Speaker 1: Version six of the Initials game is now available at Initials game dot com. If you love the radio version of Initials, you will love the home game. Perfect for campfires, game nights, or family get togethers. Get the brand new version version six of Initials at Initials game dot com.
Speaker 2: Seems fun.
Speaker 3: You can't get on the radio alone watching campan dot com slash watch powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 1: All right, hawks, So you know how how Tommy thinks every Gopher player that's ever existed is like the greatest thing of all time. Oh yeah, so Adam Weber walks in with a new flashy haircut, and everybody's like.
Speaker 2: God, dang, it's a good looking dude.
Speaker 1: Both rooms are that many must be rough the quarterback, Yeah, good looking quarterback. You just got a haircut from the last time we saw you had the flow last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the full flow, which was working great for you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's the weird thing? Like I go months in between haircuts and sways like a really drastic change.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, all of us are like, we're all just growing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We're like, that's a good looking guy. This sucks.
Speaker 1: The rest of us looked like this, dang, it's a monsour is here a guys, how's it going? Agent?
Speaker 6: But how great he looks?
Speaker 2: What's going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I wore a hat, and I wear a hat on purpose, it's not on accident.
Speaker 6: But it's good to see your face.
Speaker 2: Have you been I've been good. I've been good.
Speaker 7: It's good to see you guys. Too weird to be back. The building is very different.
Speaker 2: Very different. A lot of the same smiling faces though, so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good to say. How was the birthday party yesterday?
Speaker 2: Birthday party was awesome?
Speaker 7: Mason turned eight yesterday. He's a beast. He's five foot one. Getting ready or not?
Speaker 2: Hit it?
Speaker 7: It would be I would be disappointed if we didn't. So no, he's he's a beast, but he's a little sweetheart. And he turned eight yesterday. Harry Potter themed birthday, so some of the inherited items from the hockey household were put into play yesterday, which was awesome. Yeah, I know, it was a great day. How many wands did he give you? Out of out of five? We got four wands out of five. Honestly, we woke up yes today with a little bit of an existential crisis and he was in tears because he the night before Abby, my wife accident, not accidentally, but she said, I've had so much fun with you being seven. I'm so excited for you to be eight. Seven was so much fun. He woke up and he was he was sad that he wasn't going to be seven anymore because mom had so much fun when we were seven. So we started our birthday with tears and we worked our way through it. We had again Harry Potter themes, so we had hanging candles that would be turned on with a magic wand so he had fun with that. The Hogwarts Express was the hockey element, so this is real like Lionel Train, Hogwarts Express. He had fun with that. So we snapped out of it relatively quick. But it did start with tears, which was not expected.
Speaker 2: But it is good. That's just sweet.
Speaker 1: Coincidentally, coincidentally, Adam, this is exactly what you and I were just talking about in the hallway down I walked down. We were just talking about how year a sun is about to go into what pre k and the transition from not being in school to school is gigantic, right, Yeah, that's passy to time.
Speaker 5: I mean, like you said, that's the childhood is fleeting and before I know it, they're they're growing up and become little human beings. And so this pre K move, I'm trying to talk them through it yesterday of like, you know, hey, new school change is scary, but it's good a little life lesson. That's what I love being a dad is like being able to share and you know, kind of help them through.
Speaker 2: Those those changes.
Speaker 7: And you remember really quickly that they have the worries and they have the fears, but once they get in play with other kids or they get a magic wand their mind's off and they're good and they're back to go. So that's the piece that we can have as the parents there. But it's good. I have also an eleven year old soon to be twelve year old and his voice is changing, and we're going through that sort of stuff and it's like, all right, that's a different step when you're thinking middle school and we homeschool, so it's a little different. But at the same time, like there's a different friend dynamics and things you're playing when you're eleven twelve than there are when you're you know, four or five in that age and eight years but it's like you said, it is a journey.
Speaker 2: I know some of you have been through this already. Fatherhood.
Speaker 7: Having kids is one of the best, confusing, hardest things. But it's every day is a journey and it's super fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, having one that's going to college, don't transition. Enjoy it. Enjoy every minute of it. Yeah, idea, especially daddy's little girl. It's been a little hard. Uh, brought a lot of tears the last few weeks. Has started to hit me pretty hard. We went to orientation. But again, at the same time, that's that's what we're uh yeah, that's what we're raising for unfortunately, is to be grown ups and to be their own person.
Speaker 2: And we couldn't be more proud of Gianna.
Speaker 8: But we would like to rewind time and go back to the pre k and you know, go back to remember we're going to Hogwarts down at the MGM Grand MGM Grant. That's a much different place, much different place. But yeah, I know, taking her down there in Florida to that and her tearing up going into Diagon Alley and all that stuff. So yeah, just cherish every minute of it. Take lots of pictures. Chris, not quite yet, but I am.
Speaker 6: I'm just so happy that the train is still having fun. I'll never forget getting that. And and again you talked about it when we were in here, had it with Alex because the Harry Potter movie started when he was in the Perfect Age. He's thirty one now crazy hey, right, and then Abigail, who's just turned twenty four a couple of weeks ago, her again and now to see the train carrying on into another generation makes me really happy. So that's great.
Speaker 7: And it still puffs out smoke, probably from the last time you loaded it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that was one of it. Was the sauce that loaded it up for Yeah, so well, welcome in everybody. How we feel And I don't know, is this a nerve wracking experience for u AJ? Do you feel like you know you got it defended or you have you moved.
Speaker 7: Past that the game? Obviously there's some russ that you're always worried about shaking off. I took a lap, I said hi to folks, got that out of my system.
Speaker 2: That was I think the hurdle to jump.
Speaker 7: Being back in the building is fun to see people and have that opportunity, So yeah.
Speaker 2: I meant not yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now we're good but these guys can play and it's it's always fun to come in and you know, have a different group than what you're used to, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: But again, there's always a little pressure.
Speaker 7: But I think we've had pressure for what Corey did the interview the day thirteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I think it was because something like Brady for Mack was born thirteen years ago.
Speaker 7: We've had different scenarios, whether we're giving away motorcycles or trips to London or whatever it is where we've had the pressure before. So I don't think that'll be a factor. But we'll see, we'll see, we'll see. Oh no, we shall see.
Speaker 2: Glenn basically I learned time.
Speaker 7: Glenn basically re enacted the exact scene that he had when he won the first round last year, minus the T shirt he's wearing. But he's got his same friend in the corner, his host over here. He requested to be in this room like he set the table to reenact his win last year.
Speaker 2: So we'll see if that works as well.
Speaker 6: What about you, Adamy, feel feeling excited, You're feeling ready to go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm pumped to be here. But yes, very there's nerves involved. I try, and you know, you try. Problem the great thing as you guys put that past episodes up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give us so much.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I just wonder You're like, can you really practice at this or is it just something you're just good at?
Speaker 6: Like it just depends on the edge of the letters. Man, I'm gonna tell you for sure, it really does.
Speaker 7: Some of the ones you've pulled so far had been like way harder than otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been very happy. I haven't gotten a couple fair enough. By the way. Ron Johnson just tried calling me. Oh, that can't be good. It wasn't a text. He tried.
Speaker 6: You must be downstairs trying to get in. You know how it is these days, trying to get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never know. Yeah, did he find me? Is he here? Okay?
Speaker 1: N you were calling and I'm like, oh, I'm like a phone call can't be good. I'm like that means he's not here. Made me nervous. I'm like, Ron's not showing up.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Since these two guys are here, should we do like three minutes of fan five because I have a question for both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since they're both Gophers.
Speaker 9: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip brought to you by this Saint Paul's say you.
Speaker 6: Say, I'll say it's gonna say spaceball dot com. And also thank you to our friends at what did we forget our circa? Yeah, that's r.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tom Ron Johnson, Adam Weber, Adam Weber, Ron Johnson, Oh yeah, it's familiar with Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I wish I wish never, I wish we were the same age.
Speaker 10: Come on, oh man, I had one quarterback for four years that would have helped.
Speaker 1: You have football run Ron played football, yeah, and uh Andy Pursby for a little bit, sure, Billy Cockrum for about two years, sold A du Khalik.
Speaker 2: And then Travis cole Man. You did have a lot of quarterbacks, damn and Adam had fifteen offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: So you guys are even uh you know, who knows about the Gophers. They're the team this year has a pretty low over under right, very low expectations from a gambling perspective.
Speaker 2: But the one thing that is hyped like.
Speaker 1: Crazy is Drake Lindsay right, multiple is mock draft, but who cares. But there's a lot of people that are mocking him. Top of the first round, which might be a pipede. But man, this kid's ceiling from a national perspective is growing by the date.
Speaker 2: You guys, buy it or not? What do you like? What are you not like? What does he have to learn?
Speaker 10: Prototype Like, he's a prototypical quarterback when you look at his size, height, arm strength, his ability to look back and forth and scan the field. The biggest thing I noticed was in the bowl game, and I think I tweeted a video of it, was he's still willing to drive the ball in the holes that the receivers aren't really giving them space. And I don't know if it was scheme. I don't know if the receivers made a mistake, because when I tweeted it, people were arguing me, like, that's the play. There's no way that's the play. Receiver ran to comeback first cover four, but stay between the safety in the corner. So basically you're running the comeback to a corner sitting out there waiting for you to come back to him. And so I just wonder, like, is Drake Lindsay or was Drake Lindsay truly given you know, all the possible weapons abilities. And that's why I think Isaac fricktie's in here now, like, you know, to kind of get that going and making sure the receivers. Because Glenn Mason always said this, He said, the old Woody Hayes, Ohio state coach. He said, coach, I told him a thousand times and he still couldn't get it. He said, We're a horrible ass coach. You know, like if you tell hibout a thousand times and they don't get it, you're a bad coach.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think PJ.
Speaker 10: Flex always says, like, you know, he's a sixth grade whatever teacher, but he had to teach each kid a different way.
Speaker 2: And so I think.
Speaker 10: That's going to be the key to this group is getting each receiver to understand or the coach learning what what are the how do these guys learn?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I'm not making any jokes.
Speaker 10: My roommate Jermaine May's might have been the dumbest receiver I've.
Speaker 2: Ever met in my life. We had a test one time.
Speaker 10: You remember, we used to take tests for football be for so we had to take a test before the game. You got to tell the coach the question was like, on this play, what do you have His answer was I play X. He's like, I don't play that position. I'm not answering that question. Our coach wanted us to know the whole offense. He was like, I play X. He answered that like seven times our coach showed us the test. He was like, are you serious right now? He wrote, I play X. He's like, I don't understand. I don't need to do Was he wrong?
Speaker 2: No, he was right.
Speaker 10: Should he should have gave a multiple choice where he had to pick an option, but he was hoping, like, hey, on three eighty three, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Well, I got the three route. He's like, I play EX.
Speaker 10: Like I don't know what those guys on this, but no, I think the ceiling for Drake Lindsay is legit. Like I've been out there and watched practice they do the goldpro and the helmet to kind of watch his eyes what he's looking at. And for what I've heard, the kid is dead on like he's a smart kid, strong, like I said, he's he's a big, strong kid. And if you think about the way a lot of these offenses are now, and you talk about Kevin O'Connell, you know, wanting to get to the line and play fast, and I want to be able to pull up forty plays out of my you know card. Drake Lindsay's a kid like that. And not saying he's going to be with the Vikings. I'm just saying he is what a lot of NFL coaches are looking.
Speaker 2: Adam, what do you like? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I think the ceiling is fair, the hype is fair. He has all the tangibles, his size, arm strengths, the intangibles, how he interacts with the guys. I think he's a good leader, natural leader. So you know, I'd love to see it because it gives some national attention to the Minnesota go first when you know we're middle of the pack, maybe even slightly below that. If he has a good year, I mean a good quarterback changes things and going into his third year, yeah, let's let's buy into it. Let's watch see what happens. I like him a lot. I like Drake a lot, and I think he's gonna be a great asset for the Gophers offense this year.
Speaker 1: I heard Justin Guard say this the other day that you know, he had three interceptions against Iowa, but that game was a disaster top to bottom right, The whole team imploded, including Drake. But outside of that game, I think he had two or three the rest of the year. Yeah, so just did not turn the ball over for a freshman and not turn the ball over all seat of one disastrous game.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Yeah, really good. Yeah.
Speaker 10: You gotta look at the health though of Darius Taylor. It's gonna come down can you run the ball. If you can run the ball, you can keep them in manageable positions, if they're in third, nine, third and fourteen because you know they're not getting any traction. Darius Taylor's you know, out again because every year has been something, you know, and so I think PJ. Flex's goal is he always wanted to find three running backs, you know, that whole joke pairing a spear with Marion Barbara Maroney days. But he wanted to find somebody where Darius Taylor didn't have to carry the ball like he's Adrian Peterson because he's.
Speaker 2: Not built to do that.
Speaker 10: He's built like these NFL guys now with you know, they wont another running back in that room with them, and you know, I think that's the gopher this team to run the ball.
Speaker 2: I mean, but think about it.
Speaker 10: If the portal didn't exist, they had to tackle, go to Ohio State and start. They had another tackle, go to Northwestern and start. Like I back in the day, those guys would have been here for their senior year with Drake Lindsay getting ready to block for deers to you know, like it's just that has changed.
Speaker 2: The scope of college football too. Like PJ.
Speaker 10: Fleck has recruited some top guys, they just leave because we have what nineteen fortune five hundred companies, And I don't think a lot of those CEOs are Gophers, Like I don't think they were born here. I don't think that, you know, like there's not a lot of lower to in the money where like in Texas, those guys are Texas born bread rays and they're finding oil and then they're like, hey, here's twenty million dollars. Go go get you a Lamborghini in a quarterback, you know, or go get you an offensive line.
Speaker 2: You don't have a lot of rich friends, I do. They don't like the Gophers though that supposed to me. I mean, Jack Greenway played for Iowa. He's rich.
Speaker 10: He could help out PJ. Fleck, but er look at that exactly. Paris is not helping out.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Gophers didn't recruit him and he was good enough? Did they not heard that story? They didn't hear that story? Well, they weren't interested. What did he do though he played?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What did he do though he did something off the ice? No, he majored in hockey whatever. They never recruited him. Wow, that happens. Though.
Speaker 10: We heard those stories a lot. We heard those stories. We did, Yeah, I think we have. We've heard a lot of guys say that Gopher didn't want me and went somewhere else they worked out for want me either? And your search hitch history is sketchy.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 6: I deleted that every night as far as I know.
Speaker 2: Cognito.
Speaker 6: Yeah, astely you got it.
Speaker 2: Gets it? Tommy won't stop texting me. This is his favorite segment because on his fifth coffee right now? Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 1: He takes six expreshows espresso shots every morning, like within the first five minutes of being.
Speaker 7: When completely overlooked though, was that when he was telling that story, he was six espresso shots and he was already on his second energy drink.
Speaker 10: I mean, don't they say don't drink coffee when you want to have babies like, that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of bath.
Speaker 6: What do you think he's trying to get something knocked up?
Speaker 2: I would hope. So I'll hammer the under the wrong parts. That works, Rod, I think he is going to hammer the under. Amen, I take that bet?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Should we do this?
Speaker 6: I think we should?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Although I know I've asked this question.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 10: By the way, your haircut is nice.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I don't know. Let me look at this here quickly.
Speaker 1: So we should almost move Adam to the great Clips sponsor instead of right?
Speaker 2: Should we switch? No, it's too late now, too late half hair? Well, I mean, but you know a sponsors a sponsor. Yeah, it works.
Speaker 10: Matthew found has had great clips at one point too, so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 6: He's got great hair.
Speaker 2: It passed away.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm Adam real quick? Is saskatchwe beautiful place. I don't know anything about it, honestly, but I like Canada.
Speaker 5: It's very flat. You can see for thirty miles straight. Yeah, and it's what I was surprised to hear. Is Regina is actually where the team is located. I thought the.
Speaker 2: Property here, I thought it was Regina. It's not.
Speaker 6: It's Regina.
Speaker 2: Played at Calgary, so I remember that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Regina Vagina, Now Calgary, Calgary is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love not too far from BAMF.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's yeah, that's what I'm saying. Flight the Calgary and go to BAMFS.
Speaker 2: That's the best. There's one weather down there. You get up there, it's freezing cold.
Speaker 6: It's amazing, sol But yeah, okay, let's play this game.
Speaker 2: We know Hawk doesn't like to go there, you know. And Tommy just text it again, Regina gross Apparently he's been there.
Speaker 1: All right when we come back, Okay, Adam Weber versus Ron Johnson versus Brett Blake Moore versus Glenn Schmidt versus aj Mon Seer. But maybe more importantly, again, no one hit the jackpot on Friday, so it remains one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars in one of.
Speaker 2: You get to crack at that after this.
Speaker 3: Up next it's the Initials game featuring the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union jackpot. Call one eight hundred three to two zero fifty three twenty six for your shot at the Initials jackpot.
Speaker 2: Next on the fad Bath every weekday, I mean, Jim grow the fan along with Big Deck dot Com.
Speaker 11: Okay, here we go. Another round is ready to go. They're all reped up over here. Shall we do this car? Yeah, I think everybody's ready. Everybody say, what perfect thing.
Speaker 1: Brett's there, brettnos how to run the board, so he'll be comfortable in that seq. I's back there in his lucky spot. AJ's back, Ron's here, Adam Webber's here. Let's let's go around the room here in a second. But first let's fire.
Speaker 3: The old Invitational. It's time for the twenty twenty six Initials Invitational, presented by Saint Paul Federal Credit Unions.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we are through five quarterfinals.
Speaker 1: Kelsey Cook advanced in game one, Belinda Jensen advanced in game two. Tatum Evertt in game three kept the streak for the ladies alive. Tennabe put an end to that by beating Amelia and Marnie in game four. So Brandon Moleski moved on and Chris dominated on Friday. Chris, you're moving on as well.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what happened.
Speaker 2: So we have five semi finalists already through.
Speaker 1: There's a whole bunch of people with three, which is going to make a wildcard situation potentially messy and icy.
Speaker 2: We don't know what we're doing with wildcards yet.
Speaker 1: That's up to the committee, and as of now, it's a one person committee and that's me. And bribes are allowed, but you gotta win to guarantee yourself a path through.
Speaker 2: So let's do it now.
Speaker 3: This is Initials Game six forty one on the Power Crip, presented by Builders and Reminds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you so much. Builders for Malers, Minnesota's premiere exterior home services company for over seventy three years for windows, sighting, roofing, our doors. Visit buildershurmlers dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go around the room, let's meet our players, and Chris will tell everybody who's playing for what Let's start with you, Ron Johnson, Good morning, morning.
Speaker 2: How are you Ron? I'm great? Everything good with you? Yeah, you know, life is life, Life is life. Excited for the Gophers, excited for the Vikings. Football is almost back. Football is almost back. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, we just want to see JJ McCarthy and Kyler Murray and games.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's.
Speaker 10: The everybody wants to see first few season game and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch the World Series of Poker main event tonight or not? Are you on it? Come on? Man? Okay, what happens if Ron wins? Who's he playing for?
Speaker 6: A sponsors today by our great friends at Radco andradco dot com. If he wins, listen, very special offer from Radco.
Speaker 1: All right, we got a combo platter for the next sponsors. So let's meet these two.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 1: Monsour the all Time Goat. We've had this tournament four times, you've won it three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I heard Nordo talking about the goat costume. I got a little you know, over skis if you will?
Speaker 2: Is he right? He's right right? Over confidence? It was it was okay, we're.
Speaker 7: Talking about birdays talking about cause it was my kid's birthday that day, so that was the fun part we did to celebrate.
Speaker 2: And I came in dressed like a golden loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that was rough. Adam Weber is here as well. Go for a quarterback, former Gopher quarterback, not current, that.
Speaker 2: Would be weird.
Speaker 1: That would be like like Scott Vacuola necessary roughness. Wasn't he like a like mid thirties quarterback slinging it you're younger than that.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 6: Thirty nine? Today?
Speaker 1: You're thirty nine birthday? Wow, should have came in dressed as a gow birthday.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was your birthday. That's awesome. We're going to ruin your birthday maybe I don't know, or maybe make your birthday.
Speaker 1: If he wins, what happens if Adam Weber or Aj Montsour wins today?
Speaker 6: AJ and Adam are sponsored today by our amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza on sale now for seven ninety nine and all Lonson Bireless locations. And if either of them went today, listen for a special offer from Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: All right, Glenn Schmid is back.
Speaker 1: If you remember Glenn from last year, Glenn was the Rube competitor. He won a game and then lost in the semis to you AJ, correct?
Speaker 2: Is that right? It's a close one. So Glenn, you're back. How are you feeling?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Sorry, there we go. Hey, I'm feeling good, feeling good. It's been been a long year. I did some cram sessions here.
Speaker 7: Leading up to this, but I think I think I'm feeling good about this.
Speaker 1: All right, I like them. I like the no nerves out of Glenn. I like the no nerves all right, what happens if Glenn wins.
Speaker 6: When a sponsored by a great friends at Great Clips, and if you went today, stick around to hear how you could win free haircuts for a year from Great Clips.
Speaker 1: All right, Last, but not least, Brett Blake Moore also here, and Brett played very well last year as well.
Speaker 9: Hi Bright, good morning. Yeah, I was in that semi final. There was a tie breaker, so a little Gary Bettman action going on putting the semifinals in the first round.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, height Yes, and Ron, it's Brett Blake Moore, not Brett. No, I can't even do it wrong right correctly. That's hard. Yeah, it's tough, is he might ever told him and Glenn they look alike.
Speaker 7: I think it came up last year, right, last year for the tournament. I think they sat next to each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and no hair over here at all. It's the weirdest thing. Bretta sponsorday by by our amazing friends that Buy the Yard. And if he wins today, stick around for a one off a kind offer from Buy the Yard.
Speaker 2: Let's call Blake Brett Moore, Brett Blakemore nailed them both. There we go chee Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 1: If you want to buy the home game versions four, five, and six, or you can play Initials Game. Look care what Glenn does from time to time. He goes and plays at Summit. But you can play it at like one hundred plus bars all over the Upper Midwest.
Speaker 2: Initials Game Live dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, before we play quarter final number six, one of you has a shot to win a whole bunch of money.
Speaker 2: It's time for the jackpot.
Speaker 3: Now, it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot, currently one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and twenty one thousand dollars. You're looking to buy a new car, save money on your current carl almost say Paul Federal Credit Union now offering out of loom races low at four point two nine percent APR. Apply today at Saint Paul's u dot org slash KFN federally insured by the nc UA.
Speaker 1: All right, this thing goes up five hundred dollars every week, goes up on Friday, so it is the same amount as last Friday, which is one hundred twenty one thousand, dollars.
Speaker 2: It goes to five hundred dollars every week.
Speaker 1: If the caller gets one letter in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: But if they get them both right, they went one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It hasn't happened in like four years, but it's happened twice.
Speaker 2: Why not number three today? You never know.
Speaker 1: Versus getting a caller, it's gonna go off eventually, somebody's gonna get crazy rich, big number right now.
Speaker 2: And then we've already.
Speaker 1: Begged that person to please come with us to Vegas and put it all on black and just spend at roulette will and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Goodness, Dov would say, bet on red twenty three red. But Dodd's any idiot, so who cares what? Dov?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: All right, we got somebody. All right, here we go. Let's pull this person up. Good morning. What is your name?
Speaker 5: It is Bernie?
Speaker 2: Bernie? Hey, hey, uh Bernie?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend? Oh? God, I hate myself it was kind of dead. Yeah, okay, okay, Bernie.
Speaker 1: H Bernie, you have a shout at one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars what are you guessing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess, Echo Charlie Edward EC.
Speaker 1: EC you're going E C now, Adam Weber, He guessed, EC. You have to pick one of these four packets and determine Bernie's fate.
Speaker 2: Number two, four, six, or eight. All the even numbers are left. Eight shocking. He goes number eight. Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Bernie, you guessed e C. If you have one right, you win two hundred and fifty dollars. If you get them both right, you win one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, I already won.
Speaker 10: Just getting through a.
Speaker 1: Good way to look at. I love that attitude. That is the hardest part. It's actually harder to get through and get selected than it is to actually win the jackpot. I love your attitude, and you're gonna want to hold onto that because that's that is Unfortunately, all you want is the right to guess the letter.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Bernie, he said his weekend was dead. No E, no C.
Speaker 1: The initials for game six forty one quarterfinal number six, The initials are going to.
Speaker 2: Be H and then are hawk knew it.
Speaker 1: The letter H and then the letter are all right, Adam Weber, Ron Johnson, Brett Blake, Moore, Glen Schmid, and A. J.
Speaker 2: Mons. Are everybody ready? You guys know the rules. You yell out your name. Your name is your buzzer. Best out of twelve moves on to the semifinals. Got to pronounce the answer correctly. Here we go. Number one of HR Clue.
Speaker 1: Number one, one word is a Scott's word, meaning course.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: These are often surrounded by people.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: There are two standard sizes for these.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Has rounded corners.
Speaker 4: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Has a plethora of boards. Brett yep hockey rink. That's right, it is hot.
Speaker 1: Hockey rank and the hockey fan himself, Brett blakemore on the board.
Speaker 2: Better get that one, Better get that one, wild fan, all right, Brett leeds early one to nothing. Here's number two of HR. Clue number one has a positive approach. Clue number two morally proper Ron Ron human resources, all right?
Speaker 1: Why not swing Ron Johnson out for the rest of number two.
Speaker 4: Clue number three refusing.
Speaker 2: To engage in insults or aj high road. That is the high road.
Speaker 1: You take the high road, and you don't insult, You don't gossip, an a green. None of that is here at iHeart. The second you leave the room, we rip the hell out of you. Sometimes in the room, while you're in the room face to face, but very infrequently it's mostly after you leave. Brett has one. AJ has one with high road. Here's number three of HR.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Often shared within a family or within a community. Clue number two, often used in non emergencies.
Speaker 2: Ron yep home remedy.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, that was a good one, Ron Johnson. Ron gets home remedy, and we have a three way tie after three.
Speaker 2: AJ has one, Brett has one. Ron has one. By the way, that means I'm not shut out, right, I'm back well again.
Speaker 1: But if Gavin Casey can get zero and get back in, and anybody can, Glenn has zero, Adam Webber has zero, but we have nine items to go.
Speaker 2: Here's number four of HR.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Often considered aggressive. Clue number two is very loud. Clue number three evolved.
Speaker 2: And emerged in the nineteen seventies. Glenn Glenn hot rod.
Speaker 1: No, that was a confident ringing, but no, Glenn's out for the rest of number four. Clue number four often considered heavy.
Speaker 6: Brett, I'll go for it.
Speaker 2: Brett hard rock. That's right, God, that is hard rock.
Speaker 1: We are back here, all right, look at look at Blake brettmore.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right.
Speaker 1: Brett has two, Ron has one, a J has one. Glenn and Adam yet to score lots of time. Here's number five of HR. Clue number one might use markers. Clue number two often pampered. Clue number three have risky behavior patterns.
Speaker 4: Clue number four are.
Speaker 2: Often found in macau Glen Gleen eye roller.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: That is a high roller.
Speaker 1: And Glen Schmid is on the board with point number one. Those are high rollers. How's everybody's feeling?
Speaker 2: A J good? We're all right, Ron good, bright good.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: Glenn got that? Adam happy birthday? Feeling all right? You got time?
Speaker 1: Brett has two, Ron, Glenn and a J each have one. Here's number six of H A. Clue number one might help solve a mystery. Clue number two can involve more than one person.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Unless it's your job, you likely have no interest in finding this.
Speaker 2: Glenn Glenn human remains. That's Glenn with human remains solid. Wow, dude, that was a tough one. Dang all right.
Speaker 1: Glenn at halftime ties it up with Brett. We have two for Glenn, two for Brett. Ron and AJ each have one. We have six items to go tight game for quarter final. Number six is number seven of HR.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: This is famously connected to a film franchise.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: This was made by someone named Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This is barely over two minutes long.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This includes the line Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.
Speaker 4: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: This was recorded in nineteen eighty two and released June twenty fourth of eighty three.
Speaker 2: Is part of a soundtrack See if anybody knows this Number six.
Speaker 4: Clue number six.
Speaker 1: This is the iconic song from National Lampoon's Vacation. AJ Holiday Road. That's fine, that is Holiday Road. I wasn't sure that's the luck of the draw, right. I didn't know if this group would know Holiday Road, but AJ did. Now that he has said it, does everybody know that song or not?
Speaker 4: Ron?
Speaker 2: You're shaking your head seen Vacation?
Speaker 1: If you've seen Vacation, you probably know the song without knowing the name of the song. Holiday Road is the big song from that that film franchise.
Speaker 2: We have a three way tie.
Speaker 1: AJ has two, Glenn has two, Brett has to, Ron has one. We have five items to go. Everybody's still mathematically in this. Here's number eight of HR. Clue number one is temporary.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Is probably considered irritating. AJ yep, heat rash.
Speaker 2: I mean you're not even messing around this guy.
Speaker 1: Geez all right, temporary and irritating, and you go straight to heat Rash.
Speaker 2: Why not? Heat Rash is correct and AJ takes the lead.
Speaker 1: He gets point number three already you're in that weird wildcard mess.
Speaker 2: No matter what. Now, we'll see what happens with three.
Speaker 1: But everybody who's still in this with four to go, Glenn, you're one back, Brett is one back. Ron your two back. Adam, you're not out of this either. Adam has four remaining and is down just three. It's not over.
Speaker 2: Here's number nine of.
Speaker 4: HR Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Involved in a turnover. Clue number two is numbered. Clue number three is paid for. Clue number four is temporary.
Speaker 2: Glenn yep hourly rate.
Speaker 1: Glenn swings and missus Nope, Glenn is out for the rest of number nine.
Speaker 2: It's gonna need help from the rest of the group.
Speaker 1: Clue number five involves sleeping most of the time. Clue clue number six, there are around one hundred and fIF fifty thousand of these in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh Ron Ron hotel room. Yes, hotel room.
Speaker 1: Hotel room, and Ron keeps everybody in this by not letting AJ get point number nine. We got a tight one with three to go. On number ten, here's the shitch. We have AJ with three, Glenn, Brett and Ron all have two. Adam, you need all three, but you're not mathematically out either, and you want to get at least on the board.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: So AJ is a one point lead with three to go. Here's number ten of HR.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: Intense and persistent.
Speaker 1: Clue number two features raiders and metros.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Often involves ill will or a wrong disliking Glenn yep rivalry.
Speaker 1: Right, that is a heated rivalry, and we have a heated rivalry between Glenn and AJ. They're tied with three with just two items to go. All right, So Adam, that mathematically eliminate you, but keep playing. I'll try to get on the board. Everybody else though, is still in. Is Brett and Ron. You're just one back with two to go, so nobody can walk it off. After number eleven, Aj has three, Glenn has three. Brett and Ron each have two. Here's number eleven of HR. Clue number one involves sitting mostly.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Is not exclusively outdoors.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This can be recreational or competitive.
Speaker 1: Clue number four it requires more than just humans.
Speaker 2: Fun Glen was first horse race.
Speaker 1: Incorrect a j passer ring in.
Speaker 2: All right, No, Glenn's out for the rest of number eleven.
Speaker 1: Clue number five historically connected to the old West.
Speaker 2: Ron Ron horse wrangling.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's I mean, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 2: He plays X. That's all right.
Speaker 10: I couldn't figure out wrangle was w R We noticed where there's a Christian rang with the Vikings, And all.
Speaker 1: Right, we're down to Brett, AJ and Adam. Here's the final clue.
Speaker 4: Clue number six.
Speaker 1: This is one of the oldest forms of human transportation.
Speaker 2: Five or Brett horseback riding. Yes, horseback.
Speaker 1: Horse race was so close, but we're looking for horseback riding is the right answer, and we have a three way time. Let's go all right, So the two guys in that room, Brett and Glenn each have three.
Speaker 2: AJ over here has three. Ryan.
Speaker 1: You need this one to tie and force a four way tiebreaker, Adam. If you get this right, then we still have a three way tiewright breaker. So either way we're walking it off.
Speaker 9: AJ.
Speaker 1: Glenn and Brett going for the win, trying to advance to the semi finals, Ron trying to force a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Here we go for everything. Number twelve.
Speaker 4: Of HR Clue number one.
Speaker 2: Connected to Kings.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: The first word at one point features four consecutive vowels.
Speaker 4: Clue number three are.
Speaker 1: Considered golden brownish or golden yellowish.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Are sold in a connected sheet Bread for the shoot Hawaiian rolls rules and Brett his moving on in upset fashion.
Speaker 2: Brett's moving the final. You're right behind him. You had to yeah, connect damn.
Speaker 1: First I was tight, all right, so here's a row, and then I was like, oh, so the Kings Brett wins. We'll get to Brett's sponsor and stuff. In a second, Brett is moving on. Brett, Congratulations, nicely done. Hawaiian roles as the winner. But now Glen and A J are also in that three pile, so you guys also might still be moving on. What a mess we have a I think it's like six or seven people now something like that that have three, and I doubt in the last three games, I doubt we're gonna have three or more people get four and lose, you know what I'm saying. So I would assume unless something really strange mathematically happens, that everybody with three is gonna have a chance of this as well.
Speaker 2: But Brett is the winner of quarterfinal.
Speaker 6: Number sex come on, thank you.
Speaker 1: And Brett was sponsored today by our amazing friends that Buy the Yard and since he won, visit any of Buy the yards three showrooms and mentioned initials to get ten percent off and free delivery on Buy the Yard's maintenance free outdoor furniture, valid on in store purchases now through Friday.
Speaker 6: Incredible, man, what a round.
Speaker 10: I cannot believe you didn't have human resources or home line. That's the two that was stuck in my head and that screwed me.
Speaker 2: And we've done the owns before and.
Speaker 1: I wanted to start with heated rivalry and see what happens. Just crossed my fingers that it wasn't Zach's week.
Speaker 9: I know, I was really lucky with my first two is hockey rank and hard rock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's that's right up my alley and heated rivalry.
Speaker 2: You loved, You've seen it three times on repeat, Adam.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's your birthday. Can't be a bad day, no matter what. It's your birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be all right, pretty embarrassing, but we'll survive.
Speaker 1: Well, You're you're facing the all time goat, one of the all time Rube goats, because Glenn can kick.
Speaker 2: Everybody's ass out there across the Upper Midwest.
Speaker 1: And Brett is sneaky good at this, Yame is and Ron you like you consistently get two once in a while you went, but like you're good for two.
Speaker 10: Every time you play any more black questions, we get some more black.
Speaker 2: What is that supposed to mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's right, I know I'm always asking for those two.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, Yeah, yeah, see, I mean you didn't know Holiday Road that's.
Speaker 2: My bad hard rock?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry, man, I.
Speaker 6: Think that was Guarter whatever, the closest one we've done maybe in a long time. That felt like a final round as supposed.
Speaker 2: To first, tight to the end.
Speaker 10: I'm happy for Brett because everybody was just like fusely sucking it up for a j Like they just were, Oh, they were just gobbling it up.
Speaker 2: They just thought AJ was thing everyone. But this would be the money, this would be the most thing. How did I get put with a one seed? That's what I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, schedules are hard, but here's what I Here's here's the this is the most AJ thing of all time. Wins round one, You're going to find a way to get a wild card and get through to round two.
Speaker 2: You're still gonna win the whole thing. It's going to be the craziest path to a title of all time. Is AJ is still going to be the check point? Is Vega is going to allow people to start betting on this? I'm sure one of those polymarket sites. Yeah, yeah, we used to back in the day with Better Edge, Right, Better Edge used to have initials odds on a weekly basis.
Speaker 6: You're catching about nine guinds of hell about Wrangle over here. Just be ready for the guys.
Speaker 10: Name is Christian Wrangle. I knew it was horse and I'm like, what else could it be? And I didn't think horse wrangling. Yeah, horsebag.
Speaker 2: I'm like that. I thought that was two words a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm like, so, yeah, see, Adam, I've had I've had a handful of people I think it was three this year said they didn't want to be in the tournament because it makes him too anxious, too nervous.
Speaker 2: They don't want to look dumb.
Speaker 1: So you got zero, but you didn't say a horse ring, right, small little victories on the.
Speaker 10: Way I will go to Costco rotissary. Chicken just stares at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one, that one's gonna haunt you forever. I got that one. Yeah, but it's it's for sure.
Speaker 1: But remember what was the was it like we talked about, like the Lost Leader or something? I forget how Yeah, what was the controversy connected a rotistory chicken?
Speaker 10: There was some kind of a loss you said it was? You say they don't make any money?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought there was another controversy about that one.
Speaker 10: I don't remember what it was. People were saying it wasn't the answers, I don't remember. I thought it was the lost Leader. Like, I know, you're saying they don't make money. They just get people to walk to the back of Yeah, I don't even know if I had that one.
Speaker 1: I don't even buy retissary chicken, but I still go all the way. I guess Costco. You gotta go through the whole. Why would you not go through the whole?
Speaker 2: Chicken off?
Speaker 10: Put it on a on a case of d or something.
Speaker 1: Man, Hawaiian roll dude, Happy birthday man, Thanks for coming, Adam, Congrats to Brett.
Speaker 2: Good to see a j Good to see Glenn. We'll keep you two up to day.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens with the last three quarter finals. Ron things for your time.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Right tomorrow Standard Power TROM Morning Show five thirty to nine. I believe John Bonus will be back. We'll be here, that's right, Yeah, Barney Gellner will be here. We'll talk briefly with Jeff Platform ESPN because the World Series of Poker main event is my super Bowl. Can't wait to see what he thinks about tonight. I'm gonna be watching the twenty two year old kid. What a punk, just gonna win millions of dollars. A lucky son of a bitch, but he's super good and he seems like a nice.
Speaker 2: Guy nine a noon.
Speaker 1: His next Power trop back tomorrow five thirty to nine. Thanks about the guys in the Super Troopers as well, see tomorrow today.
Speaker 2: Some to tom we do you have waiting for day?
Speaker 6: True alpadubl wef you do hard.
Speaker 2: Thanks today, going to explore sitting round. I'm gonna make your heart sing, so get up your soon. From the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This