Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show. That reminds you. If these clowns can get ahead, so can you. Robert's morning Glory? Is he coming up in a moment? What do you have on the way?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Movie theater had to be evacuated for a really bizarre reason.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why next.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that in just a moment. There's somebody who says that minor league baseball player he was charged with AsSalt after he threw a baseball tried to throw it into the opposing dugout, I believe, but it went into the stands and hit a fan in the head or something. He was charged with assault. Then there was let's see hockey player Marty McSorley. He was charged with assault after he sticked the guy with four seconds left in a game. I remember that vaguely. Is that the one where the guy just went down and did it cut his uh? Did it cut his cut his neck or something?
Speaker 5: That was with a I thought that was with a skate, That that one, right?
Speaker 1: This one was cut his neck?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that was like but there wasn't that more an ex moderate? This is a what is this guy? The guy who got hit I believe was a black guy who played in the NHL, which uh, I forget the guy's name. What was it, ah Man? I can't remember. Anyways, I'm sure you can find that. That's got to be somewhere. You can see that he was charged with assault. Somebody says, and then somebody says that the only sport to have a player arrested mid game was a FIFA match between Brazil and Argentina, and twenty twenty one, four Argentine players were arrested for violating COVID quarantine. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but maybe anything's possible. I suppose touji yo, Are you ready for the sizzy?
Speaker 4: Oh way, here we go on rovers morning glory.
Speaker 3: Well, the first two deaths have been reported in a cyclosporiasis outbreak in Michigan.
Speaker 4: The state's Health Department announced.
Speaker 3: Yesterday that this, of course, is an illness caused by a tiny parasite that spreads through contaminated food and can cause severe stomach problems in dehydration. But we now know that both people who died had significant underlying health conditions that may have been made worse by the illness and the dehydration. The deaths come as cases in the state of Michigan have climbed past eleven thousand, including one hundred and ninety three people who had to be hospitalized. The CDC and said that if they are aware of the two deaths and a play and to update his website to include confirmed cases as well as death tied today.
Speaker 1: I just heard or I just saw something that said that about two weeks before they publicly announced anything, the Health Department or Health's whatever was already in touch with Taco Bell investigating the case like they had. Interesting they had a narrowed down to Taco Bell before they even said anything to the public weeks before go on.
Speaker 3: A man suspected of starting one of the massive wildfires threatening Spokane, Washington, will be in court this morning.
Speaker 1: Wait did somebody said it on purpose?
Speaker 3: Aaron Farinacci was arrested yesterday after a witness said he saw him acting suspiciously near where one of the fires started on Saturday. It's believed the Old Trails fire was started by matches or a lighter. The thirty seven year old Spokane resident is being held on a one million dollar bond. He also has a past criminal record in Arizona, including a manslaughter conviction for killing his dad in Mesa in twenty Oh my god.
Speaker 4: More than sixty thousand people.
Speaker 3: Have been evacuated from the area as the fires burned largely on contained Hundreds of structures have been destroyed, although no deaths have yet been reported.
Speaker 1: How would they know that that was started by matches or a lighter. I don't know how you get caught lighting a wildfire. It's just I mean, you could just do it. And then they catch these guys somehow. I don't know how this is. Like they caught the guy down in California. They this guy. I just don't understand how you can get caught. There's no evidence left behind. One of those say, if it's a lighter light something a what's the movie with Kurt Russell?
Speaker 3: Back to one of the best movies about investigating.
Speaker 5: And fire and isn't it like the only movie about fires?
Speaker 4: It was a great movie.
Speaker 1: Think of any other movies.
Speaker 3: Ron Howard movie that was fantastic. A sad story out of North Carolina. A married couple was found dead in a murder suice side. It was the morning after their fortieth wedding anniversary. O Tracy Parker Willits is believed to have shot her husband's.
Speaker 1: Oh, we were just talking about this, how the women never.
Speaker 3: Do this, Yeah, before taking her own life in their home. And they were found dead early Thursday morning after a smart watch worn by one of them detected a fall and automatically called nine one one. Oh wow, is that what they do? So if we fall, does it call nine one one?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: How do they know if you fell?
Speaker 1: I think I have fall detection turned on on my watch. I think they say not to turn it on if you're doing like extreme sports because.
Speaker 3: Never Yeah, what heart rate or like I wonder what it is.
Speaker 1: No, it's something with the gyroscopes in there and somehow knows something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what triggered the call to nine one one was the smart watch.
Speaker 1: And we just talked about this a few days ago. We said, or I said, women never do this very rarely. Is it a murder suicide where it's a warman who's the perpetrator?
Speaker 4: Well, they did.
Speaker 3: So it's Wednesday. They last week. Wednesday they celebrated their fortieth anniversary and then Thursday was when she shot him and then killed herself. So that obviously, they are still investigating to see what.
Speaker 1: Well. Wait, so she must have had a watch on, obviously, because if she kills him and then the following day, they would have showed up if it was his.
Speaker 3: After a smart watch worn by one of them detected a fall and automatically.
Speaker 4: So they didn't say which one. But they're investigating.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously the second one, because if it was the first person, she killed him a day before she killed herself.
Speaker 5: Right, No, that's not her soul. Oh the anniversary was the day before.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, still no powerball jackpot winner.
Speaker 3: No one matched all six numbers in last night's drawing, so the grand prize jumps to an estimated seven hundred eighty six million dollars won.
Speaker 4: What'd you win?
Speaker 1: Four bucks? Oh?
Speaker 4: Good, drover sawas my last day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's up, stay in my house. Off my four bucks? I take that, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I win if I want anything? Am I even still playing? I don't know. Let's see, you.
Speaker 3: Should be still playing if it's an automatic?
Speaker 4: Are you on the DraftKings app?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I but I might have put up auto play in the other one. Let me see here results. Okay, son of a bitch. I don't know, I'm gonna have to, says winners, and they're like, you know, I let me see here. All right, there's continue on. I'm I'm an idiot here. Oh so winning orders confirm nothing in August, so okay, winning orders for me.
Speaker 3: UFC flight flyweight Alan Nashamento has died after suffering an apparent heart attack in his sleep.
Speaker 4: He was only thirty four years old.
Speaker 3: Allen was found unresponsive yesterday morning was pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts by emergency responders. The UFC said that their thoughts are with his family, friend's, teammates and loved ones. He's known by the nickname piro OsO. The Brazilian fighter compiled a twenty a twenty two to seven professional record, and he earned two performance of the Night bonuses and last competed in June when he dropped a split decision to Mitch.
Speaker 1: Raposo, and he was he died from what.
Speaker 4: Heart attack in his sleep?
Speaker 1: Heart attack thirty four? Heart attack and sleep thirty four. Yeah it's a little unusual. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So a screening of Spider Man Brand New Day in Columbia occurred and the whole theater, including somebody that was wearing a Spider Man costume, had to evacuate because someone in the audience had extreme parts.
Speaker 1: Oh swear.
Speaker 3: The screening didn't get officially canceled, but everyone left before the end credits because it smelled so bad. People are saying the farterer is the real villain of the movie. Haha, But they said the whole thing had to be evacuating.
Speaker 1: No, this has got to be. This is not somebody actually farting. This is this is far spray or something like that. There's no way somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because farts dissipate.
Speaker 2: I mean, after a few minutes, it's gone.
Speaker 4: Especially if I have garlic. And speaking of.
Speaker 3: Spider Man, al end with this, remember yesterday we had done this story where Spider Man was like two million shy of the Avengers Endgame for the biggest domestic box office opening ever, and you're like, why wouldn't you just.
Speaker 1: Buy buy two million dollars in tickets and then you go, We're the biggest of all time.
Speaker 3: Well, the final numbers are in and Spider Man Brand New Day has officially overthre own Avengers End Game for the biggest domestic box soze how that happening. Ever, it earned a total of three hundred and sixty million dollars, which surpassed the initial reporting of three hundred and fifty five million, and again Avengers endgame was three hundred and fifty seven million dollars, So it was a huge amount of money that they made there. You got that is the shizzy Rovers Morning Board.
Speaker 6: Become an instant celebrity when you call into the show with video.
Speaker 7: After you video call Rovers Morning Glory, everyone will recognize you as the genius were the best and smartest comment of all time.
Speaker 6: Just download the Rover Radio app and use it to.
Speaker 1: Video call the show.
Speaker 7: Fame awaits with video calls inside the Rover Radio app available in app stores.
Speaker 1: Pump and Iron Match has Maybe that guy had a Calshi bet on wildfires. Hopefully they don't have that, but it wasn't from me. If they did, and that certainly would entice people to start a wildfire if they were going to get paid out on it. You know that Selene Dion, I don't know how this is how this is possible, but she had stiff person syndrome. It's a real affliction. It sounds made up, but maybe there's a more technical name for it. But this is a very rare disorder where you just become you can't move basically, and you're brittle. You're like a statue and it's I guess impossible and maybe even painful to move at all. But you can't. They really cannot move. And Selene Dion was afflicted with this, and this was years ago that she was diagnosed, and I remember seeing interviews with their people about it. I don't even know if it was her. Maybe, but no, as far as I know, there was no cure for it. That's what's that's what's so strange about this. Now, maybe if you have a bunch of money and you come down with a stiff person syndrome, you can gets some sort of treatment or experimental treatment or whatever. She is now back to performing. I think you did this in the news a while ago, that she was.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think it's somewhere over in uh not Vegas, could be wrong. I don't think it's Vegas. I think of somewhere in Europe. I'm not sure. So now people are complaining that they went to see Celine Dion and she is not up to snuff. Her voice is not what it used to be not what it used to be, and I sort of is. And people complaining about this, but he watched this. Here she is. Yeah, I have a video of her.
Speaker 7: It's worse. Yeah you can tell her. Yeah, yeah she.
Speaker 1: Can't. I can't say there. But she is moving around like unbelievably, Like how do you move around like that after you have this rare disease that my understanding was that there was absolutely no treatment or no cure, and that you were just this, this is how you're gonna die. You're just stiff as boared. So how she somehow was treated for that she's moving around I don't know, but people are. I mean, what, look when you go to see her.
Speaker 4: I've seen her.
Speaker 1: When you go to see her, Not that I ever would, but man, it would be misery, absolute misery. Oh my god, I'd be stiff with boredom.
Speaker 3: Well I'll tell you. My mom saw her in Vegas. After my dad died. My mom got a bunch of money and she blew it. She blew it all. She went to Italy, she got her breast on her facelip celine dion.
Speaker 1: She did it all and she was out of the money.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would say within two years.
Speaker 1: Really, how much? What kind of doe are we talking about?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to know make you angry? No, it was just I know, it doesn't matter. It was hers.
Speaker 3: But anyway, she saw Celene Dion and then she told my sister and I we have to go and see Selene Dion because it was once in a lifetime and we were like, absolutely not, there's no way we're going.
Speaker 4: She ended up taking us.
Speaker 1: We ended up.
Speaker 3: Going and it was a fantastic show.
Speaker 4: It was incredible. She can perform.
Speaker 3: She has huge like people behind her stage. It was magical, crying like it was fantastic. So when you see her in person, or you've even seen her at award shows, you know she's really good.
Speaker 4: What you just heard right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people's voices go out sometimes I can't believe. I'm well, she's moving around, so what a miracle. She's out there performing. You should be happy that she's performing instead of complaining about it.
Speaker 4: What's the story? You didn't see what the story is?
Speaker 1: The story is people are complaining that they spend a bunch of money on tickets and now, oh.
Speaker 4: Well did they return the money?
Speaker 1: Oh, they didn't return the money. It was going to return the money if you're you complain that people are complaining that. Yeah, people are complaining like we spent good money for this, and this is this is this is the level of quality that we're going defin we get to see she's sick. Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's a miracle even out they're performing.
Speaker 4: So why doesn't she cancel it?
Speaker 6: Well, if you're a Celean Dion fan, you would know she's sick and you'd be like, Okay, maybe she will be able to move today.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Oh, this is actually better than I thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not sick anymore?
Speaker 3: Okay waiting, No, I think.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. When you is there a cure? Is she completely cured? I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's two different sick.
Speaker 3: Is she going through something where she was touching her chest like she can't breathe she has a cold, or are you saying she's sick because she has stiff person syndrome.
Speaker 4: There's two different scenarios here.
Speaker 1: I believe that it's that she can't because I don't know. I don't know if her voice went out or if that's just the way she's older, you know, the older you are, your voice goes out. We saw Whitney Houston. We've seen videos of her at the end, remember how well she could sing and then like those last performances, but she was doing just really horrendous. Let us drugs, Yeah, okay, we need drugs and age. I'm sure that that doesn't help either. But I mean, I can't believe anybody would be complaining about this. It's really what a scumbag you are for your complain If you pay a.
Speaker 3: Lot of money, tickets are expensive and they're not up to part.
Speaker 4: But you're not just in the story.
Speaker 1: It may not be because she's I don't know the miracles she's even up there.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what the story is.
Speaker 3: If she's healed and able to go on tour and do all this crap, then she should be able to sing. We just did a story about bon Jovi. Is it bon Jovi that said, hey, I don't feel good. I'm not giving you the performance that you deserve. I feel like Celine Dion should do the same thing, like listen.
Speaker 6: I can't do this very manlow and there's no way he's still move being like you want him to move around and you don't complain about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take an under advisement that he's a thousand years old.
Speaker 3: No, okay, so that's a great example. His voice is still amazing, Like he can still sing.
Speaker 1: He can't talk twenty years ago, thirty years ago, he can't.
Speaker 3: Walk very well, and he's not dance into the copa cabana, but he still can sing.
Speaker 4: So I didn't feel slighted.
Speaker 1: So you would ask for your money back if you went to the store.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm quite surprised she didn't say I'm going to return all your money. She doesn't need the money. She's a billionaire, so why not say, look, I'll reschedule this I'm sick. Or does she preface it by saying, Hey, I'm still going through this stiff person disease. You're gonna come tickets an't to be that expensive, Please have some grace ticket. Well, what are you doing it for if you're going to entertain me and your your She wants.
Speaker 1: To the best of her ability right now, I think you should be. One of the worst things I saw when B two and I were we were we were in London. She likes to go into places, and we went to this play and it was this this thing where Celine Dion is supposedly on the Titanic. It's called Titanique. Holy Christ, was this the worst thing I've ever seen in my entire life? Just, I mean, I just I think I was the only straight guy in the audience there. That was the first thing. And it was just so bad, just everything about it.
Speaker 4: It was the play about.
Speaker 1: Being on the Titanic, went on Titanic. It's not a retelling of the movie titan on the Titanic, right, it's it's what It's all just so yes, it's a lot of her songs.
Speaker 4: And people are on the.
Speaker 1: But the Titanic is thinking, I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: Because I was just you don't even know what the hell you saw?
Speaker 1: I know, it was that that ridiculous. And it's something about Celine Dion and she's telling a story. It starts out she's like they're at a museum or something, maybe it's a Titanic museum, and then the person taking you through the museum turns out to be Selene Dion, and she's like, I was actually on the Titanic, and then she tells this incredible lie about being on the Titanic or what it's so dumb. It's so dumb.
Speaker 8: I mean, oh, he that guy would sets the wildfires to set the theater on fire and put me out of my misery.
Speaker 4: Oh gush, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I gotta take a break. We'll be right back on Roever's morning glory hanging hey, and he doesn't give a glorious I saw that there's this AI company named lemon Lime, and last week they got some bad publicity because they did an after party at there was some sort of like startup sort of conference or something like that, I don't know what it was. And they did an after party and they had a tattoo artist come to the after party and you get a tattoo, sit down, get a tattoo. Everything was free, I guess. And then the company tweeted or posted on actually I think it was on LinkedIn. They said that if you got a lemon Lime tattoo, they would give you an instant interview. And here, as the post says from the co founder of lemon Lime, he says, seven people left our YC after party with permanent tattoos. We hosted a YC startup school after party at the lemon Lime office to meet exceptional people. And find out which of them are just as crazy as we are. That's why we brought an actual tattoo artist to our party and offered an instant interview to anyone who got a lemon lime tattoo. We are bold, we take risks, and we do things that haven't been done before. Being committed to our mission is paramount prerequisites for building the future. If you're reaching out to us to apply for a job, you might want to take notes. So people were outraged at this photo that he had posted of a woman getting a here's the post there and there's a woman getting the a tattoo there at their thing. And people were outraged at this, saying how terrible it is that you you forced people to get a tattoo. But here's the thing, nobody actually forces people to get a tattoo. The person in the picture actually didn't even get a lemon lime tattoo. You get to pick your own whatever you want as a tattoo. She got to pick her tattoo. She later posted that I did not get a tattoo of the lemon lime logo. I got a personal one and I love it. Number two. Yes, almost everyone else got a lemon lime logo tattoo and number three, No, I'm not seeking a job. I run my own femtech startup. Whatever that means. What's a femtech startup?
Speaker 6: A feminine like products, but tech like AI powered tampons.
Speaker 4: It tells you when you need to change it. It's time full, it's.
Speaker 1: Connected, Bluetooth is connected. It tells you, I'm you're smart. Watch time to pull out this tampon?
Speaker 4: Kind of right, vibrate even the signal it's ready to go.
Speaker 6: Software diagnostics, products and services that use technology to focus on women's health. Key areas include menstrual health, fertility, pregnancy, and menopause care.
Speaker 1: Here is the uh, here's the woman's company, her femtech startup. Here's what you do. Number one, you optimize your wellness as an iOS beta tester. Okay those number two those look like ovaries. I think Number two you have weekly conversations and in real life meetups. And then number three donate your menstrual blood. So that's donate it donate. That's right. We need more menstrul blood to do what was not sure the center something or I have no idea? What are you doing with your menstrual blood? Huh? Well, that's her femtech company that she started up. Anyway, so she did not get the Lemon Lime logo. She says, just to clarify, But a lot of people are are blasting this company for doing this. I don't have any issue with this. I really don't. First of all, nobody is forcing you to get the tattoo. If you worked not hold on. If you worked at the company and they said you have to get a tattoo of the company, you go, Okay, I don't want a tattoo if you stupid logo. If they required all applicants to get a tattoo of the company logo, I would also says, that's you know, no good. You can't force somebody to do that. But if they throw an event and they go, hey, look we have a tattoo artist here. If you get our tattoo, are our logo tattooed on you, we will give you an instant job interview while you're here. But not a job. Not a job a job interview, that's to me, But that's their choice. That's the person who's going to the thing. They get to choose, and maybe maybe your choices. Well, I don't want to work for this company, maybe your choices. You know what I am really, I'll show them I'm just as crazy as they are. I'll do whatever it takes to get ahead. And here, yeah, go tattoo my forehead. Let's do it. I hope you have the required job skills to actually lay in the job when they give you the interview. But I don't. What's the problem here? Why are people so bet out of shape over this? And in fact, the guy he had to either come out and apologize. I'll read you his apology though. Give me a second here, But what's the big deal do you think it is?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 3: I feel like Charlie does too, Like you're you're almost looking down if I don't do it, and then degrading a little bit if I do it and then I don't get the.
Speaker 4: Tattoo. Is not it's always on you.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, but it's it's but you don't have to do that. Nobody's forcing you to get a tattoo. Nobody. They said, we'll give you an instant job interview if you get the tattoo.
Speaker 4: But why wouldn't I get an instant job interview.
Speaker 3: Without the tattoo? Because nobody's hiring. Everyone's hiring. Everyone is hiring, people are looking for work. Really, everyone is hiring right now. People wrong about that.
Speaker 1: What's going on. Everyone's hiring that AI stuff. Forget about that taking jobs. It's actually creating jobs. More and more people are being hired left and right. Right.
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of jobs, and I think there's forcing people to like do dumb things to get a job. Uh, because there's not a lot of jobs, and you're forcing is not the you know, maybe not the exact word, but you know, making them compete.
Speaker 1: Like if me and Crystal are both trying.
Speaker 4: To get a job, I'll get a tattoo rover.
Speaker 1: And then you'll get a tattoo. Oh yeah, like that's right on our ash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like so that you don't see anything wrong with that, not not really, you know.
Speaker 1: And again this was like at an after party thing. This is not like a company policy where hey, we're going to be hiring people in the third quarter and everybody who wants to get an interview has to get a tattoo. This is just a a stupid thing at an after party. They hired a tattoo artist to come and give tattoos. It could be in the company logo, or it could be a something else and it's not.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that big of a deal, And so of course this guy after he posted that, he had to delete it after people started bashing him. And you know what pussies everybody is, he writes, I messed up at our YC after party. We offered free tattoos and said we'd be happy to interview anyone who got one. What I thought would be a fun, memorable way to meet people was in reality reckless and instead came across as tying a permanent tattoo to job opportunity, which showed poor judgment, even though participants chose their own tattoos and no one was asked to get our logo. I should have unders understood the pressure and power dynamic created by connecting tattoos to hiring, regardless of said intent. Turning a celebration of personalized art into a company stunt was poorly exercised judgment. We've taken the post down and I have spoken to every one who participated. We are also ready to Jesus Christ this guy what. We're also ready to cover associated removal costs with anyone facing any delayed regret. I'm sorry to the people that we put in that position into everyone who expected better from me to better. There's no clever explanation here. I got carried away and I was wrong for the facts. Interviews were available to everyone regardless. Oh my god, what a baby. This dude is. Just suck it up. So you got a tattoo, whether it's their logo or not, into the world, give me a break.
Speaker 4: It is, it's permanent on your skin.
Speaker 1: You have a tattoo from this show on the skin. Are you crying about it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: But I hate it.
Speaker 3: I've got a number of Phil Sims number eleven on my left hip.
Speaker 4: Not the proudest moment. But I had to do it, so.
Speaker 1: And that was that was what That's twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 4: He had to do it because have to do anything that would have happened nobody.
Speaker 1: I don't know what would have happened. I don't even remember exactly what the what you did. Oh, oh my god, participate in anything. She's always crying. I'm I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I also have another tattoo of cheap trick checkerboard.
Speaker 4: That's their thing, checkerboard black and white.
Speaker 3: I have a checkerboard on my right hip that I did when I worked in Chicago with Kevin Matthews.
Speaker 1: You like cheap trick.
Speaker 3: I love cheap trick. But I was an intern and he had me. It was very uncomfortable. He had me do the tattoo and then he called my dad and said, hey, or your daughter is on the counter with her legs spread, and we got her right on her hip and tattooing.
Speaker 4: You know, it was very but I was an intern, like, I want the job, so I'm going to have to do it.
Speaker 1: Now. Why do you talk about this this guy that she was was this Kevin Matthews whoever that was?
Speaker 4: Love him so much?
Speaker 1: She talks about this guy NonStop. A great Oh, I love that guy. Oh he's such a dear soul.
Speaker 4: Is he's coming to town now.
Speaker 1: What he did, according to you, is the worst thing you could do to somebody forced them to get a head, not.
Speaker 4: For but it was, like I said with this lemon Lin, not forced, but I knew that I needed to do it.
Speaker 1: To keep for internship. So interesting, So how come that guy is so great and he's such a marvelous person? Get lemon lime? Is you terrible? It?
Speaker 4: Because it makes you.
Speaker 3: Also, this is radio, so radio you do different weird things, and I like cheap trick and no one was going to see it, so that was okay.
Speaker 4: But what that company was doing is also this day and age, you can't do.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that anymore, which is why he apologized profusely.
Speaker 2: But even still, you were forced to get a tattoo at all at this party. You didn't have to get a tattoo. It was your choice. And then you're also your choice on the design.
Speaker 1: Right, But.
Speaker 3: You want to get a job, of course, yes, so you know I should go through with this. They're gonna think I'm dedicated to this company. Therefore I'm going to do it. I don't want it, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to do it. You better hire everybody the company.
Speaker 4: Tattoos way better. By the way, memory you had.
Speaker 1: You have two memories, the things.
Speaker 4: That you did in your life that were stupid.
Speaker 2: Maybe you feel they were stupid later on you regret to go ah, but that was a memory of I don't know. To me, it's who cares, It's just a stupid tattoo.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 2: You could get it small, and then if you didn't get the job, you one time, I was real stupid. I was at this after party, got a tattoo to try to get an interview, and that that's it.
Speaker 4: I mean to make a big deal about it.
Speaker 1: I think is in the company is going to be out of business probably in about nine months. Anyways, what was that?
Speaker 4: Acid nine?
Speaker 1: Acid nine? Like like like Jeffrey shows the company Lemon Lime. Who the hell is Lemon Lime. They're not going to be around. What's there?
Speaker 2: Is it something elaborate? Is it something small and dumb?
Speaker 1: No, it's like looks like a little like a quarter of a pie with a little slice taken out with the pac man kinda yeah, yes, let me see what the hell do they do? Business? AI? Meet your new AI team. Lemon Lime learns your business and then automates your team's busy work and a single click.
Speaker 2: Oh that shape is you could after that, if you could just explain it away as anything you wanted to.
Speaker 4: I love lemons, I love lines. I don't see it.
Speaker 1: It's up there.
Speaker 4: It's a slice of lemon right there, a quarter of a slice of lemon.
Speaker 5: That lime where right there?
Speaker 1: The logo right up here.
Speaker 4: You have to put the lemon in the lime. You put the lime in and cococa and then you mix it all up. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: This company's not going to last. Whatever the hell this is. I could just tell this this company is garbage. I mean, this is website. The website's terrible. And there's probably like eight thousand companies they're doing exactly the same thing. This is. This is yah, good luck, lemon lime, whatever the hell that is. There's another company. What do you think now? This one is a little bit weird. Comcast, their cable division. They're being sued by a guy named David Figueroa. He got a job as a retail sales consultant at Comcast. Now, I'm not sure exactly what that would entail sales your cable company, right, or your internet?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So you are on more packages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it's like where I live, I have one choice for where I'm going to get internet from. If I want hard wired internet's I have one provider, a spectrum. That's it. I could try and go get wireless, I could try and go get satellite or whatever, but when it comes to wired, I have one solution. That's that's all. I don't know what you need to sell when you're a Comcast you go anyway. So this David Figarolo got hired on February second of this year. The store manager is a woman named Sully Flintz Peterson, and he is complaining that they kept a chart of all the sales results of everybody for the month, and if you were the last place salesperson, you got tied to a chair and your co workers who had more sales than you had to throw a pie into your face. That's not good.
Speaker 4: You think that's funny. That's actually not funny at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's strange. So at the end of the month he goes, oh, wait a second, hold on, I don't want to I don't feel comfortable doing this. I don't want to do this. They would, by the way, Phil, all of these pie pie in the face incidents, I guess, and the manager would film it, the co workers would film it, and he he said, well don't I don't want to do that. I don't know if he was at last place or close to the last place, or what was going on. He resigned his position on February twenty eighth, the last day of the month, right before he got pied, and now he's suing Comcast. Now he worked there for a grand total of three weeks. He's suing them, saying what a hostile work environment it was, and that this was straight up assault. But he didn't get assaulted. He did not. He said he witnessed some assaults. He said that in his lawsuit. He says that he filmed I think one of these assaults, and so he never he himself. I don't think I ever got pied in the face. Now that is a little bit strange, isn't it. That might to me. That's a little bit because that's far well, hey, that's not optional. It doesn't sound like this tattoo thing. Well, the tattoo thing was optional. You don't have to get a tattoo if you don't want it. They weren't forcing you to get a tattoo. But you're working at this place. If they force you to get a pie in the face, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well about either that or a reduction of your salary.
Speaker 1: Oh you take the pie in the face, right, Yeah, those are your choices. Did they give you? This opens up all sorts of avenues for what we can do discissor Now interesting, so he's now suing them. I don't know exactly what he's hoping to get out of his lawsuit. But again, it's to me that's a little bit different. If they're forcing you to do that in front of everybody, it's humiliating.
Speaker 2: You're already probably humiliated that you know that your sales are not doing well and you probably feel crappy as it is, and now in front of everybody, this is going to happen and you get tied down.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a little tied down on top of it. Yeah. I think they tie you to the chair and then they throw the pie in your face. You know, sometimes I'll see that, Like the salespeople here, I haven't. I haven't seen any like whiteboards or stuff that they I remember in an old building they had maybe they still do this, but they had a list of all the salespeople and then how much crap they'd sold dollar wise, and it was ranked like from first to last place. Did they do that too, Like did they do that to kind of encourage you not to be in last place? Or why do they do that? I always thought that was sort of weird.
Speaker 6: Like I think if you win, you get to do something cool, like go out with Keith Hoskins launch or.
Speaker 1: Something that sounds fun. Yeah, well, okay, so maybe they put the top three up there. But if you have twenty salespeople, why do you put that one guy that has sold four hundred and sixty two dollars worth of stuff for the quarter dollar?
Speaker 3: Maybe put the pressure guy in front of him is sold five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Worth of stuff.
Speaker 3: So maybe he's like, oh, I'm so close, let me get him. I'll wipe Curtis off. I can step on Curtis and get a little bit higher.
Speaker 1: And also another thing that I wondered about that, like when you're putting all that up there and you put this in actual dollar numbers, dollar figures, and you see how much money the company is bringing in, and then you're paying these guys pennies, do you think that that motivates people? Or I mean I kind of look, now, you do have to take into consideration. People are like, look how much money the company is bringing in. Yeah, but they also look look at all their expenses. They have to pay everyone's salary and health insurance and electricity and rent and insurance and yeah, I mean just on and on and on and on. So yeah, they might bring in a lot of money, but they probably don't clear that much money profit wise. But still when you put something on there and they're like, wait a second, I make fifty thousand dollars a year and this company just brought in you know, ten million dollars this quarter or whatever. To me, I people would be like, well, wait, why do I want to go bust my ass for them? But maybe I'm just not in I'm just not in sales. So I'm I I'm not anti sales. I'm just telling you I wouldn't be able to do sales because.
Speaker 3: It's a different kind of you have to be in order you have to I found that I when I did sales, I did TV sales. I didn't like it because you get to go do your own thing, go go sell, and I'm like, well, I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 4: Take a nap. I just didn't. I don't like that. I don't like that kind of.
Speaker 1: Environl Well, you need somebody to ride your ass more.
Speaker 4: No, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Well what do you well? What do you mean you could do your own thing? But you were motivated enough to do anything, That's what you're telling me.
Speaker 3: I'm great at doing sales when it's with something like if we do overfast and when I have to come up with a package and then we pitch it to a client and I'm with them. I love that that I'm really good at. But if I had to go out and check in at eight am at the office and then come back later in the day, I'm just like, yeah, accountable, it's my own I only make like ten thousand dollars and then you get commissioned off of everything. I just wasn't that motivated to walk into a business saying, hey, do you want to advertise on TV? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, bye. But when I went door door, I was really good at that. It's really it's weird.
Speaker 1: Joe says. It's a sales contest. Every sales team has some sort of contest to go up against the other salespeople. I can guarantee you there was at the beginning of the month. Here they were said, either you opt or you opt out. If you're the number one salesperson, you will get whatever it is, but if you're last, you get a pie in the face. I don't like that. So maybe they weren't being forced to do it. They were opting into this, like, hey, you can get a five hundred dollars bonus, or if you're in last place, you get a pie in the face. I don't know, you know what, I wouldn't really have that big of a deal if that was the If that was the thing, would you guys be upset if that's the scenario.
Speaker 6: Just kind of silly. No, I don't think. I really don't think it was a big deal already. Yeah, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: But if they go if they were using it as a punishment, like we have to pie you in the face because you suck as a salesperson, that's a little Yeah, that's not a great look. But if they did give you as an option, hey you can get five hundred dollars bonus at the end of the month or a pie in the face if you're in last place, I don't have an issue with that. Tuji deserves a pie in the face every time we do the shizzy What do you have coming up?
Speaker 3: There's rumored pictures of people two celebrities. Are they married or are they not? Did they get married on the down load when no one knew. I'll tell you who it is and you'll see the pictures on RMGTV next we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hang Out