Speaker 1: Right back on the Big one seven hundred w l W nine oh eight Monday morning. I hope you had a great weekend. Scott Sloan taking a day off as he normally does after a big Buffalo Bill's game, so he's like, you know, letting the adrenaline bleed off. I think I think Soloni is back tomorrow. But anyway, I'm Dan Carroll sitting in for Sloni. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. A ton of ground to cover today coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. I started reading a book last night called Pig Latin, the seriously funny true story of a former police officer. Really good book written by a guy used to be a cop. His name is Eric Tansey out of Clayton, North Carolina, and we're gonna be talking to him about his book and just some of some excellent writing, excellent storytelling. Kevin Aldridge from The Inquiry will be here in ten o'clock hour. We'll talk about everything that's happening in Cincinnati, including the idea that we're going to have a settlement for the Hinton fan. I don't know why a settlement is necessary, but apparently there it's in the work. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the tax increase and other stuff. But starting off today with a guy I've had on the show a number of times, Adam B. Coleman. Adam B. Coleman is an author. His book is Black Victim to Black Victor. He's also the founder of Wrong Speak Publishing. He writes columns regularly in The New York Post. And Adam B. Coleman, it is great to have you back on seven hundred WLW. Happy New Year to you. How are you.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year? I'm doing all right. I'm getting over a cold, so my voice sounds weird.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: You're getting over a cold, aren't we all? Aren't we all talk a little about I'm just scrolling through some of the columns that you've written here recently, and I want to talk about your your travels to Europe, that you were in Europe not too long ago. But first of all, I want to talk about what's happening in New York City with Zorahan Montani. And we watched this unfold off almost like it was in slow motion. He won the primary. It was pretty inevitable that he was going to become the mayor. He won by an overwhelming majority. We had this, We had this, I call it an orgy of socialism during his swearing in, and now the people are starting, the people of New York City are starting to get a little taste of what the reality of his socialist vision is like. How what are your observations when you look at what's happening in New York City.
Speaker 2: My observations is that none of it surprises me. I think it's a lot different when you and I are reading between the lines. People don't believe us when we say that this person is a socialist or this person is communists or communist friendly. It's another thing where the person says I am a socialist and then he starts doing socialist thing. Our jobs are easier, but we shouldn't be shocked when he starts doing socialist things. In my opinion, this is the second socialist mayor they've had in my lifetime, because the Blasio was one of them. But he wasn't outright calling himself that he was just behaving in that way. But yeah, I'm not surprised that all the different people that he's starting to put onto his cabinet are also socialists. I'm also not surprised that they're are the upper class socialists types, which is of course they are. So Yeah, this is going to affect all the New York City, of all the New York City residents. I think at some point, his lack of actual work experience. Nevertheless, governance is going to come into play, and we're going to see that his ability to lead as a as a mayor of a you know, the most the major city and the most largest city in America. I don't know if he'll be able to keep up with all the pressure that's going to come from it and what people expect from him. But at the same time, he's very much so ideological and gun hull on doing social things. So I think New York is going to reput itself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, he spent so much of his campaign talking about affordability and how he was going to make buses free and he was going to make it really cheap to ride the subway and the trains, and a couple of days after he got sworn in, well, what do you know, the fees went up for the trains, the fees went up for the buses, and people are having a condiption about that he was never able to control those things anyway, because all that is done at the state level. But yet he campaigned on this issue that he was going to be the one who changed all that. And I think a perfect example of the way this is going to roll out, he had an event at a Bronx apartment building and he introduced his commissioner of whatever, his commissioner, the commissioner of someone who's going to oversee all the rental properties in all of New York City, and he talked about what a great example of the work that this person does, and look at this building. And then here's a building where that you know, this person is going to make all the rest of the buildings in New York just like this one. Well, the New York Post went in there and they found they looked at this building, they found more than two hundred violations, eighty eight of which are considered immediately hazardous. So you've got situations where you've got broken doors, you've got mold, you've got infestations of rats and roaches and all kinds of other stuff. It is an absolute dump, an absolute crap hole of a building. And Mandani is out there saying, look at this building. We are going to turn the rest of the buildings in New York City is going to be just like this one. It's going to be great, So I tell you, and you just talked about that lack of experience that he has, and I think it really showed up in this particular, this particular instance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so people don't less understand all politicians lie, right, it's just a matter of right how much, but socialists lie to a magnificent amount in comparison, because it's not just the lie. It's not like making up something. It's the lie of a mission. It's the constant redirect. It's lying about stuff you have no control over, pretending that you do have control over it, making sure that people who are ignorant of it never find out, and when they do, it's too late. And so yes, you're going to find stuff like this all the time because communists lie. It reminds me of a conversation with someone who's rather independent minded and he's like, actually kind of like Mam Donnie, And I said, why is that? And he's like, you know, he's like, well, he's asking me, did you listen to him give speeches and I'm thinking to myself, you must not understand how socialists work. It doesn't matter what they say. They're ideological. The ideology leads them, right, they're going to lie to you or they don't know what they're talking about. So he's not known for his economic policy. I'm not even sure how well he does when it comes to math or understanding how money works, and even in the most general sense. So he speaks policy wise like a five year old. But the difference is this, where socialists get it right is that they're good at identifying what the problem is. And unfortunately that's all most people want. They just want to see that you see that the problem. So he recognizes that the fairs are too high, but the tolls are too high, right, and that's what people care. He sees the problem, so he must know the solution. It's like no, Socialist solutions are always terrible. Great at noticing the problem, the prescriptions are always terrible.
Speaker 1: And see what you're saying right there. And this is what I've said repeatedly about this guy becoming the mayor of New York City is that this really represents and highlights the failure of our educational system because there are so many people that, especially young people, that support this guy in New York City, and they have no clue what socialism not sometimes brings, what might bring, what it always brings. And it seems that by and large a lot of these people that voted for him have no concept of that whatsoever. And they should have learned that in school a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there's also this almost like social gas lighting whenever you bring up communism, as if communism is this Cold War thing that doesn't exist. Meanwhile, we have communist Cuba, We had a communist Venezuela that we just you know, took me Dora from. We have our biggest adversary, which is literally called the CCP Chinese Party. Like, it's not a pretend thing that is of the yesteryear. It is a real thing that is happening in real time, and it is adversarial to our nation. Hey, hey, there are communists going around. It's like the people who try to make it seem like McCarthy was this crazy person or were there actual communists trying to undermine this country? So, yes, there are communists that are here. There are communists who are saying things in hopes that you're not familiar with communism, and they want to pretend that the stuff that even if you're bringing out from the Cold War, it's not how it was supposed to be done. But you did it wrong, don't they all do it wrong? And actually communist China is actually doing it right, as they censor the Internet so you can't see or criticize them appropriately. So you know there's a lot of ignorance when it comes to this stuff. Never trust the socialists. Never trust the communists that all they do is operate off of lives.
Speaker 1: The last time I wanted to have you on the show, you weren't able to do it because you were traveling. You were out of the country, and you went to Europe and you talk about you wrote a column about it, and you talk about how you've been traveling there for over a decade and so you've seen the changes in places like Paris and some other European cities, and you talk about what you witness then and what you witness just a couple of months ago, and talk about that a little bit. Because I think there's a lot of connection here. I think what Mondannie wants to bring to New York City because he is an Islamist and what he wants to bring He and people like Bernie Sanders said, look, what Mondanni is doing in New York City is what Democrats need to do in the rest of the country. So there's no hiding in that particular agenda. But I think all we have to do is look at what is happening in Europe, and that should be a warning. Segmal I think too, we don't need this in the United States.
Speaker 2: Yes, And this becomes kind of a delicate topic because obviously Americans are used to immigrants, right, you know, we say we're a country of immigrants, right, But it is not the same as to what is happening in Europe, and it is not the same whatsoever. This isn't even necessarily about Muslims or anything like that. It is how they're approaching immigration and what is it resulting into. And so when I'm going through Hungary, when I'm going through the Czech Republic, you know, I'm looking and noticing that it looks a particular way. Meanwhile, these are the countries that receive the most flack from the EU for not taking in more immigrants, and Hungry especially was making the case like, hey, we want to have our own immigration policy where we get to say who we want to take in and why we want to take them in, and just what people understand. I've met Muslims who actually went to Hungary. I met There's one particular guy who's Muslims from your end years ago that I met, But he was there on a PhD like he was a PhD student. That's why he was there. He might be contributing something to the Hungarian economy in the future, right, so there is a particular reason why he is there. So Hungary is this islamaphobic, hates everybody country. It is a common sense country which understands that it's culture needs to be preserved. We have to be very careful when it comes to managing people we bring here. It was vastly different when I'm leaving from the Czech Republic to head into Vienna, which Vienna I don't know if most people know this, but Vienna is mostly immigrants, so whether they're Eastern European, whether they're Muslims coming from the Middle East, but it is a mostly immigrant city. And that doesn't sound off maybe for some Americans, especially in major cities, who are used to seeing immigrants. But that is vastly different than what Europe is used to and it's happened in a very quick way. And when you have that many people show up, it changes the culture of the city. And when you have people who come from various different cultures, it changes how the city has run, how it looks. So I'm going through Vianna and it's a beautiful city that's covered in squalor, and there's certain sections like favoritson that I was actually staying in, which reminded me of Turkey. And I've been to Turkey, and there are beautiful parts of Turkey, right, but that's Turkey. Every country is a bit different. And what I'm seeing is the loss of the loss of Europe, where they're losing their identity and anyone who critiques it is called the name is slandered and things like that.
Speaker 1: And that's the point you make in your column, And so I relate that, and maybe I'm mistaken about this, but I relate that to what I see happening in Minneapolis. And when you have all this fraud that is associated with the Somali community there, and the daycarees and the home healthcare and all that kind of stuff. When you have all that going on and a lot of people dare to criticize that, Well, then you're called an islamaphobe, You're called a racist, you're called a bigot, you're called anti immigration, all that kind of stuff. So am I making the right connection there? Or am am I off base a little bit?
Speaker 2: No, you're making the right connection. And I'll even go as far as this, Well, I have a friend who is actually a refugee. She's Somali. She's a refugee from Kenya. She was in the refugee camps and Kenya came to America. It's probably the most pro American person I've ever met, lovely person, and she would get attacked from other Somalis when she would say, hey, this is wrong, we shouldn't be doing this. And so that's what happens going after whistleblowers. So when people say, where are the Somali who want to criticize this, Well, they live there and they will become after by the majority. Unfortunately, there is the culture about protecting itself, so you're not allowed to criticize these things. You're not allowed to criticize the culture of female mutilation, right, which is one of the things that she was publicly criticizing because that is something that is happening, whether it's happening here or they take the girls and send them overseas that do it, but it is still something that is being practiced, and most people don't want to talk about it because it is part of an immigrant community. And we're not supposed to criticize immigrants because of these poor few people who can't do anything wrong. So, you know, this is something that you know, managing people, managing cultures is delicate. America does a really good job at it at times, but not every time. And we can't be too brazen to think that we can't become like Europe.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I appreciate I appreciate your your thoughts on that, and I think we get to the point to where we get when we have the debate on this, we get to the point to where we lose the ability to say, hey, there's nothing wrong with American culture. It would be great. You look, we want to respect where you come from, we want to respect what you're about. But when you come to America, you know, learn to speak the language, you know, or fly the American fleck. Uh, you know, all this. You know, you know you're a you're a Somali American, or you're an African American or this or that American. Now why why don't you just try to become an American? And I think by and large American people respect that and love that. But when you go the other way around and you start talking about the American way of doing X, y or Z is wrong, then that's where the divide comes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, and listen, we're not Our country has changed over the years, over the decades, and I feel that we tend to progress in the right direction. Not with everything, but we tend to progress in the right direction. You know, today is not the nineteen sixties. You know, we've in certain social things, we've progressed in the right direction. But that doesn't mean that everything that we've ever done is wrong, or that the central point or the central ideas of our nation are wrong. Right, we have a north star, and that's why we should follow towards We're going to get it wrong because human beings are imperfect, not just Americans are imperfect. But I think if we keep going towards that north star of having a culture that does the right thing, that is constitutional. That is accepting of people no matter the race, background or anything. As long as they are accepting of our culture, then we're cool with that. And so that's why some of my favorite people are in because they're here for.
Speaker 1: The right ingw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many of them are more pro American than the Americans. They were born here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that is beautiful. Yeah, And when it happens like that, it's a beautiful thing. Adam B. Coleman. This is why I love having you on because your takes on these things are are so refreshing and so uniquely your own. And I appreciate the time. I appreciate the work you do, and I always look at your columns in the New York Post. The book is Black Victim, the Black Victor. Adam B. Coleman. I can't thank you enough for the time today. Keep up the great work, and I certainly look forward to the conversations that we're going to have in twenty twenty six years. All right, Adam BE Coleman, Well, thank you, all the best to you, and happy New year. Nine to twenty seven. Dan Carroll for Scott Sloan seven hundred WLW A right, seven hundred WLW nine thirty eight. Dan carrollin for Scott Sloan. So much going on today, so much ground to cover. My next guest is a state representative, Josh Williams. He serves the people of the House District forty four up in Lucas County, Ohio. And Josh Williams, your personal story is a is a great inspiration for all. Started college by the age of thirty, graduated from law school at the Toledo College of Law by the time you were thirty five. Josh Williams, First of all, it's great to have you back at seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 4: Andy, thanks for having me on this morning.
Speaker 1: Our own Bill Cunningham went to the Toledo College of Law. Do they have a special wing there for him, or a plaque or some sort of commemoration for the one and only the great American Bill Cunningham there at Toledo Law School.
Speaker 4: I didn't see anything while I was there, but we may have to put out some requests for special recognition.
Speaker 1: Well that, yeah, that is a serious oversight on their part, so see to it if you can do anything about that. Had we had you on the show, I don't know two three weeks ago when when you first came out with a letter that you sent to a DC wide Department of Children in Youth and you are calling for increased unannounced inspections of daycare centers across Ohio. All this on the heels of a lot of speculation that there may be a lot of unchecked fraud that has been going on in the Columbus area and all around Ohio. Since that time, I have seen I don't know a dozen videos or so of individuals who have gone around the Columbus area who have looked at some of these daycare centers who and look, you can't judge a book by a cover, but at the very least, I think it gives rise to the notion that these places which should be worthy of inspection or investigation. Have you seen some of these videos and have you been able to obtain any additional eviden and since you put out this call for increased inspection of these places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we've had the opportunity to see.
Speaker 3: A lot of the social media videos that continue to raise concern in the Columbus area in Ohio and general, not only in our daycare centers, but also when it comes to home health AIDS or home daycare centers and other areas of public subsidies, public assistance that is right for fraud and abuse. We have come across additional evidence. Some of it is fraud related, some of it is abuse related, where people are just clearly abusing the system and the intentions, and we need to close those loopholes. But I'll even just point your listeners to the governor's own press conference where he admitted that they had conducted ten thousand inspections in the last year. We had over five thousand childcare centers in the state of Ohio, so that's on average two per center. They are required to at least do one per year. So of those ten thousand inspections, he didn't list how many violations there were, how many reimbursements there were, or shutdowns. What he did note was he noted that there was I believe around one hundred and twenty four current complaints that were or tips that were levied to DCY in the state of Ohio since December, and of those one hundred and twenty four, over sixty facilities had to reimburse the State of Ohio is what he called them. Reimbursed the statable hiwh for overpayment, and that's the politically correct way of saying. Of the one hundred and twenty four complaints from individuals in the public, private investigative journalists.
Speaker 4: Of those one hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 3: Complaints, sixty facilities were found to be committing some form of fraud to where they had to reimburse the state of ole Hire for overpayment. So the evidence is right in his own press conference because another word for overpayment and reimbursement is that they were paid for services that they did not render. They were caught only after these complaints were levied by the public, and only then was the state of Ohio reimbursed for it. But my questions are, why weren't they referred to the auditor's office for a full investigation? Why weren't why weren't they referred to the Attorney general for potential prosecution?
Speaker 1: I think that's a great question. And it was it Dwine himself or a spokesperson. I know I read that the phrase associated with this was, you know what a program like this, when money is going out, there's always going to be some fraud. It's the cost of doing business. Is that the right way that we should be looking at an issue like this, Hey, you know some people are stealing money. It's just the cost of doing business.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not not when it comes to fraud. Now, I believe that was a statement by his spokesmanber Des also had some statements that I disagree with as well, But that is not the cost of doing business for the state of Ohio. I will flip that phrase on its head when.
Speaker 4: I call for increased unannounced inspections.
Speaker 3: When you see the legislation that we will be introducing on Thursday, where we have a press conference schedule at two pm, which will be the most substantial oversight that we're going to see across the entire country on these childcare providers. When we introduce that legislation and the childcare providers start crying about this additional oversight, that's when you tell them, this is the cost of doing business. If you want to collect these public subsidies from the taxpayers where they pay for childcare services for children in the state of Ohio, and it's not the taxpayer's own child, you are going to have additional oversight met and it's going to be aligned with what current guidelines we have for group homes and what currently is occurring in the private sector where we see some really innovative things, and where we see some facilities actually using these type of techniques to avoid the type of supervision of children that they're supposed to do on a daily basis. But like I said, it's more than just fraud, there's also abuse of a system. So when I got a childcare provider that has three employees making minimum wage and the fifteen kids that they are watching are all children of the three employees, I think that's abuse of the system. That's not what it was designed to do. Those employees are eligible for these childcare subsidies because you are paying a minimum wage and you're essentially creating a cycle of poverty and making them dependent on hard working taxpayers to pay for childcare. I don't need to pay you to watch your own child, and we're seeing that time and time again at these childcare centers in the Columbus area because this is such a tight knit community.
Speaker 1: So it seems to me, Josh Williams, based on what you're saying, is that the apparatus is in place to have oversight of these programs, that the infrastructure is there for the auditing of these programs, and to make sure that this fraud doesn't happen. But for whatever reason, the people who were there, maybe they're turning their head. I don't know what's going on, but that apparatus is not being used the way it's meant to be used.
Speaker 3: Correct. And when you hear the governor say there's been ten thousand inspections, he's not talking about fraud inspections.
Speaker 4: Some of these inspections.
Speaker 3: Are for safety concerns, and we you know, the next phase of citizen journalism in this straw scared. The state of Ohio is not knocking on the door of a daycare provider demanding to get entry, because if my child was in that daycare provider, I will feel a certain type of way of a stranger knocking on that door. And in the era of you know, people doing mass shootings and trying to bring harm to certain communities, you know, we don't want people trying to gain entry into these these daycare centers. But there is an area that's starting to expand with public involvement, and that's going through all of these inspection reports finding how egregious some of these inspection reports are. I've been referred to some of them by constituents and other individuals across the state of Ohio. And you know, my head Cook. We had a conversation about some of these inspection reports that she cited in some of her reporting on this about the safety concerns that are in some of these facilities. That is egregious, that's putting children in danger. Some of these ten thousand inspections were just over safety concerns, they weren't over attendance irregularities. And tell me why in the state of Ohio we still have the system of a daycare provider making paper records of attendance and you having to go on site to check those attendance records. I think we all would agree that we're talking about data centers in the state of Ohio. There are more modern ways of doing attendance audits than going in person and asking to see your paper records. Ohio needs to catch up to the modern age, and the legislation that we will be introducing this week will force Ohio to do just that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned Mahet Cook, and she was on with Bill Cunningham, did a show with him last week, and she gave a very powerful interview about some of the work that she did looking at some of these daycare centers, how she was threatened by individuals that she encountered at some of these daycare centers, talking about the things that she saw with her own eyes. And again, it's not a conviction, it's not proof positive, but certainly gives rise to the notion that this warrants further inspection. This warrants further investigation. So it seems the governor doesn't have a real appetite for this. What about your colleagues up there in Columbus, your fellow lawmakers that you work with. It seems like there is some appetite amongst them. And then the other component of this is what kind of blowback When you take the bull by the horns on an issue like this, you're going to get some blowback. You're going to get You're going to catch some heat. What's that been like since you announced this notion that you want to have these increased inspections.
Speaker 3: Well, as you saw for my letter, you know, forty two of us sign on to a letter asking for additional oversight using the powers that we invested in the Department of Children and Youth when we created them two years ago. That was the short term solution of saying, hey, put your boots on the ground and do the job that we gave you now, like we're not saying ignore the rest of sustainable wile, but we want to increase effort where there's a hot spot of concern while we provide a legislative fix. Then you're going to see a slew of my colleagues sign on to the legislation that we're introducing that is very reasonable. And we've met with DC why in regards to this. We've talked to the Attorney General's office in regards to this, We've talked to the Auditor's office in regards to the legislation we're introducing. We got the thumbs up from everybody that the solutions that we are proposing are not only workable, but are substantial steps in the right direction to prevent not just punished, but prevent waste fraud abuse in the childcare system.
Speaker 4: And when I'm done introducing this legislation and we.
Speaker 3: Get this moving, I'll move on to the next area of concern. To make sure that our constituents are confident that the taxpayer dollars are being used and being watched.
Speaker 4: Over by their elected officials appropriately.
Speaker 3: Now when it comes to the blowback, of course I get blowback. I've got slew of members of the Somali community on my social media at tagging me and stuff and calling me a big and calling me a racist and calling me a Nazi. But as you alluded to earlier, I got a very difficult upbringing. I overcame tremendous adversity, you know, being homeless in a high school dropout, and you know, being disabled for almost six years, fighting through that injury and forty procedures, having metal put in my spine just to go to coge at thirty and graduating all the way from being a freshman to walking across the stage with my bachelors and then eventually my Juris doctorate in just five years.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I've overcome so much tremendous odds that that type of criticism is like.
Speaker 4: Saw it on my shoulder. I just prush it off, and a lot of times I.
Speaker 1: Do it bring it, bringing a little bit better than what they're bringing it.
Speaker 4: Right now, Oh yeah, like that, that little bit of that criticism.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter to me. You know, if I didn't want criticism, I just would have stayed in the private sector, continuing to do my law work where I was rising, starting the legal community here in northwest Ohio. I wouldn't went into public service if I didn't want criticism. I really don't care. I believe, you know, through God's.
Speaker 4: Grace and mercy, he brought me through.
Speaker 3: Some difficult times to bring hope back to a generation and to provide enough oversight and creative ideas to help millions of people overcome adversity like I overcame. So I'm trying to make it easier for the next generation. And one thing that we have to understand is that you are being taxed and your money is being used and abused. So one I owe it to the taxpayer to guarantee I do everything on my effort to provide oversight of taxpayer dollars. Two that I reduce taxes. One way that I reduce taxes is I reduce spending. One way that I reduce spending as I reduced the amount of fraud and abuse in the system. There are interconnected. The more waste fraud abuster is, the more money I got to generate to pay for, the more taxes we have to have. And that's anti Republican So we're taking a different approach. We're going to cut down on this stuff. We're going to increase penalties for a fraud being committed in the state of Ohio. We're going to increase the availability of cutting off funding to these providers that are using our system just to pad their own pockets and not providing a real resource to the community. And I do want to provide one last thing that we haven't been discussing a lot that I want to highlight. What these videos showed me is that many of these workers that these daycare centers do not speak proficient English. How are they getting these children prepared for Kennergarten if you can't teach them proficient English in the daycare centers themselves. That's why you're seeing a large number of students not prepared for Kennygarten. A large number of our tax dollars go as supplemental funding the school districts when kids can't speak English as their primary language. And in addition, we're also.
Speaker 4: Seen on these videos where these centers.
Speaker 3: Are refusing to enroll students that are not smiling. That is a clear violation of the federal rules that they signed onto anti discrimination policies that they signed on to to be licensed in the state of Ohio. We need to start investigating that this is not a subsidized childcare for one particular group.
Speaker 4: Imagine if we did that on race.
Speaker 3: Imagine if I tried to drop off my kit to a daycare facility, because I'm Black, I'm not allowed enrolled, or because I'm White, I'm not allowed to row or Mexican people will be up in arms. So because there's a community that says they're only going to enroll people from their community, that should be a huge red flag right now to the Department of Children in Youth that there needs to be an enforcement effort that these are publicly funded childcare facilities that must be open to the public, and anyone that wants to enroll their children, if they're denied, there should be a private right of action against that childcare provider.
Speaker 1: Josh Williams makes perfect sense to me. We've only got about thirty seconds left here and I got to let you go. But I've seen so much reporting on this and so much speculation. When you look at what's happening in Minnesota, they're saying the fraud there could be an excess of nine billion dollars. Some are saying that what is happening here in Ohio could be worse than even what's happening in Minnesota. Do you have any sense at all, based on what you've learned to this point, that that may be even close to being true.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think we're even close to the amount that we saw in Minnesota. I don't even think we're going to hit a billion dollars of fraud from these type of child care scams. But any dollar amount that is committed to fraud is a concern. And I well, we're different from Minnesota is that you have a Republican elected General Assembly, statewide officials here in Ohio compared to Minnesota, where Minnesota at a state level turned the blind eye and refuse to enforcement. Here we are looking at these blue bubbles across the state of Ohio have a increased fraud and the Republican rest of the state is going to be responsive in providing oversight. So you are gonna we're gonna get better answers here in the stateable how than you'll ever see in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: All Right with that, Josh Williams, we got to run keep up the great work and maybe we'll have you on again after your news conference on Thursday, so we're looking forward to that. Josh Williams, thank you so much, and keep up the great work and we'll be talking to you again before too long. All right, there you go, Josh Williams. He's out of here. Nine fifty six. Pretty good stuff right there. Dan Carroll for Scott Sloan, seven hundred WLW back on the big one, seven hundred WLW ten oh eight. Dan Carrolyn for Scott Sloan. Glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. And I want to thank my last guest guys. Just fantastic. Josh Williams, State Rep. Graduated from the Toledo Law School, same as Bill Cunningham, a great American. Kevin Aldridge from the Cincinnati Inquirer. He is the opinion editor there. He will be my guest after the news at the bottom of the hour, and get ready for the show. Today. I saw this peace on WCPO channel nine about dozens of protesters gathering in Newport to speak out against local jail holding ICE detainees, and some of these individuals talking about they are out there to speak up against holding immigrants, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, right there in that building, right there, said Michael Staverman. As an American, I feel extremely disappointed. Protesters brought banners and flags and homemade signs, and you know, they just just don't want to see these good people being locked up unnecessarily. Well is that true? Is that? I mean, are these really the kind of people that you want to go to bat for? And I asked that because because when you look at not every single one, but a lot of the individuals who are getting arrested by ICE, and isn't people with serious, serious crimes under their belt in Minnesota for example? And then look, I'm not saying that people that are arrested in Kentucky have these same crimes to their credit, but chances are some of them do. Are these people you really want to stand up for? Amid their enforcement surge, federal immigration authorities have nabbed the worst of the worst criminal illegal migrants all across the land, according to ICE director Todd Lyons, While deporting officers nab gruesome individuals throughout Minnesota and the country, high profile Democrat politicians and folks like we saw a Newport over the weekend are publicly demanding that they leave immediately. Regardless of stage political theatrics, ICE is going to continue to arrest the worst of the worst criminal illegal aliens in Minnesota and elsewhere. Some of these criminal aliens have had final orders for removal for thirty years, but they have been free to terrorize people across Minnesota and across the country. Let's see, let me get to the part where they talk about here we go. Among those recently arrested, Serderon Pavey and Aleotian criminal illegal migrant convicted of both and I've never heard this term before, strong armsodomy of a boy and a girl, a slate of other crimes. Tuvang who's also a Laotian criminal illegal migrant convict a sexual assault in sodomy of a girl under the age of thirteen, procuring a child for prostitution. According to ICE, both men have outstanding final orders for their removal that date back several years. So they have final orders, So this means they've already received due process, and that is the case with many of these individuals that wind up getting arrested. Another illegal immigrant from Laos convicted of raping a twelve year old girl kidnapping a child with intent to sexually assault her. Also taken into custody by ice. Another criminal illegal migrant from Laos now by deportation officers, previously convicted of rape fooling a child. So many of these individuals have crimes as they and have children as their victim. So is this really what you want to stand up for when you're out there demonstrating in front of these federal buildings. Now it's true, they could be fathers, they could be brothers, they could be all kinds of good people. But I'd say, just, you know, look a little closer at who's being arrested. If you go to Homeland Security has a website. If you go to DHS dot gov, you will find the Department of Homeland Security. They're highlighting the worst of the worst criminal aliens arrested by Immigration and Customs enforcement. And you can go and you can I mean you can scroll. There's let me see, there's how many pages are There's one hundred. Now there's one and thirty eight pages. And they've got mugshots of these individuals. Here's a woman arrested from Mexico, cruelty towards a child, hit and run, criminal threats. Here's a dude from Somalia, sexual conduct, fourth degree of a victim thirteen to fifteen years old. Dude, Another dude from Mexico, child abduction, I mean, Honduras, domestic battery, Honduras resisting arrest, domestic abuse, domestic abuse, child endangerment. And it goes on and on and on, page after page after page of the worst individuals. So you hear this narrative that they're just rounding up people who are minding their own business, people who are trying to work, people who are paying taxes. Yeah, that's not really necessarily true in all cases. What else is not necessarily true is that the woman remain a Cold Good, unfortunately killed by ICE agents in Minneapolis, was just a mother who was there dropping her child off at school, wound up in the middle of this Ice enforcement was just trying to get out of the way. Well, there was additional video that came out over the weekend that shows Renain a Cold Good in her vehicle repeatedly honking a horn, blocking the street, engaging with ICE officers, And there is a narrative out there that what they were trying to do, what part of their training was was. They wanted to create a confrontation. They wanted to have a situation where there would be some sort of physical altercation with ice officers. Get the video of that, get it out there, great propaganda. Look at these federal agents beating up on a helpless woman, taking her down. Terrible. Look all that sort of thing. They wanted it out there. This is a woman who was referred to as a warrior, so she was a warrior, died doing what was right. Said a mother named Lisa, whose child attends the same school, the same school. And this is a woman who took her six year old to a school, her son's charter school, and the charter school says that they put social justice first and prioritize involving kids in political and social activism. That is the school she was taking her kid to prioritize social justice and involving kids in political and social activism. I don't know about you. I've had six year old. My kids are a lot older now than six years old. If I was going to enroll them in a private school, a school whose first priority is involving kids in these sorts of things as social justice and involving kids in social activism and political activism. If that's their if that's their main focus, I'm not taking my kid there. Maybe you wouldn't either at six years old. I think the kid has a lot more important things to focus on than social and political activism. But that's where that's where she took her Again, look, if that's what you want to do, that by all means. But my point is it adds to this narrative, and I think factual reporting that she was an operative seeking to disrupt the operations of these federal agents. So on the Sunday Shows, ilhan Omar was out there on CBS and she was rolling out a new narrative about why this woman was not at fault. And here's what il han Omar had to say, Dave, can we hear cut number one?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: If they are saying that he has ten years on service and is trained, he should know that you shouldn't be trying to get in front of a moving.
Speaker 1: Car and oh so brilliant, so smart as ill han Omer. This guy's been on the job for ten years, he's got experience, he's got trained, he should know better. That is where that is the argument they're going to try to make now, she was true doing a trial a trial balloon on that on Sunday shows. I don't know if that narrative is going to take but Ilha and Omar got some of the best consultings she can get from Democrat operatives. Put this out there. Yeah, the guy, they take you ten years of training. Guys should have known better. Don't stand in front of a moving car. Well, you know what, the car wasn't moving when he initially got into the position, and I'm not I don't look, We've been through this. I've been through this multiple times already talking about how the ICE agents are not at fault. It was the fault of the woman who was driving the car. Bottom line. So there was a piece written in town Hall by a guy named Kevin mccallaugh talking about talking about ICE and what they engage in on a regular basis, and he writes that the national media has chosen the focus nearly exclusively on the fatal shooting of Renee Good during that enforcement operation, portraying her as an innocent victim, while largely ignoring the context of her actions and the purpose of the operation she interfered with. Let's be clear, Let's be clear about something that far too many commentators refused to say out loud. Renee Good was not a passive bystander. She inserted herself directly into a live federal law enforcement operation, used her vehicle to obstruct officers who were actively attempting to decraine to detain criminal suspects. That intrusion matters, It's not incidental. It is central to understanding what unfolded. Federal agents were not conducting a random sweep. They were executing targeted arrests of individuals with violent criminal histories, as I just talked about a few minutes ago. When a civilian deliberately interferes with that kind of operation, the risk level changes instantly for everyone involved. But while the media loops the same footage and politicians rushed to microphones, another part of the ICE story goes completely untold. In recent weeks, ICE has conducted enforcement actions in New Jersey that looked nothing like the caricature painted by activists. Several undocumented construction workers were encouraged or encountered, i should say, by federal agents. One individual, well known in his church community, was detained and deported after acknowledging his unlawful status. The process was orderly, respectful, and notably, the federal government has already offered him a legal pathway to return to the United States. Another worker from the same site was detained, briefly questioned, and then released back to his family. Here's why. He had no criminal record, not a misdemeanor, no duy, not even a speeding ticket. He's been paying taxes every year that he's lived in the country, and he has receipts to prove it. He has multiple children. One of his his sons currently serves in the United States Armed Forces. Two years ago, he began the process of applying for legal status despite the fact that he's technically here unlawfully. ICE exercised discretion. He was not the port, not separated from his family. He was not treated as a threat because he isn't one. No protest marches were organized for him, No national headlines were written, No elected officials held price conferences demanding ICE be dismantled because of this case. Why. Because that story does not serve the outrage economy. ICE is not a monolith. It is not a rogue agency roaming the streets indiscriminately in Minneapolis. It was focused on removing dangerous criminals in New Jersey. They demonstrated judgment, restraint and compassion towards individuals who pose no threats to public safety. Both of these things can be true at the same time, even though the media refuses to acknowledge it. What we're witnessing right now is not a serious debate over immigration policy. It's a selective presentation of facts designed to provoke emotion while suppressing context. One tragic death is being used to delegitimize an entire enforcement system, even as that system is actively removing rapists and murderers from American communities. The comparison that no one wants to make is also the one that matters most. On one side are violent criminals with records that justify removal. On the other side are non violent individuals who work, pay taxes, raise families. Are often handled with discretion by ICE officers who understand the difference. So as I read this, this was actually news to me that I did not know that ICE officers had this discretion. So when they go on these roundups, they are looking for individuals, and as ICE Christinome has said from the very beginning, we are going after the worst of the worst. Those individuals with criminal records who already have and in buyo large they are not in every single case, but in the majority of cases, they already have orders for removal because they are criminals and they have engaged in some of the most unspeakable crimes you can imagine. So when ICE encounters these people, they're going to go into a workplace, They're going to go into an apartment building, They're going to wherever these individuals are. Yeah, they're going to put a lot of people in cuffs. But guess what, after they talk to them, they find out who they are, they find out what's been going on. In a lot of cases, they take the cuffs off. You're free to go. Keep doing what you're doing, just do it the right way. Did you know that? Did you know that ICE had that discretion and they use it on America and or on a regular basis. So these are ICE stories that you don't hear all the time, and until you start hearing them all the time, we're all going to be misled, not by agents on the ground, but by those who profit politically from these half truths that are being told. And the truth, as Bill Cunningham always says, we'll set you free. I didn't know that was going on, but you know it now. Ten twenty six Kevin Aldridge of the Inquiry coming up after the News at the bottom of the hour, Dan Carroll for Scott Sloan, seven hundred WLW All right back on the big one, seven dred LW ten thirty eight, Dan Carol sitting in for Scott Sloan today. And there are so many things happening in the city of Cincinnati right now. We've got the mayor who's out there saying, hey, we need we need an income tax, we need more income tax if we want to have public safety. We've got city council who may go into executive session today to work on a settlement for the Hinton family. And then the trial begins. Re associated with the downtown brawl that had Cincinnati all over the all over the news or back in the this past summer, back in July and August, and it seemed to go on for months and months and months. Joining me now to touch on all these subjects is Kevin Aldridge, the opinion editor at the Cincinnati Inquirer. And Kevin, always great to have you on. How you doing today, Hey.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great, Dan, Happy New Year. I can't remember if we talked since the New Year, but in case we have it, hope all is well. You're your family are blessed and always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that, and then this may very well be the first time that we have spoken in twenty twenty six. So the trial for Alexander Travinsky begins today. How interested are you going to be in this? And do you think there's any possibility that we're going to glean anything new from what happened in this brawl incident back in July? Well, how can you not be interested in it?
Speaker 6: I mean, this was a subject that you know, sort of dominated conversation in Cincinnati for several months this past summer, and mister Travinsky was at one of the key figures and at the center point it is. So, you know, who knows what will come out in court. I think there is the possibility there's some new details or some further elaboration or explanation about how things got started, what was said and done, you know, perhaps all of that could come out in testimony. So I think there's a possibility that we could get some new information and insight that we that we haven't had before, and if I'm not mistaken, you know, I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't get to see or read everything.
Speaker 6: But I don't know that we've actually, you know, heard any kind of commentary or statement or testimony anything like that for mister Travinsky. Now, I don't know if he'll wind up, you know, giving any testimony or anything like that, but certainly if he does, that would be certainly worth hearing and something I.
Speaker 1: Think we would all be interested in. Yeah, I don't know if he has spoken yet to I don't recall him having spoken to any media sources to this point. I know his lawyer has come out and said some things and said, essentially, look, the video that came out after the fact on all of this really proves that his client is an innocent man. So we will see how that plays out in court. Today city Council is going to have a meeting, at least a committee of the City Council is going to have a meeting. The Budget and Finance Committee is meeting at one at which point they may go into executive session, we are told, and at that executive session there may be a settlement discussed about the hint in case the idea, and this broke huge. It was last Thursday night. I had Ken coberon. I was on the radio Thursday night. I had Ken coberon. He was very upset that apparently this negotiation has been going on it quietly, I guess is the way to us say it really without any notice. And there are a lot of city council members who said they had no no concept that this was going on. How do you see this? The idea that the city of Cincinnati would be looking to reach what could be a multimillion dollar settlement with the family of this individual, Ryan Hinton Junior, eighteen years old, fatally shot by Cincinnati police. The prosecutor County Pillage looked at it, said, hey, look, everything was by the book here, nothing nothing worth prosecuting. The idea that our city manager would be looking to pay this city, uh maybe millions of dollars. How does that sit with you? When the way this whole story has rolled out. How do you see it? Dan, you're still there? Yeah, Kevin, you got me?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, sorry I thought I lost you for a minute.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so so here's what I'll say.
Speaker 6: This comes as no surprise when when the hint and shooting first happened, and this was even before Connie Pillage, you know, uh exonerated the officer in the particular thing. I said, this was coming. Look, this is this is predictable. These sorts of situations and incidents carry a particular cadence, not just here in Cincinnati, but across the country. And I and I said, in the wake of the shooting, you can probably expend that the officer will not be held responsible or he will be justified in the shooting, but that the family might also come back with a lawsuit. Now the family hasn't filed a lawsuit yet, but I think anybody with a modicum of understanding about how these things go knew that that was probably coming.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: It was predictable. I predicted it. I said that it was going to happen. So what you probably have seen happen here is lawyers from the city with lawyers of the estate from mister Hinton have probably been having some conversations. And what people have to recognize is is that in civil cases, the burden of proof and liability is different than in a criminal case, which is like ninety eight percent or something like that. You know where it has to be beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal case, you don't have to have that same burden in a civil case. People are most familiar with the oj Simpson case. He was acquitted in criminal court but found libel in civil court, and so there's risk that's higher whether the officer has been justified in the shooting by the city or not. If this were to go to court, there would be less of a burden on Hinton's family to make the case against the city. On top of that, you go through that legal proceeding. If the lawsuit is filed, who knows what else comes out in depositions, in court testimony that the city might not want to come out That could be even more damaging than going ahead and trying to settle these cases. So I think if you want to look at it from a legal monetary standpoint, we know a lot of times settlements are reached because at least one party recognizes that it could be far more costly, not just monetarily, but in damage to the reputation of the city, the police department, and who knows what that does to community relations. So I think if you want to in an emotional moment say oh, this might be a bad move for the city. You haven't thought it through completely to all of the tendrils and things that are out there. Here's one of the other things that I would add that might be a calculation.
Speaker 3: By the city.
Speaker 6: If this thing goes to court, Police Chief Teresa Thiji probably is going to have to testify in that case. She's under investigation by the city. Is that really a witness that if you're the city of Cincinnati right now you want testifying in a potential case that could result in millions of dollars of payout. So there are a lot of calculations that I think people haven't sort of fully thought through about why the city might be entertaining these conversations.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about Teresa Thichi, But when getting back to the hinting story here and the possible settlement, I don't think you can divorce from this. What happened after the video was viewed by the family, and that is that the father of this young man went out and there's information that during this meeting where they were showing the video to the family, the police chief was there that mister Hinton took a swing at the police chief, which is a crime in and of itself. He was not detained for that at all, went out and then wound up mowing down sheriff Deputy Larry Henderson in cold blood. So I think you can see why Ken Kober and the rest of law enforcement, not just Cincinnati police but Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies as well, are highly upset about this because this looks like an absolute slap in the face to law enforcement to say that we are going to go back to the family of this individual, who is very likely I at this point it's all alleged but very likely, and we really haven't heard any facts otherwise to dispute it, ran down, mowed down the sheriff's depany in cold blood. Is this not just a disrespectful gesture as disrespectful as you can possibly get towards the Sheriff's office in Cincinnati Police.
Speaker 6: Well, it would be, it would be, and that might be relevant if Rodney Hinton was getting any of this settlement money, but he's not. This particular conversation or negotiation is between the estate of the young man who was killed, which is his I think the executor of that that whole estate is his mother's mother. So if you've noticed, the family has been seemingly, at least publicly, from what they've displayed in the media, trying very much to separate themselves and their claim on what happened to young mister Hinton from the actions.
Speaker 1: That the father took out.
Speaker 6: From what I've seen or heard, no one in that family has defended or condoned what.
Speaker 1: The father did in this case.
Speaker 6: And so I think to conflate what the estate is trying to get for the young man to what the father did, I think it's disingenuous, nor is it accurate. So I think what Ken Cober is trying to suggest in saying that crime pays is that somehow mister Hinton is going to be the beneficiary from anything that the family gets. And that's just not accurate and it's not true. And I think that mister Kober has more of a responsibility to speak. Now, if you want to be critical of what mister Hinton did, certainly I don't think anybody condones that. Says that it was right, and he'll, you know, he'll pay for the penalty of that, assuming that, you know, a jury finds him guilty of that crime. But I think to conflate what the family is going through, which they have every legal right to do, to challenge this thing, potentially civilly, with what the father did. I think to conflate those two things is not accurate, nor is it fair, and nor does it help the situation.
Speaker 1: Well, well, you know, I think when you look at it in context, when you have just a month or so ago, we had the announcement of this settlement for individuals who were rioting in downtown Cincinnati after the George Floyd incident in Minneapolis. That was an eight point one million dollar settlement. Then comes word that there's going to be another settlement with an individual who the video shows it running from police, dropped the weapon, picked it up, turned towards cops, could have fired a shot. Police shot first ended his tragically, sadly and ended his life. And just the idea that we are so gun about taking these cases to court, standing up for our police department to say, look, we were in the right, We were in the right. When the mayor came out and said there's a curfew and you can't have that curfew and these individuals got arrested, it just seems that it's more on one hand, giving lip service to the notion that yes, as city leaders, we have your back, but then when the rubber hits the road, well they may not have their back at all.
Speaker 6: Well, and again, here's what I'm saying. If you want to look at it from that simplistic of a point of view, you can certainly look at that and say, oh, this is the city not standing up, you know, and defending.
Speaker 1: Its police officers.
Speaker 6: But let me ask you this, Dan so whatever, and there's no I don't care what anybody says. There's no concrete dollar figure that anybody can say exists as accurate because we don't know, right, King Kobert doesn't it. King Kobert doesn't know. People on city Council don't know. So anybody who's out there talking about multi million dollar settlement is just blowing smoke because they don't know. There are no dollar figures that have been reported to the public or put out there, nor would there be, because even if you were in this kind of legal negotiation with the family, you're not going to discuss that in public because you know, you give away any leverage position that you would by exposing where your game plan is no lawsuit or settlement is ever discussed in the public, city or otherwise. So this notion that it should have been public. People who say that, you know, won't be satisfied by making it public that the city winds up coming out of many more millions of dollars for sort of politics we had.
Speaker 1: We had at least two council members come out over the weekend and say they had no knowledge of this. So it seems to me, and you know that that's embarrassing if the city. Yeah, it seems to me that at least city council should have some knowledge that that this the test types of negotiations are in progress.
Speaker 3: Dan if I predicted this two or.
Speaker 6: Three months ago that this was going, that there would there would be these types of conversations. I'm not on city council, I'm not elected official.
Speaker 1: I'm a journalist who's who's.
Speaker 6: Been at this for a long time. And so for a city council member to say that they had no inkling or clue, it's troubling because they should if I could predict it and see it, they should have seen it coming down the road. They should have been asking questions, why aren't they having conversations with their city manager and the attorney asking for reports, saying where are we at on this? Come on man, well on to admit that they're.
Speaker 1: Ignorant to that. Well, not only did they say they didn't know about it, but they're opposed to to a settlement like this taking place. So there's that in the time that we have less left. We have not spoken since f Taed Purval came out and proposed this income tax increase and essentially said, luck, We've talked a lot about public safety during the campaign. I taught. I spoke to Corey Bowman. I said, you were there at all the debates. I do not recall the notion of a tax increase so we can have public safety or enhance public safety or whatever the mayor talks about when he talks about this increase and how wonderful it's going to be. Were you what was your take on Aftab Purval coming out during his inauguration to drop this on the taxpayers of the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: So the debate that we hosted between him and Bowman and Xavier that was a specific question that I asked, you know, both candidates what they say, What did he say, did they favor Yeah. The mayor said he would not rule out He said he would not rule out a tax increase. I think he said something along the lines of, hey, you know, we don't know what the budget might be, we don't know what economic factors might hit us, so it was impossible for him to rule out the possibility of increasing taxes. So he never said that he wouldn't raise taxes, which, you know, we're kind of looking for a yes or no answer to that question just in case things like this come up. So he did leave himself that window for the possibility of a tax increase. Now he didn't tie that specifically to public safety or or anything like that. I think, you know, at that particular time, you know, maybe we were thinking, you know, they might use those tax increases for you know, for more infrastructure or affordable housing or things of that nature. I don't think we were specifically thinking in mind public safety. But with everything that's happened over the last few months and the pressure political and otherwise that's that's been out there about the need to get a handle on crime here in Cincinnati, you know, maybe this seemed like an opportune time for that. But I think the question that people should be asking is how responsibly is the city before you know there's any talk of any kind of increase. Is looking at what we're doing with the money and with the dollars that we already have a good point.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, yal how are they doing with the money they have right now? And I think there's a there's a lot of room for improvement there. Kevin Aldridge, We're up against the clock, so we're going to have to leave it right there. But as always, I appreciate I appreciate your your the way you look at things, and I appreciate you coming on to talk about it. And we will do it again before too long. Kevin Aldridge, did they inquire? All the best to you man. Thanks, Dan Samu You all right there you go, Kevin Aldridge of the Cincinnati Enquirer. Yeah. The quote from AFTAB is he wants to target this money toward public safety and disrupting poverty. How's that worked out in the past. I think we know the answer to that. Ten fifty five. Dan Carrol for Scott's loan seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: I'm back on the.
Speaker 1: Big one, seven hundred W l W eleven o eight. Dan carrollin for Scott Sloan. So glad to welcome in my next guest. He is a former Army paratrooper, a combat veteran. He is also a former cop and also owns a rum distillery. And he's also a professional podcaster. He's got the Failure to Stop. He's got a series of podcasts called Failure to Stop. And just a great guy, a guy that I that I know a little bit. I got to visit with him a few summers ago down to Clayton, North Carolina. It's my pleasure to welcome in Eric Tansey and Eric Tansey, how the heck are you today?
Speaker 7: Thank you Dan?
Speaker 8: You make me sound so cool.
Speaker 1: Well, you do, you do what you can. And the reason I wanted to have you on is because your book came out not long ago and the title is pig Latin, a seriously funny true story of a former police officer. And congratulations on the book it what what is it tell me about the process of actually sitting down to put this book together?
Speaker 8: Oh, you know, Dan, For me it was like it was much different than anybody else because I wrote because I got in trouble for being a bad writer when I was a cop. So I wrote a side report just grammatically bad and almost lost the case because the defense was able to argue grammatically when I had said because I didn't use the right there, there, and there, the right whearwear and wear, And so I ended up having to write about my day and submitting it into a supervisor. And I was like having these dramatic incidents. I was writing the police report, and then I was writing again at home for homework, and it was really depressing. So one day I just was like, you know what, I'm gonna start writing the funny stuff that happens, or you know, like almost reading it more like a diary. So I would write about all the things that like the weird stuff, losing the foot chase, arresting the wrong person, or you know, the mental breakdowns or whatever. And I collected those stories over the course of like eight years, and I just happened. I don't know, maybe call it God, but somebody took a look at it and they said, this is the funniest thing I've ever seen. This needs to be a book.
Speaker 9: And that was it.
Speaker 8: That's how the process started, and we turned it into one long book from start to finish, and it's really really funny, self deprecating, and I'll definitely make you feel better about who you are as a person.
Speaker 7: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh. The our buddy Keefer had had a copy of the book. I swiped his copy the other day and I sat down over the weekend and started reading it. And I mean, you had you had two tons of fun on your first day on the job, which was absolutely amazing. But then I got to the next chapter, and I love the story about Officer Serious and uh and and the guys that he hangs with, and and your your adventures with Officer Serious. Absolutely fantastic reading. I could not put it down, and I don't normally say that about a lot of books that I read. And I'm looking, I'm looking at this blurb on the back, and this guy talks about that. Uh, he just doesn't tell war stories from the street. He pulls you into them. And I'm thinking, yeah, right, I'm going to be pulled into these stories. But Eric, I'm dumped. I'm not blowing smoke here for I mean, for your first time out writing a book like this, absolutely amazing. I literally did not want to put it down and I can't wait, I start reading these different calls that you go out of and I can't wait to see how they're going to come out in the end. It is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 8: It was so much fun, and I think, like what makes it such a different book? And by the way, the TV series rights have already been sold, so some of the guys that were part of a very famous TV series, It's Ram for seven seasons, are now making a TV series out of my book, and that's been really fun. I'm on the writing team for that.
Speaker 1: But that is amazing.
Speaker 8: I think kind of why the book is done so well, and you know, is with Simon Schuster, and you know it's in every books for across America, And I think, I know what makes it different is I don't know that a lot of people have ever written a book it's like super honestly about all your mistakes, and especially in the cop world, right because everybody's afraid they're gonna get sued because I write about all the mistakes, like a lot of a lot of mistakes, or like a lot of the feelings that I had towards people that may I may or may not should have had. And I think it's just a really wrong glimpse into what goes on honestly inside of a cops heat when he's like, I don't know this guy guilty or not guilty, but you know if I touch him, we're gonna fight and I might be going to jail for this. And you know, he's just that kind of inner dialogue that I think really made people go, oh, I never thought that cops are actually human beings and have moral dilemmas just like everybody else. We have ethical dilemmas just like everybody else that we have to work through, and we have families at home that we make decisions based on. You know, say, like people are like, wow, that one story where you decided to let that guy go because it's not worth it. You know, that's really you know, that's that hit me because you know you thought about your kids and you know, call it a coward move, but like my going to my kids, you know, baseball game or whatever, it's more important than getting in a food chase, you know, with this guy at that time. So I just think like those kinds of stories have never really been pulled from a law enforcement perspective, and people really seem to like that version of the of the truth.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I you know you and I know each other a little bit. You came up here and you were part of the podcast that I do with a buddy of mine and it's called One Morning, Am Out of Here when we had Stu Scheller on our podcast, and I got to visit you down at Clayton, North Carolina and be part of your podcast and hang out with you for a few days there. And that was That was a great time. And and the thing is, as I read this book, I hear your voice because I know you a little bit. And here's the other thing that I hear. My son recently graduated back in May from the Cincinnati Police Academy. So he's been out on the streets since since May of this of last year. And when he has done with his shifts, a lot of times, not every time, but a lot of times, he calls and talks about the different runs he's been out on and and and I hear a lot of what he says and a lot of what you say after that, after that day is over and you're in the driveway and you're thinking about just went down, uh, you're thinking about all that stuff. I hear a lot of that same stuff and what he is telling me. So by reading this book, I feel like I'm going to have a better understanding of what he goes through as he progresses on his journey in law enforcement. And that is a very person that is a very personal thing for me, and I want to thank you for that because I'm thinking, when I'm done with this, i want to give this to him because a lot of the things that he's feeling, you're you write about in this book. And and so he's and he doesn't question his training, he doesn't question, uh, you know, if he's doing things the way. He knows he's doing things the right way. But it's that human interaction that sticks with you and you wonder, at the end of the day, did I do right by that person as a human being?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, sometimes it's such a gray area.
Speaker 8: And you know, it's pretty unbelievable what cops have to go through on a daily basis. I mean, you know when you write the when when you compile the book, and it's just you know, your experience over the course of six or seven years on actually on the street, Like it's it's pretty insane, Like how much trauma or like how much how many critical incidents that you will go through in those eight years. But you know it's a human interaction that really does You know that I kind of focus on in the book a lot, and you know, it's it's such a gray area, right because like you know what the law is, but you also know, like does the law outweigh the outcome of what's going to happen if I give this person a ticket, you know it's going to ruin a lot more of their life because of their financial situation of where they're at. And so you know, it's always like you know, should I ticket this person or not take it that person? And you know some days you don't have time. It's just it's such an emotionally taxing job. I don't think a lot of people understand that though, like that. You know, people give teachers a lot of credit, as they should. Teachers are an important thing, but you know, it's not even in the same realm of what a cop or even a paramedic has to deal with in a single day. I don't think the world really truly understands, you know, what exactly a cop does in a day.
Speaker 10: You're going to see blood every single day of your life.
Speaker 2: You know, when you go to work.
Speaker 8: And you're going to see somebody's feet mangled up in a dashboard every single day, You're going to see a stab wound every single day that you work. You're gonna get in a foot chase once a month or once a week or whatever.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's just there's so many critical incidents in a day. It's just it really is incredible that cops do what they do for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And again I want to thank you for the book Pig Latin, a seriously funny true story of a former police officer. Are you still on the book tour You're still jumping around different places in the country doing that or is that I know, I know what's going on for a while.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's actually kind of a lot of happened in the book too. I didn't really go exactly the sand because we sold the movie rights or the TV rights and so like, really all the focus has been getting this thing turned into a TV series. So lots of meetings with production companies and directors and other writers and actors, and it's been a really cool to be a part of that process. And I've got to be on set of The Hunting Wise. I kind of signed myself up for that one just to get some experience, and that kind of got me my foot in the door and see what Hollywood's all about. And I just did my first audition for a part that's in a movie shot next month in New Orleans and I got my first callback so for for a part. So I don't know if I end up get the part or not, but just being in Hollywood. I was in I was in three episodes of The Office Joe Show, which is a funny TV series about veterans getting out of the military and going into the workspace.
Speaker 8: Really funny show. I think it's already streaming, but it's called Office Joe. But I played a police officer in that and that was really fun. So really kind of the last six months, I've been doing a lot of stuff in Hollywood as far as writing and now acting. So that's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: How about that, Eric Tansy goes Hollywood. Who would have thought? Is absolutely fun?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Maybe I'll see you. Know the Golden Globes were on last night. Maybe I'll see you on the next Golden Globes. That's absolutely fantastic. Let me ask you about this the and this is the kind of stuff you talk about in your podcast, and the whole situation in Minneapolis, Renee Nicole Good. The video is out there. I think the video look a lot of thing. I talk about this a lot that A lot of times when it comes to situations like this police bodycam video, dash cam video, A lot of times those videos create more questions than they provide answers. But I think in this situation, the multiple videos we have, the different angles, I think it really puts it in good context. And it is amazing to me how those on the left continue to try to drive the narrative that the ice officers, the ice agents were in the wrong here and somehow Renee Nicole Good was simply an innocent victim.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, and it's and that's that's police work. So we can always do things better. I mean, there's not a single incident that you kind of go to that you're like, wow, I really did a good job. I said all the right things, and I moved in all the right places, and the outcome really turned.
Speaker 2: Out exactly how I want.
Speaker 9: Very rarely does that.
Speaker 8: Actually happen, And for the police, it's very easy to sit back and say what he could have done or what he should have done. You know, the officer was a combat veteran, as I think I know it military veteran. There's also a federal agent, and federal agents are they have a different approach to policing than the city cop. The city cop, you know, he knows everybody in that community, and so he's.
Speaker 10: More comfortable, he's more aware. It's easier to have situational awareness. But being a federal agent in a new city, it's kind of like you're you're you're an away team. You don't really know the crowd, and so your adrenal is a little bit higher. You don't get to make the same decisions as a street cop because this is a new area to you, and cops are human beings, and so when you're in a new place and you're also not used to that amount of chaos, ICE agents don't really typically have a lot of chaos.
Speaker 8: They usually go in, they make an arrest. You know, Ugal immigrants kind of know you're coming. A lot of times, they pretty much know that ICE is on their way, and so there's little, very little drama in majority.
Speaker 10: Of ICE's dealings. So you know, you put a federal agent in a new area, in a new position, and it's something that he's not used to, and you have a woman who sought the police, found the police, blocked the police, engaged the police, disobeyed the police, e they the police, inadvertently or advertently struck the police with her vehicle. I mean, none of that's ever going to turn out good. And so I think at the end of the day, could the cop have done a lot of things better? Sure, yes, absolutely, But think about that quarterback who practices the same play over and over again for fifteen years, and you know, he gets to the one game that he has to produce and and he throws an interception, and you know, the fans.
Speaker 2: Are like, why did he throw that ball?
Speaker 8: You know, it doesn't matter how.
Speaker 10: Much you practice something or how much you plan something. When you're in the arena, it's not as easy to produce as what civilians might think.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely absolutely, I think at.
Speaker 10: The end of the day, I think she should have just you know, stayed home. Let the police to your job. You know that we have a system in place to to disagree with the police. And you know, at the end of the day. You got to remember that these kinds it's not really that personal to them, Like they have families that they want to get home to, and so they do make decisions based on that as well. They don't just they're not warmongers. He knows that when he pulls the trigger, but the chances of him going to jail are extremely likely. So I don't think that a lot of cops in twenty twenty five are pulling the trigger unless they know that you know that they need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Eric Tansey. I like you for a lot of reasons, And one of the reasons is I don't know a lot of guys who own their own distilleries. Are Are you still in the run business?
Speaker 10: Well, I ran out of time for the distilling business. I had to let one thing go. I have five kids that are all homeschooled, so I did. I did get rid of the distillery. It was sad, but it was you know, I never planned on being a podcaster. I never planned on writing a book when I opened the distillary. I thought I was going to live my life out as a distiller. But I fell into podcasting by accident, and that sparked a book, and then that sparked, you know, now this journey of of of where I'm at now and and so yeah, one thing I have to give because you know, my family is very important and my son is my All three of my sons are fully sponsored skateboarders and country Boy Skater has blown up on Instagram and has several viral videos and so you know, traveling with him and making content with my thirteen year old and my eleven year old is you know, we just got back from Baltimore doing that. So yeah, something I had to give.
Speaker 1: Well that that's that's one of the great memories I have from the visit that had down there a few summers ago, was visiting the distillery that it was. It was an excellent product, and whoever took it over, I hope they're keeping up the same great work because it was fantastic. Eric Tansey, best of luck to you with the book and all the other irons you have in the fire. I hope we get to hang out again sometime before too long, and thanks for the time today. The book is called pig Latin, a serious, funny true story of a former police officer. I'm guessing it's on Amazon and all places where you can get.
Speaker 10: Books every bookstore, Target, Costco, Hudson's Books, and million Amazon. The audiobook is incredible. It was a four time Grammy nominee. Travis Ton and Noel White, big giant producers in the industries.
Speaker 8: They did a phenomenal just an insane job with the audiobook. I read it, but they had all the sounds and the music and the drama. None of it was generated by AI.
Speaker 2: All those voices.
Speaker 8: I had to do all of the voices for all the characters, and so the audiobook was just a faint a phenomenal production. And can't think those guys enough some Yeah, the audiobook is where it's at.
Speaker 1: That is outstanding. Eric Tansey, thanks for the time. We got to run, but all the best to you. Keep up the great work and have a grete twenty twenty six to yours.
Speaker 10: Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Eric Tansey. In the book is called pig Latin, and I'm not kid it's I'm about maybe a third of the way through because I just started reading it yesterday and it is a terrific read. Pig Latin, The seriously funny true story of a former police officer eleven twenty five Dan Carrollin for Scott's loan. No guests in the final half hour, So we've covered a lot of ground today. You want to talk about any of that stuff? Five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred The Big One, Big Dave, Let's open the phone lines at seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW eleven thirty seven. Dan Carrollin for scott Sloan. Five to one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, eight hundred The Big One. If you want to get on board. A judge, a federal judge is blocking the Trump administration from freezing ten billion dollars in childcare. Federal judge temporarily blocking the administration cutting off more than ten billion dollars in the social services and childcare funding in Democrat led states over unt earns about fraud. New York District Judge Arun Subramanian, an appointee of President Joe Biden, issued a fourteen day temporary restraining order. This is in response to a lawsuit brought by attorneys general in California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, and New York. The relief is preliminary in nature, designed to protect the status quo while playing this motion for a preliminary injunction is is being decided. Supermanian found that the Democrats led state showed good cause, arguing that a funding freeze would have immediate and devastating impacts. Really, you know what else has immediate and devastating impacts. Stealing money to the tune of almost nine billion dollars or maybe even more. I would say that has an immediate and devastating impact as well, pretty much to the people who spend that hoop, pay that money where that money comes from. New York Attorney General Letitia James, who led the four states suing the Trump administration, is celebrating the legal victory. This decision is critical for families whose lives have been upended by this administration's cruelty. Really, so, it's cruel to send billions of dollars to these individuals who are defrauding the government and then saying, you know what, maybe we should stop doing that, maybe we should stop having all this fraud going on. But according to Letitia James, that's pretty cool or pretty cruel. I should say, we've got Eddie in Columbus, Eddie seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Again to tell the job today buddy, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thanks for listening, Thanks for picking up the phone.
Speaker 12: The shooting in Minneapolis that I think that's poor training for tactics for supervision.
Speaker 3: But he'll be all right.
Speaker 12: I think it'll be all right.
Speaker 3: There'll be some.
Speaker 12: Hoot and hollering, but we'll move on from that and hopefully things will improve. Since NY City Council is making a business decision with any settlements, they're known for this. They they've been paying out settlements for decades and it's a business decision. All they want to do is get re elected and prevent a riot.
Speaker 3: I think they'd much rather.
Speaker 12: They don't mind burying cops.
Speaker 3: I think they'd rather bury a cup and deal with a riot.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly hope, I certainly hope that's not true. But you got to to my way of thinking. You got to look at these things on a case by case basis, And in this particular case, when you're talking about young mister Hinton eighteen years old, out boosting cars with his buddies and they're hanging out in the parking lot, police roll up, they all start running, he made the decision to, uh, grab the gun and take it with him, he dropped the gun, he made the decision to bend down and pick it up. He made the move to turn that gun towards police and under the law, under police training, all the rest of it, that's all the cop needs. And yeah, it only took the split second, but when you do that, you take the consequences to come with it. And unfortunately, look, no one is happy that this young man lost his life. No one is out there celebrating that. But we are also celebrating the fact that a Cincinnati police officer got to go home to his family. And if we have if we have, it certainly appears we can't. We don't have a city manager that wants to stand up for that, and I'm certainly hoping that we have a city council that wants to stand up for that. To my if I'm on the city council and this comes before me, my position is, let's go to court if the family wants to to to sue, and I understand that there's a lesser burden to proof and all the rest of it. And I don't care if if my law office is telling me this is not a good gamble. If you know what, if we go to court and we can't put on a defense to stop this settlement or stop a huge payment from going out, then we need maybe we need better lawyers argue in our case. That's that's the way it seems to me. It's all pretty cut and and look, we have a prosecutor. Think about this. We have a prosecutor here in Hamilton County who just last month reached in to death row and extracted a person from death row who had been on death row for almost thirty years and said, you know what, I've looked at this case. You know, a judge says, this guy gets a new trial. I've looked at this case and I've decided this guy is not guilty. That is the same prosecutor who looked at this case with this police officer and said everything was done by the book. This police officer didn't do anything wrong. That to me is a pretty strong endorsement that what this cop did and God bless him. I mean, it's a terrible situation to be in. You never want to have. I don't think as a copper, as a human being, you want to pull the trigger and end the life of an eighteen year old kid who's obviously making some bad choice, but that's the way it happened. That's the way it went down. He's got to deal with that for the rest of his life. It's a terrible thing, but in the end it was justified according to this prosecutor. That to me is a pretty strong endorsement that we can take this thing to trial and let the ships fall where they may. Well, I agree with you.
Speaker 11: I was pleased at our prosecutor's decision, or your prosecutor's decision. But again, City Council, they're operating on their you know, they operate on their own frequency. Man, they're way out there and they're looking at Okay, what's Irish Rowley telling us, Well, give them some money so I can keep them calm and not a riot. There'll be no riots, And I really believe that that's that's all they're worried about. Well, it reelected, which they just did. They just and man, let's face it, they accomplished that masterfully, soundly re elected. So now the next thing is prevent riots.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we had a voter turnout of about twenty seven eight percent, maybe less than that. So yeah, the people who vote in Cincinnati, did they vote for this Yeah, did they vote for the crime that we have. Did they vote for a mayor who was going to increase taxes? Did they vote for the whole notion that we have a city manager that may most likely wrongfully fired the fire chief and most likely is going to have to pay out a huge settlement. There, that we have a city manager who is letting our current police chief who is suspended twist in the wind. And there's word now that the law firm that they hired to investigate this hasn't been able to find anything on Teresa tig Now we have the specter of an eight point one million dollar settlement that's going to be paid to malcontents who came to the city of Cincinnati to riot and do damage and violate the curfew, that those people are going to get a ten, twelve, fifteen thousand dollars windfall. It just seems to me that voting for that same sort of thing over and over again really is not the best course of action.
Speaker 11: City council is going to pin the one thing they're going to find wrong with the former chief for the chief, but who's on paid lead. They're gonna blame her for not making improvements at that playground. Uh, they're gonna that's what They're gonna hang her hat on.
Speaker 1: You watch, Okay, Well we'll see how that goes down, Eddie. But I don't know how much how much control of the police chief has over installing cameras and lights of the playground. But Eddie, thank you very much for the call. I certainly appreciate that. Let's go to Chris and Cincinnati and Chris, you're on seven hundred WW.
Speaker 10: And how's going today.
Speaker 1: I'm great, Chris, glad to be here and glad you picked up the phone.
Speaker 8: Thanks well, thanks for taking my car.
Speaker 7: Let's just I'm a question because I got to tell them a little bit.
Speaker 9: And I'm just wondering the difference. And I'm playing devil that kit.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying anyone's to blame, but looking at it and hearing a lot of opinions from yourself, the people put personalities on radio and national news and what we have going on here. But what's the difference between the two instance, Minnesota and Cincinnati. What we're talking about, Uh, the officer put himself in front of that vehicle to stop it and decided excuse force up at Minnesota and the officer appear in Cincinnati with mister Hinton should have been backing off because he was an undercover and put himself in that situation.
Speaker 1: Well, Chris, look, if you're you're trying to compare the incident in Minnesota and the incident in Cincinnati that ended the life of miss a young mister Hinton eighteen years old, is that was that what I'm hearing? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Speaker 7: I mean, we're talking if we weren't talking about Minnesota. I got in my car a little bit.
Speaker 1: Late, but it was just yeah, well I'm not I mean, I've talked about both things, but I I don't see how these two things are connected. And Chris, I'll thank you for the call. I don't see how these two things are connected. I think we have a situation in Minneapolis where you had ice officers who were in the street lawfully doing what they were supposed to be doing. You have an agitator who was out there in the street. The video shows that she was out there for several minutes beforehand, honking the horn, moving her car around, blocking the procedure of ICE agents and federal agents to do their job, and it wound up with her. And to my way of thinking, it matters not if the police officer was in front of the car, behind the car, at side of the car, ten feet away, twenty feet away, six inches away. It doesn't matter. You drive your car. And I heard it on the news the bottom of the hour that she was turning away from police. Look at the video. Look at the video that that ice agent was struck by that car at that point. That car is a deadly weapon, pretty cut and dry. I don't know how that is related to and the point he was trying to make that somehow they're the same thing. I don't think so. The the end result is the same that police had to fire in their own self defense. And look, I don't know if you've ever had a gun pointed at you in anger, but I have. And there's if if you have, you know exactly what I'm talking about that it brings when when you face that threat of a loaded weapon being pointed at you, it brings things into clarity very quickly. There are a few things, if anything, in life, more sobering than that moment. So when you're a police officer and you're on the job and you see someone turning towards you with that weapon in your hand. You are justified to protect yourself and protect others. And trying to equate the situation in Minneapolis with the one in Cincinnati. I just don't make that connection. Matthew and Preble County. Then we got ed in Coleraine, Matthew seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Hey, Dan, real quick, you know from twenty thousand seeds, do you?
Speaker 9: I'm just hearing all this.
Speaker 13: Stuff more on Cincinnati and the Minneapolis stuff. You know, that's a whole different ballgame in my opinion, no comparison needed. But the camera is going up in Laurel Park down there. For one. Aren't parks closed at dark? Don't parkspose it at nighttime when the sun goes down normally?
Speaker 1: So you know, mean the park is there. I don't know that. I have not been by that park. I don't know if they're signage saying when the park is open when it's not. And I mean, look these are this is an eleven year old kid. An eleven year old kid goes out and was it totally dark at that time? I don't know. I mean the time is changing. I noticed the other night at at six o'clock at night, it was still there was still some daylight out there, so was there some lingering daylight. I don't know about that particular night, that particular incident, but to have a kid in a park at six o'clock at night doesn't seem totally out of the realm of being unreasonable to me.
Speaker 13: But putting lights up, that almost seems like it will facilitate parents letting more kids play later in the park because it's lit up, and they'll have a false sense of security because there's light.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the light lights and cameras. They don't necessarily provide a sense of security, but they provide an ability to if there's a perpetrator in an incident like this, to to track down that perpetrator and put that perpetrator behind bars. Now we have we have a whole other issue with that here in Cincinnati. As far as locking up people who need to be locked up, we don't, we aren't. We are not doing a great job of that at the present.
Speaker 13: Time by putting the lights up, and same with the city, you know, with other things they're doing. It seems like they're treating the effect rather than treating the cause, which would be you know, miners and gun violence, so they're they're treating the effect and they're reactive rather than proactive, which seems to be part of the course with the city manager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, AFT tab Purval just said, look, we got to have a tax increase so we can we can't address crime, and we can address poverty, which, according to AFT tab Purvol, is the root cause of crime. And spending more money on poverty programs apparently an AFT tab Purvol's mind is going to go a long way in addressing that issue. Let's get one more call in here before we call it a day and make way for Bill Cunningham coming up at noon. But we've got to ed in Coleraine, ED seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 1: But I'm good, Ed. What's up?
Speaker 9: Well, actually, I'm just on an off note. I think all parks close at dusk, okay, when it's dark, they close at dusk. And I don't understand why the thing that happened in Minneapolis terriblesm may be they didn't listen to what the cops said. I mean, what happened to the days my parents raised me to do what the guy with a gun told me to do, and I'd live another day to figure it out. Where Where did that go? In the in this day and age? Where did that go?
Speaker 1: I don't understand it well that I think that's a I think that's ap.
Speaker 9: Everybody wants to take a cop to the task and he's just doing his damn job. If he says something to you, do what he is.
Speaker 1: I think that's a major component of this. So there is clearly uh commands being made by these federal agents for her to stop the car and then get out of the car, and there is there can be no question that she did not comply with those commands, and the failure to comply with those commands led to her doing what back in the car, up putting the car in gear, stepping on the gas, and hitting a federal agent. I don't know. I don't know how muchimore cut and driving it needs to get. I don't know why you wouldn't do it, But she mean, I.
Speaker 9: Don't get all these things that go on. I just don't understand why where did the values go that a police officer is a person of power and you do what they say and then yeah, maybe you have to go to court to get out of a ticket or whatever. But I mean, my god, do you want to die or do you want to go to court a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: It's it's a fairly simple.
Speaker 9: Concept can be. People can't be that stupid. It just amazes me they can't be.
Speaker 1: You know. I used to fly around in a helicopter for Channel nine WCPO long time, and there were times when I would pull up and ed we got a run. But there were times when we would be over a situation where you had a police officer had a car pulled over, and I would have the camera trained on that in recording video just in case something went sideways. But the vast majority of times people comply. They may not be happy about it, but everyone leaves healthy and happy. And if you comply, there's a good chance, way of almost a chance, that's what's going to happen. I got to get out of here, Dave, Thank you for everything. Bill Cunningham is up next on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW