Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing. Beautiful Saturday afternoon in the Tri State Big Football bear Cats win Scott Sadersfield's guys rolling to five in a row over a UCF football team. Going back to Florida Losers twenty eleven over a bear Cats. What a nice tribute, by the way, to Jim Kelly on the big screen there at Nippert. If you didn't get a chance to watch, I was listening and watching at the same time, and it's popped up all over X as well at Sterling Radios where I am. You can get interactive. I'm Sterling shawm ac Man keep me in line. A lot of ground to cover this afternoon. You may have heard in the news closer to peace and returning of hostages and those who did not survive after the October seventh attack that left us some twelve hundred dead, and this thing that has gone on in Guysa for an extended period of time over this window. President Trump making his way there will be speaking to Knesset on I believe Monday, and then going to Egypt to sort of hammer out final details or at least the next step in it. It's a very fragile piece, to say the least, but hopefully a little closer to some normalcy, because it does look like a moonscape in and around Gaza. Other stuff to get to James Rapine locked on Bengals, Gonna have a conversation with him. I already had it. Actually you'll hear it a little bit later, talking Bengals Packers, Joe Flacco trading Joe's tow obviously, and then you got a Flacco trade, which is a kind of a weird scenario, talk about Joe Flacco being in Bengals stripes, but he made the trip from Cleveland. He beat the Packers a couple of weeks ago. That is very rarefied air to have someone playing for different teams beat the same team twice, same season, just a couple of weeks apart. But that's the hope. With a late four to twenty five kickoff tomorrow in full all coverage here on seven hundred double ULW a number of things to you have to also, Diane Keaton passed away a movie leg and we'll touch on that a little bit later. From the sounds, you heard Matt Reese's news from the Godfather, or at least Godfather Part two. I was hoping to hear Pacino in part of that. So maybe we'll pull that up too, because that whole scene there was bizarre and troubling on a whole lot of levels. So best of her family. She just is seventy nine years old, which, on one hand, when you're younger, seems old. On the other hand, as time ticks by you, that doesn't seem that old. And I just saw her, I think, on Graham Norton Show not long ago, sneaking kisses from a whole lot of people, which was kind of wild. So and she did a bunch of Woody Allen movies as well. All Right, I want to ask this is a very strange question, and this is where I want to start, because I'm feeling a little I've not eaten. And it's not because I don't have access to food. It's not because I've run out of food. It's not because I don't have cash in my pocket. I can get some food if I want to. But here's the question, what is the dumbest thing you have done for a woman or a man in your life, a significant other under there pressure? Normally my co host Donnade is here and she's often talking about fasting and cleanses and all these other healthy things. And I am a frequent flyer of certain drive throughs. They know when I'm getting my three way in my Greek salad and sometimes two or three chili cheese with onions and mustard Coney's. They know me when I'm getting the square burgers and I'm getting the combo with the fries and the biggie sized iced tea. So I'm in a weird place. Woman, I know a friend of mine. Let's just say, she's like, you need to fast and be good for you and get cleansed, and we'll do this together. So I had pancakes last night because I figured that was a good meal, a good way to sort of get prepared for this. And all I can tell you is before I got on seventy five to come in here, I'm down wind from a drive through that I am familiar with, and I was getting wafts of air of good grubbing stuff. But by held strong and then driving in, I'm starting to I've gone through a time and a place where I've I seem like I've been starving. I saw the dog eat this morning, the turtle late I have not eaten and now I'm in an odd place where I'm not necessarily hungry, but I know that I need to be eating. So we're gonna wait and see. She wants to wait till tomorrow, but I'm thinking what I'm done out of here. After six, I'll be hitting a drive through, and I'm sure we'll see how that goes. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Pick up the phone, give it the finger, talk back iHeartRadio app you can click on the microphone. I want to know how long you've gone without eating, in addition to the dumbest thing you've done for the person that you care about in your life that supposedly cares for you as well. Telling me the thing that I need to go without food seems insane. Maybe for religious purposes high holy days and fasting from sundown sun up, sun up to sun down, depending that that's a fair common thing, but just randomly for this or even before the colonoscopy, the endoscopy deal where they take the camera and take a look in your insights from the rear end, which just saying that makes me unnerved and uncomfortable, which I think annually is one of those things if you get to be a certain age, you know in your family history, they start wanting to check that or at least a shmear of some of your other stuff in that way. So that's a different thing for health purposes. And then you get stuff that you consume that's supposed to help get stuff moving or empty you out, which sorry I went there, I just but that's what I feel like I should be preparing for right now is I'm frankly starving. I have had coffee, which is also dangerous, and I will shift to iced ta post haste. But I want to know what is the dumbest thing you've done for significant under in your life, and also the longest you've gone without eating? Now, I mean I randomly will see people as I get on seventy one here Montgomery Road once in a while other places around town. You'll be at a red light, an on ramp or an off ramp of seventy one or seventy five, and you'll see a sign I'm hungry, please help me. And I'm not making light of it. Food insecurity is a serious issue, but not eating by choice is kind of a strange thing. What is the longest you've gone and that's a problem, I guess, And depending on how you're living and how your life is going, I f I've won three seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Your chance to get interactive later. Also some conversation about the Delta eight hemp sale moratorium. These stores that have been selling it with that carve out of the farm bill from a couple of years ago. I think it was twenty eighteen, if I'm not mistaken. Just going off the top of my head, limited a space where it could be sold, and has been in many cases gas stations, the smoke shops, et cetera. I know some people who are in that business. They tell me they're going to lose a whole lot of money not being able to sell these and these have been good actors in that business. What I mean by that is they don't sell the kids. They keep behind the counter and not selling it with the look of candy or something else. But there's been a problem with people not handling that correctly, and Governor de Wine has stepped in with a moratorium on it. So by Tuesday they got to get it off the shelf, whether by liquidation, sale or otherwise, or face some stepp penalties which could put them out of business depending or hurt their pocket in a major way. So we'll touch on that as well. Big win you see football bear Cats twenty eleven over UCF Sadderfields, guys looking to find their way as they roll to their fifth win in a row. Could very well be if the things go right, one would think in top twenty five rankings. We'll see how it goes. Quick break, come back. James Rapeen later also joining me conversation we had talking Bengals as they hit the road to face off a Green Bay on Sunday afternoon. WHI Joe Flacco under center, appreciate you being here. It's a beautiful day in the Tri State. I'm stirling in this a seven hundred double welw tikes seventies. Next couple of days close to eighty actually Monday and Tuesday. I'm holding onto the warrant, but I busted out the long pants again, which I try to avoid unless it's like a meeting where it's required for, you know, appropriate a tire, weddings or funerals basically, but showing up here, I mean, who cares. I'm on the radio and streaming on I heard an app podcast not on TV because I got a face for radio. It's a seventy two now your severe weather station seven hundred WLW wanted to know one the most unusual thing you've done or dumbest thing for the person that you care about in your life. I'm fasting now. I'm into my second day. I'm not hallucinating yet, but I'm thinking I'm stupid for doing this. I don't know what good comes from not eating for an extended period of time. So no, how long you've gone without eating, a fasting for whatever reason, and maybe the dumbest thing you've done after you see football win twenty eleven or UCF and Nancy actually on the way home from Nippert, Now was Stirling on the Big One than Marty? In room for you? Five three, seven, four, nine hundred the big One? Nancy? How are you when you're well.
Speaker 2: We're celebrating the six win, which is terrific.
Speaker 1: You good time? What was it? What was the energy really like? By the way at Knippert, I mean good feeling, good vibes as they say, it was just like last week.
Speaker 2: Last week the energy was just phenomenal. It was a little bit more low.
Speaker 1: Key today, but still a win. So you got to like that a win to win, and.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to go ahead and get to a.
Speaker 1: Bowl game this year, one game away from guaranteeing that. Sean McMahon was concerned. He's like, I gotta get one more. I'm like, they'd have to really like fail, like just drop off the face of the earth, uh, to not get their six win. I think they're in fine shape.
Speaker 3: What else do you have, Nancy to Well, I have one of the dumbest things that ever did for my huts.
Speaker 2: And he's sitting right next to me were we were on vacation and we were going to head to Puerto Rico. He wanted to do a zipline tour and I said, I'm gonna pray to hikes. I don't think I could do it. He goes, look, this is a tree top zip line, little kids, grandparents to do it. You can do it too. And I said, fine, So we go on the zipline tour. If they drive us to the top of.
Speaker 3: A mountain and said, you will go off of this mountain, you will go, well, stop across the this is and ravine and across tree.
Speaker 2: Tops and you'll finally get to the bottom. I said, please, please, please, don't don't make me go. I'm on my knee, I'm crying, I'm in tears, and they said, we're sorry. Once you're here, can't tear around. They wouldn't let me go with my husband no, so they made me go first and him follow well. Two and a half hours later.
Speaker 3: I finally make it down the hill.
Speaker 2: I'm on my knees, I'm kissing the ground, and I'm begging him, please don't ever make me do this again a third.
Speaker 1: Now, is that something you look back on fondly? You don't sound like that, like sometimes you do something you're scared of and you go, You know, that was great, it was invigorating. I'm so glad I did it. You sound like you still have remorse.
Speaker 2: I still have remorse. I got back to the ship, I laid down for an hour, took a nap, went to dinner, and our server came out and said, hey, I heard you was siplining today. I started crying again and left. Oh yeah, will horrible, horrible.
Speaker 1: You're pretty strong and hopefully he had fun at least, and I'm sure that in the future you got one in your pocket. To play back and say I did this for you, so now it's your turn, Nancy. I appreciate you listening, being a part of the show. Up you do it again sometime soon. Be safe getting home quickly to Monroe. Then we got Marty and Mike. Marty, what's up. What do you have the longest you've gone without eating?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've gone ten days a couple of times days. Yeah, and I usually, you know, the first time I ever did it, I think I went three days and just using water. And then I read a book called The Master Cleanser, and I found in the health food store and it had a recipe for making a drink and I extrapolated it out to make a gallon. So it came to like six lemons, medium sized lemons, eight ounces of pure maple syrup, and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and mix that with in a gallon jug with purified water. In fact, I'm doing another cleansing fast right now. But uh, it cleans out and uh after after a while, after a day or two, you're not hungry anymore because you're drinking this stuff. The cayenne pepper is giving you energy. The the maple syrup is burning slowly rather than like sugar or honey would be burning faster. And uh it's it cleans out and it gives you mental, physical, and spiritual rejuvenation.
Speaker 1: Well, I could use some rejuvenation, but I'm not feeling very rejuvenated right now. It might be the Cayenn pepper, Marty. I appreciate the call. Ten days seems monumental and extreme. Mike, can you get this internet less than a minute? As your turn was sterling on the big one?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 6: What are you fast for?
Speaker 1: Starling? A woman?
Speaker 7: A woman tell you? Yeah, three days is probably the first. Well, what you want to do? U after the first day in the day in the day two, you're not hunger anymore. Your body is eating the fat that you got your stored U in your body there, I'll all probably a little fatter than you are, so I can usually go a little further without you know, too much going on. I usually do seven days now, just a to you don't you're not hunger anymore?
Speaker 6: Who knows?
Speaker 5: Do water?
Speaker 7: Coffee and tea?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Why? Though? I mean, what does the motivation to do?
Speaker 7: Just to reset my reset my body? I go to go out to using fat as a source of energy as opposed to sugar. Okay, that's why I do it, just kind of reset the body to use fat storage is suppose of sugar for my energy. So I do that probably once every two months. I'll do like a seven day fast, just water, coffee and team Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, well maybe we're on the right path. I'm not feeling it right now, but you guys seem very confident you're still alive.
Speaker 7: And take the day three buddy, try to get to day three.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see. I don't know. Tomorrow, during that Bengals game, I feel like I might be stuffing a lot of food and beverages of one kind or another in my But we'll see how it goes. Mike, have a great afternoon, and I appreciate you listening. In a part of the show four thirty fourth Straightaway, Matt Reeves has the latest We'll come back, James Rapeaine, a conversation about Bengals and packers, and a whole lot more to get to. On a Saturday afternoon, a seven hundred WLW. It's the weekend, sterling back seven hundred w WELW on the road headed to Green Bay, Lambeau Field along with the football Who da Bengals? James Rapine locked on Bengals the Cincinnati Bengals talk SI, He's everywhere, Thanks for making time. This is a weird week, and it is always a challenging thing week after week in the NFL. But the Bengals did something. They went from Joe in a toe issue to Jake Browning to now a new Joe who's not all that new really, former Raven. He's gotten around a little bit. Was with the Browns for eight and a half minutes, and he actually beat Green Bay a couple of weeks ago in a shocker. Now he's trying to figure out new play schemes and working with some elite receivers what he's not necessarily familiar with. How does this look on the outside, just a couple of days away from a kickoff in Lambeau.
Speaker 8: Extremely challenging, I'll be honest with you, like extremely challenging. I think the Bengals they needed to make a change and to do this to give themselves a chance. I also think it's it's really hard to find the realistic path to them winning a game against the Green Bay team that's thinking Super Bowl and I get it. The Bengals are too, and that's their mindset. But it's just a really tough spot to be in. Doesn't mean they won't it surprise me, but having him come in here basically get here Tuesday night and I've made that drive, as you know, down seventy one plenty and while he wasn't while he wasn't driving, it's a that's a tough ask to go from there to now. You're practicing and with new players on Wednesday, and your meetings on Wednesday and in Thursday, same thing. Friday, you meet with the media the first for the first time. Today you're flying to Green Bay, and you gotta deal with the packers at Lambeau on Sunday. Like there's just there's a lot to it. It's not impossible, but it's extremely challenging.
Speaker 1: And if he were to get that win with the Bengals, which would be a nice turnaround after going two and oh we complained about a slow start for weeks, would we not have been happy to trade an oh for three if we had kept Joe's toe healthy and Burrow under center, Yeah, sure, sure, And then OH and three for Jake Browning, who he's still the number two in this situation, so his head has got to be in a weird place. I mean, he knows how he performed or failed to perform in that circumstance, but he's got to be ready to go if in fact something happens to Flacco, no doubt.
Speaker 8: And that's that's what's tough, is this juggling act. I will say this, I do respect that the Bengals went right to Flacco right away. I do think that's the right move because it's not like starting Jake would give you a better chance against Green Bay, Like I wouldn't feel any better about it. And if anything, the unknown in that curve ball may make it a little tougher on Green Bay. But you're right, like Jake has to stay dialed in because he's one play away from playing, and so it's it's tough. There's a lot of emotions that go into it. At the same time, did it feel like at any point over the past three weeks like this Bengals offense was close to figuring it out. I'm not gonna let a yeah, even a few touchdowns against the Lions in garbage time like that's I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 8: Maybe you can build off that, maybe you can't. And what I will say is talking to the guys in the lockeroom this week, they are buying into Joe Flacco.
Speaker 1: Well they have to, don't they. I mean, he has some strong pedigree, he's got the experience. They have seen him competed against him, they know what that's like. So for him to step in that's pretty large. He also hasn't had some of the weaponry that he can work with Chase, who's questionable. I guess in Higgins, how is Chase and what what are I mean? It's hard for somebody to step in like that. How do they keep him comfortable and capable with plays that fit into what the Bengals are already comfortable and familiar with to be able to go in there and be functional because there's a lot to learn in just a short amount of time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you go with the stuff that the Joe is most comfortable with. And that's what Friday was and that's what today is is figuring out.
Speaker 1: What what is he comfortable with?
Speaker 8: What is he like from a literally from a play to play standpoint, and what is he kind of questioning now? And that's that's one of the many things from a rhythm standpoint that Joe Flaco and Zach Taylor they're going to have to get down and the rest of the coaching staff they're gonna have to continue to iron that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go with what you.
Speaker 8: Know and understand that your job is to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. This offense should be good. And I know that people bring up the offensive line and they're gonna talk about Micah Parsons and you might ask me about that. I get it, but I really don't care who the defense is. This offense should still score, and it should score every week. And we shouldn't be talking about three points a halftime and in the game over by the half. That should never be the case when you have Joe Burrow or when you have excuse Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many times is that going to happen in the booth? For those guys calling the game on TV too, you know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: It should. It might be a lot, but there's a reason they paid Jamar and they paid Tea, and they kept Mike get SICKI and then they go get Noah Fan and they were so optimistic about Chase Brown, like, there's there's a lot of talent on this offense Sterling. Oh yeah, and so can Joe Flatco do his best Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 8: I did it right, impression in maximize the weapons. The Bengals are banking on that a better option than Jake.
Speaker 5: We will see.
Speaker 8: But that's the challenge, not just tomorrow, but moving forward for this Bengals offense.
Speaker 1: Good seeing him, good, talking to him, good reading him. Blocked on Bengals Cincinnati Bengals Talk. James Rapine was Sterling seven hundred WLW late kickoff for twenty five Sunday lambeau Field in Green Bay. You got to go through Milwaukee to get there, unless you're flying or having a bad flight, which I've had in the past. I have to ask James Rapine in the midst of this, aside from the weaponry, what do we know about Chase Is he able to suit up, play and go? Because everything I've read, I don't know if it's gamesmanship or if he's really not well.
Speaker 8: I would expect him to play good luck. I mean it would have to be to me, it would have to be one hell of an illness to sideline him. But I don't know that that's just me looking at who Jamar Chase is, knowing that he talked to us on Thursday, and then yeah, Zach Taylor takes him out of or not takes him out of practice, but doesn't have him practice on Friday. But you want him to get rest and he's gonna have to rest up because he needs about twelve catches tomorrow. So yeah, I would expect him to play. Maybe it's gamesmanship, maybe he's really really sick. I don't know, but I'm expecting to see Jamar out.
Speaker 1: There as far as the running game and that in between when they can't go with the deep ball, that there's been an opportunity obviously, you know with Chase Brown to sort of you know, drop off that pass, get an extra five maybe ten snuck in there without going far deep the south. How does he looking? What about tandem with him? Tight end work?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's it's it's a good it's a good point to bring up because if you look at what Joe Flacco did this year in Cleveland or his past, the running back, he's going to throw to the running back and Chase Brown. That's something He's worked on a ton since he's gotten to the league, and I thought he was gonna have a huge year and this year has just been weird for this offense. And so yeah, he's got to be a factor for the team and a playmaker, and so get him the ball in space and maybe maybe that is the run game a little bit, but if it's not, then maybe it's the checkdowns. But he can certainly help you and these tight ends. I really think Mike Kasiki compliment each other really well. And there are a bunch of guys that I think are going to get a boost with Joe Flacco at quarterback. But you look at Mike Kasiki and that might be the number one guy. He had David and Joku and Harold Fannin in Cleveland, and both guys were targeted plenty from Joe Flacco.
Speaker 1: In Joku's case.
Speaker 8: A couple of years ago when they went to the playoffs and Joku really took off because of his report with Flacco. Don't be shocked at all if you see more of Noah Fan and Mike Kasiki and them making game changing plays, moving color.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapine lockdown Bengals Cincinnati Bengals talk on the Big One about Bengals in action Sunday taking on the Packers in Green Bay at lambeau Field for twenty five, Packers two to one and one Bengals two and three. You know about the zero for three which a Browning under center. Flacco now the man with tiger strikes from one Joe to another. As far as this defense is concerned, I mean, they've given up their share of points. I mean, let's just call it what it is. I mean, they've they've improved, but have they really How disturbing is it going into Green Bay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's Uh, it's tough. I think I'm curious to see this defense in a normal game when they aren't down by you know, bazillion points and put into a bunch of bad situations. And maybe that happens tomorrow at Lamba or maybe not. Maybe they're putting a bunch of bad situations again. But it's it's been tough to judge them because I do think that they're they work hard. I think for the most part they're on the same page, which I couldn't say last year. And the pass rush came alout a little bit last week, like there were signs they didn't let that that Lion's rushing attack break them like I think some thought it would, and then it put them and gave them a chance to rush the passer and they got after Jared Goff a little dead, so and they put it together. I wonder, and I think it stinks Tamar Stewart isn't going to play for another game, and he hasn't played since weeet two, And it's just it's painful to not have Schamar because when I look at this defense curling, obviously, Trey Hendrickson is a game changer. I think Dax Hill is the second best player on this defense right now, but it would be really nice if Shamar Stewart would emerge as another game changer. I just I'm not sure they have anyone right now that isn't Trey Hendrickson that can affect the game in the ways that maybe Chamar could if he was getting experience and learning and playing, because I do think he has a really high ceiling. So that's what I wonder. Who else is going to step up not named Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Anything that we've not covered in this short amount of time. Thank you for making it and letting us know where your head is and what we should expect a Sunday afternoon at Lambeau Cincinnati Bengals tok locked on Bengals James for paying what else is there before we let you bounce?
Speaker 8: Over the next five days, Sterling, the Bengals are going to play two games.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow is a very important game. But if they're competitive tomorrow, and I told people this yesterday in the build, Yes, if they're competitive tomorrow at Lambeau and Lewis and then come home and deep Pittsburgh, regardless of what happens between Cleveland and Pittsburgh this week, they're going to be right back in. There'll be three and four, they'll have a tiebreaker over the Steelers, and they'll be in second place in the division. And so yeah, as important is tomorrow is the next five days are really really important. And finding a way to beat the Steelers on Thursday night is going to beat big.
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 8: I didn't I didn't tease this game as as much as I probably should have.
Speaker 5: It is a big game.
Speaker 1: They all are big games.
Speaker 8: But the next five days it's going to go a long way in determining if Joe Flacko and the Bengals are going to be able to rebound after this two and three start.
Speaker 1: Strange to the days in the whole tri State, up to the Miami Valley and beyond wherever Bengals Nation is. I mean, seriously, I mean people have seemed deflated, they've seemed depressed. It's just a little hope as we start feeling fall and leaves falling and start thinking more football and cold weather ahead of us. Everybody just seems like they're happier when the Bengals are winning. So we'll see how it goes. Thanks for baking time. We'll look for it. Five days, yeah, big five, and it all starts Sunday. James Rapeen, Lockdown, Bengals, Cincinnati Bengals, talk SI and all over the Bengalin Here on your weekend with Sterling on seven hundred WLW. I thank you, James, take care of yourself. Thanks Stan, appreciate you. Sterling back seven hundred WLW and tonight marks the fiftieth anniversary of the debut is Saturday Night Live on NBC October eleventh, nineteen seventy five. I was a wee littlest teeny Sterling at the time. Think of all the talent that's gone through there, John Belushi, dan Ackroyd, Chevy chay Y, I mean man, chrispher Farley, the list goes on and on and on. That's a great run fifty years. I mean there what sixty minutes is that they've been around that long, right, I mean there's not a lot of other stuff faced the nation. Maybe you know that type of thing. That's not a lot else other than like just generally new shows at that as symptoms are on a great run, but not close to fifty years. But that's pretty amazing and doing it live. And there was just that movie about how it all sort of came together that came out a year or two ago that I think is probably streaming someplace now, but I could not say where at the top of my head. Glad you're a long a couple of minutes away from your five o'clock report, the latest Mid East peace issues. President Trump at all making their way to that part of the world to speak to Kannessan in Israel and then also in Egypt to sort of hammer out some more details of this a very tenuous process is going to be a challenge. It's been going on for quite a while after October seventh to twenty three, with that incursion murder some twelve hundred and the hostage is being taken. And then of course for so long before that really issue of Palestinians needing a place of their own Israel, the whole area has really been volatile for most of our lives. So hopefully this will get to a better place of some stability and normalcy and people can maybe have a future for themselves rather than in the midst of running for fear of their lives and gaza and so forth. Meanwhile, state side, of course, a government still shut down, questions about now military is going to get paid, not get paid, ordering people to go to work without getting paid, furloughing and firing other people because they can, I guess at this point we'll see how that plays out in the days and weeks ahead. But a lot of people in precarious positions here Stateside as well, and of course the terify tax that we're all paying in one way or another, whether it's small business, big business trying to eat as much of it as they can, which is affecting obviously profit margins, limiting their hiring ability, or even people purchasing power for that matter, attacks on all of us. So there's certainly a lot of work to be done stateside by the powers that be as well. So coming up, but we'll get into issues of parents and odd rules. Also something very strange. I have a friend of mine's daughter, well, I mean, I don't know that sounded weird. A friend of mine's daughter. I know, there is a big debate and she just went under the knife for some voluntary surgery issue, which seems bewildering to me. And she's not yet made twenty years old, just into college at this point, and it seems rather extreme. But we'll touch on that and a whole lot more. Final out together on a winning day for those football Bearcats over UCF twenty to eleven as they roll a five in a row Big twelve matchup and maybe looking to get ranked. We'll see how the rest of the weekend plays out for them. Here Halma the hood Ay in action tomorrow. Best Bengals coverage here in Lambeau taking on the Green Bay Packers with Joe Flacco under center. Matt Reese has news now more Sterling coming back here. News Radio seven hundred dou W wellw Cincinnati buck Eys win over the align H thirty four sixteen Mariners move ahead late last night in extra innings without the ghost Man. Baseball rules different to postseason than regular season, which I don't quite understand, but whatever. Either way, a couple former Reds playing on a Henio Suarez Lui Castile of course legends in their own right as Reds playing with the Mariners and cal Raley in company as they face off against the Blue Jays tomorrow and later on tonight it's Cubs and Brewers and the division series in the National League. See who's gonna face off against the Dodgers to get to the World Series. And that's a best of five, so someone it's a winner go home situation. I don't really like the Cubs or the Brewers, so I don't really, you know, I kind of I only for what it's worth. I think the Dodgers at least they beat the Reds, so it's nice to think that the Reds at least got beat by a team who gets to the World Series at some consolation if any I don't know that that's rationalization and trying to live better through lowered expectations. That's what that is. That's how I was raised, and I guess it's a way to get through I don't know if that's one of the big lies as youth that we are told is a way to navigate this life that you know, you feel sort of cheated or hoodwinked. Coming up, but we'll touch on that. How you doing at Sterling, hanging out, mister McMahon, keeping me in line five thirty report coming up with Matt Reese and a good bit of ground to cover between then and now. So I mentioned just before the news, So a friend of mine's daughter, she's twenty in college now. I think she's a sophomore, maybe a junior. I can't say for sure. She is either just about to I think, either leading into this weekend or starting this week and to go under the knife for some elective surgery, some cosmetic surgery because she feels that she apparently can't get a she good looking kid and getting something. I don't know if it's her nose or exactly what's getting reworked. My buddy's a little hacked off about it, but it's her choice and is sort of navigating that, and I'm just trying to figure out at twenty years old. I mean, she doesn't look like she got like beat with a stick, ugly stick or otherwise and didn't heal quite right or anything else. She's tractive girls, so I don't know, weird societally speaking, if she's spending too much time on social media or whatever it is. But I know I've had guessed on that are cosmetic surgeons, psychologists, psychiatrist on a lot of people feel they need to go under the knife alterations to get themselves tuned up in some way, either to get ahead or to feel like they are you know, somebody, I guess, And I don't know if that's social media. I don't know exactly what that is. More of a problem. Now, great if you're in the business of cosmetic surgery and stuff, because I mean that summer houses, vacation properties, probably in a fat bank account, and so forth. But it's a weird scenario. I can recall a girl that I went out with the first part of college off and on through college entirely, and she wanted to have reduction surgery for chest, but it was primarily because she was concerned about back issues long term or anything else, which I didn't understand. Because I'm a dude. I'm like, I don't know, everything's fine up there. I don't know what you're doing. And I don't think she ever actually had that done. But it's hard to say. We talk a little bit, but not so much in these days because that was a long time ago. So what I'm wondering is this, what would you do? What have you done? I think my father, such that he was biologically not engaged involved otherwise really for that much, had something done to his eyes when he was probably in his forties or so, from what my mother tells me, like I don't know, like the tops of his eyelids or something. I know more and more guys do it. Usually during March Madness. I had a friend of mine who went in. It wasn't really cosmetic surgery necessarily, but elective surgery just the same. After he had had two kids. He during March Madness, took time off to work from home in one under the ninth to get himself. It's hard for me to even say that we're a vasectomy, very difficult, not aesthetic, but didn't want to have any more little ones and some oops or otherwise. So I mean, you know, in life, you have to to make choices, I suppose, but I don't know that that's always the need. I guess whatever makes you feel good. But we're in a weird place where more people and ever are taking pharmaceutical products to navigate life as we know it. For depression, anxiety, you know, a d D, pick at dysfunction, or a disorder. The pharmacu utical industry has an answer for us. We also apparently have instant gratification because we all have been raised with the remote control in our hand, younger people with the electronic devices in hand on risk or otherwise, where anything that you want to know is in the pall of your hand basically on demand. So we want what we want when we want it. Now. I'm not just like judging people for making a decision to improve their looks, how they feel and so on. Esthetically, if they think that that's what they need to do to get ahead, and if somebody can make a living at it and do good work and make sure that it's taken care of, hell, I probably could use some help.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I've embraced the follicle challenge and shaved my head for years now, but I can't imagine I know, a lot of people will do stuff to fix their hairlines. A lot of people will, you know, they do like caffine plants and strange stuff like that. I'm not going to say who here may or may not have done that, but it happens. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the Big One. You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app. I'm just curious how young is too young? And somebody just messaged me here. This is Liz h in Hyde Park. Liz says that, you know, it starts early and makes allusion to the fact that her parents got her ears pierced before she was Apparently it could make a choice in the matter, but a lot of people do that. I don't know if that's a cosmetic thing, but apparently she feels like there's an issue with that. She says she wishes that they hadn't had done it. I don't know why did you know if she didn't want to have the ears pierced or something, But that's a parent's decision, I guess in that circumstance. Last night on the show, I was talking a little bit about dumb rules that parents had and communicat, and I had this interaction with a friend of mine when I was coming up in school. She wanted to get her haircut, sort of like I guess a punk rock haircut for one of a better way to describe it. Her parents wouldn't let her get her hair cut on her own. She went ahead and did it, like at the mall or something, and then there was hell to pay for it. So whether it's the haircut in that situation to make her feel like she fit in that she was a part of whatever was current at the time, talking about in the eighties at that point, I mean, it caused some strife at home, but I think she survived it. They didn't put her out on the street. But there's a far cry from a haircut in ears piercing, I think, or a nose piercing or dyeing one's hair to going under the knife or some type of decision that's going to be a lifetime whether it's impresst enlargement, augmentation in some way to reduce it, which you know, my ex in her bag problems, I suppose that makes good sense. I mean, nobody wants bad problems, but it's sort of a weird scenario. So I want to know if you've gone under the knife. What you've had done. Was it worth it? Did it make a change, whether it was a facelift, hair and plants, chin in plant whatever. I worked with someone who felt they didn't have enough of a chin, and they put in something in there. I don't know what to effectively give them a chin, which they said made a world of difference. We are a society that's about aesthetics, right, I mean, pretty people tend to do better in the world and have an easier way than people who aren't so pretty. Maybe they don't have to work as hard. And who doesn't want a situation where maybe your kids have it easier than you did, or I did, or what have you. That's a pretty common thought to hopefully, you know, leave a footprint that makes life a little less strenuous for who's coming up behind us. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. And if you've done it, I'm wondering the good or bad. Were you happy with what you did or were you in a situation where you thought, maybe I should not have done that? And obvious it's one of those things where we're talking elective. This is not like a cleft palate situation. This is not a reconstruction after an accident or something along those lines. We're talking about just for the sake of getting it done. Somebody also messaged about getting a facelift at twenty eight because they felt they weren't looking as they should aging too fast. So I guess moisturizing is probably a good idea. Staying out of the sun too much is probably a good idea. Even though you want to check out those riverboats along the Ohio this weekend with the Roots Festival going on on the river, or maybe out there in those monster gourds up in Hamilton with the super sized pumpkins and so forth to go along with it, I want to know what you think five one, three, seven, four ninety seven thousand, eight hundred of the Big One, And maybe that is a lie. Growing up, you know, my mother told me that it was about your character, it was not about how you looked. And then in a perfect world, which it's not, that you would be able to live your life, it'd being the best person that you could be and that would be enough to make your way through. But that may be one of those things that you know the world tells us society tells us, our parents tells us, our leaders tell us, uh, you know, authority figures tell us that really has crap coming up is youth that maybe that's all the matters. So maybe the younger people, it's possible it could be, as we start looking at arguments from all sides on this, in all perspectives, that if, in fact you don't get some of these things done, that it is going to be harder for you, considering so many people live a virtual life on social media or otherwise, whether it's for their living or their self validation, Because if you're not out there getting clicks and likes and views and everything else, then you're nobody, which is a sad, sad state of affairs, because when I step outside without a device in my hand, I couldn't care less.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful day in the Tri State on a Saturday afternoon, sterling your chance to get interactive on the other side five one, three, seven, four nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one seven HUNDREDULW You know, maybe start in Pittsburgh, hang out there, get some scrapple, come down here, get some get a couple of three ways, maybe chili cheese, onions and mustard hop on that riverboat, play some cards, make your way down Louisville, find your way somehow to the Mississippi West Bank of the Mississippi there in the arch in Saint Louis and then down to New Orleans. It's like going back in time or something like that beautiful day for it anyway, downtown Cincinnati, you get to forty six of low to night nine, first winning forecast on the Big one, middle seventies tomorrow, closer to middle seventies to eighties to start the week, and very little talk of rain. We could use more, but beautiful day like that day soaked up a lot of people out there, a lot of traffic, a lot of traffic issues too, So just be careful. I know issues on seventy five North, people coming over to seventy one about it, So just down you allow yourself some extra time. People in a hurry sometimes to go nowhere fast ends up becoming a headache, in a hassle. It's seventy two right now, your severe weather station seven hundred WLW. I want to mention this, and maybe this is the other side of the news we can get into this. I am somewhat sympathetic for the gullible. I am somewhat sympathetic for the hoodwink, the victims of our world who have been taken advantage of. Sometimes for those people who are a little slow. I rode a little yellow bus to school for a little while. I don't mean that in disrespect. I mean I'm at to five high schools. I was bound to take a little bus at some time or another. But this headline is bewildering. You may have heard Lebron James All Star, former Cavalier, former heat of course, longtime Laker at this point and not retiring anytime soon as far as we know, even though he's like one hundred and twenty six and NBA years. But there is a Laker span who's been a fan their entire lives who's now suing Lebron James because he had a promo, advertisement ad call it whatever you want, for some whiskey that he's out there, and this guy took it to be a telltale signs. It sort of made allusion to him leaving Cleveland at one point and heading south to the beach in Miami all those years ago, and this guy became very concerned. This guy became very unnerved and figured he needed to be able to have a chance to see his favorite Lebron in a Lakers uniform one last time. So what he did is he coughed up some cash to the tune of somewhere in the neighborhood of eight hundred and seventy dollars nearly that anyway for a couple of tickets, which seemed steep to me because you can watch it on TV. It's better than being there in many cases, especially with that kind of money, you can get yourself a whole lot of TV. You could get a wall of TV's depending not nice TVs, but for that kind of dome. Makee me a little bit going to March of next year when they take on the Calves. So this guy now feels because he realized that he's not really retiring, that that was not telegraphing his step away from the game again or moving on, that he feels like he's a victim.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Nobody forced him to go buy these tickets, and now he's looking to get some payback from Lebron himself. To the two eight hundred and sixty five dollars in some sixty six cents and he's suing NBA legend Lebron James because he was dumb in my opinion, So I want to ask you, one, is that a legit lawsuit? Sometimes you just got to be smarter than that if you are so passionate and you were so concerned and thinking it might because you never know when the last time is going to be anyway, So if you want to be there, you want to be in person. You want to soak up the moment in the crowd, watching the team that you love, the players that you love, that you admire. Then you spend the dough and you know what, you take it like a champ because it could be his last game. He could blow out a knee, he could quit he I mean, who knows what at any given point in time. But he feels that he's due and wants money back on these tickets rather than trying to resell them. I mean he got suckered, is what it boils down to. I mean, you've got to be smarter than your average box or rocks. And this guy, in my opinion, was not five three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. And on the other side, we will not give you a chance just to sound off on that. I want to know how you've been taking advantage of or ripped off or somehow hoodwinked in some way. Let's call it a Saturday afternoon confessional after your five thirty report. It's more sterling here on the home of the winning football Bearcats and a Bengals team with Joe Flacco under center Tomorrow afternoon at Lambeague taking on those Green Bay Packers. Here on the home of the best Bengals coverage, News Radio seven hundred WLW. They'll talk about who day Flacco under center, Bengals on the road, try to get back on the winning side of things, and a guy who was a raven who got him Super Bowl ring of course, and now we're in the Bengals try stripes. And how much time has he had actually to work with this team. I think it's been like less than a week. It's insane when you think about it, because Browning had, you know, halfway comeback in time. That didn't matter. Last Sunday was miserable and then Flacco got to be a part. I think it was what Tuesday right, They made the drive down, if I'm not mistaken, And now, of course, looking to try to get to work against the Packers and the Bengals could be back to even in five hundred. So there's a lot to talk about with the WHO Day Today and podcast form later on. You can hear the conversation I had with James Rapine from Lockdown Bengals about that very issue. Good bit of ground to cover in between, and was talking about, I mean, there's no shortage of stuff, the confessional issue of people and doing what they do. And I'm gonna mention something else here about like societal like lies and so forth going on in a minute, But let me just mention I've had a number of people message me and go sterling and not bots. But the bots do their stuff on social media, a lot sort of stirring stuf up, making you think things are happening and topical that aren't. But I've had a number people and how dare you sterling? One of these which reminds me of Tracy Joes, how dare you sterling? Not mention the Nobel Peace Prize that President Trump should get for bringing peace to the Middle East, and that he didn't get it just now when it was announced for someone else. Well, first of all, I don't think he qualified because the submissions for that were the beginning of the year and that hadn't happened with bringing the peace, and it's a tenuous piece at best at this point. With the deal being finalized step by step, with President Trump going to speed the Kanness the first of the week and then also to Egypt to work stuff out for those with Hamas and otherwise, it is monumental if they can get a piece to hold. It hasn't for the last couple of years, that's for sure, and the next year that I think that would probably get him Nobel Peace Prize qualification most definitely, and good for him if that's the case, Good for the world if that's the case, and those envoys making that deal happen, Jared Kushner and company doing behind the scenes stuff and working with Cutter and everything else. It was a very interesting way this sort of has all come together. But in the midst of that celebrating, I have to ask you this, and we'll open up the phones five three, seven, four, ninety seven, eight hundred, the big one. You can pick up the phone, give it the finger, talk back the iHeartRadio app as well. While that on the global scale is monumental, and the humanity and the hope that is a humanitarian aid hopefully pouring in to the Palestinian sooner than later in hostages to be returned and their remains to be a return to those who did not survive after what happened October seventh, twenty twenty three, some two years and change now in days passing is the fact that the government is shut down and in the midst of people not getting paid expected to show up to work to direct traffic in our skies, and our military and their families and veterans wondering if they're going to get the care that they need and access to services that they have put their lives on the line to earn that they deserve. Is our thank you in the very minimum for them putting on that uniform to save us, to defend us and our interests globally, I think the attention needs to be paid also attention here domestically. Rather, I don't care what political aisle you fall into, left, right, center, whatever. I just make sense generally speaking and try to anyway. In the midst of all of this that's going on. The celebration for Piece is fantastic. But when you talk about now, what they're not saying just temporary furloughs for people or not paying people, but they're talking about firing people and so called politics of it, which is bewildering to me because last I checked measles, mumps, COVID pick a disease, flew anything else down the pike that we don't know about has nothing to do with politics, has nothing to know at all, what to do with whether you're liberal or conservative or anything else in between. It has to do with whether you're living, breathing human who may be vulnerable. And firing people from the CDC under the guise of politics and the idea of democrat interests. It's American interest, it's global interest, and it's total bs. Simply stated, cutting cost and waste makes great sense. But under the guise of this shutdown and the talk of healthcare for people who are in great need and children with snap in wick and funding of that, and then saying we're going to fire hundreds of people, if not thousands of people, I think the report now they say, is an excess of four thousands so far. Details well, I'm sure we'll get sooner than later for things that matter. There's measles outbreak right now. You ever have measles? Not good? You don't want it. Given a choice, So I'll ask you this, no about peace price. Sure, if the peace holds, by God, give it to our president. He deserves it and everyone else involved in bringing the peace. But handling the business of we the people stateside that are not sure if they're going to get paid, that are going to get fired, if not already fired, or notice of their being fired in the midst of all this and the politics of it is total crap. At least that's my opinion. I want to know what you think. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. You can talk back the iHeartRadio app. I'm on ex Twitter, call it whatever you want at Sterling Radio. I mean, it is astounding to me when you think about what this country can do and how strong we are, and the future as bright as it is, and these are challenging times. I have friends who have businesses that have been paying tariff taxes and trying to avoid passing on as much as they can and those added cost that they've been paying. But if their customers and client base have had to pick up some of it. They've also hired more people. In some cases they have ended up in a situation where they may be letting people go in some cases. And our farmers right now are suffering. You know how many soybeans acreage in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky that is on the ground now in Silo waiting to be sold to the Chinese who have bought none zero zip so far in twenty twenty five billions and billions of dollars worth. And now the talk is and a buddy of mine is excited. He tells me, well, you know they're gonna bail him out. They're going to bail them out with what tax dollars, Your tax dollars, My tax dollars that some of these farmers have had to pay for their implements, the machinery, for the seed that they acquired, that they put in the ground in the hope that they could sell it. That they've spent not months, not years, decades building markets internationally so that we have farmers here that can make a living, that can help our economy and feed the world. Meanwhile, China is shopped in Africa and elsewhere to get their soybeans and other stuff because they're done with us. So does attention need to be paid here and now? Are we in better shape now or worse shape? Conservative? Liberal? I don't care. I'm an American. You're American most likely too, So you tell me what you think. Five three seven four nine seven eight hundred. The big one firing people during the shutdown in critical services if health and human services and issues dealing with infectious disease aren't critical just a few years ago, if you remember, whether you're for the mask or against the mask and the shutdown or whatever. I could not care less, but no one can deny that lots and lots of people got irreparably harmed, sickond and died because of COVID. Fire people and get rid of them in the business of keeping us all healthier? Are children safe? And tell me that is not some backass word kind of way of trying to play politics and vengeance in some type of fashion. Handle the people's business, Get off your back end, get to DC and work out a deal. Five went three seven four nine seven eight hundred. The big one to Denise and Fairfield and room for you on the Nation station. How are you? What's going on? Denise? What do you think? Are you there? Denise? Hello, I'll put you back on hold. I don't know what happened, Aaron. It's your turn with Sterling on the big one. Am I making sense? Or am I crazy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: You're making sense, Sterling, but you're forgetting a couple of key things here. If we would have had a politician or politician's local, state, federal, they would have had the colony is to do what Trump and his administration are doing now. If we would have had that thirty or forty years ago, we wouldn't be in the shape we're in right now. I'll tell you this. China can go shop wherever they want, but they can't replace us as their number one consumer. Okay, So China is going to be hurting a lot more than we are from this. All we are is addicted to our cheap Chinese crap at Walmart. We'll get over that, okay. The government's shut down is it's a necessary evil. Anybody that couldn't see the writing on the wall that had a government position, they have to understand. President Trump ran on this. He talked about cutting the floated absolute waste that you and I pay for in our tax dollars. Everything from you know, monkey studies to you know French you know, just the weirdest stuff. I mean, you can find this out there of what is actually being spent by our tax dollars out there. So I will just say that again, we are much better off than what we were, and we're going to be a lot better off in the next year or two. But there will be some tame long the way.
Speaker 1: I'll say this though. You know the idea of these rare earth minerals that we're now wanting China to sell to us, and we need them for our military. We need them for our aircraft and ammunitions and a lot of other stuff with our war machine.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they are in fact probably at the top of the list of what our warring will be going after, probably in the next decade or so probably, So it's kind of a weird scenario that they need us and we need them, But you know, would we be selling them stuff to help arm them to fight us later?
Speaker 5: Now? I get it, But died deeper on that. We've got all the rare earth minerals we need right here in this country. We've got too many liberal judges and too many places that block us from actually pulling our rare earth minerals out of the ground. So again Trumpet administration, they're trying to clean that up. They're trying to get these wackos out out of you know, their appointed judicial positions, because again they'd rather save some salamander.
Speaker 1: Than change the law.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: But do you see but you're I think you're exaggerating to a point, and we are I think victims of that exaggeration historically. And an Aaron, great call, by the way, man, thank you. I hope you listen and continue and call the show again. All right. We're in a situation, though, where these judges aren't necessarily doing anything except interpreting the law and ruling on it. Change the law. Then that's what Congress does. The judiciary doesn't. In blaming the judge for somehow their overview of an assessment of the law, I think is weak in a stretch at best. Let's quickly get to Wyoming and Logan was Stirling on seven hundred WLW final thoughts you got a minute go.
Speaker 6: I think these people just want to cut their nose offs despite their face, they just want to have you know, these wins against the other party instead of focusing on what matters, which is, you know, creating a better America.
Speaker 2: You got to work with both sides of the table.
Speaker 6: If you want this to work.
Speaker 5: I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Oh, we want to fire a liberal judge, but don't fire a liberal doctor. Hey, let's let's start firing people based off of Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a great point and logan. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm short on time, and I'm sorry I got a little worked up there. I think it's because I haven't eaten, because I got this woman in my life and she's like, oh, we need to fast, we need to not eat for a couple of days and cleanse yourself. Now, I'm just angry and surly, and I got to take a deep breath and get a hold of myself. Sel mc mahn, thank you for keep me online and on time. Straightaway, Matt Reese with your six o'clock report. Mike Allen Junior coming up. Bengals on the road tomorrow, lambeau Field taking on those Packers with Joe Flacco under center. Full on coverage starts with Ken Brew early in the morning nine am here on the Big One, and of course, the football Bearcats with the win today, maybe finding themselves top twenty five. We'll have to wait and see how that plays out in the days ahead. Have yourself a good night, and it's time for news after who Day today here on the home of the best Bengals coverage, news Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, Jeff Wellernissan dot com. We're definitely going to be late to the I feel like we should be there by now. I'm just taking a little detour.