Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're going to running back to.
Speaker 4: Get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 3: Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasse with you until eleven o'clock tonight here on Am five to seventy LA Sports. After the Dodgers and the Mets their six straight loss with a four to nothing shout out win behind a great pitch game by Justin Robleski, who did not get the double digit strikeouts, but he did throw strikes and he did not walk anybody. Two strikeouts, no walks, and he kept his infield and aged. And that was the recipe for success, to be efficient and to last eight innings in tonight's game throwing only ninety pitches. After what we saw yesterday compared to what we saw today, that's the difference between a guy that belongs in the major leagues and a guy that is still trying to develop. And I think it speaks for itself the difference we saw from yesterday starting pitcher compared to tonight's starting pitcher, and everybody obviously can see that. But it was great to have a well pitched game by Justin Robleski after an off day for the Dodgers' staff. Roki Sasaki not a great day pitching, has not thrown strikes all season long, and Robleski maybe showed them, you know, how to attack the strike zone. Robleski certainly was a breath of fresh air tonight for the Dodgers after going eight scoreless innings and something that you know, he's never done before in his professional career, majors or minor leagues, because if you look at Robleski's career, he had not gone more than seven innings in his minor or six innings in his minor league career, and he hadn't gone more than seven innings before in his career either. Six innings in his major league career was his high. Seven innings in his minor league career was his high. He did that twice. So doing what he did tonight, he had never done before, so certainly, certainly a career night for Justin Robleski. And like I mentioned during the Clubhouse Show, this guy's been really good for the Dodgers ever since he got called back up from the minor leagues halfway through last season. He came back throwing strikes. If you watch him, he's not really out of a wind up. It seems like he's straddling the pitching mound there, and it's short, it's compact to the plate, it's deceptive, and that's part of the success.
Speaker 3: And he attacks the strike zone.
Speaker 2: He misses barrels, and he got a lot of ground balls tonight, a lot of ground ball outs.
Speaker 3: A lot of double plays.
Speaker 2: Rojas was spectacular at shortstop months he made two or three really good plays at third base. Santiago Espinal had a nice double play to end the fifth inning.
Speaker 3: And really the Dodger.
Speaker 2: Infield helped out Robleski tonight, and he helped them out by keeping the pace up after a laborious day yesterday where the Dodger pitching staff combined to throw one hundred and ninety nine pitches and walk ten batters. So that's not going to keep your outfield and infield engaged, but certainly a great night for Justin Robleski. Let's head downstairs to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from tonight's winning pitcher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think a big water emphasis for me is just trying to keep it as simple as I can.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've got a really good lineup and and kind of looking through this skuying report, they got a lot of good guys in that lineup, mainly those I think it was four or five, six wherever that like with Polanco and all those guys that laying they hit left these pretty well. So it's just being cognizant of that and knowing where we're at. But I think without runners on base, I think for me it's let's just attack and see where we're at. Yeah, Like the game plan was just go out there as always and throw a lot of strikes and kind of keep them off balanced by using my stuff. And that's that's where we were.
Speaker 6: One of the number of thoth games we'll ever have is a big League released.
Speaker 3: H what's the feeling, like, what are you feeling right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel good, you know, I'm hoping there's there's plenty of other opportunities like that, to to get a complete game. That's kind of something that I think is really cool, and you know, not a lot of people do it anymore so, and I think, you know, that's the most ups I've ever had in a game. So you know, I'm gonna try to keep building and get myself on the spot where hopefully, hopefully I can complete some of those, and that's that's kind of the goal for me. And that's something I think is really cool. When you are getting clouts, I think the key is just to keep attacking doing the same stuff. I don't think there's any like secret to it. I think, you know, again, I think a lot of it's a lot of being a good picture and preventing runs is kind of knowing where you're at in the game or where you're in the lineup. And I think for me, we had we had a four and lead, we we you know, we're hitting the ball well, so just kind of being like, all right, now we got this four and lead, let's attack. And I think that's again, like always a goal for me. You didn't give up to the first hit up of the fifth inning, No hit or perfect game across your mind at.
Speaker 6: All, I knew.
Speaker 5: I knew it was happening. Like I think for me, you know, I get through that fourth or whatever, and I'm there, and but again I think, like for me, I've just just had down keep doing the same stuff. I'm not, you know, actively going out there and trying to throw no hitter, you know what I mean. I think, you know that's something that just happened if you execute, and yeah, I think you know, he got that hit, And then I don't think there was any different feelings or like, oh man, I lost, Like I'm not thinking about stuff like that. I'm just thinking about how can I get these hitters out because they're a really good team.
Speaker 2: That and it was Jorge Polanco one out single in the fifth inning, and he was erased by a double play hit by Francisco Alvarez to in the fifth inning. So going into the eighth inning, Robleski had only given up one hit and then gave up another one in the eighth inning too, Francisco Alvarez ironically. But yeah, there was a lot of talk about, man, I wish he could have had that Jorge Polanco hit back, considering where he was and who knows how he attacks the rest of the night after that, or the eighth inning at least east after that. But certainly there was talk about at that point in the sixth seventh inning that you know, that was only the only hit against Robleski tonight, And quite honestly, hits have not been very easy to come for for this Mets lineup, that is, without Jan Soto for at least two more weeks with a cap strain. The Mets are eight for their last sixty four and have not scored a run in their last twenty innings. Yeah, the Mets, with a half a billion dollar payroll, are eight for their last sixty four and haven't scored a run in their last sixty haven't scored a run in their last twenty innings. They've lost six in a row and are now seven and ten. So there was a lot of talk coming into tonight's game with us some articles out there talking about how this is the most expensive series a pay round that Baseball has ever seen, which is true, over a billion dollars worth of payroll in this series between the Dodgers and Mets. But you look at this Mets lineup and you wonder where did their half billion dollars go? Did it go to Mark Vientos, Oh, that's right. They signed Francisco Lindor to a big contract.
Speaker 3: Did it go.
Speaker 2: To Tommy Fam They just had to call up thirty eight year old Tommy Fam. They traded Brandon Nimmo for Marcus Simeon two exchanges for contracts, and Neimo's a better offensive player than Simeon. I'm trying to find out where all that money went. And you look at the Dodgers lineup, It's an all star lineup o Tani, Tucker Smith, ta Oscar Hernandez, Freddie Freeman, Pajz Muncie Rojas. You're missing Mookie Betts. And you had a kid that you drafted and developed, Justin Robleski on the mound, who pitched five different games in the World Series last year and didn't give up a run. My point is, I'm so tired of hearing about payrolls. Payrolls do not translate to wins. You have to spend it on the right players. And when you do spend it on players that you found or drafted or developed, you keep them and you spend money on them as well. Yamamoto a twelve year contract worth over three hundred and something million dollars money well spent. Otani money well spent obviously. I mean, the Dodgers have probably more than likely already made up the money that they're going to end up giving Otani after ten years, and he's the greatest player in baseball. Will Smith drafted, developed, rewarded with an extension. Oscar Hernandez. Anybody could have had him two years ago in free agency. The Dodgers signed him to a one year prove it contract. He proved it, and they gave him another contract.
Speaker 3: To reward him.
Speaker 2: Munsey's taken a discount to stay with the Dodgers. Mookie Betts was traded to the Dodgers. They extended him. Freddie Freeman was allowed to walk away and the Dodgers signed him. The Mets decided to prioritize Devin Williams over Edwin Diaz, and Edwin Diaz now is the Dodgers closer. And by the way, Dave Roberts said that Diaz would have been available if there was a safe situation here. So my point is everybody focuses on the money, and look, the money is a huge part of the Dodgers' success. There's no doubt about it. But not just with the player payroll. The one thing a salary cap wouldn't stop is the infrastructure and the staffing. The right staffing, the right infrastructure that the Dodger have built. That's not going to change with a salary cap. But my point is the Mets have thrown over a billion dollars of payroll the last three years and what has it gotten them a loss to the Dodgers that wasn't even close in the NLCS. So you can have money, but you have to have a culture. And this is not just an overnight thing for the Dodgers. Andrew Freeman has built this since twenty fifteen, and Neck Kletti laid the foundation with the resources that he finally had from Guggenheim when they bought the team in twenty twelve. So this is not something that just happened overnight. This has been a thirteen year, fourteen year process and it's gone to a different level the last two years thanks to Otani and Yamamoto, and the Dodgers have maximized the two, specifically Otani and his marketing power to be able to take this to another level. Juan Soto is not moving the needle. Marketing wise for the Mets, he's not. And last year you heard about infighting between Lindor and Soto and Jeff McNeil. Have you ever heard anything close to that in the last ten years with the Dodgers. I mean, the Puig years were tumultuous at times, I'll give you that, But since Puig left the Dodgers, it's been calm waters. You don't hear about Freddie Freeman and Mookie Bets fighting with each other. You hear about them trying to help each other lift each other up. The thing is, Andrew Freeman has brought in the right guys. When you bring in a lot of high priced players, the egos can get in the way. But if you bring in winning players, the only thing that matters is winning, and that's obvious by what we've seen here with the Dodgers. So just to set the record straight on all of that payroll stuff, there's a huge difference in what the Dodgers are doing and what the Mets are doing.
Speaker 3: Tonight's game brought to you by Modello. Modello.
Speaker 2: The mark of a Fighter eight six six two five seventy is the phone number. Had a chance to catch up with Miguel Rojas after a spectacular night three hits and dazzling play at shortstop for the thirty seven year old, Yeah.
Speaker 3: All that create the role.
Speaker 7: To be honest with you, do you know how how much PRI on my defense. That's why it got me here when I was younger. And I feel pretty pretty like pretty.
Speaker 3: Good right now.
Speaker 7: My body's healthy and I can, I guess feel like I can play short So uh, that's that's something that I always gonna be good for when you put me on the field, you always can't count on good defense.
Speaker 3: And that's why, Uh, every time.
Speaker 7: I take the field, I trying to be a defensive, fair guy. And obviously to hey, he got three hits, but I mean all the clay to roll today, attacking the strike zone and and putting.
Speaker 3: The ball in play for us to be active. There is never you.
Speaker 7: Never have so much fun when like someone is a throwing strikes and like the innings are quick and then we feed.
Speaker 3: Off of that. That was a pretty good game, Miguel.
Speaker 2: When you're hitting ninth and you're doing your thing, getting three heads playing defense, what feeds off the other is the defense that feeds off the offense.
Speaker 3: So the offense feeds off the defense.
Speaker 7: Like I said, today was about all about Robleski taking the ball knowing that he needs to attack hitters. He really wants to be a starter, you know. And and the guy showed up today that he can be on the rotation, that he can help us anyway possible. He was used for us last year in the world years, and uh, all the clay for him today because I mean, when you do something like that, you scored early, you scored one wrong. I know we have a lot of opportunities to score more runs. But the often he's been good. You know, we've been having good at bats. I mean, obviously pas been he's been great for us. But to your point, like the bottom, the bottom of the of the order is being amazing this uh the first three or four weeks, and uh we looking forward to continue to row.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go the cleats paying love to your dad and your mom.
Speaker 3: How special is that? It's really special.
Speaker 7: The guys who are working with right now, they really pay attention to details. And as soon as that happened, I didn't know that I was gonna receive this. And now I don't want to take them off, you know. I feel like obviously my family is really important to me and that's why I have a tattoo it on my body. Then nobody eleven means family for me. And uh, now that I don't have my parents, I I just feel like I gotta.
Speaker 3: Find a way to keep honoring.
Speaker 7: Until like I played my last game, because that's what.
Speaker 3: They always want me to do.
Speaker 7: So that's why I didn't take any days because uh, I know I'm gonna be more productive here then then not being with them, They're not They're not with me anymore right here in this uh in this earth. So I know I got a couple of angels up there that that are looking down for me, and they're helping me and gave me staying that I need.
Speaker 3: To no doubt product their son. Thanks Miguel, Thank you.
Speaker 2: There he goes Miguel Rojas a spectacular game and he has come out looking younger than ever. I mean, this is his last season in the big leagues, but he's not playing like it.
Speaker 3: And his cleats are really special.
Speaker 2: You can see them up close on MLB's Instagram account. He's got a picture and the name of his mom on his left foot, on his left shoe and on his right Shoe is his father, who passed away while the team was in Toronto eight six six nine eight seven two five seventies. The phone number Dodgers shut out the Mets tonight foard to nothing. Let's go out to Ronnie and Echo Park. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: Ronnie.
Speaker 8: Hey, David, I really appreciate you putting to sleep this lazy narrative about the Dodgers and their payrolls, but you broke it down, I mean, just perfectly in my opinion. Also wanted to add a little bit to your point. We also got to acknowledge a Dodger fan, year in year out, we go, we attend, and that helps keep the Dodgers relevant, and I just think we should also make that as an add on to your point.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I agree with you, Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I mean, all the players always say that it's easy to get up for a game when fifty thousand plus are cheering you on, and tonight no different. A sellout tonight fifty two thousand, eight hundred and thirty eight on Hello Kitty, Hoodie night or sweatshirt night, whatever you call it, a big night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Either way, We're.
Speaker 2: Going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, more of your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy we'll check in with Jose Mota and you also hear part of my conversation with Alex Bessia. First time we've sat down for an extended conversation this year. So excited to share that with you as well. We're going to eleven o'clock on Dodger Talk. Don't go anywhere. There's more right around the corner. After the Dodgers shut out the Mets four to nothing on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David bassing.
Speaker 9: Person.
Speaker 8: Third, two out, one nothing Dodger the bottom half of the third, Peterson delivers run half fly Paul left down.
Speaker 3: The line having gone three run home run for Andy poheas fifth home run of the year, three run class, He's.
Speaker 2: Got twenty RBI's and the Dodgers have a four to nothing leave.
Speaker 3: That would be the final score.
Speaker 2: Andy pa Has with the big hit with two outs in the third inning, they got to David Peterson finally made him pay, and the Dodgers shut out the Mets tonight, Ford to nothing. Daniel Stewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Steweler's gift card. Visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot com. Use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniel Stewelers owned the dream. That three run home run by Andy paj Has was huge because the Dodgers led David Peterson off the hook in the first inning. They loaded the bases with nobody out. They had one run in, but so many more available to them, but they struck out looking or excuse me, struck He struck out the side freeman looking, and then Pa haz and months he's swinging, and they stranded the bases loaded. They only got one run they should have had more. So that two out, three run home run by Andy pi Has certainly made up for that and kind of made you feel a little bit easier. With the way Robleski was pitching tonight, he goes eight shutout innings to pay up the win and the Dodgers shut out the Mets fod to nothing.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota, the story was justin Roblesky. What a difference from yesterday today as far as the Dodgers starting picture goes.
Speaker 6: What a performance and what a way of teaching us that swings and misses sometimes are totally overrated. How about learning about how a swing is constructed by a team. How the Mets approached the bats being so aggressive, which is going to minimize the amount of pitches you make. So Dave, I think, as you mentioned earlier, we go back to yesterday and today, and the difference is this guy is not afraid of contact. He loves contact. We love weed contact. Think about this today, the Mets swung at twenty nine fastballs, they missed one. Okay, they did not miss any curveballs, and they swung as seventeen fighters they missed three of them. Example of when you put the ball on good location, something good's gonna happen. It doesn't matter who's out there. And for Bletski, the other thing too, obviously the ground balls, which is huge. Keep those guys busy, Nighia Ross, what a great example, how that voluntary lap, Dave, to talk to a guy who's been around the game so long to understand and explain clearly why is a veteran infielder it is important to play behind somebody with a good pace who keeps you involved, keeps you busy, and understands what it is to go out there and work fast too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and ninety nine combined pitches from Dodger pitchers yesterday with ten walks and today, I'm sure that was more of keeping the infielders engaged. And he went out of his way to say that Jose and the Dodgers really take pride in their defense. So much focus on the swings and misses, the offensive power, but the Dodgers are better than most teams to not have their infielders really have to cover that much ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what's important to here, Dave. It's a great point because you know, the outstanding play is going to be apploted through our baseball. It's going to make the highlights everywhere. But the play that gets into the most struggle is a routine play. If you don't make the routine place insistant league. It adds to the inning, it asks to the pitchers pitches, It puts guys on on their heels, and it just is not good baseball. Okay, we all will this strack out when it comes at a point where you need it great, Get destrike a butty and there's nothing better to be be in a rhythm with your pitcher, have your catchup put down the side. So it was like as an infielder, you start anticipating what sign is going to come down and you start moving in that direction. And for the Dodgers, all about positioning is that guys want to be coached. You know a lot of superstar players a lot of times have not been coached because the respect and the you know, the off factor sometimes from coaches. That it happens in baseball. Believe me and Mague baseball. These guys with the Dodgers come into a system where they're be going to be coached no matter what their name is, what their salary is, where the pitcher looks like because they welcome that. Because about positioning, it is not just hey, two steps this way, No, it is explaining to you why making you a better fielder more aware and teaching you at the same time how to read a hitter's tendencies, how to read a pitcher's tendencies. Somebody fastened my beyond today and he's gonna be a little bit late. You moved. But these guys entitle the players to learn and to put him in good spots. Mix Menzy was positioned today perfectly. Four times. Nothing was outstanding, but solid plays that if you don't make them, they hurt you. And that's a big example here tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showed some hops too. He could get off the ground he did.
Speaker 6: I mean, they told about anticipation and when you start walking people and happens you know in games here and they're like yesterday, those plays a lot of times are not made because guys are just waiting and waiting for action and before you know it, it doesn't happen. What cod the Dodgers from the fifteen to five finish last year, all the way through the World Series, it was pitching, It was defense and everything that was involved with it. In run prevention, no doubt.
Speaker 2: They only hit two oh three in last year's World Series, So it was all of that, the base running, the little things that really helped the Dodgers win. Hey, tomorrow, I've been looking at this game for a while, Hose. I feel like this is the game that you want to be at tomorrow. I'm so excited to see this pitching match up between two mid twenty pitchers, obviously Yama Moto more decorated Yama Moto versus Nolan McClain.
Speaker 3: If you're Yama Moto going on, going.
Speaker 2: Up against a slumping Mets team that only has six hits in their last sixty at bats, how do you what do you do? Do you attack them? I mean, what are we going to see tomorrow night? It doesn't get much easier for the Mets.
Speaker 6: I mean attacking spartly though, because when the team is scuffling and a guy that Galla motop does a lot of strikes, they're going to look to go out through and just ambush you. So be smart about where you play the first pitch and start spinning the ball in counts where they're anticipating fastballs. But nonetheless, you know what, he's also a very good ground ball pitcher, even though he's a power pitcher. And what he saw today is one more example saying well I'm not by myself, maybe I'm not chessing caves, but against a team like the Mets, then you have a chance to get ahead and counts and spread this on because now anxiety builds up and you're able to play into more of those holes.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, we'll see out here tomorrow night for that marquee pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: It should be awesome.
Speaker 6: Hey, taco monitis tomorrow, baby, be ready?
Speaker 3: All right? You bringing them?
Speaker 6: Uh yes, all around the station?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I'll look forward to that. Takes a lot, Jose. There he goes, Jose Motor, part of the Spanish radio broadcast. There, good PSA to let us know that there'll be some taco tuesdays around the stadium.
Speaker 3: I'll be sure to go look in aisle. Eighteen eight six.
Speaker 2: Six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers shut out the Mets four to nothing. Let's go out to Buena Park, Sam, he was out here tonight. How you doing, Sam?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm doing great, Dave, especially since I came in the clutch and got one of the last Hello Kitty twitters and normally going through the field level, but I saw people running, dude towards the reserve bottle, so power walk through the escalators and even even though Usher at one of the lines at reserve level was saying, don't go on this line that we're we're out of sweaters.
Speaker 2: So I, uh, what was uh what was more coveted? The Yoshi bobblehead or this Hello Kitty sweater?
Speaker 10: I think I think I think it was about the same because I got to I got the Yoshi you know, uh, the Yoshi bubblehead.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think it's Hello Kitty, to be honest, because the Yoshi bubblehead. I got to the gates at like five fifty forty five and today I got to the gates that like six ten.
Speaker 2: So all right, so I want to ask you this question. Do you come for the game or you coming for the giveaway?
Speaker 10: Oh? I come for both? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you do what I did when I was a kid, and you you select the games that you come to with the giveaways that you really like.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Otherwise, man, our team, I'm looking at a four P dave. We have we have all the level starting pitching, offense, best de one of the best defenses. We have the second fewest errors in the MLB. I mean we could be first in a few days. But man, thanks for taking my call and let's go for that three peat.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Sam, Yeah, let's go for the three peet before you start talking about the four peed for sure.
Speaker 3: But love the enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: Glad you got your Hello Kiddie hoodie, because uh, certainly I felt the buzz. I mean, I take the steps. I don't take the escalator. I gotta get this skinny, fat body moving, so I take the steps from the field level all the way up to the press box level. And yeah, there was that type of energy that we saw for the U she bobblehead. So I'm glad you got yours. Glad you got yours. I'm glad I got my Downy Hunday by the way, got me here on time. What I took a picture I posted on my Instagram. I'm getting a lot of reactions, more reactions than I thought I would. They might be having some fomo because my guy at Downy Hunday, Sam hooked me up, so check him out.
Speaker 3: They took care of me. Dwayne.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could get a new sweater at Uniclo and then go to Downy Hunday and get yourself a new car too. Anyway, I had a chance to Hey, PSA for you, Dwayne, there you go. Anyway, had a chance to catch up with Alex Vesia. We all love Alex Vessio. We all know what he went through last year. First time we had a chance to catch up with him, and here was part of our conversation about pitching and just about the talk about his velocity. The last time he pitched, he recorded the save, got the outs, the talk about Edwin Diaz, his velocity and what the all means in the first two three weeks of the season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that every year is always different.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm, I would say, predominantly a slower starter, right, Yet.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't throw very hard.
Speaker 11: I'm not a you know, I don't blow up the radar gun by by no means, right.
Speaker 9: But I also I also think the way I throw.
Speaker 11: How I throw the vert and the metrics on my fastball is what makes me unique.
Speaker 9: You know. I've feel like I've thrown.
Speaker 11: A fastball at eighty eight this year and I've thrown a fastball at ninety three this year. It's just, you know, for myself, I just try to go out and compete with the best stuff that I have for that day.
Speaker 9: And know that it is early.
Speaker 11: You know what people don't understand is going on road trips where we fly to DC and there's time changes in.
Speaker 9: Toronto and.
Speaker 11: All that stuff affects the body differently, and guys bounce back differently.
Speaker 9: It's it's never the same, you know.
Speaker 11: I wish it was super dry and simple, but it's not. You know, and you know, we we do our best day in and day out. And you know, Diaz is a is a veteran. He's done it for many years, and you know there's not a single doubt in any of our minds that when he goes back out there, whether it's tonight or tomorrow, that.
Speaker 9: He'll be him.
Speaker 3: Is there such a thing still in Baseball.
Speaker 9: Of dead arm?
Speaker 3: I used to hear dead arm a lot.
Speaker 9: So there. I've heard that term this year. One time.
Speaker 11: I think it was with an Angels an him Angels picture. I don't really know, I've never I don't know if I've really ever witnessed that. I know that, you know, there's like body fatigue and arm fatigue, and I understand that, but I don't know really what like dead arm symptoms would be I know what what having a.
Speaker 9: Very fatigued body feels like, you know, and.
Speaker 11: A couple of red bulls and some adrenaline from fifty thousand at Daughter Stadium.
Speaker 9: That that seems to do the trick.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of that, when you first started, you heard the roars for Kennley Jansen when he would come in. But now the roars are equal for Alex Vesia. What does that mean to you with everything that's happened in the last six months to get fans on their feet every night here when you come in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I I feel it, I hear it, I see it. You know, when we're in the bullpen, there's a lot of people have you know, said their condolences and you know, saying that they're rooting for me, and and you know that that's really nice.
Speaker 9: It's and honestly it is a it's a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 11: And you know, there's a lot of love that that's been been spread around the last you know, a few months, and you know, for myself, I just try to, you know, have that fuel the.
Speaker 9: Fire and you know, really.
Speaker 11: Really really you know, let it, let it show out on the mound and you know, do my best and you know, just to put up zeros and and get the guys back in the dugout so they can hit.
Speaker 9: You know, we can win some ball games.
Speaker 11: And you know, it's just it's really nice to be back Excuse me, it's nice to.
Speaker 9: Be back out on the baseball field. Yeah.
Speaker 11: On obviously with everything, it's it's been tough, but having a goal and having.
Speaker 9: The you know, the the.
Speaker 11: Every single player on this team, man, has been the world to me because it's nice for them to joke around and laugh and you know, we have such good personalities on this team that like, that's that's helped.
Speaker 9: Out a lot.
Speaker 2: How great was it to be back on the plane with the boys on that first road trip?
Speaker 9: That was that was awesome. Yeah, that was cool man. We we definitely had a good time.
Speaker 11: And you know, those are those are the memories that you know, I definitely don't take for granted.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I really look forward.
Speaker 11: To that and just it's it's fun to kind of just be yourself and just enjoy those moments. And you know, at the same time, you know, when you go into a game and everyone's rooting for you and you have success, it just makes that that much better.
Speaker 2: There's part of our conversation with Alex Vessie. You can hear the full conversation on the iHeartRadio app and uh. During the entire interview, the biggest smile he got was when he was thinking about that first road trip on the way to Washington, d C. And being on the team, playing with the players. Those are the things that players always say they missed the most when they retire, those type of moments, the clubhouse, the people, and we're so happy to have Alex Vesia back. You know, it's hard to imagine that. Here he is, six seasons in with the Dodgers, has made three hundred and two appearances. He's a back to back World Series champion, and you know, you think back to when he was traded by the Marlins to the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Nobody knew who this guy was.
Speaker 2: They traded Dylan Floro, who got one of the bigger strikeouts in the twenty twenty World Series, to Miami for an unknown Alex Vessia. And Alex didn't have a linear path to stick in the Dodger bullpen. There were some growing pains. He got sent down a couple of different times the first two years with the Dodgers and then figured it out, and here he is now teaching the rookies and the newer guys that come into that bullpen just how to approach things. It's just remarkable when you see a guy's career arc start to finish, and you know, I think we all forget where Alex Vessi has started. He wasn't a finished product when he got here, but here he is now a veteran, a leader in that bullpen along with Blake Trinan and now Edwin Diaz. Part of this bullpen just really special. And of course we all know what him and his wife Kayla went through, and our hearts go out to them even today. But he's come back with a great spirit, a great outlook, and he even has something written in his hat. I didn't want to pry too much about what that is. He can offer that when he wants to. He's got something in his locker that he showed me, that he that he put in there that reminds him. So you know, there's just so many things that inspire him to go on, move forward and be the best he can be. But six years in three hundred and two appearances and such a vital part of this Dodger bullpen. Really really happy to see him back and great to see him smiling again as well. Tomorrow night, game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and Mets, twenty seven year old Yoshi Yamamoto, the World Series MVP, will be back on the mound. He's two and one with an ERA of two point fifty. With rookie twenty four year old Nolan McClain on the mount for the Mets. He's one and one with an ERA of two seventy. He has twenty strikeouts in sixteen and two thirds innings.
Speaker 3: So far this season.
Speaker 2: It is when you hear guys say we miss having those marquee pitching matchups. Well you got one tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers Mets Yama Moto against Nolan McClain. Our coverage begins at six o'clock, first pitch at seven to ten from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks to calling you back at our Burdbank Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it the iHeartRadio app all the other shows do, and that's where they get their show prep content from. This is Where to Be and five seventy LA Sports, your home of the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with you tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, Ben Mallor on Fox Sports Radio, Dodgers shut out the Mets four to nothing behind eight scoreless innings from Justin Robleski and a three run home run by Andy Pajes.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you tomorrow night. See you
Speaker 9: Just as jest ca