Speaker 1: Mo Joe on the morning show. I'm excited. I got a big weekend. I'm going to a couple of games. I'm excited I get to hang out.
Speaker 2: With the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hanging out with my son Luke Max, my adoptive son, Luke's buddy Nolan. We're going to game on Saturday night. We're going to go see Michigan State versus Illinois. And then on Friday night, I'm going out with Doctor Reynolds, Jamie Reynolds from Reynolds Orthodonics. We're going to Piston's game. So I got back to back basketball games. Oh tell me if you guys think that this is interesting or not, because I've never had this happen to me before. Maybe I don't have friends like this. Maybe my friends that I hang out with don't really care what they wear or how they look. By the way, if you see pictures of any of us, you'll notice right away that we don't care what we look like. So I'm on the phone with doctor Reynolds and we're talking about the game and he's he's hosting me.
Speaker 3: So I was like, really good seats too.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's got the best seats. So he's been a season ticket holder for a long time. He's got good seats. You sit on the floor. It's like the best. I mean, seriously, we get down there, we're Usher and Big Sean, we're hanging out, and so we're having a conversation about the game and making arrangements, and I said, hey, beforehand, maybe we can sneak in somewhere and go grab like something to eat, or we can grab drinks, whatever the deal is. And right before we're about to hang up the phone and we're talking for like forty minutes or so, he says, Oh, real quick, I got to ask you a question, what are you wearing? I thought we did say it like that, he said, because what do you If you would have said what are you wearing? That would have sounded kind of creepy, like I'm wearing nothing right now? What are you wearing? No, he's like, what are you wearing? By the way, hey, real quick, what are you wearing? And I thought he was kind of a first joking and I stopped and I go, oh, I don't know what I'm gonna wear. I got like three more days left until that day, you know what I mean, Like, I have no idea what I'm gonna wear this afternoon when I change out of this thing that I'm hearing, I'm like, oh, I'll probably wear like a sweater and a you know, jeans, or I'll wear like a sweatshirt and jeans or something like that.
Speaker 4: Do you have to dress up if you're sitting on the floor.
Speaker 3: Not people do that.
Speaker 1: It's like church, as come as you are. And he's I'm asking, well, he says then to me. When I said that to him, he kind of pauses for a second and he says, well, I have this sport jacket that's kind of pistons colors on it, and I just wanted to see what you were wearing, you know, because I'm gonna wear this thing. And I'm thinking to myself, Okay, I mean, you could wear a tuxedo and I probably still.
Speaker 2: Wear the same thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking to myself, do guys do fit checks like women do fit checks? Like women are always asking each other, like you, guy, we have an event here at our station. You guys go crazy for weeks asking each other what you're wearing. You spend more? Can I say this without offending you? Ladies on the show spend more time worried about what you're going to wear to an event than prepping for this radio show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably true.
Speaker 2: I'm guess that's the case, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important, Kevin shocked that you bring in his topic. Good because on more than one occasion since I've been on this morning show, we've had an event and you have definitely asked me what am I wearing?
Speaker 2: I have not that is.
Speaker 1: For the audio the detect you for this jingle ball, you asked me what I was wearing.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask. I didn't care what you were wearing. I knew what I was wearing. Kevin, I have never done a fit check with you. I might have said.
Speaker 1: Another time you did it is when we were going to the hotel party on a rooftop. You asked me what I was wearing. You usually are asking you, never acts you. First off, I gotta be honest with you. I've seen what you're wearing. I never match outfits with what you're wearing. Never could you. I at, wait, I look at what you're wearing sometimes and I'm like, wait a second, hold on a second.
Speaker 2: Did he just roll off the couch?
Speaker 1: And that says the guy that when I showed up at the Halloween party in my Laura farquass sou pulled over to a party city to see if you can match me and be shrink. You're right, you've never because we were driving on our way there. Kay, that's the only time. By the way, you got that one, but the rest of them you didn't. Mister, I'm in a bad mood.
Speaker 5: Now only do girls talk about it just with they're like me and Shannon Wood. But now my friends, when I get invited to something, they will include a dress code in the text. It's like, Hey, we're doing a Gallantine say thing, dress code, wear a neutral colored board.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Am I saying that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, take a mood board with ideas.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do it because you want to look better than the others?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Do you want to do.
Speaker 3: No, you're competitive, not at all.
Speaker 4: I think what it is is you want to be on the same level of dressiness as somebody. So like my girlfriends and I went out to dinner last weekend, and of course everyone's like, what are you gonna wear?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna wear?
Speaker 4: Because you don't want to be dressed in like a dress and heels. And then Lindsay's wearing a sweater and cute tennis shoes and jeans exactly.
Speaker 2: I think you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: My friends know that I always will wear sweatpants, so they're like kind of prefacing it, like dressed to impress.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're doing it to tell you that you got to dress up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I always think to myself that sometimes I wonder if the girls on the show don't want to be the one that's the worst dressed.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody wants to be nobody wants to be the worst dress.
Speaker 1: But is your hope that when you say, hey, send me a picture of you in it, you're hoping going I'll get I'll beat her that night.
Speaker 5: Or no, you just base what you're wearing, like, oh, HiT's wearing a really nice dress, Like maybe I should step it up.
Speaker 3: For jingle Bell.
Speaker 4: For jingle Ball, you realize that myself, Bianca Lydia were all wearing sparkles, so you were like, okay, well spreaking out.
Speaker 3: Yeah real quick.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to Kevin for a second, saying I try to match him in his outfits, or no, no, let me let me bring it back up. I will say the only time I said to him, are you going to wear something?
Speaker 2: Was when it was the.
Speaker 1: White out at Michigan State, and I said, are you really going to wear a white thing?
Speaker 3: And He's like, yes, I'm wearing the fourth time.
Speaker 5: I'm hearing a.
Speaker 1: Couple whenever someone does ask. Whenever someone asks if you are wearing something or what are you wearing? I never like to tell them. I like to see people surprise me. I like to see people come and what they want to come in, not a shade of what they think they should come in based on what I'm coming in.
Speaker 4: You guys, So like for something like a jingle ball or a station event, I'm going to have an idea, usually in advance of what I'm wearing. If it's a normal night out like I'm it is a game time decision that I and I've I will probably change my offit four times before I finally decide on something.
Speaker 1: Do you think that doctor Reynolds was telling me what are you wearing? And telling me what he was wearing because he thinks that I need to step up my game.
Speaker 4: No, I bet he was telling you because it sounds like what he's wearing is a little out of the ordinary for him because he's he seems to me like he's more of a conservative dresser. So I think he was looking for approval for you to be like, yeah, wear your pistons.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I've seen your new pistons. Jack.
Speaker 2: You always know he always dresses kind of cool, like he's got.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that, but this sounds like it's different for him, and so he may be like, I feel like I need Tom just to say, yeah, you should totally wear that, and then he'd feel better about that decision.
Speaker 1: Are there any guys listening that will admit to us that they call their buddies to find out what they're wearing, because you really want to make sure that you guys look good.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Hannah High Hi, I just wanted to say, Mojo, aren't you always asking for like any event, if you should wear your white jeans?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I did it once once?
Speaker 1: If that great memory, Hannah, Hannah, I wore, but I have not asked all the time about that. I've worn those white jeans one time and one time only. It's you know what it is.
Speaker 2: This is a one time and one time only event, and I've never pulled those things out past that.
Speaker 1: What's up, Chantey Mojo.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, what's going on?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but you definitely have asked v multiple times.
Speaker 1: What he's wearing? Twitter tell me when on the radio. I've never asked Kevin, what are you wearing?
Speaker 3: I've asked you.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I'll go back to the audio through the entire three months leading up to it, when we were talking selective memory. The only thing I asked Kevin was the year before whatever. These girls gave us so much crap because they say that both of us were not dressed nice enough.
Speaker 4: That's not true. We did not give you crap. Listeners gave you crap.
Speaker 1: They they gave you. Come on, KP gave me crap. I did not say she was wearing her Dallas Cowboy Dolly Parton, be nice.
Speaker 3: I was her inspiration.
Speaker 2: What's up, Nick? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 2: It's going all right.
Speaker 1: We're Kevin and I are right now matching outfits for tomorrow show. Make sure you're listening and makes sure that you check out the throwback throw down Friday mornings when we all wear are nicest.
Speaker 2: What are you wearing tomorrow? Kevin? For that hopefully I'm wearing a win. All right, what's going on? What were you gonna say? Nick?
Speaker 7: Hopefully you're two for two, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Two for two. He's no, he's over. He's over for three, right, one for four for three? Yeah, what's going on? Well?
Speaker 6: I wanted to say, speaking of matching outfits, I texted in because my friends always make us match outfits where where there's company clothes are going out clothes. But one time I texted my buddy and asked him what everyone's wearing. It was an American flag team and he said he had an American flag.
Speaker 3: Baby, so I could borrow you have when you go out? Was it fourth of July?
Speaker 6: It was for the July And I thank my buddy and what he was wearing, and I didn't know another one of our buddies also texted him, so when we showed up, we were both in the exact same outfit.
Speaker 2: We barred it from the same guy and he'd set us up.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing. That's when they girls do it to make themselves look real pretty. Guys do it because they're wearing something goofy they probably shouldn't be wearing.
Speaker 2: What's up, Michael, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: We're good man, what's happening? Do you always do fit checks with your guys?
Speaker 7: I do fit checks with everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: When when I was in the army, it was just kind of something we were kind of instilled in.
Speaker 6: You know, we just looked out for everybody and we made sure everybody looked our best. And whether your friends or not, you know, I think it's important to just make sure everybody always looks at their best.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, this will happen with Chelsea where I have to ask her if we're going out somewhere, what are you wearing? Because I do not want to look way underdressed and she looks all really pretty. So there are times where I have to do it. But you're right, that is interesting. With your guy friends in the military, you're going out and about, you want to make sure everybody looks good. You guys are representing our country right right. In this case, it's just her. Don't asks, You'll never know.
Speaker 3: Don't ask, don't tell bringing, don't ask, don't tell back to this thing.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's up? LaBelle? How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm great? How are you all?
Speaker 2: Fantastic LaBelle, How do you feel who?
Speaker 1: I think the doctor was trying to actually what you were wearing, just because you had mentioned.
Speaker 2: Strengths of one of these, so he wanted to kind of gates where you say regards like that's a good point.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a very good because I did, because I did say to him, I said, hey, I'm gonna try to call Christos and maybe we'll go to you know, the uh, the chop house beforehand and stuff like that. Yeah, so yeah, no, that is interesting. That might be the case. But I don't know. Maybe I maybe I should put a suit and tie on. Would that be funny? Or if I'll put a black tie in for the game, would I get onto the I insure you have such cool piston stuff. I feel like, yeah, I'm not. I'm not the guy that goes to the games wearing the merch. Yeah you just said that he's going to No, No, he's gonna wear the colors. I don't wear the merch because there's five other Because remember I'm a double X and I get the bigger sizes. There's probably fifty fat guys they're wearing the same exact one.
Speaker 5: Maybe a jersey I can't.
Speaker 4: Right right that that black grace and jacket you have that says to trade across the back.
Speaker 1: That's cool, you could do that, but it's a Lions one though, So yeah, it's alliance.
Speaker 2: What's up, Roberta, How you doing? Good morning? Good morning, Roberta. I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: Me and my friends all contact each other with our boyfriends, so that way we all coordinate for picture memories.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody wants to look good and of course depending.
Speaker 2: On where we're going. That's interesting. So the couples do it with each other.
Speaker 1: So is it a group chat that you do like one big old text message thread.
Speaker 2: It's all of us girls and then we just tell them then what to do and okay, and then it goes from there. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I actually have been doing this, yeah, in the new year. One of the things that's helped me get on time and make sure that I'm here early and not, you know, running late. I'd lay my clothes out in the night before or pick out pretty much what I'm gonna wear the night before. And it's not necessarily that I'm trying to dress better. I'm just trying to not in the morning. Try eight things on because as a as a larger man, and I don't know if women who are larger have this happen. You'll try like three things on and then they'll all be on the floor waiting for you when you get home because you feel like they show off too much of your fat. So I now do it the night before and then have it on a hangar and ready to go, And honestly, it saves me probably twenty minutes. What's going on, Graham? Hi?
Speaker 2: Corn On, how you guys doing, Graham?
Speaker 1: I am so excited for my sports weekend. I'm gonna be watching nothing but basketball this weekend and then football on Sunday. But that's not why you called. You called to talk about this topic. What's happening?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how are you? First time?
Speaker 1: Long Yeah? I like that you're so new at it and so first time that you kind of like slowed down first time long time.
Speaker 7: I'm not a public speaker, but I wanted to get on here. You guys were talking about the guys coordinating outfits and stuff. I went out with my buddies not too long ago for the first time in a long time, and two of us are you know, we have significant others and one of us, it's a single single guy invited us to go out, and I texted my not single buddy of the group and said, what are you wearing? He said, I don't know, just something that says I'm not single and I love my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That that's great, By the way, that is interesting. You can kind of tell who the single guys are and who's the married guys based on when a group of guys go.
Speaker 3: Out, like when we oh, same thing with my friends, when we all.
Speaker 1: Went to uh to go to that comedy show as a group together. If you look at the married guys, the married guys kind of like look like they just threw themselves out there.
Speaker 2: The single guys were all like.
Speaker 1: Raring and you know what I mean, like they were they get on that party bus looking for you know, some action.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. My single buddy was all dialed up. You had it's chains on and stuff and changed.
Speaker 2: What do you think of guys that wear bracelets like that? Were like, you know, the bracelets and stuff.
Speaker 7: Depends, It depends if you're Italian. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I've tried to like a buddy of mine bought one for me for my birthday like two or three years ago, and I never wear it because when I put it on, I feel like, honestly, I just.
Speaker 3: Can't pull it off. I feel like you could, I don't think.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: What kind of bracelet is Like it's like a kind of a like a like beady like kind of like one of these types of things, like you know, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I just can't. Yeah, what you wear wear? What would Jesus do? Bracelet?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's but that's obviously you're doing that for for God. I would never say that that's wrong doing it for God. But we're talking about for fashion, like you ever would you ever wear?
Speaker 2: Like? Uh No, you see.
Speaker 1: These guys sometimes they have these huge like silver bracelets that like are too big for their wrists and they slide all around.
Speaker 2: Those are called the handcuffs