Speaker 1: On War of the Roses. You're not trying to find out whether Kyle is cheating. You're trying to find out whether he's serious, right as tell well, that's right, give me the story. Tell me what's going on with Kyle and everything that makes you want to do a different brand of War of the Roses.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, like I'm bracing myself for judgment. But so I'm dating this guy.
Speaker 4: Named Kyle, and.
Speaker 3: I'm planning on getting married on I have the.
Speaker 4: Date picked out, It's September thirteenth, twenty twenty five. That's always been like the plan, right, And I have rings picked out and everything, the venue, like I've done my research, Like everything is good to go. I'm getting married in upstate New York because that's where my family lives, and I want everyone to be able to come to the wedding.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's all good.
Speaker 3: The only thing is, and this is like where I'm worried that people might judge me, is like I'm not engaged. I don't quite have the fiance quite yet.
Speaker 4: And I know, like I'm aware that people.
Speaker 3: Think that's you know, like weird and crazy and.
Speaker 4: Wrong and stuff. But I'm personally like a big proponent.
Speaker 3: Of manifestation, and I feel like, you know, if I believe something.
Speaker 4: To be true strongly enough, then I think it can come to fruition.
Speaker 5: Have you and Kyle talked about getting married?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean not like I would say, not like in super concrete terms, but more like because we've only we've been dating for nine months and we've been living together for three of those months. Okay, so like it hasn't been like, you know, when do you want to get engaged in?
Speaker 4: When do you want to get married?
Speaker 3: But it's more been like, you know, I love you, and I really think that this is moving in the right direction, and I feel like things are serious.
Speaker 1: Okay, now the judgment is going to start to roll in. They're going to be the text messages and there's but but I but I like the fact that you are grounded enough of Stelle, Because I'm totally judgy too, I'd be like, yeah, Estelle, she crazy, but you are grounded enough that you go, I know it sounds crazy, but you legit believe that if you manifest manifest it is that what the word is that if you manifest this, that you believe it's kind of like I believe that I'm going to get a better job, or I believe that I'm going to lose thirteen pounds. So you are trying to Here's my question. Did you have the wedding date picked out before you met Kyle or since you met Kyle?
Speaker 3: So technically I've had the wedding date picked out before.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Here comes more judgment.
Speaker 4: Here comes I know, I know it's not but but you can say it works.
Speaker 2: You can you can make the argument, I don't want to interrupt it. You could say it worked.
Speaker 1: Because if you were single when you picked out that wedding date, the venue in Upstate New York.
Speaker 2: In the rings, here comes Kyle.
Speaker 5: He seems yeah, so at.
Speaker 6: Least you've got one staff down exactly.
Speaker 4: And like, you know, I've always wanted to get married at a certain like age and at a certain sort of like stage in my life. So you know, all of the pieces are falling into place exactly the way that I like, arguably manifested.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you kind of a personal question, is your goal being in love and having a partner that you love, that you love to wake up next to, that you love to go to Florida with that you love to have or is your goal marriage? And I know that's kind of a deep question, but I worry that your goal is marriage, not having a wonderful partner.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's both, Okay.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know if I could pick this one.
Speaker 3: Like, I definitely believe in true love.
Speaker 4: And I definitely like Kyle and I are absolutely in love. We wouldn't be living together, you know, if I didn't feel so strongly about him, And but I also believe in marriage, and like, family is really important.
Speaker 3: To me, and that's why, you know, I want to get married near my family and like I want to you know, provide grandchildren my parents, you know. So it's like both of those.
Speaker 1: In a way, I admire you because a lot of us just go through life like, okay, well let's find out what happens next. Yep, oh, well let's get married.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I admire you because you're a planner, right, But I'm going to tell you, we're going to get people who are saying you're over planning. I'll read some of those texts. While here's my question, though, what does this have to do with War of the Roses, Because You're not worried that he's cheating. You're trying to find out whether he is serious enough that he's going to stick to your schedule and marry you within two years?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I feel like doing War of.
Speaker 4: The Roses on him would almost be like too obvious, because, like.
Speaker 3: You said, like I'm not I'm not worried that he's.
Speaker 4: Cheating at all.
Speaker 3: I'm just I just need confirmation that, like you know that.
Speaker 4: He wants to be with me.
Speaker 3: And like forever, you know, like that this is really serious.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about it a little bit and I want to see if you'd like this idea. And it's not the be all end all, but it said, because we're not trying to fight him his cheating, how about we have Bailey filling in for Jenny. Call Kyle and you know the thing, Bailey, you've heard War of the Roses. I'm calling from your phone company, got.
Speaker 5: Long dozen long stem red roses for.
Speaker 2: You, and who do you want to send him to?
Speaker 1: But roses won't work because of course he's going to send roses to you. Here's my idea, and you guys tell me what you think you offer Kyle either some sort of adventure. Let's do this. How about a ski weekend for four at Lutsen with the condo and the rental and the lift tickets or whatever, so he can go up with his boys or you and another couple. And I did four because it's like, if it's romantic and it's just two, then he's probably gonna pick you, right, But if it's people, he's gonna take his dopey, drunken buddies up there. And if it's an if it's four, then he's going to take another couple.
Speaker 2: That's so then it's not as romantic.
Speaker 1: Or how about two thousand dollars off a ring at wedding day diamonds. Yeah, because think about this. If he hears two thousand dollars off a ring at wedding day diamonds, he might go, oh dang, I'm going to get his stell the ring with the wedding day diamonds.
Speaker 2: Gift card sreca.
Speaker 5: What a deal? Of course, I'll do.
Speaker 1: What a deal. But if he's like, no, not no, that ski trip sounds better and it's probably worth close to the same. I don't know how much a condo is and you know, lift tickets are expensive, So are.
Speaker 2: You cool with that? Astelle? If we call him and have a ba.
Speaker 4: Fantastic yeah.
Speaker 1: That way he will either prove that he's not really ready to buy that engagement ring, or he's ready to buy the engagement ring because he's going to pick that diamond. What if he goes down there and buys himself like a really cool let's yeah.
Speaker 5: He's got like a grill for his teeth.
Speaker 1: He goes grills like, babe, look what I did?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're cool, If you're cool with that, then Stelle will make the call and we'll we'll trap him and see what he wants to do.
Speaker 4: I think this is perfect. I'm really excited about this.
Speaker 1: All right, Estelle, you stay there, we'll come back. Bailey will make the phone call and we'll do that. It's all coming up on part two of Four of the Roses. Send me a text, let me know what you're thinking at Katie WB one and we'll be right back.
Speaker 7: And now the.
Speaker 6: Dramatic conclusion of War of the Roses, Well a girl can hope one one.
Speaker 2: Three kt W b oh Man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make a phone call in just a second. Actually we're gonna yeah, we're gonna make phone call in just a couple of seconds. But first though, uh, we want to talk a little bit about what the text messagers are saying. I don't think she's crazy, but I hope she doesn't just settle to make things happen for her. And that's what's really interesting. It sounds like she wants just any guy that will work, that will like you know that you know, we'll marry her, And it doesn't sound like she really cares who it is who it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's looking more for like a wedding and not necessarily a marriage with a particular person.
Speaker 2: This one says via text message.
Speaker 1: If we'll get the phone call in a second, Women who fully planned their wedding while not in a relationship are b as crazy, ron Kyle.
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 1: She convinced me a little bit, Bailey that MANIFESTI manifestifestation is a legitimate thing. We actually had a therapist text in and said, people don't know how powerful manifestation is. But then we got a text message from Darcy. She said it happened on Scrubbs Elliott. A girl had her wedding date planned out for its specific church. The marriage never happened because she cared more about her life plans versus the relationship. This lady is not self evolved enough. She is doing this in the manners she is, and the boyfriend should leave if she can't grow up running Kyle.
Speaker 5: Run, Yeah, a lot of run texts for Kyle.
Speaker 1: Let's make the phone call and find out what he chooses, either the ski trip or the two thousand dollars off a wedding ring at wedding day diamonds. One means he's serious, one means he's not serious.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, awesome, Thank you so much for participating in that survey.
Speaker 5: You did such a great job.
Speaker 6: We have two options for you that we'd like to offer for you, so maybe one of these particular fancy. First, we'd like to offer you a ski weekend for four in Lutsen that's complete with.
Speaker 5: A condo rental and lift tickets.
Speaker 6: Or we're really excited about this new partnership we've got, we'd love to offer you two thousand dollars off any ring at wedding day diamonds.
Speaker 5: Do either of those sound interesting to you, Kyle?
Speaker 8: Honestly, this the ski weekend sounds really cool. Okay, I'd be down for that.
Speaker 6: Okay, wonderful. I can definitely put you down for the ski weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't know how that's gonna go over with Estelle. Let me back up a second, Kyle. Everything is gonna get a little hazy. You're gonna feel a little bit dizzy. You're gonna feel lightheaded as everything kind of sings in here. Everything's okay, by the way, except Astelle has been listening to this whole thing, and she just heard you choose a ski weekend for four at Loots and over two thousand dollars at wedding day Diamonds.
Speaker 2: Kyle, let me go back and explain.
Speaker 1: This is Dave Ryan, it's not your phone company, and that's Bailey, and we're over on the radio. We're on KATIEWB right now, and we set a.
Speaker 2: Trap for you. Have you ever heard of War of the Roses?
Speaker 1: Kyle, Dude, I'm like, no, I know you're baffled. Baffled is a great word. Baffled is a great word. This whole thing was a trap to see whether you are serious enough about Estelle to pick a wedding ring over a weekend at Lutsyn for four with the rental and the lift tickets and all that. And here's the funny thing. As you're baffled, that gets even worse because as Stelle is listening, she's the one who put us up to this.
Speaker 2: Hi say, Hi is Stlle?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: Tell Kyle why you Do you want to tell him? Or do you want me to tell him why you did this?
Speaker 3: I can tell him?
Speaker 4: So, Hi, Kyle, I I wanted to put you up to a test to see, like, because I know, I know you're not cheating on me, Like that wasn't at all what I'm worried about. But I just wanted to see like how serious you are about me, and like if you were like seriously considering like taking the next step with me. And I guess I didn't realize like that that's not even really on your radar at all. So I'm kind of surprised, honestly, I really thought you would pick the wedding, like the wedding day diamonds, Like it's like two thousand dollars off. Seems like a really good deal to me.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of confused, honestly, and kind of embarrassed about me.
Speaker 8: I'm just overwhelmed with what's going on right now. I thought this was like I was just filling out a survey and they were giving me a thing. I mean, don't you think you're putting the horse in front of the cars here in the situation?
Speaker 3: You mean the cart before the horse? Oh?
Speaker 1: Snap, yes, it is that one. Yeah, it's not the horse before the card? Is the card before the horse?
Speaker 4: I mean, Kyle, we've lived together for three months. Like that's not nothing, And like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if you, like, I wouldn't move in with someone if I wasn't seriously considering like taking the.
Speaker 4: Next step with them.
Speaker 3: And I just kind of thought we were on the same page about that, and you know how serious I.
Speaker 4: Am about you and about like wanting to have a wedding and all of these.
Speaker 3: Things, and like it's just really it's really disappointing, honestly, because I I just thought we were on the same page, and I feel like kind of stupid, honestly.
Speaker 8: Oh Mann, Can I take the diamonds instead? Can I like change my mind? Is it too late?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a little bit too late.
Speaker 1: So I will tell you a lot of people said, what if he's got the ski trip planned. He wants to go on the ski trip not planned, but he would propose on this skill.
Speaker 2: On there weeks. Yeah, I don't think that was the situation.
Speaker 5: I think that's an ideal situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was given like two seconds to consider it.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Jonathan Fogel because he's always done some insight on this. And thanks for all the comments on War of the Roses.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This text says Estelle is honestly crazy. I would have wanted my boyfriend to pick the weekend get away. Run Kyle Run. We got a bunch of texts that say that why can't she just ask him and see if he's serious and sees the future. I had that conversation with my boyfriend five months in. I was getting serious. I didn't want to waste my time if he didn't see the same future. I wanted marriage and kids in a couple of years, and I didn't want to waste my time with somebody who didn't want the same things.
Speaker 2: How did that turn out? Finish?
Speaker 1: Give me a part two of that text message and what did your boyfriend say?
Speaker 2: So I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Or the roses on KD double ub coming up it's back. We talked about last week about how old analog hobbies are coming back, like bird watching, crocheting, knitting, majong is big. But this is something that's you've done it before and now it's popular again and it's a group social thing and I think it's really cool. It's back, it's big, and I'll tell you what it is coming up next on KD doub.
Speaker 2: Last week on the show, we talked about.
Speaker 1: How analog hobbies are coming back, like crocheting or you know, knitting or majong.
Speaker 7: Looking at an analog clock.
Speaker 5: Looking at an analog clock that's not a pastime.
Speaker 7: Well, like an alarm clock instead of your phone. Let him go on, let him talk, let me yeah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Bingo is back, bigo. It's not your granny's bingo.
Speaker 1: There people are flocking to bars, restaurants and pop ups to wait for their letter in number to be called again. That's not a church basement bingo or even Texas bingo hall bingo. Some of these are elevated with players stress to the Nine, sipping on Martiniz and nibbling on caviar. There are themed nights, Dragged Knights, dance breaks, prizes and more. And the best part is you cannot be in the phone and give the game your attention at the same time, so it's analog fun. Because you're on your phone checking your Instagram, you're gonna miss under the oh yeah, sixty nine, oh sixty nine nine.
Speaker 10: There's something called Bingo Loco that's like a touring thing that comes to the cities every once in a while. And I did it for a friend's birthday like a year or two ago, And basically it's like a rave Bingo.
Speaker 5: You'd play a couple of games.
Speaker 10: If someone hits Bingo, they have to go up on stage and like the prizes are like pretty obnoxious. Some of them are like sex toys, and like you have to like earn it, even though you've already won Bengo. You have to like go up there and do a dance or something. But then in between they'll do dance breaks and stuff and they have like confetti cannons and like it's crazy. So it's super fun. I highly recommend going to it sometime if it's in town. Bingo logos what it's called.
Speaker 1: Oh fun, Yeah, I love that. That sounds very cool. Okay, here's a good reason to go for a run. Aerobic exercise literally makes your brain look younger. Oh here's the story. They studied adults who had logged one hundred and fifty minutes of cardio a week for a year, and they looked at their brains on MRI scans, and their brains looked about seven months younger than it did when they started. Now, one hundred and fifty minutes of cardio a week, you divide that by seven, Well, most people don't do partimo, so fifteen. That's minutes a day, thirty minutes a day, five days a week. Am I right about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so that's not that hard to do.
Speaker 1: But I just give you a little bit of the Walking is great, Walking is better than nothing. But my suggestion is you got to get that heart rate going. You really get the heart and lung thing going. And walking is way better than sitting on your couch scrolling on your phone. But I'm gonna whatever it is that really gives you, like heart rate going and sweating and that pulse going. That's that's the kind of cardio that we all need.
Speaker 6: I saw a video of a guy yesterday doing like lymphatic drainage jumping or whatever, and it's like jumping. There's like all these different jumps that you do, and then you're like touching your ches and like wobbling to and fro, and it looked ridiculous, but he said he's lost eight pounds in a week from doing this.
Speaker 10: Your lymphatic system basically like we sit all day and realistically, like our legs should be up in the air, so like everything's just like drowning down to like our feet and stuff. So l fatic massages are like the new thing to like work out any kind of like water. Yeah, whatever, But I guess I've never seen someone doing what you're describing before. But lymphatic massages are seriously one of the new hot things. And I've had like a little mini one before and it was great.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, never heard of that.
Speaker 5: I'll find the video, I'll send it to it.
Speaker 1: I would love a massage, seriously come here. And that is you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you proudly buy the LEO Agency. Shout out the LEO Agency for and don't forget these are the same guys that donated up what they donated a thousand or was it ten thousand Christmas wish.
Speaker 10: So if you need a real estate agent, I highly recommend working with them, not just because they donated money, because they're really good at what they do. Their website's the leoagency dot com if you want to check them out.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We'll do Dave's Dirk coming up in a second talk about a family that is not speaking to their kid and the crazy reason why. On the dirt coming up. It's Katie, but be I say it's so fast, like it's it's important. It's k d double u B. I was in Colorado and I didn't want to cook on Saturday night and playoff games are on. I'm like, I'm gonna go getna get door dash. Now I'm out in the country. I'm probably about ten miles from the Buffalo wild Wings. So I gave them a generous tip. I got ten boneless and ten bone in wings with a tip. How much do you think I spent on this dinner with a tip?
Speaker 5: Don't ask me, I don't go there.
Speaker 6: Twenty six dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh are you higher?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Ten dollars, fifty eight dollars, fifty eight fifty eight dollars for twenty wings. Yeah, and I think I probably gave them a fifteen dollar tip because you know, I just figured nobody's door dashing because they love it.
Speaker 2: They always do it because they need money.
Speaker 1: But then with a delivery fee because I live out, you know, in eastern Montana. Oh yeah, and so fifty eight dollars worth worth every cent?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think. So there's some foods. Look, I don't care how cold it is outside. If I see how much that door dash fee is, I might just have to bear the cold.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was more of a matter of lazy. No, okay, you're misking to the convenience. I mean that's what we all do. It's like, you know, we're lazy. We don't want to drive down and do carry out when you can just sit there on your phone, not even get up and order it right on your phone.
Speaker 7: It convinces me to just not even have carry out period. And now I think of Jenny Becau. Jenny's been fault to me for going out to eat every time I do. And now I'll be like, would Jenny be proud of me?
Speaker 10: I only fault you just because I'm trying to help you out with your money and saving money and going out to eat is one of the number one things that people like struggle with with saving money because you're just going out to eat all the.
Speaker 5: Time because Buffalo is so good and I get it.
Speaker 10: And I hate cooking like you might think I like cooking because I'm me ial prep.
Speaker 5: I hate it. But I also hate not having money, so they both sucked.
Speaker 1: I did the slow cook her Sunday. Yesterday. I mad chicken and dumplings in the crockpie. It was okay, it was good, but it's a little bit bland. You can get the recipe on my blogs on Dave ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab Other things going on this weekend. We all had some adventures and misadventures this weekend.
Speaker 6: Can I do a shout out really quick? Lindsay from Rochester. She says she's turning thirty today. Happy birthday. Every birthday, Lindayyoo.
Speaker 10: A little tip for you because I learned this this weekend. So I have had just a series of unfortunate events happened to me, including getting into an accident on Friday night in my camper van.
Speaker 5: So that was a bummer.
Speaker 10: But I parked my van in front of my garage to unload it when I got home this weekend and I left it there. So the next day I go to move it. It's not starting, and I know Dave is going to know this, but like I so, I couldn't get to my actual vehicle that's in the garage and the van won't work. And so the person I'm seeing told me that you can put it into neutral and push it. And realistically it was like feet away from where it should have been parked, so it wasn't far from where I needed it to be, but I did not know that. So luckily him and his friend helped push. I tried to, but I am in severe back pain.
Speaker 2: I could barely do it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but they were able to get it to work.
Speaker 5: And I did not know that, and I was.
Speaker 2: So possied know that you didn't know what what did you?
Speaker 10: I didn't know because I couldn't turn the vehicle on, so I didn't know I was able to switch it into neutral.
Speaker 5: Without it being on, So that's what I didn't know.
Speaker 10: So what he suggested, He's like, well, let's just put it in neutral and push it.
Speaker 5: And I was like, because I was like, does a toad truck driver.
Speaker 10: Come and just like move something twenty feet while they do it for like a discount. He's like, you don't need a tow truck driver. We can put it in neutral. But I just didn't know because it won't start. And this time it's not the battery that I figured out. I don't know what's wrong with it now.
Speaker 7: So that they.
Speaker 5: But barely went to church with regular guy.
Speaker 6: I did this weekend, me and my mom saying in the church choir, and I invited my boyfriend, we call him regular guy, and he came to church. Wow, it is exciting, and he dressed nice for church. And then the second church was over, like everybody was coming up to him to talk to him, and they're like, all right, because I go to a very small church. And then during coffee hour he was put to work carrying tables and setting up different chairs and things and meeting random people.
Speaker 7: So do you like that that you go to a small church everybody knows who you are.
Speaker 6: I love it, Yep. I'd rather go to a small one than a big one. I all mix feelings about it.
Speaker 2: Tell me why why?
Speaker 6: Well, because I know everybody okay, and they all know me, and like, yes, I might not know all their names, but I know all their faces, and it's like, this is where I get. These are the people I've been around this whole time. And yeah, it's nice. It's nice like knowing everyone I know.
Speaker 2: I totally get that.
Speaker 1: We go to a megachurch, you know, once or twice a year and we just like to kind of blend in, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which I that's totally valid too.
Speaker 6: But like at my church service, at one point, my pastor was like, does anyone want to read scripture?
Speaker 5: Bailey?
Speaker 6: And I was like, yes, I do, so I just got up in the middle of church go read scripture.
Speaker 2: How many people are at an average at church service, would you guess?
Speaker 6: Well, like we have eight thirty and ten thirty. Eight thirty maybe like twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's the old people that show up at.
Speaker 6: The early one, yeah, and then ten thirty maybe twice that fifty.
Speaker 5: Okay, not a lot.
Speaker 1: That sounds about like my church growing up. Yeah, not a huge amount, but you know, usually full, like.
Speaker 5: Twenty two people on our choir, So that's pretty much the entirety of the really service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, gotcha, Okay, anything happened on your weekend?
Speaker 2: Vonta we should know about nothing crazy.
Speaker 7: I did because I was bored. I went on chat GPT and I had to put in a picture of my girlfriend Alyssa and I and you can go see it on my weekend in five picks if you go to Dave ryanshow dot com. And I said, here's the picture, give us a family, four kids, David, because you haven't loked at it yet.
Speaker 2: O, yeah you did look at the picture. Yeah. Do you feel like.
Speaker 7: The the four kids are like they could be our kids?
Speaker 2: They do. Sure.
Speaker 7: One of them has a big old heead just like his daddy.
Speaker 1: I didn't never really notice one had a big head, but yeah, but they're adorable. It's a really cute picture.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you. Yeah, he hit a big weekend, vonted, Yeah, grandios weekend. It's just so cold, man. I am not for the Minnesota cold at all. It's gonna get so cold this weekend. You probably looked and seen that the low either on Friday morning or Saturday morning is like twenty two below zero, which, if you're new here, that's honestly just about as cold as it gets. It's rare that it gets any colder than that, and that only happens maybe one or two times a year.
Speaker 2: Just so you enough, I will.
Speaker 7: Say, shout out. We went to Chee Cheeze over the weekend and God forgive me for forgetting her name. A woman from Children's Hospital came up to us, and you know, every year we do our broadcast from Children's Hospital. She was so happy to meet me and my girlfriend Alyssa, and she was like, I love the show. I'm so sorry I forget your name, but shout out to Children's because you guys do the lord's work.
Speaker 2: Literally, yeah, definitely, all right, let's do Dave's dirt. Seventy two percent of the following gossip is made up by Dave.
Speaker 5: It's Dave's dirt.
Speaker 6: On kad w B.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's not made up. This is a real story. So Brooklyn Beckham has basically said I don't want anything to do with my mom and dad David Beckham and Victoria Beckham as Posh Spice. So in a series of Instagram stories, Brooklyn wrote, I do not want to reconcile with my family. He said the performative social media post family events and in authentic relationships have been a fixture of the life I was born into His wife comes from a family with even more money than the Beckhams. Oh wow, that's impressive, because the Beckhams have got a lot of money. Brooklyn said, I am not being controlled by her. I'm standing up by myself for myself for the first time in my life. Brooklyn said the whole thing started a few weeks before he got married in twenty twenty two. My parents repeatedly pressured and attempted me to bribe me into signing away the rights to my name. They were adamant on me signing before my wedding date. My hold out affected the payday. They have never treated me the same since.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That's something I don't quite understand. But they wanted him to sign away his rights to his name so they would have.
Speaker 2: The rights to his name. Oh okay, weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He accused his mama of backing out on a promise to provide a Nikola with a Victoria Beckham designer wedding gown. Okay, and then they say mom hijacked the couple's first dance. Brooklyn said he was ashamed of his mom, who danced inappropriately and grinded at the wedding reception. The couple answered a vow were considered a vow renewal to create new memories instead of the old ones. So somebody said, google Victoria Beckham wedding dress, and I did, and it was a very like slinky, kind of a sexy dress.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, she's Victoria.
Speaker 5: Bous like I would if I was Victoria back over.
Speaker 1: I think the only thing that she maybe did wrong was it's not her it's not her day. Yeah, you know what I mean, it's not your day. Where's something that you picked up over at old Navy or cold pennies, you know, pennies. Yeah, and don't try to overshadow your son's new bride's day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that does make sense to me.
Speaker 10: Hilary Duff is out there releasing new music, and she did get back on the stage and delivered a performance of a song that we've never heard her perform besides in the Lizzie McGuire movie Here it is, So we've never heard her perform that live, obviously, but I know she performed come Clean, and she did it basically to hype up the release of her album, which is coming up on February second.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so soon.
Speaker 6: Nickelodeon alum Jeanette McCurdy has just published her debut novel called Half His Age. She's the same person who wrote her memoir I'm Glad my Mother Died, which is a really good book and I keep trying to get to read it because it is so good and it is being made into a series starring Jennifer Aniston as her mother in it.
Speaker 2: What's the book about Half His Age? Does anybody?
Speaker 6: I mean, I can only imagine it's about like that. It is a novel, it's fiction, but yeah, versus the memoir I'm Glad my Mom Died. But I'm probably gonna read it because the last one was really good.
Speaker 7: I think she talks about dating somebody that is old. No, well, yes, but he used to work on I Carl. I don't know exactly what his role was. And yeah he was about twice her age, so.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Yeah, she talks about that in the book too in her memoir.
Speaker 7: This is some audio from Asap Rocky. He was on Jimmy Fallon first of all, talking about him and Rihanna's new baby.
Speaker 9: Yoh, it was crazy. We met outside of a nightclub. I run hold on baby Rocky na right after me.
Speaker 2: Come on, how's baby? Rocky's it changed you at all?
Speaker 9: It's amazing and it's like uncomparable. It's just unexplainable.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I feel like a new man again and again and again. Yeah. You know, they just had their third kid and they're already talking about Rihanna possibly having a fourth kid. But aside from Rihanna, I really think this is interesting asap. Rocky got Tim Burton, the person who made Nightmare before Christmas and Alice in Wonderland, Beatle juiced all these iconic movies to help him with his out cover.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 9: So I had to basically stalk and harass them for a few years. You know, Yeah, you got I hit him up, and I was just like, yo, man, I'd be delighted to like kick it, which you play some vibes and stuff. So I went out to Mallebu to kick it with him when he had a break and he was just you know, he was into it. So we was saying, I played him the album, the early rendition of it, and he was he was rocking with it.
Speaker 7: And the album cover has a bunch of like monsters and stuff on it. For Aceop's album, Don't be dumb if you want to look it up.
Speaker 1: Chris Tapleton is talking about how Taylor Swift pulled off this amazing tour and how impressive it is. I mean, we all knew this, but it's interesting to get his take.
Speaker 2: I took my kids to that show.
Speaker 11: Every song was the production budget of most people's whole show, mine included. It's an insane amount of work and energy to expend on something, to delegate and to trust and to manage.
Speaker 2: It's unfathomable.
Speaker 11: Only a handful of people can pull that off, and she's one of them.
Speaker 7: As much as I'm not as Swift that you have to commend her. Man. She puts so much show me ship into everything she does.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I did think we all know the guy who runs the Glambot at all of the award shows. Well, he was like the Glambots where it's like this camera that comes at you and you do one little kind of move and then.
Speaker 5: It shows you in slow motion.
Speaker 10: It's usually like really Saffa, Yeah, you would definitely know it. So a lot of people had been speculating and saying that j Low was really rude about it, and he's talking here about how j Low actually was.
Speaker 6: My favorite musician in the world is bon Jovi. Whenever he is on the radio, mom is saying it as loud as she can possibly sing him.
Speaker 5: That was the concert I wanted to go to as a kid. I don't think that's the right CLIs but me.
Speaker 2: So the next daylabeled yeah, well.
Speaker 10: Regardless, he said that she wasn't rude, and he also because I saw this interview with him, he also was talking about the fact that nobody's rude because you think that the celebrities are forced to do it.
Speaker 5: They're not. They're they used to be. They choose to do it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So everyone's like, well, yeah, it's probably annoying that they forced you to go do the Glambot, but he's like, no, you get to choose whether you want to do it or not. So I think people just take one little look and they're like, oh, that person was a bitch or something.
Speaker 2: You know us a clip.
Speaker 5: She was facing away from me, so I am talking to her.
Speaker 7: She is looking away, but she's getting ready for the move, and in the moment I'm not like, hey, like turn around and look like I knew what she was doing. She was getting ready. I knew she was getting ready.
Speaker 5: I knew it was late.
Speaker 7: We were just like getting through it that moment.
Speaker 10: Didn't feel rude, okay, So Jlo was not rude to him, even though people thought that she.
Speaker 7: Was Simu Liu.
Speaker 5: You would know him.
Speaker 6: He's been in a bunch of Marvel movies. He's also in Kim's Convenience, which you can watch on Netflix.
Speaker 5: All of that jazz.
Speaker 6: He said that he has brought so much shame on his family when he lost his accounting job and decided to pursue acting, and said and that he was disinvited from family trips, and he had just recently visited his grandma in China for the first time in fifteen years. And he essentially credits it to like the level of shame in Asian standards would be like if I was addicted to meth and on the street. Whoa, and so I feel so bad. Froom like, oh oh, you don't want your accounting anymore. You're gonna do acting shame forever. You can no longer come to any trip family trip. Yikes. And he's like super successful. So what is I don't understand that one. Matt Damon is trying to well, I think he achieved it.
Speaker 7: Netflix is gonna start reiterating the plot in a lot of movies because Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are promoting a movie. They said that we're too busy on our phones and so we lose the plot. So they want some big action sequence to happen in the beginning of movies, and then somehow through the dialogue characters get reiterated or the plot gets reiterated three or four times.
Speaker 1: That way, we can understand are smart to do that, because you know, I'm usually pretty good about not being on my phone and I'll pause the phone pause in the movie if I'm gonna get on my phone. But yeah, it's you know, I mean, they're smart to marketed that way. It's like, oh, you can still watch it without losing track of what's going on, all right. That is Dave's dirt on KATIEWB. Jenny was up north and she has a group, a subgroup of humanity that she wants to complain about. Jenny has a certain group of humanity that she she call them a And I said, well, you can't say that every one of them is an a hole, and she said, yes I can, Yes I can, And you might fit into this subgroup of humanity. What is it and why? We'll talk about it next on KDWB