Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers discute continue it's not fair are making plans.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, June twenty six, live from Smoke Queen Barbecue and Carden Grove as your back to back World Series champion Dodgers fifty two and twenty nine on this season first place atop the NL West, they are nine games up in the division and the road trip continues after a sweep in Minneapolis with a three game weekend series and San Diego against the Padres Roki Sasaki on the mat of the series opener against former Dodger Walker Buehler, first pitch from Petco Park is coming up at six forty five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck. David Vetse is gonna join us throughout the hour. DV goes one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. Coming up in forty five minutes, we'll hear from Mookie Betts. You're gonna hear from Max Monsey. We'll get your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner is gonna join Rick Monday coming up in about thirty minutes. In a just a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: After a day off yesterday in San Diego the Dodgers before that, we're in Minnesota to finish off their three game series against the Twins. On Wednesday, it was Otani Day. Otani the pitcher and Otani the hitter. What should have been a great pitching matchup against the right hander Joe Ryan O'tani win six in hees allowed three runs, two of which were earned, gave up five hits while striking out eight along the way, and he got some early offense from Mookie Betts.
Speaker 2: Three to two pitch to Bets, he swings and hammers won left center and team this ball heading back to the wall.
Speaker 3: It has gone a home run.
Speaker 2: Uokie Betts home run number nine and the Dodgers strike first. It's one nothing and Rookie got a four seamer a little bit up in the zone and he put the good.
Speaker 6: Part of the barrel on it.
Speaker 5: Mookie Betts with his ninth home run of the season, but his three hundredth of his career, now one of only thirty Major leaguers all time who have hit at least three hundred home runs, four hundred doubles, and one hundred and fifty stolen bases.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers had a one to nothing elite.
Speaker 5: However, the Dodgers would run into trouble in the bottom half of the second inning. It was Dalton rushing and shoey Otani miscommunicating couple base hits and pass ball some frustration from show hey Otani on the ABS system and not challenging pitching.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers were down.
Speaker 5: Three to one, going ahead into the top half of the third inning when things flipped again in favor of the Dodgers. Show hey Otani got it started RBI single that made it a three to two game, and then Max Munsey tied.
Speaker 2: It once he waits in the one to zero pitch, swings in, hits it on the ground right side up, basic Otani will score. They'll hold Freeman a third. That tie is the game at three, and Monthly is two for two.
Speaker 5: Tonight, Max Munsey with the RBI singles six ribbies in his last six games, none of which have come off. The home run for Max Munsey. Then Alex call with a sackfly gave the Dodgers a four to three lead. So just that, like that, the Dodgers answer with three runs in the top half of the third to take a four to three lead and then showe a. Otani did it the rest of the way six solid innings. Kyle hurtpitched his seventh, Alex Vesia struck out three and the eighth ten Or Scott love him or hand him eleven save of the season.
Speaker 6: He pitched the ninth.
Speaker 5: Then he put up a zero as the Dodgers get out of Minneapolis with the three games sweep. They went at four to three on Wednesday. They take all three games as their seventh series sweep of the year, as they improved a fifty two and twenty nine on this season and now They're in San Diego for a three game weekend set against the Padres, who are nine games back in the NL West. Rokie Susaki Walker Buehler the pitching matchup in the series opener, first pitch of six forty five and with more.
Speaker 6: We head out to the.
Speaker 5: Galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you Tim. It's great to be back in America's finest city. It seems like we were just here mode the Dodgers at Petco Park taking on the Padres, the first of three games here, in the first of seven games between these two rivals over the next ten days. But as we come off an off day, we're halfway home in twenty two TWI.
Speaker 8: Yeah, eighty one games, they're already in the book, and the Dodgers and nine games in front of San Diego to lead the Nation League Western Division, ten and a half in front of Arizona. But you come in here, don't think the Pandres lightly. They're gonna have to make a move sometime and do it soon. And they feel good about themselves just having swept the three game series against the Atlanta Brains, so for the pres they've got to kick it into gear. I'm surprised looking at San Diego that they are as low as they are that many games we have the Dodgers, in particular, just twenty two and nineteen at home.
Speaker 7: Their record, it's been in anemic offense really for most of the year, last in the majors in terms of runs per game, But it has been a better unit the last two and a half weeks or so as they've started to try try to turn their own ship around. Nine games separate the Dodgers and Padres as we sit here and now, and I think with this next two week stretch, so much activity between these two clubs, even though they're up nine games right now, the Dodgers have a chance to really throttle down and take a stranglehold on the division.
Speaker 8: To agree more. And if you look at the disparity talking about runs, well, the Dodgers have scored four hundred and twenty three. They've allowed only two hundred and seventy nine, So that's a plus plus. You know, San Diego's given up more runs than they've scored, which is really kind of crazy, not by a whole lot, but the fact that even an even balance is rather shocking.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers are the only team in the National League West that have a positive run deferential, let alone plus one four like they do on the year.
Speaker 9: Yeap.
Speaker 8: Then you start to look at other things too, I mean americaly say hey, we'd like to have those numbers too. You start to look at ten American League teams that are below the fine hundred mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the National League has been the superior league by far so far in twenty twenty six. Obviously it doesn't have any bearing when it comes down to the World Series. That's a long way off of the distance though. This first half has flown by, and so has time. Because now the Dodgers are playing a game and they're facing Walker Bueller. It's gonna be weird. I know they saw him when he was in Boston last year, but that was at Fenway Park and it was all right. He's in the American League. He's far removed.
Speaker 1: He was just the World Series shirt.
Speaker 7: But now he's back in the division pitching for the Padres. I think it's going to take some time for folks to get used to that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And for Buehler, you know, he'll want to succeed, no question about it, and he's been doing that. You start to look at the four starts so far this month, his era is under two one point seven to one. To be exactly, This slider has been a very big pitch for him, and he's gone to the cut fastball a lot as well. So we'll find out what happens. Was really kind of crazy.
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 8: Six weeks ago? The Padres had a half game lead in the Western Division over the Dodgers, and now the Dodgers come in with nine in front of San Diego as we get said to go officially beginning the second half of the season, Mamia.
Speaker 7: The tables have turned quickly, and the Dodgers want to keep the tables tilted in their favor against the Padres. First pitch a little bit later, but before then, mo we will have a key from you, Tim. Let's send it back to the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks a lot, Nelly, as we cat you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or are your Shaky's Pizza check and the mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove.
Speaker 6: Come on by, say hello, so we.
Speaker 5: Lead you up to first pitch coming up. David vad say, we'll check in throughout the hour. He's gonna go high and tight with the manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna hear from Mookie Betts. We'll get your Otani rewind and injury report, your magical moment, Charlie Steiner. All that's coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night, Walker Bueler and Rookie Sasaki the pitching matchup. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kateson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Padres from pet Co Park in San Diego, the first of three of this weekend set. Dodgers nine games up in the n L West going into play tonight, Rokie Sasaki and Walker Buehler the pitching matchup. The former Dodger going against his former team for the second time in his career. First pitch from pet Goo Park, coming up at six forty five.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani three wide and half of those have come in the fifth inning of games. Swinging amiss, strike three, big sweeper cut on by Lewis. He makes quick work of Royce Lewis and there's one away in the Twins second. Derek Shelton did walk him the other night with a runner at first, but they're going to pitch to him now. As Ryan goes into the stretch, looks at second, comes home and Otani hits the ground ball up the middle. Freeland will round third, He'll come around to score and O'tani gets one of those runs right back.
Speaker 1: Ats three to two.
Speaker 2: Here's the two on the way to bell and he chased another splitter. He had no idea where that one of those. He strikes out on three pitches. Otani strikes out the side. He's got five in the game. Otani is three to two. Pitch swung on end miss strike three, a sweeper strikeout number eight for Otani. Tani shrugs his shoulders, kicks fires, swung on ground ball towards short, tightening stop by Bets. He gets up throws loader first dugout by Freemouth. Terrific play both ends and that is seven in a row set down by Otani as he retires the Twins in order in the bottom of the sixth. Then a eighty nine pitches for show Hey through six wors throws in. Otani hits a line, tried to write base hit, one hop to clements second hit for Otani. He's averaging getting on base at least twice a game, and he's done that here tonight.
Speaker 6: Busy night for show Hey.
Speaker 5: Otani goes two for five with an RBI single at the plate, now hitting two ninety five with a four to fourteen on base percentage. Show Hootani the pitcher six solid innings, give up three runs, two of which were earned, five hits, eight strikeout eighty nine pitches as he gets his eighth win of the season and a four to three Dodger victory over the Minnesota Twins. How about Mookie Bets was a triple away from the cycle. You went three for four in Wednesday's game against the Twins and afterwards got up with our Kirsena Watson Mookie.
Speaker 10: You had things going on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 10: But when we look at the numbers, offensively, you had three hits and one of them happened to be your three hundredth home run. You are hitting so many milestones here soon when you think about three hundred and when it comes to the home run, how special is that achievement to you?
Speaker 11: I'm in a special I guess I just mean that old you know, I've been in for a long time, but you know, I guess it kind of comes with the territory. I've been pretty good and just got to keep on helping the boys wins.
Speaker 10: You look at just the numbers right now, offensively, those three hits, you're a triple shy of the cycle. But how much confidence are you just feeling back at the plate right now considering the results you're seeing now?
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm feeling pretty confident, feeling pretty normal. I know I've said it before and then it didn't kind of pan out, but I felt like this is a little different. So we'll just ride the way.
Speaker 1: You look at how you guys won this game.
Speaker 10: I know it started with the show, hey, but to see this bullpen, how they thought through to pick up this win. What are you just seeing from the guys coming out of the bullpen.
Speaker 11: They did an amazing job and just keeping them off balanced. I know we got in a little bit of trouble, but they got themselves out of it.
Speaker 9: Show.
Speaker 11: Hey had a little misstep early, but he was able to kind of settle in. So the guys are just resilient and it showed.
Speaker 10: Do you think it was settling in for a show?
Speaker 1: Hare?
Speaker 10: Did you feel like there was another edge after that second ending of work.
Speaker 11: That's probably a little bit of both. I mean, once he was able to settle in, and when he gets fired up, you know he's he's already the best player in the world, but when he gets fired up, it's even better. And so at that point we were just kind of sitting back and watching the show.
Speaker 10: Now this is a the recenty road trip. How important is it for you guys to start on such a high note with the sweep of your first team against you guys you're be seeing.
Speaker 11: Super important, especially going into San Diego.
Speaker 6: Where we're going.
Speaker 11: We know they're going to be hungry and I'm ready to go, so at least we can go in with some good vibes.
Speaker 10: All right, MOOKI, congratulations on this win and congratulations on three hundred career home runs.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Mookie with Kirson after the game. Three hundred home runs now for Mookie bets in a three for four night as the Dodgers leave Minnesota with the sweep. Now in San Diego, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids, donating now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with the K coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from the Smoke Queen Barbecue here in Garden Grove. You're gonna hear from David Vasse. He'll go one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. But up next an injury report, and we'll hear from Maximunsey as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times Rookie Sisaki and Walker Bueller. The pitching matchup, first pitch from San Diego is coming up at six forty five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Good news, Dalton Rushing and Kyle Tucker both in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers. Dalton Rushing back in the lineup as he was the other night behind the plate. Kyle Tucker has been out of the line up the last two games, but back in there, batting sixth and playing right field. Will Smith on the IL with the neck information. Ti Oscar Hernandez on the IL. He's in Triple A Oklahoma City on her minor league rehab assignment. Tyler glassnow just not progressing with those lower back spasms. Blake Snell is progressing. He is now throwing off the mount, expecting three to four bullpen sessions before he can go out on a minor league rehabit assignment. Edwin Diaz is throwing bullpen sessions, so that is good news. However, Evan Phillips appears to be the closest Dodger reliever.
Speaker 6: To making a return.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers get the went on Wednesday night in Minnesota four to three over the Twins. Mookie Bets had a big game Showeotani got the win. But how about Max Munsey two for four and a big RBI single and afterwards talk with Davidvesse.
Speaker 4: Max, Let's start with the team. You guys come in here, you sweep this three game series. Who went two games again by one run? How good did it feel to kind of get back on track again?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: It was a you know, it's a good serious for us, good start with the road trip. Hopefully been carried momentum through the off day. You know, off day, wou get for one gear, little rest and you know, just keep going.
Speaker 4: You guys made Joe Ryan look pretty average tonight. Why were you guys so effective against him?
Speaker 12: Uh? You know, I think we had I think we had a good game plan and we were, you know, we were executing it well. And then you know, towards the end, he kind of shifted from from what he was doing and he kind of got a little got us a little off balance. But you know, coming out of the gate, we we did what we wanted to.
Speaker 4: Do in that third inning where you're able to score three runs. You tied the game with an RBI based it did you? Were you surprised he never threw you a fastball and any of your first two at bats.
Speaker 8: No, not at all.
Speaker 12: Uh, that's just you know, I understand who I am, and that's a you know, it's part of when I step in the box. You got to understand that there's not many times I'm gonna see a fastball, and so you know he's gotta be ready for the other stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who you are. You're an All Star. The Philly resume continues to build. We'll see thanks for stopping.
Speaker 6: Of course, David. All right, there's Max Munci.
Speaker 5: He is a finalist for the All Star Game, one of six Dodgers who are finalists in their positions. Showy Otani already going to the All Star Game. He has the most votes through the first two rounds, so he has automatically now punched his way to Philadelphia in the Midsummer Classic. When we can turn continue here on Rogo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: We will check in with David Vasse get you all the latest. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Friday. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Friday nights. Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues live from the Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove. Come on buy, We're here until first pitch. Then got a viewing party as well as Rookie Sasaki and Walker Bueller go at it in this series opener, First Pitch coming up at six forty five. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpto, born in LA and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican styles, tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table, El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV A lot of talk after Wednesday's game. What happened in the second evening with Dalton rushing and Showy Otani. Do we expect moving forward rushing to be behind the plate when Otani's on the mound.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts told the media earlier today he hasn't fully decided yet, but he is leaning towards having rushing catch him Wednesday in Sacramento, and if that happens, or if it's Chuckie Robinson, I fully expect Otani to call his own pitches from the very first pitch, and that's the way it should go. Everybody I've spoken to, as far as his teammates go, believe that's the best route for him to go until Will Smith returns. Call your own pitches, so you have that conviction behind what you want to throw, and he obviously has a clear intention of which pitches he wants to throw. So don't leave any sort of window for something like Wednesday to happen again, David.
Speaker 5: The devastating earthquake down in Venezuela a couple of days ago, and I know it's affected several Dodger players.
Speaker 4: Well, first and foremost Miguel Rojas and Edgardo Enriquez. But Rojas specifically because his wife and kids are back in Venezuela and they were in Caracas when those two seven point one earthquakes hit that country three Venezuela. Luckily they're okay. The buildings around them collapsed, but they were able to escape the building they were in through the stairwell. We had a chance to catch up with Rojas in the Dodger Clubhouse earlier today to talk about the devastation in Venezuela to its home country.
Speaker 3: Because everything is okay with my family, that doesn't mean everything is okay with the country. We're going through really tough moments right now, and I just wish and hope for everybody to kind of like pray for us, because it's devastated seeing how many families are losing everything. And I'm not talking about things in general, it's just life, you know. It's really tough because I got a pretty close connection to the city where a lot of the things are happening right now, which is Lawaida. I play in that city for so many years, and it's really tough to see teammates of mine and players who I play with at some point in my career to lose family members and to lose kids, and it's really devastating. It's been really hard for me to go to sleep, and actually my family is in Mannesula right now. My kids and my wife are in Venezuela, and they have to go through that a couple a couple of days ago when it happened, and I just I just feel terry right now. I mean, they're they're in a place where they have power, they have connection, they have everything that we need to talk and stay in contact every single day. But it's still still really feel like I'm so far away from them.
Speaker 4: Obviously, another difficult moment for Miguel Rojas, who lost his father earlier this year when he was back in Venezuela and passed away. But the Dodgers and Padres are both wearing VZ on the side of their hats tonight, tim just to lend support, let the people of Venezuela know that they're not alone and that they're acknowledging that this is a devastating, uh natural disaster that has taken many lives. And there's many baseball players in the big leagues, not just Rojas and Enriquez, that are from Venezuela. So the Major League Baseball community, specifically the Dodgers and Padres tonight going to acknowledge that VZ on the side of their hats.
Speaker 6: That our thoughts are with everybody down there.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American Value. For American Values, go to your Southern California Ford dealer today or buy Ford now dot com. Walker Bueller, for the second time David in his career since leaving the Dodgers is facing his former team to nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last year, before the Red Sox let Bueller go, the Dodgers were at Fenway Park and face Bueller. He didn't even get through the fifth inning. And the people I've spoken to on the Dodgers side believe that he does not want to give up any home runs. He'd rather walk the house than give up home runs. And that's kind of what we saw in Boston last year. So Bueller has been pitching much better for the Padres, but he's not going much deeper than five innings in games. So uh for at the very least, you're gonna see Bueller in there for five innings and we'll see whether or not, his emotions will be in check enough to be effective against this former team.
Speaker 6: Very emotional out there on the mount. All right, David, great stuff.
Speaker 5: Dave's gonna go one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts coming up in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Well, we continue here.
Speaker 5: On Wronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from the Smoke Queen Barbecue.
Speaker 6: In Garden Grove.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear from Charlie Steiner and we got your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kates, is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and.
Speaker 5: Padres on this Friday night, live from the Smoke Queen Barbecue in Garden Grove. As we leads up to first pitch from San Diego Dodger and Padres Rookie Sasaki Walker Bueller the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up a six forty five.
Speaker 9: Who wants the hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Padres. We go back two years to the NLDS Dodgers and Padres. Remember that series was in favor of the San Diego Padres two games to one. Going back to Game four at Petco Park and what was a bullpen game for the Dodgers, yet they shut out the Padres eight to nothing. Two days later, decisive Game five at Dodgers Stadium. It was Yoshinobu Yamamoto and you darbished the pitching matchup keyk Hernandez and a solo home run in the bottom of the second to give the Dodgers a one to nothing lead.
Speaker 6: Then in the bottom of.
Speaker 5: The seventh inning, tay Oscar Hernandez would go deep for a solo home run, Dodgers up to nothing. Ninth eighteen Blake trying it on to close it outs.
Speaker 13: Dodgers two, Padres nothing. Game five of the Division Series comes down to this tryn in against Fernando Tatis Junior. Here's the pitch, Tati swings chopping.
Speaker 6: A third beckhead picked by Hernandez.
Speaker 1: There's the throw the doe in for Alay.
Speaker 6: Fireworks go off and straight away center Field as the Dodgers shut out the Padres in back.
Speaker 14: To back games.
Speaker 5: They are going to the National League Championship Series. Down two games to one, they win Game four, and then they win Game five, a two to nothing shutout to send the Dodgers to the NLCS. And then we know what happened in the World Series, beating the New York Yankees to win a World Series championship. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs. Haffey a local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner, so he leads up to first Bitch Dodgers and Padres from San Diego. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 9: On dech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue All Season log.
Speaker 5: Dodgers on Deck continues live from Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove. Come on buy say hello, got a viewing party for the game tonight. Dodgers and the Padres from San Diego. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 14: All right, Tim, it's the Dodgers and the Padres. It is game one of the second half of the season. On May the eighteenth, the Dodgers trailed by one half game to the Padres. But since then the Padres have gone thirteen and nineteen, while the Dodgers have gone twenty three and ten. And that is how the Dodgers find themselves nine games in front of San Diego in the National League West and most of the Padres.
Speaker 6: This is really a do or die series.
Speaker 14: Not necessarily that they're going to be catching the Dodgers, not the way the Dodgers have been playing at this point. But they've got a lot of company in that wildcard race. And then again, as we mentioned, they're going to be playing the Dodgers quite a bit, seven times in the next ten days.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and on the home turf. These are the final three games this year during their regular season. Dodgers have already been here once and you only make two trips to your division, so yeah, time is not really in the favor of San Diego. Then you start to look at what the Dodgers have done. Not only three and zero on this road trip, Charlie, but you go back over the bigger home. They've won twenty one of the land thirty games, and they've done it in very fine fashion. This is a team right now that we're looking at with this Dodger team. Oh, they have a couple of clunckers here and there, but they have just not taken their foot off the accelerator.
Speaker 14: At fifty two and twenty nine, they've got the best record in baseball. In fact, they're the only team over fifty wins. So they're sitting pretty with a run differential of one hundred and forty four in a pace to win one hundred and four games this year. The Padres just trying to hang on for dear life. They haven't been able to hit a leg all year and try to turn it around to night against Roki Sasaki, Walker Bueller, the old Dodger will be facing the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think one thing to look for in this series and based upon what you were just saying, and I agree one hundred percent, is that the Pondres have to make a move sometime if they're going to make a move at all, and do it very soon. My point being is that I think they're going to force the issue.
Speaker 9: They can force the.
Speaker 8: Issue on the bases if they can get on. Pondres have stole it eighty two bases already this year, what about the Dodgers thirty three. There's a big disparity right there. So I think they're going to try and run some rabbits. If they can get on tonight against Sasaki, I mean, if they can get on during this series, I think they're going to push the button to try and steal bases.
Speaker 14: They're gonna have to. The Dodgers have a better road record at twenty six and fifteen, then the Padres have a home record, which is twenty two and nineteen. But as offensively, the Dodgers are first in the National League or second in batting average, hits, runs on base percentage, home runs, and RBI's. The Padres, on the other hand, are last in all those categories, with the exception of home runs, where they rank twelfth. So the Dodgers can hit, the Padres can't. The big question is can the Padre pitching keep the Dodgers at bay? And the way things have been going as hot as the Dodgers have been, that's a tall order.
Speaker 8: It's a tall order. And for the and Andres said their bullpen has been doing a very good job. But what do they inherit along the way is Walker Brueler has been on a roll the four starts in the month of June. His era is very low, one point seven to one and he's allowed just one home run here so far in the month of June. So he's making a fifth start and he has really depended upon the cunt face ball and particular the slider.
Speaker 14: Mooki Betts Boy, he's finally turned it on that his three hundredth home run of his career on Wednesday in Minneapolis. Became the seventeenth active player with three hundred since the thirteenth of June the last eleven games. Mooki is seventeen for his last forty five and a three seventy eight clip and that fellow Otani in his last thirty five games, he's hitting three sixty four with eleven home runs thirty RB. I's had a four to seventy two on base percentage.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for bets, he's doing it not only with the bat. He made three just absolutely terrific plays in that series, just completed as they were in Minneapolis against the Twins where they swept all three games in that particular area. And Ben's also if you go, eleven hits in his last twenty nine advanced three seventy nine average in the last seven games.
Speaker 14: And Freddie Freeman just keeps motoring along. But on the other hand, the Padres Manny Machada. Manny Machado's hitting one hundred and eighty four lowest batting average in the BIGS, fourteen home runs forty three RBIs Tatis finally beginning to heat it up a little bit. He's been on base eighteen consecutive games. But the Padres all, you just have not been able to hit a lick.
Speaker 8: No, they've had trouble offensively. In fact, you start to look overall, they have allowed more runs scored against them than runs that they hit put up on the board, and that is not going to be really playing very well in their division. However, if you look at it, Padres feeling good about this, Charlie. They just swept the Atlanta Raims here before. The Dodgers and the Padres play tonight and it's a big, big series.
Speaker 14: Four the Padres as the Dodgers begin the second leg of this nine game ten day road trip, three in San Diego, three up in Sacramento before coming back home Game one of the three game set Dodgers and Padres from Pedgo coming up in just a bit, Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Decas we're getting closer in the first pitch, we're gonna get your preview this pitching matchup Steven Nelson.
Speaker 6: And Rick Monday. I'll be back. They'll have the keys to the game. But up next we.
Speaker 5: Go high and tight with the manager himself. Dave roberts So leads up to Dodgers and Padres live.
Speaker 6: From Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: I'm Sam Cases, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network as we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers one on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night, the start of a three game series from Petco Park.
Speaker 6: Dodgers a nine game lead.
Speaker 5: In the NL West, looking to extend that with a win tonight. Rokie Susaki, former Dodger Walker Buehler the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers coming up in a couple of minutes. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 4: We're in his hometown. We are in slam Diego, that's what they used to call it. But the Dodgers are back here at Petco Park. The last time they were here, they had a game and a half lead in the NL West. Now a nine game lead over the San Diego Padres, and I'm in the office, the managers off of the man that has three World championships as the manager and in twenty twenty six the best record in baseball, and that is the one and only Dave Roberts brought to a spy downy Hunday. Dave, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 9: Appreciate it. Dave.
Speaker 15: Always fun catching up with you, having a conversation, and yeah, coming off and off day got in the late a couple of nights ago, guys reset did what they could do. And then today, you know, just kind of going around the clubhouse, everyone seemed recharged.
Speaker 4: Were you surprised even on the day off, just how whatever took place in Minnesota took on a life of its own with social media. I mean, it just seems like there's no controlling some of these things.
Speaker 9: No, I get it.
Speaker 15: And when you're the Los Angeles Dodgers, everything is certainly more magnified. And I guess the off day came at the right time, and you know, just seeing the guys right now. Ultimately we won three games there, and you're always trying to get better with communication amongst staff, players, staff, our players, among play players, and so that's part of it.
Speaker 9: So nothing is always easy.
Speaker 15: But you know, coming in here today, I feel really good about, you know, communication, where we're at.
Speaker 4: You got Walker Bueller on the mound for the padres today. Obviously he's meant a lot to you, a lot to the Dodgers. What do you expect tonight as far as his emotions. Do you feel like that may get the better of him tonight?
Speaker 15: Well, I think it's going to bring out the best in him in the sense of his motivation to want to pitch well against us. He means a lot to me, obviously, means a lot to the Dodger fans. Considering what he's done for all of us. I think who he is now, he has sort of reinvented himself. The fastball is not ninety seven ninety eight. You're going to see fours and threes and three to five. There's be a lot of cutters, a lot of curveballs, you know, some two seamers, and kind of just mixing and matching, more of an even distributed pitch mix.
Speaker 9: But he's still as competitive as ever.
Speaker 4: I'm always interested with what you're seeing from the dugout because you've had so many really good players come through this clubhouse that have moved on to other teams. Just when you're watching a guy like Walker who does feed off emotion, will what will you know early in the game.
Speaker 15: You know, I think for me is he's not going I know Walker in big games, and this is going to be a big game for him. He's going to try to minimize slug. He's not afraid to walk guys. You know, when it gets hot, he's going to go to his secondary pitches. You know, he's going to be emotional. I think that this is something that he's always you know, wanted to stay a Dodger and it just didn't work out. So his first crack at US, I think he's going to be pretty emotional.
Speaker 4: What did you love the most about him when he was pitching for you? We think back to twenty eighteen Game one sixty three, obviously the last out in the twenty four World Series. What did you love the most about him being on your side?
Speaker 15: I think that I think the main thing I loved about him is that you knew that he was going to compete. He was going to make pitches when he needed to make pitches. He was prepared, he wasn't afraid. I think that you know, you said Game one sixty three. There's been a lot of postseason games, you know, the clinching game coming back in New York in game six. There's just a lot of things that this guy has just got a huge heart and compete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll ever forget the post at Yankee Stadium. I think that's the lasting image.
Speaker 15: I think he was just looking right at me, Dave saying, I told you, Doc, I could do this.
Speaker 9: Just give me the baseball.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Padres. Dave, just take an inventory of the first half of the season. You have the best record in baseball and your team hasn't been whole yet. How have you been able.
Speaker 2: To do it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean I think that we haven't been whole. It doesn't feel like we have the best record in and I think that's a good thing. You know, we're always striving to get better and on the margins get better. Guys have stepped up, certainly in the bullpen. The bottom half of the rotation has been fantastic.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 15: The defense has been very consistent, even with what Muki did in Minnesota. On the defensive side, was huge. How have we done it? I think for us it's just really not worrying about the guys that aren't with us and just focusing on the guys that are with us and trying to you know, just collect wins, keep stocking wins and so and also just trying to get better every day.
Speaker 4: How much higher can the ceiling be for you guys this year?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean we expect to win another championship. We have a long way to go, even from June twenty sixth to you know, to the postseason. But I think for us, you know, getting guys back, you know, getting Blake back, getting Eddie ds back, getting Will Smith back, getting Taoskar back, guys like that Evan Phillips are going to make us, you know, raise that ceiling for us. But for me, honestly, seeing the younger guys play another guy's good opportunities, that's been a big takeaway up to this point.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you mentioned Tommy Edmunds back ta Oscar Hernandez. Is he still coming back when you get to Sacramento.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's the plan is he's going to play again the next two nights and then Sunday. I think he'll be down and he'll meet us in Sacramento on Monday.
Speaker 4: I remember a couple of weeks ago you had mentioned around the fourth of July for Evan Phillips. Is that still trending in the right direction?
Speaker 9: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Right now, I think he's going to take a couple of days off from pitching back to back, and so I think that that July fourth kind of timeline still looks to be you know where we're at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you look at your team now, you're starting to get your bullpen looking like you wanted it to until Diaz comes back. With Brock Stewart back, it feels like some of these younger guys, Kyle Hurt have really seized their opportunity.
Speaker 15: No, Kyle Hurt is a guy that you know, we traded for him a couple of years ago and just always liked his stuff, but just couldn't stay on the field. But now the body is strong, he's healthy, he's got a lot of real confidence, and we've I've referenced that with Robleski with that real confidence. Now Henriquez, you know, Guarda is another guy that I think that he's come of age. And so with Kyle Hurt and Guarda Henriquez. Doing what they're doing allows me to you know, put Vessia and Tanner Scott in their rightful spots and having trying and down, so we still really haven't lost much.
Speaker 4: You know, I love when you talk about your trust tree.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 15: But the great thing is that it's not a plan, it's a trust tree. And that's a good thing for a manager when you've got a lot of different good branches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mookie Betts, you mentioned him and his defense, the trust tree has always been there with him. Do you feel like he's kind of turned the corner on his season?
Speaker 15: I do, I do, and and I think the thing is for me is that the defense has been consistent, you know, from the outset. But I think the thing is that you know, we all have to wrap our heads around, is that he's not Mookie from from Boston.
Speaker 9: He's not playing right field, and so you.
Speaker 15: Know, people, I think, and even Mookie I'm sure has that expectation have a nine hundred ops, but you know, you're playing shortstop. And for me, it's you know, dominate the defense, which he has, help us win baseball games, which he has, And for me, I just don't look at the numbers. I really don't. I just want him. I still believe he's a productive player, but it's not something as shooting for a certain standard of an ops to kind of validate who he is as a ballplayer right now.
Speaker 4: Does he understand that? Do you feel like he has that outlook for himself?
Speaker 15: I think so, you know, And we've had numerous conversations about that, about expectations and still you know, telling him, you know, how much I believe he is a great player, but understanding you know, expectations, I think manager expectations is something really.
Speaker 9: Important for all of us.
Speaker 15: But you know, for people to expect him to, you know, be superman, that's sometimes unrealistic, but it is an ultimate compliment. But again, at the end of the day, to put a ball on this day, we've got the best record in baseball.
Speaker 9: We're not whole.
Speaker 15: There's still a lot of good things that we're doing, and we got a fun series this week and ahead of us, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt, before we back out of here, Kyle Tucker is back in the starting lineup. It seems like that back issues behind him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think so, you know, getting him a few days to kind of reset, he took swings the other day in Minnesota. He feels good and it'll be good to get him back in right field tonight.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, Dave. Always great to catch up with you. I know it's a busy time when you're in San Diego, but it's always great to share you with the fans.
Speaker 15: No love the conversation, and it's I enjoy kind of giving the fans this insight.
Speaker 4: There he is the man, Dave Roberts, three time winning World Series Manager, the man with the best record in baseball. As they head into tonight's game against the Padres, Hey, how about you head into summer with a medical emergency kit.
Speaker 1: It is a risk.
Speaker 4: Be ready with an urgent care kit. Say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at urgentcarekit dot com slash blue. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you to Dave Roberts as well. As we are live from the Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove one two nine four to one ninth Street in Garden Grove. We're here for another fifteen minutes doing the pregame show and then we got a special viewing party. Come check out the Smoke Queen Barbecue Winnie Ye, all the great food and drinks here and Garden Grove. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Padres up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kaz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game going home for La Dodgers Baseball hits.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night. Leading up to first pitch from Petco Park, first pitch set of six to forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Walker Bueller on the Mountain four and three at the three ninety six Rora.
Speaker 6: The thirty one year old right hander.
Speaker 5: Spent almost seven seasons in a Dodger uniform. He was hurt a couple of years last year, though he was with the Red Sox with the Phillies. Signed a minor league deal with the Padres during spring train this year, made the rotation, making his sixteenth start this year last time out five and a third innings, a one run, five hit, seven strikeouts and a no decision. In fact, his last four starts here in the month of June, he's one to zero with a one to seventeen rara, twenty two strikeouts, only five walks, only one home run given up. This isn't the first time the Dodgers have seen Walker Buelly. They saw him last year in Boston, as David Vasse alluded to earlier. Four to two third innings, three runs, four hits, five strikeouts in a loss at Fenway Park. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty four year old right hitter, making his fourteen start this year last time out five and two third inning's, three runs, four hits, two home runs, six strikeouts. That was a no decision against the Baltimore Orioles. Believe it or not, this is the first time Rokie Susaki has faced Manny Machado and the Padres. Dodgers Padres, we're.
Speaker 6: Fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the blue all season long hits.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers and the Padres, Rookie Susaki, Walker Bueler, the pitching matchup. We're alive from Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove. We got a watch party coming up in just a couple of minutes. As we lead you up to first pitch. When the start of the game, the supporto start great moment, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of Chris Been refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. One final time, we head back out to the boots Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, all right, TC counting down the first pitch at pet Cole Park, a gorgeous Friday night here in San Diego. To open up this series in Mo it is Rookie Sasaki for the Dodgers against Walker Buehler, the old friend now pitching for the Padres. The two time World Series champ recorded the final out of the twenty twenty four World Series victory in the Bronx in New York and now in San Diego City. Connect uniforms starting against La give me a key or a player to watch tonight.
Speaker 8: I think with Sasaki, let's start right off the top. When he's ahead in the count, it's only a one seventy batting average against. Why is that important? Well, when he's behind in the count this year, it's a three eighty nine batting average and he's also been hit over three twenty five with runners in scoring position. So for Susaki, go ahead and challenge hitters. I've seen him do. I think two of the last three outings he's had he has challenged hitters instead of pitching like he's trying to avoid the hit or even hitting the base.
Speaker 7: Some I'll tell you, I think we're both looking out for tonight. Is him later in the outings because he has been so good to start outings. I know we've had so many conversations about guys like Yoshinobyamamoto or she struggling in the first inning. Well for Sasaki innings one through four, he is great. But you saw it last time out against Baltimore. After five scoreless five shoutout innings. You could see the breathing was heavier, the sweat was more evident and obvious, and he seemed to be laboring more. It was like, Okay, he's running out of gas, and it was clear that the end of his last two outings, teams have taken.
Speaker 1: It to him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, in spite of the fact that his velocity has remained relatively high. It hasn't been like he's run out of gas and all of a sudden i drop off in velocity that has been there. Just the effectiveness now has been proved.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, It'll be Sasaki and Bueller, the Dodgers against the Padres. The Dodgers have done well against San Diego the last couple of years, really since that twenty twenty four Division Series, and they want to try and keep it that way and continue this hot stretch where they've won twenty eight of thirty nine games since the thirteenth of May.
Speaker 6: Send it back to you, all right, thanks a lot, Nelly. First pitch is next.
Speaker 5: David Vassy's got you cover with all the post game. We are live at the Smoke Queen Barbecue and Garden Grove. We got a watch party. Come on out, hang out with Dodger fans. It's the Dodgers and Padres next first pitch.
Speaker 6: Enjoy everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network