Speaker 1: Honey money money. Now the info you need to achieve your money dreams.
Speaker 2: This is the Boonberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: All right, Gina Servetti. We're getting closer and closer to the weekend, which I like, yay, but we got work to do here. Fifth Third Bank we're reporting strong earnings this morning.
Speaker 4: That's right, Steve. The Cincinnati based bank posted higher profit in the third quarter, and it beat what Wall Street was expecting. Average deposits beat the street, and a key metric that investors watch called net interest income also beat projections. So we've been hearing about some of these jitters over regional banks overall, not so when it comes to Fifth Third, we're seeing shares moving higher ahead of the opening bell. Investors like what they heard.
Speaker 1: I like that Samsung in the news.
Speaker 3: They're gearing up to showcase that's this new Trifol smartphone at a conference this month.
Speaker 4: Yes, this phone is going to debut at an economic summit in South Korea later in October. Now we've learned that the trifle device will be displayed on the sidelines of this summit. People won't be able to handle it just yet, but it works as either a conventional smartphone or a much larger tablet. When it's fully opened, it has two hinges and it's due out next year.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going me interesting to see. I'm looking forward to that. The markets were not good yesterday. What are you seeing now?
Speaker 1: Things look a lot better than they did earlier.
Speaker 4: Right now, the down futures are starting to show a little bit of life here. They're up thirty five points, SMP futures down only five now, and the Nasdaq futures are down fifty seven. From Bloomberg genis Cervetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: All right, it's coming up on eight ten on seven hundred wl W Steve Hawkins and for Tom Brenhaman it's Friday. We get to always talk to Matt Roush talking TV.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matt Rausch. How are you doing well?
Speaker 5: How you doing Sieve?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: Good good?
Speaker 3: I love talk tw Can you find out some stuff to watch? You say here? Super busy time in the world. A TV streaming pick of the week. What are you seeing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: It dropped yesterday and a lot of people hopefully are starting to watch it. It's a great binge for the weekend. It's the third season of The Diplomat one of my favorite series on Netflix. It's been nominated for the Best Drama in the last couple of times it's been on, but it ended on as such a major cliffhanger in the second season.
Speaker 5: This is a show that stars.
Speaker 7: Kerrie Russell as the Ambassador of the UK, but she gets caught up at all this international intrigue and at the end of the second season she discovered that the Vice President played by the Great Alison Janney, was involved in this conspiracy that ended up with the bombing of.
Speaker 5: A British carrier. But she had her hands.
Speaker 7: Dirty and all of this mess, and she was about to expose her when the President dropstead of a heart attack, and all of a sudden, her nemesis, the Vice President, is now the president, and how's she going to deal with this? Then they introduced Bradley Whitford as the President as the new president's husband, so you have a little bit of a West Wing reunion between Alis and Janny and Bradley Whitford.
Speaker 5: But you have this.
Speaker 7: New president with all this secret baggage going on, and then things kind of spiral from there.
Speaker 5: It's really fun.
Speaker 7: I think this is my favorite political drama I have ever seen since The West Wing, which was a true classic. You know, nowadays, if The West Wing was coming around, it wouldn't be airing on network TV and being airing on a streamer because the network doesn't put any networks don't put anything this good on their networks anymore. More's the pity. But nonetheless, The Diplomat is really fun.
Speaker 5: It's juicy.
Speaker 7: It's even sexy because her relationship with her husband, Carrie Russell is and he was a former diplomat as well, and he's trying to push her into the vice president's seat. This relationship is one of the most fun relationships of any marriage I've seen on TV in a long time, maybe since Carrie Russell's last show, which was called The Americans on FX, where she was playing.
Speaker 5: A fake wife and a fake marriage.
Speaker 7: She was a deeply embedded Soviet spy a living next door in suburban DC in the eighties. I loved The Americans, and The Diplomat is nearly that good. So anyway, Yeah, The Diplomat is my pick of the week. I can't stop talking about it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm always looking for something new. Thank you for that one.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of show biz documentaries of note coming up right.
Speaker 7: Yeah on Apple TV, which has dropped the plus from their name. It's still one of my favorite streamers because their ratio of good shows.
Speaker 5: Is really high.
Speaker 7: They don't flood the market the way Netflix does. But Apple TV almost everything they put on is pretty good. And today they're presenting two major documentaries about major showbiz figures. The biggest one is Mister Scorsese. That is Martin Scorsese, a five episode docuseries from director Rebecca Miller about this legendary director, and it takes you from his days as a student filmmaker all the way up to his Oscar Glory and all these major films of his taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellows, you name it. He's always been struggling with the conflict between good and evil and so.
Speaker 5: Many of his movies.
Speaker 7: It's very, very, very revealing documentary.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 7: You love Martin Scorsese's films, You're gonna want to watch it. And then also dropping today is a much more personal documentary from Ben Stiller about his famous parents, Jerry Stiller and Mira who. If you grew up in the seventies or thereabouts, you remember them as Stiller and Mira, this wonderful comedy team, a husband wife whose love story endured, but their comedy act was great. And Ben Stiller does this very personal documentary about his parents, about how their relationship endured, what their relationship means to him and his own family. I think you're going to want to see that. It's called Stiller and Myra Nothing Is Lost. Really good stuff for show biz freaks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I find myself watching anything Ben Stiller movie or something like that that he does.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 7: Well, he also does severance for the Apple TV Plus, which was a huge hit for them, and so I think he's got a relationship with Apple, which is why he's brought this documentary to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I for a long time I didn't realize his dad was George Costanza's dad in Seinfeld, Right, that's the Jerry.
Speaker 7: John also the dad and king of Queen's And so, yeah, he had a major career in sitcoms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, All right, let's go to spinoffs. They're big, especially on CBS offering a couple tonight.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so yeah, spinoffs, that's how they clogged the market on the network.
Speaker 5: TV.
Speaker 7: If you're not part of a franchise, you're definitely a spin off and so but Blue Bloods was one of their most popular shows that anchored their Friday lineup for fourteen seasons, and it finally it didn't so much run out of gas, but it became too expensive to produce, a lot of people are going to miss it. But if you liked Blue Bloods, you might check out tonight Boston Blue where the oldest of the sons in that family, the Reagan family of New York City, he's moving to Boston.
Speaker 5: Donnie Wahlberg as.
Speaker 7: Danny Reagan is now going to be a Boston cop, pairing him up with a new detective who much liked the Reagan's. Everybody at his new partner's family in Boston is connected, so the mother is the da, the detective's sister stepsister is the police commissioner, so all they're all plugged in, So it has that same kind of feel, and they also gather for family dinner every week, so yeah, it has that same kind of feeling as Blue Bloods. But then also tonight, the other hit series on Friday called fire Country is spinning off something called Sheriff Country. Where one of the characters who is related to the people in Fire Country, she is the sheriff of this small town in California, and you're going to see crossovers, so you'll see famous faces from Fire Country and this sheriff Country. In the first episode of Boston Blues, some of Donnie Walbury's relatives from the Reagans are going to come over in So these all shows kind of blur together. But that's the way that a network TV works. If you've got a hit show, you're gonna spin it off.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 3: You know it's Halloween when the Simpsons air is annual tree House of Horror special coming up.
Speaker 7: This is the thirty sixth annual. This how long that show's been on the air. Tree House of Horror Special? Yes, so every time it's a trilogy. They tell three little goofy horror stories. And the first one they're dealing with a sewer monster that feeds on fat, so of course Homer Simpsons involved in that one. And then there's like a found footage segment about Krusty doing a live TV show where the devil comes in and scares everybody. And then the final episode you go into the far future where everything is plastic, including the Simpsons figures are plastic, So that of course kind of plays into the way that everybody who loves The Simpsons probably has an action figure and you've got major guest voices like Viola Davis and Idris Elba and Michael Keaton. So yeah, it's always a big event when Simpsons does that. But yes, that isn't a signal that Halloween is here, because the Treehouse of Horror special is back on Sunday on Fox.
Speaker 3: And I'm in Halloween mode, maybe Thanksgiving mode. Hallmark Channel has already gone to Christmas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not alone.
Speaker 7: Great American Family is doing it as well. But because the first new Halloween movie, I'm sorry, the first new Christmas movie is going to air on Saturday on Hallmark Channel called a Royal Montana Christmas, where a princess from some fictional European country goes into a Montana ranch and I'm sure love breaks out because it always does.
Speaker 5: On the Hallmark Channel.
Speaker 7: And then Great American Family has there on the same night on Saturday, they're showing one called a Christmas Prayer. They do tend their shows tend to be even more wholesome.
Speaker 5: Than the Hallmark Channels movies.
Speaker 7: But yes, if you're in the Christmas mood already, they're going to be airing weekly Christmas movies now until until you'll tide. So yeah, maybe take down the pumpkin and put up the wreath. I don't know, it's not quite time yet.
Speaker 1: But on Hallmark Channel, it is Hallmark Channel.
Speaker 3: They're all, if I remember correctly, a misunderstanding and then they kiss at the end. Right, It's just that formula works for Hallmark because every show is the same.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 7: It is true comfort TV for those who are really looking for true comfort TV. It's very formula. There's no surprises, there's not a happy ending. It's not on Hallmark all right.
Speaker 3: And finally retal Reality TV News this week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think this one's going to make some noise on Sunday Night, which CBS is not. I can't remember the last time they put a reality show on Sunday Night on c Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is a big deal.
Speaker 7: With Keith Urban leaving this show called the Road, he is bringing twelve musicians on the road with him and they are his opening acts. So in each of these venues he goes to in all these different towns.
Speaker 5: He brings these.
Speaker 7: People up and the audience gets to vote on who they think is the best of the opening acts, and then you know, they get eliminated one by one. But it's also giving them a sense of what it really is to be life on the road when you're there with a headliner like Keith Urban. He's also working with Blake Shelton and Taylor Sheridan, who's got that empire that started with Yellowstone. He's one of the producers here too, so they put some real muscle behind this thing. So this music competition show is about people going on the road and then trying in honky tonks and big arenas. They're trying to win over the audience.
Speaker 5: So he really is.
Speaker 7: I think that's something kind of a twist in the music Competition show, and that begins on Sunday on CBS.
Speaker 3: I'm all set for the weekend. TV Matt Roush, appreciate it. How do our listeners connect with you well?
Speaker 7: Tvnsunder dot com every day and TV Guide magazine in print.
Speaker 1: All right, man, thanks so much, have a great week and we'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: It's eight nineteen seven. Hundred WLW Chuck Ingerman here shu. Yes, indeed, Sagitetarius. Oh, yes, yes, we're back. Favorite candy, the Halloween candy that matches your zodiac sign according to an astrologer and better homes and guards.
Speaker 1: I read that all the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, you do.
Speaker 1: Sagetarius is nerds. Nerds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say little cardboard boxes of nerds are easily portable and won't melt, not to mention, they're fun to eat. So if you're a Sagittarius, your favorite isn't it? Well, I don't know it's your favorite. It's just that's the one that matches you. Oh, I see, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what.
Speaker 2: Speaking of candy, Yeah, this is a very special day for a friend of the Morning Show. Okay, yes, after forty four years, our friend Bob Hadley. You've had some of his recent cups that he delivered before he's retiring from Hershey, oh, after forty four years of serving up candy barks.
Speaker 3: You think you could get him to work at Dunkin Donuts part time on Fridays.
Speaker 2: I don't, but it was a fun conversation a couple of years ago that Mike and I were having talking about recent's cups and we've always had some ever since.
Speaker 5: Oh, he will be missed.
Speaker 3: God love him and thank you and please give him our mailing address personal mailing address, yes, and keep in touch.
Speaker 2: How is traffic now? There's a couple of problems. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule an appointment online at uc health dot com. First Cruise are working with the wreck on southbound seventy five in Butler County. It's near the rest area. I'm not seeing a huge delayed to get by. I am seeing break lights in and out of Lachland for an extra five and Cruise are working with an accident above Miami Town. That's on one twenty eight near Mount Hope. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW allry the nine First Warning Weather Forecast Center.
Speaker 3: Looking like this, It's going to be partly cloudy to mostly cloudy. High today is going to get to seventy Friday night football Tonight TIMPs in the low sixties around seven o'clock, headed to fifty three. Tomorrow, going to be a warm day eighty one October. I'll take that, but we got some clouds building. It's gonna warm up. There's isolated showers and storms after five o'clock tomorrow. Be prepared if you're going to the FC game. That's the last one of the year, all right, or the last home one of the year. Sunday is one of those upside down days. It's going to be sixty five at midnight, but by Sunday afternoon, mid to low fifties, rain showers, falling, temps windy. It's just going to be a kind of a miserable looking day on Sunday. It's still forty eight around the tri State at your severe weather station. News Radio seven hundred w WELW the Who Day Report with the Coach coming up next.
Speaker 1: Monday Money. Monday Money News is like potato chips.
Speaker 5: I can't get enough as long as they're rippled with This is the Bloomberg money minute spawn seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Pressure on bank stocks was weighing on the futures this morning, but they did improve quite a bit from earlier yesterday. In index tracking, regional banks tumbled. The move lower came after a couple of Western banks said they were the victims of fraud on some loans. Dow fell about three hundred points Yesterday. President Donald Trump said his administration had struck an agreement to bring down the price of beef for consumers. Trump did not provide details. US shoppers paid a record of around six dollars thirty two cents a pound on average in August, according to government numbers, and Nintendo was asking suppliers to make as many as twenty five million units of the Switch to gaming machine by the end of March of next year. That sets the company up for record first year sales of a console that's already reached high water marks when it comes to the global video gaming business. Sources in Nintendo could still adjust final numbers as it gets a better picture of demand over the holidays. From Bloomberg, Genus Cervetti on news Radio seven hundre l W all Right.
Speaker 3: Seven under WLW, Steve Hawkins and for Tom Burnhaman this morning heading down to New York Air, ABC News contributor editor in chief of Investi Peda Caleb Silver with this, Hey, good morning, Caleb.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 5: To be with you?
Speaker 8: As always?
Speaker 3: Hey, I was curious, at what point does the government shutdown really take a toll on the economy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all about depth and duration and how many workers actually get lose their jobs completely. We've heard threads from this administration that they're going to actually fire some of those furloughed workers and potentially more, especially those tied to projects in states that.
Speaker 8: Are more democratic.
Speaker 6: So if you get more of that, and if you get pauses and government contracts.
Speaker 9: And private government contractors start to.
Speaker 6: Get furloughed and lose their jobs, this could accelerate very quickly. But already consumers feel pretty dour.
Speaker 8: About the economy because prices have been rising.
Speaker 6: We know there's been mounting layoffs and a real slow down in the jobs market. Ultimately, those things lead to lower spending, and lower spending is what is going to drive the economy lower. And it has been growing despite the fact that we're worried about all these things.
Speaker 8: We have been spending. You could see a real slow down in the next couple months.
Speaker 1: Okay, it got bleaker this week. This was interesting.
Speaker 3: The White House said it would continue to pay active duty military service members during the shutdown.
Speaker 1: The reason I got bleaker.
Speaker 3: Removing that removed a major political pressure point that could have led to a compromise.
Speaker 1: Is that how you see it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, potentially, But the real disagreement is over those Affordable Care Act health insurance premium tax credits that a lot of Americans, millions of Americans have depended on since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 8: If those disappear, and this is why Democrats don't want have been, you could.
Speaker 6: See healthcare insurance costs rise thousands of dollars for households over the next year or two and that could put a lot of pressure on people. That healthcare debate and the price of health insurance kind of the third rail in politics here, and that's where the disagreement is.
Speaker 3: Okay, if this doesn't end soon, it could be the longest in history. A government shutdown was the thirty five day record set in twenty eighteen and nineteen. What is the history of the stock market coming back from a government shutdown?
Speaker 1: Does it usually go up down, stay the same?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think investors have gotten pretty used to dysfunction in our government, So the stock market has generally been flat through most government shutdowns, and then six months after the shutdown it usually rebounds fairly aggressively, at least over the past twenty years or so, so we've had more government shutdowns over the past twenty years, so we have a lot more data. We also know that they usually end up getting resolved. Workers finally get paid back, which is good they should be, and the stock market carries on as usual.
Speaker 8: And for the first few weeks.
Speaker 6: Of the shutdown, the stock market and investors have basically ignored it. But I think now they're starting to see cracks in the economy around the shutdown, besides the shutdown that they're focusing on. When you look at regional banks, according to that Bloomberg report we just had before I came on.
Speaker 8: There's concerns about that.
Speaker 6: There's concerns about bankruptcies, concerns about mounting layoffs across sectors.
Speaker 1: Is that why the stocks slumped yesterday?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think there's a concern about the quality of loans that.
Speaker 8: A lot of regional banks around the country. It made.
Speaker 6: There have been reports of fraud, even though the banks deny it. But you start to see some smoke like that, there's.
Speaker 8: Got to be some fire.
Speaker 6: You heard Jamie Dimond, the CEO of JP Morgan Chase earlier this week on their earnings call. When you see one Coproax's probably more so he's concerned about what we don't see right now in the economy because things have looked pretty good and the stock market basically has ignored every concern about what's happening with tariffs, about mounting layoffs, about a slower economy, and been driven higher.
Speaker 9: But now you're starting to see some rumbling there and some volatility all right.
Speaker 3: In general, Clients asked me, can can the Fed lower interest rates in the stock market go down?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's happened plenty of times before. Usually when the Fed's lowering interest rates, it's not because things are going great. It's because the economy needs a jumpstart because either you know, for price stability, because prices have.
Speaker 8: Been rising through inflation where there's a slowdown in the labor market, so they want to make money cheaper.
Speaker 6: That's also a sign that the economy's not in great shape right now, and lower rates, cheaper money is what's actually needed in the long run. It's usually kind of like, you know, a sugar high that you get for a little while.
Speaker 8: So you've seen the stock market rise because.
Speaker 9: Of the prospect for lower rates, especially among smaller stocks.
Speaker 6: The Rust two thousand. But I think that the fact that that that has to get even more aggressive, it means that we're in worse shape than we thought.
Speaker 3: All Right, earlier this year we talked February March, market's all bumpy, and you said to our listeners, you know, be patient long term, and it's paid off. What do you tell people in the stock market now, for the end of the year or for the next six months, how to deal with things?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you know, I would expect some volatility.
Speaker 5: We haven't had it.
Speaker 6: We've had a nice, you know, grind upwards since April, since April nine, since a lot of those terrorists will relaxed.
Speaker 8: I think there's uncertainty around that.
Speaker 6: But if you've been vetting against the stock market, it's been the wrong bet this year. Gold's actually done the smarter bet because of the instability economic instability.
Speaker 8: But it's not a time to bail out.
Speaker 6: It's a time to actually look at what you own, make sure you're comfortable with it going into the end of the year. And if you feel like taking profits because you've done well and want to put some money in savings, absolutely do it. But you know, I wouldn't bet and interrupt the compounding because of the economic uncertain It's been a bad move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so long term investing, plenty of cash for emergency.
Speaker 1: Those are still the things that we preach.
Speaker 8: Right, those are always true, all right.
Speaker 3: Caleb Silver, ABC News contributor, Editor in chief Investipedia.
Speaker 1: How do we connect with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm at investipeda or at Caleb Silver across all the socials and investipdia dot com. We are a free source of financial education and information for twenty six years.
Speaker 8: Come on in, all.
Speaker 1: Right to Caleb. Always enjoy talking to you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's coming up on eight forty seven on seven hundred wl W Bear Dave coming up in just a little bit, Chuck. We've been talking this morning about the candies. Yes, that matches your zodiac sign, according to an astrologer to be named later or are not named at all. Yes, if you're Scorpio, it's gummy worms.
Speaker 1: No it's not, it is.
Speaker 3: It says the candy is shaped like a creature that crawls around in the dirt and is lurking underneath things, just like a Scorpio.
Speaker 1: No I'm not. I am not making it up this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a scorpio that you don't like or something, though I don't.
Speaker 3: This is better homes and garden, and you know they can't lie. Oh, Capricorn is the one hundred thousand dollar bar or one hundred grand however you want to call it. They say, why is Capricorn a one hundred thousand dollar bars? The right parent tried in true flavors of chocolate, caramel, plus.
Speaker 1: The whole money thing.
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 3: There you a pisces. Danny is asking about a pisces.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: We gotta find the pisces. Please, What do you think.
Speaker 2: We can't We can't move on throughout our day without all right, one more pisces is fundip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, fundip. They are water signed, so anything about dipping and dunking will literally make their mouth water.
Speaker 1: I haven't had fundip in a long time.
Speaker 3: All right, By next Friday, I want to hear about your fundip that you bought over there.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where you would get them at that. I'm not even sure I've ever heard of fun dip, But yeah you have. I'm gonna find you have there the pouches with the little candy stick up.
Speaker 1: Okay, you dip? Oh never mind. All right, I'm gonna get one at Kroger this weekend.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Good luck by Fundip. How is rush hour winding up here? It's in pretty good shape.
Speaker 2: This from the UC Health Traffic Center, at least on the highways anyway. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online at u see health dot com. The last of the heavy traffic of South Bend seventy five coming out of Lachlan.
Speaker 5: A couple of extra minutes.
Speaker 2: There will be plenty cruise aren't working with a couple of accidents, one above Miami Town that's on one twenty eight above Mount Hope. The other in Warren County with injuries. That's on one twenty three below one thirty two. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw HI.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Kshmark says, if you're headed out to that new Miami Lachland game, Bishop Brossard at Ludlow Mcnick Finwick, a lot of great games tonight for Friday night football tempts in the low sixties at kickoff around seven or seven thirty around the tri State. That's after our highest seventy day, seventy today with mostly cloudy sky's looking good. It's forty eight now Friday means beer, Dave, he'll join me next.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Steve Hawkins.
Speaker 8: How's everything going.
Speaker 3: It's Friday and I'm talking to you. All is right in the world. There we go, and even better, leading off with this, Burger Beer is back over at Xavier.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so sinbab is brought back Burger beer. It went away a little before COVID and this was a great opportunity for them to bring it back. And this is part of the All for One, which is the NIL program for the Muskies at Xavier University. So this will be a great way to earn some earn some quality beer and also help one of the local schools. So if you're a Muskie fan, this is the beer you have to have in your bridge this week.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Also, the Great American Beer Festival medals have been award. It looks like Third Eye wins big once again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it's just amazing how many medals these guys are winning. And this year they became the twenty twenty five Brewery of the Year for their thighs category. So anything two thousand and one to five thousand.
Speaker 5: Barrels a year. They are the brewer of the Year and that's not a flouch award.
Speaker 8: That is high accolades.
Speaker 1: You may have to try their gord. Darn it.
Speaker 3: Their pumpkin Bear got the gold medal. I'm gonna put that on my list here. Esoteric wins the Golden Gnome Award for Octoberfest.
Speaker 10: Right, yeah, so the Gnarly Gnum one of the local beer bloggers. One of his favorite styles is Octoberfest and he always chooses the best october Fest in the city, and this year it went to Brian Jackson and his team over at Esoteric, which is a great honor and really cool to see these guys keep winning some medals too, because they're making some awesome stuff over Esoteric.
Speaker 3: Good good, Good Tomorrow, wondering monsters celebrating I guess hot Halloween fests.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a scary good time.
Speaker 10: Yeah no, I think this will be fun over there. And they've got the duck pin bowling and really nice beers, a good food menu, and and they'll have, like you said, some scary specials to go along with it. So a way to get the kids out, I mean, why make them more of that costs just once. Why don't you put them in their costume, make sure it fits, and take them over there for lunch tomorrow. I mean, we're better to go than Wandering Monsters for Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're also doing this Jeopardy watch party for the Anderson Township contestant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Amanda Folky, She's gonna be on Jeopardy Monday night, and so from six thirty to eight thirty, they're going to host a watch party at Wandering Monsters.
Speaker 5: So let's hope.
Speaker 8: Let's hope Amanda gets.
Speaker 5: More than one win.
Speaker 10: We never know other than the time that her show airs, how many times she's gonna win. So let's uh, let's pull for Amanda. Let's get a local somebody winning at Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and Tuesday, Mellowtone Beer Project they're hosting a pumpkin carving contest. And tell me about this green and fine fresh hop ale that they've introduced.
Speaker 1: What are you thinking about it?
Speaker 10: So the fresh hop this is really a great because it's the hops that aren't kiln dried. They're cut from the field and brought right to the brewery, so you really get a unique hoppiness to the beer. I always liking it to. Like when they put fresh cracked pepper on your salad, it hit the meal. You know, you get that burst of black pepper smell. Well, the fresh hops, you really get that wonderful hop smell with your beer when you don't have kiln dride or process.
Speaker 1: Hops being used there, you go all weekend long.
Speaker 3: Braxton hosting their Pumpkin Fest with some events at all the locations, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So if you're not going to travel elsewhere, there's plenty of them in Aither, Kentucky to go stop in at any of the Braxton's. And then they also have the one at Factory fifty two.
Speaker 3: Hey, do I understand that a developer has purchased the old Mecklenburg Gardens and maybe turn it into something with some authentic German drinking again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this will be awesome to have a place where you've got authentic German and craft beers being served along with some great German menus again. So let's hope that something finally happens, because that really left a void when Mecklenburg closed a number of years ago, so it good to see them come back.
Speaker 5: That's such a cool place as well.
Speaker 3: All right, real quick here Finally, Saturday, High Grain in Silverton host in a book signing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, HC.
Speaker 5: Bieler.
Speaker 10: He wrote a book called Sacred and makes perfect sense that right around Halloween to do this. And they even put out a commemorative Pilsner can to go along with the book signing. And they have released some new beers, including a Fresh Hop Sayson, New American IPA, and a Sunflower honeyweek Boy.
Speaker 3: All three of those sound great, beer Dave. That's all the time I got. Where are you drinking beer this weekend?
Speaker 10: I think I'm going to head over to a little Miami on Sunday and celebrate some birthdays.
Speaker 3: There you go, beer Dave. Thanks for your reporting always. I'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 8: Okay, sounds great.
Speaker 1: Step already it's coming up at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Slaney's in After the News on the home of the best Bengals coverage, News Radio seven hundred WLW.