Speaker 1: It is Friday, April seventeenth, twenty twenty six. Watch to get you today from you Got It All Wrong to a massive AI scam, HiT's the next door platform in the World Cup transit drama that just hit New Jersey. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, texts and more. Sea ladies with me, Hello, so are you? You can send a dispatch over on the website. It's thenewsjunkie dot com. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right into the studio in real time. And this never ever ever happens. Friends, what happened? All right? Chucky double checking, triple checking. We got a last minute message here. Yes, indeed, it's from the bloodsucking suits at iHeartRadio. And see what they said.
Speaker 2: Great Friday, wait dead at everybody?
Speaker 1: Kind all right, all right, kinda. I mean, not the easiest week any of us have been through. So we'll just pat ourselves on the back that we survived and they're still breathing still here on planet Earth. And Tara Badam was doing that all right in a way. But everybody enjoy yourself on a Friday, as we kick into the weekend. Here on a show, and let's start off as we always do. Let's put our ears to ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we have two options everybody. This is for U see Lade and you folks in the chat to decide. We have two famous kissers that we could possibly do Famous kissers. Yeah, two famous kissers that we could possibly open up with today.
Speaker 3: I can't even wait. Members of the band kiss. I am not saying anymore.
Speaker 1: The only, the only.
Speaker 3: There's no a lot of famous kisses I can think of in my lifetime. There's the Britney Spears Madonna one, okay that everybody freaked out about it? Would I have a feeling it's neither of those people. Well, there's there is two famous kissers. One is the man and one is the woman.
Speaker 1: All right, who do we choose to start off the show today? Do we choose the man or the woman in the famous kissers category for our starts? I'll vote ladies first, all right, Sea, Lan's gonna go with the lady. We'll see what you guys say over on the the chat side of thing, here momentarily great. That was a classic kiss. Also.
Speaker 3: Also, it is always hilarious to me when people try to spell Luba's name because nobody's even close, but.
Speaker 1: They come up with over there l u b a y No, that's not no, No, that's not it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I think it's a there is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what I that's what throws people off, you know, jealous.
Speaker 1: Let's start off with the female side of this. The woman who went viral for being on the Coldplay kiss cam is back in a clip that's going viral today, and I got to tell you, I have some problems with this and we'll we'll address I guess the woman who was on the Coldplay kiss cam where Chris Martin from Coldplay was like, oh, look at this couple over here, and then they were like make it out and hanging out with each other and they ducked down.
Speaker 3: They call it the JumboTron song, and it's like something that they do at concerts where they they find people in the audience to highlight and then I think Chris Martin sings a little bit about them or something.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, the Coldplay lady who was fired from her job and was it a huge scandal. Afterwards, gave a speech and the press was there, and here's what happened. That was a great speech. Thank you. Chris Morren ever reached out to know, never did.
Speaker 5: Would you appreciate if you did, it'd be great?
Speaker 6: Would you just still go to a concert?
Speaker 1: No? So she said. The guy goes, has Chris Martin ever reached out to you about what happened? And she goes, no, no, And then they go, well, would you like him too? And she goes, yeah, yeah. And I'm thinking, what are your expectations here on planet Earth with the rest of us that you thought that Chris Martin from Coldplay might check in on you after you were caught cheating in a cheating scandal. Let's remember on the big screen at a concert, the most public possible event you could be at. I mean, the idea, the idea that you go from that to like, hey, why didn't you check in on me Chris Martin.
Speaker 3: This is TMZ trying to create a plotline here, because I'm sure you know now one of them is going to see Chris Martin at LAX and be like, hey, how come you never checked in on the girl from the kiss cam? She says she doesn't want to go to Colplay concerts anymore?
Speaker 1: Right, he cares? Does he care? Okay, like a zero percent chance that he would ever pick up the phone and talk to her. Cheryl on YouTube says, like he should apologize that you got caught exactly exactly what a weird expectation from anybody out there who would be like, well, the guy from Coldplay should call this poor woman who was involved in all of this and her life was ruined by exactly to everybody saying it wasn't their fault. Yes, of course, there you go. The other person who is I would say a famous kisser, though, I mean, I don't know how much people would associate this with famous kisser is mister spider Man himself. Tom Holland was The other option, is a shamous kisser, it's spider Man. Spider Man famous kisser. They don't every Spider Man, each one of them, doesn't matter who they are. They get one saucy kissing scene in the Spider Man.
Speaker 3: I guess I haven't watched all the Spider Man movies. Irather Toby Maguire upside down in the Rain kiss that was the most famous of them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then for Tom Holland, it was the kiss with Zendaiah at one point in time, and I don't know if it was raining for them. It's raining a lot of times. Yeah, there's a lot of times when it is raining in these Spider Man movies when they get to the kiss scene. But there's this one.
Speaker 3: There's something about the making out in the rain that seems like a romantic and sexy at a certain age, and then you get to you get older, and you go, nope, let's go inside. Now, let's go inside. Yeah one, am I twelve? What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: This? Over to Tom Holland for the other option, you always know I'm going to play it. Here he is, and I wonder how this is affecting publics today. Let's listen in here's television movie star. I guess maybe just movie star Tom.
Speaker 4: Holland publics for the first time, and I'm going to try this pub sub Bero is now available in a variety that public so I'm going to see.
Speaker 1: Which while I'm Holland, I guess he has a beer line and it's being launched a public So Tom Holland went to publics for a pub.
Speaker 3: Sub and he's going to see which beer pairs with his pub sub whilst in the driver's seat of a car.
Speaker 1: He's not from America. Okay, I'm driving is illegal everywhere. He doesn't necessarily understand all of our laws, I guess, but yeah, he is in the driver's seat of an suv as he's trying to pair a pub sub from publics Tom Holland with his beer that I had not heard of until this, So at least that was small rocket pub sub bite going down solid bite now like the McDonald president. God, I don't know. I'm with the pills, the pills like traditional continental buddy. I can't understand you just generically when you have a mouthful of pub sub. I have no idea what you're saying. Tom hommes like you already got that British accent that I forget about until I hear you talk and there goes the rest of it when you take a bite of it.
Speaker 3: Does he act with an American accent? Is he one of those British actors that like Spider Man? He does, right, I don't know, I've not I've not seen Tom Holland Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you get with it. I gen to half of it. Well, if if you haven't seen it, he does do the regular like American accent. I believe. JDB on Twitch says, it's not the driver's seat. He's in a British vehicle. The driver's seat is on the right. Oh yeah, he's one of those famous famous British vehicles that are publis. He's in a publics, Dude, he's in the driver's side of the vehicle. Okay, is there a British publics that I'm not aware of?
Speaker 3: I am, I am not aware of. Now here's the thing, and people are saying to me that it's a non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 1: Is it? It is?
Speaker 3: However, it does say on the can contains less than zero point five percent alcohol by volume, which I still would argue I think could get you at least an open container violation.
Speaker 1: Really, oh it probably could, Yeah, because there is some alcohol in there. Yeah, I've never heard of this, but maybe that'll pop up for his drink, A little bit non alcoholic beer called beer. Oh oh that bia like zero. Tom Holland has.
Speaker 3: Taken that long to name the na beer that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that that was a thing, but congratulations. He enjoyed the pub sub For those who outside of this area here, but that means the southeastern United States of America. We'll have you know that our big famous grocery store chain is Publics, and they are famous for nothing more than their pub subs public Subs, and then of course beyond that, they're all still famous for their chicken tender pub subs, a website for it and everything. But there you go.
Speaker 3: To start us off here, another thing Publics is going to come up again in the show today during this week in Florida, because there's another thing that they got a little famous for. That's I think some people find it slightly controversial. I don't not, but we'll dive into it's the Hurricane kick.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, see I don't yeah, I'll wait till we get to that. But I don't find that that controversial myself. I know we have so many delivery drivers who listen to the show, and Number one, thank you. I appreciate that you take the time to listen to the show every day. If we can get you through your day, that makes my day worthwhile. But I have a question for you, based on a video that's going viral today with well over two million views and this young woman in the back of her Amazon truck. So, Amazon delivery drivers, you can stay anonymous if you want. You can use the tips email tips at the neewsjunky dot com, or you could just send a dispatch that we can hear you or even see you maybe and tell me if this is your experience too, what we think about this lady here she is in the back of her Amazon delivery truck. Are you crazy? All right? Up a crazy? She's showing us the screen of I guess the device that they have as Amazon employees. This is the thing that they scan the photos on where they prove that they've done the delivery. Oh, I've never seen this.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we're allowed to see this, Like, I wonder if that's something Amazon wants to keep, you know, on the line.
Speaker 1: I ever see it outther She's showing us her side of it, like what the Amazon drivers see, and it says work remaining three hundred stops. So she's saying like she has to do three hundred stops for the day as an Amazon driver. It says eighty nine multilocation stops. I'm only going to take away the obvious from that, I'm going to think that there's eighty nine locations where they go and they knock out multiple things at one time, like on a street or something.
Speaker 3: I would think that maybe you say, you one of your stops is here at iHeart.
Speaker 1: Hq uh huh.
Speaker 3: But we're on uh, we're on one floor and there's there's there's four floors here. There's a bunch of other businesses. A multilocation stop might mean like, hey, we got to deliver stuff up to the fourth floor to iHeart. We got to deliver a package to whoever's downstairs.
Speaker 1: So all those stops, because if all those are stops, then that's that's a little bit less because it says three hundred stops, eighty nine multilocation stops, four hundred and twenty one locations. Okay, so it actually goes the other way, four hundred and twenty one locations and five hundred and twenty four packages. That's what she's showing that this woman, this Amazon driver has to do for the day. She shows all of them on the map and then shows the truck full of all of the deliveries. Is like, basically, you know, this is what I have to do for the day. I've got to get all of these done and it's too much. Amazon is overworking us. So Amazon Drivers tell us, is this is this normal? Is she exaggerating? Does it seem crazier than it is? What else can you tell us about this? Appa yours? I want to know everything we can know from your perspective, because a lot of people are talking about that video today and you'll probably see it out there. Let us know, Amazon Drivers, tips at the news junki dot com, tips at the news Junkie dot com, or sending a dispatch over on thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, a ton of stuff to get into on a very busy Friday. On the show, we got some information coming in from the moti Wit camp about how they're going to help you out today. All right, a little surprise for you coming up in a little bit will work that in. Also, an AI scam that is so far over the line. I think we have to talk about this so we prevent these people from taking your money. I think we have to talk about this, and for that reason, it's coming up next done the News Chunky. A lot of drama on social media this week. You know, it's nothing new there's always this kind of stuff. A lot of people talk about whatever it is it's going on in their worlds on social media. A lot of people talk about the show on social media. There's a million months this week, but yeah, usually right and on a week like this, my favorite thing is the levels of fan fiction that people will ratch it up to. It's always like, the only thing I do read from time to time is I'll kick up something that's like a big paragraph of a post about the show, because somebody will always be like, look, here's the real dirt. I know what's going on with the news junkie, and they'll they'll give you like a whole paragraph and you'll go, what a dumb this person knows nothing about nothing they have. But it's kind of fun to read sometimes, and you know, I'll get roped in, like very interesting. Some of you are very creative. Like some people will be like, actually, see Lane is the one who is responsible for iheartcuts and whatever it is will be so it's so outrageous and outlandish, and it's kind of fun because you don't realize just how bad a lot of that stuff is until you're involved in whatever people are talking about. That's That's what I told you guys before. You don't realize how dumb the media is until somebody does a news story about something that you actually know a lot about. So like, let's say you're like a high lie expert. You're that guy, You're the one, You're the high lie expert. Then all of a sudden, the media writes an article about highlight the sport, and you go, wow, they are dumb. These people have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, a little bit that's been going on with this Hookers and Hopetown kind of thing, because I think people are that aren't familiar with the area are just taking some of the story at face value, and it has me very confused. When you say they're going from Hopetown to Elbow Key, it's like Hopetown is part of elbow Key, Like it's on it's the same island, it's the same land.
Speaker 1: Maths. That's a great example, Sela, because the people who wrote that had no idea, they had no clue, like they needed to be at least in my because of my experience with the area, a little more exact about where this boat was going from.
Speaker 3: And two like, okay, it's a boat going to another boat. That seems a little more accurate. But when you it's like saying you're taking a boat from Sandford to Orlando. It's like saying, you know, it just seems like you don't.
Speaker 1: Need it, right. But people don't know unless they're involved in these things very directly, I would think. And Ryan gets it right over on YouTube. He says, loud, dumb, and wrong, Oh my, oh yeah. It's just an endless sea of stuff like that in the world every day, and in social media it's it's no different. I was talking about there was there was somebody on Facebook somewhere and it was a big, long, like effort post from this person and they were like, f you, Sean, f you. You took Dano's job, and now the station is gone in West Palm and they dumped your ass. And I'm and I go, well, sometimes we don't hear about this, but I'm pretty are you sure we haven't been dumped by that station yet? I looked at I checked, and I'm like, nah, we're still on. You know, you might be right down the road, cowboy, but for now you're dumb, law or wrong and loud, all right, for now you're in that category. I just love when people post with that Today's country that's no, you're a liar. You never know. No, it's a great station in West pomp which we love them, we appreciate him. And they called on the demise of it a little too fast. I just on a day when there is uncertainty, AM always going to do this just so you know, like, if I think there's a chance one of our affiliates is going to flip, we got to be the final word, just so you guys know. On a Dallas station that we were on. We were on a station in Dallas called The Freak, and it was a great station, really like a really cool thing that they were doing in a major market. It was a fun try.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they were They had all the right ideas, They had a very fun like, they had a great fan base. Those people, those people with the Freak were fun as hell.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 3: Company went, we're not even gonna give it a year and we're gonna flip it back to the Eagle, and here we are.
Speaker 1: So we were the last show that was being broadcast on the last day of ninety seven won the Freak. And I had heard that the Shoe was gonna drop rip your freaking traffic. So I just start burning it all down, and I'm like, hey, it's the last day, subscribe to the podcast to forget this day, you know, just burn it all down on the last day. So that's kind of what I was aiming for, just in case all hell broke loose in West Palm. But loud, dumb, wrong guy, I think you got it wrong on this one. At least for now, you might be able to come back and circle around with the celebration. But it's a great station that lives on for the moment. Okay, this is pretty funny to me because everybody in the world could have seen this coming. But I love it. Let's go back to this scandal that's been playing out for a little while for the Washington Redskins. If you haven't been following the Washington they're the commanders now, well, hang on, we're going on a journey here, Silan. The Washington Redskins were wrapped up in all of that stuff in the twenty twenties and where things were getting their names changed, and we were going after like Aunt Jemima and you know, all of the stuff. Pancake companies were having to change logos, you get it. All that was happening, and the Washington Redskins were taking a lot of heat for that, and so they buckled and they go, we're going to change our name. And then the most hilarious thing that was straight out of a Saturday Night Live skit. They changed their name to the Washington Football Team.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, I think if you were smart, especially if you lived in the area collecting that merch would have been it would have been a good move, because years from now, we're going to look back on and be like, remember that time that they called it just the Washington Football teams.
Speaker 1: Stupid name. Yeah, I love I love that they did that. And then they said, well, this is just a placeholder name, and now we're going to our real name. We're going to be the Washington Commanders. And so they became the Washington Commanders and they put all of their information out there, and people were like, it's not as good. You should have just stayed with the Washington Redskins whatever. You know, people were split on this, some people liked it, I'm sure, but now they're in trouble again. This story from USA Today says a new Washington Commander's logo featuring a spear, has drawn criticism from Native American organizations and prominent people in Native American communities. The team posted images of a new alternate logo on social media accounts. They show a spear intertwined with the team's W on a helmet. The W is their primary logo. The Washington Commander's decision to update their logo is disappointing and inappropriate, to say the least. This group, said the Association on American Indian Affairs. I don't know who they are, what's going on, but that's what the group has called it. That was complaining. It's time to stop repeating this cycle and listen to Native peoples who have been clear, consistent, and unwavering on this issue. We are not your mascot. For the record, that's not true at all. It's not clear, consistent, and unwavering. This is one group and what they think. As far as I know, the Seminole tribe is kind of thrilled with fsu uh huh, and the Seminole Tribe have done real well as a result. I don't know who the hell these people are, but some of the groups of you know, Native Americans are on board with this, and they don't really mind this tough, but I guess they they launched out this new logo and it's got the helmet and it's got a spear, and even just the spear. They were like, no, well only say if I ever bring it up for this streamers, Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that they're even getting near anything Native American related.
Speaker 1: You know, just really though, look at this, is that like does that even strike you as just an arrow? That's what I think.
Speaker 3: But I don't look at logos and try to find everything wrong with them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's because all they want is something that's not just a letter on this side of their helmet. They're like, please help us out.
Speaker 3: We were the Washington football team for a handful of years. I would I would be remiss in attacking this story without also pointing out a faux pas that they made. Let's see what year was this, twenty twenty two. This actually the tweet came out on my birthday, which I think was an NFL football Sunday. Because outside of the Washington Commander's game, they had an official team truck selling official team merchandise, and one of the things was a coffee mug that had the Washington w that you see there no spear, and it was inside the outline of the state of Washington, which was a big mess up because as you know, the Washington Commanders are not in the state of Washington. They're in Washington, DC. Who's running things over there? Get it together. Another piece of merchandise that I think would have been highly collectible, because as soon as somebody called them out on their stuff, they quickly swiftly removed these from the shelves and never sold them again.
Speaker 1: Black Mark on YouTube says, if I lose my chiefs name and arrowhead, I'm gonna flip TF out. I think you're good for now. I mean, look again, I think this is probably one fairly fringe group for my guessing, and most people don't really care because this says new alternate logo, it's not even the main logo for the Washington Commanders. It says spear and w interweave at their centers, a powerful joining of past and present, and it says the spearhead symbolizes those leading the fight. The design that captures the forward focused spirit of a spirit of the commander, a leader of warriors and then they show the new design for the commanders on the helmet. I just think it's a message where you just got a here's what you need to do, no matter what you're doing in the world, no matter what you have going on, if you're creating stuff and putting things out there, just sit there and take a moment and go what's the right thing to do and what's the wrong thing to do. Once you decide what is the morally right thing to do and the decent thing to do, do that thing and don't look back. Don't worry about everybody chirping about everything, because trust me, once they start chirping at you, if you apologize, they're just going to keep chirping over and over and over and over again until you do whatever next thing they want you to do right. Like it's it's all insane and so to me, I don't have an issue. If you do, you can let us know. But and some people think this is going to be another round of teams and stuff having to change the names. I don't think so. I thinks mostly people and I could see in some of the chat comments people are over these kind of things, and now it's just the folks left who are like, I can still complain about this and get a headline or two. So is there a response? Sure, but it's from like five people, and you know it's not a representative thing for everybody who's Native American to begin with. Give us your thoughts though, Go over to the website, which is thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, all right, we are going to get into the story I teased before the break really quickly. Here did we hit that segment? I just did? Okay, good, I forgot. I forget. Sometimes you just did it. Just nothing just happened. You know, memory works on a show like this very poorly. The moment the words escape my mouth, I'm like, wait, what do we just do the last segment about? But this is what I teased before the break, So I do want to pay this off real quick. And this is about an AI scam that's making the rounds. I think this is so messed up, and I want to prevent anybody from being scam by this. And you said it's on next door, right, it's on next door, but it's on social media outlet's. But next door seems to be a big target because it's for people who have lost their dogs. And I might be wrong on this, but you guys can probably back me up. I feel like a lot of people tend to go to next door when they lose their pat next door and the ring neighbors app seems to be kind of like.
Speaker 3: The Neighbor's app is like, why are there cops at this intersection? There's a suspicious looking person in my neighborhood and I lost my dog or I have to get rid of my dog.
Speaker 1: Will somebody adopt him? Right? In these cases, I think that makes sense. You're talking to the people right around you. You want to get your dog back. I can't even imagine. It sucks so bad to have an animal that's lost. But that's why this is so gross and wrong. And the AI scam that's going around is targeting people who lose their dogs and post it online. Here's an example from Chain six. An emotional reunion unfolded in Deltona, Florida, after a family was reunited with their beloved dog Archer, days after he went missing, and after they say they were targeted by a disturbing scam involving artificial intelligence. Archer is a great name for a dog. Litton cousins said the ordeal began late Saturday night after returning home from an Orlando Solar Bears game. When we got home, usually the dogs are there to welcome you, but this time only one dog came instead of three. The family quickly realized their eleven year old beagle mix Archer, was missing, and they spent hours searching the neighborhood. So this is what we all do, right, we all go out there in the neighborhood, we look around for the dog, et cetera, et cetera. Then you start posting on social media. You go, here's a photograph of my dog. I want you to keep an eye off for it. Hell, we'll give you a reward if you could find it. And this is where the scam comes in. The next morning, they received a phone call from somebody claiming to have found Archer. The caller said the dog had been hit by a car and need an emergency surgery. The first thing we were thinking is, oh my god, somebody found him, then we need to do emergency surgery. Do we have authorization? And we said yes, obviously, right, I mean obviously. Things took a turn when the caller demanded more than two thy seven hundred dollars for the procedure and insisted the payment be made using gift cards. The family asked for proof that they had the dog, and he sent us a picture in there it was my dog laying on the operating table. And what they did was they're taking the photos that people post of their dogs when they're missing them, and they're putting them through AI. Oh gross, and they're saying take this dog now in AI. It as if it's on like the operating table at a veterinary clinic. And then people are utilizing that to go we got your dog, but we need a payment from you right now. Heroin Bob saying, man, f the people who do this. There's a couple of people on my terrible human being right now. Anybody who engages in this, you are a piece of I'll have to stop myself. You are an absolutely, you're human trash personified if you're trying to go after people and take their money who have missing dogs. But they're utilizing the technology to rope people in. It was like it look convincing. At first. They said his fur looked a little bit different and there was like an X ray in the background. But they went for it, you know. I guess later that afternoon and neighbor told the family he saw a woman pick up Archer after he got loose in the yard. Days later, the same woman with the vehicle return dropping him off at the house. So they got the dog back. Is the good news. But you gotta be aware of this, and I want you to do something for me this weekend. All right. I want you to go tell your parents and older people in your life and people who are not very savvy about this. Hey, if your peg goes missing, please remember that this is something that people can and will do. It's disgusting, but they'll take the missing animal photo, they will use AI and they will pretend like they have your animal, and they'll try to get thousands of dollars out of you for vet bills. Just make people aware. That's how we shut down these scams at the source. I hope you'll do that this weekend. Tell somebody you heard it here, all right, quick break, when we come back, we got a little message coming across from the Just CALLMO, folks. I think you're gonna like this. It's gonna be real nice on a Friday for some of you, and we'll get into what it is, because that's coming up next. I'm going to use junkie. Appreciate you hanging out with us today, Appreciate all the emails and the dispatches, and we'll work in some of those along the journey to day. One thing I wanted to get into. I just want to throw this out for all of the people who are getting involved in this, because I think we need to have just like we need to have conversations with our older friends. And somebody was just saying after the last story being about this AI scam, which is so horrific, like it's horrific, where people decide, Hey, what we're going to do is when people post their missing pets on social media platforms, we're going to take photos of the pets, use AI to put that pet inside of Vets operating room and tell them we've found the animal, but it's been hit by a vehicle and they need to send us a couple thousand dollars right now, the idea that people could scoop up money like that and fall asleep at night. I wish all the worst nightmares upon you. I do, I truly do. I wish you the worst If that's what you're what you're doing. But somebody in Chad said, yeah, we have a gathering that happens like a weekly or monthly gathering where a bunch of elderly people from the neighborhood are hanging out, and there's time that we set aside to go over all of the AI scams and different scams that are going on targeting older people. And I thought, that's genius. That's actually a really good service, and I'm glad you're doing that. For old people, we need to tell them about scams, protect them. They're the most likely to get taken advantage of. For young people. I know some of you might think this sounds too simple, but we need to tell them some pretty obvious advice about finances. When I see a headline like this, let me bring this story up here here it is. This is real, an actual story, and it says more Americans are buying groceries using buy now, pay later, Okay, buy now, pay later to buy groceries. Not to buy a PlayStation five, not to buy you know, anything else crazy that you just can't afford to pay for all at once. Not to buy the treadmill you were looking at on Amazon, but instead to buy groceries. It says Americans are increasingly using buying out a pay later for everyday expenses like groceries.
Speaker 3: Didn't we have a story not too long ago where you could like use a firm or one of those you know, buy now, pay later or payment plans on like Chipotle.
Speaker 1: I think, so, yeah, yeah, you're like the craziness of saying, hey, I'm going to I'm going to do the buy now, pay later, and then somebody goes, oh, what you get football tickets or you're going to a concert? Is way too expensive? No groceries, and then they go they just start piling up these debts all over the place. So there's a lot of people who are relying on these. And if you are, if you've used these, I want to hear from you today. So tell me what you've used buy now, pay later for and if it's been a good experience for you. But I do have some information we wanted to get out there. Our friend from the just callm dot com family is with us at John Busdecker John can hear us? Are you there?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: There? He is all right?
Speaker 6: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So you got you got a nice little surprise for people here on a Friday to celebrate the weekend, if they're if they're listening to the show locally and tell everybody what's going on so you can hook them up with something for a Friday.
Speaker 6: So we are we are at dough Boys in Ovido and we are giving away free chicken parm in honor of National Chicken Parm Day, which is actually Sunday.
Speaker 1: We're celebrating early. So Mo was buying chicken parm.
Speaker 6: For anybody that shows up to dough Boys in Ovido from noon to two pm while supplies last.
Speaker 1: All right, So if they if they make their way out, if they make their way out right right now to this place, hold on, we have a bad connection with him. He's trying to get the Starbucks WiFi right now.
Speaker 3: He's hijacking the free Wi Fi in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: All right, one more time. So right now there's a setup for National Chicken Parm Day, which is not it's like Sunday or something. But if you want some free delicious food Sunday, yeah, yeah, to celebrate this before and get some that that your week was a little rough, certainly mine was. I could use a chicken palm for sure. Right, So if you want to do this, and is Moe picking up the tab? Who's paying for this? Most picking up the tab? Yeah? Okay, all right, where can people go, bus Decker? Where can they go to get this again?
Speaker 6: They have to go to dough Boys Pizza in Ovito.
Speaker 1: Do not go the long Wood location. Go to dough Boys in Ovido and we'll be here all right. Dough Boys in Ovido, Thank you. Bus Decker. There he is, he's out there right now. I'll write it down.
Speaker 3: He's doing he's doing the lord's work there giving out the free chicken partment.
Speaker 1: I had some of that chicken parm yesterday. It was very good. Oh did you really bring out to the station.
Speaker 3: Even even me and a coworker who will go unnamed may have had some five hours old chicken part and it was still very very good.
Speaker 1: Yes, still fine. Yeah. Look, it's Friday, you've worked hard. I don't want you buy now, pay latering food. I want you to go get it on mose dime. He's going out a bunch of money. He gets those big checks, you know, so he's he's got some some money coming in. Dough Boys in Ovido. Is the place where you can go do this. Let MO pay for lunch for you, a chicken palm that'll fill you up for a while. Rachel says, damn it. I wish I didn't just stuff my face. You know, my fault for telling you too late. Really my fault for telling you too late in this case. But thank you, bus Decker with everybody go out there, I said, I think you said you got two hours to go out to this location. Dough boys in Ovido get lunch on Mo as they celebrate a little bit early for a National Chicken Parmesan Day. You know, Moe's big on that. Yeah, we'll see a light of bus there he is, all right, all right, thank you, there he goes, Uh, Moe is going to join us today. But he's in Vegas. So I don't know what he got to last night. I don't know what what happened. You know how he could be in Las Vegas. You've you've seen Moses DeWitt on the move in Las Vegas. He turns into a different care is a you know, it's not it's not it's important, not important. It's never important in Vegas anyways. But he'll he'll like slid a pair of sunglasses on or something, just to let you know it's a whole different human being you're dealing with at that time. But he'll pay the tab today. So go out there, dough Boys and Ovido get a free lunch over at that location for the National Chicken Palm Day. All right, a couple of things to get to here, Let's see what we got tips to the news Junkie dot com. Kristen emails the show. She says, about that cruise case you were talking about yesterday, I've got the attorney on this who is supposed to be maybe in like the last minute of the show today joining us. So we'll see. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But Kristin's talking about the attorney that just beat Carnival Cruise Line, and Carnival Cruise Line paid out three hundred thousand dollars to this lady who had fifteen shots at tequila? Do you just blacked out? Maybe if we get a chance to ask him, he'll he'll tell us. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is one of his bigger sells because he said in the video he sues cruise lines for a living. He is a lawyer who predominantly picks up cases against cruise lines and that's his bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a decent amount of money. Maybe he has had gotten more before. But Kristin emails about that particular case where the woman didn't blame herself, she blamed the cruise line for giving her too many shots at tequila and her blocking out on the ship and hurting herself. Christin says, hey, Sean just wanted to mention in case you did do get to talk to that cruise suing attorney something I hadn't seen before. It looks like the jury found Carnival sixty percent liable. In my opinion, that makes a pretty big difference in the headline. It's still an astounding verdict, and I hope Carnival wins on appeal so they don't f with my drink package because I'm a shareholder. Okay, well for both of those reasons. Really anyway, I thought I mentioned it, She says, Kristin, thank you for the email. I didn't see that. I was wondering if there was any twis in this and like anything that would make it make more sense. But she's saying they said there was sixty percent liable does that.
Speaker 3: Mean that if they had found Carnival one hundred percent liable then he would have gotten her even more money.
Speaker 1: Possibly. We'll put that on the list for mo like, cause I haven't run into those kind of situations before. We'll see what We'll see what we can make out of that. Thank you for the email tips to the news junki dot com. Yours is coming in as well. If you want to be an honest put that right up on top of the email. It's easy enough to do. A big thanks to everybody who hung out with us last night on a brand new secret show that will be released today by five pm. All right, five pm, the new Secret Show will be posted and it was an absolute doozy. Big thanks to Snappo for the gifted subs over there on the Newsjunkie dot com. You can always subscribe on the website or gift subs to other people who are hanging out with the show right now. Do that at thenewsjunkie dot com. A lot of people responded to the buy now, pay later thing, and for me, it's like, I'm not coming down on you. By the way, if you use Klarna or a firm I've used them before, and some of them are useful. So let's say you're gonna buy something you don't want to pay for it all at once and knock it into some payments with you know, not too bad of an interest setup. If you pay it off quickly, that's fine. But sometimes people would just go, oh, you don't want real money. Oh, I could just give you buy now, pay later money. Fine, later, ME will deal with that. And then you start stacking up all of these financial issues. After I go to the casino. I'll pay this off, right, Yeah, Yeah, you're you're hanging out with Mo with the casino. Next thing. You know, there's a lot of people who end up.
Speaker 3: Doing show hanging out with Moses at the casino. No, he sits at different tables than I do.
Speaker 1: Sea Lands at the Hooters casino, at the at the two dollars hand. Yeah, time of my life. Mo's at someplace with white marble columns and a dress code. Even there the only place in Vegas where you probably can't smoke a quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you. We'll work in those dispatches. The stock market is going nuts. Things are going crazy for the World Cup. I'm very very confused as to what's happening there. But it's super interesting and another issue. I hate to say it, but on a plane and we'll see what happened there. That's coming up next on the news junk Kie. I have a question for Celia and that I believe it or not. In all the years we've known each other, I have never asked you this. I don't believe Okay. So it's all to do with this story that's going absolutely viral today and it has me asking so many questions. Got a lot of feedback on this on the chat during the break to talk about it online. You were raised a Catholic correct, sel absolutely used to play drums in my Catholic church. You so you frequented the church. You've been in there, You've done that stuff. Did you ever in any of your years give an actual confession? Wow?
Speaker 3: Oh you have, yeah, but only for things that required it. So like when you go through your your religious education in Catholic church, you know, if you're not going to say a Catholic school and you so instead you go to we called it CCD. There's probably yeah, you know a million different ways to call it. But uh, I would go like once a week and you would learn. First you're learning about your first communion, and then you learn all the stuff and then you do your first communion, and then afterwards, when you're a little older, you do your confirmation. And what the confirmation is kind of like it's kind of like a baptism that you choose, right, there's a baptism has kind of chose for you, and then you're your little baby. You can't say no, and they're just splashing.
Speaker 1: You with the water.
Speaker 3: And name her Father, Son, Holy Spirit, all that good stuff. And then the confession. So for some of.
Speaker 1: These heart of that is like you literally go into like I've seen it on TV and there's a viral story that I'm gonna talk about here in a second. That's crazy, but it's like I picture it because I've never been where you go into this sort of thing where there's a you know, a screen or something and there's a priest on the other side that you can't really see, and then it's like the son confess your sins.
Speaker 3: So I've never been in a confessional booth. Different churches do it different way. And like when you think of the movies, you think of like, you know, New York City where you go into this church and you go into a closet and there's a priest in the other closet, and then they open up the thing. I've never I've never been in that. The closest I came was like I went into a room where you had the option of just kind of sitting with the priest at a desk and talking or if you wanted to do it kind of old school. They had a little divider that I could kneel at and he would open the thing. But I've I've confessed, like I want to say, twice in my life.
Speaker 1: All right, one was that murder charge and then the other one being right, you know, with covering my neighbor's ass. So it was mostly coveting my neighbor's ass. All right, let's go to the story here that's starting this conversation. And there's a reason why I'm asking all these questions. This is from w CNC in North Carolina. I believe they're talking about what happened with this confessional, and I had not heard of a lot of these details.
Speaker 7: Their children inappropriate questions during confession late last year, have you.
Speaker 1: Seen ce Strows disappear as in studio now working on this story. You have been at it for weeks. Here, Jesse, you spoke with three different families, two of them on camera, who say their children were involved. What do they tell you?
Speaker 8: Well, these parents asked to remain anonymous to protect their children, but they say the questions their children say they were asked during confession were of sexual nature and say left their children alarmed.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me stop there. Do they ask questions? Everybody who's ever done this before? Because that's the big twist here. This person is reporting on what happened to these kids in North Carolina. The kids say the priest was like, I'm here for your confession, and then when they started confessing, the priest was like, yeah, but what about like sex stuff? Tell me, you know, tell me what you've done. Have you done this? Have you done that? And the priest was like leading them on to try to get them to answer stuff that was sexual in nature. And Isaac, I don't even know. Is it normally like an interview style thing.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to just volunteer your list of sins when you give confession.
Speaker 1: So it's not like Larry King Live when you're in there.
Speaker 3: No I would just like say, you know, I lied, and uh, I stole something from my friend or some stupid stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You're going to hell. No.
Speaker 3: Then they then they give you your your penance, like you got to say like six hail Mary's or you know, other other stuff like that, and then you're forgiven. But they never asked any questions. I don't remember. Yeah there, I don't remember any follow ups. Yeah, that's so weird. I want to hear more about what happened. I was really nervous to do it. I found the whole process kind of weird. I still find it.
Speaker 1: I still find it to be a little weird.
Speaker 3: And I've said this before, like yeah, I grew up going to a Catholic church, but I also went to a Methodist school, so I was I was getting two different versions of this. Where at church it was like you got to confess your sins and you do all this. At Methodist school it was like you just got to pray to Jesus and ask him to forgive you.
Speaker 1: You just got to tell somebody else at this church, and a lot of people on chatter saying this is not anything they've experienced before at this church. The guy would tell the younger girls like, so, tell me, have you done anything sexual? And they would ask questions about things that were sexual in nature, and these young girls are like, this doesn't seem right. Here's what happened right now.
Speaker 8: The Diocese of Charlotte says they looked into the matter and ultimately found no wrongdoing.
Speaker 9: It's so difficult when you're dealing with the Catholic Church, thinking about a century's old institution that has a very specific hierarchy.
Speaker 8: A sacred ritual at Charlotte Catholic High School under scrutiny.
Speaker 1: It's not about an indictment of the Catholic Church. It's about, you know, protecting our children.
Speaker 8: Parents say in December, a priest's questions to students during confession cross the line. He asked her if she masturbates their daughter was not alone?
Speaker 1: All right, that's got to be over the line, right. I've got to tell you if somebody is asking my child, priest or no priest, specific details like that, that's messed up. Like if I just do that on the street, isn't that is that a crime? I hate to even say some of this stuff a lot allowed, But like if I go over to a high school, and I just start asking the high school girls.
Speaker 3: Remember earlier this week when we said that that the doorbell guy, the crazy dude, got an extra charge of like annoying or molesting, which seems like so drastically different things, or as far as how bad they are that when I read through what can get you that charge, it sounds like the thing you're saying now, like going to a school and say, hey.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a catch all for what they're doing here, I would think of it.
Speaker 8: He asked my daughter if she's ever had a sexual relationship with a boy. Both parents say the questions were unprompted.
Speaker 9: She said, Mom, I was telling them about missing mass and you know, lying to you and fighting with my brother. We were not talking about anything sexual.
Speaker 1: What a creeper. He was bored. The priest in North Carolina, who's hearing this confession from the teenage girls, He's going, hey, lied, oh yeah, did you were you late for math? Cluss? He's bored, And then he's like, tell me about masturbating, tell me about that. He wanted something exciting, And the school somehow looked into this and said, nothing wrong happened. I'm sorry. They're looking at it like he asked about your sins?
Speaker 3: Are you sinning? I would wonder I did he ask you if you killed anybody? Like did you hear the young girl about all of the sins?
Speaker 1: You know, dude, if the only way out of this would be if he was literally going through a list of the sins.
Speaker 3: Let's go through the Big ten and some of their outliers, one.
Speaker 1: After another, if he was doing it, but it doesn't sound like he was just going for the creepies to just ask me that.
Speaker 8: They took their concerns to school leaders in the Diocese of Charlotte. The bishop responded with a letter saying the matter was taken seriously, but since a priest can't talk about what is said during confession, it limits what information he can learn.
Speaker 1: Oh that sometimes.
Speaker 8: People come to confession without fully preparing or reflecting on their action.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh great, so they're blaming the people for not knowing how to properly confess Number one and then number two. We were trying to interview the priest about what happened in these situations, but we can't interview them because the priest says, Look, I can't tell you what people confess to me. I can't declare anything that has happened in this confessional booth. I'm not allowed to do that. What a very convenient way out of a situation, like bit of a loophole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's found the loophole. It's like when a school netflix love loopholes. It's like butt one.
Speaker 1: It's like when the school goes there's a an employee who's flirting with some of the kids or something, and the school goes, this is actually an employee matter, and we don't comment on on staff matters to the press. And it is not really convenient that you don't have to do this. The guy's going, I can't tell you what happened, because he says in.
Speaker 8: Those cases, a priest may offer general age appropriate examples of common sense to guide the conversation. For these families, the response fell short, leaving them more frustrated.
Speaker 9: The whole letter felt a little bit like we were being gaslighted.
Speaker 8: Did not address any of the other issues whatsoever, and I felt very dismissed and I was very upset. In a statement, the Diocese of Charlotte's investigated, Yeah really, and found that priests did not violate it's policy of conduct.
Speaker 1: All right, so they said the priest wasn't in violation. So I toss it out to you, my Catholic friends listening to the show today, especially those of you who have been to a confessional. Does this sound normal or wrong to you? Does this sound like this was a creepy priest? Or this is people being too sensitive? Let us know. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. The church defending itself no surprise there, saying we investigated ourselves and nobody did anything wrong. We'll see what you think in just a moment on the show. An email coming in from Matt's in Port Saint Lucy saying to tips to the Newsjunkie dot com buy now, pay later, He goes, I've utilized buy now, pay later for concert tickets. God, what a sad state of affairs that we have to finance concert tickets, a lawnmower, car tires and repairs. Now, let me say something here. The car tires and repairs is a smart one. That is absolutely a smart one. Those are oftentimes things that will get to you and you don't have enough reserve cash and it's a surprise charge and you need to get your car. So you can get working out there, that makes sense. Do buy now, pay later on that if you can, that's fine. But groceries and some of these other things are crazy, he says, from credit card companies offering six months zero percent to PayPal doing similar I've utilized these because it's actually cheaper than the credit cards in some cases, says Matt import Saint Lucie.
Speaker 3: I would think concert tickets is a little more common. If you're doing like a festival, like some of those multi day festivals, camping kind of festivals, they have a big, big markup on that cost and you end up doing it in installments, usually a lot of times through the actual vendor of the festival itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four or five, you know, six hundred dollars sometimes sometimes you want to do that. Give us your experience and send your dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, I got to get to this airport story, believe it or not. I'm hesitant to do it on account of I know what will happen when that takes place, But we do have to take a quick break, so we're gonna do that right now. We'll get geared up for this week in Florida, which is on the way just a bit. There was a near disaster in the air though, and I'm going to play the air traffic control freak out for you. Whether I get hit with this song or not is really just beyond me at the moment. That's coming up next something news junkie. People like to make selfish decisions sometimes, and the selfish decisions will make living in public worse for other people. And I saw one of the stories that led me down this path was somebody confronting a person in a Trader Joe's and the person was just walking around with her big ass golden doodle dog in the Trader Joe's, and I go, you know what, that's why. And the publics that I go to the grocery store, they had signs up. I think. I don't know if they're still there, but I think they might be. They said no dogs, you can't bring your dogs.
Speaker 3: They have it up there for a while as like a reminder, like hey, listen, only service animals here, none of your pets.
Speaker 1: Somebody in chat was like, I just went to the grocery store the other day and there was somebody with a little dog in their hand and they were like covering the dog over the souper bowl, and I go, why aren't Why aren't we calling these people out? What maybe we should be saying, like hey, why are you bringing the dog into the grocery store. What is happening is like a weaponization of these people not caring and knowing that you're too scared to say something to them in public, like if you wear if you wear like the wrong hat or shirt or like a politic like a maga hat, someone will confront you in public. But people won't confront you if you're walking around a grocery store with a bunch of food around with a golden doodle. That's not like saving your life or something. It's just your dog. Yeah. I think also.
Speaker 3: There are companies that are too scared to confront people with pets because they either they don't understand the rules or they just maybe it's policy to have like an overabundance of caution with the rules because they're worried about some sort of ADA lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yes, And and what key West is saying on twitch Sea Lane, so they said they're big ding you, and they one hundred percent are. They're like, you won't do it. I'm going to do this thing. It's against the stated rules, but nobody wants a confrontation, so nobody's going to do it. And because these people are like, go ahead, do it, do the confrontation, and nobody wants to do the confrontation because the rest of us are good people, then they just keep doing it. They get away with it over and over and over again, and then there's a golden Doodle and the trader Jos. I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Think it wouldn't be crazy. I'm sure that just like every job, there's regular training, regular updates in your training. Like just remind these people under the Americans with Disabilities Act what they're allowed to ask. You're allowed to ask is this a service animal? And you're allowed to ask what service does the animal provide? And if they say it's an emotional support dog, you can piss off because that's not covered right.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I hate that though there might be some backlash for people who are blind and have seeing eye dogs or somebody who has an actual dog that's there for like a legitimate purpose, because some of these other people are such bad offenders. And I love dogs, I love animals, I love all this stuff. But it's just so weird to see people do that, and they're pushing the limits of what they can get away with, even if it's against the rules. They know that you don't want to confront them, they know that it makes everybody else uncomfortable, and they take advantage.
Speaker 3: So are you encouraging these places like a like a Publix to call people out or I think people should call them other customers.
Speaker 1: I think people should call them out. There's got to be a good.
Speaker 3: Way to do it, because there are places that allow dogs that you kind of don't necessarily think of bringing your dogs to. Like for example, I had a friend that worked at a particular liquor store that's a pretty popular chain, and she was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, bring Lexi. We would we'd love to see her. Bring her. Well, you don't get your vodka. And I think that's great. I love it. I've brought Lady our dog to places like that, dig It. I'm with it.
Speaker 3: I think either Home Depot or Low's or perhaps both are pet friendly.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong. That's fine too. All of those things are great. The problem is when there's the places that they know aren't and they go too bad. What you're going to do about it, come confront me. I'll start screaming at you all. Bring my camera out. I'll go this guy's harassing me in the middle of the grocery store, and they'll make up a bunch of stories. If everybody's afraid of confrontations from people breaking social code, and I think we need to call out more people breaking social codes. I think we do. I think if we do, it'll make them think twice about doing it. Right now, you're thinking twice about saying something to them. Instead, Let's make them think twice about doing the thing that makes everybody else's experience and outcomes worse. I think that would be better. All right, A couple of things we've got to get into here. Sorry, I just saw that and revived in an old argument in me where I'm like, why are people doing this? I take issue with this. I take issue with this comment. But tell me what you think. This is the President of the United States of America and he was speaking at a no tax on Tips event in Las Vegas, Nevada. Not sure if that's where our friend mo is or not, but maybe you mean at the no tax on Tips event. Yeah, he's in Vegas. We know he's out in Vegas doing something right now. But Trump was out there and he made a statement, and I said, I think this is not right. I feel like, what do you what do you even saying here? Here? He is addition to.
Speaker 4: An addition to no text on Social Security open fifty one million seniors now pay seniors are seniors are loving me, and I love them. Of course, of course I'm not a senior, so you know, oh, okay, cater to the seniors, but I don't happen to be a senior myself, Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Mun I was going to stop here. What's the definition of a senior? Is it? I'm if you look this up and I'm in senior territory, I literally will walk out on this week. I will say see you later. I've bled enough this week. I can't take it anymore. Says forty three year old old. I knew you're or older. So he's one one hundred senior. It's like, absolutely positively a senior. Yes, by every stretch of the imagination or definition of it. But yeah, I saw that. I was like, I think that's wrong, probably trolling, and I'm sure people are all saying sixty five and up. Does it mean does it mean that you're getting like Social Security? Is that like one of the indicators that you would be a senior.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think just being eligible for Social Security? What's the age of that is that? Is it sixty five for Social Security?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's getting older. Actually, though they've been trying to cat up further.
Speaker 3: Social Security retirement benefits are available as early as age sixty two, though this results in reduced payments. Full retirement age or FRA, which provides one hundred percent of the benefits, is for sixty seven if you were born after nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, I got ARP at fifty. That's wild out there. My husband is sixty at the end of the month. Tjai, you could call Tjai in chat over. Checked out the Neewsjunkie dot com and boots he did. They said a senior citizen is typically defined as an individual sixty to sixty five, often eligible for retirement off its homeboys eighty something. So yeah, he's one hundred percent in that category. Just for the record, let us know what you think, Senator dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com.
Speaker 3: Unless we have a category that's older than senior that we've we've missed out on, and that he's there.
Speaker 1: One I don't think, so is there like okay, there would be like senior and then elderly. Is elderly a new category when you get there. I'm not sure if that's actually a category or just a thing that you say to define that somebody's evil older than I said, what comes after senior citizen? And it says death's shut up brutal After senior citizen.
Speaker 3: Terminology often shifts based on age, health, and functionality. Common terms for later stages include elder often associated with increased age or frailty, septagenarium, octagenarian, nonagenarium, centenary, centenarium, that's super eighty ninety, Yes.
Speaker 1: And on up. All right, let's do it. I teased this, so let's get back on a plane. Unfortunately, Oh yeah, to me, right now, he's not prepared. Surprise. That's not a surprise either, as long as it flies insane and as you might a guess, we're back.
Speaker 9: On a plane.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it looks like there was a near miss, a close call at an airport in Louisville, Kentucky. I believe, and this crash was a close call between a UPS plane and a another aircraft went down about twelve ten am, so very early in the morning of Tuesday, and there was a flight that was instructed to do a go around, and I guess they started. I guess it got kind of crazy. I have and listen to the audio. Yet, let's see if it lives up or if it doesn't.
Speaker 7: But here it is Muhamad Ali Airport this week after a UPS plane had to dodge another plane. The FAA tells us this happened just after midnight on Tuesday. They say air traffic control had to tell that UPS plane to perform a go around maneuver after another plane turned onto the runway without permission. The two planes maintained separation and did not make contact. It comes five months after that deadly UPS plane crash at Louisville's.
Speaker 1: Air That's why they're bringing this up because there was a very very bad accident at this place. They didn't play any of the ATF stuff.
Speaker 3: When was the plane crash at Louisville Because the one that I was thinking of that she was going to reference would.
Speaker 1: Be was that JFK or LaGuardia with the fire truck. There have been a couple. There was one that was at DC. Are you talking about the one with the helicopter? Are you talking about ups in particular?
Speaker 3: No, the plane that was landing and you know, the fire truck had turned onto the runway and you know the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pilot's got smash right into it. I forgot where that was. There's been so many of these issues that have happened in the last La Guardia four months or so that it kind of runs into each other here. But in this case it was ups flight. I guess. I guess the flight had to pull up like a thousand feet or at least one of them did. I don't have the ATF audio. I'll try to find that at some point in time. But apparently was another one of these very very close calls and things got really rough there for a second. And to avoid the song yet again, might as well just get this out of the way. Let's just do it now. Let's just get it out of the way, because there are some problems with Spirit Airlines that have people talking this weekend, here we go.
Speaker 10: So what happens if the reports are true and Spirit is forced to liquidate, essentially shutting down Historically, when that has happened, airlines essentially go away overnight. So there is the potential if Spirit is told to cease operations and liquidate, flyers will be stranded. Other airlines already have plans in place to offer what they call rescue fares, discounted one way fares to get people home, but there is the potential if a worst case scenario plays out in the coming days, the flyers will want to have at least some idea of a backup plan.
Speaker 1: So they're saying, if you buy Spirit Airlines tickets right now, the company could literally disappear while you're in the air, and then you land and you have a connection or something, and then they go Spirit Airlines. Who are you talking about? If somebody grabs the sign out of the gate and just hauls asked with the Spirit logo and goes off into the night, they are going to possibly dissolve the company while some of these people are in the air.
Speaker 3: You know what happens if you're in the air when they do that, they don't have a gate to go to. They just land and they have this It's true, isn't it. No No I just made that up that.
Speaker 1: No I think that's true. If they don't, if they don't exist as a company, then they don't. They're not able to operate the gate in that moment, and then they would have to wait and figure out how to deplane these people to block general aviation or something. Hold on, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 10: Let's se what the guy says, another way to get home if they need it. Spirit says it's business as usual. They're continuing to operate their flights, They're continuing to accept bookings, new reservations. But we understand some of the bankrupt airlines creditors are starting to have doubts about the long term future of Spirit, their ability to get back to profitability, especially because of this surge in fuel prices that have nearly doubled since the start of the year.
Speaker 1: So there you go. The fuel price is more expensive, things are rough, they're running too thin. You might be on a Spirit Airlines flight and then presto bango when it lands, your connection doesn't exist anymore. Do you think that right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, they're already a budget airline, But if you bought a Spirit Airline ticket today, you are gambling with that trip, right.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's cheap. We should be getting a real solid deal.
Speaker 3: I would say I should be getting a might not fly at all discount.
Speaker 1: All right, let's say if I want to go to Austin, Texas. All right, what are you gonna give you? I'm gonna go to Austin, Texas four hundred and nineteen dollars? Well, that's just what is that only one way? You guys are barely a company, right, nineteen bucks? Is that is that round trip? Or no, that's just one way. I'm gonna take the cheapest fare four hundred nineteen dollars and then on the way back cheapest fare three hundred and seventy four dollars. So two flights, it's not even what it is NonStop, I guess two flights seven hundred ninety two dollars on an airline that might disappear.
Speaker 3: Are how many bags are you checking? How are you getting the seven hundred nine two bucks?
Speaker 1: That's just from the picking the department flight and the return flight. That's it. I didn't even put anything down for those are the value versions of the flights for Spirit Airlines. The hell's going on over there? I would have thought that you would say, hey, forty nine bucks wherever you want to fly. Make this like the megabus thing for a while. Well, there's not a lot of trust in what you have going on over there. All right, that's not what you think.
Speaker 3: I'm searching now, I could get on well Spirit that says that's a one stop try to try to go to New York City.
Speaker 1: Right, that's Spirit or just in general on Spirit on spirit a right, Spirit air spirits that come. Yeah, it should be if you Tanya says, you were always gambling with Spirit anyways, if you're going into New York City, there's it should never be that expensive for a Spirit flight. No, I mean that's that's a disaster. This is a budget airline for god, say MCO New York City, all right, New York City, oak cedy Uh kinda go to La Guardia Saturday to Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a nice little thing. Search for flights. See I'm getting two hundred dollars this year.
Speaker 1: See that's better. That's I was going to Austin, Texas. So maybe it's a little more expensive in that hub, and maybe the fuel costs is a little bit more. Also, sport Johnson said it's going to be more expensive if you fly same day. That's that's true. I was looking for like the immediate flights, which would be more expensive, but I would be iffy about flying them right now. If you're over there on the spirit side of things, let us know, send us a dispatch at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right to your feedback when we return. We're getting into your comments, your emails. We're getting geared up for it this week in Florida, folks. The time is away of that spirit story. We have possibly this this cruise ship attorney who might be joining us a little bit later on in the show, and a whole lot more twists and turns on the way it's coming up next. News Junkie, I can't believe this is controversial though. On the chat side of things, during the break, I'll get to this World Cup story about how everything seems to be spiraling for the World Cup in a moment, and even if you're not into sports, there's some interesting details there. But I was telling people on chat on school mic during the breaks. You can watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie Seeland. I was telling them about there's a story right now that's transfixing the people of Australia. They don't have a lot going on over there. They're worried about running out of oil soon because of this Aaran stuff, but they don't have a lot going on over there, and they're transfixed because there's security footage that's gone viral on all the social media platforms in Austin. Right it's and it is. It shows this poor guy. I'm not going to show you the video because why I feel so bad for this dude. It shows this poor guy. He's walking down the street and he looks around frantically, and then all of a sudden, he goes over to this person's lawn and he just drops his drawers and uses the restroom number two. Jillyray. He goes quickly and then he just zoomed me flies out of there and all these I thought people would agree on this, but they have not agreed on this. I don't think you should be doing this for fun. I don't think this should be something that people should be doing as a prank. But we can at least excuse it. I think in the most insane set of circumstances where this becomes an emergence, we.
Speaker 3: Have a friend of the show who this happened to very recently. I don't believe it was a toozy, but there was an extreme situation. Did you see our friend Eric, the truck driver who was stuck in that huge, like eight hour backup because because the truck on I seventy five like overturned.
Speaker 1: It was a big like like.
Speaker 3: Semi truck turned on I seventy five and blocked the entire direction of traffic, like every lane.
Speaker 1: So he's sitting there stuck like the Rim music video. It was a very moving, very everybody hurts. And he's a little set up man.
Speaker 3: He's got a he's got a truck, he's got a little like a little bunker in there. He could just lay in bed and wait for this thing to clear out. But he said that he he said there was some some blonde lady that just took a little squat behind his wheel. Well, everybody was stuck in traffic for like eight hours. People gotta go, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody said in Chad like, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I know that sounds like a very childish thing, but all I'm saying is, can we reserve judgment in the most insane of circumstances like. It doesn't mean that this person is is always some terrible villain from a cartoon or something. It could be in some cases like haven't you guys gone on that run where you get out and you're a little far away from your house and you start feeling and you go, oh, this is not good. I don't know what I'm gonna need to do. I said, I've thought of this before. I've been I saw a pond nearby where I was, and I was gonna go into the pond up to my waist and just pretend like I was like going for a little swim in the middle of my my walk, and you know whatever, you're gonna got into the pond. You don't know what's in that pond, I know, but I know what was gonna be into the pond. Afterwards, I knew that I had to act fast. And now the whole country, everybody in Australia is like, who is he? Do we know who this man is? Who is the man pooper? Who is the mad pooper? Who is the man who did this? And I know that you have all been in a position like this at some point in time, So I want us to withhold judgment A right, Okay, I just the guy deserves a little bit more then for everybody to be thinking he should be arrested and hanged in the public square. But here we are. Let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. And here's the story about the World Cup. And this is crazy. Here's what's happening. If you take a train from Penn Station in New York to the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, it usually costs twelve dollars to go from Penn Station to New Jersey, and that's where a lot of the World Cup action is going to be. There's some of the games taking place in this Jersey's MetLife Stadium, and usually it costs twelve dollars for you to ride one way and get to Jersey from Penn Station get to this MetLife Stadium. They are jacking up the prices for the World Cup and people who are traveling on this path to Jersey from New York because of the World Cup are going to have to pay not twelve dollars each way, but one hundred and fifty dollars each way, which is a one thousand percent jump in fares. And I heard from some people today on the chatroom chat dot thenewsjunkie dot com, and they're big into sports and soccer, and some people were suggesting that this is because FIFA takes all the money and some of the states don't get enough of it, Like New York might be getting somebody for the World Cup, but New Jersey's not getting enough. So New Jersey goes, all right, if you're not going to pay us enough, we're going to make it one hundred and fifty dollars each way for people to take the train to come see the games for the World Cup. And it's sort of like a hostage negotiation move or something.
Speaker 3: It's weird because it doesn't sound illegal, like it sounds wrong, but it doesn't sound like they're violating any sort of Would there be any legal protect for train fairs?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. Like, here's what started this. The Governor New Jersey is it Mickey Cheryl Mikie the governor of New Jersey, Mikey or Mickey Cheryl, who inherited the FIFA contract, which he took office in January. The FIFA contract was from eight years ago and the governor of New Jersey said, Hey, we just can't let this happen. We've we've got a problem here, and now they're talking about tickets costing as much as ten thousand dollars right, so it's just absolutely out of control here and list see is there are more details about this. This is from Channel four in New York. Let's see what they say about the World Cup just imploding in terms of prices and stuff for dollars for round trip tickets from Penn Station to MetLife Stadium.
Speaker 4: News Force Chris Jose is live at Penn Station tonight with more on the controversial report.
Speaker 2: Chris, talk about sigger shock here, guys, lots of questions on this one.
Speaker 5: There's still plenty of unknown.
Speaker 2: Specifically, a round team ticket from New York Penn Station to MetLife Stadium on a game day will cost you right around twelve dollars and ninety cents, But according to a report from the New York Times, that same ticket will cost you one hundred dollars during.
Speaker 1: The World Cup.
Speaker 2: This statement right here from NJ Transit this afternoon, telling us the ticket prices for match stage travel have not been finalized, however, as the Governor has clearly stated the costs for the eight matches will not be will not be borne by our regular commuters. We can't confirm that the overall cost of the agency is approximately forty eight million dollars for the eight matches.
Speaker 1: Wow, eight eight World Cup games. And it's forty eight million dollars for them to hold these eight World Cup games. I'm sure it'll bring a lot of people into town. I'm sure it will. But now they're even saying it's going to go a step further and they're not going to allow anybody who does doesn't have a ticket to a World Cup game to even ride the train to begin with. What if you're just trying to get to work too bad when the World Cup is on, You're screwed. You just have to you got to go another way. I got Uber all the way to Jersey. Let us know what you think about this. It sounds like it's spiraling out of control ahead of the World Cup. I want to hear what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, quick note, you'll see some changes eking into the show starting next week. We'll talk more about what those changes are and what's going to happen and some different things that are going to be moved around. I'm excited about these changes. Is the only good thing that's happened in the last week or so. But people freak out whenever anything changes. I think it's all gonna be good stuff. You guys will have your saying it, but I'm just letting you know now, all right, next week on the show, expect some changes. There'll be some things that are different around here as of next week, and I just wanted to put that on your radar right here in the dead center of the show. When we come back, We're gonna do this week in Florida with Christopher Dolores Lane himself, the man, the myth, the legend. We'll see what happens with that because that's coming up next in the News Junkie. Wherever we go the podcast shall be, so make sure you subscribe for free over at thenewsjunkie dot com. This week in Florida. In just a moment here on the show, see Lane appears to be ready. I am. I never know. He's like flipping through papers over there.
Speaker 3: So I'm asking my stories in an order that would be both compelling and make a little bit of sense put together some things that are related.
Speaker 1: You know, is there an algorithm to this for this Week in Florida.
Speaker 3: It's a very loose algorithm. It's in my head. I don't even understand it, but it makes sense to somebody.
Speaker 1: You bought the whole seat, you only need the edge. Let's do it. Let's do this Week in Florida's giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the States. It's this Week in Florida. That's right, the weekend is here.
Speaker 3: It's time to take a trip around the Sunshine State see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so, the seven days that started four months ago. It's this Week in Florida, and we start at Florida's beloved grocery store, Publics. Where we started Publics. We're going to Publics because not only a.
Speaker 1: Song for publics instead of back in the back on a.
Speaker 3: Plane, stop trying to get rid of my plane song. It's a brilliant song. But publics, as we learned earlier Tom Holland that tried out their pub subs while pitching your sort kind of hocking his his non alcoholic beer. But there's another public's offering that has been off the shelves for a couple of years now that people want back, and they've taken to the internet, to the place that you go on the internet when you want to get things done, and that has changed dot org because there is a position and there are thousands that are demanding publics bring back the hurricane cakes. Flordas less than two weeks away from hurricane season. For many, that means it's almost time for cakes. Hurricane cakes to be specific from click Orlando. The longtime stable of Public's grocery stores went away in the year twenty twenty two after Hurricane Ian, Public saying it is our company policy not to produce bakery cakes that would make light of a natural disaster.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So this was another one of those things in twenty twenty one. In twenty twenty two, they got swept up and all the craziness and all of a sudden, they made hurricane cakes seem like they were controversy. When if you just sat in a public and talked to every single customer and said, do you have a problem with this, none of them would say that is a problem. They would care, you know.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to downplay natural disasters. They didn't want to make light of hurricanes, even though plenty of Floridians spend the hurricane.
Speaker 1: Making light of it. Have you ever had one or no a hurricane party, a hurricane cake? I have not. I don't really eat cake. I love cake, but.
Speaker 3: Last time I had a cake with I like ice cream cake, but I don't think that was with the hurricane. Then the hurricane cakes they had a fun little hurricane design on them.
Speaker 1: They said, go away.
Speaker 3: You know you're getting the cake to sort of encourage the hurricane to back off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's one I'm still looking at. It's like I's got a hurricane spinning on it, and they says go away. Yeah yeah, he says. Often features pineapple, coconut and pecans baked with yellow or chocolate cake mix, and people swear by him, like.
Speaker 3: You lost me at the coconine. Don't like eating coconut stuff. But hurricanean made landfall in Florida September twenty twenty two is a Category four storm, causing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage and resulting in the deaths of over one hundred people. And after that public said, hey, maybe we shouldn't make these cakes, but there are a large number of people who would beg to differ. In fact, forty one thousand, two hundred and sixteen verified signatures are on this change dot org petition that says, once upon a time, publics gave us something magical hurricane cakes.
Speaker 1: Not just delicious.
Speaker 3: These cakes were edible, morale boosters, a winka laugh, and a little comfort as we stocked up on bottled water and batteries and lots of alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reasons, I might as well say we can't have that right, No, not to let us celebrate the hurricane.
Speaker 3: We're calling on publics to bring back the hurricane cake for the joy, the tradition, and the morale of the communities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Let's make hurricane season just a little bit sweet again. Over forty thousand signatures on the petition to return the hurricane cake.
Speaker 1: I say, what's it hurting? You know?
Speaker 3: What is even somebody who probably would had a lot of property damage because of a hurricane. I don't think walks by the table of hurricane cakes and get super triggered.
Speaker 1: Now I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think yet again, it's another one of these things that I could say, I could bring together people on the left and on the right, and I could go, this is a hurricane cake. It's a tradition. Do you have any problem with this? And nobody would be upset. But for a couple of years there we let people on social media outlets direct what we could buy and what we couldn't buy, and what companies were called, and stuff.
Speaker 3: Goes back down to the very simple idea of voting with your wallet. If you don't like it, buy it exactly. Plenty of people don't. I don't buy it because I don't like cakes, or.
Speaker 1: Personally, I'm gonna get a fudge of the whale instead. That's just me, that's just the decision that I'm enjoy your fudgie down in Miami Dade County.
Speaker 3: The one of the stars of Real Housewives in Miami, which I don't think I've seen an episode of Real Housewives of anything like. That's just one television franchise I am completely disconnected from. I've seen people from Real Housewives appear in other things like Traders or other reality shows where they tend to, you know, dip in the pool of all these different franchises. But I don't know much about the Real Housewives in Miami, but this story out of Miami is kind of nuts.
Speaker 1: This lady, Lisa Hochstein. Hochstein.
Speaker 3: She was released on bond Wednesday after turning herself into authorities following allegations she secretly recorded her celebrity plastic surgeon ex husband during their contentious divorce proceedings. Now, there are some things that could have been avoided here by the ex husband. I don't know if he's just trying to have things amicable, even though it definitely says contentious divorce proceedings, all right, But they say she was greeted outside the jail by friends and two of her Real Housewives castmates as she left, saying, I just love them all. I love my fans. She sent them well wishes, but she didn't comment directly on the allegations.
Speaker 1: What are the allegations, you ask, what are the allegations?
Speaker 3: On March nineteenth, court filing states that Hochstein and her ex boyfriend Jody Glidden are each facing one count of interception of wire oral or electronic communications. They say that Lisa Hochstein asked her ex husband if she could borrow his silver twenty twenty three Mercedes Mayboch GLS six hundred SUV because she was thinking of purchasing her own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When she borrowed the car, her and her boyfriend at the time placed a listening device a recording device in the driver's seat floorboard so she could see what this guy's been talking about, who's been talking to According to the warrant, a total of ninety eight recordings were recover from the device, including a conversation between Lisa Hochstein and her ex boyfriend Jody Glidden as the device was being wrestled into place, in addition to conversations between Lenny Hokestein and others he spoke to while in his vehicle. A detective recovered deleted recordings from the advice, including a recording of Lisa Hochstein and her boyfriend at the time, Jody Glinten, engaged in intimate activities in the car. Not only did she borrow her ex husband's car, she screwed her boyfriend in it. After turning on the recorder that they placed under the floorboard to spy on this guy.
Speaker 1: Wow, and their divorce was finalized. These two did not end well.
Speaker 3: It seems I'm getting a lot of crazy, lot of red flags for this woman, but I'm sure that's just one of the things that makes her a perfect specimen for the Real Housewives of Miami. Elsewhere in Florida, they are just making it rain jail sentences, prison sentences, and for good reasons. Disturbing videos they say have landed the Central Florida man in prison for over two hundred years. A Lake County man has been sentenced to that time in prison after being caught in an undercover sting operation nearly three years ago. In a release on Wednesday, officials said the man identified as John Marshluski was convicted on fifteen counts of possessing child pornography. Case stems back to May of twenty three, when the five day sting ended with him and several other men being taken into custody of the disturbing videos. This is State Attorney Bill Gladson speaking. The defendant possessed of very young children being abused. One was less than two years old, just a toddler. The mere thought of someone abusing a toddler or any child is sickening and that's why he gets two hundred years yep in prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an under the prison type of guy for me. And I won't say much about this, but there is a very vile story this week about a FEDEC the one you tweeted about. You read that? Did you read that tweet? Yes? Oh my god? Oh? Like just so you know, I'm not for the death penalty personally. I think people should get life in prison. I don't want the state to make the mistake, even one time, of accidentally executing an innocent person. And I think there is the possibility that not only has happened, but does happen. And that aside the person who did this in that FedEx case and the person you just mentioned, don't care what happens to him. No, don't care what happens to the vile scum of the earth, disgusting, subhuman individuals that do these things. I say, let the parents of the victims rip them limb from limb and it's not going to make me shed a tear.
Speaker 3: Let them choose, let them be creative in how they dispatch with this particular man also getting a lot of time in prison. The leader of the Blood affiliated sex money murder gang, which is a gang I was previously unaware of, has received I have life sentences after his capture earlier this year and a release. State officials say the man identified as Hernando Thompson Junior, thirty six, of Orlando. He was convicted after a Polk County trial back in January due to his leadership role in the gang. Jury deliberated for only an hour in a case that found him guilty of racketeering, conspiracy to commit racketeering, and three counts of directing criminal gang activities. Had never heard of that charge before. Directing criminal gang activities is landing this man with five life sentences.
Speaker 1: It's weird that just.
Speaker 3: Like that list of things, probably some awfulness in there, as gang activity tends to be, but just on paper, doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the two hundred counts for the two hundred years for the man with all the child born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you were growing up.
Speaker 3: Were you you much of a car person as a kid?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 3: No, Do you have friends that were like I have my dream car mapped out this year, must with this trim and this color and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh coy my friend's down the street would take their own engines apart and they would do all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I read this next story and immediately reminded me of my friend Donnie in high school because his dream car was a Supra. Like he loved the Supra. I don't even know who makes the Super is that to make Toyota Toyota? Okay, Toyota Super?
Speaker 1: He bought one.
Speaker 3: He was fixing it up for the longest time. I don't know how much he actually drove it, but he loved that Toyota Supra. And a woman who's been pulled over and arrested under the new super speeder law. It says she was drunk here too, but she was going one hundred and twenty three miles an hour in her Supra and she told police she thought she could because of the Supra she was driving. Sierra Lopez blew a point two to three, almost three times the legal limit, which she was pulled over in Benita Springs Lee County Sheriff's Office. Body camera footage shows a deputy ordering her to turn the car off off and get out of the car, which she said belonged to the male passenger. When she was asked why she was speeding, Lopez blamed it on the car, saying, quote, honestly, it's just because he has a Supra, and then I thought it was all right to go fast and everything end quote. A deputy responded, I'm aware, but unfortunately turn around for me. She was booked into jail on the speeding charge, and I'm guessing at DUI. It doesn't say much about the DUI part, but they definitely got her on that new excessive speeding law just because she thought she could because of the car.
Speaker 1: A Southwire woman.
Speaker 3: Is facing a stack of felony charges after investigator say she helped pull off one of the more brazen auto loan fraud schemes in recent Miami memory. Thirty eight year old Dunia or Dunnia Sierra walked into multiple car dealerships over eight days, lied about her income, and drove away with a small fleet of vehicles, including a Corvette Stingray, a BMW I eight, and three Harley Davidson motorcycles. Man she did not want to slum it. She went for the high dollar items. Let's see a woman for tips at seven eleven gets arrested instead of paid. That was Veronica Erico Whitsett.
Speaker 1: He said, twerks for tips, just just go. Want to reiterate with what he said.
Speaker 3: There, That's exactly what I said, works for tips, Yes, here we go, officer said the Witsett was pressing her buttocks against the store counter and doing a shaking motion before extending her hands toward the responding deputy and asking for money. Apparently she was also soliciting customers for cash and drugs.
Speaker 1: She was arrested at the.
Speaker 3: Seven eleven fort Walton Beach. A woman has been arrested after falling off her bike. A toddler went to see if she was okay. She threw beer bottles at the toddler and the doctor. I think we talked about this guy a while back.
Speaker 1: The doctor what, it's just the act of going after the toddler is all right.
Speaker 3: The doctor that we talked about, he's been charged in the twenty four death of a patient. I think we talked about this guy when it happened, but he's been indicted for second degree manslaughter almost two years after the death of William Bryan, his patient, a seventy year old veteran who died on the operating table because it was scheduled to be a laparoscopic splenectomy, but the doctor removed his liver instead of his spleen, which you kind of need to survive. That doctor will be facing the second degree manslaughter charges. And last not Lea's in this Week in Florida, Well, a sixteen year old boy is facing attempted manslaughter and possession of a firearm after a fifteen year old was shot in the chest and rushed to the hospital during what they described as play fighting, just a little bit of play fighting. The victim attempted to push the gun away, gun discharged, and now a sixteen year old boy is in for some serious trouble. That's it friends for this week in Florida. Thank you Sea Lane Boy.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to get to before the end of the show, including this cruise lawyer that got his client three hundred thousand dollars when she had fifteen shots at tequila. The argument of her personal responsibility or is the cruise ship to blame. I want to see if there's something about that story we were missing, you know what was it, and we'll get into that in the power hour of the show. And we got a lot more to take care of before that. We'll do a round of feedback when we come back. And a huge change. This is a big, big change for a huge company that we've all heard of. But I was surprised that they made this move. And I'll tell you what's going on that's coming up next on the news junk Kie. The doctors are out of control. The gas prices and stock market stuff is out of control. We're all over the place right now. Baby, it's getting wild out there. And I saw, I mean, the doubt almost got to the fifty thousand mark again. We were there and then Pambondi did the thing, and then we were definitely not there for a while. But it looks like some people think this whole Iran war might be a rap before you know it, and it looks nice and green going into the weekend. The weekend brings us good tidings with the markets going up all like a thousand points on Friday and really really good turn there. Honestly, if we could get out of the deserts and get out of any kind of wasting American taxpayer dollars on extended wars anywhere like we have wanted to do in our nation's past. I'm all for it, baby. Let's bring our money back to the United States of America. Let's see that gas go down, you know what I mean. Let's bring our children home. Let's see those stocks go up and the gas go down. That's what I want to see out there on a week like this. But that is one of the things grabbing people's attention. The other one was what happens in the world of doctors and people helping other folks look a little bit better? And sometimes I see a headline like this and I go, are you serious? It's my theory, and this might not be one of my better theories. I have some excellent ones. By the way, you also have some dog yeah, name one. What's the dog ass theory that I asked? It's so bad, I can't say it. I have so many theories, folks, he's downgrading them. But for instance, my theory on why celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio only want to date women who are twenty five or younger is that you never really feel a certain age. You know, you don't age like you think you will, so you feel the way you're represented with people around you. So if you hang out with older people all the time, you feel older. You see their faces you don't see yours all the time. You see all your old friends' faces, and you're like, yep, i'm old now I'm grey. I'm old like that, And if you date twenty five year olds, you're looking at twenty five year old the whole time. That's what the desire is. That's a theory, and it's a pretty good one. My theory on this world is that I think there's going to be a whole bunch of women in probably ten years or so who still have these big, giant asses, who are like what do I do with this? What I knew immediately, I'm like, these women are getting work done on their ass ends and something you sit on. It's just a very awkward place to get some work done. And it became so ever present. I was like, there's gonna be a lot of women walking around with this that want to reverse this, just like we had a whole bunch of women who went in the nineties and got very large breasts. Then afterwards they decided, H don't want those no more. I want to change those out. I want to swap them out. I don't know if that's coming back now. But I know, without a doubt it was a it was a big deal to go get that surgery done, and now it's starting to get maybe a little bit dated. When you have that kind of work, this will do the same thing. I can't believe that anybody's doing this to begin with, but the story from Fox ten says rib remodeling is taking hold, the elastic surgery trend that is taking off. It's like it's a part.
Speaker 3: Of the body that I don't know that I've ever looked at a woman and go gone like, oh man, she has got terrific ribs.
Speaker 1: Who look at them? Look at them ribs. Not me either, I'm with you. But this, I guess, is something that people are taking to do and I don't know if they're taking out ribs. Let's learn something here. Let's see what they say in the story. Marilyn. Yeah, Fox ten did a story about this and this is becoming more and more popular at the moment, and they went out there to talk about people getting the rib work done. Rib remodeling is what they call.
Speaker 3: The plastic surgeon is one of the first to offer a new procedure called rib remodeling.
Speaker 5: A lot of reactions.
Speaker 11: I talked with a valley woman who says that she loves how she looks now, but plenty of others say this seems like a step too far. Yeah, I say so before and after. Results speak for themselves.
Speaker 12: I feel completely normal, completely fine.
Speaker 1: It's just uh my waist is just why it blurred her entire body, not just her head. This is for those of you who watching on YouTube and twitch thinking about so happy with the procedure I got. I feel totally normal. Everything is fine. Little got the rib remodeling. Look at show this against you, le, She's completely blurred out. You can't see anything. Well, why are you doing this? You're not proud of the work.
Speaker 5: She doesn't want to show her face or give her name. We'll wine a minute.
Speaker 13: You're basically scoring it until you get through that cortex.
Speaker 11: Doctor Orrin Tesler at Defined Plastic Surgery in Scottsdale described a new type of procedure he performed on her.
Speaker 5: It's called rib remodeling.
Speaker 11: Why a surgery trend that changes the shape of the ribs to create an hour glass waste.
Speaker 13: Sometimes just a little deflection, you can get two to five inches of narrowing of the waist.
Speaker 11: It starts with a small needle that leaves nos false.
Speaker 1: They said, a small needle, and they've brought out something that looks like it's from medieval times. This thing looks like it would go through your entire body in one fell swoop. Here, what are we doing now? We're taking out of ribbed ladies. Selane is right about this, and ladies, I want to hear from you. You're going to the front of the line. I want to know if any of you actually want to do this. Tracy says, this is so dumb. I agree, Tracy, but I hope, I hope women are gonna up with you and say, like, why are you doing this? This is unhinged that people would would do this to begin with. I don't want any woman doing this. I've never heard of a guy in my life who's gone, you know what, I really like a woman with a real nice rib cage. That's what I'm saying, you know.
Speaker 3: Like, so some of the things that are most often enhanced are like the things you search for in porno, you know, like if you're if you're if you're going for your categories, you're if you're a you're a teas man, you're a teaser. If you're a butt man, you're a butt man. I don't think you're looking for like a girl with extra hour glassy ribs. Yeah does xxx?
Speaker 1: That is very strange And maybe ladies and some of you are like, yes, absolutely, I've been waiting for this. This is what I've been waiting for. I'm invisible now after having five of these rib remodeling searchery. Congratulations for you, there's Cheryl says, this is why, no, thank you. There must be somebody lining up those Cheryl like, who who is doing this? Time? Face? The blurred lady doesn't want to say it on the record, for God.
Speaker 13: Says, high frequency vibrations in order to be able to score that bone until there's enough ability to manually deflect it.
Speaker 11: After the ribs are moved, the patient waits, where's a corset? For at least two months while the ribs heal in their new position.
Speaker 1: Oh great, So you get this surgery done where they do an experimental procedure to reshape your ribs, and then you wear a corset for how long did he say? Two months or something? For two months you wear a corset, which is not good to wear to begin with. Ladies, to the front of the line. I need to hear from you now, tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. So we're send a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com. That's insane, That's that's wild to me. I don't know who gets this stuff done. It can't be cheap either. No oh, any sort of assistance, no, no, no, no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want them to. For God's saying. Somebody says we're thirst with human meat. I can't believe you wouldn't do this. You've never looked at a woman's ribs and thought that was good? No, I haven't. No, I mean, I think a whole different conversation.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I think I'm like most guys inasmuch as you look at a woman and you go as this woman a beautiful woman or not, And then I think I feel like women are driven by other women in the fashion industry to do things a lot of times that most guys I've talked to in my life. Ladies, I'll just tell you have never talked about like I've never sat down with a group of guys and then gone, well, that girl's attractive, but her eyelashes aren't fourteen inches long, so or her nails aren't four inches long and shaped like spikes. I'm never heard any guy say anything about this stuff. It's always it's always the thing that's out there, But I've never heard anybody asking for it. Let me see what else. Maybe you're just not talking to the right guys. That might be true. My interest's in the ear from them too well.
Speaker 5: The ribs heal in their new position.
Speaker 13: You're not reducing their ability to protect you. You're not affecting your ability to breathe. It doesn't it doesn't hurt anyone long term.
Speaker 11: Our patient says, the recovery is serious.
Speaker 12: It's painful, and of course I feel this is a procedure for someone that is really one hundred percent, like so focused on the outcome and what they're going to look like that they're just gonna just suck it up.
Speaker 5: But just a few months later, she says she's fully recovering.
Speaker 1: All right, I have to be honest with you. I am not exaggerating here. But they're showing what she looked like before and after, and I'll put this, I'll get a screenshot of the before and after right of this rib process. That's the new thing that women are going in to get done. I gotta screenshot of the before and after. I can't even tell the difference.
Speaker 3: I can tell the difference, but it's not that drastic and it looks like I mean, I don't know that you could have done this by just losing a little weight, But it doesn't look like it's worth the money.
Speaker 1: Like if I was with person A before the RIB process, I would go, you look fantastic, you look great. And then if person B walked in, I'd go, you guys have the same exact body. I don't. I don't. I don't see a difference. Maybe you I'll put this up. I'll get the link ready here over on see it now, take a look and tell us maybe you're all for this. It's gonna be up on the Neewsjunkie dot com and you see it now section whenever there's a visual on this show. Since you're just kind of hanging out with us, listen, most of you, I want you to be able to see it. So rib remodeling before. There's a an after.
Speaker 3: Article in USA Today about the procedure, and they show this woman, uh, woman Jessica Lasher, a woman in Canada, had the procedure done about a year ago. Before she tried wearing corsets to achieve the look she wanted. Naturally, she saw a riber modeling as a lasting solution. Imagine her surprised when she got the ribber modeling and they're like, you're gonna have to wear some corsets for a little bit, a couple more months, for two months.
Speaker 1: I couldn't imagine wearing a corset for two months. My god.
Speaker 3: The first four weeks of recovery for her were tough. It says it felt like having the wind knocked out of you.
Speaker 1: Jesus our quick break. When we come back, we'll see what you have to say about all of this. We got jury duty on the way, and then we roll into the Power Hour, the final hour of the show that's coming up next on the News Junkie. I said her before, I'll say again. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Make sure you follow people directly, all right. Get away from the corporate connections. Follow people that you enjoyed directly, and all of the links that you need to follow. Everybody involved on this show is at thenewsjunkie dot com. Slash Share all.
Speaker 3: Right, and your your advice is not falling on deaf ears. I feel like, because yeah, I keep getting notifications like you've gained this many Instagram followers. I'm like, cool, Now I need to start posting more to make it worth it. I feel like indebted to them now, like I need to make your follow a worthwhile endeavor.
Speaker 1: You got Jackson, He's a content gold mine. Some of its Yeah, this little kid, you listen, Jackson, he's a content gold mine.
Speaker 3: Now I have to get a clip of him saying that. Now that that has become part of the ether here, I have to get a clip of him doing that for those of you who don't know.
Speaker 1: See, and we'll tell his son in moments when he's upset with him. He'll go listen to me, No, listen to me, And then his son will go, no, you listen, Jackson. And it's the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 3: This is totally adorable and absolutely infuriating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great for everybody that is not in your house. For everybody else, it's fantastic. All right, don't forget secret shows. You can unlock Secret shows, the uncensored shows available for just two ninety nine a month if You're audio only twenty nine ninety nine for the year to unlock the world of Secret Shows, which gives you so many features and additional things that you're able to do over on the Newsjunkie dot com, including an AD free high quality version of the live stream. Every single day when the show is live, you could be watching ad free if you're a Secret Show subscriber and logged in on the Neewsjunkie dot com. So go check it out or gift Secret Shows to others by clicking that gift icon over on the website. All right, let's see what we got going on here. A couple of people were chiming in. I had a weird thing where I was talking during the break about about something to do with parking, and I realized, I have no idea what the name is for the thing. I call the whole area the parking spot, you know what I mean, like the lines, the whole area. But I said, what, what's the part that you're like resting your wheels on the in the bumper? I see it. I've never heard bumper. Some people did say bumper. There was a whole bunch of theories on this. Here's one, Here's daddy two times.
Speaker 14: So Sean, you asked what the curves in a parking spot are, and those are called parking blocks in the chat.
Speaker 11: In my head, as soon as you asked the question, I thought it was funny and said it's called a RoadHead.
Speaker 1: Giggity parking spot. Chat blocked it. I did not chot that locked it? Where has check? What has happened to Chat? I don't go in there a whole lot, but what the f happened?
Speaker 5: I remember you used to have to show pain to even enter it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that didn't happen. Now things have a peak. Now the chat is a safe place to be for everybody. It's fun, it's a blast. I wouldn't say it's a safe space by it. He stretched the imagination. But it's awesome and I think you'll enjoy it. I would say it's a safe space if lawyers are listening.
Speaker 3: The concrete bar in a parking spot is primarily called a wheel stop or parking block a wheel stop. They're also frequently referred to as parking curbs, bumper blocks, or tire stops.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm calling it any of those things. I thought it either yeah and not at all? Right, here's insecure waters with a dispatch.
Speaker 14: The absolute worst story of having to go in a terrible position place time that I've ever heard was something I read on Reddit about a guy who was stuck on like a corporate charter jet, seated like twelve people or less.
Speaker 1: He was there with a bunch of competitors. They were all trying to.
Speaker 14: Sell to this lady that was the CEO of a company, and he had a terrible gastric event. And the only bathroom on that little private plane was one of the seats. Oo seat cover comes off of it, and there is a toilet underneath it, and there's a little shower curtain that you pull up from the floor so that while you're doing your business, everybody can see you from the nose. I don't know if that was a true story, stuck in my brain ever since I read it.
Speaker 1: About the worst worst case scenario, that's bad emergency. Yeah that I'm not gonna lie. I don't know if i'd be able to do that. You can't just pull over a plane, you know, No, you can't. When you say a plane and you're like it's a six seater plane, I just imagine that it's got a little bathroom since you're in a private plane like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, think about both times we've flown in the Bahamas. Were there bathrooms on those planes?
Speaker 1: There? Not only was there no bathroom, I don't even think there was what this guy just described.
Speaker 3: Or maybe there was and they didn't tell us because they were like, we don't want anybody using this then.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like when you're on an RV and the RV owners go, uh no, you can pee, yeah, but you no number two on the RV. They're thinking, no number two on the plane. Please. These are only short flights. You're going to get to your destination. Everything is going to be absolutely fine for you. The tips Atthews Jukie dot com. An Anonymous emails this show. Anonymous is talking about this bizarre story where there was an investigation on a Catholic church in North Carolina. The Catholic church investigated itself and found that they surprised, didn't do anything wrong. But there were some teenage girls who said the pastor who was taking their confessions was asking them leading sexual questions. That led me to say, wait, hold on, if you're doing these kind of confessions, do they usually interview you and ask you questions like, hey, have you been having sex? Have you been masturbating? That's what happened allegedly the court of these teenage girls. Anonymous says, good afternoon. I grew up Catholic. My experience is from this sixth sixties and seventies. You would go into the confession booth and the priest was on the other side of the divider. You would start off by saying, bless me, Father, for I have sinned. These are my sins. The priest listened and then gave you your penance. No questions were asked at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was it's blessed me, father, for I have sinned. And you're also supposed to say it's been this long since my last confession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nothing. No one has ever said, hey, I had questions asked to me. Hey, they asked me if I was engaging in sex and if I was doing that. Nobody who has responded on that so far has said that that was a circumstance for him. Mike emails about the FIFA drama. If you miss that, I guess the train rides to New Jersey are going to cost as much as one hundred and fifty dollars around the World Cup. When it comes to the United States, tickets are going for insane amounts of money, and a lot of the cities that are involved in this are saying it's too expensive all of it. Mike says, no surprise with this garbage. FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet. Google some of their history. They, like a lot of big sports groups, get everything handed to them by the host city and nothing in return other than increase foot traffic and spending is given back. I know millions of incomes are involved, but the way they get too many concessions bothers me. It's much like the Olympics. If you don't even have to say the Olympics, Mike, is much like the NFL. Friend, Yeah, everybody bends over backwards and you go, did we really get enough out of this after all? Let us know what you think. Send a dispatcher at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: The weird part about this FIFA story reading on nbcnews dot com and they're saying, who's to blame for these one hundred dollars train tickets? The governor of New Jersey is pointing the finger at FIFA, and FIFA is saying look at New Jersey. But I don't think FIFA has the power to raise the train tickets. I think that's more of a public works or public services thing the New Jersey Transit Authority. Perhaps, I think FIFA's right here to say, look at the governor of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I think one of the problems Sea Lane, from what I could tell, is this not for me. This is not for me. This is from people who have been sending in feedback who are sports nuts, who know what they're talking about. One of the problems from what I could see is that the deals for this stuff with the FIFA, with the World Cup Games, the deal was made eight years ago. So all the politicians that made that deal are gone. They're gone, they're not in office anymore. And now new people are in office and they have to deal with the arrangements that were made eight years ago. Yeah, Abraham says over on TJ. Chad. Again, these contracts were signed in twenty eighteen. That was a different governor. So the new governors like, this doesn't feel fair. Too much time has passed. We're spending millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of dollars, and it's a mess. There's few stadiums not allowing any World Cup tailgating, says Tracy. It seems like they got problems all over the place. I hope it works out for them, but it seems like they have some mission no tailgating. How boring do you want to be? Yeah? That sucks. That's part of the whole experience. All right, quickly, here we go. Let's do jury duty. Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're no injury duty with the news juty duty.
Speaker 3: Parking is going up too, how much they say, drive and park An American Dream, the only mall connected to MetLife Stadium, will offer several thousand parking spaces, typically costing six dollars a piece two hundred and twenty five dollars to park at the World Cup.
Speaker 1: See it's ridiculous. At some point, you go only the most wealthy people are able to go see this? And this a sport. Sport is supposed to be for most general people, like the general audience should be able to go there and time about a twenty dollars ticket, like a twenty or thirty or forty dollars ticket for the whole game would be something that most families might be able to consider, but they just don't get that unfortunately. All right, Juri Dudy, brought to you by the one the only moti Wit of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call Mo eight hundred, Calmo eight hundred Calmo, or go to Justcalmo dot com. After an accident, reach out to Moses Dwitt. He's there to help you in the moment and after and you'll get yourself one of those big checks if the case is worthy of it. Go over to Justcallmo dot com or call eight hundred call Mode. Now. Anna Keepner, her stepbrother who is now accused of killing the Florida teen on this cruise, has been arraigned in a court in Florida, a federal court in Florida. Timothy Hudson sixteen now officially charged with aggravated abuse charges an adult first degree murder as well. Are they locking him up yet? He has the opportunity to enter a plea of those charges. He will not. I don't think be spending any time behind bars, yet he still remains after all of these months. Remember he allegedly killed her on November seventh. Look where we are now, we're into the middle of April. He killed her allegedly on November seventh. We're in the middle of April and this guy is still wandering around free. We've got more stories that didn't quite make it into jury duty that we'll get to. And also, I told you a company made a big change that is something that never ever done before. You know this company, You're gonna be surprised by this change. And for real, this time is coming up next. I'm gonna use junk. Ye should have brought supplies to do a true power hour? Oh way we could. Today would have been a perfect day. Oh my god, why didn't you say this earlier? Have you ever done that power hour? You do one every is it one shot of beer every minne? I thought it was a shot of beer every minute. I actually didn't know what it was like.
Speaker 3: The way I learned what a power hour was is people would make like mixed CDs or something where they would they would burn an MP three where the song changes every minute, and when the song changes, that's how you knew to take your shot of beer, but it just seems like not fun to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just gonna ask if you wanted to do it next Friday. I think I've learned. I've learned what you want to do. I have to drive to and from work. I can't just got to drive. Shim me over in my flip floppies. Even Spider Man drinks his beers in the car, right and Tom Holland he goes to Publix. He has a pub sub. Tom Holland is Spider Man in the car with that bear.
Speaker 3: I also think that if we were to power hour Tom Holland's beers, I don't know that you would feel much.
Speaker 1: No. Only one way to find out, though, I mean, will it be your per segment? No, No, we would go. We would do it by the rule book, like how you're supposed to do it, whatever those are.
Speaker 3: Venda sous says, the tenth shot is liquor, every tenth shot.
Speaker 1: I guess, oh my god, Oh this is going to be worse than I thought if we if we had I'm not doing that. What a pussy? What? Well, I'll get them to bully you into doing it. Did you ever have Bird says to fourteen shots of liquor for the cruise line girl, if we do it tequila.
Speaker 3: Cruise, I would love to do that. While we talked to the lawyer, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Who can I sue? Now? Who can I sue? We We've got our lure in the water for the lawyer in that cruise ship tequila case. He was allegedly going to be joining us at like two twenty to two thirty. So it's the tail end of the show. I don't know if it will happen or not to take this break early. Yeah maybe, as I don't know. I mean, I don't want to take it early. It was not going to be there to begin with. The issue is like he's been on the Today Show, He's been all over the place, He's been doing all these interviews, and all I want to do is get the nitty gritty from this guy. I want to be like, Hey, I read the story I read about your client who got three hundred thousand dollars plus from Carnival Cruise Lines, and it said to me that she had fourteen or so shots of tequila and that they showed her on camera ordering all these tequilas I guess. And afterwards she wandered away and woke up. She had blacked out and fell down and hurt herself, and then she blamed the cruise line for this. And I'm going to sell me on the idea that it's not her responsibility here. There must be something that convinced this jury of these women, this jury of women in Miami, to agree with her. There must be something. So I don't know if he joins us. The lure is in the water. We'll tell you if somebody tugs on it.
Speaker 3: We went on a cruise recently. I did, Yeah, the Princess Cruise. When you were on your cruise, did they do this thing that I think? I don't know if it's just Royal Caribbean or if it's all the cruises where they tell you what day it is in the elevator.
Speaker 1: No, I no, I've seen that before on Yeah, I've seen it on the Family cruises more, but I've never done that.
Speaker 3: Actually, I've seen like the tiktoks or Instagram where they're like we finally got to see it, like they got to be in the elevator when the cruise employee changing the changes the day. Because I remember thinking that the first time, Like I went in, I thought the elevator was just named Friday, like this is the Friday elevator. And then I got in the next day and it said Saturday, And I was like, why did they decide that this would be a thing, Like we need a feature to remind people what day it is, and we're going to put it in a floor panel of the elevator.
Speaker 1: That is strange. Sanj Ford says, if the lawyer falls through today, ditcham. Of course I was gonna ditch them before that, but we just got like a last sound like my wife with a sod lady. Yes, we got a last opportunity. So I was like, why not let's give this a shop. All right, let's talk about this company, and I have a way to make this work. I think every one of us, I don't care who you are. I don't care what platform you're listening to the show on right now, don't care what station you're listening on. Every last man, woman, and child listening to the show right now has heard of this company. Gatorade. Yeah, Gatorade. We have all heard of the company. It's owned by Pepsi Co. And they're about to change everything. Now Here's here's what's going on. And I'll tell you I got I got something I'm gonna throw at you. Gatorade. You is it free? It's free from me to you. All right, it's been a rough week, but I'm still gonna give you a free idea here. Gatorade. Since it's inception, which as far as I recall is was like invented on UF campus or something like that, I think, right, they came up with Gatorade, their sports drink some measis. Gatorade is a product, not a company. Well, it's owned by a Pepsi Coo. So Gatorade's parent company, Pepsi Coo has announced a change to Gatorade. And here's what they've announced. Every single ad campaign they have ever done since the jump has been featuring athletes, every one of them football players, sprinters, baseball players, basketball stars. Every single Gatorade commercial they have ever done centered around athletes and focused on athletics. And for the first time ever, Gatorade says they're going to change that. And I give this to you for free, Gatorade. If you want to sell at least twenty percent more games, forget the athletes, forget the sprinters, forget all those people. Show one person who had way too much to drink last night waking up in the morning, and Nicole's onto it already. Nicole knows, she knows what's going on. Nicole on YouTube says, lemon Lime, somebody has way too much to drink in this commercial, and the next morning they wake up and they're they're all hungover, and they crack the top on that ice cold lemon lime Gatorade for their hangover. You will sell so many more Gatorades. You've been focusing only on the fit, athletic people, the athletes. If you focus on this fad alcoholics, the big fat drunks. They they got money too, all right, they got money one hundred percent. This will work out. This is from the Associated Press, says Gatorades owner wants more people who aren't athletes to drink the drink. This says sixty years after it invented sports drink. That's crazy to think about, too, Like there was no category even just like white Claw as far as I'm aware, was a category creator with the Seltzer going through to most stores out there, and everybody buying white Claw was white Claw first?
Speaker 3: Or did they just get the market share, like they somehow found the perfect formula of marketing and outreach to become the number one brand in Seltzer's were.
Speaker 1: They not sure? I don't know if they were first or just first to be big enough that it launched it out for everybody else.
Speaker 3: You know, I had a teacher in college who was a huge Apple mark. She loved, I mean she loved and she thought like the iPod was so revolutionary. Was like it was not the first MP three player. She talked about it like it was. But they had the diamond rio like there was. There were other players in the MP three playing market.
Speaker 1: Applet it that all the time though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Apple just did it better, better, and and and in a way that people caught onto better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, sixty years after it invented sports drinks, Gatorade is making a surprising pivot. It's no longer focusing primarily on athletes. PEPSI COO, Gatorade's parent company, said Thursday, the brand wants to broaden its reach. You know why this worked for somebody else. This worked for somebody else when I was younger, when I was like a teenager or in my twenties. If somebody You guys are way ahead of it today. Man Chad is way ahead of it. If somebody when I was younger said pediolite, I was, was there a baby here? Pedia Lite is for a baby. You have a pedia LIGHTE you give it to a little kid who's like maybe a couple of years old and able to drink something different. And that's who drinking that. But they turned the corner on this because they noticed people who were drunks were drinking the pediaites. And now where's pedia light. It's not just on the shelf next to the stuff for babies. Hell no, it's on this seven to eleven shelf, next to every other's trust drink. There's a Pedaite. Now it's made them billions of dollars, and it's kind of crazy that some of these people have left that money on the shelf down.
Speaker 3: We want a cheap party, You go to seven to eleven and stock up on buzzballs and pedia Lite.
Speaker 1: True. The buzzballs though, I don't even know if Pedli can fight that off, good God, afterwards, that's tough. The change reflects US consumers booming interest in beverages with perceived health benefits. It says some of the experts here. Now, liquid IV and some of these other places have seen a search in sales. A lot of people have entered the space. More than one hundred and fifty new brands have got into the sports world.
Speaker 3: Man, liquid IV is pricey for what it is. You're not even getting the liquid. You're just the powder rest, a little bag of powder. If you buy liquid IV at the grocery store, you are severely overpaying. We pretty much only buy it at Costco. How much does it cost just for the thing of the store.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Twelve or thirteen dollars for a five or six pack? I mean, like it only makes five drinks or six drinks.
Speaker 1: I think. Let me see. People are also mentioning, like al over on TJ chat, there's I've seen a bunch of people mention this electrolic. I don't know what that is. I've never tried that actually myself. But there's a lot of competitors out there. A lot of them have focused just on athletes. This is going to open it up to somebody else. They say, instant iv is better, seelamb. Look, they're all great, they're all great, but they want some you know, I'll give it a I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I'll do the actual, the hard research, you know, make sure that I and drain my electrolytes the night before and then so see how well they replenish.
Speaker 1: Right back through. This is Jeremy, I'll say. Jeremy sends a n email the tips of the neews Junkie dot com. He said, you started the show with this Amazon driver, and we did. There was this woman who posted on TikTok her Amazon delivery app and showing how many deliveries she had to do in the day. It was three hundred stops or more than that, and five hundred total packages. Something crazy. Jeremy says, that route is crazy. I do Amazon Flex in my car. I do two shifts a day, seven to eight hours and seventy to ninety stops per day, and I am beat. I couldn't imagine three hundred stops or whatever that girl had. Yeah, I guess we didn't really have.
Speaker 3: And I'm surprised we didn't hear from Pisenberg on this because I didn't really have a baseline for what your typical Amazon day would be.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's buried in packages right now. He's having a day where he's buried delivery mail. A real quick, great great tweet deserves so much attention. In my opinion, I just wanted to showcase this before we go to break. This says from somebody named Mark. I saw this and I was like this. I don't know where this came from, totally out of the blue, but I go. I am with you. The best part of Sublimes, what I got is when they sing I can play the guitar like an MF and Riot and then proceed to play the guitar as though they just learned the guitar today with that one specific section only it's so true. I m a lot of that is that I could play the guitar like an MF and Riot, and then you play some twinkle twinkle little stars on the guitar shortly after that fair point mark that gets you all those views and points.
Speaker 3: Looking up to a piano and stretching your your neck and doing the little uh flexing your your knuckles and then chopsticks.
Speaker 1: Pin pin pin pin pe peep p p p p pep. You gotta come a little harder than that. Wait, hold on, take a quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you. I I've got these dispatches and emails lined up and ready to go. Also, about this singer that was arrested for killing a teenager out in California. What's really going on there. We'll dive into that story too. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. Make sure you're not missing a moment of the action as the show rolls on. Hey, has anybody had a conversation with Jack Bradshaw? Have not? I have not heard from him. I know people have corresponded with him. He's a program director here at our home station and he will be returning from a vacation that he's been on in the last week or so. And I don't know how. I mean, he must be aware of some of the tumultuous things that he did in his absence.
Speaker 3: You know, some people are different about respecting people's vacations. It just really kind of depends on what you do. But we try as hard as we can to sort of you have your time, you earned it.
Speaker 1: You're planning on this.
Speaker 3: He's out with his family on a cruise and brought the whole family and you.
Speaker 1: Know where they went.
Speaker 3: Where they went cruise in like Mexico. I know they went to Saint Thomas. So it's a route like that. His stepdaughter. They were able to get on a boat that she's currently performing on.
Speaker 1: Oh that's very cool. No way, So she got a gig on a cruise ship and then they went out there and they got like did the vacation in that? Yep, that's amazing. So I'm glad he had fun there. But when he comes back, it's gonna be like, well, let's just see what my inbox looks like. Let's see what happened while I was Oh my god, it's like.
Speaker 3: Yes, I I purchased the onboard Wi Fi package? Is there any way I could turn that off?
Speaker 1: Just turn it? Just please just turn it off. He just threw his phone, didn't you say?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Just threw his phone right into this?
Speaker 3: Somebody said that that I was talking to in the offices here, they're like, Jack probably threw his phone in the ocean. I go, there is not a chance in hell, a snowballs chance in hell that that cheap ass would throw away a perfectly good phone for some tumultuous office reasons.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see. We're gonna find out as soon as he gets back. But it's gonna be an interesting week next week on the show. Some stuff to talk about. I got some things to get off my chest. We got some things that will be happening around here, some some new segments appearing a lot of developments on the show next week, and I hope you'll hang out and see what happens to come along for the Rod. Here's a couple of clips before we wrap it up here in the Power Hour today. One of them is going viral here today one point three million views. This is at that same event where Trump said he wasn't a senior. Let's see what he says this time. This is that the no tax on tips e.
Speaker 4: Ventue American small businesses, including restaurants, strip laders, corner stores. What is a corner store? I've never heard that term. I know what corner, but I've never heard it describe a corner store.
Speaker 1: Who the hell wrote that? Please and more did it say something different? There's no idea hasn't heard of a corner store? Right right, right, like a corner store is the most generic thing in the world. When I was young, our family, especially when we would go up to Vermont, we would have a lot of family that lived in the Saint Albans area, and I loved visiting my aunts and uncles up there because even though they almost everybody all in the family was pretty poor and St. Albans is certainly not a rich city, but they had this little house and the house was two blocks away from a corner store. And my parents are like, you know, just so you know, when we go here, just be prepared. You know, their house is not quite as large as ours. Keep in mind, I've shown the house that I grew up and on the show before. It's not big. It's about a fifteen hundred or fourteen hundred square foot house in the acredge was built by my dad and some friends and stuff. We were your house. Yeah, they did most of it, Like I have photographs of me when we were laying all the concrete block and stuff, and the family was like a family ordeal. But he never got any manlier than that moment there. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was I was six when I peeked in my manliness. Yes, So when we would go up there, you know, we lived lower middle class in the acreage, and my mom would still be like, just beware. Their house was quite small, and their house was small I think they They had a three bedroom, nine hundred and something square foot house. It was very small, but as a kid, I did not think of it as small, and I did not think down or lower of them at all. I thought they had the coolest house in the world because you could walk two blocks and go to the corner store. And so my parents sometimes would just be like, oh, go here's five bucks, here's here's a couple of dollars. You'd go to the corner store, his mom, my cousins, and my aunt, I should say. My aunt would tell my cousin everyone, well, here go get me my stuff, and she would give him a couple of bucks, and we would come back and the person would give cigarettes the to us kids at the corner store. The corners were how was that for your mom? Hensch off one for shipping and handling. No, we were too small for that. We were like I might have been eight or nine or something. We weren't puffing on darts, just taking them. There was.
Speaker 3: My mom's aunt and uncle, or maybe the aunt was had deceased by the time I went and visited them, but they lived on Lake Erie in Ohio, in a community called Channel Grove, where it wasn't like a golf course community, but everybody had golf carts and like they would all go watch the sunset at the marina. But at the other end of the main road, they had a used to be a car wash and they converted it into a drive through convenience store. So we would take the golf cart and just drive through this former car wash and.
Speaker 1: Get one of these. Get one of these.
Speaker 3: My mom's picking up her little like Kelua mixers. Oh yeah, that was a good time, Mama Lane. You deserve it.
Speaker 1: You get them Kohlua mixers. You deserve that. Somebody said it was written corner store. I figured there must have been something. Let's see if he says corner let's seeings of American small.
Speaker 4: Businesses, including restaurants, strike landers, corner stores. What is a corner store. I've never heard that term. I know what a corner store is.
Speaker 1: But maybe he's saying quarter store. Maybe it's written quarter q U A R t e R, because it sounds like he's saying, I've never heard of corner stores. I've heard of corner stores.
Speaker 3: The weird part is when he corrects himself. The thing that he says is not too different than the thing that he said first, So I'm not hearing a difference in those. That's why I think it sounds like he doesn't know what a corner store is.
Speaker 4: Well, not times of American small businesses, including restaurants, strike landers corner stores. What is a corner store? I've never heard that term. I know what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you said corner than quarter and then bad at though, But there you go. I know what they are, and most people do. Probably turns out he does too. Corner store is the most like American thing you can imagine. I love that experience. Man. I didn't get that because in the place that we grew up forty ninth Street from from age six or so to age eighteen. That is where I lived on forty ninth Street and the acreage in Royal Palm Beach, Florida, in this very run of the mill, middle class, lower middle class house. And I loved it. But the only problem was is all dirt roads at that time, and their houses were few and far between, and the closest grocery store was about I think maybe two or three miles down the road. It's pretty far away for a grocery store at that time. Now they're closer, but it was pretty far away at that time, and for me, you didn't have the access to do that you could there was no place that you could walk to and you could go. And you have all these little shops and stuff. I have a corner store to visit courty. And I absolutely love where we are now, and one of the reasons is specifically because there's everything that we could think of around us, Like everything that we could think of is around us. There's nothing that's outside of like half a mile from where the house is located, and I love that. But as a kid, we didn't have all of those different options. So for me, Man, I would go over any friend's house if they could walk to a store, or if there was like a restaurant or a subway or a McDonald's, god forbid near him.
Speaker 3: I stopped stopped at the store on the way to your house last night, and so I was in an Uber, so I had to have the Uber guy, you know, I had to put the stop in the app.
Speaker 1: And so we stopped, stopped at the store.
Speaker 3: And then we went to uh your house, and the Uber driver looks at the map and he goes, well, you couldn't just walked to the D the way. I'm like, I'm not walking the rest of the way. Man, I paid for uber comfort.
Speaker 1: Big Doug on Twitch says working at IBM at that time was not lower middle class. I love when you guys tell me here's what it was like. So my dad worked at IBM. That is true. When my dad first got the job at IBM, he was a line worker, putting like the chipsets together and stuff. And then they started funding his schooling and whatnot so that he could go get a master's in business, and he was in after that. I've talked about it before, but like, I have no idea what my father did. I think he did like contracts for IBM, but he wasn't a very high up position at his highest level. When he retired, I think my dad was making about seventy five thousand dollars a year, Which is not to say that that's bad money or was bad money then, But when when I was growing up, when we were in this house, my dad was just first starting out at IBM number one and number two, and perhaps most importantly, my mother didn't work. For most of my life. We were a single income household. So the job that my father had was all that we had going on. That's all that we had to kind of stretch us out. And I'm not saying I was poor. We didn't want for a lot of things, but you know, certainly trust me if I say it was lower middle class, I lived the experience one that was the case in this In this circumstance, it's.
Speaker 3: So weird that your dad and my dad both worked for IBM, and we don't really know what they did. My dad, I know the title was financial systems analyst, and my stepmom would go, I don't, I don't know what he does.
Speaker 1: Financial systems analysts was yours? Yeah, procurement. It was what I told you what my dad did. Procurement. That sounds like what a drug dealer says their job is, or somebody what do you do?
Speaker 3: Or somebody that has a fake job, like in Seinfeld when he had that fake company, was it imports and export?
Speaker 1: What did he say? Yeah, yeah, my dad had an import export company too. It's just that it never existed. Really. He thought he could get free samples from everybody. Again, this is what we would do to try to get a little bit more coming into the household. Vandale Industries importer exporter. Uh, yeah, my dad was in What did I say? It was called procurement, procurement, procurement, which it does sound like you procure marijuana for the kids in the neighborhood too, which sounds very similar. Or here's a couple of things that we told that alert. Yeah, I wish The singer David or D four VD as it's read here, has been arrested on suspicion of killing a fourteen year old girl whose decomposed body was found seven months ago. Seven months ago they found this girl. He was doing the singer David who you probably don't know, the twenty one year old pop singer David Burke or D four VD. David. He was at the time showing up with this teenager on his live streams, and he was writing songs about fantasizing about killing people. And then she ends up missing, then they find her decomposed body in his abandoned tesla, and then he was still on tour for a while. He still they're performing and stuff. Not until just yesterday was he finally arrested on suspicion how many killing this girl?
Speaker 3: Seven months ago, seven months ago for David there and then about four or five six months for the step brother of Anna Kapner. Yep, are we just making sure we're extra thorough here, like, want to make sure we have these guys dead to rights?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You better hope people who have like a fatal diagnoses aren't hearing about this. They go, well, wait, wait, I could kill somebody. I only got seven months to live, all right, I really hate some guy I work with. Here goes nothing, dude, you only work with like one guy.
Speaker 14: Not you.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about another guy. Okay, somebody else on the show. I'm talking about but due different, different person on the show. When we come back, final dispatches Stories that didn't make the cut and today learned to turn everything into the end of the show here on Friday. Do you know why I said turn everything into it? To wrap everything up for today? Learn to wrap everything up just really stopped you in your tracks. Forgot what you were a bitter said idea? Right now? All right, we're back with the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut and today learned to wrap everything up for a Friday that's coming up next on the News Junk kie. A couple of things on the way out. Number one, there is a secret show that is dropping today as per usual, on Fridays at five pm. Those go live on the website. You can watch or listen on thenewsjunkie dot com. That's one thing you need to know. And we do those live. We actually stream them on Thursday nights at eight pm usually, but they're released on Fridays at five pm. So if it's Friday at five pm, go get the latest secret show. If you're not a subscriber, go subscribe over on the website the news Junkie dot com to unlock everything that comes along with secret shows. And the other thing I wanted to tell you about is please drop in into tnjchat. The community there is growing, it's spreading. It's so fun. I really dig it. There's so many features over there. You can gam you can hang out with people, you could chat, you could post photos called peaks, you can post gifts. Now, you can battle with other people, you can play family feud, you cat this. There's so many things and it's just fun. So if you want some old fashioned fun and a something away from the algorithm that's warping your brain all over the place. I would suggest go over to chat dot thenewsjunkie dot com when you get a chance create an account. It literally takes two seconds to create an account. You start getting points for chatting immediately. The points can be redeemed for all sorts of fun stuff and all day long, all around the clock. You can hang out with some real fine people over there. So go check it out this weekend chat chat dot thenews junkie dot com. All right, dos Hefe says that intro needs updating. There's a couple of things like that. Look, I'm not interested in doing anything in five seconds. The show is in flux a little bit, and that's the way it's going to be. And I think you'll see some stuff next week that you'll find interesting. So just stick with us.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a real It seemed pretty messed up if we just updated it immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the hell? Yeah, here we go. That's that's not I don't think that's I think that's I don't think that's the right decision. So at some point in time, a lot of different stuff will change. But we shall see in the meantime. Tips at the News Junkie dot com, Tom excuse me tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. I'm at the end of my rope here.
Speaker 3: Somebody says, hot as hell in here.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's a AC really broken in there. Yeah, it's broken in all three of these rooms. Jesus man. The whole thing is it's Are you sure it's not where they were trying to juice more money out of the company.
Speaker 3: I'm not totally sure, but I think, uh, I think they put Luba up on the roof to, you know, kinda check it out there.
Speaker 1: The engineer folks. For those of you who don't know, My favorite part is I learned not that long ago. I forgot who I was talking about, and they said, so, iHeartRadio has this office building and they're they're allowed to with the deal that we have use the air conditioning as they see fit at iHeart during work days, but not on weekends. They have to. They turn the air conditioning off on the weekends and they just burn you up in there. And so when the AC goes off, you don't know if it's that or you don't know what it is. But right now Sealand's saying like it's it's work hours. Then they're it's a sweat box. It's a little stuffy, just a little bit. Unbelievable, Absolutely unbelievable. All right, let's see what else we have. Yeah, I'm sorry. Be emails SIPs thethews junker dot com surf side, which sells alcoholic teas and lemonades, just came out with something called super Light l te, which is basically Gatorade with vodka. Delicious, best of both worlds, it says.
Speaker 3: Be Now we're getting into Borg territory. Do you remember the Borg? Oh, I'll never forget the Borg where you just they were mixing liquid IV with vodka. I mean, you're just kind of it's like a speedball of electrolytes.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Yeah, it's it's an experience. It's not an experience I want to repeat necessarily, but it's an experience. Fans of the show are doing something that they call disc camp this weekend. Aj Soup has been doing this for a while. Hang on, did she she's speak in this video?
Speaker 15: Certainly we are here at Mantsey Hammett camp ground, nice beginning to get set up for disc camp weekend. That's us listening to Friday Show.
Speaker 1: That's got good stuff to say so.
Speaker 15: If you want to come out and visit us tomorrow and meet people from the news junkie community, it's a disc camp twenty six dot com.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful out there.
Speaker 15: Come out and meet some people from the TNJ community.
Speaker 1: We are happy to have you. That's very cool. Love that AJ soup. Discamp twenty twenty six dot com. I think if you're a camper and you like the show and not weird, those are all the requirements that they have out there. Good people and the food. I saw the spread of food that she's bringing out. Oh yeah. Last year they had like a feast out there at just Camp. Oh yeah, I don't know. I swear to God. If things weren't so crazy in my life right now, I would one hundred percent be out there. The food alone looks so good. Oh all right. Discamp twenty twenty six dot com. I guess is where that's at.
Speaker 3: I like camping with dads with the disposable income who like to one up each other because every year you show up and you're like, Mike's got the good gadgets, Mike, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I showed up to camp one year and I was like this is basically tailgating, but I sleep here. So I brought all these things. And my contribution to our annual camping trip that I haven't even been on in a couple of years was the kitchen, Like just having a tent that's just for your food prep and all your coolers and grills and stuff, and just gadgets of plenty. Now, now I'm sure somebody in discompise aren't camping some solar panels and you know, you know, some some chargers and stuff out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good time. All right, let's get the hell out of here. It's time to wrap it up for the week. Let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky. Now it's done. What we call today. It is Taylor for a Friday, April seventeenth to twenty twenty six. Today learn the guy from this series, James Bond. That's correct, James Bond. His preference of shaken and not stirred as a martini is very contra versial in the bartending world, because drinks containing only alcoholic ingredients are almost always stirred to preserve clarity and avoid overdilution, among other things. Also in the James Bond universe. Loved this story that I saw this week. Amazon came out and said Amazon's new James Bond movie is amazing, and I thought, wow, did Amazon?
Speaker 3: Thanks for the Amazon review of the Amazon movie.
Speaker 1: This is like the Catholic Church investigating themselves. We didn't do anything wrong. Yeah. Amazon looked into their new James Bond movie and they're like, this is good. We really knocked it out of the park here.
Speaker 3: Everybody, I'm gonna have to launch it to see if we can trust Amazon.
Speaker 1: Dogs get authentically jealous and try to break up the connection between their owner and other dogs. And finally to learn this, Lady.
Speaker 3: Bondy no into Carlisle's That's and I've gotten the.
Speaker 1: Well Linda Carlile of the Go Gos and this song Heaven as a Place on Earth. The Fame started her musical career as a drummer for a band, a hardcore punk band you may have heard of, called the Germs. She was cool before she was pomp Ladies and Germs. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back on Monday, same time, same place. Missed any of the show, Get the podcast at the news junkie dot com. Guess what we'll see on Monday. Everybody