Speaker 1: Even as layoffs amount. Economists call it a jobless boom. I never heard that before. Right. The stock market is doing great right now. I mean it's not killing it, but it's doing just fine. Yeah, corporate profits are as good as they've been in a bid. And yes, Steady, we're having layoffs. But we're having layoffs. And I'm real curious as to what that's all about. And that's the reason we have our guest with us right now. He is Dwayne decent, he is a business as strategist, he is a he's an author. He heads up the EMBc. Should I can't even say it efficiency group, I should say, because it ain't the efficiency group. But Dwayne, welcome to the program.
Speaker 2: I will glad to be here. Thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 1: So, Dwayne, what do we owe this to? Is it AI? Are these people coming in and or when I say these people or these processes coming in and taking over people's jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it actually started as AI. I think initially, I think back to twenty twenty two when Elon Muss first purchased Twitter and he cut costs there by sixty seventy percent, and people were sure Twitter was going to collapse and have all sorts of outages and really didn't happen, and everyone was shocked that they started realizing that they might have a bloated infrastructure. And I think in many cases that was kind of true. And so hiring really slowed at that point for the next couple of years and before AI really started to kick in. And so now you have a second phenomenon that's coming along, and AI is starting to impact some industries and segments in particular, and it's going to only grow from here. So I think we have probably the beginning of an issue rather than an.
Speaker 3: End of one.
Speaker 4: You just said, there, Duane, it's only going to grow from here, and that was going to be my question is this is this kind of here to stay then?
Speaker 2: And where do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Did job seekers do?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: What's where do you go?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's kind of two schools of thought here. One school of thought is that AI will come along, take away a lot of jobs, will have high unemployment and a difficult recovery on that. And there's another school of thought that says, really AI is going to free up a lot of resources and it's going to launch a new set of creativity where you'll see a lot of new companies start and what used to take a lot of capital and a lot of people to start a business now be able to do be handled by relatively few people, and so you might have more businesses that are able to launch and a boom of creativity and new companies. So it's difficult to tell exactly where we'll land, but I can give this advice to two people out there that are worried about their jobs, is that just stay very current on technology. Don't try to fight that and avoid technology. And I think sometimes it can be intimidating, and I think if you avoid it, it's probably you're going to be a victim of it. So make sure you embrace it, make sure you stand out against employees, make sure you're adding value to the companies that you're working with, and the chances are that you'll do fine. I do think that there is certain industries that are gonna get hit harder, like software development right now. I have associates and colleagues in there that say it's like a hunger game where they're fighting for their jobs because they know AI is going to take ten twenty percent of those jobs right and they don't know who that's going to be, and they don't want to be one of those, one of those numbers. So it's going to be tough for certain business segments for a while. But stay current on your skills, embrace the changes, and don't try.
Speaker 3: To fight it.
Speaker 1: Duwayne decent is our guest. And to follow that up, Dwayne, it would it be how to coexist with this as opposed to well, I mean fighting it is worthless, there's no point in that, but learn how to best coexist with it and what you can do to complement it. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It doesn't exactly. AI is designed to make your job easier, and so use those tools so that on more basic type of things, so that you're not spending your time on trivial tasks and you can use your time on creativity and launching value. So make I'M more your friend and make it work for you rather than make it work against you.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, it's kind of I know this has been debated for a long time as we've as technology continues to grow and develop and get more advanced, and this is clearly maybe this is a you know, threshold here gone over the cliffs sort of thing that does this Does this help the trades?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Do people look at this and say, well, I'm I can't get a job in that industry. I really wanted to, but there's always going to be a need for people to fix my toilet and my roof and my roads and get the goods that I order from China to my front door. And does this, in the long term, you know, help help kind of that those industries.
Speaker 2: I think it does. If I was advising someone entering to college, I would tell them to caution them about trying to do some of these fields that are already being impacted. And the worst thing is that you could spend three or four years trying to get educated and into an area that eventually is going to be I won't say obsolete, but certainly diminished from where it is currently. I think it's a great opportunity to look at some of those trade skills that obviously AI can't impact. And we are very short quality contractors and trades people. So i'm I would applaud that. And when you talk about one of the booms that AI is going to create, it's gonna it's going to create a big energy demand. And if you have trade skills that are that can help with that and build on that demand.
Speaker 3: You will be in value.
Speaker 2: You will be a valuable resource.
Speaker 1: And well, we're talking to Dwayne Dees and Dwayne, let me ask you. Isn't the whole object though, of AI to ultimately replace human beings? I mean to figure out what it is we do and copy that and then learn how to do it better and grow one itself. That's the whole purpose of it. Is that not true?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that might one day be true. I think that's kind of a little bit still the science fiction of it. It might be sure, But thirty forty years from now, might it be doing that? I would say yes. But I think what it's doing initially and probably for the foreseeable future, it's going to take away more of the remedial type of tasks. Like for programmers, the high end programming and some of the more complex strategy and structures aren't yet being done by AI, and probably will remain to be done by humans. But if you're talking about the basics of programming, it's going to be done by AI. Probably it's already being done by AI and will only increase that way in the future. So I think it. I don't think it's going to start with A and anytime soon is going to start taking away high end jobs where people get that are thinking and creating and adding value innovating. Those type of jobs are going to be held by human beings for a long time, and that's why it's important to try to make yourself one of those individuals.
Speaker 4: Duane, I know you alluded to it earlier, but the industry of working in AI, if that makes sense, like, is there is there an opportunity there? Uh, you know to basically you know, I don't I don't know what the world is that you know you mentioned software. Is there even going to be even a job boom or creation in that world? And I know that's meant not to have people doing it, but people have to be in there innovating.
Speaker 1: It, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of effort to build the infrastructure of AI, to train AI and in fact, you saw some crazy numbers being put out by companies like Facebook offering kind of the head of when they stole someone from to be the head of their AI unit, was paid like one hundred million dollars essentially to come over. So you hear some just crazy numbers if you have this really specialized experience. But there's there's experience levels all over that you can that they need for AI to build the infrastructure to train. And then there's all the tangent industries like I mentioned before about power that is going to that AI needs in order to be successful.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Dwayne, we really appreciate you talking to us. People want to find out more about you, your group and what it is you do. Where can they go.
Speaker 2: It's the efficacy group that e f f F i's e f f I, c A c Y group dot com and I also put out a book called Operationally Sell where I talk about how AI is coming to play and how companies that can save money using AI.
Speaker 1: Dwayne, thanks so much, thank you, Thank you. You know they're they're coming for us, bro. You know that as well as I do. But looks like it might be a little ways off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still think there's more bad about AI than there is good.
Speaker 1: And then it did.
Speaker 4: Wellet another example of what I believe. It's it's ultimately going to be a net negative of jobs. So here's the thing we were.
Speaker 1: Shoot. I want to say, it's certainly been in the last ten years, and I think that's I'm stretching it big time. The last five seven years. This has gone from a novelty to when we were joking about, ah, this is all gonna take over what we do, ha, right to two or three years later is like going, oh, hell, this does getting pretty good. So now it's like so good. People are looking over their shoulders and it is then that technology is taking jobs. Now it's kind of back to.
Speaker 4: The future too, you know, and you're like all that stuff on there, You're like, Eh, that's cool to think about.
Speaker 1: That will never happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And a lot of those things didn't happen from back to the future too, But this is and.
Speaker 1: That was sett in like twenty seventeen, right exactly. Let's check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.
Speaker 7: And from the UC Health Traffic Center you'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care. If you see cancer Center get the second opinion FASCAL five point three five eight five U see see see good news that exit rampass open seventy one North bomb Ram to westbound Ronald Rick and Cross County Highway breakdown has been towed out of the way. Now, we do have a breakdown on seventy five southbound between twelfth and Kyle's Lane, and that has so it bouns back to right around Fort Washington Way. Seventy four east bound at Montana. It's a moving work crew there in the left lane causing slow downs and cold rain.
Speaker 1: At Hopple.
Speaker 7: Just north of Hopple, an accident reported seventy five northbound Mitchell to Padock Saugus in Southbown. Seventy five from the from right around Western Avetu down to the Brent Spence but a five minute trip. I'm Rick SHRANPTH news Radio seven hundred W d well W the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center for tonight Partley cloudy thirty four to Ford to Miles Sunshine and fifty eight. It is fifty seven now news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by the Dwyer Company, the only name to know for foundation repair.
Speaker 9: When it comes to waterproofing, foundation repair and concrete lifting, Dwyer is the only name you need to know to get the job done right. Call the professionals at the Dwyer Company at five one, three, seven, seven, seven oh nine to nine to eight or visit the Dwyer coompany dot com. Dwyer the only name you need to know.
Speaker 1: Hey. More and more of these days people in pay or looking beyond traditional medicine and finding lasting relief without steroids, medications, or surgery right here in Cincinnati at QC Kinetics, your blood contains tiny but mighty healing tools. At QC Kinetics, the medical team gets to the root of where your pain stems from, right down to the cells involved. By putting these natural elements to work, your body can revitalize your joints literally, using your own power to heal. It is a simple injection, no hospital stay. It's all fast, all natural, and there's no downtime. If your back, knees, or shoulders are keeping you from enjoying life, explore all your options before you agree to more pills or surgery. Call QC Kinetics today to take charge of your health and look beyond the same old, same old solutions. Your first consultation is free, so there's no reason to wait. Call QC Kinetics now five one three eight four seven oh one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen out AI Filtrating business and stealing jobs and whatnot. Are you seeing that at all infiltrating the well I want to call it, I'm going to call it the newsroom or the newspaper newsroom. Are you seeing that more and more? Because I know it's out there. No.
Speaker 4: No, The only thing, like you know on sin sinny dot com, like in our stories, like they'll do these little these little summaries at the top of our story, like kind of highlight. They call them highlights, and then those are AI generated and it says on there, let's let's there's a thing on every story. Or they do it with my column too on sinny dot com. Not they AI, but you just it pulls it from this what you like. So it's not like it just does a summary of it so you don't have to write it. But it pulls it from whatever you've written. It's not like you know it's written anything for you and then you know it's something you've written and now it's just using your words to summarize and put some bullet points out there, you know, for readers to see, Oh, okay, this is the highlights.
Speaker 1: Of this well. The our next guest is a fella I've known for a long time, and I believe you have as well. He wrote in uh op ed for the Inquire for Cincinnati dot Com the other day about your Cincinnati Bengals and the headline even losing the even losing, even the losing Bengals are better than losing the Bengals. This is our our buddy, Randy, Randy Furman's brother Andy. Andy. He's I think he was a little more famous before Randy. But yeah, I read this yesterday. I since say dot com.
Speaker 4: He's a member, he's on the board of contributors to the Inquir now and uh, he still brings the heat.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: It invokes some emotions for me, and I'll look forward to our discussion. Yeah, and and that's what a column should do. And it makes a lot in a sense what he's talking about here. And we will talk about the You know, this always comes up though, when people bitch about the Reds or the Bengals or pig at sports team, Well they suck. We'd be better off without him, the blah blah blah blah. Well you know, think if wishers were fishes, be careful what you wish for.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll we'll talk to our good friend Andy Furman. After the news Right now News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Maybe the victims after a deadly plane crash with the three point thirty report.
Speaker 12: I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now.
Speaker 11: The Jefferson County Corner has identified all fourteen victims of the UPS cargo plane crash at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport last week.
Speaker 13: They were identified by DNA, some back DNA and dental records, some DNA and medical records, but all of them were positively identified by.
Speaker 11: The DNA Corner Joe and Farmer as the name of the victim. Names of the victims were read Durena press conference today, among them the three crew members aboard the plane, a man and his granddaughter, and employees of businesses that were destroyed in the crash and explosion. The victims ranging in age from three to sixty five. One of the UPS crew members, fifty seven year old Captain Richard Wortenberg, was from Erlanger. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. You'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care at the UC Cancer Center get a second opinion fast called five point three five eight five U SEECEC exit ramp has reopened on seventy one North Bomb. The off amp to Ronald Ring and Cross County Highway breakdown has been cleared. We do have to break down seventy five South Bomb between twelfth the Street and Kyle's Lane, causing about fifty minute delay moving work crew seventy four eastbound after Montana. They've got the left lane taken up. Cole Rain North Hoppel an accident to report. Seventy five is sowing southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral and again between Western Avenue and the Brent Spence Bridge. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock about a ten minute trip, and seventy one is heavy northbound between Ridge and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and southbound MLK to the Brent Spence my Rix reproduce Radio seven hundred World w New's.
Speaker 10: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred Wlwe.
Speaker 11: Partly claude Sky's lows tip into the mid thirties sunny Thursday, high of fifty six Friday partly sunny with a slight chance of early showers to high in year sixty and then mostly claude Saturday be high getting near seventy sunny and fifty seven degrees. Currently news a service of Ulta fiber. The House expected to vote tonight on a spending measure that at pass as been in the longest government shutdown in US history, with the president's signature. Meanwhile, Democrats in the House Oversight Committee investigating Jeffrey Epstein releasing a series of email excerpts representing President Trump. In an email from April twenty eleven, lawmaker say Epstein wrote to his now and convicted accomplished Glade Maxwell, three years after pleading guilty to sex crimes involving a minor, telling her quote, I want you to realize that the dog that hasn't barked is Trump Epstein. I'm adding that an alleged victim whose name was withheld by House Democrats quote, spent hours at my house with him.
Speaker 14: Michael Wolfe, the author who was corresponding with Epstein in some of these emails, says that Epstein was adamant the two had a falling out over a real estate deal.
Speaker 12: President Trump has been clear.
Speaker 14: A denies any knowledge of Epstein's wrongdoing, and he also says the two had of falling out when he kicked Epstein out of mar A Lago for, as the President put it, stealing some of his staff, including young women.
Speaker 12: ABC News is j O'Brien.
Speaker 11: Democratic Congresswoman elect at Aletta Halla of Arizona will finally be sworn in today. She's expected to provide the final signature that would allow all Epstein files from the Department of Justice to be released. Any report from the National National Association of Realtors shows that the typical age of first time home buyers has written a forty years old. The number of first time home buyers also dropping to a record low of twenty one percent this year. Also, a cold Well Bank report says eighty four percent of gen z says they're putting off major life milestones like getting married and having children, just to afford to purchase a home.
Speaker 15: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Here's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals on the practice field today getting ready for Sunday's AFC North Battle at Pittsburgh College Football. Tonight, Toledo takes on the Miami RedHawks at Oxford's Jaeger Stadium at seven College Basketball Tonight NKU at East Tennessee State six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Red's update gets the latest on the Reds tonight in the Hot Stove League at six Here on seven hundred WLW their special guest Wi B Andrew Abbott EHL Hockey. Today, Toledo got by the Cyclones three to two. Bill Edison seven hundred w WELW Sports Half Hour Trading on Wall Street.
Speaker 11: Currently the Dallas up four hundred one points, Nastick down fifty two, the s and p F ten. All right, next update this at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher. News Radio seven hundred W wal TOM seven hundred.
Speaker 17: WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio ad listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 18: WE took a vow to commit to real rarity and create the unforgettable, something familiar, something rare something new because your love is sincerely rare. James Free the home of fine jewelry. We welcome all to experience the finest natural diamonds and rarest creations at James Free Jewelers nine five five Main Street in Montgomery, or at James Free dot com.
Speaker 19: Right now at Queen City Board take up to eight thousand dollars off MSRP on new twenty twenty five.
Speaker 20: Ford Super Duty Trucks Go Ford Tough to get the job done shop today at Ford Queen City Dot.
Speaker 21: All.
Speaker 1: Right, beg on the Eddie and Rocky show, Rock out today actually doing the He's doing the Miami game tonight. Right, He's in Oxford. It's Toledo Rockets Toledo and in Miami, and rock is on the scene, and I know it loves that that'll be one of the few on the scene. That's about that's about twenty minutes from his house. Yeah, yes, maction baby, so I call it. We have our guests now and been one to talk to this guy for ever. He's an old friend and I love his opinions on pretty much everything. And when Jason, you can discuss your opinion about his opinion. But right now I want to say hi to Argamed, Buddy, Andy Furman, fur Ball, what's going.
Speaker 3: How you guys doing doing great?
Speaker 1: Buddy, glad to see you back in the inquiry.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I got some heat from Burrow Love. I mean I saw Burrole recently executive editation where you've been, so he kind of put a little pressure on it. But you know what you could. You can't write all the time. You got to think of a subject manager that really would stir the pot, you know what I mean, Well, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you did when you were a host here and talking about stirring the pod.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, it's a lot easy to talk that to put words on a computer screen, That's true, that's difficult. I give a lot of credit for those guys that do it. If you could do it two three times a week, you know, more, more power to you. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Well, the op Edge wrote the other day for Cincinnati dot Com even the losing Bengals are better than losing the Bengals, and uh, I think that speaks for itself. But I pretty much agree with everything you say there any because sports fans are if nothing else, reactionary. You know, at the beginning of the year, it was you know, Joe Burrow was Joe Montana, Joe Namath and uh Y a tittle all rolled into one, and Zach Taylor was Paul Brown meets Mike, you know, meets with the with the Zimmer Brothers and Mike Tomlin. And now he is a bomb and they want him run out of town. And Joe Burrow is injury prone now and they don't care if the Bengals are here or not. That's pretty much the way it isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well it's funny because in my mind sports is nothing more than a release. And also at the hey, so these rabid people, these fans, these fanatics need to have a release, and obviously the Cincineti Bengals provide that release for them. So without the Bengals, what would they do? But more than that, I got this kind of this idea to write this on Sunday because I'm saying, what am I gonna do? There's no Bengal games, and I said, wow, what would it be like to live in a community where there's no pro football? And I have done that in the past, but you know, I don't think the national football there was as big then as it is now. It is the number one sport in America, follow up by probably college football.
Speaker 4: No, I totally I loved your piece, Andy, and like I said, glad you're backed righting on sinsini dot com. And I completely agree with everything you said. Interestingly, when I read it, it invoked this thought for me, and it's not like you were saying this or just the thought that I had, and it's you know, from covering the stadium issue for all these years and seeing how one sided that's been, I've always gotten the the message, or you know, at least my message that I've seen from the Bengals, and that approach has been just be happy you have the NFL. We brought that to you and you OUs and that's been again my general takeaway from that. And so I think part of when I was reading your piece was I'm thinking, like, yeah, like that's the attitude of the Bengals, like, you know, just be happy you have the NFL. Here everyone will give you a little pat on the head and run along.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: You weren't saying that, but that was that was one of the thoughts that I had in reading your piece.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I sort of disagree with that because I think that there's nothing more Mike Brown would like to have before toolstedn't done for him is to have a Super Bowl ring. I really believe that I'd love to see him have it. You know, here's a guy, I'll say, the kind of guy Mike Brown is. He went to Dartmouth that he played football there. Yeah, and he was not in the Dartmouth Football Hall of Fame. So years ago I wrote a letter to Dartmouth saying that he should be putting the football Hall of Fame. He immediately got in touch with me and said, no, no, no, no, I don't want any of that. He didn't want that. You know, he's a background kind of guy. He really is. And people think the fact that he doesn't come public and speak to the media or talk to him is because he's hiding. He's not. He's that kind of a guy.
Speaker 1: He really is, right, or do you want to on the other side of the coin, do you want a Jerry Jones? Is that what you're looking for?
Speaker 3: World? Right?
Speaker 1: That's know what I'm saying. Be careful what you wish for. Fan.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on thousand percent. Look, I think the Bengals want to win. I think they've had a streak of bad luck, big time bad luck. And I'll tell you what, here's one area which I think no one has really touched on because they're pointing fingers that Joe Burrow and his injury. Look, he wasn't injured last year and they still lost, okay, and he was the best quarterback and eons with the stats that he had. Okay, so they didn't win the thing last year and he played and he was healthy. Here's the problem I see. And maybe I'm wrong because the next snap I take in the National Football League told be my first I never played for football. But the point is that I think it all comes from this top, from the top, and the top is a Mike Brown. The top is coach. And they've never had a physical coach, a mental coach, a coach that could be respected. Besides Forrest Gregg, every coach that they've had has been learning on the job. In the NFL with the Fangals, Zach Taylor was not even a coordinator. He was a quarterbacks coach, you know, and you go coach, coach, coach down the line, you know, the only one maybe Marvin Lewis, who was a defensive coordinator on the Super Bowl team with Baltimore. Other than that, I think players need to look at a guy and respect them, say he's been there, done that, and they never had a coach who's been there and done that.
Speaker 4: Another thing I really I liked in your column, Andy, was you referenced Saint Louis, and that's a town that's been jilted.
Speaker 1: Twice Mike A Goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's a similar I've always I used to work in Missouri, and I've always felt like I was in a little bit of a bigger, little more cosmopolitan Cincinnati when i'd go to Saint Louis. So, you know, Catholic Midwestern town that they definitely love baseball there.
Speaker 1: We say we love baseball here.
Speaker 4: I thought that was an interesting take because you know, this is what the smallest outside of Green Bay, this is the smallest market in the NFL. So I thought your reference to that was was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's funny how certain cities can support certain teams. You know, I don't think Cincinnati could support an NBA team, especially now. I think we're saturated with pro teams and I don't think there's that many sponsors out there to come forth with the checkbook the sponsors amount. Obviously, there's no real good place to play. There's no arena really, so I don't think they could support that or the NHL. Obviously, Saint Louis cannot support pro football for whatever reason. I don't know why, but they can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they have the NHL there, which is yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: They do at Pittsforsh's another city that I don't think is support the NBA. You know, they had the Pittsburgh condoors way back when in the ABA. But I don't think they could support basketball. And certain people could support certain cities could support certain teams. That's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, let's face it that now the NFL has become the predominant franchise for any city to have. If you're going to have one sport, you want to have the NFL. And Jason kind of made a passing reference to it there, and we're talking to Andy Furman with everybody's always been talking up until recently, well, society's first and foremost a baseball town. Well, I would argue that that is not so true anymore. Yeah, I think that I could agree.
Speaker 3: I think Cincinnati's a town that's the front run of town that whatever team wins, that's the town it is. I mean, this thing became a Reds town. They really did, because the RESU made the playoffs. At the beginning of the football season, I see July August, it was football crazy, not an a football town anymore.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting you know.
Speaker 4: And I wrote a call on that when you know, the Reds were practically giving away tickets there that last week of the season, that that almost called them Steelers the Pirates series. And you had Paul Skins and the Hunter Green facing off with each other and they are given eight are they you know, eight dollars tickets and basically giving away cheap concessions and they still couldn't come anywhere near a capacity crowd, I mean thirty thousand they were celebrating that. I think that you make a great point there on that this is a front runner town. I want to ask you this, Andy, from the moment you came to town here, was it always like that? And you what you started doing sports talk late in mid nineties.
Speaker 3: Late late eighties, late eighties, eighty eighty, but you know, I would tell you what the difference is then and now. We had personalities as coaches and people loved it and they were always in the news. Yeah, Bob Huggins, Pete Gillen, you know there was a rivalry there, not even on the off the court. Yeah, generated generated buzz right, Yeah, Pete Rose, May he rest in peace. He was using manager lou Panella picking up a base and tossing it into the right field. You don't have personalities anymore as coaches. I'm trying to think of the last personality as a coach in this town. And Sam Wise, he's another one personality. Sunday morning, he walked the streets and feed the homeless, these guys who are just personalities. He wanted to know them, know everything about them, and you know they were close to you. They really were. Right now, it's like a button up coach. You know, he coaches the game and he goes away. And that's the closest thing is maybe Zach Taylor would give away footballs to various pubs if they're a win. And he's not doing that anymore because they don't.
Speaker 1: Wind, right, But I'd love that take though. Andy talking about Bigger than life coaches, your panelas and stuff like that. But Jos sure, and but you brought up Forrest Greg earlier. I mean talk about a guy that I don't care who you were, what you thought. I don't care if you hated the Cincinnati Bengals, if you were the biggest Steelers fan, Browns fan, or what have you. You had to look at that guy and go, that guy knows what he's talking about exactly.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I remember when Data Bible was the quarterback coach of the Cincinnati Bengals and Boomer Size and couldn't stand them because what could Data Bible teach? Boomer siacen. That's the thing you have. The guy a coach is a teacher. And if this guy doesn't have a track record as what he has done, you know, a script so to speak, how could Boomer Size and listen to Data Bible.
Speaker 6: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Zach Taylor came here to learn the job on the job. That's what I'm thinking, learn the job on the job. He's a good guy. I like that. Yes, good family man, good father, good husband. But honestly he's learning, or he has learned, hopefully the job while he's been there. This team was not going on the third consecutive year. Maybe nothing in the playoffs that's heard of. And he's got to be able to not sleep well at night after the Giants fired their coach yesterday at two and eight. I mean, come on, really.
Speaker 1: With that, Andrew, we will let you go, buddy. It is our pleasure man. Thanks so much. Glad you're back, Glad Burro, god on you keep writing.
Speaker 3: You very much.
Speaker 1: See Andy, our guest, Andy Furman. Yeah, what a good guy. And I always loved his takes. Oh me too. When he he pissed up. He pissed off a lot of people. But that's the thing that's great. I mean, that's good. Like you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, makes you makes you laugh, sometimes, makes you cry, pisses you off. Sometimes that's that's good.
Speaker 1: Where that we head to traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, And you'll find more options and clinical trials for pankretic cancer care at the U See Cancer Center. Get a second opinion, fast call five three five five. You see see seventy one southbound after norward lateral accident down the right shoulder. We've got the breakdown of a semi on seventy five southbound between Twelfth Street and Kyle's Lane being cleaned up Montgomery Road after Cypress Way police on the scene of an accident here in seventy five southbound sewing from Lonnalwey and Highway down to Norwood Lateral. About a seven minute trip through the area with delays to Shepherd and then southbound seventy five from the viaduct down to the brent Spence Bridge. It's about a ten minute drive. Right down northbound seventy five Mitchell to pattick Is stopp and go. We've got help sow traffic on seventy five southbound from MLK to the Brent Spence It's about a ten minute trip. I'm Rick Shrepanews Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight, Bartley Cloudy, thirty four Ford to Miles Sunshine and fifty eight. It is fifty seven Now News Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 10: Warm your weary baseball bones next to our mighty hardball fleet during the raids hot stove leave tonight at six only seven hundred Gallaga, the home of the Reds.
Speaker 19: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 13: Good to Miami Valley Gaming December twenty seven for.
Speaker 1: Ms IN for rock Today, Rocky Back Tomorrow. So it was fun talking to to Andy, and you know, I agree with pretty much everything he said as far as because I know you don't. I know what you're saying as well, because that is exactly what owners want to hear when things aren't going well, When things aren't going well and someone defends him and says, hey, well, when Phil Castadelini on these airwaves famously said where are you going to go?
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought up because that was another thought I had that on this whole thing.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't wrong. He wasn't wrong, and that's what I'm that's my point. But that is what the guys pretty much. I mean, he just voiced it. Every one of these owners thinks that maybe, okay, we'll pull our franchise out of the city. Then what are you gonna do.
Speaker 4: When at the end of the day, it's actually incredibly difficult to move a franchise in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Well, once that Browns thing screwed it up, for well, the uh Baltimore Colt's going to Indy and then the Brown's going to Baltimore. That made it real hard for everybody else. I have to say, yes, very very difficult. What do you got to bring that up?
Speaker 4: By the way, art Modell, Yeah, I saw where Bernie kozars in the hospital. It was on Twitter today. Kozar has been kind of screwed up for a little bit. Well that just makes me even more mad at Art Modell. But well, you know, at this bench, I love Bernie Kosar was one of my maybe my favorite athlete growing up. Had the poster on the wall and everything back.
Speaker 1: In the day. He gave hope the slow white cause like myself. Uh but I say that, but look at what happened with the Chargers leaving San Diego. Talk about a fan base, but I think that the city pushed back on them too much. It was like when the Reds left Sarasota for spring training. The city pushed back so much or on the red just said screw these guys are going to give us everything we want. But then they left. They abandoned that fan base in San Diego. But again I think that was a San Diego city screw up. And the whole Oakland going to Vegas thing, well, barely. Everybody wants out of Oakland. So that's not bigcau. It's problem. I've been through it, but never in it. I've been to that stadium there. Yeah, I've heard it was awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, coming up, we're switching gears entirely and we're going to be talking to our legal expert, Jeremy Rosenthal. Remember last year that awful situation down in Texas with the camp Camp Mystic that got flooded out and not a giant loss of life, but one life is too much. But yeah, yeah, but several kids died, some of the counselors and whatnot. Well, now the lawsuits we started, so we will be talking to Jeremy Rosenthal about that after the news right now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 10: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 21: Tonight maybe the last night of the federal government shutdown. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeese breaking now. We're going to find out in a few hours whether the forty day plus federal government closing.
Speaker 1: Is going to be undone.
Speaker 21: The US House expected to vote on a bill that ends it does not extend healthcare subsidies, which was a Democrat demand. No pay for essential federal workers, a cut in food stamp benefits among the hallmarks of this shutdown. In Claremont County fire departments there working to stock the pantry shelves now until seven o'clock, urging p people to drop off food in the Milford, Miami Township, Goshen areas, non perishable goods.
Speaker 22: A lot of the families that I speak with, you know, they're looking to feed children, and so macaroni and cheese, you know, all those items that that children like to eat.
Speaker 1: John Cooper with Miami Township Fire and.
Speaker 22: EMY eat today from the hours of three to seven pm at Milford, Beautia Fire Department, Miami Township Fire Department in Goshen, we are receiving donations of non perishable goods.
Speaker 21: And let's get to the roads now your drive home. The latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 7: The u See Health Traffic Center, you'll find adoptions and clinical trials for pancred to cancer care the you See Cancer Center. Get a second opinion fast go five, one, three, five eight five u See See See seventy one southbound after Norwood lateral accident on the right shoulder, and we have southbound seventy five sewing from Mottle Ringgan Highway to Norwood Lateral through the road work, about a ten minute trip. Southbound seventy five also is selling between the viaduct and the br Spence Bridge seventy five south twelfth to Kyle's Lane in Kentucky. It's a breakdown of his semi being cleaned up Montgomery Road at Saint brus Way an accident. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddick is an extra ten minutes and seventy one southbound MLK to the Brent Spence and northbound between Norwood Lateral and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to stop and go. I'm Rich SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double d well doble do Now the.
Speaker 23: Latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advance Dentistry.
Speaker 12: The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 8: Mostly clear and dried tonight, dropping to thirty four for your Thursday morning. Tomorrow afternoon, lots of sunshine. Heis near fifty seven, and then Friday we start in your thirty seven go to fifty nine for the afternoon with a couple spotty showers, but most of the tri state will stay dry. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first warning meter Religius Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Fifty five degrees. This news brought to you by Alta Fiber. Cincinnati City Council considering another early teen curfew, this one in Coryville, near the University of Cincinnati. Council's Public Safety Committee is okay to a nine o'clock curfew for kids under the age of eighteen to keep them from hanging out on short vine. This is UC's police Chief Elliot Isaac.
Speaker 24: From talking to both CPDN uc PD officers, they have mentioned that they're seeing a larger than normal amount of juveniles mixed into this crowd. So this is why this is a useful tool in help in helping to maybe fin that portion of it out.
Speaker 21: The stricter nine o'clock curfew for kids in Coreyville would be an addition to the one currently in place in Cincinnati's Central Business district and over the Rhine in Louisville. They've released the names of the fourteen people killed when a ups get crashed at the airport last week. Three people were on board the jet. The other eleven killed were on the ground. The victims ranging in age from three to sixty five.
Speaker 25: So as we hear these names today, let's never forget their lives, their laughter, their love, and all that they meant to those around them and to our entire city.
Speaker 21: Mayor of Louisville, Craig Greenberg, caused the ups crash, still under investigation. There's an update in that hit and run which occurred a week ago today in Sterling Township, Brown County. The thirty year old woman who was struck on State Route two eighty six near Upper five mile West Road has died. The police say the suspects vehicle could be either a Chevy or GMC full size pickup and they're still looking for whoever hit her and drove off.
Speaker 15: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Here's a Bengals idy brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals on the practice field today getting ready for Sunday's AFC North Battle at Pittsburgh. College Football to Toledo takes on the Mimi RedHawks at oxford'st Jager Stadium at seven. College basketball Tonight NKU at East Tennessee State six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Red's Update.
Speaker 16: Get the latest on the Reds dight in the Hot Stove League at six here on seven hundred WLW. Their special guest Will b Andrew Abbott e COCHL Hockey. Today, Toledo got by the Cyclones three to two. Bill Dennison, seven hundred w WELW Sports.
Speaker 21: Checking Wall Street out to close. The Dow's up three twenty seven s and P five hundreds up about four points and Nasdaq down sixteen. Next news for thirty Matt Reeves News Radio, seven hundred WYLW.
Speaker 26: This report is sponsored by Fresh Time Market. Fresh Time Market where quality meat savings every day, from delicious meat and seafood to fresh produce and well being essentials. You'll get big flavor without the big price tag fresh Time Market, Healthy living for Less.
Speaker 18: We took a vow to commit to Rejason.
Speaker 1: And this is I think I said earlier this was this happened last year because it was such a horrible thing. It seemed to me it was last year, but it was in uh in early July. I believe it was on the fourth that that awful flood he hit Camp Mystic down in Texas, sad and that kind of came out of nowhere. Obviously everybody was taken by surprise. Uh several uh, several people that were swept away by it and obviously perished, and some of the counselors were as well. And now as when the stuff like this happens, the lawsuits start, yep, and it's and they've started. Let's get to our legal expert to discuss how this could play out. He is our good friend, Jeremy Rosenthal. He's been on both sides. He has won every case in the books. This guy's undefeated, I believe in a court of law. Jeremy, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 20: Uh, promotions for continuance, Yes, undefeated.
Speaker 1: Undefeated, unscored upon, that's right, Uh.
Speaker 20: Right, yes, yes, yes, I'm the you know, and I listened all a mom my web page.
Speaker 5: We'll get your case continued for a week for you to go and pay your lawyer, to.
Speaker 1: Go, go get some money to pay your lawyer. So, but the serious up here, Jeremy, Jeremy Rosenthal, you're You're in the state of Texas. How do you suppose this is likely going to play out? The lawsuits have started, the families of some of the campers or starting lawsuits a couple of the counselor's families as well. What do you see happening here?
Speaker 5: Well, you got to go where the facts are going to take you on this.
Speaker 20: You got twenty seven victims, extremely tragic. Everybody's gonna deal with their grief in a different way, right and some people are going to be really conciliatory. Some people are going to bury their head in the sand never want to deal with it again. You know, it's interesting being in Texas. I know folks in Kirk County, in Kerrville, and I know local people here that that have connections, and everybody's gonna deal with it differently. When when lawsuits are filed, you've got to look at them and see if they're any good. A lot of the allegations here are saying things like, look, this camp down the road managed to do fine, what was your problem?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 20: And all these others. You know, there was a lot more folks near in proximity of the rivers that got it right. They had some cabins there that had previously had to be evacuated. You had some policies that, if you believe them, didn't make a lot of sense, and there could have been some different decisions potentially. So you just have to see if there's merit there, and if there is, then then it gets addressed. And if you're if you're bringing this lawsuit, you're doing it out of anger and and and out of a hope that nothing happens like this again.
Speaker 5: You know that that's kind of what your mind.
Speaker 3: As it is.
Speaker 1: He Jeremy.
Speaker 4: There's three three lawsuits or one of three lawsuits filed this this week Monday, includes five campers, all of them are either eight or nine years old, and two councilors eighteen year old and nineteen year old.
Speaker 24: What what is the like?
Speaker 4: What's that the crux of a lawsuit that those families are? You know, what are they what kind of damages are they seeking? And what is it that what should have happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was it that you're negligent?
Speaker 4: Like, here's here's what Here's what others have businesses or camps or houses along the river do or have done to prepare for this.
Speaker 1: Here's what you didn't do? Is that is that basically it? Or you know, what's the le what's the legal part of this?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 20: Essentially, when you're when you're talking about negligence, you're talking about several different factors.
Speaker 5: You're talking that you owe a duty to make something safe.
Speaker 20: You're talking about what is reasonable and if what you did was really well below the standard of reasonable care, and it's foreseeable, right, There's got to be an element of foreseeability here. And that's the issue in this case, is going to be foreseeability. How foreseeable is it that.
Speaker 5: This would happen?
Speaker 20: In other words, you can't really come back and say this is an act of God. Therefore we're just not liable. Well, you know, when you live in a if you have a farm in Kansas, you know you're gonna get hit by tornadoes, right, and you know to have your home be equipped as best it can.
Speaker 5: And you got a basement, right, So a tornado came and did this to us.
Speaker 20: As is, you know it can happen, and if it happens despite all of your precautions, it's not your fault.
Speaker 5: It's your destiny.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 20: But but if you if you are if you if you take all the necessary precautions, then then things ought to be fine. And when it comes to children like that, you know, you really again, nobody's gonna let you off the hook for owing this duty and and and no amount of tears is going to wipe away that liability if it's there.
Speaker 1: Right, we're talking to Jeremy Rosenthal, And Jeremy, you just brought up I think the key point in all this talking about kids, and not just kids eight nine year olds stuff like that, children who can't defend them for themselves in the least. Really and uh, that would seem to be a real coffin nail for for this case, as far as can't miss it goes your thoughts on that.
Speaker 5: Very you can very well be right.
Speaker 20: Some of the policies essentially said that the parents or excuse me, rather that the counselors didn't have the independent authority to evacuate that they had to get a signal from somebody else or or permission from somebody else and so and in some instances, my understanding is that was ignored and in some instances, right, you know, something is clearly not right with the situation and clearly dangerous about the situation, yet you're sitting there just sort of waiting for it to uh you know, you're you're sitting there as as all of your options are suddenly.
Speaker 5: Very quickly going away.
Speaker 20: Also that one of the one of the lawsuits claims that the guy, the the main camp guy who ultimately died himself an hour two hours ahead of time, was when when all the flood warnings came out, started securing all the property, uh, all the equipment on the on the premises and and not not you know, getting the kids to higher ground. So that's certainly a difficult fact. So you get a lot of stuff like that to to to kind of go through, uh to to sort of figure out. But yeah, you know the fact that their kids, the fact that they can't fend for themselves. Look, it's great ambiance to have a cabin right there at the bend of a river. But but when you've had to evacuate the thing before and you're in a place that they call flood alley, you just gotta gotta be smarter than that, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's it looks for the grace of God, go I it's easy for.
Speaker 20: Me to Monday morning quarterback this thing, Uh and you know, certainly in the face of tragedy, that's.
Speaker 5: Not what we want to do.
Speaker 20: But again, we'll see if we'll see if the suit has legs, and we'll see if any of the things that they're saying have merit.
Speaker 4: Right like flood alley, yes, but never a flood of this nature where it just came so rapidly like right like that?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 4: Is that there's ever been a flood like this before in terms of how fast it came on that that's part of your defense, all right, is the act of is that does that fall in the act of God?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 20: And and that's a great point. So the act of God really has it has dual importance here. First is that if you're defending the case, that's that's how you're defending it, right, you're saying that this is an act of God. The second issue is that if there's insurance money here that you're trying to get through this lawsuit, you know, you I don't know whether or not the insurance company can try to wiggle out by saying this was an act of God, and we're not.
Speaker 5: We're not liable for for acts of God. So so it you know that part of it is.
Speaker 20: That that part of it is is certainly an element of this of this equation, you know, and again, uh, part of it to think about. This is an interesting fact which I don't know how much this is going to really weigh into all this, But the director died also, you know, one of the guys who they're blaming for a lot of the negligence and a lot of the things that were overlooked and done incorrectly. He passed, He died, you know, So it's real hard to blame that guy who who kind of gave his life. Uh maybe you know, maybe maybe some of his fault caused his own you know, his own death. But it's real hard to blame somebody who you know, the guy who went down with the Titanic, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well perfect example with the with that, Jeremy, we will let you go, buddy. It is always our pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: All right, you got it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, take care of buddy. Are a good friend to Jeremy Rosenthal. I like, I like when you guys have him. He's he's really good and he knows what he's talking about for sure. But something that I uh was thinking about there because he brought up that they're somebody was would have said made the call to tell these people to get the hell out of there? Well, what would have had what happened? If I don't and it's all come out in the wash, I reckon. But if somebody did call one of the eighteen nineteen year old girls that were there mining these kids and said, look, you need to get out of there, and the girls either freaked out and said no, We're going to stay put. Now talk about muddy in the water that I'm not saying that. I'm just saying there were so many probabilities and possibilities here that God, this was going to go on for a little bit man, And then you know, like like some people who could provide answers potentially aren't with us anymore. Going Yeah, with that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on, what's going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. And you're going to find more options in clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care at the u SE Cancer Center. Get a second opinion fast call five one three, five eight five u SEEC see two seventy five southbound after killby broad accident takes up the right Lane Cruise are on the scene getting this taken care of that broken down. Semi seventy five southbound between twelfth Streena, Kyle'son and Kentucky. It's about a fifteen minute delay. Now through the area, we're seeing heavier pockets of traffic. Two seventy five it's the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Westbound delays go back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky and southbound we're going back to you West fifty in Indiana. Seventy five southbound bron Oregan Highway to Norwood Lateral or work here haslo downs back to Sheppard about a ten minute delay. It is about a ten minute trip seventy one southbound MLK to the Brent Spence my Rick Shrempande's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for to night Partley Cloudy thirty four Ford to miles Sunshine and fifty eight. It is fifty seven now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: It's a true Tom Brenneman has not only seen the Luckness Monster, but beat it in chess.
Speaker 1: I'm not at liberty to discuss, he said.
Speaker 10: True, there's a primitive Amazonian tribe that worships the Fennipac. Tom Brenneman lost during a South American vagation sounds possible, but not true. He's a true that listening to Tom Brenhaman makes your morning. You bet that's one hundred percent true. Join me in the mornings, get your day started right with the latest news, whether traffic, sports, and lots of laughs and more. Tom Brenhaman Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 1: The first time.
Speaker 6: Continental Roof Company discover the value of family driven service, whether it's a simple repair or a new installation.
Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Jason Williams in for Rocky Today. Rock is doing the RedHawks game today in Oxford. Now this is this is big for the big guy because usually he's on a plane someplace, which I'm sure he's appy. He's not flying anywhere right now. Oh yeah, And it's in Oxford, so that's literally I think twenty minutes from his house maybe something like that. He lives out in Harrison, Yeah yeah, yeah, so he can just sweep right over there, little back roads. I don't know what the roads are from there to Oxford, but well, he'll probably go out there and see if he can see the Oxford lights again. Have you heard him talk about that story, the so called Oxford Lights with the ghost motorcycle, right, Yes, coming home from the war to Yes. And I don't know if he gets his head chopped off and there was an hook in the door. Hell, I forget all the all the gory details, but yeah.
Speaker 4: I should he should be home midnight whatever, get some good rest, back on the Eddie and Rocky Show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Boom, and then head out a get on Friday, four points unknown. So coming up next, we're going to be talking to our good friend, doctor Bruce Herman, and we haven't had him on in a bit because he's been on IR. We try to get him a couple of weeks ago, and I get a text back from his wife saying, Oh, Bruce is sorry that he can't be on the show. He's in the hospital right now. I think he sounds like he has bore important stuff to worry about than me, and uh, nice for her to get back with you. Well, it turns out that I've been in contact with him. Case in point, we're going to have him after the news. But he was passing a kidney stone and from everything I've heard, that is just awful. My wife had one of those last year, middle of the night. She had to go to the er. It was brutal. That's kind of I think that's kind of what happened to him. Had kind of came out of nowhere and get me to the hospital and they didn't take him long to figure out exactly what she thought her pennix burst, right, Yeah, that's what it was. Yeah, I remember like, yeah, she was in that would seem to come from the same area. I don't know experienced it, but yeah, that a'll make sense. We will be talking to doctor Herman, but that's after the news. Right now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: The House is back the last Turtles, reopening the government with the four point thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking down a vote expected tonight in the House on a spending bill that cleared the Senate earlier this week, when eight Democrats flit voting alongside all Republicans. That deal does not does not include an extension of Affordable Care Act tax credits with only a vote promise on the matter in the future. If those tax credits are not extended, around twenty million Americans who receive health care from the ACA will see premium skyrocket next year. If the House passes the bill, it would end the longest government shut down in US history.
Speaker 27: The White House, as President Trump intends to sign the government funding bill as soon as possible after it passes. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt told reporters they expect that will be tonight and the President could sign the legislation during dinner with Wall Street CEOs.
Speaker 28: Here at the White House, our troops, air traffic controllers, and federal employees will be back to receiving their regular paychecks, Families in need will get back to receiving their food purchasing assistance, and the People's government will soon be back open for business.
Speaker 12: Karen Travers ABC News The White House now the latest traffic in weather.
Speaker 7: Together from the UC Health Traffic Center, you'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care at the u See Cancer Center. Get a second opinion fast called five one three five eight five U see see See Watching delays onto seventy five southbound after Kilby with the crasher blocking the right lane and police are on the scene. Southbound seventy five Twelfth Street to Kyle's Lane in Kentucky affected by that broken down semi right lane blocked and about a fifteen minute delay here now. On seventy five we're selling southbound Baalbagan Highway to no lateral and from the viaduct down to the Brent Spence Bridge northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock is about a twelve minute trip now and we have heavier pockets of traffic. Two seventy five at the Kentucky Indiana state line with a walk on the Carrol Cropper Bridge west bound delays back to the Petersburg exit, southbound back to US fifty and on seventy one southbound MLK to the Brent Spence by a ten minute trip. I'm Rich shremp news Radio seven hundred WW.
Speaker 10: Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: The sky is staying mostly clear overnight as we dropped to thirty four for your Thursday morning tomorrow afternoon. We keep that sunshine. Heis near fifty seven Friday. We start near thirty seven the afternoon, a few more clouds with just a small chance of rain and a high in your fifty nine from your severe weather station. I'm nine first warning meter Religious Mark Stitz News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Sunny and currently fifty six degrees. All fourteen people killed in the ups plane crash and explosion at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport last week have been identified by the Jefferson County Corner.
Speaker 25: Each of these victims represents a life full of purpose, interrupted far too soon, and also a life that will never fade because we will always remember them.
Speaker 11: Louisville MARYCRAIGT. Greenberg. Three crew members aboard the plane. Among the victims. Those lost range in age from three to two sixty five. ODAD says it's teaming up with local law enforcement as well as the cities of Monroe and Sycamore Township to reduce traffic congestion around Cincinnati Premium Outlets and Kimwood Town Center on Black Friday, with management from both malls also involved in that planning. This includes adjusting traffic signals to maximize timing during peak times and improve traffic flow, increasing law enforcement presence to alert motorists of backups on Interstate seventy five and seventy one, and quickly respond to incidents. The plan also calls for designated lane assignments and access points to reduce bottlenecks and have temporary signage and message boards alert motorists of increased traffic while providing alternate routes in any other traffic advisories.
Speaker 15: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Here's a Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals on the practice field today getting ready for Sunday's AFC North Battle at Pittsburgh College Football. Tonight, Toledo takes on the Miami RedHawks and Oxford's Jeger Stadium at seven College Basketball Tonight NKU at East Tennessee State six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Reds Update. Get the latest on the Reds to night in the Hot Stove League at six here on seven hundred WLW. Their special guest will be Andrew Abbott e COCHL Hockey. Today, Toledo got by the Cyclones three to two. Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 11: Final numbers on Wall Street Today, The doll Gating three hundred and twenty seven points, Nastac down sixty two. The S and P of four are an except it is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalbagher News Radio seven hundred W.
Speaker 10: Well Experience the Arts live in Oxford this November at Miami University with music, Mutz and Murder Celebrate the Power of Song The Men Glee Club Concert November seven.
Speaker 1: And Jay Sweet go to our guests now, and it's good to have him back. He is our good friend. Doctor Bruce Herman, board certified plastic surgeon. He hosts the weekly show Nip Talk. He has been on this show multiple times. Always love having doctor Bruce Herman. Doc, welcome back, Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 12: First.
Speaker 1: Rocky Today is Bigation. He is uh no, Actually he does football games for ESPN. So he's doing a football Yeah, he's doing a football game tonight. Oh all right, but you can trust Jason over here. He's all right. I got a lot of tough leading questions for you, Doc, Right, Nay, he's a really good question. He's a reporter. So Die, let's well let's talk. First off, we were talking a little bit about it a little while ago. You've been on I r uh would turn out to be kidney stones is hourly because I where we're worried about it. I told them to I was still at Jason. I don't think I said it on the air, but you know, you and I always text, and I text you to be on and I hadn't heard from me or uh right, and then I get a text back from your wife. I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 29: Yeah, man, you just caught me. Uh yeah, at a pretty bad time. So I had a kidney stone. Man, welcome to middle age. I guess start things start falling apart. And uh man, I don't know if you ever had a kidney stone, but I highly do not recommend getting one because it is very painful.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, I did miss work.
Speaker 29: I never miss work, and it kind of freaked out my wife because like I would barely even go to the doctor. And I woke up and I was like, Dan, it's like I needed to go to the hospital like right now. Of course like that, since my wife it's like a panic because he's not used to hearing me say stuff like that. But yeah, anyway, so too a couple of weeks to get over that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was a real bummer.
Speaker 29: But yeah, sorry I missed you guys a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 1: No, everything I've ever heard about it, doc is that that's just a hor horrible experience. Yeah, yeah, I do not recommend thumbs down. Well, let's uh, let's talk about what we're here to talk about. Millennials almost matching a gen Z shot for a shot with botox, what they're calling baby botox, and it's not given a two year old botox. Don't think that, Yeah, but young people doing essentially, doc Herman, the is it? It's prevented. They're considering it preventative. Yeah, prevented botox. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I talk about this all the time.
Speaker 1: And you know, you may be surprised.
Speaker 29: When I say what age I think people should start botox. I bet it'll be a little earlier than you think. I believe around thirty is a good time. And the reason I used that age group is because in our thirties is when the lines that we have on our forehead and around our eyes and between our eyebrows start to get permanently etched in from just repetitive motion, repetitive motion over the decades, and so if you start using botox before those lines start setting in, you'll never get them. And I always use my wife as an example. She probably hates this, but you know, she did that exact thing. She started using botox right about the time that I got into plastic surgery. And now she's fifty years old, and she doesn't have any wrinkles, and it looks, you know, very natural.
Speaker 1: It's not like a fake look.
Speaker 29: It's just that the wrinkles that she would normally have at this age, just from using those muscles for frowning and raising your eyebrows and smiling around your eyes, have never formed. And so, you know, I think getting that twenty is a little bit aggressive, honestly. I mean, it would stop the passive lines. But I think people look so young at twenty anyway, I'm not sure they're gaining a whole lot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, ask me.
Speaker 29: I mean, I think thirty is a reasonable age or even a little bit later.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 29: And I've always said this, I do honestly believe, and I and I don't make hardly any money from doing botox, but I do honestly believe that botox is one of the lowest hanging fruits that you can do if you want to look young into your middle years.
Speaker 1: We're talking to doctor Bruce Herman and the doc to use your well, you use your poor wife as an example again, but what you're sorry you were saying, she's you know, she's fifty, but you know it doesn't have the wrinkles and stuff and it looks natural. Is that the reason why so many of the Hollywood people we see they wait until they are fifty and get botox or plastic surgery, and so it's so noticeable as opposed to just like never really taking over the course of time.
Speaker 29: Yeah, it really when you when you talk about people looking unnaturally, it does kind of depend on what treatment you're talking about. I mean, you can definitely look unnatural botox if it's overdone.
Speaker 1: And you have like zero expression, and so.
Speaker 29: Really good boatoks will eliminate the wrinkles but still leave you normal facial expressions, and there's definitely an artistry to it, which means, you know, if you're a consumer out there wanting to get botox, you got to find somebody that's good and just like finding a good hairstylist.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that can be a challenge.
Speaker 29: But you know, a lot of the Hollywood celebrities look overdone, mostly due to fillers. I mean, there's just such a fine line with fillers between looking good and looking natural and oops, now I look like an alien like Madonna did back a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Uh so, you know, I mean, I'm a I'm a poor live hope. She never listened to show. She does use a few fillers, but of course, you know, I'm the one doing them.
Speaker 29: And I guarantee you no one would think that she'd ever had fillers, Like, no one, because they're done properly.
Speaker 1: They're very subtle.
Speaker 29: They you know, fix some of the normal kind of fault to the face that you get as you, you know, get into your forties and fifties, but you don't go past that point where it starts to be noticeable.
Speaker 3: So I think.
Speaker 29: Celebrities oftentimes get a little bit and they look better and they're like more more or more right, and then suddenly, you know, like.
Speaker 1: You look like a completely different person.
Speaker 29: So yeah, they really need to like come have me be their personal like you know, uh, you know, advisors going.
Speaker 3: To like ghet the stop button.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: So if you're doing the preventative at a younger age thirty, like you said, around thirty years old, do you even can you even notice it? Like if I had a friend's thirty and he or she did it, and I would would I even be able to tell if the person did or not?
Speaker 1: Uh, if you know what to look for, yes, but most people don't.
Speaker 6: Like I can tell when someone's had botox.
Speaker 29: Even if it's really really good, But like, would it be noticeable to the average person. No, not if it's properly done.
Speaker 1: Uh. So you know, if you're thirty and you want to get it, you can get it.
Speaker 29: And I promise nobody will know unless they're just like in the business and know the very subtle things to look for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know it's preventative treatment.
Speaker 24: Man.
Speaker 1: If you get it and you stick with it, like, you will not get those wrinkles. And I guarantee eventually all of us.
Speaker 29: And I'm starting to get them myself, and my office is hounded me to start botox, and I've been telling them know, but uh yeah, I mean eventually you get them.
Speaker 1: Time catches up with all of this.
Speaker 29: But you know, botox is one of those things that can kind of keep at least the wrinkles on the forehead between the eyebrows and then the smile lines or crow's feed from ever developing.
Speaker 4: So if you're doing it as a preventative measure at that again, at younger age, like do you does it give you physically? Make you feel good? Does it make your face feel good? Or I guess it doesn't even matter if you're doing it. You're even doing it matter if you're doing it at sixty like do you again, not not the vanity part of it, but even like a physical feeling from it.
Speaker 29: Yeah, so there's no physical feeling. But there is a very interesting side effect from getting botox. And this is not something that we really tut but I assure you it's real.
Speaker 1: I mean almost.
Speaker 29: I don't want to say every patient, but I have so many patients tell me this. If you have a history of headaches and you get botox, there is a very very high likelihood that you will see a notable decrease in the amount of headaches you get. Why, because of the muscles of the scalp oftentimes of the origin of headaches, and so by relaxing those muscles, you oftentimes will see if you have chronic headaches.
Speaker 3: That they get better.
Speaker 1: We're talking to doctor Bruce Herman and Doc Okay, let's say I started at thirty, am I if am I now obligated to get these more or less for the rest of my life. If I quit doing it, say when I'm sixty, is my face just going to drop off? Like picture of Dorian Gray or some such or what's the deal?
Speaker 6: No, basically what would happen, Say, for example, you.
Speaker 29: Do it from thirty to forty, and if forty rolls along in your life, you know what, forget this, I'm done. So you basically stop the clock as far as those rinking wrinkles forming. But now when you stop the boatox the clock starts, and so you basically have ten years you know, advantage of those wrinkles not forming. But if you stop using it and then those muscles start working again, over time, those wrinkles would develop, and they probably would develop a little bit quicker as we age because the skin is not quite as resilient, it doesn't have as much elasticity, and it's a little bit more prone to wrinkle anyway.
Speaker 3: Just with normal aging.
Speaker 1: That's that's fascinating. So how did.
Speaker 4: How did this phenomenon even get started of younger folks thinking or like wanting to do this prevented?
Speaker 1: Was this a TikTok thing or some money?
Speaker 2: That's that's the biggest one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 29: And there's a lot of reasons why younger people are getting more procedures done. And we know this from the data that the American syudio plastic surgeons look at every year on who is getting what. And we've seen a trend in the last ten years that the average age of people seeking treatments is starting to go down. Historically, plastic surgery was reserved for like, you know, only middle aged people. They're only ones that are doing or even older. But what's happened, you know, social media has hit a rise. People are seeing you know, pictures of themselves on their socials, they're seeing their their video when they're doing zoom calls these days, the so called zoom effect. They're seeing influencers and celebrities talk about these treatments all the time. And so then and there's also that you know, unrealistic expectation of beauty that's been in the.
Speaker 3: United States forever.
Speaker 29: So when you combine all those things, but you hit the nail on the head mostly the rise of social media and the things that come along with that. It's not really surprising at all that younger people are starting to seek out these treatments.
Speaker 2: And I think it's okay partly.
Speaker 29: I mean, again, you know, at thirty year old get in botox, I don't have a problem with that. You know, there was a story and I don't know if you guys were going to bring this one up, but I did a segment on my show a few weeks back about a twenty nine year old getting a facelift, and I was just like, what, who what doctor would do a facelift on a twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine year old?
Speaker 29: And so yeah, I mean that's just like a whole nother discussion when you start to dive into surgeries that are generally reserved for people that are, you know, fifty or sixty and you're getting them a twenty Like, I mean, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: I do have a big issue with that. So this was like the normal person, not some you know, elephant man kind of person or victim of an accent or something. It would just some mirando nine year old decided they wanted to look like young Madonna or something.
Speaker 3: That's totally crazy.
Speaker 29: And so, you know, one of my biggest, you know, gripes about doing a facelift is, you know, one of the major parts of doing a face lift is tightening the deep structures of the face. So there's a fashion layer along the muscle and then also the muscle of the neck which starts to fall as we age, and that's really what a facelift is doing, is tightening those deep structures.
Speaker 1: In addition tightening the skin.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's almost impossible for someone in.
Speaker 29: Their twenties to have any fall of those structures, but I will give a very very small asterisk.
Speaker 6: If it's safe.
Speaker 29: For example, somebody weighed four hundred pounds and then suddenly they get on neozimbic and they lose two two hundred and fifty pounds, it might be possible. That would be maybe the only time where I was like, Okay, this very very young person actually does have the issues that are corrected by facelift. But I saw the pictures of this girl and that was not the case. You know, somebody took advantage of this poor girl, and actually I looked it up. She actually went out of the country she did in Turkey, which you know we've talked about medical. Yeah, we talked about medical tourism all the time and how I really don't like it, and so, you know, at least was thankful to know that, you know, some regular plastic surgeon. It's not doing facelifts on people in their twenties. That would really kind of make me upset. But yeah, this was out of the country.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, doc, we will let you go. People want to find out more. Where can they go to five you?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 29: So I have my weekly podcast, Nip Talk It air due to every Friday Vibe. You can catch the segments as we put them up along along the league if you don't watch the whole show. Also, I do a lot on Instagram under Dallas Nip Tuck. So'd love for you guys to come out and check out my stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, thanks so much. All it's all good to talk to you guys. Glad you're feeling better. Thank you our good friend doctor Bruce Herman. But yeah, it's pretty bad when a surgeon says I would never do that surgery, but that yeah, because I would say, I bet a facelift is a nice, nice paycheck for a doctor. One with Yeah. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on going on?
Speaker 7: And from the UC Health Traffic Center, You're going to find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer carethy you see cancer center get a second opinion fast on five one, three, five eight five U see see see left lane box seventy five north bod at the Via doctor left lane here has it owns back to Azer Charles. Seventy one south to two seventy five are right lane taken up with a crash in the accident in the right lane to two seventy five southbound after Kilby's sewing traffic and a breakdown reported on seventy five southbound at the Brent Spence Bridge Cruise are there and a breakdown of the semi continue seventy five southbound Twelfth Street to Kyle's Lane in Kentucky causing sowdowns. My Rick Shrimpanews Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partley cloudy, thirty four forur to miles sunshine and fifty eight it is fifty seven. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: You send hours raking the leaves from your yard, only to have to rake them again and again and again. If only all the leaves could fall at once. Well, now they can call tree shakers.
Speaker 1: Sank you shaking there? Mac you meet.
Speaker 19: Our specialized staff of x NFL linemen, Suma wrestlers, and women's on Twitters can shake your trees there in minutes. Free up your fall, you tree shakers. Toss the rake and give it a sham.
Speaker 23: Tree Shakers a sponsor of the seven hundred WLW talkback button on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 19: Are you taking down?
Speaker 18: You met?
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 19: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home for a limited time get a twenty nine dollars back to now from the hometown heroes of service bro Hey, Jace.
Speaker 1: We talked to this fellow right here, being brought to you by the fine folks at Joseph Chevrolet. Our good friend Bill Cunningham, now Willie. Earlier in the program, we talked to your good friend Andy Furman. Oh, yes, the fur Ball, her ball, who was correct me if I'm wrong. He was not the first replacement for Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 6: Why, you know, back in the good old days after the Trumps, he left for the glories that lie ahead. Uh you had Chris Collinsworth's kind of in the bullpen warming up, you had the fur Ball warming up. You had one or two others, but fur Ball was the main shall we say, a clog. But Collinsworth needed so much help, didn't understand media. Trump told him to quit talking like you're a trumpet, like you're some sort of a hillbilly. You got to get rid of that twang. And uh so, and he was there with his dulcet tones to keep the.
Speaker 1: New York, New York accent, yes accents.
Speaker 6: So, yes, he was there. He was a legend and he was good. And you know, a sports talk has had many great and some not so great, but nonetheless, yes, he was there. And I want to bring up something that Jason brought up with your permission, that he because I'm watching it right now on nine where nine stands for news. Please, yeah, right now, I'm watching Joe Burrow run around the practice facility with nothing on his feet at all, throwing eighty yard touchdown passes to Jamar Chase in the corner of the end zone, and Joe Flaco is fielding balls for Joe Burrow. Could there be a surprise come come Sunday. Could it be that Burrow is activated? Flaco's AC joint continues to hurt. And in order to say save the season, you got to win at Pittsburgh and you got to win it home against New England, who might be the best team in the NFC right now. And if you lose those two games and you're three and eight, you mazo, you maso, yurinate away the season because it's over. And So I'm watching Joe right now on Channel nine and I'm watching him throw the ball and running around. I'm thinking, Hey, what are we watching here? It's been what about Uh, it's been all about two months, not quite two months, from the second game of the year until now. But Jason, what do you think? What are your orthopedic sources tell you about Joe Burrow?
Speaker 1: This is news to me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I knew he was a practice I just I didn't put two and two together. So, but I knew Flacco is not practicing to give a shoulder rest now now, now, Zach Taylor did come out. I believe it was Zach or someone did come out and make it clear in his press conference on Monday that he will not be playing against Pittsburgh. So I wonder if he was heading off your question here, WILLI knowing that Flacco was going to take a break and give the shoulder a break, which he did prior to the Bears game, and then through for nearly five hundred yards. Right, yeah, my question back to you, Willie, Yeah right, yeah, I just I'm not going to practice during the week, but I'll go through for five hundred on the Saturday or on Sunday.
Speaker 1: And all the team still is can can George Burrow?
Speaker 4: Can he tackle? Is the big question. That's my question for you, because that's the problem. If you haven't heard yet, that's the problem.
Speaker 6: The defense is like the imagine O line in World War One with the French Army. As the hunt came around the right side, imagine the line didn't apply. Now this brings up I brought this up to Almo, and that is this. I'm watching all the shows simultaneously, and the Jets need a quarterback badly, and they got seven first round draft picks, so one of the pundits that now is the time for the Bengals to trade Joe Burrow to the Jets, to New York, give the Bengals seven draft picks like the Herschel Walker trade to Dallas so many years ago, and then Duke Duke, Duke Totman can pick all the stars in the future.
Speaker 3: How about that one?
Speaker 1: Hell no, no, well, what what would the fan base? I heard you talking to Rocky about that the other day too, and I think Rocky pretty much just said what Jason said. But could you imagine the fan base here would be, Man, It'd be like a Frankenstein movie. They'd be pitchforks and torches in the street, the ladders.
Speaker 6: On the side of Pey Court, they'd be going up the building. But nobody in New York shut that down. They said, you know what, that's a good idea that Jessy haven't had a quarterbacks showed name it's and so it might be good to get another Joe in town. And I'm thinking, are you crazy? Are you? Can you see Jamar Chase and can you see the great number one in five te going crazy about getting rid of You know that's not gonna What we need is somebody that can pick defensive players that within two or three years can play defense. Does that make sense to anybody? Can Why get Duke Tobin more force round draft choices? Hell? He says, the two best draft picks I made with Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. Well, hell, a blind, dumb befoone pool would have made those picks.
Speaker 1: Exactly that exactly bragged. God, that's true. Let's put this.
Speaker 4: Eddie and I had Eddie and I had Mark with a c Amazon on last week and he was all over, he's all about trading Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Can we put that the rest?
Speaker 6: Come on? Oh my gosh, come on, that'd be like trading Hunter Green. Not quite the thing.
Speaker 1: But nevertheless, whoa screeched. But let me let me ask you guys something, because Burrow has become a bit of a name it style kind of guy.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 1: He's getting a little bit of Hollywood. Now, do you think that Joe Burrow might indeed welcome a trade to New York City?
Speaker 6: The Bright Light, the Rano Jason. You might recall that Joe Namath Poe's nude supposedly for some point of Playgirl magazine, and Joe Burrow is want to dress on the runway in New York? Or what's that parrot?
Speaker 1: Harris?
Speaker 6: Was that Paris? To me, that wasn't a good look. Joe Burrow in a dress. I'm thinking, Joe, what are you doing? Man? You're from your life from Athens, Ohio? For God's sakes, what are you doing? But but Joe Namath was shall we say, uh i advan guard when it came to not wearing clothes getting pictures taken. I think that was a perfume commercial of one type or another, male cologne or whatever. And I'm thinking, look, you know, New York at the capital of the world. Yeah, I'm thinking, what are we doing? All I want to do is win some football games and get the glory of his first two seasons back. But you know, we got the toe, we got the calf, we got the knee, you got the appendix, you got the wrists, you got the wrist and the appendix, and you got the toe and the knee and the calf. And I'm thinking this doesn't look this is not good. But I'm watching Channel ninth. Got him throwing balls. I'm thinking, well, maybe maybe maybe for New England at.
Speaker 1: Home he can throw, But man, I'll tell you what if and well, if Rocky were he can speak to it, and I think I can speak for Rogan. This one is kind of a no brainer. If guys know that he's at least bit hobbled with a toe injury, they're going to come after him like the fifth cavalry Man.
Speaker 3: Blitz bl it'll.
Speaker 6: And if one thing we've learned, you're plugging one Joe for another Joe, it's kind of the same. I'm thinking, Okay, the offense, I think fighting officially Flacco through for four hundred and seventy five yards. Could Burrow have done any better? I don't think so. The problem is giving up one thousand and fifty yards on defense in the last two games. Now, there's the problem, Sherlock. That's what you gotta fix, not the offense. Even the running game has gotten so much better, and money Mack is not issue any more bad checks. Money Max is kicking the ball through the upright. We've got the offense. It's going for fifty points a game, and I still can't win.
Speaker 1: Listen. I mean, it's been it's been, It's been discussed widely, and it's been bitched about widely. Them losing that Jets game. Come on, man, that was not only icing on the cake, that was lighting the candle on the birthday kick right there, blowing it out.
Speaker 6: That's just no. And now the next five games are shall we say, difficult, and Baltimore looks to be real. Pittsburgh is new England came out of nowhere. Jason, are they the best team in the AFC?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Colts. The Colts are pretty good, and I don't count Baltimore out. Baltimore might ultimately be the best team in the AFC. Their defense is a little bit concerning, but Lamar's back. They've won three in a row. How did Colts defense get so good? With the Bengals cast off defensive coordinating.
Speaker 1: The Bengals fired this guy, see he must not be very good.
Speaker 6: Gets fired. Oh he goes to Colts and just kick.
Speaker 3: The ass all over the middle of the ass.
Speaker 6: Mister ass. We got this guy from Notre Dame who's not golden. And I'm thinking, Okay, maybe it's not the coach, Maybe it's the players. Just possibly it's the person maybe like the players. Maybe I don't know. Maybe, but he did he did take Borrow and Chase, So please give Tobin some credit, will you.
Speaker 1: Well, when we were talking to football earlier, he did see he was talking about old school coaches and how the Bengals do not have that. Zach Taylor's is a fine as a very fine man, good family man. Seems to the players seem to like him, but everyone he was he was calling back the days of Forrest Greg. Not only did the players like him, but they were scared to death of that man.
Speaker 6: He would look at you, so I remember, I remember lapping mothers used to say that in a practice laugh and lost the tooth or two and uh Greg, Greg picked it up, put it in his pocket and said, we'll deal with this when the season ends. Well, okay, when the season's over, will give you back your tooth. But now, I mean the head coach in Detroit, what's his name, is a Campbell or something that guys old school. The rest of it is all people like you know, the Rams and and the Bengals, and you know Mike Tomlin. They got to they got a search party out for Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh. He doesn't win to go far enough from the playoffs. Hell, it's me the third year in there. We missed the playoffs. But you know, the old school coaches are done. The players won't play for him.
Speaker 1: All right with the With that, Willie, maybe it's time for you to get out your Fedora and head out there to the field, put on your old check sports coat, and coach a little football.
Speaker 6: One thing in my life I've not done is coach will played football. And thank god I still have a life. And I got knees.
Speaker 1: Thank god I didn't do that, Willie. Thanks so much, odd blessed American.
Speaker 6: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, Bye bye there go.
Speaker 29: Uh.
Speaker 1: But that's that's funny. Him sitting there watching TV, analyzing every possible thing.
Speaker 3: That he had.
Speaker 1: I can just see it's all he does. Like a plays golf and watches TV like a crazy like a crazy man, sitting there with about five five TVs, sitting there just in his you know, kickback in his lounge chair, drinking energy drinks, screaming at the TV. Good times, man, very good times. Coming up. You're going to be talking to Alex Stone from ABC after the news here at the bottom of the hour, and tomorrow Rock will be back with us and we will have your friend Jason Hoffin doing a little sports picking. You might have to join us on that one time and do a little guest picking or something. All right, that'd be fun. I could I could help with that. I do a little pick and pool every week.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: With that, though that, let's check into traffic and weather, what's.
Speaker 7: Going on, and from the UC Health Traffic Center, you'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care. You see Cancer Center get a second opinion fast called five win three five eight five U SECC crash on the shoulder seventy one southbound at two seventy five. It's still being cleaned up, and we're looking at traffic sewing from a red round Fields hurdle and also on two seventy five and seventy one and accent it on their shoulder now two seventy five it killed me that crashes out of the way seventy five southbound between twelfth and Kyle's laying that breakdown of a semi that is still there. The right lane has reopened. We've got seventy five sewing southbound Robert Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral by the ten minute trip and southbound from Hoppele to the Brent Spence Bridges Stop and Go seventy one. It's about a fifteen minute drive MLK to the Brent Spence Rick SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double d WELW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center for tonight party Cloudy thirty four Ford to Miles, Sunshine and fifty eight. It is fifty seven Now News Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 5: You love the Rads.
Speaker 15: We love the Rads.
Speaker 12: My mother's dog loves the Rads.
Speaker 23: That's why we bring you the reds Hotstove League tonight at six on seven hundred WLW Winner, the home of the Cincinnati Rads.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Mel's Auto Glass. Mel's Auto Glass is a clear tall ride back with Eddie and Jason Williams in for Rocky Today. Just a little while longer, but before we get out of here, Jason, Now, this story, I haven't read much into it, but I saw a story on the news on TV shoot. I'm going to say it was last week sometime and I had no idea how this was going on. But here to discuss is wild Alex Stone. This missing little girl I believe started in California, right, Yeah.
Speaker 30: Yeah, so it's really nationwide now. But separately, today her mom, Ashley Buzzard, was in court because she was arrested on Friday on a unrelated charge, but it got her into custody for false imprisonment, and then she was in court today looking really different because investigators have said she typically wears wigs and makeup, and in court today didn't look like she had a wig on, a real short curly hair and no makeup. So she was brought into court and she played it not guilty to a charge of false imprisonment. And this is allegedly where she had kind of befriended this guy involving the case of her missing daughter and held him against his will and she had a box cutter last week preventing him from leaving her home, and so she was arrested. The judge today said, based off of that single charge, he's got to release her with a GPS ankle monitor on. So she was granted released today and the judge a short time to go in court in Santa Barbara County. Sand Man, you're released on supervised release. But as all of this is going on with that false imprisonment charge, the bigger story around Ashley Buzzer, it is that her daughter disappeared over a month ago, and she's not helping at all to find her, and there is no indication of where she is. So on October fourteenth, the local school district in Santa Barbara County called the Sheriff's office asking for a welfare check because nine year old Melody Buzzard had not been seen. They thought at the time, in over a year that she was allegedly being homeschooled, although there's no indication she actually was being homeschooled. She had no friends, she was not around any family members, and Melody Buzzard had not been checked in with school in over a year. So initially they thought this little girl had just disappeared a year earlier and nobody had noticed. Well, they have now figured out that on October seventh of this year that Ashley the mother, and Melody, the nine year old daughter, that they were seen on surveillance video running a car in Santa Barbara and they went on a three day road trip to Nebraska and back. On that road trip, the nine year old wore wigs. Mom did as well. She had a wig on the nine year old when they rented the car and a hoodie hood up, so it seemed like trying to hide her identity. The mom, Ashley allegedly changed the rental car's license plates from California to New York plates. They don't know where she got the New York plates and then put the California ones back on before she returned that rental car. But when she returned the rental car in Santa Barbara, Melody was gone. She disappeared on that road trip and on October fourteenth, deputies that went to the home after the school called and Raquel Zick is with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office. She says deputies went to the hall.
Speaker 28: These did contact the mom at the residence, but she was unable to give us a fireball or reasonable explanation up to where Melody was.
Speaker 30: So they executed a search warrant and they have found no signs of the girl. They have since tracked down the Melody was last scene alive. They found surveillance video on that road trip from October ninth on the Colorado side of the Colorado Utah border. There is a big FBI search underway over multiple states today looking for Melody. There is no evidence she's alive. There is no evidence that she's dead, and she could be anywhere in the world at this point. If she is alive. Bill Garcia is a private investigator searching for Melody on the father's side of the family. The dad of Melody died years ago in a motorcycle accident, but the family is paying for this private investigator. He is retracing their steps right now. He's at the Colorado Utah border and he says, there's no signs of anything.
Speaker 3: I don't see any of the signs that will indicating Melody's life was taken and that she may be out anywhere near there.
Speaker 30: So this point, if she's alive, they don't know where she is. Investigators say Mom is being totally uncooperative. They have no indication of what happened to Melody on that road trip or why they were wearing wigs or switching license plates. Lily Dennis is Melody's paternal grandmother. She was at court today. She's mad. She wants answers from Ashley.
Speaker 11: I don't think big here with puncture.
Speaker 29: I don't care to put me in.
Speaker 30: Jill, but I want to know and nobody knows. So today Ashley Buzzard. She's being released from jail on that false imprisonment charge. She's gonna have to wear that GPS monitor so they'll have an idea of where she is. But she's not helping find her nine year old daughter. And by the way, the last photo, the photo that's been out there of Melody was from two years ago and she was seven years old. They don't have There is not a more updated photo of this little girl. There's the surveillance video of them running the car, but she was wearing a wig with a hoodie over it. Not a real good picture of her, the last real.
Speaker 6: Photo of her.
Speaker 30: And you know a seven year old going from seven to nine years old can change a lot. But the last photo they have of her is over two years old. Nobody had seen her between that time.
Speaker 4: Wow, my head spinning here, Alex. Is the fact that the judge and what was the case again where she has to work?
Speaker 31: Yeah, the false imprisonment they did that judge, Is he or she make her wear this ankle monitor knowing the other other side of this story, or is that illegal to even do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 30: So he said today as a prosecutor said, look, you're on her she needs to remain in custody. Look at this other case where she was switching license plates and wearing wigs and the dada.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 30: I hate to tell you, I can't bring that into consideration because she hasn't been charged with anything. There's no crime in that yet.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 30: And they, you know, because they don't have a body, they don't know what happened to her. You're not kidnapping your own daughter. They don't know. I mean, maybe she's alive with somebody. There's indications that she has told people that maybe she's alive in Utah and she was handed to somebody, So they don't.
Speaker 24: Know, you know.
Speaker 30: So he said, just based on the law, he's got to go on what you would do with a false imprisonment count for telling somebody they can't leave a room and can't rely on anything involving the missing girl until there's something that links her to that. So he had to go based just on the false imprisonment. But but he definitely knew about it.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Alex, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much. You got to thank thanks Alex. Well, I yah, and thanks Alex. That's just an awful story, man, I think of getting into talking about kids and just that I think that will pissed any normal personal But have you ever in your kids are held now nine and twelve, actually, oh my twelve year old will be thirteen here in a few days eighteen, and have you have you ever been concerned that one of your kids was lost?
Speaker 4: I don't remember specifically. I generally feel like there was maybe a time we were in a store, and I'm sure every parent out there is like, yeah, oh I had that experience, and you know, you briefly like your kids disappears and he's over in an aisle or two away looking at something.
Speaker 1: There's right, there is no worse feeling. Oh, that happened to us twice. If you're familiar with the uh actually not downtown Milford, but the Milk oh yeah, off of the Milford to seventy five off of Milford there there's a Low's and there's a target, I believe, and h and stuff that. There's a couple of things around there, but there's also an eye hop there and we used to live real close to there. Right down to seventy five is only a couple exits away. So we took our we took the boys there when they were a little I Hop got breakfast because you know, it is when you have little kids like that. And they were probably i want to say, like nine and seven something like that. Breakfast places are fun when they're yeah, kids and so, but they're also up at like, so we're there. It's a Saturday morning. I needed to go to Low's. Anyway, I was like, guys, let's go. And Deb was up and come on, we're gonna go to I Hop get a little breakfast. Daddy's gonna stop with the hardware, fingers going to eye. There you go. And it was we used we used to let him pretend they were ordering food. They would they would think they were ordering food, but they weren't. Dead would just tell the waitress, look, just give them my she would get whatever and hers. She would order a side of pancakes. Just give them those pancakes. Don't even worry about all the fruit fruit stuff they want. Okay, cool. And so we're leaving, We're going to go to if you're familiar with this area, the Low's is, it's the same parking lot.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then being little boys, they said, Dad, can we can we walk down there? And it's seven thirty eight o'clock in the morning, and somebody, yeah, if you guys just be careful. Look there's cars going everywhere around here. Just be careful. Yeah, and your mother and I are just going to get in the car and we'll meet you down there and just meet us, meet us out, I said, meet us in the front, meaning the front of the store.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, so we uh go, Deb and I are just taking our time. Just we didn't take that much time. When we get in the car, drive down there, walk up to the front of the store. No little boys there, and so we're looking around looking out in the parking lot. Obviously I'm not a a lot of cars, so we're looking everywhere a little they probably they must be inside. So we go inside. Nowhere to be seen, oh no, and uh so then we run back outside and Deb is I'm starting to freak. Deb is really freaking, and they have to be here someplace they couldn't have. And about that time, there's a white panel van driving out of the parking lot and my wife started screaming running after the white panel van, and I was like, oh now, my heart's beating ninety, you know, million times a second. And it's instant too. Oh, absolutely it is. And now I'm starting to panic, and so I run back in to ask somebody to call nine to one one. And as soon as I run back in, here come the boys walking out of They had gotten distracted by god knows a Christmas tree display or something and had wandered off to the side instead of being right there in front. And I think their mother had to go home and do a pants change because she was six severely upset, and that all that, that all happened. And I bet you couldn't have been longer than two minutes, right, seriously, but it felt like but it felt like two hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And there was another time where Jack was going to meet him buddy of his at a move think whatever Batman movie. I just remember it being Batman, And we took him to that theater that's right there, the theaters to the showcase there. Yeah, and Deb dropped him off and the kids he is going to meet him in the lobby. It's like, okay, you're you're good. Here's the money to buy yourself a pop and stuff like that, blah blah blah. So he's like, I'm good, and you know, that's where he was. He was probably about twelve thirteen by then, so he was kind of so he uh, he goes in, she comes home. I said, everything cool, Yeah, he's there and Gabe is going to meet him. So he So then we get a call later on from Gabe's mom. You know, we didn't see Jack anywhere. Uh So, just long story short, Jack didn't see him anywhere, so he just walked into the movie theater by himself and started watching the movie without telling anybody. So he watched the entire movie by himself. Well, they finally step went over there and started roaming the aisles and found him sitting there, going, hey, mom, what are you doing here drinking his pop and eating his popcorn. Dude, you're gonna have to have a little chat when you get home.
Speaker 18: With that.
Speaker 1: With that thought in mind, we check in with traffic and weather. What's going on.