Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'm ready to die.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping to slurp down some of what Tom Brady's cranking out.
Speaker 1: I guess that wasn't too smart? Guy?
Speaker 2: Why does that horse have a fupa?
Speaker 1: All of that and so much more? Here on? He was dump.
Speaker 2: What not?
Speaker 1: Big dog?
Speaker 2: What up? My man?
Speaker 1: Well? Mac, I was sitting there mine of my own bees wax, and I got a message from a listener okay, telling me that the company Titan has made another themed casket. Oh not only one four because you can choose which Ninja Turtle themed casket you want to be buried in.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, so not to get morbid here. I don't think you can pick the Raphael one. Right.
Speaker 1: I would like people to know that I was cool but crude.
Speaker 2: I want my services when I passed on on to wherever I may go or may not go, to be as inexpensive as possible. Bury me in a bag, I don't care.
Speaker 1: So I did look it up. Titan sold their Supreme caskets. They're Supreme themed caskets. Yeah, instantly when they put those out. These ones have not been posted yet for what I have seen, but they're gonna run four thousand dollars and that kind of seems like a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: That's a great deal.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of starting my own casket line. But get this theme. You ready for this?
Speaker 2: What's bed? Like? Permanent bed? No?
Speaker 1: Like if you're older and you're like, I need a new bed, but I also think I'm gonna die soon. You buy the bed, okay, and then when you perish, they they just close it and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if you die? All right, I'll start a competing one called bathtub.
Speaker 1: You go into someone's house in all of their furniture's casket theme, just in case they might die on the couch.
Speaker 2: You never know when you're going I need to fold up some furniture.
Speaker 1: Good And you're like, oh, well, they did it on the Monsters, they did it on the Adams Family, because you know those are macabre. Yeah, this is real life and you don't want to waste money on a bed and a casket.
Speaker 2: No. No, I think we're onto something here. This is a million dollar idea.
Speaker 1: But would they be able to fit my California King casket in the ground?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the shark tank pitch? Have you ever died in a bed? No? But if you do it folds over a kelsone style.
Speaker 1: Look, roughly fifty percent of the world dies in bed every year. We're cutting out the middleman and Panada right there, Panini, and.
Speaker 2: Then you get into a calzone stromboli.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's what we should do, George Foreman style caskets.
Speaker 2: And it's on a lean so when you die, all the juices naturally leak out.
Speaker 1: We're helping the fucking morticians. Those are the people that drain all the juices out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what they call.
Speaker 1: Speaking of juice is mac news dump. Tom Brady has launched his organic coconut water and he is calling it good Nut.
Speaker 2: Good Nut. Yeah. I mean, if you're Tom Brady, you have license to do really whatever the hell you want these days.
Speaker 1: So why not, Well, you know what he wanted to call it a first come.
Speaker 2: It's a real norm McDonald joke right there.
Speaker 1: That's what he's calling it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's a little murky, it's a little sweet.
Speaker 2: Come up with the you and the coconut coconut and there's there's your Tom Brady product. Come.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's gotten exactly what he wanted out of calling it good nut. It's been all over social media, everyone saying what did you say?
Speaker 2: Here? Here's a question for you. Would you say you've ever had a bad nut?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't say regretful nut?
Speaker 1: Okay, physically, I mean yeah, there's somewhere you're you're really pushing to the end. You're really you're pushing rope for a while and then you eventually get there and you're like, thank god, that's.
Speaker 2: But aren't ey of them bad?
Speaker 1: So you what you want to do because we're just we're shark tanking right now. We're gonna make a drink called bad nut.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be the horse decision you've ever made.
Speaker 1: Well, what is the worst nut that we can turn into a beverage?
Speaker 2: Cash? Maybe?
Speaker 1: And it's cash? No CASHW milk is delicious?
Speaker 2: You've had CASHW milk?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the differ in cashew and almond milk?
Speaker 1: I think it's the nipples?
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: I'll get nipples milk. May peanut juice, Yeah there peanut milk. I don't know if there's peanut milk, but that's how we get pad Thai.
Speaker 2: I mean not really, but sure, we're.
Speaker 1: All around we're beating around the bush right now. Should we get into the news of the week.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Disclosure Day is opening up this weekend, and when looking at the other movies that are hitting a wide theater release this weekend, I noticed everyone seemed to have just gotten out of the way for Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious how this movie is gonna be received because I've been out on this movie since the Jump really since Jump Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, don't do that yet. You save that transition, you save that.
Speaker 2: This doesn't look good to me whatsoever. After knowing the hole to do, after you spoiled it from me that I asked you to, I'm even more out on it. There are certain cinephiles that will go and watch a Steven Spielberg movie. There's also theater goers, or I should say people that used to go to the theaters a lot as kids for Spielberg movies that will still go for Spielberg. So it'll make some money. How much, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For having the runway of it being the only new movie release this week, it's only forecasted to get about fifty million.
Speaker 2: And if word of mouth isn't great, the critic reviews. Early reviews are solid. If word of mouth isn't great from the audience, it's not gonna make two undred million.
Speaker 1: There's too much nonsense in it for me. I explained to you, I told you everything about it. Not enough disclosing. If you're gonna call it disclosure day, I want at least fifty percent disclosure agreed, news done. Also, it's fucked. Next weekend Toy Story five comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there you go. If it makes seventy this weekend, it's got a chance to break two hundred. If it doesn't, it won't.
Speaker 1: You know what I saw earlier and I shared it on Instagram, someone made a parody of you Know a little. It's a Hey Arnold's Obsession themed post where it's Helga breaking the one wish Willow and Arnold's in the background with his eyes like a cat. Yeah, because she had that shrine to him and she would have loved if he was obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: You know who I didn't care for?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Big Patty?
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't think anyone's a big Patty fan.
Speaker 1: And then Harolds is way too old to be in that grade.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had those kids though, you know, come see me, those kids are everywhere.
Speaker 1: Do you prefer stink or Sid? Sid for sure said out a cool backwards hate. How do you feel about Chocolate Boy?
Speaker 2: I'm indifferent.
Speaker 1: I like the guy who had the pigeons.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, what's his name?
Speaker 1: Where would you put stoop Kid?
Speaker 2: Stup Kid, for being in one episode had a lasting impact.
Speaker 1: You know what. Okay, So, first off, he is in multiple episodes, but he's the focus of one episode. Okay, that might be a topic right there of characters who showed up once.
Speaker 2: Just lingered top lingerers a.
Speaker 1: Talking point of the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you talk, hey Arnold, you're getting to stoop Kid within two minutes, Yes, easily. You're talking about stoop Kid for sure. You talk about stup Kid, you talk about how small their baseball field was, and you're talking about Helga's gum statue and Arnold's bedroom. That's Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Also, we should have our buddy, the Seeger guy back on, just to get a little traction here. Okay, I'll ask him about stup Kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're listening to this podcast and you're aware of the social media phenomenon, Seegar bar and Seeger Guy, he's been on this podcast.
Speaker 1: He has, so listen three times, four times. Listen to us. We know him, We know that we know him. I've known him for a long time.
Speaker 2: You guys went to elementary school together, we did.
Speaker 1: And we share the same first name, Cigar do seeger. Last name guy Guy, We're brothers. Mac That Mario is now over a billion dollars the first movie of twenty twenty six to get to that number. Butt Michael is right up its butt at nine hundred million.
Speaker 2: So is there just like ten theaters this movie still in, still making money. I don't really get it.
Speaker 1: And then also once again I assume that once Toy Story five is there, they're like, all right, see you later, Mario, we don't need you know more, Bye Mario. Okay, that does make sense to me though, that a theater is going to try and keep at least one kid friendly animated movie for as long as possible, for.
Speaker 2: Sure, and Animal Friends is not coming out.
Speaker 1: That's your son of a bitch. We were so close Animal Farming about Animal Friends. Everyone's like Animal Farm Friends coming out.
Speaker 2: Animal Farms stunk. And then Sheep Detectives is doing well critically, but not making any money.
Speaker 1: But that's not animated. Yeah, you're right, But it does the opposite of what Disclosure Day did, and that is that the sheeps are detectives.
Speaker 2: It does the opposite of every other movie of all time, and that the sheeps are detectives.
Speaker 1: But it also the title tells you what it is, yes.
Speaker 2: Right right from from from Jump Street.
Speaker 1: It's just like mal Rats, where that's a story about mal rats, Clerks a story about clerks. Jay and Silent Bob is a movie about Jay and Silent Bob striking back.
Speaker 2: Those are the only movies, you understand.
Speaker 1: Kevin Smith knew what he was doing. His movies were in the fucking title Jersey Girl. It's Jersey Boy, right, Jersey Boy is a Jelie is not Kevin Smith.
Speaker 2: No, oh, you're just talking Kevin.
Speaker 1: Because of Jeelie's f failure, then Jersey Girl was lampooned.
Speaker 2: Sure, Sure that made me think of Jersey Boys and how they get sold on Jersey Boys on Broadway and the other guys. How was it was fantastic?
Speaker 1: I like how high their voices go. News Dope from Jump Street right MAC twenty four Jump Street is in the works and might be saying to yourself, right now, hold on a g darn second, there go. The last one was twenty two Jump Street. Well, one of the writers posted on Instagram the script with the little tagline saying, it took so long to make we had to skip one.
Speaker 2: I would love if the first five minutes of this movie is a montage of twenty three Jump Street A lah the post credits of twenty.
Speaker 1: Well, the post credits of twenty two was twenty three through like thirty one Jump Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, It's unfortunate that the Men in Black Jump Street, I would have been fantastic never came to fruition. However, seeing how Men in Black became something entirely different, that's probably for the best. I'm so stupid. I didn't realize we had jumped twenty three until I don't know a day later, when I saw the tweet about them talking about them jumping twenty three, I was like, oh, right, we did miss twenty three. Do you think do you think they're jumping it? Because Michael Jordan was gonna sue.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, that's it as of right now. Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, and Ice Cuber all in talks to return obviously they can't go back to high school. Or maybe that's the joke. You do send them back to high school and they're all fifty year old men.
Speaker 2: They go back to elementary school. Big Daddy Start, Big Daddy.
Speaker 1: That's Billy Madison, Happy gilboist Oyle, that's Mac. I was pulling cuts because I was doing a news rap on this story earlier, and while combing through these two movies. First off, I could only use one or two cuts. I wasn't allowed to use any of the other cuts FCC policy. But I had forgotten how funny these movies are.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I mean the twenty tens was devoid of comedy.
Speaker 1: It actually wasn't.
Speaker 2: Two of the best movies comedically in the twenty tens are easily twenty one and twenty two Jump Street. It might be on the rushmore of comedies the twenty tens.
Speaker 1: I also take back what I just said, because I was only thinking of Ted. Ted was twenty ten, and.
Speaker 2: Then I know that that might also be on that.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirteen or whatever it is for the sequel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends how if you do the Keif decades that counts, If not, you.
Speaker 1: Know, top of my head, okay, best comedies of the twenty tens, even though we did a podcast on this and you can look it up. Twenty one Jump Street, The Hangover three, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna google it right now, you're gonna google. We already did a podcast Comedies of the twenty five I.
Speaker 1: Was go back and listen to that. I don't remember what.
Speaker 2: I said five minutes ago. You think I'm gonna remember what I said.
Speaker 1: Then No, I don't, actually, because you have a horrible memory.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bride'smaids will probably be all.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bridesmaids is great. That's twenty eleven. The Nice Guys, The Nice Guys.
Speaker 2: Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: That's not really a comedy.
Speaker 2: Ran Buddh Budapest Hotel. That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: That's not really a comedy, ey though, sure is it's Wes Anderson.
Speaker 2: This list has Spy on it Goo, that's right.
Speaker 1: Spy Spy wasn't bad? Though?
Speaker 2: Was it bad? Was it bad? The Big Short?
Speaker 1: It's funny, fine, but that's kind of like Neighbors upon a Time. Oh Neighbors is good. I like neighbors.
Speaker 2: I like grown Ups. People watch that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh grown Ups three is in the works too. Game Night, Game Night, Game Night is good enough. Book Smart, Book Smart, That's the other Guys is twenty ten, Okay, I think that's enough. News Dope a podcast on that got a trailer for The Social Reckoning, written and directed by Aaron Sorkin, starring Jeremy Allen White, Mikey Madison, and Jeremy Strong as do Zook.
Speaker 2: So I love Mikey Madison. I guess I don't mind Jeremy Allen White. He's just everywhere now, which is fine. That's maybe a me thing. Jeremy Strong's Zuckerberg. I can't tell if it's the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 1: That's how listeners feel about this show on a weekly basis, and it's.
Speaker 2: A completely different character. They're twenty years apart. Literally. Eisenberg's take on the character. The college aged character was frantic, a menace, massive dickhead. This is another dickhead version of it, but it's more. I guess, I just know. I don't know. I don't know how to feel about it. It's dedicated. I'm sure this movie has a chance of being great, but I don't know if it's gonna be because it has. Really it's got sky high expectations. Speaking of the twenty tens, goose sky high. That was like two thousand and six, that's a while ago. The Social Network is the best movie of the twenty tens, if I agree, But that my humble opinion. The Social Reckoning has to follow that up, and I don't know how it's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: It is done. Colin Farrell said that he's only in two scenes as Penguin in The Batman Too. Is he hinting that he is gonna clump?
Speaker 2: I'm figuring since the most recent thing we've seen in that universe was the Peng Penguin. Uh. He will be in one of the first couple scenes as in a little transition, and then about halfway of the movie there'll be a meeting with the penguin.
Speaker 1: And that's all I need in these movies. I don't need every movie to have the same characters starring in them. I just need them to pop up for a second. We say, okay, that's where he is. He's still in the universe, and then he goes off and does his own thing.
Speaker 2: Were you a big fan of pop up video?
Speaker 1: A pop pop video. I love a pop video. Oh you know what we were doing. So on our trip to New York, we went down a real nice rabbit hole of nineties boy band girl band pop playlist on the old Apple Music. That's what I use, bangers only, yes and no. We went discography okay, and we started out within sync. Yeah, not as lengthy as I remember.
Speaker 2: No Strings Attached is one of the best pop albums of all time. The one after that is when it was the j T Show. I forget the name of it, but that's the one that had Girlfriend Gone, that went more r and b ishes. They leaned into Timberlake's voice. That album is also very good. The one prior No Strings Attached, the two prior to that, it was it was like two to three songs that were good. So I would I would agree with you that Backstreets Core was better. But then I think the heights of in Sync is better than Backstreet.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Backstreet Boy has two or three songs that really fucking smash.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Backstreet song?
Speaker 1: Back Streets back? All right, it's the call? What the Call?
Speaker 2: Let me play about that day?
Speaker 1: And Backstreet Boys longer? And I think we then said, went to Spice Girls. Surprisingly shallow pool of music from.
Speaker 2: This they only really had two albums. The album that has the song Mama on it. I think it's the second, it's their first second, but this is only two. I can think of Spice World. That album is great. That album was great.
Speaker 1: Spice up your life and want to be really only ones that push forward. Everything else is kind of false flash. I get it. You know the music Britney spears though, and maybe it's just because everyone kept on feeding her songs for a decade. Yep, she could go for hours.
Speaker 2: She's got three great albums.
Speaker 1: She can go for hours.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is a good point, so I wouldn't say we shit on Brittany. Britney gets shot on because she's kooky and maybe she didn't have the strongest voice comparatively, but you're right, bangers and there was like three versions of Britney too over the years, so you got to give her credit for changing over time. What's your favorite Britney song?
Speaker 1: Ooh, the one in the red suit.
Speaker 2: Oops, that did it again?
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I would go stronger, maybe strong I don't like stronger, Yes, I like not a girl, not yet a woman that's.
Speaker 1: A solid one. And then Lucky's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Lucky's a great one. Luck he's a great one. I like the slower Britney.
Speaker 1: Stuff, Britney Backstreet and saying spice girls. That's how my list went. That's sure.
Speaker 2: Did you dive into like the otowns lfos ninety eight degrees that sort of stuff? You didn't do any Christina?
Speaker 1: Huh, my wife doesn't like Christina.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think Christina is anyone's favorite.
Speaker 1: But here we are whatever we just talked about here, who's dumb? Oh? After getting pointed out on social media, how does Supergirl have earrings if she's Kryptonian? James Gunn of course chimed in, because that's what James Gunn does, and he said, as explained in Superman, the same way she gets drunk, she goes to a planet with a red son. Not to mention she was raised on a chunk of Krypton so didn't even experience superpowers until her teens.
Speaker 2: Are people just that stupid? Are they that dumb? Like it's it's canon that Superman from the same planet, from the same bloodline. If he goes to a planet with the red Sun. He has no powers. On his own home planet, he has no powers. One would deduce that a young girl who didn't leave Kryptond until she was a teenager probably got our ears piers.
Speaker 1: On kryptod top deuces, go.
Speaker 2: A twelve six curve, Give me four. I need three more, Bigelow mal Jigglow.
Speaker 1: That's two, Tatum, that's three McAllister coming in fifth, just outside, honorable mention, A poop.
Speaker 2: And the turlet.
Speaker 1: Speaking of turlets, you see. Okay, so I'm so fucking confused.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We got the news that the Odyssey popcorn bucket last week was gonna be an Imax camera, which I thought was the dumbest thing ever. That should just be the Imax, Like when you go to an Imax movie, you can buy the dumb Imax camera as your popcorn bucket. Sure, it shouldn't be what the Odyssey is pushing for.
Speaker 2: It should just come with your forty seven dollars Imax ticket.
Speaker 1: When you spend one hundred dollar the Imax theat or you get a little piece of plastic you can put your popcorn in. But then we got work plastic meatball. The actual popcorn bucket is you eat out of a horse as if it's a kangaroo.
Speaker 2: You have to give fillatios to a horse with the fucking heart. You have to cut a linguy a horse to get your popcorn. And so here's the question I asked to put popcorn on it? Does it go down the horse's mouth and then drains into.
Speaker 1: I would assume that you're still putting it into that fupa. But do you think it's true? Do you think it's a rule that we're not allowed to use our hands?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It'll turn into a drinking device, that's for sure. It's a little hole in the mouth and now you get a little shooter type of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't care for this one, although can you fuck it?
Speaker 2: Certainly could?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you certainly could.
Speaker 2: Is it the first one that you can give kind of lingus to?
Speaker 1: I mean, you can do whatever you want to that fucking dune bucket? It might be analogous though, thinking of the shape, of course. Sure news done. Trailer for the final season of The Bear This hits Hulu on June twenty fifth, Yes Chef.
Speaker 2: Yes Chef, Which is the only thing I've ever taken from the show, which somehow you know I don't. I don't like to be a negative Nancy qu's.
Speaker 1: Talked about eating a horse.
Speaker 2: I am how does how does that correlate with being negative?
Speaker 1: I think that's pretty possible.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that my flag in the sand about the bear like three years ago. I'm like, this shell's really not that great. And you know who, you know who talks about the bear these days? No one, No one mentions the bear.
Speaker 1: Gives pretty excited about this trailer.
Speaker 2: No one, he's even seen the trailer.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind if they released a popcorn bucket for the show. It was a bear.
Speaker 2: Where would you popcorn out of the bear? Oh?
Speaker 1: The mouth when you just give it kisses? I hope you open mouth kissed the bear again, popcorn out?
Speaker 2: That is weirder than kind of linguis?
Speaker 1: You're right? Kissing is weird. Kissing is weird? Right, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna say what I was to say.
Speaker 1: There's no got our first trailer for l the Legally Blonde prequel show that is coming to Prime Sure on July first, all eight episodes hitting Prime. So hear me out the movie Legally Blonde. Yeah, I've seen fish out of water. She goes to Harvard doesn't fit in this.
Speaker 2: Movie, not swimming, sinking.
Speaker 1: Maybe on the top. She's like splashing the celt needs a rescue ring this movie. She lives in bel Air High School show shut Up, and her mother June Diane Rayphiel, says to her, we're moving to Seattle because you know it's the nineties. Yeah, and then she goes to Seattle. Doesn't fit in Fish out of Water. Yeah, that's the premise of the show. I just explained it to you.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna lead in the Clueless. I thought that you're jaring somehow a line between this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what if she leaves Clueless to then join Nirvana.
Speaker 2: I think that el Woods, you could have built a show around that character that's not even pre coolish, like just have like the ditsy blonde lawyer post first movie operating in Boston operating.
Speaker 1: Called Legally Blonde, Too, Red White and Blond Dummy.
Speaker 2: You know what shirt I saw on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Was it in real life or not? Now? I don't know if I was what I've watched so many television shows the last couple of days ago. I don't remember if I saw this in real life or might have been in Girls the show TV Show Girls. It's either in real life or the TV show Girls.
Speaker 1: I saw a new game show. Was it Real life or the TV show Girls?
Speaker 2: A T shirt that read I survived the third season of Ally McBeal and I wish I knew the joke. I wish I knew the joke. Though I'm aware of Ali McBeal, I'm aware of all the cast of characters on Ally McBeal, I didn't know that people hated the third season of Ally McBeal.
Speaker 1: What season was the Uga chucka Baby? That's what I want to know. What season was the Uga chucka Baby? It's nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: This is good podcasting us googling stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't find it. I can't do too much with it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, do people hate the third season of Ally McBeal.
Speaker 1: That's what we all want to know on this show. Allan McBeal had a fucking star studded cast.
Speaker 2: But I sure did it, Sure did.
Speaker 1: But back to Elwood's I don't know. One of the big sticking points of the first movie is you had Jennifer Coolidge in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can get Jennifer Coolidge for this because she's you know, it's a different time.
Speaker 2: Is she still white? Lotusing it up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Mac, that's not bad. I could play Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 2: I yes, little Nicky.
Speaker 1: Now that you mentioned it, Jennifer Coolidge does sound like little Nicky.
Speaker 2: Good AI overview Yes. The third season of Alan McBeal is widely considered a major turning point where many fans and critics began to dislike the show.
Speaker 1: Oh Jump the Shark.
Speaker 2: While it was a massive rating success, ranking as the second highest rated season in the show's history with over twelve million viewers, the creative choices made during the season cost significant backlash. Do you want to know the primary reasons? There's four of them. First one the destruction and exit of Billy Thomas. That's right, Billy Thomas.
Speaker 1: The actor or the character. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: This is good all.
Speaker 2: Number two excessive quirking and Jump the Shark fantasies. Showrunner David E. Kelly was stretched thin across multiple shows at the time, leading to lazy and repetitive writing. Okay, number three, go Ali's character progression stalled as we all know, everyone has to progress in a linear manner because they hang out.
Speaker 1: In bathrooms in the show. So the stalls GOO.
Speaker 2: And number four critical backlash, while Metacritics shows the series overall maintained decent historical marks. Specific tracking for season three on platforms like roddy Te's features a dish thirty eight percent critic score, with reviews from Time calling the plot self indulgent sludge. That's crazy that show about Boston lawyers would be self indulgent sludge.
Speaker 1: And legally blonde. Also about lawyers crossover, there's dot. Now let's get to the portion of the show that I'm excited about, all right. I saw that Omar Gooding, he famously played Mo on Smart Guy.
Speaker 2: He was also in that ESPN football show called Playmakers.
Speaker 1: He was the amazing show. He was on hanging with mister Cooper.
Speaker 2: Sure was, Sure was.
Speaker 1: Moe was a wonderful character, really got the laps every single time. Great delivery. But he said that taj Maori ghosted Smart Guy when he was denied higher pay, and that is the reason why Smart Guy was canceled.
Speaker 2: I don't want to pretend I might be a little brighter than Omar Gooding here, I do want to point out to him that Taj Maori child probably wasn't making any he of.
Speaker 1: His monoch terry teenager at the time.
Speaker 2: More likely than not Tea into marriage.
Speaker 1: Do you think Tea and Too marriage? My Tea and to Marrow were in Joe had.
Speaker 2: Been busy learning the industry via Tea and to Mirror. Probably said, hey, Taj is worth more money because he could make Tea and Too Marror money. You know what he couldn't do get that money.
Speaker 1: Show ended well, So what Omar said was that one day, like middle of the season, he just stopped showing up and he's like, you signed a contract, wait until the end of the year, and then get your money after that.
Speaker 2: Once again, child, he's not making any of these decisions.
Speaker 1: Teenager at the time, Yeah, still a child.
Speaker 2: At what age is a child an adult?
Speaker 1: G I don't know how to answer that.
Speaker 2: I'd say seventeen. I think twenty five, sixteen to twenty five.
Speaker 1: I think as we go on further, living longer in life, thirty.
Speaker 2: My youngest sibling is turning twenty one in the fall.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: They good point. They are still children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so don't get on Omar.
Speaker 2: Don't get on taj Omar?
Speaker 1: Why are is? Because Tas was on fucking Kim Possible.
Speaker 2: That you're all the wait like Kim Possible.
Speaker 1: He played the kid in the chair, Christy Carlson, Romano, will Fredell, Taz Mauri Bang, he's a smart guy. Dude, dud it was demp. I didn't realize you were so into the Maoris of as truth. How do you feel about Tea and Tamara? They wouldn't stole on a show.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out which one I like more.
Speaker 1: One of them was on a talk show.
Speaker 2: One of them still is, I think on a talk show. I like her less because she does that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that talk show is still on, though you might be right. It was the one because you had the view the talk, and then there was the other one. She was on the other one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought she was on the talk. No?
Speaker 1: Ask okay, Google again, ask Google right now, get the Google. Aii just googled what.
Speaker 2: Are Tea and Tamara doing now? T and Tamara Mauri ballanced successful careers parenting.
Speaker 1: That's not helping me. Which one was on the talk show? And then what was the talk show called? And then who were the other co hosts?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Tamara Maury Housley. She could hyphenated last name now Howsley. Phil Housley is married to Phil Housley Media hosting. She's a complished television host record As for her work on The Reel, The Reel, That's what it was, were Hallmark Crown Media projects, I'm not sure. Ta Maori remains highly visible in the entertainment and lifestyle space. She stars and produces her reality docu series Okay called Tia Mauri My Next Act, and return to acting in projects like The Game.
Speaker 1: Oh the Game, No, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: The game was on bet in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: And I think it came back. Actually that's what it was, Yes, because that wasn't it has what's her name from? Joe Dirt, Britty Daniel, Brittany Daniel.
Speaker 2: Thank you, it does.
Speaker 1: We're doing a great job on this podcast news Dumb. And then finally we are getting a Sandlot sequel. In quote, it's a spiritual sequel if you will series. This is via Deadline. Patrick run Out, who you might know as the great hand being out from the mean Green Hamilton porter. I'm gonna say that he's bringing the gang back together, and many of the original cast members from The Sandlot are re teaming up for a new comedy series that is produced by Runner's production company, him Bino Media. They'll be appearing every once in a while. The show is gonna be about someone who takes over his son's little league team, his kids little league team, and he doesn't realize this, but it's not just the unruly players that he has to deal with. It's the other coaches, the parents, and sometimes it's himself. But if that's not enough nineties nostalgia for you, Mac, his wife played by Daniel Fischl.
Speaker 2: Danielle Fachelle is how I would say it. I am jealous that I don't own a production company called him Beino Media to cast Danielle Fichell as my fictional wife. Kudos to him. He's going full Sandler. You just cast hot people in your loved ones Le.
Speaker 1: Mac goes in a shark tank and he's like, look, I got this show idea. Daniel Fishle's my wife. I go, well, what's the pitch? First off, we don't work. Why are you pitching movies to us on shark Tank? Secondly, what's the show about. I'm married to Daniel Fishle.
Speaker 2: And we're just doing life. We're snuggling, we're making.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of cuddling. There's no kissing. No fucking kissing is weird unless it's a bucket.
Speaker 2: Over the closed type of stuff.
Speaker 1: We go out, we collect popcorn buckets and we adhere to the rules of what the popcorn buckets are. Sometimes no hands no hands allowed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good for her.
Speaker 1: Though, I'm happy that she's getting back into acting.
Speaker 2: She's just making free money. She doesn't do anything of this role.
Speaker 1: I'm not one to you know, point out people's looks. She looks amazing right now.
Speaker 2: Well, she just came off Dancing with the Stars, which obviously.
Speaker 1: Well she's coming off her pod. I'm sorry, Doc Meets World documentary. That's her most recent thing.
Speaker 2: She also, I think it was breast cancer she had like four years ago, and so I think she's been taking her health a lot seriously the last a lot more serious. Less three or four years. She beat some cancer. I don't recall what it is, but I think that's when she really started getting.
Speaker 1: I know she also, I don't know if she's the author, if she's just contributed. But they wrote a book. I think it's book meets World.
Speaker 2: I guess when you're known for that one thing, you just keep doing that.
Speaker 1: They're a squeeze in this podcast as long as they can. They're on season seven right now, and they don't know what else to do.
Speaker 2: Did you like the Serious finale?
Speaker 1: For a series finale, it's good enough, pretty good. It's not the boys. No one offers the each other shit or anything. But Corey's moving to New York and Sean's like, don't leave me behind or whatever you want to did Corey, I'll eat your shit to Panga.
Speaker 2: That's the pilot episode of the sand Loot Serious him Beino saying that.
Speaker 1: That's what Mac pitched. Actually, jeez, my wife, and guess what I do to her?
Speaker 2: I just beg.
Speaker 1: And I try to fly, but I don't have superpowers. A news dump, well, that might have been our worst news dump to date possible. I don't think we revealed any news.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I don't remember one thing.
Speaker 1: I should You should let the doctor know that when your next doctor's appointment. Be like, I do a podcast and I don't know anything. I say a while if I'm bored. I'll just like scroll Spotify through on one of our random episodes.
Speaker 2: And I'm stunned as to what we've we're talking about. I don't remember a word of it.
Speaker 1: That's why I like mix nuts so much. I get to go back and revisit the stuff and I'm like, oh, I guess we have talked about this.
Speaker 2: We've come so far.
Speaker 1: Just like coconut water juice, No, it's juice.
Speaker 2: Five or six years ago, I would staunchly deny or confirm things you said. I'd say now it's all. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Check us out at the beginning of next week. Supergirl is coming out soon. We need to do our Girl draft. We need to draft moons, we need to draft wishes. That's our next one. There we go. I just did it. That's three. News Dump. Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?
Speaker 2: Where did you get the moons?
Speaker 1: Ask the weeping willows?
Speaker 2: Why they billow?
Speaker 3: Do something with colors of the mountain, mountains, paint with all the colors of the mountain, something with the something of the wind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got it, we nailed it.
Speaker 1: News Dump.