Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 3: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome in Tobo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this beautiful Saturday afternoon turning into early evening here in Los Angeles as your Dodgers, the back to back World Series champions sit at twenty seven and eighteen on this season, first place atop the NL West, going into action tonight and tonight Game two of this freeway series from the Big A and Anaheim. Justin Robleski on the mound for the blue first pitch coming up at six thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Betrade, Then and now we got a.
Speaker 4: Lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, including hearing from the manager Dave Roberts. Get the very latest, including an update on Blake Snell and his elbow. We'll preview this pitching matchup coming up in about fifteen minutes, David Vasse. We'll check in throughout the hour. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will visit with us in just a little bit. We got to check in, of course with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday out at the gallpin.
Speaker 5: Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Last night at the Big A.
Speaker 4: It was a late scratch for Blake Snell, who was scheduled to get the start in his place. A bullpen game will climb. The big Redhead got the start. He'd go two innings, allow no runs on one hit while striking out too. And then it was seven relievers coming through the gate the rest of the way, each getting an inning, and Gardo Enriquez got the third, a one two three inning. Blake Triting got the fourth, he too, one two three inning. Wyatt Mills came out of the bullpen to pitch the fifth. He put up a zero. Kyle Hurt pitched the sixth. He put up a zero. You're starting to see a trend here. Alex Vessia came in to pitch the seventh Paris strikeouts, then to punch out the end the inning, he put up a zero. Jack Dryer got the eighth inning, he too had a couple of strikeouts. He put up a zero in the eighth and then Charlie Barnes who was called up and took the spot of Blake Snell on the roster. He pitched a scoreless ninth inning as well, so the Angels did not score a run. Eight relievers combined for a two hit shutout. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense went to work in the fourth inning. After Jack Ohanovitch, it was Andy pat has a three run home run to give the Dodgers a lead, and then the very next batter, Max Munsey.
Speaker 6: Nobody out an two count on Max Munster, Klano Witz pitch swine on Hammer deep to right this Pol's back this Pols gone that twelve swinging the song for Hammer and Anaheim.
Speaker 7: It's for nothing. Back to back home runs for the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers, and Dodgers went back to back on Wednesday Night, in the third inning, the Santiago Espinol and Mookie Betz Well tonight is Pajez and Monsey.
Speaker 4: Max Munsey with his twelfth of the year, a solo shot. Dodgers put up a four spot in the fourth inning to take a four to nothing lead, and then in the sixth ta Oscar Hernandez has not gone deep since April fifteenth.
Speaker 5: Well, last night he ended in.
Speaker 6: One of those great defensive plays made by the Angels, made by Pranza on ti Oscar. Last time up, he slings hits a drive Pat Bright center. It is heading back toward the wall.
Speaker 2: It is over the wall.
Speaker 6: That's a home run, ti Oscar Hernandez with a two line shot.
Speaker 7: He hit it off the.
Speaker 1: Scoreboard, over the yellow line.
Speaker 6: Which signifies home run, and the Dodgers tack on two more.
Speaker 1: It is six to.
Speaker 4: Nothing, two run home run for tay Oscar Hernandez, his first in twenty three games, and he got the sunflower seed bath when he made his way back to the Dodgers. Dug out his fifth of the season as the Dodgers win it six to nothing. Plenty of offense and then again eight relievers combining for the shutout only two hits allowed.
Speaker 5: They struck out eleven.
Speaker 4: It was a Friday night lights out for the Angels as the Dodgers win it six to nothing. As they improved a twenty seven to eighteen on this season. Don't look now, but the Dodgers have won three in a row, fifth shutout of the season, second most in the Big Leagues this year. And tonight they looked at more make it four straight overall, two straight over the Angels. As they go out it tonight at the Big A and Anaheim. Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitches six thirty eight and with more, let's head out to the galloping Ford broadcas As booth as we say hellou to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks ten another perfect night for baseball here in Anaheim at Angels Stadium, Game two of the Freeway Series, Dodgers snapped the seven game losing skid to the Angels for a six to nothing shutout win last night. It was a bullpen game and certainly a great job by the bullpen last night. They were a major part of the story. Also the home runs last night Piz Munsey and Taoscar Hernandez. But tonight's new night and they've got a new challenge. Is Jose Siriano, one of the top pitchers in the American League at six and two in a one six six ERA will a post Justin Robuski, the left hander for the Dodgers, coming off a loss to the Braves, his only loss of the season. He's five and one two forty two is ERA and he has been a very pleasant surprise for the Dodgers this year. Dodgers a half game up on the Padres at twenty seven and eighteen, the Angels sixteen and twenty nine, seven and a half back in the American League West, and the worst record in Major League Baseball. And oh, one thing that the Dodgers got last night was a double from sho hey Otani, his two hundredth career double, by the way, and Dave Roberts, singing his praise, is saying he seems to be a lot more comfortable, not like he's pressing anymore. Both in the clubhouse and on the field. He seems like, he says the old show, Hey, Hotny's on his way back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're still seeing some swings. He'd like to dial back and do with them. Over a couple of strikeouts last night, both of them was swinging. But speaking of swinging, the Dodgers much better swings last night really topped about him yes, the three home runs. Tiasca Hernandez had a couple of base hits, including a two run home run, but he also was robbed of a base hit. He's swinging the bat much much better than that. Andy Pajas looks like he might be getting hot again. A three run home run back to back because Munsey followed up with one of his own. But when you look at the pitching, you're alluding to the bullpen, eight different relievers. The Angels did not have a runner reach as far as third base last night. They had only two hits in the ballgame. Is basically a team effort that Dodgers walked away with a whitewashing six to nothing.
Speaker 6: Piece of news on left handed starter Blake Snell scheduled surgery for Tuesday on his elbow to remove the loose bodies. Dave Roberts asked about you know some details about the surgery. He said he doesn't know all the details yet. However, he said, the conversation is that the kind of surgery he may have may not keep him out as long as they originally.
Speaker 9: Fear well, and the good news is, I mean, it's difficult to draw comparisons.
Speaker 1: Derek Scoobel.
Speaker 9: We're understanding underwent somewhat the same type of an injury slash surgery. He's a week removed. He's at least tossing the ball, not really throwing the ball. But it may not be a very long period of time. But quite frankly, they will not know until they get in there on Tuesday, get inside the elbow and do some work.
Speaker 6: Alex carl is in the starting lineup tonight in right field. Kyle Tucker a scheduled day off, and the Dodgers have brought up Chase Hermott from Triple A. He will taxi. He's not on the active roster, but they need the reliever just in case. They're gonna see what happens tonight with the bullpen to see if they need McDermott for tomorrow or not. Meantime, justin Robloski again, I'm ready to face Jose Soriano, which should provide a bit of a challenge to the Dodgers tonight. Soriano one of the best pitchers in the American League. Dodgers and the Angels Game two coming up.
Speaker 4: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch, on this Saturday nights.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans, what are you doing for dinner?
Speaker 4: Get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor or are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos? Do it right now in Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, We'll check in with David Vassei throughout the hour. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll have deep into this pitching matchup. We got your magical moments. We're also gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get an update on the elbow from Blake Snell. But up next you're Tani Rewind and we'll hear from Will Klein. What a performers last night? One of eight different relievers putting zeros on the scoreboard part of a six to nothing Dodgers win. Back at It tonight, game two of his three game set Dodgers and the Angels from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kaeson is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for la Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 4: He's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Saturday n night. Justin Robleski Jose Soriano. The pitching match out first pitching the Big A and Anaheim coming up in six thirty eighth.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 6: Joe Hey is hold for one with the walk stuck out on the first walk to the third. Next opper swung on hit deep to left field toward the corner. That ball is gonna be bouncing off.
Speaker 1: The wary track around first.
Speaker 6: And then those second with a double to show Hey Otani his eighth two base hit of the season, welcomes into third.
Speaker 7: Now they'll throw it a second.
Speaker 1: Let's show Hey gets back.
Speaker 6: An opposite field double into the left field cornered just out of the reach of Josh Lowe.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani with his eighth double of the season. He goes one for four last night with a walk, so on base twice as the Dodgers shut out the Angels six to nothing, and they did it thanks to their bullpen. Certainly, the three home runs helped the cause offensively, but the Dodgers bullpen fantastic. Eight different relievers, seven of which win an inning. And put up zeros on the scoreboard, will climb the big redhead. Got it all started with two shutout innings to get the Dodgers going with a bullpen game, and afterwards, talk with David Vassa in the media.
Speaker 3: Well, in a situation like tonight bullpen game, what's the biggest thing that you take into preparation for.
Speaker 10: I mean, just that we're all in it together and just I know, each of us are just going out there trying to put up a zero so the next guy can come out and do the same thing and give our offense a chance to score some runs and get a lead and you know, make it easier on the rest of the guys. Just you're really just trying to go out there and put up as many zeros as we can.
Speaker 3: Could you feel like the momentum of the chain of passing the batons started with you in the first inning by putting up a zero.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think like when you do that and the guys see like the like us continue to do that, like it's it's easy to be a little worried, you know, when you don't have a starter and stuff like that, and you know it's going to go through all us, but they see that and it takes a little bit of off their shoulders, and then obviously they went they did and made it easier on us in return, So that was nice.
Speaker 11: When did you find out that you were opening?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: A little after I got here, like probably like two ish o'clock.
Speaker 1: So how did you take the news?
Speaker 3: What did what did your three game suddenly become?
Speaker 10: No, I mean we we kind of knew someone was gonna open. I thought might be you know, either myself or Jack, and so I wasn't surprised, you know, I was kind of excited.
Speaker 5: It's I'd started in.
Speaker 10: College and a little bit and pro ball, soo, uh, try to keep the same routine as relieving. Just treat it as like, you know, I'm just getting called in the first inning, Like try to play catch my normal time and do everything I would and then go out there. And so I started throwing when the first inning started to kind of stimulate what I would do, and so I think that makes it as similar as possible to what.
Speaker 1: I would normally do.
Speaker 10: So it didn't feel like that out of my routine, you know.
Speaker 4: All right, There's Will Klein with the media after the game last night. Fantastic two innings to start things off as the opener at Gardo Enriquez pitched the third and we'll get the win his third of the season.
Speaker 5: As the Dodgers beat the Angels last.
Speaker 4: Night six to nothing. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: David Bass goes one on one with Mookie Betts. But I'm next.
Speaker 4: We'll get you an injury report and we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts get you that update on Blake Snell's elbow. So Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anaheim on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 4: Law Law Marongo Causino Dodgers on Deck continues. Is we lead you up to first pitch from the Big A and Anaheim Dodgers and the Angels Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times Jesster Robleski on the mound, first pitch set for six thirty eight.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury.
Speaker 4: Report is about UCLA healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Snell on the IL with bodies in his left elbow surgery on Tuesday. More on that with Dave Roberts in a minute, Tyler glassw on the IL lower back spasms, brock Stewart on the IL bone spurn his left foot, and when Diaz on the IL he had surgery, saying one, Blake Snell's having or maybe a little different. We'll find out what Blake Snell surgery looks like here shortly, Tommy Edmond on the sixty dail as is Key k Hernandez Alright, let's find out more if we head back and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else for Dave?
Speaker 7: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 3: Dave after last night bullpen game, how do you navigate tonight's game?
Speaker 7: With Justin Robleski?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think with Justin it's uh we feel good about him, uh taking down a lot of outs. You know, he has to pitches the weapons. He's going to be on the attack, So that's where it's going to start. There's gonna be certainly a few guys that we're gonna have down, but I still feel like we got enough arms, enough covers to get through tonight.
Speaker 3: You gave show hel Tony two days off the night that he pitched in the day after.
Speaker 7: Do you feel like you've seen a kind of.
Speaker 3: Rejuvenated show, Ay, even last night.
Speaker 12: I do. I do, And you know, you can't really predict the results, but I just think that just his energy, his uh, you know, disposition is a lot better. I thought the bat speed was good last night, so you know, hopefully it kind of reset him a little bit.
Speaker 7: I know he doubled.
Speaker 3: That was his only hit last night, but can you see it in different ways as well, Like you said the best speed.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the bat speed, and he took a walk yesterday, but also just kind of you know, around the clubhouse. I think his energy is up.
Speaker 7: How do you how do you deal with Jose Soriano.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's uh, he's gonna be a problem. You know, he he's good he's velocity, a sinker. It's a change and he's really come on the scene and we got our work cut out tonight.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking about tonight's matchup. Did address Blake Snail's surgery on Tuesday here in Los Angeles to remove those loose bodies in his left elbow. He'll be determined at the time of the surgery what is needed. Could it be a more invasive surgery or it could be like the one Turk Schoob will have. We'll find out on Tuesday when the procedure is done by doctor Neil Latrosh. All Right, as we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David vet Say to lead you out to first Bitch Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kansons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio netwhere.
Speaker 8: As we were.
Speaker 2: Saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers ontach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Saturday night. Justin Robleski on the mount. First pitch from the Big A and Anaheim, who is coming up at six thirty eight. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Poto, Born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican styles to Maato sauces, salsas and hot sauces.
Speaker 5: Right to your table. El Poto gourmee in a.
Speaker 2: Can, joining Tim cats On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi, all.
Speaker 5: Right, DV.
Speaker 4: Taoscar Hernandez hit a home run last night, his fifth of this season, his first home run in twenty three games. And you look back to what he's done over the last week and a half, looks like Taoscar Hernandez is starting to heat up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go back to the last home stand, Taoscar Hernandez hit three seventy five. He only had had two doubles, but he was starting to get hits. And when a guy is in a slump, getting hits matters a lot. And then last night you saw him go the opposite field and hit a home run over that yellow line and right field. What's interesting, Tim, is that the rules have changed. With that right field home run. There never used to be that yellow line if you go back to you know, I'm going a little bit far back here. But the O two alcs Adam Kennedy hit three home runs.
Speaker 7: All three were in the stands.
Speaker 3: You can't hit it into you couldn't have hit it off the scoreboard for a home run. So Andy pa has was giving Tail a hard time about that, and we had a chance to catch up with ta Oscar after the game last night about what is working for him.
Speaker 13: I'm just trying to have good at bats. I know the homers are gonna they're gonna come. If I'm having good at bats, the homers.
Speaker 5: Are gonna come.
Speaker 13: So I wasn't worry about it. I was trying to just get good of as get them for the team.
Speaker 5: In just Dance's cover runs.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Taeoscar Hernandez will be back in there tonight against Jose Soriano.
Speaker 7: Good luck to him.
Speaker 4: David has brought to you by the Ford and Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRPF its category is time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. You mentioned Jose Soriano, a guy the Angels have kind of been working on the last few years. He's gotten better and better. At twenty twenty six, he's one of the best pitchers in baseball.
Speaker 7: David, Yeah, you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: At the trade deadline last year, Jose Soriano was in a lot of trade talks and good for the Angels to not have traded him because he is an American League cy Young candidate.
Speaker 7: Early on now is May. He's had two starts.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been as dominant in both those starts as he was to start the year, but he has been so good this season on a team that really doesn't have a lot of good things to talk about. And what's even more difficult for the Dodgers tonight is the fact that he hasn't given up that many home runs and he's only given up one home run to right handed hitters, So it'll be interesting to see whether or not some of these right handed hitters that are in there can do something against him. Kyle Tucker gets a scheduled off day tonight and Alex call is starting in right field. I asked Alex earlier this afternoon, because he's a big guy on the virtual reality headset to kind of look at the pitchers in a virtual light. He told me he'll see Jose Soriano pitch in that VR headset fifty times before he steps in the batters box tonight against him.
Speaker 4: That is baseball in twenty twenty six, folks. Justin Robleski going for the Dodgers. Three starts ago, six innings, no runs given up, six shoutout innings, two starts ago, last time out, got roughed up for seven runs, but gave him eight and two third innings. Justin Robleski very much having a good twenty twenty six season as well.
Speaker 3: And you talk about the modern day player, the modern day pitcher, Justin Robleski was coming up when the pitch clock was being tested and implemented in the minor leagues, and those guys know the nuances on how to make the pitch clock work for them. And Justin Robleski told me he's a rhythm pitcher. He likes to work quick and before the pitch clock, he would get frustrated because guys would step out of the batters box three different times during in at bat to slow the game down to disrupt his rhythm. Now, with the pitch clock, they can't do that, and he believes that's a big advantage to.
Speaker 5: Him, no doubt about it. He's been fantastic this year.
Speaker 4: All right, David, Time now for the Dodgers Dirty brought to by San Anita Park. We're looking at tomorrow's second race out of Santa Anita seven horse field.
Speaker 5: Currently, who do you like tomorrow? David?
Speaker 7: Well, no surprise here, Tim.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the number five horse, Aloha Chrome, me and.
Speaker 7: Rick Monday running that to the finish line.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go with the six horse Tiger Whitworth. Written by Victor Espinoza. Good luck to you, DV. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa any In the Park every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. Next weekend Memorial Weekend at Sandy did A Park featuring Carnival on the infield, beer festival and two dollars buck Mondays and racing of course all weekend long. Tickets at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Mookie Betts. But up next we'll get your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anaheim. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Saturday night. Justin Robleski, Jose Soriano. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Who wants hot It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moments. Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs. Well, the Dodgers taking on the Angels. We go back to the Freeway Series in twenty twenty three. July seventh, twenty twenty three Dodgers and Angels, a night in which the Dodgers went off against Tyler Anderson.
Speaker 11: Dodgers four to three. Tyler Anderson on in relief of Griffin Canning, had a line drive deep to left field and didn't get.
Speaker 1: Over the wall. Ye did?
Speaker 14: It was a line drive got into the first maybe the second row, and get into the bold fan and the Dodgers now leaded five to three, and Pets is getting hotter and hotter.
Speaker 7: If it's all at all possible.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts two home runs. Dodgers had five home runs off Griffin Cannon and Tyler Anderson on their way to an eleven to four beatdown of the Halos. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoppy hot Dogs, Hoffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffy hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with.
Speaker 5: Charlie Steiner, who you just heard.
Speaker 4: So he leads up to first pitch with the Big A and Anaheim Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim kaz Is, the back to back world champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 2: Nowhere, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 1: On Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 4: Long, Dodgers and Angels. It's the Freeway Series this weekend in Anaheim. Justin Robleski, Jose Soriano the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty three minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years, so you could save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. So as we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 11: All right, Tim, it's game two of the three game series. Dodgers with the six nothing shut out last night, twenty seven and eighteen on the ear in first place in the National League West, a half a game in front of the Padres, they are playing the Mariners. And then there are the Angels, worst record in Major League Baseball. They've lost eighteen of their last twenty three, including last night's shell acking. And what was interesting about the game last night, Well, of course, Blake's Dell unable to go. It was a bullpen game and.
Speaker 14: They pitched a shutout.
Speaker 9: And I thought the observation the manager of the Angels was very interesting, and I think it was spot on. It's difficult to adjust when you're seeing a different pitcher every at bat, and that's exactly what the Angels were able to do in what advanced they were because Klein, I mean, he was the first guy out and went the two winnings to kind of set the stage on top of it, didn't throw that many pitches, and then the rest of the bullpen did their job, and the Dodgers finally got the offense going in the fourth inning a three run home run by Andy pajest and the home run by Max Munsey to follow the back to back jobs and Tiascar her nandas Charlie you know, Dave Roberts a couple of days ago was talking about, look how long he's going to be down in the lineup, as far as near the bottom of the lineup. Last night he was batting in the seventh spot. He had a two run home run. He had a single also, and then a terrific play robbed him at possibly a third hit. So for a taskar Hernandez still in the number seventh spot, but he's ten for his last twenty three at bats.
Speaker 11: And oh, by the way, the home run last night his first in twenty three games. In his last nine games hitting three forty four, so finally his bat is beginning to heat up. One more thing about the bullpen, and it was terrific last night. No runs, two hits, eleven strikeouts, four walks, beginning with Will kleinb and ended with Charlie Barnes, and well, they did the job. What was also interesting about the bullpen last night, Tanner Scott not involved. By the way, Tanner Scott is back to being the Tanner Scott of.
Speaker 1: Two years ago.
Speaker 11: His era this year is one forty seven. So the Dodgers have themselves a closer once again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they have this sell of a closer and hopefully they're not going to have to go to the bullpen much at all. Robleski, who's going to start, gave up seven runs in his last outing, went eight and two thirds inning. He's fucked up a lot of innings on top of that, But other than that outing, he has been pretty much spot on. And I imagine tonight who come out too, likes to work quickly, changes speeds very effectively.
Speaker 11: The Angels bring out there is Jose Soriano six and two, the eref one and two thirds and sixty one strikeouts already, so that could be a great equalizer tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The other part too is Sariana. You start to look at it, you know, he's retired each of the last twenty patters that he has faced. The Dodgers have to be patient because Sriano, oddly enough, does not throw at all a high percentage of first pitch strikes to hitters. When they come on. The Dodgers need to be very disciplined, very selective at pitches.
Speaker 11: And the Dodgers are getting some offense beginning to with some regularity. Looking at their lineup one through three adding average, not terribly good lead off hitter for the Dodgers two thirty six, mostly Otani, then the number two hitter at two seventy eight, three and four, they're okay, but down at the bottom they continue to be terrific, the seven eight to nine hitters two ninety one, two ninety one, and two eighty four. So finally it seems as if the Dodgers are beginning to elongate their lineup.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a little different look tonight. Also, we don't see Kyle Tucker in right field. It's going to be Alex called. So it's going to be a big matchup Alex Call against the right hander. And again with Soriano, not only the good vast ball that averages over ninety seven miles an hour, that Kerr ball is effective, the ausped pitches is going to be there too. So again the diners have to be selected tonight. But maybe, as you're mentioning, maybe the bright spot is the that offense is starting to breathe a little bit more normally.
Speaker 11: And Snell of course out probably three to four months with those bodies inside his left elbow and another blow to the Dodger rotation. What's next?
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 11: Who's coming up? We'll all find out together as time rolls on.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash you still to cup here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: The guys will have the keys of the game.
Speaker 4: But up next we go high and tight with Mookie Betts Dodgers Angels, Game two.
Speaker 5: Of the Freeway Series.
Speaker 4: First pitch is six thirty eight of Tim Katz is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to Dodgers and Angels on this Saturday night, Justin Robleski Jose Soriano. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's pizza parlor, the office pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vest a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight. All right.
Speaker 3: We'll join right now by a four time four time World Series champion, six time gold glover and MVP. And when you see that smile right there, whether he's zero for five or five for five, mothers across America love Mookie Bets.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Of course, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Bro Hey, I saw a great scene that people would pay a million dollars to see and listen to two of the giants of this game, Mike Trout and Mookie Bets having a conversation behind the cage earlier today.
Speaker 7: How much respect do you have for Trout? How much mutual respect is there between you two?
Speaker 15: I think a lot, you know, I think obviously we've been playing against each other for a long time and I became boys, you know, just from playing against each other, and you know, we kind of both went through our go through our struggles and whatnot, and we we text and we talk. We try and help each other through it, you know, just sharing knowledge and whatnot. So, uh, like I said, we've become friends. And you know, every time I see him, I always get to talk to him and whatnot. So yeah, it was just just good friends catching up.
Speaker 3: That's next level friendship if you're texting going through a baseball season.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, for sure, you know, but I think that's just uh. I think playing the WBC and obviously playing the year has been playing the WBC. Really getting to take the field together. I think we got a lot closer and you know, we just, uh, we've just been boys.
Speaker 3: Is that the best thing about the World Baseball Classic Being teammates among some of your peers that are on the same level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I would say so.
Speaker 15: And really just getting to uh to take the field with different guys, you know, I know kind of how it works in this clubhouse. Have been taking the field with these guys for a long time, but you never really get to see, uh, the interworkings of you know, Mike Trout or Aaron Jones or whoever else, right, And so I'm really getting to take the field and see their mindset, see there every day. Is uh something that you know you'll never forget?
Speaker 3: Is there something you found out about Mike Trout being teammates on the WBC Team US say that you didn't know about him before?
Speaker 15: I mean just that, I mean it sounds weird. It's just he's a normal dude. You know, he's a normal dude with the superpower that he uses his full advantage. And uh, I mean other than that, you know, he's super cool, down to earth. I mean he will talk to you about anything.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 15: And and really just his appreciation for the game, you know, his appreciation for being able to take the field and play the game that he loves it really really got the show.
Speaker 3: In the NBA, you always hear guys talk about Rings to other guys that don't have as many. I mean, people still get on Berkley to this day for not having any.
Speaker 7: So you've got four.
Speaker 3: Do you ever use that to your advantage when you're in conversations with guys in the WBC?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 15: No, I mean he's accomplished a lot more than I have, so I can't really say a whole lot. And you know, Rings is definitely a team Awards or kind of takes takes everyone.
Speaker 5: But for him, he's got so.
Speaker 15: Many individual awards, it's not much you can really say, you know, to him and really everyone else who really takes part in the WBC.
Speaker 3: Mike Trout, it's got four hundred home runs, but Mookie Betts got four rings. I would say that Trump's everything. And you know, I think that's one thing that people forget about you.
Speaker 7: Mookie.
Speaker 3: You got to the Dodgers in twenty twenty, and since then, the Dodgers have won three World Series Championships. How much pride do you take in that because I know that was the goal.
Speaker 15: Yeah, take a lot of pride. Take a lot of pride in that because that's the that's the reason why we play. Obviously, I would love to be doing a lot better individually, but you know that's this is not from lack of effort, for sure. But I know, I know when it comes down to winning and playing team ball, I'm always there. I'm always ready to go for that and I do everything I can to help the boys win, whether it's you know, just talking to someone or you know, stuff in the in the clubhouse and you know, on the field, whatever whatever, it kind of takes, and so I take pride in trying to help.
Speaker 7: That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And I feel like your season just started three games ago. So this is a restart to your year, a reboot.
Speaker 15: I feel like, yeah, I feel like, you know, being off for that for that time. You know, I need a little little bit to get going. So hopefully I can get it going here soon. You know, I just have to keep playing and find some type of rhythm.
Speaker 3: Well, we believe in you, Mookie. Your work speaks for itself. People doubted you you gonna play shortstop, you turn the world series ending double play, You're on your way to a gold glove, you were on your way to another MVP.
Speaker 7: So I'm still holding out hope.
Speaker 3: David Price says, you have one more three homer game in you, and I'm still I'm not retiring until you get it, Mooky.
Speaker 7: All right, I won't either.
Speaker 15: I will make sure we give me one more.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for stopping and great to see you and always great to see you smile. And don't forget your Mooky freaking bets.
Speaker 15: Thanks Bet.
Speaker 7: I will send it back here into the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks a lot, DV, thank you, Mookie.
Speaker 4: As we leads out to first pitch on this Saturday night Dodgers and Angels, Game two of this Freeway Series up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to Dodgers and Angels, the Freeways Series and the Big A and Anna High.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up in six thirty eight.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup right to you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: Jose Soriano on the Mountain six and two with a one sixty six e twenty seven year old right handed out of the Dominican Republic, fourth season in the Big Leagues, all with the Angels, making his tenth start this year. He enters play tonight tied for the American League lead and wins six second in opponent's batting average, third in eer ray, fourth and strikeouts, and sixth in innings pitch. Jose Soriano was named the American League Pitcher of the Month from March and April. In seven starts, he went five and one within eight for a point eighty four r ray. That's pretty good with forty nine strikeouts. Last time out, seven to two thirty eight's one run, five hit, seven strikeouts in a victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 5: This is his second career start against the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: His third appearance, he's one to zero with a one thirty five r ray and seven strikeouts. Justin Robleski on the mound for the Blue five and one with the two to forty two era twenty five year old left handers third season in the big leagues, he has now moved into the rotation after a great spring and took even full advantage of the opportunities with Blake Snell out with the injury to start the year. Set to make his seventh start eight to peer tonight, after recording his first loss of the season last Sunday against the Braves. He went eight and two third innings in that game, gave up seven runs on seven hits, two home runs, a walk, while striking out seven and one hundred pitches on the road this season, Justin Robleski three and oh and three starts with a one ERA and zero home runs giving up so great pitching matchup, Jose Soriano, Justin Robleski. Dodgers and Angels were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game are next. Don't you go anywhere?
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Angels square and off Game two of this freeway. Serious from the Big A and Anahe'm Justin Robleski, Jose Soriano. The pitching matchup gonna be a good one as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste prefer. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including.
Speaker 5: Light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 4: Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball, all right before first pitch, back out to the booth one final time. Tim neverert Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Tim, thanks again, We're getting you ready for the first pitch of game number two of the Freeways series Dodgers and Angels. Dodgers with a victory last night. The Angels lead the overall series eighty one wins seventy four losses, but the Dodgers have won twenty of the last thirty one meetings. So tonight, Justin Robleski, coming off a loss to the Braves, pitched eight and two thirds innings, the longest outing of his career. However, he allowed seven runs in that loss to Atlanta for his only blemish. In terms of wins and losses, He's five and one and the Dodgers hoping for some length out of the lefty tonight.
Speaker 9: And Tim that was a strange outing because it was you know, you look at the six outings prior to that totally just five runs that he had allowed, So that was very unusual. Likes to work quickly, and they may benefit to him because he tines to change some speeds. And you mentioned Sriano. Yes, he was the American League Pitcher of the Month for March slash April, an era of under one in that period of time. One thing about it was Sriano. The Dodger hitters need to make him throw strikes early because he does not throw a high percentage of first pitch strikes, although his last outing at one point in time, he retired eleven consecutive batteries.
Speaker 6: Splitter is a tough pitch for him. The opposition only four for forty two against it. That's an ninety five average. But he'll mix that with a fastball, curve and a change. But the split's been an effective pitch for him. The Angels have won seven of his nine previous starts, but they have lost twenty seven of the other thirty six games. So when he's in the lineup, they seem to do well, but their offense certainly scuffling. They've only scored two point nine runs per game since the eighteenth of April. That is the worst stretch in Major League Baseball at that time. The Dodgers coming off their fifth shutout of the season last night, winning six to nothing over the Angels in Game one.
Speaker 7: Game two is coming up very shortly.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, first pitch right around the corner. Don't forget when this game is over, I'll be back with all the post game wrap up, all the highlights, all the postgame reaction from the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: And of course Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Angels going at a Game two of this Freeway series and the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 5: Jose Soriano has been really good.
Speaker 4: He's a limited opponents to a sub one hundred batty and the average eighteen strikeouts with his splitter. He's been good, really good this twenty twenty six season. Dodgers gonna have their hands bull Justin Robleski will go for the blue first pitch is next, Enjoy it. I'm Tim Kays' is the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers Audio Network