Speaker 1: Shannon is going to bring something up here right now that I wonder if any other people can relate to. And it involves your friendships. What's going on?
Speaker 2: I feel like I am in a lobsided friendship. And what I mean by that is I Tonight, I'm going to have dinner. Wes and I are going to have dinner with our favorite friends, Justin and doctor Matt. You've heard me talk about them before. They're the ones that throw a party for their stairs, Yes, when their stairs called. I love them. So dinner is tonight. Justin is a chef, so the food is always beyond incredible. Matt is the host of hosts. He's always making sure that the decor is on point, and like, are your feet cold? I can get you a pair of slippers, Like they're just They're just the best. And I always feel so lucky and so very spoiled when we go over to their house. Well, I told Wes last night as we were kind of going through a weekend, I'm like, I feel like this friendship is kind of lobsided because we have never, I think ever ever had them over to our house, not even for drinks or apps. And part of it is I think I'm self conscious because I don't cook at all.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can make basics, but I would be so nervous to cook for Justin a chef, like a great chef. But like, we've never had them over, and so I'm like, it's always them having us. They always want to invite us over, which is so awesome, but I feel kind of bad. And I'll always bring something like you know this mojo. I'll always bring wine or champagne. They love champagne. I always bring champagne when we go. But I'm like, that still doesn't feel equal to me, not but it has to know. But this has been years of this, and they especially love Wes. So like I've known Justin, for God since before my kids were born, so I've known him for a long time. But now that like, I'm married to Wes and they love Wes. Wes and I have gone over to their house like a dozen times, but we've never hit them over to ours.
Speaker 1: Do you think they look at you guys as leeches?
Speaker 4: Well, they're the.
Speaker 2: One always inviting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I would Justin and Matt ever sit there on the couch on a Saturday night. They had no plans and go be nice. If West and Shannon inviting us over tonight.
Speaker 2: Like I have to invite them over at some point because.
Speaker 1: You're doing carry out.
Speaker 2: I guess we could do carry out and they probably wouldn't care. It's more me getting anxiety over it.
Speaker 1: Do any listeners have this lopsided friendships where they're always uh doing the entertaining and their friends are always the takers. Yeah, you're the givers.
Speaker 3: It never helps people in my spot j G and John say yeah, pretty much the taker.
Speaker 1: J G.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like there are certain roles within your friend group, Like you have friends who are the hosters and they throw the party. I played a role of, you know, bringing energy in the playlist. That's where often do they need the energy in the playoffs? It all works.
Speaker 1: Together, Yeah, it works together.
Speaker 3: Johnson, we JJ got the spot and he might do to fool everybody pretty much, bring a bottle. I'm bringing the vibes in the they buy you drive. That's like that.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what is anxiety filled? We're going to dial Will they answer the phone?
Speaker 2: Justin we can?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Again, I'm an awkward phone dialer, So just so you know.
Speaker 2: That I have to say no, I would love to.
Speaker 1: I do want. I do want to have them on. And I'm going to tell you the biggest reason I want to have him on because I want to discuss why Lydia is Lydia. You're trying to dial on somebody's line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just calling a texter.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Okay, No. For some reason though, in the phone system here, if I pick a line to dial on and Lydia chooses it in the other room, it overrides me. So I have a I have a reason to bring this up. He's already in our system. I like it. Justin's already and Shannon's friend Justin, Hi, Justin? How are you?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good? I was wondering what your plans are this weekend, Shannon, and we are coming over. What are we cooking? Justin? Do you feel like this is an unfair friendship, like an unbalanced, lopsided friendship that you.
Speaker 2: Always have us over and you cook these beautiful meals, but we've never had you over. I love we love entertaining, So you know what, you would also not want to eat my food?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 1: In all fairness, this is what the man does too. Right, isn't it? Isn't there? You're an incredible an amazing show, Justin.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you we have a good menu playing for tonight?
Speaker 1: What is the what is the plant? We're gonna have lamb chops.
Speaker 5: Who've got grilled sausage and then some polenta. What is he's it's like grids.
Speaker 1: It looks like it looks it looks like you're eating you know, it's it's I always feel like when I when I see the planta there, I get all excited and I'm like, it's mashed potatoes. Unfortunately it's not mashed potatoes. Can I, Justin? Can I bring something up that I think that there's a struggle in most people's relationships and there's a commonality to this. Having gay friends is tough because gay friends are very giving, they are very they are very talented, and they do things over the top, and unfortunately the heterosexuals don't necessarily do a very good job of that. I just want you to know, and so so there becomes a little bit of a problem with this, like it does. It's anxiety filled if you have, you know, friends that are guests.
Speaker 2: Even Justin is so good about dropping off like he'll make He does homemade candies and homemade like pastries and breads, and he'll be like, are you home, knock, knock, I'm coming by to drop off some stuff. How many times do I even invite you in? Sometimes I'm like, oh, my god, is a mask? The dogs kids are so I just talked to them on my front porch.
Speaker 1: Yep, that is so funny. So I never think, by the way, if I'm having a party of flowers, but gay gay men and gay women think of flowers, were going.
Speaker 2: To like natal arrangements and candles and flowers.
Speaker 1: Something different to the house. Yeah, you need to have a party and show us.
Speaker 3: Noah, I don't. Ja might come over tomorrow though, before our event. Oh really, bring flowers. Just the two of you guys appropriate, only the two of us have the event.
Speaker 1: You guys are they're doing an event together tomorrow, justin to lend itself more to the fact that they're affing. Well, we didn't book ourselves. Where are you guys at tomorrow? We're gonna be at Greek.
Speaker 3: Town Open it up, Open it up, and we'll be out there having a good time.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna meet beforehand for what to like prep your night toil to carpool you live closer in town than Oh my god, that's this is By the way, I would like to war the roses you see where we'll send a dozen free roses here. Hold on a second, justin, We got some listeners here that want to comment on Shannon being a bad friend to you. You and Matt. What's up? Andrea? How you doing good? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: I just I.
Speaker 4: Don't agree that it's a gay friend thing versus a heterosexual person saying. I think some people just love to serve and it's like their favorite thing to do. I love hosting people and having them over.
Speaker 1: And they never.
Speaker 4: Think, oh my friends suck because they don't do the same something I like.
Speaker 1: To do it. So you never judge them on the fact that they're they're mooching off of you.
Speaker 4: No, no, because it's my favorite thing to do. I have people over, serve them food and drink, and I love to cook and some people and that.
Speaker 1: I'd be honest with you though, I would bet though majority of people would have it in the back of their mind of are they ever going to invite us out? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: We go out like we'll go out to dinner a lot.
Speaker 1: Who pays?
Speaker 2: When you go on, Justin, who pays? Do we split it.
Speaker 6: Back?
Speaker 5: And I think we kind of, you know, sneaks.
Speaker 1: It because that's a good way to get back. Yeah, like that's a really good way to give back. What's going on, Carrie? How you doing good? Martin? I'm doing great. I just wanted to say to Shannon, the easiest solution is just to have a pizza night and invite them all everyone.
Speaker 7: Easy.
Speaker 2: Easy, Like this man is making lamb chops and I'm going to be like, we're heaving a pizza night.
Speaker 1: Find a nice place with something different, you know, just make sure you install the brick oven first.
Speaker 5: Wait, Shandon, that was what of our options today? We were going to make pizza because we had one of those Uoni ovens.
Speaker 1: Of course. Hey, by the way, Justin, Chelsea and I are great people to be friends, and they're free tonight and we might have some people over on Saturday night if you guys would like to join us, but maybe cancel on on your prior plans. What's up, Hannah?
Speaker 2: Hi, good morning everyone, Good morning.
Speaker 6: I wanted to call because I'm also the hosting friend and when I host, like I've smoked a brisket before, I've made like a brave ragou. I like do for cash. I make everything from scratch. And I do it for two reasons. One because, like I'm Latina, we spread love and community through food. In the second one, I love curating how I get my compliment So it's like, I don't know, it's like a dopamine hit whenever someone says my food.
Speaker 1: Is so good. So that's why I love sharing.
Speaker 6: But the vibes in the community, I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: That is honestly, that sounds wonderful. What are you doing tonight? Okay, we'll be right over. We'll be over at seven o'clock. I like. I like friends also that invite you over at an earlier hour. That's the other bad thing with having friends who are gay. They like to they like to entertain at eight o'clock at night. This man, this man is in a coma at eight o'clock at night. What time is are they inviting you over at?
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 6: Seven? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But no, we normally eat at like nine.
Speaker 1: Christ Caldian wedding. This is crazy, that's unbelievable. You know that She's not gonna be able to digest that food the next day. It's gonna be bad. She's gonna go You're gonna go to bed with a full stomach, with a full stomach, AVI, what's going on? AVI? Hey, what's up? Hi buddy? Say hi to Justin Shannon's friend Justin. They just didn't.
Speaker 7: So I'm literally the always the one making plans for our group chat, Like I'm the only one messaging in there like, hey, what are you guys doing this weekend? Let's do something.
Speaker 1: Let's do something for fourth of July.
Speaker 7: Always nobody ever message, And then when we plan, it's either it happens or don't.
Speaker 2: You have to do a little experiment and just go silent and not plan anything for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: We all have.
Speaker 7: So for four to July, we've had something planning. We'll all going camping, and we had everything planning, had to budget, everything planned out.
Speaker 1: And then everybody went sound. So I was like, okay, I'll go silent.
Speaker 7: I went silent, and me and my family we went on to do something ourselves.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what that is. Uh, it's tough in a couple's friendship like this. It seems like it's easier. But if you are the friend group and you have that, then it comes across like nobody's participating. So hey, justin real quick, I'm gonna and we'll let you go because I know that we've taken a ton of your time. If Shannon shows up with in candy grapes tonight, she got the idea from somebody else on the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, it'll be your appetizer, A great way to start through. Yeah, nothing says Nothing says like lamb chops and cotton Caney grapes.
Speaker 1: Will you guys, Will you guys also take a picture of their staircase, because I know he talked about Justin and Matt's staircase.
Speaker 2: I will take a picture of a.
Speaker 1: Yeah please, all right, we'll have dinner on the staircase, and I would like a picture for the the Graham of your lamb chops. Okay, we'll talk to you later. See you, Justin, take car