Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We're running back.
Speaker 3: To get him on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasselas Day.
Speaker 2: A fun night at Dodgers Stadium that ends with Max Monsey's third home run of the game, a walk off shot to give the Dodgers an eight to seven win over the Rangers in Game one of this three game series. David Vase Dodger Talk with you until eleven thirty tonight right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. Coming up later in the show, we'll check in with Jose Mota. You'll hear from Teoscar Hernandez and also well from Muncie again and also Tyler Glass Noow who started this game and made just two mistakes. The biggest one was with two outs to Corey Seger in the third inning, he threw a fastball right down the heart of the plate, and we all know if you remember Seeger playing here, he doesn't miss fastballs, especially right down Broadway. A go ahead three run home run by Seeger in the top of the third inning. It went four hundred plus feet and he hit it almost one hundred and ten miles an hour. So uh, that was the big hit for the Rangers from Corey Seger Tyler Glass now when six innings, had seven strikeouts and gave up four earned runs, three on that one swing by Seeger. The other a solo home run by Wyatt Langford in the fifth inning. And I mentioned this during the Clubhouse Show. The Rangers have taken on the identity of their manager, Skip Schumacher just by watching this game tonight. The Rangers offense can put up some runs. They're pitching's a little thin. It goes back to the old saying the game is a little bit too long when you're playing the Dodgers for other teams. And it was evident by who Skip Schumacher had pitching in the ninth inning. I mean, it didn't seem like Jacob Latz had a lot behind his sliders tonight, and Max Munsey jumped all over them when he was at bat. I mean, he just missed one on the first pitch and eventually would hit the go ahead, walk off home run in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Dodgers the win and oh, by the way, his third home run of the night. And he now has two hundred and thirteen home runs as a Dodger, the third most in La Dodger history Karros with two hundred and seventy, Say with two hundred and twenty eight, and now Muncie after three home runs tonight, two hundred and thirteen, passing Steve Gard. But going back to the Rangers and the Dodgers game tonight, the Rangers hung in there. They weren't conceding anything to the big bad Dodgers. Seeger is a really good player. He's a two time World Series MVP. He won the World Series with the Dodgers in twenty and then led the Rangers in twenty three. He wasn't coming in here to be intimidated. And like I mentioned about Skip Schumacher, when he played, he was one of those players on the opponent's team that was super pesky, super annoying and never back down from anybody. And that's how the Rangers played tonight. Even in the ninth inning, Skip Schumacher wasn't conceding anything, even being down, you know, three runs going into the ninth inning, he was still managing to try to win that game, to pull off a miracle against Edwin Diaz. And Diaz's fastball velocity was down tonight. It was around ninety four to ninety five tonight. He's usually around ninety five ninety six, and it was pretty apparent that he wasn't that sharp. He's been getting out to the outfield in recent outings, but tonight one went over the wall. That really changed the complexion of this game. That was Evan Carter's two run home run. But pinch hitting Jock Peterson for Andrew McCutcheon was the first sign that the Rangers were not just gonna say, okay, DS is out there, We're just gonna wave the white flag. Jock Peterson came off the bench, he was down to his final strike and he almost struck out, but challenged with the abs and he was right. So he had a second life and he used it the very next pitch, a base it up the middle, and all of a sudden, the Rangers got a runner on base, and then there's a C and I. You know, that C and I single by Jock Peterson led to what was a two run home run that got the Rangers close and cut it to a a one run lead, and that was by Evan Carter. And then you know, you feel like DZ gets two outs, all right, I mean he's Edwin Diaz. He's gonna get the final out.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: A two out single and a stolen base by Josh Young and a game tying base hit by Ezekiel Duran and the pesky Rangers, who were not intimidated or conceding anything, tied the game against the Dodgers after the Dodgers took the lead in a big way thanks to Andy Pajez and then got a couple of insurance runs in the eighth inning. So you know, this was a very entertaining baseball game from start to finish from both sides. And look, the Rangers are in first place in the AL West. They're not the Dodgers, who have the best record in baseball in ten and three, but they're not conceding anything in this series, and it's a going to be a good three game series, like we saw tonight, eight six, six seven two five seventy is the phone number. You know, the Andy Paie Has show continues. He had a huge go ahead double in the bottom of the sixth inning. It was a six pitch at bat as well. That's part of the whole thing that is happening with Andy pa Has this year. He was on base four times tonight, drove in four runs. Max Munsey hit three home runs tonight. He had four hits and scored five times. Between these two guys, they provided the offense for, you know, the top of the order, which is kind of struggling right now. Otani was one for four, Tucker was one for four. Smith is one for five. Freeman is kind of underwater right now. He's only hitting two fifty five after going hitless tonight with two strikeouts. So you know, what Andy paie Has and the rest of the bottom of the order from six to nine are doing is helping the Dodgers find ways to win along with their pitching. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Jesse. Who is that Dodger Stadium tonight? Hi Jesse, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dave what are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Everybody's believing in Max Munsey. Now, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: But every time I go to the bathroom and that's when he hits a home run.
Speaker 2: Perfect, you should go, you should stay in there.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: I think that's what I'm want to start doing.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like me when I watch hockey. I watch, I watch, I watch, nothing happens, and then I leave to get, you know, some food or a beer or go to the bathroom like you, Jesse, and they score a goal. I feel like that's that's the luck you got.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Huh, all right, thank you for sharing all that. Jesse eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Not sure how much more I could do with that that Jesse went to the bathroom and months he hit his home run. And isn't it interesting? Max Mounsey hits three home runs. He has a big postseason last year, defensively, offensively in the World Series, same thing. He now has thirteen postseason home runs. That's the most in Dodger history. He now has two hundred and thirteen home runs, the third most in LA Dodger history, and at this time last year, you were filling up the phone line saying, get rid of Max Munsey, get rid of this guy. This guy's washed, he's done, And here we are, everybody's celebrating Max Munsey. It just goes back to what I tried to say last year, and I was proven to be right. The resume means something. This guy's a really good player. He cares. He came into camp a lot slimmer, and he's healthy. He had a healthy offseason, had a healthy spring training, and he's moving pretty well around the bases as well, along with hitting three home runs tonight. Here was Munsey moments after the Gatorade ice bath from Alex call. Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, I thought I saw the first one pretty good. He made a good pitch. On the second one, I checked swung. At that point, you're down two strikes, he's trying to battle, You're trying to get on base with the guy behind you, and you know he's he left one up on the zone and I was able to take.
Speaker 2: Advantage of it. In Toronto, you told me you were close. Did you find it tonight? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, the last day in Toronto I thought was really good. I know the results weren't there, But like the way my swing fell, I was able to get it, you know, get some good swings.
Speaker 2: Off on some good pitches.
Speaker 7: I felt really really close, and you know, today there's some results behind it. The unfortunate part about this game is you can't chase the results even though it is a result, you know, a results based game. But just trying to stick with the process. And you know, I felt really good tonight.
Speaker 2: I hopefully can carry it over tomorrow and all part of this three home run night. You passed Steve Garvey for the third most home runs a LA Dodger history. What does that mean to you? It means a lot. Garvey is an unbelievable player.
Speaker 7: You look at what he did, you know, in his time here in LA, and that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of the standard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: You look at how consistent he was forever many years he was here? Was it ten and plus you know, ten straight All Star games, the gold Gloves. You know, he's kind of a just a Dodger icon. And so you know, it means a lot to be able to pass him, and you know, hopefully I can keep moving forward.
Speaker 2: You found your family up there, huh. Absolutely. The newborn was smiling at me. Thanks a lot for stopping Congratulations on a big night. Thank you appreciate it. There is Max Muntsey with a big three homer game, his second career three homer game. The last time he did it was actually back in twenty twenty four, May fourth, twenty twenty four, and the last Dodger to hit three home runs in a regular season game. Skip Schumacher was there for that one too in Miami when Showe Hey Otani became the first fifty to fifty player in baseball history. What's ironic about that is that Skip Schoemacher didn't do what many people thought he would, and that's walk O'tani. He respected the game and certainly didn't want to take away from going head to head with Otani to see what he could do that game as he was chasing his fiftieth home run. But tonight, in the ninth inning, with first base open, he did walk O tany in the ninth inning. That goes back to Schumacher not conceding anything, even being down three runs at that point. Eight six six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers outlast the Rangers tonight, eight to seven. Let's go to Trey who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hope you have a better story for me, Trey than our guy Jesse.
Speaker 8: Wow, what was wrong? I didn't hatter Jesse's story? Was it bad? I'm sorry. I'm coming from the road. We were at the game, beautiful game tonight. I just want to say hello for the first night of the year. I haven't talked to you in a while. And what a heck of a game next month he with three home runs and a walkoff. I don't have a lot to add. I just want to say hi, David, because we haven't talked in a while, and what a great game for the Dodgers to win. Were number one, and what a hell of a game.
Speaker 2: So the reason why, the reason why I took your call is our guy Colin, who is an intrepid screener, said that you were in the pavilion tonight, So, uh is sitting any cloat? Were you in the Were you in the right field pavilion, left field pavilion? Where were you?
Speaker 8: We were a little bit right center, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, okay, so you had a pretty good view of Monthsey's a walk off home run and all three of his home runs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did, and it was beautiful and it was a great night to be there at Dodger Stadium tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for the phone call, Thanks for saying hi, Trey, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. How about this? We got this from OPAH Stats. Max Munsey of the Dodgers becomes the first player in baseball history to have a game with five or more runs scored, four or more hits, and three or more home runs and a walk off home run. So he makes history tonight. I mean, this was an incredible game. The three home runs in itself is special, but for him to be four for five tonight with five runs scored, that is a dominating game. Him and Poe has I'm sure our household names tonight in Arlington, Texas. Let's go out to Texas. Jeremy, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: How you doing, Jeremy, Hey, I'm doing great? Man? How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Great? Are you a Ranger fan or a Dodger fan living out in Texas?
Speaker 9: Oh? I'm a massive Dodger fan. I got to tell you.
Speaker 2: The thing.
Speaker 9: I moved from La to Texas about five years ago, and the thing that I miss the most is about being at Dodger Stadium and feeling that vibe. But I think tonight was an excellent example of the fact that the Dodgers are an incredible team constructed well right, Like, they picked up Diez.
Speaker 1: He had a.
Speaker 9: Tough night, and I was listening to the broadcast and I'm sitting here thinking like, oh man, this dude. I hear the trumpets and I just wish I was a Dodger Stadium man. But uh, a fantastic he end the Dodgers because yeah, exactly. But guess what, he's human and the rest of his teammates are going to pick him up. So when everybody talks about the Dodgers being this big behemoth of a team, Dude, those guys still fight for each other. They're not sitting there worried about salaries and stuff like that. It's the best organization on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's thinking about their salary as the game is going on, Jeremy, that's for sure. And the biggest thing is the Dodgers have put together so much talent, and all these guys over the last three, four or five years have checked their egos at the door. You don't have these many big, big time players without vetting who they are, character is and make sure they're the right fit. And that's something that Andrew Freeman has done a great job of. Thanks for the phone call, appreciated. Dodgers beat the Rangers tonight and they grounded into as many double plays as Max Muntsey hit home runs. Tonight, they grounded into three double plays. And speaking of human when was the last time Will Smith came up with the basses loaded and less than one or less than two outs and grounded into an inning ending double play. Well, that's what happened. In the seventh inning. The Dodgers had the basses loaded and the right guy at the plate and Will Smith and he grounded into a double play that was actually Freddy Freeman. In the seventh inning, will Smith grounded into a double play. In the fifth inning, with the basses loaded and one out, the Dodgers had three three players ground into double plays. Santiago Espinal, coming off the bench in the sixth inning, grounded into a four to six to three double play to end the inning. So in the three consecutive innings of grounding into double plays. The fifth the sixth and the seventh by players at least Freeman and Smith that you wouldn't expect that from Let's go out to Los Phelis Bradley. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi Bradley.
Speaker 10: Hey, David, thanks for taking my call, my pleasure. I wanted to get your feedback on Glass now tonight. You know, he got a lot of strikeouts, but he also gave up some home runs. You know, were those just poor pitches or is this just kind of part of his style looking for strikeouts but sometimes giving up the long ball.
Speaker 2: No, No, it was poor, poor pitches. The one he threw to Seeger was ninety six right down the middle. And you know, it's interesting because he has been leaning a lot more on his curveball. He actually threw the curveball more than his fastball tonight, So he's been doing that ever since his last start of the bring against the Angels. So I wonder if there's something there. But yeah, you made two mistakes that players like Seeger and Evan Carter or White Langford can make you pay for. So that's how I felt speaking of Glass. Now, why don't we hear from him downstairs? He's on sports in at LA.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think just bad like location, not good game management on my part. I think to see you here, I geta get the heater up or just a different pitch, and then I think too many kurtballs on that second homer. I felt good, though, I just think it was just a couple bad sequences and like you said, not ten guys away.
Speaker 12: It's clear though we saw I mean obviously compete and kind of with how the stuff was playing. When you look at your outing as a whole, I mean how you finished it, I mean how I guess was there anything adjustment you made or like kind of positive takeaways you can take from this one.
Speaker 11: I think just incorporating the slider a little bit towards the end. I think just yeah, like I said, just pitch selection and stuff. I felt pretty consistent all night, but yeah, I just gotta have to do better, better job executing, especially on those homers.
Speaker 13: Well did you all of.
Speaker 2: Those two pitchers?
Speaker 13: It's again, what location.
Speaker 5: Did you one of those two?
Speaker 11: I think the heater up to Seger and two just don't be afraid to walk him. I think just putting like a heater middle is not a good spot. Right there, and then the curveball just too many in.
Speaker 1: A row, So I think he's imported.
Speaker 11: Is two bad pitches.
Speaker 13: I mean, even like the hit said before, Seeger's home runs.
Speaker 11: Kind of seemed like, yeah, I think I think like tonight, I think I executed relatively while I felt good and yeah, like I said, just a couple couple bat at bats.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Tyler Glass. Now you know, he just described himself some bad pitches maybe poor pitch sequence scen to why Langford that led to those four runs A one a three run home run by Corey Seeger. Eight six six seven two, five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodgery Talk when we come back, more of your phone calls. We have three lines open at eight sixty six nine eighty seven two. We're gonna hear from Taioscar Hernandez. Next. He's wearing a different colored, not Dodger blue, elbow guard, shin guard, and we're gonna share the story with you in case you missed our pregame conversation with Taoscar Hernandez really hits close to home for him, So don't go anywhere more Dodger Talk live from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium after the Dodgers walk it off against the Rangers eight to seven on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: On air at.
Speaker 3: AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy, la sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi.
Speaker 2: Here's the old two. He's wings. HiT's a Hi drive to right, pale, HiT's going back. That is gone. I look up where Max mon say with two ouch, Hama of that eye. Maxwell swinging the silver hammer his second career three home run game, AMMA. Dodgers victorious tonight eight to seventh. On a night the Dodgers were celebrating show Hao Tany's three homer game in Game four last year's NLCS, Max Mounsey steals the show with his own three home run game tonight. The walkoff home run at the bottom of the ninth inning the third home run of the night for Monsey and the Dodgers defeat the Rangers eight to seven. Daniels Jewliers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewler's gift card. Visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Kate in Torrance. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Kate?
Speaker 14: Hello, thank you for taking my call. I just have to shout out to my bloring Max Monthly. I was wearing my Monthly shirt today and so I'm just glad it was him that could pass up Steve Garvey, who was also a great.
Speaker 5: Dot DA icon.
Speaker 2: No doubt Steve Garvey should be in the Hall of Fame. So to pass up a guy like that, that's a big deal, Kate for sure. So I'm glad you're on board with Monsey. I hope you were still on board with him last year when everybody else was jumping off the ship and the bandwagon.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, no, I called you last year to show my supportive Monthly. So yeah, all right, always.
Speaker 2: We'll go back to the tape and make sure that's true. I'm just kidding. I believe you. Thank you, Kate, thank you for the phone call. Ta Oscar Hernandez. He was our pregame guest before tonight's game, returning back home, and I had noticed during the last road trip that he wasn't using the usual blue elbow guard and shin guard. In fact, he hadn't been using it for the beginning of this season, and I was wondering what that was all about. Tai Oscar tonight was one for four with the run scored. He's hitting two eighty nine with a seven point fifty seven ops. But that's not the point of the story. The point of the story is ta Oscar Hernandez sharing with us why he is wearing a different colored elbow guard and shin guard that we're not used to sing here was our part of our conversation with Taoscar and shared a story that is close to home and close to the heart. Ta Oscar, I noticed your elbow guard was different than it was last year. What is this new elbow guard? And who are you honoring?
Speaker 13: I did it for my kid, my older kid, he's in the spectrum for the autism this year. I tried to do something different, something for him. Uh and for the rest of the people around the world that are dealing with that. You know, a lot of things of our life. I think it gets a little hard sometimes, but I think the much that we talk about, the easier, uh it will be for those families and parents with kids under the spectrum. And it was something that I did for my boy and for the rest of the persons kids adults that are dealing with that too.
Speaker 2: I guess it makes people feel that they're not alone. The parents are not alone, and the kids are not alone.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, you're just trying to give a little bit of support from here to anywhere that people see it, and hopefully they can notice and know that I'm doing that for my son and for the rest of other people.
Speaker 2: I guess you have a guy in this clubhouse, Rjpete. That's a shining example of what you can do with your life, even being on the spectrum.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's you know, Rja is awesome. Everybody love him. I'm really glad that he's around us, around me, and so I can learn more about about it and I can help my kid to deal with it in life and help other people.
Speaker 2: So there's a reason why God chose the Hernandez family and Tioscar Hernandez. You're a special person and it's great that you're shining a light on autism awareness. So thank you for the time, and you know we all love you and your family.
Speaker 13: Thank you appreciated.
Speaker 2: Well sir, there he is ta Oscar Hernandez. Sharing want when you watch these games or you come to the game and you see he's wearing a different colored, little brighter colored elbowpad shin guard. That's the reason why he's trying to shine a light on autism awareness because his older son is on the spectrum. And certainly, ta Oscar is a great father. He's got a great wife that's a great mom, and they are the right people. And like I said, R. J. Pete is certainly the shining light in that Dodger Clubhouse. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. Visit Santa Anita dot com slash events and look Taoskar is one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. And I told him I wanted to ask him about the elbow guards. What that was about. I kind of had a hint it may have been on the topic or subject that he was speaking about, and he said, yeah, let's talk about it. And if you go to our AM five seventy LA sports Instagram page or on x we tweeted out some photos close up photos of taoscar shin guards and elbow guards that he's wearing, and you can see what he's trying to shine a light on and get a closer look at how he's trying to bring autism awareness to every at bat that he has this season. Let's go out to Todd who is at Dodger Stadium. Hi, Todd, You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing?
Speaker 4: Don Joing? Well, thank you.
Speaker 8: You know, I just wanted to.
Speaker 4: Commend Andy Pajas him going to right field twice. Hard hit balls, both of them, especially that second one that drove in the run.
Speaker 8: That was a.
Speaker 4: Huge momentum swing in the game. But just for him going that way, I give him so much credit because of course he can, you know, hit the ball out of the ballpark. He usually pulls the ball left field.
Speaker 6: But for him to go that way, boy, he's really matured.
Speaker 2: In my mind, he really has. He's put in a lot of work. Todd, and I've mentioned this a few times when we've talked about Paez in spring training. He was really diving into just scene pitches and being a more disciplined hitter, and it certainly has paid off. And it doesn't translate necessarily. You're not trying to take away his aggressiveness. He's just seeing more pitches in at bats and not just being, you know, an indecisive swinger at the plate. Let's go out to Brandon who was at the game tonight. Hi, Brandon, you were treated to a great game. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: What's going on DV.
Speaker 15: Good to hear you, brother. Yeah, we we had great Seaton in the reserve and we had we have a great view of Monthy's home runs and it was interesting. You know, the crack of the bat was about the same on every home run except for that last one. And that last one it was just a little bit special. But just like Todd said, I I too want to you know, just want to show shed my love to to our boy Andy Poie has and and you can see the work that you put in in the off season and h right now, I know it's super early on in the season, but he's been the m v P. I feel like for this team, super consistent, especially when the big names like you mentioned at the beginning of your broadcast are kind of struggling going oh for or one for four, one for five. He's been so steady and to have a consistent bat where he is in the lineup. Uh, it's just been awesome and been money for the for this team and and I think the changes that he's made are are phenomenal and hopefully it continues.
Speaker 2: How about this, Brandon, I'm not sure if you caught this, but I did, and Pie has his first at bat. It was a Yankee stadium like roll call of Andy Pie has his name. I heard this echoing throughout the sellout crowd tonight, Andy Pie has Did you Uh? Did you catch that? And were you part of it? In your section?
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely did.
Speaker 15: We were We were chanting and my wife and I we we affectionately call him Pages, and so we were like, you know, come on Pages, MVP, and we try to get the MVP chance like like they did in for Kobe and Staples back in the day. That didn't catch on maybe later.
Speaker 2: That's a little too early, Yeah, a little too early. I like I like the organic Andy Pie has chant that came out of the reserve section. That was that was pretty special.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Dodger fans obviously are recognizing what this guy is doing. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello the Mark of a Fighter.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: Jose, did you catch that the Andy Pie has chance in his first couple of at bats? I mean you have arrived when Dodger Stadium starts chanting your name on a show hel tany bobblehead night.
Speaker 6: Dave, I did. I'm I actually brought up in the broadcast. I go, wait a minute, where are we the bronze or DoD your stadium. It was pretty cool. It was very cool. And Dave, congratulations. I want to command you on a great job with tels Me, Hernandez. I think that that side of an athlete, a highly paid player in person in this world, it is important their fans connect with what they go through on a single day.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yes, you know I was thinking about that as well. You know, the players are human beings. They bring a lot of baggage, some days more than others. But obviously ta Oscar has a great family. He supports his family, and I just think people need to realize that they're just like you. I mean, their life is not easy for everybody.
Speaker 6: No, And I think you know when these players are exposing going through a slump, and a lot of times you know there's something that just doesn't look right, but you don't want to ask at times you want to be judging. But something comes out at the end that you know a player was going through something, Freddie going through what he was going through a couple of years ago. Things like that matter a whole lot, and I think it just makes it actual with the fans, the player admitting it and knowing the dickenses platform to further send out the message and the projects out forward to get more people are involved, and I thinks remarkable. So a very nice job by Tarush and expecting himself and also by you and a five seventy team and getting that out.
Speaker 2: Thanks, So they appreciate that. Tonight it was a good night for Sunflower Seeds. I hope they had enough. I hope tay Oscar had enough for Monthsy's three home runs and Pie has this big night not only the big go ahead two run double, but also a two run home run.
Speaker 6: I mean, the Dodgers in the power is going to be there.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 6: You know. The thing that really sticks with me is the fact that for Max Monthsely, he is a believer in the process and I know that it's not always pretty. But as he was saying to all of us in Toronto, I'm feeling it like it's coming. Telling Dave Roberts that he feels like he hit three hundred, that's remarkable. I mean, Dave Roberts has one thing, one person behind them that embatting practice sometimes says, Hey, Max, I want you to go out there and get base hits in batting practice, get singles, you know, hit b all in the gaps and things like that, just to make sure that Minus transformed into being better and really taking this again to a new level and sometimes just pulling back and not playing Homer in derby and during VP. A good knight for him overall. Andy pyues, We'll see what he's doing and to come back from forced reikous it's not eat to day elemental side, but we don't want thing. Andy Pays loves hitting at home and there's nothing better than after force strikeout game to get back to now Unico Field Dogger Stadium to get the job done as a team. Very nice effort overall, Jose.
Speaker 2: You know, in that ninth inning at bat by Muncie, the young left hander Jacob Latz, he threw him three straight sliders that were luke warm at best. It felt like Muncie it was just a matter of time that he was going to hit it out with the swings he was taking in the first two pitches that he saw that turned out to be the all three, the same speed, the same location. He didn't miss it.
Speaker 6: Well, you have to do your homework. Think about last he made Will Smith look bad. He made Freddy Freema look bad too. So if you're Max Munsey, you're paying attention not only to the amount of pitches he's thrown, Say how many sliders, so many fast foals, where's he locating it? Almost so you gotta pay attention to but it's release point, how much tilt is it breaking down? Is the same flat and all those things you pay attention to and apply when you go out there and saying if he was doing this to Freddy and I saw it against the right handed bat or too, there's something that at least I can get to and anticipate, and it's you all go out there and save your best swing for something down the middle, which is what he did. But this kid through the years had very good numbers for the Rangers, and they just happen to catch a pitch with the right hitter up and two. Dave, let's also keep this clear Max months. He has started games this season against lefties, and it's very important as a manager. They don't get so cut up and left the right situations via espinal, but allow Max BUNSI to see some lefties. Look, there's numbers against lefties this season, and you'll see why. Even though the numbers are not going to look like that at the end of the season. It is important the guys like Kim are not buried only because there's a left on the mound. And this is all due to the staff Dave Roberts allowing him to see lefties, see spin, see the ball from the other side, and also a lefties sometimes you square up a little bit better because you've got to stay closed and that really aligns you to get your swing back where it needs to be.
Speaker 2: No doubt he can hit lefties and he still has that function in the lineup. When he's not hitting home runs, he's taking walks, he's seeing a lot of pitches, and that means a lot to the whole connective tissue of this batting order for the Dodgers that quite honestly, Jose has not gotten consistent production from their first four guys, and it's basically been guys from six to nine that's really making things happen for the offense.
Speaker 6: So far in a long season, this is going to show up. It's showing on Bernie right now. And the best thing is that now for the top of the lineup, it's not all about them carrying the little bit about having production with bats, but what these guys in the bottom are doing, you know, sixth on and seventh on is remarkable at this stage of the season because those are the guys that in other ball clubs, some of these guys are hitting three and four. They're not for the Dodgers because of who they are, but they're approaching each bat like they are hitting three and four by quality at bats, working counts, following off good pitches, and staying with the same consistent approach. Because that allow the top of the order eventually to get hot and carry the team.
Speaker 2: Also, all right, before I let you go, Edwin dis he's human. We're not used to seeing that, no matter if you're in New York or LA. It's rare sight that he blows the save. Did you feel like the fastball was playing down a little bit tonight? And did you see any signs of that in his previous two outings? And I guess with the Dodger offense, he's not pitching on a regular basis like he may have been with the Mets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I you know, I talked about this before. I said, he's not a mechanical guy. He's not checking mechanics about this and that. But when he gets a little bit too fast, that slider does nothing. Look at these pitches today the ladder really maybe one good slider all day. One thing that happened with whe two is twenty three pitches Dave nineteen strikes. That's not like him. I mean, he's gonna get chases on and make balls look like strikes and get strike cuts. But I didn't see a whole lot of quality strikes. My main concern was a little bit too fast, way flat on that slider. But again, he is human and sometimes he's gonna falter. What I know one thing is if you have anybody that's been with him, with Seattle and with the Mets when he has outings like this, be careful because he finds a way to fix it and be truly energetic and impactful the rest of the season. So his one to learn from us, for sure. The Slider has to have better bites, all right.
Speaker 2: He's he's obviously done it on the biggest stage, so he knows what he's doingse thanks a lot for the time. We'll check in with you tomorrow. There he goes. Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, checks in every night on Dodger Talk. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Tonight was a great game. We had a little bit of everything. Power, stolen bases, put in the ball and play first to third. Three double plays by the Dodgers. That's not something you see all the time. And you don't see a team run into three double plays, a couple of them with the bases loaded, in fact, all three of them with the bases loaded and still win the game. That's exactly what the Dodgers did, and in the ninth inning there were a couple of abs challenges that proved to be big. You felt like one that Jack Peterson called to get overturned really worked in the rangers favor that kept it alive. He got on base, and then you were looking at Will Smith trying to help Edward and Diaz get out of that jam. He was able to get a call third strike on why at Langford and you thought, okay, maybe this will change things. But unfortunately for Diaz and the Dodgers, it took Max Munthsey's third home run of the night to walk it off instead of just winning it in eight and a half innings. But either way, the Dodgers will take it baseball's best record at ten and three. Before we say good night, I got to take a couple of more calls. Kevin, who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight, is claiming he's the one that started the Indie Pie has chant. All right, Kevin, you want to take credit for this, I'll give you. I'll give you a chance.
Speaker 1: BV.
Speaker 5: So we were in the load section in section one twenty two, and I'll tell you why we started that chat was because my daughter and I went to a game last year in August where Pa Has had two hole runs in a double and we're sending center field started chanting that, he turned around gave us a wave. Ever since then, we're a huge Andy po Has fans, and so you know, when he was off and what he's been doing all season, we had to give him the props. We started the chat, and I was so pumped because the rest of the crowd totally jumped in and started standing with us, and I think from that point on, you know, it was on and the fans were all about it.
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin, I liked it. It was organic, it was organic. I really liked it, and it was a great salute to the start of the season for Andy pat Has. Thanks for the phone call, Kevin. All Right, you know, it takes more than a father and daughter to start a chant, but I like it. I like it. It was a nice story. So we'll go with that and end the show on that one. In case we didn't get to you tonight. Call back tomorrow after game two of this series. It'll be Jack Leider on the mound for the Rangers, who in two starts as an Era of two forty five with seventeen strikeouts in eleven innings, going up against Emmitt Shean, who's making his third start of the year. He's one to zero with an ERA of eight. Our coverage begins at five o'clock with Dodgers on deck. First pitch at six' ten With Rick monday And Tim. Neverett thanks to you for, listening thanks to calling you back at Our burbank, studios and thanks To dwayne McDonald out here At Uniclo field At Dodgers. Stadium, hey case you missed any of the, show you can find it on The iHeartRadio. App and here are full conversation With Taioscar, hernandez who is certainly one of a, kind a great, guy a great, player and it was awesome that he shared something personal with us today and you can find that on The iHeartRadio. App you could see the photos of his elbow guard and shing guard to bring awareness to autism and all those that are a shining light for. It once. Again the final score tonight From Dodgers. Stadium The dodgers defeat The rangers eight to. Seven have a great rest of your. Night see. You i'm. Well, jess be so silly So chis child lay