Speaker 1: Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us.
Speaker 3: Bring nice to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up.
Speaker 3: The ratings just came in for last month.
Speaker 2: We are number one. We just grabbed every key demography, super duper. That's nice, fight Ago, Neto Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the thirtieth day of January twenty twenty sixth January's almost over. Happy Friday, everybody. John Kriesel's here. We got Marty Gallarnar, Mark Paris coming in a bit, and Matt Minster to play the initial game. So let's get her started. Here's Kevin Kneelin with some comedy on the Paratrot Borning Show of Friday.
Speaker 5: Come on in.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 5: People drink coffee sometimes because they're not morning people. I can't talk to yet. I haven't had my coffee yet. I'm not a morning person. I think they're not afternoon people either.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: When can we talk to you?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 5: When is that window, like after your morning coffee and before you're evening cocktail.
Speaker 2: When is it?
Speaker 5: When can we do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: I stopped going to Starbucks, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Rip off.
Speaker 5: Five dollars for tall coffee. Excuse me, five dollars for tall coffee, which is really a small coffee, but they call it a tall coffee because they figure psychologically you won't mind spending five bucks and the tall coffee. But I know it's going on. It's a small coffee. So I wrote it the tall coffee.
Speaker 2: I gave a dollar.
Speaker 5: The guy goes, it's five dollars, sir, I said, I call that dollar five dollars. That's my tall dollar. That's my tall dollar. He goes, you want going to leave room for cream in yourffee? No, not for five dollars. Fill it up to the rim p. Put the cream in my mouth. It makes when I get home, I'm like a.
Speaker 2: Dog in heat.
Speaker 5: Sweet on your side.
Speaker 1: You hear the distance under this and in you stray.
Speaker 7: Nothing better in the world than waking up on a Friday and talking tennis with John Crees.
Speaker 2: So that's what we just spent ten minutes doing, right, Johnny Kaye.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's Chris Hockey, There's Zach Elberson, there's Paul Lambert. I'm Corey Cove. That's John Cree.
Speaker 7: So this is the power to a morning shoe sinner and Djokovic going at it. Palm down, Zach, I guess Alcarez already won. Spoiler, I'll stoy it open.
Speaker 2: I did not. I've watched a lot of tennis and never made the effort to really understand the scoring. And Corey learned me up in about three and a half maybe four minutes. It's not that complicated, is it really?
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Just you explain it that way. I have attempted to read like a in ten seconds in I'm like, I don't have time.
Speaker 7: Reading like a Google explanation. Yeah, it's not that hard.
Speaker 8: No, it's cool. And this is why he's about to serve. All right, Oh you got served, and Sena just centners so good. Shoves it down.
Speaker 2: Chokovich is the road Jesus for aggressive start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is an aggressive start. Yeah, Chris, you've got a cold working over there? What do you got going there?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Oh I feel prettydamn good.
Speaker 2: It's out in the open.
Speaker 3: It's not like you had a cold or something. Oh depression, Oh that kind of call one of those permanent colds.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, that's all there is that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm you know, just over here giving myself the cold shoulder. Oh right, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's fun enjoy. There's a you know when you always got some argue with That's what I love. You're lost in argument to yourself every damn day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, No, it's one hundred and three dogs blanket in here right now, and I don't know why is.
Speaker 2: It hot over there?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 3: Agrees in here very comfortable. It's so hot over there, and I love.
Speaker 4: Being warm, but I am I mean, if my testes are sweating, there's a problem.
Speaker 2: And aren't they always wear what regular shirt? Paul's wearing a sweat shirt?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. He loves sweaty nipples.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do, yeah, especially yours.
Speaker 6: Hawk.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet a view.
Speaker 4: That was very nice of you to say that, But he doesn't act like it. No, I meet it, though I know you say you do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things are good.
Speaker 3: Aren't your testes always warm?
Speaker 4: Why do you ask questions? Why does he ask questions on my testicles every day?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: The show just started every day? Can you just wait a question?
Speaker 4: How are your balls?
Speaker 3: Can you answer the question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's sweat every so what damp?
Speaker 8: You know that's ruined except you know it's ruined the road having fun gaming, know with the person in the passenger seat in the driver's seat know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't tell you talking about, so I don't know if I do. You don't want to use road? Uh yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: The heated seats, man, because they're all sweaty down there. Now, it's not it's not gross first world problems.
Speaker 4: It's not scross.
Speaker 3: It's just disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Make sure you here in your new vehicle yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you drove out of here like with like he looked like ice Cube and uh boys in the hood with one arm draped over the steering wheel. He had the window down in the top down, and I'm like, it's that's that guy. It's minus nine.
Speaker 7: And the guy sitting in the passenger seat looked like Gandolf the gray Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I couldn't see his head, the guy in the passenger seat minus the r Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make sure.
Speaker 8: Make sure was he sweaty? Make sure you keep those heated seats off kids.
Speaker 2: Good advice. Fantastic advice. Yep. Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 4: That's life right there, that's how we roll.
Speaker 2: That is life. Yeah, that's life.
Speaker 7: Parish later Marti. Later you mentioned Matt Minster. He's playing initials. That's later today.
Speaker 4: I think we're going to later monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know he gets mad about that. But spell your name right then?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no good. I get called chrysl. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You a lot of times that speeches. They'll be like, how do I pronounce it? When they're going to read the intro, how do I pronounce your last name? And I tell him it's like Diesel with a KR. But then I always say.
Speaker 3: If you mispronounce it, it doesn't matter. I don't care. Yeah, I've been called worse. Ye take the power, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Care about your story.
Speaker 3: Chrysl. Yeah, shut up, Chrysol. Now it's it's fine. It's the same story. Yeah, my daughter says way worse things. Yeah, go back to the work. Oh there was another one this week. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was making her bed. She didn't make it in the morning, so I was like, make your bed. She's like, wow, that time's coming up soon, and I was like, doesn't matter. Standard doesn't change. Make your bed. So she was doing it and she had just finished with gymnastics. She's like, my leg's hurt, and I said, must be nice joking, right, And then and I went My office is right next to her, so I was going to work on some stuff. And then she appears and she goes, I'm not trying to be mean when I say this. And then I'm like, oh, this is gonna be great six and a half and she goes, this was a choice you made, and I go, what are you talking about? She said, you choose to join the army and I'm not correcting the grammar because it's cute, it's adorable. You choose to join the army. Then you choose to go to the war, and that's where your legs were blown off, she said. So it was your choices though, and I go, that's fine. I go, it was a joke, though, buddy, And I said, I said, I wasn't trying to get sympathy. I didn't want you to feel sorry for me, and just dead seriously looked at me, and she goes, well, I'm feeling very sorry for you right now, so serious, like my god, kiddel. But she's right. I wasn't drafted, and this is when she has a she would be upset.
Speaker 7: I know, I know she's sick, but if she had a cigarette and it's been like, you choosed to join the.
Speaker 4: Art, dude, she's a quick pino.
Speaker 2: To go to the war dude. No smile, just serious.
Speaker 4: And I was very serious for her.
Speaker 2: She checked with me. She is and I tell her there will be times too where she'll be getting punished about something. I'm like, no, you're gonna do some time in your room or whatever the punishment is. And then she'll be like, this is rediculous, and I'm like, you made the choice to misbehave and that's why you're getting this punishment right now. So this was her completely turning money.
Speaker 4: IQ must be off the charge.
Speaker 2: She's a very smart child.
Speaker 3: Wow, actions have consequence, made the choice.
Speaker 4: But but here's something I have to say to you guys, as as somebody who has an over thirty year old and and over well twenty three year old, the things you are most proud of as a parent, You're going to find out we're a major mistake. And by that I mean there is nothing you can say or do that that can't be shaped as a negative. There there there is a there's no you're you're you're simply you're in the role of parent. So something you're doing is wrong in some way. And I'm not saying you should stop trying. I'm just if you think, if you ever look in the mirror and say, yep, they're gonna look at at somebody someday and say that was the perfect dad, you're wrong. And that's okay because there's no such thing.
Speaker 2: The other parent, or like someone else's dad is the best dad.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, You're you are, you're doing your very best. You're you're learning them right from wrong the best that you can, and you're teaching them what you know. But someday everybody listening right now is going to be told by their child, well do you remember when I was seven and you did this? And you're going to say, hey, no, I don't remember that. That was just something that happened in passing. That was a thirty second thing. I had no idea that that impacted your entire life. You know, it's the craziest thing. But I can tell you that will definitely happen. How do I know that because this happened to me and I did it to my parents. I did it to their parents, and I'm sure they did it to their parents. You're gonna do something wrong accidentally. Just love and that's all you can do. That's all I did it.
Speaker 2: Like with my dad was getting beat by a two by four. I understand what. Yeah, there is well, there's certain ye gotta love it and it is always the things too, like you. Recently, there's circle time at her school where they share something about interesting in their life. And we recently told Chloe we're going to Disney in March, and then she brought up the.
Speaker 9: Damn you and then she she brought up the story at circle time at her little Christian school that she said the F word on the Disney bus.
Speaker 2: And my wife was like, you said what at circle time? Because she she was overtired when we're three, or when she was three and all. And then I was like, my wife said she needs a nap. I said, we can do a couple more rides. My wife was great. We got on the bus and it was that pass the witching hour for her and we're going to take a nap and she doesn't swear. She was like, I don't want to take an fing. Now, oh my god, got three years old.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's amazing and precious.
Speaker 2: And there's a million other kids on the bus like, oh my god, and parents are looking at me. And I rent a scooter at Disney. I'm not gonna be tired. I don't care if people look at me whatever. So I'm like strapped down in this scooter because you have to like wheel on and then they strap you down. And I'm just sitting there, strapped down, and my daughter's dropping an F bomb on the Disney bus. So we've said this and and she doesn't swear again, so I don't know. This was just the end of her rope. She shared that at circle time, and so now the joke is like something on TV, like something on the news or whatever, and she's like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Then my wife will be like, yeah, you're going to talk about that time.
Speaker 4: Well, let me give you a I'm not going to say which of my two kids, because I don't want to put them in a bad spot. Here's something that I did that I thought was the right thing. In fact, I thought this was parent of the Year material. I expected to be given an award. Okay, one of them came home for the first time when they were in an early grade, probably fourth grade or fifth grade, with straight a's, and I was like, that's freaking awesome, and I mounted it in a frame and put it on the wall.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I had no idea that I had just unleashed hell on that child's brain by making them feel like the only way they could show me their report card was that if it had straight a's. I never said those words. I never intimated it as far as I know, but by making a big deal out of it, too big a deal out of it, I made it look like that's the ultimate thing. If you don't do that, you're disappointed.
Speaker 2: Straight a's at one point, never so you were extra. I was like super proud.
Speaker 4: Right, So, I thinking I was doing the right thing, was doing something that is going to need therapy, you know what I mean like that? And I absolutely didn't mean to, but I didn't know any better, right. And the real thing I think is what would be great if there was a way to find out earlier, Hey, this affected me this way, And I think that's something that your daughter is going to be able to communicate to you that perhaps my children weren't for some reason, and that's a win for you. That's cool, man, that's great. And this is my second go round.
Speaker 2: I had step kids for eleven years, and in our twenties we are learning life ourselves. Yeah, so naturally, my gosh, forty four, I feel like I am a better parent than I was at twenty five, and so that you're still well nailed to.
Speaker 4: Do as twenty three. And you're right, it's not your boat. You're doing the best I could.
Speaker 2: But at this age you look back and you're like, oh my god, it's not just being better parents at forty five or whatever.
Speaker 3: Almost all of us, almost all of us are just better people.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: Your calmer, you're wiser, you know more about the world.
Speaker 7: It's easier to parent when you when you know what's important and what isn't. I learned about tennis today is the scoring of tennis, and that's going to trickle down to Clobe one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: She still understand the scoring by the end of the week. Yeah, nailed it. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: Last Sunday, she would not leave my side and the game football is about to start. I know that she knows she's going to be fatherless for that day. But she was like she was that's the deal, and she was like, she sat on my shoulders to watch like most of the first half and was asking a million questions of the game, and I loved every minute of it.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like she also was concerned about leaving you to your own devices.
Speaker 2: And that she's going to go and talk at circle time and say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't trust him. Guys, he makes choices to go get his legaphone that.
Speaker 2: She she works for China.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, John Criso is here or John chrys will call him either way. We'll do initials at eight fifteen with one hundred and eight thousand, five hundred up for grabs, potentially with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials, Jackpot.
Speaker 3: Marnie Gellner, and Mark Parrish. Later, Matt Minster will be here.
Speaker 7: We'll talk to mister z in like forty five minutes about some films as well.
Speaker 3: This it's the Power to Mornings.
Speaker 4: You want a fan field, Happy Friday, everybody check this out. I believe it starts today that if you don't have a real ID, it's gonna cost you.
Speaker 2: Forty five bucks.
Speaker 10: Passengers who don't have a real ID or other acceptable form of ID will have to pay forty five dollars ahead of time for an alternative ID check. The feis payable at the confirm ID webpage on TSA dot gov. Travelers then present the proof of purchase at the checkpoint that THEE will cover up to ten days of travel, including return trips, within that window.
Speaker 2: I'm Mark Mayfield. Every I think the problem, Yeah, the problem. It's been all over the years.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many times I've done this news story.
Speaker 2: Have you really?
Speaker 3: I mean, just like the last ten years. No, I know about the real idea and all that. I didn't know about the fee bit. I think, yeah, it's it's been all over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've literally read that to busy number.
Speaker 2: Too busy sending me fart videos on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Oh well, now I'm gonna have to get one. The other thing I'm confused about because I saw it on Channel five last night. I think it doesn't matter which show I was watching. I don't know why I hesitated so much to say the number.
Speaker 7: The part that you know, like it seems like a backup plan, Like all right, crap, I don't have a real idea.
Speaker 2: I don't have a passport with me. I totally forgot.
Speaker 7: Well, now I have to essentially pay a forty five dollars fine if I want to keep going right, But everybody keeps saying that you get it ahead of time and then you go through this special line. If you're planning that far ahead of time, you probably already remembered your passport or probably you probably have a real ID. This is for people in panic mode that are like, well, then, how am I supposed to get on the plane? Pay forty five dollars and hop in that line? So but they keep saying sign up first online and then you go through some line.
Speaker 2: No, that's not going to happen. That sounds really annoying. And those people, once they're told this, Paul, they're going to be like, what the hell is going I'm not paying forty five dollars. You can't get on the plane yet. Yeah, And the real ID process is very simple. You can send your documents online ahead of time to make it go quicker.
Speaker 7: And the only problem was, you know, like a year or so ago, when it was real I D crazy times is there were times that if you didn't have a well, appointments might be two months out unless you wanted to drive super far, or if you just went in there and tried to stand by it, it would be four to six hours.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 3: See I got it.
Speaker 7: I got it what three months ago or so, and I waited zero minutes.
Speaker 2: I used the one by my house. It's there's never a long wait. You just gotta know you don't have to use the one that is near you. I'm lucky that the one near me is usually not busy. But and I don't need a real idea because I have my military idea that counts as federal ID, but just in case I had to renew anyway, So I was like, why not, right, why not get real? Yeah? When's yours?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think in twenty twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, you should probably bite the bullet. Otherwise, think you fly enough that forty five bucks and forty five bucks and that, yeah, you're going to weigh more than pay for during your passport.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true anyway.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when like five or six years ago, when this thing became like this started to become a thing where you had to get a real ID.
Speaker 2: Well that was the early two thousands, but go on, well whenever, but like when we first never mind.
Speaker 3: No, but I don't know. I'm sorry, I should turn my mic up right when I I went and had every single piece of document, documents, all the documents.
Speaker 11: Except I didn't have my social Security number. That wasn't like on my phone and they wouldn't accept it.
Speaker 3: So on a on your card that I'm not going back, I forget all of it.
Speaker 11: I had everything you need to get it, and they were like they wouldn't. I had my social Security number on my phone and I showed them in there like that.
Speaker 2: How long ago was this, I don't know, eight years ago. I mine within the past like three or four years. And it was a better process where you could have take a photo of your social security guard, take a photo of whatever other documents prove, and then upload them and then when you go there, you're basically just getting your picture taken.
Speaker 4: I don't even have a copy of my social Security card, so I obviously didn't use that.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the social Security website anyway, or someone's going to steal it and log in for you, and then you can just request a new one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could do that. That's good. Yeah, I didn't need it. I went to this, Uh, the secret spot. We're always talking about that. Barb told us about Saucy, and I mean I think I was fourth in line in the end of the day. It's a great spot. There's a lot of places that don't have any lines at all.
Speaker 2: I don't remember doing mine. I have one.
Speaker 3: I just don't remember, like it must you were, how.
Speaker 2: Easy it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're much younger too, so you're yeah a little bit.
Speaker 2: That type of process. You're just that's how you do things. Yeah, man's old folk or forget about it or not. A spike, yeah, a spike, Yeah, pisseds.
Speaker 4: They should make a variety of sprite that is sprite spikee.
Speaker 2: It's real bitter, so good.
Speaker 3: I love sprite. I do cold sprite, I believe you.
Speaker 4: Do You think you'd like like sprite spike?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you have someone else back a day, you have someone over and you pour them one of those, yeah, and let me drink it and look at you and you just nod your head like you son them a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you've now I'm full of spite.
Speaker 4: Would you quit drinking spie? The first thing in the morning, Hello.
Speaker 3: The way to start the day. Gophers win the Rose Bowl. He just orders a keg. I don't think I'll to worry about that. No, no, better chance. And my legs growing back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was something that you choosed.
Speaker 4: That's the cutest thing of all time, little buddy. Oh dude, that's a story you're gonna be telling.
Speaker 11: For My little one now points at everything and he'll just go. And then yesterday we were a target and we came around the corner and he went back and this kind this little man.
Speaker 3: Just goes hello. It was cute.
Speaker 11: Yeah it Rosie. No roses No, Rosie's busy, of course he is. Is he doing what was on with common at that time? Oh that was during the two to three hour Yeah, he didn't play.
Speaker 12: For the bulls. Yeah, that's right. Hmmm, he's busy. I wonder what he's doing. He's been talking a lot of people have been talking to him. He's a popular guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Were you ignored by any Caro leven anchors? No, I didn't see any man. Is that the place to be? All the famous people go there?
Speaker 11: I mean I didn't see anybody famous yesterday.
Speaker 3: You look in the mirror. Oh no, is he not famous? You're famous?
Speaker 7: No, you didn't see your reflection in the frozen food section.
Speaker 4: Did you look at yourself and say you choose to look.
Speaker 3: At look at you. You choose to be.
Speaker 2: Fat, you choose to be you. No, that you didn't.
Speaker 3: That's where the Good Lord bless me with it.
Speaker 4: You set me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. You got to stop doing make fun of me all you don't. I don't want to, I have to.
Speaker 4: Thats such a weird provision to me.
Speaker 3: It was a breaker.
Speaker 11: Literally, wouldn't be shocked if that was actually in the sauce clause. It would write that there, yeah, Christmas.
Speaker 7: It's specifically so the things I'm supposed to say on a weekly basis, or I don't get paid.
Speaker 3: You've been paid every week. Brother, and maybe, but think about it. Maybe it's next level.
Speaker 7: Maybe it is I have to beat you down so much that you lose all hope and motivation, so you don't work harder, so they don't have to pay you more. So you know what I'm saying. So it is it's an incentive for me to save them money from you. That is next level. That's next level.
Speaker 11: Let me ask a question, though you two work hard, are they paying you two more?
Speaker 2: The band.
Speaker 4: We got breaking news. Lindsey vonn got hurt.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, oh no, limped off in the final test run.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, just read and reading it right now, breaking breaking news.
Speaker 2: So like she's banged up, but they haven't said, like.
Speaker 4: I mean literally happened twenty five minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we don't know. So hopefully, although oh.
Speaker 4: Boy, another race is it? I would think that they don't know. I don't know how they do things.
Speaker 2: Just test running. You still got to keep it fresh, got to keep it going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's sort of that's potentially more concerning because it doesn't look like she like landed funny where you would be like, okay, maybe she's bruised or something. It looks like the race was kind of non contact type situations. I don't know.
Speaker 11: Race was later canceled after three of the first six racers crashed.
Speaker 3: The conditions I think it's bumpy.
Speaker 2: They were seeing way to go Italy.
Speaker 3: In Italy. Yeah, cress crans Monton.
Speaker 2: That doesn't crans.
Speaker 8: To continue to replay to when they actually crash.
Speaker 2: Hold on scroll up though, Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: She's Oh my gosh, hand a second. I just figured out put together we're gonna take my family.
Speaker 11: Audio where you taking your family. Oh oh, these flights aren't even that bad to wear.
Speaker 7: Cran's muntuned Switzerland.
Speaker 4: You've fulfilled your contract?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, oh, I'm way sure. I got three hours to hit back. He's laughing and smiling. My job's not done.
Speaker 4: You're right, he's still last pride.
Speaker 3: Ye, No, I lost that while ago. All right, Front Paid Sports in a second. Hey, we haven't even mentioned it because this is a sports show man.
Speaker 7: A hell of a knife for our squads last night. We'll talk about it when we come back. A couple of wins for our big league squads last night. This is the power trip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Should just jump right into it.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 6: It's time now for Front Page Sports.
Speaker 7: Set it by Holiday, Station stars today, station stores by two.
Speaker 2: Get one free when it comes to Monster Energy, mix.
Speaker 7: And matchitty flavors you want, including ultra punk punch Bye two get one free Monster Energy with our friends at holiday Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 3: Holiday's the best. I went to the car wash there yesterday eight plus.
Speaker 2: Did you bring your car?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Wolves won one twenty three to one to eleven over the best team in the NBA, the reigning champs the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Wolves victorious mainly because they shot forty seven percent from three.
Speaker 3: That'll do it. They were twenty two of forty seven. That's very good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and with twenty six Jaden McDaniels, who's all over those Giannis Atenta Kumpo rumors, of course, because he's a really good player, five of five from three and twenty one points. Like I mentioned, Sga had thirty. But the Wolves beat the Oklahoma City Thunder. They are up now to thirty and nineteen. The thunderfall to thirty eight and eleven. Up next, the Wolves are at Memphis for two games. They play them Tomorrow night and Monday night in Memphis. The Wolves are now fifth in the Western Conference.
Speaker 2: This is what is so fun about them and so frustrating is because when they're playing against a team like the defending champion, they play serious. They don't goof around, and so they have a winning record against Okay, see this season correct or is it two to two? I think I feel like they have a winning record against them. If not, you split with the defending champs, that's good, yeah, but it's like, come on, fellas, this is what you're capable of goofing around. M mm hmmm loss when.
Speaker 3: Wait, it looks like two to one unless I missed one, looks like we're up two to one. Oh sweet. See, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Great, But because the NBA Cup game did not count, right, because I feel like we lost to them barely in the NBA Cup game or whatever that goofy No.
Speaker 3: That counts. It does in the record.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only one that does not count, I believe is the final.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so that's our one loss against him, geez. And it was close. So I mean it's like we match up well against him, goofing around this seed though, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 7: They lost to him in November one thirteen, one oh five, beat him in December one twelve, one oh seven, and then beat him last night.
Speaker 2: And that one thirteen one oh five, if that was the NBA Cup game, it was much closer than the final score indicated they were. They were in it till the end, So don't even remember. That's all tend for it. Yep, my memory grease on it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: The Minnesota Wild beat the Flames four to one, goals by eurov Heinnestroza Boldy and Carill Gustuson with twenty nine saves, the Wild thirty one, fourteen and ten. What do we got three games left only if she's five three, what do we got three games left right before the All Star break or not all Star break, Olympic break.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, a good win, but about as boring as they come.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 3: In a good way. Yeah, in a bad way too.
Speaker 8: They they got two goals pretty quick in that first period, got a two nothing lead, and I mean they even admit it like it. They did not play well in the first and second periods, Gus, I don't want to say completely bail them out, but did very very well.
Speaker 3: He's what nine.
Speaker 8: I think we're seeing nine to one five at home since November first, and that's that's great to see. And yeah, just you know, everybody just coming together. You mentioned, I mean the third line got the first two goals before Boldie and then Corill added an empty netter, so they're contributing still too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's just big, big two.
Speaker 8: Just keep this momentum rolling into the in the Olympic break and just a few more games before that, so that would be still on the heels.
Speaker 7: Yes, but the two teams, so the Wild have the second most points in the NHL with seventy two.
Speaker 3: The Avalanche have seventy nine.
Speaker 7: Tampa Bay also has seventy two, but they have played three fewer games.
Speaker 6: In the wild.
Speaker 7: Not that that matters Cray Eastern Conference, but still. Yeah, so in the West, it's Colorado than the Wild and then the Stars.
Speaker 8: And Colorado lost last night to Montreal, who the Wild. They are going to be playing on Monday, and they are now Colorado four four and two in their last ten. They're I would call it falling apart completely, but they've lost two in a row. And obviously, as you mentioned, Avs have played three less games in the Wild. But you know, we're seven behind, and depending on how things go, I mean we could. I don't think Colorado is as out of reach as we thought they were at least a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Even so, last night, Cooper Flagg, thenumber one overall pick, set an NBA record for most points in NBA history by a teenager. He had forty nine last night in a Maverick's Hornets game against his former teen teammates. Jeez, yeah, and Con had like thirty four, I guess as well. So yeah, a little battle. But uh, nipple. Yeah, but the flag forty nine most in NBA history by a teenager. Your uncle has beautiful nipples, thank you, and also with me. How did you know he was talking to you because he looked right at me? But why couldn't our uncles have beautiful nipples? There are three of us over here. The whole town knows that Peter's got some dandies.
Speaker 11: Because I would doubt any anybody else in this room's uncles are deranged enough to show other men their nipples.
Speaker 2: Once a month.
Speaker 11: Yeah, at least once a month. Yeah, don't talk about my dad. Yeah, I've seen your dad's nipples.
Speaker 3: No, no, my Peter, Oh I won't, sorry, sir. If they're like the size of a dime, Papa fare as well for you, Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, wow brother.
Speaker 7: The Super Bowl is a week from Sunday. It's on February eighth at five point thirty Seattle against the New England Patriots DraftKings as Seattle as a four and a half point favorite. The over under is forty five and a half. Let's see if you can This is group trivia. Group trivia. Let's see if you can get this in order according to DraftKings, I want the four most likely MVP winners of Super Bowl sixty. You guys can talk it out and give me a final answer. In order one through four go.
Speaker 3: It should be dartled as well, and then it would be Drake mayas two.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 2: Kenneth Walkerji JSN, Jackson Smith and Jigba and then Kenneth Walker. I mean, but you would think they want to run.
Speaker 7: The ball.
Speaker 3: Or Bary cute. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've confident about the first two. What about you guys? Yeah? But the final two.
Speaker 8: Is your initial order, the JAYSN and Kenneth Walker, but.
Speaker 7: Team yeah, yeah that the final answer be the representative.
Speaker 2: What's the final answer?
Speaker 3: Donald May, JSN Walker. That's hot and people say this isn't a sports show. That is the exact right answer. Sam Darnold plus one twenty five. Then Drake May plus two thirty five JSN plus five fifteen, then Kenneth Walker the third plus six fifteen. Oh yeah, think you know sports?
Speaker 2: Try this?
Speaker 3: No, No, I need in order. According to DraftKings, the four most likely colors of gatorade to be dumped on the winning coach in order go in order.
Speaker 4: Red, Nope, Orange is first, right.
Speaker 2: I forget how this even works.
Speaker 4: I feel isn't orange green red man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think orange is right.
Speaker 4: I think orange green, orange green, red blue.
Speaker 2: I think sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 2: Actually have a hot gatory take.
Speaker 3: I don't have a hot gear.
Speaker 2: This would be something that.
Speaker 8: I mean orange and I mean again, I would be just throwing a guess.
Speaker 3: At the wall.
Speaker 2: Well, I've done research.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I'm gonna go with hawk the color of gatorade until the Super Bowl? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, and the Vikings never get to see the color.
Speaker 8: We don't have any sort of final answer as a group is yeah, whatever hawk says that green?
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry, orange green, red blue.
Speaker 7: The favorite at two to one is blue, followed quickly after that by orange at plus two fifty, and then they say yellow slash green because I guess it's like a similar flavor.
Speaker 3: It depends on which.
Speaker 7: Color they dump whatever that means at plus two sixty. Then the distant fourth is purple at plus eight hundred eight to one, purple.
Speaker 3: So the favorite good is blue Gatorade. Can we get one of them gatorade things in here? One of them? How nice would that be to dump it just after just a hot segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be sweet if I just have computer works first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, computer that works my greed.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, twenty first century Wi Fi would be unbeliefd yes.
Speaker 4: But yeah that's on the list too.
Speaker 3: That yep, that's that's on there.
Speaker 8: But can you imagine Marnie wins yet another Initials game and then she just gets a gatorade bath after the game?
Speaker 3: Hey on, are you saying we dump gatorade all over Marnie.
Speaker 8: If she wants to celebrate?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: You don't want me to have Libra coming in play?
Speaker 8: Well there's that. Yeah, well there's that. I mean, yeah, can we do it? Make in the summertime?
Speaker 7: Cal him down, Take a deep breath, Chris, Who do you like in the super Bowl? We haven't talked to you since the AFC NFC title games.
Speaker 2: I like Seattle. I feel pretty comfortable too. They're just such a well rounded team, and our guy looked fantastic, fantastic under the most pressure he's ever been under. I don't mean from a pass rush, I mean mental pressure. It's the biggest moment, if you told me, because we cannot forget how he ended the year, and it's why I don't hold it against the Vikings. It's okay to say both things are true. That it would have been ridiculous to re sign him to an extension more than he and he wasn't going to sign for just a year based on those performances and the fact that we had McCarthy waiting in the wings, had drafted him and sort of set ourselves up to hand the reins over to him. But also he would have given the Vikings at least two more wins, maybe three. But they're for sure playoff team. I don't think they're what Seattle is. Seattle is a but Seattle wouldn't be where they're at without him. But if you told me before that game that Sam Darnold is going to have to throw this many yards in this and have the game he did for them to win, I would have thought for sure the Rams were going to the super Bowl. And No, Sam was amazing. Yeah, he was good for him. Seems like a great guy. Yep.
Speaker 3: Hard to cheer against him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's going to be Super Bowl MVP and that will be very Viking, though it be the most vik Yeah, but we can't. I think it would be foolish to be It's okay to say he's the one that got away. I miss him. It would have been great, but not being mad at don't be mad at the front office for that. There's plenty of other things to be mad at the front office about. This isn't one.
Speaker 7: Don't you think the most Viking thing would have him win like three in the next seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just this one.
Speaker 7: It would be like the Seahawks the new Dynasty, because Darnold is a MVP kind of player for the next half decade.
Speaker 3: And not getting paid like one.
Speaker 2: It's a reasonable co reasonable but there Seattle is set up to be around a while.
Speaker 3: That's a really good team and the defense is a beast.
Speaker 4: He really vikings like if he knocked us out of the NFC championship every year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, we have to get there first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to win a playoff game first.
Speaker 7: Mister Z when we come back, Marnie Gellner and Mark Parrish later, Matt Minster in about an hour.
Speaker 3: This is the power Chip, won't you wild fans?
Speaker 8: This is your season experience the energy, the goals and the unforgettable moments and casino arena. Get your tickets now at caf at wild dot com slash tickets.
Speaker 4: That's right, welcome back. Get your tickets, get them, get them. Pitch your tickets to the movies as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked to mister Z every Friday about films. Hi, mister Z.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, what's up?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: So, you know, our generation saw the movie Castaway. I'm sure every generation has a deserted island movie, but maybe this generation hasn't. Maybe the kids haven't seen Castaway.
Speaker 3: So the Rachel McAdams Dylan O'Brien movie, it's called Send Help. It basically looks like Castaway with two people who don't get along.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a little Castaway in it, definitely. First of all, this is the Sam Raimy film, who one of my favorite directors, especially in the dark comedy horror genre. I mean, he directed the Spider Man trilogy and of my stuff. But if you go back, one of the great is Evil Dead one and Evil Dead two and even Dark Man. This is way more Evil Dead two than Castaway, except it's not a super natural. So but so Send Help. Uh, trying not to give too much away, but if you've seen the trailer. First of all, Rachel mccaddam has always been beautiful, always very good. She's really good in this movie, like really good as a woman who the trailer kind of makes it appear like she's just a sweet girl and he's just a douche nozzle and and then she he gets his come up ince, you know, but it's way more complicated than that. And then it's and it's not a horror movie, but it's there's scenes that are really really bloody and gory. So it's runs right on that edge of a little bit of drama, a little bit of comedy, and really mostly suspense and and and the horror if you want to call it that really for sure, uh and less you don't like that kind of stuff, I think at bother goths. But but I love Sam Raimi and he always there's so many scenes that I make sure him sitting by the camera with his giant smile on his face saying, you know, gouge the eye a little more into that kind of thing. So it was really nice, refreshing to see a movie that, yeah, it's a little bit of a throwback, but it's exactly what I wanted. It's not a great movie, it's just one of those movies you're like, that was a good movie, and I'm glad of that.
Speaker 7: The reviews on your favorite website are in noo ninety two percent Rotten Tomatoes score and eighty nine percent for the audience score, So good reviews first set help.
Speaker 6: Really nice to see that, because, like I said, it's not in the If I had to pick for the rest of my life either seeing like two and a half hour long Oscar worthy dramas or fun movies that make me smile and get an escape from reality, I would take the escape from reality ten out of ten times. And that's what this is, all right?
Speaker 3: What else comes out this weekend that we should.
Speaker 6: Keep an eye on big news Iron Lung we talked about about two weeks ago from markt Plier, self funded, not a studio, this is this is an anomaly and anyone for people not really in the quote unquote business. This thing is playing on like over three thousand screens. It was originally intended to be on about ten and Marcroplayer was hoping it would get to one hundred, and he's it's almost impossible to explain who market Player is to an older generation. I couldn't eat. I was trying to think of an analogy. The thing I can come up with. I'm older, a little bit older than you guys. When I was a kid, of course, Kiss was a big deal. And Kiss came up with a movie that was going to be on TV called Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park, and every single ten year old in the country was sitting in front of their TV waiting because the Kiss was going to be in a movie. And I realized, that's one hundred percent not a great comparison. The thing I can come up with because every about watch five minutes of it said, this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And this isn't a dumb movie, but it's very It's almost like an artsy but really well done suspense movie that basically it's just marketplier. It's really the only one you see on screen almost your entire movie, which you would think, how can we pull this off? And it works not in a good movie way, but in an attention suspense way. So I had to bring a you guys, you met my son Olt in Vegas? Yeah, I had to bring him along so I could kind of say, all right, you know, tell me what happened here and what's this about? But I'll tell you that the numbers. I'm rambling here, but it's a weird deal to have a self funded, self disputed movie. It's never happened before. That might be number one. If you looked at just the preview numbers from last night the box office, it did what like a forty million dollar movie would do in previews. Wow, it's probably not going to do that because this is one of the movies that everyone in the world wants to run. It be the first one to see so they can go to the internet and talk about it. But it's I don't know what it's going to do. Nobody does. No, you won't see anyone else in predicting box office because they all are shrugging the shoulder saying I don't know what's going to happen. I know.
Speaker 7: You just basically said you don't necessarily like to watch just the two and a half hour dramas that get nominated for Oscars.
Speaker 2: You'd rather have a fun movie.
Speaker 7: But when the Oscar nominations came out last week, did you have a favorite four best picture a movie you like the most?
Speaker 6: Not? Well, I mean I would love to sit here and talk when the movies you like the most from last year. I don't. I honestly can't remember. I didn't see I do remember, I didn't see a lot of the stuff that's on the Oscars there, So I don't. To me, the Oscars and Netflix run right hand in hand as far as how much I care about him, So I always have. Even when I was a kid, I would start watching Oscars and I was a huge movie kid, and I'd be like, I don't know any of the stuff. Everyone's up there just patting each other on the back, talking about how important they are and how they got to keep fighting in good fighters. Like what are you talking about? You make movies, you know, like just talk about movies. So I've never I still the ask were created real quick. This was created in nineteen twenty seven because studios were making movies that nobody was going to see, and so they decided to create an Oscar to give the movie wings. It was literally coordinated that way so that people would then say, oh, this is supposed to be a good movie and go see it. That's truly the origin story of the Oscars, and I don't think it's changed much. So no, I don't have any the Oscars in the Pro Bowl run right next to each other. So as I'm concerned, got it, I've.
Speaker 3: I've only seen one of the ten. One of the ten. Yeah, back in the day, I was trying to see it when it was five a year, I would try to see all five. Now it's ten and I'm one for ten.
Speaker 2: That's not very good. The only one I saw was one battle after another and that was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super good.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 6: There was a time I remember having some Oscar parties back in the nineties where we would have contests and try to pick and then you know, you wouldn't really watch it. We'd have it on and then the winter run anuncer keeping score and it was kind of fun. But even then it didn't really matter. It was just guessing. But but yeah, I think that we've gotten too far. They're not even what the Oskars aren't gonna on TV. I don't know when Grease soon, it's just going to be on YouTube or something like that. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: What do we got in February, next couple of weeks, maybe Valentine's Day? What do we got Valentine's Day?
Speaker 6: Weathering heights which we can talk about when it gets a little closer, there's a and then and then the movie Gult will be interesting to watch. That's the animated film about the animals that play NBA basketball with Steph Curry. I think that's kind of the next big weekend to look at until we get to Scream at the end of February.
Speaker 7: Right on, all right, thanks mister z A later back there, he goes, Chris, I don't know if we did this with you.
Speaker 3: I think we did this with Max. Let me try this with you quick. Here's the ten for best Picture. Tell me if you've seen it, and what do you think. Pagonia with Amma Stone not F one loved it, Frankenstein, have not, Hamnett, have not. Marty Supreme have not one battle after another?
Speaker 6: Loved it?
Speaker 2: Secret Agent, have not. Sentimental value, have not Sinners No.
Speaker 4: No, not Centers, Yes, great and completely original trained dreams.
Speaker 3: Uh no, it's not about Tommy.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't.
Speaker 3: No, So what do you have three F one one battle after another? Sinners?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so you've seen what.
Speaker 3: Battle and they're both great. F one is so good in Sinners No, no, Sirtain. Everybody's raves about Marty Supreme, too.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've tried.
Speaker 3: It sounds like something you'd go Seahawks.
Speaker 4: I've tried, but it looks like a movie about ping pong.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess it's pretty secondary, the ping pong part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's weird. Like I almost went to see uh, the Island movie last night. Yeah, but then I was like, but my couch. Yeah yeah, but they have these pieces at the movie. They do, so I have.
Speaker 2: You would believe how many pieceis I have it home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow, good for you.
Speaker 7: That's the best part about being an adult. When you're a kid, you're like, I want to go to the movie so I can get popcorn. When you're an adults, you're like, I can just buy popcorsts.
Speaker 2: Just pop in the base.
Speaker 3: I don't this blank movie theater pieces.
Speaker 2: Buy him at home.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, man, sometimes you get movie theater popcorn and it ruins you have you guys?
Speaker 10: Do you guys?
Speaker 2: Have that happen very often, like a stomach thing. Yeah, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Mats, it's got to be the butter. Yeah, the butter. Sometimes sodium.
Speaker 4: Because I'm playing jazz in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the tuba ye wud.
Speaker 4: I love going to the movies, though I really do. I need to do it more often. And every time I go to the movies, I leave there going the great Why don't I do this every day?
Speaker 2: And then my couch. Yeah, it's tough because it's I love going to the movies, especially with my wife, but if we get a sitter, I feel like it's a waste of getting a sitter to go and hang out at the movies where we're not talking. So I'd rather than go out to dinner or something like that.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like Chloe could do the babysitting.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: You probably could. Yeah, we'll come back and teenagers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'll be drinking some blattons neat the babysit like, made some decisions, daddy. It's it's your fault you choose to go see Paul Blart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, let's do what really matters. Scores and stats around the world of sports. It's probably by Ovo Lasick and lends. Thanks to Ovo Lasick and Lens go get Lasick from doctor markle Open offer doctor David Whiting.
Speaker 4: But you keep telling me what to do and I'm against that.
Speaker 3: Oh what we all are. But then I'm not saying definitely do it. I'm just saying, go get your free consultations, see what options are. All right, Okay, they got lots of options. We'll do all right.
Speaker 2: They're the best.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: The Wolves beat the Thunder one twenty three to one eleven. The Wolves do his rise to the occasion and then seem to not care about teams that are not as good.
Speaker 5: Do you do?
Speaker 3: You guys have optimism though.
Speaker 7: That that's what this is going to be, is that even though it's frustrating and unprofessional and it sucks that we don't seem to take the regular season super seriously, the last two years they have proven they.
Speaker 2: Can flip the switch and go, oh yeah, sixth seed last year. Yes, celebrate it to the finals for the second.
Speaker 7: Year in a row, whether they trade for Giannis or not, whether that's a pipe dream or not. And I still feel like when we get to the playoffs, we're going to be a handful because we have ants and he's in his prime, and.
Speaker 3: We'll have GI honest and maybe engaged.
Speaker 2: Anthony Edwards, God.
Speaker 3: Me settled down.
Speaker 2: I don't an woman, but yeah, there are not many players better than him.
Speaker 7: When he is focused exactly saw. Today is Friday, January thirtieth of twenty twenty six. Yes, sir, give me your percent chance Jannis is on this team before the trade deadline, which is next Thursday. So this time next week, give me percent chance you believe Jannis is on this team.
Speaker 11: H twenty five. And the reason I say that is the GM is obviously going to make calls. I think they will try and find a willing third team, and that team might be Toronto who would take Jaden and then they would flip a bunch of picks to Milwaukee. I think they're gonna try and find a way to do it because I think the snag on all of this with Golden State is Jimmy Butler is gonna go, I ain't going to Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: You can't like.
Speaker 11: He's the kind of guy that would say I'm not going to Milwaukee. You're not trading me to Milwaukee. So I think that's where Jimmy Butler's gonna help us out. And I think it's twenty five. How do we make the salaries work? And well they can because of I think it's like Julius and Jaden or Nas and Jaden Jaden Is I think what keeps the whole thing together, because if Milwaukee doesn't want him, they can find a team. He's a valuable enough piece that a third team would want him with draft picks. The thing that the Wolves are lacking as draft picks. If they had a bunch of first round picks, I think they would be the leader in the clubhouse because they can give. If they ship Julius and draft picks and then another piece goes somewhere else, I think that will get Milwaukee's attention.
Speaker 2: It's just the depth is the issue. Right when's Terrence Shannon Junior are going to be back? I mean that a lot.
Speaker 3: I think he might be part of a trade too, So it would.
Speaker 2: Be awesome because Giannis is amazing, But giving up a number of players to get one when depth seems to be sort of the issue because of injuries, and yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that. I mean, I'll take it. It will make it? Does that make them at right now? There they are? They can compete with Oklahoma City. They can compete.
Speaker 3: One of the main reasons they can compete is they have a starter in nas Reed. Come off their beds, right, he would probably be part of it somehow, right.
Speaker 2: I don't love that.
Speaker 3: But if you had a Yiannis, if you were guaranteed he would be healthy the rest of the season, that's a absolute force thing would have, especially if you had Rudy.
Speaker 7: To think of how many people if nas Reed gets traded in Milwaukee, how many people with nas Reed tattoos to have a Bucks player tattooed on their body.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: This is pretty damn clever. Do you guys remember the movie Claudie with a Chance of Meatballs A million times? Yeah, Okay, there's a s there's a giant food storm. Right during the food storm, they show Mount Rushmore and Mount Rushmore is getting hit with pies and he hits each one of the presidents in the face one, two, three, Abraham Lincolns gets hit in the back of the head. I'm looking at them watching it right now.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 4: I'm watching it right now, and that, of course is because you got hit in the back of the head by the bullet. I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 2: That's pretty dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look it up.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I'm great.
Speaker 7: You were just going to say that, you know that A couple of them got pied, which was like a political statement, like they weren't as great as presidents as you thought. I didn't think it would be a pie to the back of the head. Geez hey, it's okay, too soon, Yeah, is too.
Speaker 2: Soon for Lincoln.
Speaker 4: And by the way it hits them, Oh my god, it hits them so hard that some of the cream from the pie. Oh my god, Oh my gosh, that is comes out as nostrils.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: You got to see this is this real.
Speaker 2: Other than that? Missus Lincoln?
Speaker 3: How is the pie?
Speaker 8: Jeez, I'm trying to watch it, but this computer has a dialogue. You should ask mister Lincoln. Yeah, oh my, that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's aggressive.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Easter eggs are the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and you know they.
Speaker 4: They didn't since they thought it was funny.
Speaker 7: No one's admitted, right, that's right. It's just something someone noticed. Again as kids would never notice, kids wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: Just put it in there. Yeah, here's giggling right now, exactly.
Speaker 3: Sean Manon.
Speaker 7: Former Vikings quarterback Sean Manyon is getting hired to be the Eagles offensive coordinator. Now you may be saying, didn't he just play for the Vikings. Yeah, not that long ago, years ago. He is thirty three years old.
Speaker 3: That was shocking. I thought he would be like forty five. He has spent the last couple of years with the Packers as an assistant, most recently the quarterbacks coach for the Packers. Nine seasons as a quarterback in the NFL, but barely played, and I mean barely. His career numbers sixty seven of one hundred and ten, one touchdown, three interceptions, five hundred and seventy three yards.
Speaker 2: So just a career backup.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: Made a lot of money. Played nine years.
Speaker 7: Right, had three separate stints with the Vikings off and on between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty three. Right practice squad, active, roster cut, kind of all that kind of stuff. But he was a third round pick of the Saint Louis Rams in twenty fifteen. But now he is thirty three years old and almost going straight into coaching. He's going to be the OC of the Eagles. For him, it was a career backup, not that long.
Speaker 3: But you know the game.
Speaker 2: You know the game, that's right. What really matters though, is this so.
Speaker 4: During dumb and dumber.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: The Fairly Brothers would have the actors do two script it takes and then let them improvise some and Peter Fairley asked him, it's about fifteen percent of the movie was ad lib. One five yeah, one five yeah. The two of the most famous ad lib scenes. The most annoying sound of the world. And we've landed on the.
Speaker 3: Moon, which is insane.
Speaker 7: By the way, I just saw this yesterday, the gal that is that plays that secret agent or whatever or the double sitting at the bar with yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw an Instagram reel.
Speaker 7: Of her saying that that line was ad lib that Jim Carrey just looked at that headline that said man on the Moon goes no way way and she said the hardest part of that scene was because it was improvd and they weren't ready for it. Is it was brilliant, and everybody had to try so hard to not break because they didn't know that line was coming. So they all had to not laugh because it was so good. They're like, we got to hope this stays in the movie. And he improved it and it's one of the best lines of the entire movie.
Speaker 2: It's so great.
Speaker 3: But no way. The way he says no way is so good. Way that he looks back that it's so good, it's good. And then he just he's walking the stairs just goes Yes, he's so pumped.
Speaker 7: So and again when they that shot of the entire bar, if that's all in one take? Is even if that because they do cut away right this the shot gets wider. No one's flinching, So it's like, if that's the exact same take. Man, the fact that nobody broke, how do you not laugh yet? It's your job.
Speaker 2: It's still the minute they say cut that, everyone, I'm sure just lost it the best.
Speaker 3: It's so good. More of what really matters after this, This is the Power Tram Morning Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 2: Tune in today.
Speaker 8: At eight fifteen to catch HGTV's Matt Minster I see plays the Initials game and you can see Matt all week and long at the Minneapolis Home and Remodeling Show today through Sunday at us Banks Stadium. Get the details in your tickets today at Minneapolis Home and remodelingshow dot Com.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pitch him on a new show to Yeah you guys said, I want to run by you guys first and see if you think it could be stupid to do this on air. But I have a really but I think is a good idea for a show. Go on reality show. You know how he was like, he go fix people's bathroom. Sure, bath crashers, Yeah, I'm gonna ruin them if.
Speaker 2: He's going to fix them. So you're gonna go to see.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm gonna go to Sauce's house a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go get some popcorn, eat spaghetti yep, and then have at it yea, and then Matt cleans it up.
Speaker 4: It's a mix of fear factor and bath crasher.
Speaker 7: So Matt's not doing any renovation, He's just doing janitorial services.
Speaker 4: Well he doesn't know, okay, secretly before mister Minster got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it our entry way bathroom, the one that coming in from the garage. Yeah. I swear people save it up just to come over and just back all the thing because it's just it looks like someone shot gravy out of a T shirt gun. Who know it? Just would we have people over?
Speaker 5: I don't like.
Speaker 3: If we're downstairs, someone goes up, yeah and it's it's all good. But if we're out of town, yeah, if if Grandpa's watching Chloe, I feel like that thing takes a beating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's interesting because I think it's is it now Tuesdays or Wednesdays that the salespeople are in most times?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: You know, don't know.
Speaker 4: Mondays you go in the bathroom, be like, that's fine. On Tuesdays you walk, It's like, what has happened?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: Did Own Country Buffet open the floor above us?
Speaker 2: I hope it is?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: What Chloe's in the in the toy the toilet after Grandpa's done with it?
Speaker 2: The choose you choose to.
Speaker 3: Plumbing Grandpa, you.
Speaker 2: Choosed to eat a bunch of dads Indy caps.
Speaker 3: No, andy capps fries are so good. They're fantastic. Sorry you haven't had those?
Speaker 2: They're great? What did you call them?
Speaker 3: Andy capps?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, play is that? If you want to see devastation, though I got it, it took me a minute. If you want to see devastation, go to a national park and go to some of these. There's one a Yellowstone that honestly looked like someone dumped a bunch of gear and Delly chocolate melted all over.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I walked out and the lady was walking in. I said, wasn't us Because Chloe was with to they knew it wasn't beat that.
Speaker 4: Oh, the first porta John's during a marathon because they're about I don't know, three thousand people who are faster than you, and thirty of them ate something wrong before the marathons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why does everyone die?
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: You know, there's so many people who were like over carb before, the night before or whatever, and sometimes it looks like they go in there and they don't just do the HP method. They do the let's see if we can reach the ceiling yet. Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Can I add one?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: And I'm gonna just say that. The city, Yeah, and I think you'll know right away. Cadot Wisconsin music festivals. Yeah, even the vip rout bathrooms. Oh yeah, which the one I used. It was the only time I've ever taken a number two without a stall door. Oh boy, that was it was like I'm trying to keep my pants and everything else off the floor. Yeah, because the floor is covered and I was hoping Derek Dwight's dream, but not like oh god, no, striking.
Speaker 2: The final show is just doubled. There.
Speaker 4: Just how do we start talking about that? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Matt Minster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TV crashers, Yeah yeah yeah, bathroom that's it. Yeah, spackle.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is impossible.
Speaker 2: But let's take a shot. The American Gaming Association.
Speaker 7: They are predicting a twenty seven percent increase on this year's Super Bowl betting. That's at least in legal sports books with the thirty nine states in DC.
Speaker 2: Others are saying.
Speaker 7: It's going to be less than that because the matchup's not as exciting as last year because.
Speaker 3: Last year had what Eagles chiefs?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Was that last year? Yep?
Speaker 3: Yep. So they're saying, eh, I don't see that big of a.
Speaker 7: Jump, not because there aren't thirty nine states in DC, just but the interest level might be lower. Make interesting, you see exactly what do they expect though? The amount of money bet through legal sports.
Speaker 3: Books in the United States, say around two billion sauce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a good number. One point five billion, one point three one.
Speaker 7: Point seven six, whoa Christopher, one point seven six is their guess.
Speaker 2: That's their guess. Uh, I'm not going to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: This year.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad everybody else is. You know, we should find a way to do it. On the show, we do it as like a group.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that won't count for that number. No, I know, we gotta help.
Speaker 2: We got to help that number get to two billion.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: What really matters though, is this Harold and Kumar.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to go to krispy Kreme, but krispy Kreme said no, thank you. They didn't want to be associated with kids getting high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, krispy Kreme made a lot of mistakes they did. Krispy Kreme stole a lot of good donuts, they did hundred they STI.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they really do. But still think of you go twenty years back. They made a lot of mistakes. Yeah, lots White Castle over like I suppose themselves. They were everywhere. They were in gas stations, they were everywhere. They're good. They're really good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was always obsessed with them and wanted them because we couldn't. At basic training, you go through to get your food, and then there were Krispy Kremes, but you can't have them. They're there, I think just to mess with you. Really, Yeah, and so just I always wanted them, and then when they arrived here, I was like, hell yeah, I waited in line, had them and they're great. But there's no doughnut on the face of this planet that is worth waiting in an hour and a half line for that.
Speaker 3: Disagreed, Yeah you did.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest mistake in my life. I'm also a middle aged man. Yeah, so I would.
Speaker 2: I don't have time.
Speaker 3: They're a plus. I just need more time weed ear But in you what did you say, Kron's mom? What do you I think? I said, Crans Montaigne. I think that's like a type of martial arts in Switzerland.
Speaker 7: Though, Lindsay Vaughan crashed in her final downhill race before the Olympics and was airlifted from the course Oh God for medical checks. But it's still unclear how bad off it is, and according to this story, unclear whether or not it's going to impact her actual Olympics.
Speaker 3: She had to be helped up after about five minutes limp to a tent.
Speaker 7: So again, she limped to a tent, it wasn't life and death for medical attention before being airlifted away by helicopter. So I mean, you don't want to be airlifted. But I mean, I don't know exactly mountains maybe, so don't know. But after the crash, like you mentioned earlier, one of you guys mentioned that it was like three crashes out of the first five or six racers, they just canceled the whole test runt like this isn't working.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody was crashing. What the hell? Well, yeah, hopefully she's okay.
Speaker 3: She ended up tangled in the safety nets on the upper portion of the course.
Speaker 2: Not ideal.
Speaker 3: Not ideal. She's forty one trying to kick some ass. What really matters, though, is this this.
Speaker 4: Chronologically doesn't make sense to me, So Zach, get ready to look this up for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: The movie Best In Show, which is so good, fantastic Christopher Guest comedy documentary about dog shows.
Speaker 3: How much do you think I'd bet?
Speaker 6: So good?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 4: NBC supports is John Miller watched the movie and found the entire concept and setting so hilarious that he started broadcasting the National Dog Show every Thanksgiving since two thousand and two. I have in my brain that that's been happening forever, but it hasn't.
Speaker 2: They don't know.
Speaker 4: They haven't been shown the National Dog Show on NBC like after the Parade for Effort.
Speaker 2: On Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and two. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that, So in Chris's mind it may be mine even as well.
Speaker 3: It was it like on a different network before that, because clearly in the movie they are mocking the actual broadcast extra broadcast. Yeah, so maybe just the NBC tradition started to know two should that movie be on my list?
Speaker 7: It's really funny, very dry, you'll get that. It's your kind of humor shows, hilarious, It's brilliant from start to finish. Catherine O'Hara is a plus and a Eugene Levy is so good. Catherine Hare's character is a great ye a mess. Yeah, well is that the one where husband has two left feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she.
Speaker 3: Banged everybody, everybody everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: And then the guy, the guy goes that guy have two left feet.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: Fred Willard is he steals everything.
Speaker 2: That was the joke about Delman Young playing left field is that like the way he ran it looked like he had two left feet. And Fred Willard says.
Speaker 11: How much do you think I bench press and the straight guy. The bit goes, I have no idea, it just goes.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: How much of that you think was ad Oh, because a lot of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it felt like most of it, especially those scenes, it felt like he was just winging it and he just found the funniest jokes.
Speaker 2: He just, man, that was good.
Speaker 3: Three twenty five and he just says the number. It's so good. Oh, Fred Willard is a plus and rip right.
Speaker 2: Didn't he die? Uh?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he died in the last handful of years.
Speaker 4: You don't know what we're talking about. He's also the director in Anchorman. He's not the director like the Boss.
Speaker 3: What is also Phil Dunfee's dad on My Family?
Speaker 8: That's yeah, there's a reopens the show the show every days.
Speaker 4: Yeah he dies, you're right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. Anchorman great points.
Speaker 4: Beston show was almost entirely improvised, with actors creating their own dialogue based on a roughly sixteen page narrative outline.
Speaker 7: Got it so they they all knew their characters, they all knew the point of the scene. But then they add So it's not unlike Curb. There was no Curve script.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and Christopher Guest is great when he's talking about walnuts.
Speaker 3: And yeah, man MCA Damian Amy and the lad Yeah, so special level of Taallent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jennifer Coolidge is great. That's gotta be so much more fun to be a part of, too. Rather than just sticking absolutely to the script, is coming up with something on your own agreed, Yeah, and showing that you really as far as the prep, you have to know that character inside and we have to create it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like literally, wow, that's great.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're gonna be in Philadelphia for forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: How many tea tastings can you go?
Speaker 6: To?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 10: So good?
Speaker 2: They're great.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gonna go back and watch that great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, the news in a second, Matt Minster in like fifteen minutes, Parish is on his way in, Marnie's on her way, and we'll play initials a little over an hour from now, and one of you gets a crack at one hundred and eight thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a real number.
Speaker 2: Find another radio show that potentially gives away.
Speaker 7: One hundred thousand plus. This morning, we're the only ones. Maybe today's to day. We'll see at eight fifteen.
Speaker 3: This is the Power Tree Morning Show. On the fan