Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers, it's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pre game host of the World champion La Dodgers, tam Catshi.
Speaker 3: Everybody, and welcome into a Wrongo Cacio Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, July the first, as we flipped the calendar to a new month. You're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifty six and thirty on this season, best record in baseball and quite frankly, they are running away with the NL West. They are now twelve and a half games up on San Diego in the division going into play tonight, and they wrap up this nine game road trip with a game tonight in West Sacramento. As the Dodgers finish off this three game series against the Athletics, Jack Dreyer on the mount and the opener for the Blue What is a bullpen game.
Speaker 5: First pitch is coming up at six forty.
Speaker 3: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: You're also gonna hear from the general manager, Yes, and Berendon Gomes coming up in about forty five minutes. We're gonna check in with David Vass throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by shortly. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head up to the galloping Ford broadcast be with Tim Nevertt and a Rick Monday Well. Last night, it was another offensive performance from the Dodgers, and Jess Robleski provided all the pitching, seven solid in three runs, seven hits, he scatter while striking out eleven along the way. The Dodgers jumped out to the early two to nothing lead in the first Mookie bet to rbhigh single ta Oscar Hernandez with a sack fly scoring Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 5: Dodgers up two to nothing.
Speaker 3: They led two to one going to the top half of the third inning when they really poured it on.
Speaker 5: Runners on for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 8: Runners off first and second.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund, hitting right handed, swingson, hits the ball weldo center field, going back on to his bolt.
Speaker 1: He still going back. He looks up.
Speaker 2: It's going off the batter's eye. A home run for Tommy Edman, his first of the season. It's a three run shot and the Dodgers now lead at five to one. He just jumped on a slider that hung over the middle and Edmund hit it four hundred and twenty eight feet to dead center field.
Speaker 5: Three run home run for Tommy Edmund, his first of the year.
Speaker 3: Tommy Edmund is on fire since coming back from the injured list, as the Dodgers had a five to one leader remained that.
Speaker 5: Way into the six when Miggey Room made it more.
Speaker 8: When the triple A affiliation was with the Athletics, swinging a drive left field. Beat this ball back and gone.
Speaker 2: The gall Rojas over the scoreboard and left for his third home run of the season and the Dodgers lead h six to one. A slider hung right over the plate and Miguel did not miss it. No doubter for Miguel Rojas, four hundred and ten feet to left.
Speaker 3: Third home run of the season for Miguel Rojas, that one a solo shot in the six, Dodgers up six to one, and then in the seventh, more runs from the Dodgers. They had one of those crooked numbers, a three spot put up in the inning, Tommy Emon RBI single, Miguel Rojas back at it again a sack fly scoring ta Oscar, Dodgers up eight to one. Then Dalton Rushing got into the fun with an RBI single to make it a nine to one Dodgers lead. They'd go on a winning by a final of ninety three. Justin Robleski picks up his tenth win of this season as the Dodgers scored nine runs on fourteen hits.
Speaker 5: They had five more walks in the game.
Speaker 3: Last night multi hit game for Andy Pajes, Randy Freeman, Mookie Betts, who's now hitting two forty four on this season, and Tommy Edmond who goes four to five with the home run in four ribies. Tommy Eban, who missed the first seventy three games of the season with an ankle surgery, his now red hot since coming back. He had a hit in the fifth. He added an RBI single in the seventh. You heard the three run home run. Tommy Edmond now batting three to ninety five with a four to fifty two on base percentage.
Speaker 5: Dodgers red hot. They win again.
Speaker 3: They're now seven to one on this road trip, which ends tonight in West Sacramento.
Speaker 5: They're fifty six and thirty.
Speaker 3: The Padres have already lost today, So the Dodgers as we speak, twelve and a half games up in the l West going into play, and it's a bullpen game for Dave Roberts. Win number one thousand last night. Looks to tack on more beginning tonight. Jack Dryer on the mount first pitches six forty and with more lands head out to the galloping forod broadcast booth this week. Say hello to Tim Nevertet and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 2: Beautiful night for a ball game here in the capital city of California, West Sacramento, across the river from Sacramento, where the Dodgers wrap up this three game set with the Athletics. The Dodgers fifty six and thirty, best record in Major League Baseball, they won seven of the last eight, and with the Padres being blown out by the Cubs today twenty three to three, the Dodgers start tonight twelve and a half games up in the division, their largest division lead since the twenty ninth of September twenty twenty four. That season was finished ninety eight and sixty four, when they were twenty six over five hundred.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers best road record in Major League Baseball as well at thirty and sixteen, and they have won thirteen of the last seventeen. With this athletics ball club, the a's forty and forty six. They are four games out, sitting in fourth place right now in a tight Al West race, but they've been on a bit of a skid lately, losing eight of the last ten, and they have given up a ton of runs.
Speaker 8: During that stretch.
Speaker 2: Tonight, jt Gain, a right hander, goes He's been their best pitcher six and four with a three point fifteen ERA, and it'll be a bullpen game tonight with Jack Dryer, the lefty, being the opener, and then Charlie Barnes called up from TRIPLEA. He will take down a number of innings after dryer, and then we'll see what happens with the bullpen after that. But well, this has been a good series for the Dodgers, certainly last night David Roberts gets his one thousandth win and Justin Robuski picked up his tenth win of the season, and he does it before the All Star break. The guys just keep on hitting. Fourteen hits last night, seventeen hits the night before.
Speaker 4: Well, they've done it in very fine fashion as well as seven to one of this road trip where they've outscored the fozy teams, the Twins, the p Andres, and now the A's fifty one runs to twenty six in that period of time. So congratulations to Ribleski. Who would have thought that Justin Rableski would have ten of victories before the All Star break. He still has one more start before that area. And congratulations to Dave Roberts, the sixty ninth manager in Major League Baseball history to reach one thousand victories, and he's the fastest to ever achieve that level also in the history of this great game. And he had a very nice speech to give to his ball club in the locker room. Afterwards, they toasted him, He toasted them and all in all a very good evening for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And a little bit on that because typically when somebody reaches a milestone, like a milestone head or ten years of service time, it's Dave Roberts that always initiates a little champagne celebration in the clubhouse. Last night it was Freddie Freeman and Miguel Rojas who initiated it for their manager.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Dave, I mean, he just was very honest, he says. I think back on how nervous that he was, admittedly soon the very first game that he managed well, he has managed them very well. And congratulations again to Dave Roberts. Since he's taken over the Helm, this organization, Dodge's organization has stood very tall and the expectations have not diminished at all with him at the Helm.
Speaker 2: Well, he's looking to get a head start on his second thousand wins tonight against the Athletics. It'll be Jack Dryer getting the start. He'll pitch the first inning. Charlie Barnes just called up. We'll pitch after him.
Speaker 7: J T.
Speaker 2: Gin the right hander going for the age lineups and first pitch not too far.
Speaker 5: Away, Tim, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: As we counting down the first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's beats and chackin and mojos right now at Shakey's dot Com. We're off and running here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday and night. Coming up, David Vay checks in throughout the hour, he goes hi and tie with the manager branding the general manager, Brandon Gums. We hear from the dot your manager Dave Roberts coming up in about ten minutes. Mister one thousand, latest on the injury front coming up as well, your Dodger's magical moment.
Speaker 5: Charlie Steinders stops by.
Speaker 3: But up next you're Tani Rewind and Kirsen Watson from Sports and at LA.
Speaker 5: We'll visit with her as.
Speaker 3: We lead you up to Dodgers and the Athletics from West Sacramento on this Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kay, thanks for being with.
Speaker 3: This hearing you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting the game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Athletics from West Sacramento. Jack Dryer the opener, J t Kin the young pitcher going for the Athletics.
Speaker 5: First pitch cent for six forty.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewinde O'tani swings the first pitch, He rolls it slowly past the picture and he'll beat it out for a hit. And there must have been something about that basketball he really liked. After a one pitch out going after that pitch, but he ends up with an infield single shoe.
Speaker 3: Heltani last night one for four on base twice, including a walk, now hitting two ninety six on the season with a four to twelve on base percentage. As show, Heyotani and the Dodgers last night's a nine three victory of the Athletics to give Dave Roberts career win number one thousand.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from West Sacramento. Brought to by Cars for Kids donating now with Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with the Game before we get into tonight's game. Kirisen Last night a special night for Dave Roberts' career win number one thousand as the Dodgers manager, and you had.
Speaker 5: The honor of talking to him right after the game. That was kind of cool.
Speaker 10: It was amazing, and you know, he's obviously such a special man and what he has done with this organization and the success that he has had. He's the fastest manager to get two one thousand career wins just in his tenure.
Speaker 5: And you know, it was a.
Speaker 10: Amazing because immediately after it happened, you saw just the excitement in the dugout of all of his coaching staff, how they were supporting him, how he was of course returning that favor because he was adamant that as much as it's a stat that's going to be under his name as an individual line, it's a stat that requires so many people to be involved. It's his entire coaching staff and how they care for this organization. It's the players and how they show up and play for each other and for him, And so he was saying that it's just this is bigger than him, but you could.
Speaker 5: See the appreciation that he had.
Speaker 10: Of course, per usual, gave everyone there high five and handshakes in the in their victory line, and then his wife was able to come up from San Diego and right in the front row with some family friends. So you could just see how happy he was to share this really special moment with all the people that he cares so deeply about and to be celebrated. You know, It's funny. I was talking to his wife after and I was sharing how even at one point on the broadcast, we were kind of like, we feel like we're acting like he's retiring, but he's obviously not. It's just this is such a remarkable achievement, and it's that reminder that people do need to receive their flowers in the moment, and he has done such a good job of that for his team, for his players when they're reaching their milestones. And I know we talked about it yesterday, how many players you've seen just recently hit these career numbers and these round numbers, and how he's constantly giving that toast and that celebration. So for him to be the guy to receive it, both Miggy and Freddie spoke last night to recognize him, so very special things. But yeah, it was awesome to witness I really must say no.
Speaker 8: Doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Tonight, the Dodger's going with a bullpen game and first up the left tender, Jack Dryer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so Jack will be out here to set the tone, and you know it doesn't seem like it's going to be a true traditional bullpen game. Yes, they've got Jack, but behind him they made a move. So Charlie Barnes is here. He was brought up from chiple A, ok See. And he's actually recently pitched here. He pitched here on June nineteenth, so just last month. Crazy to say that none that it's July versa, but just last month, a few weeks ago, he had pitched here a really solid line, only gave up one run, a couple walks, but ultimately he was able to navigate. Because as we have seen, it's a bit of a hitters park here, so it can be a little bit tricky. But he is someone who was actually built up. His last outing was five and two thirds, so he is someone Dave said that they're gonna let him go for as long as as long as he can, for as he can execute his pitches. And then, obviously because of what Justin Robleski did last night.
Speaker 5: The bullpen isn't a really good spot.
Speaker 10: They've been able to stay away from guys just of course, also to considering what the hitters have done in the offense. So they do feel like they're in a really good spot also not only just for to get through today, but to set them up for the Padres this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's a big series coming up this Fourth of July weekend. But take care of business tonight and no doubt about that. Finished off this long road trip with a win. Theyked curiously, what'll check out you after the game? Still to come here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper and this pitching matchup we'll hear from the general manager Brandon Gomes. But up next an injury report and will hear from mister one thousand himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Athletics. First pitch from West Sacramento at six forty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Oh do you know?
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long, good Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Athletics one final time as Marongo Casino or Dodgers on Deck continues leading up to first pitch on this Wednesday night Morongo Casino resorted spot. It's a Grand Slam for good times. Jack Dryer the opener tonight first pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers injury report present at.
Speaker 3: My UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Trina on the IL with the elbow inflammation. Will Smith still in the IL with that neck inflammation that he suffered in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Dave Roberts alluding earlier that doesn't sound like he's gonna be back until after the All Star break.
Speaker 5: Tyler gl now as well. We're trying to.
Speaker 3: Work his way back from the lower back stiffness. Blake Snell is trending in the right direction. You're gonna throw some bullpen sessions and start going out and getting some innings underneath his belt in the minor leagues. Edwin Diaz trending in the right direction, so is Evan Phillips. Sounds like he is the closest to returning to helping out with this Dodger's bullpen. Let's head back up to West Sacramento and check in with mister one thousand, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: The questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Jack will open for us, and then the thought is Charlie will probably just come into the game in the second inning and take down as many outs as he cant.
Speaker 10: You look at just kind of what he can provide.
Speaker 5: What do you know about him that you can share with us, you.
Speaker 11: Know, honestly, not a whole lot. I know he's a strike thrower. You know, haven't seen much of them at all, So I'm kind of to be learning and watching with everyone.
Speaker 1: You like, I just know how the offense has been performing.
Speaker 10: What kind of opportunity can they provide to give him run support with how they've been playing together right now?
Speaker 11: Well, Gain has been you know, one of their better guys as far as starters all year, good quality right handed arm. So I think for us it's I've set the lineup to beat the starter and hopefully get to that bullpen early, which we've done a good job of so far the series and we got you know, we haven't seen them, so it's going to be a good challenge for.
Speaker 3: Us tonight day.
Speaker 12: This is only the second bullpen game you've had to run this year compared with last year when that was a fairly regular thing. Have you kind of seen that, like have a good impact on the pitching staff this year and how how rested everyone is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, it's I think for one particular game, a bullpen game is not a bad idea because you can maximize matchups, but it's just hard to sustain. We've gotten very good pitching, starting pitching in particular all year long. Guys given us innings and obviously we've lost a couple of starters, but the guys like Roki and Emmett and Robo obviously have done a great job in their own rights. And so yeah, so there haven't been many of these bullpen games. And with that, our bullpen's been in really good shape all season long.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. Yeah, just the second opener to start a game for the Dodgers this year. While we continue here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck who we will.
Speaker 5: Check in with David Vese get you all the latest.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento on this Wednesday night. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 7: Dodgers on Jack on the official home of l Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Athletics Jack Dryer on the Mountain.
Speaker 5: He is the opener in a bullpen game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpoto born in La made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your plate, El Pato Gourmet and.
Speaker 1: A can Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV special moment last night for Dave Roberts, mister one thousand, his one thousand's career MANAGERI will win And after the game, the players took care of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after you know Kershawn milestones, after Freddy got his twenty five hundredth hit the floor is usually that players and they get the uh the flute glasses out for a champagne toast, and last night it was their manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: Turn from my first day when I had butterflies and I was nervous and the game was speeding up on me. Where I can just sit back and have the hands off the wheel and just let you guys be yourselves and play good quality baseball. That's the biggest joy for me, and that's the biggest accomplishment. So I know it's a thousand wins for me. I can't thank you guys enough for doing this, Alex, your staff, but I honestly, honestly for you guys, the coaches, the front office, gomers rep the front office, all the players that played for me for eleven years. I raise a glass to every single one of you guys, and thank you so much for making me a great coach. And what I always tell our coaches, what makes a great coacher manager great players.
Speaker 5: So cheers to you guys.
Speaker 8: Cheers.
Speaker 6: That was the scene the toast after the game last night. Dave Roberts becoming the fastest manager in baseball or modern baseball history, to reach one thousand wins, and certainly he's had a lot of great players and he can thank Andrew Friedman for all that.
Speaker 3: No, duh, Davis brought you by Ford Ford to celebrating the four July with employee pricing for everyone. That's American value for American values. Don't wait, hurry into your Southern California four dealer today or visit by fourd now dot com and drive home your best deal. We flipped the calendar to July DV but it kind of feels like the Dodgers have been on the road.
Speaker 1: For a long time.
Speaker 6: Tim the Dodgers only had nine home games in the month of June. They're going to have a ten game homestand starting tomorrow night. That shows you the schedule makers and what they did to the Dodgers in June. Only nine home games, and that did not face the Dodgers as they are on the brink of sweeping the Sacramento A's tonight. But in the month of June alone, in those road games in Arizona, in Pittsburgh, on the south side of Chicago at the beginning of this road trip, sweep in the Twins, taking two out of three from the Padres. All in all, in the month of June, with only nine home games, the Dodgers were twelve and six on the road and have a large lead, the largest lead in any division in baseball this year. They're twelve and a half games ahead of both the Padres and Diamondbacks and looking to make it thirteen over San Diego if they win tonight before the Padres come to LA for a four game series starting tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's certainly gonna be fireworks the next four days, no pun intend especially with the fourth of July coming up. David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. David's gonna go one on.
Speaker 5: One with the general manager, Branding Gomes. That's coming up.
Speaker 3: Also coming up, we'll dive deeper to this pitching manship. We've got your magical moment thone. Next when we return Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento. I'm Tim Katson. This the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers, hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Hanson Dodgers and Athletics one final time from West Sacramento.
Speaker 5: Jack Dryers. Your opener, J. T.
Speaker 3: Ginn is going to go for the Athletics first pitching Sacramentos coming up SX forty dogs.
Speaker 8: Here about dog who wants.
Speaker 5: A hot con.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical moment.
Speaker 7: It's magical Magical presents it by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well we go back to nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: What a glorious year it was for the Los Angeles Dodgers made it to the World Series Oral. Herscheizer got the start in Game five, up with the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Dodgers looking to close out the Beash Brothers.
Speaker 14: And Tony Phillips in the count three and zero, Hersheiser has come back.
Speaker 1: He has a three and two.
Speaker 14: The fans do getting on their feet. Mc wig wags a sign out, Hershiser wines and the three to two pitch doock came out.
Speaker 1: Heptober hed Dodgers on the.
Speaker 9: World Champion show the Dodgers for showing the pail.
Speaker 14: Hersheizer reached back.
Speaker 15: Then he picked up as much as he possibly could whatever strength that he had, and Hersheiser shrinks up Tony Phillips.
Speaker 14: After gone three balls in those strikes.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers on the field.
Speaker 14: The presses there.
Speaker 1: They're the world champions of the World and what a year.
Speaker 3: The late great Don Drysdale on the call, Oral Hersheizer capping off a complete game two runs, four hit, struck out nine as the Dodgers defeated the Oakland A's five to two to win the nineteen eighty eight World Series. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 3: But we can take you here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on DEBT. We'll check in with Charlie Steiners. We're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento. I'm Tim Kakson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 3: Low Dodgers Athletics. Jack Ryer is the opener for the Dodgers and what is a bullpen game? Time now for the Brison startup. As we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game Now Verizon you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal for Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 16: All right, tim game eighty six on the first of July and the Dodgers at fifty six and thirty twenty six games over five hundred more than a half in front of the Padres in Arizona. The Padres got crushed today in Chicago twenty three to three. The Athletics, on the other hand forty and forty six. There are four games out of first place in the American League West behind the Texas Rangers. Going to be a bullpen game for the Dodgers tonight, beginning with Jack Dryer.
Speaker 8: JT.
Speaker 16: Ginn is going for the A's Monday Night the Dodgers nine runs and seventeen hits against the A's last night nine runs and fourteen hits. As Dave Roberts won his one thousandth career game, he's the fastest to reach one thousand victories in history. In sixteen hundred and five games, his winning percentage six twenty three, and he is three hundred and ninety four games over five hundred bo it's just time to tip our cap to Dave Roberts and the job he has done from day one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and from day one. I go back to day one in spring Trint. That came on in that very first meeting. He said, guys from the other Doug, I remember he was Buddy Black's bench coach with San Diego. He said, observing you play the game, you can play it much better, in particular of running the bases when I was a challenge of his issue, and he made a statement that very first day, and he has stood by it. And for Dave Roberts, congratulations because that is not an easy feed. As you mentioned, he's the quickest to ever reach one thousand victories in the history of this great game.
Speaker 16: What is it that sets him apart as you view him from the booth with us as you do.
Speaker 8: As a former player.
Speaker 16: He's got special gifts that make him stand apart, But numbers say.
Speaker 4: That, Charlie, you and I have talked about this.
Speaker 14: I think over the years.
Speaker 4: You know he has the knowledge. Yes, he's played the game, and he played the game the right way. He understands the fundamentals to begin with, so he's very well equipped on that area. I think you and I can both agree. He also has a unique ability to read people, and by that I'm talking about being able to read the guy that maybe needs a pat on the that's in uniform, maybe going through a tough time. He reads people very well, understanding. He said, Hey, this guy, maybe I need to irritate him a little bit more, Maybe I need to challenge him do things.
Speaker 8: In fact, i'le to make this statement.
Speaker 4: I see some semblance of Tomulu sorta being able to do that, reading people, knowing how to motivate people and encourage him to be better than they ever thought that they could possibly be.
Speaker 16: Did you see that coming when we first met him eleven years ago? We knew him, of course as a coach in San Diego, as a player through the years.
Speaker 8: What did you see from the get.
Speaker 16: Go again eleven years later, so we can look in retrospect, what did you see that?
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't know the type of manager. I thought it was a wonderful speech that did Dave. It was even speech, It was a talk, and he opened up his heart last night in the locker room to his teammates, the guys that really carried the load, and Dave started out and saying, look, I didn't swing the bat once, I didn't throw the bat, throw the ball once. I didn't catch the ball once. But I'm understanding. I'm now able to take pleasure and watch you guys play. He admitted that his very first game as a manager, he had butterflies.
Speaker 8: He goes.
Speaker 4: But one of the big things he's been able to do now is to slow the game down as a manager. And we talked so many times about players being able to slow the game down. Well, Dave Roberts is able to slow it down as a manager. And the couple with that with fundamentally he understands how to play the game. He's passionate about the game. He's passionate about people, and he reads people very very well. Other than that, oh, it's just another who hum game for Dave Roberts. But I thought last night was absolutely marvelous. I thought his speech we saw going back and forth, and then the players toasted their manager as well. That means a lot.
Speaker 16: Since he became manager of the Dodgers, his record the Dodgers record is one thousand and six hundred and five, so in that time the Dodge are two hundred and six games better than the Giants, two hundred ten and a half games, better than the Padres, two hundred and twenty three games in front of the Diamondbacks, three hundred and sixteen and a half games in front of the Rockies. He has been good. His teams have been great. And here they are with the best record at baseball, looking to come home. And who do they face tomorrow night, first of the homestand the San Diego Padres, Dodgers and the A's coming right up?
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie, thank you mo. As we lead you out to first pitch. Dodger Fans. Dodgers Baseball was sent by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: We're going to get you the keys of the game.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper to this pitching match with the Dodgers going with the bullpen game tonight. But I'm next high and tight with the general manager Brandon Gomes.
Speaker 5: You learn from Gomer. Next Dodgers Athletics first pitch of six forty.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 7: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Leaning up to Dodgers and Athletics Jack Dryer the opener for the Blue in the final game of this series and West Sacramento, final game of this nine game road trip for the Dodgers. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 5: Win It's game night, it's group night, and Shakey's not coming.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This it is high and tight.
Speaker 6: We had a chance to catch up with Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes and we took inventory of the Dodgers first half and what the Dodgers may be thinking about as we get closer to the August third trade deadline.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's been a fun group and obviously playing good baseball. And I can't believe that when the All Star break is right around the corner.
Speaker 18: So a lot of good stuff so far.
Speaker 6: I know everybody is never satisfied around here, but how comfortable do you feel where things stand with the team right now?
Speaker 17: Comfortable is not a term that we generally use. Feel really good about where guys are at right now, and you know, trend lines on a lot of them as well. Plus you know, looking forward over the next month or two, getting some guys that have been down for a bit some reinforcements to join us, so, you know, all things consider playing well. The guys are really stepped up with you know, some injuries along the way, and it's been good opportunities for different different guys. But you know, the overall outlook of the team right now really solid and hopefully looking to.
Speaker 18: Improve as the next couple of months come around to.
Speaker 6: How comfortable are you with the way Dave Roberts, Mark pryor Freddie Freeman helped kind of get the emotions back in check last Wednesday with Rushing and Otani.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's a it's a beautiful thing that this group is, you know, so tightly knit and obviously you know Doc leading the leading the charge.
Speaker 18: You know, all anybody cares about his winning and knowing that.
Speaker 17: Egos get set aside and everybody is here to make each other as good as they possibly can. Be and this is uh, you know, there's these these guys are brothers. They spend a lot of time together, so you know you're gonna have some uh stuff when when you're around competitors like this.
Speaker 18: And you know, the way it was navigated was excellent in my opinion.
Speaker 6: All of us, even on the media side, that are around Dalton Rushing every day. He's got such a big heart, He's such a great guy. Can you set the record straight for perception versus reality of who he.
Speaker 14: Is for us?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean he's one of the nicest human beings I've been around.
Speaker 17: I think, you know, this question comes up like I would have Rush babysit my kids and feel.
Speaker 1: Great about it.
Speaker 17: So uh, you know, I think he's just an intense competitor and when the juices get flown, guys get caught up in the moment sometimes, so you know, it's a lot easier to calm down the intense competitor than to try to bring it out as somebody. So it's much we'd much prefer to have that, and we'll take it as a good learning moment and you know, moving forward it will be in a better place because of it.
Speaker 6: Brandon gom Stotts GM is our guest, and the trade deadlines not until August third, Is it too early to think about that, Brandon? As far as what conversations you may be having behind the scenes, is it a little premature for people to start talking about a trade deadline that is pretty far away?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, obviously everybody likes to tie.
Speaker 17: It's a good news cycle and trying to understand what you know, each team, where they're gonna be in standings, and what the team needs are.
Speaker 18: You know, as we stand here today, you.
Speaker 17: Know, with the guys coming back, which will probably be around that time, you know, it's gonna be hard to go out and acquire better players than what we actually already have in house. And a lot of you know, our aggression in the past few off seasons is to avoid the deadline and be paying a huge premium for you know, rental players or guys that you know it may not be as good as you already have in house. So a lot of it is wait and see, see on the next you know, a couple of weeks, month or two play out. But with the current team we have and the guys that are coming back, we feel really good about this group, and that we're more than a championship caliber type of team.
Speaker 6: Back to back World Series champions and yet it seems like you have the most assets of any team because of your drafting, your development, so many great young players in your farm system. I would imagine that's unusual where teams want what you have when you're in this position.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we're very fortunate.
Speaker 17: We have such an amazing scouting group PD, you know, and part of you know, an aggressive ownership group is to be able to go out and get guys in the offseason and not necessarily have to dip into your farm system to go out and get players.
Speaker 18: So, you know, it's a true organizational win.
Speaker 17: To be able to have the prospects that we have right now, and you know, the rankings that we have, and you get to hopefully watch these guys develop and play out.
Speaker 18: And come up and impact a major league team over you know.
Speaker 5: The next few years.
Speaker 17: And you know, it's always striking the balance between winning championships now in long term. And you know, like I said, right now, the current group that we have here in the big leagues, we feel great about going out and trying to run a third championship in a row, so we'll continue to assess what it looks like on the market and if there's a meaningful upgrade somewhere. We've shown that we're not afraid to do that, but feel great about this current group.
Speaker 6: Brandon, thanks a lot for the time, and thank you on behalf of everybody because we have a front row seat to such a special time and Dodger your history and to see this team still be as hungry as ever to go for a three pets really special.
Speaker 5: So thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: David there, he is.
Speaker 6: Tim, Dodgers GM, Brandon Gomes.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot, DV, thank you, Gomer.
Speaker 3: Leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Athletics on this Wednesday night. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Athletics from WES Sacramento on this Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 7: Forty and now before the Dodgers hit the din we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. JT. Gain on the mound. He is six and four with a three fifteen er.
Speaker 3: The twenty seven year old right hander, former first round pick of the Dodgers in twenty eighteen out of high school in Mississippi, elected to go to college and not time with the Dodgers back then. He was then a second round pick in twenty twenty by the New York Mets out of Mississippi State. He was traded to the Athletics in twenty twenty two. Made his major league debut two years ago, making his sixteenth start this year. He began the season with the bullpen, made three relief appearances before moving to the starting rotation on April tenth. He is six and four to two to ninety eight r RAY in its fifteen starts in the month of June three and one with a two three seventy two r RAY and five starts last time out six innings, three runs, eight hits, five strikeouts again on May eighteenth, twenty twenty six. This year, carried a no hitter through eight innings against the Angels that was broken up with this leadoffs single the ninth in Zach netto a walk off two run home run. How things can change quickly when you have a no no and all of a sudden you lose a game two to one.
Speaker 5: This is his first time facing the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Jack Dreyer is the opener for the Dodgers, and what is a bullpen game? Remember show Yo Tani scheduled to start today, but it was aw well before yesterday that he would be pushed back until Friday.
Speaker 5: So Jack Dryer is the opener.
Speaker 3: The twenty seven year old left hander in his second season three to one with the three fifty one ERA thirty three and a third innings pitch. This season, he has made thirty three appearances, none as an opener. This is his first one this year, twenty six scoreless outings. He last pitched on Monday in West Sacramento two thirds of an inning, no runs, no hits, one strikeout, one walk. After Jack Dryer, Charlie Barnes, the thirty year old left hander, will come in. He will take down the bulk of the Indians. Recall from Triple A Oklahoma City. He has two scoreless appearances with one strikeout for the Dodgers in his previous start a previous appearance with the Dodgers when he was called up. He's been in the major league's parts of two season with the Twins, Cubs and Dodgers. Oh in three with the five eighty six r and forty innings combined. Former fourth round pick of the Twins back in twenty seventeen. Dodgers and Athletics. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. He's to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Athletics. Jack Dryer your opener to nil. See Charlie Barnes recall from Triple A Oklahoma City. Take down a bulk of the Indians. Afterwards, first pitch coming up at six point forty. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts a great moment Star with Saporo Beer.
Speaker 5: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Sporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer, Sapporo, good Wiz, sushi, great with baseball. It's head back up to West Sacramento one final time before first pitch, Tim never Rickmond, I guess damn, thanks again.
Speaker 2: We're getting you ready for the first pitch of this one here in West Sacramento at Sutter Health Park. Really nice night here, you know, temperatures in the eighties will cool off a little bit later. Little breeze going out toward left field here, and the Dodgers will jet out of here right after the ball game, get to Los Angeles and start a four game set with the Padres Tomorrow night at home as they begin a long homestand tomorrow night, but business to take care of here with a possible sweep at hand. Jack Dryer will be the opener. Dodgers will use the left he to start the ballgame. And then they made a roster move. Wyatt Mills, who was called up, pitched last night one inning, struck out the side.
Speaker 8: He was sent back to Oklahoma City today to make.
Speaker 2: Room for left handed Charlie Barnes, who will come out of the bullpen and pitch a bunch of the innings. Barnes has had big league time with the Minnesota Twins and the Chicago Cubs a little earlier this year with the Cubs, but he is now with the Dodgers, and he'll get the bulk of the innings.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers think tonight.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, do not take the A's for granted tonight. Oh yes, they won the first two games of this series and did not take j T Gin lightly either, And there's a couple of reasons for it. First of again, six and four ERA just barely above three, but he's allowed just the two twenty two batting average against. Here's the other part, too, is found a way to shut off the running stream of other ball clubs by runners in scoring position. It's the fifth lowest starters in baseball. It's only a one forty five batting average against. But speaking of runners in scoring position, the Dodgers on this road trip collectively hit three seventy five in those spots.
Speaker 2: And very very good JT Gain, the right hander for the A's, Jack Dryer than Charlie Barnes for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: In the third and final game here in West Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Tim all Right first pitches next Dodgers again, going into play twelve and a half games up in the division, they can add another half game with a win over the Athletics.
Speaker 5: Tonight's bullpen game.
Speaker 3: For the Dodgers showy Otani stepped into the box when we come back though as a designated hitter and join everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kaks and this has been wrong with Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network