Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo. In the morning show.
Speaker 2: Shannon and Smith are having kind of a fun week where the two of them are together because Lucy is away at some.
Speaker 1: Kind of camp.
Speaker 3: Rice's at swim camp.
Speaker 1: The one that you talked about was she was a little bit nervous about going.
Speaker 3: To cam having the time of her life.
Speaker 2: Now she's loving it. Isn't that wild how it works? And then Wes is away too. Wes is away with his daughter or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so's he's been in New York City. He comes home tonight to basically pick up a different suitcase and then he's leaving right away to head to Oregon for Nike Outdoor Nationals because my stepdaughter was qualified and competing in Nike Outdoor Nationals for trek.
Speaker 2: Well, you and Smith are having a mom's son time and you're doing something that I think is really cool. They want to tell the listeners what you guys are doing this work.
Speaker 3: So we're having a gift card week, which means we are using up, or at least trying to use up every single gift card that I have in my wallet. And so like the very first night we did Wings, last night we went to Red Robin which was so good. And a shout out to the staff at the Red Robin in Troy because they are all huge fans of the show and the Wharf of the Roses and so tonight we have like every single night this week it's planned that we're doing gift cards for dinner. We have zoo gift cards, we have imagined gift cards, and I'm just I want to use him up. And he thinks it's like the coolest thing in the whole entire world. I do do we get to just like and I told him last night at Red Rabin, I was like, here's the deal. You order anything anything off this menu that you want. I mean, the kid ordered a cheeseburger, wings fries a Sunday. I was like, go to town, buddy.
Speaker 2: You sent a picture and I will tell you I was very hungry when I saw that picture and I had just eaten dinner.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. If you forgot how good Red Rabin is. Red Robin is so good. It is so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So these are all gift cards, which is interesting because I have a drawer of gift cards.
Speaker 3: I know you do.
Speaker 2: I have like gift cards upon gift cards and yes, Megan's gift card for that floating place is still in.
Speaker 3: That place is not even in business. It's not that specific. One.
Speaker 2: Meghan gave me back in the day for my birthday, a gift card to a place where you like float, I think, right, like a pod?
Speaker 4: Is it like a sensory Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that. I cannot picture. But it was a very nice gift. I just did not use it.
Speaker 2: And then I have, for some reason, I have a ton of Yellow Subway cards because I think I did a gig at Subway and they paid me in gift cards. And then I go through and then I have like good gift cards. Like when I'm going to say good gift cards, I'm talking about like Phoenicia good restaurant that much I got. I got one that I have not used yet. It's funny because I never bring I should keep them in my wallet like you have your yours, because when I'm there, I'm like, crap, I got a gift card at home for this because you never think about the gift card, although I should do this. What do you call it again, a gift card where.
Speaker 3: We're just in a gift card week, okay to.
Speaker 1: Add them to your applet.
Speaker 3: Some of them you can like peet Away is one this week. The way you can add to your wallet. Interesting, it's you're like my dad though, because I was at my dad's on Monday and he opens this drawer, same thing, and it's full of gift cards. I was like, mental note, do not get Papa and Enamo a gift card for anything from now until forever. They have so many and they just don't use them. I don't understand people that don't use them. And then like in your case, some of the places they go out of business.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I think with gift cards, Well, the reason why I feel like I may not use it is because I like, I'm a creature of habit. I go to the places I go to, and when I get a gift card, say like the Phoenicia y'all talked about, I have to make a mental note in my mind to go there.
Speaker 1: It's not like in my flow of life. So it just ends up, you know.
Speaker 5: But people are good at giving gift cards. They'd get you ones that you actually sure.
Speaker 2: That they want you to like they have the love Like I remember there was a time in your life where you went to Chipotle every sometimes.
Speaker 4: I would get two balls at a one time every day for I still got Chipotle gift cards and you.
Speaker 3: Guys will take them by yourself always.
Speaker 2: My kind of gift cards are like things that I use all the time and do all the time.
Speaker 1: Gas give me a give me Ask card, give me a Kroger gift card, or Kroger cards.
Speaker 5: Are the greatest salesperson here was giving me a gift card because I drove to meet them, and I go to use it and only had seventeen dollars.
Speaker 4: It was already wallet.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks so much for driving all the way for that. Here's a gift card.
Speaker 1: And you used to do this back in the day. We did this with Fletch.
Speaker 2: Fletch would always say, bring your gift cards and I'll use your gift cards. And so we would give them all the gift cards, and Spike would give him empty gift cards.
Speaker 3: He would just go to like a you.
Speaker 1: Know, just grab.
Speaker 2: So it was basically gift card roulette. Fletch didn't know if it was going to be a good one or a bad one. I do have to say this though, that when you do use a gift card it's almost like going back to us talking Vegas and Roulette and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's almost like hitting. I mean, like when you get it, you're like box and I'll.
Speaker 4: Wait like program in particular, I'll wait till I get to the registered to scratch my pin number off. Yeah, I want them to see this a fresh boy.
Speaker 3: And last night, do you know, I asked our waitress, I said, can I tip using the gift card or can you just charge me for like a sprite or something? And she said, no, you could tip using the gift cards. They were a great tip because someplaces card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some places have you know, never pulled. Let you do that. Shout out to Red Robin, What's what's up, Rob?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Just out?
Speaker 1: Certain gift cards true expire in Michigan.
Speaker 2: So yeah, do you know that there's a law. There's a law in the state of Michigan where a gift card cannot expire.
Speaker 1: Business, Well, then that's expiration.
Speaker 3: Actually really it's actually illegal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should check with that because I think that they did that a few years back. Unless they change the law back to it being expired, no business can ever not you.
Speaker 1: Know, except that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wouldn't let me.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I wonder if somebody used it ahead of you. That's that's interesting. I wonder if myers get special treatment or something. But the Google say it can though really in Michigan says yes.
Speaker 4: Under Michigan law and federal regulations, retail gift cards get expired, but not for at least five years from the date of purchase.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it can. So it's a five year thing. I thought, Yeah, that's what I thought, is the retail g Yeah, what's going on on?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning, first time, long time, any mojo. I just wanted to call in and say, you know, instead of carrying around your gift cards all the time, you can add them to your Google wallet.
Speaker 1: That's what these guys.
Speaker 2: These guys were saying with, Uh, you know, I don't think I do a Google wallet because I don't have because I have Apple Pay usually in there.
Speaker 1: But on an iPhone, can I have a Google wallet or no?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The company, I I like, do you guys ever on your apps? Do you guys ever? Do is it shop or whatever it is?
Speaker 1: Where it? Uh?
Speaker 2: I have this for some reason, it started updating on orders and it's uh.
Speaker 1: Home not download a Google Wallet on iPhone. You can shop this thing right here, see this at all?
Speaker 3: Sometimes that comes up when I'm ordering stuff and I just dismissed it.
Speaker 1: So can I tell you?
Speaker 2: But it does have stuff with Gmail that pops on here, like if I order something, it will give me like hey, when it's coming, when it's arriving, and things like that. And it also tries yes, so I wonder if i'm that you can pop them in there. But what's going on? Vicky High?
Speaker 1: It's moje in the morning.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going. My husband and I found out that my in laws were using gift cards we gave them for like their birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, to buy like our birthday gifts and or Christmas gifts.
Speaker 3: You know what, I would get smarter about what gift cards I was giving on you know what? I mean.
Speaker 1: That that is interesting? Can you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that's is that a form of regifting? Yeah, but you're getting.
Speaker 3: You're getting us for a gift card.
Speaker 1: I didn't need any, uh.
Speaker 7: Give them gift cards of the places.
Speaker 2: We like right and that way back somebody texted and said, one morning, you guys should bring in any of the gift cards you don't want anymore and just start giving them away randomly on the show. That would be kind of funny, you know, like when we have you know how sometimes we're short on prizes, you know, so it's like we're giving and we do but Lydia sometimes Lydia. You've had a couple of moments where it's like, oh, what are we doing for for like random back in the day or five and six fifty fives Struggle giveaway Kevin's Chipotle card with seven dollars after the gas bro that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what I do?
Speaker 2: What if I get a gift If I have a gift card and it's for whatever, I know the prices, I will eat that much food that day. So if it's like Red Robin where she was or I just call it Shannon, Yeah, Shannon where Shannon, uh you know had money left on that card, I'd be like Smith, you're eating more?
Speaker 1: What I said, did you get desserts? Because they have the best desserts there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a Sunday like a hot fudge Sunday.
Speaker 1: And did you drink? Did you have booze?
Speaker 2: I didn't know because I was gonna say that's what it was. Tuesday nights like Smith, We're taking an uber home. Mom's got money on the car.