Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: They take a little bit of a rag or something and dip it in wine, and the kid suckles on the wine and so gets plastered, which is why you rarely see Jewish alcoholics.
Speaker 3: I don't drink.
Speaker 4: I don't drink.
Speaker 3: And why because I was circumcised?
Speaker 4: Did them oil go down there when you're eight days old and goes huh someone not any diby. Someone beat me too.
Speaker 3: Okay, enough of brisk talk.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody handle here on a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Day, Wednesday, October fifteenth, today's final day to pay taxes if you've gotten all the extensions. So lot of people, especially if you know, you get k ones, things like that where if you have an investment portfolio or a lot of folks say out up just their retirement tied up in their iras, et cetera.
Speaker 3: So a lot of taxes are filed bt COVID fourteen.
Speaker 5: And remember La County residents also had an automatic extension because of the fires. So they're right, so taxes weren't technically do until today.
Speaker 2: Well, that's La County for everybody, and eld I don't know if the Feds did the same thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was for both federal end state.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people took advantage of that. All right, quick, hello to one and all.
Speaker 2: Will Cole Schreiber are going to start with you. Good morning, Will, thank you, building, good morning, good morning. You know the that promo we did about circumcision. You know, I don't know if you heard that I did, are you.
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you need to know for because I want to know. Let's go around the room, okay, and dat anteater or helmet.
Speaker 3: And coda. I'm cleaned up, I'm circumcised.
Speaker 2: Okay, whoa, that is tough live in Africa, do you that's nice? Okay, enough of that, thank you, fair enough, Neil, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning. And Mexican Catholic you better believe it, sister.
Speaker 2: Mexican Catholics don't. By the way, fifty percent American men are not used to be. Eighty percent were not anymore, not anymore. Now was going back to natural and the argument is is that is somehow what's the word they're.
Speaker 3: Using with that, to fame, not to faming, certainly but im.
Speaker 2: Mutilate, mutilating your body, mutilating your body, your penis.
Speaker 3: Yes, to fame your penis. That's right.
Speaker 6: Seven am, everybody, It is.
Speaker 3: A good morning, I say, six am. All right.
Speaker 2: Uh cono, I say, goodboye Hello, good morning, Amy, Hi Bill. Hey, you're Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Huh doing pretty good? Did you see what I brought?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, the dog, the blue Dodger Blue with the sprinkles.
Speaker 3: I have a question in terms of sprinkles.
Speaker 2: Uh, is there a straight man on this planet that eats stone it's with sprinkles on it?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I'm in Wow.
Speaker 6: Why do you have an issue with sprinkles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I just I've always thought that sprinkles were like gay oriented.
Speaker 4: That's all because they're called Jimmy's.
Speaker 2: Uh I know, no, no, no, I just for some reason I thought about I thought there was a connection to that leave me alone, okay, shirt, you're going to accuse people of being gay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty gay shirt. Anyway. You have tickets tomorrow for the game, right, you can see the game tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Night, Amy, tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tomorrow afternoon excited, which.
Speaker 5: Is even better because then I can still get home and get sleep before coming back to work the next day.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll see two down, so they have to win four.
Speaker 6: Right, yes, so tomorrow's game three.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, what when's the last time a team swept in the National or the Yeah, in m W National or American.
Speaker 3: League, like swept, swept four games straight.
Speaker 6: I don't know. She's she's more of a fan than than me.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, how those padres doing ann Oh?
Speaker 6: I see it on them?
Speaker 3: Good morning all right, and doesn't mess around.
Speaker 4: She goes good morning.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could say good morning instead of a wave of the hand, a wave of one finger. I guess that's just another way of saying good morning. All right, guys. We've got, of course, tons of news, a lot of Trump news today which we didn't do much yesterday, and a lot of things are going on in the Middle East too. We're going to talk about a little bit later. This thing is this peace accord, the ceasefire maybe falling apart even as we speak, and I'll explain why a little bit later on.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, let's do it, guys.
Speaker 2: Time for handle on the news on this day, Wednesday, October fifteenth, and that's we start with.
Speaker 3: Neil and Amy and Moa Leed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, if you're a landlord and you happen to rent to folks who have questionable legal identities or legal status in the United States and they have been deported or no longer able to work, LA County officials voted to declare a state of emergency, giving them the power to provide assistance for residents who say they've suffered financially from ongoing federal immigration rates.
Speaker 4: Well, you bet you.
Speaker 2: People have been deported, suffer financially their family, sure Duke is no longer working. So this allows the Ali County Board, the supervitor supervisors to provide.
Speaker 3: Rent relief.
Speaker 2: Based on the immigration raids and funds will be available. You apply via an online portal that's going to be launched within two months, and there may be an eviction moratorium like there was during COVID and landlords are worried, sick, another financial hit after the extended ban during COVID. Now a quick question I want to ask you, because those that are in favor of the moratorium and giving relief to these folks will argue the rent is still due.
Speaker 3: It didn't stop the rent from being due.
Speaker 2: So now let's say you have you know, folks of lower socio economic means, or even people who are middle class or upper class and don't have to pay the rent for nine months or a year.
Speaker 3: At the end of the period, the rent.
Speaker 2: Can be I don't know, thirty forty thousand dollars, twenty five thousand dollars. How many people have come up with that much money in a check. I'd love to know the figures of how many people were able to pay back rent when the moratorium was over. I would guess a small number of people leaving the landlorders just nailed Which way do you go? You can't have one of the both without the government coming in and subsidizing. Then those two factions are then they break even.
Speaker 3: So I don't know the answer to that. I'd love to know that answer.
Speaker 2: And if you can look that one up, what percentage of people who owed money after the moratorium that was predicated that was based on COVID, how many of them paid their rent brought it up up to the level where they needed to pay.
Speaker 3: Okay, moving on, better watch.
Speaker 6: What you say.
Speaker 5: The Trump administration has revoked vises of six foreigners who were deemed to have made derisive comments or made light of the assassination of Charlie Kirk last month. The State Department says it had determined that those six foreigners should lose their vises after reviewing their online social media posts and clips about Kirk. Remember, he was killed at Eustah Valley University on September tenth. The State Department said aliens who take advantage of America's hospitality while celebrating the assassination of our citizens will be removed.
Speaker 2: Now, this is the scary part. Trump and Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and this is a quote. We'll defend our borders, our culture, and our citizens by enforcing our immigration laws. According to the State Department, Okay, Now, can the government just.
Speaker 3: Toss people out?
Speaker 2: Probably because folks here on a visa are here at the pleasure of the United States and that is controlled by the government, and the government certainly.
Speaker 3: Will have the power to do this.
Speaker 2: It will be the lawsuits filed, but the government will have the power to do this. Now, how about people here legally? Also, they have a power to undo the green card? How about citizens?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because we're very close to If you say anything against Donald Trump, We're going to nail you.
Speaker 3: The Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump just said that, Well we know that no more money to cities though federal money to cities that are anti Trump. The World Cup, the federal money could be yanked because and he says, politically, it's straight out, it's not even it's not even. Your threat to America is if you speak against me or the administration, I'm going to go after you.
Speaker 3: He has said that outright.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys are scared about scared about that?
Speaker 3: I am? I am.
Speaker 2: How close are we to if an American citizen speaks out against Trump, that is a trader, that is someone who hates Americas.
Speaker 4: So what's going to happen there?
Speaker 3: Oh, the people will be tossed out?
Speaker 4: I mean the tossed out of American citizens being tossed out of America.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can't toss Americans, Okay, because that's what it's worried.
Speaker 3: What you can do.
Speaker 2: What you can do is be punished a school board, a state, individuals.
Speaker 4: At this point, it's.
Speaker 2: Still well you go, I'll tell you what you have James call me. You can argue going after a specific person. Now, did James call me attempt to sue Donald Trump, Letitia James or something else where she went after Trump with a vengeance.
Speaker 3: They're right about weaponizing. I think the DA's office with Letitia James.
Speaker 4: I mean that was just bad politics.
Speaker 2: That was right now, that was straight out going after that and there's no there there.
Speaker 4: You're saying they're going to manufacture evidence.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not without evidence, not evidence, it's just you say it. You say it, like in this case, you say something, you don't act.
Speaker 3: You just say something.
Speaker 2: For example, if you say something against Charlie Kirk, your visa is going to be well.
Speaker 4: I don't under straight out, First of all, I don't understand how Charlie Kirk plays a part of the United States government to begin with.
Speaker 3: I know Charlie.
Speaker 2: Kirk plays a part of Americanism. Charlie Kirk plays a part of.
Speaker 3: Who we are. Just this is.
Speaker 4: Like I'm talking to you as an attorney telling me that implying that American citizens are going to be deported.
Speaker 2: No they're not. I never said American citizens are going to be deported. I said people on visas are going to be deported. They can't deport an American citizen.
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's again. Can they let Jews go to the bus? No, that's not going to happen. But they what they can do is yank student visas, they can yank work visas, they can yank just.
Speaker 4: Done at any time by any administration.
Speaker 3: When's the last time, Biden, Obama, George W. Bush.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying that is not a unique power, except that is it's being used. The president, for example, has the ability to call martial law, declare it straight out and remove all due process, remove your ability to even go into court. Now, when's the last time that happened. They have the power, he has the power to do it, and unfortunately that power is being stretched.
Speaker 4: And I want to make this clear on this particular story. I don't believe people that have a problem with Charlie Kirk should be deported.
Speaker 3: Well they are, well they are.
Speaker 4: But we can deport for any reason.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy said, the government in terms of visas, can deport for almost any because the government, the government can determine that these people are in a look to the United States.
Speaker 5: Aren't there conditions that people like sign yes, I agree to this, and I agree to that when they get a visa. I think what the administration is saying is they violated those conditions.
Speaker 2: And well, those conditions are if you speak out against the United States, if you say something against Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 3: Yes, right there.
Speaker 2: I don't think Charlie Kirk is So why are they throwing that? Why did the president say we're throwing out people? Were removing people if they say anything against Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 4: That's on the record, all right, all right, in a little bit of hot water. Still, Katie Porter express remorse. If you remember, she is the Democratic gubernatorial candidate, and she is seen in video scolding a reporter about asking her what seemed to be difficult questions that others had asked. She finally came out, interestingly enough, she didn't come out right away, but she came out and said she could have handled things better. And then she went into the political speak of I think I'm known as someone who's able to handle tough questions, who's willing to answer questions except in that particular interview. But then they found, you know, her scolding somebody at worked for her. You're in my effing shot right now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, is that two videos out of the thousands that she has been videoed because she's a political figure, Is that a video as far as I know? Okay, so you have two videos, and she can't have a bad day. You can't just be really pissed off in a bad day when it comes to being videoed or a statement or oh sure you can.
Speaker 6: Well, then cancel the interview if you're having that bad of a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well, that's true, but you don't know you're having that bad of a day until you say it.
Speaker 4: How many videos does it take?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: How many videos does it take to screw in a light bulb? That is exactly the question.
Speaker 5: Moving on Hamas maybe playing with fire. People in Israel are thrilled the twenty living hostages were released, but there are twenty eight bodies of hostages that are supposed to be released under the ceasefire. Hamas had until twelve local time, which was one am hour time Monday, to hand over the hostages to Israel, all of them alive and deceased. Well, four of them were released Monday evening and then yesterday four more bodies were released, but now they've said one of those wasn't even one of the hostages, so there's twenty one that have not been released yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're right about playing with fire because they've already reached that agreement and Israel's cut half the aid coming into Gaza. And it's like, this is Natanyaho you're talking about. If there's if this goes on for more, If this goes on and continues on with not releasing the bodies, I think you're going to see it again. I think Israel is going to go right in again and start it's a military incursion.
Speaker 5: I talked to jar Donna Miller about this with ABC this morning, and she said she thinks that more bodies are going to be released today. But one of the issues is they don't They literally don't know where they all are.
Speaker 2: And that may be the case because they're not necessarily held by Hamas, because we know there are splinter groups out there that may very well be holding bodies. But Hamas they have to come clean and say here's the bodies that we do have.
Speaker 3: Boom, you have, mall right, why.
Speaker 5: Not just release them all right, everything that they have, and then say, well, we'll try to find the other one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Whenever the argument becomes we don't know how many are under the rubble because they were there when this building was attacked. We know that there were hostages held at various places that were bombed.
Speaker 4: There's no living hostages left.
Speaker 2: Though right now those are those have all been returned well.
Speaker 5: And then we're also CNN was saying that of the ones that are released, I mean it's horrific. Some were blindfolded. These are the bodies. Their hands and legs were cuffed. There are signs of gunshot wounds in some cases. Others had been run over by tanks and they released those bodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see Hamas returning ones have been run over by tanks arguing that wasn't us, that was the Israelis. But the handcuffing and the shooting, and some of them had been returned that were clearly starved, frail. The ones that came out looked to be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 4: But you had you had CNN reporters saying that they were probably treated better than the people of Gaza.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that was just about to say, if Hamas had any brains, they would have treated all the hostages very well, so they don't come back emaciated and the hostages can say we were treated well, uh, no idea why they didn't considering how valuable those hostages were politically to hamas Because hamas.
Speaker 3: Yes, and there are I'm not talking about No, I'm not talking about that. No one's ever accused.
Speaker 2: Of course they're monsters, but no one's ever accused of coasts of being stupid.
Speaker 3: This was stupid.
Speaker 5: Well, kids can't see everything on Instagram anymore. Instagram is rolling out new protections for teen accounts and introducing a system that limits what young users can see based on PG thirteen movies. So if you can watch a PG thirteen movie, that's about as much as you can see on Instagram. Users under eighteen won't be able to opt out without their parents' permission, and parents will be able to place even stricter restrictions on their teens accounts. And they see that, well, they're using artificial intelligence to detect teens are claiming to be adults among others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense, Okay, so they can.
Speaker 5: What they're planning to do is hide certain content, strong language, risky stunts, maria, marijuana related content, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I saw Jaws recently. Yeah, sorry, I saw Jaws. The movie Jaws fiftieth anniversary took my eight going on nine year old son. It's PG.
Speaker 6: Jaws was PG.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was our It's PG, and boy was a different in the seventies because there is some heinous, heinous things in that that I would not think was PG. So I like the scene.
Speaker 2: Where the h whether the oxygen tank is shoved down the throat of the shark and then the rifle uh shot, and then the whole the shark explodes.
Speaker 3: I thought that so much.
Speaker 4: That I think it was you know, seeing kids on floaties being dragged do yeah by that. But anyways, if handle gets sick, he's probably gonna die. Thousands of unionized Kaiser Permanente registered nurses and other health professionals five days strike. So you got five days you can't be sick bill. This is in California and Hawaii, so they got contract negotiations obviously, but this is registered nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, midwives, physician assistants, rehab therapists. I mean it goes across the board on people who are striking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're taking a page from us, replacing all these jobs with minimum wage interns.
Speaker 4: Well, how could you do that with like physical like people that are trained and have got.
Speaker 3: Me Yeah, I mean I was just a statement, that's all.
Speaker 2: It was just a political tangential statement about.
Speaker 3: Where the world is.
Speaker 4: Don't get sick.
Speaker 2: Actually, they say they're going to have enough enough staff that they'll.
Speaker 4: They're going to have doctors and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, doctors are still there, but you know the nurses, the nurse practitioners and nurse anesthesiologists which provide a huge number of anesthesia to cases.
Speaker 4: So what's the difference.
Speaker 2: N Oh, they're well, the doctor is obviously trained a lot more, but a nurse anesthetist they know what they're doing and what typically happens. A friend of mine was head of the uh U c L a nurse anesthetist group, and there is an anesthetist there, but they're they're running four uh E O R s at the same time, and it's nurse anesthetist that actually do the work. They're very highly trained. Uh, that's that's the difference. You have to have someone over sea and if there's an issue, of course, the doctor comes in, the anesthesiologist comes in.
Speaker 5: Elie's planning to invest two billion dollars on skid Row. It's a residential and commercial complex, and the City Planning Commission is backing it. Last week they said, yep, we are all for this one. It's called Fourth and Central. It's a seven and a half acre compound along Central Avenue. It would have fifteen hundred eighty nine apartments, two hundred and forty nine affordable units, four hundred and one thousand square feet of creative office space, one hundred and forty five thousand square feet of retail or restaurant space, ten distinct buildings of various sizes that would change the city's skyline.
Speaker 6: City council will consider it later this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they say they're going to do.
Speaker 2: Right, we know the reality And can you look up call RII and find out what two billion dollars worth of tents, how much.
Speaker 4: The cost, how many bedrooms in the tent? Sometimes a lot of the homeless folks out here in Los Angeles have multi bedroom.
Speaker 3: Oh they do, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And then you can add a bathroom depending on how close the porta potty is to uh the tent. Little village we had one whole electricity from none. Well, it depends on where I mean the one that was under the bridge near my house that they got rid of. No, but there were two bedrooms in a bath, especially the ones right next to the porta potty. But then that has that's a little bit problematic too because the drugs and uh, you know the garbage that's out there in the Yeah, so it's a it's a god awful mess.
Speaker 3: I hope this works. I hope it works.
Speaker 2: Because it uh, what it does is just increase housing. But it's going to be pretty expensive stuff, although a third of it's going to be low income housing.
Speaker 5: You know what, your favorite store has thousand dollars mini homes.
Speaker 3: At Costco.
Speaker 6: Have you seen them?
Speaker 3: No? Are those those twenty thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: I see those sheds, but I thought they were eight nine hundred dollars for those sheds you put behind your building, behind your house.
Speaker 4: Oh no, some of these these mini houses are actually very nice. People use them as as offices, put them on their property.
Speaker 5: I don't understand why we don't invest in these inspead instead of spending six hundred thousand dollars per unit, Well because apartment.
Speaker 4: You get it.
Speaker 2: Why everybody thinks that is that is not understood very well.
Speaker 3: It's not just the apartment itself.
Speaker 2: It is the ancillary services, the mental health services, the rehab services that go with it.
Speaker 5: Well, then put them in and they put them on the footprint of that two billion dollars.
Speaker 3: It may very well happen.
Speaker 2: For now, it's going to be No, that's not going to happen because this is just going to be affordable housing. People still be able to afford it, So rents and Southern California will go from well, there'll be three different versions reasonable which doesn't exist anymore, A prohibitive punitive that's tier two, and then science fiction is three.
Speaker 3: Is tier three?
Speaker 4: All right, So Gavin Newsom to the rescue and he says that he's going to ban certain types of block style semiotic firearms. They have this cruciform trigger bar. This all deals with the relationship between the trigger mechanism, the striker, the slide. The fear is that they could be modified from semi automatic to fully automatic, and why an idiot would want a fully automatic handgun. Well, I'll explain that on You couldn't control if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven fifty were going I'm going to talk about that.
Speaker 4: But he's kind of like banning cars because you can modify them to not be street legal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, I mean to some extent, although banning card making a car non street legal is a lot more complicated.
Speaker 3: And all that, and spend ninety muffler it's quite.
Speaker 2: The same, very very rarely does a mufferless car kill me out a relative to other cars.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to talk more about it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the courts are going to shut down this bill and I'll explain why. It's really interesting how the court's thinking is. That's coming up at seven point fifty.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're living longer again.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty three, life expectancy for women seventy six point three years, for men seventy one point five years. That is what pre pandemic levels were. Of course, the life expectancy fell during the height of COVID, but now COVID is no longer the leading cause of death. Now heart disease and stroker rising again to become the leading causes of death globally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a weird number that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: This number globes global number, because let's look at the countries that you live in Uh, let's look at where you sit socioeconomically. So, for example, you live in southern California, you have a job, you're white, your middle class, your life expectancy is going to be a whole lot higher than if you're sitting in the Sudan and you're having sand for dinner.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is a very different kind of life expectancy. So I think it has to be more specific as to geographical areas. For example, southern California or California relative to Mississippi, I think is different life expectancy.
Speaker 3: And it's still within the United States.
Speaker 4: I've been to Mississippi. It's got to be different, got to be Seriously, I've been all over the world. There is no foreign place I've ever been to more foreign than Mississippi. On the fourth of July and what is the new Christian fat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're more over. Well, no, it wasn't about that.
Speaker 4: It just it's like kids coming out from the bushes, gone, you know, mama found another snake.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, what's and that's the moment.
Speaker 2: What is the nutritional However, what's the nutritional value of possum?
Speaker 3: And I don't know the answer to that. We're done it.
Speaker 4: Just was different. Beautiful, lovely people, but just different.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, So I don't buy this global life expectancy because it doesn't tell as much.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is kf I A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app