Speaker 1: This is off season Dodger Talk Winter Meetings edit year.
Speaker 2: Now Everyone's favorite Dodger Insight David Basset.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to our third consecutive Dodger Talk David Vase live from the Sportsnet LA studios. We had just finished access Sportsnet Dodgers Day three recapping the Winter meetings, and Jerry Harriston Junior is going to stop by at seven point thirty and coming up in our next segment, Andre eighth Year is going to join us. He just got out of his kid's Christmas program and was eager to join us. So everybody from Jerry Harriston Junior to Brian Cranston to Andre eighth Year are as excited as you are about the Dodgers wanting more, wanting a three peat. And we are going to have another Dodger Talk on Friday night at seven o'clock as well. We'll have another special guest trying to work on it. It might be a big enough guest where they could tell us what's going on as far as other moves the Dodgers have up their sleeve. And look, you heard Petro some Money talk about it mock Pingalore from KTLA five News and it sounded like a generic fan basically. You know, I could have came on here. I could have gone on Twitter weeks ago and said, Hey, I hear the Dodgers and Tigers are talking about Tarrek's scouble. Yeah, they talked about Trek scouble two years ago, but the Tigers were not going to trade him because they believed they were going to be contenders the following year. And that's exactly what took place. The Tigers have been very good the last couple of years. Now, here's what I know as far as the Trek Scouoball situation. Number One, they're GM. Scott Harris has had multiple chances to deny and flat out say he is not trading terror schoolbl He never did that and has not done that, which makes me believe there is a very good chance that Tarrek Scuubole gets traded before opening day. I was a little suspicious that these were just rumors and the Tigers were just trying to gather information, and at the end of all of this, they may just be doing that. But I know a lot of people in Orlando, and I'm not talking about media people. I'm talking about a lot of managers and GMS in Orlando either believe Schoolball is going to get traded or are not sure whether or not the Tigers will trade him. What I knew now talking to people in Orlando that we're there and are very familiar with what the Tigers are asking for Trek's Scoobol. They are asking for a one year rental of Trek's Scoobol, a package that would rival with the Padre sent to the Nationals for Juan Soto. In case you don't know what that was, and Soto was under team control for two years. The Padres sent cj Abrams, James Wood, Mackenzie Gore, Luke Voight, and an outfielder that never materialized in another starting pitcher that never materialized, six prospects, one that was ready to go, the other two a year or so away for two years of control of Juan Soto. From what I understand, the Tigers wants something that rivals that. And the difference is the Tigers are trying to win, and if they trade Trek Scoobel, they've got to sell to their fan base in Detroit. We just traded the best picture the Tigers have had since Jack Morris or Justin Verlander more recently for more than just prospects, very winnable Ale Central and the Dodgers have those type of players to send to Detroit. And before we go any further with all that, let's just make this clear. The reason why there has been rumors and reports linking the Dodgers to a possible trade for Trek Skoubel is not because of their three hundred and something million dollar payroll, not because they have the financial wherewithal, but because of their drafting and developing. When they don't even have first round picks, they just forfeited their second and fifth highest draft picks by signing Edwin Diaz. This is a testament to Andrew Friedman, to Brandon Gomes and their scouting department to be able to not only go after the top tier guys like Otani Freeman and Taoscar Hernandez and even to a certain extent, Mookie Betts when they extended him, but Blake Snell, Tyler Glass now guys like that. It's not just about them going after those top tier, high money free agents, but also having the farm system thanks to their player development, to be able to be even considered by the Tigers. Said, Hey, this team may have what we want. If the Dodgers do end up trading for Trek Skouble, whether it's before the season or at the trade deadline, don't get it twisted. There's going to be people outraged and pointing the finger that baseball's broken. The Dodgers have all this money, uh huh. When it comes to this, this is about their drafting, their scouting, and their player development to have players young players prospects to be able to trade and be engaged with the Tigers for a Trek Scooble. Has nothing to do with the size of their payroll. Has everything to do with their player development and having these players that are very talented, whether or not they turn out to be really good or not well right now, a lot of people believe they have the potential and that's why they get tagged as a prospect and have one of the top five farm systems according to multiple publications. So if this happens, it's not because of the financial might of the Dodgers, it's because of the player development system and the drafting under Andrew Friedman. And look if Tarrek's scouble, if the Tigers are listening for Trek Scouble, you gotta believe Andrew Friedman is not just going to pass on it. He's going to be aggressive because he has the prospects to be aggressive within reason, within reason. And don't forget Trek Scuble is a Scott Boris client. The chances of him agreeing to an extension are very unlikely. Boris clients usually go to free agency, especially in a situation like this, especially for the premiere pitcher. Scott Boris is not going to sign an extension. He is going to take Trek Scouble to the open market. Whether it's the Mets, whether it's the Dodgers, whether it's the Pirates, whether it's the Tigers. Trek's Scouble will be a free agent. So it's a one year rental with the hopes of trying to bring him back. Make no mistake about that other Dodger news Taoscar Hernandez, who has been rumored in trades. He told a reporter in Spanish, I believe his I tweeted out his name. I don't know him off the top of my head, but I'm going to get his name right now. He told Moisis Moisus fabion of Moises to sport this that he is not going to play for Team Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic so he can get the recovery that his body requires. Remember he had the groin injury, so he is not going to play for the World Baseball Classic. He has let Albert Poolhols know that already, and the Athletic is reporting the Royals have been a team that has a lot of interest in Taioscar Hernandez. So we'll see what happens with ta Oscar. If you see some of the videos on his Instagram, he looks phenomenal. He looks like he's ready for a rebound season, and I hope that's with the Dodgers. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. We have phone lines open at eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Andre Ethier is going to check in outside of his kids Christmas program. Ethier a man that spent his entire Major League career with the Dodgers and still has strong bonds to the Dodgers, the players, the organization is going to join us next and Jerry Harriston Junior is going to join us. At the bottom of the hour. David Vasse with you until eight o'clock on Dodger Talk live from the Sports net LA studios, five seventy LA Sports. Thanks to the good people here at sports net LA for allowing me to do radio magic from their studios. We just wrapped up access sportsnet Dodgers at seven o'clock. I'm sure it's replaying right now and we'll replay tomorrow morning. You can find that on sportsnt ALA and also we have Dodger Talk for you on Friday night at seven o'clock as well. Jerry Harriston Junior is going to join us at the bottom of the hour. Andre Ethier going to check in outside of his kid's Christmas program. But I kind of filled you in on everything I know. When it comes to Trek's schooble am I going to say, hey, I'm hearing Andrew Freeman's really working hard, or there's an extension, or the Tiger's owner has got to sign off. If you're getting so far down the road on a trade, the owner would be very much involved before you got that far down the road. And I'm not saying that it's not going to happen. I would say that if the Tigers are indeed open to trading Schooble. The Dodgers and Mets would be the two favorites to land him for a one year rental and see where it goes from there. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, we are joined right now by a man that spent his entire twelve year Major League career with the Dodgers. He still has strong ties and a lot of Dodger pride and may have even had something to do with Edwin d As choosing the Dodgers over the Mets. He's outside of his kids Christmas program. The love of the game still very strong for Andre Ethier Dre. Thanks a lot for calling in. How did the Christmas program go?
Speaker 2: It went good? Thanks for having me on, Dave, you know, into with the gotel on the mountain for the big clothes and you know what a night you know, good night. You know what a season it is. And like you mentioned about our guy, our newest edition there, Edwin Diaz had a chance to, you know, be at the MLB Awards there Vegas a couple of weeks ago for the golf Term and Award show, and it happened to be I don't know if it was meant to be or not, but it was. I was at a table for the Ward Show with Edwin Diaz, and that was the first thing I said to him as soon as we sat down, was you're gonna sign with the Dodgers, right, And of course he gave me that smirk. And I sat there now for the entire two hour event and talked up the Dodgers soon the whole time. So I don't know if I had a had a hand in it or not, but I like to say that I was one of the first ones to go heavy and hard after him that he should be a Dodger.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And you know this better than we do. Players talk when they hear that from another player or they hear it from current players. How much does that sway a guy from choosing one team from the other if it's close like it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if I don't know if he was taking my word, but he probably got more annoyed with me sitting there talking to him about the Dodgers and how great it was. And I know his brother was on the team, and you know, he's pretty familiar with his experience there and I mean what to get what to start to to the offseason. I'm not surprised that the that the Dodgers made that move, and I'm not surprised that the first ones to make the big splash and let everyone else know there. You know, no across baseball that we're not stopping by any means. Just because they've won the second World Series doesn't mean they're going to stop there. And they're going after it again and doubling down. And I've seen a lot of rumors here about another certain Cali Arizona boy that could be end up a Dodger here hopefully if the trade comes down to it. And you know what a time to be a Dodgor to be a doctor fan, all Right?
Speaker 1: So I asked Brian Cranston this the other night. He's in London on on some sort of theater. He's starring in a theater. Play out there, my three sons. It's one am in London. When Game seven was going on in Toronto. We haven't talked. You haven't really shared where you were when the Dodgers found a way somehow to come back to win Game seven. Where was Andre Ethier watching Game seven of this year's World Series.
Speaker 2: I was luckily sitting at home, uh, you know for the night before. I I I think I hastily pushed my kids through the neighborhood. You hurried them for trick or treating the night before, and that next night definitely exhausted from you know, the night of of a trick or treating. I got a chance to sit at home and watch that game, and I mean, yeah, the edge of my seat. I uh, I guess that one play alone just sums up the game of baseball. That play at home plate that Mickey made, and uh, you know, with the outreach and stretch of Wales Smith there, it's a game of inches. You hear all the time, a game of inches. And literally the Blue Jays were that close, like that close from winning a World Series and the Dodgers losing and it just slips away. And yeah, so I was lucky to be able to sit at home to enjoy that. I was screaming for that last you know, six innings of the game going through it. But shows a lot to you know, what this team has done with organization done. And I guess you know, you year it over and over. You can't be more proud or more happy for the fan base and for the city of la for how they've rallied around this team the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: You said you were sitting next to Edwin Diaz at the MLB Award Show. You were partners with Will Smith in the golf tournament part of that week in Vegas. What did he share with you about the World Series? So what did you ask him about the play at the plate, about the home run? Did you, guys, did you try to pick his brain and figure out what he was feeling through all that?
Speaker 2: Well, Actually a very interesting twist to that. Our first day pairing and that golf tournament head to head was with Blue Jay's. We were paired with Clement and the big home run hitter walk off Joe Carter himself. Oh wow was our pairing. Yeah, it was our pairing for the first day and so Joe, Joe Carter had nothing but bad energy. He'd liked to say towards Will Smith because he said, you try to steal my shiginn and in Toronto, and after he was giving Will Smith a hard time about the whole time. So, yeah, Will got to extrapolate a little bit on that home run, and you know, just up until that point, like he was saying, you know, he was really struggling to really drive the ball, get behind a pitch. You know, he was making great contact, just doesn't feel like it was really lining up too well. And then that last couple of games, stuff started to click where he was able to add a little bit behind it, was able to get in that strong, you know, hitting position where he could drive the ball. And he had faced you know, pitcher a few times and knew what he was coming at him with, he said, and sure enough, I think he had a homer off him. And I thought, I don't know if he was college or minor leagues off a similar pitch. He was saying, so you know he had some had some spears against him, and knews just throw that pitch, and sure enough he did and hit a homer offit. But yeah, that play by Big he said, after that play, and I was given him hard time. I said, when are we going to get the air guitar out on the green? Are we going to get the air the air guitar that you had after that play at home plate or that play you know by Kik the double play there, and you know he was he was having a hard you know, a fun time with that, but I mean, what an experience to hear it from him firsthand, and then getting to hear it from Blue Jays on the other hand, kind of getting to relive it again a couple of weeks later from it. It was a great time and for great event. And you know, Will what a what a hero and what a guy keeps coming through those big situations.
Speaker 1: Must be something to do with that jersey number sixteen, Rick Monday a big home run in the NLCS and eighty one. You're known for being one of the most clutch Dodgers in the last twenty five years, and Will Smith one of the most clutch Dodgers at number sixteen. There's something with it.
Speaker 2: I like to think it, but you know, it's still the player, and I mean, the guy's having a great career and you got to give him a lot of credit for, you know, the way he's been able to do this over the last couple of years and played a premium position like catcher and getting up there and handling the staff. You can just see the experience he brought into that world series and how he's you know, just leveled out and able to keep calm and stay focused on the situation. And I think that was the thing I kind of was talking to him about on our right around, was you know, just he said, it was just so much energy, so much going on in that whole series. But you look at Will and you know, during the regular season, Will's the comics guy, and you know, no, no expressions, nothing, And he was the same way in the World Series, except those couple of moments in those you know, in Game seven where he let out the air guitar. He you know, was pumping his fist doing that stuff with the big homer, and you know, he's just a steady player and it's amazing to see. And I'm gonna say he plays golf the same exact way. There's not a he doesn't get too excited with the good shot, doesn't get too excited with the bad shot. It's the same guy out on the golf course.
Speaker 1: Andre Ethier, number sixteen himself is joining us on Dodger Talk. Hey. Andre. Last night, Logan White, a guy that you know really well, announced that he's retiring from the game of baseball. He was a big part of Nick Coletti's front office. Dan Evans front office and even for a short time, was able to stick with the Dodgers through the deep adesty years. But when the Dodgers traded for you, they didn't draft you, obviously, but when they traded for you, I would imagine Logan White had something to do with it. Are you familiar with what his involvement was? How close are you to Logan White because he drafted so many of your great teammates, including Kershaw and kem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think it started off like this whole run these Dodgers are on has a lot to do with the architect that Logan White created.
Speaker 2: He was the architect of this run that you're seeing in twenty twenty five. You know, it's it started with Clayton Karshaw, It started with Matt Camp. It started with him drafting all those great players that showed up when kind of when the Dodgers were hitting their stride when Guggenheim took over. Those were the key, you know, players in that system that he had drafted and scouted all those years that you know kind of has led to this success. So you got to give him a lot of credit. And I don't know if the fans realize that or understand that that he was. You know, you know, you have a GM, you have a guy like Andrew Freeman, a guy like Ned Cletti who are there, you know, with the team, the major league team day to day operate that obviously they oversee the entire top to bottom operation of the organization. But at the same time, you have your minor league scouting coordinators, your directors, all those guys who run the minor leagues and are the ones like we're seeing today, are providing the pieces for great trade prospects, maybe graduating a guy up to the big like a Will Smith who's a really productive player. And they're the ones who are the backbone of this organization that are always there to like I said, promote those guys add pieces when you need it if you have the depth in your minor league system, and I don't. I think they fly under the radar a lot. And you know, Logan did a great job in all those years. I mean identified arguably the best pitcher in our generation, if not you know, top ten pitcher of all baseball. He identified him, wanted him, got them signed, and got them developed in the big leagues within a couple of years. You know, I had a great relationship with him. He scouted me my last two years in the minor leagues from you know, being at a higher level in Double A. And then of course when I was in the Fall League with Matt Camp, Russell Martin, James Loney and those guys in the Fall League, guys like Logan White, all the scouting directs, all those guys are pretty much at every one of those games all Fall League, watching their top prospects play. So Logan was there watching those guys. And when that was when I was in Oklahoma, he was there watching me also, And that's kind of how that trade when it got proposed with A's I was the key piece that those guys wanted and you know, they weren't gonna stop. And you know, that was the same story he told me a couple of years ago. When I read it him, he goes, what what a.
Speaker 4: Trade me we made?
Speaker 2: He's like, we told him that we weren't gonna, you know, go past anyone besides you on that on that deal, and that was our our sticky point. And you could have you know, Milton Bradley, and we had to throw an Antonio Perez just to make them feel good about giving you up, and you know, I was very thankful and obviously sitting here today to be a part of this organization and be a Dodger changed my life, changed everything, you know, my trajectory of where I was, my baseball career, trajectory, where I am in my life. And I'm thankful for guys like him who went to that for me and fought for me and believed in me and saw something special in the limited time you got to see me play.
Speaker 1: Hey, very thankful for Logan White as well. Glad that Andre Ethier became a Dodger. I always told Nick Colletti his first trade was his best trade, and that was for you, Hey, before I let you go. A lot of people feel like Max Munsey has the same type of disgust for me as you did when you played. Do you feel like it rivals that? Do you feel like Monsey's gonna send me a Christmas present? Where do you think this stands moving forward?
Speaker 2: Well, you sit here and begged me on text to get on with you all the time. I feel like it's charity now to get on with you. I don't know, but Max is doing a great job. I'm glad. I'm glad he's picked up. I feel a little bad we shared this. I feel a little bad that people might be getting confused that, especially your girl Lizzie there, who is confused. Elizabeth Olsen is confused whether you're getting bullied, you're getting teased? H Did the players actually like you? I will be the first one to say and I and I will go out there. I'm not gonna speak for Max, but all the all the all the you know, the hard times, the back and forth I've given you was always out of love.
Speaker 4: And you know that, and you.
Speaker 2: Understand that we have, we had we we have a great relationship.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just about part of about being in the locker room, being around guys that you like. You know, if if someone's not talking to you, you know this, David, if they're not talking to you and ignoring you, that's that's worrisome. If they're giving you a hard time and always ripping on you do that, that means they like you in the locker room. And that's a part of the game, part of baseball. And I'm glad Max, you know, picked up where I kind of left off with the and always give you a hard time and making fun of your polos and all the funny things you do, like sliding down slides and breaking your own hand when you're trying to have a good bit.
Speaker 1: All that stuffs to take care of my wrist. She wants to hold and make me feel better.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She might want to start a GoFundMe for you, I think of anything.
Speaker 3: But what do you think?
Speaker 2: How do you think? How do you think max max Is has been doing picking up where I left off.
Speaker 1: I think he's right there. I mean, you never blew cigar smoke in my face during an interview, so I think he's he's right there. I feel unintentionally he has taken the baton from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's all we're having a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great time.
Speaker 1: I never feel like it's bowling like you said. I'm just I'm happy going back to when you played that you guys include me and that made me feel a bigger part of it than I actually am. So I always appreciate all you guys including me and that that that means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think the fans sometimes maybe lose a little sight of that that, you know, Dave Assay, Joe Davis, you know, the entire team, uh, you know, the entire media team that they see on the radio, they see on the TV that are constantly around the team and are cover them from you know, the Dodgers coverage side. You know, they're all a part of this team. They're all part of this organization. We're all working towards one goal, and that's to give our best you know, obviously performance on the field, performance on the radio, performance on TV. And the reason why we're trying to do this for the fans. We're trying to give the fans, you know, everything they want to see on the field, everything they want to hear off the field, all the behind the scenes stuff. Get personalities to come out of guys. Here are some of you know, these conversations that guys might be having, uh, you know, how they talk to each other, all the fun that goes on besides that, just pitch being played on the field. That just adds to the you know, to the fun and keeps you interested in. You know, this long season we go through every year as a ballplayer and sometimes gets monotonous. We're with the same twenty five players for the most part, all year long, and it's great having guys like you who are on there because Hey, I've eaten with uh, you know, I Russell Martin or whoever for the twentieth time this season. Hey Dave, Hey, you know whatever. Let's go out to dinner and let's take the Let's take the clubhouse staff, who are just a part of the team and a part of this whole thing is everyone else. And I think that's what everyone's got to see so much as you know, our Jay, PEPs, you know Alice, all of these guys that you know are all a part of the team, and they mean a lot to the players, they mean a lot to organization, and everyone really does care for each other in that locker room. And I think that's the thing that you see the most. And and you know, we talk about this all the time. Are my biggest bonds are still with a lot of the former players, But my biggest bonds are still with you know, with Alex, with PEPs, with Sergio, with all those guys in the locker room that take care of you in the locker room, that were guys that were there with you having a good day, having a good day on those bad days, there to always pick you up, always there to kind of be a different shoulder, different one to talk to. They're the first ones when I go back to the stadium's exact how my kids are, how families are doing, how my parents are, how life is doing all that stuff. And you know, you you players come and go, but those mainstays in the locker room that you know, from the staff to media, guys like yourself, that you know, take some bested interest in the person you know, you're You're thankful for those and I appreciate all those relationsip I have from the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. You always understood, uh you always had a better understanding about the ecosystem and the people around you. And that's why those relationships have lasted to this day. And you know, my favorite eheer is not Andre Ethier, it's his dad, Byron. That was my guy, is my guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, see, I know right. Ivery want to get to know people's family members. It's it's a true you know, when you play there that long, but you know, MAXI themselves been there that long. You get to know not just the player that shows up into that locker room or shows up to fort of that interview. You get to know and fans, I know understand this. They see this. You know, players have a lot of things going on off the field besides just what's going you know on you know, with what they're playing. You know, they might have a zero for four day or a five for five day, but there might be other things going on in life. And it's a it's leaning on a guy on the clubhouse staff on you know on Scott oz Asaki are traveling sectary. He's still there. Who was there before me? When they steer there to be like, hey, can you help me get a fight for my parents to come intown? You know I didn't have time to do it today. Can you help me organize that? Get them a rental car?
Speaker 4: All that stuff?
Speaker 2: And these guys are making your life easier so you can go out there and keep doing your job on the field and performing and helping this team win. And it's you know, like you said, it's a big ecosystem and a support group and luckily being a Dodger, they are doing everything they can to make the players performance on the field the best.
Speaker 1: Well, the yelp on the shelf in your house is gonna like you You're on Santa's good list. After this interview eat here, so great to hear from you, great to share you with fans. And we'll do this again in the new year when we have shows on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: And I'm so thankful for everyone out there, and you know, I'm happy beyond I could ever imagine that this organization is having so much success and that the city of la and all the fans that the Dodger fans, new old, however long you've been there, is getting a chance to see, uh, this level of success and have those bragging rights across baseball. And I know, probably for you and being a competitor, nothing nothing makes me more happy when you see all the people who just can't stand the success that the Dodgers are having because you know, they're doing their job.
Speaker 1: I love seeing mister Met cry. That's my favorite part of it.
Speaker 2: I do too. I love to see I love to see people on Twitter saying, who's the Dodgers gonna get next? The mister Met and they have them in a Dodger's uniform, the mister Met traded to the Dodgers. It's it's it's it's the greatest thing. And uh and uh, you know, being a player going through it. You know, on some of the lean years, you never thought that this organization would get to this and has and it's a it's a great place to be at and it's a great place to be a part of.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Still, with this amount of success that the team's having.
Speaker 1: No doubt, and you're a big part of it still to this day, We'll look forward to seeing you at Dodger Stadium next year and we'll talk to you, uh in January. I'll talk to you before that. We'll share with you with the fans in January.
Speaker 2: All right, stay away from slide still, that's still a thing you need to stay away from.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I might intertube during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that either.
Speaker 1: There he goes, There he goes Andre Ethier, who spent his entire twelve year Major league career with the Dodgers, and to this day, Tommy Lesorda would be proud. He's a great ambassador for the team and bleeds Dodger blue. We're gonna take a time out. We went way over with Ethier. He had a lot to say and a lot to share about his time with Will Smith and Edwin Diaz. How about that, Andre Ethier recruiting Edwin Diaz in November. Jerry Harriston Junior, who's here at the Sports Net LA studios, is going to check in next. We got a lot to get to between now at eight o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA sports sports Net LA just wrapped Access Sportsnet Dodgers, wrapping up Day three of the winter meetings with my guy John Harttongue and my other guy who is with us right now, Jerry Harriston Jr. Jay Hare Number one salute, Thank you to the Bears, and thank you for sharing the bet that was paid off today by Audio Joe.
Speaker 5: Audio Joe, and he's a great person obviously, does a great job for us here in studio, and he was a man of his word. You know, he's a big New York Giants fan. My Bears beat the Giants several weeks ago, and because of that, he had to buy a nice bottle of caved Oro the extra at Neejo, the best tequila in the world.
Speaker 1: Hey, you were a team player, you gave it to the whole crew. You let me have a little sip. You've changed my life today and everybody else is.
Speaker 3: Here listen, am I right about how great the tequila is. Amazing.
Speaker 5: Hopefully your show will be sponsored by cavedet or at some point, but no, it is a great tequila. But you know, working here, it's a family, you know, just like the Dodgers organization. Everybody cares for each other and it's so it's such a joy to come to work.
Speaker 1: When I think about you when I'm in Cincinnati, I'll think about you in this air conditioned, cushy studio.
Speaker 5: It is a great place to come over with. Listen, Dodgers Stadium. There's no place like it because you know, the fans are the best, incredible, beautiful stadium and the weather's always great. So yes, very fortunate when we're not at home, when we're on the road. I'm here in studio and you're in Cincinnati, you're in.
Speaker 3: The hot weather. So uh, it is still the big League zone. Yeah, no doubt, Jay Hare.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Dodgers, the winter meetings, the hot stove. Everybody wants to know what's next. You went back to back championships. They wanted three pete you signed Edwin Diaz. Now there's rumors about Trek Scouble. What do you believe are the real chances a Schooble gets traded to any team and b that the Dodgers may be that team.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: If you're the Detroit Tigers, you got to figure out are you going to extend u Tarrek Scooble. Obviously he's probably the best left handed pitcher in all of baseball. Some say he's the best picture in all of baseball. If you're going to keep them, you extend them, great, more power to you. But if you don't think you're gonna re sign him, you can't hold onto him. You have to trade him because he is such a huge piece. And with trading him, you got to go out there and get a plethora of young talent. Now, on the flip side, Dodgers got what a lot of young talent. Everybody talks about the Dodgers' money, which they do have a lot of money. But I think the most important part of the Dodgers that people fail to realize. They have an incredible pharm system. They draft well, sign well. I think more importantly, they develop players so they're in position. If the Tigers aside to part ways with Screwball, they can be positioned to have the necessary pieces to trade for that elite starter.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna ask you another question, because on the show tonight you talked about the Dodgers needing to add an outfielder. I'm gonna give you a hypothetical here of players that have been rumored to be available. Out of these three outfielders, who fits the Dodgers the best. Would it be Brendan Donovan of the Cardinals, Jared Durant of the Red Side, Harrison Bader who finished the year with the Phillies.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you know all three are winning ball players, really good players in their own right. I've always been a Harrison Batter fan, man. I know he can play elite defensive center field. I think that's the biggest need for us, specially with Keith cary Nannis. We have a feeling he will resign with the Dodgers, but he just had surgery. He may take some time to get to gim back healthy. Obviously, Tommy Edmund had ankle surgery as well. We don't know what his time pool table is. I think, more importantly with the Dodgers, I would love to see task her Nanis go back to left field. I know he loves right field, but look at the season he had as a left fielder, especially offensively. Right field, especially Dodgers statement is very demanding. It's not an easy place to play. So if you get in a center fielder, you can move Paez who's got an elite arm to right field, tail to left, and a guy like a Harrison Bader who covers tremendous ground in center field and he's a winning type player. So listen, all three guys will be a great fit for the Dodgers. But if I had to choose one, you know, Harrison Bader Man, he's got some swag. Man, He's got that that I'd like to see in a player, tough out in the batter's box, he's got some pop, but more importantly, he ain't afraid to run in the walls and make that catch what you needed.
Speaker 1: He seems to be a Jerry Harrison type of player.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is.
Speaker 5: I mean he's he's old school. You know, I love all school type of players. Really, I can make a case for Jerant, who I love his his style of player as well.
Speaker 3: He's a great player. Donovan is also a really good player.
Speaker 5: But I think if those three guys, I would say maybe Baitter maybe fits us a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Jerry harriston JUNR. We're hanging out at sports net La tonight. We finished Access Sportsnet Dodgers. We got Radio Magic going for you on Dodger Talk until eight o'clock. Going back to Trek schoolball. If the Dodgers were able to find a trade match with the Tigers, are you comfortable with it just being a one year rental? Because Scott Boris is his agent, we all know he'll take him to free agency.
Speaker 5: I would be comfortable with that because we've seen in the past when we traded for Bookie Betts. You know, he came here and fell in love with La I think that could be a possibility.
Speaker 3: Listen, I played for nine different franchise. I loved everywhere.
Speaker 5: I played every city, but there's nothing like La Man, the weather, the people, the fan base, the camaraderie that this team has really built, especially in recent years. So if you get a guy like Schooble and he's here and he sees what entails being a Dodger and being on this team, he may want to say, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I don't want to leave this place.
Speaker 5: And obviously the Dodgers do have the money they do have the resources to make that happen, So I would be optimistic if he does come that he'd want to.
Speaker 1: Resign here at this point in time, with the Dodgers having the success they've had, winning back to back championships and wanting more a guy like Edwin Diaz or any other free agent out there, doesn't it say something about what type of player they are that, if all things are equal, I'm choosing the Dodgers. And conversely, for players that say no, thanks, doesn't it say that maybe winnings.
Speaker 3: Not number one for them? Well, it is.
Speaker 5: And first of all, to go back to your first point, the Dodgers are in the position because they not only win, but they have created a culture that players want to be here.
Speaker 3: Listen, players talk all the time.
Speaker 5: When I played, you knew where where the places to play were, how teams organizations treated their players. And you gotta remember, Alexis Diaz was a Dodger last year as well, and I'm sure he told his brother. Me and my brother played in the Biglies at the same time. We talked about places that we played. Hey don't go here, or hey, you want to go play for this organization? So it's no secret that the Dodgers are beloved by so many players. You know, Bryce Harper have talked about the Dodgers. How listen, they do everything the right way. Why are you hating on them? You want every organization to be just like that. So it's just a testament of the people, not just the players, the character of the people that they go out and get to make sure we get the right people in place. And that's why guys want to come and play for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, Before I let you go, I gotta get this out of the way. Brad Paisley continues to call me and text me and say, Jerry Harriston is our treasure. I completely disagree with him. I feel like he does that to upset me. But Brad Paisley really is entertained by you and Nomar and how you try to, you know, get to Nomar's level, and Nomar seems to brush you off. Can you set the record straight and just give a shout out to Brad Well?
Speaker 5: First of all, Brad Paisley is one of the best entertainers, not just country musicians, best entertainers there is on the planet. I love his commercials as well with Peyton Manning. We all know he's a huge Dodger fan, and he brought the house down when he sung the national anthem at Dodgers Stadium once again.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: He is has become a really good friend, and I do agree with him on Nomar. I agree with him on Nomar listen anytime, you know, being obviously it's not It's not lost on me, you know, being on TV here in La we get so many entertainers with us, musicians, actors, actresses that watch us because they see the Dodgers and we're on before and after. And I'm extremely humbled to Brad for him saying that. And so many people like our senior Hall I have become friends with Jason Bateman. I run into it into him all the time. Just so many great people, all walks of life that share the same common interest, and that's the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: How fortunate are we?
Speaker 1: Can you take us behind the scenes? Do you think Nomar likes you?
Speaker 3: I know Nomar loves me. I hate Listen.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say something here. I may get no More in trouble. No more is actually going to take me to dinner tomorrow night. Who So that's how me and Nomar. We've been friends for decades. I know we kind of play a little bit because we have a lot of fun on air. But listen, I used to work out with Nomar when we played against each other when he's the Red Sox and I was with the Baltimore Orioles. I've always respected Nomar. He is one of the best players I've ever played against, and he should be in the Hall of Fame. Alan Trammel rightfully sols a Hall of Famer. Harold Baines rightfully, sol's a.
Speaker 3: Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: No more goes to your par You go back and look at his seven eight year stretch. He deserves to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess dinner's on Nomar after you said that, I mean, Nomar is going to be paying tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Why do you think I'm going.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's been awesome these last three days. I love doing the show with you guys. You're so nice to me and treat me so well. So thank you for the time and love love being around you guys.
Speaker 5: You know the Dodger fans are second to none, and they love you. Dave say, I listened to the callers, Dave Wagner is one of my boys.
Speaker 3: He calls it all the.
Speaker 5: Time, and it's always fun doing the show from Dodger Stadium. And then after we're done with the post game, I get in my car and I take the thirty five minute drive back home. I get a chance to listen to you and the great Dodger fan base.
Speaker 3: So that's always a treat for me.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't know how to respond to these compliments, but thank you for them, and we'll just end it there.
Speaker 3: I like tequila.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let no mar Garcia Para know that. Jerry all right? There he goes Jerry Harriston Junior. We had three straight days of TV together here at the Sports and at LA Studios during the winter meetings. I'm sure guys like Skip Schumacher were wondering, where's David Vassa. Where's David Vassa? Well, I got news for you, everybody. I stayed back in LA and had a great time in this cushy studio and was able to really be productive back here in LA, not just hanging out with other baseball people out there in Orlando. So I mean, who could pass up three straight days with Jerry Harriston Junior. You tell me that was the big win for me. All right. Our next show will be on Friday night, seven o'clock, another Dodger Talk. We'll see whether or not the Edwin d As deal is official by then. If it is, who knows, Timmy Trumpet himself may join us on Friday night. We'll keep track of whether or not the Tigers are really considering trading Tarrek Schuble. Seems like they're asking a lot. Like I said before, we got to Ethier and Jerry Harriston Junior. From what I hear, the Tigers are asking for as much as the Nationals got in return from the Padres for two years of control of Juan Soto. Trek schoubl the greatest pitcher right now in baseball, but a one year rental and a Scott Boris client. He will be going to free agency, so no matter where he goes, he's a one year rental. And the Tigers are asking for as much as the Nationals got for two years of Juan Soto. That's gonna be hard to get from any team. All right, that'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks to Ronnie Fossio back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Stu Mitchell and Jack de Root and Chris Whitty out here at sportsnet LA. Thanks to Ethier and Jerry Harriston Jr. For joining the show as well. We'll be back with you on Friday night at seven o'clock having some drinks with the all time leading scorer in Pac ten history. Tomorrow night, the one and only Don McClain. So night off from Dodger Talk, but the party lives on with McClain out there in Westlake Village. Have a great rest of your night, Seeya.