Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. The phone number eight four to four Mojoe Live eight four four sixty six five six five four eight. Text is nine five five zero zero. If by chance you hear anything on the show today that says to you, hey, you know what, I should call in and tell a story or I've got something that relates to it, text nine five five zero zero with just the words call me, and Lydia will and she will get you on the show and then it will be really easy for us to be able to have your voice heard. And please tell us if you're a first time long time. So I was mentioning how last week we were off and last week Bianca, Lydia and Anna all with myself. We're down in Florida visiting my son, Joe and Jed and Ashley, the guys from The Joe Show. And last week also was for those that are Catholic, it was the start of Lent. It was ash Wednesday, which, by the way, we missed Fat Tuesday. They don't celebrate Fat Tuesday. Yes they do with no with Poosky's in Florida. Kay, Yeah, they don't do. They don't do. Actually, you know what's funny is when I grew up in Chicago, that was a big I think it's a big Polish thing or something.
Speaker 2: Did they celebrate with like tans or no?
Speaker 1: Do you know what, I don't know what they do. I think that they it's too fattening for them to have Poonski's. Did you guys have a pooski last week?
Speaker 2: I did it. They were all along, shut out, de girls.
Speaker 3: You don't like pooch, I don't like filled donuts?
Speaker 2: What I know? Wow, Mojo, there was zero Pooski's in the studio because yeah, well, I mean what about the other morning shows there was zero.
Speaker 3: Has probably had boxes of them in the studio.
Speaker 2: Zero in this building really, first time in like five years. Well, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow we're going to redo, we'll relive, We'll we'll have a double fat Tuesday tomorrow and a good point. Let's let's uh, let's see if we can get the ham Trammick bakers to bring them by to us. So, uh, last week was also ash Wednesday, and you know, because we got the super Catholics on the show and byonca. Oh yeah, these guys they practically are, you know, part of the Vatican for God's sakes. They they love Catholicism and they love their Catholic faith, which is wonderful. I went to twelve years of Catholic school, and I can tell you this, I don't think I've been to church as much as these guys have been in my years on this planet. Well, Lydia and Bianca made me feel like a little bit, I guess, like a heathen because they, on a vacation, were even gonna go and get ashes on ash wed Like, honestly, I was going to just go to the beach and get sand. That's what I was gonna do something. And I actually, you know what I was gonna do. I was gonna not eat meat, which is a big deal for me. Look at me, I'm a fat man. So I decided that I would go with them. They said that they were going to go to ash Wednesday service, which Anna, you were going to, right?
Speaker 2: Did you end up going?
Speaker 4: I did not?
Speaker 1: You did not, Okay, which, by the way, you are Catholic, aren't you.
Speaker 4: I was raised Catholic.
Speaker 5: Yes, you don't have to be not only Catholic. The people celebrate Lent.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, but we oh really, I was going to say Wes went and got his ashes at an Episcopal church.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe in church it's it's Christian churches like what Lutheran, Episcopal, Catholic.
Speaker 2: I think even the Presbyterians do it, do they? Okay? And the Pescatarians. But Pescatarians are always observing.
Speaker 6: No me.
Speaker 1: So the girl said, hey, we're going to go get ashes. Can you we look up exactly like where to go? So I actually did for them. I looked up, and I looked up that there was a church that was not that far from the hotel that they were staying at, and it had a four o'clock service and as seven o'clock service. So I had golfed that day and I came off golf course exhausted, and I text them and said, okay, I'll meet you guys at the at the four o'clock service. Am I echoing back at myself, No, you're okay, because I can hear myself to myself. But that's okay. Maybe that's God speaking to me. Maybe that's the Lord going Thomas, you are a heathen. So I laid down for a second, only to wake up at five minutes to four o'clock. Well, the service was at four o'clock and I wake up to a text message, and the text message says, Mojo are you here at church? Which, by the way, I love the way Bianca does her texting because it's.
Speaker 2: M O j O R space you here at church?
Speaker 1: And I answer back, Oh my god, I just woke up.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, and get me some ashes. Get me. I don't have to go.
Speaker 4: You'd be surprised. You see our videos.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to be a priest or, a pastor who puts them on you or you your something.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought to Shannon.
Speaker 2: They got it to go box of they did put in They put it in a baggie. Why did you like a what is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was literally said you can't attend.
Speaker 3: I saw the video and I didn't think those were real as I thought it was like.
Speaker 4: Not even just that. It was Jed putting them on for head saying simba okay.
Speaker 2: No, hold on, where's wait? Wait wait, where is the audio? That is it in? Uh senter to you and okay, hold on a second. This is just cutting you and Shannon, So me.
Speaker 1: And Shannon, let me see here now, Yes, I got this oh yeah, here it is here.
Speaker 2: Hold on, here, here it is right here. Hold hold on, ready, held on. He don't cass He's so real, right, Jed?
Speaker 4: He does swear this is my video.
Speaker 2: Hold o. Yeah, I'll stop it right there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Jad was doing it and Jed, by the way, is a proud Catholic. He went to Notre Dame Prep High School. But before that, what's the what's the parish that he was he belonged to in Clarkston, I forget what it was. They're very very Everest. He went to Everest Academy too, so that's a big one. Yeah. So so he did it. So he asked us, which was that? But how did you guys ask?
Speaker 6: I'd also like to preface that we're doing this outside of a restaurant, and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us doing this and judging us.
Speaker 1: Believe what did the priest or the person at the ash Wednesday service at Saint Germain's say nothing?
Speaker 4: He's like, you want ashes?
Speaker 2: And I'm like yeah, He's like, all right, here you go.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They must honestly, that must be a common thing, because you might have a grandma or somebody that can't get it out or something.
Speaker 5: They should go there. If it's a nursing home, they should go there. Ye can't throw it in a zip lock.
Speaker 3: What are the ashes from the palms from them?
Speaker 2: See that.
Speaker 5: The body of Catholics them.
Speaker 4: I went to Catholic school for twelve years.
Speaker 2: I know you did. You went to what school?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 4: Our Lady of the Lakes and Waterford?
Speaker 2: So I see that, Anna, you're you know what.
Speaker 1: I know that you're not practicing now, but you remember things that I don't even remember. But yeah, it's the palms from Palm Sunday.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 5: So okay, so real quick, definitely go get into your topic. But that you get palms on Palm Sunday, right, because that's how we used to do at our church. You take them home with you, you have to bring them back and then burn them or.
Speaker 3: Like how do they do they burn the extras?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the extra palms.
Speaker 1: I think that they do it all they matter of fact, they probably do. They have Does the churches have like because they know that they have. When I was a Catholic, uh you know, uh Altar boy, we used to have to set up for Mass and there was like boxes we would empty from shipments from ups that would come and they were boxes of like the host and everything like that that would come pre blessed by the priest. But I wonder if they have boxes of ashes that come to the church, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, anything on Amazon asses from that.
Speaker 1: I guess you gotta bless them, you know. Yeah, Jeff Bezos should not be bringing my a But I want to ask the question. I guess this was the topic that I wanted to get into. But I don't know if anybody will call with this, or they'll just call and explain to us the ashes and how the church gets it. But what's the thing that you slept through that you feel so horrible about or maybe you got in trouble sleeping through Because I ain't gonna lie. I've overslept or slept through a lot of things. The worst is sleeping through church. And it's a big moment that I know was meaning a lot to you know, Lydia and Bianca especially.
Speaker 5: Man I slept one time my friend Ashley. I was trying to date this girl named Ashley. She lived in Michigan. She moved to New York. Went to New York to see her, had a fun time, great time. She was coming back home and I was tasked because I volunteered. That's the worst part too. I wasn't even asked. I volunteered to pick her up from the airport. And she like, Kevin, do.
Speaker 2: Not miss it. It's at eight poin forty. I'm like, dog, I'm not gonna miss it. You kidding me. I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 5: I get off work, had a long day, went home, laid on the couch, was like, ah, it's early.
Speaker 2: It's like four o'clock. Like, there's no way I'll sleep.
Speaker 5: I woke up. It was like nine to fifty. I had like twenty misscalls talked to me for like a year. At one time, slept through traffic court I had. I had taken the day off because I had to go to traffic court, which I hate traffic court. And this was years ago, this might have been twenty some years ago, and so I actually had to wake up and go to traffic court at seven o'clock. Mind you, I wake up at three point thirty every morning with no problem. I ended up waking up at about five till seven. Because nobody thought that I was supposed to even go to work that day. They thought I was just taking off and I ended up missing the traffic court. I got in such huge trouble because I was not there. I had to come up with some kind of lie, but that you lie, I had listen.
Speaker 1: I almost lied to Beyonca on Lydia and then I realized, but I did I lied to I ended up saying that I woke up with the stomach flu and you know, didn't want to get to the judge and you know, any kind of an illness situation. But Darlene wants to explain to us the ashes.
Speaker 8: What's going on, Darlene, Ah, Yes, the ashes are from the year before, and the poems that you hit the year before from that you bring in and they end up burning those and using those for the next ash Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: So you bring your ashes back and then bring your palms back, yep.
Speaker 9: And then they end up burning that and that's what they use for the ash wends.
Speaker 3: I mean, I grew up Catholic too, and I don't ever remember bringing our palms back. My grandma would make them into like little crosses and we keep them on like a picture frame or something, and do it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: She said, that's what my mom always used to say. I don't know, maybe it's the extra ones from last year, but you know, my mom always used to tell me that there was the poems from previous year.
Speaker 5: You know, parents be lying, We've been saying anything in our kids, Darlene, what's the biggest what's the biggest thing that you ever slept through?
Speaker 2: You ever sleep through anything?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: Gosh, you know, I'm pretty punctual, and I don't and like as soon as I hear something. I'm just one of those people that I hear everything. So actually I wish I would sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Should never say that out loud because now you just put it in the universe and you're gonna be late for work tomorrow. It's awful when that doesn't happen to you. What's up, Jess, how you.
Speaker 2: Doing time on?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's going on? Would you sleep through?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 11: Was my husband? Actually we were. I was in one of my best friends from my school wedding in Florida and I was a bridemaid, so I went in early. My husband slept through the wedding and a million phone calls from me because my bridemaids dressed the zipper had ripped open on the back and I needed a replacement dress. Well, he slipped through the wedding, so I had to kind of wrap a shirt around my back and walk down the aisle with my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, what time was the wedding? I'm sorry, what time was the wedding?
Speaker 11: It was like he had gotten really drunk the night before. It was like a four o'clock wedding.
Speaker 1: A four o'clock There's a difference between sleeping through and passing out, and I think he passed out.
Speaker 11: It was just kind of an emergency.
Speaker 1: But that's wild the wedding. The weddings are are big ones. A lot of people will end up falling asleep or sleeping through what they have to go. Could you imagine if you were the bridesmaid falling asleep and not getting to the wedding on time, your bride would be pissed. Kristin, what's going on? Kristin?
Speaker 7: Hi? So this was probably my second time, but I didn't get a first time long time. So I'm actually I take care of my two year old grandson and I was gonna start the dishes and turned on the sink to fill the sink to wash the dishes. And then he was crying. I put him up to bed and it was like, ooh, be super quiet. So I laid down in my bed, fell asleep forty five minutes, walked, woke up to the sound of a waterfall. No, but then I realized where I was and it was dripping into my basement and we are staying at my aunt's house and it is my aunt's house.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's that's the worst. Like I always worry that if I ever wanted to take a bath, which, by the way, the picture of me in a bathtub is probably not.
Speaker 2: The best thing ever.
Speaker 1: But I always think them I'm gonna die because I get so relaxed in the bath I would fall asleep and.
Speaker 2: Be like a Whitney Houston moment. I don't want that. What's going on? How you doing LORII? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing good? How are you?
Speaker 2: We're doing all right? What's happening?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Not much. I'm getting a liver transplant into two and a half.
Speaker 1: Weeks just for fun or what?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yes, I've been on the list for five years and I'm getting one.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Do we know who the person is? Is it somebody that might listen to the show.
Speaker 6: They are staying anonymous.
Speaker 2: Wow, would you want to meet them? I would.
Speaker 6: I wrote them a thank you note?
Speaker 2: So they did they respond back to you on the thank you note?
Speaker 6: Not yet, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: That's going on.
Speaker 6: So I have been through so many tests in the last five years. I had to have an MRI, and you know how loud they are and you have to hold your breath and they tell you breathe.
Speaker 7: Hold.
Speaker 2: Look, I fell asleep.
Speaker 6: Having an MRI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I usually do too.
Speaker 6: Well. I know they're telling me to breathe and that, and they're loud, and I just felt sleeping there. You need to wake up.
Speaker 1: They want you to breathe in at points and that usually it's if it's not a person talking to you directly, it's an it's a recording and it's so loud and obnoxious that if you're like, you know what I mean, like they break out stuff like that. But I have to tell you, I tell you that's a good thing that you can fall asleep in an MRI, because a lot of people get claustrophobic and can't even go in it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I just shut my eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let us know how everything goes with your transplant.
Speaker 6: And by the way, this thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the first time that I've ever heard anybody on this show say shout out to new livers.
Speaker 2: You don't know what I'm saying. We need them. Where did you fall asleep? Bag In?
Speaker 12: I was in labor with my son.
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Does that happen?
Speaker 8: So my son.
Speaker 12: I was forty one weeks when I had my son. So my labor was induced. And I mean, I'm not sure if like you've known anybody that's been like induced, but it's kind of a process and I would in labor probably for about six hours. At that point, I had an epidural because I'm I can't I couldn't even handle it. But I had an epidural and I fell asleep. I took a nap and everything. They woke me up and yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow wouldn't that be amazing?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: You fall asleep and the babies there and you don't have to worry about pushing.
Speaker 7: Oh you would think. So I had to have a c section.
Speaker 12: So oh wow, that would have been way easier.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Shout out new babies, Carlos.
Speaker 2: What did you sleep.
Speaker 13: Through my my graduation.
Speaker 4: Graduation ceremony for his graduation.
Speaker 2: What did you say? Speak again? I couldn't understand you.
Speaker 13: Carlos, my graduates, my graduates ceremony for you.
Speaker 2: With your own graduation. That is it? We use it.
Speaker 1: That's a typical high school kid, though, you know what I mean, Like you're tired from the night before or something.
Speaker 7: Right, It wasn't. It wasn't that.
Speaker 13: I was like I was at working. I was at work and I forgot. I forgot what tomorrow, Oh, graduation.
Speaker 1: You actually slept during the graduation, but you forgot to actually go to the graduation.
Speaker 13: They they called me and say, Mari, I'm like, I'm not home wine, and like you know what, I really, really really and like yes, that's today.
Speaker 2: Wow, shout out to you for graduating.
Speaker 1: Congrat We have to do a redo for him for his graduation, Amanda, what'd you sleep through?
Speaker 10: Well, my husband went to jail, and I decided to go home and stay up till I had to go pick him up at like seven o'clock in the morning. I ended up falling asleep at the dining room table, and he ended up having to stay at jail longer than he was.
Speaker 2: I he was so mad at me for making him.
Speaker 10: Stay there longer than he is I that was our first wedding anniversary as well.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, he thought you weren't coming to get him this lady.
Speaker 7: He went a long way.
Speaker 10: He went down the wrong way, down and Pontiac check it out of fund. I got pulled over and he ended up gett pulled over. He went to jail. His starts try to take me home because I couldn't eye.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, why could you not drive? What was going on?
Speaker 7: I blew over? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was a party alight, That's why he was late. He was drunk, his hair passed out on that table.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Have a great morning. We'll see uh your tal