Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they.
Speaker 2: Can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world Champion La Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Thursday night, May fourteenth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: May the fourth be with you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the fourteenth Dodgers twenty five and eighteen on the season. After a loss to the Giants of the first two games of this series, the Dodgers answered back last night with the victory a big one behind show O Tani, and tonight they look to even things up in this four game set with em and Shean on the mount. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a hot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. You are going to hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Will also check in with Mookie Betts. David VA say, we'll go one on one with a high end tight coming up in just a little bit with Max Munsey DV. Of course we'll check in throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment, the latest injury news for the Dodgers, and of course we'll check in with Tim Neverd and Rick Monday out at the gallp before broadcast booth coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, last night, the Dodgers needed a win, and they.
Speaker 4: Gave the ball to show hey Otani, and he went out and absolutely dealed seven shut out nings. He scattered just four hits along the way while striking out eight, walk just two, limited damage on the base pass through one hundred and five pitches, a season high.
Speaker 2: He was brilliant on the mound.
Speaker 4: He just needed the Dodgers offense to come along and score some run for him. Well, first couple of innings the Dodgers put up zeros, but then in the bottom of the third inning it was the bottom of the order getting them on the board thanks to Santiago Espinal.
Speaker 5: His first twenty games with the Dodgers, only thirty two at bats. He's sitting a buck eighty eight. The two one coming, and Espinal hits one hard to deep left field.
Speaker 1: Romo's at the wall, he jumps and it is gone.
Speaker 5: Espinall's first home run is a Dodger gives them a one nothing lead.
Speaker 4: Santiago Espinal goes deep. Dodgers up one to nothing. Lineup turned over to Mookie Betts. Very next batter, back to back jacks.
Speaker 5: The two one to bets. Now Bets smashes one to left field.
Speaker 1: Back to back with Bets.
Speaker 5: Good to see a move first home run off the injured lists of the season. Two nothing Dodgers in a blink.
Speaker 2: Back to back home runs.
Speaker 4: How about that the Dodgers with some instant offense there the third. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by ARCO quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers up two to nothing in the fourth, they would tack on two more tai Oscar Hernandez and RBI single to right scoring Kyle Tucker. Dodgers with a three to nothing lead, and then two batters later, Alex called with the sack fly to right, scoring ta Oscar and the Dodgers with a four spot, a four nothing lead that was more than enough for the showstopper show Hey O'tani, who stopped the losing streak got the Dodgers the victory as they go on and shut out in San Francisco last night, four to nothing show hey Otani with seven shutout innings, he picks up the win, his third of this season. Robbie Ray, who had pitched well against the Dodgers over the course of his career, he gets tagged with the loss. He pitched into the fifth inning, gave up the four runs on seven hits, including the back to back home runs. He falls to three and five on the season. The Dodgers now twenty five and eighteen overall. They are at a tie now with San Diego atop the NL West. More importantly, Dodgers looking to take care of business tonight and even up this four game series with the San Francisco Giants and finish off this homestand before heading out on a nine game road trip that begins over the weekend.
Speaker 2: With three in Anaheim.
Speaker 4: Im Shean on the mountain Tonight, first pitch of seven to ten, and with more we head out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Thanks very much, Tim.
Speaker 6: Beautiful evening for a ball game here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Giants wrapping up this four game set. The Dodgers right now tied with the Padres atop the Western Division. The p Andres losing to the Brewers earlier today twenty five and eighteen. The record Giants eighteen and twenty five, as they are seven and a half off the pace. The Giants have won four to the last six. The Dodgers have lost nine of the last fourteen and for the last six to San Francisco. The Giant's still struggling as a team overall, but for one reason or another, they have found the formula, at least at this point in the season, to have more wins than losses against the Dodgers. And she and two and one landon rope Roupe is five and three right handed, will go for San Francisco tonight and Ma last night, Mookie Bets gets back in the lineup hits a home run. He's not in the lineup tonight, Dave Roberts saying he wants to sort of ease him back in and not rush him. Just coming off the interview.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think a very wise thing to do. He's available to come off the bench. Yes, show Heyo Tani available to come off the bench too. Last night the winning pitcher going seven shutout innings. But I think overall this is a ball club now, Tim Hopefully the kind of turning the corner offense looked much better in last night's ball game. Yes, it helps when you have home runs, and Mookie Betts hit one of them. The other one was by Santiago Espinal. A little bit different lineup we're seeing in today's game, and especially at the top of the line.
Speaker 6: Well Smith has never let off a game in his major league career until tonight. He's going to be the leadoff hitter and the designated hitter, both he and Dalton Rushing and the lineup. Rushing will catch and hit seventh, and Kyle Tucker moves up the third.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And the other part too, is that Hasan Kim will get the start at second base. A shortstop is going to be Miguel Rojas, we're beginning to see now Ti Oscar Hernanuz kind of moving up the lineup a little bit more, a couple of hits in RBI last night, swinging the bat better, but he is still absent with the home run department. He's now gone twenty two consecutive games without hitting a home run. The Dodgers, rather than seeing him hit home runs, are just as happy to see him get base hits and get on base.
Speaker 6: And talking about looking a little more comfortable. Dave Roberts was asked about Kyle Tucker moving him up in the order. He says that Tucker looks more comfortable in the last week or so, but he's still not right. He said that he's not right to him, he said, Kyle says he's not quite right, and they don't believe he's where he needs to be.
Speaker 7: Just no, and I don't think he's far away from being. There was beginning to see some better match just as we were talking about, show hey Otani the last couple of games that he was actually in the lineup as a designated hitter. Yes, he hit the home run Otani did a few games ago, but he's having a sealed difficulty repeating the good swing one after the next, after the next, and Tucker's getting closer and closer himself.
Speaker 6: Well, when you look at the bench tonight, it's not often you have show Hey Otani and Mookie Betts available off the same bench.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's not a bad go to if it's going to be needed. And one thing that is needed another performance by Emmitt Shean, and I think we'd go back to what Dave Roberts has said in the past. We'll talk more about Shean a little bit later on, but trust your stuff and go right after him.
Speaker 6: He didn't.
Speaker 7: Went four and two thirds the last outing, allowed just one run on six hits, but it took him eighty eight pitches to even get two outs into the fifth inning.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Giants, Game four, Dodgers trying to even this series at two wins a piece.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: As we coming down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game.
Speaker 2: Name me along.
Speaker 4: It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now.
Speaker 2: At Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 4: I'm coming up here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You here from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vassay more on the fact that there's no Mookie, no show hey in the starting lineup tonight. In fact, we'll hear from Mookie Betts we come back. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Thursday night. May the Force be with you on Star Wars Night out of Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Thursday night. I mean she and Landon rubed the bitch you match up finale of a four game series, final game of the home stand. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani three.
Speaker 5: Why here's the two got him swings and misses on a sweeper breaking down and in his first strikeout ends his first inning strands the two to two out base runners scoreless going to the bottom of the first.
Speaker 1: Now the one two.
Speaker 5: Cold strike three on the inside corner and old Tani strikes out the side in a shutdown fourth inning, so a in two on Devors swing' going to miss strike three and old Tani lets out a row after blowing a ninety eight mile Prower fastball by Devors.
Speaker 2: Show hey Otani.
Speaker 4: Last night, the pitcher seven shutout Indians allowed just four hits, struck out eight along the way, lowering that erra to zero point eight two on this season. As the Dodgers shut out the Giants last night four to nothing, they had back to back home runs from Santiago Espinal and Mookie Bets in the thirty and you get the Dodgers on the board two more runs in the fourth to get the Ford to nothing to win. And afterwards Mookie Betts catching up with kirst Watson rookie to.
Speaker 8: Get the offense going tonight, you and Santiago Espinal went back to back home runs off of Robbie Ray. When you when you saw San Diago's at that it basically essentially the same pitch that you saw, which is something you saw on his at bat or something you were looking for to get that home runs making.
Speaker 9: Uh huh No, I'm just looking to get hits to try and help the boys I mean, we we've been going through it. I know I can help and fortunately I did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of courst me, you were going to be a spark when you came off the il. But what does that swing tell you us to where their swing is at just right now and how you're feeling at the plate.
Speaker 2: I think we're close.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know this is only the third game, so you know, I gotta get myself, you know, four or five games to kind of try and get into some type of rhythm and so I at least means we're heading in the right direction.
Speaker 8: For the offense as a whole. Today, not only do we see the power, but we saw you guys just building innings. Is this where you guys are trying to get back to right now as a group.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we still didn't score very many runs, but we we manufactured a couple of homers and built a couple of innings and score a couple of runs. So we're trying, you know, we're doing doing our best to make it work and eventually will break through.
Speaker 8: You guys, of course, had the support show. Hey Otani seven shutout innings. What were you seeing from him and what was it like just playing behind him today.
Speaker 9: I mean he was, you know, throwing everything for strikes. I mean, not walking guy. I mean yeah, I mean he's show Hey. There's not many words you can really say about him.
Speaker 2: He's a best Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's been a tough few days for the team. Did it feel like this was a must win for the group or did it just feel like you all came together with a.
Speaker 2: Different effort for this one.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it felt like a must win, but it felt like we must get something going, you know, we must show ourselves at least give ourselves a little light.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, show Hey.
Speaker 9: Shut them down on the other side and gave us a little time to build something.
Speaker 8: You guys sure to congratulations on this one today.
Speaker 2: Nuki, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, there's Mooki betch post game night after a home run of the Dodgers for nothing victory Kirston and Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now with Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David bassgo's one on one with Max Munsey. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts and the manager Dave Roberts, got a different looking lineup tonight with no Mookie Betts and no show Aotani Will Smith the designated hitter. Leading off, we'll hear from the Dodger manager coming up, So we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants first pitch at seven ten on Star Wars Night.
Speaker 2: The Force be with you.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kasons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 4: Law Morongo Casino Dodger on Deck continues on this Thursday night as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and the Giants, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Immage Sheen on the mound. First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 4: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Brock Stewart on the IL with the left bone spur in his foot, Edwin Diaz on the IL, Tyler Glasstow on the IL, More on that coming up with David Vesse, Tommy Edmond on the sixty day IL, Kicky Hernandez on the sixty DAIL. But he is in Oklahoma City getting at bats and playing time in Triple A. Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Landonak also on the injured list. Bruce dar graderol speaking of Triple A, making his way back from a shoulder inflammation and fatigue that he really suffered through all of last year. He is progressing and hoping to be with the Dodgers very very soon. Let's head back out to the Dodgers Stadium and check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Gepper, any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just, dude, can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think with Will it was just I just feel he's unflappable. You know, whatever position he's in, you put him in, he responds, and so I just felt that, you know, giving him an opportunity to get five at bats kind of leaving the other guys in their rightful spots made the most sense and I just trust them, So I felt like it was an easy thing for him to handle.
Speaker 1: Kind of looking at.
Speaker 8: The lineup right now, I know show he's the lead off hitter, But is it kind of fun just creating these different situations that you have for.
Speaker 1: These other players and getting them.
Speaker 8: In spots where it potentially could be an option down the line, or.
Speaker 2: Seeing what things could look playing for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think so, because I think that you know, you know, one school of thought is you hit everyone in the same spot in the order every day and they get comfortable and kind of understand their role in the lineup. And the other school of thought is to have a little bit of flexibility to give you the best chance to win that particular night, and that's based on the starting pitcher, their bullpen, and the combo of that is the best because you don't want to be too kind of obnoxious and because there is a feel part of the lineup and where you're hitting the order. But I think that there's a competitive advantage as well if you can structure and you have guys that are open to that flexibility.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately that we have that all right, there's the manager Dave Roberts talking about the lineup, which, yeah, looks a little different with no Mookie Betts, no show. Heyltani and Will Smith. You're designated it or leading off tonight. But shaking things up, as he said, could be a good thing for this Dodgers team.
Speaker 2: When we continue here.
Speaker 4: On rog because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will check in with the David Vatze, who you'll also be able to see Sports Net LA tonight, looking all sharp in his suit. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Giants on this Star Wars night. First pitch of you to a glow field the Dodgers dat except for seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Giants on this Thursday night, Sto Wars Night out at the Revee in the force. Be with you, em it She and Landon Rube. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball's brought you by Al Pato, born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 2: El Pato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, David, here we are final game of this four game set. Go back to last night, though, show Hey o Tani. What a performance he put on the mound, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Rick Monday and I talked about it last night and we're going to talk about it again later this afternoon. Just how amazing he was and how he was an ace and something that I saw after the game last night. He's now one of ten pitchers in baseball history through his first seven starts seven games where he has five strikeouts and a sub one eer. For of those pitchers on that list of ten won the Cy Young, including Rick's former teammate Fernando Vevenezuela. So you know, show Hey has made it very clear he is very focused on pitching. He would love to win the Cy Young Award and help his team win as many games when he's on the mound, and it's hard to argue right now that he isn't the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 6: No doubt.
Speaker 4: David has brought to you by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends in the North American Truck of the Year. Everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California. Have four dealers today? All right, David, what do the Dodgers need more Otani the hitter or Otani the pitcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great question, right because the Dodgers have had injuries and key injuries to starters right now. Tyler glassnow is on the IL. River Ryan, who the Dodgers were looking to as some depth in the minor leagues, has been on the IL with a hamstring injury. He's coming back for the first time in a month to pitch for Oklahoma City. And Blake Snell has been on the IL up until his last starts. So you know, you can make an argument for both Otani the pitcher and Otani the hitter but the reality is the Dodgers play every day and Otani, the dh plays every day, so you could say, no matter how great he is, he's great for thirty starts. But Otani that we saw last year and the year before was great one hundred and sixty two times.
Speaker 4: All right, speaking of pitching in his Dodgers rotation, what's the latest on Tyler Glass now in his back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw him playing catch for the first time since he went on the IL with lower backspasms yesterday, So that's a good sign. And look, it's going to be a slow build up. Luckily right now it doesn't seem like he's going to be on the IL for longer than fifteen days. So that's good news. And I wouldn't be surprised. I have no confirmation of this that he may have gotten an injection in his lower back to free things up and to calm down whatever was going on there to put him on the IL and come out of his last start. So to have him out here yesterday playing catch is certainly a sign that it's going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: All right, David, This line up tonight again, San Francisco. No show, Hey Otani, no Mookie beds Will Smith, Yes, Will Smith the designated hitter leading off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talked to Dalton Rushing, who's the catcher tonight and who was leading off the last two times Otani did not dh Dalton Rushing told me he had not done it since High A and he didn't really feel comfortable being thrust in as the leadoff hitter. So there is something to it. It's not just, you know, another spot in the order. And Will Smith has never done this in his major league career. But we'll see how he does tonight. Whether or not he works an eight pitch walk or steals a base, you never know. But yeah, this is the first time. And there is really nobody else because Dave Roberts is not going to play Mookie Betts four straight games coming off the IL, and he was intent on giving Otani, at least at the start of today, a chance to catch his breath and recover after last night's great performance.
Speaker 4: Do you think maybe we see show Hey the pinch hitter at all tonight?
Speaker 3: Look, Andrew Friedman told us this last homestand this could be one of those games where he's not starting, but obviously is a threat if the game is close or if the need one hit for Otani to come off the bench.
Speaker 4: We shall see all right, DV great stuff. We'll check you out on sports and at LA tonight as well. Dodger fans celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts to every race day. Don't forget it's preaking mistakes this Saturday, May sixteenth at Santaita Park watching bet on the second Jewel of the Triple Crown. Tickets at Santa Anita dot com Slash Events. All right, coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. We'll still dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere, leading you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Thursday night, first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 4: It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Huntings on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants on this Thursday night, Star Wars Night, Little gro Goo bobblehead on a Dodgers and hopefull you're one of the first forty thousand to get one.
Speaker 2: Imma Sheen on the mound, first pitch.
Speaker 4: At seven ten as Dodgers Baseball is the uh prout. Well, we got a final game here of this homestand final game of this four game set. Don't forget Dodgers after tonight, we'll hit the road for nine games. First stop coming up is Anaheim.
Speaker 1: I do here.
Speaker 3: Without a hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot cut? It's time for the Hawfy Magical moment.
Speaker 2: Pitch Magical.
Speaker 1: By Hawpy hot Tips.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers wrapping up this four game set with the San Francisco Giants. We go back to August fourth, twenty twenty two, Dodgers up at Oracle Park in San Francisco, where they were taking on the Giants in a four game series. And guess what the Dodgers did.
Speaker 6: Stretch by kimberl Here's the payoff pitch to the Stella swag on him miss strike three? He got him, and the Dodgers complete the four game sweep, the first time since nineteen seventy seven they have swept the Giants in four games. In San Francisco. The Dodgers win their seventy second game of the year to go to seventy two and thirty three. They've won their eighth straight against the Giants, first time they've won eight in a row against them of the same season since nineteen seventy nine. Giants will fall to fifty one and fifty five four games Pulow five hundred, and the Dodgers will complete this eight game road trip seven and one well.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers finish off the four games sweep back in twenty twenty two in San Francisco. The first four games sweep in the Bay Area for the Dodgers since nineteen seventy seven. Is Hofey Magical MoMA, brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Hafey so CAW's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will hear from Rick Monday, We'll get your pitching matchup. We'll hear from Max Monty as well. It's all coming up. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Giants, I'm Tim Katson, is the back to back world Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 3: Season Law.
Speaker 4: Star Wars night out at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Giants wrapping up this four game set, Im and she and Landon roofed the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big visits. You're so cal Verizon Store today and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, Rick, the Dodgers are looking for a split incredibly against the Giants, and talking to some players earlier today, they feel like they're getting every team's best shot.
Speaker 7: Well, this must be special, indeed, because not only the victory last night, but David vasaid, ladies and gentlemen, who's actually wearing a coat and tie because he's double dipping tonight both radio and on television, which we're really happy for. So and by the way, good job on the tie.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I always check in the mirror before I leave, because I know Rick Monday, the ex marine is gonna check it.
Speaker 7: Well, we're gonna we're gonna straight it up right before you leave the boots to go downstairs.
Speaker 3: Okay, So don't try.
Speaker 7: No, We're we're gonna take care of Don't get nervous. Don't get nervous.
Speaker 3: Interesting lineup tonight, Will Smith leading off for the first time in his major league career.
Speaker 7: Rick, Yeah, well you're trying to put the speed at the top of the lineup.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Lineups are constructed differently now, and for Will Smith more of a contact type of a hitter, so Will will be there, Max Mounts. He returns the lineup, Andy Pts again batting in the four spot, so Dalton Rushing doing the catching is on. Kim another start at second base and Miguel Rojas will be at shortstop and not a bad ballgame again by show Heyotani, who is just capturing a lot of attention because Otani now the era at zero point eight two.
Speaker 3: And the one thing that Dave Roberts tried to accomplish today was to not have Otani start, give him a recovery day, but still have the threat of Otani coming off the bench if necessary laid in the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the luxury that they're going to have. The other part, too, is you have the luxury of maybe Mooki Ben's coming off the bench a little bit later too, since Muki had played back to back games and this was planned for him not to be in the lineup tonight. But one other note on the show. Heatani I mentioned this last night of the ballgame. If you get two strikes on you, if you're a hitter against Otani, you might as well just hand your bat to the bat boy, because here are the numbers last night with two strikes, hitters were two for nineteen. So far this year, hitters that have two strikes on them batting against shoe Heyotani have seven hits in ninety two at bats. We'll do the math for you, David, since you got that title a little bit too tight. It's a zero seven to six batting average against you get two strikes again, you might as well order some popcorn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rick, those are incredible numbers, and it goes to what we saw last night. It felt like Otani was going to do everything he could in his power on that mound not to let the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Loose, absolutely, And let me put that performance to this particular point in context, in comparison, if you will, because this is a date that Fernando Venezuelan accomplished something. First of all, he was the winning pitcher right here, the largest crowd in seven years beat in Montreal two to one. So Fernando the first eight starts of the season nineteen eighty one, he was eight and oho an era is zero point five zero. He tossed five shutouts, seven complete games, and in seventy two innings had sixty eight strikeouts, was all that he had allowed in that particular time. So seventy two innings, just forty three hits on top of it, And Fernando was asked after the ballgame, do you think you can sustain this? And for Jimi Heren, the Hall of Fame broadcast who was Fernando's interpreter back then, said that Fernando, in translating Fernando says it would be difficult, but not impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fernando thought there were no limits.
Speaker 7: Back It was absolutely sensational, just incredible. But you imagine that start off the season eight and oh with an era under one.
Speaker 3: Well, you talk about it like you're in the third party here, but you you were actually at a front row seat. You were his teammates, so you had a living it at times.
Speaker 7: David, it was laughable because hitters and I got it. I got it. Oh, I don't got it. And especially with that, you know, with the screwball that he had, it was just something. It was almost as if Fernando had played this game before, that one particular game, whatever game he was pitching, it was like he was like kind of redoing it in his mind, like he had seen it happen before. He was never compromised not knowing what to do with the baseball whenever he had it or whenever it was hit to him or thrown to him, well, he always knew what.
Speaker 3: To do with it. It's amazing that you said that, because the night that he threw his no hitter, the legend says that he told his teammates when they were watching Dave Stewart throw a no hitter earlier that day, he told them, you're going to see another one tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was amazing. And by the way he could hit also, so in fact, after the first eight starts for nandove Alle Zeula was hitting three sixty, Is that it?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So he was Otani before Otani.
Speaker 7: Well, now you're onto something, David, Okay, yeah, maybe that ties not too tight for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, Rick, I look forward to you helping me straight into I'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you.
Speaker 4: TV boy Dodgers Baseball is presented by Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com, slash us.
Speaker 2: Sweet kid. David's on TV tonight looking all damper there with his.
Speaker 4: Suit and tie. Check him out on Sports at LA. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Steven Nelson, Well, he was with us this whole home stand. Now it's Tim Nevert and Rick Monday on the call to night. Up next we go high and tight with Max Buncie Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 2: First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kase at the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Star Wars Night out of Dodgers Stadium. Is the Dodgers take on the San Francisco Giants image and landon roofed The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shanky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 3: He is public enemy number one in San Francisco, but beloved in Los Angeles. Three times World Series champion, the one and only Max Monsey. Max, thanks a lot for the time appreciated, of course, I know you were looking forward to this all series.
Speaker 11: Sure, whatever you said.
Speaker 3: Dave, what is it about the rivalry between the Dodgers and Giants. You've been part of this now since twenty eighteen, you've hit more home runs against them, not outside of Nolan Arenado and Paul Goldschmid. It just seems like you've you've really embraced this rivalry since you became a Dodger.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's fun. The games are fun. The atmospheres are fun. You know, this is a rivalry that dates all the way back to New York. And then you know, it's just it's a you know, as a as a baseball fan, it's just fun to be a part of these types of games, and you know it's fun to play them.
Speaker 3: I know you're comfortable between the lines, but how comfortable are you when you go to San Francisco? Do you have to stay quarantined in your room before you get to the ballpark. No, No, it's nothing like that.
Speaker 11: You know, as heated as a rivalry as it is, and you know that the fans may hate, you know, each other, every time we play them, it's always been civil, and you know they when you go to San fran they you know, those fans will say it, they say, but it's it's more in fun and just of the rivalry and it's never it's never really anything personal, and you don't take it personal. It's just, you know, like I said, it's fun to be a part of it and you enjoy it, and you know it's it's makes baseball fun.
Speaker 1: Do you take it.
Speaker 3: As a compliment when you're in San Francisco and fans are really coming after Max Muncy. That means you did something well.
Speaker 11: They say, if you're up booing you and then you know you've done something good. You know, I don't know if that's the case it but you know, going back to whether they're saying it's just fun to be a part of that, you know, it's it's something you look forward to, or you know, you just you really enjoy playing in those games.
Speaker 3: One of the great images of this rivalry up the last fifteen years, of course, was the home run you hit against Madison Bumgardner. We're now that he's retired, Where did you guys leave your relationship, your competitive relationship? Did you guys ever talk about that moment?
Speaker 11: No, you know, we never talked about it, but there was never any hard feelings between us. And you know, and I've always understood that. I think he understands that when he's on the mounds, he's a competitor. He's a fiery competitor. That was something I always respected about him, was he was always doing his best out there and he wasn't gonna let anything get in his way. And you know, I like to play the same way, and that's really all it was. It was just a heated moment on the field. And you know, again, nothing personal. It's just something that happened. And you know, I've never talked to him about it, but you know, I've never heard anything said, so you know, as far as I know, it is just he probably feels the same way. It's just one of those moments that was on the field.
Speaker 3: Has the rivalry since you've been part of it evolved? I mean, we see a lot of guys hugging out there on the basis, it seems like there's a lot of crossover these days. Is there still that tension when first pitch is thrown?
Speaker 11: Well, I think that's just the game of baseball, you know. I think baseball has evolved to there's not so many of those moments where I say, you can't talk to this team, you can't talk to this guy, And yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's good for the sport.
Speaker 11: I think, you know, just everyone's trying to grow the game, orone's trying to have fun out there and everyone's trying to compete, and you know, I think it's just baseball evolving. All right.
Speaker 3: Let's fast forward to twenty twenty six. I mentioned to you that I heard Blue Jays manager John Schneider say the other day that teams are pitching the Blue Jays a lot differently than a year ago. Do you feel like teams are pitching the Dodgers differently this year than they did a year ago.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been.
Speaker 11: That way for several years, several years for us. I don't know if that's just a report that's gotten out about us about how we prepare, how we game plan, and you know, guys changed teams, and so I don't know if that's gotten out there, but we started noticing that years ago. Teams have always pitched us differently. They go off game plan, they go off scouting.
Speaker 4: Important.
Speaker 11: It makes it tough because you try to prepare a certain way and when teams flip the script on you, it makes it really tough. And you know, these are big league players, you know, they get just saying that. Everyone always says it's the guys any other teams, drave Mercedes too, you know, and that's that's a true fact. These are the best players in the world. And you know, I know we're a really good team, but those everyone in Major League Baseball is good, and so when they do something that you're not completely prepared for it makes it challenging, and you know, like I said, we've noticed that for the last several years. That's just how it's been, and especially when it gets closed to playoff time. You know, if you face a team that you might face in the playoffs, they always pitch you a completely different way, knowing that they're not going to pitch you that way in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: All right, So Will Smith is leading off for the first time in his major league career. Does that mean Max Muntsey can go back to second base if needed?
Speaker 11: I can always go back to second base, And it's actually almost happened a couple of times this year. You know, there there's been a couple of times where Freddie was going to go to third base and I was going to go to second base. And you know, second base is a position that's always been natural to me. So I can go back over there at any time. And you know the coaching steph knows that, so you know they feel comfortable doing that.
Speaker 3: Any advice for Will Smith leading off tonight.
Speaker 1: No, no advice.
Speaker 11: I let off a couple of times and I didn't know what to do, So I'm not the guy to ask for advice. You know, I don't know if you take the first pitch, you swing at the first pitch, I don't know, but you know, nowadays the first pitch of the game is no longer guaranteed fastball, as as we've been seeing a bunch of this year. So yeah, I got no advice for him on that one.
Speaker 3: All right, Max, Well, thank you for stopping. Always great to catch up with you, and I know, uh Dodger fans, LA fans appreciate everything that you've given the team and how much you want to be here and obviously it's translating this season, so.
Speaker 1: Thank you of course.
Speaker 3: Anytime there he is the man, three time, three time World Series champion, Max Mounsey. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot DV.
Speaker 4: Max Mounsey loves playing the San Francisco Giants. All right, as we lead jump the first pitch on this Thursday night, I'm next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Do not go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim kass the back to back rules champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Baseball Dodgers and Giants. First betcherm Uniclo Field, that Dodger Stadium is coming up.
Speaker 2: It's seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinam we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchups brought to you buyer Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Landing Roup on.
Speaker 4: The mound for San Francisco five and three with a three zero nine ELRA. Twenty seven year old right hander, twelfth round pick of the Giants back in twenty twenty one out of UNC Wilmington, third season, now in the Big League's making his ninth start last time out. Four innings, one run, three hits, eight strikeouts and a loss of the Pirates. He's a sinkerballer curveball change up. In fact, his curveball thrown almost thirty five percent of the time, very effective as opponents are hitting just one ninety seven against him, with forty nine strikeouts and a thirty five percent with rate on that curveball. These faced the Dodgers for the sixth time in his career one in two over five career appearances, three starts, five to seventy one ERRA, but the Dodgers saw him just last month at Oracle Park and he was really good. Five innings, one run, one hit, seven strikeouts, five walks against the Dodgers. Over the last two starts against the Dodgers one and one with a one sixty four ERA. Image Sheen on the Mountain two and one four to seventy nine ERA. Twenty six year old right hindred his four season now in the big leagues, finally healthy, making his eight start last time out four and two thirty innings, one run, six hits, seven strikeouts and no decision against the Atlanta Braves. He has one and nine four appearances against the Giants with a sub one R and twenty five strikeouts. I mean Sheen has limited the Giants to a zero forty four batting average. There are three for sixty eight against him. He last to face them on September twenty first, last year, firing seven scoreless innings, giving up one hit, striking out ten, but did not factor in the decision. So good pitching matchup coming up Dodgers and Giants Image Shean Landing Roup. The pitching matchup was we were fifteen minutes to way from first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game are coming up next.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 4: Low Dodgers and Giants. Emmitt she and Landing rub the pitching matchup as we're getting you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts a great moment Start with Saporo Beer.
Speaker 2: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 4: Toporo has you cover with the variety crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Head back out to the booth. One final time. Tim nevert Rick Monday, guess Tim.
Speaker 6: Thanks again, we get you ready for this ball game tonight, beautiful night for a game at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium is Emmett. Sheen will take the hill. Emmett two and one with a four seventy nine ERA. It's his fourth career start, fifth appearance against the Giants. In his career opponent he's familiar with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, familiar with then for Shean mentioned earlier, took him eighty eight pitches to go four and two thirds. Last time, outing only allowed one hit in that ball game, I should say one run on the six hit, struck out seven. But he's a guy that has really good good stuff. He throws a lot of strikes in the all speed pitches. You know, he entered the last outing he was eighth best as far as all speed pitches, being effective against not only right handers but also lefties.
Speaker 6: And for the Giants, land In Roupe five and three on the season. He's one and two career against the Dodgers with a five seventy one ERA. He'll make his sixth career appearance. He got to keep an eye on the change up, but most importantly the sinker.
Speaker 7: With yeah, and he worked it very well. I mean the third week in April up in San Francisco, held the Dodgers one run, only one hit over five innings of work. And for Roupe, well, if he's on, he's going to be challenging with the hitters.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts was asked about Tyler glasnow this afternoon if he would be eligible to come off when he's ready to come off the injured list and make his next start. Dave said, I don't think so. They're going to take their time with Tyler Glass now counting it down to the first pitch. The Dodgers and the Giants em at Sheen against Landon Roupe.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, guys, Dodgers and Giants. Final game of this four game set Dodgers. After tonight, we'll hit the road for nine with stops in Anaheim, San Diego, and Milwaukee. But first things first, Dodgers going into action tied with the Padres at twenty five and eighteen. Padres lost earlier today in Milwaukee, so Dodger win and they can pick up some ground in the NL West. Dodgers and Giants coming up next on Star Wars Night at the Ravine she and Tanks the Mount. When we return and join everybody, I'll be back with all the post games when it's over. I'm Tim Katson at the Back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network