Speaker 1: Super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Fight a good guys, boys.
Speaker 4: It is the twentieth day of May twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Patrick Morning Show, a wild Wednesday without the wild first time in a while. Huh, we've got all. We've got Parker coming a little bit later. But other than that, it's just a Patrick of Morning Show regulars. The core, the core of us, the Apple Core, the Rotten Corra Bite, the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, eh, gross, So I way to start the morning. Here's Dustin Nickerson Patrick Morning Show Comedy on a Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 5: I put on Looney Tunes for my kids recently. That show is not aged. Well all right, honey, let's meet this cast the characters.
Speaker 1: First off, we have a pig.
Speaker 5: His name's Porky, and his thing is he has the speech you pediment. Okay, you don't like that, we'll check it out. There's this mouse and he's Mexican. She goes, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: How's that funny going? How's that not funny?
Speaker 5: You heard what I said, right? Mexican mouse? Okay, you don't like that we'll check it out. There's this skunk, she goes, what's he doing? He holds women against their will? Yeah, they're trying it away, but be won't let them. A and all the other characters, what they're doing is they're trying to kill one another. You know how in your shows they're all friends. They're not a these one. They're trying to murder one another. There's this coyote who wants to kill this bird. There's this cat who wants to kill this other bird. Both that cat and that bird also have speech imediments.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you don't like any of that, here comes the headliner, the main character.
Speaker 5: You're ready see there's this bunny, and there's this hunter who you guessed it also the speech amen. And this hunter wants to kill the buddy, except from when the buddy puts on women's clothes, and now he does not want to kill the buddy. No, he is sexually attracted.
Speaker 1: To the bunny. You want to turn on Bluie and learn about empathy. Okay, let's do that.
Speaker 4: You last, you get a look to the home, I.
Speaker 1: See him feet us on your side.
Speaker 2: You here the distance unders this and you stray, all.
Speaker 1: Right, it is Wednesday, May twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: Is the Power to a morning show? I'm Corey, that's Chris, that's Paul, there's Zach.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hello over there? Hello, Hello, hello there?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello. How are you look at you?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: Good? How are you great?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: That's good? Yeah, man, Padre's hat. You're back on the Padres bandwagon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But no, yeah, how are they doing well? I have no idea. It's the first hat I phone when I got up.
Speaker 4: Didn't we talk about the mystery with somebody who wasn't Ben?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Was it those Tuesday?
Speaker 1: No, it was Max.
Speaker 4: We talked about the Padres with somebody we did? Yeah, it must have been Monday with Ben. I know the days I'll run together, you know.
Speaker 8: I think he talked about how when he was in San Diego he did charity work with like the fire department.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah that.
Speaker 4: Did you hear the comedian Corey?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's great. Yeah, that's not wrong. Yeah, very clever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. And he dresses like a woman and now he doesn't know whether he wants to shoot him or have sex with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's so good and so true.
Speaker 6: It's still mount Rushmore cartoon.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest ever.
Speaker 1: It might be the best ever.
Speaker 6: It's a way up there if you don't count like Simpson, South Park Family, Guy Beaves and like adult If you take adult cartoons out and you say kids cartoons, it's probably number one.
Speaker 1: What has to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like but but you do, like I wonder if they've ever done some sort of some sort of a study like where they looked at the scenarios going on inside that cartoon and said, all right, who were the people right? What were what were their mindsets that they they said, Okay, we're gonna dress this money as a woman. Now the Hunters decide he wants to have sex with the.
Speaker 1: Sure, but you know, like who.
Speaker 4: Does that at a kids show?
Speaker 6: Or like we've always joked about for years the Pepula pu factor, right, Like he referenced who thought that the main plot line of Pepula Pew's entire story arc?
Speaker 1: Right, every episode was.
Speaker 6: Putting out the skunk scent, so they essentially got hypnotized so he could take advantage of that.
Speaker 8: That was every episode that didn't happen once. Yeah, that was every time he appeared on screen.
Speaker 4: It's like one everyone like the cartoonist came back from World War Two after meeting some frenchmen and did not like them, and understandably, you know, had some things wrong, but he said, you know what, here's the thing, here's what, here's how French.
Speaker 1: People are, right.
Speaker 6: Or maybe he loved French women but got constantly rejected and thought, well, I wonder how I could have hypnotized French women so I could just do whatever I want?
Speaker 1: And then what if I was a skunk?
Speaker 4: What in the hell did he do? What did he do? In Mexico?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but Speedy Gonzalez again was like the hero of all heroes. I mean, slow polk Rodriguez caught strays, he cut every stereotype straight on the planet, but think all of them.
Speaker 1: But Speedy Gonzalez was the opposite. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He was the fastest mouse in all Mexico. Yeah right, you know what I'm saying. No one was faster than Speedy.
Speaker 4: It's like, I mean, it's kind of like I wonder if the guy like looked around at his family tree and was like, hmm, yeah, I have a well, I have a lectrous, sexually abusive uncle. That's pepula pew. I have a very lazy cousin, that slow poke Rodriguez. I have a guy we're pretty sure it's getting on with fire mantles, right, that's Elmer Fudd. And again they all have speech impediments. What's that all about? D Why was that funny to that guy?
Speaker 1: It didn't? Did melt blank voice? All of them? Almost?
Speaker 4: I think maybe all of them?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: So, I don't know, man, brilliant brilliant stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, really good.
Speaker 4: I just and I remember a few of them. The weird ones, like the ones that stick out the most to me are the ones like We're the Wiley Kyrie. I think it's only the one where he speaks to the camera like he breaks down the third wall.
Speaker 1: And he sounds like sciences extremely smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And there isn't there one where the kids says, don't you wish that speedy would that Wiley would catch speedy ones?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Remember that?
Speaker 1: Ye O?
Speaker 4: Man, there's some stuff going on inside there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there's no doubt Foghorn. Leghorn is a racist, terrible I mean, yeah.
Speaker 4: And no offense. What about Yosemite, Sam.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he cares much for minorities either. M I don't know how did we not all end up being racist sexual predators?
Speaker 1: Or did we all of us? I'm learning out things.
Speaker 4: I'm learning all kinds of things about myself I don't like right now, Oh kind, I don't know who the hell am I? You know what's better than that, though? Just go to the casino and forget it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, the noises, you forget, the lights, they'll make you forget. Yeah, we'll be there a week from tomorrow, round resort and casino.
Speaker 4: Remember, not remember anything?
Speaker 1: Hawk can I have to leave at nine oh one to get there?
Speaker 4: Well, I wish I could. I'll be with h I'm gonna be with Johnny Crease. Oh where aut in Alexandria at at an event for mental health? You know it's Mental Health Awareness months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna hit the highway and drive as quickly as I can. Try not to stop at other casinos on the way to that casino. Hell yeah, it's a long drive just to forget my problems. Yep, Yeah, I think I need nutrients.
Speaker 1: I definitely do.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Did you hear?
Speaker 4: I have all these leftover stories from time to time? You know that I don't get to What about the guy accused of abandoning several exotic snakes while fleeing police on Hollywood Boulevard. I'll take what that's a way to get away from me. If I'm a police officer, Yeah, i'd say throw a copperheaded me and you win. We'll stop the search. Yeah. Yeah, the large stakes were safely recovered and returned to that boy's a harrow.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. What a great movie.
Speaker 4: What a great movie. Pee wee herman. Let's talk about him for a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He lives with a bunch of of things that talk to him. He's obviously high on something. Yeah, he's for sure high on He talks like a kiddy, dresses like a kid, has clothed offit him. He wears makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hammers himself in theaters.
Speaker 4: Well that's real life, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let the man live. He's dead, now, let him alive.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, no, I have to interrupt you. Here's the thing. You allowed them to have a beat off theater, and you don't think people are gonna.
Speaker 1: Beat off there. Yeah, everybody go in there just to get an erection.
Speaker 4: I can get one of those anywhere. Yeah, I'm learning things about myself, Corey, and not all of them are pleasant.
Speaker 1: He wasn't there to watch problem child. He was there to hammer himself.
Speaker 4: They got he wasn't watching a problem child.
Speaker 1: Well played.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, there's these dudes that pop up on my Instagram once in all, I'm brilliant. My guess is Zach might even follow these guys because a couple of the dudes are good looking dudes.
Speaker 1: But they're like brothers that play all these games, and I'm like, why do I?
Speaker 6: And then every time again, every time I engage, I'm like, man, I'm just telling the algorithm that I like these guys more than I really do. They're fine, but whatever. Anyway, it's like three or four brothers that play these random games. Well, one of them is m i A because he was walking around, walking around got bit by a rattlesnake and uh so he's been in the hospital for like days and they showed photo of his leg and his foot and it's.
Speaker 1: Still twice the size of a normal foot. In the entire lower leg is bruised.
Speaker 6: And Nick they're giving updates he might have to have like a second round of Anti VANDAM and I'm like, man, I was just watching these guys because they were playing Wavelength. Yeah, and now Dry gets bit by a rattlesnake. Man, oh man, what if he would have died for sure? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hideous.
Speaker 4: There must be that moment right where you're like, I might die right now, Yeah, being bitten by rattlesnake. I might be dying right now.
Speaker 1: It might be over. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And one of the one of the dudes for one of the updates was like, yeah, they said the resort, it was the first time in over a decade somebody's been bit by a rattlesnake. I'm like, how about never go to that resort? Even if it's been ten years, that's ten years too soon. And now that's two in the last eleven years.
Speaker 4: I have a friend which threw that, who lives in Florida, and I guess it's probably been a month ago now it was mating season, I guess for Snaky's and she couldn't leave her house and she had to be careful going into garage because there were so many snakes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Florida is Jurassic Parks. Yeah, why would anyone live there? Yeah, I mean there's dinosaurs. Yeah, and it's surrounded by great white sharks. So by land or by sea, you're and by air because the hurricanes will get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah they will. There's nowhere to hide, nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, Thanks Martha Vandella.
Speaker 6: They have iguana's falling from the sky, snakes and alligators all over the roads, swamps, lakes everywhere. And you're like, oh, man, I'm just gonna run into the ocean and hide from the gators. Well, now you're eaten by a great white cheffy.
Speaker 4: Get eaten by shark.
Speaker 1: Now what a hell hole.
Speaker 4: It's It's unbelievable. That's why Minnesota works.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm make sure we got some things will kill you.
Speaker 1: You got a once in a while, a tornado you got to deal with once in a while. The blizzard.
Speaker 4: I from my hear, you just fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Just stay indoors. Man, it's it gets cold for about four months. Yesterday, yesterday, Yeah, my testicles off here. Oh I'm sorry. Oh you're no use to my dad anymore.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I'd be better for humanity. I think.
Speaker 1: I think if your balls all of a sudden we're gone, I think a lot of more people would.
Speaker 4: I'd be like the scarecrow after I got my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like, oh wow, break it, breaking down ice trying how clear you come smart?
Speaker 4: Said clear. By the way, Minnesota has done it, We've we've vanned prediction markets.
Speaker 1: Ye, guess first is it.
Speaker 4: We're the first state to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we don't allow gambling, m right or do we?
Speaker 6: No, we don't, or do we? There's there's a lot of gray area. Look, I I have a lot of really friends to gamble right professionally. Yeah, there's no one stopping them, right, it's just not policed. Everyone I know is playing online poker, they're doing online gambling, they're doing online betting. Just they're just not enforcing it. It's the gray area of like, look, we know every other state's doing this. We're going to not track every individual person that's betting. We're not tracking them down. All my friends are playing online poker, every single one of them, all of.
Speaker 4: Them, every one of them. It's a good question that sometimes you're in tournaments with people who are playing another tournament. Sure, well that is a problem. Honestly, I'm saying this, like I said, it's like masturbating while having sex. I don't understand. How many holes do you have, lady, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, that's uh, I.
Speaker 4: Don't get it. Let me Let me go back to pee wee Herman for a moment too, while we're talking about this kind of thing. Is every X rated film theater just a sting? Because what else do they expect?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: It should either be legal again, maybe this is a great area think. Maybe this is the one day they said, hey, is this technically illegal? Well yeah, but look everybody knows what happened in the theater, so nobody's walking in there without knowing that, so we just leave it alone. Maybe that was just the one day they're like, I don't know, man, I've had enough. Can we just go bus people?
Speaker 8: And then they walked in and there's twelve perverts and one of them was was pee wee Herman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just wrong place, wrong time.
Speaker 4: Maybe there was an unridden rule where you have to clean up after yourself and he just wouldn't do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe they that was like the eighth time that week that they're like, all right, pee wee, we're gonna have to call the police.
Speaker 1: What if they got mad because that was the like you didn't pay for his sour patch. Casey, wait you I guess, yeah, you'd want to snack after you got done hammer in it.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say snowcaps, but I was worried that was going to sound like a euphemism. And the pretty much yeah, and like the target dollar, I basically movie theater candies before you go to the movie theater.
Speaker 4: That guy keeps asking us to put on Problem Child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we should.
Speaker 8: He just loves John Ritter. Yeah, call the feds. It's Michael Richards is the bow tie Killer. Yeah, pew, we needs help.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's what he's given it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well lrip yeah, peace, you don't need help with your gutters.
Speaker 8: I do not gutter heelmet MN dot com. Never your gutters again, go to gutter heelmet MN dot com.
Speaker 6: All right, Parker Fox, about seven o'clock, we'll do more of the power Trip morning, Jill right after this.
Speaker 1: I'm a man.
Speaker 4: Capital one offers no fees or minimums on checking accounts, and most Capital one cafes are open seven days a week to assist with your shows.
Speaker 9: To the ledge Amphitheater this year, Jim Gaffigan will be there July nineteenth, John Mulaney on August twenty second. Black Label Society will be there in September twenty fifth. The complete details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert page of KFE and dot com.
Speaker 1: Here calendar.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we are so and I felt drafts come to town. Tim Connolly said some things, but today's top story involves the following SoundBite. A lady was in a courtroom in New York Brooklyn to be exact, Okay, she had a baby. Happens from time to time, happens in cabs, happens on roller coasters. But listen to this lady describe this baby being born. Are you ready for this? This again? Somebody must asked her? So did a police officer help deliver the baby? And she said?
Speaker 10: Baby was unfortunately not delivered by the officer.
Speaker 7: The officer took her hands off and removed the baby, who was hanging in the lights.
Speaker 10: She completed delivery with the hands behind her box.
Speaker 4: A lot of unpacking going on there, not just by the police officer.
Speaker 1: Hmm, yeah, that were you played again?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Let's vote on it, should I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, let's do it again.
Speaker 10: Because he was unfortunately not delivered by the officer.
Speaker 7: The officer took her pants off and removed the baby, who was hanging in the leg. She completed delivery with the hands behind robot was hanging in the what in her pants leg?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't make out with her pain her pants leg.
Speaker 4: And she was handcuffed during the delivery.
Speaker 1: Oh that part I got.
Speaker 6: So the officer took the woman's pants off, not her own pants off. It's not a female officer de panting herself.
Speaker 1: Oh good point, I didn't the way she worried. I'm like, so it's the officer took so the officer. There's a pregnant lady.
Speaker 6: She gets handcuffed, her hands behind her back, but the baby's coming. So the officer pulls the person's pants down and then delivers the baby while the pregnant mother has her hands behind her back.
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah? Yeah, so somebody is suing somebody.
Speaker 6: I assume the person that was getting arrested is suing I would I guess, Yeah, what's happening? Yeah saying how could you not let me get birth, like, you know, with my hands free? Then you can arrest me later.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 4: Is there audio of the judge going, you're kidding, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just don't all put your hand down. My hands are down. I'm on camera. Can't get away with that. But the police officer lady, yes, how do you know it was a lady? Wasn't that the lady talking?
Speaker 4: No? But it's okay. I don't know. I don't matter of Cory. You mentioned yesterday that it sounded like the young people were against AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprisingly against it. They really are.
Speaker 4: Glendale Community College they decided they would use AI to announce the names of the graduates.
Speaker 10: Here's what's happening.
Speaker 1: We're using a new AI system as our reader. I hate it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that is that is a.
Speaker 10: Lesson learned for us.
Speaker 11: It didn't feel sincere, and it kind of felt like they didn't care. I would have liked a little bit more thought to go into it, rather than pushing something as simple as reading some names off to an AI device.
Speaker 1: See I love it, Like I said, yes, dah it.
Speaker 6: You know, every generation basically rips the generation after them, and they think that they're lazier than they were, And to some extent that's true, because technology makes every generation's life a little bit easier. I got to give the kids credit because I really thought that the you know, late teens, early twenties, mid twenties, people were going to be.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, we can be super lazy and AI can.
Speaker 6: Do everything for us. I'm telling you, it's not just you know, my twenty year old and her friends. It's like almost everybody in that range that I know or see or follow online. They're all like, this stuff sucks. I can't believe they're kind of bonding together and rejecting it. Yeah, credit to the kids for seeing where this is going.
Speaker 9: The full story with that is a bunch of the students didn't get their names called because the system failed.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is makes like her like her laughing.
Speaker 9: You can hear her laughing, like she's smiling and like whatever, and obviously she's the messenger.
Speaker 1: Don't shoot the messenger.
Speaker 9: But also don't go up there and be like, hey, sorry, our stupid AI system failed.
Speaker 1: Uh And now you you know, you are graduating and you don't get your name called a right like it was.
Speaker 6: It did not look goodkin of all the things to use AI for, like that's one of the lazier things. And they meet us that's super reading names like if you used AI to to spice up your presentation right where the visuals were done by some kind of an AI program and the students said, lame, that's you know whatever, lazy.
Speaker 1: Okay reading names. There's how many text to speech websites there are. That's not AI. That's just a program. That's meat saucy. That's meat sausage.
Speaker 4: It's going to piss me off. The most about it is that's a Glendale Community College brought to you by iHeart and I thought we were human.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: According to Earn all right, there's that is it? Tuesday's Wednesday. It's carry over. It's like hockheads and news stories for yesterday. We had the rip left over bonus time. We had n n e s leftover rips. It's gone for like three months.
Speaker 4: So I swear to you here and I'm not it's not a Christmas exact opposite. I'm out of him. But he said we need to stay here for a while.
Speaker 1: He did, Yeah, we need to just stay slow down. He said, that's the reason they're getting a dog.
Speaker 4: Got to get a dog to slow down. I'll I can't blame.
Speaker 6: And the bonuses are so interesting that again. Their son was like, hey, you want to meet me somewhere. Sure, let's meet in Germany because that's about halfway. Yeah that isn't like meeting my dad in Forest Lake for lunch. Yeah right, let's meet in Germany because you're in Tokyo. We're in Minneapolis. That's about halfway. They're nuts, made me halfway.
Speaker 1: Great song.
Speaker 6: And so did he say he's going to France, Germany and where else? Three weeks?
Speaker 1: I think, because I think Max and then Zacho was watching the dog. Very cute dog, by the way, Yeah great dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah did you go stay at their place last night?
Speaker 1: I just went over for a little orientation and did you?
Speaker 4: Did you break the place?
Speaker 6: Then? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, not yet, I will in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Here, ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story, and I eat all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're talking to a guy that's in the second round of the program Password invitation All over there, Zachary Halver.
Speaker 1: Look at you? Upset alert.
Speaker 6: I mean they play Fallness and healthy Dispatched, got rid of eliminated JG and Nordo.
Speaker 1: The hell man, well done three. Yeah, it was never really even question. Good for you guys.
Speaker 6: They were floundering, they were they were swimming in it, man, and you guys felt confident, played.
Speaker 1: Well, fondness. Yeah, it was awesome. The hell's going on here? That was great? I mean, what the hell?
Speaker 12: All right, we'll see you in round two, buddy. Yeah, screw you, buddy, you're going down. He's yelling on back there. But yeah, your voice texting again. Man, did not expect that. I thought, uh, remember when the bracket came out sauce and you were like, this is not fair.
Speaker 1: It's basically common in Corey versus Barb and Marnie and yeah.
Speaker 6: And my exact comeback is like, I go, Nordon and JG could beat us in round two and that's not even a thing, not even a thing. They were terrible yesterday, even guards he admitted it. Yeah, no, it's a fun listen. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They I feel like they might have lost it more than we want it, but we still I disagree. I thought you were a plus.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I will say, yeah, we had we had a couple that were like, damn, I don't know how we did that.
Speaker 4: So yep, hey did you get your money back? By the way, Zach for I know you registered for the twenty twenty six Florida Python Challenge before realized what it actually was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still waiting. They said it could take like two to six weeks.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: No, man, you can find another python in that period of time. Well yeah, not a python, man, but a Florida one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Especially it's happening challenge. Yeah, I know you do. I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 6: Every year when we do that story about the python hunt in Florida, every year we hear the numbers and it's like, why did we even do it? Right, there's a there's one hundred and seventy thousand pythons in the in the Everglades.
Speaker 1: Well, how many we kill this year? Forty one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, last year three hundred?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the point? What's the point?
Speaker 6: But it's you know, like they always say, like by the time Mackenzie Bezos donates money, she's already made it back, right, Like she literally can't give money away fast enough. It's like, by the time these sons of bitches drag the python to wherever they you know, keep score. It's like we got one that dead python has already given birth to sixteen others. You're we're losing ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like gremlins. They just multiply.
Speaker 6: Is there a way we could just like take a jackhammer, like along the Florida Georgia line, no pun intended, and just like break off Florida and let it just drift away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just let it float away by itself. I think they might like that, right, I think they'd be better off that way.
Speaker 6: We give everybody a heads up and say either in or out, like jump on the mainland or float away up to you, but we'll give you three months at his side keep it.
Speaker 4: Or take it float away into the Straight of America exactly.
Speaker 1: I think in a Looney Tunes episode, or.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, we'll get We'll find out later that it was improperly named. Yeah, if you know what I mean, Oh for sure, we're gonna count the Strait of America.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, what did he do with us.
Speaker 4: That was not any wasn't talking about me?
Speaker 6: I or front Page is next Power Trim Morning two on the Fan in Real Celebrity Softball Game with Adam Thielen and C. J.
Speaker 1: Ham May eight tickets at Zeeland Foundation.
Speaker 4: So much to talk about in the world of sports.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, man, I'm time now for front Paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores Holiday Station Stores for limited time by two, get one free.
Speaker 6: When it comes to Red Bull at our friends at Holiday mix some matchinny flavors you want, get some Red Bull gives you wings even at summer edition. So two for one by two, get one free, limit of time at Holiday What a deal, What a great deal?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: This is this is the opposite of what I should be starting front paid Sports with. But I forgot to get to it yesterday. So again you had another carryover, did you, guys? I mean this is I'm falling for the trap. I'm gonna give the guy his moment in the sun because I'm gonna say his name. I'll say the website so he can get little name recognition, he can get clicks. But this is clickbait. Did you guys see the mock draft that went semi viral two days ago? YaST, you're not in your head, Chris, You did not know perfect Saustin. Don don't ruin this yet, Mike Renner is a guy that writes apparently for cbssports dot com. Oh, Mike Renner. Two days ago, he did a twenty twenty seven NFL mock draft. Right, let's look a year out and see what's going on with the NFL draft. And everybody said this year's quarterback class was mostly garbage. Right, it was basically Mendoza and everybody else. Obviously Ty Simpson went a lot higher than a lot of us thought, but it was basically a one man draft.
Speaker 1: Next year is supposed to be loaded, loaded.
Speaker 7: Chris.
Speaker 6: In next year's draft, according to Mike Renner, the number one pick will be Arizona Cardinals taking quarterback Arch Manning of Texas.
Speaker 1: Arch Manning goes number one. Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: Number two, the Miami Dolphins take Jeremiah Smith, wide receiver Ohio State.
Speaker 1: He's a free he's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Number three, the New York Jets take quarterback Dante More Oregon. Okay, I want you to guess who the fourth pick in the draft is next year to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Sugar Sanders.
Speaker 6: No, he already went he already no, yeah, No, Sanders is on the Browns. Sorry that a rough night, lest year.
Speaker 1: Sure, next year's draft fourth pick, Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Takes any other college players that I know by name.
Speaker 1: Right, and you definitely know this person by name.
Speaker 6: Drake Lindsay, Key Minnesota Golden Gopher, a quarterback fourth overall, he says, Drake Lindsay is an up and comer more people need to know about because of his certified rocket launcher of a right arm. Wow, he's right there with South Carolina's Leonora Cellars for the strongest arm in college football. Unlike sellers, Drake Lindsay has shown the ability to throw with multiple speeds and layer passes beautifully over the middle. He'll need to improve his accuracy and pocket presence this year, but I like his chances of doing just that in year two as a starter.
Speaker 4: What was the bit then?
Speaker 1: Is he kidding? I mean, wasn't it mixed Leidner who was once.
Speaker 6: Famously projected in mcshay's mostract to go like twenty fifth to the Cowboys or something.
Speaker 8: And then there was another I think it was Brosemer was like a first round quarterback they thought after his one year here, I'm not at all downplane.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is clickbait. But also go Forth liked be awesome. If he was even close to a first rounder overall, it would be great for the program to be great for everybody involved. They aren't a five and a half over under team with a quarterback that's going to go in the top five of an elite quarterback draft. I'm not saying he's not elite, but man, that would be a huge jump and they would be a ten plus win team if that happened, which would be wow.
Speaker 1: And that is possible possible right now.
Speaker 6: If Drake Lindsay plays like the fourth best pick in the draft, yeah, we're gonna have a really really good year.
Speaker 1: To your point, an outstanding year. Here's what's crazy.
Speaker 6: Fifteenth to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Minnesota offensive lineman Greg Johnson. Yeah, so, according to this guy, the Gophers have two picks in the top fifteen of next year's NFL draft. Huge.
Speaker 4: We don't even know it.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you.
Speaker 6: One person that is willing to bet us that Drake Lindsay goes in the top fifteen.
Speaker 1: He'll be here tomorrow. Yeah for sure, no bet.
Speaker 6: This would be one where I kind of hope I'm wrong, right the losing money that eightan caliac man has got picked in round seven. That one's stung because it's like he doesn't even play here anymore. If Drake Lindsay's a top half of the first round or fourth overall, that would.
Speaker 1: Be unbelievable for this program. Unbelieva. It would suck because that means he'd be leaving. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh, line ten is ringing. My phone system is broken over here. If you could pull this up, let's see what's going on here? That can only be one person.
Speaker 1: Has to be good morning, Hello?
Speaker 6: Why I to tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Look at you? Good morning Tommy?
Speaker 4: How happy are you right now?
Speaker 6: You guys driving in the lifetime having go for football talk?
Speaker 1: Having two first rounders.
Speaker 8: It's like I'm dreaming.
Speaker 6: Tommy, who's more like? Who's more likely to go on round one? Drake Lindsay or Greg Johnson?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are those the two guys they put in there? Yea Drake Lindsay fourth, Greg Johnson fifteenth. They don't even have Anthony Smith. Uh no, not in round one. This list is missing another first rounder. That guy's got the best ship short.
Speaker 6: You got.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you guys this. We have one first rounder next year one hundred bucks each. We have one first rounder at least one. Right now, they're saying three.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and this guy yeah they I'm INT's try it right first.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've been on ahan for eight years.
Speaker 8: We can do one, all right. I'm in, yeah, I'm in all right. Both of us are run for one hundred bucks. If the Gophers have one first rounder, we owe you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Beautiful boys, you got to keep this going.
Speaker 8: You literally make it my morning.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Love you, hey, Tommy, Tommy. Did you hear sir Sanders got drafted?
Speaker 5: I started.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, see tomorrow. I love you you wor short? They forgot Anthony Swift short? No, he was not. And Anthony Smith, in all reality, has the best chance. I don't know. I don't know anything about this Greg Johnson guy.
Speaker 6: Obviously, Drake Lindsay looked like he has a lot of talent right to go from where he was last year though to the fourth overall picking a loaded quarterback draft.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, maybe did Mike Renner? Did this guy go to the U? Is he from? Like, I don't know, Mota meat Eye or something like? Where is he from? Why? Is he so Gopher happy? It's the truth. Yeah, maybe he's onto something, or he's on something, or he's just trying to Yeah, throw a grenade in there to get it clicks and again, I walked right into it.
Speaker 8: Maybe they see a lot of data that Minnesotan's love mock drafts, so they were like, I wonder, let's give him something to talk.
Speaker 1: I wonder why why that is?
Speaker 4: My friend Tom says there's going to be a lot of scouts at the Motor City Bowl this year.
Speaker 1: Wellant, yeah, if they make a bowl.
Speaker 4: Kiss yourself now, Tommy. Yeah he probably just did.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, he probably just did. So what is it again?
Speaker 6: Eighth and gallic manis technically was not a Gopher when he got drafted. He was a Rotgers quarterback. Still lost, So what has it been something like fifty years since we've had a Gopher quarterback drafted? It's something we looked it up last. It's something like that, like the seventies was the last time. I think you're correct. I think if we went not only just Drake Lindsay eventually gets drafted in round three or four or five, but top ten, that's.
Speaker 1: A game changer.
Speaker 8: That's a that's a game changer. Yeah, but then it would be good for everybody involved unless he leaves. He's so good that he leaves, that would even suck even Yeah, yeah, but it'd be good for the program.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: So anyway, there's your mock draft update for twenty twenty seven. Drake Lindsay fourth overall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mock drafts are great, love them. You don't care for this one much? No, that one's fine. Great. Any mock draft is outstanding.
Speaker 4: Believe you're not more punk.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 4: We're going to the national champion. We're going to Natty.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 6: The other thing that I think is fun about people that do one year out mock drafts is the order of the team's forget the players.
Speaker 1: Just yeah.
Speaker 6: So for example, where did this guy put the Minnesota Vikings? Where does he have their draft.
Speaker 1: Position in twenty twenty seven? Oh? Good question.
Speaker 4: I think people around the nation are giving him way more love than we twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: So you think they're going to break out? That's a playoff team, right if you're twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really good guess. I'm gonna say I'm just gonna go a little and I'll say twenty third.
Speaker 6: He has the Minnesota Vikings takeing something called Zach Lutmer, a defensive back out of Iowa thirteenth.
Speaker 1: It too, was this guy know this? We're short? Yeah, we're sure brilliant. That's good. Yeah anyway, yeah wow man.
Speaker 6: By the way, since I don't know much about uh Greg Johnson, this is super super short. But it just says Greg Johnson is the top returning true guard in the country.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: He's a well built three twenty five with experience at all five offensive line spots, though left guard is his best fit.
Speaker 1: How about that? We have the best guard in the country.
Speaker 4: How about it.
Speaker 1: It's just one guy's opinion, But he's Greg Johnson's that good?
Speaker 4: How about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about Greg Johnson either. Again, was he from here? How did we get him? Where's he from? No idea, I don't know Greg.
Speaker 6: Uh Prior Lake. He's six sixth, twenty five junior from Prior Lake.
Speaker 1: It's a huge bitch, It's a huge dude. Yeah. Wow. So again, maybe his friends and family are listening. Shout out to Greg Johnson's shout shout out to Prior Lake and the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Good for us, man, it would be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. That's cool.
Speaker 6: All right, We'll do what really matters after this, actual scores, actual stats, not just future mock drafts. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan, Minnesota's home for the Western Conference. For Whitby Jump the Lads, series, giveaways, show.
Speaker 9: Highlights, follow that cafe when's there's three On Instagram, TikTok acts, and of course YouTube to subscribe to see all the phone and excitement we have on a daily basis here at the Fan.
Speaker 1: Hey, someone really matters?
Speaker 4: Shall we?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Debby.
Speaker 8: Although Lasik it Lens brings you what really matters, scores and stats around the world, the sports Christmas chums your life for something else.
Speaker 1: And speaking of changing your life.
Speaker 6: Go to doctor Mark Lovanof and doctor David White and they'll change your life.
Speaker 8: With Lasik and oh though Lasik and Lens. Hey, doctor White changed my life. Yeah, man, thank you guys.
Speaker 6: I think you guys would say I wish he would change it even more. But he changed my vision and that's a that's a start.
Speaker 1: That's something. It looks great. Thanks, Yeah, man, I mean my eyes look the same.
Speaker 6: From where you're sitting, you can't tell the difference, but technically it's shaped a little bit differently.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is mostly it's a good thing to do for you, but you still have to you see him better now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, good point, that's true. Good point, hugs, I do see you, you see, Yes, I can see right about me.
Speaker 1: Yep uh.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota Twins lost two to one of the astros, Debbie Matthews. Six inights, five hits, two runs, six strikeouts. Looking up on your phone. The Twins are five and a half back of Cleveland and the central and our guy man, our guy, Ryan Jeffers broke a bone of what a day or two ago, Yeah, in his hand. No exact timetable, but according to the Internet doctors, similar injuries in the past have been in that four to six week range, depending on how fast the bone in his hand heals. I guess there's a minor procedure, yeah, to deal with what he broke, But something like a month and change for Ryan Jeffers.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 8: I think they I think the one thing, and I know the Internet doctors are what they are, but I think I saw six to eight weeks is what Gleaman tweeted. So it may have been a little bit more severe. Yeah, but a lot of moves yesterday.
Speaker 1: Man. Yep.
Speaker 8: We'll get to the other one in a second, but for now, what really matters is this Red Lobster's oldest restaurant, located in Tallahassee, Florida, set the closest doors after fifty six years.
Speaker 1: That was the first one Florida. Oh yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 8: I just maybe just based on like the decor and the motif, I would have assumed it was a New England based good restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought after eating there a few times, more like, Omaha, what do you eat.
Speaker 1: There, cheddarbig biscuits?
Speaker 5: Bitch?
Speaker 4: Would you please stop being a bitch? Oh?
Speaker 1: He does eat seafood. We learned that Chesterbay Biscuits the first one ever Omaha, Nebraska, the home.
Speaker 4: Of eleven it's RBV.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, wells okay. That wasn't even resting though.
Speaker 4: I just yeah, you that was very yeah aggressive, You're gonna need to let it rest for a minute now.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many years into Red Lobster's launch did they launch the Cheddar Bay Biscuits, Because that can't be a day one thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they call them cheddar Bay if they're it's in Tallahassee. Well, I guess maybe I was just I can see cheddar Bay in my mind and it's in New England.
Speaker 9: Nineteen ninety two TOEW that's when what started the cheddar Bay biscuits?
Speaker 1: Ninety two? And what year did you say it opened up in Tallahassee?
Speaker 4: The first red lobster was when nineteen Sorry back up the top of the story, fifty six years ago? So what is that October nineteenth? Uh, I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: Seventy, eighteen seventy. What's going on with so?
Speaker 6: Twenty two years in It took them to say seafood's fine, But how are we going to get that paleass loser in Minneapolis to into our restaurant. He doesn't eat he doesn't eat seafood. Well, we need the best biscuits that have ever been created. We need to Chitterbay biscuits. Somebody can coct it quickly.
Speaker 4: Even though it's its own weird entity. Florida is in the South. You can't have a restaurant in Florida in the South without biscuits of some kind, fair, correct, So they needed to add some kind of biscuit, biscuits, biscuits, and grave.
Speaker 1: It's I'm not exaggerating if this.
Speaker 6: If I was on death row for something, Josh penous, right, I did something awful, something that you can't You don't even think I'm capable of doing.
Speaker 1: And I know what you think I'm capable of something worse. No, I'm talking worse.
Speaker 6: Wow. Right, I'm on death row. But to the point where it's like nobody's even protesting my killing. You know what I'm saying, even pro or like anti capital punishment people are saying, this guy's got to go.
Speaker 1: Like even you're like, yeah, you got yeah for sure. But you know, when they have those serial kills, they're like, you should never let me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would be mean, Okay, got okay, got it.
Speaker 1: So I'm on death row. There's no getting out.
Speaker 6: I deserve it. But I get a final meal as always, right, you get the which I don't think they do anymore. But yeah, but if they say you're getting five things, not thirty, you don't get to pick thirty. You can get like five things. I like this, the red lobster cheddabay biscuit would be in my five if I get one more meal that's in the conversation for sure.
Speaker 1: It's that good. Yeah, I want If it's my last meal, I want about twelve of them. Yeah, have forty of them. That's my point. What do I care? Well, how are you going to eat the other four things that you ordered? It's my last meal. By the time it passes, I will have passed. What do I care? If my stomach up? You have exactly more for them to deal with. Yeah, man, so fill me up.
Speaker 4: I like bar Yeah right, I'm gonna be like skip the meal. Let's get this over with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the eighteenth time, sir, we can't send them.
Speaker 4: You're here for someone else's execution, Corey's being killed.
Speaker 6: Not you.
Speaker 1: What what give me?
Speaker 6: So give me your non main course kind of novelty item like it is named like a Cheddarbay biscuit, a side action thing that would be in the conversation for your death roll meal can't be the main course.
Speaker 1: It's got to be some kind of a throwaway bit.
Speaker 6: But you would have to seriously consider it if you only had five Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding and I'm not just saying this. Maynard's waffle fries.
Speaker 6: With the rosemary and the honey mustard, yep malones, and maynards. The waffle would also be in the conversation. I would say, good choice, bread with the butter, the cinnamon butter.
Speaker 4: That's the correct and they have to be piping hot.
Speaker 1: That's good. That is also unacceptable answer.
Speaker 4: That might be my last meal today. If you see me at Texas Road, he'll say goodbye to me.
Speaker 1: I will, sir, Do you want some of these buns to go? Not necessary?
Speaker 4: Not where I'm going, Christy, where I'm going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where we're going. We don't need buns. That was a nice little improvab. We just stayed there. Yeah, you and me referencing back to the future. Hell yeah, it's in my turn. Oh yeah. We talked about red Lobster.
Speaker 6: Royce Lewis demoted to triple A, the former number one overall pick, hitting one sixty three, three home runs and thirteen RBI in thirty one games this year. You remember when I asked Bonus yesterday, like is it over for Royce Lewis, And he's like, well, no, he's shown superstar potential. Right, We've seen that ceiling, so that ceiling still exists. You know what I'd forgotten about though, and I know this is the downside of baseball. Doesn't it feel like he's still relatively.
Speaker 1: New, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's twenty six, right, he was the first overall pick in twenty seventeeneesh, Like, if you're hitting one sixty three and you were the first pick nine years.
Speaker 1: Ago, it's over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not like, Well, let's give him time. He's had a decade to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. If I'm the Twins, I'm terrified that it's over.
Speaker 8: Well, from what I was told yesterday is they thought about sending him to Fort Myers for like a full reset. That's what That's what they were contemplating yesterday. That's how bad it's gotten. When your strikeout, I think Gleaming and The Geek were talking about it on their podcast. When you're swinging at strike threes that are not even in the strike zone and are over your head or you know, in the in the the other batter's box, you have a problem. And you hope he figures it out because he's a really nice kid. But the baseball gods, like I said yesterday, they give it and they take it away. When he said, I don't slump. It was over for you, and it's been over since he said that. I mean, he's it's if he were you know, if Walker Jenkins came up and he started hitting like one thirty six, you go, all right, maybe the kid just really right. Maybe years in, I know he was a heistk he was the number one overall picking. Heis out of high school.
Speaker 6: But no, it's over the decade of development and he's hitting one sixty three.
Speaker 1: It's over. Yeah, man, I hope, I hope it's not over. I hope we're all wrong.
Speaker 6: I hope he goes down and gets the reset, and I hope he crushes it and gets back to that level. But again, we're just playing the odds right. Probability wise, it's looking super slim, right.
Speaker 8: And as they as gleaming in Them said on the podcast, when if they the Calpepper guy's the guy they thought they'd call up and they didn't, So that means that they think he might be able to figure it out. If you call somebody up that could be a permanent replacement in Calpepper, then it's even more of a sign that they really don't think he can find his footing again.
Speaker 1: But what really matters?
Speaker 6: Is this.
Speaker 8: Today?
Speaker 4: Would have been the bird the birthday I should say a former Hall of Fame head coach Harry bud Grant.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, how old do we think he would have been?
Speaker 4: Yeah? When was?
Speaker 7: When?
Speaker 4: When? You already think he was more by the way, I think winningest coach in the history professional flight?
Speaker 1: Would he have been one hundred?
Speaker 6: So when he was in the Super Bowl era? Right the seventies? How old was bud Grant then? Because he looked old because he had white hair already? Right, was he in his was he like late forties, early fifties then? And that was, you know, fifty ish years ago. I'm going to say he was born in let's go nineteen.
Speaker 1: Thirty. I think he'd be one hundred today.
Speaker 4: One year from today, he'll be one hundred, one hundred nineteen twenty seventy.
Speaker 1: Was twenty seventeen, twenty seven?
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn So he was a teenager mid teens in World War Two?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 8: Wow, Man, he's the greatest Vikings head coach of all time? Right, say that to K's face. Kos's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, the eighth winningest coach in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's good. Very good. Yeah, he's in the Hall of Fame, right.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, yeah, yeah, Rosie inducted him.
Speaker 1: Oh does Rosie no Bud Grant very very very closely. Yeah. Oh, he was almost unanimous, but one person did not vote for all.
Speaker 6: And again, Veil Lavell just does not want anybody to go in on the first ballot.
Speaker 1: So I think Levell has said he would have voted for Bud later, but.
Speaker 6: He got in on the first ballot and it just wasn't Wow, it wasn't he unanimous?
Speaker 1: Man, guy's a menace. Yeah, Oh, it wasn't the third. It was it was Lovell Neil the second. Oh, the second. Oh yeah, so it runs in the family. Wow. I didn't know that. I just thought it was lovellly Neil the third. Oh. Man, interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: The New York Knicks came back from twenty two down with just over eight minutes to go and then dominated in overtime. They won one fifteen to one to oh four over the Caves. From the eight to nineteen mark of the fourth quarter, they outscored the Cleveland Cavaliers forty four to eleven the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nuts? I did not know that they were down that much. I just saw the score this morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were down twenty two and they won by eleven. I know Hawk had money on Cleveland, So that's why it's upset today.
Speaker 4: That's that's the big thing I'm distracted by. Yeah, I'm going to pay back the booky.
Speaker 1: Sorry you bet that. Sorry for you tell me so.
Speaker 8: If you checked out of that game early, if you went to bed because it was a twenty two point lead in the fourth quarter, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Knicks came back and won. Bronton had thirty eight ninety nine point nine percent win probability and ESPN.
Speaker 6: Sure with twenty two points with eight minutes to go, yeah, it should be over.
Speaker 1: What a collapse? What a collapse?
Speaker 6: I think right after that they went on something like an eighteen to one run. That'll get you back in the game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, But what really matters is this, I'm just dated.
Speaker 4: In nineteen sixty six, The Who's Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey got tired of waiting on John and Twistle and Keith Moon. They wanted to go on stage at the Ricky Tick Club in Windsor, England, so they said to the local band, you bass player, you drummer. Let's go. So they went on stage together. There's a foursome. When Moon and Twistle finally made their late arrival. During the middle of the show, Townsend hit Moon in the head with the ahead of his guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so deserved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Moon quit the band, but he came back a week later because he didn't remember any of it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, oh no ct Yeah, and he loved horse trink answers.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a podcast interviewed the other day with a guy who was the engineer on the Jimmy Hendrick sessions for Are You Experienced, And during recording of one of the songs, Keith Moon just walked in and started playing the bongos during the recording, Like, not during the recording, I mean while they were hitting the button. It was they were rolling and they were close he and Jimmy Hendricks. But Jimmy says to the engineer, please get him out here. So they took Keith into the control room and put him in a chair in front of the board and he fell off the chair and passed out and slept for the rest of it.
Speaker 6: So you just answered my question because I was going to say, is a move like that almost always ego or you know, medicinal exists, or a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: He was an absolute disasters.
Speaker 8: All levels, on every level. Oh he's the one and correct me if i'm wronghogs. But he's like the original, like trashing your hotel. Bit is he had a home I think, like on the main drag and what's the fan in uh in? What's the fancy place in New York? Doesn't matter? But he had like a hotel on the main drag of that, and he got furniture that he didn't like, so we just chucked it out onto the street into traffic.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really nice thing. He's an insane perosee long dead.
Speaker 4: I have a Yeah, he's a long long long dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah he died. I think it's seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Ye, he's part of the twenty seven club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe he never saw a Timberwolves basketball game. No, not one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lucky guy.
Speaker 8: He loved drugs. He would he would play cherry bombs and toilets. He put five hundred cherry bombs in a hotel toilet. This guy sounds fun as hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, unless you're in a band with them. I'm gonna guess yeah, I don't think they like that.
Speaker 8: What's wrong with just randomly playing the bongos? That's spreading the love of music. I got he's donating furniture.
Speaker 1: He's a sweetheart.
Speaker 4: I've got more Keith Moon stories for you. Next right here, I'm up there.
Speaker 1: Probably more of the power to your morning Joe after this on a fan.
Speaker 4: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Morey.
Speaker 9: Bonus Box is back on k f ban. We have nine chances to be to win one thousand dollars every weekday. That's every hour from nine am until five pm. To enter the keywords learn more, head over to campaign dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot com.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, We're back to what really matters. We're expecting Parker Fox a little bit later from now. You can read explain himself, sure, but right now it's more of what really matters matters.
Speaker 6: All right, We're back at it when it comes to hockey, starting tonight the Western Conference Finals without the Minnesota while the Vegas Golden Knights are at the Colorado Avalanche game one seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 4: Wow, man, So everybody that I care about in Hockey's done? Yep, yep, So why does it keep on going? I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: So man on it, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am. And did you ever get to the bottom of why that was recorded over?
Speaker 4: I think somebody was loading in audio in for a different show in some other studio and just wrote right over what I had. Okay, because I looked at the audio over this morning, and that SoundBite that was recorded over top of my soundbot was and yesterday's delicious audio. This is money. Must have been loading in audio, got it?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Just keep on going.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's talk. Are we all cheering for Vegas? I would like Vegas to beat Colorado? Yeah, I don't think they will.
Speaker 4: But well seen as how I just found out that Vegas is still in it.
Speaker 1: Sure it's more of an anti Colorado thing. Yeah, like I write, screwing at this point, I would just want anybody by Colorado.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, everybody likes shrowting for an underdog, sure, and Vegas is and massive underdog, oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Close. Yes, this is going to be probably a four to five game series, let's hope not.
Speaker 4: What really matters though, is this an interesting city to live in? And I don't mean that like in a joking way. I mean you've got seven hundred million things to do every day, you have to fight doing some of them. And then you say to yourself, Oh yeah, and our hockey teams might go to the Stanley Cup, we should go down and support them.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: How do you choose what you want to do tonight when you have every choice?
Speaker 1: That's real freedom? Is what you're describing the man, is it? Oh yeah? Oh yeah, Well you're here all the time. That the locals like never go to the.
Speaker 4: Strip, that's a bunch of I almost said the word wow. I know some locals, they all got problems. Oh really, But I think this is the exact thing they go to the strip for.
Speaker 1: Right, They don't go to the Strip.
Speaker 4: It comes to the Strip because that's some place they can afford to live.
Speaker 6: Sure, they go to the I think they go to the games, right, especially the Vegas Golden Knights.
Speaker 1: Right, they've embraced them way more than the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Maybe they won't embrace the A's, they definitely will embrace their future NBA team, and they'll.
Speaker 4: Probably embrace the Raiders if they're any good ever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean Kirko Chains. What I'm saying the uh maybe you guys talked about it on Friday. The Kirko Chains for Nando Mendoza step brother's bit was brilliant.
Speaker 4: It was really well done. But they can't act.
Speaker 1: No, no, Kirk can't act in either.
Speaker 4: He was better than dude.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, none, don't you have to call me? What did he say the Nandalalorean? Yeah, that's but it was just a funny bit. It was a great bit.
Speaker 4: I said nearly the exact same thing. Yeah, yeah, okay, But what really matters is this Now, For those of you out there who don't know who Keith Moon was, he was the drummer of the Who. For those of you who don't know who the Who are, they did talking about my generation. For those of you who have never heard that song, I don't know what to tell you, right, I'm talking to Parker. By the way, Here's what Keith Moon did, the Drummer of the Who. He's got a list of them. I'll give you a few of them. Here's number one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was good friends with Alice Cooper, and Alice Cooper once returned home to find that Keith Moon was dressed in a French maid's outfit at his house. He had tidied up the entire place. When Cooper's wife questioned who he was, Cooper simply told her.
Speaker 1: Not to worry.
Speaker 4: He's just the world's greatest drummer. So he got so high that he decided to put on a maid's off it and go clean Alice Cooper's house. I don't clean my own house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wear it made out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's like multiple pictures of him in like a nun outfit, just wandering around. He liked dressing up and getting high.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 6: Elmer Fudd had questions once he dressed up as a callback from an hour ago Early Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about this one?
Speaker 8: Hawk and their US debut in Cow Palace in Daly City, California. He ingested a mixture of sedatives and brandy. During the concert, He passed on this drum kit during like Yeah, Won't get fooled again. They stopped playing. Group of rodies carried him off stage, gave him a shower and injection a cortizone. They sent him back on stage after a thirty minute delay. He passed out again. They were ruined him from the stage and Pete Townshend asked, can anyone play the drums.
Speaker 4: And Scott Happlin yep, the nineteen year old fan jumped on stage. And that's a very famous story. Yeah, somebody's gonna make a movie out of that at some point, but I think it's not enough of a story. But still, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: This guy sounds awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless you have to play in a band with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: He lost so much money from smashing instruments and destroying hotel rooms.
Speaker 4: Mick Jagger was asleep in his Los Angeles hotel room when he was awoken by a noise. He opened his eyes and found Batman standing over top of him. Amazing, Jagger reached for his defensive weapon, the Cape Crusader, took off his mask and said, it's just me. It's just me, and it's Keith Moon, dressed in a complete Batman outfit.
Speaker 1: Again, let's you guys seem to be crapping on Keith. Let me go back for.
Speaker 6: If if Mick Jagger woke up and saw Batman, he should be relieved.
Speaker 1: Batman's a good guy. He's here to help.
Speaker 6: If he wakes up and Keith Moon is dressed like Jason Vorhees. You might want to crap your pants. Batman's not going to hurt you. He's there to help.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If he woke up and saw him dressed as Jason Vorhees, I hope Mick Jagger would have went, that's.
Speaker 1: A great idea for a fan, right, because it's not that hadn't happened yet, it's the correct timeline. Yeah, maybe he came up with it.
Speaker 4: That may have been the worst Mick Jagger impression ever done.
Speaker 1: I've heard worse, Thank you. That was one right there that was worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sure, Jason kidd out as Maverick's head coach after five seasons.
Speaker 1: He has four years and forty million dollars remaining on his deal. Yeah, how about that. He's gonna get paid all that money? What yep? Okay, well they have. They got new exacts down in Dallas and they're cleaning house. What a world? Yeah, what a world? What a world. But what really matters is.
Speaker 4: This Moon was on the road with the Who and they were opening for Herman's Hermits in nineteen sixty seven. When Keith Moon started pulling his pranks. He started by doing something like just putting plastic spiders in the drummer's bed, you know, just make him. But that escalated quickly to putting a pig's head in his bed.
Speaker 1: An actual pigs, an actual body, plastic spider.
Speaker 6: He went full on, he did, godfather, here's a head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they put Paul Gimatti in. Oh yeah, the pig vomit. Never mind. Also, the timeline doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: But again he saw the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hm when moon that would suck.
Speaker 4: He decided who should have a pet on the road. He thought that neither a cat nor a dog would do so. While in Vancouver, he decided to just a piranha fish to keep in the bathtub of his hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mega mind.
Speaker 4: The prana didn't last long. It died in the cold tub of water while the Who played the show swimming around saying I'm a piranha.
Speaker 1: So the guy's an animal lover. He likes comic book heroes.
Speaker 6: He gives nineteen year old fans the opportunity to live out a dream and drum with the who What am I missing here?
Speaker 1: This guy's a saint.
Speaker 4: When staying in a luxury hotel in Copenhagen in nineteen seventy two, Moon became an amber with the room's waterbed. He wanted to bring it down to the lobby and said, Pete Townsend, will you help me. Before they could get it out of the frame, the bed burst and flooded the entire hallway.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 4: Moon quick thinking called the front desk and said, there's something wrong with my bed.
Speaker 1: I bet he said it with a straight face too, Hey, something wrong with my bed.
Speaker 4: This is doctor John Johnson, go to Russia.
Speaker 6: I think you bought it, doctor jim richel richelds he puts an element. Yea, oh, man, probably bring a coat. I wonder how much of that was improv It feels completely improvit, But who knows? Man might turn again?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: So I mentioned Vegas at Colorado tonight game one of the Western Conference Finals. Tomorrow is the Eastern Conference Finals that starts at seven o'clock. That is the Montreal Canadians at the undefeated Carolina Hurricanes.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, man, Carol.
Speaker 4: They've been off for right like a twelve days.
Speaker 1: They haven't played since March third. Wow. What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: There was a story that Moon, back day Lincoln continental into the pool at his birthday party.
Speaker 1: Was it his Lincoln Continental. Somebody else says.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but band members Pete and Roger Dispute are saying that it was a conflagration of two events, and one Keith accidentally backed up he partially into an unfinished unfilm swimming Pool, and another the drummer ordered a car to be delivered to his home when Hugh refused to pay for his new vehicle the band, you know, because he was like, well pay for this, and they said no. He drove it into the estate's pond and then called the dealer and said, come pick this up.
Speaker 1: Geez. Yeah he's insane. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like, and is the jackass where they rent the car and then they return.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, and it's just destroyed.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: I wonder how many like really really close friends Keith Moonhead Like none?
Speaker 1: I would guess yeah, I would guess none. Yeah, because I think of how.
Speaker 4: Like me have a friend that that's crazy. You're like, I don't want to golf with them, right yep.
Speaker 6: And if if you're as crazy as he is, it's like you know, crossing the streams and Ghostbusters, right, that doesn't work. No, can't cross the streams. Never cross the streams and.
Speaker 1: That was Joe Walsh. They partied together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Egan, I thought you said crossing the streams was bad.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should watch Ghostbusters today, you know you should, a man, Maybe after the show.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll just pull it up and watch it on mute. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man peaks Sigourney Weaver Man right ten out of ten? Oh yeah, a smoke show.
Speaker 1: What a face? Really pretty? Yeah, great film, great film.
Speaker 4: Moon put a speaker system, a PA speaker system in his car, in his Rolls Royce, so he could make announcements while driving down the road.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I think he's misunderstood. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He then bought some blow up legs and and put a pair of stockings on them and then hung them out the back window of his car and made obscene noises as he was trapping on the rub through.
Speaker 1: See Parker learned something, Parker, you know you know about Keith Moon Man? You get it? I do now, And I'm glad hawk uh see you that I wouldn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, you know me so well enlightened by the Keith moon escapades.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a cool dude. Yeah, the guy likes to party. He likes drugs. He's, you know, a fantastic drummer. Yeah he cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know again, No, it's it's funny. But you got to get away from that, right, You can't. You can't spend time with that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not not the kind of guy you want to spend too much time with.
Speaker 4: No, Keith would go buy new pants and then demand that they become in half and each leg wrapped separately.
Speaker 1: My god, why yeah, why why would you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Interesting guy, Ye love drugs, and Abbott thinks most of us are difficult to work with.
Speaker 1: We're dream boats. Get pard to Keith Moon. Dream boats.
Speaker 6: That's what next time he says you're hard to work with, sausage, Go, I'm know Keith Moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could get this building. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Imagine trying to be his like tour manager or like try to control him on the Road's no way.
Speaker 1: They probably gave up. I just said, go to your thing, do what you got to do. It doesn't seem like he had a lot of guidance. He died too quickly.
Speaker 4: Well, listen to this. This is okay, this is going too far. There are parts of this I do not like, and you will not either. Moon bought a house besides Steve McQueen and decided he wanted to be friends with Steve McQueen, but Steve said, I don't. I prefer my privacy. Moon would not take no for an answer, so he drove his car into mc queen's home, got out, was bitten by the family dog. Moon bit the dog back. When the cops got there, they made him leave, so Moon went home, got dressed as a Nazi, and went back.
Speaker 1: Jesus, what part won't I like?
Speaker 4: All of this is one man's life and he only lived to be twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is, honestly, that's the part that's next level.
Speaker 6: If the dog's biting you, and you're truly defending yourself, right, you have to punch at or kick it to get it to stop biting you. It's like, all right, you're defending yourself, but biting him back is that is world. Use your arms and legs to keep him away your face right right back, So you're probably by definition, you're probably using your arms to hold the dog down to biting right.
Speaker 8: That's probably his first reaction to like a lot of people just say say away from me, he just goes straight bite to the torso.
Speaker 1: Rab his leg like a chicken wing, and then his leg. What a nut job. The news is next. Parker Fox is here. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the fan.