Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WAPP. It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith. People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living wasn't complicated enough.
Speaker 2: Bung They Yukes, Petrosen Money A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Food of Palooza continues. We'll have another giveaway today one hundred dollars gift card to the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill. Tomorrow one hundred dollars gift card to Bjay's Restaurant in brue House. Tomorrow we'll have Clippers basketball against the Kings pregame at six, so it'll be a three to six show, tip off at seven. We got a full four hours today, four hours, fourteen seconds to be exact, we are your home.
Speaker 1: Just go ahead tell everybody why you're pissed.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, just happens every now and then, and by every now and then, maybe every three to four days or every day, depending on Roddy's padding schedule. How much he's got to pad the back end of the show prior to us today he is. He patted as much as he could, and they fired off our show at two fifty nine forty six. That's when we and.
Speaker 1: It sets a negative tone for the whole show, just a little bit for the four hours, all the way till Dodger Talk with David Vass, Saint Biggie Rohass, Max Muncie.
Speaker 2: I mean, a hell of a show.
Speaker 1: And I know for a fact that after Dodger Talk, Dave is going to the Laker game and wearing his Kobe shoes and Kobe's shirt.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: See? Going with the kids, is that right? Is he going with his cousins? Is he going with his fancy celebrity friends and sitting courtside?
Speaker 1: I believe it's a fancy celebrity friend invite and he's got a plus one interesting his BFF Mike Caine. Okay, and that if you can watch and see the sideline, you'll see Rihanna or whoever offset and then David Vassa and Mike Caine. Mike Caine, Yeah, his bff Mike. He's been around forever, forever. So David vass after Dodger Talk, living the life of Riley, will be headed to the Laker game to have a great time. Yesterday Spectrum Sportsnet LA the day before, I happen to know that he was at Monty's in the Valley Favorite just painting the town read before he has to leave for pitchers and catchers reporting camel Back Ranch camel Back. The Dodgers not going to play internationally for the first time in what three years or two years they were in Korea and then Japan, and they will be starting traditionally stateside and playing the entire year other than you know, Toronto state side. I don't think they can get back into Canada. Very bitter, very bad feelings regarding what happened last year. All right, it is time. The word of the day. Today's word of the Day is anticipatory. We're all waiting for the big game. Kevin Harlan is going to join us in the next hour and we will talk about the Super Bowl and how cool it is and what it's like to call the Super Bowl, and can you believe the Patriots are back on the Super Bowl and can you all these different places that Sam Darnold played, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, but gotta have two weeks of storylines when it comes to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: There is also a bunch of other people, other entities that use Super Bowl Sunday as a platform, a diving board of sorts, to promote their own thing and in the case of the F one, our favorite most complicated international sport in the world. Now, of course, Matt, you know what the big F one news was this week. Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari.
Speaker 2: I like her curves, I like her bumps.
Speaker 1: A bit, her lovely lady loves I love them. Kim Kardashian, I've always been a nippleman like Kim Kardashian has been linked with F one driver for Ferrari, multi time world champion. I think with my Claren and with Mercedes.
Speaker 2: The Grace Eva.
Speaker 1: Now with Ferrari, I passed to Michael Schumacher. He was, I don't know, Yeah, you're pretty great.
Speaker 2: I'm the great STEA.
Speaker 1: That was the news early in the week, but the big F one news on Super Bowl Sunday. All right, HOWLSA. You can congratulate them all you want for going where Chris Humphries has gone before. But we all know and we're all excited that the official eleventh entry on the F one grid starting in twenty twenty six, is another American Formula One team. We've had hass for many years and they suck and.
Speaker 2: Then, but there are team that sucks.
Speaker 1: Zach Brown is the team principal for McLaren. They don't suck, they don't suck. He is a valley guy from Taft High a portly valley guy, much like the athletic director of Notre Dame High School the other night that got into it with Matt Barnes Baby's mom. Zach Brown kind of looks like that. But that's a British team. The Cadillac Formula One team is going to be a United States team. They're officially the eleventh entry on the F one grid starting in twenty twenty six, and they will at six thirty pm Eastern Time during the Super Bowl broadcast reveal their final race Livery for twenty twenty six season. You will see what the Cadillac F one car will look like. Excited about that. It's pretty exciting, I mean very excited freaking Cadillac. I mean, will it look like the Cadillac Katara with that.
Speaker 2: Un fortunate That would be incredibly.
Speaker 1: Will it have suicide doors like Anthony Davis, the running back's favorite Cadillacs that he keeps out on the Inland Empire when he used to go on with Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 2: I hope it has the big wings like the Cadillacs did back in the day. I wouldn't mind like a seventy nine El Dorado, which is the largest doors on that coop you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 1: Expectations from leaks and fan discussions and early concept points towards a premium, luxurious feel, possibly incorporating more Kadiliac signature colors. What are Cadillac signature colors? I guess a black right black, yeah, white, silver, silver, Cadillac Seville chrome, A lot of chrome accents of gold or red white, or perhaps a blue patriotic element red, white and blue.
Speaker 2: I would imagine they'll put a huge logo on it, right, that's sweet Cadillact bird, the Tara bird, Yeah, the bird. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The team will have val Terry botas drive. Of course our favorite Guadalajarian Sergio Petes, and they will debut the proper Livery just before we get it all going nice. Bahrain testing is on the eleventh through the first testing Bahrain. You know they have that twenty inch hot dog out there too. Oh yeah in the UAE. So keep your eyes open for the Cadillac Livery. We're gonna know what it looks like. Come Sunday and it's time for the number.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Here's my number. Number of the day.
Speaker 2: Number the day is twenty. It has arrived found its way into my corporate inbox earlier. I am sure Tim Kates received the same email as well. But the number is twenty p because today is the day that the Barrett Media Top twenty of twenty twenty five major market afternoon drives sports talk show rankings were released and revealed. Okay, now this we have been in the top twenty for years, for years, and this is your twenty three.
Speaker 1: Every year we climb just a little every just a little bit more. Every day we get a little bit closer. We do coming faster like a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: This year twenty Philadelphia, Ricky Bowen Bill nineteen Miami, Hakmann, Crowder and Solana eighteen two idiots seventeen some people in town. I didn't even know they were an afternoon drive. I was like, wow, they put them up against us, now, kaplan, No, it's DeMarco and Travis apparently are the afternoon drive show over there.
Speaker 1: Now. They sure do a lot of mixing.
Speaker 2: They sure do. Seventeen Denver. Philip Lindsay is now a sports talker running back. Yeah, Zach Bye and Lindsey Burns in Gambo out of Phoenix coming at sixteen. Wow, I mean, what were we last year? I think we were right in this range. I feel like where we are. Softy is fifteen Dick Vane.
Speaker 1: As you said, your name is Dick.
Speaker 2: Vaane, Grant and Danny out of the District at fourteen.
Speaker 1: Softy blew me off this week. I couldn't accommodate him, and he's all seattled out. You know he did have JT the brick on those Softy.
Speaker 2: Nobody talks football like JT So who was after Softy, after Softy, Grant and Danny? At fourteen?
Speaker 1: Where's that? Dc?
Speaker 2: The district?
Speaker 1: Is that the you want to apologize to him? No?
Speaker 2: Thirteen In answer to a question.
Speaker 1: A lot of hotels and stuff. They don't even have a thirteenth floor.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, Willard and Dibbs.
Speaker 1: Mark Willard is doing a show with Rob Dibble.
Speaker 2: It's not Rob Dibble unless Rob Dibley has gotten bald and fat well, which I guess is possible. But I don't see the spider web tattoo on his arm, so I think this is a different Dibbs, Dan Dibley. There you go, Dan Dibley.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't anybody want to come on the show. Why don't we have any friends? I don't know? Dan Burree, Brule Barrio, There are Barrerio Barrio twelve Minneapolis, k Fan eleven, Jamie Dukes and Bell in Atlanta. Wow, we're ten. The first time we cracked the top cracked the top ten Petros and money. I knew. I knew that if we stayed with it, we get to the top ten.
Speaker 2: By our twentieth year. By golly now, But I.
Speaker 1: Little upset that Willard is breathing down our necks with his hot Werewolf Breth.
Speaker 2: Just ahead of us in ninth place is g bag Nation out of Dallas.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's a big market, right for sports.
Speaker 2: Spiegel and Holmes in Chicago are eight, Don Han and in Holmes. I think, so you are a good You're absolutely right, So we keep up with some of these people. New York is seven New York Evan or six?
Speaker 1: Wait? Who is in the other New York Don Han and Rosenberg? The hard Line Rosenberg I thought was executed with his wife, Well Ethel and Julius. They had offspring. Uh, it's got it's got a left wing lead, but it's a good show.
Speaker 2: The hard Line in Dallas is five Ike, Spike and Fritz and Phileas, four Waddle and Sylvie and Chicago's three.
Speaker 1: Come on, he but not silly. I don't know how you can speak.
Speaker 2: Mike Valenti and Rico Beard from Detroit or number two?
Speaker 1: And I know who number one is. You're damn right, it is Eruh, Felger and Masks back in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Back in the Super Bowl, Felger and mass.
Speaker 3: Why do you think I summoned Nantucket?
Speaker 4: You think that was handed to me your ass hat, because I work my ass off and I prioritize work.
Speaker 1: And that's important to me. It's important to my family.
Speaker 4: I work my ass off to get there, and I ain't spend two weeks going Google goga. And if you have to, if someone's hurt, do it. But don't put your crap on me either.
Speaker 2: Now, if somebody's hurt after giving birth, all right, don't spend two weeks on paternity leave going Google goga.
Speaker 1: So we are you summarizing parenting is going Google got exactly? It's again, it's a joke, Hurly. Do you understand it's kind of a joke. How many I like dealing with you, Felger? How many two year old cantons I've had to deal with over the past year. I don't hoop off the wall yesterday, Fulger.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hurly. You're not number one, but felgure.
Speaker 1: And I'm just saying at ten, I'm feeling pretty good about ten. Now people can say, well, what do you do? It's like, well, I have the tenth.
Speaker 2: I have a top ten nationally ranked sports radio show, and by the way.
Speaker 1: I ranked it, Well, let me find this Twitter.
Speaker 2: It's this Barrett thing on Twitter is what it is. And I will say all of the suck ups that tagged Barrett Media on Twitter, because that's how I saw it. They tagged us in the notifications, and so I went to their Twitter feed and they were like all of the like Philip Lindsay honored to be part of the list. Oh god, guys, come on, man, have some dignity, self respect.
Speaker 1: Wats Lindsay'll be up to fifteen night.
Speaker 2: We're gonna slide back. A great honor to be recognized by your peers. Thank you Barrett Media and the phone and the voters.
Speaker 1: Vast A just texted in this is a very heartman segment.
Speaker 2: You know you do it every year, Dave, it's an annual. When you're climbing the chart, were climbing.
Speaker 1: Ten is no joke. Wait till we are in the single digits g bagnation and we're gonna be like Tennessee and the SEC like, Hey, it's October and we're sitting right here at number seven. What's y'all gonna do with the ball? Right?
Speaker 3: How does Dallas have a top ten Chia bagnation?
Speaker 1: How does Dallas? How about the Cowboys? Are the biggest brand in all of them.
Speaker 3: You talk Cowboys twelve months a year, well.
Speaker 1: Dad, and you burn Nico Collins and Effigy.
Speaker 2: Right. You probably talk a little bit of a Texas Ranger baseball there, Texada football. Dallas got two shows, yeah, the hard Line.
Speaker 1: And then you got the SMU Coach Lashly Coaches show, Watch it out, not that one.
Speaker 2: Dallas Stars Hockey Talk. Come on a ton down there, man.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of our tenth raking heck yeah, after twenty years, we're coming for you from.
Speaker 3: Cogo's got two, Dallas got two, and New York's got too.
Speaker 1: In the top and LA's got two. In the top twenty or twenty. Yeah, us in our competition. But how do you get to be top twenty when you've had a show in the afternoon for less than a year?
Speaker 2: Is it? Have they not been there for a while?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Case you're the radio guy, do you know?
Speaker 3: I have no clue.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that they were the afternoon. I thought it was the guy. I thought it was the Kapling guy you had mentioned who lives in San Diego.
Speaker 3: He does his show from San Diego, but thinks he's an la guy. Now so yeah, yeah, well that was Hartman.
Speaker 1: This text says today, you guys definitely need to quit going googo gaga and maybe you'll crack the top five ass hats. That's right.
Speaker 2: Take a page out of the Felger and Mass playbook, man, That's how we get there.
Speaker 4: Why do you think I summer in Nantucket? You think that was handed to me, your ass hat?
Speaker 1: Hey, p Felger and Mass just had a San Francisco Chronicle Artle article published about them today. They really took a dump on the city, like literal, like the hobos do so time. Uh, guys like us are not a dime a dozen. Okay, Matt and I are in the top ten of major markets gradual, we are a dime a dozen no more. We may have lost that award of David Vass.
Speaker 2: That was a local award. This is a national award, respected by our national peers like Don Han and Rosenberg and the hard line in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to say it like that. This is a national award. This is a national award.
Speaker 3: I feel like a company email needs to be sent out at least in the building here congratulating.
Speaker 1: Congratual license the petrols and money.
Speaker 2: That's a great call, Kates, will you do it for us?
Speaker 3: Done and done?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I mean top ten guys, right, and there's no other show on the West coast that's in front of us, right, we're the.
Speaker 2: Highest of the West, yeah, Willard? Is it thirteen?
Speaker 1: The the West is the best west of Dallas? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Albuquerque Turquoise and Beanie Show is not that.
Speaker 2: Would you like to know what the big what the medium market rankings were.
Speaker 1: I feel like they could get a little.
Speaker 2: It gets a little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would, but I don't think our listeners. Now, if you're wondering who votes on this stuff?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 3: Major Market Executive panel consists of thirty six program directors and corporate executives from radio's top broadcasting companies, including iHeart Serious, ESPN, Fox Sports, and other brands. Huh, the West is so congratulations guys. It wasn't just Don who voted for you.
Speaker 1: I did this for you. Well, haven't never had any success other than my million what I've given to you.
Speaker 3: It says a total of thirty four shows were eligible for this category Afternoon Drive Major Market a total of how many thirty four? Congratulations all right.
Speaker 1: I don't see Ronnie doesn't sound very excited. I'm thrilled.
Speaker 2: I think he's got the song of the day.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, I'm about to go through.
Speaker 1: This is a song of the day.
Speaker 5: English rock band super Tramp gives us our song of the day called take the Long Way Home from the nineteen seventy nine record Breakfast in America. A crunchy groove for a Thursday afternoon on the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: The number ten sports talk.
Speaker 2: Radio show in the country.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on twenty years man.
Speaker 2: Finally cracking the top ten.
Speaker 5: And to celebrate, we're running through the lush, green, rolling hills of great sports talk, providing four hours of AM radio escapism with our friend David vas Say, getting ready to take you the rest of the way with an edition of Off Season Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: It begins at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you readding.
Speaker 1: So we're behind the Rosenbergs.
Speaker 2: No Julius, we're ahead of.
Speaker 1: McCarthy. Is as sustain on all of us. Indeed, we'll be back with Mark Petros Papadakis. That money snick. This is Petro send Money on.
Speaker 2: Demand, Petrosen Money AM five seventy l a sports love everywhere on the iHeartRadio app one hour from now, Kevin Harlan, voice of the Super Bowl. You'll hear it right here on AM five seventy l A Sports will join us. We have this one hundred dollars gift card to the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill. It is an award winning elevated fast catche will eatery that serves authentic dishes prepared fresh in house. They've got many options to feed a group, catering trays, choice of Greek goodies like build your own euro kits, savory souvlaki skewers. If you would like to place in order, you can visit the Great Greek Grill dot com. Our resident Greek gives it.
Speaker 1: Uh two.
Speaker 2: Two thumbs. I don't know if you knew the Greek word for thumb. I was trying to come up with a Greek word, but I just couldn't. There you go up, So let's give it away now. Call her ten eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventred dollars gift card to the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill during Food of Poalooza week here on Petros and Money.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up in the very next segment, we will have an Adam Osler update.
Speaker 2: Oh did he do an emergency clipper talk?
Speaker 1: I saw one on Kates's YouTube. I don't really care. I just want to play the Hello Hello, got me?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: What it buy this?
Speaker 6: Hello? Hello?
Speaker 1: What it buy this? Thing?
Speaker 2: By this Bluetooth headset? Whantn't you use it?
Speaker 1: So mad? After thirty two teams played two hundred and seventy two games, you called one in Brazil, and then after fourteen teams played twelve playoff games, we're down to the Pats of the Seahawks meeting in the game two hundred and eighty five for the NFL Championship. And of all the top ten afternoon drive shows on the list, we're probably the only one that's not on Radio Round because.
Speaker 2: We're in one hundred percent guarant we're.
Speaker 1: Way too cool. Super Bowl sixty on Sunday, the traditional three thirty Pacific kickoff time still applies in the game is on an NBC that's Channel four, and more importantly, right here on Ami seventy LA Sports. That's true. Is Kevin Hanland doing a game with Kurt Warner.
Speaker 2: That's usually who he does it with. I can't imagine they would break them up and put well Ross Tucker.
Speaker 1: On it with him. I like the job that Sam Darnold's doing. He's twenty for twenty and throwing for four hundred yards. But I'm Kurt Warner and I'm way better. So is my son EJ.
Speaker 2: I do think sometimes they put Ross Tucker on the sideline if they merge broadcasts for a balance.
Speaker 1: Yes, one programming note. A year from now, Super Bowl sixty one will be played at Sofi Stadium, and they will sweep the Hobos out like a wave sweeps the seaweed off the beach. For shame. You may want to put your house up for an Airbnb for next year super Bowl week.
Speaker 2: Get ahead of it, post it right now like.
Speaker 1: The people in the desert. Then do that with Coachella right, get like ten to twenty grand or stage coach. Change your life and you could say Matt Lafleur rubbed his taint all over on my pillows.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We can all profit off the Super Bowl experience, just like all the other hustlers in town, because they're gonna hustle and they're gonna profit. The one overwhelming issue about this game for me, and I think for other people in LA that don't care is that Sam Darnold will become the first USC quarterback to start a Super Bowl. And for the record, USC has had more quarterbacks than anybody else ever drafted by the NFL. So the fact that this has never happened is a bit of an anomaly because USC players have certainly never had trouble making it to the Super Bowl, but they have as the quarterback. So that's a great story for all of us here in Southern CALIFORNI need to revel in and be proud of. Sadly, not everyone even if they used to live here in Southern California and really claim it. Hard knows the lay of the land. Our own Colin Cowherd of The Herd keeps saying that Sam Donald is from Oceanside.
Speaker 6: Fight don't fight an fight all Well, he.
Speaker 2: Knows the West Coast as good as anybody on the air.
Speaker 1: Ocean side is not where Sam Donald is from. That's incorrect. Now if Cowhard means that Donald grew up by the sea, that works by the side of the ocean, but that's true. But actually we all know that Sam Donald is from Capel Valley and played at one Town, one team San Clemente.
Speaker 6: Fight, don't fight a.
Speaker 1: Home of the angry Tritons, not Oceanside High School, which is the home of the Pirates. Oceanside's most famous the Buchanans, but ocean Side Bucannons from there. No, the will but Junior Seaw Of course ocean Side legend went to high school there, So do not be deceived. Sam Darnold is not from Oceanside. Despite Colin Cowhard's very confident utterances all week long, I.
Speaker 2: Would venture to guess that Colin Coward has never been to ocean Side in his life.
Speaker 1: Ocean Side is a different county. Yeah, Now, ocean Side has changed a lot over the last few years. They've built some really nice hotels there. I'm sure he's driven through it, Cowhard has. If you've ever drown, driven from La to San Diego, you have to drive through ocean Side and the Lagots. So I'm sure that he has been to ocean Side.
Speaker 2: You have to a marine base to get there, Yeah, you have to get past Pendleton.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's the first seat. Ocean Side is the first town of San Diego on the beach. Sant Clementy is the last town of Orange County. On the beach between them Santa No Frey and the Camp Penalton and Lost Pool gos Rode. Darnald is a very athletic, very interesting player. He was All CIF and That's hard in ninety six. Hey me too. Some years later, decades later, he was All CIF in basketball twice and was the South Coast League MVP two years in a row. He was a twenty point per game scorer at San Clementy and it was said that at the time he was at least a PAC twelve recruit Mountain West at worst. So Donald when you see him stick there in the pocket and jump up and hit a guy that comes from his hoops background. Family has a volleyball background. Dick Hammer his grandfather reoccurring part on Emergency Marlboro Man, Lifeguard, Fireman, Superstar. In football, Sam Darnald was, along with playing quarterback, originally a wide receiver and a linebacker for the Tritons as well. Just a great, well rounded athlete and that's why we all love him. Not a lifetime pop off quarterback like Josh Rosen.
Speaker 6: Fight, don't fight all fight all.
Speaker 1: We at the Petterson Money Show had a great relationship with Sam Darnold. We never visited him his house at his house in Oceanside or anything, but we got along pretty well with Sam over the years, and one thing we always lamented and discussed was the loss of his favorite burger place, the Burger Stop, which was also Richard Nixon's favorite burger place. He had a vacation home in San Clemente and it was right there off the five Freeway on Pico Boulevard. It closed from the seventies in twenty sixteen, and we also complained about this with Sam Darnold very often over the years. The Burger Stops loss was our connection. I don't know if you ever saw the ball the movie Brick with Joseph Gordon Levitt, which is by far the best noir film ever based at an Orange County high school.
Speaker 2: To the other, oh, there's a few things.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, the one, the one at Tsorro Canyon's pretty good. That's a triple brick. That's a triple But if you want to get ready tonight for the Super Bowl or tomorrow night where sat Brick is the best uh noir movie ever based at an Orange County high school. Two thousand and five Mystery thriller, the same guy that made Knives Out, Ryan Johnson, the USC guy made Brick two thousand and five. And if you really want to get deep into San Clemente culture and a bad brick, a cocaine that went through the town back in two thousand and six and every kid talks like it's nineteen fifty three. D is the movie for you. It is an absolute great movie. And it's shot all around Sant Clementi High School on the field under the freeway which is the five, all around the campus. So that is pretty good. There's a little Sam Darnold prep for everybody as we get ready for the Super Bowl. Maybe we'll have a little bit more tomorrow as the show goes on, a lot of sc guys and local guys like Charbonet, who's hurt, sadly playing or involved? But Jake Bobo do UCLA in the Super Bowl? How about Jennina Woshu out of USC. Yeah, at least o suites like Narbonn Highs, like a real Bobo was a rental, Like Caleb Williams. Stop claiming Bobo bub. We'll be back with more great sports talk on a m I seventy. That is what the fans do. When Bubbo makes a catch up, no Bobo, no Bobo Bubbo, they all go coop for Cooper Cup. But when Bubo it's it's a little more more of a murmur. Stay with it. This is Petrone on Demand.
Speaker 2: Already give away our Food of Palooza one hundred dollars gift card to the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill. Still to come. We got to give away our NBA event tickets for the All Star celebration that's coming to town Castro Rising Stars game. We gotta pair for that. So if you want to go, keep listening. We'll do it between now and at the end of the show. Kevin Harlan, voice of the Super Bowl, heard right here on a five seventy year exclusive home to Super Bowl sixty between the Patriots and Seahawks, is here. That's a three thirty kick. Kevin Harlan's gonna be on the play by play. He will check in with us in about forty minutes or less.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful day to be together in great sports talk. I have a corrections and retractions here regarding the tops or the clip top corrections and retractions. I know the San Clemente people, even though they're all white down there, like to say San Clemente. The reason I say Pedro is because all the Mexicans in Pedro Saint Pedro.
Speaker 2: But so you want to acknowledge the white local, No, I.
Speaker 1: Guess I should. It's two one three. It says not tay San Clemente is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that centy. The old school saying is fishing is plenty in San Clemente. That works. My mom and dad met at the San Clemente State Park. I'm like from there, grew up sponging t Street when it was black Ball twenty four or seven. My dad is a Triton. If Money's dumb ass try to come down and shred, I would burn him every way.
Speaker 2: You will burn me everywhere.
Speaker 1: Hope she does. This is admitted. Going over this ranking every year is just an excuse to play the Felger and Matt's clip once a year.
Speaker 2: You're exactly right, I'm.
Speaker 1: So here for it. That is great sports talk. No, I think Matt great sports talk. I think Matt legitimately feels some small modicum of pride, and so do I, and that's why I know he feels it that we've cracked the top ten.
Speaker 2: I did not expect it. When I woke up this morning and opened that email. I thought it'd be another year of fourteen, fourteen, fifteen, maybe thirteen, if we were lucky part in a whirlwind.
Speaker 3: Right, do you want to hear something, Matt? I got that email and I looked at number thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seven, thirteen, twenty, and I said, dang it, did he make the top twenty this year?
Speaker 2: Look at that?
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed to say that, true story.
Speaker 1: We were at ten. You fooled didn't leave.
Speaker 3: I didn't look that high.
Speaker 1: You're like the guy that tries out for the play and you look at all the parts you thought you were gonna get. You don't realize that you got Romeo and you just walked away. Wait with the sheet got posted?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Willard got thirteen? Did he make the top twenty?
Speaker 1: I didn't get Tim Bold, Prince of Cats. I'm out of here. No, you fool your Romeo. This is man, you stupid fing idiot. Cadillac is. Cadillac is now skewing younger. They're the only demo to go down. Their cars are amaze balls. Now tell money to shut the f up about the seventy nine El Dorado. What a hunk of ass. I just said that they're gonna reveal their livery geez. I don't know what Matt was talking. I was just trying to get the story out.
Speaker 2: Like a seventy nine l do in eighty four Seville maybe Sweet Sedandeville.
Speaker 1: I drove a nineteen eighty nine Saddandeville. That where you got that, mad? I drove a nineteen eighty nine Sedandeville. Was my first car. It was my mother's car. And I mean by the time I was driving is like, you know night. Maybe it was eighty seven, it was, it was uh. I took it on a lot of places, Matt. It was white with a gold rill, with gold grill, like a big ass grill. And it wasn't a drop top, but it had like a canvas top.
Speaker 2: It had the Tono cover yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Which was kind of weird. I had a great tape deck and I had my Cranberry's tape and it was a very special time I left.
Speaker 2: That leather was so supple in the interior.
Speaker 1: Until it was burned by many cigarettes, metal pipes.
Speaker 2: A lot more comfortable than my seventy nine cutlass bench seat in the front.
Speaker 1: Well. It mad, it was a nice it was a nice car, and it's time. There's no doubt about. One of the other things I'm very proud of in my life, as you know, is the No Cavity Club over at doctor Shang's yes in San Pedro, California, formerly Doctor Martin's office now Doctor Shang in San Pedro. And the other day, Matt Monday, I was running around San Pedro with a guy named Dave Wave No, Dave Bahar Bahar, Dave Baija Joy's husband. No, No, he's the guy behind I on TV okay, And we are going around San Pedro like shooting different stuff that he does for his little And we had a couple of cameras and I just said, hey, pull over, take me to I want to check because I was just there. And remember she wasn't sure she was going to put your photo up. She said she wasn't sure, she was going to think about it. And I went in there with the two cameras and I said, I'm here to look at the wall and she asked a brick. She was like, oh, I don't know, and it wasn't up.
Speaker 2: Of course it wasn't, but she had called children.
Speaker 1: She had it. No, she doesn't want to put mine up because there's somebody else, a rivalry between the ladies, and if she puts mine up, then she feels like she has to put hers up. It's hers. The other one of the hygienis, well, what does she want up her picture? Oh? With me, because I'm so awesome. But it's really me that's among the children, like Happy Madison or whatever, uh happy Gilmore Billy Matt Billy Madison, like me amongst the kids. And I went in there and she was very twitter paid it just hoffed and did get Oh, yeah, it's on tape. I don't know what he'll do with it. But I was like, where is It's not up? I said, and she was like, oh, put it up now. I said, no, no, no, in your heart, you didn't want to put it up. Leave it in the desk. Leave it And I said, you think about it. And the other hygienis the one that wants her. She was looking over the top with her big shield and sunglasses and big thing on her head, and I was like, you guys got a real problem here. You guys better figure it out. I've been coming here for forty years, and I've been in the No Cavity Club for that longer than that, forty five years, and my picture has been up amongst the kids, and all of a sudden, all of a sudden, it's somehow on savory.
Speaker 2: Perhaps they have bigger things on their agenda, like filthy rotten mouths that they have to clean.
Speaker 1: Because it's sampedro Okay, Look, just because they're longshoreman, Matt, doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: They know because it's a dental office and that's why she's wearing the plastic visa.
Speaker 1: There were also four or five there's nuns. There are four or five sisters from the nunnery right next door to my old apartment building. Matt, you've been there. There was a nunnery right and a couple of it and it's right by the dental office. There's a few nuns sitting there. And I was like, what's up, ladies? You think I should have it up? They're like, absolutely, it should be up. And you said God bless you, and I did, thank you, sister. So I'm gonna head back and see I.
Speaker 2: Think big impression get in there again.
Speaker 1: They couldn't be happier.
Speaker 2: Is he back, Yes, he's back. Just put the goddamn photo up already. I have my old stay away for a year. They gave me the old photo. Would you like to see it, Matt, the one that used to be on the wall.
Speaker 3: No, we'll post it.
Speaker 1: I'll post it. Then. Here it is, Matt. Oh, that's the one they had up. It's horrible. I wonder they don't want to put it up. Well, this is the one that this is the one that had been up for years.
Speaker 2: It's like, you're an excruciating pain. I'm showing my teeth, but that's not what it looks like. Looks like you're in a lot of pain. Like look at my jaw. It was like wired shut. Is that what the new one looks like? Vaguely, Petro says, this is a little weird. It's a kid's dentist, and there's a not a kid's dennis, a grown man's wall, a grown man with his it's not.
Speaker 1: A kid's dennis. There were four elderly nuns sitting there. It's not a kid's dnnis it's.
Speaker 2: The kid's wall. You're supposed to encourage the kids. No, Cavity Club.
Speaker 1: Say what do you do for work? I come to work to be insulted.
Speaker 2: I come to work to profess that I deserve to have a polaroid on a wall of children.
Speaker 1: Matt. It's a big deal to a lot of people, and it's a deal to me. Big enough deal for those camera guys to follow me in.
Speaker 2: There because you told them to follow you nuns.
Speaker 1: To say it should be up. I have supported doctor Shank's questions. We're gonna call Shang what the nuns could have supported the hygienus. They're the ones that are gonna be working on their mouths. I'm telling I'm telling it walking. We'll be back with the top story three Things Thursdays coming up next