Speaker 1: Oh it's chilly out there today. Happy Monday, baby, it's a day Ryde in the Morning show. I just looked at the temperature for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: High of forty five, lord five.
Speaker 1: I'm like at the type of person as a meteorologist that's always checking her doppler.
Speaker 3: I do know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I just checked my doppler this morning because I haven't in a hot minute, and not realizing how cold I was about to turn.
Speaker 4: But I'm supposed to be like sixty again this weekend, so whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Happy Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: I started off my day.
Speaker 1: With the gen z Glare or stair. Yeah, stair where it's six o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I ran to get myself a little coffee this morning because the girl's tired. And I walked in and normally I order a head wasn't working on the app this morning, and I walk in. Both BURI says just stare at me, when I was like, gosh, and I didn't know which register to go to because one's stirring up some cold brew in front of one of them, so I assume I go to her. She doesn't acknowledge me. The other guy comes and he's like, I go to his register and I felt like I was inconveniencing the hella of them this morning?
Speaker 2: Can I ask what?
Speaker 5: Because I'm I guess the older part of gen Z, but gen Z goes down to like, what fifteen years old?
Speaker 2: How old did they look?
Speaker 1: They were probably one of them probably was like thirty, but the other one was probably like mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Somebody he's pushing millennial.
Speaker 4: Now, that's probably millennial. And he was nicer.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, let's see that makes sense.
Speaker 1: He was just doing something, but the other one just looked at me, and I was like, wow, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: That what you want?
Speaker 5: If you've ever heard of the gen z stare, I mean, Genny explained it, but you've definitely experienced it before. It's just at like a like a hotel, at like the counter or at a cashier register or whatever, and they just kind of stare at you and expect you to speak first, when it's like.
Speaker 2: That's not how it works. You work here.
Speaker 3: I think it needs to be expanded because I don't necessarily experience the gen Z gen z stare. I experienced the gen Z ambivalence where it's not like a Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: How can I help you today? It's just like, Hi, I've seen both and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh can I I would like a cough please?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's exactly what happened anything, And I'm sure because Jenny worked in you know, retail for so long and so did I. My first instinct when I go to places like that is for me to say, how you doing. That shouldn't be the case, though, it should be you should greet me.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 1: There was part of me that started to feel like a boomer as I was driving away from the coffee shop, because I was like, can I email this coffee corporation and be like I don't really like these workers? And then I was like no, because they probably are just trying to find people that show up for work at this point.
Speaker 4: So a regular places.
Speaker 5: Places are quick if you do that to be like, we'll start for the inconvenience.
Speaker 2: He's a gift cards. You know, you want to be a little caring every now and then I endorse it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if I got to be a Karen, get some free coffee, you know?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, every Monday we talk about our weekends and we also have five pictures up on our blog on Dave Brynshow dot com and we always pick our favorite one.
Speaker 4: So I'll have Bonk go first.
Speaker 1: Save it's my favorite photo.
Speaker 2: That later the most bizarre weekend of my life. The biggest thing.
Speaker 5: I am so proud of my girlfriend Alyssa, who took home her first freaking Emmy award. And if you don't know what the Emmys are, they're big awards for TV. She works at Carolevin. She's a broadcast director, so she's the one behind the scenes saying take one, cut ready, faith to black all that. Earlier this year when the Brooklyn Park plane crash happened, she was literally on her way out the door and that happened, so she ended up having to stick around to do a two hour live broadcast like breaking news. It wanted Emmy, so shout out to Alyssa and Morgan Wolf and all the people. So my favorite picture is her holding that beautiful, beautiful trophy in front of the stepping and repeat in the red carpet that one isn't hers. We have to order hers. That one was like a prop one. We have a bookshelf. Though in the corner of our little one, She's like, no, you don't have to orders. Yes the hell we are girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to order one. Absolutely. So they allowed you into this fancy event. They were like, you can come in. Did you get dressed up?
Speaker 2: Well? I did get dressed up ahead on a suit.
Speaker 5: They thought that I was a waiter, and so they tried to handle one of the trees with drinks and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, that's not my job.
Speaker 4: Can I have a martini here?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 3: Jenny?
Speaker 2: Favorite say?
Speaker 1: My favorite is I went into an apple orchard because I was like, it was the most perfect fall weekend ever. But my favorite part was the fact that we got a bunch of free wine because the credit card machine wasn't working and the line was already taking forever.
Speaker 4: So they're like, just step aside and we'll figure this out.
Speaker 1: We were waiting there for like five minutes and finally they're like you can just go.
Speaker 4: I'm like okay, cool.
Speaker 1: And then like thirty minutes later, they were kind of closing up shop and they're like, well, these bottles are open and we're just gonna toss home, so do you guys want them? So then we got all the leftover wine on top of it. So mine mine is probably the bottles of wine and cups on a table at the apple orchard, because it was a good story to go with it.
Speaker 3: Bailey, what about you, Well, I had an honestly really great weekend for me in general. I was bopping around seeing a lot of theater. I was in Manturville briefly, which is a great historic town. But I have to say that my favorite was this Friday.
Speaker 2: I did my.
Speaker 3: Big annual, fifth annual Mega Walk. I walked twenty one miles. I got a mega walk. No, it's a mega walk, thank you very much. I walked twenty one miles to a brewery and shakapee, and I raised money for local theaters that matter to me. I raised sixteen hundred dollars, which is really exciting.
Speaker 2: Thank you to anyone who donated. If you still want to, you can.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I walked two extra miles that I anticipated, and the data is know exactly how I wanted it to go for the most part. But overall, it is still the best day of the year, and it was great and my feet are only slightly barking.
Speaker 2: So that's up.
Speaker 4: So we'll come up late this morning. We will have more keywords for you. To get you in to see Sabrina Carpenter in La.
Speaker 1: Whole trip comes along with that, and then, of course Boo Bash tickets. I was hanging out at Mystic Lake yesterday for a Vikings watch party and everyone want of those Boo Bash tickets. Did I give out a few extras? Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I made that decision, so we'll have those all mornings and keep on listening. If you want to start fixting in right now for a single loong song, we'll play that a little bit later, But feel free to text us in and let us know what you want to hear for the sing along song this morning.
Speaker 4: On Katie w B Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know it's early, and it's Monday, and it's dark and it's supposed to be a high of forty five tomorrow. No, but guess what, in a week and a half, we're doing Boo Bash and I want to get you in. If you're listening already this morning, we're gonna fill it up. As long as the phones are ringing. The first like five people that get through, they get tickets today.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's that.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at you? I could have done?
Speaker 1: I could have done what Dave does sometimes where he's like until they stop bringing, just keep calling, and.
Speaker 2: Then it's funny because the whole morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people are like because he looks at me, like you ready to talk, and I'm like, no, I'm still grabbing the phone.
Speaker 1: He does, He'll look at like first turn to talk and it's your turnout.
Speaker 4: But yeah, let's get the first five calls in six five, one nine eight nine Katie w B.
Speaker 1: Boo Bash is happening at Mystic Lake at the Hop House. I just hosted a Viking's watch party there yesterday. That place is done it. Yeah, Oh my gosh, it's so nice. It's newer, it's very spacious, gorgeous spot.
Speaker 4: The TV is.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, if you ever want to watch a football game on the biggest screens of your life, no place to watch it.
Speaker 2: Nice bar, nice stage.
Speaker 1: Lots of bar, lots of food, lots of drinks. I got myself in that big Burger. But yeah, let's get you into Boo Bash six one, nine eight nine KATWB. And then also we need a single long song, so Texas in and we will pick one to play coming up next.
Speaker 2: One on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 1: We got to give Baally big congratulations. She did her Big Mego walk on Friday, so she was.
Speaker 5: Out and asked a question, Yeah, did your sister end up picking you up on time? No?
Speaker 2: She did not.
Speaker 4: No, it's fine. Could you read our lips in here? Could you tell what we were talking about talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, I texted because on Friday or you said that your sister was supposed to pick you up at the end of the walk, but you said you weren't relyant on her, and Dave and I laughed because it tells it seems like the more stories you tell about your sister, Madison, uh, she it just doesn't seem like it works out.
Speaker 3: Well. No, I love my sister, but you only hear about her when I'm complaining, right.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to know if she ended up picking you up from your wall.
Speaker 5: No, and yeah, you texted me over the weekend and said, psych Yeah, no she did not.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I walked twenty one miles on Friday, which was really fun.
Speaker 2: It is my favorite day of the year.
Speaker 3: I like going on long, long walks and I raised money for local theaters if you missed out on that. But I was probably about two and a half miles from my destination Dail and ready to go bail and on my way, walking right past Valley Fair, about to turn the corner towards Canterbury Park and texted my sister and I was like, Hey, I'm making really good time. See you at five point fifteen and she's like, can you get your friend to come and get go? And I said no. I called Katie Capp. I's like, what are you doing. She's like, I'm at the Gopher game and I was like okay. So I touched my sister back. I was like, hey, I'm relying on you to come and get me. And she's like, I'm sick. I got three vaccines yesterday.
Speaker 2: And I was like didn't. Okay, why did you do that then?
Speaker 3: And so then she kind of ghosted after that, and so I texted my dad. I was like, I need you to come and get me or I need to uber home, and he's like, I am on my way. And then I walked into the place that I had walked to, which was Badger Hill Brewing in shockape walked in my Dad's already standing there. I almost cried because this is the first time in five years that my ride has actually been on time and actually there before me.
Speaker 1: Shout out to your dad, shout out, all right, well, congratulations really on doing that. It's appy fantastic. You always do that every year and you always raise a lot of money, so that's super cool. And shouted to everyone who donated.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for donating, folks, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna get into the sing a long song. Lots of recommendations this morning, but we decided to go with the one and only Hurryana Little Rude Boy on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: One on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna talk about toilet paper today, and you can't make this stuff up because Sharmon is bringing back what they call forever rules, so let me tell you about them. Apparently, six years ago, Sharman debuted hilariously large rolls of toilet paper, calling them forever rolls. A regular roll of Sharman has up to seventy seven sheets, but these have seventeen hundred, so they're like twenty two rolls in one. Now, obviously, they're way too big to fit on a normal dispenser, so you need a special holder, which takes up the bathroom real estate, which like, my bathroom is tiny, don have real estate for a toilet holder, so it's like they say, it's like you're sitting on the toilet next to a printing press. Anyways, those Forever Rolls were kind of a novelty subscription thing that came and went, but now they're back and are rolling out everywhere. The Forever Rolls are now available nationwide online and in stores including Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Each roll is supposed to last two people up to a month, and you can get a three pack for around thirty to thirty five dollars.
Speaker 4: That seems quite obnoxious.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna stick with the regular roles because I'm not trying to buy a separate folder just to have a forever role.
Speaker 3: I do love though, that it seems like a lot of marketing these days is definitely like the meme ification of their product, Like, how could I turn my product into a meme so that people buy it because of the comedy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at the website right now. It looks like when you go into a public restroom and they have those ginormous roles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then those ginormous roles are usually behind the little toilet paper cage. Yes, and this one is out in the open. So I mean, I guess maybe. I don't know if you save a little bit of money by getting in the bigger roles like costco situation or something.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is Dave's birthday this week?
Speaker 4: What if we got him forever roles? Were you here when this?
Speaker 1: Were you here when somebody dropped off a present for him?
Speaker 4: No? No, you were What did he get? He?
Speaker 1: He's been telling us he wants the new Linel Ritchie book.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'd gotten that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dash darn it.
Speaker 2: We were gonna get him there, I know.
Speaker 1: So he walks in and shout out because it's it's our friend Tony from Northey's.
Speaker 4: We're not actually mad at you, Tony.
Speaker 1: But he drops it off for Dave and Dave Box and he's like, Jenny, you're gonna be pissed.
Speaker 2: I was like what.
Speaker 4: He's like, well, weren't you guys gonna get me this book?
Speaker 1: And I was like, god darn it. I was like, I have another idea. I think really you said you had an idea?
Speaker 2: I have something else?
Speaker 5: And then I well, originally months ago, Dave said so he called himself petty and I called him petty LaBelle is what I said, instead of Patti LaBelle. And I said, I'm gonna get you a cup of shirt something that says that right behind you, Jenny, I didn't even know if somebody sent him this. It's a thermist that says petty LaBelle. So we can't talk about our ideas that we're gonna share. We're not mad at you, but stop taking our ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, because leaves us what nothing has everything. Okay, it's really hard to find something for.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of I have a list of things to get for Dave. We can choose from some of.
Speaker 6: The stuff, Okay, got It is funny because if I if I didn't point out to Dave the same conversation I'm having with you because I said it to and I stole that thermis repackage that he probably wouldn't even know that he has.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Wow. It's so though, Forget forgets with all the cluster of junk he's got in the studio what he actually and it's not junk?
Speaker 4: Whoever got him that it's not junk? I'm not saying that, but I'm the same.
Speaker 2: In addition to the cluster of junk at his house.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, well we're gonna get into you can't make this stuff up. Coming up next, Emma Stone has a big movie screening tonight and she was she's requiring everyone to do this.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you, I even if I really wanted to see.
Speaker 1: This movie, I would not be at this movie screening because I would not do this at the movie screen in order to see the movie.
Speaker 4: So we'll tell you what's coming up next.
Speaker 1: On Dave's Start for it happened to Ashley Parker Angel It's Dave's Dirt on kt WB, So this is very interesting. Emma Stone is starting in a new movie called Begonia, and she is requiring everyone that's coming to the screening of it tonight that's free to shave their heads.
Speaker 2: Oh nah, every person.
Speaker 1: It says, barbaras are going to be outside the La Theater, which released a statement and said this is real and yes, part of it will be filmed. So basically, it's like an independent artsy movie.
Speaker 4: And she's a CEO.
Speaker 1: She's kidnapped and accused of being an extra terrestrial alien and her captors shave her head, and so she admitted she did burst into tears ahead of filming the scene, but said that the experience was no better feeling in the world. So this movie comes out next weekend. It goes nationwide on Halloween.
Speaker 3: So the only reason anyone's going to do it is for like social media clout so that they can get videos.
Speaker 4: Do you kick a post about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Bailly and I did discuss that we do daydream about shaving our head sometimes because like just the thought of not having to take care of our hair would be like night be cool.
Speaker 3: It would be like, definitely what she said, it would be liberating. But both of us also agreed that we are not good looking enough to shave our head.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I told Bailey that my hair is ninety percent.
Speaker 4: Of my person. I could never Yes, yeah, and I face for being bald.
Speaker 5: This is probably the longest my hair has been, at least since high school. And I was just thinking about doing it the other day and trying to just make the curls better. But I think sometimes there are people that wake up and just they don't have to worry about a damn thing.
Speaker 2: They just go about their day.
Speaker 1: Ben Leebert that works down at Cafan, But I saw his face on Football TV yesterday all day because he does some commercials and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like look at that bald head.
Speaker 3: See that man's got a face for bald head, because he's beautiful enough to be bald. My friend Sarah shaved her head like I don't know, five or six years ago. She looked great because she's just naturally gorgeous, uh huh, And so everyone was like, gosh, you really do have a face for being bald. She also has a face for long hair and short hair and all hair whatsoever, because she's gorgeous. You have to be gorgeous to have bald head. So Emma Stone is beautiful enough to shave her head exactly. I'll be interested to see what comes up that same Jenny, you and I have a date for Halloween weekend. We're gonna go see k PO Demon Hunters because it's returning to movie theaters Halloween weekend. So it had a really good, like one weekend only in the theaters a couple weeks ago, maybe like a month ago, and I went to go see it with my sister, and they're doing the screenings again because it did so well the last time. And because it's Halloween weekend, it's they're also allowing kids to where they are Halloween costumes to the theaters as well, and both Rooney Rooney and Ginu are the most popular Halloween costumes planned for this season.
Speaker 4: So we're going to exciting.
Speaker 2: I love it with ladies.
Speaker 5: Hold on to your men because there's a rumor that are Ina Grande and her boyfriend are in a difficult phase of their relationship.
Speaker 4: Wait, the guy from Wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and SpongeBob. His name is Ethan Slater.
Speaker 5: He was Ben done well see, and I'm saying hold on to your men because both of them, if you don't know, before they started inting each other, they were both married, divorced their partners for each other, and now seems like things are not on.
Speaker 2: The up and up.
Speaker 5: New father too yeah like not even a year old and they moved to the States for him and everything. But apparently Ethan Slater's struggling with the fast pace of acting and has been making amends with his ex wife, So that means that we're on to ground his back on the prow.
Speaker 1: Dang look at her, Yeah, we'll see, maybe she'll get married again real quick or at least engaged. All right, that's going to do it for Dave's Dirt. It's brought to you by six one two injured him, her and Lammer's Injury Law.
Speaker 4: And it's Monday morning. It's so dark out.
Speaker 1: This is our favorite time of the year working in morning radio where it doesn't get light out until eight am.
Speaker 4: But what we do have to hype you up is the dance party.
Speaker 1: So let's get into that hopefully start your Monday and week off right. You never more than thirty minutes away from winning Sabrina Carpenter ticket, So just stick around because your next keywords coming up right after seven.
Speaker 4: O'clock, we'll get you that.
Speaker 1: Get you in to see her at in La a whole trip actually not just a concert, it's like a whole trip to La And then also we're gonna play thing fast. But before we get into all that, we kind of talked to Vaunt about a little accident he got in this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll get into that coming up next