Speaker 1: Because the people need to know.
Speaker 2: Mack and I did see Supergirl early, and we will give you a spoiler free discussion right now. Short on should you see Supergirl in theater? Should you wait? Should you even bother?
Speaker 1: Mac? I will ask you right now, one word answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, and whether they should see it her or not.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's worthy of the big screen experience. I think it's a really good movie. I don't know if it's great. The characters are here. Here's my takeaway, and maybe I'll tease the episode our review of it this way. Millie Alcock's Kara Zorrel Supergirl I like more as a character than David korn Sweat as Clark Slash Superman. Now, I liked Superman more as a movie, but her character is just cooler.
Speaker 2: So what I like about it is that it is a great counter to what we just got with Superman. Yeah, it's a great ying yang of one side is this? One side?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: One side is Goss g Willakers. One side is super jaded and I love them both being on the screen together. I also really enjoyed in this movie. I thought the world building, the DC world building was fantastic.
Speaker 4: The world building was really good. It rounds out our Superman story that we got and also is going to lead into future DC and Superman stories. There is a teenage actor in this that plays sort of second fiddle to Kyra slash Supergirl, and I gotta.
Speaker 3: Say she was really good.
Speaker 1: I thought she was good.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 2: But I'm kind of sick of that in the superhero movies of you have the younger kid sidekick looking for the reluctant hero to help. We got a lot of that in Marvel Phase four.
Speaker 4: So I will say all the themes and plot points you've seen before in another movie. There's no real original type thing here. But I did like and this was sort of teased in some of the press stuff and Millie Alcock and them talking how super grossive for the Superman. There is an end to this movie that I found very satisfied.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, so satisfactor. I did really enjoy that. Also, and you're gonna see this everywhere because looking at the trailers, you're assuming, oh, this looks a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 1: It's more like a Mad Max. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are music notes in here that are Guardians esque.
Speaker 3: There is some mad Max to it. There's a couple of great action.
Speaker 4: Scenes in this movie too. This movie's fun enough. You like the characters, you're rooting for them. You get a dog, you got Crypto. The one thing I will say is it was sort of teased as like a Lobo sidekick movie. It's not that he's in here. A couple scenes he's kind of fun. Took me out of the movie a little bit.
Speaker 1: They would have pulled back one or two of those scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you're going to this for Lobo, you know a lot of Lobo, you're not gonna get it, but he exists.
Speaker 2: Also, if you like complex villains where you're like, oh, are they good or bad, you're not gonna like this one because and this is actually I don't mind this. Every once in a while, it's just a villain that you know is a piece of shit.
Speaker 4: To me, this is a not i won't say perfect, but like an ideal villain for this one off movie that's a stepping stone to something greater. We saw in Guardians where Ronan was very much like this guy. So you've see again, you've seen this bad guy before. He's faceless essentially, he's actually a really really bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And not to give anything away, but the bad guys in this are pretty much space pirates.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, for lack of a better term, even though.
Speaker 1: They do technical really bad things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're bad people.
Speaker 1: They're really aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not from Earth.
Speaker 2: They're not from Earth. That's what I'm saying. You thought you thought the whole movie was on Earth. So that does get into and I asked my DC expert at work. I'm like, Hey, are there this, this, and this, And he's like, oh, I have no idea, Like he was confused by the question that I asked, which does get into a little bit of the convenience of the end. We're not going to spoil anything, but that is one of my takeaways of like, why would they do this?
Speaker 1: If this can happen. We'll get more.
Speaker 2: Into spoilers in the you know, the full episode. Two questions that I think will be answered obviously by the end of the weekend of what is the box office going to look like for this movie, because I'm confused by who the audience is because the movie I feel like is tonally and then violence wise pushes as close that PG. Thirteen up to an R without being an R to the point of just show some blood, make it a little more gory, and just make it an R.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're afraid already of the audience, so you pull back from the R to PG thirteen. With that though, I think that's the perfect differentiator between like Superman and Supergirl. Superman PG Supergirl thirteen Slash are the characters, and I think having her what has me excited. Having her in play going forward, knowing she's gonna make different final decisions than Superman would is.
Speaker 3: Intriguing to me.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like her. She did a great job. Millie Alcock.
Speaker 2: Also, so as a father, I got a five year old. I brought him to see Superman. He's not seeing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you need to be like nine or ten.
Speaker 2: I think it might be twelve thirteen. I think that might be if you're thinking of what age to bring a kid to it. Obviously it depends on their maturity and stuff like that. But the amount of like, you know, weapons, although not as much gun play as some other movies, which is it's.
Speaker 4: Violent but more fistfighting, there are some weapons. There's a couple of swears. I think thematically, though, the whole slave bride sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Depression that with. Yeah, that's a lot of heavy tones.
Speaker 4: So in that respect, maturity wise, you kind of have to be pret.
Speaker 2: And that also then gets into the box office of like you're cutting out a large amount of people that would go to a superhero movie.
Speaker 3: I get that part.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they ever planned on this making two billion dollars, though, I think it's a good table set for the character and helps expand the universe in necessary ways.
Speaker 2: This is a good movie, and I wanted to do just well enough to not offset or make them change their mind about any of their other ideas moving forward.