Speaker 1: Key Demogram.
Speaker 2: Super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Fight a goo Nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twelfth day of August twenty twenty six. Good Wednesday morning, everybody. Welcome to the Powerchip Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey.
Speaker 4: Here we are.
Speaker 3: We've got a quarterback, we've got a future, we've got a path set.
Speaker 4: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: We've got Parker Fox coming in today.
Speaker 3: We've got a special visit from Ben Lieber during Vikings News at a forty four I'm sorry seven to forty during Vikings News via Streamyard to talk about the Kyler Murray situation, et cetera.
Speaker 5: And what else.
Speaker 3: We've got our good friend Dave Schwartz coming by today to make a big announcement. So the big things happening on today's show, plus the return of meets us Paul Lambert.
Speaker 4: So let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Shaw.
Speaker 3: We hear some comedy from Steve McGrew. Powerchip Morning Show on a Wednesday morning. Come on in, let's make it a good day. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 6: Flew in from Denver.
Speaker 2: I hate to fly man.
Speaker 6: They say flying safer and driving. That's a lie for car stalls. You don't fall out of the sky. Let say you should worry about dying. If it's your time to die, it's just your time. What if it's not your time. What if it's a guy sitting next to you, it's his time to die.
Speaker 1: We're on his plane.
Speaker 2: This is gonna suck. Don't worry. The stewardess is there.
Speaker 6: She'll show you all the safety information you need to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What do they show you how to use a seat belt? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Where's my parachute? I've seen old war movies. I've never seen the play's been hit. Tighten up.
Speaker 2: I would jump out and flap my arms first.
Speaker 6: You don't know, you might get lucky. We're at the crash scene where everybody died except one man. Flap Tess asked the safety.
Speaker 1: Okay, the band is back together.
Speaker 7: It's Wednesday, August twelfth of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: We got a quarterback in their sauce. Hey, guys, how was every wheel?
Speaker 8: After some some dialogue in house and just kind of day log, you know, analyzing the overall of where we're at right now, we did name Kyler Murray are our starting quarterback?
Speaker 2: What? No way?
Speaker 1: No way wait, Jose.
Speaker 2: All right, so you know, the whole uh competition thing's over. That's that's good. We're moving on Kyler Murray.
Speaker 1: You're bored with it already. No, no, no, no, no, I'm not no, no, no, I'm not bored with it. I was bored with the fake competition.
Speaker 4: We just named him. Can't be sick of him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, named him what five months ago?
Speaker 1: I mean right, yeah, technically, although whenever we signed him, a lot of people thought it, like from the people I talk to, it was like kind of shifting in McCarthy's direction, not like you know this like, oh my god, how can they not start that kid?
Speaker 2: But like I thought it was shifting.
Speaker 1: A little bit in his where you know, I heard like at the night practice McCarthy was better. But I don't know. I think they realize, like we gotta get we got to name a guy, which all along I think was gonna be Murray, and he's gonna play on Saturday. But I think Saturday might be it. Is that what you get is that what your understanding, Hogs is Saturday might be it for Murray.
Speaker 3: I think, as as we sit he right now, that is the I think that is the consensus from people who don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that they needed to get the As Dutch would say, he just needs more time. I think they ran out of time, and I think that they knew that this was the way to go forward.
Speaker 2: And he'll play a.
Speaker 1: Little bit on Saturday, which will be a leak because preseason football is fun, and then we won't see him again. And then they're gonna play a ton in the preseason and he'll be the backup.
Speaker 3: We will see him again because next week are the joint practices.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but he I don't think he'll play in a preseason game per se, right right, Yeah, So you know, the timing of it got a little bit weird, but I think somebody said, hey, we've got to have a plan here, let's go forward, Let's move forward with Murray, and we gotta get ready for green Bay, which is four weeks from Sunday.
Speaker 7: The timing makes the most sense because you got to you gotta get him in there if you're gonna play him at all, you gotta get him in there with the starters or some of the starters. And if you're going to have a competition where Kyler was going to play, like maybe half, and then JJ was going to play half. You're not going to get the A team to play a full sixty just to give those two guys a run at it. So it makes way more sense to name a starting quarterback now and give him a full month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because kind of scenes if.
Speaker 1: You were going to have, if this competition was going to continue into the preseason. It's not fair to whoever is going to play obviously without Justin Jefferson because he's not going to play, But it isn't fair to the quarterback who plays with the backup offensive line in the third period or third quarter, excuse me. So, yeah, they had to do it, and uh yeah, here we are. Kyler Murray's our guy and we'll move forward with him and.
Speaker 7: It'll be great. So I know you said Ben's gonna be on here later. Christopher's correct. I think I think the most interesting thing now is what happens to JJ.
Speaker 2: Same same, because.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's fifteen different paths that Kyler could take based on his health and his success this season, but every one of those greatly impacts what the path is for JJ McCarthy is, And I just don't know what they're going to do with him. I don't either, Like, let's start with this. This is as crazy as it sounds. Who's the backup? Is it JJ or Wentz?
Speaker 4: Name JJ the backup? History actually said those words.
Speaker 1: How do you guys feel about that? Did he say he did say that? Did he say JJ is the backup now? Because, like, you know, I don't think. I don't know, Like is he the backup going into like preseason football?
Speaker 4: But I didn't look closely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because, like you know, we heard yesterday, for the first time all camp, Wentz took more snaps with the first team than he had all Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just a weird thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're gonna do with him, But from I I think, I mean, I don't know what who'd want him? I mean, are you gonna I mean Zach, but like, are you gonna go another year with him not playing? And then let's say Kyler Murray plays well, and you know he leaves to go to I don't know, let's just say Miami for for for fun purposes, because they're for fun purposes?
Speaker 2: Are cocaine and or beaches?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I don't know. Maybe beaches, Like like Roman Maroni said, yeah, yeah, beaches, but who knows.
Speaker 2: Then what do you do?
Speaker 1: Then you go back to McCarthy, I have audio. Okay, who are you tying? Yeah you guys JJ LEBACKO, yes, yeah, okay, there we go. Yeah. I don't know if you guys heard it or not.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he is. How about it not working?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: But uh well then then they ran some some of it back as soon as Rosie got there, and I'm like, are they just gonna filler filibuster the entire Rosie hour? Yeah, that's a bold move. Just go hey, Rosie, listen to audio. Oh roso.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's hope it works out. As you said, Hawk, we have a path now. Yeah, you know, we're going in the right direction, hopefully.
Speaker 3: It's like when when you're a kid and you're like, man, listen, I got to figure it out. Dad and mom and dad mom are like no, that's not right, and you're like, no, no, no, no, I'm telling you I got to figure out and they're like no, no, yeah, no, no, nope, you guys got to trust me. And they're like, okay, fine, go ahead and try it. And you go out and you break every bone in your body, and they're like, okay, we let you try your way.
Speaker 4: I think that's what they did. They're like, okay, let's.
Speaker 3: Give JJ every chance in the world to just come in here and just make Kyler his bitch.
Speaker 1: And he couldn't. And so now we have a starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I got a promise.
Speaker 3: It doesn't change anything for me.
Speaker 7: This team is absolutely free rolling with Kyler free rolling.
Speaker 2: That's why it's it's man.
Speaker 1: I just I would have lost all my money if they would have named JJ the starter, because it looked like on paper, this is the best possible scenario for the Vikings to give Kyler a chance to be their long term guy.
Speaker 7: You give him like a million in change, right, the Cardinals are paying the other thirty plus million. Yeah, this is this is a giant proven year for Kyler.
Speaker 2: I know JJ's still fighting to start his career.
Speaker 7: Kyler's trying to keep his career going at a you know, thirty forty million dollars a year, not more level, So he has everything to play for. And look, KOC wants a quarterback that can do it. And we saw last year a whole bunch of guys that couldn't or an injured wins that was trying to injured.
Speaker 3: JJ who was trying to Yeah, do you want to hear from Ben?
Speaker 1: And that's SI, that's ci on it. Oh, brilliant, welcome back, Paul, that's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Ben here on what he thinks it means for JJ's future.
Speaker 1: You want to hear it?
Speaker 2: Sure of course?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, too bad as team. I mean that ultimately comes.
Speaker 10: The next biggest question with this team is kind of what happens behind the scenes. I'm under the belief that I don't think that JJ is going to request a trade. I don't think that he's going to look at this and pound his fist on the ground and be a child and be like, oh wow, I didn't I didn't win the starting position. I think he knew he had the card stacked against him.
Speaker 2: So I think he's in a in a nutshell.
Speaker 10: Think it's going to be a good teammate, but who knows what happens in the course of seventeen weeks. So I think Nolan Teasley has a really important and very tough decision to make, and I think that will be the next biggest storyline that we're all going to be talking about here in the next few weeks, so.
Speaker 11: He doesn't think he's gonna go way way yeah fists, Well, sauce, you say it's over fifteen hours ago you tweeted a gift of Kyler Murray walking around looking tough, and then you said JJ is a bush.
Speaker 7: The sooner we face that, the sooner we can move on. I mean, I think that's true, though, Like, so you want to rip the band aid off and get rid of him, I mean, but I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what they would do with him. I don't think anybody'd want him. I don't think you can trade him for like a seventh round pick, right, And I don't think I mean yeah, I just think that like it when you look back and it's just perfect Minnesota sports, right, Pennix. I don't think is that good. But like most of the quarterbacks in that draft are great. Drake may is an All Pro, Caleb Williams is on the cover of Madden. Jayden Daniels has had a couple of up and down seasons because he's been mostly hurt. But like President Lincoln passed away at the Ford Theater. Yeah, excellent recap. JFK's final resting spot. That was a good clue on your part. I thought that was funny on Monday. But yeah, like they picked the guy who is uh, you know, I don't know what his future is. I mean the people who say only had ten starts, that is true, but like most of those games that he won in they were playing against teams that literally had quit.
Speaker 2: And the Detroit game was great.
Speaker 1: That would probably be if you were to argue for JJ, the game against Detroit and the one quarter against Chicago are of the shining moments, because that one quarter against Chicago was elite.
Speaker 2: The three quarters leading up to We're hideous.
Speaker 1: I just think you got to do what most what a lot of teams have done when they realize they don't have the right guy, They just cut bait, move on. Anything's possible, anything is possible. But I think cutting bait and moving on is their best thing, and they had taken the first step by naming Kyler the starter.
Speaker 3: Bait is gross. It always is, no matter what. The YA can't touch it gross. It's worms, it's other fish, it's squid, it's gross.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is. Okay, so let's not cut bait. Yeah, Okay, that's number one.
Speaker 3: Number two, let's just let this situation play out without comparing it to other situations, because JJ may be great in two years.
Speaker 4: You never know, you might. We've seen strange things.
Speaker 3: Sam Darnold turn out to be a pretty good quarterback after a while, right, Yeah, So let's just let's let Kyler have the reins. And if nobody's going to give us anything for him anywhere anyway, why would we get rid of JJ. Let's just let him sit there as long as he's got a good attitude. He's got a gattitude attitude. If he's laying on the ground going slimon his fist, slam his fish, then we are spanking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a problem behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: I mean, we have Carson Wentz for a reason, right, You ship JJ off or whatever you can get and you move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Carson Wentz is daddy.
Speaker 2: Wait, he is daddy daddy.
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: And what what was the one thing that a whole bunch of Vikings quarterbacks struggled with last year?
Speaker 2: That is accuracy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: We had a whole bunch of guys that just didn't seem to be able to get the ball where they needed to get it. Do you know I didn't know this until somebody. I think somebody said it, maybe even on Brandon Show yesterday. Oh thanks, Agador. Do you know where Kyler Murray ranks in terms of completion percentage in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Completion percentage in the history of the NFL third You're not gonna believe this, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Number one? No, okay, number nine.
Speaker 2: No, no, number six, no, number five.
Speaker 1: Yes, you got it. Wow, there goes strange person.
Speaker 7: Joe Burrow's number one all time at sixty eight point five.
Speaker 2: Then to number one. Tua is Tua It's number two. Yeah, Tua is number twa at sixty eight three. Drew Brees is third, number four, Jimmy Garoppolo number ten. Number ten is Teddy Bridgewater. Number five Kyler Murray.
Speaker 1: Wow, so those are weird numbers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really is weird because it doesn't feel like he should be anywhere near fifth all time in life.
Speaker 2: No, that's real life.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's very odd.
Speaker 2: That is real odd.
Speaker 4: Please, it's calm down. Why is he so mean over there?
Speaker 7: I'm not mean, but think of how important that will be, just just if Kyler can just be anywhere near sixty seven point one percent, which is his career completion percentage. Just KOs wants consistency, and that's you can KOs. No, that's what Leber says, JJ is not going to do.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 7: But even again back to JJ, if you're like, well, I still think JJ's got potential. I still think in the right situation, you could figure this out. The one thing he was not was consistent.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: He would have quarter quarters where he looked like he should be nowhere near an NFL field, and then he'd have a quarter where he would just light it up and you go, oh, there it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the movie Hook.
Speaker 1: There you are, Peter. Great film. God, that's a great film, right hawk, Hook's a great movie.
Speaker 4: Great film.
Speaker 1: How about and here you are, Peter, brilliant right now?
Speaker 3: Hate that I said it in the last episode of Game of Thrones or whatever Dragon when he walks up and.
Speaker 2: Goes, I'm a lot. Yeah, I know, what the hell was that?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah?
Speaker 7: That line was like simultaneously fun and stupid at the same time. Like I liked it, but it was also like interesting choice by the writers and the actor.
Speaker 3: What was the guy's name who was always on in the squares Jim J.
Speaker 1: Boko.
Speaker 2: May I think that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Maybe the other guy not Shadow, Oh, Gilbert Godfrey. No, he was older than he was on I Dream a Genie. Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I know that.
Speaker 1: He was always one of the squares.
Speaker 2: Remember Shadow Stevens radio guy.
Speaker 4: The bitch was a comedian.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I watched a lot of Hollywood squares.
Speaker 4: Paul Land.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I've done. Yep, would not would not have come up with that name.
Speaker 4: Oh just trust me, Okay, you know his face hilarious.
Speaker 3: Right, he's a funny guy, right, Yes, he was Uncle Arthur and Bewitched and he was always on the Hollywood squares.
Speaker 1: Mm and uh he uh.
Speaker 3: He seemed horny, but it was weird kind of horny, like he might have been horny for inanimate objects.
Speaker 1: And shot right right shoes. Yeah you know, no, you know he was horny, but just not sure what he was horny for? Men? Okay, maybe man, Yeah, maybe maybe you were.
Speaker 13: Maybe not though, maybe that's just things we're back that they were see.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on audio.
Speaker 14: Paul In not watching the board, Kathy, I'd have gone to Tina Turner the block that this may work out. According to the author of Aesop's Fables, what is a greater blessing in life than having many children?
Speaker 1: I'll say having many sports shirts. What a sentence. By the way, I'll take Tina Turner to block. Yeah, wow, River, what is isn't it?
Speaker 14: What is the greater blessing in life than having many children?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: A blessing in life than having man's crazy gonna curse?
Speaker 1: And I know this food TV, so it looks like he wants to I would say having a great provider for those children. Kathy, that was boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello, I go, when a man.
Speaker 14: Falls out of your boat and into the water, you should yell man overboard.
Speaker 1: Now what should you yell?
Speaker 2: If a woman falls overboard? Fall straight ahead?
Speaker 1: That's great? Yeah, that's genius.
Speaker 4: See that was a one the other day.
Speaker 1: I'm alive.
Speaker 4: I was like, what the hell just happened?
Speaker 1: Paul Land just roar it up on it. Yeah, good for him. Allow.
Speaker 7: I did feel about that, By the way, it just felt like another storyline that hit fast forward. It was just too fast. It was like, really, yeah, maybe they'll explain that later.
Speaker 1: But also it's like, yeah, you're you're immediately regretful and you're sorry.
Speaker 7: And you're just gonna kneel down, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: The guy with one eye was much tougher than the guy who'd been burned. Kick his ask I'm okay, well I'm gonna chop your head off.
Speaker 2: So look, the show's fun, but it's flawed.
Speaker 7: But it's also like it just feels like it's, uh, how do we get the story to the next uh, you know, benchmark as fast as possible?
Speaker 2: And that that felt like a fast.
Speaker 7: Forward scene, like he just lands says, hey, here's what we're doing. Sure, you try to kill me, but all good, all good, let's just move on. And they were both like, yeah, let's just move on, Like wow, that took thirty five seconds.
Speaker 4: Hello, full speed ahead.
Speaker 7: What a great back to Hollywood Squares for a second, because I love game shows. They clearly clearly got the questions ahead of time so they could come up with something funny, right, yeah, yeah, sure, so so think about what they have to do though. Not only do they have to then come up with a clever line, or maybe the writers even give them a line to come up with, but then they have to act like.
Speaker 1: Okay, not that my jokes out of the way. What am I going to guess? Here? Right?
Speaker 7: And then they actually have to quot because they've had time to think about the question. But this isn't like they're put on the spot and going, you know, here's a trivia question.
Speaker 1: Answer it.
Speaker 2: It was, oh man, let's see what am I going to I guess? Maybe just a provider or something.
Speaker 1: You heard that question probably three hours ago.
Speaker 3: They were interesting, you know, they were all those Paul was high on something.
Speaker 1: Take Tina Turner for the block.
Speaker 7: Wow, just just an icon sitting in the Hollywood squares, rock bottom for her career.
Speaker 1: Froy spell poor Tina.
Speaker 4: I'll take former Vice President Dan Quayle for the block.
Speaker 7: Dan, how do you spell potato'?
Speaker 1: Never get to Oh? Yeah, you know what you should get instead of a boat? Yeah, well, get protect for your gutters at gutterhelmetemn dot com. Never clean your gutters again. The leaves are gonna start falling soon, and you don't want to have to spend a weekend going up there and cleaning out your gutters. Gutterhelmetemn dot com.
Speaker 2: So you'll take gutter helmet for the block.
Speaker 7: I will, yeah, blocks, Yeah, all that garbage.
Speaker 1: It's a weird bull speed ahead to gutter helmet MN dot com. What was a guy's name who hosted that show? Alivin Scores?
Speaker 4: What was his name?
Speaker 7: Well, Tom bergeron But also then you mean, like way back in the.
Speaker 11: Day, was that so and so Davidson?
Speaker 1: Was that his name?
Speaker 13: I don't know anyway, it's Peter Marshall, John Davidson.
Speaker 1: I can't believe there was ever a time when that was in fashion.
Speaker 4: What he was wearing the show? What was wrong with humanity? That that was cool?
Speaker 3: And maybe we'll look back at what we're wearing now and say the same thing. But what a weird look he's wearing, Like Clark Gable could have been wearing it or somebody running a mortuary right now, Like, do you.
Speaker 7: Think historians are going to look back and just assume that what Cam Newton wears on TVs with the rest of society was wearing to the point.
Speaker 4: You just made it in a box and I don't want to wear a.
Speaker 1: Good point more the power Tom morning to you after this. I'm a fan.
Speaker 15: Just you gotta get your bank may reverse a frauntulent charge, but if a thief is using your name, you need real protection, life.
Speaker 12: Can be.
Speaker 1: Dead.
Speaker 2: I'm alive? Is that from the show? Come on?
Speaker 3: He rolls up on a dragon and it's like the music is like, oh my god, there's a dragon behind him?
Speaker 1: Could I pay? I'm alive again? Not the best moment, but kind of fun but also kind of stupid, just dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know how dumb it is, Corey. I typed in in the search I'm alive and that just popped up. Yeah, like that's how big of a deal it is that he just went alive.
Speaker 1: Hey a Max Heyn, Isn't.
Speaker 7: His story the perfect example of their just doing it too fast? And I know, think think about let's go back to Thrones. The biggest complain about the final season.
Speaker 2: Is that they rushed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, of course, storylines that got fast forwarded because it's like, well, we only have like six episodes.
Speaker 2: Let's just get through this.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is the final season of the greatest show of all time. Slow down and do it right, Yeah, slow down, daddy, And like I.
Speaker 7: Got and Laris walking around the the woods by themselves for a second was going to be an interesting storyline. It's like, that's the freaking king essentially and nobody knows it, and like two episodes later he's like, I found a dragon and now I'm back and now I'm alive. It's like, okay, well that could have been a two in Thrones, that might have been like a two season arc, but he said it was like a four episode Bitten's he's right back to the.
Speaker 4: Dragon he's on? Is that his dragon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He was dead. We thought, could you remember what three four episodes ago? When he first remember three or four episodes ago.
Speaker 7: When he found him in the woods and he wanted to see him and he put his ear against him. He's like, he's he's alive, and dude, let him he's dead, let him go.
Speaker 1: He's what.
Speaker 7: So he kind of sense it a couple of episodes ago that hey, this thing, this thing ain't dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if the dragon could talk, he would also say something like.
Speaker 3: Where dragon walked.
Speaker 2: Up, Nathan Lane shows up at the mother.
Speaker 7: Yeah if if sunfire, like Paul Land, I think whoever runs HBO would have just jumped off the top of a building and said, I I can't live through this is this is the worst. It's over for me.
Speaker 1: All right. There's another nitpick not that I do that. No, not you.
Speaker 7: How come when when anybody on Thrones Orhouse of the Dragon, or eventually maybe Night of the Seven Kingdoms, I don't know if there's any dragons left during that era or not, probably not. How come when anybody says Drekaris the Dragon immediately knows exactly who to burn, never knows, like he never is like, hey on, I'm going to burn these guys over here to the left.
Speaker 1: What about that.
Speaker 7: Group to the right or that is that our team or your team? It's just they they always burned the right ones.
Speaker 3: I do like this strange also, that they're basically riding around grey white sharks.
Speaker 2: Who listened yep?
Speaker 1: Well said It's like yep, that gray white shirt there he does.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a little bit of that's the sheep stealer angle, right is that's the one that just doesn't seem to listen.
Speaker 2: He doesn't seem to care the rest of them.
Speaker 4: Stealer's flying around going.
Speaker 7: I'm glad we don't have thought bubbles for sheep stealers.
Speaker 3: Steelers, dubborn hell e guns is quite.
Speaker 7: I can think of bold as showrunner decisions for House of the Dragon, sheep Stealers flying away and they show a thought bubble. It's just the logo to Arby's you're like the stump son of a bitch, idiot God, everybody else is trying to take over the iron throne, and Steelers just hungry, so.
Speaker 1: He's got jacked up teeth. That was a really spoiler filled breakdown. I thought that was good. Me too.
Speaker 2: And we got a new quarterback. Yeah man, yeah, job stealer. Yeah, jobs, that's great.
Speaker 7: That is good, how though, Yeah, I get it was. It was the most this is the most predictable thing ever. The second you signed Kyler Murray's yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's why I think.
Speaker 7: I think the people that sauce you were one of them that was like, the second you signed Kyler, it's almost like, well then maybe should we just move on immediately. I'm a little surprised in the off season they didn't just say let's just let's let's ship JJ out of here, give him a fresh start somewhere else, give him a chance to succeed.
Speaker 1: But this is the Kyler window.
Speaker 7: If if it's a disaster, you want it to be a real disaster so you can get into this reportedly loaded draft class.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: The worst case scenario is that Kyler's okay and we finished like seven and ten, yes, or eight and nine.
Speaker 1: That's anything but that. I want this to be brilliant or brutal, Yeah, biblically batter epically, Kyler needs to be like, Wow, let's sign him to a five year ago.
Speaker 2: Let's give him a ton of money.
Speaker 7: This is our guy, perfect spot for Koc's offense. Ky He's got to figure it out. Or I wanted to be so bad that we let Wentz play about halfway through the year and then.
Speaker 1: It just goes really south, really fast.
Speaker 4: What if What if here's a scenario.
Speaker 3: What if Carlor Kyler is like not good, JJ comes in for one quarter, looks completely uh overwhelmed, and then suddenly, you know, Carson walks up to coaching on the sideline and he goes.
Speaker 1: And holding a clipboard.
Speaker 2: Guy Steeler a poor buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, fund Page Sports after this.
Speaker 13: Power Morning, Bob and Beyond for students. They could win five thousd and dollars for classroom supplies and resources. Nominated them now at iHeartRadio dot com slash Teachers.
Speaker 1: Amazing hot plots. He's back.
Speaker 2: I love amazing hot rods.
Speaker 1: We know are great bit sauce steeler over there, yeap, I used to have hideous teeth, but now they're all better.
Speaker 4: Many a man.
Speaker 7: Time now for front case, Holiday Station Stores, Holiday Station Stores. Four Mountain dues for just eight bucks. You're going on a road trip and there's three jackalopes in the backseat. Why don't you get all four of you some mountain deer, remember jes uh. Four mountain dews for eight bucks for a limited time with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks Holiday, Cory.
Speaker 4: You know what I just realized. And I just told Zach know what's your name?
Speaker 1: Max? I just told Max, this is what I just realized.
Speaker 3: You think you got it all figured out, right, like you got all your ducks in a row. Take a deep breath and just realize, for the moment you got things figured out. But sheep stealers around the corner.
Speaker 1: I mean, so it's just a metaphor for life.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the moment because instead of saying I've.
Speaker 3: Got it all figured out safe for the moment, I've got it all figured out, but I know that weird tooth bastard is.
Speaker 4: Around the corner.
Speaker 3: Oh it's okay, though, Learn to be okay with that, right, Yeah, learn to be okay with that. Like right now we feel like Kyler Murray might be the good quarterback sheep stealers around the corner, So for the moment, be happy Kyler's your quarterback. That's what I think. Let me think of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do.
Speaker 7: You think of that as a sports analogy? I think it's somebody that has not watched House of the Dragon.
Speaker 2: I think it's very good.
Speaker 1: You guys talk enough about it, so I think, like, I know, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: Just give me your best guess. What is House of the Dragon about.
Speaker 1: I would guess a house full of dragons and one of them maybe isn't talked about at the family gatherings because of how bad his teeth are. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: So you don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, I have no clue.
Speaker 7: So you think the dragons have a house? Yeah, the actual dragon. I think it's not people with dragon blood, just the dragons hang out in the house like it's the Goldilocks and the three Bears and the dragons share different sized beds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Facts of Life, Hawk's favorite show.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: Oh oh yeah, see there's sheeps do No, that sounded a painful kind of thank you. Yeah, I hope you're better.
Speaker 7: Thank you if I give you one other complain about House of the Dragon season three. Now, I know Mark Rosen thinks he plays for the French national team bench, but can we go a whole season and you see Vagar for about two seconds? You know what I'm saying, Like, I know that part of the story was where the hell did he go? And nobody can find him? And at some point he's going to be a huge problem.
Speaker 1: She is he or she? Maybe it is a she.
Speaker 2: I just questioned myself. Maybe it is a she either way, so we don't know where she is. You go a whole year.
Speaker 7: And how how often was she on screen? Like two seconds in the beginning of the season when he's.
Speaker 1: Flying around now very little, almost none, sauce you want more Vagar? Right?
Speaker 7: Who's that he plays for the French national team. He's on the French bench.
Speaker 4: I think just doesn't like his name.
Speaker 9: Oh, the other Dragons playground him. It's easy. Some layup names come on.
Speaker 7: Kyler Murray named Viking starter U for week one, and we'll see if we get a glimpse of him on Saturday because preseason game number one against the New York Giants in New Jersey. Season opener is September thirteenth against Green Bay, so he's got a full month as the one.
Speaker 2: He's twenty nine years old.
Speaker 7: He was the number one overall pick in twenty nineteen, and again, the Vikings, I do you guys remember this, signed him to a one year, one point three million dollar deal. Because the Cardinals are paying him thirty five point five million dollars. That's a lot of money to make a guy leave, especially when your plan at the time was Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that team's buns.
Speaker 7: So they already have problems down there because Carson Beck is there, and Cardinal fans are like, can we just move on from Jacoby Brissett and Gardner Minshew? But anyway, my point is is the Cardinals are paying him thirty five million, the Vikings are paying him a little over one. But you remember the Vikings can't tag him next year. That was part of the contract clause that he signed. So he either he's he's hitting free agency no matter what. Whether or not he wants to come back, it's up to him. But he plays really, really well and the Vikings want him. They're gonna have to pay him a fortune.
Speaker 3: I like the way you said it. Core said they named Kyler Murray quarterback for week one. Did you see they named for quarterback for week ten?
Speaker 2: Can change?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot that can happen. I mean, I have a couple of guesses the same. Well, heyn, There's there's a series of ways this.
Speaker 2: Could be going. Yes, you might just say sheep stealer.
Speaker 7: You might say agon just so you can do the I'm alive bit, or you might say somebody's birthday, like I don't know, cool mode and that'll.
Speaker 2: Be week ten's quarterback.
Speaker 1: We think you know which one of those options is it?
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, sir, mix a lot happy named starter or week ten?
Speaker 1: Things change before then? Wow man, happy birthday, Happy birthday? Mix A lot? Maybe got quarterback? See yeah, did put up in the Q, sir mix A lot will be starting.
Speaker 4: He's been named Quebec for week ten.
Speaker 1: Oh, November fifteenth at the Packers.
Speaker 7: That's right, all right, want to get ahead of it. Yeah, good for him. His real name was Anthony Ray. I have never known that until I just read that on Wikipedia. Tony Ray Tony Ray like sir mix a lot better.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, how does sir mix a lot not have a cooking show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No kidding, great question, Yeah, real good, like making cookies.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and he films it in making Georgia.
Speaker 2: Okay, making cookies.
Speaker 1: Oh, Macon, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 7: So I just thought you were like, Okay, if that's where he wants to do it, I'm not going to say no, I'm not good for him.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so he's making cookies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone just went yes, sure, is that where he's from.
Speaker 2: Okay, you clearly have thought about this job.
Speaker 1: Still making cookies.
Speaker 2: This is a premeditated okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's you.
Speaker 7: It's making the cookies with mix a lot. Yeah, and it's in making Georgia Georgia. And he's just bacon cookies and he's mixing a lot, right, yeah, a lot making bacon.
Speaker 4: Now he's got a bacon show as well. Oh no, hit the hey uh sauce making noise.
Speaker 3: That is the the uh breaking news sounder Wow Week twelve starter George Hamilton.
Speaker 2: No way, Yeah, he's not still with us, is he?
Speaker 13: Bitch?
Speaker 1: No way?
Speaker 2: Is he really?
Speaker 4: Eighty seven and he's start great quarterback week.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that guy.
Speaker 7: In any form in years is eighty seven, He's Zoro said that.
Speaker 1: The gay Blade. He just said that I didn't say was the gay Boy.
Speaker 4: That's what the name of the movie was.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm here. I would have guess he died a decade ago.
Speaker 1: And I'm.
Speaker 4: George read from the script.
Speaker 1: No, ad, take a deep breath, George. Yeah, man, do you have the Week fourteen starter? No?
Speaker 4: Come on, let's that be weird?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, come on, point Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus, we've done enough mix a lot of jokes for one day.
Speaker 1: Let's move on. So anyway, Yeah, Kyler is the starter. We'll talk to Ben Liebert about it a little bit later.
Speaker 7: Can't seem like a foregone conclusion this second that they signed him. But like I was joking about a couple of days ago, Like all it would have taken is one significant injury and JJ's right back in the mix.
Speaker 1: And that's still the case. But you know, Kyler's got to stay healthy otherwise there's a couple of guys waiting in the wings. And think about it like this.
Speaker 7: He can't miss a significant amount of time this year. Otherwise, why would the Vikings invest a ton of money in him without seeing a large sample size. So this isn't say I need to perform super well all year for the Vikings. This is I gotta stay healthy the vast majority of this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man can't have a four game window? Nope, How can the Vikings back up the brins truck if you only see him for four or five games? Can't do that, right, You're not giving them like a five year, two hundred million dollars deal if you see him for four games. Got to stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Let me take that further. For a moment, I had a thought, so I looked it up. I couldn't remember how to spell fore gone. And do you know why I couldn't remember because there's two different words.
Speaker 1: F O r E.
Speaker 2: That's the one yep.
Speaker 1: And then f O r g o n E without the e. There's two different I've never seen the one without the e. What's the difference?
Speaker 3: Both fore gone and fore gone sound similar, their meanings are quite different. Foregne with an E is used to imply something has already happened or is certain to happen, certain to happen, Yeah, fore gone without it being the past particle participle of two fore go it is about abstaining or giving something up by.
Speaker 2: Choice, makes a ton of sense. I've just never used it.
Speaker 3: I've heard it used in that way, and I couldn't remember which one was which now I know, and.
Speaker 1: No way to say that's Viking.
Speaker 7: Fore Gone would also be a clever name for a circumcision business.
Speaker 1: That would be great. Yeah, Sauce, you get that joke, right, he gets it.
Speaker 4: Trust me, he gets it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: You do one.
Speaker 1: What else should foregone mean? That's a great question.
Speaker 2: But if it was Spangler's twin brother.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you, Yeah, he's fore gone.
Speaker 4: Foregone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just gonna do I'm alive, but again, Oregon.
Speaker 3: Foregne should be a descendant of a gun really flappy neck, where that lady go?
Speaker 1: You stuck with for god?
Speaker 11: Okay, a good day gets like this.
Speaker 4: For gone, put your necks kin down.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows you're in there again.
Speaker 7: After he gets burned, that would have been an interesting choice to have, like a burned flap on his neck that he could hide behind.
Speaker 1: For Gone, I'm not here.
Speaker 7: You're not acting like your grace, your grace, and we're doing game of Thrones improv o good.
Speaker 2: Think HBO is calling your phone right now. You might want to pick that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, skin Stealer, Yeah, isn't the.
Speaker 7: Isn't the movie supposed to be called like a Gon's Conquest, the one that's supposed to be out in a couple of years. But if it was just for Gon's Conquest, Sir, you're embarrassing yourself.
Speaker 4: Fore Gone standard.
Speaker 3: Oh, for God's sakes, I think I have bride.
Speaker 1: You know we could get rid of that if you want the simple procedure. The hell is happening?
Speaker 4: You don't know, you don't get it, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't watch that show. Should have taken more improv classes. Yeah, I took one.
Speaker 7: This is a blues riff and bee watch me for the changes and try to keep up.
Speaker 4: I can't foregun take me away?
Speaker 1: You get that joke now, Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you're like doing.
Speaker 1: Foreskin people were doing now we're now we're doing commercial jokes jokes. Yeah, nobody mentioned anything about a penis due you one? No, we didn't.
Speaker 7: We said fore gone. You're you have a one track mind, dude, really do Yeah? Sophomoric man, don't you get out of the penis lane. I I don't make a lot of sense of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: You don't make a lot of sense of a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you guys are going. I don't watch that show, so I'll just sit quietly. Here's Ko on the quarterback choosing process.
Speaker 8: We gave the guys different challenges on different days, you know, while letting them, you know, kind of compete at the same stride early on in camp.
Speaker 1: It's been a true.
Speaker 8: Competition, and we feel like we're at a place, you know, where we've made a complete evaluation, you know. I kind of always had and we had this timeline as Nolan and I worked through the summer, kind of talking about what we wanted this to look like right around now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yo, we got us a quarterback. Yeah man.
Speaker 7: Sir Mix a Lot had an album in nineteen ninety four called Chief boot Knaka Wow, Sure She's been. In nineteen ninety six, he had an album called Return of the Bumpasaurus.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They gave him the presidential freedom they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah direct, they said there's never been a better representation of American spirit.
Speaker 1: Same him a Ward Gump guy. In twenty ten, Sir Mix a Lot announced his next album, done Forgot About Mix, and it is the number four and the word got but no space in between. So just done forgot about Mix.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, And I don't get Nelson Mandela cursed he loved it so much?
Speaker 2: Did he really did?
Speaker 7: All right, keep this one going, keep the ball rolling, go what you got it, keep going about mix. We're just riffing, keep going.
Speaker 4: My god, would you riff?
Speaker 1: Just riff?
Speaker 4: Would you please riff?
Speaker 1: You're in the band riff mix a Lot.
Speaker 2: Was a great man. He had six premiere studio albums.
Speaker 4: This sounds like a on twister.
Speaker 1: Did he die? What's going on? What hit?
Speaker 2: An album called Confusedly?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's cool.
Speaker 1: For gone? I don't know.
Speaker 2: In a welcome called Daddy's Home, Daddy did he got paroled?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: They don't know. Look, you've only been gone two days. Don't you know how this show works. We just riff.
Speaker 2: We're just in profit. You got to keep up.
Speaker 1: You were asleep for a bit there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I know it seems like you don't understand what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If we're talking about Game of Thrones or Mix a Lot of albums.
Speaker 1: Do you think this entire segment has been a metaphor for the Power Trip Morning Show. I don't know what quite what that is either, m I think you guys are doing great. When you gonna listen to Return of Bumpasaurus. You are the chief boot knock of the Power Trip Morning Show. Really well, what.
Speaker 7: Really matters is next scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 1: And in between Crystal change your life or something else. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan. Oh, by the way, before we do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen, Sir mix a Lot became the.
Speaker 7: Spokesperson for Cards Against Humanity's Ass Pact.
Speaker 1: Did you heard?
Speaker 4: Did you hear about the reaction to that? God? He loved it so much. He went to Old Country my favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, sauce, you get it, keep going, keep it going. He's like, screw not eating? Yes, no, what sight?
Speaker 2: Keep it going? You got it?
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: Gandhi getting a California Roles. Gandhi's going to come to the fevandelas swearing we're talking about Mix a Lot, you get it? Sheep stealer and thrones and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, the the Pope was so impressed he gave up Catholicism.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what did We're supposed to try to be funny.
Speaker 2: It really matters. Next, during football season, you have got to listen live. The Vikings have named Kyler.
Speaker 8: Murray and the abilities you know, not only just from a standpoint of accuracy, but his ability to affect the game with his athleticism. But he's also proven to be smart, you know, very hard working and able to take in a lot of information and turn that out. Now, we really want to give him the opportunity to really start building a comfort level, not only with the system but with the guys.
Speaker 7: That's right again, that is the voice of the seventeenth best looking coach in the NFL, according to that poll that we talked about yesterday. Oh really, seventeenth, seventeen behind guys like Andy Reid and Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the poll said. Oh we disagreed, Yeah we should.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: We do disagree, but we agree that a quarterback needed to be chosen and it has been chosen. Now he's the chosen one, that's what they're calling him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sweet. Can't wait. We'll see what goes.
Speaker 2: WHOA excuse me?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Okay? I got choked up thinking about you.
Speaker 4: Choke on that giant tongue.
Speaker 2: Ears what I've heard?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Way a giant tongue. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard that at all. That's not what people are saying.
Speaker 7: You think that tongue would have had a chance to put up a wall in the last forty plus years?
Speaker 2: Can I welcome back?
Speaker 1: By the way, Can I do a sports thing? Sure? Is it what really matters? Sure?
Speaker 4: You want me to go ahead and hit the thing for you so you feel Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: That's what really matters.
Speaker 7: Brought you by Ohvo Lacy, Can Lens go get Lasick? From doctor Mark loman Off and doctor David Whiting ovo I dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks Evo, Lacy and Lens sauce their segment. Steeler Brilliant, a high school football player in Arkansas unknowingly wore a helmet with a venomous snake inside for nearly an hour. We talked about this yesterday. Thanks for listening to the show while you're gone, dude, listen didn't listen to one second of the show. I listened on Zacho's very very good initials play on Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you listen to Packers audio?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, hang on, you know chat have it says this all the time.
Speaker 7: You know the shows on days that doesn't have initials, right, there's other days.
Speaker 2: I was looking for Kyler coverage.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you listen yesterday when we talked about the snake in the guy's helmet.
Speaker 4: There's a snake in my helmet.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that part. I was probably sleep. We did two and a half hours on that story. Did you a story? All right? Well, never mind.
Speaker 2: We told Marnie and Bonus to go home so we could do snake talk.
Speaker 4: You said snakes aren't a lot at the State Fair.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts relliant, brilliant. All your bits are brilliant. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: Segment that's your new nickname, Teffe tf T listen a new ride at Universal Studios. Hollywood is so good at making people scream.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I heard the story. I was laughing at Your.
Speaker 4: Neighbors are bust.
Speaker 1: Here's what they say.
Speaker 16: The Fast and Furious roller Coaster will soon have additional sound barriers in.
Speaker 1: Hopes of muffling some of the noise that comes.
Speaker 16: After neighbors and nearby te Luca Lake started complaining about the sound of screaming writers on Instagram. La City Council and Adriannasarian said the park is working to cut down on the sound.
Speaker 2: I'm Mark Mayfield that you live next to an amusement park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you expect?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it means people are having fun or not.
Speaker 1: Screaming.
Speaker 2: It's like you just moved next door to Dave Mustaine.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be loud.
Speaker 2: Is he still with us?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, you know, this is where the fence line is, Dave. Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 7: I mean my property starts here, your starts there, so please don't cross it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: I don't know if you have I don't understand why you don't understand, But if you have any other complaints, just to reach out to the HOA because I'm not gonna argue with you. What do you mean, Paul, keep it going, Pretend you're another member of Mega.
Speaker 1: Death Sweating Bullets. You don't get this bit.
Speaker 2: That's the song Oh.
Speaker 7: Oh oh God, the Orioles beat the Twins five to two. Bailey ober Got rocked six innings, eight hits, five runs. He gave up three home runs to the Baltimore Orioles. The Twins are now fifty nine and sixty two. They're three and a half back in the Division A game and a half back in the wild Card one game today against Baltimore at twelve forty Zebi Matthews for the Minnesota Twins and and tomorrow Field of Dreams going to that TV Iowa.
Speaker 2: No, Bony is right, yeah, sure, sure wow?
Speaker 3: And Jess Frashburn's beloved were there yesterday for the Saints game.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, good for that man? All right, I hope nobody saw this, did TV? By my TV?
Speaker 2: Round to the nearest multiple of one hundred?
Speaker 7: How many people attend the Major League Baseball game Field of Dreams?
Speaker 1: Rounded to the nearest hundred.
Speaker 2: Thirty five hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifty one hundred, I'll say eight thousand, three hundred sixty nine hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, Max, I thought you almost were gonna nail it. Seventy eight hundred.
Speaker 12: Oh wow, that's bigger than thought. Seventy's yeah. Well, good for Bony, Yeah man?
Speaker 1: How did he get tickets? They like win a lottery or something good question then also, how much are they? I bet got to be pretty exclusive. Yeah, let me look here, got to milk him like a cow from Kingpin. Oh, that guy got hurt. We don't have a cow.
Speaker 4: He's on the roller coaster.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Frenchman.
Speaker 4: TV got the answer.
Speaker 1: Uh, they are right now.
Speaker 2: You can get them.
Speaker 1: The cheapest is about four eighty six a ticket.
Speaker 2: Kyler Murray.
Speaker 7: Kyler Murray's on Sports Center right now. It looked like a seven year old that drew a beard on himself.
Speaker 4: He's so small, but he's not really in real life.
Speaker 1: No, but he just he just looks so tiny.
Speaker 7: Oh, he had like a beanie on and his hat looked like it was for an adult.
Speaker 4: Looks like me wearing a Magnum.
Speaker 1: A slide right up thereous is my turn of your turn? What really matters is this?
Speaker 4: So you're saying my turn.
Speaker 3: Sure, Exercising in really hot weather can be dangerous, but an expert say is going to be done with precautions, So be careful at their kiddos. Exercise in the morning and the evening on really hot days, especially if you're coaching kids. Once the temperatures over ninety for a heat index. That's when concerns starts going up. And when it hits one hundred and three for the heat index, that's when you might want to think about canceling practice for the day. So those of you out there starting football season and such, take care of the kiddos. Get them something to drink, or let them sit in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let them play video games? Yeah man, yeah, man, the new mad I'll learn something from it. Yeah. Are you guys already done with college football? I'll go back to it.
Speaker 2: I've gone back to it.
Speaker 1: You guys say this every year.
Speaker 7: Your love of that game lasts about two to three weeks and then it just disappears.
Speaker 1: Is it worth that much money for two or three weeks the fun?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it absolutely is.
Speaker 3: I enjoy a ten dollars a cup of coffee for about thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Good point, Yeah, well said, Yeah. He owns land in Scotland. Yeah yeah, money on that he makes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what do he spent on that game? I think he spends about a spin on gambling.
Speaker 3: True, But like, when was the last time either of you played it? I almost played last night, but a run out of time. It is one of those things when I get a hankering for it, and it's always there. I like to start the new season over and play through High School.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I played it last Friday. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna walk by the PlayStation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my right, year, I hear, I'm a liar.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, that's right, but OC's correct. The part where you build up the player is the best part. Best part, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't play thro high School?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know, see if you can't diddle of the English teacher this day, jesus us what you've.
Speaker 4: Played the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're right. Paul, calm down. He does consent.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it was a lady by the way, okay in my game?
Speaker 7: Yeah mine too, Yeah, same, mister Lynde question fall speed Ahead. The Links are at Portland tonight at nine o'clock. The Links are something like twelve and a half point favorites on DraftKings. They are twenty seven and seven. They've won twelve of their last thirteen, including the last two.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though.
Speaker 4: Is this, you're right about that we got to go to break.
Speaker 1: We're very late.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll give you what really matagsmen come back from this is that okay with you?
Speaker 1: Sure, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Newgate Vikings.
Speaker 1: Football is Back.
Speaker 13: Be sure to find our Mall of America Street team each day at training camp for your chance to win fantastic prizes including Mall of America mystery cards and so much more. Full details at KFA dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies and gentlemen, Yes, yes, Ben Leber will be joining us. Here's Ben from the Bennan podcast which is called Soundehorn, which is very very well done. Ben inside about how long the lease is going to be now that he's been named the starter.
Speaker 4: He being Kyler Morien, I think.
Speaker 1: It's pretty long.
Speaker 10: I mean outside of outside of him just having disastrous games, in him looking like he just can't pick up the offense, which is contrary to what all the reports are, even from Kevin O'Connell himself. I mean, it sounds like he's very happy with where he's at with the playbook, so I don't see that happening. So outside of absolute men told disaster, I think he's got a really long leash. And again the caveat is staying healthy. But as far as in them actually voluntarily pulling him, I just don't see that happening. I think they're gonna let him ride it out as as long as possible. So that's that'll be, that will be. I think less a Talkers this season goes along.
Speaker 3: Ben Lieber and Siaminson do the Sound the Horn podcast, which is a video podcast, which is the same.
Speaker 4: It's a viodcast video podcast Popula. It's great. Check it out Sound the Horn.
Speaker 3: Ben will be with us a little bit later today, and Si will be with us for our anniversary show at Treasure Island Resort.
Speaker 2: Good Point.
Speaker 7: Kelsey Cook, Chad Daniels, Siaminson, Tommy Ryman. Kelsey's Netflix special comes out in what something like five or six days.
Speaker 2: I think it's the eighteenth. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: It's coming right up.
Speaker 2: I was at that taping. It was great. Were you sure?
Speaker 16: Were you.
Speaker 4: Booing and flashing your d You.
Speaker 1: Were flashing your didn't say that, he asked, I asked, I did an answer. He's looking for confirmation.
Speaker 2: Get wicked, man.
Speaker 7: If you look at Kyler stats, his career touchdown interception ratio almost exactly two to one one hundred and twenty one touchdowns sixty interceptions.
Speaker 2: Right, that's two to one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but almost every individual year like that just doesn't break. Let's watch. I mean he's had a couple of years where he's missed a lot of games. Yeah, here are his years, and just keep that two to one ratio in mind. Twenty and twelve, twenty six and twelve, twenty four and ten, fourteen and seven, ten and five, twenty one and eleven, six and three, super consistent that he's going to throw two touchdowns in one interception on a yearly basis. Two to one, solid, Right, you get to that three to one, four to one, five to one. Now you're talking in VP right when you're in that range. But two to ones fineish, right, solid?
Speaker 4: Yeah compared. Yeah, I mean let's go, you know, yeah, you know, yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Let's see and we'll play five games last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a couple of Uh, he's not I wouldn't say he's injury prone. He's had a couple of big injuries.
Speaker 7: Yeah, two years in twenty twenty three, he only played eight games. In twenty twenty five and only played five games.
Speaker 3: So like, you know, his toe hurt this game, and then his shoulder hurt the next game, and then his arm hurt the you know, it's been like I think it was his foot and then something else, but they were big injuries.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be fine. I think he's good.
Speaker 1: He's great, all.
Speaker 2: Right, more of what really matters, right, isn't that right?
Speaker 7: There are six preseason games in the NFL tomorrow, including the Packers at the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Man, man, dudes, it's football season.
Speaker 7: And Aaron Rodgers, well not according to Aaron Rodgers, because he was asked about preseason football and Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Quote, that's not real football.
Speaker 1: Well he sucks.
Speaker 2: So somebody was like, so you don't you don't see any value for yourself and he goes, not really and he said it with the Aaron Rodgers face where you know, he said, uh, you know, not so much you could read between the lines, and he wanted to say it much much stronger than that, and normally he would.
Speaker 4: But he's been playing since Aggon was a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the days of your right playing before the iPhone was a thing. Sure, what else was he playing since? Probably right when Facebook started and MySpace before on Twitter was a thing. He's been playing in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because so far you're just naming technology timelines.
Speaker 1: He's been playing before the puck Pack. Oh that was in the nineties.
Speaker 4: You were in the nineties. That was your daddy going to the nineties.
Speaker 1: He did, he dabbled, you know what I mean? It was after you were born.
Speaker 2: You're fine.
Speaker 4: I wish it had been like the day you were conceived. Instead he was the nineties.
Speaker 2: Why do I have to explain I have to go in to the nineties without dabbling.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 2: Can't help himself. It's got to dabble.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, good for my dad, the old dabbling diddley.
Speaker 2: What that's how that's what we call it, the double d ye.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a new quarter pound cheeseburger meal at McDonald's like the puck Pack. Taco Bell fans in Minnesota can now check out the brand new kitchen X design in the Twin Cities u Southwest Metro. New Hope based Border Foods, one of the nation's largest Taco Bell franchisees, which I didn't know with a New Hope is behind the new Taco Bell and Carver Commons developed, but just off a highway two twelve in Carver. Kitchen X is what they're calling it.
Speaker 1: Have you seen these?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it the one same one that's in like champ Yeah, almost Champlain. What I don't know, what is it? Maybe maybe going off to six ten by the highve Uh.
Speaker 3: This one, by the way, is the first restaurant in Minnesota. The feature sleek technology forward Kitchen X layout. So it's a little different but looks the same bigger.
Speaker 13: I guess, well, it's less It seems like it's there's more indoor seating, right, and it's less dependent on the drive.
Speaker 4: Here's what it says.
Speaker 3: The design features twice as many windows. It offers customers. They look inside the kitchen, which is separated from the guest areas with a glass partition.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's you know, I'm not there going to a Taco zoo, right, I mean, I just want.
Speaker 2: My food, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, like like the Final Home from Lambeau. Oh, brilliant, the big house. Yeah, I don't know. Does that matter?
Speaker 2: Do you really want to see how Taco Bell is made?
Speaker 1: I just want.
Speaker 7: I mean again, I tacoed my life, but yeah, I just want my food quickly. I think the one in the one in Vegas they have you can watch your food be made. Oh yeah, yeah, that one's great because you can order on a screen and then you just put in funny names and then they say it over the loud speakers, such as like Sean one time, instead of an A for his name, he put a Q, so it was Sequin t.
Speaker 1: It was very funny. It was very funny. I don't know why it was real funny. We laughed a lot. Now we've been drinking since eight am, but it was still funny. We have no interest in what's going on with what other names?
Speaker 2: If you put on the tackle bell board at.
Speaker 1: Smini Um Dusty Man probably Drew p. Wiener that always could talk. Will you do that if anybody wants to?
Speaker 7: And if any of the roops are listening, they're like, I'm going to join you guys in November for your twenty fifth anniversary party in Vegas. If they see you anywhere near there, are you willing to walk up and do that bit with the listeners?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? What name will you put up there? Probably Dusty mon Okay, Hawks, Dandy and I are going there in two weeks?
Speaker 2: Is it just to get out of the fair. That's two weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I problems. We can't wait two weeks from man, people are starting to post photos of like the fries and the cheese curds.
Speaker 4: How can you still like it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? What days are we going?
Speaker 5: Do we know?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tuesday night and Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 1: Correct, Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 4: Okay, what time? Because I was under the.
Speaker 2: Thought it was noon to too, yes, but I don't know if appens come from that.
Speaker 3: That night and I was told by somebody who obviously was wrong.
Speaker 4: Thank gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's night so uh noon?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good, I get a gig that evening.
Speaker 1: I believe, if you're listening right now, power Trippers, I believe it's the night of September first and the early afternoon of September fifth.
Speaker 3: That's right, first and the fifth. Yeah cool, yeah, I'll be with you guys early on. Then I got to walk over to the uh what it's the stage something bizarre? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How bizarre?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We play it that gig open the at the fair? Yeah cool?
Speaker 4: Man to two different shows.
Speaker 1: Sweet Yeah, it'll be fun. Yeah, fun. Yeah, you're not performing this year me, Yeah no, but I'm excited. I like, uh, this will shock all of you. I like the food at the fair. That's a huge bitch. I didn't think about that. Yeah, think about it, like, uh, the deep fried pickles is a good point.
Speaker 2: They have a pretty good food at that fair.
Speaker 1: I would like to do choice.
Speaker 2: I would like to walk I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'd like to walk around with a uves my wool.
Speaker 4: What are those bullhorns?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like megaphones, megaphone and that sound effect.
Speaker 3: And every time he takes a bite, that's a huge bitch, Bud, just you walking inside and you're just you're trying to get away from me and you can't because every time you eat another piece of What if.
Speaker 1: We just said this button following saws around the fair? Sat Sam late that Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 3: What if every time he takes a bite somebody goes that's a huge bitch and he turns around says, hawk, please quit in that button and I'm not even there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's somebody else.
Speaker 7: That's why I need to win the power Ball tonight so I can pay like six little people to dresses zoom balloopas and follow you around the fair and sing songs after every time you eat. You're over indulging, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean sneak cat save saloom for late so fats, so Fats. I'm not that found now I know you're not. No, this was a bit. I still want to pay people to follow you around and taunt you.
Speaker 1: I have a half a billion dollars by tomorrow. I'm going to do that at the State Fair.
Speaker 2: Just just be be warned.
Speaker 7: You know, like I've said forever, that Bonus convinced me to change my mind, and now I would remain anonymous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you have a group of broom oolomopas follow when you are on the State Fair and singing clearly pre practice choreograph songs.
Speaker 1: And dances, just know I'm insanely rich.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well, see that'd be great?
Speaker 1: Would it be great?
Speaker 7: I mean, because I'm going to pay them to follow you from start to finish, from the parking lot to the parking lot.
Speaker 5: When you can't say York crank, I can see it now, Oh we're bragging. What do you do when you can't see your crank?
Speaker 2: But in the next line, B you're a good Yeah, you like rhyming when you improv what the next line b.
Speaker 1: The next line would be, look for a tremendously no, look for a tremendous skank that rhymes with crank, skank crank. You said, I can't rhyme to my attorney, your turn. I think it's mine.
Speaker 7: A couple of days ago, we talked about the shortstop for the quote, Vegas A's Jacob Wilson and his record streak of errorless baseball games unbelievable. Yesterday, it briefly came to an end because he had an air and throw, but the error call was overturned and changed to a fielder's choice, So it's it continues one hundred and thirteen straight games. Previous all time record at shortstop was one to ten. He's extended his own streak to one thirteen. The last time he had an error July sixth of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 1: Is anybody complaining that that wasn't legit?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not in the story that I read. But I only read one story, so nope, I think it's legit.
Speaker 1: I think we're good. One thirteen Pretty cool? Yeah, man, I don't know if I really care, but I am going to follow it?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: It's like whoever, I don't remember who said it a day or two ago.
Speaker 2: It's like whenever a baseball record is broken, it's kind of insane because they've been playing baseball forever and this is the longest streak in the history of shortstops.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, right, Parker Fox gets it? He passed away.
Speaker 2: Are you impressed Parker by errorless baseball?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, see he likes it. Oh. What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 3: It was on this date, ladies and gentlemen, in the year nineteen sixty four. Today, by the way, August twelfth, that British author and journalist Ian Fleming, guy, do you know who are what?
Speaker 1: Ian Fleming wrote?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, what about you?
Speaker 4: Suscy?
Speaker 1: Yeah what?
Speaker 2: James bondaild it? Good job, the.
Speaker 4: World's most famous fictional spy. Now listen. Ian Fleming fascinating life.
Speaker 3: First of all, I only live to be fifty six out of a heart attack on this date at fifty six. Of course, his series of novels about the Debonair agent Double O seven was based in part on his own real life experiences. Ian Lancaster Filming was born into a well to do family in London in nineteen oh eight. As an adult, he worked as a foreign correspondent, a stockbroker, and a personal assistant to Britain's Director of Naval Intelligence during World War Two, experiences that would all provide fodder for the Bond novels. The first book was Casino Casino Royale, which was nineteen fifty three in all filming. Wrote twelve novels and two short story collections about Double O seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, interesting life, if you know anything about that.
Speaker 2: I probably should have been more into the Bond movies than I have been, because I've only seen like two or three of them.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 7: I played the hell out of gold That Eye, but our whole generation did. Oh yeah, but I've seen Casino Royale. I think I think I saw Quantum of Sauce, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. And I'm pretty sure I saw a skyfall and that might be it. Because I never saw Golden Eye. I didn't see any of.
Speaker 2: The Pierce Brazen ones. I've never seen any of the Sean Connery ones.
Speaker 1: You never saw anyone shunk, No, No, I don't know. Maybe I should have been more into those.
Speaker 2: I've seen all the Bourne movies, the Jason Bourne movies, kick ass.
Speaker 4: I mean that is just a he's a badasser, yeah, James.
Speaker 1: Correct, yep, Yeah, I don't know, man, I do like the the The poker scene in Casino Royale is ridiculous, super ridiculous, ridiculous, But who cares old We think they would nail that.
Speaker 4: But whereever Oldie and Fleming was a pipe player.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right? Really? The world is not enough, sir Ian Fleming? There you go. Have you guys seen most or all of the Bond movies?
Speaker 4: Some of them?
Speaker 2: Most of them? Say most? Yeah, Parker a most most?
Speaker 1: Really? No kidding? Watch them? Yeah they're good? Oh hell yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: A trual question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's the opening song for the new Bond film.
Speaker 2: How many Bond movies has Daniel Craig done?
Speaker 1: And can you name all of them? Casino Royale, The Solace one four incorrect? Anybody else know? Can you name all of the Daniel Craig Bond sky Fall.
Speaker 2: One quantum of solid sky Fall, No Time to Die and you're missing one? There's five total? Twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: The Curse of Dusty Mister Ma's one word and it starts with an s oh, I have no idea. And it's not that Specter is Inspector.
Speaker 13: The Hawk.
Speaker 2: It's not sucky sucky that's two words.
Speaker 4: No, it's one.
Speaker 9: Okay, dated at least that's the one that was Christoph Waltz, right or Christoph Spector.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't see it, not sure, but I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking right it is. I just said I think I've seen all of them. I don't think I ever saw that one.
Speaker 1: That one's really good. Weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got a new quarterback.
Speaker 3: We got Ben Leeber, we got Dave Schwartz, we got Parker Fox, we got to cast the thousands.
Speaker 1: Man that's going on Corey Power Troop Morning Your returns after it is on the fan
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred, ask Gary Traffic Center this report