Speaker 1: Marcus in the morning, and we're back with second date update and Mark is patiently waiting to get on the air. Mark, good morning, Good morning, hey man. So let me see if I can help you out. I want to hear about this date. Her name is Alyssa, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, and you.
Speaker 1: Guys met online and then was in San Jose. So run me through it. What'd you do on your first date? Because I understand she has ghosted, so let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, like you said, we went on our first date in San Jose. You know, we went out for drinks and turned into appetizers and then you know, I thought everything was going good. You know, she was sharp and funny and like really direct, which I kind of like, right. I was genuinely surprised, honestly when she just stopped texting me the next day, stop responding altogether.
Speaker 3: Okay, so like nothing, not a slow place. She's just gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're going to call her, obviously, and we will have you on mute so you can listen in, but I'll ask her about the date.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, ultimately I want to get you a second date. That's the goal.
Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning and middle of second date update as always when we do. At this time, Mark is holding Mark, go ahead and mute your phone, just a reminder because we're about to call a listen and see what's up.
Speaker 4: Muting that.
Speaker 3: There we go, poor Mark, I'd ghosted on. Let see if we can get some answers. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this is this Alyssa?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: This is her Melissa Marcus calling from start one on one three. Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Oh my goodness? I I listen to your show every single morning. Oh my gosh, I can bet you I know what this is about.
Speaker 3: Tell me, Okay, is.
Speaker 2: Mark on the line? Please please tell me because he that second day up?
Speaker 3: It is your favorite and you couldn't wait to get on.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, okay, Mark?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: I am here.
Speaker 3: All right, we're all here and we know why we're here.
Speaker 4: So listen.
Speaker 3: Did you ghost on your date with over here?
Speaker 2: I most definitely did, and I would love to explain why.
Speaker 3: Please? So should I sit down?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe takes Maybe maybe you should too? Mark?
Speaker 3: Okay or okay?
Speaker 2: So you know the date? Like he's like, we're going fine, until I got up to go to the bathroom. And when I came back, Mark was sitting at the bar scrolling on his phone. And I didn't think much of this. I was like, okay, whatever, we all do that. Yeah, yeah, super comment. But then I liked and I was realized that he was clearly looking at Tender and I looked closer and then saw that he was like Hinju was on his phone too.
Speaker 3: Mark, were you scrolling two dating apps whilst on your date?
Speaker 4: I mean she was in the bathroom, so it's not like, you know, we were sitting down and I was ignoring her and scrolling on Tinder or anything. She went to the bathroom and I just pulled out my phone. That's what people do.
Speaker 2: No, No, they're dating apps. You were on a date, You were not. You're looking at notimptations or messages. You were like full on scrolling. And I was only gone for like two minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you went to the bathroom, so the date was on pause and I pulled out my phone. I wasn't on the date at that time. I was sitting there by myself. Should I not look at my phone and just sit there with my hands folded waiting for you to come out from the bathroom. I'm not allowed to look at my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but doesn't that kind of take you away from your current situation?
Speaker 3: Like robs you the ability to be present.
Speaker 4: I was present the entire time that she was there. She was not there, she was in the bathroom. Should she not use the bathroom so that she could be present during the whole date? Like, this is not making sense to me. I don't get it. What's the issue?
Speaker 3: Apparently, Alyssa, you shouldn't have gone to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, excuse me. I so, like, what were you doing? Just just you just want to keep your options open.
Speaker 4: I mean, nowadays you gotta savor every moment type of deal. You gotta keep up with the times, and you never know what's going to happen. So yeah, you gotta maximize your time. Everybody does it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Everyone does not do that, and if they do, they're bad at dating. I don't care if you've seeing other people. I care that you couldn't give me one interrupted drink without checking for upgrades.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to offend you.
Speaker 2: You're not offending me. You're disqualifying yourself.
Speaker 4: I thought we had chemistry to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Was there chemistry Alyssa like, could we do this again? We've got a little bit more self awareness here. Would you be into a second date at all?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Not? Okay, but thank you for letting me say this out loud.
Speaker 1: Sure, hang on, hang on, you gotta stay present. If the lady's in the vicinity, I can't anyway. Second date update after seven o'clock and then nine o'clock. You've got the podcast as always. You can binge listen over the weekend to some previous calls on the iHeartRadio app. Go search out Marcus in the morning. Second Date Update