Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning show. I don't know what the answer is to this, but it doesn't seem right. She's planning her proposal.
Speaker 2: So this is not somebody that I know personally. It is I would say, a friend of a friend, but she's not really a friend of mine. She's my friend's friend. So my friend's friend, okay, anyway, but she is planning every single detail of her proposal, which she knows is going to happen because she's planning it.
Speaker 3: Aren't you supposed to with a proposal.
Speaker 1: Aren't you supposed to be surprised and there's supposed to be some element of not knowing what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: For most people. Yes, that's how I wanted it to be.
Speaker 2: But she and her boyfriend are going on a trip here in the next couple of weeks. I think they're going to Mexico. It's a warm weather destination, doesn't matter. But her demands for this proposal are very very specific.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: In addition to she has already designed her ring down to the last detail. Now, to be fair, I did tell Wes I want to a pair shaped diamond.
Speaker 4: That's about all I had told him. Okay, hold on, like I did.
Speaker 3: I did say that you bringing yourself up in this. Yeah you planned that Paris proposal.
Speaker 2: I did if I could pull something like.
Speaker 1: That off, because whenever you hear a topic and somebody goes a friend of mine, no, this is this.
Speaker 2: Is like, this hasn't happened yet. This hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: Because if that was you, that.
Speaker 2: That was not me, that credit to West there was because that would make me go, okay, yeah, I would have worn a different outfit anyway. Okay, So for this girl, she designed her ring. I almost want to say she's paying for a ring. But the proposal has to take place on the second night of this trip.
Speaker 4: For what reason, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think maybe they arrived the first day, so she wants to get acclimated. Whatever proposal has to take place on the second night. They hired. She hired a photographer to document the whole thing. Her boyfriend soon to be Beyonce's outfit was totally purchased head to toe by her.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Charity has her whole outfit.
Speaker 2: She has the music picked out for the post that she's going to make on social media. All right now, it's sing the engagement. I mean when I say every detail is you're.
Speaker 1: Divorced, because she's guaranteed this relationship is not gonna last.
Speaker 2: But my friend was saying to me, I'm so curious to see the post when she actually makes it, because is she gonna are there?
Speaker 4: Is there going to be a surprise face? Well, he is going to being surprised for the photos.
Speaker 3: Or fiance even be in it. She fakes orgasms too, by the way, I guarantee you.
Speaker 5: I think this is I think, and I don't know if if you're finished or not, but I think this is completely wrong, and I feel like this is where our society and culture is heading into. For a significant piece of the population, it's less about me and the person I'm proposing to and more about this show and everybody else.
Speaker 1: It's because of social media exactly. Social media has ruined everybody it is. It has made people go on vacation and not be on vacation. They're going on vacation to take pictures of a vacation, you know, I think, and I find this with myself, and I'm guilty of this too. I find myself going places only because we post social media and things like that. I find myself going places and not just enjoying the time. I find myself going, sure, what's the picture going to be? You know, and it's stupid for.
Speaker 4: Sure, because it's our data post or whatever.
Speaker 2: This though, to me is I it is sad because I do think that it should be a surprise, you.
Speaker 1: Know, of anything that you have in your life. This is the surprise moment right in proposal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe a baby that you don't know the sex of or something, you know, like those are surprises that you are very few surprises that.
Speaker 4: You get anymore.
Speaker 1: There are still people that find out the sex because they want to be able to decorate and do all the rest of that stuff.
Speaker 3: But your proposal is something that's a surprise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I feel like theater when you start bringing all this into it, like let me make sure the photographer is there, let me make sure videograph first, dear, they sure to hear, and it becomes a show an event as opposed to like this moment that I share between this person and hopefully I'll be with for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six sixty five sixty five four eight. Anybody disagree and think that what she's doing is great. And are there any listeners that are listening that have ever done this where they planned out everything, they planned out their proposal, Because to me, I think it's crazy.
Speaker 3: But you may have a reason why it's not.
Speaker 5: I don't agree if if the reason or the notion is that you feel like all of this is acceptable, it's because hopefully this will only happen one time in my life and I want to make sure it's perfect.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with that philosophy. Yeah, that's not the way to do it. Well, I think this too, is weird. I do think the photographer at the proposal call me crazy on this one. To me seems a little weird. And I'm gonna and I'm telling you, I thank god that you had it for yours because we got great web heaps off of it, or great social great. But when I say this to you, like I think it's weird when you're doing this, I think it's wonderful to have the documentation of the day, but I think also it's kind of like there's nothing in the word organic. Kind of bothers me sometimes, but there's nothing really organic about it because you're way too thinking about every bit of the thing, so I actually not living the moment.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I was happy that he had hired a photographer for our proposal. The cool thing about our photographer was I didn't know the guy was a photographer because we were in a space that had so many other people. So I thought it was like I didn't know the proposal was happening obviously until it was. And then when he pointed out the photographer, it was some random dude who I thought was a tourist. However, then once I knew, you know, what had gone down and this guy was a photographer, and we were engaged, and then the photographer stuck around and took photos.
Speaker 4: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: You can see the difference in our photos from our engagement where I hate taking pictures. When we do photo shoots, you know how weird I get. I get weird, And you can tell the difference in the change in me and the photos.
Speaker 3: Well, it does.
Speaker 1: It does definitely change your demeanor because you know now that there is pictures are there are pictures being taken. My niece got engaged over in Chicago on you know that bridge that there's the bridge that the river They die like die Green. She lives in Chicago, and there was a photographer that took pictures from a distance and it was cool to see it. He wasn't close enough, like it was nice to see it from a distance and see her shock. She also was in yoga pants and a T shirt, so she was really pissed off over the fact she wasn't dressed up for the thing. But it was neat to see that whole thing. But then it was like they kind of like just did the few photos and then the photographer left because she was like, I'm not taking more pictures. I don't need any more pictures. This is all I wanted was to be with him. And then then you're taking like you and Wes had to do a whole bunch of photography stuff.
Speaker 4: Because you guys, basically was our engagement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, photo, But then you're kind of away from the whole thing. Like, I will say this to you. My wedding proposal was way not even romantic at all. We were come home from a bar one night and Chelsea had already been wearing her ring and so she knew that she had that I had it, and we were both drunk, and I rolled over to a song playing on the radio and just said will you just marry me? And I proposed to her, but I will say this, like we have no photos, nothing of that to me, we will have the story forever. And I think that this is my problem with what this you know, particular woman is doing. By planning this whole thing. She's not letting this guy be himself like she's being the person. And this is the one moment where you are hearing this person tell you how much that you mean to them. And even if it's something as simple as he just gets down on his knee in the morning while she's getting ready to take a shower, that at least is him, right, It's got.
Speaker 5: To be true to who you are in your relationship.
Speaker 3: Michael, what's going on? What do you think of this?
Speaker 6: I think it's absolutely crazy because she's going to be controlling him and I think he needs to have a prenup time.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, let's put it this way, she might plan the prene up herself. It's kidding, right, I mean, it's it's very controlling.
Speaker 1: She's definitely taking control of that whole situation.
Speaker 3: Shelley, what's up taking Maria?
Speaker 7: Guys, I'm feeling pretty fast from this guy here. I mean, he can't even come up with the proposals, and I feel like she thinks he's not good enough for her already. This guy is signing up for a lifetime of drama that this woman is going to dictate his every move. It's so sad, Like, let the guy surprise you, let him show you himself how much he loves you, instead of telling him how much he loves you and how it's gonna go.
Speaker 8: That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the women who go and give birth to a baby and have like makeup put on them and they get ready to instead of just going and delivering and yeah that you know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some of like's greatest moments just happen when they happen, And what you look like and what you're wearing and having everything else planned out is just nothing. It takes away from the actual joy and the reality of what's going on in the commitment. This is sad.
Speaker 1: I love the pictures that people post that are obviously not staged, like they're there. It's them, you know, with the ugly cry or the ugly you know, I didn't put any makeup on, like I'm you know, not dressed really nice. I love those pictures, but I also know that a lot of people like to see the beauty, you know, they like to see everything kind of planned out. And this girl probably has a hell of a social media following. What's up, Dwight, How you doing good?
Speaker 3: What's going on? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: So my time was? I feel like, like you mentioned earlier, you mentioned that social media is playing a big role in why all of this needs to be like all of the fans paired up trying to go into proposals now right, And I feel like social media plays a role in that because it's starting to make it the standard, like women are going as you can't compose to me the way Modo proposed to Chelsea with the doves and all, and everybody's comparing everything else instead of and keV keV was mentioned before that comparison can be the feaful joy. Yes, And I got lucky because my wife is what I like to call a heartfelt girl. She didn't need all of that I proposed to her. About the riverfront, I had a book made that that kind of told us how we came to be here and at the end it asked her to be my wife.
Speaker 3: So that that and you know what, she loves it and she loves you.
Speaker 6: Right, oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Now that's I agree. And by the way, as a great call, Dwight, and I agree with you. I think that we all just compare ourselves to everybody else. Wendy, what's going on? Wendy's a photographer. Hi, how you doing?
Speaker 9: A photographer down?
Speaker 8: And I'm great.
Speaker 3: How are you good? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: I am a photographer down in Hiltonhead Island and we do three a week ambush engagement photos and it.
Speaker 8: Is just hilarious. But it's always the groom that hires us.
Speaker 4: Is what is an ambush engagement photos?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Well, we have to go, we have to go incognito. The girl does not have, okay, the ideas to be and so we like.
Speaker 9: You know, hide in the bars and or you know, on the beach.
Speaker 8: Or we look like we are just a regular tourist.
Speaker 9: And but we do three a week of them. Sometimes, oh my god. Sometimes sometimes we have mother in laws or you know, future mother in laws arranging it. But but man, there is a blast. But tell tell this poor girl that's doing this, your friend, she's going.
Speaker 8: To be divorced in six months, and will you be there?
Speaker 1: Will you be there to take the pictures, the divorced pictures. I'm there, I'm there to take pictures of the serving papers. Thank you for the call, Tavin. What's up Tavin?
Speaker 6: Here? How's it going?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Nothing much here?
Speaker 6: I just want to say I've been seeing this more and more a lot lately, but women proposing to men, and I feel like at this point she might as well just.
Speaker 1: Write exactly that is so true, and that's pretty much what she's.
Speaker 4: Doing at this point.
Speaker 2: I almost wonder if she's going to write what he's going to say.
Speaker 1: I bet, and I bet she's going to write his voles for him too, Dedra, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I personally don't agree with it. I would like chease price as well, but I'm almost that personal I don't. I don't know the guy. What if he enjoys her taking charge? What if he's open to letting her plan everything so that he can watch her have fun and enjoy the planning process and getting everything she wants because of it's between them, as long as as long as the groom is okay with everything I said, why not?
Speaker 4: You know what, that is a very fair point and I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 5: But man, no, man, won't they girl acting like this? I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 10: No. Yeah, man, like boss women we do.
Speaker 3: But this is a little too boss. This, this is overboard. Boss.
Speaker 5: You gonna forget to tell him where to be. She get worried about controlling everything else. He's gonna be in the room.
Speaker 10: Some man don't want us to plan and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think, though, that this guy has any say so in anything? I guarantee the only thing he's got to say so in is probably paying for some of this. But that's that's about it.