Speaker 1: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us free advice to start later please, I could never know if the day was us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demography, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo Nito gay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty fifth day of February twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. My name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to Wednesday on the Powerchrip Morning Show. Regular cast characters in today, and I believe Parker Fox is going to be in with us. He's back, he's back. Can't wait to see his big, tall face. And we will be hearing from Pete Bursich about seven forty for Vikings News as he is live down in Indianapolis for the NFL Combine. So information on that as well. So lots to get to you. Let's get her started. Here's Nate Bargatzi comedy. It is Wednesday morning on the Power Trip. Now you don't forget. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 3: People always talked to me very easy too, are dumb, Like if I talked to his stranger. I can't always feel it, And I think it's my eyes. I have big eyes, and so I just get a lot of like usta.
Speaker 1: Will be many.
Speaker 3: I'm just sitting there like, yeah, I mean I'm listening. He goes, all right, I don't feel like you could be anywhere.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I got a reversible jacket at home, and I have two.
Speaker 2: Of them because I didn't know it was reversible.
Speaker 3: Bought them at the same time, trot them both on separately, like the black one, thought might as well get the blue one too, win and laid them up there, and I remember, they go, are you sure I got yeah? I think I know what I'm doing here, right. The dumbest I've ever been talked to. I like the golf, And so a guy was telling me there's a real golf course in North Carolina where they have lamas, or the caddies. So if you don't anything, my golf caddies usually carries your background, tells you how far you are from the hole, and helps you out. So this course they have lamas, So you put your golf bag on a llama and it carries your back. So he told me that, and then he looks into my big dumb eyes and he goes just so you know, Lamas can't talk though.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the question.
Speaker 3: He was trying to get ahead up as he looked into my stupid eyes like he just fees like i'most say it so that guy doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have to say that.
Speaker 1: I agree, amazing.
Speaker 2: Hot lots.
Speaker 4: The fingers side is sweet and feet us on your side. You hear the distance under this, then you stray.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot sac all right, love to the power Trip Monday too. It is Wednesday, February twenty fifth. Put Parker right, he's coming in. That's going to be super cool.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to hear the full ass recap of Milan and Northern Italy and Olympic gold and man, everything he's been through.
Speaker 1: The last couple of weeks. It's got to be super cool. Good for him.
Speaker 2: I'm not yesterday, day before yesterday. In here we kissed.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah he's still tall. Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad he's still tall.
Speaker 1: You guys, Frenched, that's just for Tommy. I don't French.
Speaker 2: I don't French anymore.
Speaker 1: You don't French any less, French anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sad song. Yeah, they say so.
Speaker 1: Much, Oh so good. Pete Bercich like you said from the combine, there's a French right there, sauce. You love the combine? I do it starts tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We love more Pete Burst or the combine, Pete Pursa is it close?
Speaker 1: No? But I love Pete person.
Speaker 5: You never get to see Bursts again or the combine again.
Speaker 1: Oh Pete bursitch again.
Speaker 5: So you like him more, but you would rather get rid of him if if yeah, if I could only, yes, I would get rid of him to watch the combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: What are you looking for yesterday? Salsa and chips with a blue dog. Yeah, to find it? No, we didn't, they didn't do it. No, we might go today, though you might go today. Possibilities are endless.
Speaker 2: To do tonight with double Nichols.
Speaker 5: Uh no, that's oh yeah, I have Maynards tonight. Yeah yeah, with your game. Oh that's right. I was like, who's the house double Nichols. No, now I got it. I was asking for That's.
Speaker 2: Not true at all. No, that's not true. She was asking for me.
Speaker 5: She was asking if we could do the show at their like Christmas party.
Speaker 2: She wanted us to come to their house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, not that lady. He would have gone to that Christmas part. That'd be a fun old school radio stunt to show up, show up at a random person's house and just do a show.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah that's what they were looking for. Didn't we do that? There was like a cafe in backyard bit back in the day. Do you remember that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, we had staff, people went places.
Speaker 1: I think that's right.
Speaker 5: We had interns in a whole bunch of part timers and street teamers, Like we had a whole bunch of people that could help pull that off. I forgot about that, but were like we grilled in their backyard or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure would just show up.
Speaker 1: Was it P and Debay?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 5: I forget which show did that prize? Where it's cafean broadcast from your house?
Speaker 2: Did we have the Kaffan Pool Patrol where we'd roll around looking for pools to hang out.
Speaker 5: Oh that was your other bit where you and that guy made that up and then you got crafts. Oh yeah, you and the dude Mark Devello just basically went pool to pool looking for chicks.
Speaker 2: That's not true at all.
Speaker 5: Remember the dude, of course I remember to him all the time. No, that was at your other radio station.
Speaker 2: The big Wazoo dating dangerous rack and roll.
Speaker 1: Station made up pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made up the pool patrol. We just took the station Viga. We're going, we're gonna go do some station stuff. And then we go driving around til we saw people in the backyard pools and we'd stop and be like, hey, it's the Wazoo pool crew. What's going on.
Speaker 1: That's genius.
Speaker 2: It was done pretty well.
Speaker 5: And you were looking for one thing and one thing old and we found it. Yeah, he found it.
Speaker 1: So she wants us to broadcast from her house or her Christmas party. Yeah, I agree, we can Excelsior or something. Yeah. Was it Kurt Bills? Uh No, I don't think that was her name.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, and uh they want it's like this thing Excelsior does during Christmas time and they wanted us to broadcast from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they call it and as.
Speaker 5: Amazing, and as I always do, I say, email christ Chris at cafe and dot com.
Speaker 1: Right, because you're not. You're not You're not sure enough to say the price take on that is absolutely astronomical, Like you guys can't afford it, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not mature enough to say that either. I do the same thing. I'm always like.
Speaker 1: Somebody else.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, if you never do it for free, I gave him hawks email, I'm sure you didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ever email you, I know the eyebon.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I don't check my email. You Yeah. I figure that's how they're going to fire me. If I don't check my email, I won't never know.
Speaker 1: That's not though. They can always call you like they did me.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: That person doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that guy's in radio anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure who's in radio anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of us, yeah, a handful of us.
Speaker 1: That guy thought he was a big deal. If that's a secret.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that guy thought he was a huge Yeah, that guy really did think he was a big Yes.
Speaker 2: They were just talking abot somebody like that this morning where we're susy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, oh yeah man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Things are happening.
Speaker 5: So no, pool, patrol, no cafe in backyard, no Christmas and excels here for the Power Tree Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Hawk and I would go. No, I think Chris would. Yeah, I wouldn't, depending on the guest list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not. You can't join.
Speaker 1: I think it's exact words where I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take a look.
Speaker 1: I will volunteer his tribute. Yeah he would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a pro, but I'll take a look. Yeah, I mean, am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You are correct. How's the hosting gig going? How do you do it? Man? It's it's really fun.
Speaker 2: Now you don't conduct the game, you just host it.
Speaker 5: No, it's all No, I just log in on the initials game live app.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to do the content. I don't either. Everybody thinks I write the clues. You said people have complained or like tell car it's too hard. Well, there's yeah, right, the clue.
Speaker 5: Every once in a while there's one where you're like, I don't even And then there's sometimes there's like big words that I just go, well, you can read it, you know, I just read glue three. It'll be like so and so something. I'll be like I don't know what that word is. And then somebody will yell this is what Oh yeah that is what it is. But yeah it's a good bit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: We get a good We get about anywhere between like thirty to like seventy people. Yeah, and they get the waffle fries, right, I got the waff and the ros marry or not on the uh if you get it as a side as an app they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, I love for Ken Jennings be like this French explore friends on the monitor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why am I even here? Just read it. I've said that a few times. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 2: The other day, by the way, when Belenda was here and she was like, yeah, you know I did this and I did that, and I did this and then I worked with this guy and he works at the game show. Who's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, which is said she worked at the game somebody worked the game show or like hosted.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what show are you talking about? Like I watch it time. I mean there aren't that many hosts. Who is it?
Speaker 2: You didn't know the guy, right?
Speaker 1: She never said the name, No, she didn't know.
Speaker 2: She says his name was Steve.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure she.
Speaker 2: Did did she think?
Speaker 1: She said, didn't say the name.
Speaker 2: She didn't say the name, But I can't remember the name Lombardosi.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, the former Minnesota twin different one. I don't think he ever hosted like Lingo back for the damn game show Network.
Speaker 5: No, they don't have a great crop of games right now. The good ones are all like the repeats from Network TV, like the Chase.
Speaker 2: Is Lingo another name for Nope?
Speaker 1: No deep breath please?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Lingo was the game of Chuck Willery hosted, and he never truly understood the rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like Rosie and spread swing. Yeah, that was almost like you had that teed up. They couldn't have been. Oh it was teed up. I heard him yesterday. I'm with common.
Speaker 5: He recapped his entire two weeks off and Savage the wedding. He went to Savage, Savage, too many speeches to a weird Candelabra lady.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't he said, he wouldn't have done any of that. Yeah, wouldn't somebody go on and on and on? Yeah, somebody who just wouldn't stop talking. And he savaged it.
Speaker 2: And it's hard for him because nobody mentioned him all during the ceremony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just had even there, even Common was like, Wow, you're just gonna rip this wedding, ripped it to shreds. And it's people who live in this community. He just hammered it. That was too long for me.
Speaker 2: He's done enough for this community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, why did they have a belly dancer? Yeah, it was it's their weddings. He could have ninety belly dancers. Who cares?
Speaker 5: And then when he was like, I was waiting for who's the lady that spins the plates and comes red Panda, Red Panda and he goes, I was.
Speaker 1: Waiting for her to roll out. Yeah, that'd be sick. That'd be sweet. If if I'm at a wedding and I don't like going a wedding, If I'm at a wedding red Panda shows up, I'm super pumped.
Speaker 2: That showed up down the muffinscakes.
Speaker 1: It was one and a half, but you guys claim it was seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, man. If she rolls out, I'm like, this marriage ain't going anywhere, but I love it.
Speaker 1: He was so mad.
Speaker 2: I say that about every marriage. I want the I want to I want the groom to look at everybody, and go, do.
Speaker 1: You catch it? Rosie said, he wore the same suit that he got married into this wedding, which time the most recent time, because.
Speaker 2: He loves talking about how he still wears the same clothes he did in high school.
Speaker 1: He is, he loves it. And you know what, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta tell you, if I'm taking a step back here, if that's true, that's a damn fine thing.
Speaker 1: How is that possible?
Speaker 8: Though? Like?
Speaker 1: How was?
Speaker 5: How is it possible that that close honestly still holds up? And I'm not even trying to be super mean about his age, No, I'm with you, do How does clothes from high school still honestly even hold up anymore?
Speaker 1: How is that even possible? It's got to smell like ass.
Speaker 5: No, oh no, I can't smell.
Speaker 2: That was the groom by the way, Oh GROSI hug.
Speaker 1: Oh no, honestly, at that point, didn't they make clothing out of bear pelts? They hold up?
Speaker 2: Maybe they're made better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they are made better.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was so mad.
Speaker 5: It took forever. Too many speeches they had, like twenty three people.
Speaker 1: He was so pissed.
Speaker 2: If I walked in here wearing parachute pants. Do you guys even know what those are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course, man, yeah, yeah that does.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They had zippers all over him and my U well, I guess I went in high school. Before high school, my Michael Jackson leather coat, which wasn't real leather. I guarantee you that still exists somewhere, right for five hundred dollars in a vintage store somewhere.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 5: Though. We all wore those pants, oh like late eighties, early to mid nineties, and you look back, they were basically just tarps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It was just the least comfortable thing ever. It's like, yeah, but it's not jeans. Yeah, but it's basically plastic. Yes, it makes the weirdest noises. They like that weird swishing sound.
Speaker 2: I thinking.
Speaker 1: Terrible. Oh yeah, so much more comfortable. For what for? What what are you doing there against?
Speaker 2: I guess someday I'm going to need these zippers for my cell phone.
Speaker 5: I put my pager in there for now. Oh man, somebody really needs me to call them. It says nine to one one, This must be an emergency.
Speaker 1: What do you want? What are you doing? Right?
Speaker 5: That's what every nine one one page was correct, I would get you guys up to why'd you page nine one one?
Speaker 1: I want to see what you guys are doing. I drove three miles and got off on the first exit because I thought you were no. I assume you guys can just assume. Where are you guys? Pay phone? We're at a party. You're going to go to?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, se I'll see what pages were dumb? Yeah, they were kind of dumb.
Speaker 2: You know, on an everyday basis, though, I don't really dress much different than I did in high school. I mean, the clothing styles are different, but his T shirts and jeans that's all I wore in high school.
Speaker 1: Well as you guys can see, because I wear the same thing every day. I have definitely in the last ten fifteen years crossed over to the I don't care anymore stretch and it's about comfort.
Speaker 5: That's why I would never wear tarp parachute pants again. Right, That's why I hate going to weddings. I don't like dressing up. I like being comfortable and I don't care if it looks cool or not. Right, it's the best thing ever. Is Giving up is awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You found out at some point over the years, you found out you didn't need to go to weddings for cupcakes, right, you.
Speaker 1: Can just buy them. You're saying, I don't live that far from Naughtias.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm glad I do.
Speaker 1: Right, it's right next to that Costco though. That's the Costco I go to every.
Speaker 2: Week to tell you that the right there, what is it Coburns Geez is their bakery. I can't even go in there anymore.
Speaker 5: Really, there's a Coburns that just open up right next to my house. They just build a new one, Cobra.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you what really, Oh my god, the bakery at Coburn's is always the past in there. And see, even if it's a tiny version of Coburn's, they still got just the sweetest. I almost call them sluts whoa making just the best. You can't believe the stuff they come up with.
Speaker 5: What do you think all grocery stores in the last twenty twenty five years have up their game? They'll like high these bakeries outstanding.
Speaker 1: I think Targets. Target's bakery is very very solid. Like, yes, there aren't a lot of bad bakeries anymore. I think they used to just mail it in. It's all legit, man, Yeah, I get it's hard to miss.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's like a big like they've realized that's a big money maker for grocery stores, you know what I mean, Like if there's a big uh yeah margin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would bet it's a huge margin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, man, because they sell some of these grocery stores sell like half pies for like fifteen dollars. Now it's my because you don't want the old pie, right, I mean, why don't you want to flill pie?
Speaker 1: I do? But remember when you used to bake pies to try to lure women? Yes, yeah, yeah, not a not in a Cosby way or a serial killer way. It was more just thank you for saying, Hey, why don't you come over and I'll bake you a pie? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I like making Yeah, I mean that was like your go to trick for a couple of years. Yeah, just baking blueberry pies yeah, or French silk or front silk.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yep. Interesting strategy. Yeah, worked out. Hey man, shoot your shot? Yeah? Did you do you bake Kelly pie?
Speaker 8: Early?
Speaker 5: We bonded over the Ted Munday documentary, and that's why you're married.
Speaker 1: You are correct sir? Yeah, I don't know. Man.
Speaker 5: Your wedding in Vegas not my favorite way.
Speaker 1: Too many speeches, lack a cupcakes. Yeah, it didn't have cupcakes. Like there was a belly dancer it was. It was in Vegas. I didn't like it. Pauk loved it. I sure didn't because Papa was there. That's just not how I would have done it. I wore what I wear every day. I don't like that it took fifteen minutes. I didn't like that. I want you. I wish I wanted it to be like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I did like the feel of the place where we're in. It could have been nineteen seventy. Yeah, and I could add parachute pants.
Speaker 1: On you like the lady that married us.
Speaker 2: I did. I did. I thought it was a good time, would you? It was fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thank you. Corey didn't like it though. I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I didn't it's I just kept waiting for like Red Panda to come rolling in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet I should be sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was so sweet.
Speaker 1: If I ever get married again, I'm paying Red Panda to show up. What is she like ten to fifteen K probably something like that. I renew your vows. Yeah, renew my vows and have red panded just roll through.
Speaker 2: I think your wife would show up if you invited to.
Speaker 5: I don't, and she doesn't know who Red Panda was, so I couldn't be like, Angie, you got to show up.
Speaker 1: Red pant is going to be at our wedding vow renewal. No, that wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: The restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, renewing vows is a lot like remodeling a home.
Speaker 2: It really is like builders remodels and Builders Remodels dot Com does call them today, Take care of your business.
Speaker 1: More of the Power Drip Morning Show after this on the Van Gods Loud.
Speaker 2: You know it's weird exactly. I think a lot of our stuff that because we're under construction. I think a lot of our stuff is being loaded in from elsewhere, like not in this building, and so some of it's like this and you gotta turn it way up, and then other things like because it just gets loaded into whatever audio level it's loaded in at.
Speaker 5: If you know what I mean, Hey, somebody else, if you know how you guys always say if you're listening out there on the podcast or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Tweet at us where you're listening and when you're listening, even if it's like six months later. It's just fun to see how long people go and still try to keep the podcast as.
Speaker 1: Linear as possible.
Speaker 5: Tweet it me at Corey Cove if you have the same problem once in a while on on multiple apps, not just the iHeart Radio app, but I've complained to couple of times that, like, I'll be listening to the Power Trip podcast or the Initials podcast when I'm doing the stats, and what Chris just said will happen.
Speaker 1: One the segment will be super loud.
Speaker 5: Then then it goes to a commercial and you can barely hear the commercial, and then so then you turn You're in your car and you turn it all the way up, and then you forget, and then the show comes back on and it just blasts through.
Speaker 2: It's like, jeezy.
Speaker 1: Man, If I'm the only one that's having that problem, then I'll stop complain. It's so weird. Why does it happen?
Speaker 5: Why can't why can't the app regulate and kind of just make sure all of them are on the same level. I don't understand that that's annoying. Do you guys remember years and years ago? I do, I do not when this year, well I don't remember exactly, but do you remember when they would advertise TVs with like the volume will be the same when it goes to commercial because there was like a bit where like the commercials were so loud.
Speaker 1: Now because of all these streaming services.
Speaker 5: The commercials on streaming services are as loud as they can as possible. We mute. We mute them every time. We every time it goes to commercial on like Hulu or something.
Speaker 2: Which is about idea because advertisers matter, and there's so long but you can have that you need.
Speaker 5: But you can see anybody listen to anymore. But you can see them that wasn't I'm not ripping ads. I'm just saying, Wow, the volume's got to be the same. Yeah, the volume's got to be the same.
Speaker 7: I love I think somebody like there's somebody in Congress that's going to propose like a lot to make that yes, a lot that you can't make.
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand dollars, and they decided not to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty good deal, well played, I take that. Yeah, better than a raccoon death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well practicing lesson I started on and kittens and you got to start somewhere.
Speaker 1: You gotta start low.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yeah, well I lost one fight, can.
Speaker 7: Tell Yeah, that's a nice cash on your forehead there.
Speaker 2: First to tell me that.
Speaker 1: Take it down and ash, Yeah, please relax.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: How come they're there before the combine? That's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: That's when the party happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it used to be that a lot.
Speaker 5: You can't like it used to be you couldn't like media members can't stay for the drills.
Speaker 2: It's still like that, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it might be.
Speaker 5: I don't know, because like there are a bunch of people I know that I would bet and I wonder if he's listening. But like somebody like Alec Lewis got their monday, Like I would bet, he leaves before the drill.
Speaker 2: He had to get their monday because he can't find anything, so he.
Speaker 5: Has yeah, correct the best. Hey, alec Lewis's next hawk is he there? Haven't seen him? Okay, he's trying to fight, he's trying to find the bullet.
Speaker 2: He's in Montreal and we're in Ireland, so he'll be here soon. Yeah, I love him. He's great. I think it has to do with that competition, committy stuff. Yeah, and the opportunity to kind of actually talk to each other and hang out before getting to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when the drill started, I think a lot of the media members go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk to Pete Bursis today, but yeah, seven forty, he'll be there, but he's live. I think we talked about either Monday or last week.
Speaker 5: PA's show was like one of the first shows to go. Yeah, nor do when I talked about that when I was on with them, it would be like them and like two other radio stations.
Speaker 1: Now it's a full on event.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, speaking of Alex Lewis not being able to find the booth on road trips, Chris, here's your I think, I mean, I know we've gone through this, but let's break this down a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 5: Here are your vikings road trips for twenty six right, Bears, Packers, Lions, Yeah, Saints. Yeah, and that's the one that's potentially in France, right, I mean the Saints are going to France, but yeah, potential.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 5: That that that one's necessarily the game that we're going to. So it's either in Paris or New Orleans.
Speaker 2: That's a win either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tampa, you go to Tampa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love going to Tampa. I like that stadium alone.
Speaker 1: What do you like around?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of there's a lot of things to do, especially if it's a I mean, if I had my druthers, I don't know what druthers are, by the way, I need to look that up. I always say that I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what it means.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not like racist or something.
Speaker 1: I don't think so good.
Speaker 2: If I have my brothers, it would be a Sunday night game, so i'd have a Saturday night just to kind of hang around Tampa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're a big you're a big fan of guitars. Correct, guitar? You love looking at guitars? Yeah, Like, do they have any big guitars in Tampa Bay area?
Speaker 2: Where there's one that glows you can see it from a long ways away?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Yeah, go check that out for you.
Speaker 2: I believe that it's not a guitar, but I believe there's a similar place that without the guitar in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, man, I missed that right down the street, down the street. I mean mean you go to the Jets at the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, that's that's that's fine. I like going there. And if again, if the next game is a night game, if it's not a noon game, you can actually go to New York City and spend some time Martin at the Patriots, that's always cool. I really will enjoy that. That's a fun stadium.
Speaker 1: And then at the Niners.
Speaker 5: And again, the Niners play in Mexico City, right, so that's another one that might be us. You are correct, So Mexico City in France still on the DOCA potentially.
Speaker 1: And I think we will find out in the next.
Speaker 5: At least I would think before the draft most of those will either the rumors will be correct and people will figure it out, or the NFL just come out and say it isn't the hot runner though, because the Vikes went back to back with Dublin and London last year, that Paris is probably not in the cards, but Mexico City wouldn't be, No nuts, what's the flight from Minneapolis to Mexico City dangerous?
Speaker 2: What's going on over there?
Speaker 5: He was pretending to type, I think he was pretending to google as Zach is actually googling.
Speaker 1: He has a he has a laptop. Oh, you can't complain about that computer. No, four and a half hours core, all right, that's not that bad at all hours.
Speaker 5: That's not that much further than going to San Francisco itself.
Speaker 2: Definitely not No, that.
Speaker 5: San Francisco for probably. Yeah, so it's almost almost the same flight.
Speaker 2: Look it up on your computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. What does it say so identical flight lengths? Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 7: By the way, Drother, a person's preference in a matter, So, I mean that's you.
Speaker 1: I had my druthers. I would prefer to be a writer.
Speaker 2: That I mean exhauceage brother do sucks brilliant. Yeah, that's kind of on the nose. I mean that says exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: I like your brother. Yeah, my brother is really nice. Yeah, man, I saw him at fleet Farm. Yeah, that that checks out. I'd brother loves fleet farm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he likes buying my tires, first tractor, horse feed, a fishing pole and a gun and some circus peanuts.
Speaker 5: It's just for crime he's about to commit. No, my brother loves and he sure does. He needs all those things too, leaves that talk.
Speaker 2: I don't hate him, I just don't need it except for what I'm working. I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually a lot going on in sports. We'll do Front Page Sports in a second, Parker Fox later, Pete Burstich Slater.
Speaker 1: It's the Power Trip Morning show on the Fan. Just like The Wild.
Speaker 5: We're back in action with another Wild Wednesday and your shot and tickets to the Wild versus Lightning on March third. Just use the iHeartRadio app to send us a talk back and tell us who lights the lamp for the Wild first when they take on Colorado tomorrow night. Get the full details a kafan dot com keyword contests.
Speaker 2: So I'm on the hunt right now, Corey, to find a full family tree with pictures of the Game of Thrones universe. Do I want to know, like which people wow, which people in the in the newest series are related to the people in the last series and related to people in the where the family tree went? Because I know, if I paid better attention, I would know that just by knowing the names and stuff like that. But I have a hard time with that, and it's been years and years and years since I started watching it.
Speaker 5: Yep, and some people have the same name, which is a little confusing as well. Right, and a lot of the names are pretty similar, so if you haven't watched the show in a while, they start to blend together and you go like, wait a minute, now, which one was that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Even in this new series, right, there's about fifteen guys that have a name that starts with that, That E or the ae bit or whatever, Arian Agony.
Speaker 1: Don't know who these people are, like the eggs, easy to keep track of, but it gets confusing.
Speaker 2: So Brathian, let's just go with that. Wasn't that the king in the very first episode of the Game of Thrones? Yeah, the guy who gets goored by the pig?
Speaker 1: He was a.
Speaker 5: Bathian, right, the Robert, Right, Robert, the big fat guy, a beard, Yeah, who was.
Speaker 2: Originally married to the lady who was getting on with their brother, right, right.
Speaker 1: With a beard who was getting it on with their brother Tommy's favorite scene.
Speaker 2: I'm right though, right?
Speaker 1: I think again, I think so right?
Speaker 2: I think he was a Barrathian. Then he is related to the guy who's laying beside the tree with Dunk at the end of Lionel So somehow, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's probably a grandfather or great uncle or something something like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of thing I'm wondering about though, Like, because all the blonde.
Speaker 1: Hairs are are are Targarians right right?
Speaker 2: And and h how about then the old lady says that to the little boy and the look on his face. Man, yep, that little boy's great.
Speaker 1: He's a fantastic actor. Man.
Speaker 5: In that scene when he's in the mirror, he can see that he's got the just just slight little blonde hairs coming back, and he just hates it.
Speaker 2: And he goes and gets the man and then his dad's there. The character, by the way, first of all, looks like Edgar Winter. I couldn't stop thinking that was Edgar Winter, Like, look at Edgar Winter acted. Good for you, buddy, play that guitar. Gosh, that's a great scene. Man, that's a good This season was great.
Speaker 1: Yep, great, yep.
Speaker 5: Just wish the pacing was better, but uh, yeah, man, it was definitely worth the wait. Yeah, and uh, the potential is off the charts.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna find us a map of all the families.
Speaker 1: Man, that's that's overwhelming.
Speaker 2: It would be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how the people. This is going to sound really dumb because it's basically reading comprehension. I didn't I hear how you read those books and keep track because you have no visual markers to help you remember it. How do you keep track of everybody?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In a book? Right?
Speaker 5: Well, again, very self aware. I just basically said, how do you read something and comprehended?
Speaker 1: I was not good at that.
Speaker 2: But but oh man, the reason all this came up is because I was just looking at an article. When they're laying by that tree, Barathian says to dunk Uh, he cusses, and he says something about the others and the books. The White Walkers are called the others, but in the TV show, the people who made Game of Thrones said, that's too vague. There are too many people in this show to just call him the others. We got to give him a better name than that. And so him saying the others when he's laying by the tree is a an allusion to allusion to the books. And it's the first time it's ever happened. There were a lot of nerds out there with.
Speaker 1: Others beat a nerd. We're watching Thrones like adults.
Speaker 2: First of all, beat it. Second all, explain this to me before you do. Yeah, because I don't know what's going on, But god, I love that show.
Speaker 1: Well that's it? How about that?
Speaker 5: Even that the timeline with the White Walkers, Like when did they start again?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I know Tommy's watched Thrones like fourteen times. I watched Thrones once and loved it, watched House of the Dragon once and loved it. Now I've watched Night of the Seven Kingdoms once and eventually loved it. But if you started even when you were like, tell me again, who Robert Barrathian is, I'm like, I think I know, but I don't even remember. It's now you're testing my memory from a show that was what ten years ago? Maybe when was season one a Game of Thrones? Something like ten years Maybe more than that.
Speaker 1: More than that, I would bet.
Speaker 5: Maybe fourteen, twenty fourteen, maybe no, maybe even earlier than that, maybe twelve, who knows, something like twenty twelve. Maybe I think it started. If only there was a website, we could look this up. Eleven twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember what I did yesterday, let alone an episode from fifteen years ago. The only thing that I really really remember from.
Speaker 5: The first episode of Game of Thrones is that a brother and sister are getting it on. The kid brand sees them doing it and he gets pushed out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched the first episode. I remember that stuff. Yep. Yeah, it's the end of the first episode.
Speaker 2: It would never been me because I wouldn't have crawled up the side of that building becase I'm afraid of heights. But I'd just said to dude, can I finish first before he throwed me to my death? Would you let me take care of my business here? I don't know that's your sister.
Speaker 5: Or even if he does, if little Chris Hockey, I'd be like, this is an option.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow. Future King of the Seven Kingdoms would basically be like, look, buddy, I don't judge how you're sitting here. It's safe with me. I'm so cool. I don't king shame. Nope, not me. And Jamie's like, you know this is my sister, righty?
Speaker 2: Hey man? Yeah, they look over at mean catch me watching. I'm like, yeah, give.
Speaker 1: Them the Robert Redford nod. Buddy, buddy, buddy. This is what we call a win wind. Yeah, yeah, keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't gonna tell him, buddy, if you're letting me what.
Speaker 1: I was just climbing this tower for cardio. But this is a nice little surprise.
Speaker 2: Let the ball watch all right.
Speaker 5: Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores get some cookies at holiday.
Speaker 5: You can also get to Coca Cola products those twenty ounce bottles of coke three for six fifty for a limited time, and you can mix and match any flavors or varieties of Coca Cola twenty ounce bottles that you want, like Diet Coke Zach three for six fifty with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks Holiday, we'll get some holidays. Thank you, Yeah, thank you. All right. Good news, bad news when it comes to basketball. The good news is the.
Speaker 5: Wolves did beat the Blazers one twenty four and had thirty four. Jayden had twenty nine. The Wolves have won four out of five, so yeah, the game on Sunday sucked. The effort, wasn't there. The Sixers random out of the gym.
Speaker 1: Ye, but they have one four out of five and they're fifth in the West and they're only a half a game out of third, which is why games like Sunday piss us off. It's what Marnie was talking about yesterday. It's it's right there for the taking.
Speaker 5: You can't lose to the sixers when they don't have in beat and Paul George out there.
Speaker 1: You gotta beat that team when it's this tight. If you didn't have anything to play for it, it's like then I don't really necessarily care. Let's just stay healthy. But when it is this tight, it does matter. Right, So fifth in the West, a half a game out of third. Up next at the Clippers Thursday at nine o'clock. Yeah, you gotta win.
Speaker 5: Like you just said, Cory, you gotta win games against these bad teams because the difference between the third and sixth seed is if you're the sixth seed, you would probably you'd go on the road for the first couple of games. If you're the third seed, you get to host the first two games of a playoff series. Don't That's way better than losing to these crappy teams that they always continue to do. And when they play the Clippers tomorrow they will be without two of their best players.
Speaker 1: You should beat them. Handily.
Speaker 5: The bad news is the Gopher era basketball team lost to number three Michigan seventy seven sixty seven, But they were twenty two and a half point dogs, so they covered.
Speaker 1: Weren't they down only like three or four in the first half?
Speaker 5: I think they were only down four at halftime thirty two to twenty eight, but only Again, this is the problem of the entire season. Only six players played for the Gophers, and the guy off the bench scored zero, so zero bench points for the Gophers. Cade Tyson again had to play all forty He scored twenty points five to ten from three. But I mean against bad teams, you're gonna get tired. Against really good teams, how the hell are you supposed to play forty minutes against the one of the best teams in the country. So they come up short again thirteen and fifteen. The Wolverines now sixteen and one in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: Forgive me. I know this is a dumb question. The normal people know, and especially if they're on a major market sports morning show. Why do we do we literally only have six people or are the only six people that he plays?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're short. I think it's only six He plays. Yeah, he only plays six. We're definitely short because of injury.
Speaker 5: Right, you're the one kid that the point guard that basically had a season ending injury, even like I think, right right, right when the season essentially started in one of their big guys, I think is hurt the Crocker Johnson's out as well, So I Cracker Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yes, his name is Cracker Johnson.
Speaker 1: Crocker Johnson.
Speaker 5: Okay, Betty's kid, Yeah, you Eddy Crocker.
Speaker 1: Then you're asking about Cracker Johnson. He would.
Speaker 2: Three games like that, Jersey, it just would Saint Johnson on the back hole. What is his name?
Speaker 1: Just Cracker?
Speaker 2: I won both names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do that better than Johnson. Crackers.
Speaker 2: Come on, Shields.
Speaker 1: Three games left for the Gophers. They have UCLA at one o'clock on Saturday, then they're at Indiana, Then they host Northwestern, then the Big Ten Tournament.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Man Selection Sunday, two weeks from Sunday. Man, it's right around the corner, the best sporting event of the year.
Speaker 1: The Gophers unfortunately, of course, will not be a.
Speaker 5: Part of that this year. But unless they win the Big Ten Tournament again, the Gophers will not be a part of that this year, but still, yeah, hell of a season though for how shorthanded they are.
Speaker 1: It's impossible to tell.
Speaker 5: But I think everybody around the program is like super happy with what Nico's doing. He just needs talent and he needs more players. You can't win with six players unless all of them are five star freaks that play it, dude, five exactly.
Speaker 1: You can't win with six, not on a consistent base. It sucks, man. Yeah, the NHL is back tonight. Eight games in the NHL.
Speaker 5: One of them is Colorado at u Utah, and that matters because the while they're back tomorrow at Colorado.
Speaker 7: Here we go, bout time, Here we go. It's been a while and very interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see him back to back, but they do him an extra day.
Speaker 7: Should be fun mile aft Moor night. We're here, Yeah tomorrow night. Oh yeah, get some wild yep.
Speaker 5: Oh god, what if that was one of the hosts of this radio station, like nine to noon with Cracker.
Speaker 2: You might as well just call it cake Cracker Crackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, said Hawk? Well or mass Yeah, do we know what.
Speaker 5: Max is like in Turkey or Dubai or India or he's all he's like going to four different spots.
Speaker 2: Went to Turkey first, so he's probably Turkey right now.
Speaker 5: Do we have I mean we always wonder when he goes on these giant excursions how safe he is.
Speaker 1: Have we had any content?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, but he always comes back. Yeah he does. He's a boomerang ye man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It doesn't even book a hotel, he just goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah he does. Sometimes he didn't have a return flight. I'm an underplanner. My wife's an overplanner. But I couldn't do what Max does when it comes to vacationing. Like I don't want a full itinerary every day. I want like I want the hotel in the flight, and I want like, hey, on Tuesday, we're going to blank, and then I want the rest of the day to be open. My wife wants, you know, every hour basically like we're gonna go here, we'll catch a buster there, we'll do this.
Speaker 1: That's too much for me.
Speaker 5: It's why I like Vegas, right, That's just I can get there and know where I'm staying, but then figure it out. Trump machines, but I definitely couldn't do I'm just going to buy a flight and then wing it.
Speaker 1: Nope, I don't know where I'm staying. I don't know where I'm going. I don't know a part of town I'm supposed to be in, Like that part would make me unbelievably anxious. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: He does that, right, he doesn't. Y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't do that either. Yeah, that's called bravery and confidence. Yeah I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Oh for two yes, roll with the punches man, right, yea.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do what really matters. We come back. I have some trivia for you guys. Oh hell yeah, group trivia that'll just basically test your memories.
Speaker 2: I sound something that would be very useful for those of you who care about such things. I found the timeline if it were reality, like this is BC, this is a D And I'll tell you when each TV show lines up on that timeline if it were reality. Oh yeah, yeah, sweet, so tell you how many times, how many years they are apart from each.
Speaker 1: Oh what really matters is next. This is the Power to Morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Corey, listen to this. So the little boy m hm in this but his house of Night of the Seven King. So he and his brother brothers, I should say, like a lore right and yeah, and Arian, I believe I could be wrong. I believe they are of the same generation. Do you remember the old blind Meister in the Night's Watch in Game of Thrones?
Speaker 1: Vaguely?
Speaker 2: Well, I believe they are of his generation. So that guy lived like forever, but he would have been the same generation of Egg. Yeah, I know, I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. That's okay, you guys like it. It is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's impeat to TV too, you know, I mean, you're you're you're not glad you live. You know, you don't wish you lived in that time, But I do wish that they would keep making the shows over and over and over again, just so I could watch them from my own joy.
Speaker 5: Well, this one is apparently, you know, fast tracked because they don't have a lot of CGI, they don't have a lot of dragons. It's on track for twenty seven, so it's supposed to be next year, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not going to be one of those we have to wait three years for season two, which makes sense. It's only six episodes.
Speaker 5: Season two is supposed to be the same thing, six episodes, thirty to forty minutes, not a lot of CGI. Let's go that's good, pay wrap it up, keep going, yeah, yep, this is this is a repeat take. But anybody that's really been into TV in the last twenty five years, right, let's start with the Sopranos, because the Sopranos was truly the start of quote, you know, the golden age of TV.
Speaker 1: Right, you are correct.
Speaker 5: But if you go back to the Sopranos and basically said, all right, now, TV's not messing around, We're taking this seriously from here on out, Episode five of this season of Night of the Seven Kingdoms is essentially cinematically as good as almost any movie.
Speaker 1: You've seen in the last couple of decades.
Speaker 5: Anyway, the way it shot acted, it looked like a Oscar Award winning film for what forty minutes? It was that good, right, Like if that movie, if that forty minutes had been drawn out for two hours and it was a part of a movie, that movie's in the conversation for the Oscar like it's that good. Yeah, but it's on TV just on a random Sunday night. It's like, yeah, I guess I'll watch an Oscar worthy forty minutes no big deal. Yeah, wow, but that's what TV is now. This is so cool, man, It's better than books. You don't have to read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Egg, Egg, if you go back way back, you know, he is basically of the line of Damon and Ranera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the great great grand kid or something.
Speaker 2: Right, So they got it on, and that would be their kids, that'd be their grandkids, that'd be their great grandkids, great great grandkids. He would be the great great great great grand kid of those two getting it on, even though I believe they were either cousins or brothers and sisters.
Speaker 1: Or from Indiana.
Speaker 2: How care you?
Speaker 1: What really matters is brought to you by Ovo, Lasick and lens Ovo.
Speaker 5: Lasick and lens go get Lasik from doctor David Whiteing or doctor Mark Lovanoff at Ovo, these guys are the best. Yeah, and Lasik's the best, all right, I said to group Trivia, and I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Look how quickly we forget?
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember this?
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember the twenty twenty six Winter Olympics like it was yesterday?
Speaker 5: They just ended on Sunday Group Trivia, I want one answer between the three of you, so you guys have to come to a consensus and we'll see how you guys do. How many gold medals did the US win? One answer? Talk it out?
Speaker 2: What didn't they win? Like twenty seven total? I thought it was like, do I do I remember twelve or thirteen or something like that.
Speaker 7: I remember eleven being the number one point, but that might have been before the hockey, right, so thirteen would make it?
Speaker 2: Might be right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thirteen, Yeah, thirteen, thirteen.
Speaker 5: This is an all time record for the US at the Winter Olympics, Zacho. They did have eleven before the men's hockey, so they finished with an all time record of twelve gold medals.
Speaker 1: That is a US record. That's obviously not the record record. That is a US record, Bono was twelve gold medals.
Speaker 5: How many overall medals did the US secure in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: I thought it was twenty seven at the end of it or before. I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Let's go with twenty seven. It's a good number.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven, is he right? Nope, thirty three. They finished with thirty three.
Speaker 5: What place did the US finish in the twenty twenty six medal count?
Speaker 1: I think it's second, I go third, second, I believe. So the final consensus answer is what what are you guys gonna go with?
Speaker 2: Let's go second?
Speaker 1: US? It was Norway, US Italy. I think you are correct. Nailed it Norway, US Italy. Norway had forty one medals, thirty three for the US, thirty for Italy, and golds went eighteen in Norway, twelve to the US, ten to Italy for Golds. There were ninety two countries that participated in the twenty twenty six Winter Olympics. How many of them got at least one medal? Even a brons just out of the ninety two? How many medaled?
Speaker 2: Meddling kids?
Speaker 1: Ninety two countries? How many get at least to the podium one time? Really good question? Twenty five? Is that too many?
Speaker 2: That'd be too little, wouldn't it?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 2: That many at least one medal?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Thirty five, Yeah, I mean yeah, thirty five, thirty five, thirty five.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys are not that far off.
Speaker 5: Twenty nine countries secured at least one medal.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, Well, good jobs.
Speaker 5: By the way, the thirty three medals for the US one shy of the record, which was set in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: What city, Salt Lakes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh geez, I was quick, Salt Lake City. All right, now try this one. This is the hard one. This is the one that is going to test your memory. We mentioned twelve gold medals for the US. Name the twelve gold medals. Let's see how many you can get.
Speaker 1: I'll name this one John Hockey.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, well, men's and women's. There's two ten. Didn't the Diggings lady win?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 7: No, the the what's her name? Schiffrinchf Yes, that's three?
Speaker 1: We had? Uh, we have any We had the figure skater, I thought.
Speaker 2: Uh, the speed skater, yeah, the speed skates.
Speaker 5: Jordan Stultz had two of them, the one thousand meter speed skate and the five hundred meter speed skates.
Speaker 1: So Stults had two. None of the curling one, right, well, silver Zach. I was looking for names, but I'll give you that. Women's figure skating Alyssa lou got one as well. So you guys have one, two, three, four or five? Do you have six? Damn?
Speaker 5: How quickly we forget or some of these? Maybe you just didn't care or hear about. That's possible too, Yeah, I mean, we must have a snowboarder, right, have we not?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I agree with them. I think we did.
Speaker 1: I don't know we did not? Ah, definitely non know that one skier? Oh, Lindsay Vaughan. Nope, how quickly we forget? I don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, some of these were gonna be tough. We had a golden mixed team for ski aerials. Can't blame me for missing that one. We had Alex Ferira for ski.
Speaker 1: Halfpipe one gold. Shout out to alex Alana Meyers.
Speaker 5: Taylor won for the Bob's led, the Mono Bob women's Monobob.
Speaker 1: But she was great. She was great.
Speaker 5: Elizabeth Lemley and moguls saw she would love to do the moguls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would. Breezy Johnson, the one that were uh got hurt. Brezzy Johnson in the US won the downhill skiing gold and the US also won with Team figure skating, right with quad God and oh yeah, chalk and Baits and all those people. So Team figure Skating was the other one. Twelve all right, last handful of Olympic trivia questions. Summer Olympics is two years from now what city? The twenty thirty Winter Olympics. What city France?
Speaker 5: French? Helps that counts? Twenty thirty two Summer Olympics. What city.
Speaker 1: Dallas? Man, that's a great question. I have idea, No.
Speaker 2: Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: How about I give you the initials and see if you can get it. Okay, b A.
Speaker 7: Christine Mail, Brisbane, Australia, Like, it's not going to go back to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Very well done, Brisbane, Australia. So that means the events will beyond here at like two am.
Speaker 2: How many ark attacks are they're going to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. Can you imagine the surfing in Australia. It's gonna be like you're gonna meddle if you just live.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then twenty thirty four Zacho like back in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Sweet, they're just kinda have a moment of silence for everybody who dies before they even start the events.
Speaker 1: Oh, spider bites.
Speaker 2: Some of you guys won't be here when we're done.
Speaker 1: I think that's where Boney's brother lives, Brisbane, Brisbane. Yeah. Yeah, everything in Australia can kill you, including the people.
Speaker 5: Yeah they seem yeah, they do seem dude, They've got was the fresh the salt water.
Speaker 7: Saltwater crocodiles. Jeez, those things are just gigantic huge. They're dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: They're dinosaurs, and they have spiders that can kill you, snakes that can kill you.
Speaker 7: I was watching a video like so they they were endangered, which I thought was a good thing. The Government of Australia did not like that, so they made they took steps to make it so they weren't in dangered anymore.
Speaker 1: Mission accomplished.
Speaker 7: But now nobody can swim in any water in like northern Australia now because go get your leg eating off.
Speaker 1: Yes you can go get your leg eating off. Crystal could do it. So like if you're in the.
Speaker 5: United States outside of Florida, which is basically Jurassic Park, if you're in every other state in the the Union, you could be like, all right, look, there's there's bears in those woods. I'm just going to stay out of the woods.
Speaker 1: Or if you're in California, all right, there's great white sharks in the water. I'm just gonna stay out of the water. In Australia, if you go in the water there's crocodiles, there's great white sharks, You're like, I.
Speaker 5: Gotta go back on land. Then there's poisonous snakes. There's crocodiles that can also follow you on land. There's spiders that can kill. There's no safe spots.
Speaker 7: The words there at the gym every they yeah, yep, yeah, scary, but I follow, I follow, lying Gil Martin on Instagram, the poker gah that we met once, calm down and yeah, every time she travels back to her home country, it looks lovely.
Speaker 1: Everybody looks like they're having the time of their lives. And I'm like, you're dodging deadly animals on a daily basis.
Speaker 7: We're all living like there's non tomorrow because there probably won't be for them.
Speaker 1: Well said, But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: You got that right, It was understated in what year? Do you guys believe? The first ever telecast of a National Hockey League game happened.
Speaker 1: At national telecast of a National Hockey League.
Speaker 2: River New York's W two XBS, the National Broadcasting Company's experimental station used to test TV technology.
Speaker 1: HM fifty five. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We we just recently, semi recently celebrated one hundred year anniversary of the NHL.
Speaker 1: Correct, So let's go, how long did it take to actually hit the airwaves, though, well, I think it was more of a technology, That's what I'm saying. So let's go, man, did they throw that on in the early fifties, I'll say fifty one. I'm going to say fifty nine.
Speaker 2: On this date, February twenty fifth, in the year nineteen forty.
Speaker 1: Wow, am I know?
Speaker 2: The first telecast and it was the Rangers versus the Canadians. The NHL TV broadcast came a year after the first televised Major League Baseball game, college football game, and pro football game. The first World Series game was televised in nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 1: Imagine going back to that first NHL game and somebody sit at home and their mind is blown because they're watching the Rangers play, and they're like sitting in Nebraska and they're like, I can't believe I get to watch this. Yeah, and you're like, just wait until Game of Thrones, buddy, just wait, hold on for more day.
Speaker 2: There's a real chance that people sitting in Omaha were seeing a sport they'd never heard of. Yes, you are correct, didn't know existed. Yep, what are they doing? Could I get some of that to ask for my drink whether southern.
Speaker 1: I guess ice. That's just the way they say ice. Oh, I know you said ask.
Speaker 2: For my dream be offensive to the Omahans.
Speaker 1: I'm not. They're sitting there in Omaha nineteen forty one. We just have to wait fifty more years until three eleven shows up.
Speaker 2: I wish I had my cell phone so I could take pictures of macouchie.
Speaker 7: Oh God, Paul, let the man finish the scene. I don't I don't think you mispronounced that one.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you did.
Speaker 5: Kuci is the name of the cou Oh oh, sorry, ma'am, sir.
Speaker 2: A cooucie. In your future times.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a cow, Paul in this scene? Where are you from? And when are you from?
Speaker 1: Me? Yeah? Because apparently you're confused about their culture. Are you not from Nebraska? No? When are you from the same year or in the future?
Speaker 5: No, from the future two thousand and fifty eight?
Speaker 1: Oh so hand you're from the future future even now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Fam, So what happens in the next would you say? Fifty eight? What happens in the next thirty two years? We finally get a new computer here?
Speaker 1: Okay, now I know you're lying, you're not in the future.
Speaker 2: It's new to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, it's gonna have Oregon Trail.
Speaker 5: Or importantly, Papa becomes officially Papa Popa.
Speaker 2: And what year do they stop teaching how to speak English?
Speaker 1: Hockey scrapas slowed down.
Speaker 5: So in twenty fifty eight, we have figured out how to time travel, and you traveled back to nineteen forty Nebraska to watch hockey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and chat with whoever this is Why are you there? Why'd you pick that year? Well, because they had a cow named Kouchie. I wanted to see. How would you have known that before you traveled back there? Because that cow.
Speaker 5: There's many cows in twenty fifty eight from long line of Cucci.
Speaker 2: Cowsians, Tanians. You call them many cows.
Speaker 1: Oh, many cows. I don't speak well. Obviously it's a sign of the future. I need to.
Speaker 2: Prevent this stuff from happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, please all right, So, ma'am, if you could just travel to Minnetaga in like nineteen eighty two and stop it from happening, that would be great.
Speaker 2: All right, it's gonna in the demon seed.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, he's into it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you guys. We called ku laid before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see name they changed, so it originally was demon seed. What does that mean, Sauce. Rule Number one of improv is yes. And you can't say that demon seed wasn't kool aid. You just have to say, of course it was. Let me have a glass, yes, and could you have me what flavors? What flavored demon seed would you like to.
Speaker 2: We used salt instead of sweetener?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Yes? And no, you can't say actual, you don't say yes, and you have to just embrace the concept of yes. And that sounds great. Hey, Sauce, why don't you see if she's available? How do we know what's a sheet? You're there? And also when you can look at her, is it so unknowable from four feet away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Really like Marla hooch? Oh boy, we invented?
Speaker 7: Can you go back in time and get Hawk's money back from classes?
Speaker 5: You know how they you know how they figure out the gender of an alligator?
Speaker 1: Correct? Isn't it on the inside that counts? Thank you Take one for the team.
Speaker 5: Just wash your hands when you're done talking so quietly or coucie popa.
Speaker 1: This show devolved quickly more of what really matters after this power tip monting you on the fan.
Speaker 7: All Ron kfa N welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Leonard Skinner and Foreigner will be there sixteenth and Motley cur will be there August twenty first, Motley Crue. Get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on our concert page of kafan dot com.
Speaker 2: Keyword calendar Hello, okay, Hello matcha hi, Hello who by ja The Wolves won they were excited about it.
Speaker 8: Comes to big court grant. We'll run into a three and he hits it at the buzzers, so the final score will be one twenty four to one twenty one. Timberwolves pick up the win to begin in the road trip. They've beating the Blazers for the third straight time this season. They have now won nine of the last eleven meetings against Portland. Now they put some pressure on the La Lakers. They have a chance to move into the five spot the Western Conference standings with a Laker lost tonight to Orlando. Four one is the final.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks dude, that's our buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alan Horden's this is great, great dude, all right, let's do more of what really matters, We'll learn more about other stuff that has nothing to do with professional amateur athletics and will go on with their day. You get that, right, boot be So the men's hockey game Sunday morning right here? Well, no, it was not was it was it on the fan? It was not on the fan? Right, No, the Wolves Wolves were on the fan Sunday afternoon tip off seven A. Yeah, exactly up against the Olympic goal. On TV, though, men's hockey averaged twenty point seven million, peaking at twenty six million, making it the most watched sporting event in US history to start before eight am. Well, it's a very.
Speaker 5: Specific best of, but technically most watched US sporting event ever that starts before eight in the morning. Now, this is probably a question Zacho knows the answer to. Is that just TV viewers? Does that also count people who watch it on peacock?
Speaker 1: Okay? It peaked at twenty six on peacocks. Okay, okay, yeah, sweet.
Speaker 5: Twenty six million felt a crazy didn't it feel like more than that? It feels if you were up and watching it and paying attention on social media.
Speaker 1: It felt like the It felt like the Super Bowl. It felt like the entire country was watching it like Tiger Man. Yeah right, it's like Tiger King, sure because every because everybody that was watching it was so into it. Yeah, that it felt bigger than it actually was. Just twenty six millions a lot of people. Yeah, that is a super Bowl is what one hundred and one hundred and ten, one hundred and twenty. But man, it felt like a Super Bowl audience in the moment. But nowhere near and.
Speaker 7: Eight am Eastern is five am Pacific, and that's an even that's a tougher ask.
Speaker 1: And that's a good point. So had that game been any later, I wouldn't die.
Speaker 7: I would have gone over a thirty plus, which is massive obviously for hockey.
Speaker 1: So that's sweet. Well, what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: I just sent you guys a picture of a book I saw at the bookstore at the Pittsburgh Airport by the way, the new book from a author by the name of Sophie Hannah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah something that.
Speaker 2: The book is called no one would do what the Lamberts have done.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a real book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's no one would the Lambert Story of raising Paul Lambert. No one would do it these days I wonder if it's good. Belie.
Speaker 1: Did you buy it?
Speaker 2: No, I thought about it. You should, I know, I owned too many books I haven't read yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you care?
Speaker 2: Are you right? I don't care?
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, I'm doing that stuff. It was on this date in what year you guys already saw in never mind, they were over here looking over my shoulder in nineteen eighty seven. On this date, February twenty fifth, the NCAA suspended the Southern Methodist University football program. They gave it the death penalty. Still, the sanctions are the most severe ever levied by the nc DOUBLE against the major college football program. The NCAA also significantly reduced a number of football scholarships SMU could offer the next two seasons, and banded from playing home games for the nineteen eighty eight season. You heard what I said, banded from playing home games for the nineteen eight eight eighty eighties.
Speaker 5: They were tating, Yeah, they should have done it to Penn State. Absolutely they didn't because it's their they're cowards and there's too much money. But they definitely should have done it to PENNSA Stard's epathetically. I think the sanctions they gave to Penn State about two years later, they just lifted them.
Speaker 1: I think that's what happened. Yeah, no big deal, No big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, former Vikings general manager at Quasiodo Fa Mensa back in the NFL, rejoining the forty nine Ers front office as a personnel executive. Now here's the part that people were cracking jokes about last night.
Speaker 1: Maybe you saw this.
Speaker 5: He won't get his official title until after the draft.
Speaker 1: True story. Yeah, think about that.
Speaker 5: I think the Niners are very smart to wait to give him a title until after the draft, yep, because they might regret it if it's before he's forty four years older. He was with the Niners from twenty thirteen through twenty nineteen, and spent spent a couple of seasons with the Browns through twenty one, and then it was the Vikings GM just a month or so.
Speaker 1: Ago whatever it was. So anyway, back in the NFL and back with the Niners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yep. We'll have some audio and Pete bursag a little bit later from Indianapolis where they're doing workouts. Your physicals, what do you.
Speaker 1: Call measuring men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, what really matters is this it's raining men, hallelujah.
Speaker 2: It was on the state of what year? Do you believe the young Muhammad Ali knocked out sunny liston the first first world title.
Speaker 5: Seventy one, Oh man, I have sixty eight sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Joe Lewis called it the biggest upset in the history. On this date, Februar twenty fifth. In nineteen sixty four, twenty two year old cash Is Clay knocked out sunny liston to become the heavyweight world champion. Pretty cool, yeah, man, fleet footed, loquacious, youngster.
Speaker 5: Think about this for a second when you say sixty four, yeah, think about this.
Speaker 1: This is true. Rosan's wearing the same clothes.
Speaker 5: Now as he was when Cashu's Clay knocked out Sonny.
Speaker 1: Listen, do you think he was mad? That's according to him.
Speaker 5: There were too many I can't say the word preliminary, preliminary. Fans say it again, preliminary fights, spell it pr no idea pr pr.
Speaker 1: No p.
Speaker 5: Erliminary, preliminary, prelimined, pr E liminary, seliminary l I M A R.
Speaker 1: Going to the moary perliminary. I don't know, man, pre per limitary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, if you think about the meaning of the word, it means before, so pre thank you.
Speaker 1: Good start, liminary, preliminary, there you go.
Speaker 5: Do you think he was meant that there were too many preliminary fights?
Speaker 1: He sounded so much.
Speaker 2: Like a teacher. Every moment's a teaching opportunity.
Speaker 5: I mean he's always kind of you know. Yeah, he got real close one time the same what he actually meant.
Speaker 1: You're still.
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 2: But I still feel.
Speaker 1: Bad about literally almost grabbed his bag and left it.
Speaker 2: If I told him, I would have just stood up put my coat on. You guys have walked out out of.
Speaker 6: Here optimistic, like no one would do with the Amberts have done nobody they wouldn't Sophie Hannah, New York Times best selling author.
Speaker 2: In fact, the first line of the book is a quote from the father in the story We'll just call him jeff He says to the doctor, I know he's too but is it too late to ye?
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: I won't tell you what.
Speaker 1: Jesus can I read an excerpt from the first chapter, Yes, of course, A young lawyer named Jeffrey pointed and said, Paul, look over there. As he sprinted towards the car, a young Paul said, look over, where.
Speaker 5: As he turned his parents were piling into ale and driving away at the speed of light. Oh oh man, if only it's not funny to abandon kids, But some times it makes sense.
Speaker 2: That time it would have.
Speaker 5: Been Yeah, that time, the judge would have been like, we get it, we get it, we get it, probation, but just let's not have it happen again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep an eye on kel, keep an eye on Dove, but we get it. Yeah, we get it. Just to make get less obvious next time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you guys a picture, but you got to promise to God you'll never tell anybody.
Speaker 1: My God, what's happening? Is it more your butt cracked cleaving?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't even understand what the context is going to be here. No, I can't even imagine what what I just said.
Speaker 2: It's the picture that accompanies the very first line of the book.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, No, I don't google that on your phone. And I got to make sure there's no camera over my shoulder. You're not on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys should have it now.
Speaker 1: It won't open up, Yeah, it won't come o God, Yeah, I want to work on my phone. Yeah, no, I got it.
Speaker 5: I got it, Yes, for sure. O, my god, that's exactly how he was standing.
Speaker 1: I guess. Oh yeah, I mean yeah, the whole town.
Speaker 2: Oh your liver, first of all, that's plus, my god. Let's get my coat?
Speaker 1: Oh my return, where's your coat? Yeah? But why are you there.
Speaker 5: The floor?
Speaker 1: The Wolves did beat the Blazers one. They won, they've won four out of five. What really matters is this, We.
Speaker 2: Get that, right, buddy? Mm hmm, okay, I'm sorry. The butt plug was past I mean well, hold on, start over. The butt plug was patented in eighteen ninety two by doctor Frank Young teen ninety two. That's right. Patented this is true by doctor Frank Young as a rect old dilator and was intended to treat constipation and insanity.
Speaker 5: Almost everything back then that's completely aft up was like, this person's nuts, let's shove something in them.
Speaker 2: Yes, this person's nuts, and this person's buttle.
Speaker 5: Way, this person seems to be crazy. Let's take the front part of their brain out. Maybe that'll help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this person won't quite, so.
Speaker 1: Let's give them corn cork. You were going to say corn flakes. That's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, do people actually just buy corn flakes?
Speaker 2: They must do them, They wouldn't just make them and leave them sit there.
Speaker 1: Does anybody buy cereal anymore? Cheerios protein all the time, but like love cereal? Yeah, same cheerious yesterday, it's back in the rotation. Yeah, outstanding, it's the goat. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love eating cereal, but I'm wooten tooting, man.
Speaker 1: You're wooten. Yeah, I just I like it with Kemp's milk, Sam, Yeah, Kemp's milk. Oh.
Speaker 2: You see these old rectal dilators.
Speaker 1: My god, I go to google that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should have watched them before they put them in the museum.
Speaker 7: Oh now they're called anal dilators. Oh oh wait, now that's just from the website Intimate Rose.
Speaker 2: Some say, love.
Speaker 1: What what does that pro?
Speaker 2: The Rose?
Speaker 1: Is that a movie? Family?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 7: They're singing in the song there in the car and the whole family sings that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's from the movie The Rose by Bette Midler.
Speaker 7: Some say, pull your hands out, Bette Midler one billion person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, man, I'd go to this museum.
Speaker 1: Every tell you.
Speaker 5: I played softball with Bett Midler and then I actually like rounded third and just she was playing catcher and I just ran right into her. I like trucked her and knocked her out of a play called.
Speaker 1: What's the name of that play? He's not coming into on a journey from Milan to Minsk. He's not coming in today.
Speaker 5: Oh it was called Rochelle, Rochelle the musical Who's not coming in Rosie?
Speaker 1: Oh? Then never mind, that's just from Seinfeld. The news is next.
Speaker 2: Can I read you this real quick? Is this about butt plug? Yeah? Listen. In eighteen ninety three medical news editorial noted that doctor Young himself, writing in another journal of which he was the editor, praised no dilation as a cure for insanity, claiming that at least three fourths of all the howling maniacs in the world. That's how it's.
Speaker 7: Written for the howleen. Yes, they're playing the first avenue.
Speaker 2: That's a great band name. Somebody give me a buttlug. We got a halling mediac just forgure that Bursa would be on a little bit.
Speaker 1: He would listen to them.
Speaker 2: We're curable in a few weeks time, with the application of what he called or official method methods. Whoa yeah, why then in the name of pitying kindness. Why dale do these men not apply the dilators each to himself or to each other? We very much fear all this imbecility may rest upon a semi pathological basis, and that craft Ebbing may have a new chapter to write concerning sidamic perversion in his work upon sexual psychopathy.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, hey, think so that sounds insane?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Obviously, it's it's.
Speaker 5: How we can look back and go, all right, the science was terrible, but it was somebody taking a shot at it.
Speaker 1: The funniest part of that to me is the three out of four. Yeah, it's not just that I think this butt plug works.
Speaker 5: That means out of everybody they tested after a couple of weeks before we're in this anal dilator, rectal dilator, one of these Halley maniacs would be would be like, actually has been kind of fun the last couple of weeks having this thing, and you'd.
Speaker 1: Go, we got one put on the board, all right. The last four guys, three of them have said they're in a way better spot now. So this thing is a thirty or seventy five percent three out of four, we're killing it. Mark it down and somebody kept track, yeah and said three out of four. Unless they're just making it three out of four.
Speaker 7: You know what, Like the nine of the ten dentists recommend taste.
Speaker 1: You probably already said this.
Speaker 7: Did you read the like the brand name for these things go on doctor Young's Ideal rectal dilators.
Speaker 1: Oh, they got ideal. They came and.
Speaker 7: Sets a four quote unquote torpedo like, yeah, you husled to see him hard rubber.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Instruments varying in diameter from a half inch to an inch. Oh my, that's a four, and in length from three to four inches.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: You turned me into a howling maniac. Shove an inch and a half. Yeah, we just got a text.
Speaker 1: Let's let's play a game. Who texted this? Don't worry, Flank, I'm a howling maniac.
Speaker 2: That's a great experience.
Speaker 5: He'll be here tomorrow, Yes you will. The news is next to the Power Trip Morning Jo on the Fan