Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 6: Are making plans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 8: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, June the third, as your back to back World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers sit atop the NL West thirty nine and twenty two overall in this season. After splitting the first two games in the Desert, the Dodgers and Snakes are back at it tonight with show hay Otany on the mound. First pitch from Chase Field and Phoenix is coming up. Six forty coming up over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. You were gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts's David Vas sass down with the Dodger skipper for forty five minutes, we'll hear from Mookie Betts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Of course, DV checks in throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA will join us from the booth there in Phoenix, and in just a couple of minutes we'll head out to the gallop before broadcast booth with Tim Neffertt and Rick monday Well. Last night, Eric Lower the left hander, got the ball and he got some early run support to work with Dodgers going up against Well, one of the better pitchers for the Diamondbacks this year, and Michael Soroka. He was seven to two coming in. Now that changed quickly in the first show, Hey O Tani got on board. Then Freddie Freeman brought them both in.
Speaker 2: Want to pitch to Freddy swings hits a drive to right field, way back. This ball is gone, it's tuned up and Dodgers Freddy Freeman home run number nine, the three hundred and seventy sixth career home run in the thirtieth in his career against the Diamondbacks. Oh in a shot by Freeman to get the scoring going here.
Speaker 6: Tonight and only the fifth home run off of Soroka this year.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman delivers right away in the first inning with a two run home run, his ninth last over the year. Dodgers up two and to nothing, and then in the second, Showy Otani, after a double in the first, tripled down the right field line of the second, scoring rushing in Freeland that doubled the lead.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers were up ford to nothing.
Speaker 3: Eric Lower had some run support to work with, but he gave back a couple of runs. Corbyn Carroll home run in the third and a sack fly in the fifth. All of a sudden, it was a Forded two game. Laura is out to the bullpen.
Speaker 5: They went.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers offense, though, provided some insurance runs which proved to be key. Started off at the top of the seventh. Andy pot haz a sack fly to left. That's called score Dalton rush. She made it a five to two Dodgers lead. Then Mookie Betts tacked on another one.
Speaker 2: Oh he swings rips us left field backs so base hit.
Speaker 9: Oh Tony will come on and score.
Speaker 1: It is six to two.
Speaker 9: Herky Bets with a two out run scoring single.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a Dodger ball club right now, and right in this inning, it looks like a very well oiled machine.
Speaker 5: Indeed, they did.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers in the seventh inning, attack on two more. The Dodgers up six to two, feeling good about where they were sitting with the bullpen pitching as well as they have been. Unfortunately, the Diamondbacks just would not go away, as Nolan Arenado doubled the left scoring a pair that made it a six to four game.
Speaker 5: Then a walk from Will Klimb.
Speaker 3: Brought in another run made it a six to five Dodgers lead. What was a four run lead was down to one in the eighth, though Will Klein would come back out Tanners Scott would get the ninth, would give up a hit, strike out a batter, no damage done as the Dodgers hang on for a six to five win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Blake Tryning gets the winning relief. Tanner Scott picks up his sixth save of the year. The Dodgers hand Michael Soroka his third loss of the year after he gave up four runs over six innings. The Dodgers back on the winning track now at thirty nine and twenty two on the season. With the win over the Snakes and the Padres also losing yesterday, the Dodgers gain ground in the NL West, now six games up over San Diego, six and a half games up over Arizona going into play tonight, and they give the ball to show Hey Otani, who will pitch and hit as a designated hit her first pitch at six forty. With more, Let's head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Tim Roof closed again here for the third straight ballgame in Arizona, as the Dodgers take on the Diamondbacks. Start the night the six game lead over the Padres, who are in action currently against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Diamondbacks six and a half back at thirty two and twenty eight nineteen and eleven at home, the Dodgers an identical record bought on the road nineteen and eleven, thirty nine and twenty two overall. Show hal Tony makes his tenth start, five and two and a zero point eight two earn run average, he'll go against right hander Zach Gallon Gallon three and four in a five sixteen era. Last night, the Dodgers did things in pairs. They got two runs in the first two and the second and two in the seventh. It's a good thing they got those two in the seventh, hope, because they needed every single one of them to come away with that six to five.
Speaker 6: With Yeah, so many times we take the bootpin for granted, that was not the case last night. With three walks that were issued in that seventh ending in for Arizona, they took advantage of it. In fact, overall four walks, three given up by Kyle Hurt, which is really out of character for him to come in. So we're going to see Otani tonight. There's a great line when Heroldo Prodomo of the Arizona time the backswes asked about Otani. His quote was, he's from another planet. He's the only guy that can do it and dual purpose tonight. But Dave Roberts is telling you a little bit earlier, he's going to get well a rest tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He will get a rest tomorrow, and maybe he's from another planet, but he is doing things that nobody's heard of before, and we're here in the month of June. He's now popped up in the top ten in batting average in the National League. He's got the lowest RA at eight two MO. We're legitimately talking about a guy, and granted there's a lot of season left, we're talking about a guy who mathematically could win the Cy Young Award and the batting title in the same season.
Speaker 6: Never been done, no, But when you look at the last seventeen games, he's hit four point fifteen, He's twenty seven for sixty five. He's had seven doubles in that period of time, two triples, he's had three home runs knocked in sixteen scored thirteen and as you mentioned that below, one also in that time span. So this is the ball club, but one guy can't do it. And the Dodgers last night they needed everybody to contribute. That's exactly what took place. And there's two more games left to play in this series. Dodgors liked nothing better to do, obviously than to make it three out of the four in the win column.
Speaker 2: Will Smith back in the lineup doing the catching tonight. He'll bat seventh for the Dodgers, and the lineup has some length to it. I mean, you've got a guy like Will Smith batting seventh in your lineup. Things are pretty good in front of him. Moki bats did have a hit last night. It was an important hit. Freddy Freeman had three hits last night. Otani had two hits last night, and he's been on base now on eighteen straight.
Speaker 6: Max Munsey showed some frustration yesterday in batting practice. Back when his batting practice session ended, he retired a baseball bat wound up in a couple of different pieces. Didn't see Munsey's swinging the bat today, but he would like, obviously to get a going that. I just need his bat in there. And interesting, Alex call is in there batting in the eighth spot and playing in left field tonight.
Speaker 2: Diamondbacks thirty two and twenty eight, the Dodgers thirty nine and twenty two. Dodgers trying to take a lead in this series. That's even at a game. Apiece, lineups and first pitch not that far away.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: What are you doing for dinner?
Speaker 3: Dodger fans get that game day meal on in Shaky's Pizza Parlor orre your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here before first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David bad Say, will you dive deeper into this pitching matchup. It's a good one show. Hey, Otani on the mount what up next? We'll get your o Tani rewind. Hey, we'll hear from Kirsten Watson from Sports Net.
Speaker 1: Ally.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night, Game three of this four game set from the Desert.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night. Shoe Hate Otanians Dak gallon the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewide one one pitch to Otani. He swings, rips it to right field. That's headed to the corner.
Speaker 9: Show a rounding first. He's on his way to second.
Speaker 2: He'll be in with a stand up leadoff double double number fourteen on the season for Otani. Two on one out, Soroka checks the runners out of the stretch, delivers home and this one pulled down the right field.
Speaker 1: Side fairball right on the line.
Speaker 2: Around third, comes rushing, He'll score. Freeland's gonna get waved around Otani around second. He's in the third with a pop up side safe. It's four k nothing Dodgers on a two run triple for show Hey Otani.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey Otani, his fourteen double of the year, his second triple of the year. He scored twice, drove in a pair of runs, on base three times in all. Now aboutting two ninety three on this season. As the Dodgers held on to beat the Snakes last night, six to five.
Speaker 8: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 9: Hey Kirson.
Speaker 3: Now joins is brought to you buying Cars for Kids, Cards for Kids dot Org. As the Dodgers continue this series in Phoenix against the Diamondbacks and tonight It's show hey Otani night.
Speaker 5: As he is pitching and hitting.
Speaker 10: Kirston, he's doing it all like he always does. But for him, you know, as much as he has been excellent this year, there's a few things he wants to lock in tonight. Obviously we've seen the back get going, we've seen what he's been able to do on the mound, but if you look at his last few starts, the fastball command just hasn't really been there, and it's been a bit of a grind. Even after the games, he's talked about how he just didn't feel right, and I think of look at his last outing, that was probably the first time we actually saw some true frustration from him and what he was able to do on the mound, even though even though of course it was six no hit innings, but you could still see just the frustration that he was dealing with trying to navigate through that outing.
Speaker 5: So for him.
Speaker 10: Today, it's hoping to kind of get that back going, and then obviously he's been excellent at the play it. I believe it's an eighteen game on bay streak, so looking to continue to either give himself some run support or even just set the tone offensively.
Speaker 3: Now I'm listening in the background. It feels like a buzz in the air with show Hey pitching tonight. Does it feel different with show Hay pitching against Zach Gallen a Dodger's Diamondback series in Arizona was show Hay pitching.
Speaker 5: You know what it does.
Speaker 10: But I also think there's a few lairs to it. It feels different because you look at how these first.
Speaker 5: Two games have been.
Speaker 10: They haven't been easy wins or I guess, only one win last night, But it hasn't been an easy matchup for the Dodgers. We saw in Game one unable to get things going offensively early, the Diamondbacks being really aggressive. Of course, we saw the long ball for them in that Game one. Then last night the Dodgers take a big lead, the Diamondbacks once the bullpen comes in, start chipping away trying to get things going. We saw one too many walks yesterday. So it's been clear that this series has been far from an easy one, and obviously they didn't expect that coming in considering how well the Diamondbacks have been playing as of late. But I do think it's proven to be a little bit more challenging than maybe the Dodgers had expected. So when you have a matchup like Zach Gallan, who technically the numbers this year have not been his best, but when he's of course going up against a lineup like the Dodgers, I have to imagine he's going to get back to the Zach Gallon that we are so used to seeing, the very successful one. And then you have someone with show Heyo Tani who has been lights out all year, and it's also kind of just what can he not do? So even Dave Roberts said this afternoon that so show how Tani is actually going to be down tomorrow. He's not going to be in s the DH he will be available late off the bench if need be. So that means he can truly empty the tank today. What does that mean to me? That means that show he might throw a no hitter with three home runs, but like.
Speaker 5: We don't know, you know.
Speaker 10: So that I think brings a little extra buzz to this matchup tonight, into this game, because you do have two aces that are going up against each other, and for.
Speaker 3: Show Hey O Tani, a little run stopport would be great, like the Dodgers did last night, at least early on for Eric Lauer, and the Dodgers' injury update continues to get good news, getting some arms.
Speaker 5: Back and down in Triple I.
Speaker 3: Looks like Tommy Edmund Kirston is slowly building himself back up.
Speaker 9: He sure is.
Speaker 10: You know, he's gonna be down in with ok see for at least like three weeks to get the full time with his i el stint. But Dave Roberts day was saying that, you know, he's playing in left field tonight, and a part of that, you know, when he had first started gearing up for his rehab assignment, everything was about how you know he's gonna focus on the infield, focus on playing second and right now Dave has said that he's gonna be doing doing a few things. He's obviously a utility player, so left tonight, we've seen him in center field. He'll take some reps at second, He'll do a few reps at third. Now second is still the priority. But Dave Roberts did say today that by having him kind of play all over, a part of it is a testament to the confidence that they have truly had in a guy like Alex Freeland, and even in general with some of these younger players are really stepping up right now. Dalton Rushing is getting more opportunities behind the plate, and it feels like kind of the list goes on. So when it comes to Tommy and specific, he's kind of going to be doing a little bit of everything, but it does still feel like a bulk of the work will be at Second when he returns.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you, Kirston. We will check in with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, David vas say we'll join us. He'll he'll go one on one with Dave Roberts, the Dodger manager, get his thoughts on this series. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Mookie Betts as we leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night, first pitch of six forty of Tim Katz's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long, Marongo Causino Dodgers on Deck and ten he is on this Wednesday as well, lead you up to first pitch from Arizona Dodgers and the Diamax Marongo Casino Resort at SPA a Grand Slam for a good time show. Hey Otani and Zach Gallon. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 8: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Teoscar Hernandez on the IL with the left hamstring strain, kyk Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler glass Now on the iel the lower back spasms, Blake Snell sixty DAYIL after the elbow surgery. He joins Edwin Diaz who had that same nanoscope injury and surgery performed by doctor Neil Eltroje brock Stewart on the IL with the left bone spur in his foot. Tommy Edmond, as Cursten alluded to as an Oakle, I'm a city on his minor league rehab assignment.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night, the Dodgers held on for a six to five win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. What proved to be the game winning run was an RBI single the seventh for Mookie Betts, who also had a great night with the glove and afterwards talk with David Besse.
Speaker 7: Mookie bets huge for the Dodgers in the final three innings of tonight's game. He drives in what turns out to be the difference in the game, and also great defense at shortstop.
Speaker 9: Mookie, first of all, in.
Speaker 7: The seventh inning with the Diamondbacks threatening, Freddie had the presence of mind to come to you on that ground ball by Peven Smith.
Speaker 9: Were you expecting that?
Speaker 5: H No?
Speaker 4: But I mean when you're just playing the game, especially with people like Freddy, you just get smart and you just know how to take the take the easy outs, you know, And that was kind of a play that just kind of happened, and it made it pretty easy Mookie.
Speaker 7: Eighth inning, again, all you at shortstop, not an easy double play to turn.
Speaker 9: How different coat was it to be able to track the ball.
Speaker 7: With the runner in front of you and the runner bearing down on second base?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it was. I mean, they paid me to take to fill the ground ball, so you know, that's a that's a play I gotta make there. It's just this field sometimes takes some weird hops. But again, I get paid to do it, so I better make it happen.
Speaker 9: You also get paid to hit the ball.
Speaker 7: How good does it feel to know that the Diamondbacks came back and you grind it through a game and your RBI was the difference tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's it's it's just good to know. I mean, you know, like I said, I look up at the number and it's not very encouraging. But I feel like I've been contributing to the team and wins and whatnot. So that's all I really care about. As long as I contribute and they help the boys win.
Speaker 5: You know, that's I can go to sleep at night.
Speaker 7: You've been doing that since twenty twenty. You do it in the regular season. Again, Thanks Mookie, so their thanks fast.
Speaker 3: All right, there is Mookie Bets with David Vatsa after the Dodgers six to five win.
Speaker 5: Hanging on and beating the snow last night.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Basse live from Chase Field in Arizona as we leaves up.
Speaker 5: To First Bitch Dodgers and Snakes.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio that one.
Speaker 9: As we were saying.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in the Desert as they continue.
Speaker 5: Their series with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey O, Tommy on the Mount Todgers Baseball, brought to by Alpateo, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time Il Poto Gourmet.
Speaker 5: And again.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV show, Hey O Toani the two tonight. But what's the plan after tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, Dave Roberts, who you're going to hear from later in the show, laid it out for us. But sneak peek spoiler alert show Aotani will not be in the starting lineup tomorrow. It's a planned day off, but Dave Roberts said it's one of those days that he could come off the bench as a pinch hitter if needed. So, uh, tonight, O'tani will be the two way player, something he prefers, but in the interest of keeping Otani fresh for the entire year, the Dodgers decided in this situation they're not going to have Otani play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: The part of the reason why tim the Dodgers have lined up Otani to make his starts on Wednesdays. If you look at the Dodgers' schedule, especially in the first half of the season, you'll notice that there's a lot of off days on Thursdays. And my understanding, you know, I thought that Sunday would be the best day to load manage him and start him, but I guess he prefers not to start those day games a consistent basis, So Wednesdays make the most sense for him because of that Thursday off day. But in a case like tomorrow, where this is a four game series, the Dodgers can do with Dave Roberts' plans, and that's to have Otawi not in the starting lineup but available to come off the bench makes sense.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone right now American value for American values. But your Southern California for Dealer Today or visit by Ford now dot com.
Speaker 5: Looks like the Bulldogs record's gonna survive.
Speaker 9: David, Yeah, how about this.
Speaker 7: A reporter, a national reporter, jumped the gun on Oral Herscheizer while he was on the field. He thought Sanchez was done after six innings and started to ask Oral questions about Sanchez possibly breaking his record. But that reporter didn't realize that Sanchez was going out for the seventh inning, and he got the first two outs before giving up a run. So the streak for Christopher Sanchez ends at fifty to two thirds consecutive scoreless innings. So at least for now, Oral Herscheiser's record is safe at fifty nine consecutive scoreless innings. It was the Padres that scored that run off of Sanchez, who has been marvelous in fact him. You probably know this, but a lot of younger generation don't realize this or all. Herscheizer's consecutive scoreless inning streak is actually sixty seven because he pitched eight scoreless innings in Game one of the NLCS. Now, we don't count the postseason, but in reality, he did pitch sixty seven consecutive scoreless innings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and county because it does count, even though it is the postseason.
Speaker 5: All right, David.
Speaker 3: Time now for the Dodger driven bout to my Sanitina Park. We're looking ahead of this weekend's races as we picked head to head. Let's look at Friday's first race, one mile seven a horse race.
Speaker 5: What do you like in this one?
Speaker 7: I'm going with the number six horse, free and humble.
Speaker 3: Oh, always free and humble, David Vets say, I'm gonna go with the three horse, going deep, going deep. I'll leave it right there. It's Belmont Stakes Day at Santaita Park on Saturday. Enjoy uncorked wine events, track side, Family Fund Zone and more tickets at Santa Anita dot.
Speaker 5: Com slash events.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: But up next, guess what your Dodgers' magical moment Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 8: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night show. Hey Otani and Zach Gallon square an awful dive deeper into the numbers between these two guys coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up. That's the.
Speaker 9: Dog, a hot dog who wants a hot tun.
Speaker 8: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical Magical by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Now the Dodgers taking on the snake.
Speaker 3: So we go back to July tenth, twenty twenty one. Out at the Ravine, the Dodgers had a monstrous night playing home run Derby. They hit eight home runs in a twenty two to one win.
Speaker 5: About Red turn Two going.
Speaker 2: Deep the three to two to Turner, flip all the left palling the Dogs extinguish the fire.
Speaker 9: This hook is over.
Speaker 7: Justin Turner's first career grand.
Speaker 9: Slam and the Dodgers leads nine.
Speaker 3: Said nothing Justin Turner with the grand Slam in the second inning, the Dodgers set a Dodger Stadium record for runs scored in a game with twenty two as they hit eight home runs in a win over Arizona. This Hafey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs. Hoffee soa cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back game with Rick Monday. We lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday night. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Desert. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Anson Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night, Game three of this four game set show.
Speaker 5: Hey Otani on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: Time Now for the Verizon startup, as we're thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now for Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 8: And now joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and world series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well, we got to start this off by saying thank you to Rick Monday, who had lunch with one of his fancy famous friends and got me an autograph.
Speaker 6: One of my college buddies, Bobby Herbeck, who used to tell us I've got this idea maybe doing a movie or something like that, and might have animals and they can talk, and we'll do this and they do that. We would turn it and said Bobby, just be quiet. Well, Bobby Herbeck was one of the originators of the teenage Mutant Ninja turtles.
Speaker 9: Oh I've heard of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you've heard of that. So I had lunch with Bobby today, not to drop a name, but a former Arizona State guy. And he said, hey, by the way, I promised David Bassey an autographed poster. So I was just the mailman today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that, Rick, and thank you to Bobby.
Speaker 6: And a wonderful guy and a lot of amusement. And it's just very creative. He's been an actor. He does voiceover. In fact, there's a navigation app but I will not mention the name that he actually has his voice on it. So I changed that today, and it's kind of an upbeat and kind of hip and you know, it says, hey, if you don't mine which am I making a turn? And he does in a different voice.
Speaker 9: So he'll he'll be with you wherever you go from now on.
Speaker 6: Well, it depends on which way you're going to go.
Speaker 9: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, we know which way show hey o Tani is going and it's going in a very good way. As a pitcher and a hitter, Rick, will you ever get tired of seeing this?
Speaker 9: Do you feel a little something extra?
Speaker 6: No, I've said this before, and I imagine I'm will continue to say. You don't dare take your eyes off of him, David. You see things that you just had not seen before, whether it be swinging a bat, whether it be running the bases. Tonight it's going to be, you know, throwing the baseball on top of it. You just don't dare take your eyes off of him. There was a great quote also today and you start to look at well, how is he perceived by you know, by others, and if we're looking at the herald of Perdomo he was asked about show heyo, Tan, he goes the guy's got to be from another planet.
Speaker 9: I don't think you ever thought you would see a player like this, Rick.
Speaker 6: No, not on a consistent basis. You know, we've seen guys that can pitch, we've seen guys that can hit, but to do it to the level that he does, David, and I think you know the other thing too, how about the inner toughness that he has because the spotlight is always on him. I mean from the moment he comes out of a dungout, the cameras are there, He's aware of it, but he does not let it interfere what he has to do and to be able to get ready. I know what it took from a hitter standpoint to get ready for a game. Well, he's getting ready for games to hitt. And this is after he's only been in the outfield or in the bullpen working on the pitching. I mean, the stamina that he has is off the charge to begin with, and the accomplishment that he has is really off the charge.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 7: How much do we that never played the game at this high level fail to appreciate the fact that, yes, he has gifted athletically, but how mentally tough does he have to be to do this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because to get to this level, I don't understand it, to be honest with you. But he's so meticulous in what he does when he's warming up to throw the ball, whether it be in the bullpen or just throwing in the outfield, He's always analyzing his release point, his stride, have the ball's moving, what's the spin rate, what's the ball doing as far as is it different today than it was yesterday or the day before? And then you start to figure out and oh, by the way, as a hitter, well, the last seventeen games, he's only hitting four or fifteen.
Speaker 9: I guess he's figured things out.
Speaker 6: Might be onto something right there.
Speaker 9: Hey, I was going to ask you one other thing.
Speaker 7: You've seen and broadcasted a lot of games at Coursefield and here at Chase Field. Does it feel like this ballpark sometimes plays as small as Coursefield at times?
Speaker 6: Well, remember when they had a couple of other pitchers that were here with Arizona. You think of shilling Shilly, for one, said that he did not want the roof closed when he was pitching because he felt it the boll traveled much better when the roof was closed. Well, this is the third game in a row in this series. The roof is going to be closed. I don't know how much it affects this or that.
Speaker 11: That part.
Speaker 6: I don't really know, Leave it up to physicist on that end of it. It's cooler air obviously with the roof closed that it is outside where it's about one hundred degrees right now.
Speaker 9: It's a dry heat, Rick, don't forget it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so's the desert by the way, we're in, not the desert beve. We're in the valley of the Sun.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the sun's going down, by the way.
Speaker 9: I like your Arizona State Polo today.
Speaker 6: At least once every trip got to go to the ASU with shirt so with the little devil on the left sleeve.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love it. Just a reminder.
Speaker 6: Well, especially I had lunch today with a fellow sun devil.
Speaker 9: That's right, I'd say both successes.
Speaker 6: So Bobby says, enjoy the poster.
Speaker 9: Thanks Rick, thanks a lot for stopping my pleasure.
Speaker 11: Pal.
Speaker 7: Well, check back game with you and Tim Nevert a little bit later with the roof close at Chase Field.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to you Tim Slack.
Speaker 3: Guys, Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo. Field at Dodgers Stadium is at uniclow dot com. Slash us Stealthy come here on Dodgers on Deck. Of course we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. We we'll be back with Tim never gets you those keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with the Dodger.
Speaker 5: Manager, Dave Roberts. That's next.
Speaker 3: Leaning up to Dodgers and Diabacks on this Wednesday night, I'm Tim Kates as the back to back.
Speaker 5: World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Diamondbacks Squaring Off, Game three of this four game set from Arizona.
Speaker 11: Show.
Speaker 5: Hey O, tanis Zach Gallon.
Speaker 3: The pitching Matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot com.
Speaker 8: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engaged and of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 7: It's time for our Managers meeting. Brought to you by Downey Hyundai. We're in the manager's office with Dave Roberts on Otani Day. Dave, thanks a lot for the time and great to be in the desert with you.
Speaker 11: Great to be with you, Dave.
Speaker 12: You know, as we're sitting here in my office getting ready for this game, it was nice to get a win last night. How we got the win, so now we have a chance to go up to one of the series. And as you said, it is O tawny day. He's going to be pitching and hitting today, so it should be a good one.
Speaker 7: Does it feel different on the days that he's doing this two way thing, because I don't know, there seems to be a little heightened level around the clubhouse, around the stadium whenever he's doing this.
Speaker 12: There is I think that you know, with certain pitchers on their start day, I think there's that extra kind of buzz in the air in the locker room, and you have that with show hey and even just watching them, you know, walk past my office earlier. There's a different kind of folks on days that he's pitching and you know that heightened sense of intensity.
Speaker 7: Joey Vado said recently that we may be witnessing the single greatest season by any player in baseball history.
Speaker 11: Is it hard to.
Speaker 7: Even wrap your head around that when you're in it every day?
Speaker 12: It is, But I think that I think the people here appreciate, you know, because you see it every day in one sense. In another sense that you appreciate all that goes into his preparation and the expectations and the mental, the physical and all that kind of stuff, the emotions.
Speaker 11: But I agree with Joey.
Speaker 12: I just think that, you know, we get so caught up and he should have a twelve hundred ops and he's not hitting fifty homers, but not appreciating what he's doing on the pitching side, and it's just something that we haven't seen ever to this caliber, and I don't think we ever will.
Speaker 7: In all of his starts except one he's touched the sixth inning, what more can he do as a pitcher to you allow himself to have greater results?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, if you just kind of separate the pitching part of it, I think it's just speaks to the command. I think that the pitch efficiency. His last few haven't been great per his standards, and so if he can do that, then it's the six seven innings, eight innings, things like that. But I think the last few starts he's been fighting himself his delivery, and then you know, just hasn't had that command.
Speaker 7: I remember both you and Showhay said after his start in San Diego he was fighting himself, but there was something a little bit more, maybe the body wasn't responding. Is that what you were alluding to. I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a little bit of it.
Speaker 12: And I think that's kind of a Joe Evado's point in the sense of you're an everyday hitter and you're swinging the bat, you run the bases, and you're obviously been productive really a lot recently, and so then now you've got to turn into the picture and your body's got to be synced up, because as a pitcher, all you do all week is kind of get your body in tune with being a pitcher. So it's it's two different movements for the pitcher of the hitter, and so it is a little bit tougher to kind of, you know, get it is easier to get out of whack, and so those are things that he's been fighting. But even when he is fighting himself, he still go good enough to go you know, five innings, scoreless.
Speaker 7: Dave Roberts is our guest the Manager's Meeting, presented by Downey Hyundai. Dave, you seem to predetermine when Otani will hit and pitch and maybe even the day after.
Speaker 9: Have you decided about tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's not going to hit tomorrow, so tomorrow will be in our recovery day. But he'll be ready to come off the bench if we need it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 12: As a manager, I find it sometimes beneficial to get ahead of it, to let you know, in this case, let show hey empty the take on the pitching the hitting side, to know that tomorrow he's going to be down and so not kind of play to any type of results. And I think sometimes as a player, as a former player, it was freeing to know so kind of what's to come in the coming days, and I think that that's a good thing.
Speaker 7: Does it also help you no matter what takes place. He could hit for the cycle tonight and you know, go eight innings, but helps you not to be tempted to say, Okay, tomorrow you're going to hit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And you know the things that that game is a dangerous game to play because then it doesn't speak to process. And there's also a little bait and switch from the player. And you could also argue that he hit for the cycle because he was freed up knowing he can empty the tank. So those are things that for me, I have a clear kind of idea and what I do, and you've got to be willing to, you know, stay with that process and that decision making consistently.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the process, you had a process as a player. You hear your players talk about loving the process. As a manager, now do you still love the process? How much do you love the process of being the manager of the back to back world champion Dodgers and being a huge part of the process to help them win.
Speaker 11: I do. I love it. Don't take it for granted.
Speaker 12: I think in that vein, you know, just making sure that I, for example, keep Will Smith rested to kind of involve Dalton rushing, which we've done. We talked about that earlier, you know, in the spring, you know, assimilating you know, Alex Freeland or Hay Soong, Kim Moore and using Mickey ro as a mentor and giving him spots starts, which we've done. And you know, one of these next couple of days, I'm gonna give Andy a day off, you know, four days on the turf, and I want him to play. He wants to play, but I think that getting Alex Call in there, which we've done, keeping him relevant to allow him. So those are things that you know we do. And there's gonna be some pitchers tonight in the bullpen that are going to be down today. Could they pitch, absolutely, but I think that it gives other guys an opportunity. So that's part of the process that I think that really good about.
Speaker 9: Dave Roberts is the best at it, no doubt.
Speaker 7: Without him, the Dodgers would not have the type of six says that they have enjoyed since he took over, highest winning percentage in modern baseball history, three World championships, and the ball just keeps going another day for Dave Roberts and his process. Thanks a lot for the time and the insight, and we look forward to a big o' tawny day.
Speaker 11: Appreciate you, Dave. Here We go there.
Speaker 9: He is the man.
Speaker 7: Dave Roberts has been our guest, and we want to remind you that heading into summer without a medical emergency kit is a risk. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV lean you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Diamondbacks coming up next. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup. It's a good one, so it leads up to Dodgers and Snakes. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: Well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbags on this Wednesday night. First pitch from the Desert coming up at six forty and.
Speaker 8: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Zach Gallon on the Mount, thirty year old right hander three and four five h six Eerra, sitting on one thy fifty nine strikeouts, six away from time Brandon Webb for second most in franchise history in Arizona, only behind Randy Johnson. His seventeenth career start against the Dodgers eight at home. In the seven starts at home, one and one with a three eighty six r Dodger sw him back on an opening day at Dodger Stadium four earned runs over four innings in a loss for Zach Gallon show Hey O Tanya on the mount, thirty one year old right hander five and two with a zero point eight to eer Ray. Making his ten start this year, he has given up one or zero earned runs at eight of his nine starts, has not allowed more than two runs in eighty start and is zero point eight to Eerra. Ranks first in the Major leagues amongst pitchers who have tossed at least thirty five innings. Last time out, six no hit innings, one run, four walks, seven strikeouts on a win over the Rockies, will face the Diamondbacks for the third time in his career, searching for that first win against them. Both starts have come at Chase Field. He owns a one to sixty four era in those two starts with sixteen strikeouts. Show, Hey Otani Zach Gallon, Dodgers Diamondbacks were fifteen minutes away from first pitch from the desert.
Speaker 5: He is to the game. Our next, I'm Tim.
Speaker 3: Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your Home for the Blue all season log long.
Speaker 3: Getting ready for Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Arizona show Hey Otani Zach Gallon the pitching matchup Game three of this four game set. So we're getting ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start Great Moments, Start.
Speaker 5: With Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers, Soporo, Good Wiz, Sushi, Great with Baseball. We head back out to the booth one final time. Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we get you ready for this one. At Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. Roof is closed again one hundred and five degrees outside currently, so they expect to have it closed anytime it's triple digits outside Show Hey Otani makes his tenth start of the season. Now, the one thing we're looking at with Otani when you look at the league leaders and the sheet that the Leak puts out every day, he's not on there as the leader in earn run average, And part of that reason is he's five inning shy of qualified. Now, qualifying means got to pitch an inning for each team game played, So he's not quite there yet. But that's a byproduct of pitching once a week. He's going to come up inning shy. But as far as the Dodgers are concerned, that's gonna be good come October.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Dave Roberts saying before they're going to dream the battery tonight with the Show Hey Otani, depending upon how he is feeling as the game progresses. But this is a Todger bonk club too, Tim that understands they look okay. They won eight of the last ten. Yes, they have a six game lead in front of San Diego, six and a half in front of Arizona. But I think the overall flavor this team that they believe that they can truly play better baseball than they're playing right now.
Speaker 2: Zach Gallen will be the opposition starter tonight. He comes off a season worst three home runs allowed in a game against Seattle last Friday, gave up five runs overall. He is susceptible to the long bowl.
Speaker 6: Well the susceptive long boil, and he's also had troubles with the second, third, and fourth hitter in the ball game and the bottom part of the lineup as well. And eight starts the last eight starts against the Dodgers two and four with an ERA above six and a half.
Speaker 2: Zach Gallon and show Hey Otany in a battle of right handers in game three of this four game series tonight, Tim all Right.
Speaker 3: Dodgers going to play tonight and knowing that the Padres have already lost their fourth in a row, eight of their last ten, so Dimonbacks and Padres right now both six and a half games back in the Western Division of the National League, going into play tonight, Dodgers looking to make it more with the win tonight.
Speaker 5: Show Aotani the hitter.
Speaker 3: We'll step into the box against Zach Allen to start this game off. Next enjoyed, everybody, I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world series Champion Dodgers Audio Networks