Speaker 1: Want the latest money in business news, then open your ears and enjoy. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Already genis Cervetti with us this morning and Bloomberg here a global food giant cutting thousands of jobs.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it, well, Steve, this is Nesle. They planned to cut sixteen thousand jobs. The food giant said these cuts them out to about six percent of the workforce. Now, Nesley's third quarter sales did rise and beat expectations. The gains were driven in part by the higher prices that we're paying at the store. Nesley makes everything from candy to pet food to coffee, but it's looking at cutting costs and selling underperforming units under a new CEO.
Speaker 2: Steve already in Canada, of all places, threatening legal action against a major car maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Canada has threatened legal action against Stilantis after the carmaker announced it's canceling plans to make the Jeep Compass SUV in Ontario. Instead, it's moving that production to Illinois, and Canada's industry minister said she would consider Stilantis in default in light of government support extended to the carmaker.
Speaker 2: Already less than ninety minutes from the start of the market.
Speaker 4: What are you seeing?
Speaker 3: Well? Right now it's looking like a higher Wall Street open down, futures up forty seven s and B futures up twenty and Nasdaq futures are up one seventeen from Bloomberg. Gina Servetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Thanks Gina.
Speaker 2: It's eight eleven on seven hundred WLW, Thursday morning. I always get to talk to Gary Sullivan on Tom Burnaman Show, our National Home Improvement Expert Saturdays and Sunday mornings and fifty five KRC. Gary Sullivan, Good morning. How are you more than Steve?
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm still here and I get to talk to you, so my day is even better.
Speaker 4: We'll put you to over there you go.
Speaker 5: It's fall, it's autumn, it's.
Speaker 2: It's chili that time of year, getting jul What projects should we be looking at around our home this time of year?
Speaker 4: You know a lot of.
Speaker 6: Times, Steve, we start talking about all these big projects like we do in a kitchen or a bathroom and stuff.
Speaker 4: But there's there's a there's hundreds of little.
Speaker 6: Tiny things you can do this time of year that will kind of really help you out, maybe save you some money. Uh, maybe you have a little healthier environment inside our home during a cold winter months. And the first one would be something as simple as changing the filter on your furnace. That's easy, it's so easy, but I always have to talk about it because people I still talk to people, they go like.
Speaker 4: There's a filter. Yeah, there's a filter. And there's all different kinds too.
Speaker 6: So the just flat type filter inexpensive, less than a buck, change them every thirty days. Depleted filters every ninety days, and.
Speaker 4: There's even degrees.
Speaker 6: They're called MERV ratings on how how how big of particles they filter out. You can get a nerve reading of about fourteen, which actually filter out viruses. They also have some a little bit of a drawback too, and in terms of decreasing the airflow through the home.
Speaker 4: So maybe when it gets below.
Speaker 6: Zero you switch that out to just a regular five dollars pleated filter every ninety days. MERV rating about a five or six does a great job, bottom line, change it all right.
Speaker 2: I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is going on for people who aren't changing their filter?
Speaker 6: Well, what happens? That's a great question too. It just restricts all the airflow because the filter's clogged. So you're restricting the airflow. You can't satisfy the thermostat Okay, So what happens is your furnace works harder, harder and doesn't shut down. So it's costing you a ton of money. It's also not real good on the furnace itself. All right, what I gutter clean out. Look at all those beautiful leaves, they're all going to end up on your roof, you're lawn and in your gutters and going into winter time or whenever there's snow, ice, rain, you want all that water move around away from the foundation. Everybody talks about it, not all of us do anything about it. But I'd like to take it a step further. Once the leaves have fallen, you get those gutters cleaned out, Let's get a hose up there and run the water down the down spout. And if you have a connected to a pipe that takes the water underground, make sure that water's coming out the other side of the pipe. A lot of times they're clogged. Also a lot of times the pipe's broken, it's crushed. So you'll really learn a lot of just putting a hose down the down spout and making sure the water's getting to the other side.
Speaker 2: All right, I was going to ask you about the torn weather stripping doors and thresholds. I gotta do this from the garage going into the house. But how important is that torn weather stripping.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, if you got kids, probably got torn weather stripping.
Speaker 4: They love to pick at the foam and the vinyl and all.
Speaker 6: That, but even over time they wear, they split, they crack. Very important because if it's not a tight seal and you have one of those lovely Cincinnati days of you know, like twelve degrees in the morning, shouldn't that far off that air is coming in your home and that's costing you money. And I don't know about you, but I've been a little startled by the energy bill the last couple of months. So anything we can do to kind of seal things up around the sides of the doors, at the top of the doors, the bottom of the door, if that weather stripping is torn or missing, and you can see daylight, you know, a sunny day right now coming through there, there's like door sweeps that can be screwed right onto the door itself. And our vinyl flap would meet the threshold or the floor, and then even the threshold where the door sits. There's usually a little.
Speaker 4: Rubble rubber vinyl bulb.
Speaker 6: That goes across. Those are usually replaceable. You can just pull them out. There's about six different styles. Take them to the hardware storing, get a new one.
Speaker 2: And you're talking seals there. What about the garage door seal? Is that important this time?
Speaker 4: You hear it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was last time you changed yours?
Speaker 2: When some varmint got in my garage and shooting that he sewed his way out exactly and that's why you want to change him.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Good again, Just take a quick look and see, you know, I mean, they get brittle, they get torn, varmints eat them, mice get in the house, and it's a really you know, it's it's a good thing to pay attention to. The one really neat thing is clope garage doors use the same seal they've used since the thirties.
Speaker 5: Wow, And that's not really hard to change, isn't It's not?
Speaker 6: I mean it's very very simple, but it can be difficult. Sometimes it requires a requires a couple pair of hands to keep it straight. Wipe that track down real good. You might even get like a hair iron, warm up that vinyl seal just to get it supple where you can slide it in their little silicon spray it gonna hurt you it all either.
Speaker 2: Well, while we're talking about garage doors, what about lubricating the tracks or the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the door.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, garage doores breakdown during highs and lows. So in the middle of the summer in July went is real hot. In the middle of January when it's blow zero, that's usually when they start having problems. And of course lubrication of the wheels that ride in the track. That that's really key. The problem is is people use all kinds of things in those tracks. They use grease, which is a total one percent. No, no, they use like a real real refined oil. No, not gonna last very long. Get a rag mineral spirits, Wipe the track down real good, and get like a silicone there's a brand Blaster lubricants. They have actual garage door lubricant which is kind of a silicone teflon combo, and just spray the track, move it up and down, and you only got to do it maybe twice a year doing them, you know, you know, like right now, be perfect, Yeah, and then next spring would be the second time. And keep it lubricate after you do the tracks and the wheels, make sure you do the hinges the spring.
Speaker 4: Just lubricate up.
Speaker 6: It'll be quieter too, so you'll get added benefits there.
Speaker 5: All right, a couple more.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Gary Sullivan, national home improvement Expert, Saturday Sunday mornings fifty five. Care see this time of year, and I usually do this when the time changes in a couple of weeks, test the smoke to protector and carbon monoxide detector.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I always wonder how many people really do that. They just hear it because we do it every year. We tell people to do it. But you know a smoke detector is good for ten years. Yeah, yeah, how many people really date those? Many people really pay attention to them. It's one of those things. It's like insurance, right, yep.
Speaker 5: You only need it when you need it, but change it.
Speaker 2: Changing the batteries at twice a year is absolutely it's good with the time change.
Speaker 6: It just reminds sure. Sure, I'm not discounting that fact at all, but yeah. In fact I do. I do mine in the fall. I do it once a year, yeah, but once it's better or none. And some of these batteries, now they left a long time use an inexpensive cheap batteries. You know, twice a year was fine, But how she used some of these new age batteries. I'm telling them once a year is plenty. But make sure that it works. There's a test button on there. If it doesn't work, it's probably dirty. You can take off the face plate of that, take your vacuum and just vacuum the dust out of it. If it's over ten years old, replace it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and get some professional to do it so you don't mess it up. Hey, Gary, thanks so much for talking to us.
Speaker 4: You bet you.
Speaker 5: Tom will be back next Thursday to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Gary Sullivan this morning on seven hundred WLW, thanks so much. It's coming up on eight twenty now. Chuck Ingram's in here, Chuck looking at traffic. Yes, sight, Yes, we've been looking at this this morning. Halloween candy that matches your zodiac sign according to an astrologer. I'm up to Gemini, Are you are? And what do the Gemini seat? Sour patch kids. Is what you're supposed to do is this? First they're sour, then they're sweet. I guess that's what geminis are. Huh, sour than sweet? How nice?
Speaker 5: Yep, that was a couple of dates also in high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And where do you get these articles?
Speaker 5: I just make them up?
Speaker 4: Why wee?
Speaker 2: I get up at three thirty and just start making stuff. Uh, you're not making up traffic, are you?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. I don't need to. There's plenty of it out there. What's going on? From the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy one, crews are working to clear a couple of accidents. What a Fields tirdle that's on the right hand side. I'm no longer seeing a delay that got by the brake lights start close to Feiffer down Torec number two, which is at Redbank on the left hand side. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Wakland in Bend seventy four from just above Montana to the seventy five ramp and northbound seventy five from Buttermilk into the Cut and again out of Saint Bernard Pass. The lateral cruise continue to work with a wreck on river at State chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW the.
Speaker 5: Nine first one a weather forecast center. Great day for football.
Speaker 2: That's right, it looks like sunshine will get near seventy today. Tailgating Tonight in the sixties. Kickoff for the Bengals Steelers eight to fifteen going to be clear and fifty seven degrees as we roll down to forty five overnight and then tomorrow to kick off the weekend. Partly cloudy. Skuy's could be dry and seventy tomorrow. We'll take it. It's fifty around the tri State at year severe weather station News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 4: The best Bengals covery Rocky Tonight.
Speaker 7: The Bengals take on the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Night football. Pittsburgh is threatening to run away with the NFC North. They've won three consecutive games. I'm still not sure how good they are, so there's my question, how good.
Speaker 4: Of the sea.
Speaker 8: Look The last time is Steelers loss here at home or at the Bengals was twenty twenty one, so you always keep that in your head. I think you know they've obviously they have won three straight. So you pointed that they beat Minnesota, who absolutely boat raced the Bengals, so that's good. They're number two in the NFL and sacks, number two in takeaways. So do I think they're a dominant team that's going to go on a Super Bowl run? No, But I think they have the pieces, and I think they have the mindset that just you know, the Mike tomlin Way have just grind out some victories, and you have a quarterback who's has more experience than Joe Flacco, So you know, you add all those things together and I think they're again, not not a world beater type of team, but but I think they are a good team.
Speaker 4: What do you think. I think they're.
Speaker 7: Tough to play on a week to week basis. I do not take them seriously as bona fide championship contenders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and I think that's fair.
Speaker 8: But yeah, we just this particular week, this Thursday night, is certainly a tough opponent.
Speaker 7: Eight fifteen Bengals and Steelers from pay Corpse Stadium pregame coverage on seven hundred w WELW begins at three o'clock with Rocky Boyman on Moeger.
Speaker 5: Michelle is not out. Good morning, Michelle, How.
Speaker 9: Are you morning?
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 2: I love listening to you and Tom every week about this time talking about what to do in Cincinnati. You guys break it out, family, date night, and singles. So depending on what you gotta do this weekend or who you're doing it with, let's start with family this morning.
Speaker 4: Is that all right?
Speaker 5: All right, I've got it for the love of kids?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 9: Okay? So this is a beach Acres event and it's at Washington Park on Sunday noon to four and it's this family fun zoo, animals, circus performers, music, and free pizza. I mean, if that doesn't get you right there, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What does free pizza.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go to that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Next is International Friendship Day. That's not a Friendship park, which is right in my front yard. I love this park. It's at the end by the boat House by Emery in Ye. That's Saturday eleven to two and there is multicultural booths all kinds of international entertainment, food and activities.
Speaker 5: And it's supposed to be great looking weather for that day.
Speaker 4: Too, right, that's what I saw.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is great stuff, okay, and then the next two are really fun.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: So there's the Salt Festival. I've never heard of this. This is at Boneleck State Park in Union, Kentucky, and you can learn about the early settlers and salt making, archery, tomahawk throwing, food, live music. And this is Friday nine to three, Saturday ten to six, and Sunday ten to five.
Speaker 5: That's called the Salt Festival.
Speaker 4: You're right now. I haven't heard about that either.
Speaker 9: I haven't either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe got three days to get to Big bone Lick State Park talking to hey, Michelle family. Stuff to do this weekend. This one's a good one. The Country Pumpkin Fall Fest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, the list of activities on this one was huge. I didn't narrow it down. This is in dry Ridge. They have giant slides, fairy Tale Trail, mini mazes, hay rides, adventure barn. They have a chunkin pumpkins, So chuck pumpkins. It's a good time right there, right, Yeah, and yeah, and tons more so. This is open I think every day. But Tuesday, and this is open through November one.
Speaker 5: What a fairy tale trail is I think they.
Speaker 9: Do the characters is what I think kind of thing. That's what I'm envisioning. At least they have to go.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 2: That's great stuff, great stuff for the family they can do. And so again you and Tom break this up to family date night people, and then singles. We're up to date night. I guess we got a big one that can be happening tonight.
Speaker 9: I know this is, yep, the Bengals and Steelers tonight. You know, if you have a ticket, you can go to the game. If not, they have the block party at the banks and all the activities going on before the game, and there's so many places to watch the game down there too, So that would be ye a good one. Let's see what happens with that.
Speaker 4: Yeps.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think we have a broadcasting life three to six thirty there at the Holy Grail. Lance and his guys Rocky Mo. I think they're all going to be there, but perfect, yea perfect there. What on earth is charm at the farm?
Speaker 9: Okay? So I put this in the date area. This could be singles a date. This is a huge shopping event in lovin In and it's on this big farm. It's really pretty and there are people vendors from all over. This is a great way to start your Christmas shopping at you're one of those people who like to do it early. But they also have music and food vendors and everything. And this goes on all weekends, starting Friday at three thirty to seven, Saturday nine to four, and Sunday ten to three. It's a really it's Lebanon. It's just so pretty out there is a.
Speaker 5: Whole the whole city. Is that where it's at.
Speaker 9: No, it's on this farm, on a fall farm, Lebanon.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 2: When I when I saw this next one, I about fell over because I can't believe it's time for hockey ciplones ho you either, It's kicking off this weekend.
Speaker 9: I can't believe it. Yeah, Saturday seven thirty against the Wheeling Nailers. I always love the names of the teams, and this could be a cheap date for you because it's also the two dollars hot dog beer and soda night, So I mean that's perfect. Yeah. I love the Cyclones. They're so funny and they always do so well, so they're, you know, our one team also that gets us somewhere a lot. And speaking of another team that gets us somewhere FCC Yes, So this is their final regular season Saturday six and yes, and they always have a really good pregame festivity situation down at Washington Park. That's where they kick off and the Bailey people they kick you off from there and take you to the stadium and they just clinch the playoffs. So that is fantastic news. I know, I love them.
Speaker 2: In this town, the Reds and Bengals gets so much. But we've got college basketball, we got the Cyclones there, we got fcc FC Cincinnati. It's just wonderful. All the sporting events that you can go to another one for date night. What is Dixon's violin?
Speaker 9: Okay, this kept popping up, so I had to dig into it. And this is at Northside Tavern Friday at seven point thirty. It's a ticketed event, but this sounds incredible when I looked up this guy. It's like an electric violin, but they say his music is like magic. He's at a claim violin. It's known to mesmerize his audience. So I would definitely put this on your list, and I would grab a ticket quick because they are advertising it around town like crazy and it looks really really cool.
Speaker 2: And that's that's north Side town tonight tonight seven, Friday night.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Friday night. What am I thinking?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well feels like Friday.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking to Hey, Michelle always on Tom Brenneman on Thursday mornings at this time.
Speaker 5: Now we're up to singles.
Speaker 2: Things you can do by yourself if you don't have a date or family, I guess, or just.
Speaker 9: Want to grab your girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just want to go out with Yeah, what is Paint your pet?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 9: This looks so fun. So you know they have these paint and SIPs that you can paint scenes and you know things like that. Well this one and this guy is helping you paint your pet. So he's actually if you send your you have to do it quick. This is Saturday at twelve thirty, but I think you send your pictures to him and he'll sketch out your pet and then when you go. It's a Third Eye Brewing, which is a great little brewery out here in like the Shearonville area, Trek County area and then you go and paint your pet and you can do it in any style you want, but he kind of guides you through painting your dog or cat or bird or whatever you have.
Speaker 5: But it's a ticketed event for Saturday.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, so get yeah, because I think he needs your pictures early to help you sketch it out. So yeah, look into that. And it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. October is and so Making Strides Walk is Saturday at eight thirty down and eats the eight Men's Coat. So if you walk in the morning or run in the morning, you as we'll make it, you know, towards the cause and do it down there and run the river.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's for a great cause. We need to help out there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: One thing, I've had a couple of tacos this week because it is like the eighth eight Old Taco week.
Speaker 4: Tell us about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so wraps up this weekend, so all around town you get two dollars and fifty cent tacos and tons of spots. Some of my favorites baker Field, PoTA, Roja, maszooonte Alba, Reel up in Mount Adams. The list is huge, and you know, taco every day, not just Tuesdays.
Speaker 5: I like, I'm going to write that one down. Taco every day, not just Tuesday.
Speaker 2: For those of us that like music, there's some concerts in comedy coming up this week, so.
Speaker 9: These would be great too. So Brandy and Monica, this is like a throwback to the nineties. R and B. They're at Heritage Banks, so this is a big one. And this is tonight. And Herbie Hancock. I haven't heard about him in a while, but he's a Taft Theater on Friday, yep. And then there's some comedy which I always have to slow down on these names. Ali Sedek he's at the Taft on Saturday, and he's a really good storytelling comedian. He's got a lot of history and I guess he's just a funny guy. And then there's kamal Okay Practices and Johnny which I do know. I do know his name, but I knew when I read this it was gonna be a ton twister jokes on me. This is at the Taft tonight and he's an Emmy Award winning show from Silicon Valley and he's been in a lot of movies. Yeah, he's a well known guy. So that would be a fun one to do tonight if you don't.
Speaker 4: Have any plans. Yeah, and what's his name again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean thank thank you very much. That's really funny. God, you're like the big brother.
Speaker 2: I don't need there you go, and uh, you got a ticket for on sale for the November eleventh gig at Gilligans.
Speaker 4: Tell us about this.
Speaker 9: Yes, I do hanging with Hay Michelle. I do it once a month and we go on new restaurants and bars, and this one at Gilligans and Gilligans on the Green and Wyoming and they have west Side Brewing in there and we're doing a four course dinner beer tasting. And I have a link to the tickets in my bio on my Instagram, which is hey Michelle one all right, or on Facebook, or you can just check out Gillians and they.
Speaker 4: Have it also. All right.
Speaker 5: Tom always asks you what are you going to be doing at these time?
Speaker 9: He does, you know? I have one hundred and one year old mother, so I'm hanging out with her this weekend. This is my weekend with mom. It'll be a low key one love one.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey Michelle, I love talking to you Tom. We'll be back next Thursday to talk.
Speaker 9: To you, Okay, awesome, great, have a good weekend, and to thanks.
Speaker 5: So much, hey Michelle on seven hundred w l WD. I learned so much.
Speaker 2: And I find out places to go and things to do on the weekend, so I learn a lot there, as you do on Tom Burnaman's show.
Speaker 5: Before we do traffic checking in here this morning, still just just are you there?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: You go, oh, sure, we were doing this thing. I've got a couple more. I don't know. I thought you may have taken nap No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I joined right back in when Michelle said paint your pet, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: I had this idea of a roller and a pain.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, yeah that's what I thought. But she explained it, Yes, she did better. Homes and Gardens have a story that we've been talking about all morning. The Halloween candy that matches your zodiac sign. According to an astrologer, Yes, up to cancer, and that is Eminem's. If you're sign is cancer, that's what you should be doing.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: This star sign enjoys their routine, and I guess Eminem's are pretty much routine. Okay, this you should be a Leo because it's Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's one of my favorites. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and why since their shape looks like a sun, they assigned Reese's peanut buttercups to Leo.
Speaker 5: That kind of makes sense. Zodiac sign ruled by the sider sour patch.
Speaker 1: Whatever you said was for airs, warheads, warheads were for for aries.
Speaker 5: I'm not even sure I've ever had a warhead.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: One more here, and we'll pick up on this tomorrow morning. U Virgo is smarties? Now those little candies. Yeah, it says here. The perfect size of the candies and how they line up on a row. It's just so neat. I guess Virgos need to be neat. Oh they love everything in its proper place.
Speaker 4: Icy.
Speaker 1: There you go, Virgos, and they would be Lifesavers would be good too, because they at least the fruit.
Speaker 4: Well, you just can't make up your own list. Why not?
Speaker 5: This is better holding garden?
Speaker 4: Yeah they did, didn't they?
Speaker 2: I got somewhere about half. We'll do some more tomorrow morning. How is traffic winding up this morning?
Speaker 4: We'll try to get better. But unfortunately, an accident.
Speaker 1: He's been two seventy five before you get to seventy five in Sharonville. Is not allowing that to happen? What lanes are blocked off? This from the UCE Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online at UCHealth dot com. Traffic's now backing up close to Winton because of that wreck northbound two to seventy five. I'm seeing some slow traffic coming out of Milford that's partly due to an accident. After you get past twenty eight that's on the left shoulder northbound seventy five. Slow go out of Erlinger into the cut in bound seventy four. Just a few break lights left from Montana to the seventy five ramp and southbound seventy five. That continues heavy through Lachland. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW all right.
Speaker 2: Theing WCPO nine First Warning Weather Forecast Center, presented by Jennifer Ketchmark says, We're going to have ample sunshine for your Thursday afternoon. It's a seasonal fall day, sunny, great near seventy tonight tailgating you're going to be in the sixties. And then kick off tonight for Bengals and Steelers at eight fifteen. Going to be clear and fifty seven degrees tomorrow, Partley, cloudy, sky's high seventy all right, still fifty around the tri State at your severe weather station. News Radio seven hundred WLW are Bengals coverage kicking off about three o'clock this afternoon, right right here on the whole of the best Bengals coverage. News Radio seven hundred WLW