Speaker 1: I'm absolutely again, I would say Ricky Williams, Neil I might put I think I would, but I'm older than you guys. I think i'd put herschel Walker as far as best running backs in college I ever saw. I put herschel first. That's before you guys' time. Bo Jackson as well. It's great. But for me, when I think best college running back I ever saw, it's herschel.
Speaker 2: Walker I ever seen better than Reggie's. Yeah, yeah, that's what I feel about Reggie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, it's weird, man, It's weird anywhere there.
Speaker 3: You go, Hi, mad Hi, I'm sorry, I'm like slightly obsessed with trying to find this the stat of Ricky Williams when he played us, I think in ninety eight, ninety eight at Case State, and I can't the Pro Football Reference site.
Speaker 4: I'll help you out. Close the yearbook, Tommy, you know who you was?
Speaker 2: Running back ever size college football? La Maroni and Barber.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, you're not even kidding.
Speaker 1: No, he's gonna tell you something. Fellas.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 4: They were great.
Speaker 2: They were to tell you guys something that was running back to of all time.
Speaker 1: They let us down against Michigan. That's all I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Say career low forty three rushing yards. It says found on twenty five carries. Yeah, oh, twenty five carries forty three yards.
Speaker 4: September nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Eight, did you guys win?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think we won forty eight to seven.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, huts.
Speaker 5: Down, Oh dude, we must have murdered rage that Wow, maybe dick because she looked at that film before.
Speaker 2: Giving up a draft and a have to get him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, God, what was the planing Schneider just schemed disassed in he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know. It's so long ago. I don't even know what the plan was. All I know is like he he couldn't even get a full head of speed, Like we would just be in the backfield the whole time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 5: He ran for when he played for Miami, he ran for eighteen hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Do you remember his advisor? It was orange?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gosh, it was cool. Sixteen touchdowns, eighteen hundred yards.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wear those visors, man, I sweat so much that it was like I needed windshield wipers.
Speaker 4: They look so cool.
Speaker 1: I wore for one half of one game and I couldn't see. I had to take it off durty half time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Wore for one half of one game, I think. Yeah, when I was playing playing against Oakland and they and the guy's stupid fat finger offensive lineman ripped my contact out because he's still I wanted to get.
Speaker 2: Both of them out. That sucks and like a half piece goes behind it.
Speaker 3: Oh my left eye. The contact ripped out, and so I'm like, you're on the sideline with your dirty grubby.
Speaker 2: I should introduce you to a doctor Mark globan Offen, Doctor David.
Speaker 1: You got to it back in time, but it's not impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that I had to wear Advisor like and I was like, this is the worst.
Speaker 1: I can't see.
Speaker 2: Man, it was so cool though, there was so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look cool. They still look cool.
Speaker 2: It's like, Judge Dread were you at that game, the Michigan game? Is that why you bring that up?
Speaker 1: Yes, Corey and uh Superstar and I all went to that game at the Metro Dome.
Speaker 6: God, everyone talks. If that game goes the other way, Mason's probably still here.
Speaker 2: Change Butterfly Pat we were woven. That was at the game where like a duel. Klik ran for like that fifty yard touchdown like that was that we thought it was the clincher and then it wasn't. Well Maroney went for like two twenty.
Speaker 1: That we beat them to.
Speaker 2: I mean we had him on the road.
Speaker 6: You're up twenty twenty eight seven going into the fourth quarter, and they came back and beat.
Speaker 2: Us, say two oh three. Yeah, it was very early power hearts was.
Speaker 4: That the car my car?
Speaker 6: And then Jake Long was out at left tackle, Chad Henny I want to say it was a quarterback that.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously they were.
Speaker 4: Run. It was so fun. The dome was right. We thought we had it.
Speaker 6: We thought they had my dad's team in a suite. I've told his story before. And then I was watching with all those guys, all these old guys, and they.
Speaker 2: Were apart, like they were so amped, and then they all just left heartbreak. Yeah, they lost thirty eight five.
Speaker 1: I still that's that. Yeah, that was a depressing walking out of that That's stadium.
Speaker 6: That and then like when the punter dropped the ball against Scott Wisconsin, You.
Speaker 4: Know, can I just pause bets? Seriously do you have to do that?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: In three NFL games. Apparently I met Ricky Williams team's three times head to head. His team went three, and oh, I was scoring ninety three to twenty. And then he includes a picture of not me, but Brady Papinga playing for the Rams wearing my number fifty one. I did not wear number fifty one far. And then so he just finds a white guy with a white guy would be why you wearing number fifty one?
Speaker 4: That ain't me? That's but yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, football, I love it. I'm so glad.
Speaker 3: Have the Gophers always been known as a team that has great running.
Speaker 2: Backs given most part? Yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 5: Your tradition, right, but when you don't have quarterbacks, you gotta have something.
Speaker 6: Running running the ball most of the time, like other than like Pj's era is.
Speaker 2: But like you look at Pj's.
Speaker 6: Era, he has Mo and then now he's Darius, so yeah, like most of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Cobb Bronco, I mean, if you want to go Eryld Thompson, right, Keryl Thompson.
Speaker 2: The Barber Maroni, they were great, they were so good. Who's the one we had right after Maroney and Barber?
Speaker 6: Team man Thomas to pay to pay scoring.
Speaker 2: In the league A ton I remember that, but for the Eagles, right, he was a freak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he ever played high school football either, Like he started his senior year playing football and then they turned into it.
Speaker 2: So he did play high school but just at the last second. But I know what you mean, the last second jumped on.
Speaker 4: So we did play Tummy's or yeah, Duwan Bennett.
Speaker 2: You guys probably don't remember that name. He was good.
Speaker 4: He was a freshman All American.
Speaker 6: Mo Mo was theo still has a single season Russian achred in my senior year?
Speaker 4: What what up?
Speaker 1: Rodney Smith?
Speaker 4: Rodney Smith hot rods so good?
Speaker 2: God, he was good. But yeah, Cob I'm partial, but he's my favorite.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Maroni and Barber were like that was like Cadillac Williams and who else.
Speaker 2: At Auburn because they were there together. Yeah together.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, guys, I mean and and maybe I don't know how. This was twenty eighteen to twenty twenty two. Mo Ibrahim he ran for forty six hundred and sixty eight total yards in his career. His senior year he ran for sixteen hundred and sixty five yards and twenty touchdowns in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: He's a coach down with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's running becks coach.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that cool? Did he?
Speaker 1: Did he even try NFL? I'm sorry I was with the.
Speaker 4: Lions for a half a second. Okay, Yeah, he was banged up by the end of his time.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It was number two on the all time rushing list for a year Golden Gophers. So is that Darryl Thompson?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: What eighty six to eighty nine forty six hundred and fifty four yards he went in his four years? He went thirteen seventy six as the freshman, twelve twenty nine as a sophomore, nine to ten as a junior, eleven thirty nine as a senior. He had thirteen touchdowns as a sophomore.
Speaker 2: Wow, little beef, what a freak.
Speaker 1: He was something else? Man, man, his senior year was my senior year in high school?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Got him?
Speaker 2: Old, No, you're not, you're handsome.
Speaker 4: So how about this?
Speaker 5: What fourteen twenty four in the fourth quarter, Michigan scored on a ten yard pass.
Speaker 4: You like my dad.
Speaker 5: Minute later, thirty four yard interception return three minutes later, Michigan Braylan Edwards fifty two yard pass.
Speaker 2: I remember that they scored three times in like three minutes.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, one name we forgot Thomas Hamner.
Speaker 2: Yep, freaking yeah, who yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I've ever heard of ninety ninety ran for fourteen hundred yards as a.
Speaker 2: God, that's great.
Speaker 1: I just lost darks. That's when I first moved here.
Speaker 2: Gopher history. This is like my dream dark, your brother Gopher's dream two hours ago. So this is the makeup.
Speaker 4: Yep, God, that's fun.
Speaker 1: Marion Barber Junior and Marion Barber Senior both in the top ten.
Speaker 2: How about that? Yeah, barbera senior played with my dad.
Speaker 4: He was a freak.
Speaker 6: I think they're the first family of Gopher football at the Barbers tell us redman, I forgot that name.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my gosh, man, what a free keep going. This is like all time Tommy's close. Yeah, this is like football peor huh.
Speaker 1: This is so good as your top ten? That's all I add?
Speaker 4: Who's number one?
Speaker 2: Cobs number one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Got it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Ibraham was number one man single season.
Speaker 1: All right, do you guys want to nails?
Speaker 4: Well? Quick? Sure?
Speaker 1: Beloved, say about Saints. It's the responsor.
Speaker 8: This is KM News with Chris Hockey. It's presented by the Saint Paul Sat.
Speaker 1: They'll be back soon at chs Field Saints Baseball dot com the twenty fifth of this month. They'll be back Cats take us out. Saints Baseball dot com. Good morning, guys, morning, good morning, good morning. YouTube is making it harder for creators to earn money on their site. In order to get AD revenue, creators now need to have eight thousand qualified watch hours over the past twenty I'm sorry, over the past year, or twenty million qualified shorts over the last three months, double the old requirement. In case you're somebody makes money off of YouTube.
Speaker 4: Zach, are we in that category? We're getting there.
Speaker 1: I bet we are.
Speaker 4: So who's getting that money again? Well, I think you got to sign up or something for it.
Speaker 2: But who gets it? Let's say we get over that line. Who gets that money?
Speaker 4: No idea?
Speaker 2: Man on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Just stay right there, Zach.
Speaker 1: Just stay right there. Oh, no man. Three states are set to carry out executions today, marking the first time three inmates have been put to death in the same day in sixteen years the good old days. Alabama scheduled executed. Dude, Uh how Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Hey? Are we going lethal injections across the board?
Speaker 1: All three? Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: What did these gentlemen do stuff?
Speaker 1: I'd rather not tell you about that bad Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're getting excid Tennessee. Yeah, did you drive buy Talladega?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, maybe you didn't hear when we were talking about this earlier. Tommy wants to know the Uh yeah, my car snack breaks down on the car ride. Was it good?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Uh no, it was fine. I I I'm kind of disappointed to myself that I did.
Speaker 4: Not go crazy am on on the snacks.
Speaker 3: You know, I got the jerky, of course, then I got a bag of popcorn?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: Like, Tommy, you're in a jerky on car rides? Right? Yeah, you guys, some things are meant stop saying you guys. Stop seeing it on the air.
Speaker 1: By the way, Uh you know what's uh, I'm making a comeback in the old hockey householder bugles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just original bugles. Yeah, garbage flavor crack. The regular ones so good. The garbage flavor bugles suck. No, they're actually pretty good. Regular They're all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we put the bugles in our little Christmas checks mix the y Christmas.
Speaker 4: What's better than that? Oh my god, it's like crack. And I don't know why you year round.
Speaker 1: Like too much.
Speaker 2: So you can throw a sweaterirtwn you know, because you feel less.
Speaker 4: You know, But you would edit the word fat ye that that word, that word. There's a lot of blanks.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no I meant I meant yeah, he censored it.
Speaker 4: Smart.
Speaker 2: But like when you because you eat like because they're usually like a a tin, they're never in like a bag.
Speaker 3: No, well, we we make all the big batches and put them in like big ziplock bags and then they basically just stay open. You make and puppy ch that that then sits outside so it's frozen.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 3: We put that on a balcony right outside of our kitchen and then it's just like a big silver bowl with a little plastic wrap over the time.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous.
Speaker 4: And then I feel like.
Speaker 2: I'm always full during Christmas time.
Speaker 4: All the time. That's not shocking at all.
Speaker 6: But then you look at your pictures, like what's worse than looking at like when the family gatherings Christmas, Like when you're in the.
Speaker 2: Summer times because you're you're like pale. Yeah, you don't have a jaw line. You just look you usually have like a rash because you broke.
Speaker 3: Keep your.
Speaker 2: Now we got derailed because we tracked jokes about you eating jerky? So what did you do on this trip?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: We didn't get to your snacks? There we got we got, we got top.
Speaker 4: My snacks selection wasn't great.
Speaker 3: You know what I you know what I found because I'm I kind of wore myself out of eating sunflower seeds over the over your lifetime because.
Speaker 2: You cory it just swallow hole you a little bit of studdy crew around the way out, holding on for your life.
Speaker 3: But I was in that section, It's like, oh god, I want something like salty whatever. So David the company makes the pumpkin seeds.
Speaker 2: Had that sounds good?
Speaker 3: A plus A plus like do you make pumpkin seeds during Halloween like a scrap it put in the lowryes or whatever?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Outstanding really so now you can just like have pumpkin seeds on the road. Thought that anyway, Uh, that was my haul. It wasn't much, but Wellseyes, well.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's heaven on earth. As a kid, and I that's something I could talk to him about.
Speaker 4: Eleventh grade.
Speaker 6: You walk into a gas station, Dad's there buying.
Speaker 3: So before the trip, before the trip started, it was he was telling what he's like, I get, you know, I get to sit in the front seat for part of the trip. And when they're like no, they argue back and forth. So he starts off in the back seat. Now we have this whole car packed full of it, right, all this stuff. So he's like, he's like in this little cocoon of stuff. He's got stuff all around him, he has he has a pillow, he's got his blanket or whatever. Road So we only get about six hours the first night.
Speaker 4: We spend the night. So then the next the next day we're driving a few.
Speaker 3: Hours driving a driving and and uh, I eventually go after we stopped, I said, you want to swap, you want to sit up front?
Speaker 4: And he's like no, no, why he goes, I love it back then.
Speaker 3: Created this little one, this little pod, and all around him was one.
Speaker 4: It was and everything's open.
Speaker 2: He's just one thing.
Speaker 1: And he.
Speaker 3: Had a giant bag of like I don't think it was Guardetto's, but it was a checks mix, a giant bag by his feet.
Speaker 4: He had a thing a gummy gummy.
Speaker 2: Bag got nerds clusters and if I know he had I think he had.
Speaker 4: Sour Patch kids. Oh god, man, I loved him. I've never I've.
Speaker 3: Met him one time and I love him.
Speaker 4: He was in heaven and he just chilled back.
Speaker 1: For game this year.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask him about this road trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, I don't want a good guy. I don't think he minded a roase trip at all. He wants to go visit every week.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: That is so phone just like constantly plugged in. God, that's so great. Gower Patch. I could go for some sour patch. I gave up candy from the Fourth of Glive and had a piece of candy.
Speaker 4: Good for you? Do you feel different?
Speaker 2: Way better? I was so inflamed. I look at Fourth of July hideous. Really, I don't think you've ever I should have. I should have jumped in the pool. Yeah, I can't even say I phoned out though. I truly want to challenge people. I think I can eat sub sandwiches faster than anybody. My God, you use your hand like what place Jersey Mikes.
Speaker 4: I'll go to to toe with anybody's speed. Guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Put a giant against anybody. I'm in done in a speed even contest, Yeah I do, I do, even without even trying, Like I'm not going against like the hardest competition like cess but likegular you.
Speaker 4: Wait, you and your wife eating competition like.
Speaker 1: She weighs thirteen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like I swear, I'm done with my big giant one before she's even like.
Speaker 4: A couple of bites of the regular size.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel and a small small tell you small as my back. I would hammer anybody. We're not in question.
Speaker 4: I don't think we need to ask small. He trusts you, we don't believe him. I swear you got a roll? I do, oh Man, big boy job?
Speaker 2: All right? All right, Sports with sauce after this, Ben Leber is here.
Speaker 4: Power to morning cho Fan.
Speaker 1: A cheaper machine.
Speaker 4: Confied if the cafe, and.
Speaker 8: Welcome some great shows to the Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Foreigner and Leonard Skinner will be there on August sixteenth. Motley Crew will be there. I guess twenty First, all the details on all of our coming shows the KFE dot com query calendar.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get to sports because we ran really late that last sunk breaking down the news.
Speaker 4: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, Matty.
Speaker 1: My friends at Circa Casino Circuit Casino dot Com book your trip to show me the Power Trip in November for twenty five years in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Love that place, Love it. How about this story? Hawk? A college football story for Let's Go.
Speaker 5: An attorney representing Commander's quarterback Jayden Daniels has informed LSU that it can no longer use his name, image, and likeness. According to an August fifth letter sent to Tiger's athletic director, the Daniels family is deeply disappointed and feels profoundly disrespected by LSU's decision to give Jaden's number to another player. It's weird, right, they gave it to sophomore cornerback DJ Pickett will wear number five this year.
Speaker 4: So he's upset that his jersey did not get retired.
Speaker 5: His number yeah, I guess yeah, he's mad that they gave it. Jaden and his family had every reason to believe that his number would be would remain a meaningful part of LSU's legacy, and would be honored and protected in recognition of his extraordinary contributions to the universe, I say, okay, right, unless he was promised all of that. Right unless LSU said, hey, we're never using your stuff again. That's different than just him assuming it is.
Speaker 2: He just assuming they were never going to use it again because of what he thinks was this legendary career. I guess, yeah, your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 3: I would understand if the lawsuit was, hey, man, you guys, you guys keep using my name, image and likeness in my jersey sales, in your team stores and whatever, with my last name on the back with the number, and if I'm not getting paid for that, even though I'm not at the university, I would say, hey, man, like, you're still making money off of me. Where's my cut? But in this situation, I don't understand. They didn't retire the jersey like you got it. You somebody eventually is going to have to wear that number. And it's not like it has his last name on it. This guy's got his own last name on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jayden made it clear, according to the statement, that he did not want his number given to any other player, and he believed he believed his wishes would be respected.
Speaker 4: What what you played there? What one year? Again I'm on his team or on his side.
Speaker 2: Is if people at LSU flat out promised him this, right like, he like, we're never giving your number away again, and then they immediately did, then I'd be like, dude, you said you weren't using it, but if you just assumed it, this is just like, this is an ego problem.
Speaker 5: To see this number given to another player is incredibly disappointed.
Speaker 2: All right, wow, and it was it.
Speaker 5: Was worn at a pre season practice. I'm not talking about a game, talking about practice. You watch cornback, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah. He didn't come off like.
Speaker 3: That though that But doesn't that just feel like that's all his mom?
Speaker 8: His mom?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a weird relationship. Yeah, I mean she seems like a very smart lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think that she is just getting into a she's mixed herself in a situation where I just don't like, this is not a legal situation that you need to get involved in. You don't need to cause this drama. You don't need to flex your muscle because you're you're smart and you feel like you're protecting your son.
Speaker 1: There's nothing but no there until now. Yeah, you know what I mean that I don't understand. That's weird, man, that's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seems like he would couldn't care care less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got bigger things to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have a full slate of preseason games tonight.
Speaker 1: I got no gig tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah about let's get's all on. I think a lot of them. Are the Packers play tonight, which will be great, that'll be fun. The Links beat the Fire eighty five eighty one. They will battle the Aces on Saturday at seven pm.
Speaker 2: Why are we not there?
Speaker 4: That's a huge game. It's Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm we're the home of the Are we not the home of the Links?
Speaker 2: Why are we not there? Covering?
Speaker 1: Can I go back one story then when you're done with that, Yeah, go ahead. What is ESPN Unlimited?
Speaker 5: ESPN Unlimited is I'm pretty sure is a step above like ESPN LUs.
Speaker 1: Because the Cardinals at Raiders game, which I who cares? But that's not my point. I'm just saying that it's on at seven o'clock Eastern on ESPN Unlimited.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where is it?
Speaker 6: Owned by?
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 8: It's the direct to consumer streaming platform that the ESPN has, So that's the way you can actually get ESPN by just subscribing directly. It's like thirty bucks a month, So instead of having cable to get ESPN, you can get ESPN directly through that.
Speaker 2: That's where like Summer Slam and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm not paying for that. Yeah, will play by the way.
Speaker 2: These guys unbusting with the boys, right, Yeah, what's the guy in the middle's name? Does he not look exactly like Adam Weber?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like exactly, Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: City of Compton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if it was what if ESPN Unlimited was just twenty four hours of mister Unlimited, it was just Russell Wilson doing the morning Show, then Russell Wilson's version of version of Pat mc fee, then like PTI with Russell Wilson debating and Ai Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: You know, it's gonna be really annoying because he's at what CBS now, I think, So, you know, he's gonna be probably pretty good at that job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty smooth, I know, And it's gonna drive me crazy. Yeah, but isn't that the if.
Speaker 2: Speaking of self awareness, let's go back to the Jaden Dangers thing. Isn't that What sucks the most about russ is is he is a really likable guy until he kind of goes off the rails. Right when he loses the self awareness. You're like, well, now, all of a sudden, you suck. But he's good with the media, Like, he's a really good interview I think he's I'm with you. I think he's gonna do really good, which might be really annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna.
Speaker 3: If I didn't if he didn't have if we all didn't have social media, or if social media exists and he just wasn't on it, I would not probably have these opinions about it.
Speaker 2: Might be universally loved if he didn't have social media.
Speaker 3: But he's this one guy that just did not handle social media well, he and his wife, and it is kind of, at least for me, tarnished his reputation.
Speaker 2: Social media again, is a glimpse inside true colors once in a while, right, so you get to unleash your personality a little bit, and it definitely has caused Russell some headaches in the past.
Speaker 5: Hey Hawk, Yeah, man, Damian Woody is leaving ESPNA for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know why you're bringing that up with me.
Speaker 4: I just wanted you to know.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Just say it, you know what you want to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, tell me if you guys can confirm this. Jake on Twitter says Jade and Daniels expected his number not to be used because Joe Burrow's number nine has not been used since he left.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 2: So is that just the standard that LSU quarterbacks just if you're that good? I mean, I still think it's the same problem. It's well still not promised.
Speaker 5: And yeah, Burrow, that's arguably the greatest college football team of all time.
Speaker 3: So I would like to know the depth of what this lawsuit is trying to say. Like, they can't anything LSU puts out, they can't say anything about him and his one year there.
Speaker 1: They're not even allowed to use that number in phone numbers anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so good luck if something bad happened.
Speaker 2: Is it a LAWSUITO or did they just like send him a letter?
Speaker 4: I mean, hold on, I'll go back to the story.
Speaker 2: I've moved on. Sorry, and ESPN says a letter sent to LSU athletic director. So maybe it's just attorney is the attorney attorney.
Speaker 4: So maybe it's one of those.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's one of those nicely warded letters saying if you don't do this, we're going to threaten legal action.
Speaker 1: I'm not happy that you're using my son well back, back, back back, using Jayden's number.
Speaker 4: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry using my client's number. Please stop, all right.
Speaker 2: I saw us in this scenario, in this improv sketch. You're the athletic director from LSU. I would like you to write a letter.
Speaker 1: Respond spons go ahead, tell me when you're ready me go.
Speaker 2: Hold on, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Are the character he's.
Speaker 4: Pulling up a word document. You don't actually have to type it.
Speaker 2: I want you to say it when Chris hits the sound effect, you're not.
Speaker 1: Pulling up a word document.
Speaker 4: That's what you just did, right. I wanted to look up Jamee daniels mom's name so I can respond.
Speaker 1: It's Larry.
Speaker 2: It's Larry Daniels. Okay, dearest Larry Daniels. We find your letter.
Speaker 5: Nicely and we would like to respond by saying, at this moment, we don't have a comment.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you played your order nicely?
Speaker 5: He found it nicely? Hey, and what now we are you don't have it? Happy for all of your son's accomplishments.
Speaker 2: Here you said you don't have a comment. All of these are comments badspace. Please refer to LSU dot com for more information. I got you're touched. If you would like to.
Speaker 4: Chat about this at another time, please text me.
Speaker 2: Thank you. All right, now, let's see if Jaden Daniels Camp wants to respond to that letter.
Speaker 4: He gets to be a text though a text? Did you include your number? No? Okay, so Larry would just have to find it. I think Larry found it.
Speaker 1: M Dear Jaden's people, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: You Hello, how I.
Speaker 4: Find you feeling healthy? Nicely?
Speaker 2: I find you healthy? Okay? Keep going?
Speaker 5: Please stop emailing me. It was one practice. Move on with your life. Close the yearbook.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 2: Seven? You just said stop emailing me? Yeah, and you asked how are you? And it's end. See if it works.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna know if you're going to give response unless you tune back into the parture after this break.
Speaker 4: How are you from the one eight hundred? Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Fresh.
Speaker 8: Can't Fan Street Team this summer. Then redeem it at all of America for discounts and exciting prizes. Check out up coming events at campaign dot comic the keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been running late all day today and we can't wait another moment to get to Vikings.
Speaker 4: News on the Power Trip presented. That's right.
Speaker 1: So Kyler spoke yesterday after being named your starter, and here he is talking about that exact thing.
Speaker 4: Ben feels good.
Speaker 7: Obviously, any competitor, you know, you play this game, you want a chance to uh leave the guys on Sunday, you know, and have opportunity to go win and whatever that calls for me to do on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: You know, I take this. I take this, uh you know, the job with.
Speaker 2: With great pride.
Speaker 7: You know, there's been a lot of great quarterback play here in the past, and you know, I just hope to continue to carry that traditional.
Speaker 1: And apparently since he's been named the Starter, he's looked dynamite. Any connection there, Ben, When what are you talking about as far as looking like the starter now that he's been named the stary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even I mean, I don't know about you, guys, but even the tone of what she was talking in that sound bite just sounded like a little bit more confidence and self assuredness of you know, the situation and where he's at. And yeah, it's it's a good answer. It's you know, it sounds like he is ready to embrace it. And now it's a you know, for both of these guys. For me, it's like, okay, great, I'm glad that one of them was named. Now go earn it, you know, go prove it. So we'll see what happens with this weekend and see how much playing time he gets.
Speaker 2: If it was up to you, what would it be, as far as it was coach Ben Lieber, gimme Kyler's preseason snaps in games games one, two, and three, if any starting with three, I.
Speaker 3: Would say he would play into the second quarter this first game this weekend. So whatever the snaps look like, you know, that would probably be you know, you know, get maybe three drives in the first you know, it's like almost like three drives, three possessions per quarter. So let's just say that it's fifteen plays twenty you know, let's call it twenty plays, twenty twenty five plays on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And then that's about it.
Speaker 3: That might be about it, because they're gonna get so much work when the Ravens come into town next Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so help me with this. Then let's say let's say that's the exact plan one quarter. Yeah right, I assume Darisaw is not playing, O'Neill's not playing.
Speaker 4: Assume those guys are not playing yet.
Speaker 2: So what's the upside if you're not playing with the starters, if Jefferson's not out there, if Addison's not out there, if Hopkinson's not out there. Give me the upside for a twenty nine year old like Kyler to play for a quarter?
Speaker 3: Operation process? You know you want to You want to see them sort of go through the mechanics of getting in and out of the huddle, of game situation, How do you handle certain moments, How does the team respond to you? Does he do you look like you're in rhythm with some of the passing plays? I mean, just because you're not gonna have justin out there doesn't mean that you you still can't be on time and in rhythm of the play. That's called, you know, so I think they want to see all of that and just see, like, how how polished do you look running running kind of a basic offense.
Speaker 4: So I think there's still a lot of value in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not going to be a complete look, but I certainly think that there is some value in him playing out this this weekend.
Speaker 2: What about the rest of it? So let's say he goes a quarter, what do you do with JJ for the rest of the preseason? How much action do you give him? When if Kyler stays healthy, he might not play at all this year. This might be his only window to actually throw the ball at an NFL level for the next calendar year.
Speaker 3: You know, I could see something like finish out the first half with with JJ, and then he starts the second half, goes the third quarter, and then and then it's this sort of a you know, I'm not even sure Carson needs to play in the preseason given his veteran status, and then it's this brosmer after that. You know, so I could see some variation of that this Saturday.
Speaker 1: I completely guy John Harball was the coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, new coaching staff, all that stuff, Yeah, m.
Speaker 1: Hm, and scatter Bow is still hurt, right, he's not back, it is he?
Speaker 4: No, I think he's a bad he's doing and I.
Speaker 3: Think that yeah, okay, yeah, I think that was kind of the point of him doing the backflip was just show the crowd that hey, I'm back, I'm healthy.
Speaker 4: It's not going to hold me back at all. So, I mean, Harball didn't like.
Speaker 2: It, right, right?
Speaker 1: How does your role change since you guys are simulcasting, we get to see your face on television this uh this Saturday. What's it do for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good question.
Speaker 3: I will no longer be on the sideline at all for the first these three preseason games, so it'll be a three man booth, so it'll be Pete and I both doing color. Obviously Pa running the show. So yeah, it'll be kind of nice just to be a a climate controlled booth and not have to be sweating on the sidelines as much. But Taita will be on the sideline. She'll handle some of the things down there, but for the most part, yeah, I just get to be in the booth. It would be great.
Speaker 4: What do you do Friday night in New York? That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Banks.
Speaker 3: I think I am I typically don't go over to the city because we stay in Newark or somewhere around New Jersey. So I think I am going to go over and just catch dinner somewhere over there and just kind of check out the city for a little bit and then head back. You know, not going to be a late night, but yeah, I might take in the city. It's been a while since I've been in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: I'm the wrong person to do this, but I'm going to try to do it anyway because I've heard a lot of people talking about it. You should go get true New York style pizza from a place called Saborrow. Yeah, downtown New York.
Speaker 3: Well, i've heard they've got a great location inside the Newark Airport.
Speaker 2: No, you got to get the real around stuff downtown New York. So that's not one of the Times Square. Oh okay, you know I've heard it's outstanding.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure is.
Speaker 1: Do you expect young Caleb Banks to see some time?
Speaker 4: I would hope so, me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it doesn't sound like other than Sunday night when he wasn't practicing it, which was just rest, which was just rest.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of limitations with him. So I would expect him to play. And I think that you know, once we get word that he's going to play, I mean, that's clearly one of the guys. I think everybody's going to be tuned in to watch. I mean, I know, certainly from us as a broadcasting team, I'll be watching him. I mean, heck, he might even be like one of our featured players that we're that we want to talk about in the open. So once we get clarification who's who's in and out, we can dial that in a little bit more.
Speaker 4: But I would assume that he's going to play, and if.
Speaker 1: I'm no, if he if he plays, then by definition and from what we've seen, we're right, his foot's good, and if his foot is good, we got to steal, right.
Speaker 3: I would think, so, yes, if everything else checks out and the foot's healthy, and it's not a big deal. You just look at what he potentially brings to the table size, speed, rare, ability to move, can.
Speaker 4: Play with a little bit of a mean streak.
Speaker 3: I mean, if everything that you saw in college translates to what it can be in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's in the fear when we drafted him that this isn't all Once healed, we're good. Isn't the fear that this is a thing that is possible to be broken multiple times, that his foot might just be fragile long term? And yeah, they're just worried it's not going to hold up for an entire career. Right, that's the long term fear.
Speaker 3: That's the long The long term fear is is he one of these guys that's too big for.
Speaker 4: His own body?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: You know, does too much weight on that foot?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does he create too much stress with that foot because he does have this because he doesn't to uh to move latterly?
Speaker 4: I think that is the issue.
Speaker 3: You know, if he was just a true North South player, then maybe not an issue. But because he does he is twitchy enough to go side to side. I think that's that is the concern. You just never know until you get out there.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you another question about how the times have changed and you live this. You were in this era. Every year during training camp, it seemed like the Vikings we would have this conversation about like give me a name or two, like big name surprise cuts. But I don't even feel like that's a thing this year. Like, I feel like I can't think of one quote, big name VET that is in sneaky trouble. But I feel like our roster is pretty set in like the fights would all be depth fights. I can't imagine one big name that gets cut.
Speaker 3: If you're looking at if you're looking at the all twenty two offense and defensive starters, pretty set. I think it's pretty set. I don't know if there's a lot of debates.
Speaker 2: So is there anybody who can think of that's like a sneaky even guy, maybe a guy that's been here a couple of years that all of a sudden might be in trouble.
Speaker 1: May I ask you as Xavier Scott.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean yeah, I don't know if that would be like a surprise. Okay, you know what I'm saying. Like, I think I think that competition started the second that we drafted.
Speaker 1: Got it, okay, Pace, Orlando Pace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's on the team now he's forty eight.
Speaker 3: See, that's another The thing is, that's another interesting guy. You would think that Jamal Adams was a direct competition, but now Jamal switches jerseys. He's officially listed on the depth chart as a safety.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it right now. It's about to bring that up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's he actually is on our team a safety and not a linebacker. Now they will obviously use him, probably not gonna tell us sort of fashion where he's going to be in the box.
Speaker 2: Do you feel better about that, because I know you said you watched his Raiders tape. You feel better that he's back at safety for sure?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I didn't think.
Speaker 3: I did not think that he played the linebacker position very well.
Speaker 1: I think Pace stays because of his ability on special teams.
Speaker 3: Would you agree, well, I would argue that that might be the reason why he was on the bubble last year or after last year, is because of his regression on special teams, the Chicago loss, his fault, the return, the kickoff return.
Speaker 4: I believe so, I believe so.
Speaker 3: So again, are they shocking It would be they would be shocking omissions from the roster.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You know, I think when you're in that that second tier fighting for a third position and you get released, I mean that's.
Speaker 4: Just the nature of the NFL.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if that maybe it's a name that because we're familiar with it.
Speaker 4: It seems a.
Speaker 3: Little shocking, but it wouldn't be shocking if a guy like I have and Pace just didn't make it this year.
Speaker 1: Sure, what about how many wide receivers do you think we'll keep? You think we got? Obviously we got Jordan JJ.
Speaker 2: Juwan six and Tye five TI.
Speaker 1: What about Miles Price? He'll be a kick return, He'll be the return.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like kind of where you put him on the on the roster, you know, he's just kind of strictly a specialist guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe six, yeah, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, looking at it, probably Jayshn Jones I think is Yeah, he's number two behind Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's kind of made some plays a little bit too, But yeah, that'll be you know, obviously there's some hard competitions as you go down the depth chart. But as you guys went back to the Ldren question, I can't think of a position on this as a starter that's really in contention here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. It's happening, guys.
Speaker 2: Hell, let's go get on the plane tomorrow September thirteenth, Right, it's August thirteenth, today, September thirteenth. Number one oh thanks gets it Fan five and a second in Headlines More with Ben Lieber after this eight o'clock hour on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Farm Bureau Financials.