Speaker 1: And Louisville.
Speaker 2: They've met on the basketball court the hardwood one hundred times. Well, buckle up for number one oh one. One week from tonight they square off of the Hoops Classic at Heritage Banks Center. Six point thirty tip BDG Sports put it all together, that's what they do premier matchups. Let's find out more and welcome at our guy from bd BDG Sports. That would be Brooks, Downing Brooks. How are we doing doing great, Lance, how are you doing? I'm fantastic, man, oh man. I mean these teams they've matched up and squared off over the years in the Missouri Valley and the Metro and Conference USA and the Big East and the American Man, how exciting it must have been to get these two back together this.
Speaker 3: Time, Like, like, why were we been having to do this? Right? I mean, that's play one hundred times? Why would they stop? So this was really a no brainer and a tip of the hats of the coaches. West has been up for anything, and that's awesome if he rebuilds that aircat program, and then Pat Kelsey, you know, hey, this is a coming home party for him. So this was about the easiest thing we had to convince him of ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that's a great point because in this day and age, you got it. You can have the idea, but you got to have coaches who are interested in willing. And I've heard Pat talk to me. Pat grew up going to then Riverfront Coliseum. He knows that place like the back of his hand.
Speaker 3: Oh. Absolutely, I mean, you're right. It's so hard to schedule these days, and there's so many different factors and the conferences and the transitions and then the net rankings, and you're looking at all this data and trying to figure out. But at some point you go, hey, it's Louisville and Cincinnati, you're an hour apart. You don't have to charter a plane. You know, this is easy to do, and you make it a two year deal and next thing you know, it all falls into place. But it is a hassle. Our group we schedule probably someone in the neighborhood of seventy five to one hundred and twenty five games a year, all in November December, and this was one of the easier ones we had, and we're able to get done this past year. Myself, Glynn Fisters, some of our friends there in Cincinnati all pitching in and jumping in because it's a natural rivalry that needs to stay relevant and needs to stay current. And I'm so excited about next Friday Night because not only are they probably both going to be ranked now both undefeated, Louisville's gonna be top ten, and then you've got just that Friday night excitement that goes into the weekend right before the holiday. This thing's gonna pack out. I can't wait to see here at His Bank Center.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's what I really love. You know, there's a lot going on this time of year, holidays are coming up, but you can't beat an attention grabbing matchup in November that's gonna feel like a March match up.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, because a lot of times it's one thing to go out. And I applaud Cincinnati for keeping the Dayton Series going that we got those two teams together a couple of years ago right there at HBC if you remember, yep, and they kept it going. Obviously they played just the other day. But it's to have an environment that's a neutral site that's going to have a pretty split crowd because Louisville's you know, their fan base is rejuvenated now with Pat Kelsey, they're coming up. Cincinnati is going to show up because you also have two marquee players in this deal that everybody wants to watch. This mckel brown junior that went for twenty nine against Kentucky the other night in that big win, and then obviously Sean Baiev for Cincinnati the other five star. I mean, these are two pros that you're going to be entertained by two top ranked teams, coaches that you know, like, what's not to like about this?
Speaker 1: And Brooks? This is a two year series, correct?
Speaker 3: Correct? It goes back to Louisville next year. The plan is to play it at Freedom Hall, where the Cards used to play before they open the Young Center. Be the first time back in that historic building. And of course Cincinnati fans know that well because in all those one hundred games they played at a ton of them there at Freedom Haul.
Speaker 2: For those listening who want tickets, want to be there one week from tonight for the hoops class and get Heritage Bank Center six thirty tip. How do they go about getting tickets?
Speaker 3: Log on? Simple to do either Heritage Bankcenter dot com or even easier Ticketmaster dot com and you can take out your seats. We still have plenty of good seats. What happens this time of year, Lance, is people a little bit slow to transition to basketball, and then all of a sudden you have a big game that pops up and ticket sales late will come in hard and strong. But there's a lot of really good seats left right now. If you go on again, ticketmaster dot com games at six thirty pm next Friday night, November twenty first, at the Heritage Bank Center.
Speaker 2: Oh I love the six thirty start time. You can hang out downtown at the banks, you can go to the game. After the game, you get the rest of the evening and hang out at the Banks and have fun. A full night of basketball and find you can't beat.
Speaker 3: That checks every Lance Council box.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Hey, Brooke City is great.
Speaker 2: Here in your voice, congrats on all the success and reeling in this big one to present to the city on a week from tonight.
Speaker 1: We're fired up about it. In great catching up with.
Speaker 3: You, well, thanks for having me on. I'll hope see you down.
Speaker 2: There all right, take care, all right, there you go, Brooks Downing b d G Sports one week from tonight Hoops Classic Classic Heritage Bank Center, six thirty tip between now and then, Let's see Louisville number twelve in the country right now is home to Ohio tomorrow and West and the Bearcats are home on Sunday against Mount Saint Mary's. That is a six o'clock tip if I remember correctly, all right, week from tonight, number one one, and think of that Missouri Valley Metro Conference, USA Big East, the American I mean, heck is a kid. I was there at Heritage Bank Center then the Riverfront Coliseum watching Pat Cummings and the Bearcats, and and you see in Louisville back at that time, and they're getting together again. One week from tonight, we'll get together with Scott Springer. Let's talk a little UC basketball and football. He's also checking in from a high school game he's covering, and I'll ask him for a preview of that as we continue. It's our Neil Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: You spend hours raking the leaves from your yard, only to have to rake them again and again and again. If only all the leaves could fall at once, well, now they can call tree shakers.
Speaker 1: Shake you shaking there, NC, you mean.
Speaker 4: Our specialized staff of x NFL linemen, SUMA wrestlers, and women's shot putters can shake your trees bear in minutes, freeing up your fall. You shaking tree shakers, Toss the rake and give it a sham.
Speaker 2: Tree Shakers a sponsor of the seven hundred WLW talkback button on the iHeartRadio app. You taking down?
Speaker 3: NC?
Speaker 4: You mean?
Speaker 3: The red Tax Sales event is here at my Caste Chevrolet