Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, Welcome to the part of Morning show. We appreciate your tuning at it. Ben Laber's over there, mister Mike Musmlin's over there as well.
Speaker 2: There he is.
Speaker 1: Maxo's here, Hi, cast O. Thousands in the studio, doing our best. Here we are. Well, look at you, all cleaned up, mister Muslins.
Speaker 3: Cleaned up?
Speaker 4: You haven't shaved since the bi centennial. What's the deal?
Speaker 5: No, well, yeah, I did have a little bit of that grizzly look.
Speaker 4: What was the point of that? I don't know the gal like it or not? Did she notice?
Speaker 5: No, that's the sad part. I kind of like the better when you were all scruffy. Oh well, I appreciate that, man, but no one, I'm an adult.
Speaker 1: Bring it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now you look like you're gonna do my taxes?
Speaker 2: Right? You know, somebody would you responsible?
Speaker 6: You always, like anybody here, put a lot more time and effort and care into your look a Carol wise but still not paying off?
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 6: If you had not good at it, you always coordinated, You.
Speaker 4: Got no style, but you try, you're trying.
Speaker 3: You always smell good.
Speaker 5: You like okay, you do. Let's let's sit down.
Speaker 3: Effort. You always come in smelling like fresh cologne.
Speaker 4: So okay close. You've mentioned this.
Speaker 5: You mentioned this a couple of times, and I started thinking to myself, is he ripping me because you're so damn charismatic. I'm like, I think he means it.
Speaker 4: You don't want to go kiss ass out in the hallway. I mean you must just make out with him.
Speaker 5: That It was just like, okay, maybe he's like, give me a hint, like maybe back off of the.
Speaker 6: Not at all, like you sit down, like you sit down like this is a real professional job.
Speaker 2: That's hard to do.
Speaker 1: That you just nailed.
Speaker 2: That is the difference.
Speaker 3: I'm feinting at all.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what, I.
Speaker 2: Have a supposition. And again that's my favorite word.
Speaker 1: Now I believe my body consumes cologne because I just douse myself in it and I still smell like me, he thinks, So dude, I kid you not. I put on everything. I am just lathering myself and stuff, and by the time I get here, I don't smell like anything but me. Oh man, I tell you you'd be surprised.
Speaker 4: What are you wearing.
Speaker 5: You get one for the chest, you get one for the wrists, and then you get one.
Speaker 2: For the ladies.
Speaker 4: What are you going on a first date for the ladies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that means show me on the camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know that's where you spray it in the air and then you walk into it.
Speaker 2: My god, yeah hips first, huh, Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.
Speaker 7: LUs Maybe think about what the average cost of a cologne spray is, right, how many bottles over the years you've wasted with that spray?
Speaker 5: No that it's a finishing move for getting ready. You gotta do that.
Speaker 7: But I'm saying for the ladies, you've wasted gallons. Yeah, fireing one off there for the ladies, right, last one for so much?
Speaker 5: Car?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 5: Remember that back in high school?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the mother of dragons asking for fire.
Speaker 2: Yea, I wear a savage yeah not bad? Or or blue?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Also good, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's what I wear and you can't tell it all.
Speaker 6: So you tell me that if you use muscles technique, you'd be putting blue on your.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I don't think my hips work like that. He just walked with his penis leading. Yeah, pep, it's astead of his tail.
Speaker 4: He was like an ego. Montoya asked his dad to guide my sword, to guide my sword. It's good everything.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna literally drown myself tomorrow with that stuff. And you guys tell me if you notice it at all, I'm gonna make you're gonna forget good luck moment. I want you to tell me if you notice it, Okay, all right, because I am just I mean, Tommy told me so.
Speaker 5: I bought it, and it was like I might as well be pouring water on myself. I'm a big John Varvoltos.
Speaker 2: Wow, grease, that's that's the colone. That and I also.
Speaker 4: And you moisturize.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the good stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't stand moisturizer.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Is it because of the saw some blue? You know?
Speaker 2: Maybe it is?
Speaker 4: Plus I just feel greasy. I'm with Chris. I don't like that either.
Speaker 2: Plus when I get the bottle, I get into rest.
Speaker 4: God, you know what, it's like a dog situation.
Speaker 1: Tell my little guy not now.
Speaker 5: Man comes out one pump on the plunger. All of a sudden, here we go, pump on the plunger. Oh, I see what you're saying. What has happened?
Speaker 4: Wow? For that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, they're right. So they go football football, football, football, Am.
Speaker 4: I right, Yeah, you're right man, Yeah, you're saying.
Speaker 2: That, right.
Speaker 6: Hey, can I can I interject real quick and and say that I I heard you guys talk about Mike McCarthy to the Steelers. Yes, I actually don't think it's bet of a higher. It's not the same. The thing is, like I get it. It's not a sexy higher, not at all. But you look at what he did in Dallas. Didn't you win like twelve games three years in a.
Speaker 3: Row something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he took he took over maybe the hardest franchise in America to be successful and given the ownership.
Speaker 5: And that was after he deconstructed his whole theory and what he wanted to do with his offense.
Speaker 6: So he took like what people thought was an archaic offense, he modernized it in a sense. I don't know exactly exits and nose like what he did, but like, he took a really really hard franchise that needed a head coach. So obviously they weren't playing very well. He had three twelve win seasons and deal Jerry Jones. He showed that he can be a modern offense. I think his offense was like a top five or top ten offense. He modernized it, it made sense, he won games, and he was seemed like a hell of a CEO. So it's like, I don't know, maybe if he can provide stability and modernize that offense and bring all that to that franchise in Pittsburgh, I don't know why he couldn't be successful.
Speaker 3: He's just got to find a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this one for a second, Benjamin.
Speaker 7: On Friday, Philip Rivers interviewed for the Bill's head coaching job. Your guy, Philip, what? Oh yeah, he did played for the Colts last year. Of course, he is a high school head coach in Alabama and his off time never coached.
Speaker 4: And no, no, how about this, ben If.
Speaker 7: If Philip Rivers gets the job or gets a job, only one player in NFL history has played one season and then was head coach in the next season.
Speaker 4: Anybody know who it is?
Speaker 3: It's not Saturday, Jeff Saturday.
Speaker 4: Jeff Saturday, No, because that was that was Saturday.
Speaker 3: Was he was retired for a while.
Speaker 4: Retired?
Speaker 2: You do my favorite? Ask the question one more time.
Speaker 7: Only one player in the NFL has ever played one season and then was the head coach the next season, not necessarily for the same team, just was a head coach in the NFL one year after playing. I'm like an old school players like Joe name it or something.
Speaker 4: It's it's a considerable amount of time ago.
Speaker 2: Was it forced?
Speaker 4: Greg what?
Speaker 2: Kerry Bradshaw, Dusty Man? Was it a tittle?
Speaker 4: Not that far back? Singletary a quarterback?
Speaker 3: Tony Dungee.
Speaker 1: No, we're not going to get it.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna get Sauce is getting closer.
Speaker 1: But Grant, uh so the dude, Paul Wigan.
Speaker 9: Um, Jerry Burns, Uh, go the other way, Dennis Green the other way?
Speaker 7: Uh Less, Steppyl keep going back, Mike Tice, you're going the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Go historically the other way, Bud Grant. Sorry, sorry, relax, taking your breath.
Speaker 7: In nineteen sixty for the Philadelphia Eagles, Norm Van Brocklin played and then the Minnesota Vikings debute in nineteen sixty one, and he was our head coach.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 7: Kidding, So he played the previous year with the Eagles. He went three and eleven the first year with the Vices. But our first ever coach was the only person to ever do that.
Speaker 3: That's a good poll.
Speaker 4: Blyn that was the next name. I was going to say right when you brought that up.
Speaker 10: Core Philip Rivers has withdrawn from the Bills coachings perfect time.
Speaker 4: So Norm van brockln will be the only one that's ever.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm gonna go with it. Two, I'm with drawing my name.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm not.
Speaker 4: I want to stay in that running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Why I don't believe in whatever's name Allen is Josh.
Speaker 3: You don't believe Josh Allen. Yeah, it's a good reason to pull your name out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would love to be the head coach on a five year deal. I would be dismissed, I believe, halfway through year one, but I would still have that guaranteed money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So since you're pulling out, I'm gonna leave mine in. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 3: Take me to the anchor bar.
Speaker 5: We'll have some wings, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: About that sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Niagara Falls. I would like to drive there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's actually kind of cool. Yeah, but it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's a one time thing. Although everybody tells me that it's a one time thing. If you see it from both sides, if you go to the Canadian side. Yeah, but it's a it's a multi destination, so to speak. If if you only see just the US side and then maybe the next time you do the Canadian side.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of a cool thing. I did not I've never done, like The Maid of.
Speaker 6: The Mystic, like the boat ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never put on the poncho.
Speaker 1: It's where Jim and Pam got married, that's right, And where Bruce Almighty lost his mind.
Speaker 4: Yes, you guys remember when what was it Superman one or two?
Speaker 7: Maybe too, where the kid fell off the rail at Niagara Falls. And look, I understand Superman can fly around the world, right.
Speaker 4: He can fly it outer space. He's very fast.
Speaker 7: But the kid starts falling and then Clark Kent runs away from the scene to go change into Superman.
Speaker 4: That kid would have hit the ground by then. He would have been at the bottom of the falls.
Speaker 3: You don't understand how fast Superman is.
Speaker 7: But you watch him running in real time human speed to go change the kids already never been.
Speaker 1: Is it must be a pure pleasure to watch movies.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying Superman make one mistake, surprise and a TV divorce. Best choice I've ever made.
Speaker 10: When we all went I saw Batman five minutes in. By your body language, I could tell you hated it.
Speaker 4: I did not care for that one.
Speaker 3: Five minutes in. I looked over.
Speaker 10: I'm like, oh god, he hate I knew after the movie when everybody's like, yeah, that was great, that was awesome, that was sweet, that was.
Speaker 5: Of course just yeah. I just love the fact that Krypton you're okay with. But this kid falling, Nope, no way.
Speaker 2: God, suspend disbelieving.
Speaker 4: It took him seven minutes to change.
Speaker 3: Should they show him changing?
Speaker 7: The kid doesn't fall it slow in slow motion, he falls at normal speed. That kid's toast. I'm actually, you know what sucks is I was in the minority. I didn't care for the latest Batman, just because again I got tired.
Speaker 4: Of him being told what is he doing here? He's a detective, he's trying to figure it out. Get him out of here. It's Batman, your dumb asses.
Speaker 9: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Drove me nuts.
Speaker 4: It drove me nuts.
Speaker 7: But but and I didn't love Paul Daniel's Riddler, and I do like Paul Danel, but I thought it was just okay.
Speaker 4: Point is you and Tarantino?
Speaker 7: But I like Paul danel uh, but even that Barry Kyogan's Joker cut scene looks so good.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna nail the next one.
Speaker 7: I just thought the first one was like a B minus the Penguin show was so good though Penguin See. I thought the Penguin was way better than the movie. I thought that series was really good. Did you watch it alone?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 4: Best choice ever made.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, man, I don't remember the name of the movie, but I only remember Barry Kyogan San. How about maybe maybe you think we could ever go have lunch together?
Speaker 7: That was the It's heartbreaking, but it's it's so well acted, which.
Speaker 2: She says no, and he goes yeah, I thought not. I thought that was probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: And there goes that dream. Oh my god. Who he's such a good actress.
Speaker 2: Like I was standing there with them, I can see it that moment.
Speaker 7: Man, it's the most realistic at his body language, the way he looks off under the lake, like that was the last reason to even try to live, like I guess that was it.
Speaker 4: It broken? Oh man, Oh my gosh, why do you write that? I don't know?
Speaker 1: And it doesn't work, it's not the right actor.
Speaker 2: It's just another scene.
Speaker 4: My god, looking off into the distance.
Speaker 2: I getting emotional remembory.
Speaker 4: That was a tough scene to watch. Great movie. Was it like three years ago?
Speaker 7: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, two or four.
Speaker 2: It's like the Red Shoes in Uh Jojo Rabbit. Yep, my god, yep.
Speaker 7: All right, it's also walking through sports after this. Ben Lever is here, Michael J. Musman, the third is here. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 1: All right, seven twenty seven. Here we are Partrip Morning Show. Mussman and Leapsman.
Speaker 3: M Leapsman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maximm sounds like a Roman.
Speaker 4: Leader, it does. Yeah, kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Hey man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did the Rams let Cooper Cup go because they thought he was through?
Speaker 3: I think so? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was money as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think they had cut a bunch of money and he was one of the I think it's took both well.
Speaker 4: That can't be right. The salary caps and Smith. You can sign whoever you want to whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was clutch last night.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 6: I tell you what that offense for Seattle. I mean it is.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 6: It is dynamic, and it is downfield and it is explosive and they showed it in the.
Speaker 4: First drive of the game. Yeah yeah, Smith and Jigbo.
Speaker 10: Man, how good is the Shaheed trade?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, incredible. Yeah, they've made all the right moves.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys remember when I went out to Vegas to broadcast out there and I stayed at CIRCA.
Speaker 2: Yeah you remember.
Speaker 1: I told you guys that they had a bunch of sports people out there, and one of them was a guy from Seattle and he had me on and he wanted to talk sports, and so I had to bs my entire way through it, and he kept asking me questions about basketball and baseball, and I was like, yeah, you got it, man, I know right, And I just agree with everything he said. Uh everything I said to him about Sam Darnold turned out to be right.
Speaker 2: And I was just flying with it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was like, I tell you guys, you got to go.
Speaker 1: If they put him in the offense and just let him do what he's good at, he's going to be great. I know he's going to email me the sports guy and say, dude, you nailed it.
Speaker 2: You were so right about it.
Speaker 7: Think about all of his listeners going got that guy from Minneapolis back and they nailed it was tuned in man and.
Speaker 4: All he was thinking about where the slots?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much long is it gonna take?
Speaker 5: I just love how I mean, I feel so good for the guy. He's a good guy and it's it's just so fun to watch. And I'm not one of those where, like you know, Vik's fans, some will be like, oh, why did we get rid of him? He's playing in the Super Bowl? Would he did three hundred and forty six yards and three touchdowns? Come on, why do we let him go? From what I understand, we tried to have him stay. They made him an offer, but he also knew that, Well they're gonna go with the JJ McCarthy thing, So why would I stick around?
Speaker 3: Right him?
Speaker 2: An offer he could refuse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, yep, Soul, you'd like to do sports three years.
Speaker 2: One hundred million dollars or something, right?
Speaker 3: Is that what he got? I think sothing like that? Yeah, yeah, yes, sir, I would love him.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by all Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor thank you all around be ye doing?
Speaker 10: Oh well, I can the Patriots in a Snowstorm beat the Broncos ten to seven to advance to the Super Bowl. The Pats will go to their twelve Super Bowl. The Patriots become the first team in the Super Bowl era to reach the Super Bowl after hiring a new head coach and only winning four games or fewer this season before. They will battle the Seahawks, who beat the Rams thirty one to twenty seven. Our guy Sam Darnold twenty five to thirty six, three and forty six yards and three touchdowns. Super Bowl sixty is thirteen days from today at five twenty.
Speaker 2: I think you're doing the pregame starting tomorrow, Mussey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yeah.
Speaker 10: Your Seahawks are four and a half point favorites and the over under right now is forty six and a half.
Speaker 5: Credit to CBS because it was so weird when they started to superimpose the numbers and the lines and the hashes and everything like that onto the field. Yeah, so you could see it on the coverage and it was like, this is really distracting. And they only did it for like, I want to say, a series, and then they took it off. Then they were only doing the line of scrimmage and then also just.
Speaker 6: The first down marker and yeah, yeah, but they did the entire field and that was just w Yeah, that was too much. Yeah, there was a there was a point in time where nance was psych I don't even know where the ball's at. I don't know what yard line that is. We're just gonna like go ahead and just see what happens. Yeah, I would take looking looking forward to the Super Bowl, I'm taking the Seahawks, don't. I don't even care if this If the the difference is ten, like, give me the Seahawks, and I think they'll cover the ten points, like I think it's gonna be. Unfortunately, it didn't matter which team made it out of the AFC. I just think that the AFC teams have a lot of major flaws, and I think the Patriots continually get exposed with their offensive line. I do not think that they have the offensive line to stay with the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl. They can't run the ball very effectively. They can't protect that's two games in a row now that they can't. They can't really protect Drake May. And if if Drake May is not a mobile quarterback, they lose that game.
Speaker 10: They only won because of his legs. Do you think Will Campbell the left is a liability.
Speaker 3: I think he's a liability.
Speaker 10: I mean I heard I think it was on TV or maybe in the car, that he in the playoffs has given up like ten pressures in like multiple sacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to be too judgmental on such a young player, but he's got a lot to figure out if he wants to be the franchise left tackle.
Speaker 4: Is it the short arms that everybody complained about.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of it.
Speaker 6: That was like, no, I mean you can you can tell when he's out there. Yeah, you can tell when he's out there. He's not real long armed. And it especially in the Houston game where both Anderson and Daniil have super long arms, Like it was a giant difference in the way.
Speaker 3: They trying to reach for his wallet kind of very similar. Here's Will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, punch him, but they leave him out on his own out there they don't even have.
Speaker 3: That's not necessarily the case.
Speaker 6: They they will put they will put tight ends over there, they will turn protections like it seems like they they understand there is a liability out there. And the thing is, I don't think that the right tackle is great either. That's why I always think that overall their offensive line, who's the right is going to be their failure.
Speaker 4: Golly parton, golly Parton, Indiana Jones, guy.
Speaker 3: With a huge set of rocks.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm not done. Oh, I have questions. But I went into my short arm bitting amount of breath like Kimber Boy.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, it'll come to you.
Speaker 2: Hmm, oh, well go ahead.
Speaker 10: We talked about it, but the Steelers are some kind of verbal agreement that Mike McCarthy will be their next head coach. Ben, you send, it's probably a decent higher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually think it's going to be a better higher than most people think.
Speaker 3: He's a He's a heck of a CEO.
Speaker 6: He's definitely proven it at to to franchise, you know, blue blood franchises in the NFL. He knows how to handle the pressure. I think the difference, I think the the interesting part of the hire is going to be who he hires for assistant coaches. Do those assistant coaches believe that he's going to be there for a long long time? Do they believe in what he trying to do? He's proven his modern offense at Dallas, so that's not a huge concern. The other part of it is, we all know that Pittsburgh is very loyal, so if he plays his cards right, he could be there for ten plus years, you know, retire as a Pittsburgh Steeler coach. So I don't think it's a crazy hire. I think it makes a lot of sense based on what they asked the head coach to do.
Speaker 1: Do you think it makes it any more likely that Aaron comes back?
Speaker 3: No? No, I don't know about you.
Speaker 6: Guys, Like I thought, Aaron played well at times, but you can't unless you have the right type of receivers that can If you had three Jackson Smith and Jigbas then it makes sense. But given what they had offensively, the ball came out like what under two seconds on average or something. It's like the fastest fastest snap to delivery in the whole season of any quarterback this year. So everything was short and everything was quick. If you don't have guys that can get separation and run after catch, you got nothing. You're gonna have to go on, you know, twelve fourteen play drives just to score, and I think you know, over the course of the season. I was very bored with their offense. I know everybody's like, well, Neil, look, he can still do it. I'm like, yeah, but at what level? Not a very high level, certainly not the four hundred, five hundred level that he's used to. It was like a two hundred level offense. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't think. I was not impressed.
Speaker 2: I remember what I was going to say, Can I go backwards?
Speaker 5: He was it about Dolly?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: It was no, it was about Sam dar.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 1: Looking at his career, we obviously know about fourteen three, last year, fourteen three. This year, his first year in New York Giants, he was four to nine, Jets him Jets, second year seven to six, third year two and ten, Calina four and seven, next year, Carolina four and two. Then he goes to San Francisco, plays in one game, goes on one. Then he comes here fourteen and three, thirty five touchdowns, twelve interceptions. Okay, if I were to sit down with Koc, just he and I talking to each other and say what did you do?
Speaker 2: What do you think he would say?
Speaker 1: Then, m Because there's a giant jump between the man we saw last night, the man we saw last year and the person he had been before that. What do you think he did? What did they change?
Speaker 2: It's a great question, you know, I wish I had the correct answer.
Speaker 6: I just I look at him the last couple of games in the last couple of years, and you see a quarterback that's not panicking.
Speaker 3: And I know that we can.
Speaker 6: Go back to the last two games that he played with us, and it seems like that's he was running for us.
Speaker 3: He was running for his life.
Speaker 6: Mean, you know, offensive line did not give him any favors, but I see a guy that was willing to stand in the pocket for for another you know, second to deliver the ball. And I think part of it is trusting his arm. You know, understand where where his talent lies. His talent lives in downfield passing. And if he could trust his offensive line and trust that that protection for just a half a beat, he can build confidence in being an explosive passer. And I think you know who who said it last night in the in the game was a Brady. You know, he's not a he's not a surgical quarterback. He's an explosive quarterback. And I think once once he understands that and believes that this is who I am, this is what There are some things I'm not great at, but there's other things I'm excellent at. And if I lean into the things I'm excellent at, I can be a really good quarterback. And I think taking care of the football and just trusting the fact that don't ask me to throw the football for five times a game. I'm not surgical like that. You give me a couple You could give me a couple of shots with the run game worked, the play action all hit a few deep balls on you. That's going to keep you so off balance and we're going to score points and it's not gonna matter at the end of the game if I if I throw twenty five times or I throw forty five times, I'm giving more productive throwing twenty five times.
Speaker 5: And as we know with Kaos, he loves that vertical game, loves it, and so it just fits so well for what exactly Kaos really wants to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and look and look what Kubiak's doing in Seattle. I mean, you can't tell me that Kubiak didn't look at our game film from last year and be like, ah, so that's what Kaos's doing, like, yeah, that's how they got the best out of him, you know, And who knows if Kubiak had those things built into his playbook, he probably added a lot of things like I'm taking that concept. I see how Chaos set up that deep shot because of the type of runs and the type of action that he had.
Speaker 3: So, you know, I'm givin.
Speaker 6: I will still give a lot of credit to Kaos for figuring out Sam Donald and that was sort of the blueprint. And obviously Kubiak put his own spin on things, and then you have to adapt to the players that you have on your team. But he certainly showed the league the rest of the way and how to handle Sam Donald and how to how to make him a great, you know, dynamic, elite quarterback the way he is right now?
Speaker 1: Can we is it too simple? Simplifying it too much? Ben to say this? He was sacked forty eight times last year. Forty eight times last year. This year he was sacked twenty seven times. Yeah, if he sacked twenty one less times last year.
Speaker 2: Did we make it to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe that. Do you guys believe that?
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk it makes it, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: You take that one stat which is brilliant to the way you brought that up. Like that one stat right there tells you so much. What happens if he if he is upright twenty one more times?
Speaker 4: What was he sacked in that last game? Nine times?
Speaker 10: And as a lot of people said, the game plan was there for koc KOs got those guys open and he just missed it. And there were times where he was so befuddled standing back there when they were like what zero for eight in the red zone? I mean you hit two of those, you're in good shape. Yeah, you win the game. Yeah, you win the game. You get momentum back you don't have. It's not a downhill onslaught by the ram I.
Speaker 2: Don't you know what.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget Ben. We were in Cleveland for an extended period of time for that and being around him a few times, like you know, not like we were buddies or hanging out, but just being.
Speaker 2: Around him because you happen to be right.
Speaker 1: I bet I heard him say eight words the entire time, and my initial thought was, well, this guy's not a leader, right, but not everybody's a loud vocal leader, right, correct.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you guys see it. Did you see his the on field interview that he did right after the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just completely Stowe, you know, yeah, just obviously he's taking it in. But I just I don't know, I love that. I just I think that is the right demeanor that you need to have as a quarterback.
Speaker 5: You know, also be because of what they did in New York to him. Yeah, it's true that media just is awful. So I'm sure he's a little though, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Donald did play a couple of the hits, So I would love just once for a quarterback attended to the super Bowl to go, this isn't a special group.
Speaker 4: These are not the guys I would like to do this with. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, because Tom RENOLDI was like, is this a special group? Yes, yeah, there's a special group. Anybody else you'd rather do this with? No, No, this is the group I want to do this with. Well, awesome, Corey.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to read your book about the Power Trips.
Speaker 7: Hawk's been around Sam Donald a lot and he only said like eight words. I believe you have the opportunity to be the Sam Donald of the Power Trip Mornings.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to say less? What now?
Speaker 2: I agree?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Tom got me and Tom Shan on the same page.
Speaker 11: More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the thing, I'm right.
Speaker 1: Paltripmores here, we are seven forty seven, and we can do some Vikings news, but I just will say instead, thank you so much to Radco. We love you, Thank you for bringing us Vikings news all the time. Ben. Do you believe that it's it's a done deal now that for us we'll be back as our defensive coordinator or do you think they're still a head coaching job that's available to him?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I do, I do.
Speaker 6: I would put it at you know, ninety five plus percent that he's back as a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: I just don't even see that.
Speaker 6: I mean, they're it's so hard to keep secrets in the NFL, and if he hasn't gotten a sniff from these other teams, I don't think he's going to Arizona. I don't think he's going to go to the Raiders. Like if those were hot Runners before him and he was doing multiple interviews, they would say, Okay, there's an open chance. But it seemed like his only opportunity was was Pittsburgh in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Why do you think you did get it?
Speaker 5: He's suing the people answer, I think they got it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's got to be a factor. It's got to be a factor.
Speaker 6: But I just I just feel like now it's it's becoming less and less of a factor. So but that's just my gut, that's just my gut belief. I don't know. Sometimes it's just a feel and they're like, Okay, well, you know, you look at Pittsburgh situation. They have gone you know, they they've been on a defensive minded head coach for how many decades? And I think they just I'm sure people in the organization are like, listen, our offense was a problem. You know, our offense was not great. It was just okay, like we need to bring somebody in that's a little more offensive minded. So they bring in Mike McCarthy that can both be a CEO and be an offensive minded coach. Like it does sort of make sense that they lean that direction. Now, it's you can rip on them for getting the type of person. You know, a sixty year old coach that that's been there, done that, and not go with some of these younger, younger offensive minded coaches. But I understand why they went. They leaned offense in that situation.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes is this timing and circumstance. Speaking of rumors, Joe Burrow, you think we're going to get him? I don't know, I don't. I mean, it's a fun game to play, right, It's a fun game to play, and and you know, this is the time of year that we start doing that stuff, and you know, I don't you know, the the rumors with them, you know, Jordan Addison being a part of it and all this other stuff. And I'm like, well, why would they do that, Like they already have they already have receivers, and I know that, like they'd be in exchange for t Higgins or so I saw that exchange as well, Like, so you want to bring on a you want to take our quarterback that is unproven and then a receiver that you're going to have to pay because he's going into his fifth year, so he's not you're not going to trade for the guy. Just do a one year rental, like you're gonna pay another high price receiver, then get rid of a high price receiver.
Speaker 3: And get rid of your franchise quarterback. Does it's silliness? It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Two days ago, Sauce tweeted, the Vikings are instantly super Bowl contenders with Burrow, they'd have the best quarterback in the division and maybe the conference.
Speaker 4: But why would the Bengals move on from him?
Speaker 2: I stand by all that. Yeah, I would stand yeah, absolutely, you can stand by that.
Speaker 7: Right before that, you tweeted this, and I'm going to read it exactly how you tweeted it. Okay, Sauce tweeted two plus days ago. If and it's a big if, if the Vikings are going to trade for Burrow and that floated packed is real, you do it in a second. If healthy Burrow is a top five quarterback in the league.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing is, I'm with you. The path for us is great. Yeah, you know, floading packed, we would get Joe Burrow. It doesn't make any sense from their standpoint.
Speaker 7: Like so the package, right was McCarthy Grenard in multiple firsts, Right, that's what was getting.
Speaker 4: Floated, and Grenard responded to us, I.
Speaker 7: Saw that because everybody was saying have fun in Cincinnati. That was That was Twitter's response to Grenard. Anyway, let's let's say that floated packed was real McCarthy, Grenard and two or three future first for Burrow in or out.
Speaker 3: A man.
Speaker 5: Muss I personally am out on that one. The one thing is that when Burrow is on the field, he is fantastic, and he's one of the top five.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 5: If healthy healthy, So we're gonna we're gonna trade unhealthy quarterback. We already have to get another one coming in.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, do it right now. Yeah, I'm on the phone, I speak Grenard. But you do that if they call you when we're like, yeah, hey, this is what we want you, you don't even hang up. You go sounds good, sure we're in. You never hang up.
Speaker 4: No, you do it in a second. You don't even counter off. You don't even counter off.
Speaker 1: Why would you.
Speaker 10: Negotiate so poorly because I'm not allowed to what else be d eyes?
Speaker 2: Your scenarios are not very kind.
Speaker 7: No, and it doesn't have to be within one second. You can take a breath and think it through and talk to people.
Speaker 10: Don't you what am I must playing password? Hey, bend your hands up.
Speaker 6: How many of you guys in the first also say, the first half of the game yesterday, the Broncos Patriots game, We're like, Vikings have to trade for Stidham, anybody, no, nobody, No.
Speaker 4: I was cheer.
Speaker 6: I thought for sure when he when he looked like when he had that that nice pass down the field was to Mims.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, oh boy, here we go on.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go on on X and it's just going to be all the Vikings fans like he's got to be in purple next year. I'm like, well, we're going to trade for the guy. But you know, let's see how he plays the rest of the.
Speaker 7: Game, all right hand, before you cement any Stidham or Burrow or any Vikings quarterback opinions, before you just lock it in. Factor this in a little over two days ago, Sauce two did this F one is an outstanding movie.
Speaker 4: It is really good. I don't know about best picture, but it's a good movie. Damned by it, dude.
Speaker 10: It's it's basically like a rocky movie, but it's outstanding. Y.
Speaker 5: You don't even have to like forula, dude.
Speaker 4: It's so racy. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 5: Remember I watched it with my pants done?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Was that sachs, that must I need to tell us that.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm waiting for the backup.
Speaker 4: But no, it was it.
Speaker 3: No, that's it. You got nothing else that because.
Speaker 5: My wife and I we had like a packed we hadn't a chord.
Speaker 4: Yeah you had a package. Yeah that you didn't want to see.
Speaker 5: It said, okay, we're finally empty nesters. Let's watch a movie. She said, yes, what days before? And so then when I sit down, when we started the movie, up you're nude. I stand up and I just dropped trow and she looks at me.
Speaker 3: She took a dump.
Speaker 5: She goes, what what are you doing? And I'm like, but you agreed. I thought we had an accord. She's like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 7: So then I ask your question, how many times during this conversation did you say the word a chord?
Speaker 3: So many times?
Speaker 5: I was trying to figure out exactly why I was choosing that word. She said, what are you a pirate? What do you need a chord?
Speaker 3: So you had a proclamation, but she didn't sign it.
Speaker 5: No, it was an agreement, just half for your cord. So then I just sat there and watched the entire movie two and a half hour's worth of red Pit.
Speaker 4: Must just watched Rivalry with her. It'll work.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: You were nude? I was well, No, I was pool bearing and I still had a shirt. Okay, but you didn't have any pants on?
Speaker 4: No, it did not.
Speaker 2: It's nudity. Yeah, and she was fully clothed yep, when she had wanted nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: Did you butt stamp your couch?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know that's commitment to a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why were your slack?
Speaker 1: And I usually respected, but not this time.
Speaker 4: We have a chord.
Speaker 3: But the movie is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 7: You weren't distracted in any way or frustrated in any way.
Speaker 5: Man, I did sit there like this, my arms like this mad because.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him.
Speaker 7: She wasn't paying attention to your cord so that it wasn't the only one driving stick, right you want? So you got naked and distracted your wife with Javier bar Damon brad Pitt smart, she's welcome, good choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's great in it too. It's a great film. Man even loved it, Damson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good. Panther is that right?
Speaker 3: That's the rumor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: Snow Fall sauce.
Speaker 10: You know, oh so good as he's so one of the Yeah, Snowfall is outstanding.
Speaker 4: It gets a little weird at the end. Yeah, they start doing acid.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the first three seasons are outstand as it's it's yeah, it's not like a happy go lucky show either, certainly not.
Speaker 1: Hey, I had an emailer tell me, by the way, that Gray's Abel's not the only North Dakota State player that is going to the Super Bowl. The starting center who is now on IR but started eleven games for the Seattle Seahawks, Jail and Sundell was also in North Dakota State.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 7: I didn't either, And a lot of talent in that dakotas a program there.
Speaker 6: Boy, bring that up to Tommy. So we have how many North Kota State guys representing him too?
Speaker 3: On the same how many?
Speaker 2: Well, we have a boy, there's.
Speaker 10: Another guy that I think is like on the practice squad or something. He's like a third or fourth string tight end. I think that plays for Seattle.
Speaker 3: That was a Gopher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, curious now how many Gophers and how many Bison are going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Somebody else do the work. I'm not gonna look.
Speaker 6: About it, but anyway, it is. It is interesting that. Yeah, I want to give give all the local guys all their all the love that they heck? Yeah, man, yeah, do you have any Patriots that are? Is it all just for no? He has the Patriots team. It's plaining. Yeah about fifty about fifty three? You thinks he's forty eight? Only I think he's.
Speaker 4: Jack Gibbons linebacker.
Speaker 7: Jack Gibbons went to Minnesota on the Patriots.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's on his dude website.
Speaker 3: Well when did Gibbons go to He's a Gopher?
Speaker 4: Who Yeah, Jack Gibbons.
Speaker 7: He is twenty seven years old, three years of experience.
Speaker 4: To Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go. Did not know?
Speaker 7: So maybe the Gophers do have North Dakota crushed in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Benjamin looks like we do.
Speaker 2: Ye don't know.
Speaker 4: Tommy's happy?
Speaker 10: Well, how quickly can we bet Tommy that the current quarterback won't be a first round pick?
Speaker 4: Drake Lindsay, Yeah, I just assumed we already made that bad ye.
Speaker 2: Speaking of bets, do I have AFC or NFC?
Speaker 4: You I think you have the hold on one of the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I made that number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I had the NFC.
Speaker 2: I think you did too, Yeah, done.
Speaker 4: It, didn't you do?
Speaker 2: The New England game a couple of weeks ago, NFC hockey of the AFC. Give me a reason to believe in in New England?
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, that's it, all right? Just a shuckle, yep?
Speaker 4: I mean, what are they? Sixteen three? That's a reason I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not very old.
Speaker 4: They think they're sixteen. It's right there. They won two games, right, so sixteen and three, short armed left tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy, I got big head and diny arms.
Speaker 4: It's US.
Speaker 2: Super Bowls in Miami.
Speaker 4: No, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: That's some Francisco away
Speaker 7: All right, Sports and a second headlines later, more of the Power Trip Morning Jill right after this on the Fan