Speaker 1: Six seven hundred WLW or at long Necks Ed Wilder. It is the roundtable show Lance, but calister Rocky Boyman, let's jump right into it with our first guest, our regular he covers the Bengals for CLNS Sincy with Ay dot Com, host of the Jungle War podcast on YouTube, the man they referred to as Trags and Mike Petrellia. Imagine how easy it would have been and what it would have been like yesterday had Duke Tobin just walked into the room before Zach and said, guys, I know you're aware of the report. What questions can I answer about my coach, my quarterback and my team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know that's not the standard operating procedure down at pay Course Stadium and it never will be. It's just I mean, that's why you have to understand that part of Zach Taylor's job description is to answer questions to the media for the entire organization, be the face of the organization, if you will. And that's why he gets paid what he does by the Rods and Blackburns to handle, you know, the stuff when it hits the fan. And I will say, and I wrote this on COLNS sinc dot com.
Speaker 3: He handles it with great grace. He handles it with a smile.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get short with us for the most part, and when he does, he's still is pretty polite about it. But that still doesn't answer why he was given a two year or a five year extension again after the twenty twenty two season. Somebody would probably you would think, step forward from the organization and say, well, this is why we extended him twice in the period of two years.
Speaker 3: That's that answer is not going to be forthcoming. Obviously.
Speaker 2: I asked that question yesterday afternoon. Zach was not going to illuminate us as who came about and you know, it's just part of the reality of covering that beat and part of the reality of the way the Bengals do business.
Speaker 3: You accept it and move on.
Speaker 4: So not disclosing the contract would is still ridiculous, but okay, fine, but now it's there.
Speaker 3: It exists.
Speaker 4: The contract extension happened. You asked Zach Taylor about it, and he's not He can't comment on it like it's factual. It exists, Like like what was the in your opinion? Why was he reluctant to even answer.
Speaker 3: That because I don't.
Speaker 2: I think he feels like he was would be betraying the trust of the family that did you know that gave him the extension.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And furthermore, I think he doesn't want to take the chance of speaking out of line, which he kind of alluded to, I don't want to speak for other people in the organization. Well if we don't get a chance to speak to other people in the organization. But just the reason he doesn't want to detail the contract that he signed is because he feels there's there was an agreement between himself, Blackburns and Duke Tobin. And the same can be said for Joe Burrow when he negotiated his mass of two hundred and seventy five million dollar contract extension. They managed to keep that pretty quiet. Jamar Chase and t Higgins. When Rocky Arsenal was negotiating that deal for his two clients with the team, again, the details were very very quiet, and the Bengals successfully over the years have kept things very close to the best.
Speaker 3: And that's just the way they like to do business.
Speaker 2: So Zach Taylor wasn't going to step out aligning with that motus upper.
Speaker 1: And die trags of everything interesting that Joe said yesterday. Was there one thing in particular that caught your ear more than others yesterday?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the obvious is that I think about a lot, or you think about a lot of things. He was speaking in third person when he said it. But Paul Dayner Junior did a fabulous job of asking him if he he's a world where he's not playing with the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Next year, and he said no, I don't.
Speaker 2: But going forward after that and saying, do you see a world where you could play for another team down the road, He's like, you think about a lot of things.
Speaker 3: And then Paul.
Speaker 2: Brought up the fact that you know, there's always seems to be blockbuster moves every once in a while in the NFL, even with the star quarterbacks, Dayton Manning with the Colts going to the Broncos, Tom Brady going from the Patriots.
Speaker 3: To the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: And then you know, Joe Burrow brought up even this year with Micah Parsons being traded right before the season from Dallas to Green Bay. Stuff like that happens, As Joe Burrow said, crazy things happen.
Speaker 3: Well, rd between the lines.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be, you know, that much of a sleuth to understand that he could be referring to Joe Burrow down the road, and sure that could happen down the road if things fall apart, And you know, I'm not going to sit here and speculate that, oh, there's a could be a trade next year or a year after that. I'm not going to do that, And it'd be pretty naive and ridiculous to throw that out there. But if the Bengals don't take care of business, if they don't do what they need to this offseason to address the defense like they did after twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, sure if anything's on the table.
Speaker 4: Attract I know Jamar Chase spoke on Joe Burrow's behalf about Joe Burrow, and you know, maybe some of the answers he gave it to questions, what is the general feeling of other members on the team about Joe Burrow? Has that changed at all? Do they have any other insights that they've shared recently with the struggles of the team and.
Speaker 3: Whatnot, Aside from what Jamar Chase said.
Speaker 2: After the game about you know, maybe he'd like to see changes going forward maybe that would could happen next year. He kind of walked that back a little bit today, saying that, you know, he loves the administration, loves the ownership. And I asked him, well, why do so many players stand up for this ownership and the front office?
Speaker 3: And he said because probably.
Speaker 2: The way the young players are treated, Shamar Stewart aside treated when they get to the organization, they're treated very well.
Speaker 3: They're treated with a lot of.
Speaker 2: Loyalty and care, and I guess that means a lot to the players.
Speaker 3: So Jamar Chase kind of walked that back.
Speaker 2: I thought a little bit today there was clearly a tone of I'm not going to go after anybody. That's not why I'm going to sit up here and take, you know, take questions. He also said something interesting today about you know, when you have a bad season like this year, it's all part of the journey.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow said the same thing yesterday.
Speaker 2: A lot of players are repeating that, look, you have a terrible season. You don't want to go through a terrible season, but it's part of your journey in the NFL. And not every player gets to play on the twenty ten New England Patriots and have ten years of unprecedented success.
Speaker 3: The NFL is not built that way.
Speaker 2: Not every player gets to play on the Pat Mahomes Kansas City Chiefs of the last ten seasons.
Speaker 3: It's not realistic, and some of.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are, I think coming to a reality check in that regard.
Speaker 1: Treggs. Listen a minute. Are we going to see Schamar Stewart on Sunday? And if so, how important are these final three games for him and what the coaches see from him.
Speaker 2: So I was in the group in the scrum arounds from our Stuart and he said, Yep, I'm tracking to play on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I expect to play and I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: To get back on the field because I've been through a lot this year.
Speaker 3: He's missed a lot of time. He wants to get that first career NFL sack, and he said. I was asked, does he have.
Speaker 2: A celebration in mind if indeed he gets that first sack? And he said, yeah, I think I'm thinking of something. But you can tell that Shamar Stewart has worked hard to get back to this point. Doc Taylor mentioned it yesterday in his press conference that he's been very diligent, and you know, give Shamar Stewart a lot of credit.
Speaker 3: He's been through a lot, from the.
Speaker 2: Contract negotiations before training camp began to the injuries to this point, I'd like to see him get on the field for the final three games and kind of get some momentum going for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure he would too.
Speaker 1: Traig's Your Price of Staying the course is a must read for those who want to read, watch, and follow.
Speaker 3: Tell them how they can do that.
Speaker 2: CLS Sincy with a y dot com. You'll be getting a feature in terms of looking ahead to what's at stake also this weekend in Miami. I'll have that up sometime tomorrow. Also, you can follow my Jungle War podcast that's up on my YouTube page YouTube dot com slash Jungle War Pod and has always got those highlights and some of those clips from the locker room that's.
Speaker 3: Up on the x app. Trags t r Ags excellent stuff. As always, Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: All right, gentlemen, have a good one.
Speaker 3: He is Trags on the Bengals beat.
Speaker 1: We'll take a time out, get a check on news and get back into a Zach Taylor conversation. If we continue from long next to and wilder with the Roundtable Show seven hundred WLW