Speaker 1: The Dave Ryan Show on kd WB. I gotta give a shout out to the Ridge View Emergency Room and a spine surgeon that listens to the morning show every Monday and Wednesday in the o R. So they have they're doing spine surgery and they're listening to us in the O R.
Speaker 2: Whoa Mondays and Wednesdays. Well, what do you think we're doing at that time?
Speaker 3: When they.
Speaker 1: Fast and face they're playing pink faster going doctor, remember line. That's so cool. I love that we have Sabrina Carpenter tickets that fly away. This is so cool. To go to Los Angeles. Uh, stay at a beautiful hotel that's probably within view of the beach or palm trees or whatever. Then go to Sabrina Carpenter. Enjoy the sunshine, walk around a pair of shorts, get a little tan, get a little color, get a sunburned, whatever it is, go down swimming, go see Santa Monica, pire and go see Serena Carpenter. Here's the keyword that you need to know. The keyword this hour that you're gonna use the talkback feature for is very simple. It is Subrina. Sabrina is the keyword. Open up the talk back feature. If you haven't heard about this contest, We're to fly to La you and a friend and it'll be cold here but warm out there, so you'll get away and enjoy all the sun and things. And if you want to go, use that keyword on the iHeart app and say the keyword is Sabrina on the talkback feature that red microphone. That's all you gotta do. Speaking of concerts, I was off on Monday and Tuesday, so I didn't get to talk to you guys about the Paul McCartney concert on Friday. I mean, it was amazing, It was amazing, but there was a problem that I just somebody's got to give me some advice with this one. So because it was Paul McCartney, and you know he's not gonna be around forever, and he's a Beatle, and for my birthday, we decided, okay, we're gonna get the best seats we can, the best seats we possibly can that were available. So we spent a lot lot of money on these seats and we're so excited. And usually I bring binoculars to a concert because I'm a nerve, but I thought he's going to be right there. I won't need binoculars. We get there, we're going in and we're on the floor. Okay, we're on the floor. We're going in, and the and the woman scanning goes, oh, yeah, these tickets. Tickets have been upgraded. You need to go back to the box office. We're like upgraded from like the floor near the front. H okay. So we go to the box office. The guy that was behind the window didn't know what he was doing. I mean, you know, he was he didn't know what to do. Don't fault him. So he asked for his supervisor. And a woman comes over and she's like, oh, uh yeah, okay, and so she says, here's your wristband. So she puts it. We had a wristband. We put it on and and she says, here are your tickets. And we looked at the phone and they were the same exact seats. They had not been upgraded at all. So we go to our seats. They're not on the flo they're four rows from the bottom. They were good seats. But I mean, I asked a friend of mine who sat directly across from me, how much did you pay for your tickets? He's had three hundred and fifty dollars. I said, that is about one fifth of what I paid for. My tickets were in the same view, And I was asking Jenny yesterday we had wristbands on those Usually, what are those? Usually means?
Speaker 2: That almost always means you have access to the floor and then to like specific areas on the floor where there's like separate bathrooms or porta potties set up behind the stage or something so that you don't have to deal with like going back up in the stands and getting to those bathrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I don't want to sound like a spoiled you know, like, eh, my diamond shoes are too tight. But this was really special to us, and we spent a lot of money and we didn't get the tickets that we paid for. And I know that it was somebody at the box office. They didn't mean to, but they screwed up. And I want to know who do I call? Do I call the the US Bank Stadium box office? Do I mean, do you call ticket man?
Speaker 2: My question, my one you do question is because the only thing I could think of that would make your tickets so much more expensive than theirs is you guys got on like the day they went on sale, right, so they weren't resale tickets.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Okay, So that was like the only.
Speaker 2: Thing I was thinking of was like, you guys got bamboozled because you had to buy resale and they already jacked it up because that's what they do, is people buy out huge concerts and then jack the price up.
Speaker 1: But did he get bamboozled? He was still pretty close, yeah, but not. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, But like if somebody else had such a much cheaper ticket in the almost exact same seats, then I would be I don't know who I would call though, because I doubt ticket Master is going to do anything.
Speaker 1: I already think they probably have a live person. I'm going to guess it was somebody who made a mistake down at the at the box office at US Bank Stadium. And I'm not trying to call anybody out, but this was this was very expensive mistake. Yeah. I mean that is kind of like if you're gonna rent a like a Lamborghini and they give you a toy to camera. Your camera is still a good car, but you paid for a Lamborghini because it was a very special night. I get it, but you enjoyed the show. No, we did. We loved it. And I told Susan, I said, we're not going to let it ruin the night. I was a little salty, but I'm not gonna let it ruin the night. It was amazing. And then we thought about it on the way home and I was like, there's nothing we can do. Yeah, so what I'm saying, So, I mean, it does suck. It's a loss.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I wish I could pay front road to get or like as close as you were, because you weren't.
Speaker 1: You know what one day, you know you're twenty four years old, when you're older and you have like some money saved up in your life. I didn't have any money when I was twenty four years old. Of course, concert tickets back then we're twelve fifty. Yeah, that's great. One years old as me, you'll all be rich.
Speaker 2: It will all have a lot of dollars for those tickets. I don't know, Dave, I would be salty if I was you to find out someone next to me paid that amount of money and I paid what I did. So you know me, I am not a Karen, but I'm a Karen when it comes to saving money, you're being hipped on something, so like I would absolutely email Ticketmaster, email us Bank Stadium, like all the people until I find what I want to. I just want to understand a why that happened, and b give me a little bit of money back.
Speaker 1: I want to rEFInd. You're absolutely right. I would want to refund from the value of the tickets that I sat in the seats I sat in to what I paid for, because it wasn't one hundred dollars difference, you guys, it was a very expensive difference. Shout out to my friend Elijah, who was the one sitting directly across from me, who said, this is what I paid. You got f't Now those were not his words, but that's what That's what I read into.
Speaker 3: This email and demand a FaceTime with Paul McCartney. Here's what I need. I want that little British accent. I want him to blow me a kiss. Okay, come on, I just want to touch him. I just want to touch him.
Speaker 1: I did get to touch a guy who worked at the Walking Taco stand. Yeah, and if you just texted a minute ago, he said, Dave, I worked at the volunteer at the Walking tacos and at US Bank and I made your taco on Friday. Yes you did, Yes, you did a delicious It was delicious. Yes, yeah, thank you. Anyway, if you have any ideas, like I said, I don't want to use the radio station to like air my grievances. But it was like, I don't know, I would have been special night. I know you would have, and I think anybody would have. But most people don't have a radio station to get on and bitch about it. So but I do, and I'm very blessed and I'll use that to my advantage. What's coming up on the show, Jenny? What are we doing coming up? Well, we really want to get the boo bash a packs.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing a good job, but we still have a ton of tickets to give away. So we're about to blow out a bunch of tickets by asking you questions with a little game we call boo or falls.
Speaker 1: Can you give me an example of yeah, So let's see this.
Speaker 2: One says during ancient Egyptian mummification, the brain was removed through one of the ears.
Speaker 1: Is that boo true or false? I'm going false, Jenny. The year is way too small for a brain. Okay, I'm saying boo. Okay, we'll say false.
Speaker 2: David, the brain has removed through one of the nostrils.
Speaker 1: No, of course it was yes, like the little piece at a time.
Speaker 3: No, it comes out like it's a cartoon all in one.
Speaker 1: They had to suck it out with his draw. Hey, Jimmy, Jimmy, get in here. Oh it's like it's like when babies have boogers. Yeah, Jimmy, get in here and start sucking. Here's little here's litterally gyps and Jimmy going, god, this sucks. All right, we'll be right back with calling now to win Boo Bash tickets puts you on hold, you get away a little bit, but we'll get you into boot Bash. Next. On KATWB we are back one hour commercial free. I gotta mention that tomorrow I'm gonna be at the Pilgrim Dry Cleaners in Wyzetta from eleven thirty until one thirty collecting coach for kids and anybody who donates. So we got prizes from KATWB. We got Devanni's pizza gift cards, but everybody who donates at least one coat kids coach, adults, coats, winter coats, anything like that I will give you a copy of my book Little Dave's Amazing Day, which gets rave reviews from two year olds to five year olds. So if you get a two year old to five year old, they will love Little Dave's Amazing Day, available on Amazon. But if you come by a Pilgrim with a coat tomorrow, then I will get you a copy of the book. Jenny's gonna be the same location on for Friday, same time and everything, so come on by. Everybody's got a coat that they'd never wear anymore. Like you skip past it every winter. It's like nope, nope, nope. Or everybody who's got a kid has got a kid's coat or three that the kid has outgrown, and maybe you've done the hand me down a couple of times and now it's like, okay. Donating to Pilgrim. They do such a great job every year, and donations are down way down this year because it's been so warm that people have not been thinking winter coats, so they're way behind. But we lived here long enough, we we know it's gonna get cold and we're gonna wake up to two to four inches of snow on the ground sometime and in the next month or so, So come on by Pilgrim tomorrow eleven thirty to one thirty in Wisetta, or on Friday with Jenny eleven thirty to one thirty. So right now we're giving away Boo Bash tickets. I got an idea for my costume. Okay, but I'm a little worried it might be offensive. Oh goodness, if you're worried about it, then it probably will really is. I think I'm going to chance it anyway. Yeah, looky, I am here for it. Yeah. I feel like telling Vont what it is, because Vont would be I don't know, sure supportive. Well, Vont likes offensive. I'm messy.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell Vont right now? And Jenny and I just won't listen text it to me.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no, because no. I mean I get that, I get the sentiment there, but no, I think I'm just going to walk in with it and see what happens. To recognize you? Huh? Are we going to recognize you? I will tell you this. I promise you. I'll be the only one in the room dressed like this.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's so vague because I can say the same exact thing, but I know mine won't be offensive.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna dress this? Vahnt who me? Yeah? Well let's see no, no, no, she did. No. I mean I once win as my sister for Halloween, and that was.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite Halloween costumes because it was personally hilarious to me.
Speaker 1: And so if it's personally hilarious to you, that's a win. It's worth it trusolutely. Whatever you gonna dress as you, you should wear costume. It's not required, but we're gonna point and laugh if you come into Vikings jersey or a sweatshirt, we're gonna point and laugh at you. So let's get you into Boo Bash. You can win one thousand dollars per sexiest contest men and women's combined. We're gonna do best like overall creative costumes. So that'll be really cool. And then couples or groups, do you want to go to Boo Bash. Let's play the game. Jenny, it's all you, all right, Mandy is on the phone. Hi, Mandy, all right, I'm gonna read you this question.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say whether it's boo or a false Booming's true? Obviously, There you go the English writer Charles Dickens was a real life ghost hunter and a member of the Ghost Club, London's oldest paranormal investigation group.
Speaker 1: Is that boo or false?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, boom? I didn't know that. Good job. I went to his house when I went to London. It was actually quick. Let me tell you, wow, because you were.
Speaker 2: More so in your favorite hopefully. Well, hang on, Mandy, we'll get you in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome. Next up is Mallory. Hi, Mallory, Hi, Malory. Say hi to Dave.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I Malorie, what I said? Say hi to Dave. He's in Colorado. He's lonely over there. Hello David. I love that name.
Speaker 2: All Right, Mallory, here is your question. A group of crows is called a massacre? Is that boo or false?
Speaker 1: I think it's false. I believe it's a murder. Yes, Wow, extra points for you. Yes, just for that, you get job may Mallory. Just for that, you get a plus one and a gold star for Boo Bash. Congratulations, Mallory.
Speaker 3: I would like to clarify, if you do win Boo Bash tickets, you do get two tickets.
Speaker 1: But I just don't want anyone think they only get one ticket A lonely lonely Gosh, the budget isn't that low? Here? Okay?
Speaker 2: Up next is Ray on the phone. Hello, Ray, Hi, how is your morning going so far?
Speaker 3: It's good?
Speaker 1: On my way to work. Okay, that's that's what I thought you were going to say. Here we go.
Speaker 2: We don't have many ancient Egyptian mummies left today, as a lot were burnt in the Middle Ages to prevent spiritual hauntings?
Speaker 1: Is that boo or false?
Speaker 3: Oh? That is scary.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: You are around for three Nice job, everybody, good job, it says. One reason is that they became popular in Europe as an ingredient in medicines.
Speaker 1: So mummy. There we go, Yes you, I'll take the mummy soup. Thank you. Ray. You're going to boo bash. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: We've got two more people on the phone. Here. Shay's up next. Hi, Sha Hi. Are you feeling lucky today?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, lucky, feel lucky? All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Your question is more candy is sold for Valentine's Day than for Halloween?
Speaker 1: Boo or false? Oh, that's gotta be false? Heay, what did Shaye? What did you say? It's correct? Good job, Shay, Shane. What do you are? You are you? Do you have your idea for your costume yet? I don't.
Speaker 4: I wasn't planning to do anything, but now I'll think of something.
Speaker 1: Now you've got plans, go down to Spirit pick up something. Yeah, you got a week?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Last one is Brittany. Hi, Brittany, Hello, Brittany, Ready for some boo or false?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't sound very any more? More positive here.
Speaker 2: The US state that produces the most pumpkins is Illinois.
Speaker 1: Is that boo or false? All right? Me and my son say false? One more time? Boy? You guys got it? Yeah, look at that is true Illinois. I guess it's a pumpkin now, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I assume your son is probably not twenty one or older. No, okay, so you cannot bring him, but we can bring someone else.
Speaker 1: Do you know who you'll bring?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: They do. Who are you bringing? Nicole Frim from work? Nicole? That girl crazy? She sounds like she could drink.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Congrats Britney we'll get y'all st to hang on.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. More Boo Bash tickets coming up. I mean we've got them for you all the way right up until the day of the party. It is October thirtieth. The great thing about Boo Bash is, first of all, it's in a new place for us, the Hop House down a Mystic Lake, which we've heard is really cool. Jenny was there for the Viking teame on Sunday. And there's no parking problems. I mean, there's not parking problems when we go downtown, but there's always you had to park in a garage and you got to pay for it. Mystic Lake, you just park and you walk in and then after when you're done, you go on try your luck on the slot machines. And then Mama Ronda has rented a room and there's an after party in Mam Rnda's room. Now she'll be sleeping. She'll be sleeping, so you can be very quiet, but you could party watch TV very quiet.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: We'll have more of those for you coming up on K D W B. Let's get into what yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was gonna say, you've been gone. I didn't tell you, did you see my car accident.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of the weekend I got in a car accident. I don't think it's on my Instagram anymore, but it was a picture of the side of my car. I was coming down a road and some girl came out of a parallel parking spot and sideswiped the hell out of me. Oh no, Boddy, So which remind you, I just got my car, like not even a year ago.
Speaker 1: So I was disappointed. But that sucks because that's I mean, that's probably your first new car. Yeah, that I've paid for. It's brand new. You're still making the payment, Sonny, You're very proud of it, still keeping it clean. And so she didn't have a rear view mirror. She didn't have I get.
Speaker 4: The side view like the one that's on your passenger I mean, on your driver's door. She didn't have that before the accident, so she didn't see me coming. And like I said, she kept making it worse for herself. She was like, yeah, this, this mirror hasn't been here. And also it's the third accident we've been in on this street, and I'm just like, open my case, I guess.
Speaker 1: But insurance is taken care of it. Do you call the cops for an accident like that?
Speaker 4: I had no clue that in Minnesota they don't come. The police don't come unless you uh. One, they're not giving you their insurance information like not cooperating or two unless somebody's injured or something like that. So I had to call, like my insurance and get it all figured out. It's getting figured out. You know, who should have called?
Speaker 1: Who should you call? Top dog? Long? There you go. They would help with everything. That's funny. I'm glad that's still though that that sucks with the brand new No, it's so annoying. Was she nice about it, like apologetics, we're going too fast?
Speaker 4: No? She was actually very like she was crying when she went to hand me her license, she was shaking, and so, I mean I felt bad, but I still was like my car and like your irresponsibility.
Speaker 1: So getting a figured out.
Speaker 3: Honestly, getting a side mirror shouldn't be that difficult to fix. So if she's had three accidents because she doesn't have a side mirror, girl, get yourself a side mirror.
Speaker 1: Go get one from dollartry tape it on. Yeah, or maybe be extra cautious. Yeah, you top dog law baby didn't take care of it all. You can fake an injury, that's what you can do. Fake an injury. Bearing around my back that yeah, that's another commercial that start wearing around one of those neck collars and be like, oh man, I'm in a lot of pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what did you say?
Speaker 1: I can't hear. I'm losing hearing in my eyes hear. Yeah. We are never more than thirty minutes away from Sabrina Carpenter tickets. Next one comes up in about five minutes. Right now, let's cover some dirt on The David Show. One on one point three kd WB. So, Diane Keaton died last week or a week and a half or so ago, and it turned out she did a Christmas song in twenty twenty four and it's actually climbing the charts. It's now at number twenty two on the Digital Song Sales Chart. It's called First Christmas. What the heck? Here's Diane Keaton's Christmas song.
Speaker 3: I wish the go.
Speaker 1: It's a sun, It's Sun the first Christmas.
Speaker 3: What do you hear?
Speaker 1: God? Oh God, that's sad. That's a really sad song. That's Oh I pry during Christmas. I want to hear all I want for Christmas is you, over and over and over again. I'm gonna hear jingle Bell Rock over and over and over, over and over again. Grandma got run over by reindeer. By the way, cool one to Wait is probably gonna start playing Christmas songs in the next twenty minutes, though there still leaves on the trees. Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Ja.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys know that I love Lewis Capaldi, and he was just on BBC Radio and he did a little cover of Paramours Still into You.
Speaker 1: I should be over the buttifly. Thank God, this fun. I don't really need to w you have to love this side.
Speaker 2: I love when people do strip down versions of songs. I mean, obviously that's a cover, but just in general, the performances on BBC are so good.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing about Lewis Capaldi is that he just looks like a normal person, Like you could see him at the Uptown VFW and he'd be like, there he is.
Speaker 2: Anytime I've seen a radio person interview him, he seems just like a normal person.
Speaker 1: Just to Dune, yes Just to Dune yesterday.
Speaker 3: I reported on K Pop Demon Hunters because that is part of my personality at this point, and that they are coming or bringing it back to theaters for Halloween weekend and also coming back to theaters just for Halloween.
Speaker 1: The Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan movie Sinners is coming to Imax, is returning to Imax, So if you didn't get to see Sinners the last time, you can for Halloween, and same with K Pop Demon Hunters, so gets just.
Speaker 1: Stealth to the THETA. Sinners is a really really good movie. Michael B. Jordan's Hayley Steinfeld and.
Speaker 3: I want to see it, but I feel like I have to watch it on a small screen.
Speaker 1: So I don't get scared. It's not gory or anything like that. A vampire one, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's as much of a vampire movie as you'd expect, Like it's not like Gore, who I'd like to buy Michael B. Jordan's right with my girlfriend Alissa Well, I love Law and Order SVU and Marishka Hargita, who plays the infamous Olivia Benson. She was doing an interview and this is how you correctly pronounce her name.
Speaker 3: I get called Maritza Marsica Mariska Markiska m A r I s.
Speaker 1: H h h h h h h h k A. That's how I put it on the call sheet. But it's Marishka Marishka Mas.
Speaker 4: I've heard she's a badass on the set because she's been there for all twenty nineteen hundred seasons, so to do it with her eyes closed.
Speaker 1: Right, So Janelle Money, I think we got a clip of music. We found a clip case. You know who she is. So she's doing an interview the other day with somebody from Rolling Stone, and she claimed that she traveled back in time to see David Bowie back in the nineteen so well, I'll let her tell the story. Here is her freaky interview where she claims to be a time traveler.
Speaker 5: I think when I saw David Bowie saw him, I did. I traveled back into the nineteen seventies and I saw him do Ziggy Stardus and the Spiders from Mars and it was incredible.
Speaker 1: You traveled. I was back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was backstage, and I was like, this is what I want to do, and so I jet it back to you know, the two thousands, and I was like, I can have the musical, make the music, create the lyrics and create community around transformation and being queer, and not even just in sexuality, but just in how we see the world fascinating.
Speaker 1: I'd want to know everything. And the interviewer sit there like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Let her talk because somehow sometimes how I feel when I talk to Dave and he just entertains whatever it is that I'm saying, and then I just keep going and he just goes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Here here's an example. Yeah, So Bailey, uh, she she goes in to buy gas at the Holiday Station store and the guy's like, hey, good morning, how are you. And Bailey's like, oh my god, he likes me. And so Bailey starts hanging out outside the Holiday Station store waiting for him to come in because now that's your boyfriend. And she's like, yeah, he's getting pretty serious because he said good morning and he looked right at me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you would do the same thing if if a Holiday Station store dynasty was on the line, Dave, I could be a part of the Holiday family.
Speaker 2: And also, did he buy you a nice cappuccino? Because they've got a good pumpkin spice one there, or their Mabele pumpkin coffee is delicious.
Speaker 1: If he did that, you guys are basically a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean the pumpkin spice when I when I bought the pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Was like Carpenter, Sabrina Carpenter Carpeter. Keyword much more important. The keyword for Sabrina Carpet this time is busy. Just open up the iHeartRadio app. I'm gonna guess maybe you're listening to it already. Well, great, it's easy. Tap the red microphone button. It's one of the only red things on the screen, and that's the talkback feature. Now forget about it, and then you'll say that the keyword is busy. That's why you gonna do is tap that, say the keyword is busy. Tap it again. You're good to go. We'll get a hold if you win. The trip. Now, the trip is the cool part. That's where you're gonna fly off. You'll take off on a cold, cold, wintery day. You'll land in sunny, warm Los Angeles. You'll get you have that feeling when you we've all been there. You fly from Minnesota in the winter to somewhere like Florida or La or Phoenix, and they open up the jetway and you walk down the jetway and it's like ah that he hits you in the face and it feels so nice. Then you go see Sabrina Carpenter and do all the touristy things that weekend hotel tickets, airfare all included. Use the keyword busy. Just say the keyword is busy, and you're good to go. And we do that every thirty minutes here on k D double U B. You guys ready to play a little Name That Too? I'm here for it. Okay, here's the way the game works. I will give you a clue. You have to bid how many seconds it will take you to guess the song Vaunt is playing versus Bailey and this week's category pop Divas. Okay, the biggest, best, most charismatic women in music and pop music. Are you ready? Yeah, baby? Okay, here are the clues, full of clues. Pay attention. All right, here we go. Bailey, you're gonna bid first, and here we go for Name that tune the Pop Diva category. I trust that you will figure out the name of this song, Sonny. I trust that you will figure out the name of this song, Sonny.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's just go go uh koockoo bananas. Here, I'm gonna say I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 4: Oh, I said three, So Bailey, name that tune.
Speaker 3: That is pop diva share with Believe.
Speaker 1: You get the clues in there, you see, I said, Sonny yet it. Yeah, that's what I did for me, Sonny and share. But I still was on shore. All right, vonder can bid first on this one? Here we go. This is an easy one. This is a softball. Here we go. Thanks. Aladdin would be proud if you came up with the name of this song. Aladdin would be proud if you came up with the name of this song. V I. I think I'm gonna go for it. Bailey, I can name that song in one second? All right, ron I said two seconds, So you can name that song now, Gene and a bottle. Yes, I imagine back in the day was what did this song come out? Like? Two thousand and six? I imagine eight ninety eight.
Speaker 4: I imagine that's what Jenny's ringtone on her phone was. Yeah, they didn't have phones, Jenny talk.
Speaker 1: About like two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: So then how did you text people on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is tied up. I believe right now here is the third clue in pop. Diva is the biggest, best, most charismatic women in pop music. It's a little tougher, Bailey. Okay, you might hear this song playing at Wedding Day Diamonds. Give it some thought, Bailey, I think you can do it in one I.
Speaker 3: Think I can do it in one second, Dave, I can name that tune in one second.
Speaker 4: Well, damn, Bailey, name that tune.
Speaker 3: That is all the single ladies put a ring on it by being says yes.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, last time I went in the Wedding Day Diamonds, the playlist there was popin.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mike, who was in charge of the playlist there.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that I definitely did comments on the playlist when I went up in there a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: There's a guy spinning records in the corner. Another one, all right, name that tune? Pop deeve around vant you were bidding first, you go, here's your clue. What kind of Mickey Mouse outfit is this? What kind of Mickey Mouse outfit is this? That's throwing me?
Speaker 4: Okay, hmmm, Bailey, mm hmm, I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, I also said three, So vond name that two? Well?
Speaker 4: I know it's I know it's Britney, but there's two Britney songs that sound the same to me, So I confuse them.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick one. Is it toxic? Yes? Okay, I'm confused as to the clue. Though. She used to be in the Mickey Mouse Club. Oh yes, with Justin Timberlake. Yeah, yes, yes, yes, and Christina Aguilera and car Yes Ry Gosling, not Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood'm saying Carrie, what's her name? A E. R. R. Washington? No, car It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. Okay, you're both doing great. You're both doing great. Here's the next clue on the Pop Diva category, Bailey, it goes to you, okay, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I love that quote, by the way, Oh geez, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Okay, I can name that tune in three seconds. I'm gonna go crazy here. I can name that tune in one second.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that, but let's go for it. Okay, Oh, that would be umbrella Rihanna.
Speaker 4: Yes, you'll never catch me carry an umbrella though.
Speaker 1: Why. I don't know why. I just think it looks weird that'd rather just wear a hoodie. Yeah, yeah, I was for for some reason. Growing up in the culture of Colorado as a kid, we didn't carry umbrellas ever, And I remember a kid brought one to class one time in college and we made fun of him. Beryl, Yes, had an umbrella. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the equivalent of it, like when you were in middle school and didn't want to wear a coat because it messed up your outfit, so you just be cold.
Speaker 3: Those yellow umbrellas that looks like a duck and it had a little beak that came off of it.
Speaker 1: Of course. Yes, Okay, back to the deep a round vat you're reading first on this one. Here we go. The clue is is that a nikon, a cannon, a pentax, a polaroid? Yikes? M Bailey, I can name that tune in four seconds.
Speaker 3: Oh, I said I could name that tune in three seconds. Bailey J name that tune. That's Lady Gaga.
Speaker 1: Uh, Paparazzi yes, okay, here we go, Bailey, you are bidding first. This may be the most challenging song on Name that tune today? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Great? Yes, I'm ready. Okay, here's your clue. Pop DIVA category. The average price of a dozen eggs is between three dollars and five dollars, but she's got something to give to you for free.
Speaker 3: Buh okay, could you say it one more time?
Speaker 1: Sure, the average price of a dozen eggs is between three dollars and five dollars, but she's got something to give you for free. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think because of the the clue, I think I have it. So I'm gonna be wild and say I can name that tune in one second.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie I got nothing, So Bailey, name that tune?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's one second.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I'm gonna guess just based on the clue.
Speaker 1: I think it's love don't cost a thing. Yes, wow, I would not have guessed that. How did you know that?
Speaker 3: Well? First you said but between three and five dollars, so I was like four dollars. And then you said this is something that she'll give to you for free, and I was like, oh, so it doesn't cost anything, And I was like, ooh, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Cost anything, cost a thing, doesn't cost a thing.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, I'm so stupid. I didn't even catch the between three and five meant four. I was like, oh, math, here we go.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Since I've loaded this song for day to day, since he's in Colorado, I'm like, oh, this is so easy, Like how do you not get it when you.
Speaker 1: Say it's the clue? Gosh? All right, last round, vaunt you're bidding first, and here we go, pop deep a round. Sometimes my mouth isn't honest, sometimes my eyes betray me, but this body part will never deceive you. Damn long ass clue. Sometimes my mouth is an honest sometimes my eyes betray me, but this body part will never deceive you.
Speaker 4: Oh for the wind, I can name that tune in one second?
Speaker 1: All right, vont name that tune? Jacky jack Hips don't lie?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, now you all?
Speaker 1: You both won, so you can collaborate which song you tied, so you can collaborate and if you agree on either playing the entire Believe by Share Genie in a Bottle Single, Ladies, Toxic Umbrella, Papa Rozzi Love, Don't cost a Thing or Hips Don't Lie? What do you two want to hear? Right now?
Speaker 4: On Katie WB on three Ready Bailey, let's see if we're a lying three two one single Ladies.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, well listen to single Ladies. Let's do it. On KADWB, there's your popdiva song of the day on Name that Tune. Thanks for all the comments of people saying I can name that song in zero seconds. Yeah, love it when you play along. I think that maybe we'll put a new rule in there that one time per round if you name if you say you can name that song in zero seconds, and oh, I get it, you know what I mean? That would be like a tiebreaker because you guys both do really well. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna do that with Hips Don't Lie. You gave a really good clue, but I didn't want to. I want people in the car to play along.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's fun to play along with games on the radio. That's why we do it, all right. It's KTWB. You can send us emails just in case you want to know if there's something you want to I don't know, a group therapy or a war of the roses or a Bizarro corner, anything like that send an email to Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, Dave, you were out yesterday. So I saw this email come in and I said, let me read this so that you guys can be surprised by it. Because about a week ago we did a little segment where we were like, hey, if you've never seen what we look like, Colin and let us know what you think that we look like, because usually you can see us on our DRTV or social media or whatever nowadays. Yeah, well we got this email from Autumn and she says, hello, I'm a big fan of your show, and here's what I thought you guys looked like before I ever saw your faces. Okay, so we'll start with Bailey. Bailey I thought looked like Isa Ray and she says, don't judge me.
Speaker 1: I had no idea of her ethnicity.
Speaker 2: So, David Ray is a legend, a beautiful woman, and she is not white, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Spell her name I need to look at SSA is her first name. Last name is Ray. So she's a young black.
Speaker 4: She had a YouTube web series and then it took off to like a production company.
Speaker 1: She does all these movies now and they're really, really good. I look just like this.
Speaker 2: I love her show is Insecure. I told Bi she needs to watch it. Yes, it's really good.
Speaker 3: And now because I had one person say, oh, I thought Bailey looked like I'm going to cling to this woman and watch this TV show and be like yes, queen.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, this is what she said that Vaughn. She thought Vaughn looked like Jake from State Farm.
Speaker 1: Can we clarify which one the original one or the one now one nobody remembers that. Well, the original one was the guy who's in the dark Cube Farm, and he's like Khakis. She sounds hideous. You could be Jake from State Farm for Halloween.
Speaker 4: But I feel like I closely resemble more than you do.
Speaker 1: Ray. I do closely resemble her Jake from State Farm.
Speaker 2: I would just for anyone who doesn't know what Bailey looks like. No, she doesn't look anything like you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a white woman unfortunately. Okay.
Speaker 2: And then she said for me, I look like Ariano Maddox, which she is a vander Pump Rules girly. She hosts Love Island. She's very beautiful. So that is very kind for you to say that.
Speaker 1: I got to look her up. Yeah, Arianna Mannix, I think you look than There's there's a slight resemblance there.
Speaker 3: I said it that she looks like Jenny if Jenny did like full glam every single day, like with the eye makeup and the mascata and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I think you looked better than her. That's sweet. She paid you to say that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And Dave Autumn thinks that you looked like Ryan Seacrest, which I think is a flattering flattery thing. He's a good looking man. In my opinion, he is a.
Speaker 1: Very good looking guy. Yeah. That's why he was able to break out a TV and break out of radio and get into TV, unlike me because I'm ugly. Is a very symmetrical face. He does, yes, and he's got the jaw, the strong jaw line. Yes. So that is interesting. I think we all have an image of what DJ's look like, and most people go, you know, you look us up out of curiosity and you go, oh, okay, well, you know they look fine. It's just not what I expected. But then other people will come up to us and go ho. I remember when I was new in radio and I used to flirt with girls on the request line, because that's your job. You play songs and you open the take the request and Hi, what are you doing. I'm just going to my job at McDonald's. Okay, yeah, well great, why don't you swing by the radio station and say hi? Whatever? So weird, Dave, that is such a weird thing, but it was. It wasn't word for word, but it was one of the benefits of the job. That's how I met Cricket. That's how I met the mother of my daughter, Beth. Call the radio station and she sounded adorable. So she came by and and because she was walking down to the army base to meet soldiers, yeah, eventually have my baby. And she was actually she was actually really cute when she was younger, and so was I. So but one time I was standing in the lobby and these two girls came in and they're probably like eighteen or nineteen years old. They come in and the receptionist says like, oh, you're here to pick up your record or whatever, and they're like, we want to meet Dave Ryan. And so the receptionist gestures toward me and says, well, that's Dave Ryan right there, and they wrinkled up their noses like they just smell the fart and they said one of them said, you're Dave Ryan, and I was like, because I was like a pimply little kid with bad glasses and Kmart clothing, and so, yeah, how old were you when this happened? Seventeen?
Speaker 2: Say, and you were You were like lanky and skinny, and you have such a big voice, so I think that was probably it was like, so yeah, confusing to anyone.
Speaker 1: Like That's how I overcame being shy, especially around girls, is because I was terrified to talk to girls in high school. But once I got into radio, I could pretend that I was c and charismatic and had a big personality on the request line. So these girls would call up, I'd be like, what are you doing? I'm just getting ready to go to work or I'm cleaning my room or whatever, and I'd be like, yeah, so blah blah blah. And then I realized that, you know, if you act like you're charismatic and you act like you're not shy, hey, that kind of works.
Speaker 3: Yeah it works, but gosh, I can imagine how much that would be exhausting after a while, Like, oh, I gotta pretend like fake it till I make it all the time.
Speaker 1: Ugh, I lond it. I don't know. I never had a problem with it, but then, but then I realized that I really am charismatic and charming. Right, Bailey, Bailey, Bailey, my mom is calling me hello. Alright, it is time now on Katie WB By the way, another ten minutes away, not even from Sabrina Carpenter. Tickets that fly away, so hang out for that one. But right now on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show, it is