Speaker 1: The following is an exclusive presentation of Seattle Rainsucker on Sports Radio nine fifty kJ.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Rain on the Radio.
Speaker 3: We got Seattle Rain FC today against Washington Spirit. This is the eighth place team in Seattle and NWSL facing off against the fourth place Washington Spirit team. For NWSL right now, we're looking at Utah and Portland at the top of the table with twenty three points. Seattle is at fourteen, and Washington right now working just underneath those league leaders here in this thirty game season. Used to be twenty six games, but with the new inclusion of both Denver and Boston, we're up to thirty games here in the NWSL season. Washington, by the way, they are coming off of a twenty twenty five year where they lost the championship game one to nothing. So this is a very, very excellent team here in the Washington Spirit.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the.
Speaker 3: Starting lineup for Laura Harvey's Seattle rain squad. She's got Claudia Dickey, of course in goal, who was just called up to the United States national team for this upcoming break. Madison Curry at your left back spot, Jordan Bug one of your center backs, alongside Phebe mclernan. Sophia Houerta of course is your right back. She of course now with two hundred NWSL regular season starts, fifth player ever to get that yet. Has James Turner in the holding midfield alongside Ainsley McCammon. You're attacking midfielders Maddie Dollen, Sally Menti in the middle, Holly Ward, who was just called up to Canada for the World Cup break ahead. She is on the right wing with Maddie Mercado up top and Stephanie. I do believe that's the exact same lineup as last week in Boston.
Speaker 4: The exact same lineup, and I love what Laura Harvey had to say about it. Actually, she said, you know, this might not be our best eleven on paper, but it's our best eleven in form right now. They're in the proper form and I think that just shows she has a lot of confidence. They did exactly what she wanted in Boston, so give them a chance to do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eas as she was saying there is kind of couldn't come up with any way to justify changing the starting lineup after that win, So Rainer sticking from there, Meanwhile, for the Washington Spirit, we just saw them three weeks ago. They beat Seattle, won nothing at Luminfield in a game that we talked about. Seattle dominated Washington. So the changes for Washington are very limited. They are pretty much staying the exact same in the midfield and forward. Sofia Cantore is up top at the forward. They have what we're gonna call it a four to two three one. They listed it as a four to three three. I don't think that's right. Cantoria will be up top. Coassi will be on one wing. Trinity Rodman will be on another wing. She's an outstanding player, somebody who committed to Washington State University, never actually played, went to the league and has been extremely good since. Lacy Santos in the middle of them. Their holding midfielders will be Hal Hirschfeldt, who was just celebrated by the way for fifty games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, appearance fifty for Spirit.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting decision to celebrate somebody for hearing in fifty games. But okay, Rebecca Bernal is their other holding midfielder. Then their back four is where they made the changes from three weeks ago. Lucia di diguelmo is going to be their right back, Gabrielle carl is their left back. Elizabeth Say and Tara Rudd are their center backs with Sandy mc ivor in goal. So Stephanie's we look at their team pretty much, outside of only two defensive changes, the same team that they brought to Seattle three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think it's kind of the same thing with Laura Harvey' sa. You know, why change it if it's working, and they have an incredibly strong front six. I would say that they really rely on for their speed of play, for their aggressiveness, for getting goals, and that's not going to change the back line, you know, I'd say a few changes, probably just because of tired legs again two games last week. That's really different and new for them compared to you know NWSL opponents, including the Rain.
Speaker 3: Well, we're just about to get this game kicked off at Audy Field in Washington, d C. Washington Spirit hosting the Seattle Rain. Also, as we're talking about the Spirit, by the way, important to note that they have Claudia Martinez off the bench. She's the one who scored an eighty third minute goal against Seattle and the benches on this team, Stephanie. As we're just moments away from getting kickoff, Seattle is loaded on the bench. Washington's also very good on the bench as well. This will be an interesting first half as we look forward to a should be packed substitute second half.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I think we're looking at a chess match in the first half, to see how each team builds, how you know, how are they going to adjust to each other, what are they going to give each other? And then you and I both were talking about sixty minutes on. I think it's a new game because of how many people can go into this.
Speaker 3: Well, we are kicked off here at Audi Field in Washington, as we are at a long ball up the left side from Claudia Dicky and that will go out for a throw in for the spirit our referee today Alexandra bill Etter on var we have Danielle Chesky as we are underway here at Audi Field and Seattle Rain controlling in their own end and Claudia Dicky with the ball at her feet. And this game right now is as a chance, I think, Stephanie, for Seattle Rain to take this road trip where they started the road trip with a win last week against Boston, a chance to build on that and get another w here today to kind of say that that five game stress without a goal, that is so far in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 2: We are far past.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, definitely, especially you know, we didn't talk about it earlier, but they're staying out on the East Coast, so's it's really different for a team to you know, not be traveling, especially when they're obviously so far away on the East Coast, but instead they're getting used to the climate out there. They're getting us to the time zone, but they also are away from home, so it's gonna take them a bit to kind of get into the game.
Speaker 3: And we already have a very very quick injury here in just the second minute of this game, and it's the right back for Washington, Lucia di Gaguelmo, the Italian right back who is coming off of a bunch of trophies with Roma down there in Italy.
Speaker 2: She's back up.
Speaker 3: But for the Seattle Rain that is going to be Holly Ward and a bunch of other players. Sophia Aware too, who just went in hard there against Gigielmo. That was almost like a football esque tackle there from Sophia Aguerta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like her knee ended up going someone around her stomach, which not comfortable.
Speaker 3: And right now Washington's backlane wasn't comfortable there pressure from Maddy Mercado. It has to go back to their goalkeeper and their goalkeeper Sandy mckiver, who's played every single minute of their ten games so far this year. It's a Washington team that right now is going to get pressure from a high press here of Seattle. And it's that press, I think Stephanie in that Boston game that stood out from Seattle. They really made that Boston Legacy team uncomfortable. As we'll get to that here in a minute. Here comes Washington down the right side. Here's Kuwassi trying to find Santos in the middle, but done well. There is Madison Curry to shuffle that out. It will be a goal kick. But it's that press, right saw us work so well against Boston.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And you know Laura Harvey loves a good press, and I think she said it multiple times. She said to her team that if she needs to sub early, she'll sub early, but she wants to see the pace and the tone to be set from that front line, and she, you know, she talked about how it really sets the you know everything for the midfielders and the defenders behind those forwards to see them putting pressure on that back line, and especially against a team like the Washington Spirit, just don't let Rodman Cantorre.
Speaker 5: Those players up the field have the ball. How you do that? You win it in their end.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing too, is a rain get the ball out of the back of the net. Playing with a lot of now press from Washingtons and Laura Harvey was talking about how how good Claudia Dickey, who again she's the number one goalkeeper for the United States national team. She was called up for their upcoming games here during the World Cup break. She said that she's phenomenal off of crosses, but also she's so good with the ball at her feet. She said, she's actually at her best when she's facing pressers. So you could almost see the strategy right there. As a ball goes out for a rain thrown on the far side, you'd almost see that the rain. The way they were playing out of the back stuff, and he almost just was asking, please please press Claudia because she's going to be better under the press.
Speaker 2: Than if you just give her that time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Laura, have you said that specifically, she's better with pressure, So they are. They actually are enticing the spirit to come and press out. And you know, part of the reason why teams do that is because it creates more space behind Laura Harvey, doesn't you know, essentially want tons of spirit players in the box around Claudia Dicki. But what it allows is those players to be composed on the ball. As more Washington players get pulled up out of position, there's gaps, there's channels behind them, and then they can dump it up to Mercado to Dollen and they can move out from there.
Speaker 2: Seattle rain.
Speaker 3: Right now, a long pass down the far end of the field is taken away from Washington.
Speaker 2: Now they have the ball in their own half right now.
Speaker 3: Just a couple changes from three weeks ago when Washington came to Seattle.
Speaker 2: We're heavily outplayed but still won the game one.
Speaker 3: Nothing there late, and they are just dealing with a couple of those small changes. But here's a chance for Matti Dolleen trying to win a ball brought down foul called Mattie Dolleen an excellent job to come in take a loose pass away from Elizabeth Say. That is one of those changes that Washington has made, and it costs him right there is it's a free kick for Seattle in a dangerous spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Matti Dolleen is the wide forward coming all the way across the field to really challenge that central center back. You don't always expect that pressure because normally the nine would be pressing there. So Say just doesn't expect it, and she's able to really get on the ball.
Speaker 5: And like Laura Harvey said, Mattie Dollen's the most.
Speaker 4: Competitive player I think she said, one of the most competitive that she has ever coached.
Speaker 5: You can see it there. She gets the ball, gets it away from her and then brings in the foul in a dangerous spot.
Speaker 3: A bit of an issue there that I have is that for Elizabeth Say, she I was going to say, the issue is not getting a yellow card because at that point she's last person back and you know she has no choice, Elizabeth Say does but to drag down Mattie Dolleen, who would have been one on one with the keeper, and to say, does get the yellow card here in the sixth minute. So in early yellow for one of their center backs. That is something certainly to monitor. But here comes the free kick. It will of course be Sophia Hoer. It's a standing over it about ten yards outside of the Washington box. We will see how Sophia where itsa sets this one up. It's gonna be swinging towards, but it can't get over that first line as Washington's able to clear that away. But Rain will hold right near the halfway point. Long ball here, it's howeer Itza trying to slip a ball in to that far post, but it's cleared away out for a Rain throwing here as the clock strike six minutes zero zero so far Seattle RAINFC, Washington Spirit. On Sports Radio nine to fifty Kjim Jackson, Feltz, Stephanie Verdoya bringing you the game here on this Saturday afternoon. It's a long throw and coming into Mercado. Mercado working with it in the corner to Don Lee and that took a touch out and it will stay with a Rain throwing here from that far in the left. It'll be Madison Curry from this throw in throwing about five yards from.
Speaker 2: The end line.
Speaker 3: It will be a long throw and trying to reach Maddie Donaleen. Once again Washington trying to clear it. They can't. Here's Donleen crossed to the far post is Holly Ward. There she is, and this will stay with the rain ward working on this right. She cuts it over to Huerta looking for a cross and excellent defending there by Guguilmo. That you left back for Washington to get in the way of that one, and that will go for a washing thrown here from the near side the left as they defended that build up by the rain very very well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we've talked about it a lot in previous games.
Speaker 4: The rain love this half space on the width, so Huerta and Curry players like that. They love to get up and beyond their attackers, so they're actually like the highest player on the field. And sometimes that looks odd to folks who maybe don't watch a ton of soccer, but you really want your outside backs and this type of formation to release and create that we call it, you know, overload numbers up situation.
Speaker 3: Here's an errant pass that Seattle takes away and now here they're working up on this left side. Here comes Madison. Curry has Dollen to help. She also has has James Turner in the middle, ball up to Mercado, now out wide, did Dolleen, Oh, Dleen trying to get to that near post.
Speaker 2: Run she does.
Speaker 3: She crosses it in and that shot takes not the best touch there, but it is Hollywood getting the ball there right in front of goal and could just redirect it onto the goalkeeper Sandy mckiver.
Speaker 2: But not a overly dangerous chance.
Speaker 3: But it's once again it's the chances creating, and that was a chance created there from Maddie Dolleen on the left side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again her competitiveness, you see, she just wants to get around her defender. When she's on the ball. She drives to the end line and is able to send a nice kind of half chipped ball that just holds enough for Hollywood to get around it, and unfortunately she didn't get enough power.
Speaker 5: It ends up going right to.
Speaker 3: McIver Washington has right now they're kicking it along the back line. It's also interesting, Stephanie, because we were hearing from Laura Harvey how something that she really wants out of the crossing of this team is you get into that prime assist zone, you get into that end line crosses and you put it near post. And as we have Washington now working up this left side, a great job there by Phebe mclernan to kick that out. But we've seen now two times in the last about three minutes that run towards the end line and cross coming towards roughly that near post. Seattle, I think, is going to try to go for that. From head coach Laura Harvey today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, she wants to see it a lot more, especially from players like Mercado and Doline and Fischel if she comes in.
Speaker 5: She talked about how.
Speaker 4: Important it is for them to continue that run because if they don't get it, it creates the space behind them for other players.
Speaker 5: And if we are going to focus on scoring.
Speaker 4: By crossing and finishing, then what we really need are different types of crosses to put good players in those positions.
Speaker 3: The other thing, too, is Washington will send a long ball up here and Seattle Rain will take this back at square, who moves the ball up the field to McCammon. McCammon still working through the middle here now trying to get the ball toward on the right, but it's cut away from Washington. They will now bring it out here in control Seattle. Here, we're ten minutes into this game, and the Rain right now have looked certainly more dangerous going forward, just as they did three weeks ago. But it also is the Washington Spirit are controlling this along they're along their back line. Laura Harvey talked about wanting to be more unpredictable, wanting to be more fluid with her team. She said that they believe that they saw the most fluidity in that game against Washington and in the game against Boston. So it's about being unpredictable, finding that fluidity that could lead to the offensive success they're looking for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, and specifically in her billd out and so what she's saying there is she wants when they're in their defensive half, when the Rain have the ball coming out from Dickey and their back line, can we get different midfielders on the ball, different attackers. Can they move in different spaces so it's not so predictable because of the team Mike Washington Spirit. You do not want Rodman picking off a pass at the top of the eighteen. So how can you make it that they're constantly guessing what they're going to do next?
Speaker 3: And some air and passes from Washington have the ball back at the Rain feed. It's Stephen mclernan, one of our lead center backs alongside Jordan Bug who is returned to the field. She got her first start against Boston last week. I don't think it's any coincidence that she gets her first start in the Rain get their first win in five games.
Speaker 2: She's such an important player.
Speaker 3: A clearance will not go far enough and it will still be washing here on this right side. But a great play by Madison Curry to get in the way of that pass and send it out for a throw in here in the eleventh minute where zero zero is so far rain and spirit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they want to be careful there. So the rain the pass got picked off. Whereta was trying to play kind of a horizontal pass across the field. We call them a flat ball, so then it's pretty easy to pick up if you're an opposing player coming through, and that's what happened.
Speaker 5: It's super dangerous.
Speaker 4: So they want to keep aware that they can play vertically when they can higher up the field.
Speaker 3: Washington could not throw it in advance. They had to play negative, and now the ball is once again at their back it's Goguelmo on their left back spot trying to find a ball forward. Here is Rodman working on Cuerta and working on mcclernan. Mcclernan hits that out for another Washington thrown. You mentioned the name Rodman. I did there as well. Trinity Rodman one of the star players in this entire league. She became the youngest player about a month ago in NWSL history to have thirty goals and twenty assists. But since that game against Orlando, which was a four to two win, where she had a goal and two assists in that game, she has been off the score. She she kind of got a minor injury in that game against Seattle, and Trindy Rodman has not been the same players since that Orlando game. It was really in that Seattle game, Stephanie, where Trinity Rodman was a little bit erased and the rain did a tremendous job to shut down the star talent for Washington.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they definitely did. You could see her getting frustrated throughout the game. She was kind of throwing her hands up, she wasn't getting on the ball. At one point we saw her across the field, changed.
Speaker 5: Positions, come all the way back to get.
Speaker 4: The ball at her feet. I mean, she was just demanding it. She was so frustrated. You know, you kind of win when you get a player like that that frustrated because it changes their game. She's gonna actually dribble differently, She's gonna take different chances because she's frustrated. It's something she you know, as her development works on show, she'll figure out. She's also a really passionate player, very fun to watch. But it's great when you can kind of stifle that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you have a forward who has to retreat to the back line just to get involved and get touches, that's a good thing that you're doing there on the defensive end. But here is Washington now working up this left wing because Rodman has slipped back.
Speaker 2: A little bit towards kind of more of a midfield position.
Speaker 3: You can already see her working back in that formation just to get touches, to get more comfortable to.
Speaker 2: Get on the ball.
Speaker 3: A Trindy Rodman one of the ten international call ups that the Spirit have during this World Cup break. As they now attack off the right, a referee slips and falls and the play is advancing now to the left side. Here is Rodman working on two defenders and great job of howertz again in the way of that one and stop any would be attack for the Spirit and then tries to clear a ball and clear right off of Trindy Rodman's shoulder neck area.
Speaker 2: That's quite a big hit off of Trinity Rodman.
Speaker 3: But I think mclernan won't feel bad about that at all.
Speaker 4: Now, it's a great play by Howard to actually she comes back kind of a backslide tackle to just keep that ball from going through the back line.
Speaker 3: Almost looked like it went off Trindy Rodmins head there. Yeah, that was quite a clearance by mclernan. But Washington will take it from there. On end of the field. Sandy McIvor their goalkeeper, ball at her foot and they will now begin this press here with Maddie Dolleen pressing hard their goalkeeper and McIver just has to send this long ball forward. It's where where it's sending the ball forward, trying to reach Holly Ward, but Washington will cut that out and the Spirit will take it away trying to attack again. But it's this Seattle press right now that is getting in the way of any would be Spirit attack.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Spirit actually don't look comfortable all swinging the ball along their back line right now.
Speaker 3: And Sofia Huerta earns a foul she was going up against. I believe that was Lacy Santos. Santos brings her down on a ball that was popped over the top and it will be a free kick for Seattle in their own end of the field.
Speaker 2: And talk more about that, Stephanie.
Speaker 3: I think this is one interesting part of this game is just watching the uncomfortability of Washington, a team that was playing a very similar way three weeks ago when they were handily outplayed by Seattle despite winning one nothing. I expected a fair bit more adjustments, and I haven't seen it yet. Seattle is playing a little bit similar to the way that they played three weeks ago, and now you just want to see that finish that you didn't get three weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And again I'm not super surprised that there's not many adjustments from the Spirit. I mean, they're still sitting at number four. They still have some very strong players who feel really good and comfortable in what they do, and they already have been a fluid team.
Speaker 2: Here's you Almo, chance to cross it in.
Speaker 3: Not able to even get it past mcclernan, easily taken away by Seattle, and Huerta jukes out, a defender or an attacker sends the ball forward.
Speaker 2: Should be a foul. No foul called on Mercado.
Speaker 3: Washington still have it now in the middle of the park and they will kind of reset go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I just and because of that, because you know, both teams are fluid in or what they're working on to be is to be fluid in this game and to set something. That's kind of why we said the sixty minutes, those last thirty minutes are really going to tell a lot.
Speaker 3: Ball slipped through here, here's a chance for Cantore in the box. Now to Rodman, chance to cut in. Lots of defending happening. Foul called on Trinity Rodman right outside the box. Yellow card given to Holly Ward. This will be a free kick for Washington. And what about one yard outside the penalty box and a dangerous free kick coming for the Spirit after that hard tackle on Trindy Rodman.
Speaker 4: What do you think I'm not sure that's a yellow card. I think it's probably a foul. Rodman does a great job to separate from her defender. She takes a big touch across her body and then Ward kind of steps in and collides with her.
Speaker 5: I think it's actually a pretty soft fowl.
Speaker 4: I think it's definitely not a yellow, but unfortunately it is in a very dangerous spot.
Speaker 3: And a collision right the collisions worse than the actual foul was, where Ward just tries to step in and get in the middle of the ball and the player, and that forced just the overwhelming speed of Trinity Rodman there quickly working off of that corner of the box. And here comes Lacey Santos, the thirty year old Columbian with a chance. Now there's a two person wall right in front of Claudia Dicky. Here's Santos over it, and she will go for goal and she will put it in the back of the net. Lacey Santos with a free kick from just outside the penalty box. After that foul, the yellow card foul by Holly Ward, Santos puts it past Claudia Dicky, right in between the wall and the group of players, and it's now Washington Spirit one Seattle, nothing in the eighteenth minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know it's a well placed ball.
Speaker 4: I think Seattle definitely will want this one back to try and defend it.
Speaker 5: You know, a Dickie and and it.
Speaker 4: Actually just sneaks over the head I think of as James Turner there, and so you know, she kind of curls it around. It's not high, it bounces right in front of Dickie. I think Dicky was blocked, couldn't see. She dives late, and it sneaks into that back post, not with a ton of power, but with a lot of precision, and she's able to get it through multiple defenders in that eighteen yard box.
Speaker 3: I think it's the height on that ball right above has right because I think that Claudia Dicky's watching that saying it's going to be headed away, and it's just it's the height on that that Dicky doesn't see, doesn't get hit away, and by the time she can react, it's just a little bit too late.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, And I don't want to be that person that says anything about the keeper after a goals scored, because it's you know, they got the ball down there, that it was a good kick by Santos. But I do think Dicky that might have been a little too casual. Only talked about this with her play before where she needs to dive there like.
Speaker 5: It's coming through. It's hard.
Speaker 4: There could have been a deflection, but you can't assume your player, your defender is going to head that out.
Speaker 5: You need to go with the ball.
Speaker 3: Oh, Seattle Rain right now down one nothing to Washington here in the first twenty minutes of this game. And for the Seattle Rain and they went five games a goal. They scored two at Boston in Rhode Island last week, and now they will need to score another two if they want a full three points today. So here we go with this Rain team and they will have to put numbers four, They will have to press, They will have to pull all the levers and push all the buttons to.
Speaker 2: Get the win here today.
Speaker 3: But they can do it, especially now that they've kind of, as Madison Curry talked about, have this new system under head coach Laura Harvey that they're getting more comfortable with. They took time to adjust, they're back in the system right now and you think you can see that it sort of is again a very goal that was very against the run and play This has been all the Rains game for the first eighteen minutes. That goal will certainly change some dynamics, but the Rain have been good creating chances in the first twenty they have.
Speaker 4: And what's hard is it really shifts the momentum. I think if you're watching the game, you think this is the Rains game. You know, the Spirit get this one chance, and now all of a sudden it looks like a one zero game where you need the energy that Laura Harvey talked about. You need the press, you need the you know, the organization, the communication to be a team like the Spirit.
Speaker 5: So the Rain need to play like their tide zero zero.
Speaker 3: There's a ball towards that far post, Maddy Dollen on it. It's just clipped away there from Gabriellecarl and this will go out if I believe for a corner kick here. The Rain will have a corner kick here as the clock strikes twenty and it will go to Sophia Hoyerta, who will be over this corner. We see Washington head coach Adrian Gonzalez, the Coach of the Month in April for this Washington Spirit team that was dominant in the month of April. They went into conca caff Action recently played two games last week, got to win over Pajuca and then lost the concor CAF final. The Club America Washington Spirit, one of the best teams in NWSL. Here comes the corner, goes to the near post for Dolleen, bounces around still with the rain. Now back out to the left. Here swhere to still over it has some help. She will cross it again in headed away from Washington. Now cleared, but only cleared a little bit. Is still with Seattle. Here's mcclern or, here's bug on it, bug clipping a ball in. It's do lean in the penalty box, working against the defender, hand raised and will be a handball there in the box on Seattle. It will go now for a Washington free kick from inside their own penalty box.
Speaker 2: The referees just holding up play.
Speaker 3: Is a lot of crosses in there, and that's one of something that Laura Harvey talked a lot about Stephanie is the types of crosses that she wants to see from this team.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 3: Across actually both crosses that led to goals for Seattle in Boston. Won a long cross into the box that creates a handball, the other one, of course being Curry to Doleen. But it's those types of crosses that certainly Laura Harvey wants to see.
Speaker 4: It is, she said, the crosses from the half space. We talked about that, that's where Queerta likes to live a lot and kind you're kind of in that internal channel and you ping it in and hope that folks are running in. She said she likes to have four players in the box generally. I think they've been inconsistent with that at times and getting the numbers in the box that they want to. It's definitely where they're looking to score most of their goals. And she talked a lot about production, production, production in this call, and she wants more from her attacking players.
Speaker 3: Here's the Rain trying to work in the washing penalty box. They're asking for a handball and no call given. Here is the Spirit on the counter. Here's Kuassie Kulassie working with a couple players. Now here's Rodman all the way on the left. She is fast and she has space into the penalty box. Shot great stop there by Fami mclernan to get in the way of that Trinity Rodman shot. Outstanding recovery there by mclernan to get in the way of that one for a fast player in Rodman, and what a great service by Guassie as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Cowassi and Robin are some of the fastest players on the ball in the league. And then when they're matchup together, I mean they covered thirty forty yards so quickly, and mclarnan does a great diving save there to block anything going towards a goal.
Speaker 3: Really good defensive play by mclernan on that counter attack by Washington. When Trinity Robin has that much space and the ball at her feet, usually good things happen. And that is a testament to the great defensive play that mclernan just made. But it will stay with Washington here leading one nothing goal about five minutes ago from Lacy Santos on the free kick from about nineteen yards out. Seattle Rain will have to fight back from one nothing down in the final sixty plus minutes of this game. Stays with Washington here on this end. Lots of good defensive pressure from Seattle, they will earn a foul free kick for the Rain and that counterattack for as much promise as that had for one minute, will not get anything for the Spirit. Those are the kind of stops Seattle Rain absolutely need down one nothing because you cannot afford to go down too to this Spirit team that again was just in a Coca CAF final week ago.
Speaker 4: And you know what surprised me so far with how the Spirit are playing is I mean shouldn't because this is who they are, but they are playing very aggressively. I mean, I want to say, that's like the fourth or fifth foul that we've seen already, and they're going into every fifty to fifty and Brain players are kind of falling left and right, and that.
Speaker 3: Should have been a sixth foul. Sophia Horitze was brought down. The attack maintained here on the right side for Washington chance for them to cross it and takes a deflection off of Madison Curry and that will be out for a Washington Spirit corner kick. And yeah, you can already feel that goal has certainly changed the makeup of this game. The first eighteen minutes we're all Seattle and now we're already kind of seeing the dynamic changing and if it's going to be a lot of counter attacks for the Spirit. You're really gonna need Bug and mcclernan and Huerta and Curry to recover on that defensive end as Seattle will push numbers forward. But here comes a corner kick for the Washington with Lacy Santos here in the twenty fifth minute, the goal scorer for the Spirit today. There'll be an outswinger from the far side the right. She will go short, another chance to cross it in back to Santos on her left foot, crossing it forward, takes it aflection now going to the back stick, still with Washington has good pressure there Mercado, but chance to cross for Rodman cuts in now crossing and headed away, good headed from mcclernan. Follow up shot still with Rodman still at the far post into the assist zone, crossing it back post, headed away again from Huerta and now cleared away from Maddie Dollen.
Speaker 2: A rush of pressure there from Washington. With a few chances.
Speaker 3: Seattle did well with it, but it stays with the Spirit now here on this right side. Lit'tle flip over into the box asking for handballs, asking for fouls, still with Washington back out on this right side once again looking for some space to cross going up against has James Turner Cross comes in, takes it aflection and we will see where we get to here as Seattle right now will have to deal maybe with another goalkick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that last little bit with Washington Spirit, you can tell the type of team that they are. I don't want to call it chaotic, because they are very fluid. They're very good at moving together in different spaces. And we talked about this the last game. I mean, trittyde Rodbin crossed the field multiple times, played different positions just trying to find the ball. They have multiple players that do that, Cantore Martinez when she comes in, and so one of the issues is there are so many players around the box for the Spirit that feel like they could score at any moment, and that is very, very dangerous, especially when the rain are trying to get back into this game. It's a one zero game. They really need to find that momentum to be able to keep pushing. And when you have, you know, it feels like eight to nine players around that eighteen yard box at any moment.
Speaker 5: It is so hard to feel comfortable.
Speaker 4: And they have twenty minutes until this halftime they need to find that comfort so they can have confidence for themselves to go forward and create their own chances.
Speaker 3: So here we go, we'll get the updated situation for just a moment. It's a Washington Spirit team right now that have not won an NWSL game since since the Seattle win about three weeks ago. And it's a Washington Spirit team that is coming off of a Conca Caff performance where they fell in the final by a score of five to three. High scoring game there, but a game that a little bit exposed how their defense can sometimes be exposed.
Speaker 2: And they made changes the back.
Speaker 3: You still have one of their best players, center back, Tara Rudd is their right center back, but their left center back now they made a change there. So obviously not happy their head coach, Adrian Gonzalez, not happy with the defensive performances that they had in that Conca Caff final. There's a cross coming in here, Trindy Rodman at the back post, and she will not be able to handle that one and it will be out for a goalkick here in the twenty eighth minute.
Speaker 4: Oh and Trinity Rodman at the back post. It's just the last thing you want to hear when you're on the field and they're doing again a great job. Kuwassi cannot be stated enough how dangerous of a player she is. And again, when you have Rodman and Quassi on both sides, they're really coming down both. They don't prioritize one. Actually, they're dangerous on both sides. And the way that the Rains sometimes like to prioritize square to attacking or Dalline attacking on the left, there's.
Speaker 5: Some balance to both of these teams.
Speaker 4: And so again I mean these last you know, now less than twenty minutes before this half, we really need to see a momentum shift for the Rain to go into half only one zero.
Speaker 3: Now right now we're into the twenty ninth minute of this game, Washington leading one nothing. They have the ball along their back line now with Bug and mcclernan, and you're just waiting for Seattle Rain to break through here and hopefully not get a counterattack against them. They will earn a foul from just inside their own half the field, and Seattle, already trying to work fast, referee will hold her up for just a moment. You can already feel the quickness of this Rain team. They want to kind of work back very fast and try to get things going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like that. I actually like that little body language. Right, the ball goes down, they don't want to mess around, they don't want to send it long.
Speaker 4: Put the ball on the ground, move it and let's get everyone on the same page.
Speaker 5: And the ball higher up the field.
Speaker 3: There's Ward on this right side trying to win that ball back. But it's good Galmo who takes it away still with Seattle, though it's going into a lot of tackles. There is McCammon, but it is another takeaway here and Washington have a chance to break here potentially quickly, but not a good enough ball to their right side of the field. They will have to hold it up and quickly the Rain gets set back up on their defensive end and Washington will have to work just a little bit slower. And now another physical play in the middle of the park, Rain asking for a foul there is I believe that was Mercato at the top getting dragged down. But it's that physicality you talked about a few minutes ago, Washington playing. You know, I talked about the adjustments from three weeks ago, the adjustment that I'm seeing the most.
Speaker 2: Is that physicality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely physicality.
Speaker 4: I would also say they're a little bit more patient in their buildout than they were when we first saw them a few weeks ago. They're willing to swing it, They're willing to go out the other side. They're a very good team, but I sense from them a confidence in that that they're able to slow the game down, just at least not when they're in their deep defensive ends.
Speaker 3: There's Kawassie chance to cross it in blocked immediately and good job there by has James Turner to take that one away back to ward laying it off and Seattle working with a little bit of pressure but passing the ball around.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: It was kind of interesting, you know, in those first few scoreless games that we had, especially that Utah game about a month ago, the issue for Seattle was the defensive giveaways. That issue has changed to offensive scoring in the finishing balls, but the defensive giveaways, at least since that little stretch highlighted around the Utah game, been much better. And you look at that series right there where the pressure from Washington was on Seattle doing very very well to pass under pressure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely not only their back line and Bug and Curry and Huerta, who are very composed and under pressure. We saw that even last week against Boston. Boston had a pretty high press as well, and so they do that comfortably. They also really rely on their holding mids in this formation and in this structure, and so you know that's has, that's James Turner coming down and being comfortable, it's Ainsley McCammon. Both of those players really really set the stage for how the Rain can build out in different ways, and Laura Harvey focused on that this week. She said those players are going to be huge for them in order to build out.
Speaker 3: Seattle passing along their back line of ball head to Holly Ward and was immediately fouled by Washington and more physical play there from the Spirit as Seattle has a free kick and they will lay it off and try to play out of the middle of the park. Here with Bug over to the left side for Curry. Curry trying to find the field for James Turner. She cannot connect with Maddy Dollen and is taken away by the Spirit here in the thirty second minute, Washington Spirit leading one nothing. An eighteenth minute goal by Lacy Santos off of a free kick is how they got their lead. And they will now try to build out of the back with some high press by the Seattle rain now ball on to the right side for them using their full backs to try to get something going out of the back. Here's Kossie going up against that left side and his physical play there. But a great play there, I believe from James Turner to give in the way of that and stop any would be attacked there from Kawassie. Ball up all the way towards McCammon. But that's out and it will stay with Seattle here with a throwing on this near side.
Speaker 2: The right throwing comes quickly.
Speaker 3: It's that pace, it's that attempted quick build up, but it's Washington taking it away. Now they have the chance to counter Santos calling out a play sending a long ball four but cut out well by Madison Curry to get in the way of that one and send it all the way back to Washington's goalkeeper, Sandy McIver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's really pink ponging back around in this midfield right now. Neither team is established establishing a good rhythm or you know, overt possession, and so it's kind of going back and forth, and we're seeing the physical play and it feels like really really fifty to fifty right now.
Speaker 3: It certainly does a foul called there on the spirit just inside of their own half. Gabrielle Karl with a rather large collision there taking just a moment here to breathe after what was some furious back and forth play in the middle of the park there for the last couple of minutes of this game, and for Seattle, Sally Menti taking an extra minute there, the Roosevelt High School alum, just making sure she is okay. It was an interesting change that head coach Laurel Harvey made for that Boston match, putting Sallymenti in that number ten spot. Obviously, with the injury to Jeff Fishlock, the big question is can the Seattle rain find in number ten? Can they find a central attacking midfielder who can make up for the loss of Jess Fishlock and Sally Menti, who has a lot of promising talent. The young twenty four year old from Roosevelt High School and Santa Clara University, she is up for it, as she was started in that Boston game and getting another start here today, her third of the year. But a free kick coming for Seattle. A long time for this free kick setup, probably about forty yards out from goal is will be Sophia Auerta over it raises her left hand, sending the long ball towards the far post, and nearly had Maddy Mercato at that far post. Takes a couple of bounces around and we'll go into the arms easily of Sandy mckiv or in goal for Washing. But you had that far post there from Mercado. She was set up and that ball was headed there from Sophia Aguerta.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's a good ball from Werta.
Speaker 4: And again, I think when we're talking about again, the word that Laura Harvey used was production. Production means, you know, good shots on frame. It doesn't just mean goals, means good third entry passes, you know, it's it's assists. It's anything that creates a really hard chance that they have to defend, either by shot blocking or a good saved by the keeper. And I think one thing we're seeing right now is the rain are still creating chances. They're still in this game. There is a need for that final piece, a better production at the end. It needs to be a better shot on frame, a better header. They need to challenge mcguiber moore.
Speaker 3: Here's Lacy Santos playing right through the middle of Seattle and here's Kassi now on this right side. Kawassi getting right to that end line, chance across cross comes in shot right to the right of the post. A very good quick build up from the Washington Spirit and there's I believe Cantory at the end of that one, putting it just wide. A dangerous moment there as Washington Spirit with some really pinpoint passing in the final third to nearly create a goal, and the rain.
Speaker 4: We're out of shape here, so they were a little unorganized and you know, just kind of in that emergency defending. We've talked about that flee Pebe mcclernan so good at what she's not exceptionally great at is one B one defending out wide because that's not her role as a center back. But we saw Kawassi get the ball wide there and charge at mcclernant and she easily surpassed her. And you know, Kawassi is one of those players that recognizes when it's not a great matchup. She drives towards that end line, and she is someone they have to watch the whole game.
Speaker 3: As long as she is in mclaran trying to send a fall bar forward to Mercado, it's cut out more physical play, a hard foul there, and it's going to be Rebecca Bernald down for Washington's Mercado getting a talking to. No card given, though, but it's that physical play going back and forth. I think Seattle in the first thirty minutes of this game saw the physicality from Washington. Now they're matching it. Foul called there. I wonder, you know, at a certain point from a reugh reaspect, imagine you as a player kind of experienced that where all right, you've set the tone that physical play is going to be allowed.
Speaker 2: Then you've got to make sure it goes both ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's what everyone always says, right, It's got to go both ways.
Speaker 5: It's got to be consistent.
Speaker 4: And so you know, the first the yellow card early on, I think we say, like we said, it was a professional foul that had to be done.
Speaker 5: But we haven't seen.
Speaker 4: A card since, and you know, there's there's definitely they're pushing the line right now. I think we're edging towards some yellow cards.
Speaker 3: Potentially exactly with as much physical play as there was as Maddie Mercado with that foul. Washington picked it up and they've gone all the way very quickly to their own end after a long ball. But it will be out for a goalkick for Claudia Dickie. We can talk about Claudia Dickey for a moment in this game, because it's it's worth talking about her call to the United States national team. And right now is you look ahead to not only the games coming up for the United States, but also you look ahead to the major international tournaments coming up in the coming you know, even you know, three four five years. Claudia Dickie right now, twenty six years old, she has a chance to really become the long term starting goalkeeper of the United States national team for quite a long time right.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, which is so impressive with her young game, I mean the confidence that she plays with, you know, playing well at her feet and coming out on crosses. Those are two areas of the game that can be hard for a young keeper to really, you know, really do well at especially when you're playing against you know, well experienced players and everything. So her game is incredible. It's pretty obvious by the opportunity she's being given. And the best part about you know, keeper opportunities is the ability to stay in there consistently.
Speaker 3: A bit of an interesting play there is the throw and led to a quick back and forth with Lacey Santuz, who tried it a shot from about thirty five yards out that went to a good ten yards wide of goal sorry to interrupted issues. Lazy Sandals was quickly trying to catch Claudia Dickie out a goal, but it was nowhere near on.
Speaker 2: Frame go ahead.
Speaker 4: Basically, I think she heard us talking about how good she was and she was like, let's just test her out, you know, but definitely not the shot she wanted there. And yeah, like we said, Claudia Dickie, I think the unique thing about a goalkeeper position is the every coach really really wants consistency and that position. They don't want to be switching it back and forth. You're not going to see two keepers come into a game, and so Audia Dicky can earn that number one spot. I mean I would expect to see her there for like you said years to come.
Speaker 3: I mean they had those three games against Japan there what was that in April and one of the games was against Lumen at lumen Field, and unfortunately Dicky did not get the start of the Lumenfield game. She got the two starts of the three games, the two that weren't a Luminfield, which was a little bit frustrating, but nonetheless it was we mean what we in our first broadcast had a United States National team head coach Ema Hayes on and she loves Dicky's game. The only question is can Dicky do the work and continue to work hard and get better in those moments of less pressure like that free kick that Lacy Santos scored in the eighteenth minute to establish she will be the long term starting goalkeeper for the national team. And certainly Ema Hayes will watch that game and she will watch that free kick and have guidance for her top keeper. But in this game, it is one nothing washing and they are sending a long bellfoward as Dickie's able to grab that one right in front of Trinity Rodman. Long ball ahead. But that was a good moment from the Seattle rain goalkeeper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great moment. She comes out with such confidence. That's what Laura Harvey said. She almost never comes out specifically on crosses and misses it, so she either comes out and grabs it or she knows that she won't get there in time. But I will say, in these last five minutes, we have seen the Spirit break the Seattle rains, press the defensive press multiple times. So I wouldn't be surprised if aft halftime Laura Harvey really wants some changes there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's one nothing right now five minutes before the half, Stephanie, and I'm wondering what your keys to this final five minutes are for Seattle.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, with the way the momentum is going, I would say almost just kind of get back, get organized, lock in, do not let them score.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't push super hard for a goal here.
Speaker 4: The Spirit have a lot of momentum and multiple strong players, and you know Rodman and Quassi are kind of going at them, So I would say, stay organized, don't do anything crazy, you know, keep your midfie others on the ball, find your forward stretching the line if possible, and if not, just really really be organized in the back because.
Speaker 3: You have a good bench right now with a Damis and with Radcliffe, who scored a couple of goals this year. The talented me official Sammes is also available off the bench. It is a strong bench for Seattle Rain. You just want to make sure this game stays one. Nothing here or you can find a goal against the run of play, just like Washington did. But here is another counter. Here is the Spirit working through the middle. Here's Santos once again tearing right through Seattle's middle. Now here's Carl to Kuwassie.
Speaker 2: In the box.
Speaker 3: But a great job by mcclernan to cut that one out and clear it all the way back to the middle of the park. It's gonna take I think a lot of moments like that where Washington wanted to work quickly in transition and emergency defending from Seattle's talented back line.
Speaker 2: This is a Rain team.
Speaker 3: I mean, Stephan, we haven't talked about the defensive prowess of this team yet, but really this season, defense has been the hallmark and what they've been able to rely on for a lot of points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 4: We've talked about how consistently this back line, you know, with the exception of Jordan Bug has been together even to the end of last year and end of this year, and that consistency is super helpful and something they need to rely on in these games. But you can see even right now the mclernan and Curry at times have switched positions and they need to That consistency is what allows them to do that, to do that emergency defending when they're in transition, trying.
Speaker 5: To get back and catch players like Kawassi, Cantore and Rodman.
Speaker 4: I mean, those players are hard to catch up with and then hard to defend.
Speaker 2: Seattle's press is on.
Speaker 3: As the ball is at the foot of Washington's goalkeeper, MacIver will send it long, reaches the head all the way to Kawassie and she will not be able to gather that. When a go all the way to mclernan and then to Claudia Dicky in goal who works out of the back here and now works out of the back quickly. Chance for Seattle maybe transition here on this right side where it's a going too fast, Washington has the chance to kind of get set up long ball forward, nobody home. Washington's back line will take that one out. We're into the forty third minute here at Audy Field in Washington, d C. Spirit leading the Rain by a score of one nothing. You know, what could be a back and forth last fifty eight minutes of this game is Rodman Rodman trying to football into the box here to Ken Torre and the Santos a couple of players there. But an excellent job by Jordan Bugg this time to take that one away and clear it back out.
Speaker 4: You know, I was just about to say that I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Cocoa Mandas here in here early Holly Ward hasn't done an amazing job getting up with the ball and creating that that chances on the on the side. And I just saw co go standing up, So I'm not going to say that I was right. Maybe she'll come in aute half, or maybe Laura Harvey was just pointing out, you know something to her there. But I expect to see her, if not at halftime early on into the second half.
Speaker 3: That would make a lot of sense. And you think about the offensive players and this team could make a big impact. The one for one of Mandas here for Ward makes a lot of sense. If you aren't getting enough out of Murcaala. You can get a me official on. You know, Rack Cliff is a winger if you need that swapped. Maddie Dolleen had a few very very good minutes in the first eighteen minutes of this game. She's been a little bit silent from there. But there are a lot of options for head coach Laura Harvey, who's the most decorated coach in this league's history. If anybody's gonna make the changes to get Seattle back in this game and get back points in Washington, it is the legend Laura Harvey. Now here's a ball to Mercado working against two defenders. Ball pops up and it's into the back of the net. Is it going to be a goal for Mercado? Is it going to be an own goal? It's a ball that kind of came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Cross came in.
Speaker 3: We'll see if they credit Mrcado, who is in between two defenders, and we'll get a replay and see how exactly this ball went over the jumping Sanny McIver, the goalkeeper for Washington, who came out of her goal and was clearly off track. Here.
Speaker 2: As we watch the replay.
Speaker 3: That does take a tip off of Mercado who sticks out her foot and it bounces perfectly off of that left foot. Ooh, was that other a defend need a closer look there.
Speaker 2: That is going to be an own goal.
Speaker 3: It is going to be an onn goal there on Googilmo and who puts it into her own back of the net as she gets her right foot on it, it goes over her goalkeeper Sandy mckiver a long ball over the top to Mercado.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, that wow, what a goal? That wow is right?
Speaker 4: You know, I hate an own goal when there's a player there that's causing the pressure and is so obviously creating that play. You know, of course it is an own goal where Guiermo did not have the clearance that she wanted there, but an amazing pass from Curry to just drop that over the end with a runner like Mercado stretching the line and is able to again put that defender under pressure and just kind of chipped mcguyver. I mean it kind of like you said, it came out of nowheer. But a very good build up.
Speaker 3: There's a cross coming in and great job there by Dicky to grab that one out of that kick, we got plus three added minutes here at the end of this first half. I'm gonna talk again about Madison Curry because she had the assist in that Boston game from the wide long ball that reaches the back post to Maddie Doleen, and she has, as you mentioned, that long kick there in the box that Gougelmo misjudges on her right foot, puts it over her goalkeeper, and the Rain have the equalizer right before halftime, one to one. And now the big question going into the second half, Stephanie, is how will the dynamic change the first eighteen minutes We're all Seattle. Since the eighteenth minute, this game has been back forth, transition, transitions, Seattle trying to build up Washington transitions, emergency defending. How does that change if, I mean, there's still a minute and a half left in this half.
Speaker 2: But you wonder how the second half.
Speaker 3: Begins in this one to one game if it resumes the dynamic from the start of this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was about to say, now the scorer line actually just tracks what the game is. So it is a fifty to fifty game. It's very back and forth. Neither team again has very good, you know, rhythm or tone or kind of setting the stage. It's going back and forth. There's lots of challenges and so to your point, I don't I actually don't know if we see a ton of changes, except again, Washington played two games last week and the Rain. They have lots of good talent on the bench. They have a very deep bench with people that can come in and add to that press, which we have seen drop off a little bit, the Rains.
Speaker 5: Defensive press that has dropped off.
Speaker 4: And so you know, I still expect both coaches to stick to their game plan, but maybe with some new players, with some new legs.
Speaker 5: In that first fifteen minutes, long.
Speaker 3: Ball from Makaiver will go all the way to Dicky, right through the middle of the park. As we're into the final forty five seconds of the added three, Seattle finding the equalizer a forty fourth minute own goal by the Washington Life's back Lucia di Gaguilllmo, and that gets this right back in. And it's interesting because we were talking about Mond Decier at halftime. We're talking about all the potential changes to get offensive weapons in. Plans may have just changed with that wild own goal. There but here is still the final few seconds of this first half. Here's Kuwassi working on the right side, getting by two midfielders. Now a chance to cross it in. Great tackle from Madison Curry there. Curry's been excellent today and she will create that tackle right there at the edge of the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we have a player of the first half, it's for sure Madison courna only as she made some amazing defensive stops, but again her service has just been incredible.
Speaker 3: We'll see our referee today, Alexandra bill Etter. She will call halftime there. That will be the full three minutes and that will be the first half. It was a dominant first eighteen minutes for Seattle to get them in position to look for an opening goal. But it was a free kick by Lacy Santos that give Washing No. One nothing lead, and then an own goal by Lucia Diguelmo in the forty fourth minutes give Seattle their goal. It's one to one going into the half. We'll get a break and we'll get to the halftime show and talk about a back and forth first half that will come up next here on Sports Radio nine fifty KJR AM.
Speaker 8: It started as a puddle in the shower.
Speaker 9: Uh oh. Then the kitchen scene started bagging up. Yeah, I know where this is going.
Speaker 8: Mob dat right, no problem, beg your pardon.
Speaker 9: There's no clog. We can't clear your dan from Apollo Plumbing.
Speaker 8: This is gonna get pricey. How about eighty three dollars to clear my drain?
Speaker 9: Apollo Plumbing clear's main drains every.
Speaker 8: Day for eighty three dollars eighty three or it's free. What's the catch?
Speaker 9: No catch. We'll even do a camera inspection.
Speaker 8: Why is that It's.
Speaker 9: The best way to find the cause of your clog and it's included no extra charge. Truth is, we hate clogs. I don't love them seeing them. I promise there's no clock.
Speaker 8: Apollo can clear guarantee eighty three or free. Goodbye slow drains.
Speaker 9: All it takes is an accessible clean out.
Speaker 8: And Apollo gets my drains draining again.
Speaker 9: You call, we come.
Speaker 8: It's fixed, My heroes, just tune our job. Thank you, Apollo Plumbing.
Speaker 9: Apollo Plumbing dot com.
Speaker 2: Wow, what is all this?
Speaker 6: These screens? The food all for the game?
Speaker 10: Bro let us pitch in no need, I'm saving one thousand dollars bundling my wireless and Internet with T Mobile.
Speaker 2: I've got it all covered.
Speaker 11: Go here at a score big with T Mobile Family save up to one thousand dollars a year when they bundle five G home Internet with four fall lines on experience beyond compared to regular rates after a thirdline free on experience beyond. Planning with internet when the disc gown be a month with OLT Credit's not a pay discoun credit stop if you cancel or change plans.
Speaker 12: Feeling lucky, you don't miss the Lucky Spring Classic collector, car, truck and boat Auction Saturday, June six at Tacoma's Leme Merrymount Events Center. Up to two hundred collector vintage and classic goals, many going to the highest lucky bidder with absolutely no reserve. Get lucky, get local, and get in line. Visit Lucky Ooldcar dot com for a list and pictures of auction vehicles called two O six four six seven six' five three one for bidding and consignment details your.
Speaker 1: Home for The Dan Patrick show weekdays six to nine am On Sports radio nine FIFTY, kjr we.
Speaker 13: Asked parents who adopted teens to share their.
Speaker 8: Journey there are many TIMES i THOUGHT i can't do.
Speaker 14: THIS i, mean what parent isn't worried about what AM i not doing? Right what AM i not doing? Enough and THEN i, Realized, wait that's being a.
Speaker 15: Parent don't worry about being.
Speaker 16: Perfect i've had around three other mother figures in my, life but only one of them has taught me how a mother.
Speaker 14: Loves the greatest reward for me is he makes me better every.
Speaker 11: DAY i would tell a family considering adopting a teenager that that, teenager whoever it, is needs, you and they need what.
Speaker 17: You have to.
Speaker 5: Offer dayer is giving me.
Speaker 14: Hope he's our son and that is what he will always.
Speaker 13: Be learn about adopting a team from foster, care you can't imagine the. Reward visit adopt us kids dot org to learn. MORE a message brought to you by Adopt Us, kids THE Us department Of health And Human, services and the Ad.
Speaker 1: Council the following is an exclusive presentation Of Seattle rainsucker On Sports radio nine FIFTY.
Speaker 3: kJ welcome into the halftime Show seattle Rain Right. Now with a one to one game Against Washington's spirit at the, Half this was a game where the first eighteen minutes went all Towards. Seattle they were dominating the, game but then a foul right on the edge of the box set Up Lacey, santos the central attacking midfielder For, washington with a free. Kick she hit it from about nineteen yards, out went over the head of Has James, turner went into the far corner of the, goal Pass Claudia dickie that Gave washington and won nothing. Lead the game was back and, forth lots of transition, moments and then the forty fourth, minute mass And curry sends a long cross To Maddie mercado who's in between two. Defenders one of those defenders was the right back For washington left back For Washington Lucilia, digauelmo and The italian puts the ball into her own, net over her, goalkeeper and that is an own goal that Gets Seattle rain their goal to lead us to one to. One Jackson felts And Stephanie verdoya here On Sports radio nine to fifty KGr am And, stephanie what are your thoughts on that wild back and forth first forty?
Speaker 4: Five, yeah it, WAS i, MEAN i think we said, it you know, before have and we'll say it. Again the score line really represents what's happening out. There it's back and. Forth like you, said The spirit are very transition. Oriented we talk talked about this the last time we played. Them they like to get out of their back and fly at you with. Numbers they do that With, cantore With, rodman With, couassi and we're seeing that they look dangerous whenever there and The rains defensive half and then on the flip, side The rain have been fairly composed on the, ball have created a few chances nowhere near look as dangerous you, know on the attack at times as The, spirit but actually generally have MORE i would, say you, know composure throughout throughout the. Game and so there's kind of an interesting back and forth right now and clashing styles of. Play but that being, SAID i do think we got to give a little credit To Laura. Harvey she wanted The spirit to get drawn out and to get, uncomfortable AND i do think the, goal you, know we felt like it came out of, nowhere But Madison curry and they d you, know they kind of dragged those players out of their. Shape The spirit stepped out and then she was able to just pop a ball over that back line that was a little too.
Speaker 3: High and you look at last week she gets the assist on The Mattie dahalen goal and then this Week i'm Gonna i'm gonna give her the assist there on that on that own goal as. Well i'm not sure if that's an actual stat But i'd like to create. It assist on the own goal there From Madison curry as she creates it. Again and a good job they're pressuring From Maddie mercado was well between those two. Defenders that goal doesn't happen without Both. Maddie so again It's.
Speaker 2: Maddy To maddy.
Speaker 3: Magic It's Maddy Maddie, Magic Madison curry To Maddie mercado and the own goal By. Washington it's a one to one. Game we'll get a break here in the halftime. Show we'll give you some keys to the second. Half it is a one to. One we'll have more next On Sports radio nine to FIFTY KJR Am.
Speaker 18: Wonnie seven Seven Cars Your kids Krs cards For kids Won ee seven seven cards your kids donate your car.
Speaker 16: Today one night seven Seven Cars The kids k Are Res cars For. Kids One night seven Seven cars The kids donate your.
Speaker 19: Car to ready to get rid of that old, car donate it To cars For. Kids call eight seven Seven cars For kids to speak to a friendly live. Agent donation is super easy and your car can be picked up as soon as. Tomorrow go to cars Four kids dot org now or call eight seven Seven cars For kids to donate your car today.
Speaker 9: Night seven Seven cars For.
Speaker 2: Kids As cars For.
Speaker 9: Kids one nat seven seven Cars. Kids do you.
Speaker 19: Know you can donate real estate. Too go To carsfurkids dot. Org that's cars with a.
Speaker 20: Cat you know what your customers are doing right this, second the exact same thing you are listening to, me, which let's be, honest is kind of. Flattering but my point is ads on iHeartRadio actually get heard in the, car at the, gym on the couch while people are walking their.
Speaker 2: Dogs who's a good? Boy who's a good.
Speaker 20: Boy you're a good.
Speaker 2: Boy that's, Right you're a good.
Speaker 20: Food so why not make the next ad about? You get started? Today call eight four four eight four four iHeart or go to iheartadvertising dot.
Speaker 2: Com that's eight.
Speaker 20: Four four eight four four iHeart or iheartadvertising dot.
Speaker 10: Com we are seeing one of the strongest gold markets in our history now is the. Time belleview Rare coins is the trusted authority for buying, valuables free, evaluations no. Pressure bellevue Rare coins In Bellevue lynwood isakua or to coomak or At bellevue rare coins dot.
Speaker 20: Com texing privacy policy in terms of conditions posted At radio direct com slash. Privacy texting roles for recuring on med to text marketing message and such dat RATES ma apply repla stop to opt out text hell for, help consult the, doctor brier Use.
Speaker 2: Wow you look. Amazing what have you been?
Speaker 21: Doing you've heard of, ozempic THE gov and the OTHER glp one medications that are all over the.
Speaker 9: News.
Speaker 21: Right, WELL i found this great company Called, zelfie and if you qualify you can get medications like ozempic AND withgov and OTHER glp ones at eighty to ninety percent savings without, insurance all one hundred percent online.
Speaker 11: WAIT i can GET glp one medications for eighty to ninety percent less and do it all, online no long wait at.
Speaker 5: The doctor's office or.
Speaker 21: Pharmacy, Yes zelfi can provide semaglue tide and terzeppatide the active ingredients and ozempic and other EXPENSIVE glp ones for eighty to ninety percent less and ship direct to your.
Speaker 2: Door. Amazing how DO i get?
Speaker 22: Started just send them a Text Text bliss to seven nine seven nine seven nine to get started today with. Selfie get the same active ingredients and we gov or ozempic for eighty to ninety percent less one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Online don't.
Speaker 22: Wait Text bliss to seven nine seven nine seven nine right now for your exclusive. Offer Text bliss to seven nine seven nine seven. Nine That's bliss to seven nine seven nine seven.
Speaker 2: Nine following is.
Speaker 1: An exclusive presentation Of Seattle rainsucker On Sports radio nine point FIFTY.
Speaker 3: Kju welcome back to the halftime, Show Seattle rain And Washington's spirit in a one to one game right. Now eighteenth minute free kick for The spirit By Lacy, santos forty fourth minute own goal by the left back for The, spirit and that game right now is at one point. One and here on the halftime, show let's just bring the conversation we were just having off the air onto the. Air and that's the big, Question, stephanie about the styles of these teams and the way that they wanted to. Play the first eighteen minutes was All seattle until that free kick. Goal i'm wondering stylistically how the second half opens up in a one to one.
Speaker 4: Game, yeah we were just talking about it in terms of the aggressiveness that we're, seeing not only physically and kind of obviously from The, spirit but also in terms of how they. Play they fly numbers, forward they like to really go at, you very, vertical very direct style of play at, times and so you're going to see some tired legs that's just the nature of that type of. Play you have players Like rod men In kuwassie who just again just kind of go at, you and they played two games last. Week so HOW i see some of this Transpiring as a Hopeful rain, FAN i will say is THAT i do sense that The Washington spirit will need to make changes or their style of play will will kind of drop off in a sense in terms of being a little weaker in comparison To seattle's, composure which we just talked about in a team that feels very comfortable together at this. Time that being, said The rain also have a deep, Bench SO i, think you, know if we're going to see how The rain hope to play in this second, half it would be adding some fire to that front. Line they got that, goal BUT i, think as you said To, jackson, rightly it felt like it came out of.
Speaker 5: Nowhere they don't want that to be the case in the second.
Speaker 4: Half they want to be able to, say, well of course we, scored we created the best, chances we had the most. Momentum we haven't been able to say that. Yet so you bring in A, damis you bring In Cocoa, mandasire you bring in players that are just going to light that. Fire me official, HOPEFULLY i would expect we see some subs to make sure that composure has the necessary.
Speaker 3: Energy well for head, coach that's Law, harvey who by the, way Coached arsenal from twenty ten to twenty.
Speaker 2: Twelve she played With arsenal.
Speaker 3: Two this has not been the best day for her after The Champions league final earlier today that ended with A psg win in penalty kicks Over. Arsenal so For Laura, harvey she is hoping that this day turns around and she can get her club a. Win It's Seattle rain, One Washington spirit. One we will have the second half kicking off next On Sports radio nine to FIFTY KJR am.
Speaker 7: Veterans and active duty service. Members when you're called the service, ends your mission doesn't have to go FROM gi TO it in just a few. Months at my computer, career prepare for a high demand career in, cybersecurity protecting, people, systems and institutions from real cyber. Threats cyber warriors are. Needed, now will you answer the? Call go To Mycomputer career dot edu SLASH cwp to learn. More that's My Computer career dot edu SLASH cwp in a lead comp to You Certification PARTNER va education benefits are available to those who.
Speaker 2: Qualify if the.
Speaker 17: World were like a Sleep number, mattress everything would adapt for your comfort because as your life changes and your body, Changes Sleep number mattresses adapt and shift to give you personalized comfort night after. Night and now it's the final days of Our everything's On sale. Event save up to twelve hundred dollars on. Mattresses Our Memorial day event Ends. Monday to experience a whole new world of, comfort visit a sleep number store or go to sleep number dot. Com Sleep number to a good life Sleep.
Speaker 23: Hey dick fan, here you know WHAT i appreciate professionals who actually do it. Right that's WHY i go with Bloom A Tree. Experts their arborists aren't on. Commission they're focused on what's best for your, trees not upselling.
Speaker 6: You they explain what's going.
Speaker 23: On take carry your property like it's their, own and do the work the right way the first. Time it's thoughtful, discipline tree care you can trust and right now.
Speaker 6: Mention me OR kjr get one hundred bucks off your tree.
Speaker 23: Work Bloom A Tree experts the kind you call again and recommend to everyone two oh six seven one four ninety eight thirty five and bloom A.
Speaker 6: Tree, hey deck.
Speaker 23: Fan here with the weather we've had this spring golf season started early for us here in The. Northwest but regardless of how great the weather, is no one wants to pay full price for a round of.
Speaker 6: Golf WELL i got good news for.
Speaker 23: You we still have a few around The sound golf passes available nine rounds of golf at fantastic tracks Like, Whitehorse, Avalon sedars at Dungeons, Port ludlow and more for just two. Nineteen that's less than twenty five bucks a. Round but this is your last. Chance pick up your round The sound golf fast today at seattlegolffast dot com.
Speaker 6: Offers vary boy. Userlocation go to upside dot com for terms and. Conditions three thousand.
Speaker 24: Dollars that's the average amount of money people in THE us are now spending on gas any. Year if you, drive you have to Download, upside the free app that gives you cash back for buying. Gas earn cash back With upside just by filling up your. Take Download upside now and start earning easy cash. Back the more you Use, upside the more you. Get use promo code pro to get an extra twenty five cents per gallon bonus on your first. Take that's promo Code pro for a twenty five cents per.
Speaker 17: Gallonpone, wait everything on THIS i Hop value menu is just six.
Speaker 8: BUCKS i told you it was.
Speaker 2: AMAZING a huge plate of, pancakes bacon and eggs.
Speaker 9: Is just six. Bucks.
Speaker 16: Wow there's Also french, toast a ham and cheese, omelet and oh they got a blt in.
Speaker 5: Fries, now, okay we're coming here every.
Speaker 2: Day you don't have to tell me to Us feasts for just.
Speaker 23: Six bucks with THE I Hop Value menu seven dollars in some, locations available every day for a limited time at participating restaurants in THE.
Speaker 8: Us hours may.
Speaker 5: Vary no substitutions not valid with other discounts or.
Speaker 8: Promotions prices may.
Speaker 1: Vary the following is an exclusive presentation Of Seattle rainsucker On Sports radio nine FIFTY kJ.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to rain on the, Radio seattle RAIN fc today facing off against The Washington spirit on the road At Audi field In, washington D.
Speaker 2: C it's a one to one.
Speaker 3: Game it was a first half free kick From Lacy santos Of washington and then a forty fourth minute ole by The italian left Back lucie The Di gigelmo For. Washington and as we see the start of the second, Half, stephanie we see two instant changes here at the half From Laura.
Speaker 5: Harvey, yeah two really good.
Speaker 4: Changes we Think Cocoa manda's, here who we mentioned multiple times in this first. Half we expected her to come on For Holly. Ward ward didn't have as much production as we expected her to on that right. Side she didn't get too many crosses. Off you, know she is a hard. Worker she did well with where to. Times But mondessyr is going to add that extra, energy that kind of driving ability with the.
Speaker 5: Ball she's really.
Speaker 4: Dangerous she'll drag some players over to her and actually Give mercado and others some. Space and then the other switch is Sam, mezza who has been out with a little bit of an injury and she one is just a fantastic player to have on the. Field but we were talking about her defensive capabilities and her ability to rotate in that midfield allows the players above her to have more, freedom and that is what The rain needs to win this.
Speaker 2: Game so we see the two changes.
Speaker 3: There it's a right wing straight swap mandas here For ward and then it's also a holding midfield Swap mesa For ainsley. Mccannon that is the other change as, well and we were kind of wondering If mesa was going to come into this, game where would she come. In would she come in for a sallymenting the attacking, midfield would she come in for a deeper midfield to potentially.
Speaker 2: Give you more of the.
Speaker 3: Attack it is the deeper for more of the. Attack and the only question now for The rain is will these changes By Laura harvey work to get you a win today In? Washington as we have kicked off here and The rain will have it in their own end with, McCammon With huerta sending it all the way back To Claudia dickey in goal For. Seattle seattle right now four four and, two eighth place in AN nwsl with fourteen points entering the. Week Washington spirit a bit above them right. Now they are in fourth place with a five to two and three. Record Monda syra is such a fast player and that wing play From montessere And huerta has worked so much this year, year those two working with speed And mondassere leading the team right now in goal contributions with. Three i'm trying to make some magic happen off of that right.
Speaker 2: Wing But washington has the ball at their.
Speaker 3: Feet With santos on that left side working Against montessere And montasseir will earn a throw in For seattle there on the far. Side the right throwing comes quickly To Mezzo mezzi working between two, defenders gives it.
Speaker 2: Away no foul call. There washington working on a three on.
Speaker 3: Three they have to hold up quick defending there By seattle and they will make The spirit. Reset Here's santos working now into the box trying to clear. Away there Is jordan bug getting the way of that ball up To cantore and clearing that one. Back now With seattle in the quick start to this second, half here it's back and, forth both teams wanting to quickly transition on the.
Speaker 4: Other, YEAH i can almost TELL i feel the energy of both coaches even you, know just from here they BOTH i think there's there's a really big push right now to be the team that sets that sets the tone and to get that first.
Speaker 5: GOAL i, mean when you're, tied you want the next.
Speaker 4: Goal but it does feel like both coaches want to look at the other one and see who's going to blink, first who's going to actually try and pull players back. First it's, no they're actually both going on on the front and trying to push their numbers high with the high.
Speaker 3: Press we talked about how those you, know the blending of the styles will work together at the start of this.
Speaker 2: Half will Be seattle.
Speaker 3: Working to be on the front foot like they were for the first t eighteen, minutes or will Be washington trying to work like it was for the next twenty minutes after that opening. Goal and it is right now stylistically kind of just it's two trains going right at each, other.
Speaker 5: And, yeah it really, is it really.
Speaker 3: Is it's back and forth right now As washington has a throw and on this near side the, Right washington working left to, Right Seattle.
Speaker 2: Rain right to left Here rain and their.
Speaker 3: Blue surge, kits blue, tops blue, shorts As mercado taking a ball away here towards that back, line working on say for the spirit and say we'll win that one back right up Against, mercado good one v one bat there towards that end. Line And washing's now trying to work quickly here on this right side With santos putting the ball, forward trying to get that ball up To. Kuwassi kawassi has it now working into the box For washington players across To Madison curry getting the way of that. One and a great job By Madison curry to take that back and earned possession back for The Seattle.
Speaker 2: Rain another outstanding play For Madison.
Speaker 4: Curry, yeah especially you, Know, kawassi to be really, honest is beating her with.
Speaker 5: SPEED i mean she's getting around.
Speaker 4: Her and then the best part About Madison, curry she doesn't give, up so she kind of continues with the play and she's able to get her body around and create a great tackle.
Speaker 2: There There's menty.
Speaker 3: To doll lean on this right left, wing chance to cross it Into mercado goes towards the back. Post mandasir, there ball pops. Up Here's simanes To mercado needs some hold up, play pops back out To. Huerta huerta working against one defender right on the edge of the box To. Mercado shot blocked immediately out To. Kuwassie she's trying to advance it. Forward but a great tackle there in the middle of the. Park and that is just what you needed on that transition. Moment the person who just came into this, game sam mesa immediate impact on that big moment of.
Speaker 4: Transition, yeah and that's exactly why you want her in the. Game right, THERE i, mean it's a one v one at the half. Line If kawassi comes away with, that it's Basically Kawassi rodman and mclernan And. Bug it's almost a two v two situation headed towards. Goal and as we, said those those two players are very. Dangerous so Sam mezza when she comes in and can break up play like that, again they can trust that she's back.
Speaker 5: There it allows where to to get higher, Up it Allows.
Speaker 4: Curry to get higher, up and we're seeing we're seeing some some good pushing numbers from The rain right. Here they had you, know eight or nine around the box on that last. Attempt so again it's both coaches being full steam ahead very.
Speaker 3: Much so we'll keep we'll keep the train metaphors going the whole way through because that is exactly what it feels right. Now, stylistically they are both pushing to take control of this second. Half we're five minutes. In it's a one to one game Between Seattle rain And Washington's spirit here At Audi field In, washington D. C here's The rain working up this left side With Jordan bug and now working With, mezza who's come. Back Jordan bug who got her first start of the year last week Against boston and what was a two to One rain. Win her second start here today is she came back from two separate. Injuries now she sends a ball long forward recovered From, mercado Has dollen.
Speaker 2: Working trying to work quickly through the.
Speaker 3: Middle but it's taken back from The spirit as they will take command here and try to work quickly off this right, Side Madison curry riding up Against kawassie, Again cursey, Wins curry wins that battle. Again madis And curry having a dominant first fifteen minutes FIFTY i should say minutes here At Audi, field.
Speaker 5: And again she's doing a great.
Speaker 4: JOB i mean one of the things when you're, watching you, know full, backs outside, backs whatever you want to call. Them they are the players that now in the modern, game are expected to get up Like whereta does and be contributing the attack like we've Seen curry do as. Well and then on the flip, side they are expected to get back and track those players Like kuwassi all the way to.
Speaker 5: The other end, line Whereas kwassi's just kind of hanging out up. There, yeah it's.
Speaker 4: It's almost, unfair but those players you rely on so much for their, fitness their, physicality their ability to read the.
Speaker 3: Game more good defending By Jordan bug gets the ball back to her Goalkeeper Claudia dickey in, goal and the rain will build out of the back here in the fifty second. Minute Jordan bug's addition inclusion to this team coming off those multiple leg. Injuries Madison creed talked about that earlier this, week she said That jordan unlocks something different in the team with her range of. Passing she said they can do more When jordan bug is on the. Field and just in the last two, minutes you've seen That Claudia dickie ball at her foot again after a slightly airing. Pass she had to recover that one towards the end. Line but the rain will be able to build here out of the back on this right side here With wherta going to the middle of the, park With mercado who's dropped, back And James turner back to McClure and who tries to switch sides here all the way to the left For Maddy donlleen who cannot get, there and it will be a throw in coming for The spirit here in the fifty third.
Speaker 4: Minute and you know what we're already seeing is What Laura harvey said she wanted to, see which was being less predictable in the build. Out and so you See Coco mondesire coming actually inside in the field and dropping, Down Maddie mercado switching out with Her doleine getting. Wide when players rotate like that, consistently it's creates that unpredictability That harvey is looking, for AND i can't say they found that very much in the first. Half but even with these subs that we're seeing With mesa And Coco mondes, here and we're seeing that change almost.
Speaker 5: Immediately here's a.
Speaker 3: Near giveaway and good play By Jordan bugg to recover and get that one to mcclernin After kuwassie tried to slip in. There in a moment of, Transition kuwassie is down long ball forward is cut out By, gelmo but only two mcclernin, again as looks Like kawassi is still. Down montasy here trying to slip the ball Into, mercado but that is cut out well By.
Speaker 2: Washington they will clear it all the way.
Speaker 3: Back now we're kind of seeing in the last two three minutes that this battle of tempo is going to the side Of seattle as they are getting a bit more forward here on the front foot only for a few.
Speaker 2: Minutes we know that this tempo and this game.
Speaker 3: Flow can change very very quickly with the speed of The washington.
Speaker 4: Spirit, yeah and we said it at the beginning of the, game but it feels even more true now we said sixty minutes on is really going to be you know what determines this, game which sounds like an obvious thing when you're talking about just the end of the, game the end of the, game but it is true today partially because of what we.
Speaker 5: Said well both the.
Speaker 4: Arsenal that both coaches have to change the game with personnel specifically and who to put in and how to you, know address what the other coach is. Doing, again you, know they already Put Cocoa manda The rain already Put cocoa mandas here And mesa. In but on the same, Side Washington spirit has some dangerous subs with gutierres others that we've talked.
Speaker 2: About, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly Claudia martinez is they're one of the outstanding wingers who scored in the eighty thirth, minute eighty third minute Against Seattle reign in that game three weeks ago In seattle Where Washington spirit came up. Here they were, outplayed but they got a goal against the run of play in the eighty third minute by their speedy Winger, martinez and that gave them a one nothing. Win and then as a talented player that they can bring off their, bench think About Claudia. MARTINEZ i have this stat. Here she made Her paraguayan national team debut a couple of years ago at sixteen years. Old she's now had seven games with The paraguayan national team and she scored six goals in those seven games For. Paraguay and she is an international who can do, many many good things for This washington team off the. Bench so when you say this is a game that'll go down the last thirty, minutes, well it's one to one here in the fifty fifth, minute.
Speaker 2: Thirty five to.
Speaker 3: Go that is exactly what we are looking at as the ball is it the foot Of aavan. Mclernan no real, pressure no real press From. Washington here is a chance to breathe For. Seattle and the tempo of this game has slowed here in the last few.
Speaker 5: Moments and again it kind of feels like both.
Speaker 3: Big collision middle of the. Field one big collision middle of the. Field kuwassi going right up Against. Salimenti both players are. Up that did not look good in the. Moment both players shoulder to, shoulder maybe head to, head big. Collision sorry to cut you off, there.
Speaker 4: Go, ahead Stew we were, SAYING i mean just as you were, saying the tempo seems to have dropped, off BUT i you, know definitely not the physical. PLAY i, mean both teams really are still going into those fifty to fifties with a lot of.
Speaker 5: Grit but, yeah it just seems like the tempo's dropped off a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, again both coaches seen who's going to blink, first and neither stepping Out they have a, press but neither stepping out too, high so the keepers aren't getting pressed right. Now they're both kind of having a lower line of, confrontation so they kind of drop off their. Lines and then that's interesting for both. Sides it seems like it's a a little bit of kind of you, know rest the legs charge when you can be on the same page, together but both sides are doing.
Speaker 3: It kind of is it feels very very cagey and right now in the fifty seventh, minute and now some press here coming From Mattie, doleen she is pressing high here trying to create a. Turnover but other than That maddy press right, there it has fell a bit, cagey sort of the exact thing that you, said who's gonna blink? First nobody wants to be that team that gives up the big moment of transition that turns into a two to one. Deficit balls at the foot Of Jordan bug using As James turner now Using curry on this left, side going, up It's. Kuwassi quassie wins that one throwing coming For seattle on this near side.
Speaker 2: The left.
Speaker 5: And again the back line For.
Speaker 4: SEATTLE i will say they look very again composed and, confident and that is what you want to see in a game like this against such a strong attacking.
Speaker 2: Front here Is menty moving into the.
Speaker 3: BOX a chance to cross it over To monasor, quickly but stays with the rain On maddie Do leen stays with the. Rain potential foul in the, box no, Call, curry chance to cross it in towards the, middle clear it away.
Speaker 2: Again we have believe.
Speaker 3: That's menty down in the middle of the bus and there is no foul. Given we'll see IF vr looks at that. One But kuwassie now going right up Against Jordan Bug bug wins that. Battle ball bounces around to the, middle bounces around now to the far. Post Here's Trinity. Rodman she has space working Against Wuertza rodman a one on. One Here's kokomandas here to, help And rodman will have to play it.
Speaker 4: Negatively that's a great slowdown from The rains defense there because they were charging two.
Speaker 3: Goal great moment of transition there for The rain defense after they worked Into washington's. Goal potential foul in the. Box i'm sure a var Official Danielle cheski will look at that one in a. Moment but a foul now in the middle of the. Park there's a collision there Between kuwassi And Sally menti Or Elizabeth, SAY i should, say And menti now getting a yellow card here in the fifty ninth minute for that collision With Elizabeth.
Speaker 5: Say AND i will Say menti has been involved in it.
Speaker 4: In quite a few of these just, scuffles and she did get a yellow card, there and THEN i forgot Earlier Holly woard got a yellow CARD i believe. Too so actually now we're at three yellow cards in the, game which again kind of tracks the physicality that we are seeing from both. Sides and there's a little, bit like we, said maybe of desperation almost this last game before this. BREAK i, mean they're not saving themselves for next. Week let's just say, so it does feel like everything's kind of all out on the.
Speaker 3: Field, Well stephanie's we now see the referee is holding a. PLAY i talked about that collision in the box that could have led to a var look and could have led to a penalty For, seattle and it is THE vr Official Danielle chessky looking at that one talking to the, Referee alexander Billet, ter talking to see about if that is a penalty For seattle a moment. Ago we'll see if we can get another look at that play just a couple of minutes. Ago but that is clearly the whole up that is happening to see if a penalty kick could come For Seattle Rain, nope play, on no penalty. Given probably the right call probably would have been a little bit light to wore a penalty off of, that but nonetheless a moment to remember from this game that could have. Been Here's kowassie crossing it in cut. Out well, There Jordan bug clearing that one away up To Maddie doleen not too far though The spirit will hit it back into their own. End ball is bouncing back and forth right now In seattle's. End four headers in a, Row five headers in a row comes down Two Lacy santos For washington working into the final. Third cowassie now on the right chance to cross it in working against bug crossing it, middle and there's Sam mezza to get it right there at the top of the box and get in the way of that, one and we'll dish it out To Maddie dolleen who will clear that one all the way back Into washington's. End another big moment, there and Here's Maddy mercatta with some pressure trying to get in the way of that.
Speaker 2: One washington dealing well with that.
Speaker 3: Pressure but one of those moments as a long pass is cut out well there again By James. Turner when this is a back and forth game right now with chances coming at both, Ends.
Speaker 5: Yeah it really.
Speaker 4: Is and it feels like there's these big moments where all they're trying to do both sides is slow the other team. Down there's a lot of, momentum and so like we just saw With menti, there she cut out a pass that if The Washington spirit broke that, line they were kind.
Speaker 5: Of off to the. Races so it's it feels very high.
Speaker 3: Stakes and a poor pass there From Jordan bug where by mcclernan will go out for a corner just trying to find her Goalkeeper Claudia dicky in, goal and it rolls just wide A dicky for a cornerkick For Lacy. Santos and this is an important set piece now as we are into the final thirty minutes that we talked about that will decide this.
Speaker 2: Game one to one right now Between washington And.
Speaker 3: Seattle eighteenth minute free kick goal For santos of The spirit and then an own goal by the left back For washington in the forty fourth. Minute have this game knoted at One santos left hand. Raised it'll be an outswinging corner kick from the near side the right go to the middle of the, box headed, away stays With. Washington rod been crossing it in cleared away From mondas here not too far. Though it will stay with The spirit on this left. Side another chance to cross it in, honesty are working one on, One get some help, There monasseere.
Speaker 2: Mcclernan it's going to be rolling out for another corner.
Speaker 3: Kicks The spirit will have another corner here in the sixty second.
Speaker 2: Minute, yeah and.
Speaker 4: DEFENSIVELY i will say the rains sometimes on these we call, them you, know second, Ball so the the corner kick comes, out it's cleared once and then it's that second ball that comes back.
Speaker 5: In those are the moments where the rain have at times looked.
Speaker 4: Unorganized but we're also Seeing mesa and players that are coming IN i think pick up some of those good those good fifty to, fifties and so they want to continue that because, again like you, said this is not the time you want.
Speaker 5: To give up a.
Speaker 3: Goal santos will go in in swinging corner kick from the far side the. Left she has help, though will she go, short left hand, Raised she will go towards the near, post getting the Way that one is about three Different seattle players kicking it out for another throw. In santos will take this one very. Quickly, nope she will hand it. Off we'll see if they go. Along here Here's cantore from right next to the corner stick for this throw, in holding up play for just a. MOMENT i saw two players for The washington running down towards their bench a couple of minutes. AGO i was seeing if that was going to be the first changes for the, spirit but they do not come just. Yet the throw in comes And washington will control right, now right along halfway line of outy. Field Now washington working up this right. Side here Is Trinity, rodman who's been shut down again today working Against. Mondessier monasor takes that ball. Away now a chance to put this. In Here's. Mercado mercado has help in the middle of the, park crossing it To menty's just too far.
Speaker 2: Away here's Now mercado far.
Speaker 3: Post mercado picks it, up lays it off to where it's a chance to cross it, in going to the far, post and it's headed away By washington out of the back of their. Goal did it take a touch or is that out for a? Goalkick we're going to take a look. Again but a big chance For seattle in that moment of.
Speaker 5: Transition, yeah and some really good builds up.
Speaker 4: Play we were just talking about the ran of not had a goal in the run of play in so, LONG i think it was Since, march you, know own goal today in the run of, play but really off their own kind of, volition just in the run of.
Speaker 5: Play they haven't had.
Speaker 4: One and so that last one was a very good bill that shows the different types of skills and you know threats that they have up. TOP i almost want to See menty get that vinyl touch. THERE i actually think she could have gotten, there so you, know and, well we're.
Speaker 5: About to see a sub For menti.
Speaker 3: Here it's interesting Because Sally menti there had that chance right in the middle of the, box but it was just too far away and that was a chance For Seattle rain that did not. Go but now Me offischal has come in For Sally minty ahead of this corner kick here in the sixty fifth minute With Seattle rain with a chance right now to put it in the. Box and here Is Coco mandaser putting it in towards the near post and is cleared away very quickly By. Washington another head up physical collision there top of the. Box no foul Called washington this time will clear it back out and it looks like we will get the first couple changes also For washington here as that ball is cleared out of. Bounds it will be two players now in For washington As May morgan And Andy. Sullivan morgan's a player that head Coach Laura harvey talked about extensively in the first match up a center back who is, very very key To washington's.
Speaker 5: Buildout, yeah she's a great.
Speaker 4: Player she's really good on the, ball and like you, Said Laura harvey's picture out as kind of the person that triggers the attack for The. Spirit she's able to really avert pressure very, well takes the all up the field comfortable on her, foot and so you know we're going to SEE i think some shift in their strategy here with The. Spirit you, know they're still going to find they're really you, know talented players up, top but by Putting morgan in, there that gives them some additional kind of power and sending those more direct balls THAT i might. Expect and she's taken out say who did a good, job but as we already, mentioned was a sub.
Speaker 3: Exactly and you Have Andy sullivan coming in there as well For Rebecca. Bernal that's kind of a more offensive midfielder move for more of a Defensive Rebecca bernal as. Well so those are the couple changes coming in the sixty sixth minute For washington in a one to one game right, Now so the head coaches have made their kind of first. Moves we see the three changes there For seattle coming in the form Of mandas here and Sam mesa at half and NOW Me. Official Now i'm, Wondering, stephanie if you think That mercatta will kind of drop back to that number ten role and you'll SEE Me official at the top of the. Formation that's kind of What i'm wondering If Laura harvey wants to see, Here, yeah that.
Speaker 4: Is WHAT i would, expect because you, know she talked about how how GOOD me officials hold up players, specifically and so when a player is that good at playing with her back to the, goal you want her as that high. Point you want her up, there and Then mercado can kind of pick up what she drops beneath, her and So official she's you, know expecting that from ficial up. Top and Then mercado has done a great job kind of lingering in that. Space and LIKE i, SAID i, think you, know Me menti's had good moments, today BUT i think this combination With fishal And mercado is much more.
Speaker 3: Dangerous here Is washington now trying to work up this right, side working against a couple Of seattle, players and that will be out now for a throw in here on the far side the right For washington as they try to Attack. Seattle here we're twenty four minutes and stoppags left to go in this game here At Audi, field As seattle has played a little bit less of a dominating performance than three weeks. Ago but you'd certainly right now at anytime in soccer that you want to win at home and you want to draw on the. Road And seattle got they win At, boston and right now they are in a position to get a point on the road here with twenty three minutes to.
Speaker 4: Go, yeah and it would be huge For. SEATTLE i mean not only a, win but even to get a draw against a really good as we've, said you, know number Four Washington spirit. Team they're they're high up in the, standings and so to be able to compete with these teams that are clearly on kind of good runs of play is really. IMPORTANT i, again we're not seeing enough kind of consistent offensive. MOVEMENT i think in this second, HALF i Think Laurel harvey will, say you, know she wants more chances out of this team based on the last you, know ten to fifteen minutes in this run of play ball.
Speaker 3: At the foot Of sandy, McIvor the goalkeeper For, washington not as much press right, Now Maddie dolleen hanging out on that left. Wing she's been the big player Pressing sandy McIvor in her, moments but definitely want to take a few moments that she can to breathe before perhaps pressing, again because in the final few minutes of this, game that is where the pressing could get very very important to force a. Mistake and it was you got to think For washington that eighty third minute goal that they scored In seattle a few weeks. Ago so a goal could come very very late for either one of these, teams especially after a mistake has already been made towards an own goal For washington that scored For seattle earlier today ball the way back To Claudia dicky hearing. Goal Also washington not Pressing seattle too awfully hard here in the sixty ninth minute.
Speaker 5: And BUG i just have to call It Jordan.
Speaker 4: Bugg multiple times, recently she's made such good plays defensively to pick off, passes you, know whether it's From rodman To kuwassie or or trying to Find kawassie through To. Cantore she's doing a great job of kind of holding that space and then winning it back and keeping the, ball so not only you, know breaking up that, play but then keeping it for The.
Speaker 3: Rain dolleene's trying to cross a ball in from that left, wing but it will not clear their defensive midfield as It's hirshfelt in the ball away and she'll try to get it all the way up to. Field The rodman now on the right wing that's out for a throw in As Trinity rodbin trying to get involved. Here AND i THINK i mentioned a few minutes, ago we can kind of go back to. It, Stephanie Trindy, rodbin such an amazing, talent one of the top players in this, league maybe the top young player in this entire. League and for the second straight, game The rain have pretty much shut her down and limited her ability to get the ball moving forward and we have a meaningful.
Speaker 4: Impact, YEAH i think she's, had you, know maybe one or two really good moments or chances on the, ball and besides, that she's been searching for it and so, again you, Know Laura harvey focuses on. It she says their best offense comes from their. DEFENSE i mean it's, defense, defense defense as a focus For. Harvey and you, know maybe some would say that's why they had a hard time score and some goals in the past couple of. Games but what that does is really make it tough for teams Like Washington spirit who have very effectively scored you, know multi goal games almost almost all of. THEM i, mean they're they're hard to keep off the, ball and so when you're able to do, that it's such a boost of confidence as a.
Speaker 3: Team Here's seattle this throwing now coming right at the midway. Point you have me official up top With, maddie With, mondaser With mercado right under.
Speaker 2: Him that four.
Speaker 3: Players pushing For seattle to get a winner here in the final twenty minutes here In. Washington as they will play this game and then have the long breakaway for The World, cup there will be call ups all around the league to national. Teams Washington spirit have ten players called up to national. Teams For Seattle, rain they have three Has James turner To, Wales Claudia dickey with The United, states And Holly ward With, canada all getting call ups for their upcoming. Games during This World cup break and this would be a good result to have going into the break For. Seattle right, now here's The spirit now working up their left, side working on heavy pressure from on to see her and where to trying to win that ball, Back but it Is washington coming away with it on that left.
Speaker 2: Wing where to gin with mcclernan some good.
Speaker 3: Defending mclernan wins the ball back if he takes it back For seattle there right next to that corner. Flag she will try to clear it, away but it will be headed down By washington and out for A washington throw, in to the dismay Of James, turner who stretches out her, hands asking what are you? Doing that is clearly A seattle. Throwing it's all good as a quick kick gets the ball To. Seattle they try to go quickly to me official up, top but it's out too far ahead Of mia And washington will take it. Back here in the seventy third, minute one to one, Game Seattle Rain Washington SPIRIT nwsl Action Here rain on the Radio Sports radio nine to fifty. Am jackson Felt Stephanie verdoya here bringing you this last game for these clubs before The World. Cup right here's a. Giveaway Claudia dicky gives it away shot.
Speaker 2: Just over the.
Speaker 3: Crossbar major giveaway From Claudia. Dickey you had the ball at her, feet she tried to roll it out To Jordan, bug did not.
Speaker 2: Get out far.
Speaker 3: Enough hirschfeldt took that ball away quick shot went just above the, crossbar and that is going to absolutely frustrate head Coach Laura.
Speaker 4: Harvey, yeah, Absolutely and you know, WHAT i almost it's one of those things that you. Say the second you say that a keeper is great at their feet and loves being under, pressure you, know something like this, happens and it's true because it's hard being.
Speaker 5: Under pressure with the ball at your. Feet as a keeper.
Speaker 4: That low on the, ground you have to be so, sure so, certain and all of your passes have to have enough.
Speaker 5: Weight and she really really didn't give enough to that. One and that.
Speaker 4: Would have been devastating if they went to down or you, know down to one at this point in the game because of a giveaway like, that after all.
Speaker 5: Of the effort they've put in this.
Speaker 3: Game it sort of reminds you of those games earlier in the year Against, utah those giveaways that led to goals that led to. Losses Thankfully hirschfeldt could not make the rain pay on that, one but it will stay With. Washington cross coming in back post and it's nearly an own. GOAL a good chob by mcclernan sending that about a yard wide of that right. Post but a dangerous moment there is the cross came in towards the back And phoebe hopefully knew exactly where she was putting that.
Speaker 2: One but that was. Close look at, That, YEAH.
Speaker 4: I was, closed AND i will, say you know, again slam momentum. SHIFT i think you know The Washington spirit are really putting their foot on the. PEDAL i, mean we saw The Andy sullivan, change which is a more of an aggressive attacking switch in the. Midfield rodman switched actually to the right side now And quasi went to the left. Side so they're clearly trying to kind of again move those chess pieces to get the last word in this.
Speaker 2: Game here Is.
Speaker 3: Santos we'll be an out swinger here from the near side of the, right comes towards the middle of the, box headed, away stays With washington now With rodman on the left popping the ball up and it's tipped away nicely By Claudia. Dickey ball came popped up right in front of the ball and right in front of the, net And dicky went up and just poked that one right behind her goal for another corner. Kick and that was something That rodmans is laughing about right now that it had such a chance ride towards the. Net but here Is santos putting it towards the back. Post Claudia dicky's able to get out and grab that. One Now seattle can potentially work. Fast she'll roll it. Out Here's mercado setting the long ball. Forward she Has Maddie. Dollen dahalen has the speed she has Sam mez's middle of the park and some great defensive work there at the. Back they will be able to Tackle dollen from the. Back dalen's asking for a foul ball went out for a corner. Kick it'll be A seattle corner here in the seventy fifth. Minute what a moment of transition and what a moment of great defending there By.
Speaker 4: Washington, yeah truly fantastic soccer on both sides of the. Ball here the, rain break the pressure and get across the half line in truly two. PASSES i Mean dicky out. Quickly you, know they break the line and Find dollen making that diagonal run. Through and If dolian could just have had one more touch around that, Defender mazo was truly wide open by herself in the.
Speaker 3: Box you think that was a defender. There it Was Claudia, martinez the. Winger we missed that. CHANGE i didn't see. It But martinez has come on on the. Field here's the corner kick going far post, here headed on towards the far.
Speaker 2: Post now here's bug.
Speaker 3: With it getting to that assist, area but just out for a goal. Kick it's a dangerous corner kick that bounced around a couple. Times So Claudia martinez has come into this game For. Washington they didn't really show us who that change was, for but that was a big substitute and she coming all the way back from her attacking winger, position is the one who Tackled Mattie doleen to keep that and she had Sam mezza on the other side of the. Box If Maddi doleen had an inch more of space And Claudia martinez was not, there that would have been a rain.
Speaker 2: Goal you'd think outstanding defending from the.
Speaker 4: Winger, yeah, Absolutely and like you, SAID i mean to have a dab a winger come all the way back to make that play is you, know that's when you know you have a great player on your.
Speaker 9: Hands and we.
Speaker 3: See now the ball at the foot Of phoebe mclernan For Seattle. Rain we're into the seventy seventh minute here At Auty. Field it's a one to one game Between seattle And. Washington eighteenth minute goal From Lacy santos of The, spirit forty fourth minute own goal By washington's left, back and we're noted at one here in when it has been a battle of styles and a battle of philosophies by these head coaches here in this entire second half that has lasted here thirty, minutes scoreless so. Far but it does feel like something is. Coming Here's kawassie working right Against James. Turner foul called And rain will have a free kick from their own.
Speaker 2: End.
Speaker 4: Yeah, again the physicality, continues and you, KNOW i don't expect it to, stop and both, teams especially Keeping rodman And, cowassie AND i, mean it's just going to keep.
Speaker 3: Coming and there is another big physical tackle there yellow card coming Into we're Twelve Andy sullivan For. Washington they're another very very hard, tackle this time On Maddie. Mercado lots of big collisions And mercado is down holding her left ankle As Laura harvey looks, on wondering about her final chess, piece moves.
Speaker 2: To try to get rained the full three.
Speaker 6: POINTS i think that's.
Speaker 5: The fifths yellow card for this.
Speaker 4: Game so that, again that is tracking what we are seeing in terms of the, energy you, know at times the, chaos but definitely the effort that both teams are putting in to get a.
Speaker 3: Win here Here's bug to take the free. Kick she goes, short working to try to play very small out of the middle of the park on that free. Kick lots of pressure here From santos trying to Pressure seattle into a, giveaway but they're able to get it back to their Goalkeeper Claudia, dicky who sends it out to the right for. Mcclernan pressure coming here From Ken toore and now here Here's bug with a moment to potentially breathe by the way that change. Is In, cantorria the change Was Claudia martinez For Sofia cantorre and Now Claudia martinez playing as the loan.
Speaker 2: Forward we talked About.
Speaker 3: Martinez getting in the way Of Maddie doleen's potential game winning. Assist she came all the way back from her high central forward position to make that game saving stop on the defensive end in a moment that we may talk about your post. Game Is range trying to look to build through the. Middle here to find Me Official washington's able to take that one away now as they now try to work in from their own. End pressure coming all the way up the field From sophia where to and a great tackle there For I'm James, Turner I'm. Gagilimo now Here's mandasire monassere putting it into the box just ahead of. Me Official cogo monassere working quickly off that right. Wing could have been a game WINNING a cyst was just about a yard ahead of. Me official. There but what a tackle From James turner to start that moment of. Transition, yeah AND.
Speaker 4: I think this is Classic rain. Soccer, actually this is exactly What Laura harvey talks, about where the defense starts the attack and she loves those players in the midfield that breakup plays Like, mesa Like James turner did in that, moment and then it just sets them up for a quick transition into that final third and me official just inches away from being able to just take a touch and put it past the.
Speaker 3: Goalie Here's rodman For washington and working up this right. Side you hear the crowd. Cheer she has, space she has the ball finds middle of the. Park now Here's, Sullivan sullivan working towards the.
Speaker 2: Box she has.
Speaker 3: Space left footed shot takes a deflection back of the. NET a deflected shot From. Andy that's how Hirsch felt deflected. Shot Claudia dickey dove. Left she had it fully covered on that left, side but it hit a, foot hit a, leg the ball went the other way and it's into the back of the net for The. Spirit they have a two to one lead in the eighty first. Minute Andy, sullivan How hirschfeld excuse? Me will have that goal and we will see on this replay the massive deflection that Creates washington.
Speaker 2: Second it's off Of. Bug, yeah and.
Speaker 4: It's just, oh it's just it's devastating when it happens this.
Speaker 5: Way, yeah it's off Of.
Speaker 4: Bug it just comes off the back of her, calf And hirschfeld does well to drive centrally, there you, know headed towards. Goal But dicky clearly had good, positioning she was ready to grab, it and it went off of bugs calf as she's stepping out and completely eeridirects it.
Speaker 5: In a way That dicky can't grab.
Speaker 4: It and you, know, again just to speak to the momentums of this, game it just felt like The rain was were inches away in these past couple of minutes from putting something and one thing The spirit have been very good at all season is scoring, goals and one thing that The rain have struggled to. Do AND i you, know a lot was going to come down to these last you, know twenty thirty, minutes like we talked, about and unfortunately we're kind of seeing that that narrative stick for both.
Speaker 5: Teams with that. Goal it feels like a small moment.
Speaker 4: With big, consequences you, know, again a reminder that The spirit do well and continue to score multiple, goals and The rain had that own, goal But i've struggled to put something else on.
Speaker 2: FRAME a couple of changes there for The Washington.
Speaker 3: Spirit page manteor a right back comes in For Gabrielle. Karl it's a like for like fullback. Change also coming into the, Game Gift, monday a fast striker coming out of the field For Lacy, santos the goal. Scorer in the eighteenth minute For washington to get some more pace on the field to potentially transition Against seattle and get a. Winner we See Claudia martinez dropping back a line for The Washington spirit as they get more speed onto the. Field is you know That seattle is going to have to send numbers for. It it's now a two to one lead for The Washington. Spirit eighty first minute goal get credit To Hal hirschfeltz as it took a deflection off the calf Of.
Speaker 2: Jordan Bug.
Speaker 3: And just like three weeks, ago it could be a late goal deciding this. Game but eight minutes and stop a time left For seattle the rain to find a goal, forward to try to send numbers.
Speaker 2: Forward long ball here trying to Find.
Speaker 3: Mercado and now Here's mercado on the left.
Speaker 2: Side little bit of space to cross has.
Speaker 3: Doleen but a great defensive play there all the way back By Trinity, rodman the winger who put in the defensive work and it will send that one out for A rain corner kick here in the eighty fourth. Minute great defensive play there By Trinity, rodbin who doesn't usually do a lot of defensive, work but that was a big moment for the.
Speaker 4: Attacker, yeah good work and a good reminder that this game is still back and. Forth it has been the whole, time and you, know The rain have a chance right here to even it.
Speaker 3: Up mondese are both hands. Raised it'll be an in swinger going far post. There it's over the ahead of, everybody, though you go all the way to the other corner stick like that was, mcclernan towards that farstick. There she hits it out and it will be a goalkick here for The Washington spirit with seven minutes to go At Audi.
Speaker 4: Field, yeah and that's unfortunately not the service From mondas here probably that she wants to see her or that anyone else wants to. See at that, moment it really just kind of clears the whole group and lands in the very edge of the eighteen yard. Box and those are the moments again When Laura harvey's talking about the final, pieces whether it's me official needing those final, pieces of production to add some value to the score, line or players Like Cocoa.
Speaker 5: Mandas, here it's finding these moments.
Speaker 4: And these really really tight games against good teams to put something on the board.
Speaker 3: Exactly Here's Jordan bug trying to work out of the back here. Giveaway There's monday who had the ball for just a. Moment meza now working under a lot of, pressure working On. Kuwassie she clears it long just to get some space, here but it will go, out not. Yet washington's still with it right there on the. Edge they're keeping this ball, in they're keeping, possession they're keeping the ball off the foot of The Seattle Rain as we're into the eighty fifth minute and you look at the bench For Laurel harvey, two she Has Emory, adamas she Has Brittany. Ratcliffe in terms of attacking, players you wonder if those are the final chess moves coming from The rain head. Coach Here's rodman cutting in now putting the ball in For. Monday monday crossing it onto her left, foot shot skies into the. STANDS a chance there For Claudia martinez right in the middle of that. Box she was working On Sophia huerta but could not put that shot on. Frame and it's those moments right now that uned For Seattle rain to shore up defensively and they did just enough.
Speaker 4: There, yeah and, AGAIN i mean this is Why Washington, spirit you, know has the record they have and have had that. Success is the number of attacking threats is really tough to track as in, that like with such a good back line that The rain. HAVE i, mean, right we're going from you, Know kuwassie To monday To rodman To cantory to now you Know.
Speaker 5: MARTINEZ i, mean it's just it feels.
Speaker 2: Endless.
Speaker 3: Yeah a lot of talent there on This washington, team and that's why they were in THE Concacaf final last. Week they lost five to. Three here's a giveaway right in the middle of a box and a great save By Claudia. Dicky dicky keeps that one on the back of the. Net it looked like it was three to. One it's still two to one thanks To Claudia.
Speaker 4: Dickie what a, save phenomenal, safe she comes, out she makes herself. BIG i, MEAN i can't remember what player that, was RIGHTTHER i missed, it but.
Speaker 2: She was just in the.
Speaker 4: Box in the box with no one around her and could have placed it around. Her But Claudia dicky does well to bat that. Away but, again no more defensive. GIVEAWAYS i mean we're seeing that now a couple times with the. Rain it's it looks like it's maybe mclarnand, no It's James turner who gives the ball away AND i.
Speaker 5: Think kuwassie, There, yep It's.
Speaker 4: Kowassie wasn't able to slip it Past dickie and great job there for her to get out and keep that out of the back of the.
Speaker 3: Net another change From Laura Harvey Emriya damas coming in For Maddie. Mercado another there's an attacking change For seattle is A, damas still looking for her first goal contribution of the year after a great year last. Year is that the final chess piece move From Laurrea harvey to try to find now an equalizer eighty seventh minute here At Audi, Field, Washington spirit Leading seattle two to.
Speaker 2: One an eighty first minute.
Speaker 3: Goal that took a wicked deflection off the calf Of Jordan bug went into the back of the net that has given The spirit this late. Lead now here they are working up on this right. Side Here's Trindy rodman working On Madison. Curry curry doing some good. Defending rodman still on, it has to retreat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Looking for some, help and she can't find. It she gives the ball.
Speaker 3: Away now the Rain wolf to, transition but they cannot do. It washington coming away with It monday towards the end, line and there is not a lot of pressure From. Seattle here Is washington players have. It they will simply give it, away But seattle cannot Contain seattle trying to transition.
Speaker 2: Quickly it's given up to the spirit here in the eighty eighth.
Speaker 4: Minute, yeah and again this is when The spirit actually look their most fluid right now in the entire. GAME i, mean the players the way they're, rotating And Andy sullivan's in there to kind of rotate. Up morgan's on the ball right. Now we see what tons of space and she's able to take that. Space rodman's come out to the. WIDTH i, mean they look very confident they.
Speaker 3: Do leading two to. One here's to the end. Line chance to cross it in For rodman middle of the box cut. Away nice play there to keep that one. Out believe That's James turner cutting that one. Back it's cleared away all the way to the mid, line But washington's still with. Her they are pushing for a. Third Now rodman gets up, slow not able to use her in the. Attack As washington now have the ball right the halfway. Line they are playing with it with no pressure now as they will try to Find. Rodman rodman was. Offside they're trying to Involve Trindy rodman into this attack and she just walking back to get. INVOLVED i don't Think Trindy rodmin's hurt or. Anything she has just decided to not be part of the. Attack is now here is the final chess piece From Laura. Harvey her final. Move Brittany, ratcliffe an attacking player coming on for the holding midfielder Has James turner and that is in a big attacking move From harvey to try to find an.
Speaker 5: Equalizer Yeah, ratcliffe you know she's a speedy.
Speaker 4: Attacker she wants to put extra pressure on that back line and takes Out James, turner who's done a great, job great defensive, work but she's looking for that goal.
Speaker 3: And long ball over the top here cannot be cleared too much it would go To maddie Doll lean's foot on this left wing has players running in to help curry into the box for official official. Turns here's mesa mesa crossing going to the far. Post here's where it's a middle a domin So domas trying to find where it's a now crossing towards the other. Post kind of turned and just sent a wishing ball towards that far. Post nobody home out for a goalkick here in the ninetieth minute At damas trying to put some work, in trying to just send balls and get some, runners but nobody was.
Speaker 4: There, yeah And Emory damas, JUST i, mean a fantastic young. Player she's very, skilled she's very, crafty she's really good on the. BALL i think that last piece we're seeing there maybe a little bit of, youth you. Know Laura harvey's said that it's this last final piece again with A. Damas and there they had, time they had numbers around the, box they could have sent a better, ball and and the said she kind of just sent, it like you, said a wishful shot from out.
Speaker 3: Wide there's Do leen brought down on that left wing as a foul. Called, yes it Is matta Do leen doing well with her speed to earn a foul about five yards outside of the penalty box on this left wing long ball forward and that's kind of just you send not even a, cross but you just send a ball over the top and Use Maddie dollen's. Speed and here we go with three minutes. Added we're already three seconds into the added three, minutes two and a half minutes left in this. Game washington leading two to, one and a free kick coming that is going to be a very dangerous one to. Defend you assume it's going to be where to over. It here we go ninety first, minute about to turn into the ninety second where it's a raising her left hand cross coming, in going to the far, post headed up and out for a corner. Kick washington doing good job getting their head on that. One me official was there at the back, post but A washington defender came swooping in to head that one out of the back on her own. End and here comes a corner kick here ninety second, minute and here is gonna Be mezza Or damis both hands raised going to the near post here headed away From washington stays With seattle back To adamis on this right, wing crossing it in going to the far. Post is anybody there here is? Bug can she keep it? In?
Speaker 2: No she cannot goalkick coming.
Speaker 3: Here we are now eighty seconds from the final whistle and a goal kick, coming And washington's going to take a couple extra seconds on this.
Speaker 4: One, Yeah i'm sure they went and again just not the final service that they. Want that cross is going you, know, backpost kind of over everyone's, heads even though they have the numbers in the box to put something on.
Speaker 5: Frame So seattle's still.
Speaker 4: MISSING i think that final, piece that final attacker that's going to get something and challenge the.
Speaker 3: Keeper, well here Is makiv sending the ball. Forward rain will kind of clear it back into their own end Using doleene's.
Speaker 2: Speed Can dleen in another? Foul she?
Speaker 3: Cannot dleen is called for the foul and a free kick coming For washington deep in their own. End forty five seconds until the final whistle Is MacIver will.
Speaker 2: Slowly jog over to this.
Speaker 3: Ball players For washington will slowly walk up the. Field the seconds tick. Down we'll see if anything more gets added from our referee. Today now the kick comes forward all the way Long. Trinity rodman heads it up To, Monday, monday working against Two rain, players still finds a way to get out of. It ball pops Up rain throw in fifteen. Seconds can they send numbers? Forward can they get something? Going you gotta work. Fast throwing comes going along, here trying to find me official throw doesn't get long. Enough washington gets it Back. Monday working on a few, players she manages to get out of, it but give the ball away quickly cleared it all the way up the. Field washington clears it right back To. Rodman rodman working through a couple. Defenders Here's Martinez, martinez and it's a great job By. Ah but there is the final. Whistle, rain we're trying to take something away there at the last, second as The Washington spirit we're working towards the. Box you thought there might have been one more chance to get up the field from their deepen on their own end with the referee will blow the fire whistle and this one goes. Final it's a two to one loss for The Seattle. Rain The Washington spirit get the win at.
Speaker 5: Home, yeah and this is this is a tough one for The.
Speaker 4: RAIN i, mean it really, is like we, said it felt like there was a law on the line, here even though it's a team that they recently, played even though they're going into a big. Break but that's part of the reason why it's it's setting the, narrative you, know of what's happened in this first part of the, season and, unfortunately the narrative for Their rerain right now is that they are having a very difficult time. Scoring and even though that switched a little bit In boston and that felt, good and you saw their. Confidence their only goal today, again you, know an own, goal and they had some, chances but definitely not as many as The. Spirit and so this is a tough one to walk away from because at, MOMENTS i think the majority of this game.
Speaker 5: Was fifty to.
Speaker 4: Fifty it's still only a two to one score, line and The Washington spirit's easily one of the best teams in the. League The rain is still in the middle of the. Pack so you, know don't want to be too. Pessimistic there's still plenty of season left to. Play they are a good, squad they're finding their, feet but this, one this one.
Speaker 3: Hurts, yeah this one certainly. Does it's a two to one win For washington with the. Lost Seattle rain now at tenth place IN nwsl four five and two with fourteen. Points with the, Win washington maintains their fourth place. Spot thanks to some other results AROUND, nwsl they are at twenty one points now with a six two and three. RECORD a great season right now for The washington spirit continues and The rain still looking for goals and looking for. Wins we'll take a break, Here we'll get to the postgame show and break down what has been a two to One Seattle rain. Loss we'll start the postgame show next On Sports radio a nine to FIFTY. Kjrm It's Mike. Homengrin my years of coaching taught me the value of smart. Decisions if you're looking for a great, Vehicle toyota Of kirkland makes that choice. Easy toyota Of kirkland's pre owned inventory is loaded with dependable, cars trucks and, SUVs all, inspected all priced, right and all ready to drive home. Today stop in today or Visit toyotafkirkland dot com and experience why they're the number One toyota dealership in The. Northwest toyota Of kirkland the right call every.
Speaker 15: Time boom At Navy Federal Credit. Union may is our favorite Because Military Appreciation month is our time to celebrate those who go above and. Beyond we know the military community protects our country at home and, abroad takes care of their families and volunteers in their.
Speaker 9: Neighborhoods that's why.
Speaker 15: We've helped service, members veterans and military family members for over ninety. Years learn more At navyfederal dot, org slash celebrate And Happy Military Appreciation Month Navy Federal Credit. Union our members are the. Mission Navy federal is insured BY.
Speaker 23: Ncua, Hey Deck, faneer you know, WHAT i appreciate professionals who actually do it.
Speaker 6: Right that's WHY i go with Bloom A Tree.
Speaker 23: Experts their arborists aren't on, Commission they're focused on what's best for your, trees not upselling.
Speaker 6: You they explain what's going.
Speaker 23: On take care of your property like it's their, own and do the work the right way the first. Time it's thoughtful discipline tree care you can trust and right now mention me Or kjar and get one hundred bucks off your TREE Worko Tree experts the kind you call again and recommend to everyone TWO o six seven one four ninety eight thirty five and bloom A tree dot. Com hey deck, fan here with the weather we've had this spring golf season started early for us here in The. Northwest but regardless of how great the weather, is no one wants to pay full price for a round of.
Speaker 6: Golf WELL i got good news for.
Speaker 23: You we still have a few around The sound golf passes available nine rounds of golf at fantastic tracks Like, Whitehorse, Avalon cedars at Dungeons, Port ludlow and more for just two. Nineteen that's less than twenty five bucks a. Round but this is your last. Chance pick up your round The sound Golf fest today At seattlegolffest dot.
Speaker 25: Com jawn eight seven Seven Cars The kids ka R Ass Cars The Kids pawn eight seven Seven cars The. Kids still at your car Today quawn eight seven Seven Cars The kids k R Ass Cars The Kids plawn eight seven Seven cars For. Kids donate your car.
Speaker 19: Today ready to get rid of that old, car donate it To cars For. Kids call eight seven Seven cars For kids to speak to a friendly live. Agent donation is super easy and your car can be picked up as soon as. Tomorrow go to carsfour kids dot org now or call eight seven seven cars For.
Speaker 6: Kids to donate your car today go.
Speaker 26: Ekesenn seven caskids days fine exen ten cometake your cars to.
Speaker 9: Day do you know you can donate real estate? Too go to carspourkids dot.
Speaker 6: Org that's cars with A.
Speaker 1: K the following is an exclusive presentation Of Seattle rainsucker On Sports radio nine fifty kJ.
Speaker 2: Uh it's a final outy field In, washington D.
Speaker 3: C The Washington spirit have Defeated Seattle rain by a score of two to. One it was a back and forth game with a lot of conflicting philosophies and styles back and. Forth in the eighteenth, Minute Lacy santos gets a free kick goal from distance that goes over the head of Has James turner goes into that far side of the right of the goal that Give washington a one to nothing.
Speaker 2: Lead, then in the.
Speaker 3: Forty fourth, minute after a lot of back and forth transition, play it's an own goal for the left back For, Washington lucilia Di. Gauelmo she puts it into the back of her own net in a wild play that made the game one to. One the second half was very much two freight trains going right out of each other. Stylistically but in the eighty eighty first, minute Hal hirschfeldt dribbles towards. Goal she puts a shot on. Goal it looked like it was going to be covered By Claudia dicky diving to her, left but it took a deflection off the calf of center Back Jordan bug went into the back of the net and that Gave washington their second, goal where they ended up winning two to one today over the. Rain we welcome you into the postgame, Show Jackson, Feltz Stephanie verdoye here On Sports radio Nine, am And, stephanie that is a hard one to, swallow the winning goal coming off of one of your own calfs on the.
Speaker 4: Deflection, yeah deflection goals are just, brutal, right because everyone's kind of looking around being, like what are you supposed to do about? THAT i, mean like you, Said dicky had it. Covered the defenders were in good, positioning there was good pressure on the. Ball it didn't seem like it was a shot that was going to go. In and it's almost like because of the defensive pressure on the, ball right you're almost. Punished and and you, know we said it off, Air we'll say it again on. Air this this one hurts mostly because The. Rain we're right there with a very Good spirit team and we would put you, know these eleven up against anyone in the league and feel like The rain are moving in a good position and in a good. Way they have a rhythm to their movement right, now they've scored some goals. Recently they have enough there to compete with. Anyone and the problem is is they Are it just feels like they're just inches every, time every good, game every good, team they're just inches.
Speaker 3: Away if that doesn't Hit jordan bugs. Calf this is a one to one final and it's at the home Of Washington, spirit a team who just played in THE Concacaf Champions League final Against Club, america which was a five to three, final and they went toe to toe with them all the way and is a deflection goal that ends up making this. ONE i think the other thing, too Is stephanie that we talked about since we started these. Broadcasts in That utah game a month, ago was the. Offense and in That utah, game we have the major injury To Jefs, fishlock and now we see these last two, Games Sally mente starting at the ten in. Place but The RAIN i think are really Missing Jes fishlock when it comes to scoring more.
Speaker 4: Goals they, ARE i, mean besides the fact That fishlock is one of you, know the most the rarest of, players, Right she's so, competitive she's so you just feel her energy even all the way up in the press. BOX i, mean everyone knows what kind of player she is and how she can change the, game and on top of that being a, leader being a really important part of the you, know the spirit of this. TEAM i think we're seeing it in the moments where you, know the game and maybe in the seventy fifth, minute it's going back and, forth it's ping, ponging and they've had some, chances but The rain's not putting it on on. Frame that's WHERE i See fishlock rallying the, troops getting everyone behind, her putting the team on her shoulders a little, bit and finding, something you, know for herself and for the. Team and so, unfortunately the you, know the good, part these young players are so. Skilled me official Sam mesa And Maria, DOMAS i Mean mercado ever you, know the youth and the potential is, there but they are Missing fishlock's.
Speaker 3: Presence they certainly. Are you, know we don't Do paul's Choice player of the matches for. LOSSES i would like to talk About Madison, curry Because Madison. Curry we talked about her skills and how good she was in The boston, game and then this game again she's the one who creates the own goal with a long ball over the top that gets popped in By washington's left. Back But, curry once, again her job On Trinity, rodman her job crossing balls in she had. ANOTHER i, mean if this was a one to one, game she would have been our player of the.
Speaker 2: MATCH i think.
Speaker 4: ABSOLUTELY i, mean you, know talk about in game of, inches there were multiple opportunities for The spirit that Without, curry you, know this would have been a different score. Line and so you, know it's hard to give sometimes defenders players of the match when there's been goals. Scored but the reality is that she had as much of an impact on that field today as anybody.
Speaker 3: Else she certainly. Did But Seattle ray not able to get the. Equalizer it's a two to one win For. Washington we'll take a break and we'll come back on the postgame show and we'll talk about what's next For seattle because it is a long. Break The World cup is, here and so it comes a break for both The sounder, side for the men's side of The World cup, obviously but also there will be international games on the women's. Side lots of players called. Up washington had, Ten seattle has three players called it. Internationally they are going to be in action and the team will be off for about a month and a half until they RESUME nwsl. Play we'll tell you all that you need to know ahead as THE nwsl league goes on the, break and we'll tell you what's ahead For seattle, players specifically that's next on the postgame. Show Sports radio nine FIFTY KJR.
Speaker 27: Am voters are listening to the, radio tons of. Them if you're running for, office radio is where people are actually tuned, in not swiping past. As connect with communities everywhere and get on the. Air in just forty eight, hours visit win with iHeart dot. Com that's win with iHeart dot.
Speaker 2: Com feeling.
Speaker 12: Lucky don't miss The Lucky Spring Classic collector Car. Auction, Saturday june, sixth At Tacoma's Lemain Merrymount Events. Center been on hundreds of items including, vimpage, muscle exotic, cars, trucks, bikes, boats and. RVs get lucky and visit lutyoldcar dot com for.
Speaker 2: Details hey, guys it's us The Jonas. Brothers I'm, Joe I'm, kevin And I'm. Nick and guess. What we create our own podcast and it's Called Hey.
Speaker 20: Jonas listen To Hey jonas on The iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your.
Speaker 25: Podcasts bun even Seven dollars For kids ka are As Cars Were? Kids one eat seven Seven cars Were? Kids donate your car today one et seven Seven cars For. Kids ka are Ass cars Your kids one eat seven Seven cars Were? Kids donate your.
Speaker 19: Cards ready to get rid of that old car donating it To cars For? Kids call eight seven Seven cars For kids to speak to a friendly live. Agent donation is super easy and.
Speaker 2: Your car can be picked up as soon as.
Speaker 19: Tomorrow go to carsfour kids Dot org now or call eight seven Seven cars For kids to donate your car.
Speaker 9: Today one et.
Speaker 25: Seven Seven cars For. Kids k are Ass cars Your kids one eat seven seven. Cars we're?
Speaker 19: Me did you know you can donate real estate. Too go To carsfurkids dot. Org that's cars with A.
Speaker 8: K it started as a puddle in the. Shower uh, oh then the.
Speaker 9: Kitchen scene started bagging. Up YEAH i know where this. Is go mogg down, right no.
Speaker 8: Problem beg your. Pardon there's no.
Speaker 9: Clog we can't clear your dan From Apollo.
Speaker 8: Plumbing this is gonna get. Pricey how about eighty three dollars to clear my?
Speaker 9: Drain Apollo plumbing clear's main drains.
Speaker 8: Every day for eighty three dollars.
Speaker 9: Eighty three or it's.
Speaker 8: Free what's the? Catch no.
Speaker 9: Catch we'll even do a camera. Inspection why is? That it's the best way to find the cause of your clog and it's included no extra. Charge truth is we hate. CLOGS i don't love them seeing them. ALL i promise there's no.
Speaker 8: Clog apollo can clear guarantee eighty three or. Free goodbye slow.
Speaker 9: Drains all it takes is an accessible clean out.
Speaker 8: And apollo gets my drains draining.
Speaker 9: Again you, call we, Come it's, Fixed my.
Speaker 8: Heroes just tune our. Job thank, You Apollo.
Speaker 9: Plumbing Apollo plumbing dot com your home from The Odd couple weekdays four to seven On Sports radio nine FIFTY.
Speaker 13: Kjr we ask parents to their journey of adopting.
Speaker 1: Teens they change WHO i am BECAUSE i can't see life without them in.
Speaker 13: It visit adopt Us kids dot org to learn. More brought to you by Adopt Us, kids THE Us department Of health And Human, services and the Ad.
Speaker 1: Council the following is an exclusive presentation Of Seattle rainsucker On Sports radio nine fifty kJ.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the postgame.
Speaker 3: Show seattle rain falling today In washington by a score of two to, one and the rain now go on a Long World cup. Break it will not play for about a month and a. Half big games coming up right after The World cup break At lumenfield Against. Portland we'll be excited to be there for that, massive Massive darby when the break is. Over and on The World cup grass At lumenfield. Too that'll be awesome to be back At lumenfield very very. Soon but The World cup break is. Here three players will head on to international.
Speaker 2: Duty during this.
Speaker 3: Break we'll Have hollywood With, canada Has James, sterner who had a great game. Today she's going to be away With, wales and Then Claudia dickie away for The United states national. Team and you, KNOW i think a conversation should be had About Claudia dickie because there was obviously the free kick goal in the eighteenth minute that went over the head Of has And Claudia dickie we can talk about her role in that first. Goal and then also during the second half there was a massive giveaway there in her own box That Hal hirschfeldt picks up puts over the, bar but a massive chance there For. Washington and it's these MOMENTS i think for head Coach Emma hayes with the national, team you are Watching Claudia dickie in these.
Speaker 4: Moments, Yeah AND i think you, know one thing people see With Claudia dickey when they watch her play is she's just so obviously incredibly, talented you, know. TALENTED i mean the Way Emma hayes describer is just incredibly. Athletic the Way Laura harvey talks about her is just like the confidence that comes from that type of. Athleticism and she's great and she's taken the number one spot for the women's national team. Before AND i think the word That Laura harvey kept using for her is like this potential she has this, potential she can reach.
Speaker 5: It she's done it.
Speaker 4: Before but when you're prepping for international duty and club is your time to prove that to you, Know Emma hayes and the folks with the women's national, team these moments. Matter AND i think two things we saw From dickie today is a little bit of a lack of. Focus you, know she has the, talent she trusts herself to come out on those big, crosses but with her feet she needs to be. Perfect and with you, know a shot outside the eighteen Like santos had and just kind of whipping it around the back post like that was. All she is completely capable of shopping that. Ball it's almost like the problem with being too, athletic as people are, like, no we know you can get, that and so she needs to turn it up for this international.
Speaker 3: Duty the idea for the national team right now is that nobody has come out and grabbed that number one. Spot claudia right now is the number. One they had three games Against japan in the last couple. Months in those three, games two of the three were started By Claudia dicky and she right now is the choice By Emma. Hayes emahues joined us actually At luminfield for a broadcast about a month, ago and she talked goingly About Claudia dickie's. Skills but it is sort of the thing For claudia where you just want to make sure she understands the number one spot on the national team is there for you as a twenty six year. Old that is a spot that you could run for a. Decade, claudia you just gotta take. It and it's these moments in these games where you just, go, Oh, claudia you need to do a little bit more and be fully there.
Speaker 2: To grab that.
Speaker 6: Spot it's there for.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 4: Claudia, yeah, Absolutely and it's almost hard because you, know part of where confidence comes, FROM i think is some of this. Casualness you, know she's she's, not you, know getting on, herself and she's she does she is so, consistent she does what she needs to.
Speaker 5: Do but she is she's.
Speaker 4: Twenty, six so you, know maybe there's a little bit there of like turn it, up turn it. Up And i'm sure she's hearing that from all. Ends she doesn't have to hear it from. Us she knows what she needs to. Do today wasn't her best match she, made she still made some good saves and she's an incredible.
Speaker 9: Keeper she.
Speaker 3: Is so she's away with The United states, Again James turner away With, wales and then Also hollywood With canada again the. Rain they had this long break here and for the rest of the. TEAM i Think stephanie that the last question before we go into this long break for our broadcasts is where this team needs to move in the next month and a. Half how they need to get. Better how is. It maybe it's as simple as doing a lot of work on the training pitch with head Coach Laurel harvey to get this attack. Moving but clearly the question that we're going to start the pregame show with for That portland match In july is is the attack going to be?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 5: Exactly is the attack going to be?
Speaker 4: There that that's the big, Question and SO i think the focus here in this break is. Confidence when you are the, coach you Know Laura harvey knows what she's. Doing when you're the coach of a team that's going through some of these kind of inconsistent performances with finishing and with getting some goals on the, board what you need is the players all individually to one believe in themselves and as a unit up, top and so how you do. That lots of time, together you, know lots of individual work finishing all that good stuff for the technical. Elements BUT i think a lot of it is building in that trust and that, confidence and she's better at it than. Anyone but it will absolutely be the. FOCUS i think she knows. THAT i think she knows she likes to focus on. Defense but right, now the biggest question is who is going to consistently put balls in the back of the net for the. Rain and the one good thing though THAT i will, say for the rain going into this, break sometimes it's a blessing to not have too many players going away on international. Duty they, have you, know they have a break in, there but they also are going to have some time with a good core group to, really you, know shift what their future looks like for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Exactly so we will see what this attack looks. Like the season will resume On july fourth In kansas or In North. Carolina excuse, me that is a game On july. Fourth they're In North carolina for The Seattle. RAIN i don't believe we're gonna have a broadcast for That North carolina, game but we will be back for The portland game at Lumen field On, Sunday july, twelfth that will have a twelve forty five, pregame a one o'clock kickoff at Lumen.
Speaker 2: Field look forward to seeing everybody there for the amazing.
Speaker 3: Darby that Is seattle Versus, Portland rain Versus thorns there On Sunday july. Twelfth but the rain right now sitting at four five and two going into The World cup break in this thirty game, season we're only about a.
Speaker 2: Third of the way in long road ahead for.
Speaker 3: The Seattle rain to find, goals to find, points and to find.
Speaker 2: Wins SO i want to thank.
Speaker 3: Everybody with today's. Broadcast we Got craig here on site of our technical. Director we Got Keeley, dunning our broadcast, Producer stephanie For douye here on pre half post the entire, game and my name Is Jackson. Feltz we thank you all so much for. Listening we will talk to you for These rain broadcasts On july twelfth for The portland. Match, everybody enjoy Your World cup, break enjoy the international, Action enjoy the games At luminfield so.
Speaker 2: Much outstand you got A World cup pick by.
Speaker 5: The, way oh, man don't put me on.
Speaker 2: This of Course i'll give you a second Because i'm going With. SPAIN i LIKE i like you, though but give Me, padre give.
Speaker 5: Me that's that's fine's.
Speaker 3: An that's THAT'S i. LISTEN i Picked spain back in twenty ten and it, works So i'm Picking spain. Again it should be a Fun World cup, ahead so everybody enjoy the, games enjoy all the games That luminfield as. Well have a very Good World cup. Break we will talk to you afterwards for these rain. Broadcasts take good care, everybody And westwood One radio is up.
Speaker 2: Next