Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers, Damn Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday night, May twenty seventh, twenty twenty six, is You're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are back at it again to take on the Colorado Rockies in the final game of this three game set. Dodgers come in first place atop the NL West at thirty five and twenty with a four game lead in the division going into play. After pounding the Rockies a lot two nights, the Dodgers go for the sweep tonight with show Hey Otani on the mountain. First pitch for me Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is set for seven to ten between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from one of the former Dodger great so the nineties, Ramone Martinez.
Speaker 5: Yes, David Vatti.
Speaker 3: State will go one on one with Ramon coming up in about forty five minutes. We'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get the very latest from the Dodger skipper coming up in twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson will stop by from Sports and at LA. In a just a few minutes, we will head out to the gallup before broadcast booth with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday on this Yoshinobu Yamamoto Game seven Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand and attendance. Well, last night, Dodger fans got more than enough offense as they went to work after Kyle Frielan and the Colorado Rockies pitching staff got bombarded. Last night started early and they kept going on. For the Dodgers offense, they scored two runs in the bottom half of the first inning, thanks to Mookie Betts to run home run, they led two to one. In the third, Dodgers up three to one when Keithy a Hernandez homer to left Dodgers up three to one.
Speaker 5: Then it was Andy Pie Haz's third.
Speaker 2: Pie haz oh for one with a flyout the center field. He swings, he hits a drive deptail left. This one's pack, this one's come. Andy Pie has punishes a baseball for his twelfth home run of the season.
Speaker 6: In his four to.
Speaker 8: One boy, he chumped all over it. That swing looked like he knew what was coming. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Andy Pie has an absolute monstrous blast. He goes deep for his twelfth home run of the season. As the Dodgers had a four to one leader, they were just getting started. They started putting up those crooked numbers on the scoreboard. In the fourth, Innie Miguel Rojas scored on a Kyle Freeland wild pitch that made it five to one. Then Andy Pie has back at it again. Two run double made it a seven to one Dodgers lead, and Freddie Freeman sacked fly made it an eight to one lead. As the Dodgers scored four runs in the fourth, and the Dodgers then were in cruise control the rest of the way. In the fifth, Miguel Rojas RBI double Dodgers up nine to one. Then I Sung Kim and RBI sacked fly scoring Will Smith. Dodgers with a ten to one lead against Kyle Freeland and this Rockies bullpen with they just absolutely tormented and it didn't stop there.
Speaker 5: In the sixth, two on for Mookie Bits.
Speaker 2: You got things going and began the scoring with a two run home run on the first inning to center field. The swings hits a high drive to left and deep. This ball back and this ball is gone Old Ron bets second home run a three run shot, and the Dodgers lead at thirteen to one. A Moky moment here at twenty twenty six as Mooki announces he is.
Speaker 3: Back Mookie Betts with his second home run in the night.
Speaker 5: That's the top tier.
Speaker 3: Play of the game, brought to by ARCO Quality, top tier gas for less. As the Dodgers still weren't done, as Will Smith in a two run home run three batters later to give the Dodgers a fifteen to one lead. The Dodgers fifteen runs on seventeen hits, fourteen extra bass. In this game, they hit five home runs, two for Mookie, Bets Andy Paez four for five a home run three. Ribi's now hitting two to ninety nine on this season. Mookie goes three for five with the two home runs and five runs batted in. Meanwhile, Eric Lauer, the newest Dodger, six innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts he to his first win with the Dodgers. Dodgers get the fifteen to sixth victory over the Colorado Rockies, a season high in runs seventeen hits. They limited the Rockies to just four until the ninth inning. That's when Miguel Rowas took over and the Rockies scored five runs on eight hits against the position player. It doesn't matter. Dodgers get the fifteen to six win. They're now thirty five and twenty on the season. The Dodgers are absolutely rolling right now, having nine of their last eleven. Meanwhile, the San Diego Padres today lost their fourth in a row, so the Dodgers now a four game lead over both the Diamondbacks and the Padres, who are thirty one in twenty four tied for second in the NL West. Hoh, look now, but here come the Snakes having won five in a row. But the Dodgers sit atop the division thirty five and twenty, and tonight they go for the sweep over Colorado. As show hey Otani on the mound. First pitch is seven ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast with as we welcome in now Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Another cool evening here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium, as the Dodgers will ramp up this series with the Colorado Rockies chance for a three game sweep as the Dodgers have won the first two, blowing him out. Last night fifteen to six really could have been fifteen to one, but when Miguel Rojas came into the ninth, the Rockies put up five runs on eight consecutive hits. But tonight a new night, and tonight kind of historical as far as the Japanese baseball goes, because shohe Otani is going to face Tomoyuki Sugano for the first time. He will face a Japanese starter, and Sugano a three time MVP in Japan, a teammate of Otani's on Team Japan for the World Baseball Classic. Should be a pretty good matchup tonight as far as the pitchers are concerned. But as we look at this matchup mode, the Dodgers are now four games ahead of the Padres. Padres losing earlier today shut out by the Phillies. They've been shut out twice in that three games series, and we're swept by the Phillies. So the Dodgers have a four game lead. Arizona beat San Francisco, they have caught the Padres, So now the Dodgers four up on San Diego and Arizona.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you look at the standings, I mean the p Andres and that's their fourth loss in a row and for Arizona, that's five wins that they have had consecutively, so they kind of right the ship and trying to get a little bit closer to the Dodgers. Meanwhile, as you mentioned, I mean it was a blowout last night, and for the Dodger ball club, I mean you start to look at the home runs that they hit, five of them last night, two of them by Mooki Bentz, and we talked in the pre game last night about the fact, oh, Mookie Bets is being dropped from the number two spot to the number four spot in the lineup. How will he react? Well, he hit an O two pitch in the first inning for a home run, two run blasts. Then he hit the first pitch of the bat and the sixth inning for a three run home run. I would say he's not allergic to that cleanup spot.
Speaker 2: No cleanup on aisle Mookie, yes, exactly. But he did hit cleanup for the Dodgers in Game six and seven of the World Series. But the last time he did it in a regular season game was back in the twenty seventeen season when he was with Boston on the twenty ninth of September against the Houston Astros. Another guy with a home run last night got some bad news. Keike Hernandez back on the injured list, no timetable for his return. He had a scan on his left oblique today and Dave Roberts said there's a significant tear.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that is not good news. And for ki k I can only imagine. He said he felt obviously terrible. He also felt a little embarrassed to coming back in for two games. That's a big, big loss because he came back with vengeance hitting the ball. We saw him play also at third base well for third base tonight, Max Munsey is back in the lineup after he was hit on the right wrist by pitch and was out for four games. But that is a big, big loss and for KICKI here nanas nobody really knows and probably won't know for a few more days, even the prognostics of you know how he might be out.
Speaker 2: So we'll just have to wait and see you along with Key k Alex Frieland has been called up and he has taken his spot on the roster. He'll start at second base tonight, has Son Kim not in the lineup and Kim taking round balls earlier at third base today, so maybe we'll see him at some point in time play third. Dodgers have won nine straight at home against Colorado. Overall, they've won eleven of the last thirteen and they're a season best fifteen games over five hundred entering this game tonight, thirty five and twenty mean time, the Rockies twenty and thirty six. They're ten and twenty one on the road, losers of twenty of their last twenty seven games, eight of the last ten. They find themselves fifteen and a half behind the Dodgers on the twenty seventh of May, Dodgers and Rockies coming up from Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Wednesday night, Donger fans, what.
Speaker 5: Are you doing for dinner?
Speaker 3: What's your planned abut getting your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlam. You can order that Shaky's Pizza, Shakin and Mojos right now at Shakys dot com.
Speaker 5: We're often running here at Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: Coming up before first pitch, you're gonna hear from former Dodger Ramo Martinez looking forward to that conversation. David Vats checks of course. Throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Later on, we'll hear from the manager, dam Roberts get the very latest, but I'm nexture Otani rewind in sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson stops by. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kases the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your Home for La Dodgers, Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday ninth show. Hey Otani on the mount, first pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy Well.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers pounded out fifteen runs on seventeen hits last night in a fifteen to six rashing of.
Speaker 5: The Colorado Rocky Show.
Speaker 3: Otani over two run scored, actually came out of the game after getting a hit on the right hand. He's okay, and he's actually pitching to night in the final game of this three game set.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson Dang kirs.
Speaker 3: Now Joints is brought to by Cars for a Kids donat Now with Cars for a Kid's DoD org All right, Kirston. Last night, Keiky Hernandez was having a heck of a return in his second game back from injury, and he gets hurt again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know what, It's the hard part with this one is that he actually got hurt before his return, So if we go back to two days ago when he was activated off the iel head of Game one of this series, he was in batting practice, he had taken some swings, he felt like felt something was a little bit off with that oblique. Ultimately went to play through it because how frustrating would that have been. You come back after having elbow surgery, then you have to go right back onto the eye if you're feeling something, Yes, that is what happened, but he tried everything in his power to play through it. But yesterday, whether it was the home run swing then the double rounding the bases, that's when he started to really feel it and the pain escalated. So we had the conversation with Dave Roberts and the dugout had imaging today and it has now been shared that he goingkeyp plays on the il with a significant tear in that left oblique.
Speaker 5: So what does that mean?
Speaker 10: That's kind of still the question mark. I know Andrew Friedman briefly had mentioned potentially kind of when you have oblique injuries, it's kind of that six to eight week timeline. While there's nothing specific right now, that does seem to be the impression that they are under but ultimately they do want to give Keik the time to heal. We know what he can do come October, and they want him to be available and ready in October. So definitely tough news. So just when you see a player who's worked so hard to get back, who's so happy to come back, and then just how dejected he was, whether it's in the dugout or even afterwards with the media, you could just tell that this was a hard one for him.
Speaker 5: So it'll be a tough few.
Speaker 10: Weeks, but hopefully he'll heal and he'll be back right where he belongs with this team soon.
Speaker 3: With him going on the IL Alex Friedland is back from Triple A.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So if we look at just for Alex Friedland what this means for him, the biggest thing is is a couple of weeks ago when he was optioned, he shared with me today that that was a really hard, just frustrating, emotional time for him, and you know he decided to go back to the OKC comments and to work on some things. When it comes to his offense, he was actually named in that first week back, he was named the PCL Player of the Month due to his offensive performances. So you know, he did what the team asked of him. They said, go down there, tear things up offensively, get back on tracks that you can force yourself back onto this team.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: Of course he's coming out of time when there was an injury to Kikay Hernandez. But he's in the lineup today and Dave Roberts was saying that they're going to find ways to give him some opportunity, some runway, if you will. So today he's playing at second, there's going to be some opportunity for him to set it at third. Obviously, you've got Max Munsey. He was recently hit by a pitch on his wrist. He's in the lineup today, but he might only play two of three in the next series. So there's going to be a different opportunity for Alex Freeland at second or at third. But it's going to be interesting just how they kind of manage the time between Hassan Kim Alex Freeland. We know those two guys were battling out for the second base. But it's good to have him back. He feels he's in a good spot. Mentally, he's in a good spot, and that's the most important thing is he's looking to find a way to stay at this big league level.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you can stay and hopefully you can bring some offense with him back to the big leads.
Speaker 5: Kirsten, we appreciate well. Check in with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Still to come here on Wrongo because you know Dodger's on deck. We will preview this pitching matchup with show Hey Otani on the mound, David Vatzegos one on one.
Speaker 5: With former Dodger Ramon Martinez. Looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: We'll get you an injury or fourth though, and we'll here for the manager Dave Roberts when we return. Leading up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night, first pitch of seven ten I. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Never this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck getting ten years as he leads up to first pitch on this Wednesday Dodgers and the Rockies, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam four good times, Show Hey Otani on the mount.
Speaker 5: First pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Keky Hernandez back on the IL after two games with the left oblique injury, Tyler Glaston on the IL, Jack Dwyer on the IL, Rock Stewart on the IL, and When Diaz on the IL, Tommy Edmund on the sixty day IL. But he's in Oklahoma City actually planning games now as he has started his minor league or rehab assignment. All right, let's head back out to dodd your stadium as we check in with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 11: Anything else, Dave? Do you think the.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 12: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Roberts she always in there heading yes, And.
Speaker 10: Then obviously with Alex Freeland, Who's going to be asked me today just why do you see he's kind of a plan for him?
Speaker 1: You see him potentially taking some upset. Third, is there an opportunity for him at second? What does that mean if he is at the second for just him and Aim?
Speaker 7: How do you see you just managing.
Speaker 1: That time for him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think for me, it's Alex is in there tonight at second base and just sort of managing both those guys, and Alex will play uh some second and potentially some third if Max is out or down, and then we'll get Haysong in there as well to play some second base.
Speaker 10: We've met, you feel, and he's I'm just seeing the update tomorrow, but dear like he's in a position right now where you can play multiple days in the round, or you think you.
Speaker 12: Have to manage him kind of return from me, Yeah, I think that he'll, uh, he'll he's in there tonight, then he'll play the planets from play Friday and Saturday, and then he'll be off on Sunday and then we'll sort of go from there.
Speaker 9: They just sort of playing too.
Speaker 11: Lily can give them the hand in this.
Speaker 12: It's a little tricky, you know, And I think that, uh, well, it's I'm going to give freelance some some little bit more runway. I think that you know, in the last call it four weeks, hey Song has gotten a lot of runway certainly versus right handed pitching. And I think that right now probably kind of skew it more towards Alex getting more of the the opportunities.
Speaker 8: Jeff, are you is it the flexibility of your team that makes you some age?
Speaker 12: I think it's probably the flexibility and depth. You know, our team, the pitching has been great. Offensively, we haven't been consistent, but we've had other guys that have picked up the slack on the on the depth to the death point and to be able to kind of plug guys in and like tonight, give Kyle Tucker a night off and be able to plug Alex call in there and things like that.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts with the latest as far as the injury is concerned, and how guys plug in now that have been back in the lineup, like Max Munsey and Alex Frielan who has been called up from Triple A again. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get the latest from the best Dodger insider out there, David vassaying that's next.
Speaker 5: He leads up the first pitch Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jackson On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: Wrapping up this three games set shoey Otani on the Mount Todgers Baseball brought to by Alpatel, born in La and made for your game day. El Pate brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 5: El Pato, Gorme and a.
Speaker 1: Camp joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 5: Right, DV.
Speaker 3: Your heartbreaks for a guy like Keiky Hernandez worked his way back from offseason elbow surgery and it's back to the il.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he explained last night, and we were all surprised to hear from him that he felt something on his left side during batting practice before his first game back two nights ago, but didn't want to disappoint, so he played through it and then tried to play through it again last night, and it really hurt him on that double in the fourth inning. And here was how deject did Key k Hernandez sounded after last night's game.
Speaker 13: Frustrating to say the least, you know, just to be able to.
Speaker 1: Not just because I missed time, but.
Speaker 13: You know, me coming back, got somebody off the roster and those type of things, and I was only able to give the team Ford bats.
Speaker 5: Yeah tough.
Speaker 13: I feel pretty defeat right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And obviously everybody feels for key k. He's such a big part of this team and has been since twenty fifteen. And you know, there is no real timeline, but it was a severe strain that usually takes two months.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come right now. Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value for American values. But you're Southern California, Ford Dealer Today or visit by Ford now dot com. Tonight's hitching matchup, David. It's one that we've never seen before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a big deal in Japan because Otani obviously has faced other Japanese pitchers as a hitter. But I was surprised to find out from the Japanese media yesterday that this is the first time Otani as a starter, is matched up against another Japanese born pitcher, and it is Tomo Yuki Sagano. So that's the reason why this is a huge deal in Japan, not only Otani but also Otani facing another starter in Segano for the first.
Speaker 9: Time in his major league career.
Speaker 6: And then on top of all that, it happens to be Yoshi Yamamoto Game seven World Series Bobblehead night and the Dodgers are expected about forty six to forty eight thousand fans in attendance.
Speaker 5: To be a busy night and an exciting night out at the Ravine.
Speaker 3: Time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to you by Sanity the Bark. We picked the races head to header in the spring racing David and I do. We're looking at fronts first race, one mile race with six horses curly in the field.
Speaker 5: Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 9: Let's go with the number one horse, Hondo Crouch.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the five horse, Redial. Nobody calls in putting anymore. Let's go with Redial as my favorite.
Speaker 3: Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Sending in a park every Friday, through Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. Tickets at Santanita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from former Dodger Ramon Martinez. That's coming up in fifteen minutes. But up next we'll get to your Dodgers Magical Moment. I'm Tim Kateson.
Speaker 5: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Iraki's final game of this three game sent first Pitch coming up at seven to ten. Herb Alford and the Tijuana Brass Live at the Hollywood Bowl on July fifth. Relive all those great hit songs and wonderful memories and a once of a lifetime concert event. Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Live at the Hollywood Bowl July fifth. Tickets available at Hollywood Bowl dot com.
Speaker 8: What Dog, Who Wants a Hot Cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 7: Ditch Magical Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Times.
Speaker 3: Well before there was Shohey Otani, and before there was Roki Sasaki, there was Adeo Nomo, and on September seventeenth, nineteen ninety six, in Colorado, a do Nomo, through a no.
Speaker 4: No Dalmo has done what they said could not be done.
Speaker 11: Not in the Model.
Speaker 4: High City, not at Forest Field in Denver, who is not only shot up the Rockies, who has pitched him no hitter?
Speaker 1: And thank goodness they saw in.
Speaker 3: Japan, Damn Nomo through two no hitters in his major league career, the first one September seventeenth, nineteen ninety six at Coors Field in Denver. As the great Vin Scully said, nobody thought it could happen, but Dale Nomo put zero's up on the scoreboard in the Mile High City against the Rockies.
Speaker 5: That is your Hoffy Magical moment.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Haffy hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot.
Speaker 5: Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back Heo Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all.
Speaker 3: Season long Dodgers Rockies, wrapping up the three games that show.
Speaker 5: Hey O Toddy on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: Time now for the Brizon startup is we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calverizon store today.
Speaker 7: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, We're closing out this series against the Rockies and lost in everything that happened last night was another great game by.
Speaker 9: Andy Paie has You've seen the growth and it's.
Speaker 8: Incredible well, and it's on both sides of the baseball. And I say that because the offense and the defense. In fact that I was making a note last night audibly during the broadcast when Tim and I are doing the games, if you look at Piez not only moving the batting average back up its two ninety nine forty nine runs batted in with the twelve home runs. The other part two is the defense and we used the drs the defensive runs scored in preventing those runs. And for Andy Pyees, I looked at center fielders just the other day and outfielders overall. You know, he's second best as far as the number of runs in the system that they had to analyze on base balls that are hip, how farther the outfielder is away from the area that the ball is going to land, the plays that they make, the throws that they make, and for Pines, that's one of the areas that gets overlooked because you know, when he first came up, he was not getting good jumps on baseball because he was on one foot. We've talked about this many many times, you and I in particular, the right foot was in the air. Well, you cannot move in any direction. You can fall to your right if your right foot's in the air, but you can't go to your left, you can't go in, you can't go back. And now he's got both feet on the ground, so he can go in any particular direction that he needs to and reads the ball off the bat very well. That's the other part. And all you need to do is take a few thousand fly balls in live batting practice to be able to get that pick the ball up as soon as you can. Defensively, centerfield or second base shortstop, I think have the advantage because you aren't playing up the middle. You're not having to play and look around the hitter as you do in a particular down the right field line, at the left field line if you're the outfield itself, so you can see the location of the baseball relative to home plate, if it's inside, if it's outside, because if its inside, you guys's either going to pull it again, jam one of the two probably, So you've got maybe a half a step better from a visual standpoint playing up the middle than you do playing in either the corner of the outfield.
Speaker 6: It seems like all of that has come together for him since the first two weeks of last season.
Speaker 8: I've said this before, is that Andie Pie has used to play center field. Now he owns it. And I think that if you look at the way that he plays, and I've said this before, it's as if he's playing outfield and delivering a message to the hitter, I dare you to hit it in my direction.
Speaker 9: I dare you.
Speaker 8: And that's the way you have to be aggressive, and you start to think about how many runs he has been able to stop the other team from scoring because of the defense, And obviously he's helping the run score with the offense.
Speaker 6: How about the sixth outfield assists, which leads Major League Baseball.
Speaker 9: Why do teams continue to try to run on him?
Speaker 8: Well, sometimes it's not that they're trying to stretch it into another base. You just flat out getting the ball understanding how to field it. That's the other part. I think Dino Ebel, the third base coach are now working with the outfielders, has done a tremendous job in working with the outfielders to where they can charge the baseball, field it cleanly and with a limited number of steps. After they field it, be able to uncort a very good throw. They're not taking four and five steps in order to field it and then throw the baseball. You cut it down to three steps and you get rid of it and make the good throw.
Speaker 6: I would imagine it's empowering to do what he's doing at the plate and do what he's doing in the outfield. I feel like one feeds off the other. Is that is that the right read on the way he's.
Speaker 8: Playing it appears to be uh, and it's it's fun to watch because he's in the book again. You start to look at a guy that has the confidence to say, David, I dare you to hit it in my direction.
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes you dare me to put on the headset, and I did again tonight.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, I dare you to try and get back at his boothe after we locked the door on.
Speaker 1: All right, rare to.
Speaker 9: See it, David, challenge accepted. We'll send it back here in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim Studio is always open for you.
Speaker 3: Here. DV Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclo Field the Dodge to Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com. Slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup mob be back with Tim never gets you those keys to the game. But up next, don't go anywhere in for a treat former Dodger right hander Mo Martinez. It was high and tight with DV when we return right here in your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Ante on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies show, Hey Otani on the Mount, first pitch coming up at seven ten Tigers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shaky's Dot Com And.
Speaker 7: Now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: Well, you never know who you'll see at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: And I am so happy I found this guy because he was one of the greatest pitchers of his generation. And certainly when you think about great Dodger pitchers, you have to think about the one and only Ramon Martin.
Speaker 9: And let me just give you his resume.
Speaker 6: Ramone Martinez tied Sandy coofax Is eighteen strikeout game in nineteen ninety. He threw a no hitter in the mid nineties. He was the man, not Pedro Ramon for the Dodgers. And Ramone Martinez is back at Dodger Stadium. Thank you so much for the time appreciated.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much to me. It's a great owner to be uh to.
Speaker 14: Be bou waving at Dodgers and I mean, I'm very happy to be here after a while, and.
Speaker 11: It's unbelievable good. It's a very nice, a very special place.
Speaker 6: When you first stepped into Dodgers Stadium, what memory do you have the most?
Speaker 11: Well, my memory walking in.
Speaker 14: I remember my first my first game when I pitched over here, my debut, and that was I'll go thirteen against the.
Speaker 11: Giant, which it was amazing.
Speaker 14: I mean like that gave me, like did the good taste of being the manual League.
Speaker 11: So that's I unbelievable.
Speaker 9: You pitched really well that game.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I pitched, Yeah, I pitched it. Especially that I remember the we on Penny Race. We were I had on the Western Division, we were head of the Yaion, So it was good, especially with that rivalry that the Dodger and the Giant hat always has.
Speaker 6: If you were growing up in the nineties, Ramon Martinez was one of your favorite pitchers, if not your favorite pitcher. Eighteen strikeouts in nineteen ninety. You don't think I know the team I do, the Atlanta Braves. You struck out eighteen Atlanta Braves, tying Sandy Cofax's record what do you remember about that night?
Speaker 14: But I think again like that, to me, I remember every every moment everything, because I remember the first one I fetched.
Speaker 11: When I go through the first fifteen.
Speaker 14: Botter, I got around twelve with strikeout, and it was like I would just stracking guys out. But I wasn't thinking about like, well, it's any record. Only when when I tied the record, doctor, when I hear that everybody you know, a whole fan, they would they would, they would, you know, They were like wow. And then I checked the scoreboard and not see that I just tied a record. So it was it was unbelieable, Uh, be one of those guys that, especially like Sandy my very I mean like one of my mentor one of the guy that I did I look up to, the guy that I talk a lot so give me good advice.
Speaker 11: So it was it was honor to me.
Speaker 6: The one thing I always hear Dominican players say about Romo Martinez, you talk about Sandy Kofax being your mentor. So many Dominicans say you were their mentor. What made you care about other players as much as maybe your own career?
Speaker 14: Well, I think you know, like especially when we come from I think some of the younger kids like you can give a good advice. So I learned that learn I learned from drag deal I learned from uh Newcomb, Johnny Potter, who talk to me my change up. I mean, all those guys we had in Dodger Town, and uh, it was easy, you know, get to them, talk to them. So you know, once you grew up with that, and then you become a major legal so you can give you can get back to the youngest.
Speaker 9: How about Oral Hersheizer. You're here with Oral.
Speaker 6: He's brought you back for his car dealership for legends addict. How much did Oral Herscheizer help you?
Speaker 14: Of course I'm breaking in my I remember my first game when I pitched. Also, like I spent time with orl and my uh you know, and and uh, when I become a forty man roster, that's when I got more time to spend time with him, and I would I would just take in every little detail whatever, you know, watch him watching pitch how I do. How smart it is. I mean, it was like unbelievable. So most of to pitch that way, the way I did it was it was it was because of him, because he was the guy who who can learned how to change speed on the game. I can move in the ball, I mean I have. I mean he was the guy who told me a lot of them about pitching.
Speaker 6: Ramote Martinez always paying it forward. I know, no mar Is over there, your brother's old teammate, but we care about Romote Martinez in La as far as you're no hitter.
Speaker 9: What do you have from that game? Still? Was it nineteen ninety.
Speaker 14: Five, nineteen ninety five, Yes, yeah, it was. It was a great game. It was a very excited game. I remember that I was perfect for us. I think it was just seven and seven and two thirty. I think it was going to perfect. But you know, you know that's a lot of butterfly when you pass, when you passed the fifteen, and you kind of take everything count, you tag it what I'm getting close. And then when I remember the eighth when I walked, uh, when I walked the guy the only walk that I have, It was a kind of release a little bit and then come back and you know I'll come back and finish it up.
Speaker 11: So it was tumblio experience.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: I think you still are wearing the same sunglasses used to wearing the dugout.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: I just hey, Ramo Martinez, a big fan. Thank you for the time, and like I said, great to have you back in LA.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: There he is the man, Ramo Martinez. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 3: Great to hear from Ramo Martinez, who made his major league debut in nineteen eighty eight with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Pitched at the age of twenty, by the way, pitched all the way with the Dodgers until nineteen ninety eight, two years in Boston, then a year in Pittsburgh to around out his career.
Speaker 5: What a good.
Speaker 3: Career was one hundred and thirty five career victories. As we lead you up to first pitch, when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere, Tim Cases the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino, Dodgers Hunters the game on your home for LA Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: First bench ofm Uniclowfield at Dodger Stadium coming up in sevent.
Speaker 7: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the Diaming, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Brought to you buy here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Tomoyuki Sagano on the mound four and three with the three eighties six Erra, thirty six year old pitcher out of Japan, pitched twelve years in Japan. Winner of one hundred and thirty six games, two forty three erra over there, fifteen hundred plus strikeouts now in his second season in the Major Leagues. Last year, the Oriols now at the Rockies fastball, splitter, sinker, slider, sweeper, cutter, kerb bo.
Speaker 5: He throws them all. Make it his eleven start this year.
Speaker 3: Last time out six and two thirty, He's two runs, six hits, three strikeouts in a no decision against the Diamondbacks. First time pitching at Dodgers Stadium, but not the first time the Dodgers have seen him, and actually the third time. They saw him last year in Baltimore, and they saw him this year at Coors Field last month, four innings, five runs, nine hits in the Dodgers seven to one win show hey Otani on the mound four and two is zero point seven.
Speaker 5: To three ERA.
Speaker 3: Thirty one year old right hander takes to mount to nine for his ninth start this season. Riding a sixteen innings scoreless streak two consecutive wins, He's held opponents to a one to sixty three batting average and a four to seventy one ops pretty low while striking out fifty four his zero point eight to four win which ranks third in the National League behind Paul Skeins and Jacob Mizerawski, and he has yet to give up more than two runs in any start this year. Otani has given up one or zero earned runs in seven of his eight starts, no runs in five of his eight starts. Among pitchers with a minimum of eight starts, his zero point seven to three ER ranks first, ranks first in the major leagues. By the way, Sho hey Otani going up against tonight Tomoyuku Sagano first time they've each pitched against another Japanese born pitcher in the Big League. How about that, Dodgers Rockies, we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys of the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world Serior Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Oh do you network?
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 7: Tap on your home for the blue all season long Dodgers Rockies.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani Totojuki Sogano the pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts, uh great moments.
Speaker 5: Start with Saporo beer. Whatever your taste preference to.
Speaker 3: Poro has you covered with a variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth. Tim Neverett, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again. We're counting you down to the first pitch tonight, Dodgers and the Rockies, Game three of this three game set some overcast skys, cool temps again in the sixties as we get ready for this one good pitching matchup. But show Heyo Tani best eer in Major League Baseball. Oh seventy threes, four and two coming on went over the podres He has pitched sixteen straight scoreless innings and right now he's been one of the best, if not the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 8: Well, it's been amazing what he does, not only throwing a lot of zeros up on the board, but kind of linkedining things out with the six innings that he has pitched in just about all of his games that he's had. He also if you look at the last three games, you know the slider has really been right in his wheelhouse because he's thrown at forty percent of the time and it has looked at times absolutely unhittable. The Dodgers have to figure out Sagano. They have seen him before. They had made adjustments before and for Segano, which of the seven pitches might he throw to the Dodger hitters? And then he wanted back now.
Speaker 2: The former Yomi Yuri Giant and Baltimore Oriole has faced the Dodgers before, but this will be his first start at Dodgers Stadium since the World Baseball Classic in twenty seventeen, when he pitched against Team USA and held him to one unearned run in six innings. Tomoyuki Sugano against Sho he So Tony. That's the pitching matchup tonight is the Dodgers look for the three games sweep over Colorado.
Speaker 3: Timp all right, Yeah, Dodgers going for the three games sweep over the Rockies. Meanwhile, the Giants lost today. That the Diamondbacks, who just keep on winning, now at thirty one and twenty four, and the Phillies swept the Padres within three to nine to win. So the Padres now thirty one and twenty four. Don't look now, but the Dodgers going into play tonight four games up on both the Diamondbacks and the Padres in the NL West. Dimonbacks have won five in a row, Padres have lost four in a row.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers will win.
Speaker 3: Tonight, can pick up another half game in the division, go up four and a half games over both Arizona and San Diego. First things first, take care of business and it begins with the greatest show in La show.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh, Tony taking the mountain.
Speaker 3: Next to enjoy, everybody, I have Tim Katson's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network