Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Power Till Morning Show, Tuesday, January twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the New World Order.
Speaker 2: That's a that's Chris, that says Act. That's Paul and Corey. Hi hi, I just recapped it. For those of today's date. It is January twenty seventh. That's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Is that Tuesday?
Speaker 2: God, we're gonna complain the day because Bonus is going to be here. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh, Marni will be here later.
Speaker 2: Remember when Rosie was here Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to that? Yeah, whatever happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think he's on with comment.
Speaker 3: He is, Yes, at two o'clock most days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good for him. That's great. Yeah, everything's going great.
Speaker 3: Yeah man. Yeah, did you play your pac Man machine?
Speaker 1: Yess?
Speaker 3: Almost beat the high score again.
Speaker 2: God dang it, man, pac Man is infuriating, Yeah, because it looks so freaking simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it isn't. Man.
Speaker 3: My life is tough.
Speaker 2: So as it gets as you, as you go on to different levels to the Goblin, people just get faster.
Speaker 3: They do get faster.
Speaker 2: Yes, the ghosts, Yeah, they are ghosts.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sure, or goblins? Where the hell are all the goblins?
Speaker 4: Maybe they're the ghosts of goblins ivery.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, does a ghost have to have at some point better person? I get.
Speaker 1: I don't guess that would be the ghost of goblins past?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the blue Ones.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Very sad, I'm gad. I'm glad he's gad. He's Josh Gadd from Frozen.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. You're getting better at it, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it means a lot that you're supportive. Yeah, I appreciate it, nobody.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of things, and supportive is one of them.
Speaker 1: Try to be.
Speaker 2: I'm supportive to some people, not all. But would you say you support here the most?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Hawk?
Speaker 3: Then probably Zach then, and I mean the whole building obviously, a.
Speaker 1: Couple of people downstairs at de Mare Ends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How do you support Zach? I'm nice to him, just emotional support. Yeah, I look out for him, Zach. Do you feel that way? I feel love every day? Oh well, thanks from the entire building, right, entire company, from sauce, yeah, or from sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, you guys have that bond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, not even pretty much. Everybody here is cool in this building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well how did how did it come up the other day, Zach? Where you just had a chat. You go, you're no, you're cool, and I just remember laughing because I'm like, this is it's fun that. You know, we're at the you know, everybody's good friends here, so it's it's fun that Zach to his boss, was like.
Speaker 3: No, don't worry about it, man, you're you're cool.
Speaker 2: You're cool, said you're cool to your dear boss, and you were right.
Speaker 3: The vibe felt right. It was approporate response.
Speaker 4: Yeah, goosebumps. So, I mean it was obvious that he was.
Speaker 1: Cold and he was nipping out real bad.
Speaker 4: I didn't notice the nip thing. You mentioned that when I walked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more prominent since he got both of them pierced, you can tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah pretty fast.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that. I didn't know that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: After the Vikings got mathematically eliminated from the playoffs this year, that was his punishment.
Speaker 1: Remember, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: He didn't bet against anyone. He just wanted to punish himself as one of those guys. Yeah, that's but yeah, class just to feel alive.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: It is what he said.
Speaker 4: This is the new me, he said, welcome to the New World Order. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, So were you still into wrestling when the nWo was a big deal. Yeah, because we all played nWo versus WCW on sixty four, which at that time we thought was the greatest thing to ever happened to us. And if you go back, because we've I think I've played it, it's hideous. But when we were fifteen, it was the greatest thing I'd ever still think. That's I hope, Zach, I hope your generation still feels that. Like when you look at Grand Theft Auto five or even now the trailer for Sixtion, like that's almost a human persona right if naked eye, if you're not paying attention, it looks like reality.
Speaker 3: When we played games like Bond, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: nWo versus WCW, You're like, there is no way video games are ever going to look better than this. This is the pinnacle, this is the peak, this is the apex, whatever other cinnamon synonym you want to use for cinnamon synonym you want to use for apex.
Speaker 3: We thought that was the top level. This is it.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 3: That's freaking sting. Yeah, not the the police.
Speaker 5: Is that Hull Covid with NW It looks exactly like him, Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: They can't make it look more lifelike. This is it.
Speaker 2: It was so great, and then star Fox came out and we thought it was the As Corey said, it can't get any better. You and I played it like six years ago. It's pure trash and at the time we thought this must be how they train stealth pilots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is so realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a box floating around in three D space.
Speaker 3: It's the worst came It's not good, but we thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: Things change. Oh, you're in the Australian Open over there, sauce or what? Uh yeah, I think I would guess my wife is up watching it.
Speaker 1: You're into it? Right? Uh yeah, I go Carlos not at the table, Carlos. Yeah, No like Alcarez? Huh yeah? Do you like Alcatraz? Yeah? Oh that cool? You off?
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: He apparently is playing a guy whose name looks like the minotaur.
Speaker 1: He believes in those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very close. Elkaz is kicking his Ass's almost over. The quarter finals we call that straight sets and in the business. Yeah, yes, this is the quarterfinals. Oh zebray one okay, Yeah, Alkiz is unstoppable. Yeah, he's so good.
Speaker 1: Did you what did you?
Speaker 4: Did you say?
Speaker 1: Zebra? Whatever I at?
Speaker 3: He was talking about the mayor to New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: It's like a week and a half away from the Old Olympics, right and with them being what seven eight hours ahead?
Speaker 4: I could be a part of the old Olympics.
Speaker 3: You sure could. Ye what events?
Speaker 4: The testicle dangle?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, you would be good at that.
Speaker 2: I think you can name a couple of people you're gonna lose to.
Speaker 1: Who's the other guy? Doesn't he have a huge nuts? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got the Thursday uh two drop is what they call it. Jess Rasper's are leading?
Speaker 1: I thought you weren't going to say his name.
Speaker 4: Well, it's an Olympic sport now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the world will know we're taking Thursday. One dump a week on a Thursday is a uh Olympic sport now?
Speaker 3: Very special?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I didn't know that. Yeah, actually was an originally back to Greece.
Speaker 2: If he if Jess Rasper wins the Thursday to Dump, will Rosie buy him?
Speaker 3: Manny's no, that's a great question, he'll say you will.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The women curlers that Common has in common Tennabee and Common said, if you guys win gold, I'll take in a Manny genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah him, that's funny, and you know he'll pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's how it works. We should say something like you live broadcast and.
Speaker 1: So if you say it on the air and then they win, not on the air.
Speaker 3: Life, that's your word. So do you show up? Sure? Yeah, and if you can't show up, you would, you know, pick up the tab.
Speaker 1: The Timberwells showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they played a is it the is it the Santa Cruz Warriors? I think is there? Not triple A team, but their team. But they needed it. They needed a win. They'd lost five straight. But they're back on the right track. No, man, back on the right track by beating a team that isn't NBA level.
Speaker 1: No, but you need a win.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, here's a win for you. Sidney Sweeney might be in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 4: She snuck up on the Hollywood sign cover of darkness, climbed the letters and hung her brawl and nobody could see the Hollywood Sign anymore. It just said, good, oh, brilliant.
Speaker 1: How about those jobs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about those knockers. Sydney had a camera crew with her perfect booths, all of them with massive erections. She did it to promote her new lingerie line, which is called look at these Things Toddles.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't you spell that exactly?
Speaker 1: I don't either. I love it.
Speaker 4: The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce said, nice knockers, lady.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh, keep saying that you've lived in that area? How far up is that hot? Like?
Speaker 3: Does that is it an hour hike?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: How long would that take you to get to where she got to?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean you can drive kind of close to it. Yeah, yeah, from where you can park and walk to it. Probably a fifteen minute walk.
Speaker 3: So what part of this is illegal?
Speaker 4: What part of the sign?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So you can get very close to the sign, you just can't climb on the sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had permission to film about what one's supposed touch it or climb it or hang her knockers on it.
Speaker 6: They probably would have made an exception for the should have just asked, well, you know, for forgiveness, permission, all that true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that she is proud of them. I've told you guys this a couple of times, maybe on the shot I can't remember. But if I had a huge Wiener, yeah, yeah, it's see, it'd just say I'd put the l in Hollywood, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, you'd go to Saturday Night Live and you would be like, hey, let's get some sketches about my huge Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you would also climb something like US Bank Stadium, and when Vikings fans walked in, they'd have to like, you know, move their head left or right to avoid it walking in.
Speaker 4: Even if the gates are open, everybody like we're doing, do you have to do the limbo to get in here?
Speaker 2: That means that large job. It's just the equivalent. He would climb something and make sure that everybody knows that he's here.
Speaker 4: You know, when she was on Saturday Live, basically it was just like her breasts brought her head to the show. That's how it would be if I had a huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huge, And you hear the reports from Saturday Night Live. Was she specifically asked for a sketcher two to make fun of her boobs. Obviously she had the dress at the end that was, you know, a break the Internet moment. Yes, that's her choice, But the rest of it, I guess the writers were like, Yeah, she was basically saying, you know, put me in, put me in those spots please, And that's why they That's why they wrote that Hooters sketch. I think that's how that story unfolded. The Internet's right. I never know who knows. It's a wonderful and you were there different I've never seen. It's a wonderful life. I think Tommy loves that movie.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie. It really is.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a commitment. But I'm afraid of commitment.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, man, I would. I would clean her toilets for the rest of my life, once a day.
Speaker 2: Every day your MIC's on you, it's over for you.
Speaker 1: If she was just like if every dirty water, please listen for a.
Speaker 2: Second, what's wrong with me that my mind didn't go to like actually scrubbing it with a brush, And I just I just assumed you met like lick it clean, just like what are you doing? I'm like, oh, I actually clean it, okay, janitorial services.
Speaker 3: I thought it was some.
Speaker 4: Kind of cleaning toilets cleaner. Nobody likes to clean a toilet. But my point is is if every morning my coffee was it, she just fut those I don't have to touch them.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: She could still be in California climbing the Hollywood Sign. All she'd have to do is everyone say good morning, Christopher and then flop those things out. I would fly to La every night on my own time and cleaner toilets.
Speaker 3: And you'd pay for it.
Speaker 4: I'd pay for it. Yeah, I'd pay for it if that's how I woke up every morning, was her saying good morning Christopher and then flopping those things out. Me and Johnny Bones, Johnny, you feel the same way, yep.
Speaker 5: Ye, Oh my gosh, Bony, you don't know what you agreed to. I might have to move to California. It's a whole lot of a flying time.
Speaker 3: But that guy's a creepy per I'm a creepy purse.
Speaker 1: So what it's a lot of money, hugs, well, those it's a lot of boobies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, if you will love what you will do. You'll never work a day in your.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I'll get a pilot's license.
Speaker 3: Boy, Sauce is a pilot. He could teach you how to fly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you want to be a motor boater, thank you, Bones. I'll be a sailor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Jenny Bones.
Speaker 1: You clean toilet, keeps sailing Bob in the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh she didn't clean it, filled it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well god, she wishes i'd cleaned it. No, what's wrong? We's all too serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as Brian says, I put the wood in the Hollywood sign. That's right, Brian gets drape it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Anyway, hey Bones.
Speaker 3: Johnny Bones, john good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Been better Yeah, organized group of evils invading my city.
Speaker 4: So I'm not too thrilled about that. There is that. You got that right, brother, you got that right.
Speaker 3: There's that makes a coffee though.
Speaker 4: Hope, no peace, no rest.
Speaker 1: There's some hope yeah sure, yeah, actually right right? So and basehou seasons around the corners. Wish.
Speaker 2: Actually I wrote down two twins note today my little prep.
Speaker 3: So you know, we got some twins stuff to talk about.
Speaker 2: At some point between now at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Look at that?
Speaker 1: Really? Sure, I don't think I've got two notes, so I'm interested to see what they are.
Speaker 3: Baiter and Ryan, Oh.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, yep, I probably should have come up with a better one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's two.
Speaker 6: Podcasts, two notes on bunch uh share them with us, sing wow, oh I love that note.
Speaker 1: Gives another note. I don't know if that's a motor. Well, he's in California. Now you just got there.
Speaker 2: The Power Trip Morning Joe with John Bonus. After this on the fin.
Speaker 1: I feel better after reading that.
Speaker 4: Jamie Lee Curtis didn't understand a single part of everything everywhere, all at once once she read the script for the first time.
Speaker 3: Didn't understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it said, have you seen I can't remember to see that?
Speaker 3: No, still will.
Speaker 4: It's an impossible movie to understand. It's great, don't get me wrong, but I wonder what it's.
Speaker 3: Like all worked out for Well, for sure.
Speaker 4: It's and again I'm sure somebody explained it to her, like the first time you read Memento, or that's not a good one. I'm interstellar, you know, I mean, like I know Matthew mcconnie is a smarter guy than I am. But you gotta have somebody to sit down with a map and a like a almost a profylective.
Speaker 7: That's I mean you could, I guess, so sit down on one of those, just in case.
Speaker 3: Maybe you don't know where the Knight's gonna take you.
Speaker 1: Wait till you get to the inning. You're gonna need this.
Speaker 3: When everybody's crying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he loved it.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, that was a devastating ending.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, that's one of the most underrated movies in the line century.
Speaker 3: Interstellar.
Speaker 1: I have not seen it, and I mean to. It's a trip next Tuesday pit probably not pretty busy. Probably not. I don't see you. You know when I will watch it. I'll probably watch it the next time I'm on an airplane, because it's always it's almost always one of them that's available on an air.
Speaker 3: And I suggest you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean we're also I'm gonna watch it on an airplane, around my phone or on a TV.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna be watching in the theater.
Speaker 2: Even so, I don't think that's a plane movie. It's got to be a bigger screen than that. That's what I would suggest and you got to be focused on it. There's a lot keeping I'm pretty focused on a plane. I have a lot of Yeah, but somebody you know comes back.
Speaker 1: I'm much more focused on my plane when I am than I am at home or when i'm.
Speaker 6: You know, you finish with your beer and then you know the flight attendants coming down the aisle and you're like waiting for her to be like another five place.
Speaker 1: I feel that is what that is. Probably the the movies I have not yet seen. That is the one I feel dumbest about not seeing that one and The Departed.
Speaker 3: Oh, both ten both absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: Understand should you get two that are fantastically right?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love I mean even the music from Interstellar, I know, but I don't know that anything about the movie.
Speaker 3: There's a young Timothy Shalloway in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matt Damon Mat McConaughey with Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: No, that's just in your brain.
Speaker 4: She's like the clown from it for me, looks up out of the seers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd love you. That's why you want to clear your toilet.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's what you're thinking of the fan fiction movie that you wrote called Those are stellar.
Speaker 4: I think she's the balloons.
Speaker 3: Man christ for Nolan. But we were what were we watching?
Speaker 2: And I think it was either the AFC UNFC championship game the other day and the Odyssey trailer came on and my wife kind of was like, what is Matt Damon doing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Christopher Nolan, It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Dude, I can't wait for that movie, all right.
Speaker 2: She was ready to dismissing him, like a Christopher Nolan's not screwing up, he like almost never does. I don't know if I've ever hated these movies, even Tenant, which was extremely confusing. That was a hard movie, yes, to keep up with and understand. And like I said, I think when I was watching it in real time, I'm like, I totally get it. But if you would stop me in the parking lot leaving and say, explain that movie, I'll give you a million dollars.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, you know, like time traveling or something.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? Like if you if you were focused, I was like, I get it. I see what they're doing. They're going forward, they're going backward. I would not be able to explain it. To myself, Let Alone a Stranger right now right, And that was one of his lower rated movies. That one did not white hit. But it's a pretty good floor. Is if Tennant is like, you're one of your quote worst movies, you're pretty freaking awesome because that still was pretty fun, even though it was confusing as hell.
Speaker 1: That was that mementos him right one percent? And what about the one with what is a paccino in Alaska? The one where he can't sleep? Insomnia, insomniaccino? Who is that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Insomnia?
Speaker 1: Somnia might be one of his lower ones?
Speaker 2: Is that not a Stephen kingboll Insomnia?
Speaker 1: Is he is?
Speaker 3: It is Robin Williams, it is Christopher I never saw in Zombnia.
Speaker 4: I think I got about that movie.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 4: I forgot that was a movie.
Speaker 1: I just remember because it was so anticipated to his follow up to Momento, Blew Everybody, uh Away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hard to go wrong, man, A bunch of home runs for that, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, let's see here his uh.
Speaker 8: Uh memento Insomnia, Batman Begins, Prestige, Dark Knight, Inception, Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Tenant, Oppenheimer Odyssey, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I haven't seen the number of those I have not seen run. I haven't seen Oppenheimer. Oh I know, and uh yeah, And I'll make it to movies and I'll make it too enough, not enough movies, not enough TV in my life.
Speaker 4: I got to work on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yet, time.
Speaker 4: Brother, too much sports, too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, places to go and things to do, John Wold be time.
Speaker 4: When you're old. You can't do that, you.
Speaker 1: Get exactly right. That's exactly my plan.
Speaker 3: I will teach you.
Speaker 1: I don't have a cool basement.
Speaker 2: It's freezing out there. Just open up a window. Your basement will be sixty two degrees base. Pretend it's a basement. You got a nice don't too many windows? Man, who's windy as hell? This morning in the driveway club? Oh man, the wind was blowing like crazy.
Speaker 4: Was nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, I didn't notice.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not in the driveway club.
Speaker 1: I know. I was.
Speaker 4: I think the first time I'd not been invited into a club. And I was okay with it.
Speaker 6: Just driving on the freeway, my car was shaken all over the place.
Speaker 1: Thanks money, ye hang on any money. Man. He's dead right, Yeah, he sure is. Man.
Speaker 2: It was his birth last name money because if not, that's such a cool last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah I think it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the guy from uh pee Wee Herman.
Speaker 2: Even cooler than Bonus Police Academy one of them. I'm trying to be a calm. Front Paid Sports is next.
Speaker 9: This is the Power Trimony Show on the PIM.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: Don't you have any free music that's a little angrier?
Speaker 2: Any music can be angry, you know what I mean? This doesn't piss you off?
Speaker 1: No? Does it make you.
Speaker 2: Want to play? To Jamine Earl? Great game, It makes me want to do that. Just open a window. Any basement can be sixty degrees. All right, all right, should we do front Paid Sports.
Speaker 1: Let's wall to hear about this Wolves game.
Speaker 6: Time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 2: The front page is a reference to thing that used to be called a newspaper, where the biggest stories would be on the front page.
Speaker 1: That's what we call it sports.
Speaker 3: Holiday Station stores by two get one free.
Speaker 2: When it comes to Monster Mix and Match any flavors you want of Monster Energy, Thanks Holiday Like ultrapunk punch sounds amazing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was solid. Hear whatever you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ummm, you will ask for Johnny, You're gonna get it. The Minnesota Timberwolves one one O eight to eighty three over the Golden State Warriors. No Curry, no Ant, but it didn't matter. Randall had eighteen bones Highland with seventeen. That snaps a season high five game losing streak for the Minnesota Timberwolves Golden State nine of thirty nine from three. That'll happen when Steph doesn't play. It's twenty three percent. Minnesota outscore them in all four individual quarters updacks. The Wolves are at the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow, that is tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't feel so bad about a win if Ant was out as well as Choreer, the whole.
Speaker 2: Warriors bench, the whole team was out, almost every starter sat. It was literally their G League team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, relaxed, but they needed the win.
Speaker 1: Man, good for them. I'll take one other two versus yeah, even if they're at home. Yeah, especially after what I watched on Sunday.
Speaker 2: So Sunday, if they played Little Bee's son, right Oscar, if they played his team sixth grade and destroyed them, would that still be a valuable win?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, stack, it sure doesn't count exactly.
Speaker 2: If it counts as a win in the NBA win column.
Speaker 1: Yes, then it's a valuable win.
Speaker 2: But it makes it sound like you think they needed it emotionally, like mentally they needed to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: But what if it was against Oscars team, Well, that would be weird, but that would never happen. They're not gonna it might in film trot out a bunch of good idea for a screenplay. What fifth graders sixth graders? Six They would never get the ball? Well, it's not fair. I mean the official hands of the ball.
Speaker 1: They had the I don't know how math works. I don't know how much works.
Speaker 2: They would if that were a thing, they would be three hundred point favorites, way more thousand.
Speaker 1: They'd never score. Yeah, they'd never tached the ball.
Speaker 2: If the if NBA players, if the Timberwolves played a sixth grade team, and the Timberwolves gave one hundred percent effort, Yeah, played their absolute best.
Speaker 1: It would be a.
Speaker 2: Number so high that we'd have to figure out what's the you know, like forty eight minutes divided by let's see, they're going to score every about four seconds, you know what I'm saying. I mean, it would be an astronomical number of their number would be zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bonus will know. I bet Bonus can figure it out.
Speaker 4: I'm figuring it out with four seconds.
Speaker 1: No, but like you can figure out how many points they would? Sure I could taste to have it.
Speaker 3: Will It'd be something like what if we're.
Speaker 1: Going guesses is closer than five or ten seconds?
Speaker 3: Maybe ten seconds?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe seven.
Speaker 3: Let's call it six and then just make it easy math.
Speaker 2: Then it's ten times forty eight, so would be four.
Speaker 4: Hundred and eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, figuring two probably two or two. You just threes dunk it.
Speaker 2: Because you got a thousand point it would be about one thousand zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but they needed it. That'd be a good win for him. They would need that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's talk twins, Okay, I promised you twins.
Speaker 3: Notes.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Twins and Joe Ryan agreed to a one year, six point two million dollar deal. They avoided arbitration. What a steal for a guy that age in his prime. Basically, six point two million is an absolute steal.
Speaker 3: Your guy.
Speaker 2: Aaron Gleaman reported that Joe Ryan filed for six point three to five million. The Twins filed at five point eighty five, so the middle would have been somewhere around six point one. So, like the Twins tend to do, they're like, well, well, we're not going to give you that, We'll give you one hundred k more. So they just gave them an extra one hundred thousand dollars because they're generous.
Speaker 3: That's what they do, right.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand dollars less. I thought it was more No. Six point that Twins filed for six point three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying the middle would have been six point mission would have been.
Speaker 2: Six point one, and they went to six point two, the Twins one where else they thought.
Speaker 1: They were going to look, I mean, the way it works is so yes, yes, it's a deal for the Twins. That's the way it works. The first six years that you hold the rights to a player that you brought up through your organization, it's going to be a deal. Those first three years you get to pay them basically anything over the major league minimum that you want to, which is eight hundred thousand dollars a year. And so you'll get guys making an eight hundred thousand dollars their first year and like eight hundred and ten thousand dollars their second year and like eight hundred and twenty thousand dollars three Maybe it's a little bit more if you had a good year, right, then you go to three years of arbitration. And the truth is the team gets to control that too, because they get to decide whether or not they're going to offer that arbitration. They have a pretty good idea how much it's going to come in at. In this particular case, this is the second of three years that Joe Ryan has got arbitration, and so the Twins New is gonna be somewhere around six million dollars. The idea behind arbitration is that you get raises up until the point you wi or you would get yours about your worth if you were a free agent on the market. So it's kind of divided into thirds. So Joe Ryan's gonna be worth, you know, fifteen twenty million dollars by the time he gets the free agent market. He get made like four million dollars last year, He's gonna make like six seven million dollars.
Speaker 4: This year, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Okay, and they get to offer first whether or not they're going to offer that to him, or whether or not that's it's let him be a free agent, and they offered it because obviously they want him for six million dollars. But what happens is once they offer that, both sides submit a salary blinde as to what they think he is worth, and then it goes to an arbitrator. And this arbitraardy doesn't no thing about baseball. This arbitrator is the person who he does arbitration for everything in the world, for all kinds of labor disputes or other things right, And that arbitrator has one job. It is pick one of the two numbers. You cannot pick a number in between. Is this player worth five point eight or is this player based at worth six point three? And they decide that based on how the player did last year and how many years of how many years of experience they have, and they compare them to other guys who, like Joe Ryan, have five years of experience or in this case, four years of experience and put up a similar stats. They find a pitcher that has gotten about four years of service time and put up somewhat similar stats to Joe Ryan, and how much are they making. And then they choose based on which of those two numbers they get to have, and the twins must have taken a looking and decided either one they were going to lose or be They didn't want to have to make a case in front of Joe Ryan for how much he sucked. Ladies and gentlemen, Can I please have your attention, I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 2: The Power Tree Morning Show is officially filed for arbitration. Well, we would like to be compared to other shows with our numbers, and we would like an independent arbitrator to say what they.
Speaker 1: Believe we are worth. That would be great.
Speaker 6: I think the Power Trap might be heading the Free Agency.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's see, iHeart came in is collectively at thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars for the entire show. Believe they lowballed us.
Speaker 2: The other note, so Joe Ryan's back on the six and change deal. The other note is that former twin Harrison Bader no again, he's not a recent twin because they.
Speaker 3: They dumped him.
Speaker 2: He was one of those guys that they don't but just for four months exactly, and he played pretty well.
Speaker 1: He played fantastic.
Speaker 2: Former twin Harrison Bader no longer with the Phillies either. He signed a two year, twenty million dollar deal with the Giants. With the Twins last year, ninety six games, two fifty eight, twelve home runs, thirty eight RBI. But again he was part of the Giant sending off trade deadline bid.
Speaker 1: See you later. Did they say how old he was?
Speaker 3: I think he's thirty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty one. Harrison Bader has been a He was a starting center field for a long time and then basically the Twins got him on a little bit of a deal last year. He had been sort of a starting center fielder that was getting one year deals. Last year, the year before last, he didn't have a great year. Twins got him at a relative bargain price of about six million dollars and they put him into left field where because he's so outstanding defensively, because they didn't have much of the way of left fielders, and he had probably his best year, and then went to the Phillies and continued to have one.
Speaker 4: Of his best years.
Speaker 1: He's always played gold glove defense, but he finally really hit last year and stayed healthy. Those have been his two biggest issues, and so he was looking for a big contrary, I think he ended up getting He got a multi year deal, which I think is ultimately what he's holding up for. He wanted a two year deal. He's been playing in a series of one year deals, and congratulations, debater, I'm glad to see him, you know, kind of break through and get that multi year deal for a freegent.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, if you're if you're afraid of GLP ones, and there's there's no reason to be, but if you are, if you don't like the shot, or if you don't want to tick the pill.
Speaker 3: May I suggest getting stitches.
Speaker 2: In your gums. God, this is annoying. It it's been a little almost a week. I can barely eat because it's so annoying. When did you get that last Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Did you get in a bar bral? What's sure?
Speaker 2: That's been annoying, but bar No. I've had a lot of work done on my teeth and mouth.
Speaker 1: Not enough. Not enough.
Speaker 2: Someone say I've never had stitches in my mouth. It's annoying. It makes it extremely difficulty.
Speaker 4: Stop snitching.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: What's does it hurt? No, it's just annoying, just something. It's exactly because it's.
Speaker 3: Right in the front illegally. Tooth's exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So every like it's I've almost it's been basically protein shakes for a week.
Speaker 1: Can I see it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Right in front?
Speaker 1: Why why?
Speaker 2: Because I have like this, I have like I had this pocket that was like not They were concerned that it was going to be eventually a bone issue like down the road.
Speaker 1: So this is preventative bone issue.
Speaker 2: No your mouth, So no, I haven't had something stuck in my teeth for a week.
Speaker 3: It's been a freaking stitch right in the front.
Speaker 2: Once you do a laps anymore. It's annoying as hell though, And sometimes I can hear it whistling. I don't know if you guys can hear it through the phones, but I can hear the whistle in the front.
Speaker 1: M sun up a bitch.
Speaker 3: That's annoying, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The nitrous was sweet though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nitrous and that was that was a lot of nitrous that was floating.
Speaker 3: That's why people do drugs, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that why, Zach? Is that why people do drugs? That nitrous was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: No, they go do drugs because you feel better for a little while.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Craig.
Speaker 4: They go do drug cut.
Speaker 1: Thanks crack Cat, Bob than dude rug. I feel good.
Speaker 2: God, all right, we'll do what really matters after this.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: We have Vikings news to get to, uh, to start what really matters.
Speaker 1: I'm Corey Cove.
Speaker 2: That's John Bonus, that's a Sauce, that's Hawk, that's crackhead Zach. This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the Family.
Speaker 6: Grab your crew and join us for a mikel of Ultra Wolves watch Party January.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighth at the Rose Mount Legion.
Speaker 6: Catch the action with the Cafans max full from seven thirty to nine thirty with trivia, prizes.
Speaker 1: And specials at the details. A kfan dot com keyword calendar nailed it. Thank you man, You're welcome. I seek your approval every day.
Speaker 4: I make you life. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how much it meant to me yesterday when he said Dave Matthews was cool.
Speaker 1: I told my wife about that. That's how cool I thought that. Did you see the video Dave Matthews playing Ohio?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awesome to break it into rage at the rage so good, so good.
Speaker 4: Gotta get down to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let'ster what really matters?
Speaker 2: Brought to you by our friends at Ovo Lasik and Lens Change your Life. Get Lasik in twenty twenty six with doctor David Whiting, doctor Mark loban Off.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Ovo, Lasik and Lens butt up but up?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So remember what a week or so ago, Brian Flores interviewed for the Washington Commander's Defensive Coordinator spot. More like, what in the sweet hell is he doing? Why would he leave laterally?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: There were rumors weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago about him potentially doing that with Dallas and we debated it.
Speaker 3: We're like, would he.
Speaker 2: Go to Dallas just hoping Schottenheimer gets fired?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Why would he do that?
Speaker 1: Man's a free agent, sure.
Speaker 2: But like, why would you move laterally if the Wolfs are going to pay you?
Speaker 3: It seems weird.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, Flores interviews with the Washington Commanders as the DC doesn't make a lot of sense to us. He comes back, he's waiting for the Steelers maybe head coaching job or the Ravens head coaching job. Those get filled, you know, we get the extension with him, and we're like, all right, we're all good unless he gets a head coaching job somewhere else. Brian Flores's back, so we think we're running the show back. Got the band back together, Let's run it back with.
Speaker 3: The same group.
Speaker 2: Well, we did lose a key piece though, yesterday, and that commander's job was filled by Vikings pass game coordinator at Derante Jones, who's been a hot name in the defensive coordinator circles for a while that he was going to be a DC very soon. Well now he's a do you see in DC and apparently that's his home turf too. He was born in suburban Washington, DC, so it makes sense to go back. So Deronte Jones leaves the Vikes. He's forty seven years old, He's going to be the commander's defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: What how much Flor's had to do with that?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean he must have talked him up a little bit. And then when he knows he's not getting it or they know they're not getting him, well maybe maybe we'd take his right hand man.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, yeah, well ceremony that'd be cool if Flores don't know anything about Deronte Jones, but that's the name we've heard most of this season as a you know up and coming name on the staff and good for him.
Speaker 1: Do you know him the opportunity?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean I can't say I know him, but I know yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's been with the Vikings since twenty twenty two. At first just working with the defensive backs. But again, now he's the pass game coordinator. What the hell is the pass game coordinator that's just defending the pass? I would guess, yeah, like a yeah, is that a fancy waves saying he's like the cornerback coach. I would say secondary, secondary, even pass game coordinator. You would have to have the defensive line help coordinate defending the past. I don't know, I don't know what the past game coordinator does.
Speaker 1: Sounds like so much of what Flores is known for. It sounds like having an integrated vision of what a what the defensive scheme is going to be and how it's going to be hidden up to the point where you and this guy can drop back.
Speaker 4: This guy in charge, I've always you know, how we did the new thing is assistant head coach. Yeah, I've always assumed it was the assistant defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, like the second sure man in charge.
Speaker 2: Remember when you asked Derek Sheldon, what's a bench coach? Yeah, that's what we should ask Floras next time we ever have him on, if we ever do, or even Kosi, just what the hell is a pass game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Coordinator?
Speaker 2: And then Shelton said he was going to make me his bench coach. And I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 4: He felt bad for You could tell that's because he thought got this the way he asked the questions. And I could tell for a second that Derek thought. He went, what's a bench coma coach?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I know what that is. I'm sat on that a lot. What really matters, though, is this h Tom Jode.
Speaker 4: From the Rage Against My Song slash Springsteen Springsteen song is the title character Four Grapes of Wrath, That's right. The Grapes of Wrath John Steinbeck, not published in nineteen thirty nine, in case you didn't know. Set during the Great Depression, the novel focuses on Tom Jode and his family, the poor family of tenant farmers driven from their Oklahoma home like drought, economic hardship, agricultural interestry changes, and bank foreclosures due to their nearly hopeless situation and part because they are trapped in the dust bowl. The Jode's set out for California along the Mother Road also known as Rode sixty six. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy. What I think, probably middle school is when we were required to read Grapes of Wrath, So somewhere in sixth seventh grade, so that's coming up on that's thirty plus years for me. I read it, didn't even skim it. I read it. If you had said tell me anything about Grapes of Wrath, I would have told you exactly two words. I would have said, dust bowl. Yes, And that's all I remember from that book at all is that it was set dust bowl era. Don't remember anything else that happened. Don't remember. I just it was the dust ball, you know what. I was it and maybe I was My friends. Dad had a whole books.
Speaker 1: I wonder, because.
Speaker 4: I am, I would I would not class myself as a classify myself as an intelligent person. I'm curious, but not intelligent. I wonder if the average sixth grader can truly yeah right, absolutely not. I wouldn't think so can you get can you I don't know absorb in any way? Does any part of you absorb.
Speaker 1: I presume, I presume it is introduced to that level because the language is such that a sixth grader can you know, it's not using a lot of words that sixth graders don't know. It's written in a very plain style, right, Yeah, but the topics and the Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the whole point is to introduce kids at that age to maybe look outside your bubble and maybe it used to be really terrible and like that. I mean that's the whole point of the Grapes of Wrath, right, is to say, man, people live like that.
Speaker 3: That sounds all yes, yeah, no, I like.
Speaker 1: And it's grapes of wrath because they're going to California to pick grapes like for wine country, right, Like that's the that's the idea. I don't know. I don't know that I recognized how you know, how different that world is than the world they were coming from in the dust bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's about you know, have and have not obviously, I mean it's you know, somebody getting killed with a pickaxe, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: What what books you I can go through about six or seven maybe like that. I remember that were required that I actually read right, and again I have almost no retention of this. But Grapes of Wrath where the red fern grows, you're going to say that man, Yeah, nineteen eighty four Old Man in the Sea Animal Farm. Never read Old Man in the Sea favorite book of art, Dude, you could read it an after dude. Fahrenheit for sure. Of mice and men? Oh yeah, mice and men. I don't remember if I did. Maybe remember reading that. Yep, babbitt abbot to be here in a few hours, you know, a mocky ma.
Speaker 3: Maybe early high school? That was eleventh.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Did you guys not have to read that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: My shop teacher made us read that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that guy was going through a tough time. He just wanted somebody to talk to when he smoked that. You remember senior year when you had to read Garfield I hate Mondays?
Speaker 3: Yeah you remember, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't. You remember Lasagna and Odie remember shock?
Speaker 1: Any of you.
Speaker 2: I was not there to try. How many backpacks did you bring? Senior year zero.
Speaker 1: Zero?
Speaker 3: You were there to have snacks?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's hard to enunciate with the stitch in my mouth, and uh, talk to babes.
Speaker 3: Yep, and you did both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could hear the whistle.
Speaker 2: Now that I mentioned it. Oh, there you go. It's the audio version of Grapes of Brath.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of every time Corey talks, you just play play the whistle in the background. I don't know if I could.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys can hear it, but I can hear it something as would love you. Yeah, I'll just say a lot of words with an S in it.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's my turn, of your turn, it's your baby, Yeah, it's your turn. I don't care about that. Don't care about that. Oh, this one's fun.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Twenty years ago, I think I would have especially Sledgeen, Like, twenty years ago, I would have done about six segments on this. But now it's just like a thirty second throwaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, twenty years ago, i'd have been like, we need to fix the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: This is a joke that Shadeur Sanders has been Now it's like, who cares? Why would anybody waste time worrying about who makes But Shador Sanders has been named a Pro Bowl replacement. So the only reason I'm bringing this up because nobody cares, right, nobody here cares?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 3: But but it does.
Speaker 2: But regardless if you care or not, this is nuts.
Speaker 3: Right, He's replacing Drake.
Speaker 2: May who's playing in the super Bowl in the AFC alone, not the NFL.
Speaker 3: In the AFC.
Speaker 2: Passer rating AFC, what rank did he have in just the American Football Conference?
Speaker 3: What was his passer rating?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 3: He was ninth? Okay sauce last, No, but give me a number.
Speaker 1: Us because there's more than one quarterback.
Speaker 6: For team, right, Uh, thirtieth, Zach, I'm going to go twenty seven hawk.
Speaker 3: Max either well, I'll say twenty five.
Speaker 2: Nailed at twenty fifth in the conference, a sixty eight point one passer rating, a pro bowler, by the way, who went seven touchdowns ten interceptions that's less than one to one.
Speaker 1: Terrible, and a.
Speaker 2: Fifty six point six completion percentage, which is twenty sixth in the AFC. He played just eight games, started seven, win, three and four. Did you buy an end of rants? Did you buy chance? Look up his QBR gotta be terrible? Well, eighteen point yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: On this date, in what year was Dante exiled from Florence.
Speaker 1: The comedy played here.
Speaker 2: I was going to say we drafted him in what ninety nine?
Speaker 3: That Dante what.
Speaker 4: Now was exiled from Florence political activities, including the banishing of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cory, your hands up.
Speaker 3: I have no idea who that is.
Speaker 4: You don't know Dante's Inferno.
Speaker 3: I mean I know that reference, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about him at all, zero zero knowledge of that.
Speaker 1: It has to have been in a Renaissance book, right, I think I thought it was before Renaissance. But let's go fourteen eighty eight. So that was said the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: Thirteen oh two, yeah two.
Speaker 3: Back to not not retaining things or knowing things.
Speaker 2: I've heard the name Dante's Infernal a thousand times, never read it, so I assumed it was fictional. Didn't know that was based on an actual person me either. See come with me, Paul with me. It was not my best day. He was the author. He's the author of Inferno.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like literally his like the title is Infernal. Knew even less than that then. I thought that was the name of the book, like how they did like m night Shamela, Oh, no way like that. Oh that's not good, or Tyler Perry's Media's Halloween film, What's what's better Dante's Inferno or Medea's Halloween?
Speaker 1: Probably is an arduous read.
Speaker 10: Yes, sure, a ways there's a lot of archaic and outdated words, and it's like written in a kind of like it's not like prosaic.
Speaker 1: It's written in like a like an epic poem kind of style.
Speaker 3: Sounds depressing as hell.
Speaker 1: It's all about hell. So yes, that's the point of this.
Speaker 3: That's where like the idea of like the levels of Hell comes from, right, like hell? How many other nine did you say?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the first level?
Speaker 1: Like one is like that, this one's for liars, and this one's for adulterers and something.
Speaker 2: I don't be on that one. I was gonna say, what floor is the power morning chill on?
Speaker 4: Well, some of us are scattered.
Speaker 2: I'd be on the glutton for a multiple offenders do some of us have a key card that can get us up multiple levels according to the Circles of Hell and Dante's Inferno, and one of them you get to do the limbo.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds like fun.
Speaker 2: So some of the party. It's limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, anger, hersy, heresy, violence.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you know what it means to be in limbo? You're between heaven and hell.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you don't get to do the limbo. You're in limbo.
Speaker 1: Technically you do. What's treachery?
Speaker 4: That's the carpet at the sex World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what floor do you want to be on? Oh?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hypocrisy, Probably the gluttny floor. Oh, I'm sure there's a lot of food there, sorcery. That's not a floor I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Flattery, that's a nice floor. Treachery.
Speaker 2: Isn't that supposed to be a nice thing?
Speaker 3: Flattery?
Speaker 1: That's what that's what you thought.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's the twist, pandury and seduction.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Sauce, Yes, sir, you and I bonded over our lack of knowledge of Dante and Dante's Inferno. Yeah, and then you said hersy. God, dang it, I'm having a terrible day.
Speaker 1: They put him in the heresy and they took him do.
Speaker 3: That, and then then they made him do the limbo.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania, Yes, Yes, shout out to Park.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Joe censer a part of that bit, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I think that's where he's from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Great place, the charity board or something they work with, some foundation.
Speaker 1: If you find yourself in such a Pennsylvania Hershey Factory and Hershey Park someplace so too, especially be a kids Is it like Willy Wonka a little bit? I mean, do you have like a tour of a candy factory kind of because you lick.
Speaker 2: At Snosberry probably if you're pay enough, Yeah, Snosberry. All right, Well that was a segment. Yeah, that was that was NYE levels of hell history and that's flattering. More of the Power to Morning Show after this on the van.
Speaker 1: Welcome back by to Morey what just call me?
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 6: Five Finger Death Punch marks twenty years with a Master show a mystic like Amphitheater, August eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Special guest Cody Jenson EVA on Fire under Fire.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Tickets on sale now, get the details today. Kf Nott Comqure calendar.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm glad you saw this. Hey, Max Shover, Hi didn't wonder Man isn't. He's a comic book character that is like show smart, like died in the only episode of the comic he was ever in a Am.
Speaker 1: I wrong about that?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, Okay, he might have maybe in the Spurs appearance.
Speaker 4: I can't remember. Like back in the day, there was there was one character. There was only like like a super friend kind of thing, you know what I mean. That was only in one and he actually died in the only comic that he was ever in. And I can't remember. And for some reason, it's second in my mind that it was wonder Man. I used to know things about that when I was a kid. You know, God loved comics when I was a kid, and it was maybe.
Speaker 1: It was maybe it was Captain Marvel. Multiple characters named Captain, that's true.
Speaker 4: There were a bunch of Yeah, I don't know. Anyway, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you know the second thing? Did you know him? That was a book? Yeah? I did not know that. Yeah, okay, it's been ah.
Speaker 10: It was one of the it's one of those ones where you try to check it out at the library. It has five thousand holes and it has for six or seven years now.
Speaker 1: So that movie was the only way I could get the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, hey, welcome back, every mind.
Speaker 2: All right, let's two more of what really matters. Crucial teaches something else. The Wild host Chicago tonight at seven o'clock, right here on the fan.
Speaker 3: I assume I haven't checked the schedule.
Speaker 1: That email it it is, Yeah, tough. Their hot puts it up on the wall. I put up on the wall and then I throw feces at it.
Speaker 2: Me. Wild are twenty nine, fourteen and ten. Only if she's five three coming off a loss to Florida Saturday in overtime. Five more games before the Olympic break's three at home, two on the road.
Speaker 4: Did you stop doing that?
Speaker 1: By the way, I can't put up. I can't stop doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Am I the only one that's pumped for the Olympics. I freaking love the Olympics.
Speaker 10: Oh me too. I'm wait every time it comes around, I want to get more. I get more and more into it, and I watch more and more events.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's super funk. It's a super cool concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do we have and I'm sure we do, like an Olympic schedule of like when everything's gonna be sure? Nah, they haven't put that out yet. I'm sure it's on the website. Sure, would you like to print it off for you. Minnesotan's in there too, you know, like, I wonder.
Speaker 4: How many countries. I'm sure it's easy to look up how many countries are involved.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's guess before we look it up. What would you guess for the Winter Olympics? Far fewer than summer forty That's not a bad guess, thank you. I'd be in that range as well, so nice to him. Yeah, well, he's saying things that I agree with, except for hersy kiss Mary and on one of the floors of hell, you can do the limbo.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good guest, dude, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean what, there's a ninety five countries totally?
Speaker 2: What would you guess john number of countries participating in the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fortunate. I guess.
Speaker 3: I'll go slightly lower. I'll say thirty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I probably would go slightly lower too, so I'll go slightly higher just to be different.
Speaker 3: Forty three anybody look it up.
Speaker 1: I just did grow forty nine. I'll say sixty. I feel like there's some random countries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, ninety one.
Speaker 1: Wow, in the winter.
Speaker 3: So I guess I guess what we're we're this is what we're dumb.
Speaker 2: I guess what we're not thinking about is all the countries that have one representative.
Speaker 3: Almost no, right, you get one team there?
Speaker 4: Damn Yeah, got those Milano cookies.
Speaker 2: Wow, definitely don't have to do that to have those cookies. Do you guys have a favorite Winter Olympic event?
Speaker 1: Uh? Let me look at them.
Speaker 10: I think I'm gonna get into the biathlon this year. It looks sick. I just assumed there was one less event than the triathlon, like, oh, they don't swim or something, but no, they're like skiing and shooting at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's that's right. Well, I mean that's a Thursday night. We went one way. Bonus is gonna go. I like the luge.
Speaker 2: Because they're going at like incredibly fast lugs.
Speaker 1: Speed skating it's like.
Speaker 4: The way you said.
Speaker 1: Corey was their last fall. Yeah, rob boarding, I mean snowboarding is fun. I think there's like a ski mountaineering this year.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that crazy.
Speaker 3: Speaking all your hands up?
Speaker 1: Speaking? Have you guys? What have you come? Wait?
Speaker 7: Oh wait speaking? Have you guys? What are you guys doing speaking? Are you guys listening to speaking? Listening, listening, listening, Paul, you are speaking speaking.
Speaker 1: Of climbing thing.
Speaker 2: Do you guys watch that bin on Netflix about the guy dude? Yeah, it's so nuts type right, Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 1: It's the same guy from Free Documentary.
Speaker 4: It's I wish the show was in it was in the movie theater because I saw Free solo in a movie theater and it was.
Speaker 10: I that was I still haven't seen the actual bad docum menory. I just I just heard of this guy right before this event.
Speaker 1: Half.
Speaker 3: Have you watched your gry No, it's you.
Speaker 2: I've seen clips of him now climbing the building in type or whatever. It's just it's makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And he didn't even care when he got to the top.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he literally just went.
Speaker 2: All the cell phone videos of people that were inside the building like filming him while he was climbing, and they're cheering him on and he's smiling like yeah, I got this whatever, Like he doesn't even seem to care that way. Hopefully they weren't hockey fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the last he put his.
Speaker 4: Hand on the window and looked in and there to have been my mushroom.
Speaker 2: Why would why would hold, this guy is gonna climb a hundred story skyscraper without saying, without any safety, and you're gonna smash your hammer head against one.
Speaker 4: Of the windows.
Speaker 1: He walked.
Speaker 4: Shaving it like motivation.
Speaker 1: I think you did well. Then you get in trouble for doing it again.
Speaker 10: Just announces, Oh my god, I believe that man has his penis out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, has it affected you?
Speaker 2: Call Jeff Lambert quickly because I have a question. Let's say Alex.
Speaker 3: Is his name, right, Alex something?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's say Alex gets to like the thirty seventh floor and Chris is spread eagles shaving his nuts, and Alex gets distracted because he's like Jesus and he like and he falls and dies and meets him and they and they find out that he that he slipped and fell because Chris distracted him by going spread eagle and shaving, creaming his crotch. Is this murder? I mean it may be like he might be an accessory to it. What I mean, I hope you at least feel bad if the guy falls on the thirty seventh floor because he saw you doing it.
Speaker 1: Definitely, what level is hawk banished to at that point?
Speaker 2: Level of hell, he's going to have to do the limbo and hersy with his freshly clean ball.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: No, I don't I don't know if isn't it an hour and a half or something to.
Speaker 4: Have to watch?
Speaker 1: Watch it yesterday?
Speaker 2: He fast forward like the first fifteen minutes because it's just a bunch of Paris. It's incredible, it's incredible, it's incredible, like he just the hand dexterity that he has and like he goes it's on. You have to watch it. He doesn't make a mistake, do you? Guys say, I'm more impressed with the mental, yeah, accomplishment than the physical because I don't know how. I mean, first, physically it's amazing. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying I don't know how somebody convinced themselves to do it where for an hour and a half, you cannot make a mistake.
Speaker 3: If you make one mistake, you're dead.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the other thing, and unbelievable. I know they researched this stuff. I'm sure you know everybody had it, but like I would expect that, and building that tall somewhere, there's nowhere to hang on to. Yeah, there's a flat spot.
Speaker 1: He had to do like a little jump at one point, right, so it was.
Speaker 2: Like right at the top of it was at one point there's like he he climbs without using his feet and you're like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And then he'll get to like the top of the bit and he'll stand on like the very edge and he'll look down and I know.
Speaker 2: Hey, I can see you guys, the people that are doing the commentating.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, what's up. And I'm like, back, I'm so scared. I'm so scared the whole time.
Speaker 4: You gotta tell you, man, And I hope. I don't know. And there's something in my mind tickling. That's something I shouldn't say this, but there's like something that's not connected, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: I read something online and I don't know if it was actually real or I didn't really look into it. Someone said they did a study on him and his brain literally doesn't release the same amount of fear that a normal right, Like, like, yeah.
Speaker 4: There's something inside that. How could you Even when he's standing on top of the building right beside the weather vane and he's just looking there and it's you know.
Speaker 2: He's taking this up and he doesn't care like he literally his legs aren't shaken.
Speaker 1: He didn't even do like yeah, like you just went sick.
Speaker 2: If they could figure out how to do what they have not they but how how his brain is wired. If they could just do that for the rest of us, I could eat tater tots, you know what I'm saying. I could go to a real restaurant, like a real boy live on.
Speaker 1: Netflix too in your garage? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Correct, Oh I'm not there Netflix the next Netflix you said that was earlier. I really want to give you this because I wonder if you guys know about this what really matters that is this? Do you guys know in regards to Super Bowls? Have you ever heard the reference to black Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're going to be fastening and so you know what I'm talking about, Zacho?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: Bony?
Speaker 4: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Who thinks so?
Speaker 4: Super Bowl thirteen, played on January twenty first of nineteen seventy nine, is known as Black Sunday, specifically in Las Vegas, because the Pittsburgh Steelers thirty five thirty one victory over the Dallas Cowboys caused the sports books to lose upwards of three million dollars, which at the time was a buttload of money. The Steelers covered the three point five spread in the high scoring game, sixty six total points crushed the over under. The significance of Black Friday Our Black Sunday, I should say, refers to the massive financial loss for the Las Vegas book makers, as many betters favored the Steelers and the total parts of points far exceeded predictions. Some things were changed within it. I think that's where the invention, or not the invention, but the idea that almost every game is a three and a half or four and a half or five and a half. This Super Bowl itself costs the sports books so much money that it changed the way they do things completely.
Speaker 1: I mean, before that, did the line not move maybe if there's too much money I want to right now, if there's too much money on one side or the other, they moved the word right right, They move it up to try and get as much money on the other side of the line as they can. I wonder if at that time they, I mean, there's still nineteen seventy nine. I don't know how easy that was to do or how difficult that was to do, to track that stuff in real time.
Speaker 4: As you guys might have been able to tell when I was describing Black Sunday, My computer's just a spinning wall of death.
Speaker 2: Right, we don't have the latest and greatest.
Speaker 1: No, this computer doesn't even get me.
Speaker 2: That one has ms dos. Yeah, this one has word munchers on it. You mean number monchers?
Speaker 3: Was there word mounchers too?
Speaker 4: I think it's got carpet munchers on it.
Speaker 3: Double number. It was awesome. Oh yeah, I was terrible at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, here you go, God that checks out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two years after the movie Black Sunday hit theaters nineteen seventy seven, another Super Bowl disaster played out in Las Vegas, where sports books were buried by betters who middled Super Bowl thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh the Lion was moving.
Speaker 4: The Steelers opened as a two and a half points favored over the Cowboys and the line closest high as five. It landed on four. Pittsburgh's thirty five thirty one victory made winners of virtually everybody who had put money on it.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: They dubbed a Black Sunday M good Yeah right. The game was the biggest losing Sunday for the Super Bowl. That ever, was said Jimmy Vaccaro, an odds maker. That was the first big loss I took as a young aspiring book maker with black hair who could stay out late all night and those days are going at the time, he ran the sports book at the Royal Inn, which I bet was just a slutty place.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: We couldn't afford to go there. We were still getting down Route sixty six picking grapes at the little Royal End casino, where we had just three betting windows at the time. We lost one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars. Lefty Rosenthal lost one point six million dollars at the Stardusk because they were getting all the big action.
Speaker 2: You gotta love a gambler named Left yet, Yeah, freaking.
Speaker 4: Love Left to the guy that they did casino after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I can't remember anyway, Yeah, Ace Rothstein, I think was the character's name.
Speaker 3: Was it not? But I don't remember what his actual name was.
Speaker 1: Lucky Left or something, Oh.
Speaker 4: Lucky Jimmy Gerard's place. The Royal Las Vegas lost about seven hundred thousand dollars. Rosenthal the inspiration for Robert deniros There you go and Casino ran a promotion the start Us, offering betters the chance to lay three and a half points with the Steelers and take four and a half with the Cowboys. When it was over, the line of betters cashing tickets reportedly stretched from the Stardus sportsbook Downtown.
Speaker 2: Wow, heartbreaking the poker world. By the way, do you guys see our spot playing in Hollywood? They opened up an awesome poker room upstairs, like a less than a year ago, already closing.
Speaker 3: It didn't even last a year. It was sick too.
Speaker 2: It was a really nice room. I played it exactly once, but it was really nice up on the mezzanine level. Really no, I won't like eight hundred dollars in like four hours. It was a piece of cake. Sever Hawk played in the black jack turn. I think so on that mezzanine level that guy wanted to fight him.
Speaker 3: Yeap where there's like a bunch of Chris Angel advertisements.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also the strip host though, which is a great. Yeah. That poker room was up there, and it was kind of pisted if you take your clothes off, stop listening.
Speaker 3: Even last a year, Zack, do you ever walk up there was a good spot?
Speaker 6: I never went up there, but next room, yeah, less than a year pulling the plug.
Speaker 1: Why, I don't know.
Speaker 4: People aren't playing poker anymore.
Speaker 3: There's something to go to Vegas, something like a good point.
Speaker 2: I think somebody said there's something like sixteen poker rooms left in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Never ever, room is potentially a poker room.
Speaker 2: My turn a year turn needs mine go for basketball at Wisconsin tomorrow. The only reason I'm bringing that up is they played the now fifth ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. They were seventh on the at the time, but now fifth. They played Nebraska really tough for the first half, had like an eight nine point lead something like Thatah got absolutely smoked in the second half. But if you do like college basketball number three Michigan tonight hosts number five Nebraska and undefeated Fred Hoiberg and the Cornhuskers. Michigan is eighteen and one, Nebraska twenty. You know, here's what's crazy. Hope nobody looked. Don't look this up, sauce. If you're looking this up, no, I played number one fair enough, So I just said Michigan's number three, right, and they are the home team. They are eighteen and one hosting number five Nebraska number one. I don't care if you guys don't know anybody on either team. What do you think the spread is? Number three versus number five? Number three is the home team.
Speaker 3: Who's favored? And by how many?
Speaker 2: Nebraska is a two point fave two and a half point favor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fact that you're asking this, it's surprising, makes me doubt myself. But I'll just say Michigan was at three and a half, four point five, Michigan, fifth, Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 10: And the home team, I'll say Nebraska then by three.
Speaker 2: Nebraska has won something like twenty four straight games, right, twenty and oh this year, but four additional few date back to last year. They are undefeated. They are at number three Michigan, and they are ten and a half point dogs. Dear Lord about that, Michigan. Yeah, they're minus ten and a half. They're stats behind the scenes are not particularly good. They keep winning a lot of really close games, to the point where people think that there's they've just been kind of getting lucky in a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Even the number versus the Gophers wasn't very high. Their number over the Gophers. Was I don't reasonable enough that you wouldn't want to You wouldn't want to have taken the taken the Gophers. So I might watch that tonight, anybody want to?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's essentially that's a that's almost a number one versus number one. If we get to the n cua A tournament, right, that's on the brink of being a one versus a one. Yeah, one, it'd be a one versus a two. But that's how good this game could potentially be. This is a final four level matchup. When you talk three versus five, pretty good.
Speaker 4: Which side do you want? Sassy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys should do some gambling front side.
Speaker 1: I would take Michigan. That's plus ten. You're given a long week, buddy. Yeah, okay, I'll take Nebraska with the plus ten and fifty.
Speaker 2: Sure, she just took Nebraska plus ten and a half. I did sauce Michigan minus ten and a half. Yeah, all right, bets book it? What would you bet? Put them blind fold? Though you guys are having a completely different.
Speaker 3: We're also debating what side they're on.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest. As I speak with my clients over there, they're fine with either talk about it, are you guys going to high five? Or we won't look at each other, but we will. We will have five more.
Speaker 3: Of The Powers Morning Show after this.
Speaker 1: On the fin