Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth. This is World Champion Dodger Talk. Here we go again.
Speaker 3: We Get Ready running.
Speaker 4: Back, hosted by Dodgers had signer David Bassett.
Speaker 2: How are yea three peat? In the mix?
Speaker 4: Dodger Talk is brought to you by La County Public Works Champions Recycle Beverage Containers make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer. We got this to get in on the show called eight six six not eighty seven, two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts and now your host.
Speaker 1: Here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Reading sin A happy Monday night to everybody out there, wherever you may be. Thanks for making Dodger Talk a part of your evening. Hopefully you're cooling off wherever you are in the Southland as you're making your way home, You're already home, whatever you're doing. Thank you for being a part of Dodger Talk. On this off night edition is the Dodgers have a day off finally, after a nine day, ten day road trip where they had a day off last Thursday in Washington, DC, but wasn't really a day off as they had to go to their third city and a stop in Washington, d C. To go to Capitol Hill and the White House, so not really a chance for them to get off their feet and exhale. But today true golden day off for the Dodgers as they are back home after a six and three road trip that saw them take two to three against the Yankees, two of three against the Phillies, and two of three against the New York Mets over the weekend. We're gonna be here for the next hour taking your phone calls. Needs you to be a part of this conversation. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy We are one week away from the Major League Baseball trade deadline. Yes, the deadline is a week from today, August third, and the big question is what is going to happen with Trek Scoobel of the Detroit Tigers. Now, maybe a little bit more clarity within the last half an hour as far as what the Detroit Tigers may or may not be doing because the Tigers lost again. Yes, the Detroit Tigers lost again tonight. The Tigers have not lost three in a row, and they are now seven games under five hundred at fifty and fifty seven. They are second to last in the Al Central and the Tigers have now dropped four games back for a wildcard spot in the American League. And there are a lot of teams between them and the Red Sox for that second wildcard spot. So reality, I think is kicked in for the Detroit Tigers on this Monday night, seven days before the Major League Baseball trade deadline. As far as what they are, are they sellers or they buyers and making a playoff push. With the loss tonight, where they stand in the division and where they currently sit in the wild card race, you have got to believe the Detroit Tigers are going to be sellers at the trade deadline. So will Trerek's Schoobel now be on the block, and if so, do the Dodgers enter that conversation with the Tigers eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. They're not a lot of teams that have the trade equity like the Dodgers have, And there are not a lot of teams that are willing to go out there and give up set equity for a player like Trek Scooble to get them. It's going to cost and there aren't a lot of teams willing to do that, nor can they do that. But the Dodgers are one of those teams. So are the Milwaukee Brewers. Are they going to push their chips in all to the middle of the table as far as the twenty twenty six season is concerned, I think they might. I think it is the Milwaukee Brewers that are the team. The Dodgers need to keep an eye on it. And that's not a secret. That's kind of been what we've been looking at the last few weeks as things start to shake out. Now, twenty one of the thirty teams are within playoff reach here as we are a week away from the deadline, meaning they're either leading their division or they're within four games of a wild card spot, a real shot if you will, at making the postseason. Everybody else I look at as Nope, not happening, Sorry, Charlie. Twenty one of the thirty teams have a shot for October Baseball. How many teams are realistically gonna go for Tech School Not a lot. That means there's going to be markets available for other pitchers, other position players, right handed bats, role players, catchers. There's gonna be I think, a flurry of trades, but at the lesser level, not the big sexy names that are out there. And quite frankly, there aren't a lot of big names that are gonna be available at the trade deadline that teams can go out and acquire to change their roster and to make a difference. And here's something I thought was absolutely eye opening. ESPN, along with Yahoo and CBS and all these different websites, you know, their baseball pundits are trying to pick and project where these guys are gonna end up in trades. ESPN has a article posted that says, trade deadline, what NL contenders need to beat the Dodge That's the headline. That's the story, folks, What NL contenders need to beat the Dodgers. And in reality, we're not talking about fourteen other teams in the National League. It's the Braves, the Brewers, the Cubs, and the Phillies as the four teams that have a shot that could contend with the Dodgers, And in reality, the Dodgers, in my opinion, and the Brewers are at a level above everybody else. And our buddy John Hayman at the MLB Network, who was on with Petro some money earlier today, tweeted that out a couple of days ago, and he said, it's twenty eight other teams trying to figure it out because the Dodgers and Brewers are just that much better than everybody. But outside of a trek schoolbl what O their pitchers are out there at the deadline? What other bullpen help is out there at the deadline? What other hitting depth is out there at the deadline? Mason Miller of the padres CJ. Abrams shortstop for the Nationals. The Francisco Lindor of the Mets. The Mets could be a wide open market if you will, as far as come on in, do you see something you like, make it offer. Luis Robert Jr. Could be available. Freddie Peralta certainly he's going to be available for the New York Mets. Ryan Jeffers the catcher for the Twins. There are teams looking for a catcher right now. Zach netto the Angels. The Boston Red Sox are looking at him. Kevin Gosman, who was really good last year for the Toronto Blue Jays, has been really bad for the Toronto Blue Jays this year. Not that he can't go and turn things around like Eric Lauer did with the Dodgers, but Kevin Gosman starting pitcher, could be available at the deadline. Jose Sorriano of the Angels could be available at the trade deadline. There are teams that are selling. There are more buyers than sellers, but there are teams that are selling. That means they're open for business and they've got players available that are out there for other teams to start shopping for it. But in my mind, there's one guy the Dodgers would pick up in a trade. There's one guy that I think if they're going to make a deal, they need to make the deal for it, and that's Tterrek Schooble. Now, if he's not available, that's one thing. If he's available and the asking price is way too much for everybody around baseball and he goes untraded at the deadline, so be it. But in my opinion, if the Milwaukee Brewers, And I know people disagree. David Vasse disagrees, but I truly believe the other team that is right there with you in the National League is the Milwaukee Brewers, And if you have a shot to come in and grab him at the deadline to prevail Trek Scooble from going to Milwaukee and pairing up with Jacob Mizerowski and Kyle Harrison. Still don't really know what I mean. He's gonna make a rehab assignment and he's expected to come back in the next week or two, it seems like in Milwaukee, but that's still kind of murky there. We don't know for sure what his status is, so they're looking for another starting pitcher. If you're gonna put Trek Scooble and Jacob Mezierowski together, folks, at is a one to two combination that's gonna be tough for any team in baseball to face. I don't care if it is the Los Angeles Dodgers first. For that reason alone, I'm trying to prevent him to go to Milwaukee. Now. Is that a smart move? Yes, it absolutely is for many reasons. One, you're keeping him for Milwaukee, and two you're bettering your team which is already stacked. And for the argument that is, well, you know, we're not gonna be able to sign him to a five hundred million dollar contract in the off season. Scott Bors is gonna want a ton of money. We can't pay everybody this kind of money. What are we gonna do when the season's over. You know what, when the season's over, let the chips fall. Because there's a lingering labor stoppage coming up next year which nobody wants to talk about. I get it. Nobody wants to talk about. The S word has been thrown around by the owners. Salary cap players don't want that. So with all that lingering in the future and kind of down the road right now, right here, the present twenty twenty six season had a chance to three peat. Keep those you know, those binoculars looking closer as far as October and don't look past Trek Skogle makes this Dodger's team an absolute, absolute team to win a third championship in a row. You put them in Milwaukee and you got yourself a tough series, most likely an NLCS showdown on seven game series between the Dodgers and Brewers. And if you can prevent him from going there and keep him out of the hands of that team, then absolutely, And if you can sign him in the offseason, I'm not even worried about that. I'm out looking that far down the road. There could be a salary cap, there could be limitations. Who knows what's gonna happen next year and beyond. Live right now, Live to win a championship right now. If you're the Dodgers, live in the present. Those prospects all could turn out to be all stars. Maybe you don't know. You absolutely don't know what's gonna happen to him. They're all really good prospects. And the Dodgers, along with the Brewers, have one of the best farm systems in the minor leagues. We've talked about it with the off night Dodger Farm Report, gave it to you last Thursday. They are loaded at outfield. Here's John Hayman earlier today on Petro Some Money. John was asked by Matt money Smith about the Dodgers and Eric Schoolble and the idea, do you maybe make a trade even if just because you want to prevent him from going to Milwauk. You listen to what John Hayman had to.
Speaker 5: Say, I mean, I think everything is you know, considered. I think that's probably not the top consideration, but I think everything is considered. I if I'm the Dodgers, I make a trade for a prospect for school Bull and get it myself, and I want to lock down that third World championship. You know, I'm sure they got, you know, among the nine, I'm sure probably you know, they probably most of them come up and do well as most of the Dodger prospects.
Speaker 3: Seem to do. But you know, the championship would be nice. So I would just do it for that reason. As far as the Tigers go, they're not going to be able to resign him, so I think there's still a decent chance. And when I say decent, I mean close to fifty to fifty chance that they actually trade him, whether they think the race or not. Obviously, the manager doesn't want that, the players don't want that, but they know the front office knows they're not going to be able to resign him, so they should be able to get a top one hundred prospect and probably two or three other prospects for him and set themselves up. They also know that they were a seller in twenty twenty four, sending Flaherty to the Dodgers and other guys all around the league, and they ended up in the playoffs anyway, So you know, it's only one guy. It's only one guy who can help the Dodgers win a World Series. It's not going to help the Tigers win a World Series. I don't see how what are they fifty and fifty six? I mean, you know, we've seen the Braves be under five hundred in I don't know, with two months to go, you know, maybe a half decade ago, and they ended up winning the World Series. That's pretty rare. I mean, if you're fifty and fifty six, you're probably not winning the World Series.
Speaker 2: They're fifty and fifty seven as they have now since lost since John Hayman was on this radio station a couple of hours ago. So yeah, John Hayman agrees, go out make the trade if he's on the market in Terrek Schouoble. Outside of Terry's Schooble, I'm not buyers. I'm not out there going and trying to get anybody else on this roster for the Dodgers. Because of the players you have returning because of the guys coming off the injured list beginning tomorrow, with Keith k Hernandez within followed by Edwin Diaz, Dodger closer who haven't seen since April. We haven't heard those beautiful trumpets being played from the Dodger bullpen since April. And they're still the best team in baseball. But that's besides the point. Now you're adding him to the ninth inning or a close situation in a game, to go with Tanner Scott, to go with Alex Vesia, to go with these guys down to the Dodgers bullpit. Now. I know they had a rough outing yesterday in New York, and more on that coming up in just a little bit. But here is Freddie Freeman yesterday postgame at City Field. He was asked by Dylan Hernandez at the California Post about the upcoming trade deadline. What about all these guys coming back from injury?
Speaker 6: Nice trade deadline?
Speaker 1: Huh No, it's exciting.
Speaker 6: I know those guys are itching to get back, you know, Key k Evan talking to him, Blake's hitching, Edwin's.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: That's some really quality reinforcements coming for us and you know, we're looking forward to get home and getting them back on the team and getting going.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what he said there at the beginning nice trade deadline? Yeah? Absolutely, In place of trades, you're just getting guys who haven't been with you for a while off the injure list. So it's like you're getting them in a trade. It's like a new fresh face walking into that clubhouse for the first time. It is like the reinforcements coming to help out the guys on the front lines. Because that's exactly what it is with the return of Key k Hernandez. That's exactly what it is when you get an Edwin Diaz now at the back end of that bullpen with the Dodgers, it's like exactly what it is when you get a Blake Snell back possibly and ten days to two weeks. Blake Snell is going to make a third minor league start on Wednesday, and Dave Roberts said, is that want They want him to go four innings and build up to about sixty pitches after that, he's good to go. So you look at the following week when the Dodgers make their next road trip, possibly Blake Snell coming back to this Dodgers' rotation. Folks, those are better than trade deadline acquisitions, Are you kidding me? A two time Sy Young Award winner, one of the best closers in baseball and one of the best clutch utility players, Swiss army knives in baseball. All coming back in the next two weeks for this Dodgers team, which already has a double digit lead, which already has the best record in baseball, and which already is the back to back defending World Series champions looking for a three peat. Yes, yes, there's no need to go out and make trades and give up the farm for any other player out there. You tell me right now, Dodger fans at eight six six ninety seven two five seventy, outside of Terry Schooble a better player, they can go out and get in a trade that at Blake Snell at the starting pitching, That at Edwin Diaz as a bullpen arm encloser, that a Key k Hernandez as a right handed bat, Swiss army knife who can play multiple positions. For you all, wait and listen. Eight and sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Those are three guys right there that are better than anybody else out there on other teams at the trade deadline, So there's no need to go out and make a move.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: On the flip side of this, Katie Wu brought it up from the Athletic and it's an interesting point. What about guys like Eric Lauer and Alex call Because you're getting back Key k Hernandez, and because you're getting back Blake Snell and down the road Tyler Glasnaw who just threw the hitters on Friday twenty five pitches and is looking to expand that in a sim game and then go out on a minor league rehab assignment. So with that in your back in your mind, Tyler glassnew knock on Wood stays healthy and the back doesn't have spasms anymore. Is a few weeks down the road past Blake Snell. That's another arm to this rotation. You've got too many starting pitching And I hate to say that because you really never have enough starting pitching in baseball because injuries happen, unfortunately, but you're gonna have too many arms here as far as starting pitching is concerned, and you have a redundant role in Alex Call and Keiky Hernandez, they're basically the same player. Utility guys can start, can play multiple positions, and bat right handed.
Speaker 1: They're the same guy.
Speaker 2: So Alex Call is expendable. You're not just gonna send him down to Triple A. Off the top of my head, I don't even know if he's got anything left as far as possibly is it going back to Triple A anymore option? Well, that being said, then you look at the market in baseball right now at the trade deadline, is it crazy to think that Dodgers might actually be sellers and not just Eric Lauer but Alex Call. When you think about what are some of the big pickups teams are looking for. Pitching and depth and death can come at any position, catcher, alfield, infield, well, Alex Call can play multiple positions for you. So he checks a couple of boxes. It's got playoff experience, He's a veteran, been in this league now a few years. That is somebody that teams could be interested in adding to their depth come Octil. Unfortunately, the way the Dodger roster is when everybody's healthy, just not enough.
Speaker 1: Room for a.
Speaker 2: Alex Freelan and an Alex Call, Freeland's got to go back to Triple A Oklahoma City. But Alex Call, he becomes now a trade ship. Eric, with six starting pitchers, you've now got a trade ship and you've built them up and you've turned a season around that's been great. But you can go out and you can get something for him. Now, what are the Dodgers going to get in return for an Alex Call or an Eric Lawer if they were to go out and shop them at the trade deadline? Because those are commodities. Now, all of a sudden, the Dodgers are a team that teams are calling and saying, oh, hey, you know Eric Lauer. Okay, we need a veteran left handed pitcher. We love what you did with the guy. You've turned his season around. He was not having a good twenty twenty six in Toronto. Dodgers has flipped his season around. He's been great. Ah, we might take a flyer on him. What are you guys interested in Alex Call? Absolutely, we can use the right handed bat off the bench, a guy who can play multiple positions and start for us. Say yeah, yeah, well, well we're interested in Alex Call. What's it gonna take what's it gonna take minor league prospects the Dodgers can go out and bolst of their minor league system. Well, they're already loaded at outfield. There's no question. Six outfielder's in the top one hundred on MLB's Top one hundred list. You don't need any more outfielders. How about another catcher? How about some more starting pitching. Look at the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. I'm just gonna give you a couple of them. Jackson Ferris, acquired in the Michael Bush deal from the Cubs a couple of years ago. Okay, they got him, added depth to their minor leagues. He's a really top, really good prospect, top twenty prospect. James Tims, third guest on this show on Off Night Dodger Talk. James Tims the third was acquired for Dustin May at the deadline last year. Okay, all right, you see where I'm going. River Ryan River. Ryan wasn't drafted by the Dodgers. He was drafted by the Padres. Dodgers got him into trade. Okay. Seems like this Dodgers front office and player player development knows what they're doing. Drafting and acquired minor league players at the minor league level and the major league level. All right, Mike Sorooda, here's one for you. Mike Sereda. Folks wasn't drafted by the Dodgers and developed. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds and then traded for Gavin Lux, so he came over via trade. I just rattled off what three of the Dodgers' top twelve prospects were acquired via trade and were acquired to bring in his depth in the minor leagues. So you can use him then to flip in trades at the major league level, or you develop and bring them up to the major leagues yourselves. So there's different ways of making trades. The Dodgers could be sellers and buyers at the trade deadline. They could be sellers in adding depth in the minor leagues, and they can be buyers in that they can go out and get Trek Scouble Again. One player on my whiteboard, if I'm Dodger front office Andrew Freeman and Brandon Gomes in that front office crew, there's one name up there, and there's one name only that I'm interested in, and that's Terror Schooble. Now on the other side of that white white board is Eric Lawer Alex Call, and I'm taking phone calls on those two guys. That's just my opinion. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight eight nine eight seven two five seventy. We'll take a time out, We'll come back. I gotta line open. We're a week away from the Major League Baseball trade deadline here on Dodger Talk. What should the Dodgers do? Buyers Sellers and his terror Schooble that name Tiger's lost again tonight, folks. They're pretty much out of it. There's seven games under five hundred. You gotta believe they're gonna sell off Terry schoobl to the highest bidder. Will it be the Dodgers? Will it be the Brewers? Do you need to prevent Milwaukee from getting them? Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy It's off night Dodger Talk. It's good to have a double digital lead in the division. It's good to be the best team in baseball. Let's talk about a week come back here on an FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app off night, Dodger talk continues here on this Monday night. They s for being with us. Tim Kates with you here until the the hour as the Dodgers enjoying a little rests and relaxation on this Monday after a nine game, ten day road trip that ended yesterday in New York. They're back at it tomorrow for the first to three against the Seattle Mariners as they start a sixth game a home stand. The Dodgers first place atop the ANL West and certainly feeling comfortable where they're at right now in the standings and head of the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Dodgers right now currently twelve and a half games up on the Snakes, fourteen games up on the San Diego Padres. So I'm kind of keeping an eye on in the background. Yeah, they've won three in a row. Still playing five hundred baseball right now. In fact, they're five hundred on the season at fifty three and fifty three. But we'll find out what they're gonna do. We talk about what the Tigers may or may not do with Trek Skouobel. Now that they are seven games under five hundred. They are not even in contention in the division, and they got a lot of teams between them and the Red Sox for the second wildcard spot in the American League, So their postseason hopes are looking bleak at this point. And again, we're one week away from the major league trade deadline in baseball, So what teams are gonna do or not do. It's gonna start coming into clear pitcher here in the next couple of days. And you look at the Padres. They're only a game and a half back in the wildcard race in the National League. But it's the Padres, the Marlins, the Nationals, the Cardinals, the Diamondbacks and Pirates all right there with the Phillies and Cubs. So it is a logjam of teams fighting for the two wildcard spots in their division is and certainly in the NL West with the Dodgers just absolutely boat racing teams. The only way that Diamondbacks and the Padres will get in to the October playoff run is as a wildcard team, and both those teams now certainly right there in contention. And what are the Padres gonna do with Mason Miller. That's gonna be interesting to see. There have been a lot of talk last week that if the Padres continue where they're at and not in contention, they could go out and get a nice lit hole for Mason Miller if they made a trade to a team looking for a closer at the back end of the bullpen. Now, I don't know if they do that. Now the Padres of all of a sudden come back to life and showing that they're back in this wildcard race. So this is so interesting about this year is how many teams are still alive, how many teams realistically are in the playoff pitcher. I mean outside the division winners. In the American League, you got the Yankees, Red Sox, Guardians, Twins, Mariners, Orioles, Astros, and Tigers technically all within four and a half games of a wild card spot. That's a lot of room though between the Tigers and the two top teams in the wildcard spot. Again, they're just not gonna get there. As far as the National League wildcard race, you got the Cubs and Phillies holding onto the two spots, but the Pirates, Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Nationals, Padres, and Marlins all two games within a wild card spot. That's a lot of teams crunched together there and not a lot of separation. All those teams we just mentioned, and the nationally and the American League are all looking for help, all looking for guys to walk into those clubhouses next Monday night or Tuesday after the trade deadline and help out their playoff push. And Eric Lower and Alex call they could fit right in if the Dodgers are looking to be sellers on the flip side. Out of all these teams we just mentioned, the Cubs of Phillies, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Nationals, Padres, even the Marlins, none of those teams look like I mean maybe the Diamondbacks. You can make a case Arizona it's got the depth to do it, to go out and make a playoff push with a Terrek Scooble. I mentioned the Arizona Diamondbacks about him six weeks ago as one of the teams I thought could be in the Terry Schooble consideration because they're not going to win the division. But as a wildcard team, we've seen funnier things happen. Twenty twenty three, they went to the World Series based the Texas Rangers. It is possible, It is possible that they go as a wild card team and make a run like they did a couple of years ago, and if you added Terry Schooble. Who knows, a lot of these teams just don't have the minor league equity to go out and pull off a trade. But the team like the Dodgers can eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. All right, let's go out to the phones. Let's go to Eric and first time caller in Los Angeles. Eric, Welcome to Dodger Talk with Tim Katester on this Monday night.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Hey, Tim, thanks for taking my call. Sure, and don't due respect.
Speaker 8: I think you got it wrong.
Speaker 9: Okay, there's a there's the something I haven't heard anybody talk about. You know, you've got Will Smith with a major neck injury. Now she is coming back, not to play.
Speaker 7: Right field or the infield. He's coming back that played catcher. He's gonna have to be able to take one hundred mile an hour of fastballs off the face mask. That's probably how he got injured in the first place.
Speaker 1: I don't know that he can.
Speaker 2: Do that, So you think the Dodgers need catching him?
Speaker 7: Will Smith is coming back as catcher, so you may have to take a new position.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know where where does he fit? Where does he fit into the puzzle this year? Moving positions And that's just not going to happen. Eric, You're not gonna move a guy.
Speaker 7: I know that he's going to come back as catcher. So if I'm gonna move my guys to make a hole, it's catcher, it's not pitcher. We are really in need of another catcher. And all those Eric Lawers and guys like that that you want to move to get somebody, get a catcher first, and then worry about the pitching.
Speaker 3: We got pitching, all right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, Eric, I'm push back a little bit. Catching is a position that the Dodgers, in my mind, don't need to go out and get. I just don't believe so. Ryan Jeffers from the Minnesota Twins is considered the top available catching option on the trade market. The Yankees are desperately looking for catching help. And that's just the the first team, off the top of my head, that's looking for catching help. You could take Shaye Langleers out of the equation. He just tores meniscus in his right knee, likely ending his season by the way, so he is gone. He had been considered one A, one B with Ryan Jeffers as far as top catching availabilities at the trade deadline. Top catchers. Ryan Jeffers is the guy. Hunter Goodman. He's not going anywhere. Colorado would be stupid if they traded their thirty plus home run hitting catcher and have him under control for the next like forty years. That would be anyotic of the Colorado Rockies to trade Hunter Goodman. They would have to get so much back in return. It'd be more than what you get for Terrek Skouble, just because of how much control you have over him. So that's not gonna happen. Adleie Rushman of the Baltimore Orioles, Tyler Stevenson of the Cincinnati Reds, I mean a rental guy getting a little interest out there. I mean Tyler Stevenson's a name. Yeah. Maybe, but you could live with Dalton Rushing catching going into October. I could live with that. I can honestly live with that. I don't have a problem. And to have Will Smith come back and to say he's gonna change positions, come on, he's not. He's a catcher. I mean three years. You want to have the conversation about him moving to first base, we could have that conversation. We're not having it on July. What is today, July twenty seventh. That's just not happening, John and Resita, Welcome to Dodger Talk on this off night as a Dodger's back at it tomorrow against the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 8: How you doing, John, Hey, Tam, thank you very much for taking my call. Sure, I totally agree with you. Let's go out and get scoobled, because if you take a look at a Dodger pitching staff, it's not as strong as it looks. You got glass Now and Snell which are coming back up injury, which are injury prone in the first place, and glass Now will never last a full year anyway. Snell has a performed that well. Even when he came back a couple of months ago, he didn't do that well. After he was on his babblehead night he came back and it wasn't any good. And then you guys show Hey, which is still undetermined about his knee and can he put pressure on that. That's three pitchers that are fifty to fifty or less. I think we should go out and get Scooble because that is the uh, that's what we should do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, John, and I'm glad you brought up show hey Otani, because that is to me a serious question mark, because we just don't know. We don't know how bad the knee is with him pitching moving forward. It's bad enough where they've shut him down pitching and he's just throwing bullpens, at least one of them last week on the road trip. But outside of him DH and every day. Will he be there in September and October to start games for the Dodgers. Dave Roberts seemed pretty optimistic about it, certainly, but it's a legitimate question. And then Blake Snell love him. That's fast as guy Snell zilla two times, as he says, Sion Award winner. Certainly, but he's made one start and then had the elbow surgery. You're assuming, you know, in this fair to assume he's coming back healthy and is about as close to one hundred percent as possible body wise, he hasn't thrown a lot because of the elbow, and elbow wise, we assume he's back to normal because he had the procedure done to take out the chips in his elbow, and he can get full flexibility now and throwing pitches, as he alluded to on a pregame conversation with David Vassa a couple weeks ago. So we're assuming when he comes back, he's gonna be back at that Blake Snell elite level. Again, we're assuming that Tyler Glass now fingers crossed that the spasms don't act up. But Blake Snell, yes, I'm assuming he is healthy. Tyler Glass. Now, I don't know the track record show he could come back and be really good and reliable, or he may not be there like he was a couple of years ago in October for the Dodgers in twenty four. We don't know which Tyler Glass now we're gonna get. It's fair to say that it is because of his injury history. And you got Justin Robleski, who, folks, I love Justin Robleski. I love everything about him, his makeup, his grind, his backstory, his fight to the major leagues. This isn't a bonus baby. This is a guy who got hurt, went to three different colleges. JC in there in the mix at Oklahoma State, got hurt, threw out his arm. Comes to the Dodgers. They believe in him. Didn't get drafted where he wanted to because of the injury, worked his way up to system. Still only twenty six, fought his way into the rotation this year because of injuries and spring training to Blake Snell, and has taken every opportunity and ran with it to become an All Star, eleven game winner and an erra that's top ten in the National League right now. I love everything about Justin Robleski. At the same time, the question has been brought up even to Justin Robleski and Dave Roberts after his last starting in Philadelphia on Tuesday, where he pitched into the seventh inning. He's sitting right now at over one hundred innings. He's made sixteen starts. The numbers don't lie. There's a lot of innings in twenty six for Justin Robleski. With that being said, you don't want to overwork them. You need them, but you also want him for the stretch run in October, don't you. So how do you balance that fine line with the Justin Robleski whose numbers are getting up there as far as innings pitched with us all being said, the uncertainty of show Hayes knee which Tyler Glass, now are you gonna get? We assume Blake Snell is coming back at Blake Snell level, and Justin Robleski love him, but keep it on on his innings and his workload. This is where Trek'scooble makes all the sense in the world. I mean, the more and more I talk about it, the more and more I'm sold on it. And not just for the reason of blocking him from going to the Milwaukee Brewers. Yes, that is a great weapon to have to prevent him from going to the Brewers. With all the trade equity you have in the minor league systems and what you could offer to the Milwaukee Brewers, and if you're excuse me, to the Detroit Tigers. If you're the Tigers and you're sitting there looking at the Brewers and Dodgers, the asking price is going up. It's going up. It's going up, and certainly they're going to get the most out of a potential Tarik Schooble trade and good for them on that. That's the bargaining right they have for having the biggest chip right now at the trade deadline again for the Dodgers. Keep him out of Milwaukee's rotation for October. And in reality, when you look inward on this Dodgers rotation right now and moving forward, yeah, there is in need maybe for a potential starting pitcher of that caliber to help anchor this rotation. Are they in trouble?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Is there a serious question about the depth? Not really, They'll be okay. Remember it's a six man rotation they're currently working with. It's not a five man rotation. It's a six man rotation that Dave Roberts is working with. That's the luxury that they have. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seven. We'll take a time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. So we're here till the top of the hour. We're a week away from the trade deadline, and the Tigers are falling further and further out of playoff contention. Trek Scooble is more and more of a reality as far as being traded by next Monday, Will it be the Dodgers eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy your phone calls when we come back. It's Off Night Dodger Talk right here on se Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off Night Dodger Talk continues. Tim Kates with you here till the top of the hour. Thanks for being with us wherever you may be on this Monday night. Dodgers back at it tomorrow as they start a three game series against the Seattle Mariners on World World Series Replica ke Ring Night. So congratulations to all you who are getting a World Series rain Tomorrow night out at Dodgers Stadium for the giveaway six game homestand Seattle and Boston in town through the weekend. First pitch at seven to ten Tomorrow night. We'll have Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck beginning at six pm. We are now less than seven days away from the trade deadline as it comes next Monday afternoon. We mentioned it earlier. The Detroit Tigers lost again today. They're now seven games under five hundred. They are really not in contention in the American League Central and certainly have a lot of teams between them and the wild card race in the American League for those two top spots. So looking more and more like they could be sellers at the trade deadline. Trek Scooble the only name I'm interested in right now if I'm the Dodgers to help bolster this starting rotation which we went over at last segment from show Heyo Tani's knee to the back spasms to Tyler Glass. Now he's going to come back here in a few weeks, Blake Snells right right there on the horizon, coming back with one more start in the minor leagues before he gets ramped up and is ready to go to rejoin the Dodgers. And you're getting back your closer, Edwin Diaz on Wednesday and tomorrow welcome back keyk a Hernandez, who'll be back in the Dodgers roster. And we'll see what corresponding moves happened tomorrow. Most likely Alex Frielan getting sent to Triple A Oklahoma City, but we will see tomorrow afternoon. Aaron in Lakantha love it down in Lakenta. Aaron, how hot it was it out there today?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: One hundred and eleven hundred ten?
Speaker 10: Aaron, go ahead, Yeah, So you're spot on with the Dodgers starting pitching. Do you want to talk a little bit about what we've got in the minor league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 10: So that's my question to you. I'm curious what kind of options that we had here on the farm to bring guys up.
Speaker 2: His season, Well, appreciate it, Aaron. There's options in Double A, but guys who I don't think are major league ready. You look at the Dodgers' top ten prospects and we'll just start right there, from hose Way to Paula, Mike Serota, Zaier Hope, Christian Zazoweta, who is a right handed pitcher. All those names I just mentioned are in Double A. Tulsa River. Ryan is the closest to being major league ready. For him, it would be again coming back to the major leagues. So there there again is another arm that didn't you know, didn't get brought up that could help out this Dodgers team as far as starting games in the second half of this season. James TIB's the third just knocking on the door in Triple A Oklahoma City. You have to wonder with Tibbs because he's primarily an outfielder and can play a little bit of first base. Again, logjam in the outfield, but for Tibbs, do you not bring him up to the major leagues because you can use him in a trade, you don't want to bring him up to the major leagues. And I don't know if exposed is the right word, but let teams see what he can or can't do initially at the big league level. I mean, you bring a guy up, and you get him up, then all of a sudden, its eyes wide open and things are overwhelmed, and he gets exposed. That could devalue him as far as a trade. If he comes up and all of a sudden he tears it apart. You're starting to wonder at my trading this guy, and his trade value also goes up. But at the same time, if you keep him in triple A, you kind of know where he's at right now, power hitting outfielder. It's putting up twenty plus home runs. You know where you're getting at the trip and a team might want to go out and you know, acquire this twenty two year old twenty three year old now outfielder and James Tibbs. So there's possibly the thinking there, But most of the talent for the Dodgers is in double A, so I think it's a bigger jump at this point, and they're a Dodger team that doesn't need that help. And it's not a Dodgers team that's looking to rebuild. It's not a Dodger team that you're thinking, Okay, we're gonna throw away twenty six. Let's bring up these young pups and let's let's show them off and show our fan base what the future holds. You're just not an organization, nor are you a major league team that is doing that right now? All right, Aaron, I appreciate it, Arthur and Marina del Rey is next up here on Off Night Dodge. How I doing?
Speaker 1: Arthur?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Turn your radio down or your Higheart radio off. Turn it down to the background, Arthur, watch on your mind tonight.
Speaker 8: I wanted to talk about tim is a pictures about the deeds.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're all you're on the air, Go ahead, what do you want to say? Yep, it is me, Arthur. Howre you doing?
Speaker 10: You know here there? Earlier said catching? I think that's a really that's a weak position. Everything that's the rest, it's it's the uh catch.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm having a hard time here in your Arthur. I'm gonna put your back on hold. Actually we lost you there. Your phone was kind of cutting in it out there. Uh, but you brought up the catching spot that one of our previous callers brought up. I just don't think when you look at how many teams are out there trying to better their rosters, if you're going to make a move for the Dodgers. To me, it's Terry scouble. I'm not out there thinking catching that's where I need. Unless they know something about Will Smith that we don't know that he's not coming back in twenty six And I have no clue. I have no idea. I'm just saying maybe that's the case. But I'm okay with Dalton Rushing. With that being said, if Dalton Rush is might everyday catch in October, I'll followed that. Isabelle Isabelle and Anaheim. Our final call the night on Off Night Dodger Talk is he How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Hey, I do agree.
Speaker 7: With David, But then I always agree with David. Gave me Catching.
Speaker 2: Day, and it's now always you know, it's now always gave me TV day.
Speaker 1: They did pay you on the scoop board.
Speaker 7: They will win the championship.
Speaker 2: You guys, no but it puts them in a better situation. It puts them even a better situation than they're at right now. That's what I look at it is. You're already the you know, front runners, You're already the number one team everybody's trying to knock off. ESPN's got a whole article about how do you get better as teams trying to contend with against the Dodgers in twenty twenty six. You are the team people are chasing and for the Dodgers, Terry Schooble is a guy. Outside of that, I'm not making a trade, all right. Thanks to Michelle, Thanks to you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Thanks for podcasting as well. Well, that's gonna do it for off night Dodger Talk. We're back at it tomorrow. Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Decades. Our cover started at six. First pitch is seven to ten Dodgers and the Mariner solo. Everybody