Speaker 1: Flors Morning lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine. Listen Beaverville, come on in.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us.
Speaker 1: Bring us to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeah, super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Light a goo Nito gay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the seventeenth day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the partch of Morning Show fifth. How about that game yesterday, eh, fikes lose another one, Lots to talk to when it comes to that. We got Ben Labor, Mike Musseling and cast one thousands coming in for that. No more meets us today, but he'll be back tomorrow, I hope. I think, long as the airline gets him home and uh and as long as Gambler doesn't take control. Here's some comedy. Let's get this thing started. Here's Nathan McIntosh. It's patch of Morning show comedy on a Monday morning. Come on in now. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 3: I've realized I will always have a great Christmas. If I don't go home, no matter what I do, if I sit in this city and watch rats fight, that will be about Christmas then flying home and watching my mom scream at my brother about things that happened in ninety six. And I actually have like a crazy family. I know a lot of people like to say that. A lot of people that's it, though anybody that actually says it never has a crazy family. You listen to people like my family's nuts.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I go home and my mom's like, how are you, And it's like, oh my god, leave me alone, you psycho. My Dad's like, let me hug you, and it's like these people are praising.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: And my mom has.
Speaker 3: Such a reird relationship that makes it hard for me to get her any card for any holiday because every son to Mother card is this over the top poetic, magical thing. Every son to Mother card reads like, Mother, when I think about you, the sun rises and the tides come in, and your face glows like the sun.
Speaker 1: Happy Easter.
Speaker 3: I don't. I'm not sleeping with this woman Hallmark. Okay, it doesn't have to be this BIG's this is what I need for my mom. I need a car that's like your mom. What up Christmas? That's all that I need. That would settle the whole thing, with the drawing of the dad that was never there on the back, you know, the.
Speaker 6: Sweet on your side powers Your morning, Joe, Monday, November seventeenth, Good morning, Zachary, Good morning Christopher, Chris, zach christ to see what's happened, grade Bread.
Speaker 2: It's all happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of stuff's happening. A lot of stuff positive for the Wilds, not so much for the Minnesota Vikings. I think we'll probably bring that up at some point between now and nine o'clock, the Viking parts specifically.
Speaker 2: I guess it is.
Speaker 1: A talker.
Speaker 2: People seem concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rightfully. So it looks like it was going to be an absolute instant replay a Week one, right, JJ Mosley plays like ass for three quarters, but then heroically finds a way to beat the Bears in the final minute, almost an exact replica of Week one, and then we gave up a fifty six yard kick return and the rest is history. Whoopsies.
Speaker 2: Yeah it sucked, sure did Yeah it sucked. Yeah, I don't know. It was surprising that that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My favorite part was how the TV cameras zoomed in in slow motion and Kevin O'Connell after the fifty six charter? Are you bleeping kidding me? Yeah, coach, That's how we fell to interesting interesting, interesting. And then you know a little controversy on famline, people arguing whether or not we should have just kicked it through the end zone touch back. I don't know if that's the great plan either. How about the best plan is return, let him return it, but then don't let him run at fifty six yards back. That's the best plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How about it not suck for ever before that?
Speaker 1: Yes? How about play better until the final three minutes? That would be better too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, because as terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was both right. JJ was erratic all game, and then the times he wasn't erratic, we couldn't catch it right. Addison had drops hopkinson JJ like they weren't helping him at all. So it's he either freaking airmails it or he puts it right in their hands and they drop it.
Speaker 2: And sometimes those drops were because he threw them seven hundred thousand miles an hour, yep, when he didn't need to throw them seven hundred thousand miles an hour.
Speaker 1: There's that as well.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating, and we almost won, but then we lost. I was like, you know what, good, that's what you get. Oh wow, you know what.
Speaker 1: Straighten your asses up? Me just me, man, sauce isn't even here. That's a sauce take. I love it. You deserved it. That's something he would say, you deserve to lose.
Speaker 2: I was upset. It's like, come on, man, go play football. You know how to play football. Get wide receivers wide open, throw it to him, right, Yeah, take a deep breath, relax, let's kid play football. I don't know, aggravating as hell.
Speaker 1: Aggravating as hell so far as an interception machine. And man, he got really lucky that that moon ball wasn't the third interception, the one that he just rainbowed up and the two bears ran into each other. Yeah, that should have been pick number three.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to loging this computer one more time and for a deal. It's going out to the window, just so you guys know.
Speaker 1: Two step verification. Yeah, ah does caps lock on?
Speaker 2: No? No, but thank you, that's right. One more time. This is it? This may be my falling down moment. It worked. I think, come on, baby, come on baby, you cut this, you cut this, this blue screen there it is.
Speaker 1: It works. What a relief.
Speaker 2: They really thought I might go throwing it out the window. I can't get the windows open. Computer.
Speaker 1: You know, people thought you were kidding when we had Pelisaro on Thursday and you were like, these are the same computers from when you were an intern here. They really they thought you were joking, like, oh, that's funny.
Speaker 2: There's no those guys are great.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, we got these computers when there were still commercials where guys were going, you're getting a Dell.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: That was the same timeline that was before the singer Adele. It's way before it. There was no like confusion. No, if if she had released an album at that point, it would have been entitled something like five right. Oh that's an adel joke for people that I.
Speaker 2: Get it because she yeah heard the age thing.
Speaker 1: Sure, I wonder if that's close to true. When was she born? Oh? I know, I wouldn't ask. That's got to be close. She's I's got to be here in or what is she in her mid thirties something like that. Is she really is twenty thirty seven? All right, so the timeline is slightly off. Born on Cinco de Mayo, nineteen eighty eight. Nineteen eighty eight, good year, did not?
Speaker 2: We're gonna get snow apparently good?
Speaker 1: I want to go skiing, in snowboarding and whatnot. Let's go enough of this garbage. Yeah, let's it's time. Let's go. Don't they have the fake stuff? Yeah? I like the natural stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's always been for big naturals snow storms.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you guys hear from Gambler at all this weekend? No?
Speaker 1: Just the group text.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like they were having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can't quite tell if he's winning. There's a compan he had the one win, right, I saw the one win.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if he's if he apparently videos and tweets or texts. I should say every time he wins, we only got one text? Yeah, yeah, and that has a long weekend.
Speaker 1: Look like Crisa was doing well and having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look he did pre well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the way you tell if he's winning or not is if he sends a video or a picture.
Speaker 1: He hasn't sent anything really.
Speaker 2: Right, he's it that one.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, But Creso also hasn't said that Gambler has taken over and Paul wants to burn the city to the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do see a lot of video just Tim and christ.
Speaker 1: Though, right, which means sauces out on his own, Yeah, yes, or hanging out with Brent, but who knows. I don't know what they're doing. I never know what he's doing. But he'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Should call him?
Speaker 1: Eh, No, it's three thirty eight, Yeah, saying.
Speaker 7: Now, but like you know, maybe over the weekend when you are thinking about him.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what guys.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I don't check in check in on Paul in Vegas and go are you having fun? Great to see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I might psycho just to make fun of him. If he says I'm gonna burn this place to the ground, I might just I might encourage him. I might be like, yeah, you really should do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weird. You know how they always say you should check it on your friends, make sure everybody's okay. Well, if I thought Paul was going through a mental health crisis, I'd be like, are you all right, buddy or what. But if he's just in Vegas, what do I care. I'll see it when he gets back on Tuesday. I gotta check in with friends and go is your vacation lovely?
Speaker 2: I'm on psychopath, I'm on year nine of a mental health crisis. I ain't heard crap from me.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do for the ten year anniversary? Howthough?
Speaker 2: Why you guys are laughing?
Speaker 1: Laughter is the best message?
Speaker 2: Well I've been taking that lot. They didn't do that with Jim Carrey.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, things are great, but yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well, laugh at the vikings make you feel better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because if.
Speaker 1: You break it down, it's kind of depressing. They're four and six, they're four and six, and they're one and four at home again, JJ's just an interception machine. And the completion percentage is just garbage. I mean, that's just just not getting better. Fifty percent yesterday just brutal. Still, you know, he was lights out when it mattered late but shocking, which is great. But you know, it's the all time question, how can we why can't we capture that the rest of the game? Where is that? The rest of the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like I always say, if the team is so good when we script the first drive, script every damn drive, how about just tell oh, JJ mac hey, I know it feels like it's the first quarter, but this is the last time we'll ever touch the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lie to him.
Speaker 2: You best get out there, You're best do it now.
Speaker 1: You know, when he's meditating before the game, much like Chandler bing listen to books on tape to try to stop smoking. That's a reference you guys will understand. Why don't we just let JJ listen to like a book on tape while he's meditating. That convinces him that the entire game is the fourth quarter, right, like, hypnotize him and go, this is the fourth As soon as you start playings, this is it. This is what matters most, and maybe you'll play better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 1: So how do you guys feel about that? This is my hardcore sports question at five in the morning. WHOA, I know, the frustrations growing. Everybody's pissed at JJ right now, right there were some booze in the stadium. It's getting frustrating. I get it. It was Halloween, though, do you do you at least take a little solace in knowing that he does have the clutch gene. He does seem to be clutch when it matters. He doesn't seem to shy away from those moments, Like that's what you want the most in a quarterback is fearless, inaccurate, and kind of awesome when it matters. And he's shown that a couple of times this year that he's got that. He just can't do it for sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: I just don't know, of course.
Speaker 1: That the optimism knows that he still got that into me there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've seen some good stuff, there's no doubt about it. But he turns into Uncle Rico when he sees an open receiver.
Speaker 1: No, that is a reference everybody should get.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's the hard thing is like the easy throwers that it seems like that I like like Zach could make. That's the you know, that's got to be real frustrating, And you know, the hard thing is knowing that everybody has a shelf life, including the best receiver in the game who's out there just wandering around all by himself and wondering where mom and dad are. Yeah, like I'm over here, Why throw the ball to the guys in the side lines. I don't know, it does seem like he's thinking more than he's playing.
Speaker 1: Right, got a late lunch with my dad yesterday and that was no but he did have some hot takes. And that was actually one of his hot takes. Is an eighty seven year old guy basically said to me, you know the worst part about this JJ McCarthy struggle is that they're wasting Justin Jefferson's prime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree with him, and that's not wrong either. I mean, look, before JJ signed the big deal, remember we heard all those stories that you know, he wanted clarification on the plan moving forward at quarterback. Not necessarily that he got to decide, but he wanted at least to know, like, hey, where are we going with this? And he said sounded like he was on board with the McCarthy plan. But he's twenty six years old. I would argue the next what three ish years is the prime Justin Jefferson era. Yeah after that, Yeah, I'm not saying he's done it twenty nine to thirty, but these are probably his next two or three years, probably the best years of his career. Statistically, it's going the wrong way, the wrong way for Jefferson.
Speaker 2: I think by the way, the Bears have become my least favorite team. I don't know what it is about Caleb Williams, but he makes me want to spit.
Speaker 1: In Jalen Ramsey's face.
Speaker 2: Well in his general direction, which would be I mean, that's like a living non sequitor. You'd be like, what that. I don't even know who you are, little man? Why are you spending to me?
Speaker 1: That would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you would have your press pass permanently pulled if you ran under the field and spitting Caleb Williams face. Yeah, right, and no explanation. Just I don't know why. I don't even like you. I just don't like you, and you spin on them. I'm pretty sure that'd be the last Vikings game you worked.
Speaker 2: I might be in traction as well.
Speaker 1: Do you think you would get fired from here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, well from here, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody knows we work here.
Speaker 1: So you'd be kicked off the Vikings radio network. But I think you actually would bring a lot of attention to the show. I don't think they would fire you from here.
Speaker 2: I probably have to issue an apology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that'd be good for ratings too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 1: Then we could always be the morning show that spin on a Bear's quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm letting you down, oh man from spitting.
Speaker 1: Well, whenever you want to be done traveling with the Vikes, just do that. Just back to the quarterback you like the lease and spit in their face.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he play here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: No, Caleb's done for the year.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Jena Ramsey, Oh got it?
Speaker 1: No, because we played them in we played them in Dublin. This is Steelers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Who was I thinking of? I thought it was the Washington Dolphins game with the guy spit on the guy.
Speaker 1: No, no, it was Bengals Steelers. Jalen Ramsey claims that Jamar Chase spitting his face, and Jamar Chase is denying doing it.
Speaker 2: But there's video, Yeah, there's always video.
Speaker 1: I think I do think these guys forget you know, there's this is an NFL game. Yeah, if there's a scuffle, every camera that's available is going to zoom in on that. And Jamar Chase says, no, I didn't spitting on anybody.
Speaker 2: You know what why I would have been bad during the American Revolution because it seems like it was cold every day, even in the summer, and I don't think I would have wanted to go outside, even for our country. Yeah, I mean, have you ever seen a I almost aid the video? You ever seen a polaroid? Now I adn't go to work either. No, you ever seen a painting of the American Revolution in which they looked warm?
Speaker 1: Well, they wore like fifteen layers back.
Speaker 2: In the day because it was always cold. There's always cold. Did you guys watch any of kin Burns's latest No, God, good, I fell asleep watching it last night, But not because it was boring, just because I'm old balls. But my gosh, is it good.
Speaker 1: I love And it's about the American Revolution?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's about the Yeah, but uh, you know, the formation of our country. It's pretty crazy. Man. You've heard of the Seven Years War?
Speaker 1: You've heard of it?
Speaker 8: What it is?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Seven Years War? It was basically how England won America from France. It was more than that, but it was basically that the person who fired the very first shot of the Seven Years war was one George Washington crazy. I mean literally, the very first shot in that war was fired by George Washington, who ended up fighting to take America away from England, but he fired the first shot of the war that took America away from France. Crazy.
Speaker 1: The actual first shot was like a ceremonial first shot.
Speaker 2: I'm talking the first one that killed somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh my, yeah, I mean we should put him on some currency.
Speaker 2: And I would have been but it was too cold.
Speaker 1: Was that the musket days? Were they shooting muskets?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, I don't know. I think they were Ak forty seven's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Zach, think about what he's saying over there. They were all layered up. It always looked cold. We've never seen a battle where it's a bunch of men like in short shorts and tank tops running around wrestling for our country's freedom.
Speaker 2: That's something needs to happen, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't just bare knuckle like boxing. No no, no guns, yeah, no knives, just wrestling.
Speaker 2: Like the Latest Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: Exactly like the Latest Roadhouse, but the bad guy is England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well Connor McGregor's Irish, but sure, there we go. You know, one of the best films of all time. There's a channel on I think it's Pluto, maybe Roku, I don't know. I pay for every service in America, just trying to find the Vikings game for God's sakes. One of there's a channel Cory that shows nothing but the latest I just said it, the latest Roadhouse movie. It's over and over and over again. It starts again, and you know what, it's great, boy, it's real, real good. At one point, Connor McGregor is shoving Jake Chilenhall's head into a piano and he's and they're both bleeding heavily, and uh for comic relief, Jake says to Connor, this piano is out of tune.
Speaker 1: It's kind of stuff they said during the American Revolution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there I was off to the corner, going, could we get a heated layer in here? Then we have some long Johns. Doesn't they have one of those those jackets that has a button I could push that warms my nethers up. I'm freezing.
Speaker 1: Think of the people that froze the death right. You got the yeah, I mean it was the northernmost battle in the American Revolution, the northernmost battle and then what time of year? Like are we talking? I don't know, I don't know my history.
Speaker 2: About I bet they fought in Nova Scotia.
Speaker 1: Newfoundland, Siege of Quebec.
Speaker 2: Yeah remember that?
Speaker 1: Okay, when was that? Seventeen seventy five? Which month? Oh, I know it's seventeen seventy.
Speaker 7: It was also the Battle of Fort Taekwonderoga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that, Zach.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Battle of the Ball is going to disappoint you, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wait to get to that unit and school, well said, excellent choice of words. More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the Fan.
Speaker 9: Oh Billy, Hey, welcome back you're wife.
Speaker 2: Oh poor Mussy's sick. We love your mustman feel better brother.
Speaker 1: Well, then it's gonna be just Ben Yeah, no, uh no must today, No sauce today. What's the deal with Grimmer?
Speaker 2: Grimmer's coming in a minute.
Speaker 9: I got a.
Speaker 1: Weird I got a weird take on the old Oregon Gopher A game. We can talk about that when he gets there. It's not a good one. I'm just just interested.
Speaker 2: Watch U watch Saturday and live it all.
Speaker 1: Watched all of it?
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 1: Glenn Powell was outstanding and Zachary your guy, did you see Marcello her Ernandez? Dude? The Sebastian Meniscalco sketch? No, oh my god, wait a ten out of ten. I've seen it three times now and there's three jokes. I've laughed out loud and I know the jokes coming. He just freaking nails it. It's so perfect. I don't think guess now does that enough? Just lets one of their cast members go, I can do a spot on Manuscalco and then they say, well, how do we how do we do this and it doesn't have to be Weekend Update? How else can we do this?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: They they had Glenn Powell's character basically having a bachelor party at some beach house, and at the last second that the premise of the sketches, well, guys, we actually have one more person coming and I forgot to tell you and I'm sorry, And Glenn Powell's like, it's actually my friend, Sebastian Meniscalco. But he's not anything like he is on TV. He's going to be super cool and when he walks through the door, he is exactly like Sebastian Meniscalk like he is on and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Wa.
Speaker 1: Marcello's impression is a ten out of ten, so that one made me gut laugh. I thought it was outstanding good. I love senl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had so many different things to choose from me and Landman started season two last night, so I haven't started that Yetie, there's just so much to watch right now out of nowhere, Yeah, right now. I watched the Eddi Murphy documentary like that that real good, real good.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way back to U SNL. Our guy Tommy Brennan from Saint Paul. His role is quickly increasing. Those first couple of episodes, he barely got any screen time. He's had a lot of roles in the last couple of weeks. That is, A had that song with Ben Marshall that got some run. He's been the center of a couple of sketches. So starting to ramp up for our guy Tommy Brennan, which was fantastic. He was awesome. And I saw our friend, our friend Kelsey Cook was in New York because their friends Tommy and Kelsey, and Kelsey posted that she got to watch the show from the writer's room, so she got to actually go to Saturday Night Live, which she'd be great on that, she'd be well, yeah, of course she'd be great. Yeah, that's really cool. Hi Grammer, good morning everybody, Good morning. I haven't seen you in like nine it's been bye week last week. Oh moving, here we go, am I on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Very good bye week last week? Yeah, Tommy was here. Tommy was here.
Speaker 10: Very nice. I get it now. It took me a second. But very clever, very very clever, very clever.
Speaker 1: That's what I bring to this show is clever bisexuality.
Speaker 7: Tom clever Corey that you're gonna make me next week. Just saying yesterday to somebody, do you like Corey? I said, he brings this great cleverness of sexuality to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, yes, well said put that on my.
Speaker 2: It's a lack of clarity with the sexuality as well.
Speaker 1: Yep. Uh hey, let's let's get my hot sports take out of the way. Here we go. It is so rare when the statistics before a game almost identically match what happens in the game, like the analytic predictive thing. Yeah, but but not just the spread, which was not that far off. Of course, we'll get to that. But how about going into the game. We talkedked about how the Oregon Ducks were something like six in the country in defense because they only gave up thirteen point eight points a game. They gave up thirteen points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then it was like, well they have the number one pass defense in college football. They gave up like one hundred and twenty nine yards a game. They gave up one thirty eight. Wow. And then it was like, well, there were like twenty five and a half point favorites and they won forty two to thirteen. Like almost all of the big metrics were like, yeah, they're gonna give up like thirteen fourteen points they did. Yeah, they're gonna hold Drake Lindsay to like one hundred and thirty one hundred and forty yards, Yeah they did. Yeah, they're supposed to win by like twenty five. Yeah they did. It's just like it's it's so rare that exactly what the stats say is going to happen is exactly what happened. Yeah, it was. That's exactly what I mean.
Speaker 10: They're just better, They're just it just the gaps there somehow you got to figure out how to close it. I mean, we could do a whole hour on just you know, like there's some predicted speaking of predictive, there was some predict the measures of when NIL was going to start, that the gap could widen. There were some schools who could close the gap. Potentially. Texas Tech has done that, Nebraska maybe a little has done that in terms of you know, the the you know, blue bloods and not. And Minnesota's still working on it. But that doesn't mean it's hopeless.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean they're not gonna they can't have good football seasons, right raid somebody. Yeah, and the road they have at Northwestern on Saturday, at.
Speaker 10: Wrigley Field though, so which is a you know crazy That's where they played Michigan this past week.
Speaker 1: So it basically takes up the whole field.
Speaker 10: Like on one of the end zones, there's like three feet behind the end zone and then it's the the dead ivy brick wall.
Speaker 1: Great, we're going to have Gus Farott's slamming his head into the pads again.
Speaker 10: Now pads. But yeah, and now it was a tough road schedule. Right when the schedule came out last December, you looked at it and it was like, well at Oregon, at Ohio State, those were.
Speaker 1: The you know, almost too guaranteed loss.
Speaker 10: And two best teams almost certainly going to make the playoffs, and so there wasn't anything totally surprising. It would have been fun to be competitive, you know into the second half. That wasn't the case. The Iowa thing kind of hangs over, but that was such a crazy you know, pick six a punt return and all of a sudden you've run eight plays and you're behind twenty four nothing. And they're pretty good too. So yeah, the road, the road situation is not good. And that you know, the home schedule was softer and they've they haven't lost.
Speaker 1: At home, so let's hope that holds against Wisconsin. Yes, God, they need to win that game. Yeah, that's the one that matters the most. That's the big one because now that it's like, you know, we're going to be in an average Bowl. You got to keep the end. You just got to beat Wisconsin. Front Page Sports and a second is the power to wanting you on the fan.
Speaker 7: Kf Ann and the Vikings are teaming up for Toys for Tots. Join us live at Shields and Eden Prairie on Tuesday, December second, from five thirty am to six thirty PM with our annual broadcast presented by Unrear Brent Toy spreads some joy. For one of the first fifty dollars each show, you score a sweet cafe and unreal winter beanie. Details at camfeg dot com slash Toys. Time now for front page Sports presented by Holiday station Stores.
Speaker 8: Today station stores get two Celsius for just five dollars. Again, CELSII, Celsius is celsius either way.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about? The Celsius Yeah, two for five, Mix and match any flavors you want. I don't know how to pluralize the hell out of that word. Who cares? That's not why I'm here, Grimmer, not to pluralize celsius. What would give the plural of celsius? Celsius is? You should get plural celsius at Holiday two for five, Mix and match any flavors you want. They got some weird ones, give them a shot, try it. Why not?
Speaker 7: You're selling a lot of celsius is over there, Society multiple celsi The Bears beat the Vikings nineteen to seventeen JJ mc arthy with a couple of interceptions.
Speaker 1: Sixteen of thirty two for one hundred and fifty yards did throw one critical touchdown that temporarily gave the Vikings the lead with what fifty seconds to go forty seven point seven passer rating.
Speaker 9: He was as hell and I'm not trying.
Speaker 1: To take this anymore. So he rips it to Addison. The Vikes take the lead on a late touchdown with like fifty seconds ago. There are people around me going, uh oh, we scored too early, and I'm like, have you seen this offense? You gotta take it when you can get it. Obviously, if you're Patrick Mahomes, you might say, let's let's run the clock down a little bit, then let's strike when you're struggling. If you can score a touchdown with fifty seconds to go, yeah, you take it. Take it when you can. I will take you can.
Speaker 10: On that it was first and ten from the fifteen. I turned to the guy sitting next to me at the press box and said, they should hand the ball off here just once. Either make them take a time out or let the clock whine, because you don't want to score right now, and in a perfect world you are one hundred percent. They've been running well enough that I think I think it was fork and then because they're in no rush from the fifteen, you're gonna get eight plays in a minute. I mean, you'd have no problem, but yeah, you take it when you can get it. I do think it can team sure. I mean it's easy to second guess now, and if the kick return doesn't happen, they probably win the game either way. But the kick return was a killer exactly.
Speaker 1: So in your scenario if you if you ran at once and made them wasted time out is if they have a fifty six yard kick return, the game would have been identical in it. Yeah, butterfly effect, we get it. But still so, yeah, no problem with the strike to Addison with fifty seconds ago. You just can't let up a fifty six yard kick off return. And we consider and argue all day whether or not they should have kicked off to them, But still you just how about again, ideally, just don't let them get just six yards? And you know, it's interesting, so infuriate.
Speaker 10: When the Gophers tied the game against Michigan State a couple of weeks ago, they Michigan State took the lead.
Speaker 1: Michigan State then kicked off.
Speaker 10: They kicked it out of bounds and the Gophers got the ball at the thirty five yard line, and everyone said, well, thank god.
Speaker 1: Like that that was a big key.
Speaker 10: That was a big talking point after the game about what a mis stake Michigan State did well in the NFL with the rules, you kick it into the end zone, it's the thirty five yard line. I mean, your two passes away from from being in field goal range. Anyways, right, that's it's not the twice.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an extra twenty like it used to be back in the day. And when they when the previous.
Speaker 10: Kickoff, I don't remember, was it after the field goal whatever, the guy caught it a yard deep and it was a touchback. They get it at the thirty five the Bears and O'Connell was waiting for Riker to come off, like what the hell you doing? Like like, we're not we don't want them to start at the thirty five. So I think with the rules the way they are, but like, let's say, for just for the fun of it, he accidentally kicked it.
Speaker 1: Out of bounds.
Speaker 10: What we're he's saying, but can't give them the ball at the thirty five yard line exactly. So I don't think that. I think It was a perfect kick. He caught it at what the one where you want it, hung it up high, and you.
Speaker 1: Got to make a tackle and get them. Zach, your hand was up.
Speaker 7: As you said, you were people around you when you were there. They're saying they had they left them too much time. Who are these people and what were they doing around you?
Speaker 1: If you had to bet three months mortgage who those people were? Who would you guess? I mean not your family, that would be the last people I'd guess.
Speaker 7: You're off to a good start Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 10: No, No, no member of the family any no blood relation at all, nowhere near.
Speaker 7: Sure playing poker. Okay, that makes sense, right, that's great.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my gosh, Corey.
Speaker 2: Might have gotten some friends to watch the game.
Speaker 7: With, not multitasking playing cards and watching the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's plenty of TV's. The Vikings have three interceptions through ten games. That's why do I say this? Not enough? Yeah? And you know what, we can ask Ben Lieber when he gets here. But no, some of that is circumstance. Some of that's bad luck. Some of it's like how do you cause you don't get to generate interceptions? Right, that's the goal. We always hear defensive coordinators say, like, we're trying to strip the ball. We're trying to do this, We're trying to Some of it's just weird coincidence, but man, it gets weird when you're ten games in and that's the number that's really low, really low it is, and it's hard.
Speaker 10: You know, it's hard to win if you don't win the turnover battle. And when your quarterbacks strolling the interceptions at the rate the Vikings quarterback.
Speaker 7: Is right now, you better get some. And they had a bunch last year, right, that's kind of how they lived.
Speaker 1: Sacks an interception and of course, right like you just said, the opposite is the Chicago Bears. They are feasting on turnovers for the season. Now they have twenty two takeaways, just six giveaways. They have an NFL best plus sixteen man turnover margin, and you could argue that was the difference yesterday. The Vikings cleaned that up and they probably win that game. But man, the other buzzkilled too, And we haven't mentioned his name yet. Is our guy johnathink Grenard not playing. I think that trickle down effect was gigantic. He's obviously a beast. Yeah, but you only gave up nineteen points to the freaking Bears. They held in the field goals, right, that should be enough to win. It should it really should so even without Grenardist's not like the Bears put up forty on US nineteen. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And you know Caleb Williams, you know, wrestled out of a couple of sacks. But he was he was ordinary, like, he didn't he didn't do anything spectacular. I don't think he had two hundred yards passing, did he? I don't think so. One ninety three. Yeah, he also was sixteen of thirty two. Great, No, not even close to great. It's terrible, fifty percent terrible.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Vikings are at green Bay on Sunday. They are four and six. They're won and four at home. Sports Centers said, through five games, that's the worst start, tied for the warst start in team history. One and four at home for green Bay. No for the the Ikes. Oh of course, yeah, We've never apparently we've never gone zero to five at home to start the season, but one in four ist type for the worst start in franchise history. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I also thought so, you know, I've been to I think every home game this year, the last two Baltimore and this one. I thought those were two of the worst.
Speaker 10: Atmosphere, Like, the place was absolutely dead to start that game yesterday and it never never got better.
Speaker 1: And I'm not blaming I just I don't know if.
Speaker 10: Fans are worn out by the whole thing, if they're just in a wait and see mode. It was not loud at most any point of the day. I thought the same in the Baltimore game. Maybe maybe I'm off, but it just it's just like that home field edge that you used to like. This thing's been voted the loudest stadium or the second loudest stadium in the league by players, and that it had. It was just was not the case yesterday or the Baltimore game. And I don't know what do you think you think that? I mean, do you think the fans are just like waiting? Do you think, well, weren't they? I mean, it weren't out by the fact that Corey was at the Poker Palace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it. I was at the Poker Palace. And if I'm at if if I'm not at us Bank Stadium.
Speaker 2: The vibe is different.
Speaker 1: It is definitely different. But so through the TV coverage, I mean they were saying that McCarthy was catching some booze. Oh man so.
Speaker 2: Throwing and he was press scared.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think.
Speaker 7: The first time it was loud like it like it was. It wasn't like just a spattering of booze.
Speaker 1: It was it was they're not booming, They're saying.
Speaker 10: Bruisemer we talked about it after the game and he just said, you know, basically, our fans are great and they deserve better kind of an answer.
Speaker 2: So somebody ever said, yeah, they bowed me. Our fans are the worst.
Speaker 1: They suck.
Speaker 7: They don't care for the ones that boo I know there has been there have been examples of that. I think I'm trying to remember what NBA player it was.
Speaker 1: Was it Butler? That sounds like something to me. It wouldn't be shy about that.
Speaker 7: I don't think, yeah, yeah, we just went after the fans and like, all right, that sounds about right.
Speaker 11: You're the greatest fans in the world and they expect a lot more out of us, and rightfully so. And I feel like, you know, it's just a reminder to us that we better get going and we better figure this out and you know, obviously, you know, we don't got a whole lot of games left, so the urgency is at an all time high. But you know, we just got to be better for the fans, especially at home.
Speaker 2: But if you come out and said our fans are average at best, most of them are really cool. It's been real quiet and I like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Michigan fans are much much better and they're very supportive. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It Yeah, it just didn't seem even at the start of the game, it just didn't seem to have the umph that it normally does. And I think it's just been the last two games. So yeah, uh, we'll see if that changes. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't know. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: What's it like in Oregon, h Man, I was I had never been out there that state.
Speaker 10: You know, remember when when I got back from Kel, I said that that might be the most scenic stadium I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I showed you pictures.
Speaker 10: This is a Guardian and I talked about this Guardian actually talked about it.
Speaker 1: On the air.
Speaker 10: I think it's top five of just a setting is fifty four thousand people, so it's not very big. It kind of reminds me of Northwestern Stadium. It's a little bigger version of that. But man isn't allowed in there, you know, almost to the point it's so loud, you like, are they feeding you know, noise through the speakers?
Speaker 1: Because it was crazy. It was great.
Speaker 10: There's some foothill mountains I guess i'd call them. They're not you know, they're not Colorado looking mountains, but just off in the distance, the you know, the there's trees all over the place up there in the Northwest, and they're they're turning it Tellers country.
Speaker 1: It's big Foot.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, I mean Bigfoot was spotted in the north end zone at one point of the game, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Crazy Jack Linx he did he was eating a Jack Lynx beef strip.
Speaker 2: Does he Gopher fan?
Speaker 1: He he did not appear to be a Gopher fan. See John Lithgow there And I did not. I did not.
Speaker 10: But it was a great stadium, it was, and it was loud. The other thing that we noticed, you know, and it's not just at the Gopher Stadium or the Viking Stadium.
Speaker 7: Almost every stadium. When you're when you go into the breaks, right, the TV timeouts and what have you it's usually a commercial and then they introduced something that's sponsored by something and and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's fine, it helps pay the bills. They really had none of that.
Speaker 10: Every break they played a song and ran highlights from the game or highlights from the basketball team, and like at the bottom it would say just PEPSI or US Bank or yeah, and Nike. Probably why they can do it because Nike just keeps writing them checks. They don't need, you know, to run a lot of stuff there. But it was it almost catches you off guard because you're just used to such a pre produced deal and it was well done. But I and I think the Oregon people were just you know, uh, they just sit back, they watched the highlights, they sing along to the music, and there was I didn't even realize that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this.
Speaker 7: You know, they're new to the Big Ten and I'm mostly following the Big Ten. Obviously I've watched games at Oregon. But what's the song, Chris that where they they sing you know a little bit louder now, Oh yeah, it's the from Shout Shout.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So they do that between the third and fourth quarter, and it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Like the players do the deal.
Speaker 10: They go it all the way to the ground and it's really quiet, and then it goes loud and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, what the hell's happened here? I didn't know.
Speaker 10: Nothing about it? And that was that was pretty cool as well. They have not lost a home Now, this was obviously a conference game, and they're I think they've only lost one Big Ten game in two years at home, but they have not lost a non conference game at their place since two thousand and eight. Thirty seven straight non conference wins. Yes, you know, and they're not playing you know, tough teams every week in the non conference. But it's a hard place to win. They're fifty one and four, they're now fifty two and four with the win since twenty seventeen at home.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was cool. You didn't go see the Gooney's House? Is that there? Well, I mean it's in an Oregon It's in a story in Oregon. I wish I had known them. Well, I go to Oregon and not see go see the Goonies. Yeah, I should have done that.
Speaker 2: Did you go to the Nike store?
Speaker 1: I did not. I don't know how far is Beaverton from Eugene. I don't know, no no idea. I mean you were going somewhere there, weren't you.
Speaker 2: I was gonna make a comment about you got a veer left or right?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What really matters is next scores in stat's around the world of sports. Ben leabur in like ten minutes. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 2: This is splitting the road round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the Black Friday tradition. You do not want to miss. That's right.
Speaker 7: The Power Trip Morning Show will be live at Mall of America, bringing the initials game, tons of laughs, and your chance to score serious holiday cash. Be there at Huntington Bank Rotunda from seven to nine am on November twenty. Check out cafe dot com keyword calendar for all the details.
Speaker 1: Yes, that'll be the day the Power Trip turns twenty four, which means we have exactly one year left in the row zone. Yes, bitch yep one year and then il ck yucky yucky. Let's do what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between, Chris will change your life with something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got stuff, man. You know it's too bad that your boy Saucy's not here right now, Saucy, all right with Corey, because I'd like him to explain how bad Rock Pretty is today.
Speaker 1: He's terrible.
Speaker 2: You look damn good yesterday.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what else. Your boy Sam Donald through four interceptions and still almost won that game.
Speaker 1: Yep, but you know crazy he's had them. Did you see the g I don't know who the guy is. Did you see the guy from the the Seahawks stand up for Donald? It was awesome? Fernandola, Sure so. So Fernando v up there and basically says, you know, this is a football team. That's our quarterbacks. Sam's won us a ton of games this year. And I'm gonna paraphrase, but he basically said, so, if you've got something to say, go bleep yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, it's kind of awesome. He was like, Sam's the man, so we don't care.
Speaker 2: Interceptions and still almost got him in the hands on at the end of that game.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, you know we saw it here at the worst possible times. Last year. Sam was awesome for ninety five percent of the year, just didn't have it when it mattered the most against the Lions and then against the Rams. I mean, that's those are two bad games to not show up. But he's been unbelievable this year for the Seahawks. He's been in the MVP conversation for like a few months or two or whatever. This will probably temporarily take him out of that because they lost and he had a terrible game, and of course on the opposite side, Stafford won and he played well, So that probably widens the gap between the two of them.
Speaker 7: Even a little like it he's had even in his great games yesterday with the four, but he's had a couple other in there. In one of their losses, I forget who was he had a terrible interception at the end after throwing for like over three hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Just a ridiculous So far, though, there's no way Seattle should be complaining all he's been great. That's why Fernando VI's sticking up for him. Shout out to Fernando VI. We all need a friendly for noon. The Minnesota Wild one three to two against Vegas and overtime Ben Lieber, Good morning, Good morning, Carill with the overtime game winner from Zucarello or if meat Sauce was here, Zucarella and Boldie so those guys assist Carill puts it in the wild all of a sudden, Zachary red hot six one and one in their last eight, so six wins in their last eight games. They host Carolina Wednesday. They are now nine seven and four. Yeah, they talked a.
Speaker 7: Lot about kind of leaving October in the rearview mirror and something about that calendar flip flipped something in that locker room, and they had of course that the players only meeting that Jared Spurgeon led and it seemed to have work because I think they were what like three six and three and that that only if and and now they have really found something and there's actually some momentum here in the season. So another big game Wednesday night here on the fan before they head back out in the road. But it's been a much successful, much more successful homestand than their previous well.
Speaker 1: And lost in the shuffle because it was gust last night. Do we have a budding superstar? And yes, Pervoalstad or what's the doll of Saint Paul? My god, Yeah, he's been.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 7: But is it?
Speaker 1: So here's not not to nitpick what It's not in my nature to nitpick. If it's pronounced Volstead. Can we call him the Wall? Can we call him Valdemort? We can call him whenever we want, all the Paul val the call of St. Paul.
Speaker 2: Hi. Man, I went to not a players only being. I went to a far was only meeting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how'd that go?
Speaker 2: I didn't guess?
Speaker 1: M M, yeah, you don't have to mean. Was John Deer there he was? Yep?
Speaker 2: And International Harvesters Ferguson, yep.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Who in the sweet hell is Massy Ferguson.
Speaker 2: It's a brand, Yeah, it's a brand.
Speaker 1: You can tell. I've never spent one day doing hard manual labors.
Speaker 2: Was he there?
Speaker 1: What the hell is happening?
Speaker 2: That's another making What really matters, though, is this I said, the thinking about farmers only. That didn't count. No, I got to come up with another one. I'm sorry. I was too busy looking at the latest deals from Walmart dot com for Christmas Friday. Man we ago, Oh yeah, I need new I need a new vacuum. My my I robot thing is it's handed in its resignation?
Speaker 1: Does work enough? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, it says I can't handle all this cat here And what I hope is cat here talk into a vacuum therapist. The things I've seen, the Sphere has added some some new residencies coming up. A legendary band is set to make to break a Sphere Las Vegas record with fifty six total residencies performed by twenty twenty six. That's right, The Eagles final twenty twenty six shows at the Sphere will go on sell November twenty. First, they will run, i should say, march out the rest of their run. If you miss them and you are looking forward to seeing them before it's all over, ladies and gentlemen, you still have a chance. As the Sphere continues to announce shows, did you guys see the video from John Kriesel going to see the Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 1: And he made it sound over text, He made it sound like it was worth leapenny h He said it's one of the most immersive things he's ever been a part of. It said, he said, you feel like you're in the freaking movie. So beforehand and we've heard nothing but good things about this Wizard of Oz experience at this Sphere, But like man, I don't know if I can do three hundred dollars a ticket to see him. What it is something like that. He says, it's worth every change. I talked to somebody like two days ago the same thing.
Speaker 2: They had a video and it was Tony, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It was Tony. Tony and I are tight. I wonder what noises he made when he's he liked it. He loved it, he really did. Ory's throwing up. I can't tell same. Well, that's same thing.
Speaker 2: That's how he shows us.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a twister.
Speaker 2: You gotta be careful right you get pregnant Maxwell.
Speaker 1: The Wolves lost Saturday one, twenty three, one twelve to Denver Snap in a four game win streak. They host Cooper Flag in Dallas tonight at seven o'clock Dallas one last night behind Cooper Flag's twenty one points. But uh, they took care of business on Friday night again for the Old NBA Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's it's just tough because pretty much most of their losses the season have been against the upper echelon of the NBA, whether it be the the Knicks or the Nuggets earlier this season, and the Lakers as well, So that's not a good sign. But at least they're taking care of business against lesser opponents, and so far this season the Mavericks have been a lesser opponent.
Speaker 1: Ye film, that sin of a bitch, get it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack in there.
Speaker 1: Well, what really matters is this?
Speaker 2: You should just quit NBA right now and give the trophy to Wembyana, I had dinner there on Saturday night to get shot.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a news joke. You what's his name, Victor whatever?
Speaker 2: That guy's That guy's different.
Speaker 1: He's awesome, he's amazing. Rosie would not trade Anthony Edwards for Wemby. He's the only one. And we all love ann You can still love ant and say, well, yeah, I'd swap him for Wemby. Bonus doesn't think he'd be a good fit.
Speaker 2: No, well, Lavelle wouldn't vote for him. I'm just trying to think of another.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Boo Boo craze it's over.
Speaker 1: No, it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's hitting creators.
Speaker 1: Yep, No, that's right.
Speaker 2: Sony Pictures has acquired the screen rights to the Plush Toy and is an early development of a feature film. Yeah. The deal, first reported by Hollywood which makes sense, was signed this week between the Chinese toy makers and Sony Pictures. No producer or filmmaker is attached, but m Night Shyamalan, Come on, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: No, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: I see fluffy creatures. They're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Ye, they're overpriced and most of them are knockoffs.
Speaker 2: I still don't know that I have gazed upon them.
Speaker 12: Uh you know what, Yeah, I bet you saw them in when we were over in Europe and you didn't know it. A bunch of Vikings players had them on their backpacks.
Speaker 1: They look like the Where the Wild Things Are? If you've ever seen them?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no kidding, yeah yeah, yeah, oh right, yeah. So I saw them and didn't know that's what they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I thought the same thing. I was in Japan and I was like, Wow, they really like Where the Wild Things Are? That's awesome. I didn't know what translated over sweet, And then I was like, oh, these are what bobos are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everywhere. Yeah, yeah, you made them all different sizes.
Speaker 12: But I'm guessing that those some of those guys are wearing them because their kids got them, or the kids got.
Speaker 1: Them for them or something, right, right, all right, what trend ends first six seven or the boo boost?
Speaker 12: I hope six six seven, it's I think it's already starting to die.
Speaker 2: Bit Dinosa on the Prep this morning, where the teachers at some school were handing out parking or handing out tickets, like speeding tickets to any kid who says six evens that doesn't play a bit.
Speaker 1: But then there was a clip from what I don't know, three four days ago, there was a women's basketball game, and it was there was a whole bunch of kids in the standard I don't know, you know, if it was one of those camp day kind of things, and the team was up by like twenty, but the second free throw from this gal gave that team sixty seven points and the crowd went absolutely nuts. Yeah, they cheered like they had just won the game. They were up twenty. I like it, you know what, It's okay, Yeah, that part's fun. I think those situations, you know, or is it? And we just don't know. I don't know almost everything.
Speaker 2: I don't believe there's any hatred involved.
Speaker 1: Just don't get Yeah, it'd be different if it was like S S. Yeah, I'm for that. Here's here's the way. It might be racist. What if the original vote on the thirteen colonies for slavery was six to seven and it was close. What's this vote? Are we doing slavery in six seven? Close?
Speaker 8: Damn?
Speaker 1: It was thirteen?
Speaker 2: Oh well.
Speaker 7: History six plus seven equals? What's that thirteen and the thirteenth Amendment?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It might be anti racist? My god, look what you just did? Yes, bitch? Who are we in the illuminati?
Speaker 4: Were?
Speaker 1: We're making some codes here? I feel like cumber bats? What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: I just nice your cumber batches hang out.
Speaker 5: Loud.
Speaker 1: You gotta clean the cumber bat it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: What is this?
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 1: More of what really matters? After this, when we talked to Ben Leeber about the Minnesota Vikings and JJ McCarthy and defending kickoffs and blah blah blah blah blah. More with Ben and Mike Graham after this on the fan, Hey, Rubes.
Speaker 7: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one camp and listener each week one.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars to pay choice.
Speaker 7: Just head over to campan dot com you were contests to learn more and enter today.
Speaker 1: That's cafean dot com. Heward Contests here's your head coach.
Speaker 2: Oh the Vikings Kevin o.
Speaker 4: Coomin thing being the turnovers and got to take a look at them, obviously, But I was proud of the way we ran the ball, you know, tried.
Speaker 1: To stick with it as much as we could.
Speaker 4: Ended up with a couple of two minute drives there where we had to go and maybe became one dimensional. But for the most part, the guys up front felt like we protected I think we had we limited the negatives. For the most part, we just felt like we were a play away all day.
Speaker 1: Hey Ben on the takeoff return that went fifty six yards and put the Bears in Phosi, you know, win the game. Yeah, you can go ahead and name names if you want. How many players do you believe screwed up on that? How many were in the wrong spot, how many didn't do their job?
Speaker 12: I got to be honest. I have not watched the play back since the since I watched it live.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Sometimes it's one guy. Sometimes sometimes it's just one guy that's out of his lane and you hit it with the right timing and it's.
Speaker 1: Out the gate.
Speaker 12: So I for sure will watch it again, and probably not publicly out anybody. I will definitely give you my two cents behind the scenes and who I think was out of their lanes.
Speaker 1: But you're completely cool with them kicking off, not kicking it out of the end zone and just touched back thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 12: I think that's the whole thing with this, with the new kickoff rule, is that they are they are penalizing you and punishing you for kicking the ball out of bounds. I mean, it's your You're incentivized to kick the ball and have it be returned and by and larger kickoff return or a kick. Coverage has been pretty good, so I don't have a problem with them kicking the ball and like having a returnable kickoff. It's it's just you can't you can't have multiple failures or you know, even a single failure in that situation. They capitalize on it. So it's one of those super super unfortunate things. And look, I mean again, it's just two weeks in a row where I don't think that the team that we're playing is the more superior team. It's it's more about us making mistakes and and playing sloppy football.
Speaker 1: And now we didn't have the pre snat penalties this game.
Speaker 12: But as you guys already alluded to, our quarterback was not good and we had a bunch of drops by receivers. You even just take away some of those drops in those situations and some of those errant passes, And I don't think this game's all that close. I think it's at least a two score victory for us, and we're not in this situation. So I think that is That is the frustrating part. But again that is the optimistic part about this whole thing too. It's like, man, you just you get a quarterback to settle down in the first three quarters, and I know it's a lot easier so than done, and we're a way different football team. And he threw that that first drop that Addison had over them, Yeah right, I mean that that ball couldn't have been put in.
Speaker 1: That's a great ball. I mean, the Hawkins drop was writing his bread basket, like you can't drop that. When Jets had one that he dropped, like at least one that he dropped, they just weren't helping him out when he was accurate, and that wasn't super frequent either. Yeah, Aaron Jones had a check down too.
Speaker 12: That was probably right at the sticks that he goes right through his right through the numbers, and there was a defender there. But again you don't know like Adam on a third down, Yeah, Addison had two yikes.
Speaker 1: Got to help the kid out. He's struggling anyway, got tout. That's the thing.
Speaker 12: Like, it is a tough thing to subconsciously tell these guys you have to play perfect for him.
Speaker 8: You have to.
Speaker 1: You've got to make every single catch, even the contested catches. You've got to fight for it.
Speaker 12: Because this he he needs as much confidence, as much game flow as possible, and you got to help him out in those situations. And I get it, man, like guys are allowed to make mistakes, but in this situation with a young quarterback that's trying to feel you know, just figure it out. You've got to sit down collectively as a receiver group and say, like, guys, we can't have these like you got to catch everything.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's do what really matters. But then we'll bounce back and forth between vikings, questions and points and stuff. It's nonsense, that's what we do, right, Yeah, sure, this is nonsense.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this all right, cool. National Food Days are great.
Speaker 1: You know what do we got today?
Speaker 9: Say?
Speaker 13: We are celebrating butter, the ingredient that makes everything better because it comes from cream. According to the Dairy Council, the average American eats two sticks per month. We've been spreading it on stuff for over nine thousand years. These two sticks per month, we've been Spairy Council, The average American eats two sticks per month.
Speaker 2: Are you guys aboudy eating sticks of butter?
Speaker 1: Did she just say to nine thousand years we've been using butter? I think she said. I believe.
Speaker 13: I think we are celebrating butter, the ingredient that makes everything better because it comes from cream. According to the Dairy Council, the average American eats two sticks per month. We've been spreading it on stuff for over nine thousand years. It's been used as currency, even medicine, and people go to great lengths sculpting it. To celebrate today, Super easy, Please pass the butter.
Speaker 2: I'm pre tennis. No I went to Moris dead and tried to buy a new car with a bunch of butter. Doesn't work as currency anymore, No, not anymore, No, nope, I took some marsh bread spreading the wrong places though I've been wrong.
Speaker 1: Was it salted or unsulted?
Speaker 2: It was both.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work for medicine either. I've been trying it on my psoriasis and it's not curing anything. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: It does work as a laxative and a moisturizer and a lubricant. Yeah, I love butter Oh my.
Speaker 1: It also, if you've seen the movie Muppets Take Manhattan, it also works as ice skates.
Speaker 2: Just me, that makes sense though I saw that, but I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Rizzo goes the rat. He goes like they like they go up skating on like the grille and they're using like pieces of butter.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: It's just genius. Yes, I mean that movie had it all. They thought of everything. They really did better. Like, we've been using this stuff for nine thousand years and not once has have we filmed a rat skate gnide. What are we waiting for? That's that was got it brilliant. I mean, that's got to be the scene, that one on the Academy, Yeah, Warrior, that was probably the deal breaker.
Speaker 12: Yeah, in all seriousness, we last week on our shows, the last week or two weeks on a show there's we we actually you can make butter at home, right, I mean we all kind of knew that. I mean that we've been churning butter, you know for nine thousand years. I didn't realize how easy it was to make it at home. You can make your own butter in about ten minutes. Had no idea, it's just what you do.
Speaker 9: How do you do it?
Speaker 1: You basically just whip heavy cream in a in a you know, like one of.
Speaker 12: Mixed was mixing the automatic missing mixing bowls, and you just keep going and going and going and going and going until it actually like formed, like coagulates, and then you get like the way that comes out on top, and then you basically take it out and you squeeze all the moisture out of it, and then you can flavor it with whatever you want, salt, rosemary, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: It sounds just rather set myself on fire.
Speaker 1: It takes like ten minutes whiplavor.
Speaker 2: Moisture.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: I can get to target in five. So if I can get to target, it's going to be a slightly faster to do it yourself.
Speaker 12: Slightly fast, slightly fast things you can flavor it anyway that you want.
Speaker 1: But at some point but right, yeah, so you'd have to be a target. Will just buy the damned butter. Right, unless you can make your own cream, which means you're probably just milking your own cot. And I don't have one.
Speaker 2: Unless the meteor hits, I ain't making nothing.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, there is not much better than nice hot melted butter over popcorn, all right, relax, Ben, the trickle down effect.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Jonathan Grenard Obviously, again, it looked really bad last week, but then they told us that he avoided major shoulder you know, injury or whatever. But he didn't play yesterday, so it obviously is not serious. But it's serious enough to miss a game against the Bears. But again, we mentioned this earlier. Maybe you were listening. They gave up nineteen points to the Bears without him. That's that's not bad. That's winning football. It's winning football. So what did you see in the defense though? Without him there? That trickled down? I thought the.
Speaker 12: Defense played really well. I mean, I thought Dallas Turner played well. The thing is, it looked like that the approach was we're not going to try to have a bunch of drive buys.
Speaker 1: It was very much a controlled rush.
Speaker 12: It was, you know, try to push the pocket as much as possible, but don't get sucked up by the offensive lineman. They tried to just like go right down the middle, use good extension, just good separation. That way they can play off the block. But it wasn't like these speed rushes around the edge and forcing him early, you know, to weave around the pocket. It was very controlled and I think it kind of plays into what Dallas does best anyway. I mean, he's not He's not a twitched up speed rush type of guy. So for this game, it was actually probably you know, it was it was okay that we didn't have Grenard in there, and I think with the run blitzes that we had because we called a bunch of early down run blitzes off the edge with our corners and stuff, you know, we got the run support that we needed that he normally gives us. So you know, I guess for a game a game to miss to get his shoulder right. The defense stepped up and played well without him. Cashman had fifteen tackles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was he was baller. What really matters, though, is this, It.
Speaker 2: Is frustrating when people have a just a chance to break call Williams in half and he spends and he goes on I can't. I hate it, but it's pretty incredible. Man. Yeah, I do hate it thoughugh makes me want to cry.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I forget who I was talking to yesterday and they're like, man, I can't. He's like, listen, brothers, I saw I saw game and board. That's a big mother so ghost talk you need to get checked out.
Speaker 1: But he's dead. So so yeah, I think people are shocked about how how big the guy is.
Speaker 12: Like he's he's a stocky, thick player and you know it's you know, with that escapability and that athleticism, he is hard to bring down.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 1: That's right, brother, You're claim to fame right there, Corey. You know that's it. That's all you got. That's why I'm going to go into the Radio Hall of Fame one day. Is no one in the Twin Cities has hit this button more than me. That's a huge bitch. It's going to be most of my.
Speaker 2: Exception says that is it Sandler.
Speaker 7: That does not sound like her was rawlings Henry Rollins, the guy that sings Liar from the Henry Rollins band.
Speaker 1: Doing Okay, that makes sense football, I know who that is. You would recognize him. Maybe he's a comedian. But yeah, and again the voice was off screen, but that was apparently who screamed it? Where did you find that? That's from the movie Douce Bigelow.
Speaker 2: Which is one of the top five movies of all time.
Speaker 1: Rob Schneider's walking down the street with this gal who's so tall that she's out of the frame and people are just yelling like big Foot and like they're yelling stuff, and then the last one is just this huge bit the whole time. Yeah, it is hilarious. The lady that has anarkalyps and she's bowling, isn't that Amy Polar?
Speaker 2: I think it's she has she had the cussing disease Tourette's touretts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that's a polar one. Yeah, one of them, one of them. Couple so good. I made a mistake. Did you stay steak?
Speaker 2: That's a great great It was on this date, Ladies and gentlemen. In nineteen sixty eight, the Heidi game happened. You guys, remember what on Hiding game? That's right, Jackson somebody Jackson the Raiders, that's right. The contest, held on November seventeen, nineteen, SI Gate, was notable for its exciting finish, in which Oakland scored two touchdowns from the final minutes to win the game. But NBC, the games television broadcaster, decided to break away from its coverage on the East Coast to broadcast the television film Heidi, which pissed a lot of people off, especially gamblers.
Speaker 1: I would guess would never ever could imagine. No, But back in the day, it's like, this game's over. I mean, they don't want Heidi.
Speaker 10: There's like a tornado directly headed towards you, and they interrupt a game when people get mad, right, I mean think about the you.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh my god, I'm watching Wheel and Channel four breaking with severe weather. I want to throw a brick through a window.
Speaker 2: Somebody better be dead.
Speaker 1: Actually, we all have phones, notify them on I'm watching Wheel. Yeah, and then it screws up the DVR because the DVRs got the severe I CA's not like I can just go I' just goin it. No, damn it. Don't mess with Wheel.
Speaker 10: Just got to cut away from the game. In the late fourth quarter to play Heidi Man never again, how long.
Speaker 2: Ago nineteen sixty eight, and the game had an influence on sports broadcasting practices. The future National Football League would contractually stipulate that all game telecasts should be shown to their conclusion in the markets of the visiting team. Well, other major leagues and events adopted similar mandates.
Speaker 1: You got to show the end of the game, yeah, and then you can yeah yeah, then you can just start sixteen minutes late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can watch that a filthy animal, Heidi get down with whoever she was.
Speaker 1: I saw a different version than you did, oh, JJ McCarthy. Sixteen of thirty two, one hundred and fifty yards, one touchdown. It happened to be the one that was imporarily going to be the game winner until the kickoff two interceptions could have been more forty seven point seven passing rating Ben Lieber. The highs and the lows. We're five games in now, of JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 12: Your thoughts, uh, not great. It's not great. That's the reality of it, though, And that's you know what, that's not where we wanted the rookie to be. I mean, I think we all expect I mean, I don't know about you guys. But I expected there to be some rough waters. I just didn't expect to be such wildly inconsistent. You know. It's it's fine to be inconsistent, to have a bad game here and there, have a bad throw here and there. But it's you know, I love his clutch gene. I love his two minute gene. That's great. I mean, that's that's some of those those unteachable moments. Either have it or you don't, but it's it's everything in between. Is accuracy teachable? Yes, especially when I especially when I feel like his accuracy issues are a.
Speaker 1: It's a.
Speaker 12: It's almost like I'm trying to think of the right It's not a personality thing. It's like he gets it's like he's too amped up, jumpy or something. He's too Yeah, he's too jumpy. More well, that's well, that the thing is like that kind of gives us a clue into his own his own personality. I think he knows that his brain goes one thousand miles an hour, so he's learned that, like listen, for me to play, well, I have to like meditate. I have to bring down my my brain waves to a point where I can process more in time and not be so jumpy. So that's clearly why I think why he does that practice before the game somehow, some way, Whether he needs to do some you know, two minute meditations on the sideline between drives, like he needs to just calm down and.
Speaker 1: And not and not think so much. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I think it's all correctable. I think it's teachable. He clearly did it at Michigan, so I think it's all there. It's just he just needs reps. He needs game reps. He needs to understand that, Yeah, when you step up with the pocket and you're in your hyper processing and you know that you have to get the ball out quick, just stay within the stay within the flow, like, just be smooth with it, deliver the ball where it needs to go, and you're you're cool, even if you're going to take a hit.
Speaker 1: You know, if if this thing goes really south, let's hope it doesn't. If this thing goes really really south, what sucks the most is the like the meditating and the turning into nine and all that stuff. If this goes really south and he's an absolute bus, let's hope he's not. In ten or fifteen years, this will be part of Viking's lore, right, Like the next young quarterback is like, oh god, we need this guy to turn into nine again. You know what I'm saying. Like it becomes a punchline if it doesn't work. It's like if you use the TB twelve method, Well, yeah, if you're Tom Brady, anything you do looks like it's excellent. It's like that process is nuts, but sure it works for you. If this works for him and he's a it's we've turned it into a punchline. If he turns into a Hall of Famer, then it's like, God, I should start meditating too. I should have an alter ego, I need a nickname.
Speaker 12: I know it's It's difficult though, because think about your own your own life where for so many years, every year playing football and competitive sports to the up to this year, that mentality has proven him right for him, it's worked for him, and so now you're like, hey man, could you be a little bit more like Sam Darnold, be a little more of a stoic.
Speaker 1: Well that's hard to do in real time when it's you. Yeah, it's not you.
Speaker 12: It's third and seven. I got I got to step up of the pocket and make a player. I gotta scramble outside and I gotta deliver the ball on time. Like in those moments, it's hard to be like, oh, I gotta go woo saw wu saw.
Speaker 1: I gotta like calm down.
Speaker 12: You know, like it's I think that's why it's just going to take a lot of lot more repetitions for him than maybe some other rookiees.
Speaker 1: Like Wisconsin. Yeah, no, I don't care what you mention about. I thought you meant wuha. I thought you were just singing Bust of Rhymes songs.
Speaker 2: Keep your Yallo checks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's one of the all time bangers. I freaking love that song. It's so fun. A Slammer Fronts Bust is not dead. No, No, you're thinking of like ninety other people a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're thinking of.
Speaker 1: Like d m X or like old Dirty Bashard that we referenced last week. Buster Bus is still here. No, he's still here, all right. The news is next more with a Bend Leaver and Mike grim This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the fin