Speaker 1: I was driving through the parking lot next door and there was snow on the ground, just little, tiny, little blankets of snow.
Speaker 2: I kind of loved it. Yesterday when the little flakes.
Speaker 1: Came down, I didn't mind. It was a good day to stay inside and you know, eat some comfort food and watch some football.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I turned into soup this weekend because I had so pretty.
Speaker 1: Much all week in long. Not to make it right now, but I made shrimp chowder in the crock pot yesterday and it was actually really garl She had not clam chowder shrimp chowder?
Speaker 2: Did you bring some for Bailey?
Speaker 1: I did not know what what is she supposed to do? I brought her cookies instead.
Speaker 3: Can I have some?
Speaker 4: Mom?
Speaker 1: You want to see the video? It's on my Instagram Dave Ryan Katie would be The recipe Quite good is on Dave Ryan's show, where you can also find our weekend in five photos and you can find those on Instagram as well. So every Monday, one of the first things we do nothing like. One of the first things is we talk about how we all take pictures over the weekend, and sometimes you've got a favorite picture from the weekend that tells a little bit of a story I had several I had a good weekend. The girls came over. The little girls are five and three, and we were it was Pepa time because they called me Pipa and it was like Pipa this, Pipa that. And we had such a great time and we sang, and we did a little project and we played games. So I'd say, but my favorite picture is probably when my dog Bernie, who is not a snuggler, got up on the couch and put his head on my lap.
Speaker 4: I was cute.
Speaker 1: It was very cy He just does not do that, but it was like he finally decided to and I said, get a picture, get a picture. So that is my Probably my favorite picture of the weekend is my dog Bernie finally snuggled snuggling a little bit after four months cute.
Speaker 2: I did this puppy yoga class. I saw this as a door and it was so hard to actually try to do the yoga because you just wanted to play with the puppies the whole time. But there's a picture of two of them that fell sleep right in front of my mat and one.
Speaker 1: Slept on top of the other.
Speaker 2: Precious thing ever so that's definitely my favorite photo from my way.
Speaker 1: I can see why.
Speaker 3: Yes, yesterday I went to Twin Cities Con, which is like Comic Con at the Convention Center with my sister, and I ran into elf Ba and Glinda, but then also the boy versions of Alpha Butt and Glinda as well, so I got a picture with them. It was really cool. It was mostly just like great for like, you know, people watching.
Speaker 1: The famous people there because usually comic has like the cast of you know, some old show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brendan Fraser was there, and like a lot of people from the Mummy were there. He was probably the biggest name there. Then there were also people from like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a lot of like voice actors and stuff that we didn't meet anybody. We just were there for the people watching and kind of like window shopping nerd stuff.
Speaker 1: Big nerds. But you know what, speaking of nerds, I went to Ukulele Fest over the weekend, totally full of older nerds and it was totally cool. Loved every minute of it. My favorite picture so our puppy Ava.
Speaker 4: We've been trying to figure out what to do with her now that it's getting colder, so we found an indoor dog park.
Speaker 1: It's employment.
Speaker 4: It's called brew Park, and I like it because it's the puppies can go play. It's not too big where like it's a big old dog park. And then on the opposite side there's a like a bar and you can get food and drink so we can watch her through like a glass. So we went and we took her there. She was okay about it. I think she was like anxious. He was a very anxious puppy. But there's a picture of her when I finally walked back in from getting food and she ran straight to me, and I'm like, yes, she knows who I am, because we always worried like does she know who me and Alyssa, my girlfriend are, And then she ran straight to me.
Speaker 1: Confirmed it.
Speaker 2: Oh, dogs like pretty quickly realized who you are, just because I watch dogs and I'll know. I'll have a dog for like two days. Take them to the dog park and they run up to me constantly at the dog park. Thank god, they know who I am. And what if they get confused and don't know which one they're supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Got homework right, They're amazing. Like somebody said, we don't deserve dogs.
Speaker 2: I tell you, guys, something that happened to me at brunchesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I go to meet up with some girlfriends and we have planned to meet at ten am at a place and I'm not going to call this place out because it was very frustrating. But we get there and we did make a reservation. So they're like, oh, it'll be about like a twenty minute wait, well, like forty minutes later, and you.
Speaker 1: Had made a reservation.
Speaker 2: No, we hadn't. You had not, We had not, Okay, so they said, like a twenty minute wait, Well, forty minutes later, we keep seeing like everyone else gets sat, like everyone in front of us gets sat, some other people that are waiting whatever. And my girlfriend's like, hey, just wondering if we're up soon. They're like, yeah, you're the next one. Okay, Another ten minutes pass by. Finally I go up and I go, hey, I understand the system. I know you have reservations. I assume they get to get sat before us. Is there going to be a table for us at all?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: And they basically finally after fifty minutes, we're like fifty They were like, I'll be honest, I don't know, like we might be able to get you in, And I understand that it was our fault for not making a reservation. However, I also worked as a hostess before, and I feel like, you do not tell someone twenty minutes and then knock at them intil finally fifteen minutes later, we're all angry and we jet out of there. We go to a different rout.
Speaker 1: You left out all that I left. We left that call.
Speaker 3: The rest time.
Speaker 2: I was down the street and I was like, you guys got opening and they're like, yeah, if you come in now, you'll be fine, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, thank god.
Speaker 2: We walked this out of that and like they serve a little mini donut complimentary donut, and we.
Speaker 1: All immediately grabbed around donut.
Speaker 2: Like yes, it's literally like parall at that point. But yeah, I like was very nice to the hostess, but I just was like, man, I'm please, someone tell someone twenty minutes and then fifty minutes later, you still don't even know if what we're getting in soon, like come on.
Speaker 4: And we went to che Cheese the other day. They since the first time there since roe hoo. They said like forty minute wait and me and a Lissa were like mmm, but we were like, let's just wait. Let's just wait, And I'm glad we did because it wasn't It's like it was like fifteen. But to your point, Jenny, say more that way. If it is, you know, forty fifty minutes, at least you were honest with me and I'm not sitting they're waiting with the false expectation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right. We got our food event. We went to a different place, got food and it was great. Honestly, I feel like I'm happy we ended up at the other place because I loved my food. It was so.
Speaker 1: Good, you know what, I and I wouldn't. I mean, it is tough to, like, you know, have somebody coming without reservations. And yeah, they probably tried their best, but fifty minutes you would rather have them told you, you know what, there's just no way you're not going to get in. All right, Target shout out Target employees because Target has launched a new rule that is a little bit flirty. And if you work at Target, maybe you know about this one. Target is encouraging their workers to be a little bit more flirty. And we'll talk about this coming up next on you can't make this stuff up on KTEWB. If you need anything from US Texas at kd WB one U.
Speaker 2: Two three four.
Speaker 1: If you're shopping at Target this holiday season, and you probably are because you know most of us here love Target, and it seems like an employees being extra attentive. They're probably not flirting with you. It's just a new policy. Target is supposed to supposedly and maybe is somebody listening who works at Target, because we got a ton of them who listened to the show. Let me know launched a ten four program requiring workers to engage with customers within close proximity. So if they're within ten feet of you shopping, they're being told smile at you, and as you get closer, they'll make eye contact and wave or say hello. If they're within four feet of a shopper, they must ask if you need help finding anything, or they're directed to ask how their day is going, or a similar pleasantry like what's up? You know something like that, Yeah, what mouth do? No? No, As you said pleasantries, Well, there's a difference. I mean, I'm sure that some people would like to be asked what that mouth do make me? In Target m Target says, heading into the holiday, we're making adjustments and implementing new ways to increase connection during the most important time of the year a year round. Though, that's a hello.
Speaker 2: I actually think this is going to make me get out of Target quicker, because that's like the Buckle's motive. Like remember when we walk into the Buckle and people would try to run to the back of the wall before someone would say.
Speaker 1: Hi, can I help you? They used to do that at the Disney store too, right here, Yeah, they had similar proximity rules for customer and interaction, including Walmart and Disney. So this is not the first time. What did you have to do with the Disney store?
Speaker 3: Pretty much, the second someone's foot came into the door, you'd have to say hello, and then if as they got closer, you would ask them if they needed help finding anything today, or like what kind of magical gifts were they looking for their treasure chest?
Speaker 1: You know, something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then young people would start coming into the store and running to touch the back of the store before.
Speaker 1: We spoke to them, No kidding, but.
Speaker 3: Then it was like a game with us too, would be like hello, now what store?
Speaker 1: Right? I'm sure what store has like the worst customer interaction? I'm thinking of, like if you go to a store, like I haven't been to a Spencer's in a long time, but I remember going to Spencer's and there's usually somebody with a bunch of piercings sitting behind the counter. They're bored and they walk by and you go, Hi, can can you tell me where the black light posters are? And they're like, find them yourself. The old fart I mean is Spencers? Where is the worst customer service?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would say, like, and I think it's because they're understaffed, like a Michael's or a Joeann's before they all went under it. Okay, I would go in there and I wouldn't know where I could find anyone, so I'd just be like looking for I don't know, cross touch thread and I would can't find it. So I'm looking for someone to tell me, like, where is anyone who works here? I have no idea. Okay, I can't ever find those people.
Speaker 2: Home depot is always great, yeah, the same rules because they are always asking me can I help you?
Speaker 1: Can I help you?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 1: I never get that at home depot, but they're always more than willing to help and drop everything to come help you find the hammers or what.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I always when you said spencers and people with like piercings and stuff. When I was in high school, I was always so scared of the people working at Hot Topic.
Speaker 1: But they were always me nice people.
Speaker 3: They were so nice, but they were scary.
Speaker 1: They looked scary, but they're they're kind of like bikers. Yes, a lot of bikers. They look scary, but they're the biggest sweethearts out. Yes, they are nice.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm here to buy my Harry Potter shirt and they'd be like, sure, sweetie, let me ring that up for you.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, I don't know. I think I was walking our dog Ava and I see this guy walking down the other side of the road. He's got tattoos, the big gauges in his ears like a vest, and every biker to the core he's he's Ava.
Speaker 3: Hey qt.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is a turn of events. I love that. Okay. I got some news for you about Christmas Wish. Christmas Wish is where we help out people in need. We've done it every year for over thirty years, and I've got a big announcement for Christmas Wish coming up next on KDWB. If you're curious, you want to help somebody out, stay here after Morgan Wall and we'll talk about that on kd WB. Got to talk about Christmas Wish on KDWB. So if you want to help out somebody this holiday season, we do this every year. I get a script in front of me, but I'm not going to use that. I don't need this. I've got to talk about Christmas wish for so long. Basically, Christmas wish. You're familiar with it, you know exactly what it is. If you're not, let me give you a brief little thumbnail. If you know a family in need or an individual in need through no fault of their own, if they've led a like a wonderful life and they've tried really hard and just things are not working out for you know, medical reasons, or they're getting older or whatever it is, and they find themselves short on money for kids for Christmas, or a new water heater or a new stove, or their handicapped van lift doesn't work anymore. Whatever it is that we can help out with. You write us a letter, You write us an email, and you tell us about this person, you tell us what they need, and then we try to help them out. That's Christmas wish. So here's the way you start. Go to KDWB dot com keyword wish and then there's a link on there too, and I think it says Christmas Wish twenty twenty four, so it says donate.
Speaker 2: There's a big red button that says donate. When you go into that, it says Christmas Wish twenty twenty four, but it promise you it's it's for the US year. I'm trying to figure out how to get a change.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll work on that. But anyway, if you want to donate, that's awesome. If you want to nominate, that's awesome. To go check out the guidelines. There's some guidelines to help get your wish granted on ktbdb dot com. U then look for the keyword wish or slash wish works also ktwdb dot com slash wish. We'll be back in a second sing along song of the day. What do you want to sing along to? Maybe you want to sing along with Making Trainer, you want to sing along with NXSS. Too bad, we can't play an access it's too old. Whatever it is you want to sing along with, let us know, send me a text at KTWB one and we'll do that next morning. Around this time, we asked like, what do you want to hear? What do you want to sing along with? So Libby texted in with a sing along song of the day. Good morning, Libby, Good morning. We're all curious what you did this weekend, Libby?
Speaker 3: I work?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, oh two wow? What kind of work do you do?
Speaker 3: I was working at a group hoem this weekend and then today.
Speaker 1: My main job is a preschool teacher. Wow, you are a busy busy Libby. Is that like adults or kids or what group home? I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: It's for adults.
Speaker 1: That's very nice. That the very that are very rewarding and very challenging work. Libby, you deserve to sing along with the radio to your favorite song. Do you want to sing along too? What do you want to sing to?
Speaker 4: Come on over, by, Christina Aguilera.
Speaker 1: We can do that. Have a great day, Libby, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Coming.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, we were busy talking about the importance of kissing. Yeah, and so we're all agreeing here that the kissing is very important, and how some adults don't literally they can be like that. I'm at like thirty five years old and they don't know how to kiss. And I think it's a matter of not knowing how erotic and fun kissing can be. So you think it's more of like a ritual, like, oh, we got to kiss, more like you're a fish that's been thrown up on a beach.
Speaker 4: What you ever seen that show love at first kiss? It's like one of those TLC shows. This dude who very clearly is just like a nerd, has never had a kiss. He walks him to this girl and he gets ready to kiss her. He's all anxious, all an kiss, and then he like kisses her on the cheek and then he You would have thought he just made love or something for the first time.
Speaker 1: The way he reacted.
Speaker 4: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: It was just like a little peck on the chee.
Speaker 4: You literally look up it's called Cringey love it first kiss.
Speaker 1: Look it up.
Speaker 4: If you're at Homie you're curious.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we got off on that, but we sure did. Let's do Dave's dirt on KATWB.
Speaker 2: You don't need social media.
Speaker 3: For gossip, rumors and half truths.
Speaker 1: You've got Dave's dirt on kat w B. Well, there was a whole lot going on over the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over the weekend. We're gonna cover that. We're gonna cover the Grammy announcements, but we'll just why not throw out this one randomly. Salt and Peppa were inducted and they had a performance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony like sound.
Speaker 4: Nice chick one like sound Nice chick like sound, Nice chick three?
Speaker 1: Oh ready, roll the roll all the fame.
Speaker 3: Like you just don't care, and came pe tonight then.
Speaker 1: Me he today, I gat I'm glad they're still around doing their things. They gonna be like they're gonna be pushing sixty years old by now.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 1: I really think they Oh yeah, look them up.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I equate them to like TLC. But they're older than TLC, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, yeah, not by much though, Yeah, I would say probably they gotta be like fifty five to sixty by now. Anyway, we're gonna cover the Grammy nominations coming up in a second. But first, Jenny, what do you got.
Speaker 2: Britney Spears returned to Instagram on Friday. She posted about the importance of boundaries and plugged a self help book. So much has happened this year, she says, it's crazy. I try to live within my means in the book draw the Circle as an incredible perspective. But one week ago, Brittany deactive editor account and amid the tension with her ex, Kevin Hep fetterline because we know he's been doing like this big press tour for his new book that came out and all that stuff. So I feel like she was like, I gotta get away, which I feel like actually is a bold and smart thing for her to do and actually feels like she would be mentally well for taking a break from Instagram. But then she was back like.
Speaker 1: A week later, so I feel like we called it.
Speaker 3: We were like, well, how long is this going to las? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think she just loves the attention. Here's somebody who's had attention since she was, like, you know, in the Mickey Mouse Club at fourteen years old. She's never lived without attention. And so she's not touring, she's not recording, so that's her her Whatever you you know, you get your don matter well yeah, sure, but you also get those, you know, the little spikes of dopamine from firm her Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. I've been paying a lot of attention to Millie, Bobby Brown and David Harbor from Stranger Things, because there were reports that surface that she had filed a complaint against David Harbor for harassing her on the Stranger Thing set or bullying her. But those reports have never been denied, and they were like unofficially confirmed by insiders quote unquote. But when they were at the premiere of Stranger Thing season five last week, they were like smiling, laughing, hugging each other. And I feel like even if even if you had this like beef, you wouldn't be smiling, laughing, hugging each other. So we're not necessary. I feel like it was all again, we were talking about it. It's a rollout, And now sources are saying that her complaint against David Harper was resolved and there hasn't been a problem since.
Speaker 4: From the Grammys desk, I'm so excited these of course they came out right after our show Friday. But Album of the Year a lot of the typical like the ones you suspect so Bieber for Swag, which is that big album he dropped out of nowhere. So Brina Carpenter's in there, Lady Gaga, Bad Bunny, Kendrick, Lamar, Leon Thomas, who if he didn't know we play a song every now and then. He's from Victorious, a Title of the Creator and clips push.
Speaker 1: A t in Malice.
Speaker 4: Any predictions Gang For Album of the Year, I think Sobrina Arbeter, Let's be real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Grammys are always the grammyst so you just never know.
Speaker 4: For a Record of the Year, Bad Bunny, Sabritta Carpenter, Doci and that amazing anxiety song Billy Eilish Wold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, gotcha. It's like god, that was one of the worst songs we've ever known.
Speaker 4: It's been sarcastic Record of the Year, continuing with Billie Eilish, Wildflower, Lady Guy, got Abracadabra, Kendrick and Sizza with Luther Bailey's Girl, Chapel Roone in the Subway and Rose Bruno mars apt I feel like apt has been out for like two years. How was that nominated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question. You must have just barely met the deadline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I'll do Best New Artists because these are interesting. You got Somber, who we play, Addison Ray, Alex Warren, who I think is gonna get it, Katsi Leon, Thomas Lowly Young, the Marias or Olivia Dean.
Speaker 3: What's cool is that we've played all of those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 2: That's kind of neat to me. That is like a lot of times. I feel like half of those artists you've never heard of. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's be real, I think it's just going to go straight to Alex Warren because he he's had a big year. However, for Best New Artist, Olivia Dean is coming up.
Speaker 1: I so is Somber, right, Yeah, totally cool.
Speaker 3: About Alex Warren being nominated for that. Well, not cool but interesting is that his song Ordinary didn't get nominated for anything, but he'd got nominated for Best New Artists.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well here's another one. So Somber nominated for what Best New Artist? He is twenty years old. He was the musical guest on SNL over the Weekend. And it's funny because somebody figured out that Keenan Thompson had already been on the show for two years when Somber was born in July of two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: This from us and no.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: He's so good.
Speaker 1: I stayed auld and watch a little bit because I wanted to watch Nicky blas Blazer. I never remember her last name. And she was good. I mean, she did a monologue that was really it could have been anywhere. It could have been her Cleveland show. It wasn't released Pacific to anything on SNL, but if she was good. We'll have more clips of that coming up in a little bit. Dirt is brought to you by six to one to two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. You hear that Taylor Swift did a planned photo op with Sabrina Carpenter. Yeah, they went to dinner together the other night in New York and they went they basically they looked a little bit silly walking in And I'm gonna tell you why because Taylor wore about five inch Gucci platform heels and Sabrina, Sabrina who's only like four foot eleven, she wore heels too, but they're like three inch heels, and Taylor looks like a giant test walking in. It really looks I mean, you know they're different heights, Yeah, but it looks a little bit silly. So basically she's publicly taking her bride's mates out to eat one at a time and letting people know this is what we're doing. So it's definitely an orchestrated kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I like, I love those pictures when I saw them because Taylor's legs were like the same size as Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: It was so I mean, we obviously know that the government's been shut down, but if you haven't heard this, a bipartisan group in the Senate advanced a funding packaged Sunday, so yesterday that aims to end it. The measure did pass by a sixty to forty vote, signaling sufficient support to move forward, and the agreement would extend government funding through January thirtieth, while combining three full year appropriations bills to reopen key agencies so federal workers will receive back bay in layoff freezes until the end of January. But I was following along with Sharon McMahon, who we have on the show quite a bit, and she's always on top of all the straight facts of everything, and she's been helpful too, and she kind of explained how like a lot of the Democrats that are voting in favor of what the Republicans are are people who aren't going to need to do reelection for a few years, which is probably why they're allowing the government to move forward with what the Republicans want because they're not concerned about reelections.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so yeah, they did a practice vote last night and if it goes well from what I know, then it could reopen. The government could reopen soon. So there is some glimmer of hope on the horizon, but it is still up in the air as far as flying, and they are I think, closing major airports to private planes. So in other words, private planes like your Kim Kardashian Taylor Swift planes can't land at MSP. They can, right, They could land at Flying Cloud, or they could land at Anoka, but then they would have to catch an uber to wherever they're going.
Speaker 3: Then Kim Kardashian's in Eden. Prairie grub No, but that's what I hear. Speaking of Kim Kardashian, she flung her bar exam went last week, so she said on her Instagram story, She's not a lawyer yet. I just play a very well dressed one on TV. No shortcuts, no giving up, just more studying.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's be honest. Is anybody rooting for Kim Kardashian to become a lawyer? Or did we get a little bit of glee when she did not pass her bar exam? I'm human, I'll admit it. I was like, what she admitted, you didn't paraiss it. Last week we.
Speaker 4: Talked about she admitted she used chat shebt to take one of the tests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, dug.
Speaker 3: So what's interesting to me is that, honestly, her failing this is actually making me learn a lot about the bar exam. So it's a two day test. It consists of five one hour essay questions, a ninety minute performance test, and two hundred multiple choice questions. And seventy percent of first time takers pass, and so that's thirty percent that do not pass, but the pass rate for repeat takers is only twelve percent. And she never went to formal law school, so that's probably why she's having a hard time pass.
Speaker 1: She watched a YouTube video exactly exactly she follows lawyer on TikTok. Yeah, and that's how she learned right. That is it for the dirt for now. On Katie WB. Let's do this. Let's do the Monday Morning dance party. Want to dance around in your car, that's great. Want to dance around your kitchen while you're making lunches for the kids. Get the kids up to dance too. It's the Dayants Party on k d w B. Coming up on kt w B, Bailey had a date on Friday. We're gonna go about that. Went my mama, Cindy. Cindy, Jenny's mom. Cindy had a date also over the weekend. We got to catch up on that. Jenny was busy over the weekend too, and she is she said, well, she is having trouble walking. All right, We'll be back. All the updates coming up next on kt W