Speaker 1: Wednesday, February eleventh to twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from another ransom note to new details in that shocking nest doorbell video in students are mad at the dumbest thing in the world. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello, see lestaminem Hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the neewsjunkie dot com. It recorded your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling right into the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on a Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 1: What? Oh whiplast week? This has been so far, man, There is so much stuff happening. That's why it's a wonderful part to right here in this show and right in the middle of everything, we get to talk about all the things going on out there. And we're gonna do that today. A new ransom note has apparently just been received in the Nancy Guthrie case, which is I mean, I don't know, it's so hard to follow this. There was a guy who was arrested last night, or at least was.
Speaker 4: Was detained last night and questioned.
Speaker 5: Saw that got excited, and.
Speaker 4: Everybody's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then there's rumors out there that said there was a helicopter that left the scene and went straight to the hospital with a ninety four or eighty four year old woman on board the metavac chopper or whatever nonsense, completely made up, like there is so much stuff that was happening out there. We'll dive in. We'll let you know everything happening in the world of viral news and all things viral in just a moment. Let's start as we always do. Let's put our ears the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours, and we go to Louisville, Kentucky. Everybody, Yeah, that's right. There was a three year old kid missing in Louisville, Kentucky. Police arrived on the scene in droves. They could not find this little three year old anywhere. Sea Lane Jackson is two and some change. Could you imagine three and wandering the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: That would be a little terrifying. And again yeah, there's no again.
Speaker 1: He got a little ways away, he got into the garage. He was he was. He almost broke the barrier. He was almost wandering zombie walking down. He never left the property, you know, without supervision? You did. We should get one of those. Can you get an invisible fence for kids? Is that I frowned up?
Speaker 5: I think he swallowing like air tag or something.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you get out of bloop bloop bop, you get an alert. Jackson has left the perimeter like a little kangaroo pouch. Yeah, I think i'd be good. So anyhow, they lose this three year old like Sea Lane did that one time, and the Louisville police arrived on scene and they were like, we can't find him. We don't know where he is until a miracle happened. Now here we go, let's tune in. It is there. It comes via police bodycam footage from Louisville last month. A missing three year old child. More than a half dozen officers on the search. They sent up a helicopter but had no luck until this happened. All right, so the cops are out there in force. There's like half a dozen cops on the ground. They got a chopper up in the air. They're going door to door. They're trying to ask people to look at their doorbell cameras, and they had no luck finding this mis missing three year old kid.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine using a helicopter to look for a three year old.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's.
Speaker 6: A kind of far away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little bit difficult to spot these guys on the ground. But all of a sudden, a mystery dog shows up. It goes up to the police officers who were looking for this three year old and they're like, what's this dog doing here? There's a dog. Where's there's a dog? That cop said, oh, what's up, dude. It's like, what's up. There's like me talking to an animal, Hello, how are you well? That one time and I walked out the door and there was a baby possum and the my bushes and it's the baby bossum. And then I think I would have said it the same way. The guy's like, what's up, dude, this happened. There's a dog, where's he? Let's go?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: They were all glass. Sir Josh Thompson responding to a dog that seemed to have something important to say, all.
Speaker 7: Right, all the way back to the backyard. And at that point I'm thinking, okay, the kid's in the backyard, And sure enough, the dog went right to the back bumper. Here goes to the back bumper, just sat there.
Speaker 1: After a lesson in car lots, he was in the car the whole time, and the dog found him in the car and led the police to the car. Now, boy, that's a good dog.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, did the parents just leave him in the car the whole.
Speaker 8: Time and we had an entire law enforcement group plus.
Speaker 1: Helicopter, no one checked to the car. Like Seiland, I feel like the second thing you would check would be your truck. Let me go see, is Jack sent to the back of the truck sitting in there?
Speaker 6: I mean, I would be pretty sure he wasn't there, but I might at least give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in the back of the car.
Speaker 8: Missing kids like those that are have lost their vape and immediately they're looking everywhere the car, maybe their grandma's house, publics, and until you find it. Because I've seen people lose their vape and it's like pure terror in their heads. I think this would have been not a news story, and you would have found the kid immediately.
Speaker 4: Have you checked your back pocket?
Speaker 1: It's always one of the answers, like have you just shut him there? The obvious place they look in the back of this car, in the car the whole time.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: After a quick lesson in Carlis, I know.
Speaker 7: They've ever seen a half your kid in my life. He jumped out the car, bear huged my neck and would let me know.
Speaker 1: The job buddy. The dog has seven days in case.
Speaker 7: I don't know where the dog came from, but it was a blessing from God that day.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing about that dog. Officer Thompson says he'd been patrolling that neighborhood for two years and had never seen the dog before that moment, and he hasn't seen the dog since that day. The dog, mystery dog, Yeah, mystery dog. They never saw the dog in the neighborhood before, and they never saw the dog afterwards.
Speaker 8: Did we check that someone is not missing their dog?
Speaker 1: The dog now there's another dog searching for that dog. Yeah. It's a brutal cycle. How it goes, Yeah, it goes back and forth. Actually, as it turns out, that dog died back in October, just like.
Speaker 5: Damn it ceiling for the.
Speaker 1: Reck The kid wasn't missing for seven days, So that was that part was not accurate to think it was just missing for a little while there.
Speaker 6: Long enough to fly the helicopter out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's true. Yeah, but it was weird. I don't I don't know they got the chopper up, you know what I mean? Like that seems like I do have more questions about it's a miracle and it's beautiful, and I'm glad the mysterious dog showed up and stuff, But why was the kid in the car for all these hours? And how the parents didn't know this? You gotta you gotta keep an eye on your kid. Next thing, you know, your kids out in the garage just wandering around out there, and you don't know what's going on. He had just like the power tools in the garage. Anything could happen any parent who gets caught up in that situation. Power tools. I mentioned that one already, did, I Uh. Large skeletons for Christmas decorations for your yards.
Speaker 6: They're right, the classic Christmas skeleton.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you guys at your house. It's all big crossover over at the lane household. Okay, it's all big crossover over.
Speaker 6: So you are talking about a specific household.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh oh shoot, oh did I I'm.
Speaker 8: Sorry to watch your kids and where they're at, or give them an extra car fob.
Speaker 1: Alternative lesson we can take from this if we just put one mystery dog in every neighborhood problem solved. Nancy Guthrie was found weeks ago. Yeah, where is the Nancy Guthrie dog? There's no mystery dog there. If they had a mystery dog, Nancy Guthrie would be comfortable at home.
Speaker 6: You know what would blow all of our minds, And it's not going to happen because I'm saying it out loud. Blown same dog, okay, what uh? Same dog finds Nancy Guthrie. That would be I would.
Speaker 1: Just retire this week, would just by go.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna get see.
Speaker 1: There's something to this time to check in the other backup story that I had for an opener, I might as well share with you, And it's part of a larger rant that I have just ready to go at any point in time here. It could be now, I don't know, but streamer culture and unfortunately because this show is a streaming show on YouTube and Twitch, and I'd encourage you to watch today. You'll love it. I think YouTube dot com slash the news junkie, right, But the streaming world is full of some of the weirdest absolute losers, and the people who are trying to get audiences on streaming are acting in such unbelievable levels of desperation to get a temporary bump in viewers that you'll never meet in your life, that make you feel accomplished, that will disappear if you don't do the next crazy stunt that risks everything within X amount of days. And I've seen so much of this. You want to mention the loser guy, the young dude who always is like getting in fights or like, you know, his bodyguard is with him while he's bumping into other people. That one. Don't you want to mention that loser's name. But he recently was a golf tournament and he goes up to some guy and he's like, hey, here's one hundred dollars, go yell in the golfer's back swing when he's about to swing for THEO.
Speaker 8: I won't even do it himself. No, he just goes and offers money to people.
Speaker 1: He goes and offers money to randos who have a couple of drinks in them in the crowd of the PGA thing, and he goes, you know, scream, you know, butt liquor, and the guy pulls his club back butt licker, and he screws up because this idiot is paying somebody one hundred dollars, Like the world is some dumb prank for you to be involved in.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, but if I'm getting a teenager or whatever he is with a camera crew, I imagine I'm not taking a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, up, they took it. I think they got a couple of people to do it. And then he just got booted out, and I'm like, these people are so obnoxious.
Speaker 4: I want some of them to legit.
Speaker 1: I want some of them to legit spend time in a cell. I do. I know you all. I know all of you want, like your political opponents to be putting a cell. I want these people in jail. Whoever the clar guy is. Take the clovicular guy and this guy and put them in a jail cell, and just who is gonna miss them? All Right? I don't need any of this.
Speaker 4: That brings me to my point.
Speaker 1: There's a stupid kickstreamer, which is the ground zero for these kind of things, who decided to take advantage of the snow. And here's what happened on a live stream. This guy has an axe in his hand because you know, while of course you're gonna have an axe in your hand when you do something like this, over he goes all language is another language, so don't worry about the personal. What he jumps from what appears to be like a billboard down into the snow. No it didn't die. No, No, he literally survived all the way down. He's got about about thirty five feet or something.
Speaker 5: Come that seems unsafe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just really, I want I want some of these folks to just spend time twiddling their thumbs in a cell, like Gallaine Maxwell in that time lapse video I saw last week, which I loved. I was just her being bored. Yeah, it's just her in a cell and she's moving around and people are like, look how antsy she looks.
Speaker 4: Look at Gallainne Maxwell.
Speaker 1: She's so uncomfortable in this this federal prison, in this cell.
Speaker 4: She can't get comfortable.
Speaker 1: She's getting up and she's moving around in the like four minutes of past, and she's grabbing her knees and rocking back and forth in the bed, and I'm like, who can I want the bad guys to burn.
Speaker 5: That showed me.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's among the bad guys. But because it's terrible.
Speaker 8: I just watched the guy climb the damn the massive building and insert place here.
Speaker 1: That guy that is different, that is very different from usawn No, because that guy's a professional and literally the best in the world at what he does. And these are losers who are pounding a fifth of vodka, climbing up a billboard and diving a deadly amount down into the snow where other kids will watch their stupid influential kickstream and go, I too, can get a whole bunch of donos if I go up on top of the thing and jump down in the snow into a massive snow angel. Is dono an actual kick form of currency.
Speaker 4: Just donation? You would know if you were cool.
Speaker 1: But on account of not being cool and losing your kid in the garage, you're not keeping.
Speaker 6: Up lose things.
Speaker 1: There was a moment, it wasn't there. It's like or he walked out of the door, and then I followed him. It's okay, I was disney World.
Speaker 8: Exactly sean US nineties kids survived so much. I went into an elevator in Santaba Island to another level.
Speaker 5: I found turned out just fine, didn't I Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't feel bad ceiling. I mean I literally was on the monorail. Noticed my son wasn't on the monorail. The monorail at Disney World leaves and I see him waving at me as I'm driving away in the monorail, which, as you know, you can't just get off one of those things. You have to go and stopped it. And guess, no stopping You're just saying you were driving, and we were in the monorail. We were on the monorail at Disney World.
Speaker 5: And now Dylan just takes that ferry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's just he's still there. I don't know. I haven't seen him since. So I hired another kid. Yeah, so there's a website.
Speaker 5: There in my boot.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't admit to knowing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, it's a quick break. We have a lot to get into today, lots of activity outside the Nancy Guthrie story. Why do they keep searching in Annie Guthrie's neighborhood. What does this mean? What was the FBI saying door to door? I was literally watching them as they're going around door to door. I was listening to them and the questions they were asking. And there was one question that the FBI asked every homeowner that changed my mind about a couple of things on this case. Again, it's a wild ride. The latest is coming up next on the News Junkie. Big thanks to everybody who's been watching my videos short form videos on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, all the rest, all the social media platform. I appreciate that the one from yesterday before yesterday has broken off pretty crazy. I think two point four million on Instagram, over two million on Facebook, rocketing up into the stratosphere, and I thank you for taking the time to watch it. The only thing I can think of in cases like this is I didn't want to do short form video. I didn't want to do like the TikTok style videos. But then looking at all the other stuff out there, I was like, this is so bad, Like there's just so much garbage out there that I feel like maybe I can do something here. And so far, the strategy on that this year has worked for me, so thank you for watching those. I appreciate that a lot of the big details that are rolling in are happening in real time, as you can imagine on the show for most of you. With the case of Nancy Guthrie, quick primer if you're not on board. Savannah Guthrie is a host of The Today Show. Savannah Guthrie's mom, Nancy Guthrie went missing eleven days ago and has not been seen since.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it's been so long already.
Speaker 4: It's been eleven days.
Speaker 1: And yesterday we were all kind of jaw on the floor when out of nowhere, the FBI goes. They were able to and some hail mary attempt revived the camera and retrieve some videos and photos images of the person who shut up at the house, and it was creepy. The person was completely covered from head to toe and they had gloves on. They went up to Nancy Guthrie's door and they ended up abducting her. We believe. Shortly after that that led to a couple different conversations and eventually here I'm going to get to the updates, which are A new note has been received a new note allegedly from the abductors.
Speaker 4: What's in that? What's going on?
Speaker 1: What the hell was happening last night with them putting somebody in cuffs or you know, apprehending somebody questioning somebody. And then the person afterwards was like, I don't know who ratted me out, but it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: I'll give you all of that.
Speaker 1: And then I reader there was a note that was from not the abductors. Another one, Yeah, it was a little ransom. We'll look into all of this and we'll give you all the updates that you might need in just a moment here. But one thing that was a big conversation that I saw in all places online and in fact I even had some text back and forth in group texts about this with people, was whether or not after watching that video you thought the person who abducted Nancy Guthrie looked like a professional or a bumbling amateur, And like a wild amount of people were like, this guy was a total amateur. And I think mostly from the like putting the plant on the camera.
Speaker 5: Thing, Yeah, like he looked up what.
Speaker 8: It is to be a professional kidnapper as far as what he was wearing, chic kidnapper chic, but it was a lot of walking around the plant thing was weird. And then we don't have what happened after he got through to the door.
Speaker 4: No, no, we don't know happened after that.
Speaker 1: And uh, excuse noids in the background to here. You know, we don't know it happened after that, and we don't know like even where this guy came from or went obviously, but when I watched it.
Speaker 4: I didn't get the exact same vibe.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know if I would say this person looks like a hit man for a cartel. No, I don't think they look that professional. Maybe we're using different words here, Like when I say professional, it is on a bit of a curve that goes from this person was pretty well prepared, planned and ready to abduct a human being to like the far double O seven outskirts of that where they would make absolutely no mistakes. And if that was the case, then there wouldn't be this video. Uh yeah, if they were still good, you would yeah, you would not even have had the video to begin with. Or I think you one of you pointed out, either you see landor you Sabrina pointed.
Speaker 4: Out yesterday, if he was a real pro.
Speaker 1: He would have obviously anticipated a camera, brought some spray paint for the camera.
Speaker 4: Lens or like.
Speaker 1: Levels of pro.
Speaker 6: Like you could bring some tape, you could bring something to knock it off, or you could bring a Wi Fi disruptor that knocks every camera off of the networker and there would be no video.
Speaker 1: Are you studying to try to pull this off yourself? At some point?
Speaker 5: It's weird Monday quarterback.
Speaker 1: But we'll have to shove that. Let's shelve that, let's put that on the side. But I want to know from people who have been following this story today, did you think this person looked like would you categorize them as some bumbling amateur or like some sort of professional, Like they planned things out and they knew what they knew kind of what they were going to do.
Speaker 6: Aside from trying to cover the camera with plant matter. For whatever reason, God knows, there was a lot of talk about the way he wore the firearm, and I was like, people that are used to having guns, people that wear guns on the regular, don't do it that way, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like on on his like he was in the center, like above his cross, Yeah, above his crotch crotch, but it was a little higher.
Speaker 6: Usually you know, like you wear it on the side, which is why they call it a side arm.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah he was. He had a front arm he was giving. Yeah, it was right side flattering. But that's not where we're going with this. Sean on YouTube says, absolutely not professional in my opinion, Ted says, not a pro uh and a lot of other people are chiming in on this in real time, which you can do over on the chat side of things. I don't know, I'm not I'm not viewing pros like Infallible did not make any mistakes. I'm viewing pro as had an agenda and pulled it off with some professional level of ability beyond just some random bumbling dude eleven.
Speaker 6: Days without getting caught exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, like the person.
Speaker 1: The person got away with it, right, The person has not been easy for all of the King's horses and all the King's.
Speaker 4: Men to round him up and find him.
Speaker 1: And has been able to skirt law enforcement at all these points. Either, you know, there's only two choices. If you guys think he's an amateur, right, like, if a lot of you think he's an amateur. Then there's only two choices from that thought tree. It goes, if you think he's an amateur, then either he's just the luckiest criminal in the world or the cops are just really terrible at their job.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing, It might be both, because it was kind of clear to a good majority of people when this all broke that it was kind of amateur hour when it came to that.
Speaker 5: Jriff's department, that kind that prescott.
Speaker 8: So had the FBI immediately gotten involved, or if we had gotten that footage just twenty four or forty eight hours later, would we be in a different spot.
Speaker 5: Would we be in day eleven?
Speaker 1: Maybe? And also ceiling and looked this up because I only saw a tidbit on this and didn't go any deeper. I think at some point the FBI said they tried to get involved earlier but were rebuffed.
Speaker 4: See if you could.
Speaker 1: Find that if there's anything to back that up. At some point the FBI had made a statement like, we tried to get involved even earlier with local law enforcement. We heard this story, but they were not allowing us into the picture. Now, the FBI taking the reins on a lot of these things going door to door and going door to door. This brings me to question number two in the list of big questions. First question is is this person an amateur or some sort of professional. I happen to think they're outside of the amateur territory. I think they planned a lot for this. They made mistakes, but I think overall they were like really locked in and planning what they were going to do here. This was not some spur of the moment thing. They thought this out. They planned this meticulously, and they pulled it off, even if there were some bumps in the road. But the second question is, in watching all of this from the jump, do you think that the person who took this woman is the same one that's sending all of these notes right now? We don't know, right, We don't know that. Well, it definitely not the one I read about today, because there's now a ransom, but not to get back Annie Guthrie, but to reveal the identity of the kidnappers and then ask for a staggering one bitcoin one. That's it. Yeah, I got that. I've got the details on that. In a second, I've got the details on that. We'll hear about what was said in an interview just a moment. But the second question is, like, is the person who did this the person who's behind those ransom notes? And then the third big question is why do they keep the investigations of and around the family members so intense? For instance, yesterday the FBI was literally going door to door, knocking on doors in Annie Guthrie's neighborhood. Now, let me let me draw the pick sure here for you, because I know they didn't get a little complicated. Savannah Guthrie the Today Show host Nancy Guthrie. The mother Savannah's older sister, is Annie Guthrie. Annie Guthrie lives about a ten minute drive four miles or so away from her mother, Nancy Guthrie. Andy Guthrie lives about a ten minute drive about four miles away from her mother. Yet the FBI was almost exclusively in Annie Guthrie's neighborhood, going door to door yesterday, ten days after this woman went missing. Well, we also know that she was the last to see Annie Guthrie alive, Yes, but then we know that she went home from there because she detached from the thing. So they're not looking in her neighborhood, in her home where she definitely went afterward. They are exclusively seeming to focus on the neighborhood around the older sister, Annie Guthrie, and that's curious to me and the FBI agents who are knocking going door to door, we're asking very interesting questions and I need some more information on this one too.
Speaker 4: Not to throw everything in the world at you, but why first so you knew.
Speaker 1: What one was can When they went door to door in Annie Guthrie's neighborhood, they said, we want to see security footage from any cameras you have from when it turned midnight into the next day, the day she was missing. They want security footage from midnight when it turned midnight the day that she went missing.
Speaker 4: This is before any timelines have her as.
Speaker 1: Actually missing, but they want to see the security footage of that period in time, which is kind of interesting to me. Why wouldn't they be looking in her neighborhood after the time that they thought this abduction occurred. I don't understand why that's happening. And the other question they asked all of them was apparently, can we search your backyard? And most houses allowed the FBI to go in and search their backyard. Rumor has it that they saw someone drop something in one of the yards and that's.
Speaker 4: What they were looking for.
Speaker 1: So it's all very very curious, made maybe even curious or by this new note that Selan was just mentioning. And we'll get to you if there's any updates on anything I said in a second here, But let's go to the extra note, the new note on this whole thing and what it said we which was sent to tmzmz hang on, let me turn this out and sent a third letter, please explain and describe what you got about ninety minutes ago.
Speaker 3: So an hour and a half ago, we got a kind of a bizarre letter, an email from somebody who says they know who the kidnapper is and that they have tried reaching Savannah's sister Annie and Savannah's brother to no avail. And they said they want one bitcoin sent to a bitcoin address that we have confirmed.
Speaker 4: Is active everyone's bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Address, and as they put it, time is more than relevant. So we have no idea whether this is real or not, but they are making a demand. It's interesting that you know bitcoin's fluctuate in value, but it's around fifty six thousand dollars now.
Speaker 1: One bitcoin.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought it was more than that.
Speaker 6: What's in sixty six to sixty seven?
Speaker 8: Now I'm wondering what time they receive this when that news broke and did it just bump up in value?
Speaker 1: Ld It could, but for me, I go, somebody sent you a letter demanding one bitcoin and they said they'll reveal who the kidnappers are. My alarm bells go off and tell me that's just some crazy nutjob emailing.
Speaker 6: It was obsessed with this case, especially when you consider the fact that the FBI has offered fifty thousand dollars for tips leading to the arrest of kidnapper. So you could get fifty thousand dollars, that seems like a little more on the table than just a bitcoin.
Speaker 8: Sure, Now, riddle me this because we have stories and have talked about cases in the past where they give out the tip line and the reward and you get a bunch of maybe by the thousands, crazy people. They're like, I saw it in my dream, right, this is what I need. So TMZ filtered out this one email. Do you think there's something to it that they think it's more legitimate than very likely other crazy emails they received.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't. I my gut tells me that TMZ saw this and said, we're a big part of this story. And if we say we got another note, will be a bigger part of this story. But this note doesn't seem the same. This note is just somebody going, oh, I totally know what's going on, send me a bitcoin. It's like, it just seems real fishy. It seems like this person is just trying to get some money, as opposed to somebody much earlier on mentioning some details from the crime scene. All of it, however, astonishing, crazy to watch and all the rest. And that's just getting started here today. We haven't even talked about the person the police questioned last night and these reports of a chopper taking off and going to a hospital. We'll get into all of that as the show rolls on today when we come back. Some of your emails people freaking out as their power bills start to arrive after the cold. Some of these numbers that you're seeing are crazy. Buckle up because these details are going to take you by surprise, and that is coming up next in the news Junkie. Well, it's been cold, it's been cold. Murdered a couple of plants in my yard and made me uncomfortable a couple of times. We turned on the heater for like three or four days or whatever. But now something is happening. After this cold blast, this arctic cold blast, it hit the country, and everybody was freezing for like a couple of weeks. At least most of the year's still freezing out there, but everybody, even Florida was freezing for a couple of weeks there. And now people are starting to get their first power bills after the cold weather went through, and they are melting down. I mean melting down because some people didn't realize exactly what was going to happen to him. Here. There are people who are now paying as much as one thousand dollars for their power bill.
Speaker 4: Is a result of the cold.
Speaker 1: Snap that just hit the country, and power just goes up and up and up.
Speaker 8: Even after that email and four phone calls we all got from our power company.
Speaker 1: Even after that, is still just skyrocketing bills in the power world. And I want to talk about that separately in just a moment here, But first, staying on the question the power bills that people are starting to get, showed the increased spike from turning on heaters from having like you know, electric heaters that they were plugging in high intensity electrical equipment that.
Speaker 4: You were using.
Speaker 1: You might have thought, well, my air conditioner is not on the I'm good to go. Well, your heater is doing a lot of work and it is spinning that meter, baby, and it's expensive. And so people are opening the mailboxer, grabbing their emails from the power company, and they're seeing how much all this costs. Somebody on Chat who was mentioning their situation earlier said, hey, here's what happened to me. I saw two days of my bill. One day was like forty bucks. The other day was like fifty bucks. They get like a daily thing, a daily email sent FP and L in their case, Florida Power and Light in their case, and they sent up a daily thing. It is like fifty bucks a day as you're rolling through some of these days, and that's low compared to what some people got. You're getting thousand dollars power bills. Now, that's one thing to talk about here. And if you've seen a power bill in the last couple of days, let us know if it got really expensive for you or if more people should be aware of this until they get theirs. But this is one of those ones that I think hasn't really gripped Americans yet. It doesn't make sense to me because I drive down the street and I see people just swapping out their protest signs every week. It's like eat the rich, or Elon's bad or you know, no kings are onto the next one. And if you're if somebody is going to do one of these about the power bill, I'm with you. I will join you, I will go out there on the streets the price of electricity are power bills keeps going up and up and up and up and up and up and up.
Speaker 4: And there is no end in sight.
Speaker 1: And it's like this thing where you go, well, hey, what if rent rates stabilize, What if homeownership becomes more affordable, What if this goes down? What if homeowner's insurance goes down? In this in the state of Florida in particular, none of that matters. If other things keep skyrocketing out of control, and the power bills have gotten out of control. They have gotten out of control. And the most brutal thing in the world is there's no competition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about your internet.
Speaker 1: Internet. Like your Internet, you could go a bunch of routes, right I could have like four different providers if I wanted to for my internet right now, easy spot almost anywhere now because you have the what's what's the elon must starling, you have starlink as an option you have there's different satellite options that they have other than Starlink Starlinks the big one at the moment. You have in most neighborhoods a cable internet provider or two, sometimes at least usually one do you have usually like an AT and T or maybe a fiber optic line you have, you know, there's all of these different options that you have. You can even use the cell companies right like most of the cell companies will sell a whole home Wi Fi that uses a cellular signal to get a pretty decent high speed connection. And there's all these options that you have to utilize this so it keeps them in check and your Internet bill doesn't go out of control. I have absolutely insane internet at my house. Okay, I have fiber lines running into my house. It is one hundred dollars a month. What nobody said nothing about no fiber line that's right. How did you have something ready?
Speaker 5: Scaming? I did a jump scale.
Speaker 4: Database that you can search by letters.
Speaker 6: That one's just on my board because I typically just stop it after.
Speaker 5: What guaranteed human.
Speaker 6: But the fiber line thing just you know, that's a that's a lucky there.
Speaker 1: Fiber lines one hundred bucks. I'm paying for fiber Internet. It's like a beyond a gig or something.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, And then you have those moments where it slows down a little bit and they're like, sorry, I don't know what to tell you, not me fiber. I've had so many of those moments.
Speaker 1: Fiber is good because it doesn't do that. Your fiber line is like the most consistent line that you can get trusted. Who do you have fiber from?
Speaker 5: ATNT?
Speaker 1: Really I've had no issues like that at all, And I mean think about what I'm doing with even just the show right now, Like I'm intensely using the connection all the time.
Speaker 6: You could your problem could be your WiFi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well someone's going to nasty call this afternoon.
Speaker 1: It probably is your WiFi. Actually that's where you're going to find the variation as opposed to the fiber stuff. But the point is you have competition and it keeps everybody in check, and they do price deals and stuff.
Speaker 4: And when it comes to your.
Speaker 1: Power, CILI mentions, sure you can have like solar or something you can, but mostly you have no choice and solar ain't gonna keep you going by yourself in almost all cases. You know, the kind of solar setup, I would have to have all my house to keep it running twenty four to seven and.
Speaker 5: Take Anne for to make up for the money, Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you would. I would have to spend. I'd have to give six power walls. I'd have to fill my roof with every single solar panel I possibly could, and then hope for the best that there weren't any clouds. It like, it's really that's that's not perfect. It will be at some point in time, but right now we don't have a choice. More people should be pissed off at the power company. They are really, really, really gouging us, and it just goes up and up and up. Nowhere in sight is an end on this. Real quick tips at the news junkie dot com. A couple of emails rolling in. Tell me if you're mad about your power bill, tell me if're seeing those big winter power bills, tips at the news junkie dot com or send a dispatch record years at the news Junki dot com. Fill up emails this show, Hey Sean, I saw on Paramount Plus a documentary film called Bodyguard of Lies. I'm not familiar with this, and it's amazing. I think you will thoroughly enjoy it the way you view news and information. It has actual footage from different parts of the Afghan war and even has interviews with Taliban officers and some of the Afghan nationals that helped our forces over there. I spent time in both the OEF and the OIF Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation what's OEF operation?
Speaker 4: And During Freedom is OEF operation.
Speaker 6: Increasing freedoms, less freedom and I increased it.
Speaker 1: Operation I give up on freedom. I don't know what the second one was, Operation of Raki Freedom might be it? Yeah? And during Freedom was in Afghanistan, wasn't it? And then I RACKI freedom was we were just giving freedom out like nothing, freedom like candy. I audibly said duh a few times and shook my head in agreement quite a few times about some of the information that was brought to life in this Bodyguard of Lies. Documentary. It's all about the government using keywords to keep the American public okay with a continuing war in Afghanistan and so many other aspects of that war. Some of the actual footage from the wars was a little hard for me to watch because of the PTSD of being over there, but I think you'd enjoy it. I'll try to check that out. Philip, thank you tips of the news Junkie dot com and Melanie emails the show. She says, I was watching the after show stream By the way, another bonus dream unlocked by the awesome folks in chat this week, and I think this weekend when I do the bonus dream, I might Courtney might come in on that to join me for some fun and some videos that didn't make it on the show. So if you want to check that out YouTube dot com, slash the news Junkie. This is Melanie saying, I'm watching the after show streaming. You were talking about a lady who got massive fines for barely parking on her grass. I thought for sure she'd be in Deltona, but it was in Lantana, Florida. Yes it was, as she said. Here are code enforcement is well known for targeting people who speak out about local issues or have negative interactions with our city officials, especially the mayor that's corrupt. Just thought i'd share that it's only a matter of time before you see a story just like that.
Speaker 4: But from Deltona, Florida. I have a great night.
Speaker 1: But thanks for everything I do or everything you do, y'all do, the emailer says, real quick, Sea Lane, bring this story up on this Lantana homeowners grass fines. All right, the story that I talked about briefly. I don't do a lot of stories. It's more just like viral and viral clips and fun stuff on the bonus streams. But the story that I went over was so wild to me and anybody that was watching that that it's worth repeating here. It was in Lantana, Florida. A woman was parking her tires like an inch or two on the grass and her yard, and she was getting a fine every day, and she wasn't aware of it for a long period of time. And the final fine that they gave her for parking like an inch on her grass and then having her her fence was damaged by a storm. The fine that the HOA put on her was just crazy.
Speaker 6: Did you find this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't an ho wait, this is city code violations. May yeah, maybe it was. Maybe it was like the actual city enforcing the code violations. That's what it was.
Speaker 6: Actually, And it said the homeowner, Sandy Martinez A crewed over one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars in fines, including over one hundred thousand specifically for parking vehicles with tires partially on her grass due to city code violations, which imposes a fine of two hundred and fifty dollars a day for parking on residential lawns. Now, yeah, one hundred thousand divided by two fifty means she did this for four hundred days without knowing.
Speaker 1: Ye shouldn't you be alert? Wyer? She said she got notified at the beginning, but then she didn't know it was a continuous thing, so she thought she could just fix it and be past the problem. But they said even being two inches on her grass was against the fine, and they kept adding on the fine every day until the grass fine for two or three inches out of the grass was over one hundred thousand dollars, and then the fence fine, which she eventually fixed the fence was a whole bunch of money too, And the total was what'd you say, one's sixty five one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars And a judge said the fines weren't excessive and that she has to pay them. And I'm like, oh my god, like, oh go, if you was crazy, I tell you, doesn't matter. You still owe this city that much money. They put a lien on the house. Yeah, they put a lien on this woman's house.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't able to sell it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be able to sell your house unless you pay off the money, and that like then you can't even sell your house because what's her house worth in Lantana with one hundred and sixty grand knocked off it? Anyhow, that was a crazy story, and I thought that the judge was wrong in saying that wasn't an excessive penalty for somebody who was like, I think she's a nurse who makes sixty thousand dollars a year or forty maybe.
Speaker 4: Forty whatever the number was.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been forty thousand, because said it would take her four years just paying the fines. To pay off the fines, that she has four years of all of her income just to pay the fine. Okay, quick break, we're running behind. When we come back, we'll get into something that is very very upsetting. High school students have been told they can't do something, all right, and they're very upset about this.
Speaker 4: And it's not what you're thinking. What is it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out together. And more is coming in on the Nancy Guthrie missing person's case, bombshells by the minute, and so I'll coming up next in the news, chunkie. The kids are complaining these days. First they want to protest, they want to go out during school hours and protests, and a lot of the schools say, hey, I don't know, maybe it's a better idea that you kids actually learn to read and write. Seems like there is not a lot of that going on these days. And that kind of fades out of the headlines a little bit. And now this is a very particular thing, I'll tell you very quickly before we get onto a big, juicy Olympics scandal that's roaring in. But the kids are pissed off.
Speaker 4: They're mad. They're mad.
Speaker 1: The kids in Seattle, Washington are mad because they've decided to have the Super Bowl parade during school, and they won't let school out, and all the kids are like, well, why can't we celebrate good.
Speaker 5: And doing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a regular street parade thing like they do after your team wins the Super Bowl. But it's on a weekday and it's during school, and the kids are raging like why can't we get out of school? And the superintendent goes up there and hey, pounds on the podium and goes, here's the deal. I want you to know. I want you in school learning things.
Speaker 4: You're not going to the super Bowl parade.
Speaker 8: You losers' pay attention in school?
Speaker 1: Why not if they don't whip them or don't whip them, But you know, I could just whip them into shape basically metaphorically whip them verbally. Some of them really physically whip them, but most of them only metaphorically whip them into shape. Get back in the classroom, you little winer. We had to do it, all of us had to do it. We had to go through elementary school, which was kind of a good time, honestly, and then middle school, which was a little awkward, and then started to get a little bully like and then high school, which was like a total catastrophe, considering I went to one of the worst schools in the country and bounced out of that one very quickly.
Speaker 8: You consider your time in all three of those things, and did any championship parades happen?
Speaker 1: No, because if Florida teams didn't win anything barely during that time, not until I was an adult, And and even if they did, the kids would be like, we want to go to the parade. No, No, you already get a whole summer off. Okay, you get the whole summer. When the summer happens, you do all the summer the parade. Why do you guys treat these kids this way? Get in school, learn. You only have to stay in school for like what six hours a day.
Speaker 4: You go on to school, go to school and learn.
Speaker 1: Please let them do it for the rest of your life. I don't care about the Moraley. These little kids got enough stuff going on. I want them learning. I don't care if they're mad that they didn't get to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: If they're mad, you been there.
Speaker 8: You've been in school when you are not in the mood to learn, and you won't especially show.
Speaker 5: Up all of your peers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ruined my entire high school experience like three times before saying I gotta fix this and going back to high school and getting my high school diploma. Shouts out to North Tech and not there any RP to the rip to the school. That's where you Billy Madison your way through things. No, not really school. It was a It was a normal high school, but not normal. Like it was a normal high school, but just made for for people like me who wanted to just get the work done, animal get their high school diploma. No uniform, you could leave for lunch, get the there was no there, no detention. This was like, this was like going to college and getting detention. You go to college, you miss a class, The teacher doesn't care if you miss a class. You paid for it. You're wasting your money. Yeah, so then you gotta pay for it again. You know. The punishment is like you gotta do this over and over in your GPA faults. But in this case, it was like, you don't want to do your work, see you later enjoy flipping burgers for the rest of your life or whatever the punishment is. And so I put it together. These kids don't deserve a Super Bowl parade. Half of them don't even care about football, all right, They just want any excuse to get out of school. Let's keep them in school for now. Then when you're done with school, you get to take on the real world and go to all the Super Bowl parties. This is just the way life goes. There's too many softies like these two ceiling and Sabrina like, oh every time, Oh my god, you're talking about realistic is go to school like everybody else went to school. That's realistic, softee like, go to school. We're just talking about it's a lesson. I learned no better person than me. I'm not as.
Speaker 5: Let them go to the parade.
Speaker 1: You are are a part of the problem, okay, the problem is the problem is. The reason why we have so many kids in the United States of America who can't read or write is because we have so many reasons that we give for them to do anything other than reader.
Speaker 5: Some letters on the damn flow.
Speaker 1: I don't tell you we have. We have a million excuses that we give them, and we just graduate them so we can have one hundred percent graduation rates even though some of them can't read the word cat when it's.
Speaker 4: Spelled out in front of them.
Speaker 1: If your school has perfect grades across the mark, then if you're on the honor roll, then you could go to the parade. Okay, I don't care, but all the other kids, and those are the kids who want to go. Those are the kids who want to go. The dummies who aren't learning any of this stuff. Okay, I'm about to ban a whole bunch of you in chat. By the way, all these bank No, they're not disagreeing with me. They're they're trying to take shots at me right now. Say you shot on his period this week, which is just stupid, because if you get you know, if you too run the world, the world is going to go to hell in a handbasketfall.
Speaker 5: Talking chatter us you.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to you. I'm talking to you because these are terrible ideas. There needs to be structure, people need to learn things, people need to be disciplined, and.
Speaker 4: When that happens, everything goes better.
Speaker 5: There's a better.
Speaker 1: He's yelling at every They're related, They're related, They're related. Those two things are related. I'm not on my period. No, But I don't care if these kids can't go to the Super Bowl parade for God's sake. I mean, Jesus, You've got enough things going on. Just enjoy your lives and go to school and flirt with people and gossip about other kids and learn things and then go home. That's the way to do it. Let me know what you think, send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com or.
Speaker 4: Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: This is all, honest to God, from me learning lessons and trying to impart them on other kids who are probably going to make the same damn mistakes. If you want to be successful in your life, you have to have a vision for you where you want to go, and you have to work hard, and you have to try to chase after whatever kind of success in life is going to make you happy. That's the most important thing in the world. Not going to that Super Bowl parade, all right, Reading is going to be top of the list for me. Let's go over to this super awkward Olympic controversy. This is a really strange one. I don't know if you guys saw this or not. I saw one that sounded pretty damn awkward, and I don't know if we're talking about the same thing the skier guys that was made.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes to the private area.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no. This this guy, this person stirla home. This guy from Norway, he won the bronze medal and then he won the bronze and they're interviewing him on TV after his win and he's like, yeah, you know, I'm excited that I won.
Speaker 4: I'm excited at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: But I cheated on my girlfriend and I love her so much and I just want her to take me back.
Speaker 9: And and and which, by the way, like if you're the one who's doing the cheating, now you're putting her out there and and she's like she goes into the the the attention target.
Speaker 6: Maybe he thinks this is like the you know, the high school movie style grand gesture, and then do it like like like.
Speaker 1: This is his chance.
Speaker 6: He can say whatever he wants during this interview because he just won a bronze medal. And he goes, I'm gonna take this time.
Speaker 1: We're going to use up my time on.
Speaker 6: The woman I love, even though I cheated on her, because that's you know what's gonna tell her, That's what's going to show her that I really am committed to this.
Speaker 1: That is this never been kissed?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Julia?
Speaker 4: Gulia? What's this guy?
Speaker 1: Is? He is weird? Why are you talking about your cheating on your partner?
Speaker 6: I'm this is what he thinks. He thinks this is going to be the winning move here. I don't know that it is plot twist.
Speaker 5: She got with the gold medal guy.
Speaker 1: We we know because she's chimed in. We have an update from her. But first him, let's hear he is talking about this, your Olympic bronze medal. How do you feel? It's huge? It's my first Olympic medal. Okay, I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way, he said, the Waxers for a great day of skiing, my whole family for supporting me. So far, so good. And there's someone I want to share this with. All right, okay, so that's when you're like, all right, you think your family, you think all the people here at the Olympics.
Speaker 8: It's a sweet thing that's going to as well.
Speaker 1: Right. But then, and there's someone I want to share this with who may not be watching today. Oh. He pulls out a note. I think he's looking at a note. Six months ago, I met the love of my life, the most beautiful, wonderful person in the world, and three months ago I made the biggest mistake of my life and cheated on her. Oh gosh, and that's all I've been thinking about for a week. That's why I got bronze red flag.
Speaker 5: So there was only a six month relationship, or I guess.
Speaker 1: It was a short relationship.
Speaker 4: The love of his life and he cheated on her.
Speaker 1: And he's crumbling and crying at the Olympics after winning the bronze talking about this, this person he cheated on, spend the worst week of my life.
Speaker 4: So I had a.
Speaker 1: Gold metal in life. I'm sure there are many people out there now who see me in a different light, but I only have eyes for her now. I'm not quite sure what I want to say here now. Well, stop stop saying he's like an attorney yesterday. Can we cut?
Speaker 10: Can we cut?
Speaker 1: I think we need to cut? Please? Well you want to cut because I just said a lot of things and I can't take them.
Speaker 4: Back right now.
Speaker 5: God, And you said that, she responded.
Speaker 4: She responded.
Speaker 1: She responded, he said, it's been the worst week of my life, so the math isn't great. Here.
Speaker 6: He met the girl six months ago, she did three months, and he cheated, but she's the love of his life and this has been the worst week.
Speaker 1: How long did the cheating go on? When did he get caught? It doesn't, it doesn't say, I don't know, but that's an interesting question, and I would say an important one. Important. This week the worst week of her life. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: You're competing in the Olympics and you want a bronze medal. That's got to be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now how she's roped into this Stirla Lagarad's ex girlfriend has responded after you publicly admitted to cheating during the Olympics. In this awkward moment, the ex girlfriend says, it's hard to forgive even after a declaration of love in front of the whole world. I did not choose to end up in this situation and it hurts to have to be in it. We have been in contact and he is aware of my views on this. It's like, dude, did you maybe make a second mistake by doing the whole proclaiming your love and apologizing for cheating? Yes, yeah, I think so. I think so, But I do want to put it out there what do you think, everybody chat dispatcher's email romantic or cringe? Which one of those do you land on here? Romantic or cringe? Was this a romantic gesture from a man who made a mistake like Celi was saying something out of a movie or was this cringe for him to bring her up?
Speaker 4: And now it's awkward and they got to go. So what do you think?
Speaker 8: Well, there's probably gonna be some reporters someone reaches out to her.
Speaker 5: Any response to your weird expert who.
Speaker 1: Got ns Well that no, that's literally what happened. She said. It's hard to forgive even after a declaration of love in front of the whole world. I did not choose that up in this situation. Yeah, and it hurts, she said, it hurts to have to be in it.
Speaker 5: Man, they're really in love for three months? Huh.
Speaker 1: That is so strange to me. I think like this is a personal thing. Win the bronze and go there's somebody that's really in my thoughts in my heart right now. But I'm going to have a personal conversation with them. Thanks to everybody, I'm proud to have gotten.
Speaker 4: The medal here for Norway.
Speaker 1: God bless and have a great night, see you later Olympics, and then the camera goes off and then you get on the phone and go, hey, I didn't want to bring you up by name or anything, and I didn't want to say anything, but I've just been struggling this whole time with me cheating. I made such a mistake, and I love you when I want you back. But private phone.
Speaker 8: Call him crying like that and saying that sentiment. You know that he has called during the last three months four hundred times.
Speaker 1: Right probably she said he knows how I feel.
Speaker 5: NonStop.
Speaker 1: That's very strange. Let us know what you think, senatorspatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com. Was it romantic or cringe? Let us know when we come back. More updates on the Nancy Guthrie case that is entering day eleven. Here a lot of emails people chiming in on the topics that we've discussed so far. We've got to get down on what happened in Canada. That's pretty crazy. A lot on the way. That's all coming up next on the News Junkie. We'll get into some of the actual Super Bowl ratings are in now and some interesting information around that that we'll talk about in a moment. But I was just chatting with the stream people strangely enough, that'll make sense in a second here. But I asked a question, personal question, and I just expect complete honesty from everybody on this. And I've like been debating making a change minor minor change in my life. When I wake up in the middle of the night, like let's say it's three o'clock in the morning right which, yes, it is pitch black outside, and I have that moment where I got to wake up. And you know, certainly Sea Land probably had one of these last night after all that THHC he drank, I did, I had to pee.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to, and then I did. I woke up at three something because the baby started crying. Oh gohead that was still high.
Speaker 1: I was like, I did not want to deal with this baby. Too hot for the baby. Put them back in the garage. I can't deal with it right now. I know that you went through this then last night worse than me, far or worse than than I did. But you know the first thing you do, and you already admitted this, Sea Let is if you have to pee at it's like three o'clock in the morning, you start bargaining with yourself. Can I just I just want to go to sleep? Can I just I don't need to do this now, I'll put this off. I'll be fine.
Speaker 6: The amount of time that I take to convince myself you probably won't pee yourself. Yeah, you'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Is it like a physical thing that men have to do?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 6: Beagless?
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not necessarily escalating to that point, Sabrina. But it's like right before it. It's right before where you go, I could hold it, but I'm sleeping. I know I'm not gonna pee the bed, but just I really have to pee right now. And so you make the decision and you go, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna pee when you do this. The question that I was asking to the chat people, I'll ask to you seal it and Sabrina. Now do you guys, if you have a middle of the night session where you have to pee real quick, do you turn on the light?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, I I have to And that means I will go because I have a bathroom in my room, and that I will not turn the light on, but I'll just go to the other bathroom and turn the light on so.
Speaker 1: You can hurt myself. You'll go a little further, turn on the bathroom so you can see what you're doing, and then you go to the bathroom in there.
Speaker 4: And come back.
Speaker 1: I'm so worried, and I don't know if there's any signs to this. I'm so worried that if I turn the light on, it's gonna wake me up too much.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, that's definitely a concern.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to stay in this zombie like state when it's three o'clock in the morning and I'm making my way to the bathroom and I get in there and you.
Speaker 5: Sleep on the toilet. That's happened once or twice.
Speaker 1: No, I've never been back in that sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just get right back, not in years those two houses ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gokay as quickly as I can in the dark, and then I try to go right back to sleep so I can seamlessly get back to you know, what I was doing, or maybe even the dream that I was in or something. But as of last night, I tried to do this. I'm like, is this going in the toilet? I got the toilet set up. I'm like, I don't know, am I is this going on the toilet set? And I said, do most people turn on the lights or go in the dark because they're worried about the same thing that I am. Because I I swear to myself, Sean, if you turn on the light and then properly know that you're not peeing all over the place, because sometimes after I go, it'll wake Courtney up and then she'll have to go and I'll be like, oh, such a lot of peat. Good no, good luck in there. I just peed all over everything. Yeah, I don't know what I did.
Speaker 5: I close the toilet seat lit every time.
Speaker 8: That is no a routine or its automatic because of what we learned about toilet plu.
Speaker 6: If I'm getting up to pee in the middle of the night, it's it's a sit down. Yeah, sure, yeah, there's no I'm not trying to worry about aiming now. Occasionally, just if it's too dark in there. I have like the bathroom, like the that's that's in the primary bedroom.
Speaker 1: I have the master bathroom.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, and then that has a closet that juts out of that and sometimes I'll turn on the light to the closet, but not the bathroom. I don't go in there. I'm not going in the closet, but enough light is gonna kind of reflect around there and just give me enough of a glow that I'm not directly getting like, uh, you know, too woken up, like an in between, You're like, there's some light in the area, so I could see my feet on the ground. I want my pupils to stay big. Yeah, some of you are weird.
Speaker 1: Though you got there. There does need to be a purge in this chat. Some of you are weird. Why don't you just pee in the shower? What that's weird talk. That's gonna wake me up more If I pee in the shower, then I'm like trying to make sure it's all showered down the drain or something.
Speaker 8: I got that blow y'all's minds. And I'm sorry I didn't mention this before. It was a Christmas gift last year. I have a censor disco ball in the guest bathroom.
Speaker 1: Toilet, a disco ball.
Speaker 8: Every time that there's any sort of motion, there is a disco party.
Speaker 5: In the toilet bowl. Therefore you could see it nowhere to pee inside the toilet. Inside the toilet.
Speaker 8: Oh but once once you're like, you know where the toilet's at.
Speaker 5: Once it sees your butt.
Speaker 4: So there's a light on the rims.
Speaker 1: You're not encountering as many issues as as I am on account of I'm standing up. I'm standing up and I'm worried about.
Speaker 5: Oh, it'll stay disco for you. I'm gonna get that free birth No, but.
Speaker 1: It's pitch black. I don't have the disco ball. And I'm like, I don't know what I'm hitting here. I hear water. I think sometimes it helt it on my knees. Right, I'm I'm a literally, I kid you not, folks.
Speaker 4: I'm closing my eyes.
Speaker 1: I will say, I will close my eyes so I'm closed so that sleep stay. And then I go, well, now I've made a mess here, I think, And if Courtney has to go next, I don't want to have to sit and pee. That's disgusting. So now I'm cleaning up then washing my hands on. Maybe I should have just turned the light on to begin with. Could have saved a lot of time. I could have really fixed this for myself. But if that's something you struggled with too, please join me in your confessions over at Tips at the news junkie dot com or a dispatch, it's a newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: Real quick on the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Last super Bowl update, probably I saw that the ratings were finally in. Now there was a weird thing where they there was a news story that said what the ratings were, and at the time, I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, what, yeah, very quick, NBC Sports had put something out like one hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 1: I thought it was CBS that had put out the first thing, which didn't even make sense at all because they weren't even broadcasting it. But whoever released the first thing, they don't have ratings a couple hours after the super Bowl, certainly not any ratings that anybody talks about. So I was wondering why anybody ran with that and why that was everybody was talking about. I feel like there was just so many people who wanted to do a bad Bunny is the most popular party that they were just like the biggest super Bowl ever And wait, hold on, you get the twenty four plus one or whatever the hours are that Nielsen releases, you don't get them for a full day afterwards. That's when you get the ratings on the super Bowl. And who was viewing it and NBC. I think the original report was at one hundred and thirty five million, which would have made it like the most watched super Bowl. That was not accurate. That was off by over ten million viewers. It was one hundred and twenty four or twenty five million people that watched this Super Bowl. And the halftime performance was also down from last year. So Kendrick Glamar was actually more popular in terms of viewers, and the Super Bowl viewership was down. And this will shock precisely no one in almost all markets save for Seattle, and I think New England too, but save for Seattle, the second half, including like the third and fourth quarters, were dropping. People were like bored with the game and they were just tuning out and they were getting out of there at the end of the game. It was not as well viewed as last year's Super Bowl, and the numbers fell off at a couple points. Most of it was like in the third quarter. Somebody says, literally all sports, NFL regular season and playoffs included, have been seeing crazy increases in ratings this year with the new Nielsen methodology, which is a whole thing. I can explain it if anybody actually cares, but you probably don't. For Super Bowl ratings to go down from last year is something the NFL is assuredly not happy about. I don't know if it goes to that extreme. I think they're probably still happy with the numbers. They were also happy that they broke all of their previous social media records, and again no surprise here, over fifty percent of the views on the social media content came from outside the United States. From South America and Central America is where the most that most of those social viewers that exploded came from.
Speaker 6: Well, also, I read somewhere that the NFL's social posts were largely about the halftime show and not as much about the game, which, honestly, it's because the more exciting part of the broadcast.
Speaker 1: What you like post about a Fueld goal, Yeah, I don't, And that's that's the biggest problem. Screw the halftime show. You need better narratives to make the game more exciting. People were tuning out the board.
Speaker 5: Streaker that would have bumped some numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't like to do that. But there's a group here that has more details about the actual moments that people were tuning out and I'll get into that in a bit here on the show as we roll on a little more, but we.
Speaker 4: Want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Get those dispatches and emails in still so much on deck on a very busy Wednesday, when we come back the next episode with Sabrino, what's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 8: What's on the next step the episode, Kid Rock has weigh in on the did he didn't he? It really looked like he did lip sync the boogie. Say goodbye to the divide and controversy of the Super Bowl halftime show because Dave Drayman is here to save the day or make it much worse.
Speaker 5: Plus leave Brittany cashing the f out alone. Hold on so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the News Junkie Are We're going to get see your feedback. I haven't played any dispatches, but they are cute up and there's some good ones in there, including thank you for sending some video dispatches. I'll play those alright in a minute. The love seeing those. And we also got emails, tons of emails, all the feedback that's been coming in over the last couple hours on the show. I'll start to work it in after some juicy gossip at the beginning of the next segment. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode. Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 11: You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 1: I want to take a selfie with that huge ass erect erecting's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 12: Hey, hold up the next episode brought to you.
Speaker 8: Buy that mortgage guyd on that mortgage guidn dot com.
Speaker 5: That's his website.
Speaker 8: That's where you get direct access to the expert and friend that you could trust, especially when it comes to those big life decisions like refinancing, buying your first dream home, deck consolidation, elocks, reverse mortgages, starting a business, expanding your business. So headline today there are more real estate agents in there are houses for sale.
Speaker 1: Wow, so.
Speaker 8: Complicated and maybe a little screwy. So why not work with someone who knows what he's doing and has thousands of five.
Speaker 5: Star review use to prove that.
Speaker 8: So go to that mortgage guy down dot com to get the process started.
Speaker 1: Did I do miss the book.
Speaker 8: Dot com forty years ago, nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 5: This guy right here, lead.
Speaker 1: Singer boy George.
Speaker 8: Boy George is right, and he guest starred on an episode of this show right here.
Speaker 1: Maybe eighteen eighteen, is right? Boy George was on the A Team.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes he was. It was one episode on this day in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: It's a weird fit.
Speaker 5: What is the actual title of this episode? No googling?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 8: Chameleon Commando? I pity the pool doesn't really want.
Speaker 5: To hurt me?
Speaker 8: A Team Dream or mister T versus the Hat Collection A Team.
Speaker 6: Dream eighteen dream?
Speaker 8: Both of you're incorrecteds, Cowboy George, that wasn't one of the I know it was a little trick.
Speaker 1: What kind of open gotcha trick?
Speaker 5: Question?
Speaker 1: All right? Also some fun so trick? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Financial incentive.
Speaker 8: When it came to this episode forty years ago, Boy George agreed to the guest spot primarily because he was offered a significant amount of money, which he found alluring. That amount nearly one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Damn cast spot on the A.
Speaker 5: Team in nineteen eighty six, So that's insane.
Speaker 8: I imagine this was before that whole handcuffed to prostitute to his wall because he tried to steal fromhim.
Speaker 6: Right, maybe they're not money.
Speaker 1: You think if if boy George was walking down the road and had no like makeup or anything on. Nope, I think you would recognize that person.
Speaker 8: Ah, do we even have a picture of him without his look?
Speaker 1: It would be like Robert Smith from The Cure. I think Robert Smith from the Care with no makeup or anything on other than the hair, I might go, I got a weird hair like Robert Smith.
Speaker 5: He hasn't washed it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very strange.
Speaker 5: Oh, not so strange.
Speaker 8: And uh, I guess a lot less money than boy George got forty years ago. I wanted to give a shout out while we have the time here.
Speaker 6: It just looks like a bald guy with some facial you have it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the picture please the boy George. Yeah, the Google boy George without makeup? About makeup? They never thought we'd be doing this today.
Speaker 5: Did I. I'm sure it takes a lot of.
Speaker 1: Time to Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 4: Oh he looks like a little faster or something.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the old flavor saver we have to look out for.
Speaker 1: He's got some tats. Nowadays, he's got a couple of tats on the side of his face, a peace sign and a cross and.
Speaker 8: Stuff and what rhymes with tats cats very quickly. Big time supporter of the show. Listener to the show, Sam Songbird. She has a cat and this cat is has no eyes and her name is Lucia.
Speaker 5: Get it because you can't see anything.
Speaker 8: Sam comes to karaoke, has been for years, and I got introduced to Lucia, who is really cool and is in a carriage and is now in second place for America's Favorite Cat. Oh wow, America's Favorite Pet dot com. And I think today may be the last day to vote.
Speaker 5: So this is my call out.
Speaker 8: Give some support because she just put in the care for this cat, save the cat from getting euthanized, and didn't.
Speaker 1: Win America's Favorite Pet.
Speaker 8: You get the juice, Yeah, pretty much. If you don't vote, the cat dies.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: No, I'm saying Sam adopted the cat and has given the cat great care, put the cat in this contest and now in second place with like I mean, tens of thousands of other contestants. So great to America's Favorite Pet dot Look for Lucia.
Speaker 1: You can't miss.
Speaker 8: It's the cat without eyes and it maybe they could be in the cover of a modern cat and ten thousand buck rows or more cat care. So shout out to Lucia. I hope you win.
Speaker 5: Maybe though, maybe they'll give the cats some eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you could do that.
Speaker 5: But it would be nice there sound shot for sure.
Speaker 8: Now let's go to someone with eyes and ears, and I feel like mostly eyes. We all agreed that Kid Rock was lip syncing during the the TP halftime All American Show.
Speaker 1: You have all of the damn clips of this I've seen. I never actually listened to him sing other than like one second or two.
Speaker 8: So I all means, let's play it and maybe have a reassurance of where we all stand with it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Kid Rock did sit down with lour Ingram on Fox News to respond to people saying that his halftime performance was lip sync. I'm also very curious to what he has to say because it seemed.
Speaker 1: Turning points halftime show thing.
Speaker 8: Skips forty seconds. It was him just doing the intro to.
Speaker 4: I don't know which one I'm supposed to.
Speaker 8: I just got a link to a shoh that was him talking to Laura Ingram.
Speaker 6: But I'll send you a link where he can find it.
Speaker 8: Laura asked about his song bab de Ba that appeared out of sync during the turning Point us A halftime show, and he said it was out of sync. Cool then explain, as DJ was filling in vocal parts off camera while he jumped around the stage.
Speaker 1: I think I think I have a clip of this. Let's see you.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not even singing it in the mic right now? Yeah, alright there, like Jesus, I mean, and there's like a sink issue, if there's a sink issue whatever, but maybe the sink issue is that he's lip syncing but it's not matching up at all, Like it's way off.
Speaker 8: He said the problem showed up even in rehearsal edits and blamed a difficult production process, not lip syncing. He also put up a video on Instagram with his DJ explaining the process.
Speaker 1: So he's saying it's like two seconds off, though it's like a lot off. He's saying he was not lip syncing.
Speaker 6: But the the which we were complaining about on Monday, the pre canned aspect of this, the editing of it, was what screwed him up.
Speaker 8: That it was out of sync, and that is DJ explained the process and it was him filling in the vocals. So that's I mean, a creative excuse, and take with what you will at this point, I don't know what else.
Speaker 5: We take his word for.
Speaker 6: It or we well, maybe don't lean on people who make your products suck.
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe there's a DJ available now for hire.
Speaker 1: Imagine if they really live then it might have been a real mess if they actually did that thing love drop up the boogie.
Speaker 8: And finally, this guy right here, Britt Britney Spears is right here.
Speaker 1: We go no no, and.
Speaker 8: She lets something go all right, And that was her massive catalog that has now been struck its in a new deal. Now we're getting rumors of how much exactly, but good god, if this is true. According to legal docs attained by you guess that TMZ, she just hold her ownership share of her catalog to Primary Wave. Now unclear how much she was paid, but sources are describing landmark deal ballpark of two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not surprising.
Speaker 5: She was managed by Cad Hudson Cade.
Speaker 1: Oh, I say, I did not know that piece of trivia.
Speaker 6: Kate really thought she made all that money from twenty seven dresses?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really, all right, fools.
Speaker 8: Gold put pen to paper to sell the music on December thirtieth, and we're just hearing about it now. She's happy with the sale and has been celebrating by spending time with her children. And if you're happy spending time watching the boobtube, here's the list for you. Olympic Winter Games, Ghost Sports, the Mass Singer on Fox, episode eight of Star Search on Netflix, second season of Cross, ten years, premiere of Love Is Blind, and you can catch Nick Kroll on Kimmel. Follow your dreams of me on Instagram at Sabrina and Brun most importantly, play with me Maric.
Speaker 1: Smoped every day. Thank you, Sabrina. I'm kind of amazed that Britney Spears is still doing like one hundred million dollars two hundred million dollar deals. I mean, in the state that she is, for playing that old music though all the stuff, you know, I'm not surprised that it's wor the money. I'm surprised that somebody's allowed to like sign contracts and deals in that state. But of course if they weren't, I guess they would be in a conservatorship and then nobody else is where That's where we started, That's where this whole thing started. But yeah, I'm I actually am surprised the it's not more than two hundred million she gots.
Speaker 6: Has anybody gotten granular on this idea of selling their music library where they're like, Okay, you can have some of the later stuff, but if you want Baby one more Time, if you want Toxic, hold those back. I have to pay a little more, you know, or somebody else is going to get those two tracks and just you know.
Speaker 1: What percentage of them it was, And like if she's holding onto any But I had heard a lot of stories about her running out of money, so a lot of stories about Britney spears just like burning through cash.
Speaker 8: Oh, I mean, she's always out of town doing the dances in front of camera, says you drive me crazy, Baby one more time, break the ice circus. Don't let me be the last to know every time, give me more if you seek prerogative. Oops, like the biggest bangers, I would say, is part of this deal. Yeah, that makes her part of the group of like Bieber, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Sting, Phil Collins that have all sold like eighty percent or more of their sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean she doesn't have like the biggest catalog overall, but of that catalog, a lot of songs I think are ones that people will go yep, I know that, Yep, I know that, yep. You know. I think they would recognize a lot of them. All Right, as we said to your feedback, will we come back? You're firing off emails. Keep those coming.
Speaker 4: Tips at the.
Speaker 1: Neewsjunkie dot com. Nancy Guthrie updates on the way the situation in Canada that is pretty shocking. Some of the reporting around this has been interesting. We'll get into all of that and more. It's coming up next in the News Chunkie. The goal with all of the content that I want to create is to try to bring more people into the funnel, get more people watching the show, get more people on the stream, get more people doing all of that stuff. And I think all this will help and you can take part in trying to make that successful if you follow along at the News Junkie on all social media platforms that you could think of, this one, that one, and I appreciate that. You can also follow Sabrina and Silane over on the news junkie dot com slash share for all of their social platforms if you like. I want to get into the Nancy Guthrie ransom updates, new notes, all of this stuff. But I can't believe I have to say this, but I think I do. I think I need to actually say this because there are a lot of quite dumb people out there. But for the folks who think that they can solve this crime using AI, I mean, I worry about the future of this country. I already worry about the future of this country. I got a lot of good reasons to worry about it. And what about I do I worry about it? No, in what way are they solving it using AI? Well, the way they're trying to solve it using AI is they're taking photos of the masked intruder on the security footage from Nancy Guthrie's house and saying at Grock, can you please remove the mask from this individual? Perfect well AI.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a joke for all of them.
Speaker 1: See, and I think there's some people who are like you can learn a little bit about the facial structure of this individual. People trying to colorize the pictures are doing the public a disservice in thinking that they can, you know, sleuth this out and kind of crowd source the answer to this whole missing person's case.
Speaker 8: But there's a sect of people that believe everything that they hear from AI.
Speaker 4: They believe everything they hear from the internet.
Speaker 5: And they rely on AI and they talked about like it's a real person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're saying, take this person's mask off, show me this person without the mask, and then they show the outcome and they go, look, this is who they need to be looking for. I know it. And just you know, AI can do a lot of things.
Speaker 4: It can't really do that.
Speaker 1: I took all the videos and photos yesterday and ran them through multiple artificial intelligence, So you're trying to do it too. Well.
Speaker 4: What I wanted to see.
Speaker 1: Is I said, can you take this person in these videos and tell me what type or brand of anything they're wearing, whether it's like the jacket or the you know.
Speaker 4: The mask or the gloves.
Speaker 1: And it like went through and it was like zooming in on this, cropping this to get a good look.
Speaker 4: There's something that looks like a.
Speaker 1: Logo here, but it's not, and it couldn't tell anything, which is goes again to my thoughts of this person is at least moderately professional in what they're doing. They didn't have a bunch of logos all over themselves. They didn't have a backpack with a bunch of logos on it. They didn't have, you know, a shirt or a jacket with a bunch of logos on it they were wearing. I'm pretty sure now I've been kind of one over on this argument that the gloves are those Is it night treat or night What are the black surgical gloves called latex?
Speaker 5: Latex?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no, look this up like black night try there's.
Speaker 5: Some name from as a brand name or the type of material.
Speaker 1: It's a type of glove that is my black trial, the trial trial. What is that? What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: I think it's just the material or be honest, it's like a plastic I don't know. Those gloves look fat to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right there on his wrist, not like fluff.
Speaker 1: I think there's something under it, but I think there's a rubber glove potentially over the top of that, maybe to obscure the size of this person in another way. But it's I'm pretty convinced that it is a night trial or whatever. Black glove over the top of whatever this person is wearing, and while what the person is wearing in the backpack and all those things are super important to try to track this lunatic down.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna get AI.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Seem like to put a bag over his head and say, AI, reveal what I look like without this bag on my head. The smartest thing in the world could do that.
Speaker 5: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. It doesn't work. You can't do that. You don't have any real info to work with.
Speaker 5: I have a ski mask at oh. I wish it would have brought it.
Speaker 1: If you put a ski mask on and then say, hey, AI, what is this person looking without a scheme mask? And it ain't gonna get you if you're covered as much as this person was. A lot of people are fighting, especially I've seen in the comments, people are fighting over whether this is even a man or a woman. For God's sake, so you know, AI is not going to fill in a lot of the void on this. But people think they can solve this with AI. Fox was talking about this.
Speaker 10: Multiple people of interest that you're interviewing and talking to, which they may have and they're just not telling the public. Again, you want the abductors to let their guard.
Speaker 5: Down so you can find Nancy.
Speaker 1: Sure, they can start.
Speaker 10: Using AI to match up the eyes. So we have that eyebrows that you could use AI to ask questions about what are the probabilities that these faces actually could be a good match, What are the probabilities that this person is wearing layers of clothing and they're not this bulky, What are the probabilities that they're taller than they seem to be, and what do they weigh? So there's a lot of things that AI can be doing today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I disagree on this one as much as I possibly could. I think the use of AI in a case like this, it's not going to do much of anything. You're gonna get a bunch of answers good, yeah it is, And you're gonna get a bunch of answers that are entirely confident because of the large language model used to spit it out, and then you'll go, oh, yeah, no, it's just three layers and it's this one. It's this divide. Yeah, I think all of this is a fever dream where we pretend like we know more than we do what's happening.
Speaker 8: FBI didn't do this, not with AI necessarily, but go through some sort of database.
Speaker 5: I don't that compares.
Speaker 1: The FBI went to Google. That's where they got the most relevant information so far. I don't know if they've been using AI. Maybe I have like A They probably have their own AI, right, they got the Pallenteer stuff. They're putting it in a Pallenteer more than they're putting it into any kind of chat GPT crap like this.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna.
Speaker 6: Say I think that there's an AI that solves this crime. It's not going to be something that the average X user can get for free.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's gonna be a little bit out of that pay grade, I would think. So, Yeah, that's one of the updates. People think they can solve the case using like rock and chat GPT. Good luck on that one. Here's what happened yesterday. This was the big, big, big news in the Nancy Guthrie missing person's case. There was somebody who is apprehended. There was somebody. They were like an hour plus away. So that's like keep envisioning this area in your head. This all happened near Tucson, Arizona, where Nancy Guthrie lives. Savannah Guthrie, the Today's Show host, is missing her mother, Nancy Guthrie. This is eleven days that she's been missing. Yesterday, they were going door to door in Annie Guthrie, Savannah's older sister, in her neighborhood, which is about ten minutes or four miles away from Nancy Guthrie's house where she went missing from. So they were searching going door to door with the FBI in that neighborhood. Today, they're doing the same thing going door to door effect. I think I can bring this up here, going door to door in Nancy Guthrie's neighborhood and they're asking every single person about stuff and asking if they can search in their backyards. Can we look around, you know, can we check this stuff out. They're very, very concerned with does.
Speaker 6: It ever find anything from that search of the septic tank, because the news was very transfixed on that one shot we saw of the dude stirring around the poop.
Speaker 1: God, they didn't say if they did find something in there, they did not.
Speaker 5: I feel like they would have, but that sucks for that one guy who had two.
Speaker 1: Gross I know what they did find in there, Yeah, a lot of that.
Speaker 4: And here they are wandering around this time.
Speaker 1: This is Nancy's neighborhood where she was abducted from police believe, where the security footage shows this mystery person showing up and they're looking around in the in the grass and the bushes, kind of scamming the neighborhood, going door to door and asking people questions. Do we think it's too late to get dogs on this? They had been dogs yesterday, they had them out there. They heard a scent. Only lasts so long, right, I would think you'd be right, But they definitely had. I heard dogs barking in a lot of the footage of the FBI going door to door. But then they detained. This person was detained about an hour away south of Tucson, Arizona, close to the border with Mexico, and the early report from the sheriff said earlier today, Pema County Sheriff's Department deputies detat a subject during a traffic stop south of Tucson. The suspect is currently being questioned in connection to the Nancy Guthrie investigation. Additional information will be released as it becomes available. So to be clear, this is the Pima County Sheriff's Department, not the FBI. They detained somebody during a traffic stop south of Tucson, Arizona. They said they were questioning this person and the Nancy Guthrie investigation.
Speaker 4: They also said they got.
Speaker 1: A judge issued warrant, which is no small feat. They got a warrant from a judge signed to go to this person's house, so that leads to a lot of questions. But after the cops were in there and searching, the guy's mother in law came out and talked to CNN.
Speaker 4: So let's listen to her shit.
Speaker 1: Yea, they.
Speaker 13: Gave a tip that the lady was in my house. I don't know her name.
Speaker 1: Nancy, thanks that we don't know. We don't know it at all. She said, the police got a tip that she was in my house, in my house, I imagine. Yeah, that's a rough one. And no, she has not been really connected with the case. She says. She said, you heard about it, but she didn't click on the story that's a lot of your right.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about her.
Speaker 13: They only said that they gave a tip that she was in my house, and I told them, you can go in in such a health. There's nobody there. I have nothing to hide. There's nobody in my house. And I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, can't you get.
Speaker 5: Any remembers that might know. No, they're investigating my son in law.
Speaker 1: He does not have nothing to do with that either. Okay, they're not investigating her, she just cleared up. They're investigating her son in law. Her son in law and her son in law and her daughter were out doing door dash deliveries when they got pulled over because of this tip I gat and they brought them back to the house. They got a warrant from a judge. They searched the house, and the family's like, look, you guys are way off. You're way off.
Speaker 5: But man, that's very particular and quite the tip to go on.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about the tip. We don't know what this said. We don't know if this was like legit. A judge did sign off, so that must mean something. But this woman is like, no idea. I was, that's kind of I have nothing to do with it either.
Speaker 13: I don't know what's going what else to say, Yeah, just invading my property. I told him they're going in and now my house, taking it out of pictures and everything.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I told him, we're not hide anything. I give him permission.
Speaker 13: If Iro'm going to search and there's nothing in my house, you won't find anything, because wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have nothing to hide. Laws beautiful. The one that was, that's what I said out. That's my daughter's vehicle. So what is your what is your son's name? My daughter? Your daughter? Yeah, that's you live, it's her husband, it's your son in law. Yeah, that's the person in Rio Rico. Seat us up with Rio Rico distance to Mexico border, Rio Rico Arizona distance to the border in Mexico, because that's where they ended up finding this person, and they were bringing it up like, oh, maybe it was of note because they thought they would be able to shuffle her back and forth or something.
Speaker 5: Damn close. I don't know the mileage yet, but as far as the map goes.
Speaker 4: Very very close, we'll give me some mileage.
Speaker 1: If you can see land. Know what's the difference from distance from Rio Rico to the closest spot in Mexico. Weirdly enough, it's showing me the drive because it's right by the border, but the roads there brings nine hours away.
Speaker 5: Oh twelve miles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, that's incredible.
Speaker 8: If you want to drive using Google Maps, it's going to be six hundred nineteen miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's incredibly close. As the crow flies, not so much as the crow does not fly.
Speaker 4: I have the guy now. It's Carlos, all right.
Speaker 1: Carlos is the guy that the sheriff said they got a tip on. They went into his house. They stopped him while he was outdoor. At they thought that the Nancy Guthrie lady was there. There were even rumors at the time that a helicopter had left the scene with an eighty four year old woman and was heading to the hospital. And everybody was celebrating online or they found Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 4: She's alive.
Speaker 1: And this guy afterwards is now talking to the media. This was the person they were questioning, and it was a suspect here. Yeah, I was come. He went into Spanish. Okay, he said, they held me against my will. They didn't even read me my rights for two hours and I didn't expect that. In the middle of he said, let me clarify, he said, or let me let me restate. He said, my wrist is effing swollen. He's is very upset and I got to get you.
Speaker 8: Said something like, what do you expect me to do? They didn't read me my rights and a something along the lines of like they grabbed me out of know where.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find one of these from a broadcast, so it'll be censored. We'll have to maybe look at more of this. But he's saying he has no idea why he was detained, he has not heard of Nancy Guthrie and helps the police find the actual culprit. I have no idea what he said at the very beginning of it, but he was saying that he has no idea who this person is or what's going on. Actually, let me beat with this. All the cameras go up to him, including a Telemundo camera, and the microphones are being pushing into his face, and there's so many people surrounding this guy. He's like pushing the cameras back. He's talking he's like, I had nothing to do with this. Now, the Telemundo microphone here in a second sneaks up into the picture, into his face.
Speaker 5: And he's like, oh, get back.
Speaker 1: What are you doing man?
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm gonna vibe from him and his mother in law that they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: That it's surprised. If not, they're great actors.
Speaker 1: They're saying they don't know what's happening. So this could be the sheriff's office just bumbling through things again and getting a stupid tip and coming up with nothing, a waste of time. Maybe maybe, I mean from what they're saying, they have no idea why they were looking in this case. The guy has been released, he's not charged with anything. But that was the latest twist last last night, and people thought, oh, this is it. This is it. They're solving the case. I don't know if they used any AI, but they did. This is the reason why I won't just dismiss it immediately until I see more info about it, because they did get a judicial warrant to search these people's house, so that must mean the tip that was coming in was significant enough and had enough details that a judge somewhere said, yes, this warrants additional search on these people's home and let them inside to go search on. That's what they were doing there.
Speaker 5: That public information. Can you see that the warrant.
Speaker 1: I mean it'll be public at some point in time, but I don't know public now. You just know that the judge granted one for them to be able to look through this. It could be more bumbling stuff. It could be that there was a tip here that just didn't pan out. Like everything else in this story, it's all a big mystery. All right. We got more on the way. Jury duty is on the way, a shocker in Canada. When we come back, and I meant to get it in here, we will get the details in on all your feedback that's coming in so far, that is coming up next in the news junk key. We'll get into this story happening out of Canada here in just a moment. That's grabbing a lot of headlines today. But I promise some feedback, so let's do. Let's see what you have on your mind today. A couple of things coming in. Let's start with this, by the way, Kat, buttole thank you for the Gifted Secret Show subscription. I appreciate that. Jeff emails tips to the news junki dot com. He says, look at the eyebrows in the video. They seem very well groomed. Guys in my generation don't do that. Could it be a woman? Says Jeff. There's so many people that think the person in this security footage is a woman.
Speaker 4: In the Nancy Guthrie case, we.
Speaker 5: Ad shame men with groomed eyebrows before.
Speaker 4: Come on, I don't think it's a woman.
Speaker 1: I'm just going from like the body shape and the movement in the gate on the person.
Speaker 4: It looks like a man to me pretty clearly.
Speaker 6: I did see a post that it was like, man, if they catch this guy and he or he's just watching the news or looking at Twitter and seeing the number of people who think he's a woman because of his eyebrow, I was like, this.
Speaker 1: Is going to be well. I mean, because there was another.
Speaker 4: It's like, he's gonna come out and be like, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Man who got That's how we got him to.
Speaker 4: Come out of this hole a great trick.
Speaker 6: But there was the case of the pipe bomber right that we talked about and there was some What was the outlet that came out, was it Salon or something? What was the outlet that came out and said, we definitely think it's this person.
Speaker 1: This woman.
Speaker 4: Oh that was the blaze.
Speaker 1: The blaze, Yes, the blaze, and they said the person's name.
Speaker 6: They posted her picture, all kinds.
Speaker 1: Of stuff, like we compared the footage and the walk in the gate of this person. Is this much of a match with the mystery pipe bomber in Washington, DC or something? Yeah?
Speaker 6: That was crazy, And didn't we find out that the pipe bomber in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: The person that they took in a custody for that was a man. The person was a man that was eventually charged and arrested for that. They have not been convicted yet. I don't know how long that that case will drag out for it wasn't out.
Speaker 4: If she didn't, she's crazy. Oh immediately, you've got.
Speaker 1: A case, ma'am. Mike emails the show and he says, as much as Florida plunder and loot, FP and L can be blamed for power costs. We're talking about after the spike of winter weather, people are now getting their electric bills or power bills and seeing that some of them as expensive as a thousand dollars because using electric heat is expensive. This person says, there's a regulatory body that's supposed to keep costs down and insure quality service. It's the Florida Public Service Commission. Any rate increases must be approved by this commission. Unfortunately, a lot of times the members of this group are previous employees of FP and L deliberately so, so the rate increases are basically a rubber stamp and approved instead of denying them or negotiating for less increases. That how it always works. Now.
Speaker 6: So I heard somebody argue differently, Not to say that this person is incorrect, but I heard somebody argue that because there are regulatory bodies that keep the prices at a certain level, if we went into a free market electricity situation, it would cost more.
Speaker 1: All I know is if we were able to, like if there was people advertising Christopher Laane Power or Sabrina Power or get Shawn Power or the way, there are a lot of people who might have their own power companies. If they were all competing, you have at least some deals going on. I would think, Hi, I'm Sean white. Yeah, you might want to rename it. Mickey emails the show to tips to the news Junker dot com. Mickey says, Sean, your argument is good about how kids need to stay in school, but you don't like sports, so you don't understand how it is when your team wins.
Speaker 4: Something, you want to go and celebrate it.
Speaker 1: You want to be part of that experience because you never know if it's truly going to happen.
Speaker 4: Again, well, what's going to happen to the team?
Speaker 1: You feel like rooting and cheering for them and celebrating to help them win. I don't disagree with you, but that's a thing that adults get to do, because when you're an adult you can do things like that. We all have to go through school, and it is one of those things that you should be forced to do. You should be forced to go through schooling. You should be not Not educating your children is one of the worst forms of abuse you can impart on a child. Leaving a kid dumb for their entire lives to a place where they can never catch up is one of the worst forms of abuse. We should educate the kids first when they're adults, then they can go to the Super Bowl party, that's just taking Would you have been opposed to the idea that they say, all right, if you have a certain GPA you can have an absence for the day and go to No Why no, No. I think if students have high GPAs, they should be rewarded in all sorts of ways like that. I think having kids strive for stuff and making.
Speaker 5: It cool earning it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this might seem really really dumb, but I don't think it is. When I was a kid, there was one period in my life more than ever, that I wanted to do good in school, and it has stuck with me for my entire life. It wasn't book it Sealane. It wasn't that period of time. It was when they were picking the patrols, and to be a patrol on the school campus you had to have very good grades. If you were a patrol, then you could go to Washington, d C. On the trip that all the kids got to do, and they had other things that they were able to do too, And I wanted to be a patrol so bad. I actually, for the first time in all of schooling, which I largely found boring, I tried and I started like Okay, if I get it the grades right, and then I got my grades up and I still didn't get to be a bit did you get to be? I don't know. I took too long to bring my grades up or something, and they didn't want to do it. But it made it kind of cool to get good grades. And if there are benefits along with it, including extra days off, I'm totally fine with that those kids. If you look at the kids in school who have the best GPAs in the best grades, I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but it's just true. They are less likely to cause societal problems. They're less likely to go to prison, They're less likely to kill you, they're less likely to give your grand grandma a ransom letter, you know what I mean. They are less likely to do all of this stuff. So I want the kids striving for that. I want them to be smart. It's everything. Amber says. I turned the light on at night when I'm going to the bathroom. Ever since I found a snake in my bathroom. Oh, talking about this earlier, the snake I saw in broad daylight, but my nighttime brain always thinks there's another one. Eeke, she says, many people chiming in on this. Somebody says, six dollars, get this, it's a toilet night light.
Speaker 4: It'll change the.
Speaker 1: Game for you. What I have will This is not a disco ball version. It's just like some sort of like this one's I got different color lights. I guess that you could change and when you walk into the bathroom lights up.
Speaker 6: I think, if we're going this route, we need to find like a light that filters out the blue light, you know, like they do for like night moode on your phone. Yeah, what is the blue light to So have you ever you never used night mode on your phone? No, if you go into like your brightness settings, you have to make this green brighter to night shift is what it's called. A night shift takes all like a lot of the blue spectrum off of your screen. And it's because they say that that blue spectrum keeps you awake. And so like when I get into bed, I turn on my shift. You know, everything gets a little yellower on the phone. And then I play a couple rounds of Soldier and half the time the last round I just you.
Speaker 5: Know, you don't get to see the cards.
Speaker 1: Solitaire is when he cries while he's playing it. He's very upset, isn't the shuffling of the cards is for him? I think that's cool, but does that actually work? Is it? Like?
Speaker 6: I mean, there's enough. I mean they have it as a feature on the phone, so I think enough research has been put into it that this blue light thing is for real. So I would want, you know, if that's something that that kind of bothers you, or you're worried about waking up too much, I would want a light that has those pieces of the spectrum filtered out.
Speaker 4: Tips of the news Jokie dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Larson saying, what up Sean pretty interesting to see this image. Color Eyes have a fantastic show and it's the person going to Nancy Guthrie's door.
Speaker 4: Color Eyes. This is part of the problem though.
Speaker 1: They turned this into like a brown leather glove, and I definitely do not think that's the color that it is.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I was all guessing. I will say it is a lot of guessing. And that's what I don't like about the colorized thing. I think the colorizing is by and large, even if you research colorizing, like the way they do it with AI is kind of based on what it thinks. You know, the colors are supposed to be. The way they did it historically was they would you know, if the colorize a black and white film or old war footage, they would look up and do research on and go to museums and just find the colors of the things that were in the films. You know, if you have an old World War One movie that you want to colorize, you go to museums and you look at old World War One uniforms. There's not some magic bars that just yes it is, and it's a lot of painstaking work. It's not just some magic box the day.
Speaker 5: Don't you think that information would be in the the code?
Speaker 8: Is there not something with that technology that is putting it into its night mode or ir that could you give you any information of color?
Speaker 1: But I think what Ceilia's saying is historically you can do some stuff. If there was a particular type of fighter plane that was used in a war, you can look at that fighter plane and see what colors it was, and you'll know what kind of paint they used on it and stuff. Then you know that was the color it was supposed to be in this painting but because we don't know what this person was wearing and it was all black and white, other than AI going well, that's grass and the grass should be green. These are educated guesses. Yeah, I think sometimes you're going to end up in a worse spot than you were in.
Speaker 6: I wonder, I just had a whole, like big thing of plants in my backyard that died during the freeze. But they were dark purple, you know, and then it was they were very low to the ground, and we always I don't know if it.
Speaker 1: Was I don't know if it was or something like that.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 6: But I wonder, like if I would have taken a black and white photo of them and ran them through some AI, would I get different results? Or is the AI just identifying the plant in black and white and goes that's a wondering Jew.
Speaker 1: Those Jews are purple.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bring in my ski mask tomorrow. Let's take protest.
Speaker 1: Try it. Do bring your scheme maskt see you if it gets anywhere close to you, Like, do you have one that hides as much as the one that the gut three person used?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just shows my eyes. You know, it'll work well.
Speaker 6: Ski mask, you know, a sche mask is not going to show a whole lot of contour just because of the virtue of what it's supposed to do for you that needs to be prodded.
Speaker 1: Bring it in tomorrow. We'll run that through the paces and see what we can come up with. All right, quick break. When we come back, somebody is asking about the crazy story about the airspace all flights and stuff being shut down over l Paso.
Speaker 4: The reason why it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of unbelievable and a little, actually a lot embarrassing if and I'll go into that story, we'll finally get to the shooting in Canada in jury duty, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. More of your feedback incoming, of course. But I said I would address this to airport shutdown thing, which is crazy and honestly, if this report is true, kind of embarrassing. I'm just gonna be real with you. But let's see, let's dive in right now, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 11: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode the wit law firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred CALLMO eight hundred Calmo, or go to justcallmo dot com. Accident, you pick up the phone, you dial MO, and you go against the insurance companies on the other end of That is the success you've been looking for to be, you know, beating back the insurance companies that take your money every single day, but then get real stingy after you're injured in an accident. You deserve better. Eight hundred CALLMO, eight hundred CALLMO. We'll go to escalmo dot com. Okay, a couple of things. First, there was an airport shut down and it was El Paso, I believe in the area of L Paso. The airport was shut down and they said it was going to be shut down for ten days. I think I have some of the air traffic when they were talking about it in L Paso, Texas. All flights were grounded, including commercial front flights, cargo flights, general aviation, no exemptions for metavacs. That's crazy. Okay, they closed the airspace for ten days and they reversed this. But I'll explain what happened. The airport and pilots were given little to no notice, and it's unclear exactly what's being planned. Air traffic control recordings show how caught off guard pilots and controllers were. Let's listen in These are the pilots being told that the El Paso, Texas air was being shut down for like ten days. Now, are you guys.
Speaker 2: Supposed to play out?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? What was that?
Speaker 2: So software? Now, are you guys departing again tonight or is this final flighting of the hotel Veder? Just be advised. I guess there's a TFR going into effect. TFR just passed it on to the Southwest and everybody else at zero six thirty for the next ten days, we're we're stopped all groundstop.
Speaker 1: Okay, ground stop zero six thirty for how long?
Speaker 2: Ten days?
Speaker 1: Ten days?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 2: Apparently we just got informed about thirty minutes to an hour ago.
Speaker 1: So for ten days, you guys are not open.
Speaker 8: It's strange that they they shut it down out of nowhere and then ten days already stamped onto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they shut it down.
Speaker 1: Actually, I got into the reason why this happened, and I'll give you the info just second here. But the guy's like dumbfounded. You can hear it, right, and his voice.
Speaker 8: He's like, mind you're taking off at the same time he's landed.
Speaker 1: He just landed. He said he's going to going to the hotel. But now he from this information, is like, well, I guess I'm stuck in El Paso for a while. The airport's closed for ten days, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Apparently we just got informed about thirty minutes to an hour ago.
Speaker 1: So for ten days, you guys are not open.
Speaker 2: Well, mae, we'll be here, but no air traffic.
Speaker 1: Okay, parmaslogic heavy.
Speaker 2: It just as a security alert tfar is going to effect that zero six thirty is all we're aware of. Yeah, it just goes into effect that there's six thirty two the twenty first, a zero six.
Speaker 1: Thirty twenty first. Ten days, they were shunting out all the air traffic, including the like metavacs, people who needed emergency transportation to hospitals and stuff that seems rare at that point. Oh yeah, yeah. So anyways, so they the government says, the FED say, we're doing this because the cartels are launching drones. The cartels are launching drones. And they're they're flying them over El Paso. And then the FED said that they use This is I'm gonna sound crazy, this is true. The FED said, we used lasers to blast the drones out of the sky and we destroyed the cartel drones that were the reason we shut down all the air traffic for ten days at this airport. They were hopefully damn sure there were cartel drones. Hang on, hang tight here, somebody. They used a massive laser. They blew up these these cartel drones that they were worried about. And they had shut the airport down for ten days. Then just like they shut it down, they said, never mind, we're opening the airport back up. L Passo Airport is back open. We're good to go. Now. This story from CBS News, this is embarrassing if true. I don't know if this is fully confirmed, but this is what they said. The unexpected but brief airspace closure in the Texas border city of El Paso stemmed from disagreements between the Federal Aviation Administration and Pentagon officials over drone related tests. Multiple sources close to the matter told CBS the Pentagon had undertaken extensive planning on the use of military technology near Fort Bliss, a military base that abuts the El Paso International Airport. They were practicing taking down drones. Two sources identified the technology as a high energy laser cool Meetings were scheduled over the safety impacts, but Pentagon officials wanted to test the technology sooner, and they said the US Code one thirty I requirements governed the protection of certain facilities from unmanned aircraft, and they said that they had been met. FAA Administrator Brian Bedford on Tuesday night decided to close the airspace without alerting the White House, Pentagon, or Homeland Security. So the guy in charge of the FA FAA said, we're shutting this down without talking to the White House, the Pentagon, or Homeland Security. He said, we're shutting it down for ten days. Imagine that's what he did. The guy who's the head of the FAA, he closed it down. Bedford told officials the airspace restrictions would be in place to ensure safety until issues with the Department of War could be resolved. So the FAA is fighting with the Pentagon. The Pentagon goes, we need to test these things. The FAA goes, you can test those things. The Pentagon goes, yes, we can test these things. The FAA goes, okay, we're shutting down this entire airport for ten days and blaming the cartail, and well that I'll get to that part. I know this is a lot to digest here, but the FAA has declined to comment on this. The critical bulletin issued to pilots and airlines not the fly below eighteen thousand feet was initially set for ten days, a duration for a full grounding not used since the nine to eleven terror attacks.
Speaker 4: So the FAA did.
Speaker 1: Not like what the Pentagon was doing, so they went against the White House and the Pentagon and shut this airport down and then they solve this thing. Here's what started all of this. The Mexican cartels have been running drones on the border lately, sources said, and the US military has been blasting them out.
Speaker 4: Of the sky with these lasers that they have.
Speaker 1: Now one of the things that they thought was a drone that they blasted with one of these military lasers, they said was a party balloon that had somehow floated away and got up to the altitude that they thought it was a drone. They can't tell if they took the mega laser and pointed it directly at the target and blasted this party balloon completely and totally into smithereens I did it was.
Speaker 6: A party balloon.
Speaker 1: If it was in Smiths, that must have recovered something. That's an excellent question. Actually they said they use Can we ask President Trump what the name of the mega laser is because I like when he named stuff like the discombobulator, the discombobulator, which definitely I mean is that that couldn't have been true? Right? Uh? Yeah? This this says you with US Military's Fox News. US military shutdown party balloon near l Passo after drone's suspicion. The misidentification led to the shutdown of airspace around here. The Pentagon has been testing out new counter drone technology. They shot down what they thought was a foreign drone, but one was identified as a balloon my birthday. It's crazy that they have these lasers to begin with, Just absolutely crazy.
Speaker 5: Those lasers can't identify a drone versus balloon. If we need to go back to the drawing board.
Speaker 1: We this is not new. We had weather balloons flying over the United States of America. Can we miss when we were we were shooting them down with like Tomahawk missiles at some point in time, right, true.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean that's interesting.
Speaker 1: That seems strange, but that's I guess what happened in the FAA leader, in a hasty move to go against the White House in the War Department, said let's just shut this whole thing down for ten days.
Speaker 4: Now it's back up here.
Speaker 5: Tagon actually just released what the name of it was.
Speaker 8: What's technology is an essence a sophisticated keep beam, which we called a laser.
Speaker 4: Just the laser, Just the laser.
Speaker 1: I would have thought they had something more super laser. Doctor Evil would have come up with a discombobulator though in his lexicon. All right, I got to get to the Canada story. I haven't gone to this yet. It's not like it's fun or anything, but it is a big story today about the shooting in Canada.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about that just a bit.
Speaker 1: Then a new technology that they analyzed the.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl with.
Speaker 1: I've never heard this before, but we'll investigate to see what the hell was going on here, and more updates along the way on all the stories we've been following closely that's coming up in the final hour the show The Power Hours coming up next on the News Junkie before we move any further, I teased this yesterday and wasn't able to circle back and get to the details. But we had the breaking news not a long ago, a little over a week ago on the show, that Catherine O'Hara had died, the actress from Home Alone and Best in Show and Ship's Creek and Ima. You could go on for a while on the legendary stuff that Catherine O'Hara did. I saw some tributes that really I absolutely loved. One of the events. There was a dog competition that has happened since that sins right or one of them. Yeah, it was one of the biggest ones, and it was like a tribute to Catherine O'Hara for you know, the type of dog that she had in the in the movie Best in Show.
Speaker 5: Movie twice already since you're passing.
Speaker 4: She's she was so great in that.
Speaker 1: That is that is a very very much like as close to a perfect movie as you can get. Home Alone is as close to a perfect movie as you can get. Uh. The idea that any one human being was in two of those is unbelievable to me. There are a lot of great movies out there. I mean, there are a lot of great movies, but only very few actors and actresses are in legendary movies that stand the test of time, and so few of them aren't as many as Katherin Rhara was.
Speaker 6: We rewatched a lot of Ship's Creek, you know, the weekend that we found out she passed, and just we're still like out loud laughing.
Speaker 1: That's so good at some of the stuff.
Speaker 5: She's been doing this for years.
Speaker 8: Like there was footage coming out of STV out.
Speaker 1: Of Canada Second City Television.
Speaker 5: And it was her, and now it's gone.
Speaker 8: Eugene Levy yep, from so long ago, that's how And I couldn't find even if I tried very hard.
Speaker 5: One bad thing that was said about Catherine are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best people at doing this sort of stuff are the people who surge in the world of improv, and I mean really understand improv. The groundling, Second City, all of these different groups that have popped up over the years are home to some of the most talented people and Catherine A. Heron was one of them. And now they released her cause of death. They said, the home alone star died from a pulmonary embolism, with cancer as the underlying cause. A Los Angeles County death certificate issued on Monday lists the pulmonary embolism, which occurs when a blood clot blocks an artery in the lungs, as the immediate cause of her death. A pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that blocks and stops blood flow to an artery in the lungs, and in most cases the blood clot starts in a deep vein in the leg and travels to the lung. Rarely, the clot forms in a vein and another part of the body. When a blood clot forms in one or more of the deep veins in the body, it's called deep vein thrombosis, which you might have heard of before. This is why if your feet get red ooh boy, if you have if you take your shoes off and your feet are like perma red, go to the doctor immediately. That's one of those signs that they tell you go to the doctor immediately, because if you have any kind of blood clotting in your legs, it could be something big like this, and that's.
Speaker 8: Some symptoms like a heart attack or they could confused for like heartburn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even more terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's you know, it's scary, and she she seems fine. She seen before that leave despite her getting up there a little in age like she was totally doing all right. But there you go. All right, let's see what else do we have here. I'll get in some more feedback in a moment. Oh, I wanted to talk about the shooting in Canada, which there's a couple of weird things about this. One is the clip that's going around with the local law enforcement in British Columbia referring to the shooter as a gun person, which I've not heard before, although it's a very short clip, so maybe there's more context afterwards.
Speaker 4: The clip that's going viral is seven seconds.
Speaker 1: But here's the cop the deceased gun person, okay, and then he said that includes the deceased gun person. That includes the deceased gun person, which is like strange language to use in this The person has been also a strange.
Speaker 6: I guess, just maybe for us because we don't see a lot of the these kind of videos from Canada. Yeah, him looking like he's sitting on a throne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's not a throne. It's like a flag behind it. But he just looks like kind of it's very Game of Thrones. It looks like Game of Thrones Canada edition with maple leaves on the side.
Speaker 5: Person like if his chair was a little bit higher, the crowd would be honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, this this was pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Here's some of the details.
Speaker 1: High school students barricaded in classroom doors or barricade classroom doors with tables and chairs for at least two hours while a shooter just described as a gun person in address left nine dead and twenty five injured during Canada's deadliest school shooting in nearly forty years. Darien Quiss, a twelfth grader, was in his mechanics class Tuesday afternoon when tumblr Ridge Secondary School students were plunged into lockdown for a while at ending anything was going on. I thought it was maybe just a secure and hold, but we knew something had gone wrong. I think they said the numbers of dead were around like nine or ten people, twenty five injured. The shooter has been identified. I'm not going to say their name. It's a biological mail, but a transgender individual that targeted this school in Canada and shot this place up. That makes I think there's a lot of things that are on the fringes of this. But that would be like the third transgender school shooter in North America. And is that why he's a gun person?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I know that they've now identified the shooter and I don't want to spread the name out there because I think this is like one of the worst things we do as a society.
Speaker 4: But that was in response to a question.
Speaker 1: It may be that it's a Canadian thing and there they don't say gunmen.
Speaker 4: There's something let's do that.
Speaker 1: Let's say, let's take the trans trans thing out of it, say it was a biologically female shooter. Would we say gun women? No? They really the article the early articles just literally said woman. I said a woman entered the school and started a woman in a dress.
Speaker 4: It said in a lot of these articles.
Speaker 1: You can look them up if you want to.
Speaker 8: But the art how many years since they had something got violent habit in Canada?
Speaker 1: You know, the worst than forty years in Canada? They said they are investigating everything that happened here and trying to figure out where it went wrong. I also had some footage allegedly of the shooter. I don't I think this is accurate. It's hard to say. But the person who's at some sort of shooting range with a weapon here that they're identifying as the shooter is wearing a shirt. I'll have to see if this is actually connected or not. But this is going viral now in connection with the story. The shirt and it's like Massacre Tour. I think it says World Massacre Tour, and I think it's like a I've seen these before. I think I might be wrong about this. I think they're anti gun shirts. I think they're anti gun shirts that people wear for the AK forty seven and it's like the World Massacre Tour. Hey, this gun has killed people in the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Gola Lao and and on and on, and then I think sometimes people might wear it like ironically or something that yeah, there's a gun on the person's shirt and it says World Massacre Tour that is alleged to be related to the same person.
Speaker 6: Either reason to wear it is a weird one to be at a shooting range shooting yeaheah, Yeah, if you're wearing it in your anti gun and you're at a shooting range. Questions if you're wearing it and your pro gun also, questions may celebrating the massacre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe the most questions if you're pro gun and wearing it. But so many times you'll find the overlap of mental illness and these people who just get obsessed with all these other shooting stories in the past that fuels this weird sect of humanity that most of us want to ignore or pretend it is not there. There are people, and and so often I encounter the most normal reaction in the world, which is when I get from Courtney constantly and should be like, I just don't understand why anybody would do that. I don't understand why a person would do that. And I get it, you know, I get it. But there are a lot of people who just are filled with hate and they are out there to cause chaos, and they're mentally ill individuals, and they just don't view the world through the same lens that you or I do, or like.
Speaker 8: We do, Like there's just it's no second breath, no second guess at all. I don't think that even when it's happening. It's really being registered. The damage that it is being done lifetime damage.
Speaker 1: But I think a lot of times the people who are doing it do recognize that, but they they don't care. They don't They literally hate people, they hate everyone. You know, the the tour shirt ends and to be continued.
Speaker 5: What companies an't that?
Speaker 1: Huh? Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 6: All the ones I could see you say vintage, like, this is a vintage shirt. What's vintage about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean it's very disturbing. So that was the latest of these types of stories. This one in Canada. This one another transgender people. There was two of them. One was in Nashville and the other one might have been in Minnesota, but don't quote me on that. I think both of those were transgender shooters who targeted religious schools. And then this person is also now in the mix of those folks from the last couple of years alone. Transgender people, of course, take up a very small, small, small percentage of the public, so to see them involved in mass shootings and numbers where you start to take notice is a little bit strange. This is the other thing I was talking about. Let's see find out what Samba TV actually is, and how they're getting this data because this has been going viral in the wake of the Super Bowl and all that, and Samba TV not not like the analytics company. But how do they get their data is what I'm interested in. How did they get there? Because Samba TV says minute by minute viewership data from the Super Bowl Super Bowl sixty reveals interesting audience behavior as the Seattle Seahawks beat the New England Patriots in a dominating manner, contributing to what people described as an unexciting game. Yeah, I think you could say that was boring was the word I heard and I used all they said. Overall viewership peaked at the end of the second quarter, with many fans probably hoping the game would eventually get more competitive halftime hesitation, they said, viewership dipped to eighty eight percent when Bad Bunny took the stage, with some viewers stepping away during the performance. Some of those going to the turning points thing, some of them going to the bathroom. Right, that's that's actually one of the biggest lies. One of the big draws during halftime is actually go to the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, real quick, though, you don't turn the TV off to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, but I don't. How are they That's what I'm saying. How are they getting their data?
Speaker 5: I think they're going to send it to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me a second, says Tail of two City. Seattle viewership searched to ninety six percent at the end of the third quarter. So in Seattle, they're like, they're excited, they're tuning. In Boston peaked during the first half, declining as the Patriots fell behind, Viewers tune in for the drama, which this was your Super Bowl with somewhat lacking fans stay viewing and rooting for their team.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean that all kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: You got your Luki lose and they showed the official start of the game. Audience peaked right before halftime, and then, according to their data, dropped a bit during halftime and then went back up in the third quarter and then off a cliff in the fourth quarter, down to like fifty percent audience by the time the game was over, and that was it. Uh, let me see, hang on, Seilant, let me just see. Okay, this is a How is TV viewership measured? According to Samba, It says omni screen holistic measurement. That sounds interesting.
Speaker 6: Holistic doesn't make it sound like.
Speaker 1: Just look at your run See how is TV viewership measured first party data? Sambas uses ACR only data for measurement panels. They capture all content such as streaming. Unlike set top box data powered panels, they power omnie screen management. I solt of know, like, what are they doing? Is this embedded into televisions?
Speaker 6: I think you can either voluntarily put it on your television or or maybe it's embedded into some of them. Maybe they do have a set top box ACRS Automated Content recognition. It identifies content including shows, movies, and ads viewed on smart TVs and connect the devices by capturing fingerprints of content in real time.
Speaker 1: And a lot of your.
Speaker 6: Smart TVs that's one of the things that you kind of give up by getting a cheap price on the smart TV, like a lot. I watched it watched a video recently where somebody was showing how to opt out of everything on your Google embedded television, your Google TV, So it's not sending like fingerprints back to UH to track your stuff.
Speaker 1: And maybe match you up with some advertising data. Something like that. So so you're you're talking about how if you get a TV, Like let's say you go and the cheapest Amazon TV you find is a big one, but it's like a couple hundred bucks. People don't realize, but it's got this software. Sometimes this company is paying a little bit per TV.
Speaker 6: Right, And it's it's not just the software embedded in the TV that that has the data. Like if you think, well, that's fine, I just won't use the software in the TV. I'll use my own thing. I have a DVD player. It says they also gather this was the video that I watched. This has nothing to do with this samba thing. The guy said that they also like gather these fingerprints from your Hdmi inputs.
Speaker 5: So if you throw it, can't get away from it.
Speaker 6: You're throwing you, me and Dupree, And you know that they're going to know that too.
Speaker 8: I know whatever is in your Wi Fi imagine because we talked about algorithms not too long ago, where we you and Courtney were talking about something and all of a sudden what Courtney said popped up on your phone and realized that they're using the Wi Fi data. If you give you my smart TV is a fire TV, which it was a great price.
Speaker 5: It is big TV.
Speaker 8: It has Alexa on it, and it is constantly listening. Yeah right, and I don't know where else to go. All my data has gone at third parties, even if I opt out forever.
Speaker 1: If you have a cheap TV like and say you have YouTube TV on that, well, you're probably getting measured by YouTube TV and the partner company that made your TV so cheap. And by the way, all of these are probably better than the traditional way of doing ratings. They're all directly measured in a way that it's on X amount of televisions and they're watching what this person is doing instead of old fashioned diary filling out or a very very very limited amount of households having something that legitimately tracks what they're watching.
Speaker 5: Dear Diary, Cilian wanted to watch it? You pree and me again?
Speaker 1: Row seven different kinds of smoke, Classic classic Owen Wilson banger.
Speaker 4: He rarely misses quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll dive into Oh, I want to do this rundown I had on this weird politician. There's this guy who's starting to get more and more attention and he's got some Zaney conspiracy theories. So I'll play the audio for you of this dude and get him on your radar. That's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 4: More dispatches here in.
Speaker 1: Just a moment. Tips at the news Junkie dot comms. How you email the show. Let me see if I miss out on anything here. Oh, there is somebody talking about the high power bills. Chris says, I just got my Duke Energy bill yesterday. My bill was not any higher than it usually is in the summer.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: My system is about sixteen years old, he says. My central air is a heat pump system, which is more efficient than running the heat strips which are inside your air handler. I'm guessing people with crazy high electric bills aren't running a heat pump system, or their thermostat isn't configured correctly and runs the backup strips when the heat pump is running. He said. Duke Energy is also lowering their rates in March, according to the insert that was included with my bill. Look at them giving you good info, Chris must be nice. I don't know if I have a pump or the strips. I think I have a pump.
Speaker 4: You got a brand new one that was the old house.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, put the brand new one in and then bolted. Geez, here's square Slinger with a video dispatch blaming the high power bills on these greedy ol AI companies and their server farms junkies.
Speaker 14: You guys were talking about the power grid. I've read quite a lot of stories about the server farm they're building up in Virginia, Maryland somewhere, and it's raising everyone's power bill. But apparently the people up there are paying astronomical amounts for power only imagine what's gone on since this freeze happened.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, thank you. Yeah. A lot of people say this, especially when you talk about power bills. They're like these AI facilities, And it is true that AI facilities can drive up the competition for purchasing power and then they got to buy the power from the electric companies just like you and me, and that can spike the prices. From the stuff that I've read on this, that's only responsible for like a ten percent chunk, okay go, but the increase. But is it true that every time I tell AI thank you, it cuts down eleven trees? They yeah, there's so much nonsense about AI and water overuse and stuff. Like a lot of that stuff is I mean, at scale, anything has an impact. And when millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of people are using computing power, certainly that these things go up. But a lot of that stuff is fears that could be assuaged by just reading a bit more about what's happening. But like ten percent of the power bill increases can be attributed from what I've seen. It might be wrong before one I've seen about ten percent could be attributed to these data facilities, these AI facilities requiring so much more power and trying to buy all the available kilowatts and making your bill more expensive. The rest is we're using more power than ever before. We have a no on insignificant portion of the public who no longer goes to gas stations and instead plugs their vehicles in at their house, adding to the drain on the power grid with their electric vehicles. Let's run the numbers, Sea Lan, how many electric vehicles in the United States of America. I'm guessing I have no idea, Actually thirty million. I have no idea. Oh say million too high. It might be too high. As of late twenty twenty four early twenty twenty five, there were approximately four million electric vehicles on your own way hi way. I there so four million electric vehicles. Those are people who have to plug those in, and that's more of a drain on the power grid.
Speaker 4: And this all is why I wish.
Speaker 1: The President of the United States would do something about this. I wish he would step up. He's talked a big game on this, but he has not done it, and I'm I'm very upset that nothing has been done about this. To really further things, we need to reinvest in nuclear power facilities, safe nuclear power facilities in this country so that we have no problems with electricity and power generation, so that the marketplace is much more full of opportunities for people to buy power, maybe from different sources, so that it's clean available power. That will make it so you don't have to worry about big spikes and usage and all of these other things. But we haven't built again.
Speaker 4: I don't want to screw this up.
Speaker 1: When's the last nuclear power facility built in the United States? Thirty something years.
Speaker 8: Probably, I think that was Unit four and four again, commercial operation in April twenty nine, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh, twenty twenty four. This is this is a very recent one. I mean that's.
Speaker 8: Prior to that was Watts bar Unit two in Tennessee began operation in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, those are few and far in between in recent days. I didn't even know they got one up at twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: There are ninety three operating commercial nuclear reactors in the US.
Speaker 1: You got one if you grew up in South Florida. FP and L is a big nuclear power plan, incredibly safe overall, and.
Speaker 5: We have took a boot near there one time.
Speaker 4: We just haven't built them.
Speaker 1: We still use these dirty old ways to generate electricity at a lot of your power companies, and it's hard to get the permits, it's hard to be able to build the facilities. We need to lower that barrier for entry so that there's just absolutely abundant levels of energy available for everybody moving forward.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to see, Sean.
Speaker 1: When you start drinking the nuclear power waste, then I'll agree with you. Okay, cool, bring me a glass, k bring me a glass. The animals are fine, everything's fine. It's the safest, cleanest way to do it. You have been convinced by Homer Simpson that, yeah, do you think that I'd rather have a sip out of the nuclear power facility which burns clean right. All of this, by the way, is only steam, That's all it is. They use this to generate steam like almost every other power plant. The steam turns giant turbine. The turbine makes electricity. That's how a nuclear power plant generates electricity, or any other power plant does. The other facilities are far more disgusting in every measurable way. Okay, coal plants and all these other plants, even mixed use plants, are way more disgusting in every way that you might think.
Speaker 4: You just believe Homer Simpson and the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Green nuclear power equals dangerous. So there we go. Let's see. I want to work in at least one or two dispatches, but.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll just have to wait until we come back.
Speaker 1: We have breaking news. What have we got.
Speaker 6: Now, you're scream No, I just saw it on at text too.
Speaker 1: Oh, James Vanderbeek is dead at forty eight years old. He just said, had announced that he was struggling with he had a cancer diagnosis. I thought colon, but I could be wrong. He was.
Speaker 4: He was not looking very well, and I.
Speaker 5: Think he's selling his stuff to pay for the cancer.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he was. Yeah. An indictment on our health insurance situation in the United States if there ever was one. But James Vanderbeek had announced that he had cancer and then wasn't gonna make one of the Dawson's Creek Reunion title, No he didn't. They did it.
Speaker 6: I think they did it the same theater where they do Hamilton, but they had actually Lin Manuel Miranda play all the Dawson parts, which was kind of I guess.
Speaker 1: Did you see anything else he was in?
Speaker 4: Did you guys see anything else he was in besides.
Speaker 1: The scary movie Varsity.
Speaker 8: Blues Girl from Apartment to Something. It was like, Yeah, it was a very funny show. It wasn't very popular, but he played himself.
Speaker 4: Oh, he played like the actor guy.
Speaker 1: He has stage three colorectal cancer, which he revealed in late twenty twenty four. And James Vanderbeek, I've talked about this before in the show, but my favorite thing he ever did was the Rules of Attraction. I always really liked that movie. When I was younger, and I don't know if it holds up, but I at least thought it was cool then because it was one of these edgy movies and James Vanderbeek from Dawson's Creek was in it, and he played a pretty cool character. James Vanderbeek dead at forty eight years old after a battle with cancer.
Speaker 6: Marcity Blues one was pretty popular too. I don't know if it was more for James Vanderbeek's performance or was it Ali Larder.
Speaker 1: That had her boobs covered in whipped cream?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, which she was just talking about in an interview recently. I forget. He was on a roll there for a while. He had some pretty good stuff. James Vander's huge.
Speaker 4: His wife says he is dead at forty eight years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucks. Is brutal. Also, I didn't get into my rundown of this weirdo politician with some pretty amazing conspiracy theories. So we'll try to pack that in next If we don't have enough time, we'll punt it to Thursday's show. We've got more updates on all fronts, including the Nancy Guthrie case. What's going on with that bitcoin account. Well, you'd be surprised to know I actually do have some details on that and what is happening and there is some activity, what's going on with Nancy Guthrie's ransom note bitcoin account? That plus final Dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Wednesday, all of it coming up next on the News Junkie, all right, on the way outs, a couple of things before the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a day.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I want to give you this rundown very quickly, the quickest rundown I'll ever do, probably because now this, this Congressman Tim Burchett, has been on my radar. He's a strange cat, this guy, this Tim Burchett. I can't imagine what high school. He's got a lot of things. He believes in Sea Lane, all right, He's got a lot of theories. The first thing that popped up that I saw that ended up getting almost six million views was this video where he was talking about bad Bunny, and I was like, who is this guy? I don't even know this politician. And that's what literally brought me down the rabbit hole. Bad bunny, rabbit, you got it? Yeah, And I'll show you what else I learned about this guy and the quickest rundown every no bad.
Speaker 15: Bunny walked up here and and and you know, and asked me for if you could borrow my cell phone. I really don't know who he is. I used to have a bad bunny. I had this.
Speaker 1: Lemish guy around slap.
Speaker 15: He had one ear that blopped over nice and I always remembered somebody had another flem of shot and they wanted to Brady.
Speaker 4: He's saying bad bunny.
Speaker 1: Only bunny I knew.
Speaker 4: I used to have a bunny that was bad. It was a Flemish bunny.
Speaker 1: And he's talking about the bunny now and I said.
Speaker 15: Well, let's let's go easy on that. So they bring the dad gum thing over. It was Christmas Day. I'll never forget this. And fly and this other His name was Caramel Carmell. You know, I say Caramel.
Speaker 1: Oh my, he's list show.
Speaker 5: He's at it as a debate coming up because I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Red pistachio nuts, you know, white pistachio nuts.
Speaker 15: He's a character of this guy, and so Caramel, we put it in the cage beside it, and they're they're getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: Put them together. It's true what they say about rabbits. Dude. Oh yeah.
Speaker 15: And my nephew was like, Uncle Tim, what's what's what's flopped doing?
Speaker 1: Go back in Niles, Dude, give the sex.
Speaker 15: And then about a week later, flopped out to a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Subscribed so weird.
Speaker 5: The United States.
Speaker 4: That was a question about bad bunny.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: He asked me for my cell phone at flop Carameunta Power Melan.
Speaker 1: He died up about a week later, died.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and said with such confidence, how do you know your bunny had a heart attack?
Speaker 1: Did you have an autopsy performed? Here's the same guy. Another clip of them right again. This is the mini deep dive. Here the many rundown on Tim Burchett, Republican Tim Burchett. Here he is all right, if these are entities that are here on this earth, that had been on this earth talking about aliens sound who.
Speaker 14: Knows how long?
Speaker 1: And that that that we.
Speaker 4: You know, we think they're coming in from way out.
Speaker 15: Maybe they did millennial though, but they're here and they're these deep water areas.
Speaker 1: So now he thinks aliens are in the oceans off the coast, but.
Speaker 5: He says it with such I don't know what audio book voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if they was out there?
Speaker 15: And that's why I mean, like we say, we know more about the place of the moon than we do what's what's.
Speaker 1: Going on there?
Speaker 15: And we have a higher propensity of sightings around these five or six I believe deep.
Speaker 1: Area and deep water areas. This keep in mind, this is just a guy walking along and there's some cameraman who happened to be following him. We noticed he was a congressman, and they're like, Congress and Burchett, what do you have to say about this? Yeaeah, he's the United States Representative Tim Burchett. Then here he is talking about Bigfoot.
Speaker 11: I think some people know some things that they don't want other people to know.
Speaker 1: It's pretty surprising what we saw. Skinwalker rane big Foot. He's on it. We're usual creatures on Skinwalker Range. So he was on this show.
Speaker 4: Let me see, I can go to him.
Speaker 5: It's a very fascinating show.
Speaker 1: He was literally talking about he believes in Bigfoot too.
Speaker 4: So funny is this him though it's not him. At one point they have.
Speaker 5: I don't have any all the things that you were flashing through.
Speaker 1: He was on American Sasquatch and in this documentary and talking about how he also believes in Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: He's had a lot of very interesting moments.
Speaker 1: So he's on my radar. Now, Tim, you like to talk to him? I don't know. And then the rabbit was dead. I don't know. He's on my radar. We'll see if you can take this further. Let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today. Alar.
Speaker 11: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ weird, so don't get cocky. It's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today.
Speaker 4: Some say caramel, I say caramel.
Speaker 1: You know either a tomato tomato? He says, todaylor for a Wednesday, February eleventh, twenty twenty six. Today learn this show.
Speaker 4: Men Sopranos is correct.
Speaker 1: The actor who played Furio in The Sopranos or The Sopranos was he saw Sopranos. I don't know. I know. He spotted an incorrectly labeled painting at an auction. He bought it for sixty eight thousand dollars. But he had an eye for artwork, and he said, I know there's something going on with this thing. He later sold it for ten million dollars, which is much more than sixty eight thousands.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of gabba ghoul today. Learn darvo.
Speaker 1: It's an acronym that means deny, attack, reverse victim, and offender. Darvo. It's a reaction that perpetrators, like abusers or sex offenders will display in response to being held accountable for their behavior. A bunch of darvo's out there finally todaylar In this scroup speech. That's right. Two Live Crew to the guy accidentally banned on Chat today.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I didn't click on purpose, man, Sorry today. Lear In, a nineteen eighty nine album by Two Live Crew, was the first album deemed legally obscene by a federal court. It was later overturned, freeing Two Live Crew fans forever. Thank you so much for hanging out with this.
Speaker 4: We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Missing in the show. Get the podcast at thenews junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody, Sister snid So keep thinking down. We will quit. We'll always stand there. Number six were too live to black, too strong, doing the right thing and not wrong. So listen up, y'all to what we say. We won't be ben in the us A