Speaker 1: Hey, I'm sure he'll stop cheating once you get married. Another war of the roses is after seven on Mojo in the morning. I'm kind of shocked by this.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked that, you know, people don't necessarily like the idea of changing the time, which I don't like change in the time period. But most Americans two thirds are tired of adjusting their clocks twice a year and say they would just like to stay in the current situation that we're in. I don't like the current situation. I want to have it be the whole spring forward, whatever the time is, where I can have it be daylight and have it be later in the day and start the morning darker. I'm fine with that. And I want to ask this question real quick. I want to see what you guys think about this. Would you rather have it be that the sun doesn't come up until eight am, but it stays out later until like seven or eight a clock, or in the summertime when it goes late it's like nine o'clock. Or would you rather have it that you start to day with it popping up here in the next you know, who knows how long. Because we're changing the clocks again, By the way, did you know that? So we're sprit so, yes, we're loose.
Speaker 3: Stop doing that.
Speaker 2: We're losing an hour never because you know why, there's got to be somebody getting money for this with the first option you have, because it's not like we really see the sun anyway.
Speaker 1: Just to be sorry, I mean, we're in here. I'd rather it be lighter for longer any day. Yeah, same, I want that absolutely.
Speaker 2: One reason that people like the idea of the change this weekend is Americans like their evenings with more daylight. Sixty four percent say that they prefer to get dark later in the evening, while fifteen percent prefer early sun sets. Uh and early sun rises. And I is it daylight savings time or what is it called? And right now, like I know that there's two of them, right.
Speaker 4: It's no, it's always daylight savings. It's whether you fall back or spring forward. So this weekend we're springing forward, so we lose an hour of sleep.
Speaker 1: But why do they call it daylight savings time?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I can't remember. I'm sure I learned about it at some point.
Speaker 1: But we're saving daylight. Oh maybe that's funny.
Speaker 4: I think when I because I went to college in Indianapolis, and I want to say when I was there, they didn't never they didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Or Arizona and Indianapolis, I think are the two states. Okay, so I'm not crazy.
Speaker 4: I do remember not not participating in that.
Speaker 2: Because when I lived in Arizona, same situation, we didn't do it. But the thing that would suck was I'd be in Arizona trying to call back to my family and it.
Speaker 1: Would never remember.
Speaker 2: Well, and now it's two hour difference, but this weekend's going to start a three hour difference for those guys.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 1: The weird part with how everything.
Speaker 2: Was with Indiana was it you would it would always be based on when I would drive to Chicago and drive through Indiana that I would wouldn't know exactly what time it was.
Speaker 1: Laurie, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hi? Long time listener, but first one in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 5: My pleasure.
Speaker 3: Really I agree with say things that daylight savings forward. I'd rather have it lighter in the evening due to when it gets stuck between four point thirty and five, you feel like it's time to go to bed, and I hate that. I hate it. I'd rather I work early in the morning. I don't mind driving in the dark, I don't care, but I love to have it lighter in the evening. It just makes your day feel better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you it is such a depression for me when it gets dark early on at five o'clock, you know, like, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Feel like you go to that. It just it just makes you feel more gloomy, cabin fever.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, yeah, call us more often, Laurie, We love you for listening you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, have a good weekend. Changing those clocks. What's up, Pam, how you doing?
Speaker 3: H good morning. Yeah, So right now we are on standard time, That's what I thought. And then yeah, and then to daylight saving.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's standard time, and then it's daylight savings when we when we spring right.
Speaker 3: Correct correct, And then there's been like petitions for congressmen and stuff trying to keep us on daylight saving time. I guess the issue is how it would be in the mornings for school kids. It wouldn't be light until like nine am, so all kids would be in the dark waiting for buses, rather than just like the high school. And that's the issue. You know. I don't think anyone wants darkness at five pm. But I think it's the morning time for the little kids who are waiting for buses.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something, No kids sitting at a bus stop, their mom are driving them to school.
Speaker 1: Everybody drops their own kids out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I drive my kids to school. All the parents are there in their cars at the bus stops. I drive right by and no kids are standing there. What is the difference?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had? Yeah, I walk both ways uphill. Take care of yourself. I've heard that. In a minute, you're a wizy. What's going on? Martin? Good morning guys, Good morning Martin. So maybe I think correct.
Speaker 3: But the thing I learned about in school is daylight saving time was used back in like the eighteen hundreds and Earling nineteen hundreds for farmers.
Speaker 1: And workers to have more daylights.
Speaker 3: That way they could get more done.
Speaker 4: But what do they have to do with twenty six is my I'm always like that was the olden days.
Speaker 1: They have lights on trucks now, I believe it or not. Yeah, no, it's it's getting ridiculous with the fact.
Speaker 3: Keep bouncing back and forth.
Speaker 1: I want my sleep, I know.
Speaker 2: I just to me though, this weekend is gonna be great except for the loss of an hour's sleep. But it's gonna be great next week because it's gonna make you feel like it's warmer too. I know that's another one too. When the sun goes down, it doesn't feel like it's warm, and I feel like we also get a little bit of sun too, which I think.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to get.
Speaker 2: Temperatures that next week might be like right around seventy what's up, Jim last calling this one? I'm beating a dead clock? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, I think it's really ridiculous that we as humans are talking about what time we want our clocks at when the sun literally only stays up there for a certain amount of time. I get like the sun does not care what we want our clocks to say that it's only gonna be up there for.
Speaker 1: The time it's gonna be up there. It's like the sun is not like, well, they.
Speaker 5: Say they wanted daylight a little longer, so I'm gonna sat here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know this, but Trump said he's gonna release all all the files on the Martians. I think it's the Martians that are doing all this stuff to us. I'm telling you, I want to know, don't you want to know? Maybe they're controlling the sun.
Speaker 1: They could be, could be all right, and by.
Speaker 2: The way, you're absolutely right, but I think it's let's control the sun and what time everything is by just not doing the whole thing that we do in the fall where we change the clocks there. Let's just keep it the way that it is. Uh, I feel seasonal depression. You know who it's sponsored by telling you it's sponsored by Zoloft.
Speaker 1: I love Sooloft.
Speaker 2: Guess what you morning would not have to take it if we kept the sun in a certain place.
Speaker 4: That there were a lot of other reasons I take no, I take it for anxiety.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling it it gives you or whatever other drugs you like to take, blacks of pro all right,