Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Tam kats.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck here official pregame show the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers on this Tuesday night, April fourteenth, twenty twenty six. As the Dodgers twelve and four on this season, they took the series opener against the Mets last night. Tonight, they let's do it again in a great pitching matchup. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitcher, Uniclo Field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on what's happening with his team, an update on the injuries as well. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David vatsegoes one on one with Justin Robleski.
Speaker 4: More on him in a minute.
Speaker 3: We got your Dodgers' magical moment and in just a few minutes we will catch up with Kirston Watson and head out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, Justin Robleski was eat electric. He fired a career high eight scoreless innings, giving up only two hits while striking out two in his second win of this season. It was the first time this year that a Dodger pitcher reached more than six innings in a start. He made only six pitches in the sixth inning. He was so efficient, with only just two strikeouts in the game. As far as the Dodgers' offense was concerned, well, they gave him the run support that he needed and it started in the first runners on for Will Smith.
Speaker 7: Dodger two catchers combined are hitting three fifty seven with a four to nineteen on base percentage. There's a hard ground ball basic in the left center field.
Speaker 1: Otani is around third.
Speaker 8: He'll come in to score an RBI single for Will Smith and the Dodgers probably have a one to nothing league.
Speaker 9: Oh, they got can position the hard way hit batter. Then good eye Tucker drew the walk and for Will Smith, yep, he delivers yet again.
Speaker 3: Will Smith with the RBIs single scoring show Hey Otani, Dodgers weren't done. Then in the third, two on for Andy pies first and.
Speaker 7: Third, two out, one nothing Dodgers. Bottom half of the third, Peterson delivers.
Speaker 4: They're gonna fly ball left.
Speaker 7: Down the line and it is done.
Speaker 8: Three run home run for Andy pahees Smith home run of the year. Three run flash. He's got twenty RBI's and the Dodgers have a board.
Speaker 3: And that's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by ourco quality, top tier gas. For last, Andy pat has his fifth home run of the season. That three run shot gave the Dodgers a four nothing lead and they never looked back. Miguel Rojas, by the way, finished the night three for four, his fifty first career game with three plus since the last time to do it was April of last season. With the win, the Dodgers improve on the season, out twelve and four overall, and tonight they look to do it again against the New York Mets. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch at seven to ten and with more than set out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Steamer, Nephis Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim Kats, it's a beautiful Tuesday afternoon in the evening shaping up here at the stadium, and I think the only thing Dodger fans would like to see on top of this weather would be another w and another series win. Mod But they have been excellent, the Dodgers have in the start of this twenty twenty six season, making a statement early in series, taking games one and or.
Speaker 4: Two, yeah, and scoring early.
Speaker 9: And that's the case last night, although they let a golden opportunity maybe make it more than just one run in the first inning last night, but the Mets pitching came through and did that. And as good as the Dodgers are playing, the New York Mets are looking to snap a six game losing streak, and they've got a guy who's a tough customer and Nolan McLain who's going for them. Yeah, Chinobo Yabamota going for the Dodgers. But I thought last night was kind of indicative from three different angles, from an offensive standpoint, from a defensive standpoint, and from a pitching standpoint. The Dodgers, that's the reason that they wanted by a score a Ford to nothing and New York having difficulty swinging the bats only three hits last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, the Dodgers are catching the Mets at a great time or the worst time you feel, probably if you're a fan of New York is It's now six consecutive losses for the Mets. They've been outscored thirty four to nine in this losing streak. They haven't scored since the seventh inning last Saturday, a stretch of twenty offensive innings without a run, and not even does that they're not I mean hitting the ball, he said a bucko nine in the six game skid. They didn't have an extra base hit last night. So the Dodgers want to continue that trend, and they got the right guy on the bump for it. In Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who will be opposite and Olan McLain who he referenced earlier. But Justin Robleski tip of the cap to him MO for setting a tone in this series. Eight shutout innings. The first Dodger to record it out in the seventh this year, and he.
Speaker 9: Went eight and he did a good job too, fourteen outs as a result of ground balls that were thrown, and a little surprising there were only two strikeouts. I mean, here's a guy that was in total control, only two strikeouts. And the other part that I found there were only four swings and misses at pitches that Robleski threw last night. So he say, hey, wait a minute, how can it be that dominant only four swings and misses. It's because he had precise location with pitches that he made and induced a lot of ground ball outs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's something that you made mention of multiple times on the broadcast, and it's an excellent point.
Speaker 1: And when you were throwing.
Speaker 2: The ball with conviction, Justin Obleski is actually one of the more confident guys the Daughters have on their roster. When you throw the ball with conviction and that having that the quote unquote trust in your stuff, the old cliche, and trust in your defense behind you that they're going to back you up, and they did several times last night, Like that is a that's a winning recipe. I know it's not the recipe in the current iteration of Major League Baseball, but you saw that it could be a good recipe.
Speaker 9: Including mcguil Rojas, and it made just a sensational play early in the ballgame, in fact, leading off the second inning, just a circus catch if you will, to stop any momentum. And the Dodgers have a lot of things going for them as so on Campbell's start at shortstop tonight. That's the only difference really in this lineup other than the positioning. And the story continues to go also Steven with when Andy Potter has is doing. I mean, here's a guy's hitting coming on four seventeen. You start to look at the number of hits. He's right at top on that one. The number of RBIs is twenty. He's number one in that category. And he has flat worn out bullpens. He's hitting over four when he's had a chance to get to a bullpen of the opposing team.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers is gonna try and take another series. That's the name of the game. Over the course of one hundred and sixty two you stack wins, and you stack series wins in a win tonight would do just that against the New York Mets. We'll be back a little bit later, Tim with a key from moment.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you Nelly as for counting down to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans, get that game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Justin Rolbuski. We check in with David Vasse throughout the hour. Of course, we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. Coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll have deeper into this pitching matchup right before first pitch. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Keates' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunted on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets on this Tuesday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Nolan McClain the pitching MATCHUF first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewh.
Speaker 3: Well like quiet night at the plate for sho Hey Otania last night. He went o for four with the strikeout. However, Shoei Otani was hitting the back on his right shoulder during his first at bat last night, extending his career best on Bay streak to forty seven games, which is now tied with Ron Say for the fourth longest streak in franchise history. Will also being tied for the second longest on Bay streak in LA Dodger history, trailing only Sean Green.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 3: Kirston now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get ready to hold cards on a today. Your car can be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now at Carsfkids dot org. That's cars with the k Andy pat has Is there anybody hotter to start this twenty twenty six season.
Speaker 10: No, there's actually literally not. He has the best batting average in Major League Baseball, he has, he's number one in hits. He what is first in RBI as well, Like, I don't think there is when it comes to what he has been able to do. And you know what, now we're about what three weeks into the regular season, and we're starting to really see the consistency in what he's done. I think obviously, sometimes when you see players get off to a hot start, you're like, oh, wow, he's on fire right now, but it feels like at some time it's going to cool off. Now, yes it is base on, it's one hundred and sixty two games. He will in fact cool off just a bit. But it does seem like he has made the mechanical changes and he's really put in the work this offseason to make it so that his swing, his pitch selection, everything is in such a better position. And I think what Dave Roberts was saying this afternoon with Andy Piez, if we go back to that game three and Toronto on which the team lost, he had four strikeouts in that game. Then you turn around to game one in the Ranger series, he had a night in which he had three hits, two runs, and just the fact that you have a player who he didn't allow for that four strikeout game to become a snowball effect, and that is very telling us to where he is mentally, where he's at physically, and just a continuation of the praise of the work that he put in this offseason.
Speaker 3: Justin Robleski talking about a guy putting in work last night eight shutout any of my.
Speaker 10: Goodness, literally, my goodness. He had a remarkable performance on the mound and for him, even just how he was navigating through this Met's lineup, he kind of he primarily was going fastball, yeah, fastball, slider, And even with that, you know, when you look at what he was able to achieve in October, the four shutout innings of work out of the bullpen and relief, and we just really saw his confidence continue to grow on that back end of the regular season as well as the postseason last year. And the mindset was very much, you know, just go out there, attack, attack, at even if you're a starter, attack, attack, attack. You don't want to allow yourself to ease into games, and we saw Justin do that from the beginning. He was efficient, The stuff was effective how he was playing. He of course continued to praise Will Smith in the game that Will called and was finding. You know, He's like, you know, honestly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The stuff was playing well. Yes, he did mixing a few curve balls here and there, but the fact that majority of his usage is one of was essentially two pitches, the fastball or the slider. It was just so telling us to where he was, how he was feeling on the mound. You know, he was asked if there was a conversation to go back out there for the ninth inning, and he said, you know, obviously the decision that Dave Roberts the organization makes, he was absolutely trusting. So there wasn't a conversation. But he did say that he feels that, you know, that's something that is a young pitcher like him you have to earn and he wants to earn that. And I think that was so telling us to who he is as a man, who is as an athlete, and how he does want to be in that position to continue to grow as a top pitcher in this league so that he has the opportunity to have a complete game, because he does still value those types of things.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 3: From last year's postseason out of the bullpen to now it's starter, Justin Robleski has certainly earned everything. Cur's that we appreciate. We'll check out with you after the game is still to come. Here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vatte goes one on one whip speak of the devil Justin Robleski. But up next we get you an injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts in his pregame thoughts. We lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Tuesday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Nowork, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 1: Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night. Is we are leading you up to Dodgers and the New York Mets, Yoshinoba Yup, Nolan McClain. The pitching matchup Morongo Casino Resorting Spy a Grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at seven tens.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts on the IEL with the right oblique train.
Speaker 3: Davids say, had a chance to catch up with MOOKI you're gonna hear from that conversation coming up in just a few minutes. Ben Casparraus on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Tommy Edmond Blake snell A Bruce Dark graderl Kiky Hernandez landing that, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips All on the IL. Rock Stewart on the IL. He's actually making a minor league rehab appearance today in a ball out in Ontario with the tower buzzers, so his first time throwing to a hitter down in ab Also, he is training in the right direction. Let's head back out to the stadium and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 1: Anything else, Dave do you think? Questions for Dave Dave. Can you just describe Dave.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with.
Speaker 11: Dave Roberts, the way he's going about it, there's consistency of work. His demeanor is consistent, which he's always kind of like that. I like the you know, the internal insight. I think that he's swinging at the right pitches. The plate discipline has gotten a lot better, the quality of contact better, ability to hit all fields is real, and so I think that, Yeah, like I said last night, he's not going to hit four hundred, but I do think that the production of what he's doing, I think there's some consistencies there.
Speaker 10: There's a perfect example of that when he had that four strikeout game in Toronto but was able to turn the page quickly in the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, you know, because I think certainly with young players, you sort sometimes a tend a spiral as a game speeds up. You know, one bad game turned into four bad games, and he was able to write the ship pretty quickly and just kind of stay to the fundamentals and basics and got a big hit that next day and just kind of went from there.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's a manager Dave Roberts. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on a Deck, well check in with David Vesta, who again had a chance to catch up with Mookie Vetts.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna want to miss that. As we lead you up to first.
Speaker 3: Pitch Dodgers and Mets from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to Dodgers in the New York Mets on this Tuesday night, Yamamoto, Nolan McClain. The pitching matchup a good one. First pitch is seventy ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Pato, born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces.
Speaker 4: To your table El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This his Dodger insider David ba.
Speaker 3: All right, DV we mentioned a few minutes ago, you had a chance to catch up with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: How's he doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we saw him doing some agility drills out there with strength and conditioning coach Travis Smith, and as he came off the field, I figured, since the team's going on the road after tomorrow's game, nobody has really spoken to Mookie since he first went on the IL in Toronto, and he was pretty candid with where he's at in the rehab process.
Speaker 12: I'm able to throw run, I feel it, but it's not that bad. I haven't started hitting yet, but we're doing.
Speaker 4: Like medball throws.
Speaker 12: So we want to get fully comfortable with like throwing the med ball and like not having really any hesitation with that before we start swinging, just because I don't want to start developing bad habits because I'm scared to swing, you know so. But I mean, with all that being said, I mean things are going great. I mean, it's just an oblique and it's gonna take It's gonna take time.
Speaker 5: Do you only do you feel it still in everyday life or just in certain movements.
Speaker 12: No, just when I start doing like sports stuff, I mean everyday life, no, is way better. And I mean now it's now, I'm pretty normal. It's just when I get here and I start having to do like sports specific.
Speaker 4: Stuff, is when I start feeling it.
Speaker 12: And it's not that it hurts. I mean, it's not that it hurts.
Speaker 4: It's just that you feel it.
Speaker 12: And the more you you don't really want to you don't want to feel it because the more you feel it, it's it's the means it's still healing, and any quick movements from there can just re reinjurre and then it's them We're in a much worse spot.
Speaker 5: So, like the Dodgers said at the very beginning of all this, and we all know this with past athletes injuries with obliques, you gotta be extra careful not to rush it because it can make it a lot worse. And the Dodgers keep rolling even without Mookie bets And look, the Dodgers are headed to den for a four game series starting Friday night. That's not a place for any injuries. So certainly Mookie will not be on the next road trip, and we'll see where he's at when the Dodgers return home after this seven game trip.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor trends of North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallen at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. I was listening to Dodge Talk last night. David, and you tease the pitching matchup for a ton I was like, man Yamamoto, Noelan McClain, what a great outing tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Austin Barnes, the former Dodger, was in camp with the Mets this spring training and he was raving about catching McLean's bullpens and even some live BPS. He said, he's the closest thing that he has seen to Yama Moto, So we'll see how good he is tonight. Nolan McLain, by the way, has an exceptional curveball. In forty at bats against his curveball hitters, I have only had three hits and have struck out twenty eight times, so this should be more of a pitcher's duel. But a lot of times we feel that way and it goes off the rail, Yamamoto. He has his resume speaks for itself. So Nolan McLain twenty four years old was part of Team USA's World Baseball Classic rotation. Everybody believes this guy is the truth, and everybody at Dodgers Stadium and listening tonight will be able to find out how he does against the best lineup in baseball.
Speaker 4: Should be a good one.
Speaker 3: Yamamoto on the mountain to start off this game at the top of the first end.
Speaker 4: David, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: They We'll be back in just a couple of minutes with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiners still to come as well, and he's gonna go one on one with Justin Robleski. Don't go anywhere. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. When we return, though, we're gonna get your Dodgers Magical moment.
Speaker 4: Lean you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: As we mentioned, great pitching matchup, Yamamoto McClain Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Mets, first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 3: All the action right here on the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to the Dodgers and Mets. Yeshobu Yamamoto Nolan mcclank. Great pitching matchup coming up Game two of this three game set.
Speaker 4: First pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 9: I here.
Speaker 1: Dog, who wants a hot cut? It's time for the Hawfey Magical.
Speaker 6: Moment pitch magical presssion by Hawfy hot jobs.
Speaker 3: With the Dodgers taking on the Mets, we go back to April twenty first, twenty twenty four, as the Dodgers were taken on the Metsu at the Ravine Show, Hey Otani, its home run number one and seventy six.
Speaker 2: Nothing won the count on Otani lux leading off, first thought about going stage?
Speaker 13: You know, Tani turns on the ball deep bright field into the pavilion, halfway up the pavilion.
Speaker 4: Nobody boo.
Speaker 13: They just watched it fly a two run homer for show. Hey, old Tony, It's tune up.
Speaker 4: In Dodgers Show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani with that home run back in twenty twenty four, number one, seventy six of his career, passing a DECKI mad sue for the most by a Japanese.
Speaker 4: Born Major League player.
Speaker 3: This Hofey magical moment brought to you by a Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so Great. Will we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner, so leading you up to first Bitch.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kase is a back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers take it out of the New York Mets, Game two of this three game series. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, Nolan McClain pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Time Now for the Verizon.
Speaker 3: Startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. Hand things off to Charlie Steinner.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim. The Dodgers keep rolling right along. They've won eight of their last ten, twelve to four on the year. During the last ten games, the Dodgers, as hot as they've been, have outscored their opponents seventy two to thirty nine, and the Mets appear to be lost at sea. They've lost six in a row, during which time they've been outscored thirty four to nine. But the big story last night MOOE was Robleski. Two hits, struck out two, didn't walk anybody through ninety pitches, sixty four for strikes, a career high eight innings. It was the longest journey by any Dodgers starters so far this season.
Speaker 9: He and the most efficient start that we have so far this season. And I think one of the biggest things I talked about it last night during the ballgame, he understood look challenged some hitters, make them put the ball into play and trust the defense. And the defense behind him was absolutely superb, and in particular with a lead off a tenth for a base hit in the top of the second inning, just a marvelous play by Rojas at shortstop and it was a highlight type of a film. And then the two ground bowl double plays to help the Dodgers pitching get out of difficulties. But I thought last night Robleski really set the tone. And if you're looking for someone now in that number five starting spot, oh what a nice lefty to have in there. If he continues to go as he did last night.
Speaker 7: And got some help from Tanner Scott, who, by the way, again was just sixteen games into the season. He's beginning to look like the Tanner Scott of two years ago and not less.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, and he's done a very good job, and he kind of settles in one of them, not very quickly, un Rubleski and I just looked at a note that I wrote down last night at the end of the ball game. You know, as well as he pitched, he had only two strikeouts, there were only four swings in misses, but the pitches were in such quality in location that a lot of ground balls they were fourteen outs when Robeski was in the ballgame last night, over his eight innings, fourteen outs that were attributed to ground balls that were hit to the infielders. He's simply it was. It was more than just dialing for dollars. I mean, he was dialing for outs and he got them career.
Speaker 7: High eight innings and only ninety pitches in his journey. One of the stories we were talking about last night before and during the game, the competing payrolls the Dodgers and the Mets roughly put it all together, about eight hundred million dollars worth of people out there. So I was looking at the Dodgers now, and they're forty man roster. Well, the Dodgers have twelve free agents, twelve players acquired by way of trade, and twelve homegrown players like Robleski Paz, Will Smith, Dalton Rushing, Alex Freelan emn She and Jack Dryer. Kyle Hurt, by the way, Kyle Hurt came over from the Marlins along with Alex Vesia. So it's the Dodgers aren't just buying players, They're putting a unit together, one through Ford.
Speaker 9: And I think the other part too, is and this is something that you and I have talked about over a number of years. It's one thing to say, hey, look we need and you can fill in the position. Let's say, for example, hey we need a second basement. Hey we need a left fielder, and you start to look at position players that could fill that bill. Well, you may have five or six is hey look at these numbers, Oh we need a guy you know, have those numbers and play second base or left field, whatever it may be. But the bottom line is the Dodgers make decisions on not only just the numbers, who's going to fit into our ball club, who's going to buy into the dedication and the expectations that it's more than just play a ball game. Now, I told Dave Roberts this the other day. Your team doesn't just show up to play a game. Your teams show up to win ball games. And that's very essential when you're selecting the people in their mental makeup.
Speaker 7: And through the first sixteen games of the season, not a day goes by where we can't talk about show Hey and Piz. Of course, show Hey very first inning he walked instead at his consecutive game streak to get on base forty seven straight all sixteen this year.
Speaker 1: Next on the.
Speaker 7: All time list for Otani, we Willie Keeler fifty consecutive games between nineteen hundred and nineteen oh one, and show Hey with the forty seven straight next on the list this year in Major League Baseball, Bryce terrang at nineteen games. And then there's Piez. Every night it seems like A he's flitting the back clearly on the ball and b in big situation, and of course, the three run home run last night game, set and match.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I found some numbers on pie Hens today too. First of all, he's a top. If you look at all the hitters he has, you know, the twenty five hits. If you look at the RBIs, he has twenty that's on the tops. And then he is flat out worn out bullpens because against relief pitchers this year, he's hitting at for eighty three. By the way, that is also the best average of any player in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the majors with twenty five hits twenty RBIs. Doesn't matter if he's a right handed pitcher or a left handed pitcher. Against right eas he's hitting four forty four against left east he's struggling four hundred Dodgers and Mets lineups and first pitch coming out ten.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends at Citio Ho Preparation, precision, an unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do.
Speaker 4: That's what makes them a champion.
Speaker 3: It makes everybody a champion at cityo Hope, that commitment having one focus crying cancer, City of Hope, Champions of Hope.
Speaker 4: I today at Citio Hope dot Org. Still to come here.
Speaker 3: I'm rock with Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch, We'll get you a previous this pitching matchup, We'll get you the keys of the game. But I'm next to go high and tight with the guy who went eight shutout Indians last night.
Speaker 4: Justin Earlebleski, don't go anywhere. That's next. We leads up to Dodgers.
Speaker 3: And Mets on this Tuesday night on Tim Kas' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mets on this Tuesday night. You Oshanova, y, I'm amoo, and Nolan McClain. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 4: What are you doing for dinner?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shaky's Pizza Parlor the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearments is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Everybody wants a piece now. Everybody knows where Justin Robleski's locker now is in the Dodger Clubhouse after a great pitch game, Justin, thanks a lot for remembering the little people. I know there's a big crowd around your locker right now. I appreciate the time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, it's for Tanner, right next to Tanner's locker. That's what it's for.
Speaker 5: I love upsetting Tanner Scott, and that's why we're doing this interview right here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we need to probably do it in front of his locker instead.
Speaker 5: No comment, no comment. I mean, this guy loves to hate. He's so jealousy.
Speaker 13: Because you said show me that beautiful bald head, and I hit him with the please show me that beautiful two pey.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to.
Speaker 14: Get Tanner some fampoo, but he's not a.
Speaker 1: Maybe just lotion.
Speaker 5: Well, here we go. Hey, Tanner, since you're here, what'd you think about what Robleski did last night? Since you closed the game out.
Speaker 12: For him, I honestly thought he was going back out me too, I mean, would you go ninety?
Speaker 1: I was ready.
Speaker 5: Efficient, very efficient.
Speaker 2: Hey three like five pitch innings maybe it was eight eight.
Speaker 14: Six for uh five six seven.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, keep going, that's what we need.
Speaker 5: I actually talked to Miguil Rojas after the game last night, and it seemed like he was really excited that you kept your infielders engaged, you work quick, and kept those guys involved.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that's, you know, that's the key to to you know, getting deep into games. I think you watched a lot of the guys that that pitch quicker, and when you're throwing strikes like that, it's just a tack mote against the hitters, and I think it creates a level of discomfort with the hitters. And I think we have more of an advantage now than even in past years because of the pitch clock and everything else. And they only get one time out, so if you're just filling up his own and they're putting in playing getting out, I think it's it's just more uncomfortable on them. So I think that's and then yeah, like you said, it keeps them fielers engaged and keeps everybody you know, ready to go. So yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: With that being said, you're a guy that came up through the miners with the pitch clock, do you feel like you have a better understanding on how to use that to your advantage?
Speaker 14: I would say, I'd say it's been something that you've kind of had to learn. It's just like a I don't know, it's it's a little nuanced. I don't think it's anything that's like super game breaking or game changing. But I think definitely for a guy like myself who likes to work quick, it's it's a little lot better because in college, like I'd be working quick and having a good outing and then you know everyone's like time and it's just calling three timeouts in at bad and you know it gets a little annoying and they can't do that anymore. So that's that's kind of a good part for me. But other than that, it's just a matter of you know, knowing how much time you need between pitches and kind of using it more of as like you know, how to get a breather. Then some of these guys do, like like Framber for example, stand there and stare at the ground for a while and try to get the hitter to get into the box late, which honestly credit to them. I think it's it's a smart thing to do if you can do it right, But I don't have the patience for that. So it's it's there's there's little games within the game you can do with it. But I'm more so just happy that we have it because it keeps me working quick and it keeps it to where the game can't get stalled if you're if you're cruising.
Speaker 5: So it's fair to say that you're a rhythm picture, especially with the new setup that you have where you're straddling the mound the rubber.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'd say I'd say I've always been that kind of way. It's just, you know, I think for the most part, all of us are that way. It's just once you get into a groove and are feeling it and feel good, I think you want to just keep going and go as quickly as you can. But yeah, i'd say definitely, I'm definitely more of a rhythm guy.
Speaker 5: I guess the obvious question is today, how is Justin Robleski feeling after throwing more innings than you ever have in your professional career?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I feel good, I feel good. I feel normally I'm a day two shortness guy. So we'll see how I feel tomorrow. But today I feel pretty good. I feel like I'm not gonna throw them all to day. But I have an extra day this week, so why would I, you know, take a little spat day. Watch you I'm my throw a gym tonight and and sit back.
Speaker 5: When you talk about wanting to go back out there for the ninth inning, do you have any say? Did you have any chance to plead your case?
Speaker 14: I'd like to think I did not. You know, I think from a from a perspective of health and everything else, I've that was the first time ever going eight ups in my life, so I think from from that perspective, it was the right decision out of them. But like I said last night, I just kind of want to build off that and do it, do it more and more time, so that if we're in that situation again, it's there's no question, it's I'm going back out for the ninth inning and we'll see where we get from there. Hopefully, hopefully I can get that opportunity again. Obviously those outings are pretty hard to get to nowadays. But you know, obviously the goal is always to go as hard as you can as long as you can, and if that ends up being a complete game, that's that's even better.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you could share this with us now, but when you're facing a team that's struggling offensively as much as the Mets are, does that go into your game planning before the game, as far as attacking the strike zone to dare them to hit it.
Speaker 4: No, I personally don't.
Speaker 14: Really look at a lot of that stuff is because you know, all these guys are good hitters, and that's a really good team over there, especially against lefties. So I just kind of view it how they have hit left these over the past two years, year and a half, and that's kind of how I go into my game planning, is you know how how they are and what their tendencies are and kind of what kind of hitters they are. But at the end of the day, as a starter, it's it's less about a game plan and more about just kind of feeling the game as you go through it. And that's kind of something I've learned, you know, bouncing back and forth and doing all this, is that out of as a as a starter, you can kind of your game plan is more fluid than it is like setting like setting stones, So that's it's pretty cool. It's a lot of fun to face these really good lineups and yeah, just see how you can navigate them and just attack.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski has a lot of swagger, a lot of confidence in himself. One of my favorite scenes when they panned into the dugout a few different times. You were stalking that dugout like a lion stalking its prey. What was going through your mind when you're stalking that dugout pacing up and down.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 14: Once we get the two outside, just getting the dug out, and I'm not gonna I can't sit down, Like well, I've already done my sitting down. So once it gets the two outside, go on the dugout and I'm that's.
Speaker 1: Just it's just me.
Speaker 14: It's just how I do it. It's just what happens. I don't really think about it or try to, but it's just kind of what happens that I'm just ready to go back out there and pitch.
Speaker 4: So that's this kind of me getting ready to go.
Speaker 5: Hey, love it. You just keep stacking those chips. The World Series last year and now what you did last night, Sky's limit for you. Thanks a lot for the time, and thank you for squeezing me in amongst all your new fans.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thanks da, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: There he goes.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank and upscale relaxed spot with a great bar and great steaks. Great people, especially after you pitch eight scoreless sinnings in a game. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of dv Justin Robleski dealing last night with those eight shut out Any Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclode Field, the Dodgers, Dandium.
Speaker 4: Visit uniclode dot.
Speaker 3: Com slash us as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Mettum. Next we'll break down this pitching match. But what a pitching matchup. It is two of the best arms in baseball going at it tonight, Dodgers and Mets. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball hits.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and the Mets on this Tuesday night. Great pitching matchup from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Nolan McLain on the mound for the Mets, one and one with the two seventy ERA, twenty four year old right hander, third round pick of the Mets in twenty twenty three out of Oklahoma State. He was a two way player in college. Drafted as a two way player, but the Mets made him a pitcher only. He's been really good fastball, sinker, sweeper and a nasty curveball. Made his major League debut last year, pitched in eight games. He went five to one with the two h six ERA fifty seven strikeouts over forty eight innings. He represented Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. That's where you probably recognize the name Nolan McClain because he pitched in the WBC for Team USA. Making his fourth start this season last time out six and a third innings, two runs, three hits, eight strikeouts, and actually took a loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks. He's going up against Yoshinobu Yamamoto, two and one with a two p fifty era twenty seven year old right hander making his fourth start this year. Last time out six innings, one run, five hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Blue Jays last Tuesday in Toronto. He faced the Mets just once in the regular season. It was April of last year. He went six innings. He gave up four runs, three earned seven hits, including a home run, a walk, and struck out nine, but got no decision. This will be his first start against the Mets in the Dodger Stadium since the NLCS, so it's Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Nolan McClain the pitching matchup. The Dodgers come in first place in the nl West at twelve and four. There are two games up over the San Diego Padres, so don't look now. They're right on the dodgers heels, having won now five in a row. Meanwhile, in the New York Mets are struggling in the NL East seven to ten, last place in the division and they are riding a six game losing street. The Dodgers would like to make it seven. Coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: As we are.
Speaker 3: Fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to the Dodgers and New York Mets. Dodgers first place NL WES Mets, last place in the NL East. Dodgers looking to extend that losing streak for the New York Mets the seven straight games. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Nolan McLain the pitching matchup two of the best right handed arms in all of baseball.
Speaker 4: So we get you ready for the start of the game.
Speaker 3: With a Sapporo Start A great Moments start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch on this Tuesday night. Let's head back out to the booth the final check in with the two guys on the call tonight, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, tim first pitch from Yoshinobu Yamamoto is coming up in a little bit here at Dodgers Stadium against Nolan McLean. He is a ridiculously talented young right hander, same alma mater as last night's Dodger starter, Justin Robleski MacLean from Oklahoma State University. And this is a guy Moe who can spin the heck out of the baseball. So give me a Keith tonight for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Well, the key tonight is don't give up on the breaking balls too soon. I say that because of the spin rate and the amount of break that the pitches have. Don't give up too soon. If you're the hitter. How about these numbers. Lefties have hitched just one fourteen, right handers have hitched just one eighty two. He's allowed just one home run so far. But here's the deal. On the sweeping breaking bolt, it's breaking over twenty one inches Laterally on the sinker, it is dipping down seventeen and a half inches on top of it. So you're getting a lot of movement, and I think for a guy that throws the movement, will the Dodgers maybe move up a little bit more in the batter's box and when they think about going up the middle more often, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, just to put it into context him as to get it back to you, twenty one inches of glove side break on the sweeper and then about eighteen inches of armside run on the sinker. That's a thirty nine inch difference from one side to the other. That has to be nightmares for hitters. Hopefully the Dodgers can take it to Nolan McClain here in Game two of the series, which gets under way shortly.
Speaker 3: All right, first pitch right around the corner. Dodgers looking to keep the winning going, win the series with a win tonight, wrap up this homestand tomorrow on Jackie Robinson Day, and then a day off before a four game wrap around series in Colorado beginning on Friday. Don't forget David Beastie's got your cover with all the postgame highlights, reaction from the clubhouse, the manager Dave Roberts. Then, of course Dodger Talk as well. That's coming up after this one great pitching matchup coming up Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Nolan McClain dueling it out, Dodgers and Metsen.
Speaker 4: Joining everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates and this is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network