Speaker 1: Game A news updates.
Speaker 2: We've been clear.
Speaker 3: If you're working for a designated terrorist organization and you bring drugs to this country in a boat, we will find you and we will sink you.
Speaker 4: With nine o'clock report out of Sandy Collins breaking. Now, that is Pete Hegseth, the Defense Secretary, defending the US air strikes in September on that suspected drug runner boat in the Caribbean, killing the survivors. Later after the initial strike, speaking at their Reagan National Defense form in Simi Valley, Hegseth stands by the attacks.
Speaker 5: Amid growing accusations of potential war crimes.
Speaker 6: I fully support that strike.
Speaker 5: Hegseth, standing by the decision of the admiral who ordered the subsequent strike, but hesitating when pressed about releasing the video.
Speaker 6: So we're viewing the process and we'll see.
Speaker 5: But just days ago President Trump told me he would release that full video.
Speaker 4: At ABC Seleina Wang, that video showing two initial survivors clinging to the wreckage, and we're told some forty minutes later, after a military discussis another strike was ordered and killed those two people. The concern is it's against the law to kill defenseless survivors, a policy followed by most of the world's military. Latest traffic and weather together, no highway issues to speak about.
Speaker 7: The driving conditions little wet roads out there, do be careful.
Speaker 8: Here's the lads for gays.
Speaker 9: After a foggy start across the tri States and a brief window for wintry mix, we'll have mostly cloudy skies and warmer temperatures this afternoon than the low forties overnight. Some left of a more sh could transition to some snow flurries into Monday morning. Meanwhile, we're going to be cold on Monday in the lower twenties teen Tuesday morning, but warm me up by Wednesday with rain chances. From your Severe Weather station. I'm nine first one of meteorologist kJ Jacobs's video seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Checking the radar this morning.
Speaker 4: We'd you see that wintry mix in southeast Indiana headed this way.
Speaker 7: Right now in Cincinnati, it's kind of cold, thirty two degrees.
Speaker 4: The Bengals game day forecast for this afternoon in Buffalo built by American Home Tech. The best of starts with a strong roof americanhome tack dot com. They are expecting snow in Buffalo with game time temperature around twenty eight degrees or so. Little update for you with that I seventy one crash yesterday coming into Cincinnati near the Casino southbound at sent two people to the hospital. A car and a semi collided, but both should be okay. A Cincinnati road raided shooting has a sixty nine year old man in jail. Robert Griffith allegedly fired into a vehicle on two seventy five. He says ran him off the road, through a metal object at his car and flashed a gun. His attorney says that Griffith was defending himself, but the prosecutor doesn't agree, charging Griffith with a polonious assault. Griffith is out on bond. His cases now with the grand jury. And does it really matter that Netflix is working to take over Warner Brothers Discovery. It's a deal worth billions of dollars and it's pretty eye opening since just a few years ago, Netflix was a company that rented customers their DVDs and mailed them to their home.
Speaker 7: A new firestorm is erupting over this news.
Speaker 4: The Writers Guild Union says the world's largest streaming company swallowing one of the biggest competitors is what antitrust laws were designed to prevent?
Speaker 7: Entertainment writer Sean McNulty weighs in.
Speaker 10: The writers Guild the teamsters have also raised their objections. The movie theater runners have also raised their objections. So not a lot of people are feeling this deal out there now.
Speaker 4: Netflix says this is a pro consumer move, signaling cost savings and convenience.
Speaker 7: I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 4: Next update at nine thirty on news Radio seven hundred DOUBLW.
Speaker 11: For over forty years, Elite Audiology has specialized in helping folks overcome hearing problems by finding the right solution for each individual. Visit audpros dot com or any of their four tri state locations to learn more Elite Audiology. You're trusted hearing professionals.
Speaker 12: Need a new roof, Choose a roofer you can count on Cloud Roofing Systems of Cincinnati roof replacement, repair and skylight installation. Call today for a free estimate five one, three, five, eight, three, six eight nine. Klaus Drifting Systems of Cincinnati Put a Klaus on your house.
Speaker 13: Backslattractor is Cincinnati's Cabota Headquarters, Tractors, skid steers, moors, UTVs and more.
Speaker 8: They have it all.
Speaker 13: Stop by their showrooms for a Koboda today, visit online at Baslaw Tractor dot com.
Speaker 14: Track Toyota phone is on and there's no better way to get in the spirit of the season than with a new Toyota Now through January fifth, get four point seventy five APR financing on any remaining new twenty five four or RAM four hybrid, or lease a new gas powered RAM four l E for two seventy nine a month for thirty nine months with thirty nine ninety nine do its signing with approof credit through TFS, tax, Title and License Extra. Call one eight eight eight thirty six Toyota for details or go to Toyota dot com. Toyota Let's go places.
Speaker 15: On the field or off. You need a winning game plan.
Speaker 16: At Shaffax Credit Union, they've got low rate loads, high yield savings and checking with no hidden fees. With mobile banking, you're always in control of the ball. Score big today at share facts dot org. Shareff Facts credit Union, where you share the benefits. Carrier turn to the experts located deealer at Carrier dot com.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business. A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 18: Consider yourself a bourbon connoisseur.
Speaker 19: At Twin Peaks, We're proud to offer an exclusive and extensive collection of some incredibly rare bourbons, whiskeys, and tequilas. Plus check out our barrel selects. They are hand picked by our team and bottle just for you. Supply is limited. Check with your favorite location to see.
Speaker 8: What they're pouring.
Speaker 19: Cheers Twin Peaks Eats, drinks, scenic views.
Speaker 8: Get in the zone.
Speaker 20: Charlie's battery is struggling to start, not ideal before the tailgate, so he goes to AutoZone.
Speaker 21: Welcome to AutoZone.
Speaker 18: We're friendly.
Speaker 22: Autozoner tests battery for free.
Speaker 20: Looks like he needs a new one, so he gets a door.
Speaker 21: Last battery, have fun and stay warm.
Speaker 20: And he makes it to the tailgate early enough to get it his favorite spot. Free battery testing and charging, no hassles, just help get them the song.
Speaker 23: So restrictions apply.
Speaker 24: Tri State Ford buyers get to Mike Cast Seedboard in Milford or Mike Caster c Forard and Lincoln of Alexandria. Right now. The year end sales event is here. It happens only once a year, and this is it. Take advantage of the best feels of the year. Get zero percent financing for sixty months on our most popular Ford models, but only at MI Cast c Ford, Lincoln of Alexandria and Mike Casters Forard located in Milford.
Speaker 25: My name is Tove Tph and recently I negotiated massive tax relief for a former Cincinnati football star. My playbook worked to perfection, and the IRS was left watching as my celebrity client ran free into the end zone and celebrated with tears of joy pouring down his face. Imagine the freedom if your massive IRS problem was resolved permanently. Now stop procrastinating and visit five I one three TOAF dot com five one three t OPH dot com. Don't live in fear. TOAF is here.
Speaker 26: Smoke Justice is just a block and a bridge from the stadium in Covington. Video walls bring your favorite team to life on game days, smoke meats and the largest selection of bourbons. Make Smoke Justice or Football Headquarters. Trust us, your senses will thank you. Smoke Justice at Ropelink Point in Covington.
Speaker 27: This is the r and L Carriers. Pregame Sports Talk presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chile. Feeling good, It's Skyline time, Adore and Twindow Company. They sell the best and service the rest. Encore Technologies. Visit OnCore dot Tech, Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others promise Postman delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and no pregame sports Talk.
Speaker 18: Well, good morning, and here we go on yet another game day. It's been a while. Bengals have not played since Thursday night, Thanksgiving Night, and we all know how that one went against the Baltimore Ravens. Joe Burrow is back and so too is a tinge of hope. You know these parameters on this The Bengals have to win out and then need some help as well. Right now, in a seven team race for the playoffs, the Bengals are currently twelve, but the magic is in the division, and winning the division is probably, if not exclusively, their best way into the playoffs. It begins today in Buffalo out of division, but in conference, and of course conference tiebreakers are paramount when you get down to who goes and who stays home. They play the Bills. The Bills are a team that is not the Bills. You may remember. First of all, they have a number of injuries. Second of all, even when they're constructed, the Bills are not the same stout team that they were in the last few years. But they are good. Buffalo is eight and four right now and sitting right now in the seventh and final wild card position, two games back in the AFC East from the New England Patriots. There's still hope for the Bills to catch the Patriots, but that hope is based on a win today against the Cincinnati Bengals. And as for the Bengals, well, this week they were talking to Jamar, and Jamar Chase says, look, we've been here, we know the way out.
Speaker 28: I mean being here before at the end of the day, so this adversity is not off for some doing it. You just got to start off better. In the beginning of the season to not put ourselves in this position.
Speaker 18: But that's water under the proverbial bridge. Today the bridge is closely linked to a playoff spot. We'll get into more metaphors and things like that as we get close to the game time. First, now, college football from last night, the Big Ten Championship game was one of the old timers. Final number two thirteen. That's Indiana, Number one Ohio State ten three point win for the Hoosiers in the Big Ten Championship game. It is Indiana's first Big Ten championship since nineteen sixty seven. Big plays abound. Charlie Becker stepped up big wide receiver from Indiana, had six catches one hundred and twenty six one hundred and twenty six receiving yards, including a thirty three yarder on third down that gave the Hoosiers new life and kept the clock going late. The Ohio State did not perform well inside the red zone. They had a missed twenty seven yard field goal. They failed to convert on a fourth in one from the Indiana five. All that boiled down to an Indiana win and undoubtedly a number one seed when the college football playoff rankings come out later on today. Here is their quarterback and a man that may just be holding the Heisman Trophy by this time next week. Here is Fernando Mendoza on why this Indiana team is so good, so effective.
Speaker 29: I think it's about being process oriented and never being complacent.
Speaker 30: For example, when it was when we beat.
Speaker 29: Perdue last week fifty six to three, because they came into Lockerham.
Speaker 18: Said, hey, like, it's a great win.
Speaker 29: We're propping up the first time in program history. However, there's a lot there's gonna be a lot of you know, things on film that we've got to clean up. And I think it reverts back to the Stoke philosophy of the never ending journey of the process and not to be complacent. And I think what Aiden said was beautiful of you always want to push yourself every single day, every single play and every single rep act like it's the like it's the final play.
Speaker 30: Of the game.
Speaker 29: I like, it's the most important play of the game, most important play of your life.
Speaker 18: And I think that that has.
Speaker 29: Helped motivate us and propel us forward from games like Oregon, where yeah we won, but we weren't complacent. We sild a lot of clean up on film and the next week. We try to get better every single week. And I think that our whole thing is not really competing against the opponent, which it is, but it's really competing against ourselves to be the best version of ourselves.
Speaker 18: And I think that's why we're so effective. I think that's a pretty good assessment. How about the head coach, Kirk Signetti. Anybody could have had this guy two three years ago. He was ready to leave James Madison, where he built a winning program. There, my goodness, James Madison may be in the playoffs when the rankings come out later on today. He knows how big a win this was, and he knows how big it is for his program.
Speaker 31: Well, I don't know. The time will tell. I mean, it's hard to speculate. I think it gives us a lot more. It was another step we needed to take as a program. It's a great win obviously, and we're gonna go to the playoffs as number one seed, and a lot of people probably thought that wasn't possible. But when you get the right people and you have a plan, and they love one and play for one another, and they commit anything's possible, and I think that's what you saw having here.
Speaker 18: Now they get a lot of time off to try and get ready for the playoffs. They don't even know who they're playing yet. There will be games played before Indiana's next game, and the same thing for Ohio State. Last night's loss was not devastating. Surprising in some ways, but not devastating. The first loss of this season for the bug guys, and they have to regroup and they have a lot of time off. They'll most probably be the number two seed now heading into the college football playoff and Ryan Day knows, Look, a loss is a loss, but this one last night was particularly hard.
Speaker 32: This is a major lesson for this team is that, you know, it can come down to one play or two plays or three plays that decide a game like this, and so you know, this is a tough lesson to learn. But you know, we have to be more efficient across the board. It can't just be you know, us doing our job once or twice, you know, or three times. I mean, it's gonna be every single time. And that didn't happen. And that starts with the coaching and then goes from there.
Speaker 18: Started with the coaching and then went from there, and the big plays simply weren't there for Ohio State like they were up till almost every game till last night, just simply weren't there. We talked about the breakdown inside the red zone, played the Ohio State big last night, the missfield goal to tie the game late in the fourth quarter. Obviously that played into a strategy in a three point game, but there were other plays along the way that they could not convert, and so afterwards the Buckeyes were beginning were left to wonder exactly what happened and what to do now. Like I said, they have not this is not new terf for them. They were in this position last year and they rallied to win a national championship. Wide receiver Brandon Innis.
Speaker 33: Honestly, I'm not sure, you know. I gotta watch the film and see everything. But we just didn't play the best for our abilities to night.
Speaker 23: And we know that.
Speaker 6: We know we couldn't turn the ball over.
Speaker 33: That was on me and I take full responsibility for that, and now we'll go get it right now.
Speaker 18: I thought the quarterback Julian Sayan played very well. I thought the defense got dragged up and down the field, and I didn't think that was all that typical for Ohio State. You know, you do get to games where it's just one of those nights. And quite frankly, this was the game everybody inside the Big Ten was looking forward to. Both both teams' fan bases were looking forward to it. They didn't play in the regular season. They may play again now in the playoffs, who knows, But this was the game really, not just inside the Big Ten, but all through college football in the last month and a half that just about everybody wanted to see. And we got a good one last night, a really good one. But now, like Kurt Signetti, who goes back to Bloomington with his team and tries to do a couple of things. One, get it ready for an opponent that it doesn't even know at this point, and also tamp down expectations, because the last thing you want anything for a football team at this time of the year is to get cocky. Meanwhile, on the playing trip back to Columbus, sure Ryan Day was already starting to strategize as to what to do next, not just for whomever his team will play, like Indiana, he has no idea at this point, but what he can do to self scout and make sure that whatever plagued his team last night doesn't plague his team in the next game, which will be in the playoffs. Here's day on what's next.
Speaker 32: We got to get back and figure out, you know, you know why that happened, what the issues were, and you know, get it fixed, because you know, the season's not over. Got a lot of football ahead of us, and hopefully we can use this as a way to get better as we head into the playoffs.
Speaker 18: Joy can do at this point, and that's all they will be doing until after the first round of the playoffs and then they know who the opponent will be again. Thirteen ten final Number two Indiana beats number one Ohio State. Expect them to flip flop in the college football rankings. Later on this morning, in the SEC Championship game, Number three Georgia played number nine Alabama and pretty much throttled Alabama. Twenty eight to seven was the final. In this game. Georgia is now twelve and one. Alabama is ten and three, teetering at the bottom of the college football Top twelve. We really don't know at this point whether or not they will be in and quite frankly, after what transpired last night in the ACC Championship game, and what transpired in a couple of other Group of five conference championship games, it may be another playoff without the Alabama Crimson. Time we'll see Gunnar Stockton the George quarterback. Twenty of twenty six, one hundred and fifty six yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions. Georgia simply controlled this game. Time of possession the Dogs thirty minute, thirty six minutes fifty two seconds, Alabama just twenty three minutes and eight seconds of clock time. Georgia wins the SEC championship game. Could there be a playoff without an ACC champion? If just Maywhite might happen. Duke twenty seven, number seventeen Virginia twenty that was the final in the ACC Championship game last night. Duke is eight and five. Duke wins its first outright ACC championship since nineteen sixty two. Darien Menza to Jeremiah Halsey, a one yard touchdown run on a fourth down overtime play was what won this for Duke twenty seven to twenty in overtime. But it could very well mean nothing could mean that Duke simply is an inn the college football playoff. The coach says, how can you not put a Power five conference champion in or not or leave them out of the playoffs? Very easy? Your team isn't one of the top twelve teams in the country. Congratulations on winning your conference championship.
Speaker 8: Eight.
Speaker 18: You're eight and five In the Big Twelve championship game, Texas Tech throttled BYU thirty four to seven. This was a great quote after the game. Texas Tech is probably the richest nil driven team in college football. They have a roster that's somewhere around twenty eight million dollars. It's the new way of college football. You may not like it. A lot of people don't like it. And I understand the collegiency of college football has been extracted with nil. You're, in essence the old Seinfeld line. You're rooting for the uniforms because the players change almost on a yearly basis. Nevertheless, twenty eight million dollars goes into that Texas Tech football roster and it translates into a thirty four to seven win over BYU. Great line after this game. Senior linebacker Jacob Rodriguez, he is a candidate for the Nigersky Award. He said, if we're going to buy a team, this is his quote, If we're going to buy a team, why not heee the best imagine saying that in college football even ten years ago, Bringham Young had two hundred total yards in this game. They were never in it. There were two interceptions and two fumbles lost. This loss probably knocks BYU out of the college football rankings. It should. They were number eleven out of twelve, and I don't see how this keeps them in the final tally. Texas is going to make a case for itself despite three losses. They're thirteen going into this. Vanderbilt had a terrific season. They are probably going to be left out. And the other big consideration here is what about Miami? What about Notre Dame? Who despite the fact that each piece together decent seasons, were at the back end of the latest college football rankings that came out last Tuesday night. The only one that counts comes out at noon today. So I think at noon today, what you're going to get is Indiana one, Ohio State two, Georgia three, Texas Tech four, Oregon five, and then it'll go from there. Meanwhile, in the MAC Championship Game, Miami in it and playing in it because of just the tie breakers that exist inside the MAAC them a in American Conference. Toledo beat Miami had the same conference record, did not go. Ohio University beat Miami had the same conference record, it did not go, but because of record against common opponents, Miami winds up winning its half of the MAC. Yesterday, it played in the MAC Championship Game and Western Michigan with the win twenty three to thirteen. Cam Perry seven receptions, one hundred and one yards for Miami. Terrific game. Western Michigan put up two hundred and eighty six rushing yards in Miami only rushed for seventy three. In a large sense, that was the difference in the game. Miami is still going to a bowl game, and like all the other teams outside of the College Football Playoff, we'll find out later today or tonight what bowlgame Miami is going to, but Miami will go to a bowl game after another terrific season of coaching for Chuck Martin. I said this earlier this week and I'll reiterate it again today. He's the best coach in the MAC. His teams are always overscheduled at the early part of the season. They'll take the check from the game against the opponent from the bigger conference. They probably win one of those games and then position themselves to win the MAC because of what they do in those first three weeks. It's the same Chuck Martin script that's been written every single season, and I fully expect Miami to whatever Bowl game it goes to, to play really really well. Didn't work out for him yesterday, Western Michigan twenty three, Miami thirteen. Today is a monumental day for the Cincinnati Bengals. They have any hope of going to the playoff, any smidgeon of hope, they have to win today. It's a long road ahead no matter which way you look at it. But when you have to win out invariably you have to go somewhere where conditions aren't great and the other guy is playing just a little bit better. We'll get into this game next. Glad you're with us. We're counting down to the Bengals and the Bills. On this the RNL Carriers pregame show. It's presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers on these two fifty thousand watt mother flamethrowers ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super short coming soon.
Speaker 34: Cincinnati football fans, Joe Walter here. Did you know that donating a car to Goodwill is easy, free, and it supports your community. Get the old car out of your garage and put it towards someone's future. At the goodwillcars dot com to schedule your free pickup or easy drop off today.
Speaker 35: Beach Montoyotas with a wide selection of new vehicles. We've got great deals on cameras to Coomas, rap Wars, Highlanders, and Siennas. Plus, every new Toyota comes with a two year no cost maintenance plan for added peace of mind. Shop online or is it beach Mont Toyota?
Speaker 36: Every time Cincinnati finds the end zone? This month, MNP Logistics is donating five hundred dollars to Northern Kentucky Navigators, who supports local teams with faith, guidance and positive community. Learn more at Nkynavigators dot org. MNP Logistics Driving Purpose with every mile.
Speaker 37: FIFA World Cup twenty twenty six is coming soon, but your opportunity to be there starts now. Do an exclusive offer with an eligible Bank of America Visa credit card for a limited time. Become a new customized cash Rewards or unlimited cash Rewards VISA credit card holder, and you will be eligible for a chance to purchase FIFA World Cup twenty twenty six tickets. Learn more at BAVA dot com. Slash card FWC twenty six. What would you let the power to do? Bank of America Proud to be the official bank of FIFA World Cup twenty twenty six.
Speaker 30: Bank of America and a partnership with Visa.
Speaker 7: Terms apply words reserved.
Speaker 38: At First State Bank. We think it's nice to have someone else in your corner. After all, there's nothing like having the right account at a bank that believes in you. First State Bank built Unbelief. Visit FSB the number four me dot com Remember.
Speaker 39: FDIC, Remember who taught you your ABC's who showed you kindness and Sherry? That was Sesame Street And today Sesame Workshop is still helping children around the world grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
Speaker 21: But I can't do it.
Speaker 39: On this holiday season. Sesame needs your support donate now. It's sesame dot org. That's s E s A MB dot org because the world needs sesame and Sesame needs you.
Speaker 21: Oh loves you.
Speaker 8: Thanks for nothing that difference.
Speaker 40: You know.
Speaker 41: Tankless waterheaters make a lot of sense. They lower your energy bill and the hot water is endless.
Speaker 8: There's no waiting for a.
Speaker 41: Tank toor reheat, and the warranty sweet. You'll thank us when you go tankless.
Speaker 6: Blum tight plum tight plum tight.
Speaker 42: Bill Cunningham Air for a Try Day Gastro in Northern Kentucky. Calling cancer is preventable. The doctor's and staff at Try State Gastro makes screenings easy and comfortable. Being an independent practice, they can possibly save you thousands of dollars and your life. Visit try State Gastro dot net and schedule your visit today.
Speaker 43: Oh no ah, that's the sound of someone who's misplaced.
Speaker 6: My debit card, their debit card.
Speaker 43: Where I leave that thing, not a bit gas pond or the checkout counter or the roof of your car. Now, if he has the Chase mobile app, he can use card lock.
Speaker 6: Wait, I could just lock my card yep.
Speaker 7: Just a few tippy taps on his phone and.
Speaker 23: That sound.
Speaker 7: That's peace of mind from Chase.
Speaker 23: Chase Mobile app is available for select mobile devices. Message in data reads me apply JP Morgan, Chase Bank and a member at d.
Speaker 44: I S trust Ever Dry Waterproofing to fix your leaky basement or smelly crawl space permanently, Gary Sulvan here Forever Dry. They have fixed tens of thousands of basements over the past forty years. And when I say permanently, I mean it. Their patented system comes with the tr transferable lifetime warranty. Reclaim that basement space and live in a healthier home by calling Ever Dry Waterproofing.
Speaker 30: Don't put it off.
Speaker 44: Inspections are free. Call five one, three, eight, seven, four seventy two hundred Ever Dry Waterproofing for a healthier, drier home now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 45: Holiday Exactly Oakley Greens is now Oakly Winter Glow, twenty four foot Christmas cake tree, giant heated patio, and more lights than a primetime kickoff. It's the no stress season. I'll escape tons of parking, two bars, and thirty TV's to catch every tip off, kickoff and bowl game. All the glow, all the games, all at Oakley Greens Winter Glow.
Speaker 46: Are you looking for affordable health insurance in the Cincinnati will Cover Since he makes it simple, customize plans for your needs, real people right here in Cincinnati. Whether you're self employed or between jobs, They've got you covered. Visit coversincey dot com today.
Speaker 16: Make the holiday season mary with Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco. Explore their domestic and international wines, the Tri State's largest bourbon selection, holiday gift packs, bottling, graving, and gift cards all in one stop. Visit one of thirteen North Kentucky Good Spirits location or party town in Florence.
Speaker 12: Today, when employers like iHeart and Pro Source choose Delta Dental of Ohio, employees can access top quality care from a large nationwide network of Dennis and obtained services from a leading provider of dental benefits, building healthy, smart, vibrant communities. Delta dentaloh dot Com.
Speaker 18: Nine to twenty eight Welcome back. It's the RNL Carriers pregame show. I'm ken brewd One more thought on the college football playoff. I'm reading ESPN dot com on this you could get a final twelve that includes James Madison, the Sunbelt champ and the American Conference champ two lane. In fact, the way they've got this scoped out right now, Indiana would play the Notre Dame Oklahoma winner at Ohio State would play the Alabama, Texas A and M winner. But you could have a scenario today where you not only do not get the ACC champion in there, the Duke Blue Devils, you may not get an ACC team period in the College football playoff. Stay tuned. The selection show begins afternoon. We'll know probably by twelve fifteen, twelve thirty exactly who is in The Bengals need a win today. They need to win in every single one of their games that's left, and then hope that a certain amount of things fall right this scenario that, oh, well they can afford one win, they can afford to lose one of those five No, no, no, no, no no. You never bank on an eight win team in a seventeen game schedule getting into the playoffs, regardless of how underperforming your conference, I'm sorry, your division may be. And Zach Taylor knows that, he also knows this. You can't start looking ahead, Well, what about that Miami game?
Speaker 47: Now?
Speaker 18: If you get by Baltimore next week, you can't. It's a cliche, but Taylor knows. You got to take these things week by week.
Speaker 48: The preaching to the whole team right now, it doesn't matter what we did last week. We got to keep doing it over and over again. And so we can't just assume because we did some good things on Thursday night that that's gonna curry for Sunday.
Speaker 34: I guys understand that.
Speaker 48: I think that's why we've always kind of been strong later in the season. Our guys have had a great approach to that, and this year's like new year, and we're gonna have to dos to the same approach exactly.
Speaker 18: A football season is in seventeen games. Football is seventeen individual seasons, and the latest season begins here about one o'clock. We'll be back next. Bill Benders Sportingnews dot Com on the Bengals, Bills and what lies ahead now for the college football Playoff. You're listening to the RNL Carriers pregame Show presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred, WLW.
Speaker 1: News Traffic and winn This is a game day news update.
Speaker 4: Getting mixed signals from Vladimir Putin. This is the nine point thirty report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. This is coming as the US works to end years of fighting over Ukraine. Yesterday another huge attack by Russia. Ukraine reports its military complex, energy facilities and ports were targeted by the Russians with hundreds of drones. ABC's Danny New on the peace talks held in Florida this weekend.
Speaker 49: A White House official tells ABC News President Trump, Special Envoy Steve Witcoff and Trump's son in law Jared Kushner met with Ukrainian officials in Miami. The two sides agree on a framework for security guarantees, agreements, and necessary deterrents, capabilities they say could lead to a quote lasting piece. The White House also confirms a two hour call between Presidents Lensky, Witcoff, and Kushner earlier in the week. Putin met with Witkoff and Kushner in Moscow, that meeting lasting nearly five hours, the President describing it as a quote good meeting.
Speaker 15: He would like to end the work this with the net quiz the impression.
Speaker 4: Danny New, ABC News New York, Traffick and Weather together here on the big one. We found out yesterday that the two seventy five westbound lanes will be opened up over the Combeshail Bridge on New Year's Eve as a matter of fact, and then another few months before they open the eastbound lanes. But that's some good news. Right now, the highways are moving without delays.
Speaker 8: Here's the Ladies forecast.
Speaker 9: Most of the cloudy's guys will continue into the afternoon. Temperatures will warm up. We may even carve out some sunshine now. We will still have that slight chance for rain today overnight, some snow flurries possible into early Monday morning, staying cold all day Monday. We'll have a brief warm up Wednesday with heights in the low mid forties, but the chances of rain will be with us on Wednesday. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologists kJ Jacobs. He's radio seven hundred WLWU.
Speaker 4: Radar shows that wintry mix that kJ has been talking about. It is moving into the Tri State area at this hour right now, temperatures thirty two degrees. Our Bengals game day forecast is built by American Home Tech. The best defense starts with a strong roof of American Home Tech going to be snowy in Buffalo today with temperatures around thirty degrees at game time.
Speaker 7: Kick off is at one o'clock. You'll hear it right here on the Home of the best Bengals coverage in.
Speaker 4: The news this morning. A two fatal shootings happened this weekend. One was Friday night in Hartwell. Twenty seven year old Johnny Dante Thomas was shot on Ferndale Drive and he died at the hospital. Another separate fatal shooting early Saturday morning on Westwood Northern Boulevard. Police say that thirty five year old Bobby King was killed. They arrested a suspect, twenty one year old Calvin Bowman. You remember that Southwest airline melt down about three years ago that strained thousands of passengers and disrupted travel for days. Well, the airline got fined one hundred million dollars for that and has been making payments to the government. Well, now that eleven million dollars that's left the Southwest o's the Department of Transportation says they don't have to pay it.
Speaker 50: The Department of Transportation announcing it will waive the remaining eleven million dollars in fine Southwest Airlines ode as part of a record one hundred forty million dollar penalty over its operational meltdown during holiday travel in twenty twenty two. The Department sites improved on time performance and investment in its network operations center. The DOT said waiving the installment will incentivize their lines to make investments that directly benefit customers.
Speaker 4: At is ABC's Dave Packer this morning, the Justice Department is not giving up on charging James Comey. The DOJ wants to get their hands on evidence on an attorney friend's computer that other attorney says the government illegally retained his emails and other computer information. But now that is all on hold as a federal judge yesterday blocked the Department of Justice from getting that data. I'm Sandy Collins, Bengals, coming up at one o'clock right here. Our next update is a ten news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 51: Aig wapp them here for Joseph Chevrolet. Check out these amazing deals. You can own a twenty twenty five tracks for just two undred ninety five dollars a month with only nine hundred ninety five dollars down, get two point nine percent APR or seventy two months on a brand new twenty twenty six Silverado.
Speaker 52: Stop in today this holiday season, give a gift that means everything, the gift of life. Donate blood or platelets at a Hawksworth Blood Center University of Cincinnati, and you'll receive a limited edition Hawksworth's Hero backpack as a special thank you. Hawksworth has seven tri state locations, so it's simple, quick, and it truly matters. Your donation could be the reason someone gets another holiday with the people they love. Give the gift of life and make this season brighter for someone in need. Visit Hawksworth dot org today to schedule your life saving donation.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business. A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 53: For ten years, families have trusted Kelsey Chevrolet. Now we're driving forward with a new look, the same promise and more ways to deliver peace of mind. Visit us today and experience the difference from our family to yours. Kelseyshev dot com.
Speaker 54: When your property needs concrete work, that last call the pros who do it right the first time, quality blacktopping and concrete Mark Burke and his team are trusted across Greater Cincinnati for commercial lots, curbs, sidewalks at stand the test of time, durable, dependable, done right tests.
Speaker 30: What's up?
Speaker 55: Oh?
Speaker 56: You know the cfhone needs meet to book a week of travel. I'm days behind on invoices, the plant and the loby. You're dying Now I have to order lunch for eighty with gluten free options.
Speaker 57: Just choose easy cater. Easy cater one platform built for workplaces. Tons of great restaurants any group size, with tools to meet dietary needs and stay on budget.
Speaker 8: Plus rewards rewards.
Speaker 57: You earn rewards points when you order good for discounts or even gift cards for you.
Speaker 5: Now, that's what's up.
Speaker 18: Easy cater the easy rewarding way to order food for work. Order now at easycater dot com.
Speaker 16: Hey, it's Smullwagger football seasons here, and you know there's no better place to catch every game than Long Neck Sports Grill with waterwall, TVs, ice, cold drinks and mouthwatering wings. Long Necks is your home URF for every touchdown, tackle and tailgate. So bring your crew to Long Next, grab a seed and enjoy all the action with great food, great vibes, and unbeatable specials all season. Long Neck Sports Grill where fans gather and game days come alive. Visit an of their three locations Hebrin, Richwood and Wilder Long Neck Sports Grill, Stay long, come often.
Speaker 18: It's the RNL Carriers pregame show is presented by your Cincinnati in Northern Kentucky. Troyer to dealers, Welcome back. I am ken Brew. How about the delivery of the game last week? It's brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. No question about this. I think third quarter, five point Bengal lead, and in the waiting seconds of that third quarter, andre Yosi vash twenty nine yard reception from Joe Burrow turned it into a twelve point game and the Bengals never looked back. That is our delivery of the week. Today, it's the Bills. It's one o'clock, it's snowing in Buffalo. What would you expect in December? Bengals in a must win situation. Last night, as we have mentioned earlier, terrific Big Ten Championship game. I don't think anybody thought point total would be twenty three, but yet it was. And if it was that low of a scoring game, I think most people would have said, well, the Ohio State defense carried the day. Their defense wasn't bad at all, but Indianas was better. And now what standing by as a man of great import, someone who understands the game of football at all levels, high school, college, professional, he is handing out a major piece of hardware this week O Weekend, the Bronco Nigersky Award. Of course, who could forget Bronco Nigersky, one of the building blocks of football, college or otherwise, and a man who was revered nationwide for his knowledge of football. Let's bring in from Sportingnews dot Com at Ohio University here now, Bill Bender, how are you on this glorious Sunday?
Speaker 58: Hey, Ken, thanks for having me on. How are you?
Speaker 18: I'm well? First things first, that's the most important thing of the day. What's happening with the Ohio University head coach? What is going on in Athens?
Speaker 58: Yeah, this is a bizarre situation certainly and hopefully gets straightened out. I mean, obviously you know not to deflect, but you know, seeing Western Michigan win the MAC Championship. That was a good accomplishment for them. I'm hoping the Bobcats can get back to that next season. You know, obviously a lot of yeah, you know, like I said, a lot of weird reports coming out of there, and hopefully.
Speaker 18: He just disappeared. He just disappeared. I mean, nobody, nobody, certainly nobody's talking. It is bizarre. But as you and I both know from firsthand experience, the words athens and bizarre are not often separated. They often intertwined quite a bit.
Speaker 59: Uh.
Speaker 18: Indiana thirteen Ohio State ten.
Speaker 40: Uh.
Speaker 18: You watched this game. I watched this game. It's the first Big ten championship outright for Indiana's in sixty seven. I thought Indiana's defense was terrific. They got fortuitous with the missed field goal by Ohio State, but there were big plays by the Indiana defense, and there was certainly a big play on that fourth and less than the yard inside the Ohio State five yard inside the Indiana five yard line where they stopped Ohio State on Saints quarterback sneak. I thought the difference in this game was Indiana's defense and considering how good Ohio's defense. Ohio State's defense is I thought that was kind of surprising to me. What about you?
Speaker 58: Yeah, and getting the fourth down. Obviously, Indiana has guys. I mean, we did our All American meeting last week, and you know that's not revealed for a couple of weeks, but there are several candidates from that defense, guys like Aiden Fisher and D'Angelo Ponds. And I was wondering myself coming into the game, Okay, what's going to be different than last year? I watched Ohio State beat them by three touchdowns last year with you know, clearly it's continuity. I mean, I was impressed with how they just shut down Ohio State's running game and made it made life difficult for an offense that hadn't faced a lot of difficulty this year.
Speaker 30: So uh.
Speaker 58: And then Fernando Mendoza, you know, his numbers weren't like up the charts, but he didn't mess it up. He made sure as he needed And I wasn't sure he's gonna get off the turf after that first hit by Cayden Curry.
Speaker 18: I wasn't either, and he said that there was no way on God's green earth that he wasn't getting off the artificial green earth on that one. He's he's a he's a tough kid. Do you think Mendoza solidified his chances for the Heisman or do you think he is still a long not a long shot, but not one of the favorites for the Heisman. Next week, I think he'll win it.
Speaker 58: I think I don't think it's a little bit of a muddled race. I do think it'll come down to probably him and Diego Paviat Vanderbilt, Diego pragg get a good chunk of the Southern boat. I'm gonna fill out my ballot. I typically do it tomorrow morning, once the emotion of the weekend wears off, but I would say Mendoza, Pavia and then a couple other guys that will be in the mix and be like Jeremiah Love, I love Jacob Rodriguez, the linebacker for Texas Tech. I don't know if the linebacker can win it, but he's as good as linebacker as you can possibly see.
Speaker 18: Yeah. He also had the quote of the weekend. I don't know if you saw this, but he said, if we're going to buy a team, why not be the best. They have a twenty eight million dollar roster at Texas Tech. Now, I know there's big oil money down there, and there's great among Texas Tech and for that matter, Texas A and M alumni. There's great motivation to outspend and out do the University of Texas at any turn. Twenty eight million dollars to put a roster together. Bill, This is crazy, but that's exactly where it is. And I would imagine that twenty eight million goes a hell of a lot farther up the scale next year, don't.
Speaker 58: You I do too well. I mean, you could argue that it paid off because they won the Big twelve championship and they are in position to make a run in the playoffs, and everybody's going to be talking about this bracket here in a couple hours. I think the way it's going to situate is Ohio State will priorrupt the three, so I mean Texas Tech will be number four, and then you know, if the chalk holds, which didn't last year but it might, you would theoretically get Indiana Texas Tech on one side, and then Georgia Ohio State on the other. So, whether it's Indiana or Texas Tech, if they take care of their business. One of those schools could be playing for national championship, and then at that point it's sustainable that it was money well spent. I guess. I mean, I don't throw that kind of money around, but I don't run a college football program either.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I mean, if it does fall that way, you could get in the final Ohio State, Indiana you got a rematch in the final, right.
Speaker 58: It very well could and or you know, the team that I think is going to get into that actually be wrong because one of them has to get squeezed out between Notre Dame, Miami and Alabama. And the way we did it at Sporting News, I put Notre Dame in, Miami in. If they put Alabama in over one of those schools, I'm not going to say, oh boy, I was wrong, because it would just mean I was dumb because I didn't believe that they would give Alabama preferential treatment.
Speaker 2: Again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 58: They all three have an argument. I understand it, but I know how committees work, and sometimes they take the compromise and they get Miami and acc team in, they get Notre Dame in, and they penalize Alabama a little bit for getting beat by three touchdown.
Speaker 18: What if they squeeze the ACC. I mean there's a real case for both James Madison and two lane, And in fact, some brackets this morning have James Madison in two lane, twelve and eleven.
Speaker 58: I think they'll be the five highest rank conference champion. So the squeeze, that's why I think Miami is going to get in.
Speaker 18: At Alabama at Alabama's expense, is what you're saying.
Speaker 58: And I think that's the politics of this playoff, you know what I mean, Like, yes, the ACC might not have a team in a couple takeaways from that, ken One probably should revise the tiebreaker scenarios to make sure like they can't have a five lost spoiler. Again, Miami probably should have been playing in that a SEC championship game. Two conference championships got to go. I've said it. I liked the weekend. It's not that I don't like watching more football, it's they just don't. They don't pair well with this playoff because yeah, Alabama will have an argument. They'll be like, well, we just won't play in it because if it's going to cost us a playoff first, and there's some validity to that too. So my solution is pretty simple. Let's go to sixteen, get rid of the conference championship games, play the first two rounds on campus, and then go from there. Make your product as compelling as possible. There's a league that plays today that does that pretty well.
Speaker 18: Yes, it does. The other option is if you if you're insistent upon playing these conference championship games because they are money makers, that's the reason why the conferences have gone to these in the first place, then why not give the team in your conference a buy and they don't play in the championship game, and you have your second and third place teams play in these championship games or call them whatever you want, and in essence, what they're playing for is either a playoff ranking somebody in the field of twelve, or they're playing for the next highest bowl game that they can get into. But you exempt your best team, so your best team represents you in the field of twelve. What about that theory?
Speaker 58: You know, when I first heard this, I thought it was absurd, but now it's starting to make more sense. If you want, if you really want money on this week, you know, play a three, six and a four or five game and four Big Ten teams get in. Tony TD actually might have a decent idea there, I just but I still don't. Here's what I would just take the top sixteen at the end of the regular season. If if it's a year where the ACC is down and they only have one, so be it. You know, like this year.
Speaker 2: If it's.
Speaker 58: A year where the Big Ten has three or six, we can move it around. But you can't tell me when you look at the final sixteen teams in the rankings today versus what the playoff is and you're gonna say, man, that one would be better. You know, you would get Texas and you would get Miami in. You would have an incentive. Much like I always say, Ken Ohio High School, the way that they do their their high school playoffs pretty good. I like the computer system. It rewards you for stepping up and it doesn't penalize you for playing the tough schedule.
Speaker 18: It's right exactly. I've always been a big proponent of that. Another level outside of high school football. Bill Bendersportingnews dot Com our guest. We got a massive game from the Bengals standpoint today in Buffalo. They have to win. The Bills are a team that has been giving the ball away quite a bit over the last four weeks. It's supposed to be cold and snowy, snow to some extent in Buffalo. Buffalo needs this game because they still think and they still do have a shot at catching New England for the AFC East title. I'm just wondering your thoughts of a Bengals team backed up against the wall, but with Joe Burrow back against a Buffalo team that always plays well at home that's had trouble controlling the football. What do you think on this one today?
Speaker 58: Anything goes Buffalo. I kind of as I've watched them this season when they're home run swing the super Bowl, but they're just very inconsistent, like you said, and Joe Burrow trying to lead this run as they play like they did against the Ravens, that will be interesting. You've had the upper hand in the game against the Bills to this point. It's an opportunity for certain whether the able weather plays a role in that. The last time they played there in the weather it didn't matter at all. So if the defense holds up on the back end and Joe Burrow continues to do what Joe Burrow does. He will be making an appearance in a list I have coming later this week. It's a big debate in the Sporting News office. We ranked the last twenty five Heisman winners since two thousand and you know, there's a considerable back and forth between Burrow and Cam Newton in twenty ten. I've always leaned Burrow, but there's a lot of people picking Cam on that one.
Speaker 18: Are you doing body of work or just like best season?
Speaker 58: How are you doing that the best Heisman Trophy season? And you know you got a factor of the playoff in right, because I had six thousand yards. His college Heisman year stats are literally insane if you really look at him.
Speaker 18: Yeah, wow, yeah, I mean absolutely, Cam Newton was was phenomenal. I don't think that you're you know that that's that's the start of the great debate. You're only going back twenty five years. You're going back to ninety, right, You're going back to ninety on this right, two thousand.
Speaker 58: So we got that's why we're already twenty five years into this somehow. So we had some fun with it, and you know, there's a lot of good players on that list.
Speaker 23: You know, you go back and.
Speaker 18: Look, Carson Palmer's on that list.
Speaker 58: A lot of Lincoln Riley quarterback and US quarterback. Yeah, it's a fun list, but you know, Newton and Burrow will generate a lot of discussion. I think Fernando ultimately will probably join that list. But just never know, this is a This isn't quite as open and shut as it was with Travis Hunter last year.
Speaker 30: No, it's not.
Speaker 18: And to be honest with you, you're talking about I mean, if you're going to line up numbers and who did what? I mean, you're you know, Tim Tebow's numbers weren't outstanding, but it was his sophomore year. But nobody could nobody could deny the fact that that guy was one of the great leaders of a team in the last twenty five years. Troy Smith, my gosh, what great numbers for him back in twenty oh twenty oh six, I believe, I mean there's but I mean again, and Carson Palmer, who might have been the most accurate quarterback of the last twenty five years, to me, would be somebody that I think would merit strong consideration. But you have some other guys in there maybe that you know, it was a lean year and they wound up as the guy. But we'll see. I'll look forward to that, and I'll look forward to what you're putting together here at the end of this week too. But Bill Bender, tomorrow night, good luck. You're handing out the Nagursky Award, of which the man that we talked about just a few minutes ago, Jacob Rodriguez from Texas Tech, could very well beholding it. Do you have your tuxedo, do you have your introduction speech? You're gonna tell some jokes or do you just get on and get off the stage? How does that work?
Speaker 2: We'll find out tomorrow.
Speaker 58: I bet we have the meeting tonight. When I get into Charlotte, I do have a tuxedo. It does fit. I am one of those guys that gets out of it as soon as possible, though, like it's I gotta get it, you know, get in my warm up pants and get ready to go to watch. But no, it's an honor to do it. I really appreciate you mentioning and and I don't get nervous. I'll have a lot of fun tomorrow down in Charlotte. Brian Bossworth, the keynote speaker, he could play a little bit of linebacker two by the way.
Speaker 18: You could that's a man that's calmed down later in life. What what what? What work? Can we see you? Where is this available? Is available on some sort of channels at ESPN. What does it avail all?
Speaker 58: I think it's being streamed.
Speaker 60: I know Adam Zuper is the MC, so you know, I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure hopefully if I get that, I'll send it to you and maybe you can share with your listeners.
Speaker 2: That'd be great.
Speaker 18: I have a team on this immediately, I was just told. So we'll find out here in the next few minutes. Bill bendersportingnews dot Com with some big stuff coming out at the end of the week. Bill, thanks for your time, stay.
Speaker 58: Well, hey anytime. Ken, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 18: Bet So that's it. Like a lot of people around here, he thinks this is doable for the Bengals today, I do two. Buffalo gives the Paul up a lot. Buffalo has eleven turnovers in the last four games, six of which are Josh Allen interceptions. You're listening to the RNO Carriers pregame show. It's presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred w welw.
Speaker 15: It's more than home.
Speaker 61: It's where the counch becomes the fifty yard line and game day snack shine. As the official homebuilder of the Cincinnati Bengals, Fisher Holmes builds award winning spaces with homejown fry Start building at Fisherhomes dot com.
Speaker 62: Here at SIMS Furniture, we've got a simple playbook. Treat people right, keep plenty in stock, deliver quickly, no trick plays, no timeouts, just on a service. The wins every time. Check us out five locations or SIMS Furniture CEO dot com Sims Furniture. We're easy to work with, hard to be.
Speaker 63: The holidays come with enough stress, travel, family, keeping up with everything. You shouldn't have to add calling inference adjusters to the list. At Postman Law, we handle it the calls, the paperwork, the pushback. We've helped clients recover over three billion dollars. Because when you're hurt, you need a team that knows how to get results. This holiday season, focus on you, will take care of the rest. Postman delivers call eight four four Postman or visit Postman Law dot Com.
Speaker 64: Attorney Advertising Anthony munhos Here your number one player, cheering on my number one automotive teammate, Rose Automotive. Roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony munhos Here, your number one player, cheering on the newest member of our automotive team, Larkin greenwood Ford and Connorsville, Indiana. Like all of the automotive teammates on Ed Larkin's team, Larkin greenwood Ford focuses on the fundamentals of service and value to bring you to our team, Larkin greenwood Ford.
Speaker 30: In Connorsville.
Speaker 18: There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers nationwide. There is only one BMW store. Visit the BMW Store, conveniently located ten minutes north of downtown Cincinnati off I seventy one at Stuart.
Speaker 65: Road from the Clements Heating and Air Temps Star Weather Center.
Speaker 9: Here's your forecast, mostly cloudy skies on your Sunday. Heights will be in the low forties, but this morning we'll have a chance for some wintry mix that slight chance across the tri State, mainly to our north. Look for code Air to stick around through this evening as well as overnight. We'll drop into the teas and low twenties by Monday morning, and their rain chances will return by Wednesday. That's the forecast. I'm nine first one to meteorologist kJ Jacobs.
Speaker 66: This report is sponsored by Taco Bell. Taco bells Loox Cravings boxes give you decad in options. Five dollars get you fan favorites, seven get you the fancy stuff. Nine sends you on a journey of flavor exploration. Get yours at participating stores for a limited time. Prices and participation my Very Drinks excludes freezes, tax.
Speaker 67: Extra Carrier turn to the experts located dealer at Carrier dot com.
Speaker 68: Looking to earn more with your checking account, Kemba has the answer. Get green checking pace you up to forty five dollars a month. It's as simple as using your debit card, viewing e statements, and logging into online or mobile banking. Open your account today and earn up to forty five dollars a month with Kemba. For details and qualifications, visit kemba dot com. That's k e mba dot com APY equals annual percentag yield monthly example based on earning four percent APY on a daily balance of fifteen thousand dollars throughout a twenty eight day qualification cycle and meeting all qualifications lead subject to change in sure paycuas.
Speaker 20: Charlie's battery is struggling to start not ideal before the tailgate, so he goes to AutoZone. Welcome to AutoZone, where friendly autozoner test is battery for free.
Speaker 8: Looks like he needs a new one, so he gets a door.
Speaker 21: Last battery, have fun and stay warm.
Speaker 20: And he makes it to the tailgate early enough to get his favorite spot free battery testing and charging no hassles, just help, didn't the song, so restrictions apply.
Speaker 36: The holidays are all about family, warmth and togetherness. Make sure your home reflects it as well. Pella's inspired designs and energy efficient windows bring lasting comfort and beauty. Pella Now pay later makes it easy. Visit Pellow Windows Cincinnati dot Com today and make life brighter.
Speaker 8: Holiday guests are on their way? Is your house ready clear the clutter now?
Speaker 69: Get a ten to fifteen or twenty yard dumpster from driveway dumpsters.
Speaker 8: For two four weeks just two ninety nine.
Speaker 33: Book your pre holiday cleanout at d dumpsters dot com.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super short coming soon.
Speaker 65: The Holy Grail is your headquarters for all the college and NFL games this season. Enjoy bucket beer specials every Saturday for college football. They've got every game so you won't miss any of your favorite team's action. Going Moegger, Tony Pike, and Ken Brew before every Bengals home game for a live broadcast. It's great food and great action all season long. The Holy Grail is the home for all sports in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: The Holy Grail.
Speaker 8: Your search is over, Hi.
Speaker 70: This is Dave the thor guy with Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky. Tackle You're broken garaged Call five one, three, three four seven.
Speaker 15: Door Football season is here.
Speaker 19: Cinci Fans and bell Terr Casino Resort has all the action. Celebrate a hometown win with non stop gaming action, incredible dining with six restaurants. Are relaxing a hotel and spa or tiop at our world class Tom Fazio Design Championship golf course for Cincinnati football. It doesn't get much better away from the stadium than here. At bell Tera Casino Resort in Southern Indiana.
Speaker 7: Gambling problem call one eight hundred nine.
Speaker 8: Ninety four eight four four eight.
Speaker 71: Make Beerg Apartments your home before the holidays, offering one, two and three bedroom apartments all around.
Speaker 21: The Tri state area.
Speaker 71: Visit brgapartments dot com today to find your new home.
Speaker 15: Rocky here.
Speaker 72: If your windows are letting in cold air, it's like having a poor O line with no protection. Yoky windows will lock down your home like a championship caliber front. Don't continue to get sacked. Visit Gilki dot com for a free draft analysis today.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? Seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 7: From all of us.
Speaker 73: At O'Connor a Chania Levy, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season. If an unexpected accident disrupts your celebrations, our team is here to help day or night. O'Connor a Chania Levy. Protecting what matters most Autumn has arrived and winners not far away. Stock off on wood pellets from Energy Pellets of America to heat your home or business this season. We also carry eco friendly animal betting pellets great for everything.
Speaker 74: From horse stalls to hamsters. Made with recycled wood. You can buy single bags or one ton palettes. There are many reasons why wood betting pellets are the solution to your animal betting needs. Visit Energy Pellets of America dot com for your wood pellet needs. That's Energy Pellets of America dot Com.
Speaker 1: News Traffic and witnen. This is a game.
Speaker 3: They news updates, they're tracking them, they're killing them, and we'll keep killing them so long as they're poisoning our people with narcotics so lethal that they're ten amount to chemical weapons.
Speaker 4: With a ten o'clock report, I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. That's the Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth defending the US air strikes in September on a suspected drug runner boat in the Caribbean that killed survivors later after the initial strike. He was speaking at the Reagan National Defense Form and Seemi Valley yesterday and he says he stands by them, I.
Speaker 5: Mean growing accusations of war crimes. I fully support that strike, except standing by the decision of the admiral who ordered the subsequent strike. But hesitating when pressed about releasing the video.
Speaker 6: So' reviewing the process and we'll see.
Speaker 5: But just days ago President Trump told me he would release that full video.
Speaker 4: And of course the concern is that it is against international law to kill defenseless survivors, a policy followed by most of the world's military. We always give you traffic and weather together, and right now things are looking pretty good, although some of the roads are a little slick with some do and some of that wintry mix that we've been talking about right now taking a look at travel times though coming up from northern Kentucky, there are no delays from the Florence area up seventy one to seventy five, and traffic is moving through the Paddock Road construction area on seventy five.
Speaker 8: Hug those lavius horcats.
Speaker 9: After a foggy start across the dry States and a brief window for a wintry mix, we'll have mostly cloudy skies and warmer temperatures this afternoon in the low forties. Overnight some left little more could transition to some snow flurries into Monday morning. Meanwhile, we're going to be cold on Monday, in the lower twenties, teens Tuesday morning, but warm me up by Wednesday with rain chances from your severe What the station, I'm nine first one of meteorologist kJ Jacobs's Vidio seven hundred WLW on radar.
Speaker 4: We are seeing that wintry mix now coming over the border from both Indiana and Kentucky and heading into the.
Speaker 7: Tri State area. Just be aware of some slippery road conditions.
Speaker 4: And at Bengals game day forecast for Buffalo, it's going to be lack effect snow today. It's already started with highs about thirty degrees this afternoon for Joe Burrow and the Boys to take on Josh Allen. Bengals Gamday forecast is built by American Home Tech. The best defense starts with a strong roof American home Tech dot com thirty two degrees right now in the Tri State. More gun violence today. Are shooting this morning in Millvale on Millvale Court. Police haven't said who was involved for what happened there, but their investigation is taken them to a second location, police on Bowling Green Street. We will have updates as we get them. Matt Reese hasmore on the gunfire heard yesterday in Westwood, Cincinnati. Police were called a Westwood Northern Boulevard near Nicholson Avenue in Westwood about six o'clock Saturday morning, a man who'd been shot. Fire department tried to save him on the scene, but it was too late. The victim died.
Speaker 75: Now police have arrested twenty one year old Calvin Bowman and he is accused of murdering that victim. Thirty five year old Bobby Kin matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred double.
Speaker 4: L, double D and we received news this morning that a graduate student at UD has died unexpectedly. The campus officials told classmates in an email. Twenty four year old san kirth Pinu Maala studied mechanical engineering.
Speaker 7: No cause of death has been released.
Speaker 4: The campus will have a prayer meeting there on UD's campus Tuesday afternoon at the Kennedy Ballroom. I'm Sandy Collins. Next news coming up at ten thirty. News Radio seven hundred DOUBLW West.
Speaker 67: BANKO strives to be a better financial partner by providing you with the tools, resources and advice to power good financial decisions. We're here to help you build a strong foundation for today, tomorrow, and beyond. Because money does not make you wealthy understanding it does. West Banco Bank member Fdic Muegger here.
Speaker 16: I do anything to be at a bar watching the Bengals with some wings and a nice cold bud Light game days right around the corner. Can't wait to head to my local spot to order some wings around the butt lights and turn it into an official watch party. Anything for bud Light, the official beer sponsor of the Bengals. Enjoy responsiblely Anheuser Busch butt Light Beer Saint Louis, Missouri, Hey, Cincinnati, Moweger here. Buffalo Wild Wings has thirty four Cincinnati area sports bars. You can stop by the Beachmont Avenue location tonight for their Pick six for nineteen ninety nine or their new create your own Ultimate sampler. It's Atlanta and Tampa Bay at eight fifteen, so enjoy the game, enjoy the Wings, and let's go sports bar. Hey, football fans, it's time to gear up for the holidays, and your Tri State Chevy dealers are here to help you get ready for the magical season ahead with exciting red tag savings on an award winning lineup that includes stylish as like the road trip Ready Equinops the Uncompromising Equinox ev and the future packed Chevy Trailblazer.
Speaker 15: It's the most wonderful time of the year and it all.
Speaker 16: Comes together and as Chevrolet for exciting Redtag offers. Visit your Tri State Chevy dealer today.
Speaker 57: Being this third generation of Saint Clair's, I've learned it's important to get props to those who.
Speaker 8: Deserve credit first and foremost.
Speaker 53: We would not have lasted over seventy years without great customers like you.
Speaker 8: Thank you procusing on for seventy years Ray Saint Clair Rooping.
Speaker 76: Miami University is first in Ohio and twelfth nationally for a four year graduation rate. Plus ninety nine percent of our grads are employed or furthering their education within six months of graduation. Miami University is where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit miamioh dot Edu.
Speaker 23: Carrier Turn to the Experts, located dealer at Carrier dot com.
Speaker 27: Liz is the R and L Carriers. Pregame Sports Talalk sent it by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chile. Feeling good, It's Skyline time, Adore and Twindow Company. They sell the best and service the rest. Encore Technologies. Visit OnCore dot tech. Postman Law injured, call eight four to four Postman others promise Postman delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers for all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 69: And now pregame sports talk. Thank you, mister announcer with a big voice. About three hours to kickoff a little less than that.
Speaker 18: You're on ESPN fifteen thirty seven hundred WLW Welcome back to the pregame show. It's the Bengals and Bills. We're counting down to little business. First, let's check out and see who's hot in the NFL. Brought to you by Plumb tight fast response times, no service fees. Well, there's nobody, or was nobody hotter last week than quarterback bow Knicks the Denver Broncos twenty seven to twenty six win at Washington. Bow was twenty nine and forty five for three hundred and twenty one yards and an interception. There is only one team hotter than his Denver Broncos, who have now won nine nine in a row and lead that AFC West by two. Nine in a row for the Broncos not quite as good as ten in a row. That's where the New England Patriots sit. Ten wins in a row. For the Patriots, they lead the AFC East by two games. That's what the Bills are trying to catch. Patriots have the week off, they have a late season by As for the Bengals today, well here's the key. They got all those turnovers against Baltimore last week, five of them, and according to the team, according to people like Jordan Battle, let the turnovers keep on coming today in Buffalo.
Speaker 15: You know, just you know, having awareness with the ball.
Speaker 77: You know, it's obviously it's gonna be cold out there, you know, Uh, so that the ball might be a loose, I mean, it might be a little loose, you know, to get the balls a little hard in your hands. So you know, you have to take advantage of that, you know, as a defense, it's gonna be snow, it's gonna be cold. Uh, the ball might be coming out fast and might be able to opportunities for tip picks. For the balls in the air. So you know, we's got to be able to capitalize on all those opportunities that we get.
Speaker 18: Get that ball away, turn that ball over, get Joey b good field position. Always a strategy on defense. You probably saw this week that the two thousand and twenty six Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists were released, and there are three categories. There's coaches, there's contributors, and there's players. And among the three finals for the players, our former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Else Greenwood, former San Francisco forty nine or running back Roger Craig, and our own quarterback Ken Anderson. Ken Anderson should have been in the Hall of Fame ten years ago. He is now a finalist, and the chances of him getting into Canton next year are not good. They're not good. They simply aren't because the voting system was changed by the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and why, well, let's find out somebody who has a vote. We don't know if he's voting for Anderson or not, but he seems to talk very well about him. Is someone who has been around a long time and knows exactly what this Pro Football Hall of fame is all about and who should be in because he's a student of the game, even at an advanced age. He's a good guest of this program. He's our good buddy who's covered many NFL teams over the course of his career. He is Clark judge. Let's bring them in.
Speaker 15: Clark.
Speaker 18: How are you on this glorious game day.
Speaker 78: Well, I'm doing well, Thanks very much, can't thanks for that intro. Yeah, it's confusing because they changed the process and the rules and process last year. So what we used to have was a separate seniors committee, a coach slash contributor committee, and then we separated the coach and the contributors to the three subcommittee, and we bring out three seniors, a coach, and a contributor, but they would be separate finalists voted on separately. So the seniors voted against each other, and the coaches and the contributors voted independently. And if you've got eighty percent of the vote, each semi voted to those three seniors each got eight percent of the votes. They're in. The coach eight percent, he's in, the contributed a percent he's in. They changed that last year. They say no, we're going to consider them all together, all five together, and take the top three. However, top three each has to have eighty percent of the vote. And as you know, in the first year of implementation, which is this year that didn't happen, only one of those five individuals got eighty percent of the vote. That was Stirling Chubb. So people like my phone grin Ralph he is the founder of the league founded, not in and didn't get in, and so we really have one individual who got in. So it's confusing, confusing some of the voters, and so we finally will walk through it. But that's the way it goes. Now you have five people. Now Ken Anderson is one of the five, but he'll be considered along with Els Greenwood and Roger Craig. Those are the three seniors, and then he'll be considered votes three will be considered along with Bill Belichick the coach, and Robert Kraft, the contributor. Finals. You're going to take three of those five. So what happened last year was they cannibalized each other, and if you do the math, you can kind of figure out why this year maybe it won't be that way because there's a feeling that Craft and belichicking are sort of slamm dunk maybe I don't know. Well, that then means you're only what one senior, but he has to get eighty percent of the vote. And again, they could cannibalize each other so that you have only let's say Raft in Belichick vote. That's the way it goes.
Speaker 18: Conceivably you could have no one. Am I right? If no one get conceivably the class could have no one.
Speaker 78: Yeah, I don't know that that's the case. I would have to go back and read the fine print.
Speaker 58: Again.
Speaker 78: I don't think that's the case. But you know, i'd say out sensibly the teams that way. I know when these rules are drawn up. I had a historian call me and say, you know what's gonna happen. You're going to get no more than maybe four people for the entire class. And he was frightening.
Speaker 58: Now we have four people for the fire fall third.
Speaker 78: Past years we had seven. So so that when you talk about Ken Anderson, that's going to be the concern here if you assume Belichick and Craft are going to get in, and some people do this and push back on either and it's not that it's not or both. But it's not worth going into some perspective. I don't think enough to consider that they're going to not get twenty percent or eighty percent of that vote that the roll if you had twenty five percent vote against and you think that's possible, I don't. So you go, there's two spots that are taken. So now we got one, and of those three, that individual has to get eighty percent or more, and it's only one you can't have. Let's say you're not going to have all three get a eight percent, but let's just say it's Roger Craig, but he got seventy five percent not getting in. And so those three guys, as I said, could scandibalize each other. That happened last year or for the reason still in charge. One convinced got in because he was a recent guy and people kind of say, look at that record, oh yeah, he should get in, all right, but you know what happened. He was the only one of five. Did that happen again, I don't think so that was crafted in felicheck up.
Speaker 18: So the maximum number that could come out of this when you factor in the contributor, the coach and the senior committee players, The maximum that could get in would be three. Three, is that what we're saying Raft? Okay, correct? And so we're thinking here that Kraft and Belichick could both go in together. Obviously, that would be one of the finest That would be one of the greatest shots in the world of Belichick and Craft together on a stage, regardless of where it is. But over and above that, you've got Anderson, Craig and Greenwood. I mean, all three of them are deserving to be in the Hall of Fame. But only one of those three then would would then be able to qualify. So there's no way you're going to get two players out.
Speaker 78: Of there, right, No no way. And that one person has to have eighty percent of the votes. He doesn't, he's not getting in. So let's just say, and you know, Ken, we're on a time to stay. But let's just say you like Pelichick and Craft, you go, I want to put the men, So you vote for Greenwood.
Speaker 58: Okay, I say the.
Speaker 78: Same thing, But I'm voting for Craig, someone else is voting for somebody else's voting for He's voting for Ken Anderson. He's okay, we're all I mean, so we're what we're doing is we're first in those three votes, so they none of them can get eighty percent and and so you're left with nothing. And that wasn't the intention. But just you know, read the tea leaves to we's getting chafted. The seniors are. You know, they're far more qualified seniors than there are qualified coaches and contributors. And I've said for a long time now, since they change this process, let's do what we did when we consider them all together, be way back when, but the seniors, coaches and contributors all in the same market and in the same back and basically and pull out the top three. Okay, and there's some years, and there'll be plenty of years when you don't have a contributor, you don't have a coach, because they just aren't that many. They're over fifty all decades players who are sitting there who've never discussed. And that's why Ken Anderson's an anomaly. He has been discussed. He was discussed as a modern ear candidate back in ninety six to ninety eight. He hasn't been discussed in them.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, okay, okay, there's the what was the idea behind them. I mean, would why would it change? Were there too many people going in? Why would they change the process.
Speaker 78: There was a feeling among some people, and I'd say probably some Hall of famer's voice it. As we know, Dion Standers is one of them, that there were people they didn't feel we're qualified who got into the prof Hall of Fame. They thought we were letting some people in who weren't necessarily a Hall of Fame qualified. I would say, I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I thought it was a valid point and some that should have been considered that all of a sudden we went from one end of the spectrum to the other. And it happened because the Hall of Fame I think, was responsive to what they were saying and heard this from other people and said, okay, we probably should up the bar a little bit. But they upped it so far that the seniors now have a tough time getting in. Whereas you know before, when Jim Porter took over, he listened to us saying, there's so many qualified seniors, we need to get more than one in. Each year was one, and then two, and one and then two. They did it every of the year of the into but he said, Okay, we're gonna do a maximumber three hawlllujah. And and so now we got in people like Ken Riley we should have been in. Okay, then Riley gets in. But but now if Keim Riley comes up under this kind of strategy and this kind of scenario, he's going to have a tough time getting in. You if you had him in this year's plaff, you know, haven't helped the guys going against Bill Belichick and Robert Croft, because I think there is going to be just a maximum one guy. And I would say, honestly written out bright to bet let's say being Craft and Belichick and maybe maybe the one that would be Roger Craig because he's more recent. There is a recency bias for me that bothers them. And if I think if you look at the history of what we're doing here, to apply uh as a senior and played before nineteen seventy, you need not apply because you're not getting in, not getting in, And there are plenty of guys and you and I are all enough to remember Del Shaffer, Jimmy Pang now Wizards guys who should be in, and they just don't get anymore.
Speaker 18: Del Schaffner was a wonderful wide receiver, had some medical issues during his career and played through them. I thought he was thought it was great. Elsie Greenwood. I mean, I hate to say it's sitting in Cincinnati. He was a massive talent along that Steelers and Craig you know, wins a suit he wanted. You might have went on two super Bowl winning teams. Three there you go. I only had him on one three super Bowl winning teams. All right, well, we'll hold We'll keep our fingers crossed for Ken Anderson. Willie Anderson is still up. I think, Uh, he was progressing through the product voting process and getting in these rooms closer to it. Uh do you hold out hope for him this year or what do you think about Willie?
Speaker 78: I hold out hope, but because of this process and I don't know what's going on anymore. I mean, we used to say, okay, we're putting five modern era guys at night five and that's generally was eight people. It was five modern era guys and three seniors and or coach eight. But then we go we go to and we went to FORBI because the projects had changed. So yeah, you want to make it tougher. He did make it tougher.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and confusing for the population. You know, the general populus just absolutely crazy. We're chatting with Clark Judge. Okay, we got Bengals Bills today. There are two key games that I'm looking at today. One is Pittsburgh and Baltimore. That's in Baltimore, and of course today it's Bengals and Bills. We'll leave the Pittsburgh Baltimore game aside. Bengals and Bills. Burrows back, it's in Buffalo. They match up pretty well with Buffalo. Buffalo doesn't have us. It's big, passing, catching tight end. They've turned the ball over a lot in the last four games, but still in all, they got James Cook and they've got the best rushing offense in the NFL. How do you see this thing playing out?
Speaker 78: I see it as they must win for the Bengals. I think they've got a chance. I always like Buffle at home, always do because they've got Josh Allen, and I think Josh Allen is Superman. But you guys have got Superman.
Speaker 18: Also.
Speaker 78: When you watch Joe Burrow come back, the impact he has on a ball club, all you can do is watch that game last weekend and the defense is playing much better or yeah, I'm playing better because not on the field all the time, and Joe Burrow's moving that club up and down the field. And I said this to you before we went on the air. I absolutely love to watch him play. But I love everything about this guy. How many people would have come back from that injury before they were supposed to and say, oh, why would I think back for a team that's going nowhere? Because I love this game and I'm getting paid a lot of money to play a kid's game. His attitude, it's got to be something that really has an impact on every one of those people in the locker room and they go, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, we got a shot.
Speaker 78: Now, it's a long shot. They have to win this game, obviously, but you look at the rest of the schedule, they could last the field. And as you mentioned that Steelers Ravens game, that's a big win because, as you also mentioned earlier, you can't afford for one of those teams this sweet. Both of them are on their heels, and there's so much on the heels of people in Pittsburgh are saying, hey, it's a time for Mike Tomlin to go and Ben Roethlisberger say, I think it is. I mean, that's the team that's sort of been dis array, but the Ravens didn't look any good last week into the Bengals. It's a different Bengals team with Joe Burrow, and it should be because he's a senior and elite quarterback. I think I still, as I said, I favored Buffalo at home only because shot jall On five plays the win there. And and I realized, you know, a couple of years ago whenever it was that the Bengals didn't win. But you've got a pressure Burrow. You've got to if you can't pressure Burrow, fix you a part. But I probably like the Bills here. I would love love to see the Bengals get it because it's a great story. What what Joe Burrow is doing is a great story, whether it win or lose it. He's coming back with what he did terrific. I just I admire the guys.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and it's a big game for the Bills too. I mean, they got their heels dug in. They still think they got a shot at catching New England. So there's there's a little bit on the line for them in this game today as well. All right, Clark, we'll see how this all plays out with the Hall of Fame in the next couple of weeks. Uh, you have a great holiday and hopefully you know I can talk again closer as we get to the voting. Thanks.
Speaker 58: I look forward to it.
Speaker 78: And did I confuse you subsicion?
Speaker 18: Well, I'm a man who is easily confluted. Confused, Clark, So the ball was really really low for me there with. But but yes you did. But nevertheless, we'll figure it out. Thanks.
Speaker 58: I got my job done.
Speaker 30: You bet.
Speaker 79: You bet.
Speaker 18: The Bengals have to win today. I think the other thing that has to happen, and I don't want to get too far ahead of this thing, but Baltimore plays Pittsburgh today. They play the Ravens or the Ravens play the Steelers again at the end of the season final game. That game against the Ravens will be in Pittsburgh. They got two games left home and home.
Speaker 8: You don't want.
Speaker 18: Whoever wins today to win again the last game of the season. You don't want to sweep by either the Ravens or the Steelers. You don't want it sweep gets that team to eight wins, and if that's a sweep, Pittsburgh's got a game at home against Miami. Yeah, they got to play Cleveland. Yeah, they got to go to Detroit. You don't want that. Baltimore, you don't want them to sweep. After today they come here, then they play the Pats not easy at green Bay, and then that game with Pittsburgh. You don't want one of those teams to sweep. You don't want them to get to eight wins. And then all have to they all only have to figure out that one team that gets a only has to figure out to get one more. But that's a lot of that that that's so far in advance, it's it's kind of crazy. Your eyeballs will rule in the back of your head if you too much time on this stuff. Ten twenty four still to come. Lee Stirling and his five games he says, will be winners for you today in the NFL. That is much much more. This is the RNL Carriers Pregame Show. It's presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred w l W Queen City runnings ten days.
Speaker 80: If Christmas sale is going on now, check out our biggest sale of the year on running and walking footwear and apparel. Visit Queen City Running in White Oak and Westchester. Happy holidays and hope to see on the roads.
Speaker 81: I'm Duing Webber and I'm Adam Webber of a door and window. Give the gift you can open all years. Save up to fifteen percent on Provia entry doors and patio sliders. Save up to twenty percent on Clope garage doors and windows, Bipella and Provia plus combine and save another five percent off your total order. We even offer nobody down and zero interest for two years. Purchase a Liftmaster garage door opener and save up to one hundred and twenty five dollars. Offers good through December thirty first. Find out more at a Sales dot cosmy.
Speaker 47: Celebrate this Christmas season at the Creation Museum. Experience shimmering lights, a live Nativity, and inspiring Christmas dramas, plus enjoy warm seasonal treats. Create a tradition rooted in faith and family. Don't miss it. Get all the dates and details now at Creation Museum dot org. Slash Christmas Lance pacanister here Hot in one room, cold on the next.
Speaker 82: No duckwork, no problem. Carrier Duclos Systems will bring enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com find a carrier dealer that can recommend the right Ducklos solution for you. Carrier, turn to the experts.
Speaker 54: I'm here with Jason Heckman, owner of Rebath Cincinnati. You just replaced a shower in our guest bathroom. What an experience.
Speaker 83: I mean that we handle everything from design, removal and installation, so it's hassle free.
Speaker 54: Don't wait like I did. Start today at Rebath dot com. At Wings and Rings, we know that value is everything. That's why your favorite Cincinnati wing destination offers daily savings Monday, Kidzie free Tuesdays, enjoy forty percent off boondless and traditional wings all day long, and happy hour specials from three pm to six pm every weekday at Wings and Rings Beach.
Speaker 35: Montoyota is stocked with a wide selection of new vehicles. We've got great deals on cameras, Tacomas, rabt Wars, Highlanders, and Siennas. Plus every new Toyota comes with a two year no cost maintenance plan. For added peace of mind, shop online or visit Beach Montoyota.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super short coming soon.
Speaker 53: For ten years, families have trusted Kelsey Chevrolet. Now we're driving forward with a new look, the same promise and more ways to deliver peace of mind. Visit us today and experience the difference from our family to yours. Kelseyshev dot com.
Speaker 30: Get in the zone.
Speaker 20: Charlie's battery is struggling to start, not ideal before the tailgate, so he goes to AutoZone. Welcome to AutoZone, where friendly autozonner test is battery for free. Looks like he needs a new one, so he gets the door last battery, Have fun and stay and he makes it to the tailgate early enough to get his favorite spot. Free battery testing and charging, no hassles, just help get the song. Restrictions apply from the ballpark to the back roads.
Speaker 72: Hudson Oil Fuels the heart of our tri state farms, contractors, truckers and generators.
Speaker 8: You run the game and we bring the power.
Speaker 22: Hustle grit fuel.
Speaker 72: That's Hudson Oil Cincinnati Strong, just like our hometown team Hudsonfueloil dot Com.
Speaker 24: Try State Ford buyers get to Mike Cast seed Forard in Milford or mike castc Ford Lincoln of Alexandria right now. The year end sales event is here. It happens only once a year and this is it. Take advantage of the best feels of the year. Get zero percent financing for sixty months on our most popular Ford models, but only at mi Cast seed Ford Lincoln of Alexandria and Mike Caster s Ford located in Milford.
Speaker 18: Make it more.
Speaker 84: Thomas Moore University, our sing's Essential program is designed with you in mind. Enjoy all access dining plans, easy parking and more included with your tuition. Visit campus and schedule now at Thomas Moore dot edu.
Speaker 18: Seven hundred WLWESBN fifteen thirty rd L carriers pregame show I'm ken Brew Bills and Bengals on the horizon. This could be a very busy afternoon for Cincinnati linebackers Barrett Carter and Demetrius Knight. Junior Josh Allen likes to run. He can drop back and throw. He can stay in the pocket, but he is more effective outside the pocket and then of course when he gets outside the parket he can run. And Demitrius Ana was talking about this this past week.
Speaker 85: That's a guy you cannot take for granted, especially when he scrambling and make it plays on his feet. Got a great big arm that people know about, and he'll make you pay for it if you're not plastering. So just it goes back to you know again, as I say pretty much every week, mastering the basics and being your new Year one eleven. Whatever your job is in that plate you miss, you do it for the best of your ability.
Speaker 18: Yes, when he talks about plastering, he is not talking about drywalling. He means sticking with Alan regardless of where the Bills quarterback may go. Now, what happened in Cincinnati sports history on this date? It's brought to you by Pedal Windows and Doors making life brighter? Pellow pay later. What happened in Cincinnati sports history, Well, let's go back eleven years to the twenty fourteen season. The Bengals were at home against the Steelers on this particular date, and Pittsburgh beat the Bengals forty two to twenty one. Bengals went to eight four and one after that they were a playoff team. Of course that year Andy Dalton twenty one of twenty nine, three hundred and two yards, two touchdowns, throwing one touchdown, rushing aj Green as they say, went off eleven catches, two hundred and twenty four yards and a touchdown. But even even better, fifty years ago today, the Bengals flew out to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles and won thirty one to nothing. They went to ten and two en Roots to an eleven and three season and a playoff berth Ken Anderson twenty of thirty five, two hundred and twenty eight yards, a touchdown, two interceptions. Four interceptions total for the Bengals defense, including left cornerback Marvin Cobb for a good cornerback on that team. Two interceptions for Cobb in that game in a thirty one nothing shutout of Philadelphia. That's what happened on this date in Cincinnati sports history. All right, straight ahead, Lee Stirling, He's got some winners for you. He's got some winners on this the RNL Carriers Pregame Show presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen and seven hundred w l.
Speaker 1: W News Traffic and win. This is a Game Day news update.
Speaker 4: Another roadlock in Trump's revenge tour. This is the ten thirty report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. The prosecution of former FBI director James Comy has hit another roadblock Yesterday, further complicating the case, a judge has dismissed the DOJ's indictment.
Speaker 86: A federal judge on Saturday granted restraining order that temporarily prohibits the Department of Justice from accessing critical evidence seized from the computer of Daniel Richmond, a professor and confidant of KMY who served as his intermediary to the news media. Prosecutors had relied on files seized years ago without obtaining a new warrant, and the judge ruled that the DOJ's retention of those files violated Richmond's Fourth Amendment rights, which protects against unreasonable searches and seizures. Peter Harralambu's ABC News.
Speaker 4: Latest traffic and weather together. You're heading out. The outer lanes are blocked on northbound seventy five. This is in the downtown area near the ninth Street on ramp. Again, they are outer lanes blocked due to a crash. If you are coming northbound on seventy five into Cincinnati, heading towards the cuff for Camp Washington, you're going to have break lights coming up just after you pass the west end.
Speaker 9: Huge Ladys forecasts mostly the cloudy's guys will continue into the afternoon. Temperatures will warm up. We may even carve out some sunshine now. We will still have that slight chance for rain today overnight, some snow flurries possible into early Monday morning, staying cold all day Monday. We'll have a brief warm up Wednesday with heights in the low and mid forties, but the chances of rain will be with us on Wednesday. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologists kJ Jacobs. These radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Wintery mixed showing up on the radar right now, thirty two degrees here in the Tri State. Our Bengals game day forecast is built by American Home Tech. The best defense starts with a strong roof of America home Tech dot com. Gonna be snowy in buffaloed today with temperatures around thirty degrees at game time kickoff is at one o'clock. You'll hear it right here on the home of the best Bengals coverage. Little update for you with that I seventy one crash yesterday coming into Cincinnati near the Casino southbound at sent two people to the hospital. A car and a semi collided, but both should be okay. A Cincinnati road raid shooting has a sixty nine year old man in jail. Robert Griffith, allegedly fired into a vehicle on two seventy five. He says ran him off the road, through a metal object at his car and flashed a gun. His attorney says that Griffith was defending himself, but the prosecutor doesn't agree, charging Griffith with a polonious assault. Griffith is out on bond. His cases now with the grand jury. And does it really matter that Netflix is working to take over Warner Brothers Discovery. It's a deal worth billions of dollars and it's pretty eye opening since just a few years ago, Netflix was a company that rented customers their DVDs and mailed them to their home. A new firestorm is erupting over this news. The Writers' Guild Union says the world's largest streaming company swallowing one of the biggest competitors is what anti trust laws were designed to prevent. Entertainment writer Sean McNulty weighs in.
Speaker 10: The writers guilled. The team stairs have also raised their objections. The movie theater owners have also raised their objections. So not a lot of people are feeling this deal out there now.
Speaker 4: Netflix says this is a pro consumer move, signaling cost savings and convenience. I'm Sandy Collins our next update at eleven on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 82: Transform your kitchen like Kelly and I did, make a statement with your countertops. Stone Statements transforms your kitchen with studding courts granted or court site offering skilled craftsmanship, state of the art technology, and exceptional customer service.
Speaker 22: We love the results. Learn more at Stone Statements dot com.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 36: For fans who love a top shelf experience, this one's for you. Your donation to the Cincinnati Cancer Advisors this holiday season. Also you to win sweet tickets to the Bengals Browns game two nights at Ltel Park Hotel Altra, air, Bourbon and more. For details or to donate, visit Cincinnati Cancer Advisors dot org.
Speaker 54: When your property needs concrete work that last. Call the pros who do it right the first time. Quality blacktopping and concrete. Mark Burke and his team are trusted across Greater Cincinnati for commercial lots, curbs, sidewalks at stand the test of time, durable, dependable, done right.
Speaker 82: Lance Bacalister. Here, hot in one room, cold in the next. No duckwork, no problem. Carrier Ducloss Systems will bring enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com Find a carrier dealer that can recommend the right duckless solution for you.
Speaker 22: Carrier, turn to the experts tests.
Speaker 30: What's up?
Speaker 55: Oh?
Speaker 56: You know the cfone needs me to book a week of travel. I'm days behind on invoices, the plants and a lot of You're dying now I have to order lunch for eighty with gluten free options.
Speaker 15: Just use easy cater.
Speaker 57: Easy cater one platform built for workplaces, tons of great restaurants any group size, with tools to meet dietary needs and stay on budget.
Speaker 8: Plus rewards warts.
Speaker 15: You earn rewards points when you order good for discounts or even gift cards for you.
Speaker 7: Now, that's what's up.
Speaker 18: Easy Cater the easy rewarding way to order food for work. Order now at easycater dot com.
Speaker 16: Hey, it's Mowager football seasons here, and you know there's no better place to catch every game than Longnexsports Grill with waterwall, TVs, ice, cold drinks and mouthwatering wings. Longnext is your home turf for every touchdown, tackle and tailgate. So bring your crew to Long Next, grab a seat and enjoy all the action with great food, great vibes, and unbeatable specials all season. Longnexsports Grill, where fans gather and game days come alive. Visit any of their three locations Hebrin, Richwood and Wilder Long Next Sports Grill, Stay Long Come often.
Speaker 87: Looking for IT solutions at deliver results. Encore Technologies has you covered. We specialize in secure data management, cloud services and innovative IT strategies tailored to your business needs. Our team of experts works tirelessly to ensure your technology infrastructure is robust and reliable. Visit OnCore dot tech to learn more about our comprehensive IT services. Encore Technologies Driving your business forward with cutting edge solutions.
Speaker 8: Let's shout it out of the park together.
Speaker 39: The world needs Sesame stream and right now Sesame needs you donate today. It's Sesame dot org slash iHeart. That's s E s A M E dot org slash iHeart.
Speaker 21: Ever, what lives you bus for nothing?
Speaker 7: At difference?
Speaker 18: It is the RNL Terriers pregame Show. It's presented by your Cincinnati and the Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. I am Kimber. We count out of the Bengals and the Bills. Bengals have to win out, but they got to win the day to win out right. I mean when a coach says take it one game at a time, this is exactly what he means. So okay, Joe Burrow, you're back, second game back from your toe injury. How do you win this one.
Speaker 30: Same way you win any game?
Speaker 88: Just discipline, winning the turnover battle, playing smart, playing physical, and going about your business each and every day trying to get better. There's no secret formula. You just got to go through the process week to week and attack the plan with intensity and understand it. Understand it to a point that you can go out and execute it in front of the world, and that's that's what we plan to do.
Speaker 18: Well, let's see if that's what happens. Let's see if that's what happens, we.
Speaker 8: Hope, we hope.
Speaker 18: Time now to look for the important piece in this game. How do you break it down to just one thing? How every piece is important? Brought to you by Denado's Pizza. Where every piece is important. Donado's is the official pizza of your Cincinnati Bengals go a number of ways on this one. I'm looking at the Bells offense. They've got a questionable starter at right tackle, Spencer Brown. Dalton Kinkay. Their talented tight end is questionable. Although we're told he is going to try and give it a go, he's got a knee problem. So you got the right side of that Bill's offensive line a little banged up, if not suspect, I think this is going to be a game where it might be the Bengals defensive front that will carry this team. Now you're gonna say that's crazy. They don't have Trey Hendricks and nobody have Joseph Asai, who is terrific against the Ravens on Thursday night of last week, Miles Murphy, who has been an underachiever up until about the last two games in his time here in Cincinnati. This is a door opener for both of these guys. If Osai can keep bringing it and can contain the quarterback Josh Allen from getting outside the pocket, it's going to a long way in the Bengals winning this game. So every piece is important, there's no question about it. But if you're looking for two, I just gave you to Miles Murphy Joseph Osai against a line that the Bills have when healthy is a tad suspect, but now with their right tackle and their best tight end not I think that's that's worth keeping an eye on today. It's among five games that our buddy from Paramount Sports, Lee Sterling, is watching. He's got five games he wants to handicap for you right now that you could make big dollars on. Should you choose to wager today? Let's bring them in, Lee Sterling, how are you on this glorious game day.
Speaker 89: I'm great, well, not so great about watching the Miami Dolphins, my team and the Jets, So we'll leave that one out.
Speaker 2: With that one out, so, uh, this was probably going to take at.
Speaker 18: The other five and seven. They're still hanging around, aren't they? The Dolphins?
Speaker 89: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 79: But I have a nephew.
Speaker 89: He when the Dolphins went one in fifteen that one year and Cleo Lemon led them to the win against the Ravens, you're.
Speaker 30: Ready for this.
Speaker 89: He predicted they were going to go sixteen and oh that year. Every single week the Dolphins continue to win.
Speaker 79: He sends me a picture, you know.
Speaker 18: Of all the teams and the Dolphins in the hunt.
Speaker 2: Still mathematically in the hunts.
Speaker 79: So I might take a sedative before that came out.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to do is that's one of the games.
Speaker 79: That's one of the.
Speaker 89: Games I'll tape and watch a day or two later.
Speaker 18: There you go, Well, here's a good one. We got the six and six Dealers at the six and six Ravens. Ravens are giving five and a half. Baltimore, as we both know, was awful against the Bengals a couple of weeks ago, but they were awful against Pittsburgh last year in that in that wild card game. The thing that them was that rushing yards. They rushed for two hundred and ninety nine against the Steelers, Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh takes the ball away, and Baltimore turned it over five times against the Bengals. So here they are at home the Ravens giving five and a half.
Speaker 89: What do you think, Well, I don't think they're going to go all of a sudden from turning ball over five times to none.
Speaker 79: But with a couple of takeaways.
Speaker 18: Steelers don't have to run the ball here.
Speaker 89: They're only running the ball for ninety seven yards per game, which is twenty seventh in the NFL out of thirty two teams. Even when they doubled.
Speaker 79: It that rushing output at Chicago.
Speaker 89: They still found a way to lose the game here. But I can't trust Baltimore either. What these two teams, they're sitting at six and six. They remind me of like race horses, you know that had better days and they're running around the track.
Speaker 18: At six and six.
Speaker 79: You need to stay alive.
Speaker 89: And they're kind of looking back and they're like, oh, Bengals are four and eight, we better get y up a little bit. If they win, we could be in trouble. I think Baltimore will find a way to win the game year twenty seven to twenty three, But I think the right side might be to take Pittsburgh plus the six and a half.
Speaker 18: So take take the Steelers and the points. Ravens, though win the game, which again would put them a leg up in the AFC North. I didn't see this until I actually researched this next one eight and four Colts, eight and four Jags or meeting in Jacksonville to day, Jags are getting points point and a half. Indianapolis hasn't won in Jacksonville since twenty fourteen. Since twenty fourteen, that's just an amazing history. Here's Jacksonville, one of the top ranked defenses in the NFL, and the Colts have lost two in a row. Man, this could be tough sledding again for the Colts.
Speaker 28: Huh.
Speaker 18: Well, that's what I thought.
Speaker 89: And I'm looking at the game and I'm saying, well, okay, and I watched last week. Indianapolis had some horrible calls against them, and officiating was terrible in their game against the Texans. I mean three or four calls that clearly either shouldn't have been called or went the other way. So that being said here, I still think they're very talented. I know Sauce isn't playing he's going to be out a little bit. But bottom line is they can run and throw the football well, and Jacksonville they need to have the running game to set up play action in their passing game. On top of that, one key starters out for Jacksonville on the offensive line, and they might be missing another two. There are some game time decisions there. We'll see if they come out and they're able to give it a go. But I think they're compromised there a little bit here. I like Indianapolis. Here they're begging you, begging you to take Jacksonville. They're saying you get a home underdog. They're getting one and a half points. They have won ten straight. Don't fall for the trap, Indianapolis, the right team is favored twenty.
Speaker 18: Seven to twenty twenty seven to twenty Indy. Okay, I'll put the calls at nine and four. The AFC South, it's a phenomenal division this year. I mean it's so competitive. You got the Texans at seven and five. Here they are today at the Tree said six and six. Chiefs are giving the Texans three. Kansas City's fighting for its playoff life. I mean currently they're riding tenth leg and out of the money. But here they are giving three and they haven't looked good and a Texans team that has a defense that will just maul you. What do you think.
Speaker 79: I'm going to take a different approach to this game.
Speaker 2: Okay, and here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 89: So most people look at this game, they'll say Patrick my homes Oh is an e wonderful. They're gonna say CJ. Stroud, he's a top ten quarterback. Totals forty two. We just need a twenty three to twenty game.
Speaker 8: We'll take the over.
Speaker 79: Well, you got a Houston defense might be the best.
Speaker 89: In the NFL right now.
Speaker 79: You have a Kansas City.
Speaker 89: Defense top five, top six, led by Steve Spagnola, one of the greatest defensive coordinators there ever has been.
Speaker 2: And you have both teams.
Speaker 89: Offensive lines aren't good Houston because they're a bottom five offensive line.
Speaker 79: In Kansas City because the injuries.
Speaker 18: They might playing some.
Speaker 89: Guys today, but we're on the practice squad a week or two ago.
Speaker 2: So with those I think poors offensive lines.
Speaker 89: And also whether it's gonna be cold, I mean it's gonna be low twenty for this game, windy, rainy.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna limit the quarterbacks here.
Speaker 79: Don't fall for the trap.
Speaker 89: Another game, people will play the over, go the under forty two total points here in City Houston.
Speaker 18: Take the under. Take the under in this game. Okay, yeah, a lot. I don't know. I have a lot of friends in Philly and they're so uneasy about this Eagles team, and I'm thinking, I'm thinking myself, well, okay, I know that they didn't play the run real well against the Bears. Bears ran for almost three hundred yards. But they're playing a Chargers team today out in LA. Chargers are giving or getting two and a half. They're getting two and a half. And Herbert just had like fracture surgery out his left hand Monday. It looks like he's going to play. Why should the Chargers, I mean, I understand why they're getting points because of that. Why should Eagles fans feel a lot easy about this game?
Speaker 89: Well they should because they're going to be without one of their starting defensive tackles, maybe their top two or top three player on the team, and Jaylen Carter he's out and the.
Speaker 18: Offense can't do anything.
Speaker 79: I mean, this is a game with.
Speaker 89: Where I'm going to take another different approach.
Speaker 30: We haven't done this.
Speaker 89: I don't know if we've ever given out two unders, but I think this is a dead under here. I think the Chargers are going to play it safe their offensive line. They don't want to take a chance with a pass rush of Philadelphia. You know, Jalen Phelps came over from the Dolphins and he's paying dividends. But this total year is at forty one. I think both teams just want to make sure they don't turn the ball over. They want to protect their quarterbacks here. Both teams can't push the ball down the field here, and both special teams question marks also under forty one total points here, I think we're going to see like a seventeen thirteen game. Either way, Why take a chance when you might have seven to ten points of leeway here with a total or second.
Speaker 18: Under of the show under take the total is forty one. Take the under. Well, that just leads us into December. Here we are the first games of December. Now, Paramount Sports, you guys love to hang a tag on these months, regardless of what the months is. What are we calling December? Paramount Sports?
Speaker 2: Double down December?
Speaker 89: So do you want to hop on board with us one thirty seven, seventeen and one run in the last eleven weeks. Let me repeat that, thirty seven wins, just seventeen losses and one tie.
Speaker 18: The last eleven weeks.
Speaker 2: We won nine of the eleven weeks. A couple of them have been five to oho and.
Speaker 18: Four and one weeks.
Speaker 79: You want to give us a shot, now's the time. Five selections today and five selections.
Speaker 89: Every single Sunday through the end of December. How about this just one hundred and ninety seven dollars.
Speaker 18: It's called Lee's NFL.
Speaker 89: Sunday Golden Ticket. Just one hundred and ninety seven dollars. One place Paramount sports dot Com.
Speaker 18: And again for that one ninety seven, what do you get?
Speaker 89: You get five selections today, my top five plays at games that I'm betting you're going to get five each Sunday the next four Sundays, going all the way into the new year.
Speaker 30: That's great, it's great.
Speaker 18: This is a big game for the Bengals today in Buffalo. The Bills are giving five and a half. Buffalo turns the ball over a lotly. I mean, they've had six in their last ten eleven turnovers in their last four and Josh Allen has had six of them. Cincinnati's defense look good, got admitted against Baltimore. But I think James Cook may have a big day here. It seems like Buffalo's got the best rush offense in the NFL. It's going to be cold, it's in Buffalo. Huge game for the Bengals and they survive Cook running wild on the field there.
Speaker 89: Well, I have him in my fantasy and he's been the one that's kept me in the top three in my fantasy league.
Speaker 79: So I do you know? Obviously, I know that he is.
Speaker 89: That good and he is someone running and catching the ball right now. He's in top two, top three in the league.
Speaker 18: He is that deadly. But they taught a lot of weaknesses.
Speaker 89: I don't think their offensive line is top tier. I think the receivers get very little separation and drop balls, and then their defense. They've had a ton of injuries here and they're hot and cold. I mean, they've had some good weeks. They had a great game planning and plays called by Joe Brady last week against a team that was giving him the run, daring him to run the football and laying back for the past. So what did they do they take what they were given. But I still don't think Buffalo's top three team in the ANFC and Joe Burrow on the field. Cincinnati number one in time of possession on the road, so they control the ball in the clock. For some reason, the defense plays better when Joe Burrow starts. I think they're more inspired and they hustle around a little more. And that's a lot what defense is about.
Speaker 18: Obviously, talent is number one.
Speaker 89: But after that, it's you know, sometimes you get knocked down, getting up off your feet and trying to make the play. Sometimes you know when that running back or that receiver is trying to get loose here. So I like the match up here one team favorite Bengals pull off the socker here thirty to.
Speaker 18: Twenty seven, thirty to twenty seven. Yes, sir, keeps the hope of the dream alive.
Speaker 30: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 18: Hey, Lee, have a great week. You and I will visit next week. Until then, stay healthy.
Speaker 79: Okay, sounds good, Take care see again.
Speaker 18: Okay. So for the record, for the record, he likes the Steelers and the points. He thinks the Ravens way anybody likes the Steelers with the points. He wants the Colts. He says, twenty seven and twenty Colts. Colts, who've got to give a point and a half to the Jaguars in that game. But he said, go with the Colts. Now, He's got two games where the total is in play Texas Chief, Texans Chief. He didn't pick a winner. He said, the total is forty two. In this game, take the under. Eagles Chargers didn't pick a winner. The total is forty one. He said, take the under. And then he likes the Bengals today and you don't need the points. He says, they win straight up thirty to twenty seven. He went three and two last week for us. Overall, with the rest of his picks he did much better, but for our stake last week he went three and two. See how he does this week. Let you know next week. You're listening to the RNL Carriers pregame show. It's presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred wl W Branchers.
Speaker 90: You can trust rest Assured. Western and Southern's family of companies is always here. Visit Western Southern dot com slash rest assured to get started today file lever of long.
Speaker 14: Line Toyota thun is on and there's no better way to get in the spirit of the season than with a new Toyota like the Family size Highlander and the bigger, more powerful Grand Islander. Now through January fifth, you can get four point seventy five APR financing on any remaining new twenty five Highlander or Grand Islander, including hybrid models.
Speaker 18: With APPROOFD credit.
Speaker 14: Through TFS Plus, you get Toyota Care two years no cost maintenance. For complete details, go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's go places.
Speaker 8: Winter is coming fast. Make sure your roof is ready.
Speaker 91: American Hometech offers free inspections, winter ready roofing solutions and expert help with insurance if issues are found.
Speaker 8: Protect your home before snow and ice arrived.
Speaker 81: Schedule your winter prep inspection today at American home Tech dot com.
Speaker 51: And stay ahead of storms from the Tom Recton Heating and Air Tempstar Weather Center.
Speaker 8: Here's your forecast.
Speaker 9: Mostly colities us on Your Sunday heights will be in the low forties, but this morning we'll have a chance for some wintry mix. That slight chance across the tri State, mainly to our north. Look for cold air to stick around through this evening as well as overnight. We'll drop into the teas and low twenties by Monday morning, and their rain chances will return by Wednesday. That's the forecast. I'm nine first one to meteorologist kJ Jacobs.
Speaker 66: This report is sponsored by Taco Bell. Taco Bells Lux Cravings boxes give you decad in options. Five dollars gets you fan favorites, seven get you the fancy staff, and nine sends you on a journey of flavor exploration. Get yours at participating stores for a limited time. Prices and participation may very drinks exclude, freezes, tax extra what a.
Speaker 8: You're till Katie watching from home? We're cheering out the stadium.
Speaker 5: Let's keep the energy high in every game day.
Speaker 8: Clean and cream.
Speaker 61: Remember to recycle with Rumpky, the recycling leader and an official trash removal and recycling partner to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 18: Learn more at rumky dot com.
Speaker 1: Listen and imagine.
Speaker 5: It takes five seconds to send a text, and for those five seconds.
Speaker 1: You're driving blind.
Speaker 15: Life is worth more than a text.
Speaker 8: Stay alive, don't text and drive.
Speaker 21: Visit stop text stopprex dot org.
Speaker 73: A message brought to you by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Project yellow Light Noise and the AD Council.
Speaker 15: Hey, it's maagger this holiday season.
Speaker 16: Let's help Ortho Sincy Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Saint Vincent de Paul collect new unwrapped toys at all Orthosincy locations now through December twelfth. Just drop off a new unwrapped toy at Orthosincy. Visit Orthosinc. With they dot com to learn more.
Speaker 92: One day only, Furniture Fair delivers unbeatable deals. We've marked down thousands of items for our huge soaper Saturday zo extended through Monday. Get up to an extra twenty percent off of guaranteed lowest prices, an extra ten percent off clearance, fifteen percent off reclining furniture and bedroom furniture, and an extra twenty percent off mattresses and dining furniture, plus extra coupon savings on select items, and to guarantee delivery by Christmas. Held over through Monday only at Furniture Fair.
Speaker 72: Earn fifty five thousand dollars year one, with the potential to earn up to six figures as a metro operator full time. Great benefits paid CDL training and a two thousand dollars hiring bonus. Apply at Godashmetro dot com, Forward Slash Careers.
Speaker 93: Penn Station Rewards. Earn points with purchase and redeemed for rewards you crave like freestobs, fresh cut fries, fresh squeezed lemonade and m more.
Speaker 8: Penn Station loved yourself earned rewards you crave.
Speaker 26: Smoke Justice is just a block and a bridge from the stadium in Covington. Video walls bring your favorite team to life on game days. Smoke meats and the largest selection of bourbons. Make Smoke Justice your football headquarters. Trust us your senses well, thank you. Smoke Justice at Ropelink Point in Covington. Marching into Buffalo the Bengals today, cold and maybe some snow. Let's salute the performer of the week.
Speaker 18: It brought to you by Crown Royal, the official whiskey of the Bengals, bringing the spirit to every game this season. So this is going to be a collective thing. I'm going to drop it on the defense against the Ravens on Thanksgiving Night, Baltimore had the ball for thirteen series thirteen. Six of those thirteen series featured six drives, six drives that started with zero or less yards zero or less yards. Think about that, thirteen drives, I'm sorry, thirteen possessions. Six drives inside those thirteen possessions started on first down with zero yards or less. Make a team underperform on first down, you stand a better chance of getting off the field on third down. Now, Buffalo has got a couple of things going forward in this game too. Yes they're eight and four, Yes they're two games behind New England in the chase for the AFC East Division title. But Buffalo has played historically well in December since twenty twenty. Buffalo is twelve and one in December twelve and one, and why well for a lot of the reasons that they're not accomplishing. Now here's Josh Allen on that December record.
Speaker 94: I mean, I don't know the statistics or anything like that. I'm assuming that we've done a good job of protecting the football, you know, and especially especially games at home, being able to use cadence and making sure that we're communicating well.
Speaker 30: I think that helps.
Speaker 94: But we got a again daunting task this week against a team that's playing really well. Obviously, Joe coming back is a huge spark for them, you know, and it's gonna be all hands on deck.
Speaker 18: Yes, it is, including it linebacker because Terrell Bernard is out, Shaq Thompson has to step in. Aging veteran Shaq Thompson has to step in. He knows what his role is today.
Speaker 95: Limited penalties, create turnovers, you know, limit turnovers as the offense and you know, just keep putting drives together and the defense is just get off the field three and ows and create turnovers. Score on defense. You know, that's gonna be one way, really to me, the only way to separate ourselves. Or even if they get in the red zone, you know, three points are less, right, don't let them get in.
Speaker 18: Sounds like maybe a strategy for the Bengals as well. As we approach the two hour mark before kickoff in Buffalo. So which NFL contenders can you actually trust at this point of the year. CBS Sports Zach Peerless is next. He has sorted out twenty playoff hopefuls and placed them in tears in this a parody filled season. Stand By It's next on the RNL Carriers pregame show presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. You're listening to seven hundred w WELW and ESPN fifteen thirty. This is where they orange into black plays might put it all to w WCKWY Cincinnati News, Traffic and Women. This is a Game Day News updated.
Speaker 4: A stark to mind on Capitol Hill over the Trump administration's both strikes. With the eleven o'clock pregame report, I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. Senior lawmakers shown video of multiple US strikes against one suspected drug boat back in September. On the second that second strike link to survivors, The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee describing that second strike as an attack on defenseless survivors, an act that, if true, would violate international law, but some Republicans calling the four strikes lawful and necessary. Here's Democratic Representative Adam Smith of Washington, the top Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee, on ABC's This Week.
Speaker 96: If it is a war, then there should be either congressional authorization or compliance with the War Powers Resolution. So this seems to go directly against Donald Trump's pledge to keep US out of wars. He seems to be dragging us into one without legal authorization.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, some Republicans are calling the four strikes lawful and necessary.
Speaker 67: Seventy five percent of Americans support us blowing narco terraces out of the water in the Caribbean who are trying to poison Americans.
Speaker 18: There's no real legal debate about the ability to do that at is.
Speaker 4: Republican Senator Eric Schmidt of Missouri. Now, the latest traffic in weather together northbound seventy five near the Western Hillsvine is blocked with an accident on the right lane. That is northbound seventy five just before the Western Hills Viaduct, So expect to break lights if you're coming up over the bridge and into Cincinnati. That's the only problem we have right now on the tri state highways. And we just got a tipster calling in about a large police presence and ambulances at the Route four and Kemper Road. We've got a call in to dispatch to find out more huge babies forecast.
Speaker 9: After a foggy start across the dry States and a brief window for wintry mix, we'll have mostly cloudy skies and warmer temperatures this afternoon in the low forties. Overnight, some left of a more s could transition to some snow flurries into Monday morning. Meanwhile, we're going to be cold on Monday in the lower twenties teen Tuesday morning, but warm me up by Wednesday with rain chances. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologist kJ jcobs New's radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 4: We're above freezing right now thirty five degrees with a wintry mix here in the Tri State. From news Radio seven hundred WLW. The Bengals game d forecast is built by American Home Tech. The best offense starts with a strong roof americanhome Tech dot com. Looks like the Bengals in the Bills are going to be playing in the snow today. Kick office at one o'clock right here. Cincinnati Police stepping up their presence on Elm Street downtown amid some growing safety concerns.
Speaker 7: Here's the latest from Travis Laird.
Speaker 97: A twenty four hour mobile command unit is now parked at Elman Finley after two shootings last month, including a drive by that injured three people. Neighbors say The trouble stems from a nearby bar called Privy. The owner disputes that, arguing crime in the area isn't linked to his business. Police say the mobile unit is a temporary visibility measure while safety plans are discussed. City council will get an update on the situation. Tuesday, I'm Travis Lair News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Our Matt Reese reports on the Heartwell shooting that left another Cincinnati and.
Speaker 7: Dead this weekend.
Speaker 75: Friday night, about eight o'clock, Cincinnati police were sent to Ferndale Avenue between Vye Street and Burns Avenue in Hartwell. There had been a report of a shooting. Police found a victim with a gunshot wound and he was taken to UC Medical Center where he died. His name Johnny Deonte Thomas, and police are looking for information from the public on who killed Thomas, who was twenty seven years old. Matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred WLW and.
Speaker 4: In sports, Championship weekend has wrapped up for college football with major postseason ramifications. The Big Ten champion is Indiana. The Hoosiers upset the defending national champions and beat Ohio State thirteen to ten to earn its first Big Ten championship since nineteen forty five, a long time coming. The final College Football Playoff poll comes out tonight with the five highest ranked conference champions earning automatic bids. I'm Sandy Collins on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 98: As Hollywood Casino, Lawrenceburg. This New Year's Eve, We're giving away one hundred and fifty cash. Everyone gets a free entry with a penplay Card's be twenty one Gambling problem in Indiana one eight hundred nine with it or text I in GAMV two fine three three four two.
Speaker 18: It's football season and Little Miami Brewing and Old Milford is the place to be. Catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brews, and dive into kilder pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts here. Got an unused car, don't let it set. Donate it to DAV Disabled American veterans. You'll support free services that empower over one million veterans every year. It's quick, free and impactful.
Speaker 97: Go to dav dot org, forest slash cars and support those who serve Darnasia.
Speaker 18: It's football season and Little Miami Brewing and Old Milford is the place to be catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brews, and dive into killer pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts here.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business? A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super short coming soon.
Speaker 18: You're one stop for advertising.
Speaker 15: Call eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 8: iHeart.
Speaker 46: More than forty three thousand veterans across the tri State trust their healthcare to the Cincinnati VA. Why because their care is built for veterans, delivered by providers who understand the unique challenges and experience that comes with military service. From primary caret especialty programs, the VA is there to support every aspect of a veteran's health and well being. If you haven't enrolled yet, now is the time. Join the thousands who rely on the Cincinnati VA. Call them at five one three four seven five sixty four ninety nine.
Speaker 64: Anthony Munhos here your number one player, cheering on my number one automotive teammate, Rose Automotive roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony munhals heare your number one player cheering on my number one Chevy GMC.
Speaker 30: Teammate, Larkin Cobb.
Speaker 64: Larkin Cobb is number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find new ros of Eton and Larkin Cobb.
Speaker 36: Hey, it's twenty pike here did someone say creamy palm? Denado's dead introducing our brand new cream Palm sauce for a limited time. Get it on our bacon spinach palm, chicken veggie palm or our chicken veggie medley.
Speaker 18: Either way, you can't go wrong. Donado's Pizza Gotta love.
Speaker 15: More did.
Speaker 20: Charlie's battery is struggling to start not ideal before the tailgate, so he goes to AutoZone. Welcome to AutoZone, where friendly autozoner test is battery for free.
Speaker 8: Looks like he needs a new one, so he gets the door.
Speaker 21: Last battery, have fun and stay warm, and he.
Speaker 20: Makes it to the tailgate early enough to get his favorite spot free battery testing and charging, no hassles, just help.
Speaker 81: Didn't disoon zone restrictions apply. I'm doing Webber, and I'm Adam Webber of a door and window. Give the gift you can open all year. Save up to fifteen percent on pro Via entry doors and patio sliders. Save up to twenty percent on Clope garage doors and windows, Bipella and Provia Plus combine and save another five percent off your total order.
Speaker 7: We even offer no money down and zero interest for two years.
Speaker 81: Purchase a Liftmaster garage door opener and save up to one hundred and twenty five dollars.
Speaker 6: Offers good through December thirty first.
Speaker 34: Find out more at Adoorsales dot com.
Speaker 27: A This is the R and L Carriers Pregame sports Stock presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame sports stock is brought to you by Skyline Chilly feeling good. It's Skyline, Time, Adoor.
Speaker 18: And Twindow company. They sell the best and service the rest.
Speaker 27: Encore Technologies visit OnCore dot tech, Postman Law Injured, call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And now pre game sports took yes, yes, yes, we.
Speaker 18: Are just about two hours from kickboff and the opening kickoff is brought to you by Adorn Window Company. They sell the best and then they service the rest our. Thanks to Bill and Adam Webber for their continued support of the Bengals all these many years. Less than two hours to go. Look, James Cook can turn a game on a dime with the way he runs the football. Last time out against the Steelers one hundred forty four yards, before that against the Texans one hundred sixteen yards. He put up one hundred and fourteen against the Chiefs earlier this year, two hundred and sixteen on the ground against the Panthers back in October, and he had one hundred and thirty two against the Jets all the way back in September. He has twelve hundred and twenty eight yards so far running the football for the Buffalo Bills, and Zach Taylor knows stopping this this guy is job one.
Speaker 48: He's got great patience and vision and quickness and acceleration and play strength. So I mean, you can just go on and on and name every intangible and physical trait you want to running back to have. He has it a lot of confidence in the scheme. I know from working with Aaron Kromer in the past, the line coach. He does a great job and Joe Brady painting a vision for what they want in the run game and how it's supposed to be from a technique standpoint, where we're supposed to hit. And so you've seen back have success, you know, and so I don't think that's shocking. And it's not even just him. He's a great back, but the other backs get in there and do great job as well. So really dangerous attack.
Speaker 18: Yeah, got to watch out for him today, particularly on a day where the field may be a little slick. Ball control for both teams very important. The Bengals chances of making the playoffs are slim as of right now. There's somewhere between two to seven percent. A lot of the models are showing them as long shots. In fact, NFL have them at two percent. They got to win out get some significant help. If they beat Buffalo today, well then that percentage gets a little bit better. The bottom line is the only thing they can take care of is themselves, and that is worrying about Buffalo. The NFL is jumbled this year. This is the first time in NFL history where there are five divisions with a lead of under one game this late in the season, and because of that, predicting who wins what division and who the wild cards are are very difficult. Yet there is someone at cbssports dot com who is attempting to do that. He is Zach Peerless, and he has a story out right now that says which NFL contenders can you actually trust? Sorting twenty playoff hope falls into tiers in this a parody filled season. Zach Peerless checking in now from the home office, and it's great to have him here on seven hundred WLW on ESPN fifteen thirty. And Zach, how are you on this glorious game day?
Speaker 2: I'm great, I'm great. What a wonderful week of football we have started to day?
Speaker 18: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. Now I see this this story. I don't see the Bengals on this list. So you're not a believer yet, are you?
Speaker 2: Not quite?
Speaker 55: I think that one of the toughest things for me is that they've dug themselves such a hole, and believe me that they have seen North is certainly not inspiring a lot of confidence, right now.
Speaker 2: But it's still just going to be such a call task for the Bengals to get there. There's certainly a team.
Speaker 55: I feel like we've had this talk before. They're a team that no one would want to see in the postseason. The question is did they dig themselves too deep of a hole to even be in that postseason?
Speaker 18: Well, they've got to run the table. I mean, there are some people in this town that think that if they win four of their remaining five that they're going to get in. I don't see how a sub five hundred record wins. The AFC North is as bad as that division has been. But Burrow is back and that's certainly a huge plus. Their schedule is not all that demanding once they get past this game today against the Bills and next week's game here in Cincinnati against Baltimore, and then it's Miami, Arizona and in Cleveland. But obviously any chance they have spins on these next two games.
Speaker 2: Right, absolutely, one hundred percent, right, I think that.
Speaker 55: Man the Ravens, it's just been one thing after another good season, and even as they have sort of steadied the ship record wide, their level of play has simply not really been close to what we expected.
Speaker 2: The you know, the Steelers, I always had some questions.
Speaker 55: About, and I'm actually in Baltimore today to see their showdown, but I just I have not been really impressed by the Steelers all season long. Obviously Mike Commlin knows how to pull out some smoking mirrors victories, but they just it's just not there offensively.
Speaker 2: In the Ravens.
Speaker 55: You look at this team and you've seen this core do it before, it just hasn't been the case this year.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson just.
Speaker 55: Not really close to the quarterback that he has been, you know, for essentially his entire career, but especially the past two three years.
Speaker 2: So it's these two games.
Speaker 55: Like the Bengals, they have to do it now, certainly if they want to start today.
Speaker 2: The Bills are a beatable team.
Speaker 55: I think that Cincinnati has done a great job improving their running game throughout the year, which is kind of funny because that's the thing that they always wish they had the compliment Joe Burrow, and now they've kind of discovered it without him, now that these back will see how good that offense could be. Certainly like to see them establish the ground game today. The struggling Buffalo defense.
Speaker 18: Well, they rushed for one hundred and twenty eight a couple of Thursday nights ago against Baltimore and average about four on the ground. But you're right about their defense, it's been sub par. So I'm just wondering in your opinion was last Thursday night, Thanksgiving night? Was it an anomaly the way they played defensively or do you think something's happened here where maybe they finally figure this thing out defensively.
Speaker 55: I think there were some elements of an anomaly in there. I think you've got one punch out right.
Speaker 2: At the goal line, Isaiah likely loses the ball. You got kind of a fifty to fifty. Maybe you get it. Maybe you don't call on a Zay Flowers touchdowns.
Speaker 99: But having said that, the things that you have to do to kind of get off the mass defensively, especially in the day's NFL, you have to one get a.
Speaker 55: Little bit lucky because the offenses and the quarterbacks are so so good, and two you have to play with outstanding effort, and you saw it on the Isaiah likely fumble, especially when you have some basic struggles. The Bengals they do not tackle well. They have a lot of issues kind of over pursuing and there are just some fundamental issues that maybe can be fixed here there. But the things that have to be right are that is the effort, and you certainly saw that, and that's half the battle. Sometimes even more especially when you have a good offense. Your defense can either be really really good down to down which the Bengals they are not trending that way, or they can make a big play here or there. And that's what you saw Thursday night, is you saw the takeaways. You saw the ability to make a play here or there.
Speaker 2: And if they can get to.
Speaker 55: That level, if they're bad or mediocre for fifty plays, but they can make three or four that you know, either stop a drive or turn into points for the offense.
Speaker 2: That's really really important. You have to be able to do something, even if it's just a few plays a game. That's all that this Bengals offense might need.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, well yeah, that's the hope. In your article, you break down tier by tiers, Tier one, tier two, all the way to tiers six and tier one is inner circle of trustworthiness and you've got the Rams and the Packers above everybody else that are right now playoff contenders or teams that look like they're certain for the playoffs. Tier two is interesting. Quarterbacks can carry them Chiefs, Bills, Chargers, Chiefs Bills, Chargers. The Chiefs, as you point out, are playing for their playoff lives tonight on Sunday Night Football against Houston. We already know about Buffalo, and then there's the Chargers and what they have out there. With Herbert just wondering about the Bills, let's just keep it focused here. Josh Allen is a guy that can throw his team on his back. He's also a guy that has been giving up the football a little too much via turnover. I'm just wondering of the three quarterbacks, Mahomes and Josh Allen and Justin Herbert, of those quarterbacks that can carry teams, which of those three do you think is the top in your Tier two.
Speaker 2: I think I still have to go with Patrick Mahomes simply because we've seen it so many times.
Speaker 79: I think that he is there.
Speaker 55: It's so interesting you look at the splits between Mahomes versus Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: In the regular season, the Bills win time after time.
Speaker 55: It gets to the postseason and Patrick Mahomes has beaten the Bills every single time, so I think obviously you're right. The Chiefs have their backs against the wall one hundred percent. This is about as close to a must win game as it gets for especially this It's late in the year, but it's early to have must win games already. The Chiefs have run out of roomer error, so I'm really interested to see Patrick Mahomes. He was excellent on Thanksgiving, they still lost, so questions about the defense have crept up. Patrick Mahomes has to be pretty close to perfect, and they're gonna have to do it against a very very good Texans defense, and the Chiefs are going to be down several offensive line starters.
Speaker 2: That's never a good recipe for success against Will Anderson Jr. And the Neil Hunter.
Speaker 55: So I'd still take Mahomes, but he might have to be as good as ever just to get Kansas City to the playoffs.
Speaker 18: We've got a Tier four here, trust the defense, not the offense. You have trust the offense not the defense in Tier three and you mentioned the Texans there, Seattle and Denver are in the trust the defense category. Then you have wild cards, and the Ravens are inside the wildcard group with Philly, Chicago, San Francisco, the Colts, the Jags, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Baltimore as we as we mentioned, played the Bengals. We could go Thursday night. I don't since they can play any worse than what they played on that in that game, and a lot of that had to do with how the Bengals played against them. But as you look at the AFC North right now and you've got Baltimore and Pittsburgh in a huge game tonight that you're at at Baltimore between the Steelers and the Ravens. If you had to look at the AFC North right now and pick one of those three teams Bengals, Ravens or Steelers to win it, who would it be?
Speaker 55: At this point, I'm still going with the Ravens. I just cannot imagine Lamar.
Speaker 2: Jackson continues to be this bad. It's one thing to have him be a little bit limited as a runner.
Speaker 55: His progression as a passer throughout his career has been remarkable, especially as a downfield passer. Right now, he's not the runner that we've seen him be, and he's not close to the pass or that we see him be. I just don't think that that's really sustainable, though. I think that he's going to be better. He has to be better, but he's also going to be better just I think he has gone through some stretches here.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it seems like almost.
Speaker 55: Every quarterback, except for maybe Patrick Mahomes, maybe Joe Burrow, you've been, they go through these stretches where for a few weeks it just doesn't look good. You mentioned Josh Allen will give the ball to the other team. He'll have these stretches where, you know, five or six turnovers in three games. Lamar Jackson is just going through a brutal skid right now. One of these ones where he says, I make these frozen practice.
Speaker 2: He can make these frozen as sleep, and he's not doing it.
Speaker 55: You gained, So if you take into account of big picture, I think the Ravens defense has improved. I think that Lamar Jackson is slumping right now, but there's no way this slump and goes through the end of the season. And also when it gets cold, when the conditions aren't great, I want Derrick Henry in my backfield.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm still leaning Ravens.
Speaker 55: But we're certainly going to find out today. This is a big one, and strange things tend to happen when the Ravens and the Steelers meet.
Speaker 18: Yeah, no question about that. Zach Peerless, cbsports dot Com as our guest. He is at that Ravens Pittsburgh game. All right, I got about a minute here, Zach, give me your handicap on these games today, Cincinnati at Buffalo, Pittsburgh at Baltimore. End of the day, who's the winner, who's the loser in both of those games.
Speaker 2: Here in Baltimore. I'll go with the hosts Baltimore.
Speaker 55: They're too good running the ball, that's been an issue for Pittsburgh all year, and Aaron Rodgers playing with a broken left rist. Everything that he does so well from under center, he's not doing because it's not fun to pass under center with a broken ridge, breaking nude. And then when we head up to Buffalo, oh man, I think it's going to be a good one. I think there are going to be a lot of points scored. I think at the end though, Josh Allen is going to be a little bit too much. I think the running game, especially is going to be a little bit too much In Buffalo gets.
Speaker 18: The way James Cook and route to it at least an eighteen hundred yard season. He's rushed already for over twelve hundred. All right, The story again is which NFL contenders can you actually trust? Sorting twenty playoff hope pols into tears in a parody filled season. Zach Perlis, the author, not quite buying into Bengals yet. Maybe we check back with him in twenty four hours. Zach, thanks for your time, man, We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me. Always a blast.
Speaker 18: Well, we'll see how much of a blast it is in Buffalo where the snow is falling. Temperatures as well, could be a factor throughout the game. There is some breaking news out of Buffalo. I think this is more fodder for after the game today and on and through the week. The Bengals have suspended wide receiver Jermaine Burton. He was listed as inactive, he did not make the trip to Buffalo and no reason given for why he is suspended. Jermaine Burton actually now contending for biggest Bengal draft pick bust in the last twenty five years. Unbelievable. You're listening to the RNL Carriers pregame show presented by Your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 100: Cincinnati Museum Center's newest Omnimax Adventure is a trailblazing journey through Ohio's natural wonders from Hawking Hills to Kelly's Island, Mohican State Park to the edge of Appalachia. Explore the wild beauty of the Buckeye State Ohio Wild at Heart, now showing at Cincinnati Museum Centers.
Speaker 91: Now is the time to convert to geothermal heating and cooling and earn a thirty percent tax credit before it expires. A Climate Master geothermal heat pump system uses the constant temperature of the Earth to produce year round comfort, slashing your energy bills by as much as sixty percent. But hurry the thirty percent tax credit expires at the end of twenty twenty five. Called the Geothermal Experts at Corcorenen harnessed at by one three nine two one twenty two twenty seven. That's Corcorin and harnessed at five one three eight nine one two twenty two twenty seven and get digging.
Speaker 82: Don't wait for January first to feel your best. Game Day Men's Health is offering a free consultation and blood work this month and next, plus holiday deals including Bogo monthly treatments.
Speaker 22: Spots are filling fast.
Speaker 82: Start feeling better today with Game Day Men's Health Gamedaymen'shealth dot Com.
Speaker 91: Ah Hi, this is Trevor Jones with Robert Jones Plumbing, the world's friendliest plumbers, family owned and.
Speaker 30: Operated for forty years.
Speaker 46: Give us a call for all your plumbing needs, whether drainer pairs, water leaks, or sewerypair.
Speaker 8: That's Robert Jones Plumbing.
Speaker 23: Five one three three five three two two three zero.
Speaker 35: It's the best time of year to drive home something new during Happy Honda Days at Honda East. We're open throughout construction of our new facility and ready to help you unwrap special holiday offers on your favorite models, from stylish Sedan's to adventuready SUVs. The Perfect Honda and the Perfect Deal are waiting. Make this season one to remember with reliability, comfort and cheer. During Happy Honda Days at Honda East. Visit Honda East Sincy dot com.
Speaker 17: Do you own a small business a seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 18: RNL Terriers pregame Show presented by your Cincinnati and Northern kod Tucky Toyota Dealers. Getting closer to kick off. I'm ken brew glate to have you with us. Let's check out today's player Spotlight and that is brought to you by Furniture Fair. Get the guaranteed low price or it's free at Furniture Fair. I'm gonna give you three. I can bring it down to one, and I'm gonna go the interior of the Bengals offensive line Dylan Fairschild left guard, Dalton Reisner, right guard, Ted Carras center.
Speaker 30: Uh.
Speaker 18: We'll see what kind of outside pressure Buffalo can get without Joey Bosa today. But of those three, I think if they can keep the front of the pocket clean, that will give Joe Burrow plenty of opportunity. He's okay against the outside rush usually, but the interior stuff is what he has to worry about. And so you're talking about Dion Walker, the Kwan Jones uh maybe on on uh on occasion, Matt Mulano the linebacker. You've got to You've got to keep the front of that pocket clean. That's my player spotlight today. By the way, pregame Sports Talk brought to you in part by Encore Technologies. Visit encore got tech. A lot of injuries are mounting up for the Buffalo Bills. They've had their share, and I just mentioned one they will not have today and that's Joey Bosa. That's a major loss for them today. They're great pass rusher as well as their linebacker Terrell Bernard. He is out today as well. So Sean McDermott, head coach Buffalo, on all the injuries.
Speaker 101: Is the toughness of our football team is what's going to drive us as we move forward here with as you said, a few of those injuries. So we don't have time to be feeling sorry for ourself. We've got to get ourselves ready for a big time challenge this weekend here.
Speaker 18: As for the Bengals out again with a hip pelvis problem. Is Trey Hendrickson doubtful today? Is Shaka Heyward? In fact, he's out. So that's the injury report brought to you by Postman Law. Injured called eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers Postman Law eight for four Postman as I said, Others promise and Postman delivers. So Bengals have been here before. Maybe last year they learned a few lessons about how to rally here late right, Jamarrow.
Speaker 28: As a teeth respective, I would just say, just not giving up, you know what I'm saying. That's that's the hardest thing, and not putting fingers at somewhere when it's not going our way. I'm personal. I was just saying, being accountable for yourself and just doing your job at the end of the day. That's what it's all about, doing your job and winning.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's what it's all about. In Buffalo at one o'clock today, stand By Countdown to Kickoff is next with Champagne, Wayne box Miller, that Hall of Fame man about town. He'll take you right up to Kickoff with Dan Horde and Dave Lapham. This has been the RNL Kerris pregame show presented by Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota.
Speaker 27: Jos's Bengals Countdown to Kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 67: Burrow ready catches the shotgun snap he's in trouble, throws off his back.
Speaker 20: Bloom Higgins hates the cat touchdown the Bengals.
Speaker 27: The Bengals Countdown to Kickoffs bught to you by Paycore, proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 67: The deep drop he throws the Poorcott hit got deep Paul for Higgins.
Speaker 18: He catches that touchdown.
Speaker 27: The Bengals shot the Bengals Pro shops seven days a week looking at Haye Bulls Stadium. How's the level North or shot the Fengals dot Com slash shot. This is the Bengals Countdown to Kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 102: Good afternoon, and welcome to count Down to Kickoff on the Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network for today's matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills. I'm Wayneboxbillity to count down the kickoff hosting. I don't know if the Bengals have nine lives, but they have number nine and he's already transformed his team's productivity upon his return. Now, they're another one game season and trying to win two in a row against the Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen. Both teams are trying to get back to consistency and both are trying to improve their playoff position. And there's no love lost between these teams, as the Bengals played spoilers for the Bills and the playoffs. But these two teams are inextricably linked forever because of demor Hamblin. But they'll go their separate ways today when the game starts. Standing by with today's called His Game at high Mark Stadium, my colleagues Dan Hord and Dave Lapham, gentlemen, secure the wings.
Speaker 34: Thank you, Bocks.
Speaker 67: Appreciate that today's game demands a weather report at the beginning of the broadcast. I am not a meteorologist, but I'm about to play one on the radio. Oties twenty eight degrees. We have steady snow falling here in Orchard Park, New York, which is a Buffalo suburb. When I arrived at the stadium on the late team bus maybe forty five minutes ago, the field was still bare. Not anymore. It is snow coded now. You can see footprints forming in this light coat of snow. The forecast the rest of the game looks like this. It's not supposed to get much colder. It's going to linger around twenty eight degrees something like that. But the snow is expected to continue, could be up to an inch or two during the course of the next several hours. So it's definitely going to be a factor today here in Buffalo.
Speaker 30: I agree, Dan, I think it will.
Speaker 51: It will be a factor, particularly if it continues to snow at the rate you're talking about that they're reporting currently.
Speaker 89: Yeah.
Speaker 51: I mean, when the numbers disappear covered by snow, and when the yard line stripes are disappear because of the snow, you know it's serious. And obviously the footy can be an issue. And when the footing is an issue, then you got to who can run the football? You got to rely on the running game, and I think the Bengals are going to have to be able to run the football against the Buffalo Bills, that defensive football team of the Buffalo Bills. The Bengals have been running the football better, there's no question about it. I mean, I think that's been a reason that they've played better in recent weeks, that their offense has been balanced. And even with Joe Burrow at the quarterback position, you know, he came back to the hell of a job last week, the big win against the Baltimore Ravens and trying to get another one here in Buffalo, and he's done well here in Buffalo playing against the Buffalo Bills. He is the straw that stirs the drink. There's no question. He's the guy that's going to be the biggest factor in determining if the Cincinnati Bengals can get a W today or not. But I'm telling you the next biggest key is will Chase Brown and shamaj Ap Ryan be able to get the running game going? Not just those guys, Will the offensive line be able to handle the Buffalo Bill's defensive line in the running game. And Buffalo they're stout. I mean they play it. They play it pretty well. I mean they all you know, take a gap. They don't do a whole lot. I mean, Bobby Babbie is not a guy that runs a million looks in eighty thousand, you know, variations off of that. If you figure something out, he's got something that he goes to. They pretty much too.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 51: If they take you on there right in the middle of your chest and you know, trying to stop you and then play off of either side of you to stop run the losso one gap, get in gaps and penetrate, he will load the box to stop the run. If you get that running game going, I think if he does start loading the box, it's a great sign because that means that the Chase brown Ands Andmajrep Runner are getting it done and they're gonna have to put another guy in the in the box that he hopes will be unblocked that can handle the Bengals running attack. An unblocked guy get to the ball, carry and take him down.
Speaker 67: There's player news today involving the Cincinnati Bengals. Wide receiver Jermaine Burton has been suspended for today's game. He's obviously inactive as a result, he wouldn't have been counted on anyway. He's done nothing this year. He didn't make the team flight, so it's just another strike against this guy. He's got all the talent in the world, but has not been a professional in his first two NFL seasons. Laf the Bengals have paid him two point nine million dollars so far in two years, and the return has it's been almost nothing.
Speaker 51: Absolutely, I mean it's it's almost disgusting. Really, here's a guy, like you said, Dan, amazingly talented, elite physical abilities. I mean, he's got really good size, you know, six to two, couple to ten, two fifteen ish, can really run, can change directions, stick his foot in the ground and change direction, and break open and present himself as a viable target for quarterbacks. He's got good hands. You know, he puts the football away. But like you said, he can't be trusted. And you know he has not learned the playbook either. I mean, that's that's that's the big thing. If Joe Burrow doesn't trust you, you got problems. And really Joe Burrow does not trust Burton at the stage of the career.
Speaker 67: So he's not here today. But T Higgins is. He's back from his concussion. He is good to go today. As for how he feels about the weather, well, when they played the playoff game here in January of twenty three, t was captured on Mike saying this weather isn't for everybody, and I'm everybody, so it's not his cup of tea. But I also heard Jamar Chase say to Ta Higgins on the bench just a little while ago, you know what, not too bad today. Yeah, So hopefully that's how they feel about the weather conditions. The temperature in the high twenties and snow falling here in Orchard Park, New York.
Speaker 15: Box Back to you.
Speaker 102: Hey, thank you guys. Back with more of Countdown to kickoff right here on the Bengals radio network.
Speaker 74: So when it's time to get Bengals tickets, you can taggle game dame with total certainty with Ticketmaster. With one hundred percent verified tickets available all season long, you can count on getting in with ease and spend time focusing on the good stuff. Even if you're heading to the game last minute, you can still score seats. Want to meet up inside the stadium with your crew. Transferring your tickets is an easy handoff, So get those touchdown celebrations ready and score your tickets today at ticketmaster dot com slash Bengals.
Speaker 59: Hanilton County veterans don't miss the opportunity to take advantage the valuable services and benefits that you've earned. The Hamilton County Veterans Service Commission is here offering personalized support to Hamilton County veterans and their families, from VA claims and benefits to financial assistance and transportation. The Veterans Service Commission of Hamilton County is honored to connect bets to federal, state, and local resources. Visit HCVSC dot org, like us on Facebook, or call nine four six thirty three hundred, that's nine four six thirty three hundred.
Speaker 103: Boone County Bourbon is proud to be an official bourbon of the Cincinnati Bengals Hooday Nation. It's time to raise a glass of forty five.
Speaker 5: Years in strikes.
Speaker 103: Celebrate this historic season with limited edition commemorative Bingals bottles honoring three versions of uniform stripes. Available individually or as a group of four, featuring three Boone County small batch of bourbon varieties and fan favorite bourbon cream crafted on the bourbon trail.
Speaker 5: Destined for the jungle. This bourbon is for the fans.
Speaker 103: Ask for our limited edition Bingles bottle set at your favorite Spirits retailer throughout Bingles Country.
Speaker 83: United Electric has served the Tri state area for more than six sixty years. For all your commercial and industrial electrical needs. Called Rick reb hooltz at five one, three, three eight three seventy five forty seven or visit us online at UNITEDELDC dot com.
Speaker 102: Welcome back to col Down to kickoff on the Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 22: I'm Wayne box Miller.
Speaker 102: Glad to have you a bored And I tell you what you may not know that BJ Hill and Joe Burrow have been teammates for five years, so his perspective on the impact of Burrow's return from injury is of value. He's standing by with Dan Hort in this week's Waltz Business Solution Players Interview.
Speaker 23: BJ, You've been Joe Burrow's teammate for five years.
Speaker 67: When a guy comes back ahead of schedule from an injury, what statement does that make to his teammates?
Speaker 104: It means a lot, man, even guys who fight through injuries each and every day, seeing them out there practicing, seeing out on the games, meaning that they that they care for the guys some instance like you can't be out there, but guys that you know try to be out there, try to do everything's possible to get out there.
Speaker 4: It means to.
Speaker 30: The teammates.
Speaker 67: So I was watching the postgame celebration after the victory in Baltimore. The big tur ducking spread out there on the field. You were right in the middle of the celebration, and then it looked like you bailed before getting a bite.
Speaker 23: What happened?
Speaker 104: I was ready to go go home, man, It was a long two days for us, and I was like, you know what, let me get in the locker room, take a shour, and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 23: Home to get to my family. You got the feast the next night, I.
Speaker 104: Did, got up early, even though we got back of late. Got up early and I smoked a turkey.
Speaker 23: All right, good to know. We're visiting with DJ Hill.
Speaker 67: Over the last three weeks, the defense has given up an average of seventeen point six points. That would be number three in the NFL if it was for the entire season. What are the biggest reasons for the defensive improvement?
Speaker 104: Yeah, I do the little things right. This was really was killing us at the beginning of the year or halfway through year whatever. That was a little stretch. We just want doing the little things right. And we came back and just skip on work and keep on tipping at the things that we had to get better.
Speaker 30: And we have a point that we turned around.
Speaker 104: We just gotta keep the moment and going, keep on playing defense, communicating and just playing as a team. If we keep on doing that, man, I think a lot of things to take care of itself.
Speaker 23: Are you seeing the light come on for some of your younger teammates.
Speaker 104: H for sure, especially the two rookie linebackers sitting and fly around and having fun, being more confident, just being there in their role. It's a lot when you come in have to play a lot for NFL team, and you can see how they matured and take advantage of each and every rep even in practice, The way they communicate, way they come back to work, just actually just actually older guys. Even they asking me questions like I'm like, all right, I think you're gonna You're gonna be special in this league. Just just keep on working, just doing the right things, the little things, over and over and never get tired of it.
Speaker 67: Do you think linebacker is especially tough for a rookie. I mean Barrett Carter for examples, wearing the green dot. He's the guy communicating without golden I think so.
Speaker 104: I think it's it's tough that in safety to play by those positions, especially mentally, you got a lot on your plate. They're playing the tackle is a rooku. I think it's very hard too, but playing a lot, but you got a lot on your play. You gotta get the calls, you gotta make sure you know what you're doing other people are doing mixture in the right spot, getting the right calls, the checks and just everything you got. You definitely got a lot on the play and you can see the way they just improved over the last couple of weeks. Man, It's it's very exciting to see.
Speaker 67: We're chatting with bj Hill. Joseph OSEI might have had the best game of his career in Baltimore. Two sacks, four quarterback hits in a forest fumble. I remember you raved about his effort when I asked you about him during training camp. How excited were you to see him have a game like that on Thanksgiving Night.
Speaker 104: I'd love to see my guys ball, no matter what room they and I love seeing Joseph just knowing the hard work that he put in over the shoot the last couple of years, even this off seasons, the way he just attacked each and every day shoot. I mean, I'm excited for him, man. It's it's really great to see. You love to see guys have success on the field. You face the Bills in Buffalo this Sunday. You have faced Josh Allen three times before in your career. You have sacked him once. What stands out to you about the Bills QB.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 104: He's everything you want as a quarterback. He's one of the best in the league. He's big, he's strong, he's fast, got a good arms. He's one of the guys that's like I said, he's one of the best to do it in the league.
Speaker 30: Right now. We got a hands full, but I believe we got the defense of the in in our room, the dude we need to do to win the game.
Speaker 104: What do you remember about that sack? I think I said more than one. You don't really count playoffs, but you know we got the playoffs there.
Speaker 68: I got.
Speaker 30: Think I got him twice. I think so.
Speaker 104: Remember I believe he's me and Sam run a text game. I got vertical Sam wrapped around on a sack.
Speaker 23: You know all right?
Speaker 67: Buffalo ran for two hundred and forty nine yards last week and their win over Pittsburgh. James Cook has seven one hundred yard games this year. What must do you do to slow down that Buffalo rushing attack on Sunday?
Speaker 30: He can do it all.
Speaker 104: Catch out the backfield, run it make you miss, hard to tackle. Strong, Like I said, we just got to swim to the ball, get all hasts to the ball. Tackle somebody MISU tackle, make sure somebody right there hitting them right after. I'll be play technic sound. Make sure we're staying in our gass and playing good football together. Build a wall so you know it's hard for him to to you know, cutting them gaps and stuff like that. So we played good football for what.
Speaker 30: We can do we need to do.
Speaker 67: There's still a path to win the AFC North, but it's narrow. If you win this week, does it really feel possible? Does it take a couple of wins Buffalo and Baltimore? Where do you stand on the realistic chances of still pulling this off?
Speaker 104: My mind right now, just one game at a time, look ahead, I'll just come on, play a bis ball whatever happens. And I feel like if you put our bis for Ford on defense sideball, I no offense is gonna take do their part? Who do our side on the defenses all take care.
Speaker 23: Of So appreciate your time, Best of luck against Bill.
Speaker 102: Thank you all right, This Dan Horde and BJ Hill and it's an interview brought to you by Walt's Business Solutions. Remember when you document halts, just call Waltz back and more. Count down the kickoff right here on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 35: Whether you're buying, selling, or trading in at beach Montsweya, We've got you covered, from new to pre own vehicles. We have a wide selection to choose from and great deals happening now. Shop online or visit us at beach Mont Seya Today.
Speaker 82: Transform your kitchen like Kelly and I did, make a statement with your countertops. Stone Statements transforms your kitchen with studding courts granted or court site offering, skilled craftsmanship, state of the art technology, and exceptional customer service.
Speaker 22: We love the results. Learn more at Stone Statements dot com.
Speaker 63: The holidays come with enough stress, travel, family, keeping up with everything. You wouldn't have to add calling inference adjusters to the lists. At Postman Law, we handle it the calls, the paperwork, the pushback. We've helped clients recover over three billion dollars. Because when you're hurt, you need a team that knows how to get results. This holiday season, focus on you will take care of the rest. Postman delivers called eight four four Postman or visit Postman Law dot com.
Speaker 8: Attorney advertising.
Speaker 105: Trust. It's built in moments that matter most. When compassion brings comfort, when a steady hand shows the way forward, When people feel seen, supported and guided with care trust is the promise We live at care Source because we believe health insurance can do more to make lives better and to bring hope when it's needed most. This is care Source today and always trust it. Learn more at care Source dot com.
Speaker 106: Touch Down Bengals Fans, fuel your game day and every day with gore Make Greatness from Dorothy Lane Market, official gourmet grocer of the Cincinnati Bengals. From USDA Prime stakes and burgers to artisan breads like Authentic Sourdough and the legendary Killer Brownie. DLM has flavor that wins every time. Visit one of our four locations, including the Fabulous News Store in Mason, and shop gourmet gifts online at Dorothy Lane dot com. Shop at Dorothy Lane Market where Bengals fans feast like champions.
Speaker 107: This is Tanya Wilmos from Delta Dental, o Ohio. Our mission is to improve oral health through our benefit plans, advocacy and community support. Our dedicated network of Dennis makes this mission possible. Together, We're building healthy, smart, vibrant communities, one smile at a time.
Speaker 8: Every Wednesday during the regular season.
Speaker 26: Join Dave Leppham and Dan Hord on ESPN fifteen thirty for Bengals game Plan presented by bud Light. For more information, visit Bengals dot com slash listen.
Speaker 108: It's the season for connecting to our community, our traditions, and each other. That's why i Altify is here giving you peace of mind. With Internet you can count on, service you deserve and performance you can trust. Aulta Fiber is your hometown provider for high speed fiber internet, TV and home phone services. This holiday season, switched to aulta Fiber and get up to a three hundred dollars gift card. Internet plans started just forty dollars a month. Visit ultafiber dot com today because when you have the best connections, a brighter world is possible.
Speaker 102: Welcome back to Countdown to Kickoff. Ride you on the Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network. Wine Box Miller, thank you for joining us. Hope you're staying warm, so you know want we know. Joe Burrow is back and while at least not one hundred percent, he's taken advantage of everything to keep his foot in step with the program, including the new Cleach he started wearing last week against the Baltimore Ravens. He shared that and other insights as to how is new cleats working, what they're comprised of to help him stay on the field.
Speaker 86: What is in your shoe and that's helping you with your toe?
Speaker 2: Carbon fiber plate and.
Speaker 7: Custom or thought what how does that help your ears help?
Speaker 88: Well, they just can't shoe can't bend because my toe can't go backwards right now, still a little early for that. So just keeps it firm and not bending it back.
Speaker 7: Is it comfortable?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: Are you wearing different cleaves now when you were before.
Speaker 78: Before an injury?
Speaker 30: Yeah? Yeah, these are the ones that.
Speaker 88: I feel like give me enough space.
Speaker 30: And stability to do what I need to do.
Speaker 102: All right, that's Joe Burrow talking about the clean look, whatever the shoe is and so apparatus. Having Joe Burrow on the field is a difference maker. And back with and I tell you what happened in back on the field as you saw in the Thanksgiving game, Uh was impressive. He's got a game under his belt as he goes up against the Buffalo Bills today. Coming up, we'll hear from tight end Drew sample's making a difference this Christmas again With this Christmas celebrations. Countdown to Kickoff continues on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 22: Hey Cincinnati, it's Lance McCalister.
Speaker 82: When it comes to protecting your home, trust the crew that plays every season like it's the big game. Kangaroo, score a new roof now and we'll throw in gutter guards absolutely free. No more claw gutters, just winning protection for your home with no extra cost. Our roofs are built tough for every kickoff, and the free gutter guards keep water damage out of bounds. This deal is a real touchdown, but it won't last long. Visit go Kanga dot net for a free estimate. Kangaroof we hop.
Speaker 2: To it Santus Kangoo.
Speaker 16: Hey football fans, it's time to gear up for the holidays, and your Tri State Chevy dealers are here to help you get ready for the magical season ahead with exciting red tag savings on an award winning lineup that includes stylish SUVs like the road trip ready Equinox, the uncompromising Equinox EV, and the feature packed Chevy Trailblazer. It's the most wonderful time of the year, and it all come together in a Chevrolet for exciting red tag offers.
Speaker 15: Visit your Tri State Chevy dealer today, Officer.
Speaker 76: Can I get your perspective as a manifo law?
Speaker 6: You know I'm a mall cop?
Speaker 92: Right?
Speaker 30: You see this Honday Santa Fe?
Speaker 23: I only paid for it? WHOA right?
Speaker 15: I'm not in trouble?
Speaker 8: Am I deal?
Speaker 30: So right?
Speaker 18: It almost feels wrong?
Speaker 23: The hondaiy Getaway Sales event.
Speaker 109: Get zero percent APR for sixty months plus zero payments for ninety days on all Hondai Tucson Tucson Hybrid Santa Fe or Santa Fe Hybrid models. Visit your local Hondai dealer today. Offer ends January second. Call five six two three one four four six zero.
Speaker 2: Three for details.
Speaker 83: United Electric has served the Tri State area for more than sixty years. For all your commercial and industrial electrical needs. Call Rick reb Holtz at five one three three eight three seventy five forty seven or visit us online at UNITEDELDC dot com.
Speaker 102: Welcome back to Countdown the Kickoff on the Fingals Radio Network. Wayne box, Spiller and Drew Sample. It's almost at time of year for Christmas, and you and your wife really have something nice you roll out for this community.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 40: So actually a week from today, we're doing our annual event with since Any Children's where this year we've taken donations, We did a couple events and we had some local partners with Credo and gold Star that people have donated to. So we go out and we buy toys and we do a big event at since Any Children's where basically everyone who's staying at the hospital is able to come down and basically shop, get.
Speaker 30: Gifts, toys, whatever.
Speaker 57: We have.
Speaker 40: We have a huge amount of a huge rive of options for them, which is which is great. And so yeah, they get to come down and basically shop, and you know it's for people that you know, some of these kids and families and you know, even teenagers have been in the hospital for you know, months, weeks, some were in and out for years, and you know, just talking to people and you know some we've talked to some families where you know, sometimes so like it's Christmas is the last thing on my mind just because of the health and whatever.
Speaker 30: So just trying to you know, trying to brighten their day.
Speaker 40: And I guess one of the reasons I started it was because all three of my girls spent time, you know, at children's for various reasons, So it's something near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 102: I would imagine by now you've done this so much that you get excited about the giving point. I do.
Speaker 30: I do get really excited.
Speaker 40: It's fun every year, honestly, especially with the support we've had from the community and even.
Speaker 30: My teammates and whatever.
Speaker 40: Is to go out and see year to year, like how much better the gifts have gotten, how much more stuff we can get, because you know, as a kid who doesn't love to have a big haul from Christmas, especially when you're you know, when you're battling, whether it's you know, surgeries or illnesses.
Speaker 30: Or you know, whatever, whatever the case may be. So it's special, you know.
Speaker 102: I always think that this game of football turns into a business of football. And for you, you've seen the highs and lows of this game. What would you say to young guys, is they come in about the business of this game?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean, I think.
Speaker 40: It's definitely different when you're when you're young, you're you're naive to a lot of that. Obviously, you want to come in, you want to play football and anything. At the end of the day, that's still kind of what it's about. But as you get older, you kind of just, you know, you understand the different nuances and things, and a lot of the decisions and reasoning behind the decisions is kind of that part of it. But I think it's something you just get used to, and especially when in certain scenarios, it's something that you kind of just tune out. And you know, I you know, love playing football and at the end of the day, that's what you're here to do. And the things outside of that, especially the things that you can't control, you know, that kind of falls into that category.
Speaker 18: Sometimes.
Speaker 102: I talked to Chase Browns as a dad now and he understands the nuances now of work life balance.
Speaker 6: You've got your daughters. How did that work life balance put life in perspective for you?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean, I think obviously growing up and.
Speaker 40: Having that football being such a huge part of your life, and then getting married and that becomes a big part of your life, and then having you know, children, obviously it changes things a lot. But I think that doesn't take away from, you know, the love and the work that I put into the game, but it just allows especially where I'm at my career, there's definitely, you know, moments where I feel comfortable, you know, being able to step away and spend time with them, or knowing when I get home it's like I had put football side and really enjoy those moments, especially as they get older, especially around the holiday season.
Speaker 30: That's like, you know, as a kid and for me, that was always my favorite time of year.
Speaker 40: And so being able to to, you know, now experience that with my kids and do all these special things with them is always awesome.
Speaker 102: All Right, I'd like to do something this year called the Gratitude Games. I'll ask you three people you're grateful for, two things that you're thankful for, and then one thing you're hopeful for. Okay, So if I asked three people you're grateful for, who would that be? Definitely grateful for my wife. You know, she's she's our rocket home. We've got three three kids, three under seven now, so I mean we have we have, we have a lot going on at home.
Speaker 30: So she's she'll always be my rock.
Speaker 40: And honestly, you know, I'm super grateful for for the rest of my family, for my parents, for her parents, for you know, even brothers and sisters, everyone that kind of contributes to our you know, our village because you.
Speaker 30: Know, it's it's chaotic. Sometimes I'm traveling, she's traveling. We got different things. So and then.
Speaker 40: Another person I'm thinking for, I'm thinking for James Casey. You know, he's been my obviously my coach for the last seven years. But what he's been able to do and the things that he I think brings to our room and brings to me as a player is something that I'll always.
Speaker 30: Be thankful for, you know, in the good times and the bad.
Speaker 40: He's super consistent, and he's always someone that you can, you know, look for having played and having gone through it. Okay, what was the next to two things that impacted you? You know, I think just being able to be here for seven years. I think that's something that has impacted me, seeing all the guys that have come through and and seeing how, you know, how not normal that is in certain places.
Speaker 30: So I'm thankful for.
Speaker 40: That, you know, being able to go through a lot of highs and lows here and just to get different perspective. I'm like, you know, that's that's that's not normal, not having to whether that's changed offenses, change cities, whatever, just for me as a you know, for me and my family, and for you know, me as a player. I'm I'll always be grateful for that and hopefully, you know, we keep it going.
Speaker 18: And then another one of.
Speaker 6: Those, yeah, another things that they impacted you.
Speaker 30: I mean, I think I think my kids have had a bigger impact.
Speaker 40: And you know, I always wanted to be a dad, but then actually going through that process three different times with three different you know, three different girls, three different personalities, three different whatever. You know, it's good and it's so much fun being able to experience that in their own way, especially as they've gotten older and gotten into sports and gotten into school and you know, doing parent teacher conferences and things like that, where you know, things get put in perspective really quickly, and that's something that's you know, going forward to my life. I'm super excited to be such a good part of my life outside of football, and I think that's impacted me in.
Speaker 30: A positive way, both alling them off the field and I.
Speaker 6: Astually one thing you're hopeful for, well, I'm.
Speaker 40: Hopeful that we keep winning and we finished the season on a good and I'm hopeful I stay healthy. No, I'm I'm hopeful that, you know, for us as a team, I think we've we've slowly started to turn the page.
Speaker 30: And obviously Joe came back. I think that's that's awesome. And you know, he looks like Joe Burrow, so he's only going to get better, I think. So, you know, I think one game at a time for us, but I'm hopeful that we can continue.
Speaker 40: To stat games like we have, you know, as as a team really you know, offense, defense, special teams. I think that was our best game in all phases. And so I'm hopeful that we can continue that. And I'm hopeful that a week from today we have a great holiday event where all the kids come out, they get they get as many toys as they can carry down or whatever it may be. And you know, I hope, I'm hopeful that I can make their holiday season a little bit better.
Speaker 30: Thank Joe.
Speaker 6: We're thankful for you as a player, but more so as a person.
Speaker 30: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 102: All right back with more countdown to kickoff right here on the Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Bengals radio network.
Speaker 25: My name is Toast, and recently I negotiated massive tax relief for a former Cincinnati football star. My playbook worked perfection, and the irs was left watching as my celebrity client ran free into the end zone and celebrated with tears of joy.