Speaker 1: Headed to the island a week away.
Speaker 2: Join us at Treasure Island May twenty and twenty ninth for two shows full of games, tons of laughs, and great prizes including trips to Las Vegas. Book your stay save twenty percent with promo code kfa N Plus we have a special announce we will not want to miss all the details of campe in dot comcure calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't forget it is the Initials major number one for twenty twenty six. So get your aid to uh Treasure Island next Thursday and Friday. Looking forward to it, Thomas, you in town next week?
Speaker 1: You know what? Next Friday? You know what next Friday is?
Speaker 4: I do not body.
Speaker 1: It's Cessus thirty third birthday thirty three are cess Fast days.
Speaker 5: Remember I used to talking about Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now she's like, she says, we're too growing up to have them now, Yeah, which I'm sad about.
Speaker 3: You got to bring her down to Treasure Island Thursday night and hang out, do a little pre party, should I Yeah, Yeah, we'd love.
Speaker 4: To have you down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe little Initials game. Let her let her be the special guest for Initials Thursday night.
Speaker 1: And I like that pretty.
Speaker 6: Fun because yeah, I mean yeah, I got her stuff planned for a birthday birthday, but like nothing the night before that could actually work out.
Speaker 7: Well, how did that conversation go where sasaid, Tommy, we're getting too old for that.
Speaker 1: Let's slow down because right around.
Speaker 6: Christmas time is right when I started asking her about her birthday because I'm a planner, I like doing that stuff. And the first couple of years I was about suspest.
Speaker 5: And now she goes like, I'm thirty three. All of our friends have kids.
Speaker 1: It's starting to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're the only like ones without who aren't pregnant or have kids. Like, maybe we just do our own thing. I'm like, oh, that's fair, don't We're gonna have fun. But she actually said, which made my heart so happy.
Speaker 6: She goes, the only people I want to like come over and have a sleepover is Schmollen Cam.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, well win win for me.
Speaker 7: Well, I was hoping for that roller skating yo yo back to come in, but this was my second option.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. It's real cold here, man.
Speaker 8: I thought you guys are a guess room, no construction, it's one twin bed sas I got you and cam a hotel room for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Have the best weekend ever and I will be here.
Speaker 4: God have good time.
Speaker 1: All right, It's time for the news, boy.
Speaker 4: The news. Happy early birthday, says.
Speaker 7: Ye, Happy birthday, says this.
Speaker 2: News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: Hey you say Paul Saints, Saints Baseball dot com. Chs Field take a look here because Derek sent.
Speaker 4: Me an email.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure I get everything in because they supports Power Trip and we support the Saints.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 3: Today is Thursday, the twenty first oh It's Military Appreciation Night, including free tickets for active and military retired military members and their families. Plus hs Field is the Twin Cities best patio scene with thirsty Thursday specials two dollars, Select Drafts two for one, Neutral Bush Light and Summit Logger all game long, two bucks.
Speaker 4: That's where bodyball.
Speaker 5: That's it. I mean, you can't find that anywhere.
Speaker 3: Can't find you can't be and it's baseball and it's chs Fields is the best walking.
Speaker 5: The lap around chs Field of the beers. That's that's good vibes, that's really good.
Speaker 1: It's a super cool spot. It is.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, sir, as my first news story, Tommy Wilson, did you ever heard of a trend called the tarp's off trend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The boys the boys off.
Speaker 6: Now it's taken like student sections by storm, like in college, and everyone takes their shirts off, and they start like waving them around.
Speaker 3: And now it's happening and taking over at Saint Louis Cards baseball games. In fact, it's happening so much the tops off trend. The manager recognized them last night.
Speaker 1: Who ever started that in right field? I'll do whatever I need to do to make sure they come every game. Wow, because that was awesome.
Speaker 4: Not only them, but everybody that showed up today.
Speaker 1: That was That was a fun environment.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, and it creates an environment where it's not only filling this place up, it's making it a tough place for other teams to come in and play.
Speaker 3: You know how, when Sauce says something funny, he takes a sip. I stay from now on, we do tarps off. Oh every time.
Speaker 1: Well, wrong Thursday to do tarps off?
Speaker 6: Okay, hogs dad, hog da, let's from here because this is a really good idea.
Speaker 7: Good are you saying that every time Sauce makes me laugh, I take my shirt off.
Speaker 1: Fine, okay, how.
Speaker 5: About what if we get if we all get barrel laughs?
Speaker 6: Do you know, like I was actually thinking about this, So one guy can do a tarp off, right, so like people that maybe the bend does just you know.
Speaker 4: You just mentioned.
Speaker 1: Ron Johnson playing password.
Speaker 5: Yeah Ron Johnson, Yeah, when he does that.
Speaker 6: But like, okay, but we all if we have a good like funny thing and everyone lasts, we all do like a first down celebration like we just got a first down.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I mean, first out?
Speaker 7: Okay, we make you guys, like why did I think you were gonna say nude pass sets?
Speaker 1: Yeah we're talking, well you were.
Speaker 5: Well no, but or if that was my celling, like I passed.
Speaker 1: That quick because like I made you guys.
Speaker 5: First down right, right?
Speaker 6: If we do that, like that's when we do something when when we hit good drives, when we hit.
Speaker 5: Good drives, now we all do that like we shock.
Speaker 6: No, like I'll do I'll hit a quick pass set if I hit a bomb, like if I hit.
Speaker 7: Just the room have to laugh because otherwise what if like Sauce does a joke and it misses, but he still stands up and does the celebration.
Speaker 5: He gets the guilt laughs, it's even better. It's brilliant.
Speaker 6: Like you guys, we should do something to celebrate a good a good joke.
Speaker 5: Now that we got film, we got to play the hits side of laughter.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys are fun.
Speaker 4: First of all, what did it?
Speaker 1: Cool? And we do?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Like sure, that'd be so cool. So what's yours? You're going to do a past I'll.
Speaker 5: Do a quick pass it like I do in golf.
Speaker 9: It'd be great, see it, let's see it wrong camera.
Speaker 1: Just brilliant. That's quick. Two steps Tommy, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Can you do that with tarp off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I'm not you want to take my shirt off?
Speaker 6: And sure I do that of course, but no, if we all had, if we had a little thing, if you've.
Speaker 4: Changed, obsessus right, you guys are too old.
Speaker 1: Now you've changed.
Speaker 5: I have never taken my shirt off in here? Have I maybe not?
Speaker 1: But I don't like taking showing nipple.
Speaker 5: But like if I was jacked, I would, but you know that's a tough spot. Yeah, I'll do Yeah, let's do tarps off?
Speaker 1: And then thinking of sellies, think of some sellies that we need about.
Speaker 3: What if what's what's the bottom if if the top is the tarp, what's the bottom?
Speaker 1: Tommy, uh, fIF out we'll play No, but like I love that, you guys. I really like this idea.
Speaker 5: If we keep workshopping, it could be good.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's workshop it more.
Speaker 6: Like what okay, what's what's the last like really funny thing that happened.
Speaker 1: On this show?
Speaker 4: I think it was in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this bit called starnak. I remember when Star said that? Right?
Speaker 3: What Star?
Speaker 1: What was that? Yeah? Like it was our last good bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah you guys, Okay, no, well, let's let's keep brainstorming here. I like see this is what happens when we brainstorm starts tangents, right, who's that we do it off their h Yeah, that's that's probably good. Yeah that's right. Yeah, National Radio showtime for Joe.
Speaker 3: Take a deep breath, the hit past it tarps off first out right?
Speaker 5: No, I agree?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, hey.
Speaker 6: You guys, since it's your twenty fifth anniversary though, right coming up? Mm hmmm, yeah, are you guys do like the greatest of like the best of have some good lists of like your favorite moments.
Speaker 7: That would require a ton of work and an archive, and and to Chris's point from an hour and a half ago, that.
Speaker 1: Would require an excellent memory of.
Speaker 7: The twenty five year history the Power to the Morning Show. We don't even know what we did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you don't even like you can think of the moments like when we're in Vegas the Power when it went off.
Speaker 7: I have like five to ten moments that are really vivid in my mind that like that went really well, or that was super fun, or that was really cool, but then all of the rest of it is a blur.
Speaker 8: The five thousand, go see it was outside b Yeah, that was brilliant, brilliant, A great.
Speaker 6: Bit when that guy went up in Detroit Lakes remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh, Yeah, that was an unbelievab that was.
Speaker 4: But finger sour Patch that was five.
Speaker 1: That was really good.
Speaker 4: Good god?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what else is good?
Speaker 4: When when we pranked Karly with Brett Michaels.
Speaker 1: That was outstanding. Yeah, saw swimming at the y MC a great bit.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a case stack in your pocket.
Speaker 1: That's why. Easiest thousand I've ever made it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was like one of the worst days of my life because I quit like I always do when I hate when I do that, but I don't know how to get out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was florious. I hope you ying a fire.
Speaker 4: Let's see the comedy bit out of Canterbury Park was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that was super fun. People showed up to Yeah, bazillion, that was so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of good times here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been good, but you run, it's been great, real real good.
Speaker 1: We've been real long, lucky to be able to do it every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knew?
Speaker 1: Who knew?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: And again, we are the first show in KFE and history to celebrate a twenty fifth anniversary. Think about that. That's pretty cool, right, This station is legendary. But we're the first to twenty five straight years, is that right? Yeah, So we'll celebrate it later this year in November.
Speaker 1: First to twenty five. You can't wait.
Speaker 8: Go on.
Speaker 4: So we're going to make a whole straight years thing for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna make it a big deal though, because it's the first of its kind.
Speaker 4: That was a really good, big moment on the Morning show.
Speaker 6: Sure, Oh yes, well Hawk, yeah, Zick, when was that five years ago.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: But you think you remember that he was a bitch.
Speaker 1: It really is. That proves your guys point even more.
Speaker 4: You forget when when Sauce was sad. That was great.
Speaker 1: Year was twenty sixteen. Sixteen is tough, definitely, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's great. That drove me to anger management. That was the for the rest of us. That was the equivalent of swimming a lap and a half at the y MC.
Speaker 1: They we laughed every day, every damn day, but they always stood up for it.
Speaker 7: We did and butterfly effects, right, Yeah, you worked out pretty well.
Speaker 4: Let's Louis.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you really want to talk about it, it's the greatest thing ever happened.
Speaker 1: Exactly. If that, If that doesn't happen, Louis doesn't exist everything.
Speaker 4: Kelly answered prayers.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: Sauce his wife naked.
Speaker 1: Right exactly on our wedding day. Exactly. True story.
Speaker 5: Girls, that was my favorite trip.
Speaker 1: That was one because you.
Speaker 4: Was real good, real good.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the price you pay for staying in the suite with you know, you had a jackpot without a hand you thought later, yeah, yeah, my dad was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: After that, As a matter of fact, get over there. I didn't take care of this far dangerous weapon was.
Speaker 1: That was locked the door. That was a time.
Speaker 8: That was And then when we got that one, we ran into that one guy in the uh the gift shop and playing in Hollywood, and he bought like six hundred dollars for the stuff. Remember when he bought for everybody in line? You remember, Yeah, they were like fifteen of us in line.
Speaker 6: Rate this guy because it does back up there a little bit, so just like let's get off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good guy.
Speaker 6: Actually, Actually you know when like people take their shirt off and like like trade shirts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the football games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 6: Left my shirt in your guys's room that night because I had such fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was you also pooped on my couch, was remember that?
Speaker 1: That was That was a year before I think.
Speaker 3: Remember I remember when we recorded a podcast that no longer exists.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was it was just you adopted screaming.
Speaker 7: It was there was sixty minutes of ten people with microphones and eight of them were screaming at the same time and the other two were waiting to scream.
Speaker 4: And I'm so glad he's not mad at me anymore.
Speaker 3: But remember when I had to ask John Cristel to leave the air in Vegas because he was so drunk.
Speaker 7: Well, he had been double fifteen rings for twenty extreme that was his twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well, it was who brought the breathalyzer because I remember later.
Speaker 8: Pete my uncle, Hey, this mouth Papa bought her.
Speaker 1: That was the you're going John, you can't be on the air. You're like zero point three or it was real yea.
Speaker 4: And he gave me that look like if I had legs, I'd kill you.
Speaker 7: Was it the same year that we thought the guy in the crowd was dead?
Speaker 4: That's the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pete Sauce I think was sitting next to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Kim had to walk over and check his pulse.
Speaker 1: Thought he was a guy in.
Speaker 7: The crowd that was not moving and when we poked him and prodded him didn't flinch. We're like, this guy might be dead. This is like a Vegas vacation situation where he might like wake up and wink and then die.
Speaker 1: Papa kept with him.
Speaker 5: That was in the stage, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first that first or second year we did very first understanding.
Speaker 8: Yeah, some good times, man, last stuff, last last time we were there and Hawk and I just wandered Vegas together.
Speaker 1: That was super fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will never forget the first year Marty went out there with us and we were walking from Buffalo Bold Wings after the show back to Planning Hollywood and a guy, a listener, was walking beside us and he was so drunk. He was pissing himself and had no idea as we were walking, had no idea.
Speaker 1: Were you like lawyer Lambert get control?
Speaker 4: He was just marking his territory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he saw somebody else talking to you got that? How didn't Dwight fly out vacant?
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember the first time we went to Detroit Lakes and we were like, oh my god, these there's so many people.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it. Oh man, it's been some great moments.
Speaker 5: Great first day.
Speaker 1: We're lucky, stay for it, Stay fair Friday night show. Oh, that's the.
Speaker 3: Biggest ho was And it was like, dude, we all like people were standing on the bridge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like that was cool. Well again, they knew, they knew this is the only show that's going to last twenty five years in the history of kf AN. We got to celebrate this, well Son, Yeah, twenty five years, nobody's done it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we deserve it, we do, I agree, right, And I remember how we celebrated in such a big way the first time we ever went number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by going to Dairy Queen but requit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blizzards, Yep, that's great, unbelievable, the white jeans on remember the Yeah, yeah, man, that's great.
Speaker 4: And that was the first of Zach's coming out parties.
Speaker 8: Then Zach told us a really dark, not secret, but told us some really information that meant a lot to him. And then Ryan Donaldson came in here on Monday and told everybody was everybuddy, so you know what I have to tell you. Don't say that that's not your story. You know you're doing something.
Speaker 2: And the ironic thing is, I think part of me told wanted to tell you guys because I wanted to tell you because I thought you would be the guy maybe that would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you would spill the beans, so you wanted somebody to It was, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Not my story to tell. I don't keep a lot.
Speaker 4: Of beans, but those weren't Those are my beans.
Speaker 1: Beans. Then we went shoes shopping, We did.
Speaker 8: Brand the Drake out of Uh, he's just holding the scorpion glass and the mall.
Speaker 1: We're in the shoe store. They're like, you can't bring that giant again. This is a like the size of a head glass. It was great.
Speaker 3: There's so many things, man, I mean even answer like like when I filled in for Muss on the Vikings pregame show, and at the end of the interview, I realized Greg Coleman thought I was must the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, the whole time.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Michael J. Musselman. Third, and I go, I'm not Musk.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was you say, like, but I'm Chris.
Speaker 4: It was so good, like six minutes. He had no idea.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then you know Harrison Smiths and the Vikings like Harrison Ford.
Speaker 1: Is in the return question. Was we used to play that all the time?
Speaker 3: And then of course even more recent stuff like the gentleman who came in from Rosie's favorite restaurant.
Speaker 8: No, that's an all ye all time.
Speaker 1: He stand out in the hall, goes, I guess we'll go on the air.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He's gotta be mad at you again. He gets mad every time you bring this.
Speaker 4: He does that.
Speaker 8: I didn't bring it up though I know he brought out like you, I can't know the difference between you.
Speaker 1: And Michael J. Muss And the third he.
Speaker 8: Got mad when I had to find it and play it.
Speaker 1: Then he got back that he was mad about it. He was mad about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wait a minute, there's no way Zach can find that and play it.
Speaker 3: There's no way anybody will tweet him at all about that restaurant today.
Speaker 7: Zach doesn't know where that audio is. He can't find that and play it. Got back to twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 3: Nobody will text Rosie right now asking him what the name of that restaurant was.
Speaker 1: You gotta go. I got timers, all right, I love you time soft brother. You guys.
Speaker 6: If I get FaceTime this weekend, I almost like eighteen dudes.
Speaker 1: Oh dream scenario, literal dream scenario.
Speaker 4: A weekend.
Speaker 1: All the plane is Saturday to just have a pool day. Oh god, I mean, I mean, what life.
Speaker 4: Its brilliant and it wears me out.
Speaker 1: Zach will definitely take that FaceTime. Call it. You're interested, if you remember, go for it.
Speaker 6: So I just know if I do FaceTime, you guys, it's because I got rolling that I were on the power trip and I was like yeah, I'm really good friends with them.
Speaker 1: No, just like two PM, you're one of us friends. Yeah, part of the reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tom's you're part of the reason we made a twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love you guys. I feel honored to be on here. But yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 6: I will Yeah, I'll be back next week and hopefully yeh, I'll talk to us about coming down.
Speaker 1: That'd be great. Man, all right, says Sauces Sports. After this Power Trip.
Speaker 9: Morning, Joe on the Fan, Jeffersonllions, it's your number one bus experience.
Speaker 3: My name is Chris Hockey and I can vouch for that. With So do you know the Power Trip comedy bit we were discussing. Yes, that's almost it was July first, I believe, of twenty twenty one, almost fifty year aniversary.
Speaker 1: O wait, yeah, oh gosh, d yeah.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing that I just gotta let you guys all know.
Speaker 6: First off, you're gonna feel a lot like Sas tonight. It'll probably be under two minutes and you'll be very disappointed.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant and five years ago.
Speaker 4: I know. Here's a listen to this. Here's a highlight from Marnie.
Speaker 2: I did ask for some advice, though, Meet Sauce told me to be me.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're funny. Just go out there and give it your best shot.
Speaker 7: B you.
Speaker 1: Corey Cove told me rip everybody.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 1: Make fun of them.
Speaker 8: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: So to recap, Meat Sauce told me to be me.
Speaker 5: Corey Coke told me to be.
Speaker 1: That's a great line. That's like a, well, that's a really well written joke.
Speaker 7: Because right, that's just again that's legitimately well written. Yea perfect setup. That's like a that's something you would see on a roast. Right, really well done. Yeah, it was fun. Oh go ahead, No, I was gonna transition to sports. You're gonna play more highlight.
Speaker 4: We should do sports because you're right, because I'm running laid out right.
Speaker 7: Here we go, hold on, fire away, Saucy Saucers, it's.
Speaker 1: Time for a fan five on the Power Trip. Oh thanks Mel. The Twins won for nothing over the Astros.
Speaker 8: They wont for one. I have even for one written down the they win the series. They're off today, I have for one written.
Speaker 1: The cool Okay, good, what we're glad you? Oh you're doing great? Would you want to I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Is he got RBV again?
Speaker 1: They're off today.
Speaker 7: I told Marnie to rip everyone.
Speaker 8: They battle the Red Sucks tomorrow, who just swept the Royals. Joe Ryan yesterday was outstanding. He went six, scattered four hits and struck out nine. He's going to be an unreal trade piece for this team in about a month and a half.
Speaker 1: You still think he's out the door no matter? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I think he's appending free agent or maybe as a year left. They're not gonna pay him, they'll trade him.
Speaker 1: What happened Joe Ryan traded? Do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I had some audio of Shelton talking him. How Grady was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was outstanding yesterday. He's outstanding.
Speaker 4: I like that kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're still in it, aren't we?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can't trade him yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, about two and a half months though to the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: We'll see where that goes.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's see here the Thunder even the series with the Spurs by beating them one twenty two, one thirteen.
Speaker 1: SGA had thirty.
Speaker 8: There's a video on the internet where it shows him flopping on every single shot he made.
Speaker 1: Team three is tomorrow at seven thirty. Yeah, he was so much better in game two than he was in game one.
Speaker 7: He just he he was a killer, a lot of like twenty foot pull ups, which is eventually what you're going to be wearing.
Speaker 4: He can't do no.
Speaker 1: Zero chats no, Yeah, I don't know. Again, it's getting chippy, it's getting physical. Players are getting hurt.
Speaker 7: John, it's as a slugfest so far, dirty play.
Speaker 1: I like the dirty play. They're getting aggressive. Yeah, it's greasy.
Speaker 7: And again Wenby was not offensively a force like he was quite in game one.
Speaker 1: They contained him a little bit more last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got Maybe it's just because he's so freakishly tall. You know, for the one thousandth time, one of the most frustrating things about Karl Anthony Towns is when he decided at half court he was gonna drive no matter what. And because he's so tall, like every dribble feels like it takes fifteen seconds to bounce all the way down and get all the way back up to his hand. Sometimes Wemby does that as well, where I know it only takes him two steps to get from the three point line of the basket, so it looks like it's awkward. It's like a you know, a baby deer running for the first time or something. But uh man, I felt like the Thunder strategically waited for the ball to bounce because they know they have a chance to get it, because it's so it.
Speaker 1: Has to go a long way.
Speaker 7: As crazy as that sounds, it seems like they are strategically trying to like, all right, we can't let you just catch it down here, but if we make you dribble, we're just gonna swipe at it and hope that it knocks off your knee or that we can just swipe at it and get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He seemed to struggle to drive last night more than Game one.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's what you do, I mean something because if you if you let it have his shot, he'll kill you.
Speaker 7: He did clank a bunch of threes last night, So yeah, not the best game for Wemby, not that he can basically. I didn't see his final numbers, but he went like twenty five and twenty almost right, give or take.
Speaker 1: Probably a little bit less than that, but something like that, and it was like, yeah, kind of an off night. Yeah, Wemby.
Speaker 8: They just freakishly good, so they can still win it though, of course the Knicks Calves game is Game two is tonight, it's seven. The Knicks lead that series one to oh they are also six and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 7: Injury aside, and I know Jamen Williams left the game laft last night for Oklahoma City, Dylan Harper left the game last night for San Antonio Deer and Fox is not back yet for San Antonio.
Speaker 1: So again they're dropping like flies in the West.
Speaker 7: But I just am still convinced unless it's a series of significant injuries, I don't think either team in the East can stay with either team in the West. No, it looks like the gap is pretty significant. Yeah, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Injury changes everything.
Speaker 7: If chat Holmgren keeps stepping on Wemby's foot, then anybody can be anybody can win.
Speaker 1: And you brought it up. That's a dirty ass play. It really is.
Speaker 8: If he if he's stepping on his foot and he maybe I know, he just stepped kind of moves forward, that being uh Wemby's foot, but.
Speaker 1: If he has to go back, I mean it's it's bad.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Tommy heard dirty ass playing. He came in here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well played. Were talking about basketball last night, Tommy work. That was well played.
Speaker 3: It just appeared out of nowhere, like the like the Beetlejuice, the guy and that Adam Adam Adam.
Speaker 4: The film where the Butler appears out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: All then, oh, Adam Sandler, mister, thank you, John.
Speaker 8: Dirty as brilliant. I legitimately thought maybe he called you.
Speaker 1: That was well played, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I was trying to play it well.
Speaker 8: But yeah, if that, because if that, if he goes back or something, he rolls his ankle like that, it's a series changing play.
Speaker 1: It's thirty. Yeah that sucked. Yeah, uh, he didn't get hurt.
Speaker 8: Vegas Zacho beat the Abs four to two to take a one zero series lead. The Abs were without Calee mccarr who's out with a lower body injury.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We talked a lot last week about the the missed opportunity that this was this year for the Minnesota Wild and if you know, maybe a couple things go differently and they can find their way against Colorado. This could have been a really really, really real, real special year. And now knowing that the avs best defenseman and one of the if not the best defenseman in the world would have not played in Game six or seven. Doesn't certainly help that case. But congratulations the Golden Knights. They were they had that three to one lee in the third period, the Avs score make it three to two, and we're thinking, oh boys, history going to repeat itself.
Speaker 1: Not the case.
Speaker 2: Saint Cloud State's Nick Dowd was the one who beat out the icing, got the puck and scored the empty netter, So congratulations to him, and it was really cool watching Vegas do that against Colorado. I don't think it's over as will absolutely come back and probably win and could very well easily win this in five. But if you're looking for an upset in your Vegas, that's a good way to start.
Speaker 4: Thank you Cloud State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks Cloud State.
Speaker 8: How about Bloomington's own Eric Johnson yesterday on the Pat McAfee show said he thinks that Connor McDavid or Austin Matthews will be a Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Wild member in the next three years. Well, now, you wonder, did that just come out of nowhere?
Speaker 2: Is that just a random hot take or you know, obviously he's plugged in a little bit in the hockey world, so maybe he's hearing something or other. I think, I mean, Austin Matthews is certainly more of an obvious, more talked about name, but I don't know if anybody's actually mentioned Connor McDavid. I imagine he's getting frustrated up there. I can't believe that they have not won a Cup yet with all the talent that they have, and maybe we'll see McDavid fill that hole, but I think more likely, maybe it's especially here in the short term, Austin Matthews this summer would be a huge gift for Billy. By the way, Bill Garon on with Barrero today at three o'clock for I believe the entire hour in studio, so you can listen on the fan, obviously, but we'll also have that for you at on YouTube KFE and just search there, subscribe, or just go to KFA dot com slash watch.
Speaker 8: I asked somebody yesterday that would know, and they said about Austin Matthews be on the wild.
Speaker 1: They said it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, somebody who would you trust?
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred persons?
Speaker 4: Man, That would be crazy, wouldn't I am? I that'd be what we have to give.
Speaker 8: Up for that, probably ERICSONEK, probably a goalie. I think they got some young talent and the miners they might give up.
Speaker 1: Is that something? Probably Zacho?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have not looked exactly what they're predicting in terms of the trade package necessary. But uh, as we heard Bill Garrin say yeah a few days ago, nobody is untradeable. He mentioned Wayne Gretzky trade like. I think he is willing to part with, if with, anybody on this team as long as it makes the team better. And Austin Matthews certainly wouldn't make this team way better.
Speaker 7: I mean, could I see the Maple Leafs maybe sending him to Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Possibly? Well, what about wanting out? That's could happen? Maybe, is it possible. I gotta find more hobbies, you know what I mean. I'll send you one from yesterday. I'm not doing that. I haven't done in months, five months. I haven't either.
Speaker 10: I had to quit I Turkey same yeah, say angry. I was addicted for a while there, mainline for a while.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Uh. More of the power Chip morning to including Vikings news after this on the fan.
Speaker 4: From the one eight hundred, ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Luggage World ninety four heavy westbound from.
Speaker 2: Fourth my Chemical Romance. Get the complete details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at KFA dot com keyword Calendar.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's your Powerchip Morning Show and it is seventy eight and we are laid for Vikings News.
Speaker 7: It's time for Vikings news on the Power Trips presented by that. It's not really Vikings news, but Aaron Rodgers did say that this is his final season.
Speaker 4: That's what he says.
Speaker 1: Do we all believe him? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like.
Speaker 7: He's a guy that is capable of trickiness yet again, but I do feel like he's forty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah this, I mean, come on, yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 7: He's obviously super polarizing. I don't care for him much, but obviously one of the all time greats, first ballot Hall of Famer. He is going to be a lock, kind of a pain in the ass, but whatever, we'll see what he does terrorize.
Speaker 3: I got a shot it winning the championship, but I don't know anythings possible.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, agreed.
Speaker 7: I don't think they do either, So I wonder what his motivation is out sid of just maybe one more ride.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's already sick of being married.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe which that whole situation is really strange.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what she looks like, nobody knows her name.
Speaker 4: Good for him, good?
Speaker 1: But like, how is that a thing? No, I'm with you if the picture surface this week, if it's real.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing though, isn't he the first person you would imagine would have been like, yeah, no, I'm married, Look she's right here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But you could also say he also loves being.
Speaker 1: Mysterious and interesting, weird spotlight so to have. But he's he's more interesting if you don't.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, he'sa his wife because like I just said, like, how is this even possible?
Speaker 1: Does? How does nobody know her name? How? Pictures not popped up?
Speaker 7: He loves that he's pulling that trick off in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I was interesting too, you know. Yeah. Yeah, everybody who's around him says he's great.
Speaker 7: Not everybody, true, not everybody, yeah, not everybody everybody mean, Lieber loves him.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah he does, he really does. He really.
Speaker 1: Lieber speaks very highly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know something I didn't know was still happening. That I was just reading an article back about in the Athletic. I didn't realize that Brian Florest thing was still going on.
Speaker 1: Did you guys get that I did not know?
Speaker 3: I didn't either, Still lingering Brian Florest appears twenty five NFL teams to delay discrimination lawsuit. League alleges Attorneys for Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Floor's requested access to twenty four years worth of hiring a deployment documents from nearly every NFL team, according to the lawyers representing the league and several of its franchises.
Speaker 4: So they're I guess trying to I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on, but I just I had no idea that it was still happening. Spris they haven't like settled it and just said let's just get moving, you know, but maybe they didn't feel like the dad They're wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And we'll see whenever this is done, if he does get a second chance, because that's been the number one excuse why he hasn't had a second chance.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Right, And obviously we're the beneficiary. I still can't believe it still here, Yeah, I still can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Man. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I got a sneaking suspicion the more I think about it, that they believe the squad is going to be real, real good this year. You know why I think that because they spent all their draft picks on defense essentially, so they must mean they think the offense is there.
Speaker 7: On paper, the offense is loaded, I mean load, but but but but just like last year.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Tommy just came back.
Speaker 1: It's not going to matter. Quarterbacks not good, right, yeah? Right, because as a.
Speaker 7: Three wide receiver group with Jefferson and Addison and Juwan Jennings, now that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Loaded. Yeah, what about the running back?
Speaker 8: Your offensive line should be fully healthy, Darisaw play every game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we still have tight ends.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like, we have an offense that can be explosive, but if Kyler and JJ can't do it, then it's irrelevant.
Speaker 8: But you also to your point though, core about the offense. You have multiple guys on that offense that are in contract years.
Speaker 2: T J.
Speaker 1: Hawkinson is in a huge contract.
Speaker 9: Now, which means he needs to play well correct both quarterbacks technically as We've stated multiple times, if Kyler Murray comes out and isn't good or gets banged up, it's gonna be he I mean, career backup is maybe on the line.
Speaker 8: And McCarthy if he doesn't play at all or plays and he's bad, it might be career backup for him. At this point, there's a lot of like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm standing by that he has one Vikings window left, one and if it's not good, if it's great, then his Vikings window might be ten years, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If he gets in there again for a five to six game stretch and it goes really bad again, I think he's done with us.
Speaker 6: Same.
Speaker 7: I think he has one window left, whether it's this year or beyond. No again, if Kyler just kicks ass and plays the whole year and then we re sign him, then JJ might never get another window. But if he does, I think it's his last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, if Kyler plays all year and is good and they find a way to sign him to a long term and maybe three or four year contract, JJ McCarthy will be traded for pennies on the dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe Yeah, Either it'd.
Speaker 4: Be great if they were both good because we're probably gonna need him both something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, it's gonna be a fun season. It always is.
Speaker 8: But yeah, as you said, that defense could be really good, especially if the first round pick they have plays and he and Caleb is healthy. He could be a dominant force and Hawk's new favorite player, Big si tris.
Speaker 1: Sorry, who is it?
Speaker 7: Please, Big Cris, But I mean you're not kidding.
Speaker 1: They invested a lot of draft capital and defense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean weren't their first I mean the first banks was was the other guy that they took out of Iowa State, the defensive tackle what's his name?
Speaker 5: Hawk, I'm not trying to remember what his name is.
Speaker 8: Big Citrus safety they took from Miami.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did the safety, but I think it all kind.
Speaker 1: Of hinges on the guy from Iowa State, which his name.
Speaker 5: Is, what's his name?
Speaker 4: Can't remember?
Speaker 7: Both things can be true, it's true, yeah, but it'll be fun.
Speaker 8: And you know, the Hall of Fame game is like two and a half two months, twelve days away.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Let's get get your ticket package? How much how much money? How much money.
Speaker 7: Would I have to give you for you to actually go on that trip? Like if I gave you one hundred bucks, that's not enough because you would still have to pay for a ton of gas or a flight or going for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going for free. Hawk bought it. I don't buy that.
Speaker 7: So, but I mean, okay, if I gave you five hundred dollars, would you go?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, you know why? I would go? Why Because I know somebody in the Hall of Fame. Oh what are you gonna get lunch with them? And then go see Bruno Mars.
Speaker 8: I don't think i'd take a single picture. I think we just go and enjoy the time. I would probably be able to find some fun golf to play with said person.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I would go. It's sweet, you've been right Hawk, Yeah, yeah, it's It's a cool place. Man.
Speaker 8: If you're a football junkie like hogs Daddy and I are, it's super fun. If I want to watch the Hall of Fame game between the Panthers and the Arizona car of course not right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, So if I gave you five hundred dollars to kind of punish you, to say you have to go to the entire Hall of Fame game and go to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
Speaker 1: You would just pocket the five hundred dollars and then go golfing with John Randall. I would go to the events, but yeah, the days I am not at the events, I.
Speaker 7: Would use that money towards golfing. Yes, all right, the offers off the table. Yes, I'm not paying you a golf.
Speaker 3: I might use it to rent a car to drive by casinos a wave of people.
Speaker 8: Oh, we should make a road trip out of it, because you know there's a lot of casinos there.
Speaker 4: You gotta go through Chicago.
Speaker 1: What if how can I win? What if we actually went, Well, we can get one utafl for it. Oh god, that was another great bit. The skyline of Minneapolis was in the background, was drinking out of a McDonald's.
Speaker 7: And it's been it's been a studio that we've recorded of podcasts, and yeah, that was another good well speaking of a speaking of a waving at casinos. We were talking to Tommy about this right before he left off the air. No, no, the other thing he was like, hey, if you guys ever didn't go to Vegas, where else would you go? And I'm like, well, the problem is is, like you know, the three of us don't travel the same We don't vacation the same.
Speaker 1: I don't think the same cities would be on the same list.
Speaker 7: It's a little bit trickier unless the Vikings go to doubling of the Vikings go to England. But when we were talking about gambling, like, I don't really have a desire to go to Atlantic City. I've heard the Borgado's really nice, but I don't know if it's Vegas or Atlantic City. I'm going to Vegas. I'm trying to think of any other city in the world where it's just gambling like focused that I really, really, really want to go to Monica. See, I've heard Monico is nice. Yeah, we don't got the money to go to Yeah.
Speaker 1: But exactly is that? Are we priced out of Monoco? Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's available to everybody, It's available every right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the best meal I ever had with McDonald's Monaco.
Speaker 1: But you want to go to Macau, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Been there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Your cow, It's gotta be my bawl.
Speaker 7: There's really there is no other mecca though in the US, right, Atlantic City is the closest angle. What about readership with That's exactly what we came up with. That's what Tommy was basically saying. It would be fun drinking. And although cruise ship casinos are absolute like financial disaster.
Speaker 1: Right, who's going to go to a cruise ship casino.
Speaker 7: I mean they well, yeah, he doesn't need a room to sleep there, that's right. But oh man, every pot of poker they take like thirty bucks out of it. The rake on a poker table is it's it is astronomical.
Speaker 1: So it's there for the hard course because they know you're trapped. They know there's nothing to do, you.
Speaker 8: Know what gamble or will eventually show up and take you.
Speaker 7: You know, we always talking about like the minimum payout legally in a lot of states.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a ninety payoff. That's as low. I bet it's thirty percent on a cruise ship. They don't what do they care. It's international water, Yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they don't have to pay you a dime, they don't have to make any promises.
Speaker 1: That would be fun. I think that if we got a lot of people to go, that would be great.
Speaker 4: I'd love to do that, man.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I think you know what I've been thinking about, like in the summertime, they have. They hire entertainers to go out, you know, and entertain people on cruise ships. I could go sing for like a cover band on a cruise ship and be gone.
Speaker 4: For like three weeks. That'd be awesome. I'd love to do that for like extra money. And you could definitely do that like a free vacation to get paid.
Speaker 1: That's your retirement, retiring sing on cruise ships.
Speaker 3: Where are you today, Hockey, I'm broadcasting live from I don't know where I got diarrhea.
Speaker 1: Oh in the hantavirus.
Speaker 7: Say hi to the guy at the topless deck reading the newspaper USA's or whatever.
Speaker 1: I see you, guys, Hey, Rosie Fuisia. What what do you think.
Speaker 7: The largest jackpot ever won on a cruise ship slot machine is thirty dollars forty dollars?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, it's the worst. I mean, geez, the worst, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, like I've never once heard of a story of some guy winning seven hundred thousand dollars on a cruise ship.
Speaker 4: What did I've never read another one like that? Not one time?
Speaker 8: I would have worked logistically, I mean, yeah, where would you pay taxic well?
Speaker 2: And then like they can't hand pay you and you bring seven hundred thousand back to your you watch me.
Speaker 1: I mean they could.
Speaker 2: I mean the security aspect of it, even even for a smaller prize of ten or twenty or thirty thousand.
Speaker 4: That's they're right you and I owe you. Yeah, that's a good guy.
Speaker 7: Then it's the cruise ship essentially turns into knives out right. We know Zach has seven hundred thousand. Let's find him before this ship docks. Yeah, kill him and take the money because.
Speaker 3: Everybody else has lost the seven hundred thousand one. So they got to get it back somehow.
Speaker 1: Man. That'd be fun, man, Yeah, that would be fun. Yeah, Power Trips technically done it.
Speaker 7: We've broadcast from a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 1: I still don't know how you guys did that. It was awesome. Yeah, I'm with you. What would you guess for the year, like, oh, five ish range?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really good guess.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in that range the.
Speaker 7: Middle of the two thousands, brand new man, Good for you, somewhere in that range, Like we couldn't find anybody because this bit.
Speaker 1: What bit?
Speaker 4: What are we?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, that was a different Mexico trip. Different trip.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, different trip.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: That was is that Mazilan that might have or something? We thought it was for forever. Yeah, in fact, we were told it was.
Speaker 1: Forever at that point. Yep. All right, Fan five in a second headlines later. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Post