Speaker 1: Playlist's perfect for party fives and more.
Speaker 2: Just open the free iHeartRadio apps, hireen, listen.
Speaker 3: Now radio Money.
Speaker 4: Money, Money.
Speaker 2: If you want to make a bunch, it takes more than luck. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 5: Already ginas already joining us again this morning from Bloomberg.
Speaker 6: Gina.
Speaker 5: Mortgage rates slip last week but remain elevated, keeping a lot of people on the sideline still right, that's.
Speaker 6: Right, Steve.
Speaker 4: We have these mortgage rates falling just a little bit last week according to a banker's group, but they are still at just over six point four percent. It's been tough for a lot of people to get into the market, and that's also keeping a lot of people whose rates are much lower on the sideline, saying I'm not moving if I'm going to have to pay a mortgage rate like that because the current one is a lot lower. Right, So this is hitting applications for both mortgages to buy and refinance. They were down for a second week, Steve.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, this other report shows that home buyers are actually calling off deals at a record pace.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This one's from Redfinn. Roughly fifty six thousand home purchase agreements were canceled in August. That's about fifteen percent of the homes that had gone under contract. Redfinn says buyers are skittish, they're selective because of those high prices and high rates. But Redfinn also says issues around inspections and repairs are the biggest drivers of cancelation.
Speaker 5: Steve Goodness, all right, stock market, less than ninety minutes from opening.
Speaker 6: What are you seeing there in the futures?
Speaker 4: Well, right now, the futures are picking up a little bit of speed here this morning, could be a higher open. The Dow futures are up ninety nine, SMP futures up nine, Nasdaq futures are up twenty eight. From Bloomberg. Ginas Cervetti on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: All right, it's eight ten on seven after wl W.
Speaker 5: Steve Hawkins in for Tom Brennaman peace talks gaining more momentum in Egypt, So let's talk to Jordana Miller. ABC News corresponding Jerusalem. Find out the latest. Good morning, Geordanna, how are you? I have lost Jordana? All right, Let's try again, Jordana, you there yet? Live Radio Hey, Jordana, Steve Hawkins here, how are you.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: We'll we'll try to get Jordana back on the one. She is calling from Jerusalem, so it is live radio. Can we take a quick break and try to get her back on Dan? Is that possible at all?
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Let's go to Chuck. Chuck, how are you this morning? Well, I'm doing better than some things.
Speaker 6: There you go. It's been rough for you this morning, yet have there you go?
Speaker 7: I thought we needed rain and things for things to be really nasty. Well that was yesterday, all right. So with dry roads, I thought it'd be a little bit easier, but not the case. From UCA Hell Traffic Center, Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three five eight four Pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U Seahouse Expert team. That's five to one, three five eight four.
Speaker 6: PINK.
Speaker 7: Crews continue to work with an accident northbound two seventy five. Before you get towards corner, traffic is running heavy from before the Milford Parkway. I'm seeing some slow traffic northbound seventy one from just before the lateral near Smith Edwards and that continues into Kenwood southbound heaviest between two seventy five and Red Bank eastbound seventy four. That's slowly starting to get better through Miami Town. It was all backed up big time towards Dry Fork because of an earlier accident on eastbound two seventy five just after you get passed the seventy four split at Cole Ring Chuck Ingram, News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 6: Jordana back. We'll talk to her after their weather here.
Speaker 5: It looks like this sunshine, cooler temps hi today sixty eight, overnight low forty three, plenty of sunshine tomorrow staying cool, high sixty five, still low fifties around the tri State at yours Severe Weather Station, News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, let's head back to Jerusalem this morning with Jordana Miller.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, how are you this time?
Speaker 8: I'm good, glad we're reconnecting here. I think today is going to be a very critical day for these Gaza ceasfire talks. In Shawn Malshack, that's on the Red Sea in Egypt. All of the main players are now going to be at the table today, and by that I mean the President's mideastnboy, Steve wick Cooff and Jared Kushner, the senior Israeli negotiator, will be there. Ron Dermer. We're going to have the Katari premiere, Prime Minister Altani there and then the intelligence chiefs from.
Speaker 3: Egypt and Turkey.
Speaker 8: Turkey is a new player in this ceasefire plan, and I think it was wise President Trump brought Turkey in. It's a new lever pressure point for Hamas. Remember some of Hamas's leaders live in Turkey. So we're going to have to see what happens now. The first goal of this team, and of course the negotiations really led by the US, but the first goal is to hammer out details for a swift withdrawal of all or released I should say, of all of the Israeli hostages, the twenty that are presumed to be alive, the twenty eight bodies in exchange for more than two thousand Palestinian prisoners, some who have you know, a lot of blood on their hands. They've been serving life sentences. So these are going to be some you know, tough next twenty four to forty eight hours. Who's on that list of Palestinian prisoners? Who's now how quickly can come off, locate the Israeli hostages, especially the ones that have died that they killed in captivity or on October seventh, and then of course the details of the first Israeli withdrawal of their troops from Gaza. They're basically in operational control of about eighty percent of Gaza, but they need to move out of, for example, Gaza City, parts of central Gaza and the north, and that's also going to be something that's going to be heavily negotiated. So I think the next twenty four forty eight hours critical to see if we actually make progress here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yesterday, I believe Prime Minister and Etna whose office said that he was cautiously optimistic. Is that where we still stand today.
Speaker 8: I think the Israelis are cautiously optimistic about the talk. But remember, you know, there's a lot of you know, as they say here and everyone where really you know, God is in the details, and there's a lot that has to be hammered out before we can you know, take a victory lap Uh. And I think it's going to be tough for Hamas to give up all of those hostages in a short period of time, which is what they're being asked to do.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: And then I think it's also going to be hard for these really is to pull out, pull their troops back, right, because the military pressure is one thing they hold over Amas, right, and they have for for a while. But I think the Prime Minister is ready to end this war.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, these really public has been the majority of the public has wanted this war to end for a very long time. And NATANIEO needs to ensure that the United States and its allies in the region here are very very strict with Amases both that their leadership leaves, leaves Gaza and that they hand over their weapons and commit to you know, to giving up not only political but military power in the Goaza syrup. And that's going to be critical, really critical. And I don't think we're going to see the Israelis leave and pull back to the final buffer zone until there's an international security force in place and a new civilian government. So that's that that final step will probably take you know, a couple of months, but we're not we're not there yet. It's a process. It's going to be a process. But I think, you know, yesterday is remarked two years since that horrific barbaric attack, and it was such a painful day, but there was a little bit of hope here that maybe we're near the.
Speaker 6: End, all right.
Speaker 5: Jordanah Miller, ABC News correspondent, live in Jerusalem this morning, Thank you so much for your report. Much appreciating it is eight seventeen on seven hundred WLW. You can tour music Hall. They got those ghost things. I think those are sold out ghost tours for this, but we're going to find out how you tour music Hall and what you can see coming up next.
Speaker 10: When I listen to Willie, I feel better about things.
Speaker 2: Remember my friend Willy is here for you.
Speaker 9: Everyone says how smart dolphins are, but Bill Cunningham is way smarter.
Speaker 11: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed.
Speaker 9: Has a dolphin ever won a Marconi Award? No, but Bill's won two of those suckers.
Speaker 6: Open your ears and hear my mighty words.
Speaker 4: Of Bill Cunningham today at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Verdict with Ted Cruz podcast. I'm Ben Ferguson and I'm Ted Cruz.
Speaker 10: Three times a week we do our podcast, Verdict with Ted Cruz.
Speaker 6: We're nationwide. We have millions of listeners.
Speaker 12: We bring you behind the scenes inside the White House, the Senate, the Supreme Court.
Speaker 6: So down with verdict with Ted Cruz. Now wherever you get your podcasts, you know, speaking as a retire am thrilled. My company offered to four O one cave. Hey, I'm doing me a favor and hold the ladder for me. I have a better idea. Let's just call somebody to clean the gutters, to scoop out a few leaves. I'll be down in a hard fea.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 1: Using a ladder might seem easy, Misusing one is even easier. Ask any of the one hundred and fifty thousand people who fell off their ladders into the Trauma Center last year alone. Don't let it do it yourself project, do yourself in For tips on ladder safety, visit orthoinfo dot org. A public service message from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons who want to keep your bones safe, strong, and well connected.
Speaker 6: You're one stop for advertising. Call eight four four eight four four. iHeart Tamn Andre wlwe Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: I thought we'd go out to Music Hall their historical preservationists, Taya Chapcoma with us this morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Taya, how are you hi, I'm great, Hey, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: I was seeing that you guys always give the ghost tours this time of year, which I know are sold out, but I didn't realize you have other tours that we can do at music Hall throughout the year, right, we do.
Speaker 9: We are a nonprofit with thirty volunteer guides that lead all kinds of different regular tours of music Hall and the ghost tours a special ones. So if you become a member of the Friends of Music call on dot org you will get a pre sale email for that one. So if you do that, you might catch the next one. But we do have room left on our beer tour through Music Hall on October seventeen, and you get a tour and you get four beer samples from Ryangeist. So Ryan Geist comes and tells you about the beer and so you get a little history and some stories and then a drink of beer throughout the building.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 9: So sure and catch that one. We also have our regular indoor tour that we give about eight times a month. If you go our way website you can get tickets for that. It covers everything from the opening of the building in eighteen seventy eight all the way today, everything from the opening with the May Festival with seven thousand people court Serena. Wow, so you learn about all the amazing celebrities that have appeared in music call. So that one's an easy one to sign up for. Just go to dot org, Friends and Musicall dot org. We have a new tour called under one roof the African American Experience and Music Hall. And these are some of the long unforgotten, untold, forgotten and untold stories of African Americans that have made their mark on music Call, from you know, agents of change, to athletes to amazing musicians and celebrities. So be sure to come on that new one.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 5: We get to see backstage and all the various private and public places of Music Hall that are not normally open to the public.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 9: Yes, we cover the whole building, all three hundred thousand square feet, so bring your tennis shoes.
Speaker 5: He tya. Thank you so much for doing what you guys do. And I'm going to check out one of these tours shortly, all right, Yes, Oh.
Speaker 9: And I just wanted to say it's not too early to get your tickets to our Mighty Worlesser Organ concert. We have the Albe Organ Worlesser in the ballroom and we invite a famous organists, and we have the Happy Holidays concert coming up. So we've got all the bells and whistles.
Speaker 6: Literally, Thank you, Taya much appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: I would take one of those tours. I just can't wait for that.
Speaker 5: Okay, It's time for the Who Days Today report with Mowen Rocky coming up next.
Speaker 6: Our store and roof is the ultimate defense. Fall storms, cause damage you may not even see.
Speaker 2: That's Wykachen, and reap the monetary rewards. This is the Bloomberg money Minutes. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Tesla introduced new cheaper versions of the Model three Sedan and the Model YSUV, priced at under forty thousand dollars. Those prices are about thirteen percent and eleven percent cheaper, respectively, than premium longer range versions. Tesla's new models offer less battery range and are stripped of features including ambient interior lighting. The record rally on Wall Street fizzled yesterday. Declines range from two tenths percent to seven tenths percent. Billions of dollars have been pouring into artificial intelligence, and investors are growing cautious about lofty stock valuations, but Wall Street has posted a string of record highs. Yesterday's pause in the AI rally came after investors cheered a wave of alliances this month, involving Open ai in Nvidia and Asian tech companies. The Elon Musk backed AI startup Xai is also raising more financing than initially planned, including an equity investment from Nvidia from Bloomberg genas Cervetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: It's eight forty on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati, Steve Hawkins and for Tom Brenneman. This morning, I thought we'd head out to Washington right now. I've seen the National correspondent, Steven Portnoy with say, good morning, Stephen, how are you hey?
Speaker 6: Good money to you, sir.
Speaker 5: Hey. James Comy is being a ragin today. Just refresh our listeners who he is and what's happening here.
Speaker 10: The former FBI director is charged with two counts of lying to the Senate Judiciary Committee five years ago, where he reiterated his earlier testimony years prior that he had never authorized anyone at the FBI to share details with the press about the Clinton or Trump investigations. Now I have to say we've learned a couple of things. One is we knew that career federal prosecutors in the Eastern District of Virginia had recommended that charges not be brought because the career prosecutors believed that they could not sustain the charges. This morning, ABC News is reporting new details as to why there's a man at the center of this case. His name is Dan Richmond, former FBI consultant, longtime friend of James Comby, former Justice Department official alongside him there and a Columbia University law professor. Now Comy has admitted that he leaned on Richmond as an intermediary with the press following his firing by President Trump in twenty seventeen. That Comy had some of the extemporane contemporaneous memos that he wrote about his meetings of Trump leaked to The New York Times through this man, Dan Richmond, in sworn testimony, he has denied that he gave anyone at the FBI the instruction to share information, leak information to the press, but he's accused of lying about that. Now News has learned that Dan Richmond told investigators earlier this year that Comy never authorized him to provide information to reporters before the twenty sixteen elections. So if that's the testimony he's prepared to give under oath, what proof do prosecutors have that Comy committed the offenses.
Speaker 6: They're charging him with? Wow, this morning, it's not clear.
Speaker 5: So two prosecutors declined to do it, so Trump went and got his own the third prosecutor.
Speaker 6: Is that how that happened?
Speaker 10: Lindsay Halligan is the newly installed US attorney who rejected the recommendation of her office and moved forward, got a grand jury to indict. You know, a majority is all you need, and she achieved it. It's a much harder task to get a jury to unanimously convict. Now, ultimately, you know who is Lindsay Halligan? Well, she's never been a prosecutor before. In fact, she seemed to stumble before the judge, the magistrate judge in the Eastern District when she handed up the indictment, because she signed two different copies of what were essentially conflicting documents, and the judge had to ask her what was going on because the judge never seen it before. Ultimately, she is an insurance lawyer by trade. She was formerly in the White House task with rooting out what's described as inappropriate content at the Smithsonian Institution. She was a personal lawyer to Donald Trump, who was present at mar Lago the day of the FBI raid in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: But I understand the grand jury did indict based on what she gave them, the documents and things right now.
Speaker 6: On two of the charts, they were failed. They were not persuaded on the third, but.
Speaker 10: Just enough fourteen of the twenty three votes you need twelve, they got fourteen on the other two counts. And you know again, Comey's accused of lying more than five years ago. The statute of limitations expired at the end of last month, on the fifth anniversary of his testimony. The President, prior to the indictment, tweeted, well I should say truth, posted online at Pam Bondy, urging her to get moving on this case, and days later the indictment was handed up.
Speaker 5: So the trial doesn't start today. Explain to us what the arraignment means today, an.
Speaker 10: Arraignment is the formal beginning of a criminal case, a criminal trial, and the defendant will be brought before the court. The charges will be read aloud, a plea will be entered. You can imagine that James Commy is going to plead not guilty.
Speaker 5: Is in these cases do plea bargains happen? Or is he going to jail? What could be the best and worst outcome for him? Well, look, I mean, he's ardent that he's innocent. And this is again a case that's been looked at for years. Decisions were repeatedly made not to bring these charges, but that decision has been overcome by the prosecutor.
Speaker 6: Now. Ultimately, is.
Speaker 10: COMI going to agree that he committed some other offense with some deal with the Justice Department? I doubt that He's pretty ardent in his belo that he did not commit a crime. As for what today will bring it, it probably will bring some conversation between the judge and the parties as to what the conditions are for Comey's release. I'd be very surprised if he were to be ordered to tained. Remember this, the indictment was handed up weeks ago, and the decision was made to by the court to send him a summons, not to have him brought in any sooner.
Speaker 5: All right, keep us informed on what's going on. Steven Portnoy, ABC News National correspondent Washington, thanks for report this morning. Appreciated you bet eight five now and seven hundred WLW. Sloany's coming up after nine o'clock this morning. He's got carry sloan in balancing gun rights with the murders at a ten year high in Ohio.
Speaker 6: That's what he's going to start with. Out of the gate and ten oh seven.
Speaker 5: James Rapin in here talking Bengals and Joe Flacco at Snart Report this morning with Sarah Leise. That's all coming up with Slowey after nine o'clock this morning. Seven hundred WLW checking Chuck. Yes, sir, I don't think I talked to you about this, but this may be the most important story of the morning. Oh no, have you heard about the lady who in California who allegedly registered her dog to vote. I did not voted twice here. You know, voting is a fundamental right for every US citizen. Yes, I don't know about dogs though. I don't think so. She was charged with five felonies for allegedlate registering her dog to vote, casting ballots in the pup's name for the twenty twenty one California gubertatorial recall election, and as a result of her alleged action actions, the dog not only voted once, but successfully under a dog name voted twice in California.
Speaker 6: Amazing perjury.
Speaker 5: One count of procuring or offering a false forged document to be filed. And the greatest part of this she turned herself in and the DA's office found enough sufficient evidence because they went to her social media post and of all things, saw a picture of a dog wearing the I voted sticker, Oh, that would give it away.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 7: The dog voted wow. The best part I think is the dog voted twice. Well, couldn't make up its mind one of each. He went red and blue. I voted sticker. That's good.
Speaker 5: That's idiot of the week right here this night in California. We've had a rough morning. What's going on now? Things are getting a little bit better.
Speaker 7: From the uc Hell Traffic Center, Mammogram saved lives called five to one, three, five to eight, four, pink to schedule your annual mammogram with uc Hells expert team. That's five one, three, five eight four pink. Southbound seventy five better through west Chester's continues to run heavy out of Evendale through the Lochland Split for close to an extra ten minutes. Then there was an accident sathbound seventy five near Seventh Street. They just got that out of the way, but traffic was able to back up past the Western Hills viaducts. Should clear out rather quickly. Northbound seventy five. That's under a ten minute delay now between Donaldson and downtown Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WMLW.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: The nine first Warning Weather Forecast Center says, pretty decent day and tomorrow. It's going to be dry and sunny both days. Hi today sixty eight. Tonight is our first night in the forties with a windshill. It's going down to forty three, but it'll feel like forty. Get the mittens out, plenty of sunshine Tomorrow stand cool will be high of sixty five, still in the low fifties around the tri State. At your severe weather station News Radio seven hundred WLW. We are scheduled to talk about the air traffic controllers, especially if you're flying. Some of them are staying home because of the shutdown and that's affecting airports. We're going to talk to Clara McMichael about that coming up next.
Speaker 6: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 10: Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan, show this one?
Speaker 7: I see a rocket ship.
Speaker 6: A rocket ship, yeah, lasting off for the planet, Sloan, I see, and this one that.
Speaker 7: Looks like a fish swimming.
Speaker 6: In a mountain pond. Oh, very good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 6: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 11: Join me, Scott Sloan this morning at nine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Might be best for us to discuss some strong medications.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Arroyo Grande with Raymond de Royo.
Speaker 6: I'm Raymond Arroyo.
Speaker 10: I'd like to invite you to my new podcast, Arroyo Grande Discover Life Lessons, practical advice and inspiring examples to live by As I.
Speaker 4: Sick with Solon ninety four to five FMW two three three BG, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: It's about eight fifty five on seven hundred wl W. Clara McMichael joining us this morning, ABC's news transportation reporter in New York. Hey, Good morning, Clara, Good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you good? Good?
Speaker 5: This is kind of scary air traffic controllers calling out because of the shutdown resulting in growing delays. I guess the first thing I'm thinking about, what about safety?
Speaker 3: So it's an important issue that a number of people are worried about. But I have some good news. There are so many layers of redundancy in the air traffic control system. There are more than ten thousand controllers working right now who will continue to work. When there aren't enough controllers for a certain area, like we've been seeing, that's when they start to reduce the number of flights to make sure the airspace remains safe. So you might be slightly inconvenienced with a delay, maybe a cancelation, but that's all in the name of safety and what.
Speaker 6: They're talking about this morning.
Speaker 5: For about six hours on Monday, there were no air traffic controllers at Hollywood's Burbank Airport Tower.
Speaker 3: That's right, So I just want to zoom out a little. We're a week into the shutdown. We're starting to see an impact flights because those air traffic controllers are calling out sick. And as we know, staffing has been a big issue with air traffic control for years, and the margins are so thin that when you have even just a few calling out, it could have major impact. So, as you mentioned, this started on Monday when Burbank had no air traffic controllers. We saw flights delayed there because the air traffic control got pushed off to a different facility that was handling it from a different location. So you know, flights were still able to take off and land. But yesterday we saw thousands more delays and more staffing issues at many more air traffic control facilities across the country, and experts say that the longer the shutdown goes, the worst these issues could become.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Newark Airport, which is a major hub, delayed flights for about an hour. Denver was delayed for about thirty nine minutes. Do I understand that during the last shutdown, air traffic controllers started calling in sick and large numbers, and that may have facilitated the end of the shutdown.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So last shutdown twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, that's when you saw those controllers and some TSAA just as well start to call in sick. Now, last time it happened over a month into the shutdown, and so that's the big difference with this time, which does seem like a bit of deja zoo, but you're seeing it just a week in so last time, Yes, that pressure is what help and the shutdown we're going to be keeping an eye on if it has the same effect with the politicians, the folks in DC to get this figured out this time around.
Speaker 5: Uh, do the air traffic controllers get paid? They're central workers, I know, but are they being paid now?
Speaker 3: So they will get back pay when this is all over. They have one more partial paycheck coming to them on October fourteenth. But keep in mind these controllers work extremely stressful jobs. Some of them are working six days a week, ten hours a day. They're in charge of aviation safety. You add in that they're not getting paid, and that's when it gets to a breaking point because they have to think about how to pay for childcare, food, gas, medical expenses, you name it. In the last shutdown, We saw some controllers start driving for Uber in order to make ends meet. So these folks are strapped, like many other government employees. Some are living paycheck to paycheck, and that's when you see folks start to call out sick, which exacerbates the staffing issue. And that's what we're seeing across the country.
Speaker 5: Is there any indication that this time around, like last time, Trump will try to end the shutdown because these air traffic controllers start calling in sick, anything like that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's certainly something that we're going to keep an eye on. Certainly, Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy has been very vocal about these issues. We're seeing that on both sides of the aisle as well. Reaching California Governor Gavin Newsoen talk about specifically the issues at Burbank, but whether this will have any impact on speeding along a deal that remains to be seen.
Speaker 5: All Right, it's kind of scary stuff, safety issues and things like that. Claire McMichael, ABC News Transportation reporter in New York.
Speaker 6: Thanks for your report this morning. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: All Right, it's thirty minutes away from news time here thirty seconds away from newstime. I should say Scott Sloan handed me this. Actually Danny Gleeson did. Carrie Sloan is the first one out of the gate here with Scott Sloan after the nine o'clock news balancing gun rights with murders at a ten year high in Ohio. So we've got that coming up for you. He's got James Rapine talking about the Cincinnati Joe Flaccos. That'll be about ten oh seven, and of course the Snort reported about eleven thirty six.
Speaker 6: Good to have Scott Sloan back.
Speaker 5: Nine o'clock on the home of the best Bengals coverage News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Shootout near Fountain Square with the nine o'clock report on Brian comes breaking now says, hey, Bellie, you say two people are in custody after a man was injured about five yesterday downtown. This gunfire erupted in the area of six and Wald Had. Witnesses say they heard at least eight shots and saw two men firing each other during a.
Speaker 6: Chase with the heart of the city.
Speaker 12: The victim ended up on Fountain Square with a gunshot wound. Police have not released the names of those involved or any information on what might have prompted the gun fire. Again, it happened as people were headed to their cars or to Government Square to catch the bus home from work. Latest crime stats for the City of Cincinnati show the downtown area has been more violent over the last twenty eight days than over the Rhine A violent crime in the Central Business District and Riverfront up fourteen hundred percent since September the seventh, fifteen. Aggravated assaults, robberies, and rapes were reported in that period, and in the previous period there had just been one of those crimes reported across all of the downtown. You can see the latest crime report for the City of Cincinnati's downtown area if you follow seven hundred WLW on x now latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Triumphic Center. Mammograms Saved Vives called five to one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U see Heals Expert Team. That's five one three, five to eighty four pink. New accident eastbound on seventy four just after you get passed mc cool rings split with two seventy five right lanes block traffic back in on seventy four and on seventy five southbound seventy five break lights continue in and out of Blackland. They cleared the accident near Seventh Street downtown. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot com. Sunny sky is today at the trash Day.
Speaker 12: Much cooler temperature is with a high sixty eight clear tonight, and for the first time this fall, temperatures are going to dip into the forties. Plenty of sunshine Tomorrow stays cool, high sixty five. It's fifty one degrees right now. Duke Energy says it is now hoping to have power restored by ten thirty this morning. Over sixteen hundred customers and Lower Price Hill and East Price Hill have been without service all morning.
Speaker 6: There's no word yet on what caused the outage.
Speaker 12: Ohio's governor today appears set to ban products sold in the state that are infused with intoxicating hemp like Delta eight. An announcement to come from Mike DeWine this morning. He's been calling on the legislature to act and apparently has grown tired of waiting. Governor has said the products cause a high similar to marijuana, and he believes they're currently being sold to children. Shut down of the federal government now in its second week with no end in sight. President Trump is suggesting that workers who've been furloughed may not be paid for time they've missed. That has always been the case in the past.
Speaker 13: In twenty nineteen, President Trump signed the law guaranteeing retroactive pay for federal workers once the shutdown ends. When pressed by reporters on whether he will defy the law, the President sing this, I follow the.
Speaker 6: Law, and what the law says is correct, and I follow the law. That's ABC's victory.
Speaker 12: Kendo Network says it's obtained a memo from the White House that says the only people who will be paid when the shutdown ends are essential employees who state on the job. TSA workers are on the job at CVG this morning and there are no issues today getting through airport security here wait time is still about five minutes as of right now, all flights are departing on schedule as well. No delay is reported in the Tri State like they have been at some other airports because of a shortage of air traffic controllers who've called in sick. Last December happened to Joe Burrow Now, another player in the NFL's had his home broken into while he was away.
Speaker 11: Security footage has led to the rest of two men accused of burglarizing Cam Jordan's home in Jefferson Parish. Now, police investigating about a dozen similar break ins on pro athletes want to know whether.
Speaker 8: It's loosely connected or directly connected.
Speaker 11: Sheriff Joel Lopido.
Speaker 6: Says, sometimes you have copycats.
Speaker 11: He notes that the men accused of breaking into Cam Jordan's home are from Georgia.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he'll get his revenge on the playing field when we go back and play at the ladder.
Speaker 11: Warrants have been issued for two other suspects, Jim Ray.
Speaker 12: In ABC News, there are four elimination games on tap today in Major League Baseball. The Tigers, Cubs, Yankees, Phillies all have to win to stay alive in the postseason. Our next updates at nine p thirty. I'm Brian, comes from News Radio seven hundred WLUB.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 7: Got to Miami Valley Gaming October twenty fifth for a chance to win a brand new Jeep or thirty five thousand in cash.
Speaker 11: Must be twenty one Ohio problem Gaily