Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papada.
Speaker 2: Gus terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt Money Smith The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petrose Papadacus and Matt Money Smiths.
Speaker 2: I didn't come here to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him. I can't tell you how many like big time interviews I've turned down. Umdit serious, umnit serious? All they wanted was some food, keep it lit, rip city. Yeah, really really really can't do it. Do not settle for confusion. Call me ux Petros Money A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Halfway through. Our four hour broadcasts will go untill seven pm tomorrow, will go until six thirty. We will have Clippers Wizards basketball. They have won three in a row now and are but seven games under five hundred as they claw their way back to even working my way back to you, girl with a burning love inside. We are also your home for football, but most importantly we are your home with the back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, and tonight you will have award winning Dodger program. He won the award one.
Speaker 1: The great speech which he mocked us you our show, David Vesse.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody who was barbecuing said, oh, Lord Jesus is a farm on the stove talk and then the smoke. Ghat me, I got Bruno? Anything else? Swatch.
Speaker 1: David Vesey a big winner today at the Southern California Sports Broadcast Just Association Award one Talk Show of the Year. His father in law was there to proudly cheer him on, as were the rest of us, including an underdressed Colin Yee.
Speaker 2: David Vess he joined us on your.
Speaker 1: Southern California Toyota neither celebrity hotline. But the Lord giveth like he giveth Vassay the award, and the Lord taketh away like he took Nolan Aeronado from David Vesse again as Nolan Aeronado leaves the cardinalis like Dave said he would, but he goes to Arizona, the Snakes of all places. Here to discuss it all is the talk show Host of the Year David Vassa at the Real Underscore DV Spectrum Sports dot MLB networking right here on M five seventy LA Sports A Home for the Humans.
Speaker 3: Hello Dave, Hi, guys. Yeah, it was special to be out there today, even more special to watch Petros write out the show and do his show prep during the entire program today at the Sokou broadcast.
Speaker 2: So we were running out of time, you know. How do you know he wasn't pennying his acceptance speech assuming that the Petros and Money show would have won Talk show doing That's true.
Speaker 3: He was onto page three, so it could have been right in that in that wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Did you write your speech before, Dave? You did you feel like you were going to win? Did they tip you off and say, hey, make sure you got a speech ready because this award is going to be yours? David? Did you know it was beautiful what you said?
Speaker 3: I have no idea I had no idea, you know it. I think it says something about our radio station that all three of the finalists were from A five to seventy LA sports. It says they.
Speaker 2: Wanted us to buy a table exactly. Well, we'll get zero next year because we already pull at our table.
Speaker 3: We are loaded at this station. You know, we're ruining baseball at this radio station.
Speaker 1: That's a great point by you, Dave. So did your father in law say, hey, that was a great speech. I've never been more proud of anybody in my family than I am of you, David Vasse, my son in law broadcaster.
Speaker 3: On the way home. On the way home, he said, for one day, my wife, my daughter did not marry a loser.
Speaker 2: Just for today, just today, the father of my grandchildren is a man that makes me proud. Looking around that room and seeing Dave honored by this group of individuals, I've never been so proud of someone.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Dave, did you ever hear about the freedom trained before today?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know I didn't really appreciate that. How I was being talked down to, like nobody has ever read a history book in that room, including you. Petros, who is more well read than all those people combined in that room.
Speaker 2: What about Matt Smith at the charger table?
Speaker 3: I didn't see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was not They didn't hold a seat for me. I showed up and I was like, well, there's no seats at this table where am I sitting?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Dave, did you know about Harvey Hyde sponsorship?
Speaker 2: Because you do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm very well versed now on the exploits from Harvey Hyde.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about getting a title sponsor for Dodger Talk? Because he called and they didn't even ask him how much. They just said, absolutely, I'll be your title sponsor. Have you ever done that?
Speaker 3: Dave? Hey? I told Dave Weiss and David Howard at our table, who's in charge of marketing and sales. I said, hey, you guys better start taking some notes. Grab a piece of paper from Petros and start writing down some notes.
Speaker 2: That's the thing to do, exactly right. He brought David Masse is our gap at the Real Underscore DV.
Speaker 1: He's got Dodger Talk tonight and he is the host of the talk show of the Year according to the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Association and Proud we are like.
Speaker 3: I had a good chance because as I was walking into the room, the Great Blake Snell gave me a call to wish me good luck. No villa, he smelled it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm amazed that you told him that you were up. I told my wife we were up for an award today. You I might as well have said nothing. Right, Well, it didn't even Speed left early and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm like, I'm at this awards lunch. I was trying to explain it to him.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, then, Dave, what about Hartman? He stayed for the speech. We didn't stay. We had to come back and do the show. You got to report to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. They announced Steve Hartman inducted into the Hall of Fame. Everybody stands up. I looked back and pride at you guys, and you guys were gone.
Speaker 2: We got to do the show.
Speaker 3: Well, it was. It was. Eric Dickerson wore his Pro Football Hall of Fame canton jacket, his mustard jacket with the Hall of Fame patch on it, and took it off to give it to Hartman towere during his speech.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, and.
Speaker 3: Shockingly, Steve Hartman's speech was on the under than Harvey Hyde's speech, which nobody handicapped going into today's.
Speaker 2: But your Harvey Hyde speech wasn't that long? Would Yes?
Speaker 3: I thought Jim Hill was very classy as always. I loved his.
Speaker 2: Speech, absolutely beautiful. It was motivating, he was uplifting. It was made you reflect, you know, think about what the hell am I doing? Maybe you want to hit the train station.
Speaker 3: I mean that was incredible. That was the most cringe story to try to relate to the room.
Speaker 2: That's I second that Dave did. Steve Hartman mention us.
Speaker 3: He mentioned everybody except you, even Sonny but Kara was at his table, mentioned him. He mentioned Michael Thompson and Vic the Brick. He mentioned his uh sports.
Speaker 2: Radio Billy, Billy the Steamer, all of them.
Speaker 3: No mention of Petro some money, no mention, but he did. He did tip his cap to Brian Long, our program director, obviously hoping to keep the door open for future possibilities.
Speaker 2: That's right, be Long put me on the air down in San Diego. I'd love another opportunity in l A.
Speaker 3: I love and I love clear He's not retiring just because he was in the Hall of fame for broadcasters. He's not retired. Yeah, and he said he's had three farewell dinners at k t l A. And speaking of k t l A, I would I had one foot out the door and who shouts my name? The one and only Pingling Pingalore. I thought he wanted to throw down right there?
Speaker 2: What did he want to do?
Speaker 3: All he wanted? All he wanted was a hug. Third Scoogle is not in the.
Speaker 2: House, nice guy. Speaking of the hon stove, Dave and the Pingalore's schoobl repelm a bit, guys.
Speaker 1: It's not hell a bit, Dave. What about Aeronauto going to Arizona? Could the Dodgers have used him? And what's going on?
Speaker 3: No, it actually speaks volumes about where the Angels are headed this year because he would have been a perfect fit considering that the Diamondbacks are only paying five million this year six million next year of his contract, gave up basically nothing for him, and the Angels could have brought home a kid from Orange County to play third base for them, and they did not pursue him at all. So it just speaks volumes about which direction the Angels are headed as far as their payroll this upcoming season and just where they're where they're headed in twenty twenty six. The Dodgers and Nolan Arenado, that train passed a long time ago. It was never going to a yeah train. That train was not picking up anybody named Dolan Aernado and bringing him to Dodger Stadium the last four years. So when he went to Saint Louis, So it was shocking how open Heim Bloom, the new GM for the Cardinals, was about the fact that, yeah, we want to trade Nolan. Yeah he wants a trade. We're just trying to figure out the best place for him. And he did have a full note trade clause, so he did control that to a certain extent. And Arizona makes a lot of sense. He's back on the West Coast. He's going to be back at the spring training facility that he grew up in with the Rockies. So the last two years of this contract a good fit for Nolan Arenado and for the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Well, another piece finds a place. What about the Kyle Pucker Cody Bellinger pieces that are out there, Dave, and how soon we might find a home for those two and whether or not the Dodgers are realistic landing spots for either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like it's coming to a head here by the end of the week, just by reports on the East Coast that Kyle Tucker is going to make a decision by the end of this week, whether it's the Blue Jays, the Mets, the Dodgers, or maybe even the Phillies. I had been told during the NLDS that if the Phillies lost Kyle Schwarber, it was a slam dunk they would pursue Kyle Tucker. Now could they dip into the Tucker sweepstakes. They had a meeting with Bo Baschett yesterday. There seems to be a lot of interest on both sides to sign Bob Baschett. So I kind of still believe this is between the Blue Jays, the Mets, and to a certain extent, the Dodgers hanging around that proverbial backboard if Kyle Tucker wants to go for a shorter term deal and be with the team that's trying to repeat.
Speaker 1: David Massey our guest who's on Dodger Talk tonight, Dave.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's just yours, truly the talk show host of the year. I don't need anybody else coming on. He knows a lot of baseball. If you want to know about the Brooklyn Dodgers and Yogi Bearrah.
Speaker 2: There you go. Well speaking about you know, I mean stuff from the past.
Speaker 3: Feel like we had enough of a history lesson today.
Speaker 2: It's gonna say maybe you dig deeper into the past and put someone on to talk about the train, you know, just kind of share what the audience like. If you don't know, it wasn't an actual train. What it was was a series of.
Speaker 1: House Georgia, South Carolina passy.
Speaker 3: As always court geography.
Speaker 2: Wow, Dave, last one for you. Let's spin it back to the Dodgers, because that's why you won that award. You're so knowledgeable and death with dealing Dodger information you had Ryan ward on. You're like a month away from having to get your ass to Arizona. Who are some of the young dudes that we ought to be digging into m I LB dot com to figure out what that's going to look like when when Glendale and Camelback Ranch get rolling.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, here's something to connect it to Kyle Tucker. If the Dodgers do indeed sign Kyle Tucker, how are they going to have a spot for some of these young outfielders like Zayer Hope and some of these other kids the roda that we keep hearing about, how is that where's the spot for them in the next two years? So does that make them expendable in a trade? If they do sign Kyle Tucker to a three or four year deal, if you sign Cody Bellinger, he conceivably could move to first base. So that's a question to me. But as far as my pick for the breakout Minor league contributor to the Dodgers, it's gotta be River Ryan. I firmly believe from what players told me in September about the way he was pitching and him being on Dodger Talk a couple of weeks ago as well, just how he expanded his repertoire and how he really has learned how to become a pitcher during this period of time that he was coming back from Tommy John to me screams that he is this year's emmic Sheen just being a huge impact the second half of the season and into the postseason.
Speaker 1: River Ryan finally understanding the fact that we want a picture, not a belly hitcher, Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: By the way, how about Dave Winn the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Talk Show Host of the Year award, like a half decade after Clyle tried to get him fired for sending a message to Kara Smith about the things he was saying on the air about her husband.
Speaker 3: Le try to get me fired.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and Matt won't let it go.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: She can you believe this guy is saying these things about your husband? Can you believe it? Kara? Can you believe? And now here you are a winner of a major award. Congratulations Dave.
Speaker 3: He can't live a lie and you don't say we because we don't speak French on the Dodger Talk radio broadcast like human beings.
Speaker 1: Nice job, Dave, Thank you, Dave. Thanks for the shout out today too. Dave's got his father in law on Dodger Talk tonight, The Good Doctor, and we'll be back with more great sports doc the top.
Speaker 2: Story of the day, Great Sports Talk. I don't think Cloud tried to get him fired. I think she just wanted to alert Cara to the fact that the Dodger insider.
Speaker 1: Do you think she would have felt bad if the result was, Oh my god, this man needs to be fun.
Speaker 2: I would hope, so, I would hope.
Speaker 1: So we'll be back with more Petros and Money on AM fi seventy LA Sports Top Story of the Day. Next, we've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 1: People, get ready, there's a train of coming, Petro said Money Show on AM five seventy.
Speaker 2: Don't need no ticket, you just get on board. All you need is the iHeartRadio app to hear the diesels running.
Speaker 1: Whoa you just thank the Lord, baby, you apologize to him.
Speaker 2: No, Petroboddy live. He did everything possible to sabotage that man's moment.
Speaker 1: From the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. On LA Sports, your home of the Super Bowl and the NFL Playoffs with three divisional games this weekend, not the Rams, but we also are your home of the Super Bowl sixty Sunday, February sixth.
Speaker 2: That's a big event. But sucking down at nine, yeah it is. And here it comes the Top Story of the day. Sorry, yeah, well, I think, look, we learned a lesson today, and I think that lesson is speaking anecdotally can be dangerous. Yes, a care a story that you find applicable to your life may not be applicable to a room of three hundred training and it may us every day be applicable to an audience every little hour in Los Angeles drive time Radio. So unlike the folks that spoke at a live event before this moment, great event, thank you for having them, I do approach this acknowledging the caveat that perhaps this is something that is relatable to me and important to me and may fall a little flat, and maybe.
Speaker 1: Can we record that and then replay it every time? You could use it as a universal qualifier.
Speaker 2: Matt right, I will say, people that watch me drink a beer and talk about the Chargers are probably a little more emotional invested than the average casual LA sports fan. But they all wanted one thing and they got it. They wanted somebody's job, they wanted it, they wanted a bloody head. They did and they got it on a platter about six hours ago. And that's essentially the world that we live in. Through the hundreds of comments, during the hour long thing to put a button on the season. That was a little bit. I enjoyed it. Did you type in Greg Roman has to be fired? I did money make it happen? You better call him out money.
Speaker 1: I only signed off when it was surf spots in San Diego, Yes, and I was like, you know what about it here? You know I'm an old man, so I like wind and see that's.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If fans don't get the desired result in sports, they do not want to give anyone a second chance. Someone has to pay only one. How many times have we heard the coach accepting the championship trophy saying, you know, the season only ends with a happy note for one of thirty teams or one of thirty two. Not only one team wins seven games in the NCAA tournament, only only one passenger rides the Freedom train all the way to the last station. The Super Bowl can have a successful season's end for one squad, even if you're one of the fourteen out of thirty two. That makes the playoffs not good enough. Super Bowl Divisional round, being in the top half of the league not good enough. Losing the divisional round you suck. You make the final eight. Sorry, strife, discord, disappointment from the fan base. Is it fair? I guess I don't know. It's a billion dollar business, but it extends to other sports. The Dodgers won the World Series in twenty twenty four, and yet in the midst the playoffs, there was no, Wow, this is incredible. You know, they were in Korea and then they were in Japan and all of the intensity and the injuries, and yet they're betting. Now it was this team better win. You cannot lose to the freaking Blue Jays. You better figure this out and win a World Series so an individual can win the Call of the Year, the Analyst of the Year, the radio show of the year, and be celebrated in a room with a buffet that was in fact replenished with food. Once it was emptied. Some people were worried. Some people said, you better go get your food before it runs out. And then they brought out more trays to put on top of those open flame, boiling water things, carafts and people. Late point being they want people to be unemployed if things go sideways, if you can out do thirty one other teams.
Speaker 1: Others, you Matt that they called for the man's head all night on your Instagram Live, I think, and that it had was delivered like John the Baptists.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest. The Greg Roman thing I felt like was inevitable. As we discussed yesterday, there is now an extensive resume with Lamar Jackson and Justin Herbert of twenty twelve, three twelve and three points scored in playoff games. But when you're gonna treat Mike Tomlin like that, when you're gonna treat nineteen years of consistency and never having a losing record, and mindley, you and Aaron Rodgers agree on something and you're gonna call for that, the study audience would agree with me there. Today we learned a little bit less than and here's what I would say, pe I think this is applicable to us as well. It's not just the Mike Tomlin thing. It's the Petro some money show. Because we learned ourselves at the Southern California sports broadcasters are so siation that we were not worthy. Hell, I was not even nominated for the play by play Voice of the Year, and there were four others. I didn't even make the final. Far let alone be humiliated by having my name announced and then not being called as the winner. I don't know, as I was sitting at the Chargers table with nine other individuals, if they were looking around like, this guy can't even make it into the finals. Our guy that calls our games is not even in the finals.
Speaker 1: You'd see a couple sideways looks when they were announcing the play by Player of the year.
Speaker 2: Will they go on a broadcaster's Instagram tonight where a broadcaster like a like a Ditch or one of those dudes is talking about sports media and start typing into the Instagram comments this guy can't even make the finals, let alone win the award. Fire Matts Smith, Fire Matt Smith, you don't have a real play by play guy? What does our future hold be? Our boss was there he heard us lose? Was it good enough to be one of three five the only talk show amongst a Dodger pregame Tim Kats and a Dodger postgame David Vassay? Was it enough for us to be the only talk show nominated? Or because we lost in front of that audience consisting of some of the brightest vocal chords in all of sports broadcast.
Speaker 1: Like being lomped in with the Chargers loss. I walked in there with pride and I left with pride. I did my offense didn't just score three points. My offense was moving the ball. I can't I can't help that. The Dodgers are a juggernaut, and Dodger Talk and Vassay's got celebrities listening and stuff like that. Okay, I've won that award before.
Speaker 2: We won it three times. I've won it four now. I would like to point out out, you know, you open because you want to get the hooking people right, you open with the big name right for the nominees Pie, they did not open with our individual award. They did not open with the Petros and Money show. They opened with Tim Kates, they said, in the nominees for talk show the irv k's Talk Show of the Year from k E I V Kiev Chicken Kiev, Tim Kays and then just slit us in like an afterthought, Petro some money and then close with and Dodger talk host David Vasse. That was a flurry of excitement when that happened, right, They applauded Tim. They we got a golf clap at Lakeside. I mean a golf clap if we were lucky, and then a bunch of huzza for David Vase. Greg Roman being fired has to do with me being concerned about our future because people we lost in front of everybody. When you lose in a public form, someone's got to pay.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna see us as two guys that showed up to support our colleagues and support David Vasse and clapfor him.
Speaker 2: But he sees us as two loosers you can't win. Yes, we did not raise I see the connection you're making that trophy that costs somewhere between eight and eighteen dollars and might be ingraved with a misspelled name, or maybe it's the wrong trophy altogether. I helped Deb Carson carry the box in, and she did not find it humorous. When I said, hey, can I open it up and get a look at who wins so I can figure out if I'm staying or not. She did not chuckle when I made that joke. It's a serious business to Deb Carson. It is. You saw the platform that TikTok Carlo was on. Maybe we got to lean into some more social media this year. P It's our twentieth year TikTok. Carlo was up there dishing out awards, zinging one liners, being applauded by the crowd. Sean Cody ate his award like a so small in his hand, shy in hand. He ate it after punching his hand from somebody's chest on his way up to accept it.
Speaker 1: One of the Ducks guys, the Mighty Ducks. They don't call him that anymore. When the US guys, we can't have no, we can't listen. You know, your show after the South. You know we've talked.
Speaker 2: Just when they announced Steve Carroll and the guy at the Ducks table looks at me and goes sit up. He was the first one to stand, and I was like, all right, I'll stand.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wear who this man is. I'm sure he's done great work.
Speaker 2: Raise your hand. If you've called for minor league baseball gear, raise your hand if you've caught JC basketballs me, Doc Carrols. Did Greg Roman, the offfense coordinat or the Chargers have a great year? No? Did he have a good year? Probably not.
Speaker 1: Did he deserve it to get fired? I don't know, but I mean everybody saw him fail and TV. Yeah it was pretty bad.
Speaker 2: But it certainly to me is a little bit awkward that whenever a team loses, the first thing that makes its way is who's going to get fired.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that's why we and you could not win an award or weren't nominated for an award, because you aren't able to ride the waves of the modern times in sports where people that you're around suddenly get.
Speaker 2: Picked off like Vietnam.
Speaker 1: It's right, it's just picked off, and this guy's fired, and you have to act like you knew it and you saw it coming.
Speaker 2: But until he I've got to act like shame on all of you. Yeah, how could you? That's a man's job. Family was relocated out here and now children are.
Speaker 4: That guy sucks. We all saw this coming. He's terrible, justin Herbert and the Chargers. When you're not competitive offensively through two playoff games, people are going to be upset when you got that kind of talented quarterback. So Jim Harbaugh's mantras, competitors welcome, be it your best when your best is required.
Speaker 2: We need more points. That was another one fulfilled today win games, outscore the opponent. We needed more points. The game. I was like, that would have done it, Bingo mango. When you only play one game a week, and a week only has seventeen games, and you only have three rounds of the playoffs before the championship, there is a stark finality to it all, leaving many wanting more. And you know what you wanted Mike Tomlin's head, but because he's such a class act, you couldn't get it. He walked away, He resigned on his own terms. He's the one that said no, you don't deserve me. We are very self righteous, yes, much like some folks that took to the stage and stood behind that lectern and lectured us on a path to broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Superstardom and a path to freedom in the north. And we'll be back exactly right. If you weren't aware this is what it was, I feel like you're speaking to it, audiencely, I got bad way more news coming up neck Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy. LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app Petro Saying.
Speaker 2: Money and five sebody LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio FO four hour show. Today Tomorrow Clips be Whiz Pregame six thirty, tip Off seven thirty the incomparable Carlo. We'll be on the call a member of the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Board. We love your car love panelists, presenters and important people unlike us. Oh, would you stop, dude, like, come on with sour grapes. We sound like sound like a couple of kids. We gotta be more matureed Why mature like Harvey Hyde and Pete Arbogast. Pete, if you're doing for the Freedom Train to call and email and call again, you better give us that goddamn award because you are raising the flag or nominate everybody, right. I know that you guys don't normally come to this thing, but I'm calling you. Hint hint, hint, I'm emailing you repeatedly, hint hint, hint. I'd like you to come this year, please, and then to be humiliated in front of a room of our peers and in front of the north Ridge play by play right and the Fullerton play by play in a burgundy suit. It was what Gene Stallings used to wear when he just I guess you gotta pay your dues, dues. We've been on for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Man, man, all right, man, I got terrible Waimo news. Now what does not inspire confidence in weymouth?
Speaker 2: Well, when are we gonna take a weay moo? Never?
Speaker 1: You tell me. Let me tell you this story and you tell me if you want to take a weymouth. Okay, This was in Phoenix. In South Phoenix, someone stroke a twenty million dollar check out there no but somebody stroked a seventeen million dollar check for UCLA Athletics. And Dillingham was like, somebody here in the valley is son willing to take a check? Joke a check for me, kiddy, Dillingham. I'll make you famous, you, I'll make you famous. I'm kidding Dillingham, And I want you to stroke a check for me.
Speaker 2: Could you tell me someone kids stroke twenty million dollars check and I'll make you the most famous person in town for a year.
Speaker 1: This is in South Phoenix, right across the river. From Tempee a driverless car, a way Moo with a rider in it, somebody who called up there Weymo and felt like they were super modern, right getting around town with a driverless car. The car went on to a track for a light rail a train track, and just stopped riding the track with the train coming right at the Weymo. The rider was lucid enough to know that something bad was going to happen. And you know, you can't give people that kind of credit anymore. You can't give people the benefit of.
Speaker 2: The down nose is in your phone. You're scrolling, man.
Speaker 1: So the rider jumped out of the way and ran away, hopped out of the Waimo and sprinted away. Then the Weamo turned onto the light rail track and started riding the rails like Kate's rides the cocaine rails. The train, yeah, much like the Freedom train. And it had its hazards on, so that part hate train. I'm a hazard. Look out for me. The light rail train briefly did have to stop, and it stopped in time and saw the way get exploded.
Speaker 2: Happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember, Matt, when you were working at k ron you guys did a bit or Kevin and Bean did a bit about how the low news was really starting to learn that they were dying.
Speaker 2: Now it's just Dad, but yeah, Rob Bukaso is like a show up on the thing today.
Speaker 1: But KNBC News was like doing a thing where like, what's going to happen, We're going to run a train into a car?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: They're like, well what why why? We just want to see what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: And it's like Paul Moyer was trying to make like a whole thing out of it.
Speaker 2: It's like twenty five years ago, started teasing it on Monday and the the yeah, what's he going to line until Friday?
Speaker 1: Right, And then on Friday they literally ran a train into a car, just barely moved. And I believe Paul Moyer said like John Madden, boom boom when it happened, and it was it was it was really probably the death of local news in LA because it human was the moment Moyer was a real news man. You know those that they did real news, Chuck, Henry, Colleen Moyer, Fritz and Fred. I mean those were the days that was a team. And for him to be sitting there selling a train a man factured local news events.
Speaker 2: Watch this danger on the tracks, I.
Speaker 5: Guess a scary situation for a Weimo passenger this week after a Waimo car was caught on camera driving down the light rail tracks. The video, taken by a bike stander at your Central and Southern Avenue, shows the moment the autonomous car stops on the tracks just before an oncoming light rail. Oh, get out, as in the passenger to run out of the vehicle before the car continues to drive down the tracks near another train.
Speaker 2: Anytime soon, anytime soon, I will not have confidence in that company. It did put the hassards on though, so it acknowledged.
Speaker 1: Weimo veers off and stops you in front of a train and then you have to jump out of the track and run for your life like your Betty Boop tied to the track by like a fillain with a big pointy mustache. Still, where's the player piano anyway? That's Phoenix here. We just burn our Weimos during social unrest.
Speaker 2: True, so.
Speaker 1: Stay out of the light rail and if you stroke a check you could be the most famous.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, not going to be more famous than that Weimo passenger. Who oh, it's coming. Here comes the train. You better get out of the way. Freedom train, exactly right. And for those of you that don't know the freedom train, what it was. Was it like a rail train like during the Civil War. So you said you had one hundred stories, and that's the one you wanted to go with, Slave Escape. That's the one that's the one that made the most because if you got a hundred, it feels like you'd maybe throw a couple different ones at somebody and see what they say. Train is coming, yeah, said the train is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, everybody, We'll be right back with another great hour of great sports talk, fun fact quick, it's coming up neck